Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'3

Arrow when other people eat what you want?

Hello I'm new here and I was just wondering do you all ever feel upset when people get to eat stuff when you can't and what you do about it?I'm currentally doing the 17day diet and yesterday my boyfriend had pizza {{my favorite food}} and I felt really sad that I couldnt have any. What do you guys do when this happends? Thank you and have a great day
princess katlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Is there an acceptable alternative for your plan? I made the kids pizza today so I made myself mini pizzas on mushroom caps. Fulfilled the craving and was within the limits of my plan. No sad feelings!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/265/175

Height: 5'6''

My mom had some mcdonalds in front of me today and it smelled so good! But I just sat there with her and ate my healthy lunch. I thought it would bother me but it didn't too much. I figure that if I lose what I need to then someday I can eat things like that every once in a while. But for now I know I can't and for me at least its just mind over matter. I'm sure there will be some things that I may have to leave the room so I don't cave (taco bell would kill me) so thats what I plan on doing when I'm in that situation.. Just walk away
Jeckeree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well firstly, couldn't you have one slice of pizza with a salad? Wouldn't that fit into your plan?

OR, have him order half of the pizza vegetarian for you to lower the calories even more?

OR, you could make a substitute, like that pretty VALROCK suggested. I make either a pizza omelette, or a veggie pita pizza, or a tortilla pizza. All are healthy and much lower calories and fit into my plan. Other times, we may have thin crust pizza with a salad.

My solution is to look for something that can fit in to my long-term plan. I'm so glad that my plan allows me some flexibility to have foods I love too!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeckeree View Post
My mom had some mcdonalds in front of me today and it smelled so good! But I just sat there with her and ate my healthy lunch. I thought it would bother me but it didn't too much. I figure that if I lose what I need to then someday I can eat things like that every once in a while. But for now I know I can't and for me at least its just mind over matter. I'm sure there will be some things that I may have to leave the room so I don't cave (taco bell would kill me) so thats what I plan on doing when I'm in that situation.. Just walk away
I've learned how to make everything into a salad.

Big Mac in a bowl! Lean Ground beef, onions, pickles, a tiny bit of cheese, and Walden Farms Thousand Island and tons of lettuce!

Taco salad: Ground turkey, taco spices, a bit o cheese, plain greek yogurt, tomatoes, ad tons of lettuce.

BAM, craving averted
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

It doesn't really bother me too much anymore. I'm around students all the time and most of them kinda just eat whatever they want. I sit near, stand near, and walk around kids who are eating french fries, chips, pizza, etc. all the time. It used to bother me but now I hardly notice it. It gets easier as time goes by.
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Maybe ask him to be more considerate of your diet?

My boyfriend asks me if it's okay if he eats certain things. "hey hun, I want Arby's.. is that gunna mess you up?" and depending on how good or bad my day was when it came to my plan or my will power, I'd answer yes or no. Most of the time I say it's fine but sometimes I'll ask that he finish his fries before I'm home. Or if he wants a pizza (My favorite too!) I'll ask that he get toppings on it that I don't like and he does. Stuff like that.

I also ask him to hide food that I like that I know is in the house so I can't get to it. Like the other day I requested that he get the Doritos out of my sight because they were calling my name lol (He wasn't eating them). And I do eat natural peanut butter for a snack but last night I was eating too much of it and I asked him to take it from me.

You might find that it becomes easier with time to ignore what other people are eating. I know it's easier for me now.

Last edited by Daki; 02-03-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #8  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

I would suggest that if you can allow yourself to have a slice that isn't going to upset anything with a salad like justwant2bhealthy mentioned. If not, maybe leave the room, go for a walk, get your mind off it somehow. Or some other healthier alternative.
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/265/175

Height: 5'6''

Big mac in a bowl sounds really good! I'll have to take the idea of turning things into salads and run with it. Thanks!
Jeckeree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'3

Thank you all so much. I belive next time i'll just get up or walk away. As for the alternatives I'm not sure im gunna google and see if theres anymore recipes for the diet plan. He did ask me to make sure it was ok but I felt bad if id say no and I didn't think it would bother me as much as it did ha.
princess katlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #11  
GET IT!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/170

Height: 5'11" age: 24

This might sound kinda mean (since it's about loved ones usually) but usually I just sit there eating my healthy food and think about how terrible the food they're eating is for them and wonder how they can eat junk like that without a care in the world. I know it's terrible but it makes me feel better about eating healthy and maybe the more we eat healthy it will rub off on those around us.
katiekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #12  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiekay View Post
This might sound kinda mean (since it's about loved ones usually) but usually I just sit there eating my healthy food and think about how terrible the food they're eating is for them and wonder how they can eat junk like that without a care in the world. I know it's terrible but it makes me feel better about eating healthy and maybe the more we eat healthy it will rub off on those around us.
Honestly, I think that's not a good way to go about it. Thinking of food in terms of "bad" and "good" isn't a good way to form healthy eating habits.

Life happens. You want to have fun. We all need to let lose once in a while.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 286/209/150

Height: 5'4

This happens all the time. When it does I just tell myself the truth--they can afford it. Most of my friends are not 100 + lbs overweight. They can eat like that, I can't. I do have several friends who are overweight and continue to eat whatever they want, sometimes in front of me, but that just motivates me.
gonnabfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #14  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

When I was first diagnosed with gluten allergy, it was incredibly hard for me to keep cooking all gluten rich meals for my family. I wanted the pizzas, pasta etc... after awhile, the cravings went away and since I am in charge of cooking, I have made "me friendly" meals for the entire family, at times. -- Last night we enjoyed gluten free pasta dish, and it was well received by all.

I would say; this is your choice, your life. You choose to become healthy, unfortunately that means that you have to be in charge of yourself and your cravings You know pizza is off limits; just think when others indulge on it, how you are strong and NOT gaining weight. you would end up feeling lousy anyways if you caved in.

Stay strong!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #15  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

If I wanted pizza...I would have pizza. BOOM!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote