WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters in love with Life--February

Tina
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I know, I know, that's a corny title this month. :lol:

Happy February to everyone.
We come here to get help, good ideas and great conversation. Please join us, if you are just finding us.

I'm definitely OP and journaling. I can see progress.
I've got a physical the end of the month. That gives me great incentive. :D:D:D

Everyone post what's going on in your world.

Tina
:flow2:

Tina
02-03-2012, 03:27 PM
what is everyone doing this weekend?
We are expecting rain....not good for walking outside!

shcirerf
02-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Been snowing here since about 4am. Cold, windy, snowy, roads slick. Same tomorrow. It was 50 yesterday. Welcome to weather in Nebraska.

Tracking, staying in maintenance, hitting the gym on a regular basis. Doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women. A workout that will kick your backside. But, I'm loving it!

Dead lifted 95 lbs. today!:carrot:

Probably going to just hang around the house tomorrow. Supposed to snow all day. 25/35 mph wind. I don't think I'll even get out of my jammies.:D

Tina
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Brrrr... Janelle, you can keep all that snow and freezing weather.
Today, it has rained all day.
We ate pizza out. I easily used up all my daily points. :lol:

jar1965
02-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all well and OP! Have a nice day! ;)

Tina
02-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Good Tuesday morning!!!!!

Tina
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Good morning,
It's raining. Guess I'll go walk at Target.

How is everyone doing?

Tina
02-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Okay,
Where is everyone?????
Susan, how is Pat???????

Maureen, when are you going to other job sites? Is it snowing there?

Dori, how is your mail order business?

Jeanne, come up for air. You crochet all the time, don't you!

Tammy, your trip is almost over. I know you've had a good time.

Janelle, have you used one of your massage coupons yet?

Mimi, we miss you!

Okay, I've asked lots of questions for answers.
Love y'all

jar1965
02-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi everyone! Busy, busy, busy at work! Chocolate & Valentines Day really do go together!!! We barely get a chance to take a break for a snack or drink this time of the year!!!

Crocheting....busy there too!

So sad about Whitney Houston, hunh?!

Hope everyone is ok! It's been awfully quiet here!

Gotta scoot, getting a pkg ready to be mailed tomorrow....and I work 8-5 the next 2 days! If I don't make it back before tuesday.....ya'all have a great Valentines Day! Hope you get something "sweet"!!!

jeanne

PS - Susan - I've been thinking about you & pat!!!! ((hugs))

shcirerf
02-13-2012, 01:23 AM
Massage is heaven!

Weather here, cold and yuk.

On track.

Bring on summer and gardening!

maureen kempster
02-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Good morning

I'm not missing in action I do come here most days-just haven't had much to say-still stuggling with sticking to program but doing a lot better. Haven't sold my condo yet and that's a big worry-I really can't afford to carry it. Each month I go a bit more in the red!!! My youngest sister's getting married this friday and I'm going to be her witness. So that's exciting.
Hope everyone's well and let's have a great day on program

maureen

Tina
02-14-2012, 11:03 AM
:val3:

Happy Valentine's Day

:val1:

maureen kempster
02-14-2012, 01:08 PM
Same to you all too

Tammy
02-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Not looking forward to this trip ending. I still have books to read that I brought along! lol Tim and Lauren were here last week, and we had such a nice time. If they would move here, I would too.

I have walked lots since I"ve been here, but weight isn't dropping off like I wish it would. Ate out too much when the kids were here, and that didn't help.

shcirerf
02-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Happy Valentines Day!

The last 2 weeks been stress. Hub ended up in the Er with his A-fib. One of our dogs, his testicles never dropped, at work we removed a cancerous testicle the size of a baseball, from a 34 pound dog. :?:

We would have never known, except he couldn't poop. Not a good thing. Thankfully, removing the testicle, usually cures the problem. We did send some tissue to the path lab for testing. Crossing fingers, that it's a normal testicular cancer, and no more treatment will be needed.

Anyway, still in maintenance range at WW WI tonight.

On another note, the vet tech, has a family crisis, and yesterday, requested a week off. To keep the Saturday rotation and keep the boss happy, I'm working 3 weekends in a row. I don't mind, since the vet tech will cover me later, but 3 weekends, bleh!

A little vent.

At work, we also have a vet tech intern on Saturdays. Wouldn't be so bad, except, we work short handed on Saturdays, and it's up to me or the regular tech, which ever one of us is on for Sat., to train her and do the stuff we need to, and keep her busy.

She is a nice lady, community member, etc., but when you're short handed anyway, an untrained person is a headache. Especially, like 2 Saturdays ago, when it was pandolerium and emergencies. She tries, and is a good person, but, just needed to get out of the way, and quit answering the phone and saying yup, we're here. It's hard to explain, and she means well, and I'm not holding it against her, and I understand, she has to learn how we work, but her presence, created more work than was needed.

It does not help that my boss is in the middle of a divorce, and kinda has the hots for this lady, which is not returned. :dizzy:

This too will pass. I am taking off the 8th and 9th of March, and heading to Lincoln, for a football coaching clinic with my son. We do this every year, lots of intense football stuff and shopping fun, and the Hu Hot Grill! Can't wait!:D

auntie
02-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Hi,
Pat feels a little better today. We find out the MRI results tomorrow!

Love ya!!

Tina
02-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Afternoon all,

Maureen, I hope you can sell that condo very soon.

Susan, please let us know about the MRI. Poor Pat!

Janelle, you poor thing! What a month you are having. That's what we're here for---to vent and get encouragement.
You are doing great with your maintainence. :bravo: I hope your husband is better and your dog gets a good outcome on the testing.

Jeanne, come up for air. :lol:

Tammy, have a safe trip home.

I've had a crummy virus all week--from Larry. :dizzy:
I want to walk but haven't felt up to it yet. My physical is on Monday. I hope I pass. he..he..

Tammy
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Tina, hope you are feeling better.

I have been doing tai chi a couple days a week for a few weeks now. Still trying to decide if I like it. They just started zumba this week, and I went today. I've missed it! I am sore tonight though. It has been a while since I have done it.

Have a good weekend everyone!

jar1965
02-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Morning ladies! Wowsie! What a weekend we had! We were very busy. We celebrated Valentines Day & our Anniversary. We went to the Zoo, PPG AQuarium, Phipps Conservatory then shopping ALL FRIDAY! hahah....we started around 9:00 a.m. and got home at 9:00 p.m. Then last night we met my brother and his friend at an Italian Restaurant in Boardman Ohio (about an hour from here..) We had a great time! Today....heading out for our walk and then laundry and crocheting is going to take up my afternoon. Bob goes back to work today after a 10 day vacation! I think I'm going to miss him~ lol!
Jessica & Kaitlin are good. Kaitlin & her boyfriend went away for the weekend! They went up to the lake! She keeps sending pictures.....Jessica is jealous because we all did something except her. lol! Kids are so funny! Even grown ones!
Well gotta scoot! I need another cup of coffee!
Have a great day everyone!
Susan - continued prayers for Pat!

jeanne

Tina
02-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Happy Presidents Day!!!

Ladybug2680
02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Evening ladies. Things around here could be a bit better. I'm haven't been OP for quite a while now and the whole time I've been making excuses. I'm having a flare up of my skin condition (Dariers Disease). The medicine the dr has given me basically burns the bad skin off and a new layer of skin is formed. It takes about 6 weeks for the whole process and right now I'm in the middle of week 2. The area is super red, itchy, dry, and painful to say the least. I haven't been able to do Zumba since the beginning of January because sweat makes the Dariers worse. Hum bug.

Tomorrow I'm getting back on OP and staying. I know that it works when I'm following it, journaling and exercising. So I'll be able to do everything except the exercising. Here's to a new beginning.

auntie
02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi All,

We had a staff development today. I tried to post earlier but the server was super slow at school. I was bored during my workshop.

Everyone has been so busy!

Pat went to work for the first time today since the accident. He came home by 3:00 with a killer headache. Actually, his head has hurt since the accident but then again, it has hurt everyday for the past 30 years! :) He drove himself. His dizziness is only when he goes from a sitting to laying down or from laying down to sitting up. I know it's just going to take time for it to heal. Poor guy!! However, I yesterday he started commenting on my driving so it's time he start himself! He NEVER lets me drive with the exception of hospital stays, etc... He has said "We have got to get you a car with side airbags." He is a little freaked out about it. I'm sure I'll be getting a new car in the near future! Both of ours are 12 years old.

I have decided that I need to get my ACT in GEAR!!! I want to be healthy!!!!

Jeanne, sounds like you had a great weekend. Does Bob still have legs? :)

Tina
02-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi all,
Dori, you poor thing! I am so sorry you are hurting. hang in there!

Susan, I'm so glad Pat is a little better.

Maureen, any bites on your condo?

Tammy, what are you doing on your last days of vacation?

Jeanne, take it easy.

I've got to start journaling again!!!

auntie
02-20-2012, 11:42 PM
In challenging myself to journal and drink my water for the rest of the month!

Ladybug2680
02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Susan - I'm challenging myself to drink only water for a while as well as getting back on program. I have got to do this. I need to journal as well so these are the three things I'll be focusing on for the next little bit.

Tina
02-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Yea! It sounds like we're trying to get back OP. :)

Yesterday I went to the dentist to remove an old amalgam filling and replace it, of course. I'm glad I did because there was a little decay under the old one. That would've hurt some time in the future!
last night and today, my jaw is so sore where he shot me twice. I have what he calls a small mouth and this molar was WAY in the back.
It may take a few days to recover. :lol:

How is everyone today???

auntie
02-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi,

I went to the dietician yesterday. She tweaked my program a little for the next 2 weeks. Plus I said I wanted to do a race or something just I can say I accomplished something. SO....guess what, I'm doing a 5k in May! She gave me the plan for couch to 5k! She said I need to do IT!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Tina
02-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone! :D

It's another beautiful, hot day in Texas. The high today is 86 (February) !
I've worn one sweater once this winter. I really am not ready for summer's 100 degree heat yet. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Susan, that is great about your 5K. Are you walking or running? Please tell us a little about the plan. What do you do the first few weeks of training. Really, I'm interested.

I've got to go back out to the dentist today to get this filled tooth smoothed out. There are so many sharp edges that I feel like I'll ruin my inside cheek and tongue.
Yesterday, I journaled, drank my water, exercised and stayed OP. We'll see if I can keep that up for the rest of this week. :)

Let us know what's going on.

Tina
02-24-2012, 03:31 PM
For anyone who didn't see it on Facebook, Jeanne's grandmother died.

Jeanne, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

maureen kempster
02-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Sorry for your loss Jeanne-prayers going out to you and your family

jar1965
02-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks ladies! :hug:
jeanne

Tina
02-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Happy Monday morning!
On my way to walk. It's so beautiful outiside.

Have a great day!!!!!

auntie
02-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi all,
I ended up going Tojo the Minute Clinic yesterday. I have my very first ever fever blister. They gave me medicine. It started tingling again today, so I called my dr and she gave me the medicine for a week. I looks horrible. I've been taking pictures ad sending the to my sister. Today my lip is very swollen.

Nothing new here.

Tina
02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow, Susan, you really have a bad one.
I don't get them. David and Larry have had a few. They never go to the doctor but just get OTC stuff.
Feel better soon. How is Pat doing?

auntie
02-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Tina,
Pat says I look like a duck with my lip. :) I hope this is the only one I get!

Pat still gets dizzy going from Laing down to being up or the other way around. He mentioned he might go to my ENT. We got his glasses fixed Saturday. All in all better but still has a little ways to go.

Thanks for asking.

Tina
02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Happy February 29!!!

Go out there and have some fun today. :) :) :)

jar1965
02-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone!

I hope everyone is missing all the bad storms I'm hearing about!

Praying for all the families involved in the Chardon Oh School shooting!!! Sad!!!!

Susan- How's that lip....hope you are feeling better!

Tina - Is that tooth all fixed up?

Tammy - How is being back home treating ya?

Maureen - What's new? Did your other place sell yet? How are things in your new one?

Marion - hi! Miss you!

Dori - How is your family?

Well gotta scoot. Cleaning the bathrooms and dusting the bedrooms. Then heading to dinner with some girlfriends!

Have a nice day!

auntie
02-29-2012, 10:45 PM
It's hard to believe that it's Leap Year! and the end of February! This year is going way too fast!

My lip is now scabbed over but is still swollen and painful. It's not near as bad. I NEVER NEVER want another one again!!!! My friend saw me today and asked me "what the **** is on your face?" It's a good thing that he is one of my best friends.

I did my second day for training for the 5k. I'm so excited about it. My dietician said she wants to keep my excitement and motivation.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Tina
03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi, Ho :)

I guess we need to start a March thread.

Back I went to the dentist (2nd trip back) today. He took x-rays and everything looks fine. Things are just sensitive and the place where he numbed me twice is still very sore. I just need to wait another week, he says.
I do trust this dentist and so I will baby the filled tooth. Maybe Larry will take me to the cafeteria tonight. :)

Hope all are doing well OP today.

Tina
03-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Good Morning!

maureen kempster
03-05-2012, 07:06 AM
Good morning ladies

I'm still here. Not much happening except I seem to be getting heavier-I haven't been doing anything so this has to be it-again-I made a great spinach smoothie last night so I'd have it ready for breakfast-that's what I'm having right now. I weighed myself and took my measurements-it's time to get serious. I want to be close to my goal weight by july.

Let's all do this- we can!!

have a great Monday

maureen

Tina
03-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi all,
Maureen, good for you--getting back OP. I must be more deligent now.

Everyone----New Thread Starting for March---Please come post there!!