Ideal Protein Diet - Daily Chat 02/03/2012

View Full Version : Daily Chat 02/03/2012

rissimo
02-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

salmongirl
02-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Good morning! I am up early because my husband got called into the hospital and I couldn't fall back to sleep. Is anyone else having trouble sleeping on this diet?
Well friday is here again and there is fresh powder on the ski hill so I guess I will be driving kids skiing today! Fun stuff! Next year it WILL be me ack on the slopes! I will probably check back in later but I hope everyone has a great day.

New Englander
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Good morning! I am up early because my husband got called into the hospital and I couldn't fall back to sleep. Is anyone else having trouble sleeping on this diet?
Well friday is here again and there is fresh powder on the ski hill so I guess I will be driving kids skiing today! Fun stuff! Next year it WILL be me ack on the slopes! I will probably check back in later but I hope everyone has a great day.
Good morning, I'm sleeping fine...well, as good as I can, but this diet's not impacting my sleep... be well and have a great day!

NavyMommy
02-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Well, I thought for sure that eating out last night would have messed me up (not in the long term, just for the day because of the salt / whatever) but this morning I was down another .2! I know it's not a ton, but as long as you're explicit when eating out they seem happy to help you.

Today I have a nice day back at home so here's hoping I'll get some things accomplished and ready for the weekend!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

NavyMommy
02-03-2012, 08:43 AM

I do sometimes; however, I also have a lot going on right now, so it's hard to say which came first. I sometimes take an herbal supplement at night called melatonin that helps you fall asleep. I like it because I don't sleep heavier than normal with it, so I can still get up with my kids if need be.

Endless Dieter
02-03-2012, 08:55 AM

My sleep patterns have changed since diet. I sleep usually 5-6 hours a night (Pre IP -8 hours). Since I have more energy I probably should not complain. Also, dreams are so more vivid...

JKfromIL
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM

I did have problems the first month or so.I would wake up around 2/3 am and would not be able to fall back to sleep. But that only lasted a couple of weeks ..all is fine sleeping now :)

Ducksmy
02-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Good Morning,
I am sleeping fine! Although I am really really tired by 9pm or so..... Been on Blood pressure meds so I am wondering even with just a small loss am I taking too much? Any ideas? Any way hope everyone has a great day! WI #2 coming up tomarrow......

EmilySebetka
02-03-2012, 10:20 AM
I have no problems with sleeping at all!

Its week 4!! ONE WHOLE MONTH OP!!! I'm so proud of myself for lasting a month! In that month I've lost 13lbs, and about that many inches. Its just amazing to me.

However, not all is well in Emilyland. I'm very frustrated with the people around me, and the fact that I don't yet have a job. I can not imagine being unemployed while having a household and kids to care for. I'm lucky that I have parents to mooch off of.

I'm hoping things will get better. And that alternatives work for me.

Happy happy joy joy!

Goldenrod
02-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Good morning! I am up early because my husband got called into the hospital and I couldn't fall back to sleep. Is anyone else having trouble sleeping on this diet? .

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep for awhile. But most times I don't have an issue with it, except for needing to get up to use the bathroom more often. :o

Goldenrod
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Happy Friday everyone! It's a beautiful sunny day here in Ohio.

Momto2cs
02-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Ha ha. I am still pering at least twice a night, but i am otherwise sleeping good. Most nights I sleep for 10 hours...I usually just go to bed when the kids do.

Sometimes I think it might be too much, but I have lots of energy during the day...

I was also taking melatonin for a while. It definitely works, but I found it gave me crazy dreams!

I continue to hover right around the 150 mark. Last year I really struggled at this point and decided that was it for me.

I have decided to give it another month and then decide if 145 is just not realistic for me...

bludolphin
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
i had problems sleeping at first then it became ok...I think the body is just changing and it needs to catch up. I noticed when i drank more tea or warm liquids the more restless I was.

rbtemplet
02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Good morning, everyone!! Had my WI yesterday...down another pound and a couple of inches. I am loving this diet still, which is amazing to me. I cannot believe I have stuck to something this long (almost 4 months) without letting my self-sabotaging ways get the best of me! Looking forward to a fantastic weekend with my cousins and all of our children at a camp in south Louisiana. Hopefully we can catch some fish...I sure could enjoy some grilled redfish!!

Wishing you all a great OP weekend!!

100poundfreeway
02-03-2012, 11:53 AM

Well enjoy the day picking out your new ski out fit for next year!! :) One of the thing I have been saying is I can't stay this weight when my dagughter is old enough to ski I need to be on the hill with her!!!

heliosmommy
02-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Good Morning everyone. I'm still hanging strong with the diet, no slip ups yet. I am having alot of fun finding new veggies to eat. My loss has slowed down alot to just a pound or so a week. That kinda bums me out, but I just keep sticking and hoping it will pick up soon.

Hope you all have a very good day!

Pamelama
02-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Happy Friday! Prednisone is working! I actually smelled the coffee this morning and could really taste the peanut butter in the soy puffs! :)

Appetite is under control so far. Drinking Lots of water and tea. Have a great OP weekend! :carrot:

100poundfreeway
02-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Woke up this moring and I'm down another pound!!:carrot: I have lost 8 pounds in 9 days! Super excited about that!

On the flip side I think I'm getting sick killer sore throat today!! Can we take anything? Are sugar free cough drops okay?:?: I don't normally do a whole lot for a cold I let them run theri corse but I'm diabetic and have always just needed my sugar free cough drops and lots of fluid!!!

100poundfreeway
02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Happy Friday! Prednisone is working! I actually smelled the coffee this morning and could really taste the peanut butter in the soy puffs! :)

Appetite is under control so far. Drinking Lots of water and tea. Have a great OP weekend! :carrot:

So glad you are feeling better and have your smeller back :)

Mom3LoveBugs
02-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Good morning everyone!

Congrats on all of the successes... it's a nice to read first thing in the morning.

Today was my 4th weigh in since being back OP and I am down 3 lbs. I haven't had a 3 lb loss in a long time so it is very appreciated. :)

grassfedbeef
02-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Anyone have a favorite OP meal they like to get at Weber Grill?

Ishbel
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Woke up this moring and I'm down another pound!!:carrot: I have lost 8 pounds in 9 days! Super excited about that!

On the flip side I think I'm getting sick killer sore throat today!! Can we take anything? Are sugar free cough drops okay?:?: I don't normally do a whole lot for a cold I let them run theri corse but I'm diabetic and have always just needed my sugar free cough drops and lots of fluid!!!

Go to the pharmacy and ask for cold meds that are good for diabetics. Some of the sugar free cough drops have 3 carbs...but if you have a cold...it's either or and how desperate you are. LOTS OF TEA though! (herbal) Feel better! :/

Good morning everyone!

Congrats on all of the successes... it's a nice to read first thing in the morning.

Today was my 4th weigh in since being back OP and I am down 3 lbs. I haven't had a 3 lb loss in a long time so it is very appreciated. :)

Way to go Sara! :yay:

Mom3LoveBugs
02-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Way to go Sara! :yay:

thank you very much! :hug:

EmilySebetka
02-03-2012, 12:45 PM
:yikes:I just found out that there might be a shooting at my old high school. My sister is still going to school there, so I'm concerned. I just never thought we would have such a threat from gang violence in this small community, however, the gang is actually from Cedar Rapids. I am like, freaked out.

A shooting...at my school!!!:yikes:

nikkib
02-03-2012, 12:52 PM

I do. It seems like I can only sleep for 6 hours now. I do wake up and feel good and do not get as tired during the day but I know I need 7-8 hrs a night or by the weekend I crash. I am the person who likes to go to bed around 9:30 and get up at 5:00 every day even weekends. I feel my whole day is screwed up if I don't. I have been taking melatonin every night with my snack to make sure I am getting my sleep. I think I take 12 mg now but start with 2mg or 3mg and go from there. It has been helping. I fall asleep a LOT faster.

thin4me
02-03-2012, 12:55 PM
:yikes:I just found out that there might be a shooting at my old high school. My sister is still going to school there, so I'm concerned. I just never thought we would have such a threat from gang violence in this small community, however, the gang is actually from Cedar Rapids. I am like, freaked out.

Have you heard from your sister? Hope everyone is ok!

omgzitsmiranda
02-03-2012, 12:58 PM

Oh wow! I would be FREAKINGGGGGGGGG OUT. Hope all is well [as well as it can be with a shooting... :/]

mtnsun4
02-03-2012, 01:08 PM

YIKES! Very scary. I remember the whole Columbine situation here in Colorado and that was traumatic. It is very personal, and scary. Hope things are ok there!

We have a snow day today! First time all year the government offices are closed due to snow here in Colorado. I am happy to be able to be home with my two kids, giving them lots of love. Have my plan for meals and staying OP all day!

Have a great day all!:D

maykatcooper
02-03-2012, 01:35 PM

Praying for your sister and family now!

Ishbel
02-03-2012, 01:42 PM

Scarey! :/ Hope everything is ok!

100poundfreeway
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM

CRAZY!

chshedtchr
02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Hi All,
THis is my first time posting here!! I have been using IP for almost 3 weeks (Monday) Two WI's and I'm down 9 lbs! I was worried at first about this diet because of medical history but so far everything is going fine! I havent seen an increase in energy but I am 56 so I guess I have a good amount for my age ☺! WHen would be a good time to start exercising? I dont really have the enregy for it but I think if I just started small I would keep up with it!

Thanks!

sherylynn
02-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi all,

I've not been on the forum for a while so I may have missed discussion of this. Have you all tried the new potato puree? It is a new, non-restricted item and it is GOOD! I just had some for lunch. You can make it with a small amount of water to make mashed potatoes or a larger amount to make potato soup. I tasted it as mashed potatoes - but then added more water and mashed cauliflower.

Delighted to have new items to try. I'm sure some of you good recipe creators will think of smart things to do with them.

Now if they could only make a corn chip that tasted like tostitos, I would be in heaven. I need something crunchy!
:^:

thin4me
02-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi all,
Now if they could only make a corn chip that tasted like tostitos, I would be in heaven. I need something crunchy!

Have you tried the southwestern curls? They have a bit of a bite and are crunchy - I'm addicted to those as my "snacky" weekend watching movie food, really good in my opinion

stmpspaz
02-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Hello everyone! It's refreshing to get read the forum and get encouragement every day.

I am on week 4 and am doing pretty well. I have had a couple of small slip ups along the way but am still losing. On my scale in the morning I am currently down 9 pounds - on the scale at the clinic in the afternoon - I am down only 6. I am ok with both - I have myself geared up to go for 3 pounds per week. More is fantastic... but I don't want to get discouraged.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Patti

Momto2cs
02-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi All,
THis is my first time posting here!! I have been using IP for almost 3 weeks (Monday) Two WI's and I'm down 9 lbs! I was worried at first about this diet because of medical history but so far everything is going fine! I havent seen an increase in energy but I am 56 so I guess I have a good amount for my age ☺! WHen would be a good time to start exercising? I dont really have the enregy for it but I think if I just started small I would keep up with it!

Thanks!

If you decide to add exercise start out slowly and see how you feel. Research really does show that exercise does not help with weight loss...it makes people hungry! Phase 1 is a tough time to start exercising if you don't do it already.

That said, toning is always good and will be useful when the weight is gone.

If you do exercise intensely than an additional packet will probably be recommended by your coach. See what your clinic thinks. They are there to help you!

kdspirited
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM

Hope all is ok

chshedtchr
02-03-2012, 02:59 PM
If you decide to add exercise start out slowly and see how you feel. Research really does show that exercise does not help with weight loss...it makes people hungry! Phase 1 is a tough time to start exercising if you don't do it already.

That said, toning is always good and will be useful when the weight is gone.

If you do exercise intensely than an additional packet will probably be recommended by your coach. See what your clinic thinks. They are there to help you!

Thanks! I really dont want to start -in the past I've lost weight by diet and exercise but as you can see I am back to needing to lose weight! (Once I stop the exercise!) I want to do this the right way this time! I am not hungry now which is good - I dont want to get hungry if I exercise! Thanks for the info - I love having this support - I've always dieted by myself and quietly! Guess that didnt work !!:dizzy:

Survalia
02-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi All,

Thanks!

From the exercise thread in the stickies:

"Unless you were already very athletic it is suggested to wait to reintroduce exercise.

It is advisable to wait until you are in ketosis and past the adjustment window about 2 or 3 weeks so that your body is more familiar with fueling itself with ketones and limited sugar sources. It will prevent you from :

becoming more fatigued
burning muscle
craving food from carb sources

It is highly adviseable to start slowly. Keep all cardio (walking, running, swimming, zumba, step, kickbox, etc.) in a low heart rate zone. The heart rate zones and their benefits are discussed by Elizabeth in the exercise thread. Ideally, stay between 50 and 75% of max heart rate. Exercise

If you choose yoga or pilates, again, be aware of not over exerting yourself. If you do bikram or other hot yoga make sure you stay well hydrated. Dehydration is a real issue with this program"

And this:

HR

Healthy Heart Zone

* This zone is 50 to 60% of your maximum heart rate. This is an easy and comfortable zone to exercise in.
* You will be able to carry on a full conversation in this zone, although you may be breathing a little heavier than usual.
* Walkers are often in this zone unless they press themselves to walk faster. Fitness walkers may alternate days of walking in this zone with days of exercising in the higher heart rate zones, to give a recovery/easy day.
* Your workout in this zone is less intense and won't give the most cardiorespiratory training benefits. But studies have shown that it works to help decrease body fat, blood pressure and cholesterol.
* In this zone, the body derives it energy by burning 10% carbohydrates, 5% protein and 85% fat.
* Healthy Heart Walking Workout

Fitness Zone

* This zone is from 60 to 70% of your maximum heart rate.
* You will be breathing heavier but will still be able to speak in short sentences.
* You burn more calories per minute than in the healthy heart zone because the exercise is a little more intense - you are going faster and therefore covering more distance. The calories burned depend on the distance you cover and your weight more than any other factors.
* In this zone, your body fuels itself with 85% fat, 5% protein, and 10% carbohydrate.
* You get the same health benefits and fat-burning benefits as the healthy heart zone.
* Fat-Burning Walking Workout

and this:

Many questions anybody has about IP & exercise can be answered by reading Chapter 15 ("Exercise, the Finishing Touch") of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You...

heliosmommy
02-03-2012, 03:56 PM

"Unless you were already very athletic it is suggested to wait to reintroduce exercise.

It is advisable to wait until you are in ketosis...

Thank you so very much for that informative piece on exercise on IP. I've been trying to get a clear answer but just found myself more confused because I just didn't know the correct place to look. (I'm still trying to figure out where to find all the info on this site)

alaskastarr
02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Just got back from my WI and I'm down 2.4 pounds...YAY! :) any loss is a good loss! I was not thrilled with the drive there though because it is almost white out conditions and I didn't realize it until I got out on to the main roads and by then I figured I might as well go. I can't believe that the we are expecting 7-12 more inches of snow. I'm sooo done with winter!

Emily...I hope your sister is alright (and everyone else there) and I'm sorry to hear that there might be an issue over at the local school :( that's always so scary. They have been in my thoughts since you posted.

terrid61
02-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

I've not been on the forum for a while so I may have missed discussion of this. Have you all tried the new potato puree? It is a new, non-restricted item and it is GOOD! I just had some for lunch. You can make it with a small amount of water to make mashed potatoes or a larger amount to make potato soup. I tasted it as mashed potatoes - but then added more water and mashed cauliflower.

Delighted to have new items to try. I'm sure some of you good recipe creators will think of smart things to do with them.

I just called my coach and she said they just got some of the potato puree in and she had just tried them. Said they were good! Will be picking up some on Monday when I WI. Would also be interested in if others have tried and how to enhance them.

New Englander
02-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Just got back from my WI and I'm down 2.4 pounds...YAY! :) any loss is a good loss! I was not thrilled with the drive there though because it is almost white out conditions and I didn't realize it until I got out on to the main roads and by then I figured I might as well go. I can't believe that the we are expecting 7-12 more inches of snow. I'm sooo done with winter!

Emily...I hope your sister is alright (and everyone else there) and I'm sorry to hear that there might be an issue over at the local school :( that's always so scary. They have been in my thoughts since you posted.
Congratulations on your weigh in. Always a great feeling to have a loss! :)

DanafromAustin
02-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi All,

Thanks!

Welcome to the group. I'm just a year younger than you and I didn't start to feel more energetic till I was on the plan about a month. As for exercise I found in terms of cardio that anything other than some light walking stalled my weight loss. I now just do strength training a few times a week and that hasn't effected my weight loss at all.

mtnsun4
02-03-2012, 04:27 PM

It is advisable to wait until you are in ketosis and past the adjustment window about 2 or 3 weeks so that your body is more familiar with fueling itself with ketones and limited sugar sources. It will prevent you from :

becoming more fatigued
burning muscle
craving food from carb sources

It is highly adviseable to start slowly. Keep all cardio (walking, running, swimming, zumba, step, kickbox, etc.) in a low heart rate zone. The heart rate zones and their benefits are discussed by Elizabeth in the exercise thread. Ideally, stay between 50 and 75% of max heart rate. Exercise

If you choose yoga or pilates, again, be aware of not over exerting yourself. If you do bikram or other hot yoga make sure you stay well hydrated. Dehydration is a real issue with this program"

And this:

HR

Healthy Heart Zone

* This zone is 50 to 60% of your maximum heart rate. This is an easy and comfortable zone to exercise in.
* You will be able to carry on a full conversation in this zone, although you may be breathing a little heavier than usual.
* Walkers are often in this zone unless they press themselves to walk faster. Fitness walkers may alternate days of walking in this zone with days of exercising in the higher heart rate zones, to give a recovery/easy day.
* Your workout in this zone is less intense and won't give the most cardiorespiratory training benefits. But studies have shown that it works to help decrease body fat, blood pressure and cholesterol.
* In this zone, the body derives it energy by burning 10% carbohydrates, 5% protein and 85% fat.
* Healthy Heart Walking Workout

Fitness Zone

* This zone is from 60 to 70% of your maximum heart rate.
* You will be breathing heavier but will still be able to speak in short sentences.
* You burn more calories per minute than in the healthy heart zone because the exercise is a little more intense - you are going faster and therefore covering more distance. The calories burned depend on the distance you cover and your weight more than any other factors.
* In this zone, your body fuels itself with 85% fat, 5% protein, and 10% carbohydrate.
* You get the same health benefits and fat-burning benefits as the healthy heart zone.
* Fat-Burning Walking Workout

and this:

Many questions anybody has about IP & exercise can be answered by reading Chapter 15 ("Exercise, the Finishing Touch") of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You...

Thanks for the info! Very useful!

sherylynn
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Have you tried the southwestern curls? They have a bit of a bite and are crunchy - I'm addicted to those as my "snacky" weekend watching movie food, really good in my opinion

They are good, I agree. But I have real chips and salsa in my head and have to just get over it!!!

Shem7412
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM
They are good, I agree. But I have real chips and salsa in my head and have to just get over it!!!

Completely Understand!!
My biggest thing I miss right now about my old unrestricted eatting isnt sugary or desert type foods.. its Tortilla Chips!
LOL I love Mexican food and have made my IP omlete packets into scrambled eggs with just a small amount of low sugar salsa added (coach said was ok since I dont eat tomatoes often) it kind of curbs the hunger for mexican food a little.. LOL

When I start to crave all the things I "can't" have I just remember all the awesome foods I can have and try and find some new receipe to try!
Between the chocolate lava brownies (Chocolate drink mix), Kelp chips, flat bread crackers (plain crepe), Waffles (lemon pudding), pancakes (ceral)..just to name a few and all non-restrictive I feel like I am never really lacking variety. Also love the Big Mac salad have it a few times a week ...hmmm I think it might be lunch time! :D

2Poles1Girl
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM
WI day and I'm down 8.4, WOOT! BUT, my last WI was a month ago and I had a vacation/on purpose cheating in that time where I gained. Anyway, it's good to be down and close to my next mini goal. THAT said, I'm going on another mini-vacation next week and DO plan cheating again for a couple meals (Oregon Coast seafood, yum). Yes, two months in a row of cheats, but my perspective is that it's not the end of my world. I've been OP in every other sense and get back OP when I return, so...it is what it is and I'm still moving forward toward a healthy lifestyle.

chshedtchr
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Welcome to the group. I'm just a year younger than you and I didn't start to feel more energetic till I was on the plan about a month. As for exercise I found in terms of cardio that anything other than some light walking stalled my weight loss. I now just do strength training a few times a week and that hasn't effected my weight loss at all.

Thanks for this information! I guess I will just have to wait to exercise (oh darn!!!:D) Actually I feel quite good on this plan but some days I am just exhausted! - Could be the job though!

Thanks also for the information on the exercise! I am learning so much - and here I thought I knew it all already. Thanks for the support!!

massconfusion84
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
weigh in #4 was today...down 3.5 lbs and 1 inch lost in my waste! I get different food every week for variety. This week I got the BBQ ridges the herbs and cheese omelete and the cappuccino drink mix! I cant wait to get into the 140s I havnt seen those #s in years!

Shem7412
02-03-2012, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=Shem7412;4202230!
Between the chocolate lava brownies (Chocolate drink mix), Kelp chips, flat bread crackers (plain crepe), Waffles (lemon pudding), pancakes (ceral)..just to name a few and all non-restrictive[/QUOTE]

OOPS! I included the plain crepe in there.. and that is restrictive! But still Yummy crackers :)

sherylynn
02-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Completely Understand!!
My biggest thing I miss right now about my old unrestricted eatting isnt sugary or desert type foods.. its Tortilla Chips!
LOL I love Mexican food and have made my IP omlete packets into scrambled eggs with just a small amount of low sugar salsa added (coach said was ok since I dont eat tomatoes often) it kind of curbs the hunger for mexican food a little.. LOL

When I start to crave all the things I "can't" have I just remember all the awesome foods I can have and try and find some new receipe to try!
Between the chocolate lava brownies (Chocolate drink mix), Kelp chips, flat bread crackers (plain crepe), Waffles (lemon pudding), pancakes (ceral)..just to name a few and all non-restrictive I feel like I am never really lacking variety. Also love the Big Mac salad have it a few times a week ...hmmm I think it might be lunch time! :D

I agree Shem - good things to remember - like I have chocolate almost everyday (shake, pudding, bar). I do try lots of different things - and that does add a variety to our life. If I just drank a shake and ate a bar everyday, I would be go nuts. But then again I like to be cook and there are some especially creative people on these boards who have come up with great recipes.

What has been fun is all the new vegetables I've tried. I've always liked vegetables and have always had a green veggie with dinner, or if not green, a low carb/non-starchy choice. But now I've discovered turnips, rutabagas, celeriac, and all the different greens. I now really love kale, swiss chard, collard greens, and mustard greens. In fact, one dinner, I had to stop myself from eating too much kale - it was that good!

Have you noticed how sweet some veggies can taste? Who would have thought?

purple sky
02-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone. I hope everyone is doing okay.

I thought some of you might appreciate this. It's from Dr. Tran Tien's web site. He's the creator of the Ideal Protein diet and is really cool.

It's about the types of comments we have all probably heard from choosing this diet.

Enjoy.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article143

massconfusion84
02-03-2012, 07:37 PM
“Go ahead and have some. For once you won’t be getting fatter.” If you have a diet slip-up, you won’t gain weight, but weight loss will effectively be stopped for two to three days. It’s up to you to.-Dr Tran

Love that!!

Marcella
02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Hello everyone, I'm so excited tonight and am feeling great and full of energy. Congratulations to everyone here, everyone is doing sooooo amazing. I just came back from my workout and my 4th WI, I lost more than I thought and this is since changing to the Proti products. This week I lost 3.5 lbs. and another 7". Total to date I've lost in one month (tomorrow) 14 lbs and 34.5"!!!! My body has a tendency to always lose inches quicker than pounds. I'm very happy to also say that in this one month I have NOT put anything in my mouth that was not allowed on this program. I have NEVER been this honest on a diet in my life. LOL I want to thank you all for just being here on this site because you all truly help me more than I can ever explain. God Bless you all. xxxooo

ShanCo
02-03-2012, 08:39 PM
OK, so the WF ketchup really sucks as ketchup...but it is delicious as cocktail sauce! Just had big shrimp and asparagus dipped in it...yum yum! :)

Thurge
02-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Tonight, I expirimented with the Ideal Crepe packet and made.... 2 small tortillas! I made chicken fajita and ate it with my crepe Tortillas. It was so good...

gs463
02-03-2012, 09:14 PM

The southwestern curls are one of my favorites too. I eat them a couple times a week.

gs463
02-03-2012, 09:18 PM
OK, so the WF ketchup really sucks as ketchup...but it is delicious as cocktail sauce! Just had big shrimp and asparagus dipped in it...yum yum! :)

I agree! If you want ketchup try the Heinze 1 carb ketchup. It is just like regular. I cant tell the difference.

WingnutandMe
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Been on the program 18 days and at my WI I'd lost a total of 13 lbs. I feel it in my jeans and that's wonderful. Trying the recipes here has really helped. I want to see numbers on the scale I haven't seen for years. Wish all the same luck.

omgzitsmiranda
02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I agree! If you want ketchup try the Heinze 1 carb ketchup. It is just like regular. I cant tell the difference.

This is what I use too! Delicious!

purple sky
02-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Tonight, I expirimented with the Ideal Crepe packet and made.... 2 small tortillas! I made chicken fajita and ate it with my crepe Tortillas. It was so good...

Hmmm...now, you've got me thinking. I think I can make that for my DH.

Renewing Myself
02-03-2012, 10:33 PM

That is a good idea! Next week I will have to get the Crepe package, I love chicken fajitas.

mtnsun4
02-03-2012, 11:00 PM

That sounds really good! I need to try that.

Thurge
02-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Ok crepe --> tortilla. Freeze some olive oil and let it soften a little in the fridge. Dump the contents of the Crepe mix into a bowl add 1/4 tsp of baking powder then mix in a little more than half a tablespoon of the solid olive oil. It'll get lumpy then slowly add about 1 ounce of skim milk (take it from your 2 ounces in the am) until it makes a firm dough. Then spray a surface with a little cooking spray and spreadhalf off the dough out with your fingers. It can be sticky but you can then slide it off of the surface and into a dry non-stick pan. Let it get stiff and that specked brown color then flip it. Repeat with the remainder of your dough.

Tammywhiz
02-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Yaaaayyyyy...got my ticker. Anxious to see that little devil head down the road !!!

mlseward
02-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has been thown out of ketosis using any drink sweeteners like mio, sugar free coffee flavors or crystal light? How much sugar does it take to throw you out?

MaMaZu
02-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Just got home after being away for 2 weeks and 2 weigh-ins. While away my daughters scale showed a 3.3 gain. Several of you told me to relax and wait to weigh myself when I got home. Very happy with a 4 pound loss in 2 weeks, for 19.2 total in 4 weeks!

salmongirl
02-04-2012, 02:15 AM
Yaaaayyyyy...got my ticker. Anxious to see that little devil head down the road !!!

I just got mine too. Congrats!

shelly ann
02-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Ok crepe --> tortilla. Freeze some olive oil and let it soften a little in the fridge. Dump the contents of the Crepe mix into a bowl add 1/4 tsp of baking powder then mix in a little more than half a tablespoon of the solid olive oil. It'll get lumpy then slowly add about 1 ounce of skim milk (take it from your 2 ounces in the am) until it makes a firm dough. Then spray a surface with a little cooking spray and spreadhalf off the dough out with your fingers. It can be sticky but you can then slide it off of the surface and into a dry non-stick pan. Let it get stiff and that specked brown color then flip it. Repeat with the remainder of your dough.

Thanks - Love tortillas. Can't wait to try these.

Thurge
02-04-2012, 03:37 AM
Thanks - Love tortillas. Can't wait to try these.

Let me know how it works out.

mtnsun4
02-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Just got home after being away for 2 weeks and 2 weigh-ins. While away my daughters scale showed a 3.3 gain. Several of you told me to relax and wait to weigh myself when I got home. Very happy with a 4 pound loss in 2 weeks, for 19.2 total in 4 weeks!

I was hoping that was the case! Great job on the loss! ;)