Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/2/2012

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/2/2012

NavyMommy
02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

NavyMommy
02-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Happy Groundhog day!!

I didn't see where Wuv started the chat so I got one started for us. Wuv, I hope you don't mind!

I was looking forward to having a quiet day around the house with my kiddos, but lo and behold we're off to the doctors for ear infections :( Poor babies! The one thing I learned the first time I was on IP (and I haven't seen it posted recently, so it's a good reminder) is ALWAYS keep an 'emergency kit' with you. Meaning an extra packet (I do a bar so I don't have to fix anything) a little bit of oil, salt, and your bottle of water. The first time I did IP I wound up unexpectedly stuck at the hospital about 6 hours when my son had pneumonia with nothing to eat. It was not fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

MustangMolly
02-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Happy Groundhog day!!

I didn't see where Wuv started the chat so I got one started for us. Wuv, I hope you don't mind!

I was looking forward to having a quiet day around the house with my kiddos, but lo and behold we're off to the doctors for ear infections :( Poor babies! The one thing I learned the first time I was on IP (and I haven't seen it posted recently, so it's a good reminder) is ALWAYS keep an 'emergency kit' with you. Meaning an extra packet (I do a bar so I don't have to fix anything) a little bit of oil, salt, and your bottle of water. The first time I did IP I wound up unexpectedly stuck at the hospital about 6 hours when my son had pneumonia with nothing to eat. It was not fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

That is a great idea, I hadn't read that before.

wuv2bloved
02-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Good morning, Nope, never mind at all. The site was down for me last night and I wasn't able to start it, thanks for starting it :)

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Good morning everyone :)

NavyMommy
02-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Good morning, Nope, never mind at all. The site was down for me last night and I wasn't able to start it, thanks for starting it :)

Wow early bird this morning!! Good morning!! The site has been giving me fits too, I'm assuming it's because of added traffic the first of the month (I'll start my diet..............tomorrow). Hope you have a good morning!

Jag23
02-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Good morning..........I am off to a Happy day. I have seen the 159 mark that was a set "little goal" for me.......Wow,I am so happy to see it. Love this programn and finally to have something that really works. Now to find a uniform that will stay up! Have a great OP day everyone

NavyMommy
02-02-2012, 09:46 AM
That is a great idea, I hadn't read that before.

Yeah, there have been several times I thought I would be home in time to eat and haven't been, or we've had a last minute change in plans and have to eat out somewhere. It's always good to have the olive oil and salt with you because I always use my own at restaurants. People that use WF products often keep a serving packet of that with them, I forgot to mention that too.

Ishbel
02-02-2012, 09:50 AM
SO! Yesterday I met a minigoal...I'm no longer considered OBESE! WOOT WOOT...I'm only overweight now.

It makes me laugh to cheer for being overweight. I've never put much stock into the BMI's, I don't follow them. I made a realistic goal for my body type and weight that had nothing to do with the BMI's and my Doctor is very happy with my goal.

I still think it's funny that I can say "WOOHOO I'm only overweight now!"

I'm off to buy swimming suits for Mexico this weekend...kinda intimidating...but will be interesting anyway! :) Might have to buy a little snug to make up for the rest of the 19 lbs I'm going to lose.

sandralosingweight
02-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Quick good morning everyone,

Back at work and it is going to be a super duper busy day I think.

First week weigh-in: Minus 6 pounds :)

Hope everyone is doing well.

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 09:52 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqg52oOIdr1qzk1g7o1_500.png

I thought some of you may like this, I know I did :)

thin4me
02-02-2012, 09:55 AM
What the heck???

Just had my weigh in last night and I gained! not point something but 3.6lbs!! Had my TOM last week so that shouldn't be related and have been 100% OP.

The only things I can think of are 3 days were I replaced my IP breakfast (wildberry yogurt) with the Premier Protein Drink from Costco, drink has 30grams of protein and 1 g of sugar and people on alternatives use this. Also I had 1 carbonated drinck called ICE made by rain 0/0/0 which I had read was ok to have.

I have had breakfast pork sausages and menonite sausage but don't believe they contained sugar, not sure if the salt would cause me to gain water weight, and if so would it be that many pounds??

I feel like I've been bouncing back and forth and yet remained OP as far as I could tell - totally dissapointed and not sure what to do this week especially since I'm waiting for my package of alternatives to arrive :(

Erinv
02-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Good morning everyone!! Would anyone happen to know the big mac in a bowl recipe right off the top of their head. I have searched through some of the recipe archives and didn't see it, but there are just so many. I would really appreciate it. I am in the mood for something different for dinner tonight. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 09:58 AM
What the heck???

Just had my weigh in last night and I gained! not point something but 3.6lbs!! Had my TOM last week so that shouldn't be related and have been 100% OP.

The only things I can think of are 3 days were I replaced my IP breakfast (wildberry yogurt) with the Premier Protein Drink from Costco, drink has 30grams of protein and 1 g of sugar and people on alternatives use this. Also I had 1 carbonated drinck called ICE made by rain 0/0/0 which I had read was ok to have.

I have had breakfast pork sausages and menonite sausage but don't believe they contained sugar, not sure if the salt would cause me to gain water weight, and if so would it be that many pounds??

I feel like I've been bouncing back and forth and yet remained OP as far as I could tell - totally dissapointed and not sure what to do this week especially since I'm waiting for my package of alternatives to arrive :(

I didn't know we could have sausage? It may just be a combination of a lot of things this week. Did you weigh first thing in the morning before you ate or anything? Did you get a LOT of sodium?

ATeam
02-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Official WI:3 total lost 20.8 pounds, my wife 14.0 Total 34.8 pounds :dizzy:

Question: Olives, all my coach said is that I can have a few included in my two cups, anyone else having olives or avoiding them ?

Breakfast: Chocolate drink mixed in with 1 tbls spoon of instant coffee :smug:

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 09:59 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyp2q4l0qF1qke924o1_500.png

Last photo I swear, just really relevant.

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone!! Would anyone happen to know the big mac in a bowl recipe right off the top of their head. I have searched through some of the recipe archives and didn't see it, but there are just so many. I would really appreciate it. I am in the mood for something different for dinner tonight. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

(From FinnSteve's recipe thread)

Ingredients:
5 oz Extra Lean Ground Beef
1/4 c finely chopped red onion
3/4 c finely shredded iceberg lettuce
1 - 2 tbsp low carb/no carb Thousand Island Dressing
(OPTIONAL - 1 oz Low Fat Cheddar. Note, cheese is not on approved Ideal protein foods. Also tastes good without it.)

Directions:
Cook up extra lean ground beef and hamburger patties, adding seasonings of choice (Try garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash, salt &
pepper). If using the cheese, melt cheese on top of patties and take off heat.
Spread lettuce on plate.
Sprinkle in chopped onions (and dill pickles if using)
Drizzle on Thousand Island dressing (1-2 Tablespoons max... if you are careful, you can use even less and still get the flavor throughout the
whole plate.)
Cut hamburger patties into bit sized pieces and drop onto plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (toasted)

If you cannot find low carb Thousand Island dressing, you can use American Mustard instead. It won't taste like a Big Mac, but its really
good. Here is a low carb Thousand Island Recipe that is NOT on-program (mayo), but this is such a treat, I wouldn't mind taking the risk
once a month. :-)
2 TB mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sugar-free ketchup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 teaspoons Splenda
2 teaspoons sugar-free sweet pickle relish
1/8 teaspoon salt
dash pepper

**mix all ingredients in a bowl & refrigerate for an hour

NavyMommy
02-02-2012, 10:10 AM
SO! Yesterday I met a minigoal...I'm no longer considered OBESE! WOOT WOOT...I'm only overweight now.

It makes me laugh to cheer for being overweight. I've never put much stock into the BMI's, I don't follow them. I made a realistic goal for my body type and weight that had nothing to do with the BMI's and my Doctor is very happy with my goal.

I'm off to buy swimming suits for Mexico this weekend...kinda intimidating...but will be interesting anyway! :) Might have to buy a little snug to make up for the rest of the 19 lbs I'm going to lose.

Isn't it funny, that's my next mini goal :) When I reach that one I'm allowing myself to use a facial / massage gift certificate that I got for my birthday / Christmas this year. I can't remember the last time I was "not obese" so this is going to be an exciting one. I need to talk to my doctor next time I go in about my goal weight. I just picked a number out of the air honestly.

What the heck???

First, breathe. I am sure that you did not gain 3.6 lbs of fat. That would equate to 12600 extra calories which would be 1800 calories a day, on this diet there is no way you would get that.

What did your coach say? Did you keep a food journal to show them, and did they make any comments?

I would probably lay off the sausage for a while. 1, the salt could for sure cause water retention and 2, it's probably much fattier than the meat recommended on this diet, and if there are no ingredient lists it's very possible there is hidden sugar in it (especially the breakfast sausage).

Also, I don't know if this helps you, but it's helped me when I'm not losing at all. A pound of water is only 16 ounces. That's like nothing, every bottle of water I drink is 1.5 lbs, so retaining even a little bit of that is going to add up quickly. Just stay OP and next week will be better. :hug:

mtnsun4
02-02-2012, 10:10 AM

WOO HOO! Congrats to you! I am looking forward to that goal myself! Great job reaching it!:carrot:

mtnsun4
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Official WI:3 total lost 20.8 pounds, my wife 14.0 Total 34.8 pounds :dizzy:

Question: Olives, all my coach said is that I can have a few included in my two cups, anyone else having olives or avoiding them ?

Breakfast: Chocolate drink mixed in with 1 tbls spoon of instant coffee :smug:

Great job on the losses for you and your wife!! :carrot: I was told to stay away from olives from my coach. Not sure what others might say.....

wyo1963
02-02-2012, 10:22 AM
good morning everyone!! Time to rise and shine! On the eliptical for 30. College homework for me this am. Hope you all have a great day, be a LOOSER! lol

frazzledmom04
02-02-2012, 10:29 AM

Yay For Overweight!!!!:carrot: lol. I'm looking forward to saying that too. How did you come up with your goal weight? I just picked a round number but I've been noticing that alot of people my height have a goal weight around 15lbs less then mine so it's got me thinking mine's too low.
Have fun shopping. You deserve it!

thin4me
02-02-2012, 10:29 AM

Wow - fantastic job!!!

Endless Dieter
02-02-2012, 10:31 AM
WI# 16 -3 lbs Total 67lbs I am three pounds from goal :carrot:This was an amazing journey. Going to phrase two today for a week then coach said to go to phrase three following two weeks. I am going on vacation in three weeks so he wants me in maintance then. Hope everyone has great WI's this week.. Also I believe that this board has made the journey so much easier with all the information, encouragement and words of wisdom from all the experienced IPer's...

thin4me
02-02-2012, 10:33 AM
I didn't know we could have sausage? It may just be a combination of a lot of things this week. Did you weigh first thing in the morning before you ate or anything? Did you get a LOT of sodium?

I always weigh in after work so the timing has been consistant. I "thought" we could have sausage.... but perhaps I'm wrong?? I did check for sugar and it wasn't listed. I'm always generous with the salt as I measured out the tsp and it takes a lot of shaking to ensure we get our requirment.

thin4me
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM
the salt could for sure cause water retention and 2, it's probably much fattier than the meat recommended on this diet, and if there are no ingredient lists it's very possible there is hidden sugar in it (especially the breakfast sausage).

Also, I don't know if this helps you, but it's helped me when I'm not losing at all. A pound of water is only 16 ounces. That's like nothing, every bottle of water I drink is 1.5 lbs, so retaining even a little bit of that is going to add up quickly. Just stay OP and next week will be better. :hug:

I hope you are right as I was so happy I was under 150lbs and now I'm higher again! I'll stay away from the sausages - I was just getting tired of chicken. I drink a heck of a lot of water and perhaps I was retaining more than usual. My coach isn't very knowledgeable and when I told her I had sausages didn't question it....
I was thinking it had to do with the Protein drink which worries me as I'm hoping to switch over to alternatives, it'll be a very looooong week to see how things change.

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I always weigh in after work so the timing has been consistant. I "thought" we could have sausage.... but perhaps I'm wrong?? I did check for sugar and it wasn't listed. I'm always generous with the salt as I measured out the tsp and it takes a lot of shaking to ensure we get our requirment.

I could be wrong about the sausage, I just assumed because I didn't remember seeing it on the paper and I would be concerned about the fat content. But that's just me. :P

Better wait for someone more experienced before you take what I say LOL.

desperatetolosegirl
02-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on how much to lose more. Here is my story...

-I have lost a total of 14 lbs so far in 4 weeks!
-Started IP at 159 lbs and now I am at 145 lb. My height is 5'5'.
-My coach and I initially set a goal of 130 lbs.

Now I am afraid that may be too low for me. I am at 27.8% body fat and measurements chest-waist-hips 36-28.5-37 inches. Please advice.

Thanks

Momto2cs
02-02-2012, 10:58 AM
What the heck???

I hear ya. I am glad I weighed in yesterday because today I am up 2 pounds! Also 100% op. I had turnip fries again. Maybe they do cause water retention...

I know it must be temporary...

thin4me
02-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I hear ya. I am glad I weighed in yesterday because today I am up 2 pounds! Also 100% op. I had turnip fries again. Maybe they do cause water retention...

I sure hope so! I've also been having a hard boiled egg at lunch and reducing my meat (protein) to approx 6oz at night otherwise I find it too hard to eat that much in the evening..... too many eggs???

mompattie
02-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Ishbel - WHOO HOO!!!! I'm so happy for you and you certainly inspire me to keep trucking!!!!! I can't wait until I'm where you are!!! Way to go!!!

ATeam
02-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Ingredients:
5 oz Extra Lean Ground Beef
1/4 c finely chopped red onion
3/4 c finely shredded iceberg lettuce
1 - 2 tbsp low carb/no carb Thousand Island Dressing

I did the same but with half a head of "unlimited" lettuce :)

salmongirl
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Good Morning everyone! Happy Thursday! I am pretty sure sausage is not on the list. I just checked my packet and it wasn't listed on mine. Remember though, stay OP and it will eventually payoff.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/slide-bike/lb/258/140/242/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

kelly1962
02-02-2012, 11:17 AM
NSV last night - I actually walked into a Tommy Hilfiger store, tried on a top(XL) and it FIT!!! And it isnt tight at all!!! OMG, say goodbye to big girl stores baby.....!! YAHOOOOOOOO..I also bought a size 14 pair of jeans at Old Navy and they fit as well......

Also, i only have to lose 6 more lbs and my bmi will be classified in the overweight category not the "moderately obese" god, i hate the word obese!!!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 11:34 AM
NSV last night - I actually walked into a Tommy Hilfiger store, tried on a top(XL) and it FIT!!! And it isnt tight at all!!! OMG, say goodbye to big girl stores baby.....!! YAHOOOOOOOO..I also bought a size 14 pair of jeans at Old Navy and they fit as well......

Also, i only have to lose 6 more lbs and my bmi will be classified in the overweight category not the "moderately obese" god, i hate the word obese!!!!

Way to go! I can't wait to go to Old Navy--I love their "sweetheart" jeans. However, I have a bunch of new ones that I have had in my closet for a few years and I am fitting into them now. When I go down another size, I will need some :) Isn't it great to fit into a normal sized shirt? I have a really full chest, but I am finally into a L and I am sooooooo happy!

Chuckles1330
02-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Unofficial WI today, since I had a Dr's appt. for routine bloodwork - by that scale I'm down 4.5lbs since my WI Sat, but I won't be putting it "on the books" until my official WI on Sat morning. Nice to have that little encouragement boost though. Dr. didn't really comment on the weight loss since I last saw him, but I've been a patient for 20 years and he has seen it go up and down before. His assistant was VERY interested in what I was doing.
Minor NSV this morning while getting dressed - pair of trousers I've avoided for being a bit snug went right on and look neat!
Happy Thursday everyone!

kelly1962
02-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Me too, with the full chest, that is why i bought the XL because tops are usually tight in that area!!! Feels good eh?

Pamelama
02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Good Morning! Well, I've been chugging along with an average of 3+ pounds off a week, and now I think I'll screech to a crawl or stop for the next 10 days. :(

I suffer from chronic sinusitis infections partly due to inflammation and polyps in my sinus cavity over my eyes. I start to lose my sense of smell when it gets inflamed/irritated. Doctors are trying to figure out why. It's really frustrating. I've had 2 sinus surgeries in the past few years, they helped for a bit, but not long term.

Last week I knew it was starting again. I've had NO sense of smell for a month and my taste was starting to deaden. I was trying to put off another round of meds homeopathically, which I think helped for a while, but the sinus infection returned, BAD! As of yesterday, I'm on 40 mg of Prednisone for 10 DAYS to help reduce swelling. If you don't know, Prednisone is a cursed blessing. Works great, horrible side effects. Increases hunger, water retention, stomach irritation... I started Tuesday, had my WI on Wednesday, I was OP110% and lost 1.4 lbs. My coach/doctor, who coincidentally just finished a 5 day round of prednisone, gained 5 lbs!! Hes confident it was all water, but you feel so bloated. He was understanding, and just said expect weight loss to slow down the next ten days.

I know it's temporary, but it's going to be tough. For the first time in weeks, I was really hungry. Going to have to really be stringent the next 8days and not have any positive result on the scale! :(. Hopefully I'll be smelling soon!

Thanks for letting me express myself! You guys are the best group!

Pam:)

beckyjo
02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi all,

Now I am afraid that may be too low for me. I am at 27.8% body fat and measurements chest-waist-hips 36-28.5-37 inches. Please advice.

Thanks

when I spoke to my coach she asked me what I wanted to weigh she did not tell me where I should be. I told her what I thought I wanted to weigh then I said lets wait and see how the diet works I may want to weigh more or less. For me it is not about what the scale says it is what I see in the mirror. If you like what you see then I personally think that is what you should weigh.

licaba
02-02-2012, 12:08 PM
WI #4 -4.2!!!!! Woo hoo! I am so happy. Still have those bac days where i doubt myself and the plan but it fortunately the good days way outnumber the bad days. 100% OP since day 1. The cost is affecting me a little but with these results I have to keep going!

Ducksmy
02-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Good Morning,
This am on my scales I have broken the 200 mark!!! I actually have on a Large sweater today instead of Xl or XXL. so excited for Saturday and my offical weigh in.
I am so happy for all of your losses! Keep up the GREAT work!

MustangMolly
02-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Way to go Ishbel. I know there are alot of us here that are looking forward to being overweight instead of obese. Have a great time in Mexico!

I have broken down and bought my first new item due to weight loss. I have been enjoying fitting back into clothes that I have been hanging on to in hopes of wearing again but I actually had to buy new shoes! Of all things, my favorite "go to" shoes have just become way too sloppy. I went from an 8 wide to a 7 1/2 wide, I'm thinking by the time this is all said and done I won't have to buy wide width shoes any more.

Lilmink
02-02-2012, 12:23 PM
What the heck???

If you are craving sausage flavor but want to keep it OP, one thing you might try is making your own "sausage". Here's a recipe.

1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2/3 teaspoon garlic granules or garlic powder
1/3 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, for spicy (optional)
1lb ground meat (I use ground chicken breast)

Blend all ingredients together in a spice grinder or mini-food processor (or you may also just stir together if you like some chunkier bits of fennel in your sausage).
Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To use, mix with 1 pound ground meat.
Chill seasoned meat 3 hours before using.

Here's a list of lots of seasoning blends that keep the flavor big, but you know what's in them so you can stay OP:
http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seasoning-mix-recipes-198/

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
If you are craving sausage flavor but want to keep it OP, one thing you might try is making your own "sausage". Here's a recipe.

1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 teaspoons paprika

Blend all ingredients together in a spice grinder or mini-food processor (or you may also just stir together if you like some chunkier bits of fennel in your sausage).

Here's a list of lots of seasoning blends that keep the flavor big, but you know what's in them so you can stay OP:

WOW! I need to try this!! THANK YOU!

Crabby Chick
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I haven't posted before but have gotten great ideas from this forum already. Doing pretty well on the IP- not usually hungry... hubby is doing it with me which is good and bad ( since he loses faster than me!).... getting into the groove..... Feeling better this week since adding the CALM to my morning routine.....

I've been looking for individual packets of cider vinegar which I find hard to find at restaurants and want to carry in my purse.... anyone know of a link where I can find it to order?
Weigh in tomorrow, wish me luck!

Survalia
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Well, I feel better now that I know I am not alone today. I woke up to a 1.2 lb gain. No reason that I can think of -- did nothing different from usual, except dinner last night was stuffed peppers with canned tomatos (first time in ages I have eaten tomatos) and I got a massage yesterday. It is the first time I have had a gain for no reason, and it is not fun. I know, I know, hang in there, it will happen, big woosh next week maybe, etc. But still it is a disappoiment. I have a sneaky suspicion that the last 15 are not going to be as easy. I am going to wait til tomorrow to post on the challenge, just in case.

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Glad to see all the awesome weigh-ins going on :)

Battling some kind of cold, sore throat, head throbbing kind of thing the last few days. I feel weak as crap & my throat feels like it's on fire. I've hardly been able to eat dinner let alone restricted, so I just upped my shake instead & just tried to down dinner as easy as possible. Throat is even worse today, hoping it will be better tomorrow!

Hoping for a good weigh-in but I've been lacking in getting in everything a little by being sick. -fingers crossed- still on plan, just kind of lacking this week unlike the others. <3

Happy Thursday!

100poundfreeway
02-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Good JOB!! You are a great inspiration! Congraulations!

New Englander
02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Down 2.2 this week!!! Woo hoo!!! The light at the end of the tunnel IS getting brighter!!!

New Englander
02-02-2012, 12:51 PM

That's great! I was so happy when I made the transition from obese to overweight!!! WOO HOO!!! Have fun in Mexico!!! Enjoy the sun and fun!!! :)

TBird
02-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I had my 9th WI today, I am down 2.2 lbs and 4 inches. Getting excited, so close to my goal! I have a family baby shower to attend next weekend, so hopefully I lose another 3 pounds(to get to the 25 pound loss). I haven't seen any of them since November!

100poundfreeway
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM

Thank you I needed this today!!

ATeam
02-02-2012, 01:27 PM
I haven't posted before but have gotten great ideas from this forum already. Doing pretty well on the IP- not usually hungry... hubby is doing it with me which is good and bad ( since he loses faster than me!)

Yay another couple :)

:cofdate:

BTW if you look at the percentage of weight lost you'll probably see that it's relatively close.

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Thank you I needed this today!!

Glad it could help you :)

Chuckles1330
02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
From Thurge in ATL on yesterday's thread:
So check this out. Yesterday I'm in the local Kroger supermarket looking for some Walden Foods salad dressing when I stumble upon a product of theirs that I hadn't heard of. Tomato Basil pasta sauce... I look at the bottle and it says the typical 0/0/0 on it. I snag a bottle and take it home. Now my coach allows me to have shiratake noodles so I picked up a bag of the ones that have soy added for texture. I find regular shiratake noodles to be too rubbery for my taste. So I made pasta with extra lean meatballs and WF pasta sauce. When I opened the sauce it had a smell very similar to the WF ketchup. I took some effort but with seasoning and doctoring up (Crushed red peppers, fresh basil and more) I got it to taste like honest to goodness pasta. If I ever get time I'll write up the recipe but if you know how to make pasta it's not rocket science. I'd say it's very good if you season it up right. Just wanted to share...

Thurge -
Which Kroger is "local" to you? I've not found this item yet, and would LOVE to find it. My Publix has some of the dressings, and so does my Kroger, but I haven't found the pasta sauce. Also, was it shelved or in the refridgerated section? Thanks so much!

Mom3LoveBugs
02-02-2012, 01:37 PM

awesome job!! :carrot:

I am only a few BMI points away from moving into the NORMAL range... I have never been here in my whole life so it is both thrilling and terrifying all at the same time!

ShellyT
02-02-2012, 01:40 PM

Love this! Need to post on the refrigerator.

MaMaZu
02-02-2012, 01:41 PM
What the heck???

Here's a link to our favorite Breakfast Sausage Recipe, been using it for years, it uses ground turkey.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/turkeyrecipes/r/blpoul27.htm?p=1

ShellyT
02-02-2012, 01:45 PM

We all need a visual reminder sometimes. Lol, I don't mind pics. 😊

Ducksmy
02-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know about cauliflower bread?

100poundfreeway
02-02-2012, 01:49 PM

So COOL! I can't wait to be out of big gril stores! WAY to go! I have a clost full of clothes and I have some 14's that I have not seen in YEARS! Can't wait to see if I can get in them in 6 months!! (do I hear a mini goal!)

Ishbel
02-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Ok, to clarify - swimming suits are being bought this weekend...Mexico is in March :D

So, thanks for all the support everyone!!! :hug:

About my goal....really my mom and I are the same body type (she's my mom after all!). Years ago, she once got down to 160 lbs and her body just didn't want to stay there...I begged and begged her to go to 165 and just let her body be where it wanted to be. I got the look of death when I suggested it. Well, needless to say she gave up the struggle and gained a lot back (not all of it)...so I picked 165. I'll probably go down to 160 so I can have the cushion of 165. So if I spend the rest of my life between 160 and 170 I will be ok with my weight. One day maybe I'll go lower through exercise (I used to cross country ski A LOT - like A LOT (I was an alternate for the provincial team for the Jeux Canada Games once) so I'm looking forward to doing that much more...in fact I have future plans of doing the provinical racing circut again like I did as a teenager)...but really I think I'm honestly ok with 165.

I want to be comfortable in my life...and my doctor even said "don't worry about the BMI, be where you can be comfortable and manage"...I just don't see me at 150 (which is normal for my height).

I was 162 in Grade 7 - the health class teacher put us in pairs and I ended up with two skinny mini's and I was mortified by being 162 (at 5'4") in front of these girls...would be kinda cool to see 162...:)

slp
02-02-2012, 01:53 PM
-Navy Mommy- Thanks for the reply about ITG on yesterday's thread. For some reason I could not get on the site last night. You are right about the one on one help & accountability of going to a coach. I found another clinic nearby that has more hours available for weekly meetings/weigh ins. They even have 2 days a week with early evening hours. So now I won't have an issue if I can't get there during daytime hours once construction starts. Thanks for your help. I hope your kiddies are feeling better. Earaches are the worst.

ShellyT
02-02-2012, 01:59 PM

1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 teaspoons paprika

Going to try this one, thank you!

100poundfreeway
02-02-2012, 01:59 PM
My first official WI today!!!! down 6.5 pounds! Woo Hoo!!!

My energy is low today but reading all the great posts so far today I feel I'm coming around!

ShellyT
02-02-2012, 02:08 PM
So COOL! I can't wait to be out of big gril stores! WAY to go! I have a clost full of clothes and I have some 14's that I have not seen in YEARS! Can't wait to see if I can get in them in 6 months!! (do I hear a mini goal!)
It's funny, I used to love lane bryantncausemi could say I am a small ....now imjustnwantnto be a large in normal stores. Awesome job on the nsv!

kdspirited
02-02-2012, 02:13 PM
The scale is finally moving again just in time for TOM. I am still above where I needed to be by now. But pushing along slowly. I have increased water and now working on getting through the unrestricted week this week. Its so hard. All I want to do is have a glass of wine.

NavyMommy
02-02-2012, 02:15 PM
I've decided that "On the truck for delivery" is the MOST infuriating message there is in the UPS updates. Lol, my ITG stuff is supposed to come today and UPS used to hit our house about 10am (of course when I wasn't waiting for anything), but today it's not here yet. I really wanted to try the Apple Cinnamon Puffs for lunch today, but if it's not here by 1 I'll break down and have an alternative :(

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 02:17 PM
I've decided that "On the truck for delivery" is the MOST infuriating message there is in the UPS updates. Lol, my ITG stuff is supposed to come today and UPS used to hit our house about 10am (of course when I wasn't waiting for anything), but today it's not here yet. I really wanted to try the Apple Cinnamon Puffs for lunch today, but if it's not here by 1 I'll break down and have an alternative :(

Awwww I hate that too when I'm waiting on stuff LOL.

Ducksmy
02-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Everyone's losses are so encouraging! Keeep it going guys!

Momto2cs
02-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi all,

Thanks
I think you need to decide yourself how you feel.

My original goal was 140. Last summer I got to 145 and 16% bodyfat. I decided that was good.

I have maintained, but over Christmas I let things slide a bit. I still have 6 pounds to get back to my 145...and am considering trying to get to 140 again.

I wish I didn't put do much emphasis on the scale, as I am fairly muscular and large boned (ie I have big calves, legs and wrists), but I can't seem to help it.

Btw-I am 40. If I was 20 I would definitely go with the lower weight!

newmom7611
02-02-2012, 02:36 PM

i tried it the other night.. i took a picture of it, enjoyed smelling it and watching it cook...then put a buffalo chicken breast on the bread for a "chicken sandwhich" for dinner and was really really disappointed. i didnt like it at all. i doctored it up and everything.. it was no good for me :(

well..,. i just got back from my WI and i'm a happy girl. after a few weeks of very slow losses, i was down 3.6 lbs !! :carrot: i never deviated from the program, even if i was discouraged for a second. i knew this would happen. i'm still in the 150s (which has felt like forever) but honestly i'm so close to seeing 14.... i can't believe it. i havent been in the 140s since freshman or sophmore year of HS. It's a mere 2 pounds away...

i also bought some food. sadly, they only had one packet of blueberry pudding mix until next week, so i'm going to make the blueberry muffins.. i hope i don't LOVE them because i won't want to wait. lol
i was pleasantly surprised to see that my clinic was already carrying the brand new mashed potatoes!! i'm eating them as i type and they are good!!! dont even need anything added! i had my salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs ready but one taste a shake of pepper and i'm in heaven. TRY THEM for sure :D oh and as an extra bonus...they are UNresticted!! what an awesome day its been!

northernfawn
02-02-2012, 02:37 PM

Go You! :carrot: that's a wonderful mini-goal, can't wait to get there myself:)

WI# 16 -3 lbs Total 67lbs I am three pounds from goal :carrot:This was an amazing journey. Going to phrase two today for a week then coach said to go to phrase three following two weeks. I am going on vacation in three weeks so he wants me in maintance then. Hope everyone has great WI's this week.. Also I believe that this board has made the journey so much easier with all the information, encouragement and words of wisdom from all the experienced IPer's...

Love it!!

Momto2cs
02-02-2012, 02:37 PM

Search cauliflower on the recipe thread #3. I don't know how to link!

It's good, but more like a flat soft focaccia (I added Italian seasonings). I think I would like it as a bun, but I am so used to using lettuce as bread I can't be bothered!!

desperatetolosegirl
02-02-2012, 02:47 PM
I think you need to decide yourself how you feel.

My original goal was 140. Last summer I got to 145 and 16% bodyfat. I decided that was good.

I have maintained, but over Christmas I let things slide a bit. I still have 6 pounds to get back to my 145...and am considering trying to get to 140 again.

I wish I didn't put do much emphasis on the scale, as I am fairly muscular and large boned (ie I have big calves, legs and wrists), but I can't seem to help it.

Btw-I am 40. If I was 20 I would definitely go with the lower weight!

Thanks for your reply Mom2cs. It's great that you have a low bodyfat %. Not sure how I will look at that %. As you said I need to decide on the way I look and not concentrate on the scale. So for now I will need to concentrate on getting my % from 27 to 24 (which is in the fitness level).

purple sky
02-02-2012, 03:02 PM

1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 teaspoons paprika

WOW! I need to try this!! THANK YOU!

Yum, Lilmink.
SomedayBubblySomeday, I am wondering how this might work with your chicken bread. What do you think? Maybe add some fresh herbs at the end like cilantro or something??

patns
02-02-2012, 03:05 PM
What the heck???

I have the Costco drink every morning and January has been my best losses since I started. I'd look at additives in the pork products.

purple sky
02-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

Thanks

Those are great measurements. Decide what is right for you. Ultimately, isn't it about being comfortable, moving around easily and liking what you see in the mirror? Try some cute outfits on. If you like what you see then you are done or close to done. No need to stress yourself to get down to a weight that may or may not be you.

DanafromAustin
02-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Congrats on being overweight! I think that's the first time I've ever said that remark in a positive way. ;)

No olives, but great job at your WI.

Love turnip fries, but I always gain after I eat them.

Way to go Ishbel. I know there are alot of us here that are looking forward to being overweight instead of obese. Have a great time in Mexico!

I have broken down and bought my first new item due to weight loss. I have been enjoying fitting back into clothes that I have been hanging on to in hopes of wearing again but I actually had to buy new shoes! Of all things, my favorite "go to" shoes have just become way too sloppy. I went from an 8 wide to a 7 1/2 wide, I'm thinking by the time this is all said and done I won't have to buy wide width shoes any more.

I bought a new pair of cowboy boots back in October when I had just started IP. They were a little narrow in the foot and on my calf, but decided to wait till I lost all of my weight before having them stretched. I put them on for the first time the other night after not wearing them for a couple of months. I am so glad I didn't have them stretched. They are no longer narrow on my foot or tight on my calf.

Lots of great losses today, Congratulations everyone. :carrot:

kelly1962
02-02-2012, 04:18 PM
I tried the new mashed potatoes and i really like them!!!
Also, wanted to know if anyone tried the new pineapple banana drink?

GloverParker
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I haven't posted before but have gotten great ideas from this forum already. Doing pretty well on the IP- not usually hungry... hubby is doing it with me which is good and bad ( since he loses faster than me!).... getting into the groove..... Feeling better this week since adding the CALM to my morning routine.....

I've been looking for individual packets of cider vinegar which I find hard to find at restaurants and want to carry in my purse.... anyone know of a link where I can find it to order?
Weigh in tomorrow, wish me luck!

You might just try packing your own -- I find the Go-Toobs to be a great way to safely travel with liquids and keep them in all sizes for my carry-on. I think they'd work brilliantly in your handbag as well. Just google Go-Toob.

janniegoingdown
02-02-2012, 04:24 PM

Are the potatoes a restricted item? I haven't tried the drink but it sure sounds good.

Ducksmy
02-02-2012, 04:26 PM

I have tried this and did not care for it at all. Too frothy and too bitter, even tried adding some splenda.....:(

thin4me
02-02-2012, 04:36 PM

Thanks I'll definately try it! Just never thought of it when it was cooking but that'll be the last time for awhile

thin4me
02-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Here's a link to our favorite Breakfast Sausage Recipe, been using it for years, it uses ground turkey.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/turkeyrecipes/r/blpoul27.htm?p=1

Thanks they look awesome! Never thought about making my own sausage I'll definitely try them

grassfedbeef
02-02-2012, 04:47 PM

I love the pineapple banana drink--it is one of my favorites! :)

le506
02-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi Everybody- 3/4ths of the way through Day 2. Kale Chips are in the oven... went to the grocery store today and needed to ask here if the Mio drink flavors were allowed. I think I "need" my sweet tea...

Goldenrod
02-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Way to go Ishbel! I'm looking forward to when I can say that too. :)
Our WI #17 is this evening. Congrats to all those who had losses and wishing the rest of you continued success. Don't you just love how the pounds melt off on this diet? :dancer:

thin4me
02-02-2012, 04:57 PM
I have the Costco drink every morning and January has even my best losses since I started. I'd look at additives in the pork products.

Thanks Pat that is good to know as I was planning to have that as my replacement - much cheaper. Have you tried the "ICE" drink from Costco, it is made by Rain and I heard it was also ok 0/0/0

Maybe I'm just having a fat day :)

Shem7412
02-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!
Congratz on the all the losses, I havent been on to post since my last WI, which was last Wednesday. It was WI #6 for me and I had lost 4lbs (for 2wks) and that makes it a total of 17lbs lost in 6 wks! :carrot:

NSV for me was when I tried on these pair of pants my teenage daughter had put in her give away pile because they were a bit too big for her.. and I FIT them!! LOL the look on her face was priceless :D

Still have about 14lbs to go to reach goal but I can say I have never been happier in my life with a diet or plan, and what makes it so sucessful for me is finding these boards. The ideas, the encouragments they are priceless!
So Thank you to everyone who posts ideas and encouraging words!

And as far as the "ICE" drink goes by Talking Rain company... its carbonated and I was told to avoid carbonation by my coach so I have avoided them myself.

Have a great day everyone :)

thin4me
02-02-2012, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Shem7412;4200845]And as far as the "ICE" drink goes by Talking Rain company... its carbonated and I was told to avoid carbonation by my coach so I have avoided them myself.
QUOTE]

You think I would have learned everything by now - they also have a different one and believe it is just called "RAIN" but I couldn't see where it listed the 0/0/0, therefore purchased the ICE version - I only had one

desperatetolosegirl
02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Those are great measurements. Decide what is right for you. Ultimately, isn't it about being comfortable, moving around easily and liking what you see in the mirror? Try some cute outfits on. If you like what you see then you are done or close to done. No need to stress yourself to get down to a weight that may or may not be you.

So very well said! Thank you :)

alaskastarr
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Yay another couple :)

:cofdate:

BTW if you look at the percentage of weight lost you'll probably see that it's relatively close.

I know I might complain that my hubby is losing weight faster than me, but I am super happy he is losing at all...I'd rather have a skinny hubby than one who is gone because of a heart attack. I've been worried about him for a while and this program is a life saver to us...I have seen him come off his heart meds and diabetes meds all because of IP. What a blessing!!!

I'm glad that there are several couples doing this because it helps to see that we aren't the only ones out there!!!

alaskastarr
02-02-2012, 06:37 PM
well..,. i just got back from my WI and i'm a happy girl. after a few weeks of very slow losses, i was down 3.6 lbs !! :carrot: i never deviated from the program, even if i was discouraged for a second. i knew this would happen. i'm still in the 150s (which has felt like forever) but honestly i'm so close to seeing 14.... i can't believe it. i havent been in the 140s since freshman or sophmore year of HS. It's a mere 2 pounds away...

i was pleasantly surprised to see that my clinic was already carrying the brand new mashed potatoes!! i'm eating them as i type and they are good!!! dont even need anything added! i had my salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs ready but one taste a shake of pepper and i'm in heaven. TRY THEM for sure :D oh and as an extra bonus...they are UNresticted!! what an awesome day its been!

Awesome to be so close to the 140 mark...I think the last time I was there I was 22...that was exactly 20 years ago. I'll be so happy to see that weight again. Congrats to you on losing! Thanks for letting us know about the Mashed 'Taters :D I was wondering AND craving something like this and hoping against hope that it wouldn't be restricted....you've just made my day...now if only they have some in when I go in for my WI tomorrow ;).

New Englander
02-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I need to vent. I've been doing this diet (perfectly) since 11/11/11 and I'm getting to the point where I can't wait for Phase 1 to be over. I've been feeling this way for a week now and I know I need to snap out of it or else the next two months are going to drag... :( My favorite part of the day is my evening chocolate drink and then my morning chocolate, chocolate bar...the rest I could do without!!! :) Okay..thanks for listening...errr...reading!

thin4me
02-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I need to vent. I've been doing this diet (perfectly) since 11/11/11 and I'm getting to the point where I can't wait for Phase 1 to be over. I've been feeling this way for a week now and I know I need to snap out of it or else the next two months are going to drag... :( My favorite part of the day is my evening chocolate drink and then my morning chocolate, chocolate bar...the rest I could do without!!! :) Okay..thanks for listening...errr...reading!

Wow you have only been on it since November - you are doing fantastic! Don't give up, perhaps try some different foods to shake things up a bit. If you like chips the southwestern curls are really quite good and a fairly large serving.

Don't you find that the weeks go by fairly quickly - it'll be over before you know it - just saying! :)

alaskastarr
02-02-2012, 06:56 PM

I know I have only been doing this for a month but I have days like that at my job...at school...and even at this...I certainly understand what you mean.
I think you are the person that actually turned me on to having a chocolate drink for my evening snack....I wasn't doing that until it was mentioned and it actually helped my morning blood sugar be lower (before I was having a bar in the evening).

Perhaps a change of pace? I had to change some things around a bit after the first few weeks because I knew I was going to get bored....I like repetition but sometimes we all need a bit of change. Even if it is just changing it up a little...like picking up the new mashed potatoes...and I hear they are unrestricted :D.

:hug: You've done so well...I've been watching you as well as so many other losers and I'm in awe of how great IP is for all of us. I can't wait to be at goal, but I'll sit back and enjoy the ride too...I won't wish my time away anymore because I'm afraid I might miss something important along the way....like making some new friends :)

~Shelia

New Englander
02-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Wow you have only been on it since November - you are doing fantastic! Don't give up, perhaps try some different foods to shake things up a bit. If you like chips the southwestern curls are really quite good and a fairly large serving.

Don't you find that the weeks go by fairly quickly - it'll be over before you know it - just saying! :)
Thanks! I'm not going to give up...just getting ready for the end...I'm loving the results and feel better than I ever have...just ready to see that bright light at the end of the tunnel. :)

New Englander
02-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I know I have only been doing this for a month but I have days like that at my job...at school...and even at this...I certainly understand what you mean.
I think you are the person that actually turned me on to having a chocolate drink for my evening snack....I wasn't doing that until it was mentioned and it actually helped my morning blood sugar be lower (before I was having a bar in the evening).

Perhaps a change of pace? I had to change some things around a bit after the first few weeks because I knew I was going to get bored....I like repetition but sometimes we all need a bit of change. Even if it is just changing it up a little...like picking up the new mashed potatoes...and I hear they are unrestricted :D.

:hug: You've done so well...I've been watching you as well as so many other losers and I'm in awe of how great IP is for all of us. I can't wait to be at goal, but I'll sit back and enjoy the ride too...I won't wish my time away anymore because I'm afraid I might miss something important along the way....like making some new friends :)

~Shelia
Awe...you made some really good points especially the part of making new friends. I couldn't agree with you more!!! I just read about the potatoes and need to check them out. I do love repetition and probably need to shake things up a bit..thanks for the reminder!!! :) My coach is always commenting on my log because it's the same things week after week..but I like what I like...maybe I'll through some decaf teas into the mix (along with more water..) :) Thanks again for listening...it does help to have people like you out there!!!

slp
02-02-2012, 07:24 PM

Wow! 44 pounds in what about 3 mths? That is awesome!

starry1672
02-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Drum roll please.......

5 more lbs lost this week and with TOM!

doublebaby
02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I just received my order of miracle rice and noodles. I haven't had these nor cooked with these before but know that they need to be rinsed a lot. My questions are
1) It states that it is 3 oz per serving. Do you think that is before or after rinsing a million times and/or before/after blanching in boiling water? I can't tell if it will make a difference I guess until I try it.
2) It seems that everyone just adds them to recipes without saying how much they are adding. Certainly they can't be free, can they?
Thanks for any insight or helpful tips in advance.
Ohhh- I might ask too --are these ok to have a night before a weigh in or will they make you hold onto weight or water?

omgzitsmiranda
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Drum roll please.......

5 more lbs lost this week and with TOM!

WOOT WOOT!
you get it girl! :carrot:

JKfromIL
02-02-2012, 08:42 PM
OMG I just bought some Vlasic bread and butter pickles (w splenda). The are so good :) I am so glad my coach mentioned them this morning!
(could not find the MT Olive ones locally that had been mentioned in prior post.)

newmom7611
02-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for responding alaska :) and good luck on your weigh in. My "mini goal" was to hit the 140s by my birthday (Saturday)... But thats not going to happen. I made that goal after Xmas, not expecting the "stall" I had. Oh well.. I'm close enough and can't believe how this program works. My dad saw me today after about 2 weeks and said "woah ems, youre looking pretty skinny!" he then lectured me about not losing too much and told me to think about stopping in the next few pounds. Lol gotta love him

Tmg1989
02-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi All. Yesterday was start of month 3. Down 35.5 lbs. trying to take it a day at a time as I suggest everyone does. It does seem to slow some weeks and can get discouraging but as we all have said we need to keep our eyes on the prize! Go team! :)

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Yum, Lilmink.
SomedayBubblySomeday, I am wondering how this might work with your chicken bread. What do you think? Maybe add some fresh herbs at the end like cilantro or something??

I think that would be great! But, is it too much protein for one sitting? I don't know about eating protein with our packets. Anyone?

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 09:13 PM

Oh, I hear you...I think that is why I am obsessed with making new recipes. I just keep thinking it is so long before I will be done, but then I think of how much nicer it is to visit my closet every day and how much better it will get, and it helps me to deal. I also go "shopping" online for clothes I may never buy, but it seems to pass the time and motivate me to stay the course. I've found the WF marinara to be a lifesaver, because I can use it in so many things and they taste the way they used to. Just keep going, you will be in phase 2 soon! Just think of how great you are going to feel when it's all hot and humid this summer and you are sweating less!:smug:

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
I just received my order of miracle rice and noodles. I haven't had these nor cooked with these before but know that they need to be rinsed a lot. My questions are
1) It states that it is 3 oz per serving. Do you think that is before or after rinsing a million times and/or before/after blanching in boiling water? I can't tell if it will make a difference I guess until I try it.
2) It seems that everyone just adds them to recipes without saying how much they are adding. Certainly they can't be free, can they?
Thanks for any insight or helpful tips in advance.
Ohhh- I might ask too --are these ok to have a night before a weigh in or will they make you hold onto weight or water?

I've been using the whole package. I don't really know if they will make you retain water--they seem to absorb moisture when I cook them :)

Lilmink
02-02-2012, 09:26 PM
3 big NSVs for me today!! Today is my b'day, not a shameless plug, but relevant to my NSVs. First, when I started my pre-ip/IP diet, my goal was to lose 12 lbs before my b'day...13lbs gone! Even though my losses have been no small feat and none at all in the last weeks, I still hit my goal. Pretty psyched about that!

Second, as a little b'day present to myself, I went in to my favorite boutique for a little something to wear tonight (I had outgrown most things in the store back from over the holidays when I looked for party dresses) I pulled a dress off the rack and slam dunk, it fit!!! I've been shopping there for 12 years so the girls all know me and we all cheered together!! And

Lastly, I planned the trip to Costa Rica right when I started IP and in order to be able to go on the trip, I had to raise $1000 for my favorite charity and today I hit $1006! Of course I pestered everyone to donate for my b'day, but it worked! The organization is called First Descents (www.FirstDescents.org). So if you know anyone between the ages of 18-39 who is currently going through cancer treatment or has survived cancer, please encourage them to check FD out. It is amazing! I need to mention that a number of Canadian's have also attended, since there are so many on here.

I'm switching clinics as of Saturday so hopefully the new coach will be more educated and insightful about IP and get me losing weight again. The stall out and little losses have been frustrating, but hey, 13lbs is 13lbs less I'm schleping around all day! In the mean time, allowing myself prime rib for dinner and staying away from the wine tonight. That will be an NSV of it's own!

Hope everyone's having a great day/night!

Eck
02-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Glad to hear the new mashed potatoes are unrestricted!
What is this cauliflower bread? I am obsessed with new recipes that are OP!

idealpromom
02-02-2012, 09:48 PM

:cheer2::congrat::congrat::cheer2:
BRAVO !!!

I can't wait for that... keep it up!
:hug:

justme685
02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
3 big NSVs for me today!! Today is my b'day, not a shameless plug, but relevant to my NSVs. First, when I started my pre-ip/IP diet, my goal was to lose 12 lbs before my b'day...13lbs gone! Even though my losses have been no small feat and none at all in the last weeks, I still hit my goal. Pretty psyched about that!

Second, as a little b'day present to myself, I went in to my favorite boutique for a little something to wear tonight (I had outgrown most things in the store back from over the holidays when I looked for party dresses) I pulled a dress off the rack and slam dunk, it fit!!! I've been shopping there for 12 years so the girls all know me and we all cheered together!! And

Lastly, I planned the trip to Costa Rica right when I started IP and in order to be able to go on the trip, I had to raise $1000 for my favorite charity and today I hit $1006! Of course I pestered everyone to donate for my b'day, but it worked! The organization is called First Descents (www.FirstDescents.org). So if you know anyone between the ages of 18-39 who is currently going through cancer treatment or has survived cancer, please encourage them to check FD out. It is amazing! I need to mention that a number of Canadian's have also attended, since there are so many on here.

I'm switching clinics as of Saturday so hopefully the new coach will be more educated and insightful about IP and get me losing weight again. The stall out and little losses have been frustrating, but hey, 13lbs is 13lbs less I'm schleping around all day! In the mean time, allowing myself prime rib for dinner and staying away from the wine tonight. That will be an NSV of it's own!

Happy Birthday!! :hat: And great job on the NSV's! Always remember that the little things in life add up and count the most in the end :D

NavyMommy
02-02-2012, 10:47 PM
So, after having a total of 9 weeks OP, tonight I finally went out to dinner at a real restaurant. I had gone to sushi bars with friends before because I knew the raw fish was just raw fish and totally OP, but tonight we went to O'Charley's (we never eat out, this was a rare treat!!) and I did great!! I was worried about the whole oil / butter thing but our waitress was wonderful.

I was also surprised at how much I enjoyed my salad. I didn't use any of the vinegar because I was pretty sure it was red wine vinegar, but just a little olive oil and salt made it really good. I don't eat much salad at home so it was a nice change of pace, especially because it was so fresh!

It's funny so many of you have been talking about how this diet has changed your kids eating habits, well tonight I had to be careful to not lose my entire dinner to my 3 year old (who had already eaten mind you!). She LOVES meat now (ate 4 of the mini meatloaves I made the other night) and has always loved broccoli. I was happy to share though :)

Lastly, I'm happy to report my ITG box came this afternoon. I actually went ahead and made up a Raspberry Jelly and it's chilling right now. I hope it's ready by the time I go to bed! Yum!! It's going to be hard to stay away from my IP boxes, but aside from the Jelly I am going to wait until Monday, just to see what kind of difference (if any) it makes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!!

Renewing Myself
02-02-2012, 10:47 PM

Happy birthday and congrats on your weight loss!!

I had my 3rd weight in today and I have lost a total of 13 lbs! :hat: I am very happy with that, also they measured me and I lost 12.5". :wizard:

Thanks for everyone's support - this is a wonderful site and such a wealth of information.

mtnsun4
02-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Happy birthday and congrats on your weight loss!!

I had my 3rd weight in today and I have lost a total of 13 lbs! :hat: I am very happy with that, also they measured me and I lost 12.5". :wizard:

Thanks for everyone's support - this is a wonderful site and such a wealth of information.

Great job! What a nice loss! Keep it up!

mtnsun4
02-02-2012, 11:12 PM
I had a great day today. Saw the scale moving downward again this morning. I am so happy to have found IP.

Question- how supportive are your coaches? Do they send you emails or do you only talk to them when you weigh in? I was hoping that my coach was a texter or emailer to keep in touch and motivated but she does not text, and she only checks her email once per day. I wish I could get on these boards at work but cannot. Just curious what others experiences have been with their coaches.

Tammywhiz
02-02-2012, 11:13 PM
I have the Costco drink every morning and January has even my best losses since I started. I'd look at additives in the pork products.

Wow am I relieved to read this ! I just bought 3 cases of this yummy 30g protein shake at Costco and I would be crushed to think that it was not going to work.

TFBeller
02-02-2012, 11:19 PM
4th weight in yesterday and I am so excited! 10 lbs down and 12 inches. Not as much as a lot of the others, but I've never lost this much in 1 month before. I have followed program faithfully except for 1 dinner, so proud of myself because I didn't think I could do it. :carrot: Now I KNOW I can do it!

Tammywhiz
02-02-2012, 11:23 PM

Happy Birthday !

justme685
02-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I had a great day today. Saw the scale moving downward again this morning. I am so happy to have found IP.

Question- how supportive are your coaches? Do they send you emails or do you only talk to them when you weigh in? I was hoping that my coach was a texter or emailer to keep in touch and motivated but she does not text, and she only checks her email once per day. I wish I could get on these boards at work but cannot. Just curious what others experiences have been with their coaches.

I text my coach ALL the time! And she always gets back to me as soon as she can. She has a young child so she doesn't like talking on the phone - which I am perfectly okay with! I've bonded really well with her, I can see us becoming good friends throughout my journey with her.

Maybe your coach can be more easily reached on the phone?

justme685
02-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Quick question: How does everyone get their oil in? I use it for cooking, but I read somewhere on here that it doesn't count if you are using it in cooking. Is that true?

Tammywhiz
02-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Hey everyone, WI #4 for me and I am down another 3lbs.

Yayy me !

I am looking to buy a digital scale. Does anyone have any advice on what kind I should get?

mtnsun4
02-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I text my coach ALL the time! And she always gets back to me as soon as she can. She has a young child so she doesn't like talking on the phone - which I am perfectly okay with! I've bonded really well with her, I can see us becoming good friends throughout my journey with her.

Maybe your coach can be more easily reached on the phone?

Good point. I am just not a big phone talker....LOL! Plus, during the day I am so busy it is tough to talk on the phone. I think if I really needed her I could call her. I will need to fit my style to hers so I can get the support I need. I wish she texted! :-)

mtnsun4
02-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Quick question: How does everyone get their oil in? I use it for cooking, but I read somewhere on here that it doesn't count if you are using it in cooking. Is that true?

I just use it during cooking. Should we be getting in more oil?

TFBeller
02-02-2012, 11:42 PM
i tried it the other night.. i took a picture of it, enjoyed smelling it and watching it cook...then put a buffalo chicken breast on the bread for a "chicken sandwhich" for dinner and was really really disappointed. i didnt like it at all. i doctored it up and everything.. it was no good for me :(

i also bought some food. sadly, they only had one packet of blueberry pudding mix until next week, so i'm going to make the blueberry muffins.. i hope i don't LOVE them because i won't want to wait. lol
Are the potatoes more soupy or creamy?

TFBeller
02-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Happy Birthday!! :hat: And great job on the NSV's! Always remember that the little things in life add up and count the most in the end :D
Happy birthday! How long you been OP? 13 lbs gone is awesome!

tenniels
02-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Hello my IP friends. Congrats on so many wonderful weigh-ins, really inspiring each and every one of you :) omgzitsmiranda - love the picture quotes, thanks for posting.

I'm personally having a terrible day. My scale is not budging and it has me in a panic. Maybe this isn't going to work for me afterall, maybe I have to get used to being the fat me forever, maybe I'm just not meant to succeed etc. I don't mean to sound whiny, I just could really use the encouragement of the scale going down, I feel stuck at the moment. Any words of advice?

On a slightly brighter note, I was able to get a ticker today which really did brighten my mood a little. Thank goodness for this forum.

shalista
02-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! I am Shalista, 32 years old, mom of four. I have a busy portrait studio and I just started IP. I have been reading here for a week or so, but I am officially on day 3. It hasn't been too bad so far. I am just having trouble with staying on schedule and getting my salt in. I am at 324 so my coach gave me two extra packets and I have not been able to finish them any of the days.

I hope it works, I have tried everything else!

lindac36
02-03-2012, 12:10 AM
Good Morning,
This am on my scales I have broken the 200 mark!!! I actually have on a Large sweater today instead of Xl or XXL. so excited for Saturday and my offical weigh in.

So exciting! You make me smile, I love happy moments!

omgzitsmiranda
02-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Hello my IP friends. Congrats on so many wonderful weigh-ins, really inspiring each and every one of you :) omgzitsmiranda - love the picture quotes, thanks for posting.

I'm personally having a terrible day. My scale is not budging and it has me in a panic. Maybe this isn't going to work for me afterall, maybe I have to get used to being the fat me forever, maybe I'm just not meant to succeed etc. I don't mean to sound whiny, I just could really use the encouragement of the scale going down, I feel stuck at the moment. Any words of advice?

On a slightly brighter note, I was able to get a ticker today which really did brighten my mood a little. Thank goodness for this forum.

you're welcome about the photo :) I thought they both fit really well <3.

Also, keep your head up about the diet. How often are you weighing yourself? Once a day? week? How have your other weigh-ins been? You will sometimes have a lower week, then a WHOOSH. I've only been on this 1 day longer than you, but don't give in! You CAN do this! If you only lose 0 this week, then so be it; but that just means next week will be AWESOME!

patns
02-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Thanks Pat that is good to know as I was planning to have that as my replacement - much cheaper. Have you tried the "ICE" drink from Costco, it is made by Rain and I heard it was also ok 0/0/0

Maybe I'm just having a fat day :)

People have mentioned this several times, I always think I'll look for it and then forget. I seem to live in Costco!

tenniels
02-03-2012, 12:34 AM
you're welcome about the photo :) I thought they both fit really well <3.

Also, keep your head up about the diet. How often are you weighing yourself? Once a day? week? How have your other weigh-ins been? You will sometimes have a lower week, then a WHOOSH. I've only been on this 1 day longer than you, but don't give in! You CAN do this! If you only lose 0 this week, then so be it; but that just means next week will be AWESOME!

I am unfortunately being a slave to the scale, weighing many times a day. I need to stop that. My first weigh in was -4.6lbs, my second -4.2lbs, and my third was an embarrassing 0.2lb loss. So 9lbs in three weeks. I go early for my next weigh in (Saturday instead of Monday) and with the way the scale has been, I'm going to have another disappointing week. I don't know if stress is affecting my loss all the sudden or what. I have been struggling with the big C, so that may also be a factor. I guess I feel I started well and don't know what the heck is happening right now. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but I want this so bad, its so hard to think of failing.

mompattie
02-03-2012, 12:39 AM
I am unfortunately being a slave to the scale, weighing many times a day. I need to stop that. My first weigh in was -4.6lbs, my second -4.2lbs, and my third was an embarrassing 0.2lb loss. So 9lbs in three weeks. I go early for my next weigh in (Saturday instead of Monday) and with the way the scale has been, I'm going to have another disappointing week. I don't know if stress is affecting my loss all the sudden or what. I have been struggling with the big C, so that may also be a factor. I guess I feel I started well and don't know what the heck is happening right now. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but I want this so bad, its so hard to think of failing.

Ok don't mean to yell here, but PUT YOUR SCALE AWAY GIRL! Just weigh yourself once a week, seriously, just DO IT. REALLY....go do it now....did you do it? No? GO DO IT! You're doing awesome, your weight fluctuates throughout the day - you are making yourself crazy over this. You're doing fantastic!!!:D

Momto2cs
02-03-2012, 12:42 AM
9 pounds in less than a month is great.

Stop weighing. Trust that ip will work for you. Be prepared to average out some weeks. You may lose inches and not pounds.

Drink your water! The losses will come.

patns
02-03-2012, 01:02 AM
I just use it during cooking. Should we be getting in more oil?

I was just using it in cooking. I have now started to measure out the 2tsps of olive oil and use it on my salad and my weight started to go down again. When using it in cooking we don't really get the whole amount because some of it stays in the pan. That's my theory anyway.

tenniels
02-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Ok don't mean to yell here, but PUT YOUR SCALE AWAY GIRL! Just weigh yourself once a week, seriously, just DO IT. REALLY....go do it now....did you do it? No? GO DO IT! You're doing awesome, your weight fluctuates throughout the day - you are making yourself crazy over this. You're doing fantastic!!!:D

9 pounds in less than a month is great.

Stop weighing. Trust that ip will work for you. Be prepared to average out some weeks. You may lose inches and not pounds.

Drink your water! The losses will come.

Thank-you ladies. The scale has been put in my hall closet mompattie. I feel like a freak today getting all emotional about this, but I truly am driving myself bonkers. I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself because I'm going to Mexico on April 4 and was hoping to be able to have lost most my weight by then. I'm scared about phasing off and having to restart when I get back. I don't plan on going hog wild down there, but I would like to be able to enjoy some Mexican food. I guess I just need to take it as it comes, and do what I need to do when the time comes. *big breath* Thanks again girls.

patns
02-03-2012, 01:24 AM

I am going to yell; PUT THE %$#@ SCALE AWAY!!!!!! You are going to drive yourself crazy.

Seriously I am a daily weigher because I don't get upset with the information the scale gives me. By weighing everyday I know I go for most days in a week I don't lose anything, I will usually see a loss one or sometimes two days.

There is no way anyone could pay me to get on the scale a second time after I weigh first thing in the morning. We are taking in a huge amount of liquid which all weighs something. My morning coffee and water would add a pound right away.

A friend who is a biology professor told me that for each fat cell the the body has a huge system of supports- capillaries etc. When you lose a pound the body has a big job to do destructing all the supports which takes time.

So for the fat cell to truly be gone a lot has to happen. We cannot continue to lose large amounts week after week.

Many people find they lose inches in the week that they don't lose pounds. I think that is because the body has been adjusting to the previous loss.

That is sort of the gist of how she explained it, I don't have a science background so can't explain it as she did.

To keep weighing yourself several times a day is going to continue to cause huge stress. Time will pass and you will lose more some weeks than others but the good weeks aren't a result of constant weighing.

patns
02-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Just realized mompattie was yelling the same thing at the same time that I was. You likely heard us and got the message loud and clear.

Pat

tenniels
02-03-2012, 01:39 AM
I am going to yell; PUT THE %$#@ SCALE AWAY!!!!!! You are going to drive yourself crazy.

Seriously I am a daily weigher because I don't get upset with the information the scale gives me. By weighing everyday I know I go for most days in a week I don't lose anything, I will usually see a loss one or sometimes two days.

There is no way anyone could pay me to get on the scale a second time after I weigh first thing in the morning. We are taking in a huge amount of liquid which all weighs something. My morning coffee and water would add a pound right away.

A friend who is a biology professor told me that for each fat cell the the body has a huge system of supports- capillaries etc. When you lose a pound the body has a big job to do destructing all the supports which takes time.

So for the fat cell to truly be gone a lot has to happen. We cannot continue to lose large amounts week after week.

Many people find they lose inches in the week that they don't lose pounds. I think that is because the body has been adjusting to the previous loss.

That is sort of the gist of how she explained it, I don't have a science background so can't explain it as she did.

To keep weighing yourself several times a day is going to continue to cause huge stress. Time will pass and you will lose more some weeks than others but the good weeks aren't a result of constant weighing.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your reply. "you will lose more some weeks than others, but the good weeks aren't a result of constant weighing" - I wrote this down on a post it and put it on my bathroom mirror. I seriously don't know what I'd do without all the words of wisdom you all have :angel:

Momto2cs
02-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Think of it this way...if you stick with ip you will be somewhere between today's weight and your goal for your trip.

If you don't stick with ip my experience would be that you will probably be higher than you are today for your trip. (I could be wrong, maybe there is another good, efficient diet out there that I haven't heard of)!

I think come April you will be very happy with your progress and will rock the back in Mexico! Don't let the frustration of water weight fluctuations bring you down!

Sigh. Now I want to go to Mexico too!

thin4me
02-03-2012, 01:47 AM
People have mentioned this several times, I always think I'll look for it and then forget. I seem to live in Costco!

I hear you, we are he people in the parking lot trying to cram all the groceries and misc. items into any nook and cranny as we live 2 hours away and usually take a pretty big haul back. Never a trip to the city without a costco run!

tenniels
02-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Think of it this way...if you stick with ip you will be somewhere between today's weight and your goal for your trip.

If you don't stick with ip my experience would be that you will probably be higher than you are today for your trip. (I could be wrong, maybe there is another good, efficient diet out there that I haven't heard of)!

I think come April you will be very happy with your progress and will rock the back in Mexico! Don't let the frustration of water weight fluctuations bring you down!

Sigh. Now I want to go to Mexico too!

You're right, at least I'll be closer to my goal weight than at my start weight or higher. The phasing off and having to come back on scares me, but I can't worry about that now, I'll deal with it all when the time comes. But perhaps I can take you to Mexico with me as my coach?! :D

newmom7611
02-03-2012, 06:14 AM
Are the potatoes more soupy or creamy?

There are directions on the packet for either mashed potatoes or potato soup. Obviously the soup is just adding a bit more water. I made the potatoes and they were smooth and quite creamy. I hate the soups, but could definitely try a hearty veggie potato soup. I only bought one packet to sample. I'm going to stop in there tomorrow to buy a box!