Support Groups - Slow Dancing with A Stranger {7} "Freestyle"

K9Owner
02-02-2012, 02:52 AM
Hi Everyone :wave:
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

:yes: This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
:yes: I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
:yes: One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
:yes: I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
:yes: I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
:yes: I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread 2 times a month (around the 1st and 15th of the month) to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?

K9Owner
02-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Well, since so many of us have been doing our "own thing" lately, I thought it most appropriate to name this dance "Freestyle".

:book2: {Free*Style}, via "Urban Dictionary" :book2:
1. The music first developed in the early 1980's primarily in major cities like the New York, Philadelphia, and New Jersey area of the Eastern United States of America. It was a fusion of 70's disco and 80's break dancing music, influenced also by sampling found in Hip-Hop.
2. Refers to music (usually rap and sometimes techno) where everything is made up as they go along. In rap, people make up lyrics as they go along, but in techno, the DJ improvises beats and mixes songs on the spot.
3. A move in sports (especially extreme sports) where someone pulls off a stunt that doesn't really follow any guidelines for any regular move.

"Freestyle" forms of dancing can be extremely fun.

Within the next few days, think about your particular plan. Is it working? Is your exercise plan working? Is it boring? Have you become so accustomed to a routine that you need a little "freestyle" mix-up, so to speak?

Structured plans have a place in each of our successes, but even the best laid-out plan can become monotonous and leave us yearning for an exit out of it.

:df: Consider this: You'll be surprised what you can accomplish when quitting is no longer an option!!

Larry H
02-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Well, you all were correct. A lot of my weight gain from that 18 day pig out that I went on was water retention. I am down 7 pounds from yesterday!:D

Lets see now, I gained 10 pounds during the 18 days and lost 7 pounds since yesterday. It would appear that my actual weight gain was 3 pounds and the rest was water weight?? :book2:

Could it be possible that I was that lucky??? :carrot:

jomatho
02-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Well, you all were correct. A lot of my weight gain from that 18 day pig out that I went on was water retention. I am down 7 pounds from yesterday!:D

Lets see now, I gained 10 pounds during the 18 days and lost 7 pounds since yesterday. It would appear that my actual weight gain was 3 pounds and the rest was water weight?? :book2:

Could it be possible that I was that lucky??? :carrot:

Yes sir!!! :woohoo:

I actually think I gained more than you and my pigout was not with a capitol P, just a little p, so hows that for even luckier? Hehe, I am happy for you that you are back on plan and feeling good about things again! :hugs:

jomatho
02-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Had a great on plan day yesterday, stuck to all my goals, have to go back and re-arrange my dinner though, I keep pre logging a side salad with dressing and croutons and then forget to make the darn thing. That happened 2 days now. Tonight I will have my salad!!!! I just end up eating a little more of the main dish to make up for it.
I also did my walk and my weight routine. I am following the New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLW) and am liking it so far. This is my first week.
Today is walk and then a short set of running intervals for some extra fat burn.
So I peeked at the scale today and find myself about 5 pounds up from my low, not too bad. Plus I am really sore from lifting and TOM is getting ready to leave, so I hope when I officially weigh on Sunday (spike day), I will be even closer to where I should be. Why can't I remember how hard it is to lose weight and yet I keep insisting on losing some of the most stubborn pounds twice?????? On a more positive note, one week of on plan exercising and I feel and look better, like everything starts tightening back up right away. Could be getting rid of water weight or it could be the muscles holding water, but whatever it is, I like it a lot better than feeling all jiggly and out of shape.

I love the freestyle idea. I am always improvising and making things up as I go. I guess I fit in this week with starting the new weight lifting routine.

Hope everyone has a great day. I think I may do more relaxing than usual today after I get my workouts in, so I should be able to pop back in. I have been on the go nonstop and I am feeling it, need to slow down today.

forloveofself
02-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Hello Larry, Sum, princess, jo, Krystal. alaskan,

Congrats on your successes and cheering all of you who have stumbled.

I couldn't get into this site yesterday. It took ages to get the front page to load. Defraged, but online is still slow.

I have either been on plan or maintaining in the last couple of days.
However, insomnia visted and I didn't sleep a wink on Monday/Tuesday. Also, I'm still dealing with IBS and a host of stomach issues, like my ulcer acting up. I plan to get some probiotics at the drug store on Saturday. I think it will help.

My body has been hanging on to what seems like gallons of water for some time, so I'm hoping for a big whoosh after my stomach issues are resolved.

Anyway Today I will stick to 1400 to 1500 cals. Yesterday I did 1660.
Have a great day everyone.

Sum38
02-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello Ladies and Larry!

I am totally bloated from my yesterday's disaster :tied: Scale stayed at 153, I was worried it was going to be far more...

Today back being OP. We walked 6.7 miles this morning. -- Funny, two months ago, when I recommitted, I was really struggling with my walking. I really pushed myself each day; I was soaking wet after each walk and sore and tired. Today we walked nearly 7 miles averaging 4.1 mph and it felt we were doing a casual stroll. Tomorrow we will add some running :carrot: I am ready to up my game.

We are leaving for our annual ski trip in a week. This time Winter Park, CO. I am hoping to find some great hill paths to hike on :carrot: I am ready! I won't ski. My ankle has those darn pins and I can't find comfortable ski boots.

I am off to get some errands done. :moped:

:hug:

princessgina00
02-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Scale moved down to 184 this morning. I think its in love with me because it's been bending over backwards to please me for the past few days. :lol: Good luck, everyone on finishing this week the best you can. And, when you get a chance, please check out my mini-goal (overweight BMI!) pics here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/252074-128-pounds-lost-no-longer-obese-boo-yah-new-post.html).

K9Owner
02-03-2012, 01:53 AM
GINA!!! I am in AWE!! Your story is just AMAZING!!
I'm so delighted you're a part of our thread.
Thank you SOOOOO much for sharing a small glimpse into your life with us.
I am continually amazed by the positiveness this forum provides!
YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!

K9Owner
02-03-2012, 05:21 AM
Well ladies and Larry, I have not forgotten about any of you and will personally respond to each of your post eventually. :lol:
It's like this sometimes & fortunately, we have all been at this place.

I have eaten so much processed food this week in the form of chips and bean dip, it's actually unbelievable! Top that off with 2 breaded chicken strips for dinner Thurs. night and you just described a perfect combination for DISASTER! :stress:

Cravings are coming soon, no doubt. :crossed: that they won't, but I'm expecting it :(

Thursday, DH and I took our babs to the lake. He has never been with us before. He was shocked I go there alone. I explained to him that Riv and I usually run between 2.5-4.5 miles, including the levee hill. It's all about progressing and pushing myself farther than I would on my :tread:
Bless his heart--he doesn't get it. (That sounded real country, didn't it!!) :rofl:

So, anyway....I work tonight & the BIG game is Sunday. He wants to have a mini-party at our house. Why??
Great Day!
We watch 1 pro game a yr & this is it! I could see it if UT were playing in a bowl and we had a BIG party.
Whatever!
I'll do it, just to be nice.

I'm expecting a gain tomorrow and Saturday for :goodscale from last week.
BU friggin HU! :tantrum:
Seriously, NO MORE VINO FOR ME (for a little while anyway).

We'll see....

HAPPI FRIDAY, EVERYONE!!

Sum38
02-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Okay...the good, the bad and the ugly.

I gained 1 pound in January :( BUT, over all it was not a bad month.
I lost 1 inch of my chest
I lost 1 1/2 inches of my waist
I lost 1/2 inch of my hips.

I burned over 10 000 calories by walking.
I walked 123.2 miles.

I ate OP 26/31 days.

-----

I think I lost fat and gained muscle; hence the pound.

I want to be sad about the scale...but I am trying to focus on positive. I am happy about the inches lost.

Larry H
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Sum Great January for you. Those numbers are impressive and I agree with you I believe you lost fat and added muscle.

princessgina00 Congrats on the loss!!:carrot:

forloveofself I hope your stomach issues are getting better. it is hard to stay motivated when you are not feeling well.

jomatho I agree with you I like this "Free Style" theme as I am also always trying something new in my weight loss quest. My problem in doing that is I tend to forget that "Consistency"is vital to success in dieting. I have to find a balance somewhere in the middle. I tend to be a person of extremes rather than balance.

Krystal Here is some :dust: to help your stay away from processed food

Wow!! Another 6 pounds lost today to 212. :carrot: It is obviously mostly water weight but I am enjoying the down hill slide while it lasts.

The really weird thing about this is that I pigged out for 18 days and gained 10 pounds. Now I have lost 13 pounds in 3 days. I am at a lower weight than I was at before my almost 3 week long binge. My body sure does some strange things :shrug:

Larry

jomatho
02-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Hi all!

I am a little late checking in today, quick, busy morning.

Got in my walk this morning and my 3rd weight lifting workout of the week, which was my goal. I have one more day of intervals to get in (tomorrow) and will have met that goal too. Sunday will be my rest day (and Spike day).

I messed up on my calories yesterday. It was supposed to be a lower calorie day (around 1200), but I ended up at 1800+. Oops. My mistake was I ate dinner before checking to see where I was at or how many calories were in the stuffed peppers I made. I usually check before dinner every day so I know what I have to work with. Live and learn. I'm not too worried, I have been having some big burns this week, so being a little off of the daily cals is not going to make or break my plan.

Larry, good for you!!! Under your pre-piggout weight is amazing! Maybe you should look into the Spike Diet. It sounds as if your body responds well to a re-feeding.

Sum, those numbers are impressive. The inches are what everyone else sees, not the number on the scale, so I would take that and run with it!!!!! That must be why those smaller jeans are fitting you now!

Krystal, sorry the processed food is kicking your butt. Probably really salty and carby too, give yourself a few days to even back out. I have to officially face the scale on Sunday too and will be changing my ticker to whatever it says. Looking like it will be about 5-6 pounds up from my low, so BU friggin HU for me too :( I feel ya!

Love, this site give me loading problems too. This is the only site on the net that gives me issues, don't know what it is. I used to use Explorer which was terrible on this site and switched to Firefox which seemed to help for a while, but now I get loading issues occasionally. Not sure if the site gets bogged down or what. I have adblocker on so I don't think it is an ad issue. Any whoo, I hope your stomach issues are better soon!

Gina, WTG on the weight loss and reaching a new mini goal! Heading over to look at your pics now!

Have a great Friday everyone!

K9Owner
02-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Not too much damage: up 0.4. Could have been worse :(

jomatho
02-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Not too much damage: up 0.4. Could have been worse :(

That's great news!

alaskanlaughter
02-03-2012, 10:07 PM
maybe this will let me post today....its weird like that

ive been doing my running intervals all January and have held right about 200 lbs the whole time....finally got my ear infection cleared up and my hearing is back...have a tiny head cold right now but sudafed helps...since we've hit February i've upped the running distance again on intervals and also increased walking speed at the 15% incline, since that's the highest incline it will go...so i increased speed to make it harder again

have been eating well, keeping calories between 1200-1500 with a few days a little over that...i dont eat back my calories burned during working out...ive hit the gym most days of the week, with a 2-3 day break during the most painful part of my ear infection...right now the scale is at 197, hoping for 190 as my next goal

ive been getting alot of compliments lately...ppl at work telling me i look great...ppl at the gym telling me that i had a great workout...and several random ppl looking very shocked that i'm really 34 and have a teenager LOL apparently i look younger(?)

when i was in the emergency room with grandma and cousin adam, who is 18, (gramma was medivaced out, whole other story) the doctor thought i was adam's WIFE! lol nooo i'm old enough to be his mom almost

so grandma was medivaced out with a fractured leg (DH's mom) and is doing well, on the mend, at a physical rehab place in another city nearby

then MY mom was medivaced off the homestead up to the big city because of what doctors thought were kidney problems...after running her through the entire spectrum of testing, it turns out that there is nothing wrong with her (she is in her early 70s) and does not have kidney problems and eventually sent her back home to the homestead (a 7 hour drive from the big city through the mountains of alaska)

NSVs: my size 8-10 yoga pants are getting loose, my sweatpants are getting WAY too loose, and i bought tees in size 15/17 Juniors which i couldnt fit before, and i bought hoodies size XL instead of 2X which i wore last year....

hope the internet will let me on here again soon :)

forloveofself
02-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks Larry, hoping this will soon be resolved. You are doing so well. Congrats.

Hi Jo

princessgina you look great! Congratulations on your BMI goal.

NSV lost .5 inches from waist and .25 from underbust. Only 1.5 inches to go. I can feel and count individual ribs! Hoorah! I don't need to measure hips usually, as that's where I lose from first. I can feel hip bones at femur and inner thigh pelvic bones. I will not weigh until I get stomach issues resolved, I feel less puffy and therefore "feel" thin.

alaskan, congrats on your NSV

Have a great weekend everyone.

Sum38
02-04-2012, 08:53 AM
forloveofself and princessgina00 Awesome!!! :carrot:

I am glad you are doing better alaskan :hug:

Larry, I am being your dance partner; I lost 3 pounds yesterday. I knew I was retaining water.

I can't believe I really lost 3 pounds! -- 150 My lowest since i started this journey. -- I think I need to change my official weigh in date :dizzy: -- I tend to pig out on Tuesday and/or Wednesday and then hang on to sodium for a few days, and Friday has been my worst weigh in date during the whole month. Plus I seem to have ovulation and TOM weight issues on Fridays as well....oh well, it will all even out at the end :D

I am just SUPER happy :cloud9: about the new low.... I can't wait to see 140's...almost there :crossed:

So...I accidentally had a spike day this week... maybe it did the trick.

Plan for today;

~ eat OP :D
~ walk 7 miles

Everyone have a happy Saturday!:grouphug:

Larry H
02-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Larry, I am being your dance partner; I lost 3 pounds yesterday. I knew I was retaining water.

I can't believe I really lost 3 pounds! -- 150 My lowest since i started this journey. -- I think I need to change my official weigh in date :dizzy: -- I tend to pig out on Tuesday and/or Wednesday and then hang on to sodium for a few days, and Friday has been my worst weigh in date during the whole month. Plus I seem to have ovulation and TOM weight issues on Fridays as well....oh well, it will all even out at the end :D

I am just SUPER happy :cloud9: about the new low.... I can't wait to see 140's...almost there :crossed:

So...I accidentally had a spike day this week... maybe it did the trick.

Amazing!! Let's dance Sum :hug: :carrot:

I lost another 2 pounds today bringing me down to 210 :D:D:D

This makes 15 pounds lost in four days!:dizzy:

Color me very happy. Now I need to find out what the Spike Diet is. I have never heard of this one before.

Larry

Sum38
02-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Larry that is awesome!!!

Last time I lost a significant amount of weight was when I let myself eat what ever I wanted one day out of the week. -- Krystal can tell you more about the real Spike Day diet.

I think the point is to trick your system. This way your body never goes into starvation mode.

jomatho
02-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Morning everyone!

I got my running intervals in this morning followed by some steady state jogging. About 45 minutes worth for 600 calories, woohoo!
Tomorrow is my day off from working out and I am really looking forward to it!

Sum, I commented on MFP, but :woohoo: for you! I am so happy for you. Seeing a new low is so reinvigorating, makes you feel like you can conquer the world! Did you get some running in today like you planned?

Larry, :woohoo: for you too! You sure are on a roll. I am happy for you!

:wave: Hi to everyone else, gotta go get a hot shower, I have the post workout shivers :brr:

Sum38
02-04-2012, 01:26 PM
After our walk I was 149 pounds :eek:...I love when TOM leaves !!

Jo I tried running, again, yesterday, but the hardware on my ankle was hurting me. I really need to have the plate taken out :( They have to rebreak the bone and I would have to be placed in cast for 8 weeks...BUT we walked fast for 5 miles and incorporated some lunges in, 100 of them...now I am SORE!! So for now I will stick to walking. -- Hubby is so excited over my determination that he is coming up with different routines. He will start weight training me again....just wait, tomorrow i will be crying how sore my arms and abs are :D

So Jo doesn't it feel great to be back? By summer, all of should meet up and sun bathe in our tiny bikinis! (no thong for Larry :) :) , not that you could not wear one, but men just don't look the same in skimpy things as we women do :D :D)

jomatho
02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
After our walk I was 149 pounds :eek:...I love when TOM leaves !!

Jo I tried running, again, yesterday, but the hardware on my ankle was hurting me. I really need to have the plate taken out :( They have to rebreak the bone and I would have to be placed in cast for 8 weeks...BUT we walked fast for 5 miles and incorporated some lunges in, 100 of them...now I am SORE!! So for now I will stick to walking. -- Hubby is so excited over my determination that he is coming up with different routines. He will start weight training me again....just wait, tomorrow i will be crying how sore my arms and abs are :D

So Jo doesn't it feel great to be back? By summer, all of should meet up and sun bathe in our tiny bikinis! (no thong for Larry :) :) , not that you could not wear one, but men just don't look the same in skimpy things as we women do :D :D)

Sorry about your bum ankle, but good for you for finding other ways! I did 30 lunges each leg as part of my program this week. I think I did them on Wednesday and my @ss is still sore today!!! I had DH give me a massage Thursday night, but I woke up in the middle of the night with it aching, I had to get out of bed to take an advil! Talk about a weak @ss! I would never survive 100 of them. I'm already worried because I have to do that program again on Monday.
Oh, and :woohoo: on the 149 :D

YES! It feels amazing to be back in the swing of things and on plan this week! Thanks for asking.

princessgina00
02-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Sum, Forlove, and Larry :congrat: on your victories. I love losing weight (149! Awesome! 15 pounds in 4 days! Insane!), but I think I love losing inches even more. Alaskan, welcome back to health and I hope it continues. I'm currently gearing up for the Superbowl (:cheer3: Go Big Blue! :cheer3: Go Big Blue! :cheer3:) even though I'm celebrating alone. But, I will be munching on hot wings, pork rinds and cheese dip. Go Big Blue! :cheer3: What are your plans for tomorrow's national holiday? ;)

And :wave: to everyone else! Good luck and...GO BIG BLUE!!! :cheer3:

K9Owner
02-04-2012, 05:27 PM
No one invited me to the party :cry:

You guys ROCK! Seriously!! You are no longer "slow dancing". Good thing we're Freestylin for a while, otherwise, we may have a problem, Houston!! :lol:

SO, I FINALLY had a 1200 cal day this week and at WORK, of all places. For those of you that know me well, you'll appreciate the amount of growth there.
This was what compiled that 1200...

Peaches, Pineapple, Honeydew, Strawberries: 131
Grapes, NOW Green Monster, honeydew: 500
Fried Catfish (2 strips) Cottage Cheese w/peaches, TFM Trail Mix, Diet Coke, Russell Stover chocolate (1): 564
Total: 1195

When you have no loss on the scale, sometimes you have to take growth as a reward! This is one of those times. I was sooo tempted with junk food, :jeno: (my FAVE), and 3 boxes of chocolates--patients are soooooo nice to us sometimes (grrrrrr) :devil:

ALASKAN: I'm so glad to see you check in with us. I haven't been on FB to much. I'm too addicted to MFP. Glad to hear your infections are over and you can hear. That is marvelous!

LARRY: Our dear, sweet JOMATHO can tell us ALL about how SD works ;) I only have the cliffnotes :lol:

Tomorrow, DH wants to have a mini party for SB at our house. :yay: I am giving them a WHOLE bag of On the Border chips and the remaining 16oz of cheese dip :yay: Next time he sabotages my efforts, I WILL flush it down the disposal! I don't care who wins, the Broncos aren't there, so it makes me no difference. Have fun everyone!!

jomatho
02-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Just dropping by because I UPdated my ticker and I wanted to see how it looked. :cry:
I guess almost 6 pounds of the gain is true weight (I am up a little today from the other day of course). I am grateful some of it has come off and I am determined to get back down where I belong and below.
I also am very proud of my efforts this week and know they will pay off in the long run.
Spike Day today and rest day from working out :carrot:
ETA:, oh yeah, and I have decided I will not weigh again until next Sunday as long as I am on plan.

Sum38
02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
I am so happy you are back here Jo.

We went out to dinner last night, Mexican of course out of all places. I love Mexican food! -- My daughter had music competition about an hour away, I did not have lunch before we left and I was starving by the time we got back... I ate so much that my stomach hurt and I was feeling nauseous. -- BUT even after that heavy, sodium rich meal, which prompted me to keep drinking a ton of water all evening long; scale was only 151.5 this morning. I think I am truly heading under 150 pounds. Thank goodness!!

No walk today; rest day
We will do a little bit of weight training and abs today. My :drill: already informed me so :rofl: -- I love how my DH is motivating and supporting me....and he keeps telling me all the time what great progress I am making and how good I am looking.

I am pulling out all 8's today. My 10's are getting way too big. All jeans need belts to stay up. :dancer:

We are staying home for SB. Parties always mess me up. I will keep thinking about you Krystal and sending you some :dust:

Have a fab day! :D

Larry H
02-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Good morning all :coffee:

My weight loss is continuing??? I have no idea why but I am down another 2 pounds today!! No Sum I am not trying to fit into a thong. That sight would scare everyone including the dog :rofl:

I have now lost 17 pounds in the last 5 days :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

I am worrying that maybe I am getting dehydrated. However I am drinking lots of water and coffee so dehydration should not be the case.

I am very happy about my loss :D but I am getting very puzzled also. :?:

Larry

Sum38
02-06-2012, 08:32 AM
My scale was at 150.5 this morning...this is the week, I just know it! :jig:

I had perfect OP day yesterday. :angel:

Plan for today:

Walk 5-7 miles, no lunges!! :eek: My butt is SORE....I keep moaning each time i bend over or sit down. :dizzy: But it remains to be seen what my :drill: will make me do. :coach::coach::hyper::hyper:

Bfast:
Coffee w/cream
Purefit bar

Lunch:
Big salad w/3/4 pound of veggies,feta, chicken and dressing.

Dinner:
Left over tilapia w/rice and veggies

Calorie goal 1400-1500 with snacks

I cleaned downstairs yesterday and today I need to attack upstairs. We are leaving on Thursday afternoon and house sitter will be here for 10 days. ~ The bathrooms always give me a great workout.

Sum38
02-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Larry: I am so happy for you!! You must react to sodium like crazy. -- Nice to know that most of the weight was just "fake weight"! Keep hydrated tho! just stick with us, and that speedo thong is not that far off ;)

Krystal How did your party go? -- I have to admit I did not watch the game :o My son's team won and he was happy.

K9Owner
02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I'll tell you Jo and Kristiina, I thought of you the MOMENT I saw this commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EOttVmvZ0s) last night & :rofl: My friends thought I was INSANE!!!

K9Owner
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
So, the party was a BIG success. A couple friends of DH and my 2 nephews came over. We had such fun & with it being Spike Day…made it even better.
I was also celebrating 305 days of commitment to MFP and my goals, so I ran 4.6 miles. It was supposed to be 3.5, but I managed another mile :carrot: I was supposed to eat the cals back from that run (500+), but I was so flippin stuffed with 2530 cals, I couldn't force another bite.

Larry: Once again, you're diuresing quite nicely. I hope some of it is true "fat loss" this time!

Gina: Hope you had fun last night! The game was exciting to me & Madonna ROCKED it in her heels! OMG, what a bod at 50+!!!

JO: Man, I got back into daily weighing :devil: Not today though. I RARELY weigh after SD. It's just too much on my psyche. I did the 1st couple of times, just to see where I was…uhm, BAD choice!! :lol: What was on your SD menu? Mine was healthy save the game meal (baked potato casserole, 2 servings of rocky road ice cream and 2 servings of strawberry pudding cake). I had to FORCE the 2nd serving @ a whopping 420 cals!

Kristiina: I love Mexican food. I may use that next week for SD. I haven't had it in forever. What do you like? My fave is chicken nachos, bean dip (of course), and chicken/veggie fajitas!
:yay: for size 8. I haven't had jeans on since December. weird! But I haven't been anywhere to wear them. I've been in workout clothes and scrubs for a month. (Perk of being a RN, one of the few :lol: ) I hope you all have a great time skiing. I LOVE to ski, but haven't been for the past couple of yrs. I'm due to return. I'd like to go to Vail or Jackson Hole, WY. I had a cousin who lived in Denver for a few yrs. We went to visit her in the summer while she lived there. I should have made it a point to visit her in the winter to go skiing. She always tried to get us to come, but we never did. Now, she has returned to Atlanta :(

I'm considering joining a gym today.RARE. I know. The one who banned the gym in an effort to buy better food. But, the one I am considering is called ATC Fitness and the fee is $15/month without a contract.($25/month for unlimited tanning) I'm ALL about getting my tan on, just poolside :lol: The one I had been a member of was like $65/month, which was ridiculous! I want to start really lifting and sculpting my glutes and arms, and I don't want to purchase a house full of free weights! I'll keep you all posted :)
Have a fabulaire day!!

jomatho
02-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone, just checking in to say I survived the superbowl and got right back into routine today.
Walk is done, weight lifting is done. I am following "New Rules of Lifting for Women" and am just starting week 2.

Must have taken in my fair share of sodium yesterday because I sure felt puffy this morning! I guess I still do, but getting better. I know, drink drink drink.
I did not log my food yesterday, but it went something like this:
breakfast casserole (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, cheese)
a little leftover spaghetti with meatsauce
pizza rolls, probably about 10
meat/cheese dip with tortilla chips (small bowl of this)
spinach/artichoke dip with tortilla chips (two spoons of this)
buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips (two spoons of this)
unbreaded wings (about 5 tiny ones)
some peanut butter m&ms

I think that is it. That looks really awful now that I am writing it down. Talk about carb overload!!! I was calculating calories in my head until the game. I think I was around 3000, probably a little more. I still have a hard time not feeling guilty about spike days. I had a lot of guilt last night and still this morning. I had a fantastic sleep though and a great workout today, so my body seems happy.

Gotta run, back later. . .

forloveofself
02-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone, Larry, Princessg Cheers to great successess!

K9O, I'm glad you had a nice Super Bowl party. I watched intermittently. Yeah Giants!

Sum, mmm, yummy Mexican food!

Jo, I know how you feel about the carb overload, it was the same for me yesterday as all I wanted to eat was Wasa and cream cheese. or wheat toast and cream cheese, and if the health store had had it on Saturday, it would have added Ezeikel bread( at least those are good carbs). I did have some yogurt and stir fry veggies though. Still feeling puffy as well, but it is amazing how much more energised I feel when I'm not so out of sorts!

My IBS is begining to resolve since I started on the Probiotics/muliti enzymes two days ago. Things are finally moving along, and though I still have pain, it is a bit better. So that is encouraging. It will help make me more mindfull and not mindless of what I eat.

Only by doing my own research a couple of years ago I learnt that when one has their gall bladder removed, that it causes belly fat and additonal stomach discomfort, and that any fat, even the good kind needs to be processed by the action of the enzymes and bile salts lost when one no longer has a gall bladder! Arrgh! Then their are also issues with the stomach from fibro.
My gall bladder was removed 5 years ago, and things have gotten progressively worse, more so than when I had to take steroids for a short time years ago. I am hopeful that better times are ahead.

Walked Sunday and today. I will do the hand weights later.
Cals so far 1060. I will do stir fry later for dinner, 300-400 cals

'Bye for now

jomatho
02-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Hey, where is everyone???

I meant to get back here yesterday but got gobbled up by the world wide web and never made it back to this spot. I saw a quote the other day that said "a clean house is the sign of a broken computer" haha, that is sooo me.

So anyways, yesterday was good. Had to make it my 1600 day, which is alright because it was weight lifting day, gotta fuel those muscles.

Today I am shooting for 1200, but we will see if I make it.
Today is also fat burning day. After my walk, I will do my running intervals. Looking forward to them.

Good news is that I am not as sore today as I was last week after the workout that had the lunges in it, and I upped my weights so yay me!

I still have not weighed myself which feels sort of weird to me. I did almost hop on right before my shower mid morning yesterday out of habit, but I caught myself. I may weigh in before Sunday though, I don't know if I can make it.

Mmmmmm mexican food, don't get me started. I have one son that dislikes it, otherwise I would make half our meals mexican. When I go out, I usually get a beef chimichanga in all it's fried cheesy goodness. I only like it if it is chunks of beef from a roast though, not ground.
I am looking online for a recipe for the white cheese sauce (queso blanco) they serve around here, I love that stuff. I have a few that look promising, but haven't tried them yet. If anyone knows how to make it, let me know.

Have a good day everyone :wave:

K9Owner
02-07-2012, 09:18 AM
I didn't have an opportunity to post last night.
I joined another local gym for lifting and sculpting. :cheers: here's to a more muscular me!!
I am having terrible bouts of insomnia lately. I will go to bed around 11pm, get up at 2 or 2:30am, stay up til like 0630, then catnap--not really resting. My circadian rhythm is O*F*F! :devil:

I also have another issue. Approx 3 weeks ago, maybe 4, I went to bed fine & woke up with the right side of my upper lip HUGE! I iced it, took a Motrin and a Prednisone & in a few hours, it was down.

This morning, I woke up at 2, stayed up til 0530. I was fine--no issues. And I woke up at 0630 with my right lower lip beginning to swell up, just as the right upper one had done 4 weeks ago!!
This is extremely strange to me. IDK why this is happening!

jomatho
02-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I didn't have an opportunity to post last night.
I joined another local gym for lifting and sculpting. :cheers: here's to a more muscular me!!
I am having terrible bouts of insomnia lately. I will go to bed around 11pm, get up at 2 or 2:30am, stay up til like 0630, then catnap--not really resting. My circadian rhythm is O*F*F! :devil:

I also have another issue. Approx 3 weeks ago, maybe 4, I went to bed fine & woke up with the right side of my upper lip HUGE! I iced it, took a Motrin and a Prednisone & in a few hours, it was down.

This morning, I woke up at 2, stayed up til 0530. I was fine--no issues. And I woke up at 0630 with my right lower lip beginning to swell up, just as the right upper one had done 4 weeks ago!!
This is extremely strange to me. IDK why this is happening!

Weird!!!
Anything different? New foods? New chapstick or lipgloss? New detergent? Any new supplements?

alaskanlaughter
02-07-2012, 06:05 PM
krystal i noticed you hadnt been on facebook in awhile...that's where i usually hang out...and talk to most of my friends...also my dear friend in the village only has internet access, no phone at his cabin, no long distance at his sister's house etc...so really to visit we get on facebook

ive been doing the harder routine on the treadmill still and it's still tough LOL but at the end of the month, it will be do-able and i can make it harder again

weighed in at 195.8 after my workout this morning...lowest weight i think i've ever seen!! :)

K9Owner
02-07-2012, 08:24 PM
weighed in at 195.8 after my workout this morning...lowest weight i think i've ever seen!! :)

This is the BEST news I've heard all day! :carrot:
Go Alaskan!!!!

K9Owner
02-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Weird!!!
Anything different? New foods? New chapstick or lipgloss? New detergent? Any new supplements?

Negative on the chapstick/gloss, detergent, and supplements.
I don't remember eating anything new & the last time this happened, I know for sure I hadn't had any new foods. The first time, I looked like this Pic of Upper Lip (not me). (http://justwethreepluszero.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-woke-up-with-fat-lip.html)
Today, it was on the right side ONLY of my lower lip.

So weird!!

Luckily for me, I had some Prednisone and took it with an NSAID and both times, the swelling was gone within a couple hours (not days) as has been reported by some people online!

K9Owner
02-08-2012, 01:33 AM
So today was another beautifully OP day for me (1400 cal day with plenty of fruit and a salad for dinner)
I did a circuit fit test at the gym and it nearly wiped me out--yes me, the one who has been die hard BodyRock/runner/you name it! It was that dang stair-stepper the 1st 15 min of the circuit that :kickbutt:
Check out this convo between me and the fit test girl/trainer at the gym:

Her: Do you know what this is?
Me: Unfortunately! I DESPISE this machine.
Her: Well, I want you to warm up on it for 15 min. You don't have to kill it. You can kill it the last 30 min of the circuit on the :tread: if you want. I just want you to get your heart rate up.
Me: ok
Her: You know, they designed this machine to keep people's glutes tight and up where they ought to be. No one likes to see anyone walking around with a saggy @$$!!
Me: :rofl: (seriously, I couldn't stop laughing at her commie!!)

Another convo we had at the beginning of this "Fit Test" was this:
Her: We are going to do your measurements first.
Her: (walking towards a manual body scale) How tall are you? And do you know about how much you weigh?
Me: 5'3.5" and I weighed 145.6 before I left the house. (before clothes and drinking a protein shake)
Her: Well, our scales run a little higher than people's at home.
*I get up on the scale..She goes past 145 to 147 then 149.
Me: If you EVEN think about STOPPING this scale on 148, I will throw it through the front door!!!
Her: (moving it to 147.5) Well, you're 147.5 according to this one. Why do you say that?
Me: (shaking my head) Do you know HOW LONG I've been working to get off of this plateau of 148?? 6 MONTHS!!! I finally broke it, and you're telling me I'm STILL there!!! NO FRIGGIN WAY!!

If I hadn't just downed a 16 oz protein shake and had on clothes, I would have felt so defeated. But I gave that the benefit of the doubt for the extra 2 lbs.

@ the end of the circuit--before I left--she said, "Do me this one thing and make me a promise." I'm like. "What is it?" She said, "Do not weigh yourself everyday. The tape is much more effective."
LADY!!! Do you realize what you're asking me?? (that's what I'm thinking, right!)
I said, "Well, my weigh in day is Friday. I weigh EVERY Friday. & since I've been spiking, I weigh on Wednesday's b/c that's when I see the drop from my Spike Day. Before spike, I had stopped weighing every day. But since I am seeing movement on the scale again, it's nice to see even a 0.4 lb loss"

I think she seriously thought she was talking to a NEWBIE! It's NOT St. Patrick's Day, and I WAS NOT wearing GREEN!

jomatho
02-08-2012, 08:08 AM
So today was another beautifully OP day for me (1400 cal day with plenty of fruit and a salad for dinner)
I did a circuit fit test at the gym and it nearly wiped me out--yes me, the one who has been die hard BodyRock/runner/you name it! It was that dang stair-stepper the 1st 15 min of the circuit that :kickbutt:
Check out this convo between me and the fit test girl/trainer at the gym:

Her: Do you know what this is?
Me: Unfortunately! I DESPISE this machine.
Her: Well, I want you to warm up on it for 15 min. You don't have to kill it. You can kill it the last 30 min of the circuit on the :tread: if you want. I just want you to get your heart rate up.
Her: You know, they designed this machine to keep people's glutes tight and up where they ought to be. No one likes to see anyone walking around with a saggy @$$!!
Me: :rofl: (seriously, I couldn't stop laughing at her commie!!)

Another convo we had at the beginning of this "Fit Test" was this:
Her: We are going to do your measurements first.
Her: (walking towards a manual body scale) How tall are you? And do you know about how much you weigh?
Me: 5'3.5" and I weighed 145.6 before I left the house. (before clothes and drinking a protein shake)
Her: Well, our scales run a little higher than people's at home.
*I get up on the scale..She goes past 145 to 147 then 149.
Me: If you EVEN think about STOPPING this scale on 148, I will throw it through the front door!!!
Her: (moving it to 147.5) Well, you're 147.5 according to this one. Why do you say that?
Me: (shaking my head) Do you know HOW LONG I've been working to get off of this plateau of 148?? 6 MONTHS!!! I finally broke it, and you're telling me I'm STILL there!!! NO FRIGGIN WAY!!

If I hadn't just downed a 16 oz protein shake and had on clothes, I would have felt so defeated. But I gave that the benefit of the doubt for the extra 2 lbs.

@ the end of the circuit--before I left--she said, "Do me this one thing and make me a promise." I'm like. "What is it?" She said, "Do not weigh yourself everyday. The tape is much more effective."
LADY!!! Do you realize what you're asking me?? (that's what I'm thinking, right!)
I said, "Well, my weigh in day is Friday. I weigh EVERY Friday. & since I've been spiking, I weigh on Wednesday's b/c that's when I see the drop from my Spike Day. Before spike, I had stopped weighing every day. But since I am seeing movement on the scale again, it's nice to see even a 0.4 lb loss"

I think she seriously thought she was talking to a NEWBIE! It's NOT St. Patrick's Day, and I WAS NOT wearing GREEN!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall! I am assuming she had the perfect uplifted behind and was at the perfect weight and had never struggled with her weight before, right?
btw, have to confess I weighed myself this morning :rofl: Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

jomatho
02-08-2012, 08:10 AM

:woohoo:

This is fantastic! WTG!

jomatho
02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Morning!

Had a great day yesterday although, my calories came in at 1400 instead of 1200, but it's all good, still a good deficit. The running intervals felt great. Nothing like a good sweat. Nothing like running really.

Today is walking and then weight lifting. Plan to up all my weights again.

And yes, I confess, I stepped on the scale today. I am at break even from before spiking, so I hope to lose some poundage in the next few days. Trying to decide whether to spike on Sunday again which would be 7 days, or switch it back to Saturday which I prefer, but that would only be 6 days, hmmm.

K9Owner
02-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Morning all :wave:
I went to bed at 0130, no issues. Slept fine. Woke up--BIG right lower lip!! :tantrum:
I can't live on Prednisone!

forloveofself
02-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Hello Everyone, Thinking of the missing like Isabella
Second day on plan this week. Just under 1300 cals today

Jo, it took me a while when I first started my journey to not weigh myself daily, but then, it was a pleasure, at least the weekly weigh ins, as I was losing 2lbs plus a week without fail---of course until after the first 12lbs, and the slow down, about the time I joined 3FC. Now it's too upsetting, so I look for NSVs instead.

K9O]I think she seriously thought she was talking to a NEWBIE! It's NOT St. Patrick's Day, and I WAS NOT wearing GREEN!
Ha ha!
Funny, I had a sprited 'phone chat with the Blue Cross nurse nutritionist the afternoon (required to talk to her twice as per our policy renewal). She said she was glad I know my body so well, as some people don't. I talk to her again on 3/7.

This thought just ocurred to me, if you start a new thread middle month, it will be on Valentines Day :heart

Take care everyone

Sum38
02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
On our way.....woo-hoo!
Our car had a mishap 5 minutes before we were to take off......$661 later, and 2 hours behind schedule, we are happily driving on.

My calories are super low...I mostly ate veggies and fruits.

Official weight was 150. 3 poundsess from week ago.

I will.do personals once we arrive tomorrow...

K9Owner
02-10-2012, 03:28 AM
Thursday could have not been any more PERFECT! Completely OP & my thyroid is working up to par-I had it checked after the lip episode and a few other symptoms I am having.

Anywho....

Thursday's KILLER Day
Grapes: 76
Turkey Bacon (2), Raisin Bread (1), FF Cheese Omelet, Coffee:
Fage' Greek Yogurt, 1/2 Cauliflower Crusted Pizza: 400
Honeydew Melon, Granola: 105
PB Nana Oats, Trail Mix: 355
Total: 1237

Exercise: I KILLED it at the gym tonight for over 1 hr and 40 minutes, plus I walked my K9s earlier in the day for 30 minutes: 685 {HRM}
Water: 88 oz

If ALL of my 1200 cal days could be this wonderful, I'd be one skinny chic!!!

I had to step on the :goodscale a day early, just to see where I was this week. I work tomorrow night and Saturday, so I thought the weigh-in might be skewed a little bit. I felt as though I had lost weigh in my belly, despite TOM making an entrance yesterday.
:fr: I was down 2.6 lbs from last Friday's weigh in!!! :fr:

OK, I'm not getting just super excited yet. I need another day's reading at 143 before I believe it!!

KRISTIINA: I really hope you and your family enjoy JH, WY. My sis and her family went there a couple yrs ago and LOVED it! They stayed in a cabin and there was snow everywhere!! :snow4:

LOS: I'm thinking of something catchy for VDAY for this thread. Hmmmmm.... we'll see!! :val1:

JO: I've flip-flopped my Sat/Sun Spike Days & it made absolutely no difference with my weight loss. I really think last week's weigh in was just a blip, b/c I've NEVER lost 2.6 lbs in a week! We'll see what I am tomorrow afternoon. Jason spikes for 3 days, & his losses are incredible! Of course, he does IF during the week, something I have YET to master!! Only if I'm sleeping!! :lol:

jomatho
02-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Morning! Some time for catching up:

Sum, have a glorious time on your vacation!!! And congrats on the 150 again. Maybe if you are really good, you will be in the 140s when you get back because you will be mixing it up with the food and activities :crossed:

K9, oh happy day! That is a wonderful week, I truly hope is sticks for you and I bet it will, you are just killing it with the nutrition and workouts. I will miss you when you work this weekend!!! I always worry about my thyroid too (and BS), but every year, it all checks out fine. All the other women in my family have thyroid issues since they were young 30s and mine keeps chugging along somehow. I did find out that my vit D was low, so I am now upping my supplements for that. I looked up symptoms of low D and I was shaking my head, yup I have that and that and that. . . I am also still struggling with my cholesterol but that is a whole other story. Hoping the rest of this journey may help more with that. Hows your lip today?

Larry, hows it going this week?

Forloveofself, I didn't make it very long staying off the scale :lol: I love NSVs, but I am addicted to that darn number and more days than not it frustrates me so I don't know why I do it. Sigh.

Wheres Princess???

:wave: hi Alaskan! Congrats again on your low!!!

jomatho
02-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Yesterdays recap:

Walked 65 minutes with friend and then did my running intervals on the treadmill. I was supposed to do steady state cardio after the intervals but I was pooped and knew I had a busy running around day so I quit there. Good enough.

Today, my friend cannot walk, so I may just do my weight workout and then count housecleaning as my cardio. I have a lot of cleaning to do, at least a couple hours so it should suffice. I am tired this week and trying to listen to my body.

Not having a good weightloss week. Not only have I not lost anything yet this week, but I am UP 1.4 pounds again today. I have been doing everything right as far as calories and workouts, so I am trying to not let it bother me. I am ovulating this week too and I know that is probably the culprit. I keep searching the threads for other women that gain during ovulation to make me feel better. So in my head I know it will be a wash this week, but in my heart I want to lose a little something for my efforts the last two weeks. Oh well, I will push on. Not going to let the scale ruin me. I do wonder if I am eating enough even with spiking so I will be going back and looking at what I am burning daily, what I am eating during the week and on spike day to see what my deficit is per week. Not sure if I will be ready to spike yet tomorrow, so I may keep it at Sunday for this week. Ok, enough of my complaining, time to get moving. . .

alaskanlaughter
02-10-2012, 08:23 PM
hi everyone :) i worked out for 4 days this week and took today off because i had a morning brunch/meeting...i am SORE from the harder workout too lol...weight up a bit to 198, probably from the workouts...also been wanting salt and carbs, weird, been keeping it under control but still...had more sugar than i need today

forloveofself
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Hello Everyone,
Great cycle day today 1750 cals and keeping my fingers crossed and my lips pursed so that no more than 1400 cals pass them tomorrow. Prayers help too :) I felt that some of the water weight left me now that my IBS is better controlled, but I weighed in at 179 this a.m. At least no gain.

Sum, Have a great trip. The last time I was at a ski lodge was in the Sandia Mts of New Mexico in 2007. I've never gotten the hang of skiing, (started learing at 22 and fell on my bum far too many times--- not good for my dignity :). But watching others from the saftey and warmth of a lodge works for me. I especialy like to watch the snow boarders. I did like snowshoeing for a little while, having control on terra firma (or is it snow firma :)) is best for me. When I was in Silverton in Colordo in 2011 I was very near Shawn Whites' Training grounds. That would have been so cool to watch pro snoboarders train, if it were open to the public. You can only get there by helicoptor or snowmobile.

Jo, Great long walk! The past three days were great with the mild weather, puppy and I did 2 miles for three days, but now the snow is back, so doing my walking inside again. Can hardly wait 'til early March to fly away from the cold.
(added bonus of Florida is all that humidity will help cleanse the pores and get rid of water weight! ;)

Krystal, I'm sure you will come up with a clever title for the new thread :)
Good workout, great cals, and super on the scale numbers! There is hope for us all who have not see the numbers move in ages.

alaskan, Even when we know it's water weight, it is a bit discouraging, but I know you will have 195 back soon.

Hi Larry, princess, Isabella, Georgia, and all the missing here.
Have a great weekend!

Sum38
02-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Good morning from glorious winter Park. As I admire the beautiful mountain view, right outside of the condo we have a moose couple enjoying their breakfast...

I am determined to stay OP all week, except for the spike day. I brought all food from house, and since I don't ski, I will only eat out once this week :carrot:

I will get some GOOD hiking in, I found nice trails.

I don't have a scale, feel naked :D

Sum38
02-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I am going to try something new.

I have been stuck at 150-153 pounds over a month now, even though I have walked 120 miles per month and eaten OP for 85% of the time, and even the non OP days; most were not over my regular calorie need goal.

I have been quite low on carbs and heavy on protein. -- So I am changing things a bit.

I will follow, essentially, raw food diet 3 days per week (Tu, Th and Sun). I will have some yogurt and peanut butter, and perhaps string cheese addition to fruits and veggies. I will aim for 200 carbs, but none of those will come from starch. -- I will aim for higher monounsaturated fat on those days; I will have 1 avocado and use olive oil as salad dressing.

The other three days ; Mo, Wed and Fri, I will follow lower carb (70-95), higher protein (80-120) and 1400-1500 calorie diet.

The last remaining day will be my fat day, spike day.

I need to trick my system again.

I am off to a nice hike; 1300 foot climb throughy snowy mountains :) Should do wonders for my butt!

BBL for personals.

princessgina00
02-12-2012, 01:30 AM
I am so bored with eating. So bored with my eating plan. I'm just...SO...BORED. And it's TOM. And I want some pizza. And I am just really bored right now. I've also erased most of the lost from my BEST WEEK EVER and am back up to 189. Just, so bored. Has anyone else experienced an overwhelming feeling of boredom and what did you do to overcome it. I'm so bored, I don't even feel like eating. I'm just really bored right now. So freaking BORED!

K9Owner
02-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I am so bored with eating. So bored with my eating plan. I'm just...SO...BORED. And it's TOM. And I want some pizza. And I am just really bored right now. I've also erased most of the lost from my BEST WEEK EVER and am back up to 189. Just, so bored. Has anyone else experienced an overwhelming feeling of boredom and what did you do to overcome it. I'm so bored, I don't even feel like eating. I'm just really bored right now. So freaking BORED!

Since Dec 30, when I started seriously "spiking", I am NEVER bored with eating!!!
When I joined the gym last week, I kicked my workouts up by 80% and now workout about 1hr40min compared to 1 hr. I have yet to get bored..

When many people were telling me I needed a "Diet Break"..1st, I reminded them I am NEVER on a diet. Then, I signed up to run a 1/2 Mary-Let the training BEGIN.

It's all in perspective, Gina. Life is all about perspective.

Is the glass 1/2 full all the time or is it sometimes 1/2 empty?

:dust: to get you back on track and out of this funk!!!

forloveofself
02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Princessg, The feelings of being tired of trying come and go with most if not all of us, I think, but look at how far you have come? This is a lifechange for you, you are going to have feelings of euphoria and lows, sometimes both in the same day, several times a day!
I'm a glass half full kind of girl, so I try to feel the upset in the moment, then I move on. It will get better, and you are already in a better place.

This place is a great outlet for feelings! (Rhetorical, I know all of you here already know that) :)

Sum, Isn't it just wonderful seeing wildlife? :) Good luck with your new tactics.
Hello Krystal, Jo, Larry, alaskan, and all the missing

K9Owner
02-13-2012, 08:12 AM
GM all :wave:
Gosh, when I work a couple days back to back, I really miss being here. I feel like I miss "my life". Ok, that's a little sad, b/c this site is not my "life", but I do miss being in each of your lives.

Ok, so I had a fabulous weekend. I worked it, but I had great patients. It was uneventful, so I can't complain.

Now that I have gotten into a routine of staying OP at work, it is so much easier for me. I never thought it would be so easy to stay OP while at work, but the old saying "it's easier to stay OP than getting back OP" is so TRUE!

I am also really loving going to the gym and getting some free weight training in. I ordered the books: "New Rules of Lifting for Women & New Rules of Lifting for ABS". I am SUPER pumped to do the ab routine. I saw a preview of it on youtube. It's supposed to save your back! We shall see. You guys know I need all the back-saving advantages I can find!!

Another great thing that has happened to me is that somehow little ole me has inspired so many of my colleagues to join MFP! I just told them about it and they were able to see my progress on there and were excited to start. I feed off of stuff like this. The sad thing is that when their initial fire runs out, I will get an adrenaline high off of it and pursue my goals even more. I don't know what makes me this way. It is very disturbing!

Does anyone have any Valentine's plans?? :val1:
DH wanted to go to dinner next Sunday on my Spike Day, but we'll see. He always wants to go out to eat, despite me being a pretty good cook. I don't get it. I think he is just obsessed with someone waiting on him!! :lol:

Try to stay OP everyone and HAPPi MONDAy!

jomatho
02-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Good Monday morning everyone :wave:
Sorry I was MIA this weekend, we went out of town and I didn't log or check in. I spiked Saturday and just did the best I could in my head yesterday. Back on track today, although I really don't feel like working out today. My friend is still out of town and it is freezing out, so I didn't walk. I think that is the push to get me motivated every day and I didn't have that today, so now I feel unmotivated.
It is weight lifting day (NROLW), so I will for sure do that, but not sure I will do anything else. I took the weekend off from exercise due to being gone and also felt I needed to listen to the sore muscles and joints, but now today I don't feel like getting back into it. I'll get there eventually. Need a fire under my butt or something. I avoided the scale like the plague this morning due to the weekend being weird.
We were talking about our spring break plans this weekend :eek: I thought I would be so much farther along than this, but I just keep thinking about where I was last year, so I am trying to keep that in perspective. It's all good.
I am starving right now, I hope that is not a sign of how the day is going to be. Uh oh. . .

Sum38
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Hi....
Beautiful morning here in CO.
I must say, Winter Park is not my favorite resort.
We started going out west when my DS was 8 years old. We have gone to Steamboat 2 times, jackson hole 1 time and whistler 3 times. Whistler is definitely the best out of all places we have skied.

I love driving to vacations! Krystal, I am petrified eating out....luckily my DH traveled 16 years and ate out each meal, so he is so happy to have home cooked meals. I packed EVERYTHING for this trip, I don't think I need to eat out at all.

Jo, need to get your mojo back! But I have learned if I push too hard, I get super tired. Take a rest for a few days.

Krystal, I meant to tell u long time ago, that mm commercial is a hoot.....your friends must think that your online friends are nuts......hehe! I am so proud and envious of your progress! You motivate me beyond belief!

Gina, I have hit many of those slumps :( I know it is easy to say not to give up, just remember we are here for you and understand you 100%! Just stick with us. I was in a slump until I started getting inspired by Krystal. She is same height as I am and not too far off from my weight..... I can relate to her more than I can relate to my real life friends...none of my real life friends are as motivated as she is, with same stats as I have. (hug)

Hi Love and Larry! Actually where is Larry? I hope he did not fall off the wagon again and is hiding!!

Okay....off to my torture vacation...lol....I am hiking my butt off...literally...lol dH looked at me yesterday and said my belly is getting smaller! Yay! My snow pants needed a belt yesterday.

I may have missed some, sorry :( I am using iPad and phone, so it is not as comfortable as my laptop.

alaskanlaughter
02-13-2012, 09:01 PM
i think it will let me post today...have been sticking to my workouts and trying not too eat too much..been very hungry the last few days...need to get back in control of that hunger...still hovering between 195-200, each day is a little different..nothing much else going on here

hello to everyone! :)

K9Owner
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Here's the new thread
For Love of Self (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/252869-slow-dancing-stranger-8-love-self.html#post4215781)