Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #1  
thinagain

S/C/G: 237/213/120

Height: 5'4

Default anybody watch my 600 pd life?

just got finished watching it. what an inspirational story that alot of us can relate to. this documentary was so similar to emotional eating and was very similar to me eventhough i just started at 237. this lady was so happy she could walk down the stairs with no handrail or could fit in a car. this was a great show. i so empathize with her situation, eating out of emotion, and then eating because your depressed about your weight. it's and endless vicious circle.

so far just losing 21 pounds, i have so much more energy. I fit in the bathtub easier and last BUT not least,,,,it only takes one hand to lift me when sitting on the floor(it use to take 2). i didn't realize these changes til they happened.
wonder what the future holds...

luvs to all my weightloss buddies!!!! the sky's the limit!!!!
nicolebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I was going to watch it but my husband insisted on watching something else. I saw a commercial for it and she looks amazing now!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Unfortunately I missed it but I am glad the lady is feeling better and doing well.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #4  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

deffinately something to stream online later.

=) i've heard good things
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post
deffinately something to stream online later.

=) i've heard good things
Oh yes, I hope I can find it online somewhere in the future. I would love to see it.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #6  
Becoming a better me

S/C/G: 383.9/351.5/190

Height: 5'7"

I thought her story was a great motivation. She dealt with a lot in the time following her surgery, but in the end achieved her goals. Ill have to admit I teared up a few times while watching because a couple things hit a little close to home
rj923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj923 View Post
I thought her story was a great motivation. She dealt with a lot in the time following her surgery, but in the end achieved her goals. Ill have to admit I teared up a few times while watching because a couple things hit a little close to home
I saw a clip of her in the grocery store shopping when some unthinking man made a comment to her regarding her weight and her scooter. I felt so bad for her and I totally knew how she was feeling. I have had hurtful comments directed towards me regarding my weight when the people saying them thought they were being funny.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #8  
Becoming a better me

S/C/G: 383.9/351.5/190

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
I saw a clip of her in the grocery store shopping when some unthinking man made a comment to her regarding her weight and her scooter. I felt so bad for her and I totally knew how she was feeling. I have had hurtful comments directed towards me regarding my weight when the people saying them thought they were being funny.
That was the part that bothered me the most. Ive almost come to expect it from young people, but a 70 year old guy? Ridiculous. Some people are just so inconsiderate!
rj923 is offline   Reply With Quote