Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default And the journey begins....

I've been lurking around here for a few months - getting more and more inspiration each day. I've been "overweight" for most of my life and would like that to stop. I feel like I wasted a lot of my earlier years being overweight. It prevented me from doing so many things in life that I would have done if not for feeling the way I've felt.

I've finally decided to make a change for myself. I have 2 little girls. I want them to grow up feeling confident and understanding the importance of health and fitness. I also do not want to miss out on doing things with them (they are 2 little bundles of energy!).

Phew! Writing this down feels like a huge burden off my shoulders. I finally made the move to join a gym last October.

I sure hope I'll have some friends who have just started this journey too to cheer me on and for me to cheer on on this journey.

Here's to losing 70 pounds, 1 pound at a time.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #2  
It's full of stars!

S/C/G: 145/142/120

Height: 5"0'

good luck! I'm so happy you're here to record your progress. you can do it!
atomictronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #3  

Thank you for that
That's what it's all about for me - being able to record it and being accountable "publicly"!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #4  
Lord of the Jeans

Height: 5'4''

You have a great attitude...keep up the good work! We're all in this together
leaningonthelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #5  

Thank you - you're right! We're in this together - it's great not feeling alone about it when you're surrounded by lots of slim friends in life.

I'll be tracking your progress and following your lead since you are going at the pace that I'd love to be going at
Old 02-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Saisha, welcome, glad to have you join us. I suggest you look for a Challenge or Support group to join; small check-in groups make it easier to connect, get involved, and be accountable. We have groups centering around specific diet plans, themes, or age groups, so find one that inspires you and just post to join!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 232.8/226/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Same Goal Weight!

Hi Salisha!
I started Ideal a week ago (currently on day 9) and you and I are about the same weight now with the same end goal weight.. I look forward to hearing your progress and hope that we can become a support network for eachother! I am amazed at my results currently (week 1: -6.8 and 7.5 inches!) and can't wait for the weeks to come! I, like you, have small children and see the importance of doing this for them. My family is now very conscious of good and bad choices and it feels really good..
Good luck on your journey~ you can do it!!!
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisha View Post
I've been lurking around here for a few months - getting more and more inspiration each day. I've been "overweight" for most of my life and would like that to stop. I feel like I wasted a lot of my earlier years being overweight. It prevented me from doing so many things in life that I would have done if not for feeling the way I've felt.

I've finally decided to make a change for myself. I have 2 little girls. I want them to grow up feeling confident and understanding the importance of health and fitness. I also do not want to miss out on doing things with them (they are 2 little bundles of energy!).

Phew! Writing this down feels like a huge burden off my shoulders. I finally made the move to join a gym last October.

I sure hope I'll have some friends who have just started this journey too to cheer me on and for me to cheer on on this journey.

Here's to losing 70 pounds, 1 pound at a time.
triplelma is offline   Reply With Quote