LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers February 2012

View Full Version : Friends and Losers February 2012

Mama Nicole
02-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Yowza.......I had a 3.8 loss this week!!!! That makes me very happy .

Katie...so good to see you back, girl.

Oopsie...I guess this should go on a Feb thread. I will copy and paste it >

aguerin
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Nice Job Nichole! That is awesome. Do you want to share some tips with us?

I;'m still stuck on 7 lbs for the last few days, but it is TOM so I guess I shouldn't be complaining.

Welcome to February ladies. Resolve to stick to the decisions you made for changing your life and taking control in January. Lets see some major WL this month!

Repo girl
02-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Way to go Nicole!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Mama Nicole
02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Awww, see, I knew we needed Katie :)

Amy....just remember.....you are healthy....and that, my friend, is a beautiful thing.

WTF is Jillian?

CeciliaAnn
02-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Nice job Nicole!!

If your staying even during TOM then you will for sure have a loss after!! I always try to remember that but it's sooo hard because there is this voice saying.. you need to eat.. lots and everything you see! HA! You

I just wanted to share.. this time around feels so different for me! I haven't been having cravings.. food has not been haunting me and I feel good. I mean working out is still hard but it feels good. There are a lot of reasons I am sure.. One is you ladies.. two is myfitnesspal app!! GET IT!! We can all keep eachother accountable and be mobile! I love it! Three.. I guess I just know it needs to be done. : ) We are going to Mexico in March or April ( haven't bought tickets yet) and I want to be swimsuit ready too. I am sooo excited! It is my first real vaca with the BF! WHOOP!

Anyway, I am going to try and check in here once a day and try to keep up with the losers thread. Let me know if you guys decide on a challenge! I am totally up for it!

Where is Jillian!? I was hoping to say hi!
All of you ladies have a woderful day! Let's stay POP! : )

Mama Nicole
02-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Cecilia...I just installed myfitnessapp. It is really cool. Thanks.

CeciliaAnn
02-02-2012, 02:43 PM
What is your user name?

PS. I forgot to say this but I am down 6 lbs total in 11 days. WHOOP! Even with the new scale! I feel pretty good about that!!

Where is everyone??!!

aguerin
02-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Wow not much going on in here the last two days. Still not much of a loss for me, but not a gain either.

Tonight I am having a ladies night out. We are going to a Miranda Lambert Concert - 3rd Row Seats! I'm so excited.

I expect to be at least a lb lighter by Monday the 6th. Thats my goal. 2/2 = 145. 2/6 = 144. So let it be said, so let it be written. I should really be given 2 since TOM will be over and it will be catch up.

Celia: Whoo Hoo Mexico? That sounds great! What motivation to stay focused.

bizlawchik
02-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Happy February! Sorry I've missed a few days, but end of month means inventory and a whole bunch of other crap at work.

I am so happy to see you back Amy! And thank you for the kind words :)

And Katie... the day before you posted, I had just checked 3FC to see if you were active in any boards. ooohhhhh ... creepy!!! But I am so heppy to see you too! You were one of my big motivators when I started here.

Now we need to hunt down Lea Ann and Debra.

Long days mean I haven't been eating great, but I haven't gone over, either. I need to stop and get my fruits and veggies in. The last two days of the month and the first two just kick my butt with paperwork.

Amy - Have fun at the concert! I'm jealous :) Maybe you'll get a surprise appearance by Blake - he's so hot

Cecil - got it... doing myfitnesspal app now

Nicole - Wow!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
02-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Good Thursday evening everybody!! On a non-diet topic, I went back to the ENT today for my MRI results and everythings normal, no tumor on my auditory nerve so wooo hooo BUT still have no answers as to why I'm having hearing issues.
Now to the weight loss topic. I've been losing, just a little more slowly than I'd wish for and its been frustrating. Well this afternoon I was Googling side effects of prednisone and weight gain was at the top of the list. I've been on prednisone for 3 out of the last 4 weeks soooo I guess any weight loss that I've had has been hard earned so I'll take it!
I took my last pill this morning so we'll see how things go now!!
Keep up the good work everybody!! Here's to a happy and healthy new year!!!

bizlawchik
02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi Kim! Great news on the MRI. And I could have told ya about the prednisone! In fact, I think if you search the OLD OLD threads there's one where I gained 5 or more lbs between a monday and wednesday visit to the COD while being POP due to prednisone. It is not a fat girl's friend at all! Are you taking the prednisone because of an ENT issue? I'm just thinking that there must be some sort of yuckiness in there which has to be affecting your hearing. Any chance its related? I almost hope it is just so you know and it can be fixed. I will be thinking about you!:hug:

MomOfThreeTeens
02-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Happy Friday everybody!!!!
Cassie-I think I remember that now that you brought it up. And yes, I was taking the prednisone for the ear issue. I think at this point they're trying to just rule things out since they don't know whats going on. They thought it was just eustachian tube dysfunction because it all started with an ear infection in November that I couldnt get rid of. Then they mentioned an autoimmune issue so thats where the prednisone came in! I told hubby last night I'm not taking any more unless they tell me I'm going to go deaf without it! Ugh!

Nicole-way to go girl!!

Amy enjoy the concert!

Katie!!! Great to "see" you!

Cecilia-Keep up the good work girl!!

CeciliaAnn
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi Ladies!!

Oooohh Amy! Miranda Lambert! That will be fun! Blake is really hot! Can't wait for the voice again! HA!

Kim, glad to hear the MRI results were fine. I knew the predinisone thing too.. I have asthma and have had to deal with it. : ( What a bummer! So you obviously have been working hard!! GREAT JOB!

Anyone who got the App ( Nicole and Cassi ) tell me your user name so we can be friends!! : ) My user name is Ceciliaann80 if you want to request me!!

Off to Minneapolis for a concert this weekend! Not going to drink.. I am sober 11 days as of right now.. tough stuff! HA! Hopefully I will stay POP. I for sure plan too!

I am down a total of 7 lbs!! WHOOP!
Start- 240
Now - 233
Goal - 150

Oof reality check when typing that.. ha ha! have a great weekend ladies! I will be back to check in Monday!!

Mama Nicole
02-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Kim......thank God for no tumors!!!! You must be sooo frustrated. Not being able to hear can make you very lonely. I am sure you will get some answers and help soon. It is good you are taking care of your health in other ways too. It always helps.

Cecilia...I think my user name is mamanicole5. I put the info in my phone and haven't typed it again since. I will try and check it later :).

I am happy to report that I am down 0.6 lbs since my Wed. WI. Yay. After seeing how miserable my Dad is, I am vowing to do everything in my power to take good care of myself so my kids don't have to cry so much.

Ok, I have a lot of work to do today.....trying to sell a house with 5 kids in it is such a chore. I should post a link of my house....do you ladies remember when I was dreaming up my kitchen remodel? Well, it actually did get done, and it is beautiful, and I cannot believe I have to leave it.

Ok, really getting to work now.
xoxo

Mama Nicole
02-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Nice work, Cecilia. You can stay sober over the weekend. Your body will thank you :). Have a blast...and remember...if you indulge....just enjoy a few tastes..........we fat girls seem to think you have to eat the whole thing to enjoy it....and that is just simply not true. Have fun.

Angie
02-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Nicole -- Great loss last week! The sclae has been good to you :)

Amy -- Me too, TOM has had me stalled for a few days...hoping to move foward tomorrow.

Cecelia -- Great job on your 6lbs! Mexico sounds great :banana: we will be in Disney in April, I can hardly wait :) I'd like to be more swimsuit ready than I am today...I think I can pull off 15lbs by then. I hope!

Katie -- Good job in not going over on your long days, that's not easy.

Kim -- I hope that the weight loss gods smile on you now that you are done with the prednisone! So happy to hear you are tumor free :) I wonder what else could be impacting your hearing?

Have a blast...and remember...if you indulge....just enjoy a few tastes..........we fat girls seem to think you have to eat the whole thing to enjoy it....and that is just simply not true.
lol -- so true (of me anyway!)

Joni135
02-04-2012, 06:19 AM
Happy Saturday! Up early and trying to download My Fitness Pal to my iphone...wonder why it's taking so long. I truly am a Smart Phone idiot! Happy to report down a few pounds. Amazing what eating right and exercising can do. Yes, Nicole...send some picks of that remodeled kitchen. (I posted to the Jan threads - duh! and was wondering where everyone was....yes, I'm super slow with technology, weight loss, etc.).
To the "oldies" - remember Pearl.....where is she?

I'm supposed to go meet a friend to climb a mountain this morning (Kennesaw Mountain), but it's a rainy Saturday here in Georgia......guess I need to see if she wants to go slipping and sliding down the mountain...

almsthere
02-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi, everyone! I've had a few weeks POP and then kinda get tired of 'being strict' and slide.

I've decided I have a few motivators to finally lose this unhealthy weight for good:

1. Me
2. Feel better in my clothes
3. Poolside with the kids this summer
4. August wedding for my BIL and I haven't met most of the hubby's side of the family. It is an out of state wedding. So, it will be fun to get back to "me" and be looking good and feeling great!

It gives me plenty of time to fulfill my goals.

I've also noticed if I keep on track with my waters, and plan a "sweet treat" in the afternoon...it is easier to say no to the junk cravings before bed. I am about 10 lbs down since I lost the baby in Dec. So, all in all, I think I'm doing well. Happy to weigh in this am to 179.5!!! Out of the 180s. Feels good.

Also helps that hubby is motivated himself. Makes cooking healthy a whole lot easier. He has never had "weight" issues but likes to keep himself in top shape. He is doing the Beachbody Insanity work out right now.

I'm going slower and just getting myself to focus on eating now. Will gradually add in the exercise. I hate the thought of exercise but love the endorphins! Just need to find something that I can stick with...any ideas??

aguerin
02-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Congrats to all on the weight loss.

I weighed this a.m. and was finally down a lb. But it has been a long raining day here and I can tell you that the Gold Plan does not allow for enough food to be stuck in the house all day when its raining. Going to try to hold out and not waiver though.

Miranda Lambert was awesome. She was still a little emotional from loosing her FIL and HS friend. We also had a small dissappointment when we got there. My friend that got us tickets said we were on the 3rd row. She didn't realize it was 3rd row on the upper level. Talk about reality check. We thought we were the stuff, going to be Front and Center on the 3rd row, but NOT! LOL We got a good laugh out of it.

Here's to a POP Weekend.

Mama Nicole
02-04-2012, 09:40 PM
MOUNTAIN CLIMBING???? Are you NUTS, Joni? I am petrified of heights. YOU, my friend, will never grow old. I love your outgoing adventurous attitude. I am also a tad bit jealous and envious...but only in a good way :). I hope the weather turned around for you.

Almst....if you have lost since you lost your baby, then you are a superstar. I always put on weight, either with a pregnancy or a miscairrage. WTG girl. And as far as your DH...mine is the same way...and most of the time I want to punch him in the neck for being so effortlessly fit. WTF? Just kidding....I am thankful he is healthy....I just wish he didn't make it look so easy.

Glad your sclae budged, Amy. You know, you don't really have much to lose, so percentage wise, each pound is pretty hefty. I have quite a bit to shed...so you know how it goes.

Angie.....keep up the good fight girl.

So, is everyone prepared with healthy snacks for the Superbowl? I am :). My menu includes, but is not limited to: fresh veggie tray with dip, meatballs, baked chicken wings, and diet cherry pepsi. My DH got some chips for the kids and himself. Yep, that's it. We are a low carb family on most fronts now, excpet that we eat fruit and whole wheat items too. It feels good. My kids have been complaining quite a bit, as they are used to my endless baking problem....but they are adjusting :). We had a treat last night.....popcorn. It is so nice how everything tastes so stinkin' good when you are not fatting out. I love it.

And holy cow....I think this makes me about a month OP. Oh, heck, I don't really remember now...but I will check the Jan thread to see when I officially started caring again.

So, stay OP the rest of the weekend. Make that Mon. a.m. WI count b#$%@#s.
xoxo

julsey
02-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi all
Here is my progress- Started 205.5 1/14
1/21- 197. (-8.5)
1/28 -196 (-1)
2/4 -194 (-2) so down [11.5] ... so discouraged though it seems to be taking for ever!!! I am on the purple plan (old one) .. UGH 150 is a long way to go but I made it through Super Bowl without a cheat YAY.. SOOOOOO hungry

aguerin
02-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Julsey: Don't be discouraged. Take it one day at a time. YOu didn't put this on all at once so it won't come off all at once. Your progress is great and you probably already feel better about yourself. It will go faster than you think.

Remember the only way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

Mama Nicole
02-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Juls......11 lbs in less than a month. Come on girl...listen to what you are saying. It has to even out now...maybe even stall out for a week or two. Don't make me come over there and slap some sense into you :) ha ha ha.

I am up 0.4, but I stayed OP all weekend, so who cares. So what. Yeah, I guess I do a little. Not sure why it still bugs me when that happpens, cuz I know better, but it still does from time to time. I sooo wanted to join my Mia in a bowl of Lucky Charms this a.m., but I resisited. I thought about it, but it is clearly not low carb. :). So, grapefruit and PB low carb bread toast it is. I love that combo for breakfast, so there ya go.

How did everyone fair over the weekend? Today is a brand new day to love yourself and take good care of your body. Ok, I am almost buying it. Anyone else want to try the hard sell?

aguerin
02-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Nichole: I too am dissapointed this a.m. I am still at 145 this a.m., even though I was down to 144 yesterday. I ate OP yesterday, but I did eat my last carb late (in the bed even), but I was trying to do right by getting all my foods in and now it has cost me. AND I didn't make my goal of being down a lb by Monday. :(

But its just a number right? Today is a whole new day and IT WILL BE GONE if it kills me. LOL

aguerin
02-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Come On Ladies shake it off. Where is everybody? This is a support group. Post, Comment, Encourage. That's what makes this work. I need some input here.

MomOfThreeTeens
02-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Good Tuesday morning everybody!!!
Somebody, I think it was Amy made a comment about how much better she felt when she eats right. I made that exact same comment to my hubby. Why do we forget that our bodies function better when we put good food into them? UGH!!

Julsey-11.5 pounds in a month is fantastic, do a happy dance girly!!!

Nicole- I was up .2 this morning and I was thrilled! LOL I had a few really NOT OP snacks on Super bowl Sunday and I knew the sodium was gonna kick my butt so .2 was a miracle :-)

Hi Joni and Julie and Katie!!!

Hope everybody has a great day. Make good food choices and be good to your bodies!

julsey
02-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone so much for the encouragement. I agree we didn't put it all on at once and it harder to take off !!! Weigh in is Sunday so I hope it will go down more :)
Congrats to everyone who lost and like me will persevere :)

Mama Nicole
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Come On Ladies shake it off. Where is everybody? This is a support group. Post, Comment, Encourage. That's what makes this work. I need some input here.

Come on, Amy....you've got this. Don't let the sclae make you it's b*&^#$!!!! You are better than that!!! You heart is so happy now that you have taken control of your health !One snack, in bed even, does not make you gain a pound. Slow and steady wins the race!!! Look at Jillian. Sometimes she would go 3 weeks or more without losing ANYTHING. You can do this....I promise :) :hug:

Mama Nicole
02-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Woohoooo....down 2 lbs this week, as Wed. is my official weekly WI. YES!

Well, it is official.....we are closing on our new house on Feb 24, and moving in Feb 25 and 26. I am sooo happy to be able to be near my parents again. They are both in such poor health, and I just want a little time with them before they get really sick.

I sure hope my house sells pretty soon. Eeeee.

I am going to try to upload a couple pics of my kitchen now.....

Mama Nicole
02-08-2012, 10:01 AM
ok, let's see if i can do this :).

These two pics are my kitchen that we remodeled in our house that is for sale.

CeciliaAnn
02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi Ladies!! Oh boy was super bowl tough! Luckily the party I went to had a ton of healthy food?? Imagine that!! It's catching on people! HA! they had Salad kabobs.. they were delicious! Fruit.. yum!

Overall the weekend was busy but good! And I stayed OP the whole time. Still haven't had a drink so I am 16 days sober today!! Trying for at least 30. I remember when I started LA Weightloss.. I asked about a million questions about drinking.. ha ha! it was sooo hard for me to give up. This time around has been a little easier!

Nicole! Congrats on the loss! Keep it up!! Oh and I requested you as a friend on that app and you haven't responded.. ha ha! Get to it lady!!

Amy, Nicole is right! We are all behind you 110%!!! However, I know how you feel when one day you are down and then the next you are up that one stinking lb again!! UGH! This morning when I stepped on the scale I was 232.2 so I was up .2 UGH! I really just wanted to adjust my weight. My Official WI day is gonna be Thursday's I think... wish me luck tomorrow!! Amy did you ever check out that app? Or did you say you were going to.. it is so easy to encourage on there.. I check it a lot more often.. Check it out!!
My username is Ceciliaann80.. : )

Hope all is well for you Julsey and Kim!!
Almsthere.. have you tried ZUMBA? Or just group fitness classes in general? I find they keep me very motivated.. because I am not alone! I love Les Mills Body Pump!! But there are alot of fun ones out there! Have you tried a cycling class?

Joni, did you get the app loaded?? Add me as a friend!!

Still no Jillian.. I feel like I scared her away.. ha ha!

Happy Hump Day ladies!! Enjoy!!

Repo girl
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Ahhh, so nice to read all of your posts. It motivates me to see you all doing your best and putting yourselves first. I lost my mom in August, and I have been a food freight train since. I have gained 20 lbs in 4 months. I just keep grieving and eating. My family has had 7 deaths in the last 6 months, including a cousin who was close to my mom who died suddenly this morning. Every time I think that I am finally ready to knock this self defeating crap off, something else hits me in the face. I do my very best to stay postive on most fronts, but this food comforting has got to stop. I am sure that some of you are emotional eaters too, so I am reaching out. What do you do to stop medicating with food? I have even tried smoking, that didn't help, LOL. Thoughts?

Mama Nicole
02-09-2012, 07:23 AM
Katie.....no Smoking!!!!!

Mama Nicole
02-09-2012, 07:36 AM
oopsie...premature send.

Anyway, Katie...I too, am a huge emotional eater (pun intended). I hit a max load point near the end of last year, and I started getting scared for my own health. Watching my parents stuggle with their health this last year (mom with AML, dad with COPD) is what really hit home for me. Well, that, and it was starting to get really hard for me to move. I found myself sitting a lot more, and asking people to get things for me all the time cuz it hurt my knees or my ankles or my back to move. It still does, by the way.....but I started thinking about my own kids, and what they are going to have to go through if I don't take care of this body of mine.

What is funny about gettting older is that lifestyle choices don't necessarily kill you sooner, they just make you sicker, younger....which really, to me, means taking time from my kids' happiness. I don't want them to spend their 30's abd 40's trying to figure out how to get me to the doctor because I am too heavy for my 5 foot 2 inch 110 lbs daughter to push in a wheel chair. I don't want my grandchildren to wish I wasn't too weak to climb out of a pool so I could swim with them. I don't want my kids to have to sit by my bedside while I am on a ventilator for 3 weeks because I had a choice about how to care for my body.

Now, that is not saying I might not end up old and $hit@# prematurely anyway. And I know if that happens, my kids will adjust and be ok....but as a mom....I just can't break my own heart like that.

So, since I know that I am better about worrying about my children better than I am about taking care of myself....that is my angle. And to stop with the self medicating.....I had to quit cold turkey. That is why I am doing low carb. I don't think it is necessarily the healthiest choice....but it is better than morbid obesity. I do eat citrus fruits, and when berries come back in season, I will add those too. I am trying very hard to be smart, and not psycho about it. But, for me......the carbs are the devil. I know once I feel a bit more comfortable with this change, I will add more and more whole grains...but for now, for me, I limit myself to 2 slices of low carb whole wheat bread a day. I have been doing well for 4 weeks now. It is funny....cuz I kind of feel like I did when I quit smoking......like I lost my best friend.

Before, when I was having a bad day, I would make some delicious cupcakes or something. Let me tell you how depressed my kids are that I am not doing THAT anymore :).

Wow, sorry about the book...but I just wanted to share my newly discovered motivation...and you know how I am....once I start, it is so hard for me to shut up :).

Ok, must run....I woke up excited, and an hour and a half early. I HAAVE to pack some boxes today. We move on out of here in 2 weeks.

Have a good day, ladies....and eat clean!!!!

CeciliaAnn
02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Official WI today and I was down .8!!! And I am super happy about that!

Ohhh Katie, I can not even imagine how that loss has effected you over this last year.. UGH! My thoughts are with you and your family. <3

Probably even just two months ago I could not find that motivation that I needed to make this journey successful... I knew I needed to do it but I just couldn't make myself. All of a sudden I just started doing it.. I didn't use a start date, or say I am gonna start on Monday.. I just gradually started doing it. I cut out the alcohol that is always a huge motivator for me too. If I am not drinking alcohol.. I should be losing weight.. I can not sabotage my self when I am working so hard.. same goes for working out. If I work out and put all that effort into it and then just blow it all by eating bad I will beat myself up.. so to avoid that I don't do it.

I agree with Nicole of course, for your kids! But more importantly it has to be for yourself.. and we all know that!! We can do this ladies.. I know we can!! Especially with this support group!!

Katie, do you have a smart phone..? I know I sound like a broken record but seriously I am addicted to myfitnesspal.. it allows you to track your food and workouts. It is awesome!! It keeps me accountable! I seriously check it more than Facebook now.. which I would have never have thought possible. HA!

Nicole good luck packing, that will get you some workout calories back on myfitnesspal... I think you could put it under cleaning??

Hope you all have a great Thursday!!! : )

1/23/2012
Starting/240
Current/231.2
Goal/150

Total Loss 8.8!!

aguerin
02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Hello Ladies.

Katie I am sending your some Will Power and some Motivation to make the changes you need. My heart breaks for your devastating loss of your family members, but you can be stronger than your want to self medicate and believe it or not you will feel better when you eat right, which will also help break the cycle. YOu can do it.

Congrats on the Move Nicole. Good Luck. DOn't get so stressed out about it though that you fall back in to bad habits.

Cecelia Ann: I have joined the MyFitness Pal, but just to be clearn, don't expect much exercise postings from me. I do some, but right now am not consistent. I plan on that changing when Spring gets here.

I will be limited next week. Going to Monterey for work. Wish me luck on being able to eat right. I will be working long days, with limited access to the foods that I need so I am dreading it already. That also equals "Mean Amy" coming out. She doesn't like it when she can't eat and her blood suger drops. LOL

CeciliaAnn
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Amy no biggie! The main thing I use myfitnesspal for is tracking my food. You can actually sahre your diary, which makes it super easy for others to help if you ever need it or also gives you ideas on what to eat if you get stuck in a rut. You can share your diary by going to More and then settings and then diary settings. Check it out! I share mine so you should be able to see it!! So glad you joined!

Mama Nicole
02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
I just ate a doughnut. It tasted good....but I think I will not let it ruin my day. I don't think it was worth the calories by they way. My grapefruit and PB toast I usually have tastes much better.

Where the heck is Cassi?

aguerin
02-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Happy Monday ladies!

I have made it to the big state of California and I am not happy that being on travel always throws me some loops when trying to eat on plan. The fact is, it just can't be done, when you are traveling 12 hours and someone else is driving.

Actually yesterday wasn't too bad off plan, but none the less, I did go over. I'm not going to sweat it though. I will just do what I have to do and start back POP when I get back to my world.

Having the baby shower Saturday when I return. I can't wait. Every week ticking by makes it closer to his arrival. :0

Mama Nicole
02-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I am down 1.2 over the weekend, and TOM came to visit this a.m. Yeah booooy.

Mama Nicole
02-13-2012, 11:42 AM
p.s. sooo glad I didn't let that doughnut of friday ruin me :).

Mama Nicole
02-13-2012, 12:48 PM
wtf? Is it just Amy and I here? ha ha ha

CeciliaAnn
02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
It is slow in here isn't it!

It is sooo hard when traveling Amy! I agree... All you can do is do the best you can and like you said jump back in feet first when you get back!! Baby shower sounds fun!! When is the bundle due again??

Nice job Nicole!! Way to get a loss over the weekend, not so much here.. but my weigh in is on Thursday so not to worry!

I had a good weekend and made a new recipe that I am in love with!! WHOOP! It is so much easier when you have healthy tasty options!!

Anyway Happy MONDAY!! Hope it picks up on here! : )

Mama Nicole
02-13-2012, 08:42 PM
And yes, Cecilia.....who is holding her own :). Keep working hard girl....I know you will have a kick a$$ WI on thurs. :)
xoxo

Mama Nicole
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
well, this group sucks.

CeciliaAnn
02-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Agreed! HA! Oh well what can you do!! We are keeping each other motivated right?? HA!

Our starting weight is about the same.. did you officially start back on Jan 18th? I started on Jan 23rd and I just reached my 10 lb goal today!!! Whooop! So I get to schedule a facial for a mini reward! I have a gift card so I don't even have to spend money! Pretty excited! If I keep losing at this rate I will be down 30 lbs by the time we go to Mexico!!

Thanks for checking in Nicole even though it's me and you... maybe we should have a challenge??

Hope you are having a super Valentine's day!! <3

Mama Nicole
02-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Ha ha.....thanks for getting my humor, Cecilia :).

Sure, I am up for a challenge. Do you have anything in mind? I did, in fact, start back up on Jan 18, and I reached my 10 lb goal just last week, or this week maybe, as well :).

My Valentine's Day....well it is ok....have defininitely had better, but I am not complaining....yet..

I will try to look at myfitnesspal more.....I just hate my phone sometimes. I feel like it can sometimes be a blocker of real human interaction.....and I am surrounded by humans who need me. :).

More later.

Mama Nicole
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Also, I am sure more people will pop in soon......life just gets in the way someitmes :)

juliemarie
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
yeah-I suck. So what? Nicole-you're doing awesome! WTG! Wow-and you too Ceclilia!

Amy-I figure if you can maintain while traveling, then you're doing pretty darn good. Just do your best.

Valentine's Day is fun with little ones. Handmade cards, true joy at the little gifts/balloons. . ..it's not a burden for them. . . We'll surprise my Grandpa tonight with some treats and maybe I'll take her out for ice cream or something. . . .

Hope you all have a wonderful VD! Or as I like to call it-Single Awareness Day. However, I may be "alone" but I'm certainly not lonely . . .

Mama Nicole
02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Ah....I knew JM would not be scared by my mini tantrum...ha ha ha. How are you doin', girl? You are so right.....Valentine's Day is super fun with kids. We made cards this year again.....and I had as much fun as they did.

Well, my official WI day is today, and I stayed the same as my Mon. WI, but I can deal with that :). It is still a 1.6 lb loss for the week, and I have been consistently losing each week. I know that is what it takes, and I know my heart is starting to thank me already.

I have to pack some more today. We did have a second showing on our house here in St. Louis, so that is hopeful. It is so scary to own two houses right now.

I also got some $hitty news yesterday. My mom had a relapse, and her Leukemia is winning. She has decided not to do any further treatments and will get blood and blood products for comfort until she is tired of that. Then hospice will step in. It was a pretty huge shock for a few days, but I am so proud of her for taking charge of her health decisions and giving the rest to God. I know he will carry her and all of us through this. I just wish I could have gotten back home sooner.....to enjoy a little more time with her while she was feeling good. The good news....only 10 more days until I live 8 miles from her.......and I think they may be the longest 10 days of my life.

She is giving me the strength to carry on and take good care of my body.....even though my normal coping mechanism would be to eat everything in sight. I will not. I will be strong.

Ok, sorry to be Debbie Downer....but this is what is happening here...and I just want to tell you ladies......there is NOTHING that can stand in the way of taking care of yourself. So, today, just do it ;)
xoxo

CeciliaAnn
02-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Soooo right Nicole.. So proud of you for sticking with the healthy lifestyle even when times are tough! You are strong woman!! So is your mother! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

BIG HUGS TO YOU!!

Thanks Julie!! Glad you had a great Valentine's day!! it is so much fun with kids.. seeing their faces light up! Love it!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Ladies when I jumped on the scale today I was amazed!! I am down another 1.2 so that is overall 11.2!! WHOOP! Sooo happy! Moving right along!!

Hoochie
02-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi there, havent check in for a while! My weight is probably back up to its highest point again. I think I am 177! I joined the gym in September and I go there at least 4 times a week however I let my diet go to pieces and I am so sad about that. It was so nice to come on the site and see that familiar faces are still here posting their success! So awesome and maybe it will inspire me again.
Nicole- So sorry to hear about your Mom!!!!!
Thinking about going to a Weight Watchers meeting next week......hmmmm!
I need to get excited again. I love going to the gym with my hubby, now I have to inspire myself with good food choices....so hard!

Joan

Mama Nicole
02-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Yay....Cecilia!!! You are on a ROLL girl :).

Joan....go for it. Go to the meeting. WW is a good plan. Let us know how it goes. It is never a good time time start........it is a GREAT time!!! Today is your day.

MomOfThreeTeens
02-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Good Thursday morning everybody!!! Sorry I've been a slacker. We were out of town for 3 days and I just couldnt seem to get everything caught up when I got home!!

Nicole I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, we'll be praying for your family.

Cecilia- Way to go girl!!!

Julie and Joan- Good to "see" you!!

Amy- Grandchildren are the greatest!! My Granddaughter is 18 months old and she is the love of my life!!!

Friday was hubbys birthday and I baked him an Italian cream cake. I havent had sweets since before New years but I had a piece of cake and it was the best cake I've ever had! LOL But like Nicoles donut I didnt let it completely derail me!!!
Have a great rest of the week everybody!!!

Hoochie
02-16-2012, 11:49 AM
So good to be back on here! I worked my butt off last night at the gym. Today is my first day back to healthy eating! I went to the grocery store and picked up some great food last night. Im ready to start over. Thanks to all of you who are always there for me!!!!! I know I can do it!

Joan

Mama Nicole
02-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Yes, you can, Joan :).

Hi Kim :).

Thanks girls, for the kind words about my mom and family. DH and I are going to go to WI on Sunday a.m. and go to an auction that is being held at our new house and then pick up my mom and bring her here until we move on thursday. It should be fun.....if any part of moving can be fun.

I had a bad WI this a.m. I am up 0.6 lbs, and I have no explaination....but it is ok. It is just a stupid old sclae and I know I am killing it here...so whatever.

Ok, well, we are up for another weekend.........and I propose a weekend challenge. If you didn't already WI today..I say WI in the a.m,., and work towards a 0.2 lb loss. Winning :).

CeciliaAnn
02-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I am in for the challenge.. my WI wasn't today.. but I did jump on the scale ( of course ) and I was up.. I think it said 229.8 which is up quite a bit. I will work towards a .2 down. but I am hoping to be back down to 228.8 by Monday. : )

Safe travels Nicole!

Joan do you have a smart phone? Get on myfitnesspal!!! it's an App.. a few of us are on there.. Nicole, Amy and I!

You ladies have a great weekend!! I will check back in on Monday and let you know how the challenge went!!

Hoochie
02-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks Ce! Thats a great site. I downloaded it to my blackberry today.

CeciliaAnn
02-20-2012, 09:17 AM
HAPPY MONDAY!!! Ok, so Saturday morning when I weighed boy was I happpy! I was down another 2 lbs which makes it a total of 13.2!!! That is the last official weigh in I am going with. However for our challenge I did weigh myself this am. and I was at 228.2 so that is over .2 loss!! Whooo! Although I am disregarding that weigh in since it wasn't "official" ha!! I love that we get to make that choice! My weekend was good!

I am still alcohol free 28 days ladies!! Wow! It went by quick and barely bothered me!!My only wish is for all of you to feel as excited and motivated as I am! I am loving it this time around. We are making ourselves healthy and that is huge!!! : )

Hope all went well this weekend with Mom... <3

Joan what is your username? I would love to be your friend and help with motivaton!

How did your weekend go Julie??

Amy? How was the work week being out of town..? I know that is sooo tough! We were all thinking of you!! Can't wait for you to check in!

Where is Cassi??

Good morning to all! Have a super fabulous Monday!! I know we can do this!! Look at all this support we have!! : )

I am sure I am forgetting something but I will try to remember and come back later! : )

Starting 240
Current 226.2
Goal 180

aguerin
02-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey Ladies I'm Back!

Nichole: I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Treatment is tough.

Monterey was terrible last week. Long work days, cold weather and I was outside. I didn't get to do or see anything. I won't mention that I was up 5lbs because I ate like a pig just because I could't eat on plan so I didn't care. But, I am back home and back in control so I am working on getting that mis-hap back under control.

Still no Grandbaby yet, but I'm counting the days.

I guess I better change my ticker to the real weight since my pig-out days last week. It won't be too painful. Still up 3 lbs today.

Mama Nicole
02-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Way to kick some a$$, Cecilia. I am soooo proud of you!!!!

I, too, surpassed my weekend 0.2 loss!!! I tried to update my ticker, but the site is being weird. I will try again in a bit.

My mom is here for a couple of days, and I am sooooooooooooo happy!!! I have 3 days to pack for my move.....eeek.

Hang in there, Amy.........take care of today :).

Hoochie
02-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Hey ladies, my weighin day is Thursday but because I was away for the weekend, I figured I should have a quick peek. I am down 1 pound! yippee
My username on fitnesspal is mamagraff.
Yesterday was family day here in Alberta. I still managed to get my workout in at the gym so I feel good about that.
I am looking forward to another week of healthy eating!! Have a great day!

Joan

aguerin
02-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey Ladies. Congrats on the progression to your loss goals.

I am back down another 2 lbs so it is coming back off quickly. Thanks for all your support.

Don't really have a short term goal in mind right now. Just trying to focus on me still.

Good Luck. Stay Focused. We can do this!

juliemarie
02-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Sometimes it helps to just say it.

I'm having a problem with alcohol. Even though I knew that transfer addiction is really common after WLS--I started drinking a little about 6 mos post-surgery and it just escalated. I don't get drunk every night-but drinking a couple of glasses of wine nearly every night and more on the weekends is keeping me at a standstill weight-wise as well as encouraging night-time snacking which is also a problem.

I don't want this to go on anymore-so I'm using Lent as a cleansing period for me. No alcohol. I hope it's like carbs and I just need to clean it out of my system so I don't crave it anymore.

Sigh. If it isn't one thing, it's another . . . but I can do this . ..

barri1970
02-22-2012, 01:33 PM
WOW! I have only lost 8lbs since I started back on the plan. I started around the same time as you. I am on the new rapid results plan 2. I dont think that it works as well...I am not losing as quickly as I did with the old colored plans. I was wondering what plan you are on and what type exercise you are doing?

Hey Ladies. Congrats on the progression to your loss goals.

I am back down another 2 lbs so it is coming back off quickly. Thanks for all your support.

Don't really have a short term goal in mind right now. Just trying to focus on me still.

Good Luck. Stay Focused. We can do this!

Mama Nicole
02-22-2012, 04:46 PM
JM........you have a lot of courage girl. I am sooo proud of you for putting it all out there. How often have we had discussions about WHAT it is that makes us not care for our bodies......and I really do believe it boils down to addiction. I know I have it. I always battle it, and I effing hate it. I think Lent is a perfect outlet for your cleanse. I know Cecilia has given up alcohol for like a month now. You certainly can do this.....and we will help you however we can :). I wish I wasn't in such a rush today......I have soooo much more to say (shocker, right?), but it is my last day to pack this house....and there has been distraction after distraction. Hang tight, lady.....we are all on your side.

Ok, and so at this very moment I am trying to decide if I should eat a cupcake. I bought 120 cupcakes for my kids to bring to school tomorrow for a treat for their last day of school here in St. Louis....and they are all staring at me, and they are covered in a thick layer of buttercream frosting all over them..............and i just might eat one. What do ya think?

juliemarie
02-22-2012, 04:59 PM
step away from the cupcake! They NEVER taste as good as they look if they are from the supermarket.

juliemarie
02-22-2012, 05:00 PM
And . . .thank you!:^: Thanks for reading and responding when I know what you're dealing with right now. Hope if all goes smoothly!:hug:

Dairy Fairy
02-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Alright..long time no post. I do remember you gals (hi y'all!) so it's good to see everybody. For those who don't remember me, I lost down to 165 (which is super skinny for me) and then got pregnant with twins. Add a twin pregnancy and 5 years of stress (literally somebody crapped their shoe last week and they are FIVE) and I have ballooned higher than ever. 237 lbs! Now I have never minded being a chunky girl but I feel so bad physically...aches, breathlessness, back fat making it hard to get comfortable. I have looked into Dukan and it's just too Atkin's for me. LAWL was the best thing I have ever tried and you girls were a huge part of it. Back on the wagon today...doing unlimited TO. I don't feel deprived in the least. I am in a real funk after all the sweets lately and if I see another piece of birthday cake right now I am gonna hurl...so good timing!

Nicole & Amy- y'all are doing great!

Julie Marie: you have lost so much weight! Your little girl has gotten so big, too! Good to see you on here still...keeping the torch for wayward folks like myself :) I have a very addictive personality, too. My dad could quit anything cold turkey but he'd pick up something else. He went from alcohol to cigarettes/cigars to chewing tobacco to just using bad food. You're right...if it's not one thing it's another. The thing is you realize it's causing a problem (weight loss) and you have a plan for doing something. There's a difference in using and abusing and I think it sounds like you are quite a ways from the abusing line. Good job knowing your patterns and planning to do something about it.

I'm not entirely sure there isn't a physical component to my weight gain beyond what I am eating. I found out I have a hemmorrhagic ovarian cyst (benign) and it was about that time I started gaining the extra 30-40 lbs I am carrying right now. I have gone for bloodwork and I came out fine. I cannot get the doctor or OBGYN to do bloodwork for my hormone levels. Maybe I should find a doc who doesn't know I had a c section and pretend I might be pregnant to get a hormone level. Sad that I'd even have to think of that when I pay $$$ for insurance! Any experience with this?

CeciliaAnn
02-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Welcome back Dairy Fairy!! (Mary)

Julie, I was in that habit too... and Nicole is right I am alcohol free as of 31 days ago today! It's not going to be permanent but I needed to cut it out to get a good start on weightloss and to also get rid of the habit... I started out with something like, I can have a glass of wine if I work out that day.. if I don't work out.. no wine. That worked.. because I wanted the wine so I worked out. HA! But then I just went cold turkey... and haven't looked back. I have even done things I didn't think I would do without alcohol involved and still had fun, imagine that!

No cupcakes!! ha ha! Good luck with the moving! Hope it goes quickly for you!

I haven't lost anything.. since Sat.. and I am feeling kinda down about it today! UGH! I know I need to be patient but I just feel like I am doing soemthing wrong?

Joan what is your user name on myfitnesspal??

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!! Keep on keeping on!

Mama Nicole
02-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Hey Dairy...I remember you :). I have no advice on the hormone thing.........so sorry. Have they checked your thryriod and such?

Cecliia.....hang tight girl......and put that evil sclae away!!!! I have been faithfully doing my MWF WI's and it has been pretty good for me. I have had a few ups and downs, but only one week out of 5 or 6 with a gain. Also, congrats on being alcohol free so long. What is your goal with that?

JM........I so wish we could get together for a cup of coffee.

Well, I did eat the cupcake....and his brother too. Ooopsie whoopsie. I still stayed OP for the rest of the entire day, and I dont' even regret it. I am kicking a$$ and taking names, even through alll of this stressful stuff that is going on...........and I am strong as ever for this day. And yeah, I am tricking my brain, and it IS working :).

Today we are taking our first load in the moving truck. Holy balls....I am totally weirded out. I so want to go back home, and I so want to stay here. I cried when I left the kids' elementary school today. All the teachers and office ladies looked so sad,a nd they all hugged me. It was terrible. I just cannot wait to get to my Mom though. It is a good move for us, as a family.....just sooo hard to leave. My neighbors have all become dear friends to us. Oh well....I guess it is on to our next adventure.

So, if you don't hear from me, ladies.....it is because I am in the middle of moving between states......but my WIFI should be connected right away, and I will do my best to sneak a coffee break in here and there.

Who would like to join me in a weekend goal? I am shooting for minus 0.2 again. Nothing major....just insurance to stay OP.

Wish me luck :)

Hoochie
02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Nice to see you Mary! Things are going well for me today. I jumped on the scale at 175.4. I lost 2.6 pounds this week.
Tonight I have gym time planned as the last two days, I ended up at the office late working. I am planning for 45 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight training. I really miss when I dont go and two days of not going just kills me. I think I am getting addicted to the gym...hmmm, who would have thought it.
JM- Its great that you feel comfortable to come on here and discuss things. We are all here to support you. Lent is a perfect time to let go of alcohol.
I have given up coke for about two weeks now. I thought it would be harder than it really is. Hang in there chick!
Chat with ya soon!

Joan

juliemarie
02-23-2012, 04:13 PM
:DNicole-hugs to you on your new adventure! I wish we could meet IRL too . . .maybe someday . . .

And the cupcake-treats are fine in moderation, right? That's the key I guess. It won't help you to lose, but you shouldn't gain on a little cupcake!

MARY!! Good to see you! Josie is 5 too--I can't imagine having 2 5 yr olds in the house right now. Well, actually I can, now that I think about it. We have lots of sleepovers with the neighbor girl and they are the same age. It is much easier really-since they play together the whole time. All i have to do is feed them and put in the DVD before bed . .;)

Joan-when you say you gave up coke--i sure hope you meant the soda. Well, if you didn't I suppose it's good you gave it up of course. :D

Cecelia-congrats on the no alcohol thing! I have an association of relaxing after Josie goes to bed or when she's out of town with drinking and I need to find something else-tea, sf cocoa, etc.

I'm in for a loss this weekend. I'm plan on jogging for the next couple of days---but I have a busy weekend. Gotta figure out a way to get it in. And hopefully it doesn't rain too much. I'm a fair weather jogger.

Hoochie
02-23-2012, 05:49 PM
JM- Yes I gave up Coke as in soda!!! Yike I guess I should watch what I say eh?

Joan

MomOfThreeTeens
02-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Good Friday morning, Nicole and Amy and Cecilia and Joan and Julie and Mary (great to "see" you)!

Julie- I've never gotten in the habit of drinking anything on a regular basis and its basically because I know I have an addictive personality!! Same reason I go to a casino and watch my friend play blackjack and don't participate, cause I'm skeered! LOL

I went to the Dr. yesterday for a recheck on my blood pressure and its doing great and I've lost 10 pounds since I was there last so he was quite happy, and me too!!! Also went to the ENT and I had a normal hearing test for the first time since the beginning of December! Wooo wooo!!!

Nicole!!! Good luck with your move chickie! I know you're excited about being near your mom!

Hope everybody has an amazing weekend!

Dairy Fairy
02-24-2012, 02:30 PM
checking in here trying to start a good habit with y'all.

Nicole, stay strong on the move! The good thing is after a long trip I am usually so glad to eat healthy and not "road food" again.

Julie- that is true but if your daughter and friend started a death match with each other you can still send one home LOL Best of friends, worst of enemies!

Cecilia Ann- is your time of the month coming up? That always caused frustrating stalls for me.

Kim- congrats ont he weight loss!

Joan- I am trying to limit the diet soda, too. It makes me have to pee constantly and I just am tired of it. I also think it makes me feel sluggish.

I think I have a sinus infection. I have taken hot showers, neti pots, hot coffee, and even hot broth with fresh garlic trying to get my head to stop pounding in my sinuses but it is not working. I can't wait until someone responsible gets home so I can take a sinus medicine. If I get desperate enough, my 8 year old might be responsible enough ;)

mini me
02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Mary, so crazy you posted about your cyst. I'm having the same issue. LOOOONG story short, my stomach bloated up like I'm 8 months pregnant. I have the cyst, but no explanation for the bloating. My doctor said I need to watch what I eat, even though it's not fatty, it's hard and bloated. Anyway, when I read that it made me want to post. : ) Walking tonight and trying to eat well.

Dairy Fairy
02-25-2012, 12:14 AM
sarah- they are no fun. The GYN says "oh, you will get more and they WILL get worse." thanks, doc. Apparently if they burst it is very painful. Could be worse...glad it is benign even if it is a pain.

Y'all I wanna say (and this is not really a confession just putting it out there) that 2.5 days into unlimited take off and I today had a really really bad sinus headache (jackhammer) that I thought might be a sinus infection. I was holding steady but the other day I prayed when I started this (trying to give control to God) to give me a desire to eat what is right for my body. Well I just wasn't wanting to eat the meat/green veg and the hot coffee wasn't helping and neither was hot showers or neti pots. I had this huge craving to take my homemade stevia lemonade and blend up with some frozen strawberries. I did because I felt like it was on LAWL plan even if not on the carb-free menu. I felt so much better after. Apparently a nurse friend said the hot irritates your sinuses and the cold acts like an ice pack. I finished out the day eating within the confines of the regular meal plan (way less actually since the morning was just salmon and eggs) but I felt like I had made the right choice for myself which is what it is all about- learning how to take care of yourself. Tomorrow I start day 1.

PS I have an entire box of girl scout cookies and it is not even temptin' me. Feeling good about this time.

bizlawchik
02-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Happy Saturday!

I miss you too Nicole. Sorry about your mom, but really happy for your move!

JM - You are one courageous and smart chick. You will get there. And thank you for sharing everything with us.

I just quickly perused the thread to sorta catch up. It has just been a crazy few weeks. I got sick, started a second job, and have been dealing with a staff that all of a sudden thinks it's their first day - all 13 of them!

On the plus side, I'm still down 2lbs. I also changed phones, which got rid of all of my apps (myfitnesspal, WW). I'm getting it together, and I won't stay away this long!

Dairy Fairy
02-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Going GREAT today!!! I still have 1/2 protein 2 starches, 1 dairy, 1 fat left...I'm gonna love that peanut butter toast in a few minutes.

I am still sick so I froze grapes for my grapes and blended them with some stevia sweetened kool aid. Grape slush was the bomb.

bizlawchik
02-26-2012, 09:38 AM
awesome idea!

Dairy Fairy
02-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Went to a birthday party today with pizza, breadsticks, hot wings, cake, ice cream, chips, and NOTHING ok for me. You know what...I was fine. Even though my lunch was terrible and I threw up this morning and didn't have a huge breakfast because of that. I ate an apple before I went and put some sugar free candies in my purse in case I got too tempted. I just got home and made myself a grilled chicken & cheese sandwich and am gonna enjoy a latte and some fruit after this. I feel like I am finally in the right mind set like I was when I lost the weight on LA after my first was born.

I was down 3 lbs overall...not much for unlimited TO but I'm ok with it. This is going to be a long process to get to where I want to be but I will be happy just to be lower than what I am now.

CeciliaAnn
02-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi ladies just checking in real quick looks like everyone has been busy!

The cysts sound horrible.. I hope it only sounds that bad. : ( Sorry ladies!

Hi Cassi!!

Nicole, hope the move is going well! We miss you!!

YUM! Frozen grapes option sounds wonderful!

Have any of your heard of Herbalife? I actually am using them as a supplement for meals here and there.. if any of you want more info let me know. I am also a distributor so if you want to check some stuff out, let me know!!

So I am now down 17.4 lbs!! It feels soooo good to say that!! Yeah! According to my plan I needed to be down 17.4 lbs by this Friday so I am ahead of schedule!! Whoop! Hopefully I will be able to be down 40 by the time we go to Mexico... : )

Anyway hope you all have a beautiful POP day!!!

Dairy Fairy
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi ladies just checking in real quick looks like everyone has been busy!

The cysts sound horrible.. I hope it only sounds that bad. : ( Sorry ladies!

Hi Cassi!!

Nicole, hope the move is going well! We miss you!!

YUM! Frozen grapes option sounds wonderful!

Have any of your heard of Herbalife? I actually am using them as a supplement for meals here and there.. if any of you want more info let me know. I am also a distributor so if you want to check some stuff out, let me know!!

So I am now down 17.4 lbs!! It feels soooo good to say that!! Yeah! According to my plan I needed to be down 17.4 lbs by this Friday so I am ahead of schedule!! Whoop! Hopefully I will be able to be down 40 by the time we go to Mexico... : )

Anyway hope you all have a beautiful POP day!!!

That's awesome! You are so close to 20 lbs! Can't wait til I am where you are! :carrot:

frozen grapes are yum. those and bananas- I tell them they are "popsicle grapes" and they gobble them up. I always throw the bag in the freezer when they start to get squishy. I hate squishy grapes. The bananas have the texture of a fudgesicle.

JerseyMadchen
02-28-2012, 02:00 PM
HEY GUYS!!!

Holy carp, it's so good to see some old faces! Wow! I still remember the days back in 2007 when I found this site and it was hopping, I loved checking in. I actually left a window open while I was at work we talked so much! I've gained so many friends from this site! I hope to rekindle old ones and make new!

My story is similar, lost 40lbs, maintained, but over the years gained that and more. My highest was 256. Joined WW, lost 14lbs, but couldn't get it to work for me, too free maybe?

Since last posting, I finally graduated with my Bachelor's in Sustainable Business, and am still looking for a job. For those newbies, I put myself thru school while working, etc and it took 10 years with transferring, life, etc. my husband and I live in small town, VA, but I am a Jersey girl still at heart. (my username is Jersey girl in German)

While unemployed I've been having fun with my blog and just having fun. I'm so ready to go back to work though, I am going crazy!

I'm down to 231 my last weigh in, down 25lbs. I'm hooked on the whole Real Food/Clean Eating craze. Preservatives, dyes, processed foods....scary stuff! I'm about 90% real food, haven't let to of some things...lunchmeat, condiments, etc.

I too am on MFP, my username is PinkofPerfect. Used to be JerseyMadchen, but changed it to go along with my blog and my blog series, Bloggers Biggest Loser.

I hope to check in later with personals! I'm passing the word on to Amyloi, Alannah, and Lettie to come back too!

barri1970
02-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I would like to know what plan everyone is doing?

I too did LAWL back in 2005 and lost 40lbs. I have since gained it all black plus a little.

When I did the plan back in 2005 I was on the blue plan and also gold from time to time...I have since re-joined and I am now doing the numbered plans. I am currently on plan 2 but I find it not be be as good and I am not losing as quickly as I did last time.

So Just wanted to take a quick pole to see what plan everyone was doing and what you think about the old plans vs. the new plans.

Hoochie
02-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Im not really following any plan. I occasionally use myfitnesspal to track my calories. It certainly lets me know when I overeat(like today). The funny thing is that I really didnt think I was eating that many calories. Its a handy little app!
I am trying a little of everything, calorie counting, ww points etc. I am really just not eating anything bad. Last night I was at an NHL game and I really wanted licorice or popcorn but I had a decaf coffee instead! Then I came home to my daughters homemade chocolate chip cookies!!! (yes I had one because they were still warm!)
Drinking water is a big one for me when losing weight. I need to really focus on having enough water during the day. I love my expresso! What can I say!
I have also become an avid exerciser which I am very proud of. I faithfully go to the gym 3 to 5 times a week and I get a good hour of cardio and weights in. Its a place that I now feel very comfortable in and going with my husband is a treat!
This weekend coming up I have a big party with my best friends planned. I am bringing a healthy appetizer so that I know I will have something to nibble on.
I really want to change my life but I know its not happening overnight. It takes time to change my eating. I am so glad to have all of you to chat with. Thanks ladies for all the support!

Joan

Dairy Fairy
02-29-2012, 07:50 AM
hey guys-
last night I felt my first struggle. it revolved around my husband bailing on dnner and me not wanting to throw out his omelet. It was the same as mine but I added a little cheddar to his. I decided to eat 2/3 of the omelet and count it as 1 P and 2 V. I also ran out of fruit with 2 servings left. After that I was hungry. I decided to stick it out and drink some hot coffee and this morning was down another pound! :carrot: I'm gonna remember this the next time I feel like I am weak.

I was thinking about a convference I will probably attend next November and I pictured myself THIN. I feel like this time I have got my stuff together and it is gonna happen.

Dairy Fairy
02-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Laughing cow light is 1/2 Dairy per wedge, right? I have a VERY old copy of the plan and my newer copy of the colored plan is MIA. I know I saved it but I can't remember where. Everything is pretty much in my memory since I still like to eat the same things as before and I was on plan for so long. I'm doing colored because the number plan didn't work so great (though I didn't follow it as long either).

aguerin
02-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Ladies; Hello. Sorry long time no post. I haven't even had time to lurk so I spent 20 minutes catching up on posts. Good to see the losses.

JM: You can do this. You have proven that you are a fighter. We put our mind to the things that we truly want. Don't let it win. You can do it.

No grandbaby yet. We had a dry run on Monday. If he doesn't come before this Monday (March 5th) they will induce. Her BP is still up.

Good to see you Jersey/Amy. I was wondering if you would pop back in since we have several, several old timers that have returned to their roots. Where is Joni?

Barri: Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but it has been crazy. I too found the numbered plans did not produce the results the colored plans did so I have went back to the Colored. I am doing the Gold Plan. I also occasionally will drop the Dairy and Starch from mine and get better results. This is what I do, not recommending it for anyone. If the plan is working for you then stick to it. I just had some stalls and wanted to get some things moving. I also found that these two things are my "triggers" so if I don't have them I do better.
WOW! I have only lost 8lbs since I started back on the plan. I started around the same time as you. I am on the new rapid results plan 2. I dont think that it works as well...I am not losing as quickly as I did with the old colored plans. I was wondering what plan you are on and what type exercise you are doing?

I am updating my ticker. I have the travel weight back off and then some! Loving it. My pants are actually baggy on me, but I can't make myself buy more. The old me tells me I'm just gonna gain it back, don't waste my money. We will see who wins that battle when I have some extra cash. :D

CeciliaAnn
02-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Quick post!!!

WAY TO GO AMY!!!! SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! I knew it would come right back off!!! yeah!!!

Dairy Fairy
02-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Great job Amy! I am from AL.

Today was harder and I realized why: I bought a diet mountain dew last night. I didn't want to do a full blown grocery trip (that was this morning) but I had to get the kids lunch supplies and I wanted a drink. It made me SO hungry all day. I also didn't get in 2 veggies so I have some veggie soup i the crock pot for when I get hungry tomorrow. I have a serious diet mountan dew addiction and it makes me go to the bathroom too much and feel hungrier. I'm not going to ban diet soda from my life but I am gonna go back to my previous ways of not bringing 2 liters or cans home from the grocery store.

I was 233 today so 4.5 lbs total lost. I've had some hunger but no temptations knowing I am losing again and I'm popping in here.

JerseyMadchen- I remember you from the "old days" but I think I was getting pregnant when you were getting started. It would be great if we could get this forum buzzing again. I really miss Starla, Boo's Mom, and a bunch of others. Katie has gotta be around here somewhere...she was always here when I popped in.

juliemarie
03-01-2012, 11:44 AM
So-first week of Lent and I've had to deal with 2 birthday celebrations and "free pie" night at Shari's (my grandpa took us out to dinner!). Suprisingly, the hardest thing for the first week was sweets. I didn't realize how much I looked forward to a few M&Ms at the end of a meal (seems to signal my brain that the meal is over, you know?). And then birthday cakes, cheesecakes, choc turtle torte . . . . But I've gotten over the hump and it's not bothering me anymore.

Now-the urge to relax with a glass of wine after Josie goes to bed is starting to get to me. And Top Model was on last night---that show screams for mocking and alcohol! :) Anyway-just got to get it out of my system!

So cute-Josie decided to give up french fries ( I suggested it as a joke-that girl is CRAZY for fries (Mickey D's anyway) ) I don't think she realized how long Lent is and I expected her to cave by now-esp when we went to Shari's where she usually gets her mini corn dogs and fries. But when I reminded her about the french fries and suggested she get the pancakes and bacon-she agreed. I'm impressed with that girl!

Mary-I had to give up all carbonated drinks when I had my surgery. I was addicted to diet coke so i know how it is. I would suggest that you only drink soda when you're out to dinner, etc and just not have it in the house. That way it's not forbidden-but a treat.

Great job with the losses everyone! Good to hear from you Amy-yes, I CAN do this!

Barri-I'm not following an official LAWL plan-but I do eat low carb.

Hoochie
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Well I am back up almost a pound this week! Can I blame it on my son??? He is 19 and sometimes makes poor choices which gets me all uptight and then i snack!!!! Back to the gym tonight!!!!
I need to have a good week! Next weigh in....March 8th!

Joan

juliemarie
03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Joan-of course you can blame it on your son! I blame Josie for my regain . . .:)

Dairy Fairy
03-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Joan- by all means blame your son. Rest assured if he ever goes to therapy they will find a way to blame you. It's always mom's fault ;) JM I have 5 year old kids and I will blame them for my baby weight until it is gone. :D

Y'all I have a sensitive subject. You guys may not remember this or may have never experienced this, but the last day or two (about 7 days into the plan) just like my first time where I really did LAWL by the book, I have had mega diarrhea. It calmed down the last time. I remember joking to my brother in law (who was on plan) that it was "lower abdominal" weight loss, hence the "LA". Did this happen to you guys or am I just a lucky girl?? :o

232.5 this morning. My all time high is 238.5 but I think I started this 5 lbs ago.

Joni135
03-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Quick post - I know Nicole is in the midst of her move and my thoughts are with her and her mom! She's got a LOT going on. I cracked up at her post "this group sucks" - I just can't keep up with all the technology out there. I am tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal and had an okay weekend, but the sweet tooth was in full swing! Thank goodness for a busy work week; hopefully will keep me out of the kitchen.