Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds FEBRUARY 2012

cathyxxx
02-01-2012, 10:25 AM
HEY GANG :wave:

I cannot believe that it is already February! I have NOT even finished up all my January paperwork yet :(

This morning I did 2 miles. I used the Power Walk with Friends.

hope everybody has a great :running: day!

later gaters :wave:

carolr3639
02-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Did 3 of the 5 big miles and hope to do the last 2 a little later.

AnnieDrews
02-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone! Had a flat this morning and was late to work after getting it repaired. Thankful I saw it before hopping on the highway at rush hour, though.

I have to be careful with the tap-outs myself. Hard on my knees. The lunges aren't all that easy, either!!

3 Mile Weight Loss Walk this morning w/ 2# weights. I have also been using a waist "trimmer" to wear while exercising. I know it won't actually help me lose weight, but it ups the sweat around my midsection for sure!

Munchy
02-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I just ordered the power set so that I can workout first thing in the morning while my daughter is still sleeping until it gets warmer out and we can go outside.

I can't wait to get it so that I can join you all!

AnnieDrews
02-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Munchy-Is that the new package Leslie is promoting on QVC this weekend? I checked it out, but I think I have some of those DVDs already. I'd sure like to have the bonus DVD, though.

Had limited time this morning so I only did 1 mile, wearing my 2# waist belt.

carolr3639
02-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Five really big miles again split up in 3 miles and 2 miles. I think I am feeling a little stronger after 8 months.

Munchy
02-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Munchy-Is that the new package Leslie is promoting on QVC this weekend? I checked it out, but I think I have some of those DVDs already. I'd sure like to have the bonus DVD, though.

Had limited time this morning so I only did 1 mile, wearing my 2# waist belt.

I'm not sure - I heard such good things about her sets, so I checked out her website. Actually, there was a QVC link and it was sold out! It's not being sold anywhere else yet, so I ordered straight from her site. It's a two DVD set (one has 1, 2, 3 miles and arm toning, and the other is a walk away the lbs with friends) and it comes with 2lb weights for the arm work. With summer coming, I need to get ready for my closet full of sleeveless dresses ;)

AnnieDrews
02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Well, Munchy, I think you'll love them!!

Had some other things going on, but worked in 2 Mile Fast Walk w/ weighted belt this morning.:carrot:

carolr3639
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
2 mile walk strong this morning.

Munchy
02-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm busting out the video tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to do the 1 and 2 mile walk around 6am, then the following day I can do the three mile, and the day after the walk with friends and rotate.

I had such a busy weekend filled with moving, cooking, cleaning, superbowl and guests, and lots of Just Dance 3 (wii dance game that can get me sweating!) that I just couldn't get up this morning. I may try to do at least a little tonight and then start my morning routine tomorrow.

Munchy
02-07-2012, 10:55 AM
I ended up doing the one mile walk this morning and LOVED it! I'm going to student basketball game tonight (I work at a school), but if it's not too long, I'll do the two mile tonight and try for the three in the morning.

sluggo44
02-07-2012, 12:40 PM
I feel so good as I did 3 miles last night after stopping for a couple of weeks. I don't know why I do that as I feel so good after I walk. I really want to get back to where I was doing the entire dvd of 5 miles. Going for 4 tonight

carolr3639
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Finished the day with five mile fat burning walk.

Munchy
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I did the three mile this morning before work - so fun!

carolr3639
02-09-2012, 11:30 PM
I laugh when Leslie says that this feel so good. It feels good later but not while I'm doing it. Also, when she talks about tucking the tummy back I think that she might not say that to me almost 63 and ten kids. I try, really I do.

cathyxxx
02-11-2012, 03:38 PM
hey gang :wave: busy busy busy week. i did walk at the mall during lunch a couple of times.

I just did a 40 minute Zumba dvd that my niece loaned me. I liked it. I was sweating. There was one spot where I couldn't figure out what they were doing with their feet so I just marched in place and kept moving like that til i figured it out (well sort of). I think if I did it a few times I would get the hang of it. ;)
hope everybody has a great weekend!
later gaters :wave:

HealthyMeWannabe
02-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi folks! I have Leslie's "Walk Away The Pounds" DVD (mine just has the 1, 2, and 3 mile walks on them) and did the 2 mile walk last night. It was really cute watching my 3 year old try to do the movements with me! :lol: She's so funny!

this may be silly, but I don't own the weights. I bought my DVD for $10 at Wal-Mart years ago and they didn't have any of the weights. So...I use salt canisters instead! They weigh close to 2 pounds each. But boy if they ever come open during a walk I'll have salt all over my carpet! ;) Thankyfully that hasn't happened yet!

cathyxxx
02-13-2012, 10:30 AM
Healthy - that's not silly at all... but as clumsy as I am I would be terrified to use salt canisters LOL I would have that stuff everywhere :faint:

it's great to have you here with us!

hope everybody hsa a great monday!

cathyxxx
02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
hey gang :wave:

I did 2 miles this morning. I used The Big Burn.

has anyone looked at the new "Walk Social" that Leslie has added on her website and on her facebook page? I can't figure out how to post the dvd that was used???

Munchy
02-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I did three miles this morning from the Power Walk with Friends with weights. I did the two mile workout then did the second mile over again.

AnnieDrews
02-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Hello all! I fell off the wagon on my posting commitment!

I have did 3 miles on M, T, W of this week and did 2 Miles with weighted belt this morning. Also added the 5 min. energy boost walk.:carrot:

cathyxxx
02-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Hey gang... I did 3 miles. I used the 5k with a Twist! Hope everybody is well :wave:

cathyxxx
02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Hey gang :) did 2 miles this morning. I used the power walk with friends and 2 lb weights.
Later gaters :wave:

AnnieDrews
02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey all!! I ended last week with 3 miles Friday and 3 miles Saturday. Took Sunday off. Got back to it with miles 1, 3, and 5 from the newest 5 mile walk.

Comment: I may have just been in a grumpy mood this morning, but I noticed something that bothered me. I had bought the new 5 mile walk a while back and used it for the first time this a.m. Is it just me, or are there obviously 3 professional exercise video gals in that group. I can spot them a mile away. It just annoys me because usually the ENTIRE group are normal people and those tanned and skimpily clad bodies really stuck out. Maybe it was just me....Also, there were some moves on there that were really hard on my knees. I like new moves, but these may be too much for my knees. I'll give it some time. Rant over. :)

cathyxxx
02-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Hey Annie - it's good to see you!! you're just walkin up a storm ;)

Annie - is this your comment on the new 5 mile walk? or something you quoted from someone else?

I really like the music on this new dvd and I like the studio. it's bright and colorful. i've seen some comments about the belly shots on the younger fit girls, but didn't really give it any thought. I like the dvd and enjoy working out with it, but that's just me ;)

did you see on amazon that there is another new one coming out on march 27? it's called The Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone-Ultimate-Walk-Plan/dp/B006NKFAA6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329772007&sr=8-1

there is a piece of a video there that shows it's in the same studio.
I am excited to get that one too.
later gater ;)

AnnieDrews
02-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, that comment is mine. I guess it just bothers me because her vids always seem to have everyday people in them. I'll still do her walks, but this one rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Probably my mood!! I was grumpy this morning because my son had off school and fiance had off work for Pres. Day and I didn't.:(

carolr3639
02-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Still doing 2 to 5 mi. each day but Sun. I love the new 5 mile especially the music. I do 1 to 3 in the morning and 4 and 5 in the eventing. Lately I just haven't had time to do the whole thing at once. Another one I love is and old one Walk Strong with weights. I use 3 pound and hope to work up to 5. I know some of the girls in the new one are really fit but there are quite a few that are ordinary. So glad to hear of a new one.

carolr3639
02-20-2012, 06:39 PM
You can view a clip of the new video.

http://www.collagevideo.com/searchresults.aspx?type=all&search=Ultimate+5+Day+Walk+Plan+Leslie+sansone

cathyxxx
02-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Annie, I had to work too. :( and I gotta work tomorrow too and fight the Mardi gras crowds :( I feel ur pain girl. Hugs!!

I just did 2 miles. I used the Walk Down your Blood Sugar DVD

Carol u r doing great!!! :)

Later gaters :wave:

cathyxxx
02-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Awwww the new one looks great :) I'm anxious to get it :)

AnnieDrews
02-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Hey girls! I did the 3 Mile Boot Camp w/ bands this morning.

It isn't the fact that there are fit girls on the new 5 mile DVD, it's just that they are dressed a little skimpy and see like actors. I love seeing fit people on Leslie's DVDs! It's motivating!!:)

AnnieDrews
02-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Hey all! I started my 50th birthday with 4 miles (from 5 mile Fat Burning Walk). :carrot: I knew I would be eating a big supper and cake tonight, so worked in a little extra.

sotypical
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Look at me, back on 3FC again. It is like a fun game of yo-yo. hah.

The boyfriend bought me a FitBit for Valentine's Day, so I have dusted off my Walk Away the Pounds DVDs and done them for the last 4 days. Will be doing one tonight too. :D Thought I would jump in here, help keep me accountable.

Ordered two new ones on eBay this morning too. Hope they don't take too long to come.

Anyway hi everyone, hope you don't mind me jumping in.

AnnieDrews
02-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Sotypical! Kind of slow around here this week. Hopefully, it will pick up soon!

I did 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk this morning. I had backed off on hand weights since I've been having trouble with my shoulder. But it has been a bit better so I used one pound weights this morning.

I didn't weigh in today as we went out to supper for my b-day yesterday and I had a huge meal (prime rib!) AND b-day cake after. Just hoping not to have a gain.

sotypical
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi AnnieDrews!

Yesterday I did 4 Mile Super challenge and the day before 2 miles of the 3 mile advanced.

Probably taking today and tomorrow off. Just too busy to fit any videos in.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

AnnieDrews
02-24-2012, 01:48 PM
2 Mile Walk Off Even More Weight w/ belt.:carrot:

cathyxxx
02-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey Annie :) sorry I'm late but HAPPY HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY girl! What a greAt way to kick off 50 with a great big walk!!! Hugs, Cathy
:bday2you:

cathyxxx
02-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey courtnie :wave: it's great to c u girl :)

umimar
02-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi everybody, I am new to 3FC, I am currently doing the 5 mile fat burning walk. I read you guys every morning to encourage myself to walk after work. Keep posting and keep encouraging me!:)

cathyxxx
02-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Welcome umimar! It's great to have u walking and posting with us! :)

I just did 3 miles . I used the new 5 Really big miles. I did the 1st, 3rd and 5th miles along with the warm up and cool down. And then I worked out with hand weights.

Hope everybody has a great day! :wave:

umimar
02-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks Cathy! I am glad I joined this forum, it's definitely helping me stay motivated and exercise every day. I did another 5 miles today. I am curious to know if anybody wears a pedometer when walking the miles. As I said, I do the 5 mile walk and I wear my Fitbit, but it definitely doesn't show the 5 miles, maybe 4 miles tops. Has anybody experienced this?
Keep it up, people!

carolr3639
02-25-2012, 08:04 PM
I read somewhere that because there are knee lifts and kicks, a pedometer doesn't work.

SanityNow
02-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi! this thread caught my attention. I couldn't wrap my head around an 'indoor' walking dvd, so I checked it out on youtube. It looks like fun! I ordered the 5 mile dvd - figured I could do as much as I can and work my way up....can't wait to try it out.

umimar
02-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Another 5 mile day here. I had to stick to the walking instead of the side steps cause my left knee is bothering me. how is everybody doing?

sotypical
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Cathy! Great to see you again.

Umimar - I find some videos my fitbit is right on or even a bit over the number of miles on the DVD and other days it is short. I think part of it has to do with how hard I am working out. I also don't think it registers the kicks the same, especially if your foot is lightly touching the ground. But if I am working out hard it seems to pick it up - if that make sense?

I haven't done any videos for the last three days - Friday was a reset day. Saturday I spent a lot of time walking around the city and shopping and ending up with over 15,000 steps and 36 "flights of stairs." And today I just walked in place while watching TV rather then a video - the work out wasn't the same but I did for an hour and 40 min and did 10,000 steps while just watching TV.

umimar
02-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Great job, Sotypical! There's always time for some walking, even when watching TV.
I ordered a HRM, we'll see what it says when I got it and walk with it...

AnnieDrews
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Hello everyone! So nice to see new faces!!

I took Sat. off but did the 5 Really Big Miles in it's entirety on Sunday (first time I did it all). Wow! What a workout. I had to back off on some of the moves because of my knees and still they were a bit sore. I put ice on them last night and they are doing better.

I did 3 miles this morning with weight belt.

I've never worn a pedometer or counted steps. I go by the mileage on each DVD and feel okay with that.:carrot:

sotypical
02-27-2012, 02:41 PM
I've never worn a pedometer or counted steps. I go by the mileage on each DVD and feel okay with that.:carrot:

I never used to. But I find I try harder when I am wearing it. I know exactly how many steps I have taken, and if its not 10,000 I try really hard to get 10,000. Get off the bus early, park father away, etc. Stuff I normally don't think about if I don't have a step goal and know my numbers.

The other day for example I was at 17 flights of stairs, so I ran up and down the stairs more times until I got to 25 just to get my 25 flights of stairs badge.

umimar
02-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Another 5 mile session here. I followed Sotypical advice and yesterday was watching part of the Oscars while walking in place. I am sure I looked a bit weird ;)

carolr3639
02-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Were you doing the video and watching the oscars?

AnnieDrews
02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Happy Tuesday!! I did miles 1, 2, 3 and 4 of the 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk this morning. Really wanted to get in that 5th mile, but ran out of time.

sotypical
02-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Were you doing the video and watching the oscars?

When I was walking while watching TV I just made up my own thing following the moves from the videos. I defiantly didn't go as fast as when I do the actual video - my FitBit tells me this, haha.

I thought about sticking a DVD in my laptop and have it playing while watching TV at the same time but that just sounded too tricky and knowing my luck I would kick the laptop off the coffee table or something.

I didn't get a video in yesterday, but I did get in 10,000 steps anyway.

This morning I got up at 5 so I could fit in a video before work - I did the 4 Mile Super Challenge.

carolr3639
02-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Did the five really big miles the last 2 days, 3 in the morning and 2 in the evening.

umimar
02-28-2012, 11:37 PM
I was watching the Oscars and just walking in place, no video, I totally looked weird but who cares, more miles!
I haven't done the video today, no time (birthday dinner :P portion control was hard but done :) ) now I am trying to walk a little bit at home to go over 10k steps.
It sounds like you guys did a good job today!

cathyxxx
02-29-2012, 10:29 AM
hey gang

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the 5 Day Slim Down dvd.

My oldest son finished the turnaround he was working yesterday sooooooo I have 5 am back to myself. ;)

hope everybody has a great :running: day!

AnnieDrews
02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Hello! I didn't get good sleep last night so I did almost 2 miles this morning. I used miles 1 & 2 of the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk.

carolr3639
02-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Hello! I didn't get good sleep last night so I did almost 2 miles this morning. I used miles 1 & 2 of the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk.
I know how that goes. Only did 2 miles today.

umimar
02-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi everybody, when you guys say "only" I don't think it is only, it's a lot! it means you are committed no matter what, even if you only have a little bit of time or you didn't get a good sleep. Every step counts!

And in case anybody was wondering, I finally got my HRM and I did the 5 mile walk with it and I burned 583 calories (weighing 191 lb. and 5'7") I think it's a very good workout!

Keep it up, ladies!!!

cathyxxx
03-01-2012, 07:56 AM
I agree with unimar!!! there is no ONLY about it!!! it's really hard to get up and exercise after a sleepless nite or when we're not feeling good! y'all are doing great!!!

unimar that is awesome news on the 583 calories fort hat walk. I'm going to start up the March thread, so would you please post that info there too so that everyone will see it. thanks so much.

see y'all on the march thread gang :wave: