Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : MRC February 2012 Thread

JenB72
02-01-2012, 08:16 AM
I hope everyone has a great month!!!

:val1::val1::val1:

nwcgina
02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Welcome to February! I forgot and posted in January:) here's to my last month on plan...then on to stabilization!!!

Fluffy in Florida
02-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Welcome to February! Can't believe January is over all ready. Congratulations nwcgina! Good luck.

patzi
02-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Welcome to February... Wishing everyone a great weight loss this week and on thru the month.

Iforgot to ask when I weighed in yesterday what the new programs are.

Patzi

JenB72
02-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I've decided to set a non-weight goal for myself this month...more sleep! This is after only getting about 6 hours last night and feeling blah today. I had heard about how sleep helps you lose weight, but I never took the time to see what they were talking about. I found a great article on WebMD. Check this out:

Understanding the Sleep-Diet Connection
The sleep-diet connection is regular fodder for diet books and magazine articles. Maybe you have even heard about the sleep diet, which suggests you can lose weight while you catch your ZZZs.

And it’s true, sort of.

“It’s not so much that if you sleep, you will lose weight, but if you are sleep-deprived, meaning that you are not getting enough minutes of sleep or good quality sleep, your metabolism will not function properly,” explains Michael Breus, PhD, author of Beauty Sleepand the clinical director of the sleep division for Arrowhead Health in Glendale, Ariz.

On average, we need about 7.5 hours of quality sleep per night, he says. “If you are getting this already, another half hour will not help you lose 10 pounds, but if you are a five-hour sleeper and start to sleep for seven hours a night, you will start dropping weight.”

Exactly how lack of sleep affects our ability to lose weight has a lot to do with our nightly hormones, explains Breus.

The two hormones that are key in this process are ghrelin and leptin. “Ghrelin is the ‘go’ hormone that tells you when to eat, and when you are sleep-deprived, you have more ghrelin,” Breus says. “Leptin is the hormone that tells you to stop eating, and when you are sleep deprived, you have less leptin.”

More ghrelin plus less leptin equals weight gain.

“You are eating more, plus your metabolism is slower when you are sleep-deprived,” Breus says.

So, my goal is lights out no later than 11:30 pm every night since I have to be up by 6:30 am. No iPhone and no tv. Those are my downfalls. If I can do it earlier, I will try. But I figure I have to start somewhere. And who knows, I may feel tons better for it. :yawn:

Rocki
02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
JenB..Is the ad you're in with you in a red dress? I'm pretty sure it is, and if so, it's here in my local newspaper today! I think I saw it a few weeks back and it didn't register! Way to go..that is just SO awesome!

JenB72
02-01-2012, 12:56 PM
JenB..Is the ad you're in with you in a red dress? I'm pretty sure it is, and if so, it's here in my local newspaper today! I think I saw it a few weeks back and it didn't register! Way to go..that is just SO awesome!

LOL Yup, that's it. Was it in the St. Pete/Tampa Times?

Cassie T
02-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Hey Guys!!! Sorry I've been MIA for awhile...been super super busy and my computers all over my house haven't been working correctly. Finally have one fixed so I can come see you guys more!!! YAY! As of monday I was sitting at the 20 pound board. I am five pounds behind what I should be and my councelor is....well not very nice about it. I'm not letting it slow me down though cause this is the farthest I've ever gotten in my dieting without quitting! So it's on to bigger and better numbers.

DH was sooo great Sunday...we made a mad dash up to Bella Vista, AR which is an hour and a half away from home so I could buy an Elliptical. (Very pricey, almost new, beautiful elliptical!) I got it off craigslist and it was super cheap compared to what they sell for in stores. During the trip up and back we talked about ME! How he's proud of me for not quitting, proud of my willpower to keep going and resist things that he's had sitting out forever and a day. He also said that I was looking gorgeous. Of course, that kinda got a frowny face cause he always calls me gorgeous. He requalified that with all his guys friends are commenting on my weight loss and some we're heard saying Russ' wife was looking smoking! :D I don't know of anyone who that wouldn't have made their day!

I think I am going to go back to the centers HNS just to see if I can tell a difference in the weightloss. The nutrition info for what I was using is better than their HNS and I know that protidiet brand and the MRC brand are most likely made in same factory...but I kinda just want to check. So I'll try another month of just strictly MRC and if I see more of a loss, I'll probably just stick with theirs through the remainder of my program.

I can't wait to catch up with everybody again!!! Have a great day guys!!! And enjoy Super Bowl weekend!!! Thank God I'll be working soo no temptations to snack! YAY FOR ME!!!

rachels77
02-01-2012, 01:43 PM
JenB - Totally agree on the sleep issue. I've always had better weigh-ins after I've gotten at lease 7 hours per night... feel even better when I get 8 or so! I never believed it would have an effect until I gained 2 pounds after the day after Thanksgiving up-all-night-for-the-sales-hunting fiasco!

Cassie - Congratulations! New elliptical is rockin'! I use mine when I can't get to Zumba or if I'm feeling "blah". I love your comments about your husband. My husband also calls me beautiful all the time and I didn't believe him because he did even before I lost the weight. He tells me that my body has always been beautiful and that it's even more special for the babies it's given to him... stretchmarks and all! It's sweet of your hubby to encourage you. I think it makes all the difference...

I'm struggling with accepting compliments on my weight loss, for some reason. It kind of embarrasses me or I don't believe they're really meaning it...

Fluffy in Florida
02-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I know what you guys mean about not believing your spouses when telling you are beautiful. Mine, as yours, has always told me I'm beautiful even when heavier. It wasn't until others told me that I started believing it. The other day I repeated something a coworker said to me and he said "I just said that to you but you never believe me. It takes someone else to tell you before you believe it?" I told him yes because he loves me unconditionally and hearing it from someone not like that makes me believe it more. He just started laughing and said whatever it takes. Gotta love it. hehe

Rocki
02-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Awesome job Cassie, Fluffy and Rachel! You all are doing great and you're all beautiful! :) I'm totally with you on the hubby saying it all the time..It somehow seems more "real" when others say it b/c they may not see you every day and don't love you no matter what! :) But, same can be said for most hubbys..I tell mine something and it's in one ear, out the other. His BFF tells him something and all of a sudden its gospel! :) LOL

RaRaF
02-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone. Happy February! I've had a rough couple of days for some reason. Not really sure why, other than I'm sort of fighting a head cold and haven't been sleeping--which might be my answer. I broke down and ate pizza last night with the family because I was just HUNGRY. Then we made oatmeal raisin cookies for grandpa's birthday--because we do every year--and I had two of those for breakfast this morning. I'm better now though, so I don't really know what it was. Just had a completely OP lunch and haven't snacked or anything so maybe it was just a fluke. I am just SO ready to be DONE.
Off topic--but whatever happened to the lady who had lost almost 100 lbs.? She worked with candy or something, and traveled a lot. I don't remember her name, but she was SO motivated. I just wondered what happened to her, as I haven't seen anything of her since before Christmas.

LeoTheLioness
02-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Welcome to February!
Tomorrow will be my milestone for being 30 days on the plan!
I feel like I still have the same amount of motivation and determination, but February is going to be a tough month for me.

2/3 - Superbowl Party (100% chance I'll have treats)
2/10 - Birthday Party (100% chance I'll have treats)
2/14 - THAT day. :D (50% chance I'll have treats)
2/16 - Retirement Party (10% chance I'll have treats)

At last weigh in, I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't gain any either. I find myself almost afraid to put ANYTHING in my mouth (even the OP food). I don't want to throw myself into starvation, so I'm working really hard to eat everything OP, and not go more than 2-3 hours before having a meal or HNS. I'm afraid of what the scale is going to say Friday - if I haven't lost anything, I'm going to be REALLY bummed.

On a more positive note - congrats to all the ladies whose husbands (and friends) have noticed & complimented you on your weight loss. If I may be so bold as to offer a bit of advice, just say, "thank you!" and keep it moving no matter if your internal voice is saying something else. ;)

M Wants to Live
02-01-2012, 04:59 PM
I did forget about the temptations that are going to be at the superbowl party's. Oh No.

- I am going to try and put an HSN in a wine glass or better yet maybe fill an empty beer can up with an HSN :) What ever works.

Any other suggestions?

LeoTheLioness
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I did forget about the temptations that are going to be at the superbowl party's. Oh No.

- I am going to try and put an HSN in a wine glass or better yet maybe fill an empty beer can up with an HSN :) What ever works.

Any other suggestions?

Yes. The party I'm attending doesn't start until almost 5 p.m., so -
1) I plan to follow the menu the entire day as opposed to "going crazy" the whole day.

2) I'm limiting the amount of each treat I'm going to have.

3) I will be drinking plenty of water - before, during & after.

4) I will remain relatively sober since alcohol tends to make me say, "to **** with it!" :D

5) I like Vodka AND Wine. If I drink Vodka, I'm going to mix it with flavored, sparkling mineral water & a twist of lime. If I drink wine, there will be no mixing. LOL!

Tamikl
02-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Well, had my Stabilization WI and hit the 150's!!!!!!!!!!!! 159.8 to be exact :carrot: Very happy about this...I have another 2 weeks on Stabilization, then onto Maintenance! So far, sooo good:) I love adding all of the new items to my diet, and many times have to remind myself while I am eating something that I am not cheating, that I am allowed this or that now!! Some of the re-introduced items feel like a cheat treat!! LOL

I agree with the discussion on hubby's compliements and others....I too have a real hard time getting the attention from others (very shy about it), and when my husband compliments, it makes me feel good, but I can't say I totally agree with him. I am clearly changing on the outside, but my self-confidence/perception on the inside remains a bit weak.... You would think that I could look in the mirror and just be like "wow..." but no, I look and while I see differences I am happy about, I definitely zero in on areas that need attention.

This journey is not all about the physical weight we lose...there is most definitely an emotional/psychological aspect to all of this as well....and so the journey continues :)

We are what we tell ourselves we are, so going forward, now that I don't have to be so hard on myself to lose weight every week, maybe I will focus on a daily compliment to myself. I will let you all know how that works!! haha

tiredofbeingtired
02-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Happy Febuary! In 15 short days I will start pre-conditioning! I can't wait! I'm so excited :) Just thinking about having a new healthy body by the spring/summer lord willing makes me smile :) whooo hoooo!!!!!

eb102106
02-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Happy February! Congrats to all for making it another month! :carrot:

camaswa
02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Welcome to February! I forgot and posted in January:) here's to my last month on plan...then on to stabilization!!!
Me too! I'm going to get there this month!

camaswa
02-01-2012, 07:53 PM
I haven't been into the center since before my weeklong trip last week, but on my scales I am down at least 2 pounds. With traveling! Airplanes, restaurants, etc. I am thrilled. It's just the motivation I needed to start February strong. I have quite a few social evenings this month, and while I am never perfect at them, I am doing well enough for me. I don't even want the junk anymore. I do have to bring dessert to a small dinner party this weekend. Does anyone have any ideas??? I was thinking something with fruit so I could have just a tiny bit of the something and a bigger bit of the fruit. I don't know. I'm sure not going to make something and then not have any of it... If it was a big buffet I could but this is just a small dinner at someone's house. I'm just not one of those people who can announce that they are on a diet. I need an idea...

nwcgina
02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
camaswa-"Dessert" ideas on plan...hmmm...some kind of cake (angel food?) or something (ice cream) that you could have strawberries to put over top...then you could eat just mainly the strawberries. You can do this...just think this weekend...I am saying no to pizza, you are saying no to dessert, and were' both stabilizing come March!

Tami-Have you read "Made to Crave?"

Did pretty good today, even with going out to lunch last minute with mother in law...veggie omlette:) But suddenly I'm really nauseated...supposed to be going to a friend's house to raid her 10's & 12's to get me by til I'm ready to commit to a size:) May have to put it off though unless the tummmy starts feeling better.

camaswa
02-01-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm in 12s now too and am wondering if the last 8-10 pounds will get me comfortably in a 10. I do have a couple 10s i kept from another lifetime that I'm almost in. Isn't it funny how expensive clothes run bigger sometimes? As for dessert, some kind of loaf cake with berries is a good thought. Once I tried to make creme brûlée with Splenda and when a broiled the top it instantly blackened and smelled like burning hair. Won't be doing that...

nwcgina
02-01-2012, 11:04 PM
camaswa-Same boat where 12's are fitting (although a few of my friend's didn't...she had soooooo many pants, she's addicted) and in the store a few 10's fit, but def none of hers. But all of the Ann Taylor Loft shirts seemed to run big...reminding me not to get hung up on the size. People can't see (and frankly don't care) if I'm in a 10 or 12 as long as I'm wearing a piece that is complementing me and my shape and style. Looking forward to rebuilding my wardrobe, but with borrowing a ton for a few months I can do it slowly and do some learning on what colors/styles/etc look good on me. And I know I don't want to kill myself to get down to a weight where I can say I'm in a certain size only to not be able to maintain there. I remember one of the thigns that got me to sign up was my consultant telling about her weight loss and how she only ever wanted to fit into a 12 (she's an 8 or 10 now) and I was in tears since that's what I wanted. Now I'm in 12's and realizing that even at a 16, there are clothes that can make you look good (and ones that make you look not so good).

JenB72
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Good Morning, All! First night with my new sleep schedule and I did it. Wasn't too hard since I was so tired. LOL In bed, lights out by 11:00...that's all she wrote. ;) I fell asleep before hubby, so that's saying something. I'm a night owl, he's not.

I've been doing good with my running. After one week, I'm up to 1.5 miles without walking. My legs were doing fine, it's the breathing I need to work on. I probably could have gone longer if pushed to. I'm just happy to be exercising again. :)

And to really motivate me, they are starting a wellness program at my work. This morning I went in for my stats. The one that made me smile was I was measured at 5' 5". Off to change my profile info.

bigdog
02-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi, Everyone!
FIL survived the surgery (8 hours) YAY!! and is in recovery - doing really well :-) and my MIL is very comfortable in an assisted living community close by so all good :-) now all i have to focus on is my sales job and losing more weight on this plan (and not regaining!)

i know everyone goes through all kinds of things daily - it's called Life! and we will all have ups and downs. even though i have been out of my comfort zone, i've found i can make good choices wherever i am. they had healthy choices at the hospital cafe...fish, veggies, salad... i have my protein bars if i'm hungry and even shook up a few HNSs a day going through all this. Outback 6 oz sirloin w/ steamed broccoli and salad is one of my fave meals! i even take the 2 oz home w/ me or even if i eat it, i don't gain. the carbs are what makes me gain, not an extra bit of protein.
had a subway club the other day and now i am trained to only eat 40 cal. of the bread! :-) - Plus i know if i remain healthy, then i can really hope to stay away from the hospitals, right? :-) i tell you what is really motivating.... my FIL who is overweight, it actually made it a little bit more difficult to perform the surgery (from the doctor's mouth) so that really hit home w/ me. talk about motivation!!!

anyway, back to work to catch up and the good news is, i didn't gain... even w/ family in town and my silly bro in law that wants to have cocktails out every night!!!
have a great week everyone,

bigdog
02-02-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm in 12s now too and am wondering if the last 8-10 pounds will get me comfortably in a 10. I do have a couple 10s i kept from another lifetime that I'm almost in. Isn't it funny how expensive clothes run bigger sometimes? As for dessert, some kind of loaf cake with berries is a good thought. Once I tried to make creme brûlée with Splenda and when a broiled the top it instantly blackened and smelled like burning hair. Won't be doing that...

haha, sounds like one of my experiments! i make the SFFF jello w/ non fat Greek yogurt and mix in blender and then chill. you can also add strawberries or other fruits. i'll cheat and add lite cool whip (20 cal) it's so good! my DH laughs at me because i have a pantry full of different flavors! the lime jello w/ strawberries though looks like something died in the frig...my DH has thrown it away before...it's kinda purple moldy looking :dizzy:

Tamikl
02-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I haven't been into the center since before my weeklong trip last week, but on my scales I am down at least 2 pounds. With traveling! Airplanes, restaurants, etc. I am thrilled. It's just the motivation I needed to start February strong. I have quite a few social evenings this month, and while I am never perfect at them, I am doing well enough for me. I don't even want the junk anymore. I do have to bring dessert to a small dinner party this weekend. Does anyone have any ideas??? I was thinking something with fruit so I could have just a tiny bit of the something and a bigger bit of the fruit. I don't know. I'm sure not going to make something and then not have any of it... If it was a big buffet I could but this is just a small dinner at someone's house. I'm just not one of those people who can announce that they are on a diet. I need an idea...

I have got it! You said "dessert" and it made me think of the MRC lemon cheesecake right away! Do just a graham cracker crust, and if you want to, you could put fruit on top and FF whip cream?? I don't know...some ingredients may be off program, but the "meat" of the dish is totally OP!! People seem to like it and have no idea it is healthy or made mostly of cottage cheese!!

Tamikl
02-02-2012, 10:49 AM
camaswa-"Dessert" ideas on plan...hmmm...some kind of cake (angel food?) or something (ice cream) that you could have strawberries to put over top...then you could eat just mainly the strawberries. You can do this...just think this weekend...I am saying no to pizza, you are saying no to dessert, and were' both stabilizing come March!

Tami-Have you read "Made to Crave?"

Did pretty good today, even with going out to lunch last minute with mother in law...veggie omlette:) But suddenly I'm really nauseated...supposed to be going to a friend's house to raid her 10's & 12's to get me by til I'm ready to commit to a size:) May have to put it off though unless the tummmy starts feeling better.

I found that this is a book...thought it was a forum somewhere! I will need to look into it! Thanks :)

bigdog
02-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I have got it! You said "dessert" and it made me think of the MRC lemon cheesecake right away! Do just a graham cracker crust, and if you want to, you could put fruit on top and FF whip cream?? I don't know...some ingredients may be off program, but the "meat" of the dish is totally OP!! People seem to like it and have no idea it is healthy or made mostly of cottage cheese!!

what's the recipe? yum!!!!

Tamikl
02-02-2012, 10:55 AM
what's the recipe? yum!!!!

It is in the MRC cookbook..if you don't have it, I will post it...just let me know!

bigdog
02-02-2012, 11:00 AM

i have the cookbook but i think it's the older one (ordered from amazon since my center was out of them) and it does have the Amazing Cheesecake but not the lemon... it does call for a pkg of lemon supplement so maybe the same? i have all the ingredients except for lemon supplem...i do have lemon juice...

rachels77
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Wow! Congrats on the losses ladies and the new perspectives!

I haven't made the cheesecake, but I did make the pumpkin one around Thanksgiving... it was alright but I think I didn't get the cottage cheese smooth enough. Do you guys have any ideas?

I thought a fruit try with some sort of OP dip and will an off-plan chocolate fondue dip for those who wish to have something different...

BigDog - so happy to hear your FIL's surgery went well. I gained alot of my initial weight when my daughter was in the hospital alot -from both the stress of having a sick kiddo and from eating badly. But, you're right, we move on and make it work!

camaswa
02-02-2012, 11:34 AM
The cheesecake is a great idea! I time, I may do a trial run the day before to make sure it is good enough to take to a dinner party. I could always eat it for breakfast if it isn't.

Bigdog, really great news from you! To be in that kind of situation and maintain is fantastic! You are so close to your goal too! February can totally be your month!

Tamikl
02-02-2012, 12:49 PM
i have the cookbook but i think it's the older one (ordered from amazon since my center was out of them) and it does have the Amazing Cheesecake but not the lemon... it does call for a pkg of lemon supplement so maybe the same? i have all the ingredients except for lemon supplem...i do have lemon juice...

Yes, the lemon is the same recipe as the "amazing" Here it is:) I don't know what to substitute the lemon supplement with, though..I am not real creative in this area!!

Cheesecake recipe

Filling:
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese (1% milk fat)
1 pkg. vanilla shake supplement
1 pkg lemon supplement
2 pkgs Splenda
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1 pkg. Knox unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup hot water
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Crust:
1 cup melba toast
2 tsp. oil
2 pkgs. Splenda

Mix crust ingredients in blender and press in pie pan. Chill while mixing the filling. Mix gelatin with hot water in blender on high. Add remaining ingredients and pour in crust. Chill before serving

Servings: 4
Beginning: Meta Slim Day 11, Meal - Breakfast
Meta Slim Plus Day 5, Meal - Breakfast
Two Meal Plan, Meal - Breakfast

Replaces 4 oz. protein, 1 bread, 1/2 supplement

Tamikl
02-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Wow! Congrats on the losses ladies and the new perspectives!

I haven't made the cheesecake, but I did make the pumpkin one around Thanksgiving... it was alright but I think I didn't get the cottage cheese smooth enough. Do you guys have any ideas?

I thought a fruit try with some sort of OP dip and will an off-plan chocolate fondue dip for those who wish to have something different...

BigDog - so happy to hear your FIL's surgery went well. I gained alot of my initial weight when my daughter was in the hospital alot -from both the stress of having a sick kiddo and from eating badly. But, you're right, we move on and make it work!

I put the ingredients in my blender and they combine until smooth...no cottage cheese clumps! Just blend on high speed and pour into crust:) It will be sorta thick.

rachels77
02-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks, Tami! I'll attempt it again. One more question... I love the pink lemonade HNS but haven't done the lemon. Before I buy a whole box, is the lemon okay to drink straight as a part of the daily HNS?

JenB72
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Lost a pound at my weigh in at lunch. :) The only issue I'm having now is that TTOM hasn't started yet. 0% chance I'm pregnant. I think my body is in shock from me running again. :woops:

Anyone else have issues with TTOM when they started exercising?

LeoTheLioness
02-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Yes, the lemon is the same recipe as the "amazing" Here it is:) I don't know what to substitute the lemon supplement with, though..I am not real creative in this area!!

Use fresh lemon juice, lemon zest or lemon extract. :D
Those are probably even more lemony than the supplement anyway!

LeoTheLioness
02-02-2012, 01:59 PM
[QUOTE=bigdog;4200368]Hi, Everyone!
even though i have been out of my comfort zone, i've found i can make good choices wherever i am.

the carbs are what makes me gain, not an extra bit of protein.
had a subway club the other day and now i am trained to only eat 40 cal. of the bread! :-) QUOTE]

Hi BD!
So happy for you that things turned out well for your FIL.

I agree with everything you said! You CAN make good choices WHEREVER you are! This hits home with me because over the last couple days, I've been "out of sorts" when it comes to dinner so I find myself grabbing a salad from one restaurant or another. But before I do, I've gotten in the habit of looking up the restaurant's nutritional information - specifically focusing on carbs (THE DEVIL). You'd be surprised at the number of carbs on these "low-cal" menus. Of course "low cal" is fine, but I want low-cal, high protein & LOW DEVIL! LOL!

And speaking of deli sandwiches, today the office ordered Jimmy John's and I had an "un wich" (lettuce-wrapped sandwich). JJ's has a REALLY COOL website where you can build your sandwich in their "nutritional information" tab and you can see how bread, mayo & other ingredients affect calories & the devil. I ended up with a #12 Beach Club Unwich w/dijon mustard, cheese, lettuce & cherry peppers (185 cal, 9g fat, 6g the devil, 20g protein). :D The sodium was HORRID though (1,234 mg)! :(

bigdog
02-02-2012, 02:29 PM
a Jimmy Johns just opened - i'll check it out-- haven't been there yet and it's right around the corner. sweet!! i forgot about lettuce wraps...my DH used to make Asian chicken strips and wrapped them in bibb lettuce and dipped in either a spicy peanut satay sauce or asian sauce... should be good dipped in low sodium soy sauce :-) i don't worry too much about sodium but do step up the water and try not to have night before weigh in...

i'm having dinner w/ my MIL at the assist. living tonight- i told her we have a date, don't be late! their menus are the biggest meal at b-fast, medium for lunch and very light dinners, small portions and always lean protein and veggies. even the desserts are very small portion so maybe i'll have more meals w/ her while her sweetie is in the hospital for recovery.. those little ladies were totally hitting on my DH last night...they were like, hello? we can HELP you and they all started giggling. i was like, hey, ya'll need to back off!! he's my man. LOL! alot of them carry their own wine to dinner either by wheelchair, walker or whatever!

thks Tamiki for dessert idea - i think i'll make it and eat like a pudding and not do the crust...i only have garlic and Three pepper melba toast - that would be nasty w/ lemon -haha

Rocki - hang in there - thoughts and prayers for you - not to tell you what to do, but at least try to maintain because you will feel better and less stressed. i know you will be okay. also, tell them you want those tests right away - i had to go through something similar awhile ago and my doc appts were a month apart. it was crazy!! then they find out it's fibroids. it was right before my wedding so that just added to the stress big time. needless to say i immediately switched to a woman ob/gyn after that who would have known it was submucous fibroids and not freaking cancer like they had me tested for that went on for a year..

rachels77
02-02-2012, 05:19 PM
...The only issue I'm having now is that TTOM hasn't started yet. 0% chance I'm pregnant. I think my body is in shock from me running again. :woops:

Anyone else have issues with TTOM when they started exercising?

Hey, JenB -
I started my elliptical and Zumba not long after joining ... and unfortunately STILL have some issues with TOM. I'm on BC pills and recently visited my gyno who suggested changing brands. He indicated that my spotting and starting two times per month were normal when your body adjusts to weight loss and new activity. He changed the brands and then gave me appointment in another two months to see how I'm doing.

It has gotten much better the past three weeks, so I think my body just needed the adjustment time.

Hope that helps!

rachels77
02-02-2012, 05:22 PM
BigDog -
Your story about the assisted living ladies CRACKED me up! My hubster is also quite popular with the senior ladies at church who think he's just a "doll"! Glad you're doing well and dealing with the difficult situation and being there for your MIL. Such an inspiration!

Tamikl
02-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks, Tami! I'll attempt it again. One more question... I love the pink lemonade HNS but haven't done the lemon. Before I buy a whole box, is the lemon okay to drink straight as a part of the daily HNS?

Yes, I think the lemon tastes like lemonade...so if u like that, you will be ok with the HNS😊

JenB72
02-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Hey, JenB -
I started my elliptical and Zumba not long after joining ... and unfortunately STILL have some issues with TOM. I'm on BC pills and recently visited my gyno who suggested changing brands. He indicated that my spotting and starting two times per month were normal when your body adjusts to weight loss and new activity. He changed the brands and then gave me appointment in another two months to see how I'm doing.

It has gotten much better the past three weeks, so I think my body just needed the adjustment time.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, Rachel! That makes me feel better. It started a day late, but at least it started last night. My thoughts, the sooner it starts, the sooner it ends. ;)

LeoTheLioness
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Good Morning!
Went for the weigh-in today and down .5 lb. :carrot: NOT what I was expecting, but .5 down is better than .5 up (especially considering the treats I had last weekend for daughter's birthday) :D.

I bought my first creamy today (Vanilla) specifically for the purpose of nutritionally comparing it with a protein powder I ordered (that's another thread though "Protein Shakes & Drinks").

Since I've got this new eating plan down pretty good, it's time to incorporate some exercise, so treadmill & elliptical & Zumba class - here I come!

camaswa
02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
My stabilization planning session is scheduled for next Saturday! I'm 6 pounds from goal today. Down 26. February really IS going to be the month!

YAY!

patzi
02-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Camaswa....
Good for you.. Nice place to be .. Almost there.... You will love stabilization and you will love maintenance more.. Be proud of yourself.

Patzi

patzi
02-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Found something relative eating carbs... On maintenance I have a piece of baked oatmeal each afternoon with a cup of iced coffee... I find if I have some fat free Greek yogurt with this, I am full until supper time.. I am lactose intolerant on some dairy, but Greek yogurt I can have.. I had mentioned to Tami that I had taken the yogurt and added the powder of sugar free fat free pudding to it . So, that is my new maintenance treat. I am glad, as I find sometimes when I have the baked oatmeal(recipe in recipe forum) and maybe the maintenance forum) I have great cravings and could eat forever , and I won't have it for a couple of days .. But with yogurt, it works out fine as there are no cravings and a great full feeling.

Patzi

Tamikl
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Hey Patzi! Real quick...in search for one of your recipes, I came across a post about how on Stabilization, your protein was increased to 6oz from 4oz? Is this correct? My counselor hasn't mentioned changing mine to me...so just curious.

By the way...your Quiche recipe in the muffin pan is a hit in our home! I have a husband and 3 kids..and they all have them gone before I could even think of freezing any!! Thank you for sharing it...I use the Southwestern Eggbeaters....with ground turkey sausage, cheese, and tabasco! Yummy!! Next I am going to make your Oatmeal bake :)

Tamikl
02-03-2012, 08:38 PM
My stabilization planning session is scheduled for next Saturday! I'm 6 pounds from goal today. Down 26. February really IS going to be the month!

YAY!

So happy for you! You will love it!! Maybe we can start up a "Stabilization" forum!!

Fluffy in Florida
02-03-2012, 08:40 PM
:val1::val1::val1:Way to go camaswa!!

WI today and down 1.5 lbs which meant I signed the 40 lbs board. I can't remember the last time I was under 200.:val1::val1:

fatburningmama
02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Congratulations, FIF! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?

fatburningmama
02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I just realized that I am now passed the half way mark to my goal...woohoo!!

I tried ProDiet and WonderSlim drinks this week from Diet Direct just to see how a few of the different flavors tasted..so far so good. Not necessarily cheaper than MRC but I like the wildberry and the lemon liquid concentrate. I also had one of the Chocolate Wafer bars from MRC -- oh so good, like a kitkat bar. Good thing I only had one that was given to me as a prize - I would have certainly been tempted for more.

camaswa
02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Camaswa....
Good for you.. Nice place to be .. Almost there.... You will love stabilization and you will love maintenance more.. Be proud of yourself.

Patzi
Thank you! I am proud. I know it's not as big a loss as so mony here have accomplished, but it's still a big deal to me! I feel so much better and I really want to learn to keep it off.

dragonzmama
02-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Do you think we can substitute the expensive HNS sold at the center for GNC's Syntrax Nectar (whey isolate powder). Instead of a full scoop of Syntrax (100 cal / 0 carb / 23 g protein) I want to measure 3/4 of a scoop (75 cal / 0 carb / 18 g protein) so the caloric content will be closer to the 70 calories in the HNS. A little more sodium, but I am drinking over 100 oz of water throughout the day so that should not be a problem, right?

eb102106
02-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Down 2 this morning! Woohoo! :carrot: That's 15 total. Yippee!

Chickadee
02-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Found something relative eating carbs... On maintenance I have a piece of baked oatmeal each afternoon with a cup of iced coffee... I find if I have some fat free Greek yogurt with this, I am full until supper time.. I am lactose intolerant on some dairy, but Greek yogurt I can have.. I had mentioned to Tami that I had taken the yogurt and added the powder of sugar free fat free pudding to it . So, that is my new maintenance treat. I am glad, as I find sometimes when I have the baked oatmeal(recipe in recipe forum) and maybe the maintenance forum) I have great cravings and could eat forever , and I won't have it for a couple of days .. But with yogurt, it works out fine as there are no cravings and a great full feeling.

Patzi

I have found the same thing Patzi. I gotta have protein to keep me sated. If I had my choice of course, it would be carbs and then some more carbs!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. This forum moves so fast that it's hard to keep up some days! Good job all!

I am down 25.5 pounds on MRC, and 71 from my highest weight. I feel pretty darn good about that! This eating clean, working out and living healthy thing looks like it's paying off.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Chickadee
(who's sad she doesn't get to say Go Broncos! for tomorrow's game)

camaswa
02-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Do you think we can substitute the expensive HNS sold at the center for GNC's Syntrax Nectar (whey isolate powder). Instead of a full scoop of Syntrax (100 cal / 0 carb / 23 g protein) I want to measure 3/4 of a scoop (75 cal / 0 carb / 18 g protein) so the caloric content will be closer to the 70 calories in the HNS. A little more sodium, but I am drinking over 100 oz of water throughout the day so that should not be a problem, right?
This is what Bigdog does and it seems to work for her. I keep a jar (huge) under my desk at work and try to approxiimate 3/4 scoop. I don't know how much that matters, though, because there are zero carbs. I love the taste but find it doesn't mix at all with really cold or really hot water. I get it started with room temp water, then add either hot or cold. I have had it sort of curdle to the point I had to toss it out.

bigdog
02-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Congratulations!!! Camaswa! woo hoo!!!!! Way to go!!! :cp: you always inspire me and love how you overcome obstacles that may get in the way...i always remember you throwing away a box of chocolates!!!! that took alot of balls!! LOL!

driving to the hospital w/ my DH yesterday pm to visit my FIL - i was telling him about Jimmy Johns when we drove by telling him we needed to check it out and told him about the lettuce wraps,etc. and he said that sounded great and he loved OUR new diet :-) i said Carbs are the devil :devil: he thought that was hilarious! (thks Leo!)

my BIL is visiting to spend time w/ mum and dad and anyway he's gained alot of weight. i was in the next room and i hear my DH telling him how to lose weight.. he said, 4 oz protein for each meal and lots of salads. i was cracking up!
Patzi, do you just mix the Jello pudding sugar free fat free powder w/ the non fat greek pudding? how much pudding do you use? i didn't have time for lunch the other day and mixed my strawberry yogurt protein pkg w/ greek yogurt and water, ice and blended in my one serving blender. it was soooo good and filled me up.

bigdog
02-04-2012, 11:58 AM
This is what Bigdog does and it seems to work for her. I keep a jar (huge) under my desk at work and try to approxiimate 3/4 scoop. I don't know how much that matters, though, because there are zero carbs. I love the taste but find it doesn't mix at all with really cold or really hot water. I get it started with room temp water, then add either hot or cold. I have had it sort of curdle to the point I had to toss it out.

i didn't know that GNC sold it..i order from Diet Direct $34.99 for the large container and Chocolate Truffle is my favorite. i like the Roadside Lemonade too (the orange was too much like Tang) i use my single serve blender and mix with ice and water...def. does not mix with hot water at all - you can't even put in blender w/ hot water - i always drink w/ a straw and to me it's like a chocolate shake. i love it w/ left over cold coffee for a mocha choc. shake. i know Arby's is losing money now becuz i used to be addicted to their Jamocha shakes!!

dragonzmama
02-04-2012, 03:20 PM
i didn't know that GNC sold it..i order from Diet Direct $34.99 for the large container and Chocolate Truffle is my favorite. i like the Roadside Lemonade too (the orange was too much like Tang) i use my single serve blender and mix with ice and water...def. does not mix with hot water at all - you can't even put in blender w/ hot water - i always drink w/ a straw and to me it's like a chocolate shake. i love it w/ left over cold coffee for a mocha choc. shake. i know Arby's is losing money now becuz i used to be addicted to their Jamocha shakes!!

I'm sorry. I meant Vitamin Shoppe. It's $34.99. I have the Chocolate Truffle and Strawberry Mouse and both are pretty good substitutes for what MRC sells and much cheaper!

patzi
02-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Tami..
My protein was increased.. So glad you liked the quiche in muffin pans. I love them and change ingredients around from time to time..

My last baked oatmeal was with apples, cranberries, anise flavoring and some lemon flavoring.. It came out sooo good.. Tomorrow I make it for the week and I will make blueberry and banana, with nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon. ...
Blueberry is good with almond flavoring and anise also.. Now I have mine with fat free Greek Yogurt that has been flavored with SF, FF pudding dry mix. Happy camper in that department for sure.

Fluffy in Florida.. Great news.. and congrats on signing the board.. Nice feeling isn't it?

Chickadee... You should feel darn good at your accomplishment.. Be proud of yourself, you have earned it.. Carbs are such a trigger for me.. One day while on diet, I was starving and nothing I ate would satisfy me.. I had a piece of chicken, and there you go, I was fine.. Protein and fat will satisfy me when I have a craving and I try to add that to any carb I have , as for me, it is a good balance, and no weight gain and no craving..

Wishing y'all a great evening .

Patzi

bigdog
02-04-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm sorry. I meant Vitamin Shoppe. It's $34.99. I have the Chocolate Truffle and Strawberry Mouse and both are pretty good substitutes for what MRC sells and much cheaper!

i just checked out the Vitamin Shoppe...the choc. truffle is $41.99 but looks like the other flavors were $33.99 online... i've never tried the strawberry mousse but that sounds really good! would be great w/ frozen strawberries in a blender for lunch... i thought the pink grapefruit looked good too...would be good in the summer w/ vodka on vacation -- High protein Greyhound...w/ a splash of diet cranberry - Sea Breeze! i'm already thinking of summer! it was high 70s today woo hoo!
just got back from visiting FIL in the hospital and we stopped at a Crabhouse on the way home...my weakness - crab stuffed hushpuppies!! i ordered Frogmore Stew...( shrimp, keilbasa sausage, boiled potatoes, 1/2 ear of corn, onions all boiled together) some people call it Lowcountry Boil. i ate most of the shrimp, corn, tasted a bite of the sausage and potatoes ) came w/ 2 sides so i got collard greens and coleslaw. i bought 3/4 of it home and will prob. have for two more meals! planning on taking a LONG walk in the am and prob. doing protein shake in the am and for lunch... the hushpuppies didn't seem like the devil:devil: when i was eating them but feel like i ate a whole Puppy!!! yikes.

bigdog
02-04-2012, 09:33 PM

i just read on the Vitamin shoppe website re: choc. truffle if you are mixing w/ hot coffee or hot water to add the powder to a very small amount of lukewarm coffee, blend well, then add the rest of the hot liquid. i'll try it in the am and see if that works :-)

nwcgina
02-05-2012, 08:05 AM
camaswa-that is soooo awesome. You are so close and we're going to make it.

Helllllo everyone! I made it back from a whirlwind weekend to Nashville. We had a great time. Kept saying it would be a fun place to go without kids to really enjoy all it has to offer. I stayed pretty much on plan. Friday we decided not to go to Chuck E cheese and instead go somewhere that I could have steak and veggies...but the next morning my husband's uncle called and wanted to take us to...guess where, yup, Chuck E Cheese. I thought camaswa is going to kick my butt:) But they had a good salad bar and then was going to have one small piece of pizza as they really didn't have any protein options and my kids ate the fruit I'd gotten from the salad bar. But I volunteered to watch the kids play and when I came back all the pizza and all the wings were gone. So I had just my salad. No worries, I'd just go through the drivethrough of chick fil a next door and get some grilled chicken...but everyone else must have had the same thought and was in the drive through. So I settled for my afternoon protein bar. Sigh. I was a little bit grumpy that no one had thought to save me a piece of pizza or something (none of them except my husband knew of my eating plan). Then I just got grumpier as I got hungrier. But I survived and glad to be back home where I have more control. I really didn't eat off plan...except for a few scooby snacks from my moment of anger/frustration.

All in all, the trip was good. I'll have pictures and the audio clip of our debt free call on my blog and will let you all know when it's there if anyone is interested in listening (I know Cassie is a Dave fan). Kids favorite parts were going up and down an escalator, the elevator, and swimming. OH, and my favorite part was doing a 3 mile run in the rainy weather about 50 degrees (my favorite running weather) even though it was hilly. I felt sooo good (thus my extra hunger when I didn't get much for lunch).

And I didn't gain and since I just finished TOM, this is the week/2 weeks my body likes to drop like crazy!

bigdog
02-05-2012, 10:36 AM
since i took the majority of my meal home from the Crabhouse last night, my DH, around 9pm tells me he's hungry so i tell him he can eat the potatoes, sausage and coleslaw from my leftovers but leave me the boiled shrimp and collard greens. :-) i hope he ate the hushpuppies too! i'm thinking like a skinny person and was glad my DH ate the off plan food for me!! i give my 3 dogs the extra bread that i'm not eating too - i have a great support team here! Goal this week is to step up the water intake - being so busy - i've gotten off track. planning on when i get up, after walking my 3 miles, to drink 4 glasses of water before starting my day. it's a plan, i can do this!!! this will be my week to see the 160s!!!!
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well - you all motivate me daily!!!
thanks and happy Sunday!!!

camaswa
02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh Nwcgina! Consider your butt kicked, but only sorta. You couldnt control the situation and it sounds like you did the best you could.

Other poeple make this so challenging, don't they? I went to a dinner party last night where the appetizer was a HEAVY, cheesy artichoke dip with bread and the main course was PASTA. I brought berries and some tiny almond
cookies for dessert but I really had no choice but to eat the pasta. I didnt weigh this morning and I am going to do shakes today and focus on exercising and water. I know what carbs like that do, and I just feel sick that I got in that situation. You can't refuse the main course at someone else's house!

I keep telling myself that what I am learning here is to course-correct immediately after a "slip" rather than let the damage pile on. This will still me our month!

nwcgina
02-05-2012, 12:44 PM
sounds like a big water day for us, bigdog & camaswa (and probably others). We are so close...and I'm excited to take what I've learned from being on plan (like getting RIGHT BACK on track...that one meal doesn't mean a whole day or week shot) and applying it to lifelong habits. Making salad a regular part of my life!

We luckily have no super bowl plans, we won't even watch the game as we don't have regular cable TV (only day of the year I miss it). That has always been one of my huge eating and social days. I actually met my inlaws 10 years ago today at a Super Bowl party (they introduced me to my husband a few months later). But instead we'll have a regular day with regular food...3 more weeks, 3 more weeks.

bigdog
02-05-2012, 02:59 PM
i'm on plan w/ the water, the extra HNSs and the protein shake for b-fast and for lunch...let's just say i've been back and forth to the bathroom flushing out all those evil :devil: carbs! LOL! i even took a couple fiber pills so my stomach is churning - haha! TMI!
we are supposed to go to a Super Bowl party tonight and the hostess is like, i have your ice cold mich ultra chilling, we are having buffalo wings, pizza, big salad and veggies and chocolate brownies! i told her i'm doing vodka and club soda - this has worked out well for me becuz i do mostly club soda and the 2nd and 3rd drink will be club soda and lime..
i really hate to go to super bowl parties because since i'm in advertising, i love the commercials and hate to miss them. and i want to see Madonna do the Half time show and oh, yeah, watch the game too. one year, i was getting cranky because people were talking during the half time show and it was Prince, my fave performer! last year was in my home town taking my 88 yr. old dad to Hooters for the game w/ my brothers and nephews but we made it back to the hotel for half time :-) love Black Eyed Peas too! hmmm..i think i just talked myself out of going!

nwcgina
02-05-2012, 03:06 PM
I just found out the game is going to be streamed live on nbc.com, so I may talk DH into hooking up the laptop to the TV. I had a big buffalo chicken salad for lunch (I bought two cute salad bowls-technically pasta bowls-to make my lunch time salad ritual way more fun). Just like when I get bored with my water bottle and start drinking less, I buy a new one to spice things up and get me excited again. Yes, I have a ton of water bottles, but for less than $10 I respark my thirst for a long time...guess I'll be doing the same thing with salad bowls. And cutting boards (for veggies). Speaking of veggies...time to get them all cut up for the week. Cooked a bunch of chicken in the crockpot this morning and restocked my eggs so I'm all set:) Oh, and I'm cooking my spaghetti squash to make the "pumpkin pie" that I have for lunch 2 days a week:)

patzi
02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Re: Chocolate truffle..
What is this replacing in MRC.. I would think it is a creamy, but really not sure
Patzi

JenB72
02-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey, all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Congrats to all the losers and hang in there to those struggling. I remembered a while back we talked about doing mini-rewards for hitting milestones, goals, etc. I finally decided to do that. So yesterday, I had my first pedicure in almost a year. What a great feeling. :)

Have a great Monday!

bigdog
02-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Re: Chocolate truffle..
What is this replacing in MRC.. I would think it is a creamy, but really not sure
Patzi

For the Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle protein powder, i use 3/4 scoop so it's 70 cal, 23 g. protein if you use full scoop (100 cal), 0 sugar, 0 carbs so i count it as a clear HNS. i also drink the Protidiet Pink Lemonade and the Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade as a Clear HNS....

for my one creamy a day, i usually have the Wonderslim Strawberry yogurt or Chocolate Cream protein powder (15 g. protein, 100 cal, 7 g. carb, Sugar 5 g.) or a protein bar if i miss a meal...

bigdog
02-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Madonna rocked the show yesterday. 53 yrs old and she looks incredible!! like my DH always says when i'm like Wow, so and so looks so wonderful and they are close to my age! - he reminds me that it is their job to look good and they work at it every single day! anyway, very inspiring :-)

i did go to the Superbowl party and one idiot guy kept making horrible remarks about Madonna during the show - i would have punched him out but he was the husband of my good friend and they were hosting the party! LOL! anyway, had a great time and ate the salad, artichoke dip, ate the wings and took off the skin, had some cheese dip w/ veggies and had a very small piece of pizza and left the crust. had a little bit of vodka w/ club soda (just to tolerate the big mouth idiot) it is pretty bad but i can't stand him but love my girlfriend. poor thing to be married to him... i've told him before to not talk to me or even look at me.(when he was running his mouth about some good friends of mine) HA HA and really i'm a very nice person!

hope everyone survived the Super Bowl and their team won! happy monday

nwcgina
02-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Day of frustration. I gained a pound, although I have 4 reasons why I know it probably happened, and that it will all be gone quickly. I even just spoke with my counselor and she agreed.
1. Meal timing was sooo off this weekend. I ended up going 8 hours between lunch and supper...with nothing to eat in between (should have done an HNS, but with traveling I was crabby and just not in the mood).
2. Not enough water. On Saturday I probably had 20-40 oz. (usually get 80).
3. TTOM started Friday.
4. Sneaking a couple scooby snacks.

So it was all a perfect storm for gain (even if it is temporary, water weight crap). I did lose an inch (a whole inch!) off my tummy over the past week, so I know the exercise is reshaping my body. My counselor was confident I'd see a few pounds come off this week if I get back on schedule and hit the water, which I have been. So here's to hitting my last 10. (Probably didn't help that my mom called to gloat that she had lost 4. She only calls when she loses and you can hear her gloat...and then asks "how much did YOU lose?" I hate it when I lose less. I never call her to gloat if I've had a week where the scale moves a bunch.)

Rant over.

JenB72
02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Day of frustration. I gained a pound, although I have 4 reasons why I know it probably happened, and that it will all be gone quickly. I even just spoke with my counselor and she agreed.
1. Meal timing was sooo off this weekend. I ended up going 8 hours between lunch and supper...with nothing to eat in between (should have done an HNS, but with traveling I was crabby and just not in the mood).
2. Not enough water. On Saturday I probably had 20-40 oz. (usually get 80).
3. TTOM started Friday.
4. Sneaking a couple scooby snacks.

So it was all a perfect storm for gain (even if it is temporary, water weight crap). I did lose an inch (a whole inch!) off my tummy over the past week, so I know the exercise is reshaping my body. My counselor was confident I'd see a few pounds come off this week if I get back on schedule and hit the water, which I have been. So here's to hitting my last 10. (Probably didn't help that my mom called to gloat that she had lost 4. She only calls when she loses and you can hear her gloat...and then asks "how much did YOU lose?" I hate it when I lose less. I never call her to gloat if I've had a week where the scale moves a bunch.)

Rant over.

Gina, rant away! :hug: At least you know where you went off plan and you can fix those things. You'll be losing again before you know it. All will be ok. Sorry your mom feels the need to gloat. While you may not have control over your behavior, you can try to control your reaction to it. Have you ever went over the top gushing for her when she tells you her loss? I wonder if it would blow her mind and she may chill out some. Kill her with kindness and see what happens. ;)

rachels77
02-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Rant away... this wasn't the greatest weekend for me either. Have a feeling I'm going to gain at my next WI.

Last night, during the SuperBowl, I actually set.my.stove.on.fire! Yikes! Luckily, we got it under control before any major damage, but my chicken in the oven was ruined and I just had an "Oh, forget it... give me some nachos" moment with some cheese and baked Tostitos for dinner. I know, I know, not ideal.... it makes me doubt my stability in this plan, for some reason... I've been obsessing over it since it happened...

Gina, I know what you mean about the gloating. I also try not to call and proclaim my weight loss to a friend whose going through a different program. I think I need to re-focus on my own personal journey and try not to feel bad when I don't "travel" as much down the scale as someone else!

bigdog
02-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Rachel and Gina,

look at all the weight you have lost and how successful you are. and you know if you see a slight gain...you know how to get it off. i like the fact that all of us are posting what we are doing and how we are getting back on board very quickly. We are not perfect and are in this for the long haul. the absolute best thing is in the long run we will succeed and continue losing.

i've had so many friends and family that will start a new diet and go gung ho and lose weight quickly and then get tired of it and quit and gain it all back and more. WE are not going to do that. Slow and steady is the name of the game, we aren't depriving ourselves, most of us feel sick and bloated when we overeat or eat foods not on plan so this to me is a very good lesson to learn. we are thinking like skinny people! YAY!;)

LeoTheLioness
02-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Ohhhhh, the Superbowl...... where do I begin? I had planned to go a bit off plan for the day, and thankfully, I had the willpower to keep it together (somewhat).

I definitely enjoyed a couple of mimosas at breakfast, a bite or two of a Belgian waffle (just purchased a wafflemaker, so I had to have a bite, right? :D) chicken queso dip (small amount) w/tortilla chips, 1 drumette (WHY does it seem like chicken wings are the "official" football snack?) a sliver of lemon icebox pie, 1 bite of a chocolate cupcake & about 6 or 7 "li'l" smokies w/bbq sauce.

I think I got about 1/2 of my water down, and 3 HNSs.

I'm so proud of myself - I really didn't go crazy! It's so hard to stick to it when people around you are enjoying cocktails and eating like they don't have a care in the world.......

nwcgina
02-06-2012, 11:29 PM
@Jen-I need to do some of that. I know she's always saying things to try to get us to compliment her (like when my kids are sick and DH is out of town she'll say "oh, that happened to me all the time, you guys...) and I know she just feels underappreciated (don't all moms?) and probably wants positive feedback from us on this, too. I'm glad I'm doing this with her because otherwise some of her actions would be REALLY annoying...I know my sister feels that way.

JenB72
02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
@Jen-I need to do some of that. I know she's always saying things to try to get us to compliment her (like when my kids are sick and DH is out of town she'll say "oh, that happened to me all the time, you guys...) and I know she just feels underappreciated (don't all moms?) and probably wants positive feedback from us on this, too. I'm glad I'm doing this with her because otherwise some of her actions would be REALLY annoying...I know my sister feels that way.

Gina, my mom does that kind of thing too, just not as bad as before. Must be a mom thing. ;) Unfortunately, I had a huge blow up over it (bad reaction on my part), but she does try to be better about it. No matter what was happening in my life, she had to play the "one up" game. Now, if she starts doing it, I'll oh so gently point it out to her (or sometimes sarcastically LOL). The funny thing, it used to infuriate her when my dad did it to her. She didn't realize she picked up that bad trait until it was pointed out to her.

bigdog
02-07-2012, 09:53 AM
ok, read on the Vitamin Shoppe website how to mix the Chocolate Truffle (Syntrax) w/ hot coffee... and it works!! (was in a review)

pour 1/4 cup coffee in your cup - cool down to lukewarm temp. add your scoop of powder and stir w/ fork, mix well, then add your coffee or hot water and stir. IT works! no clumps. my Protidiet Hot chocolate clumps too, so i'll try that method w/ it too.

bigdog
02-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Ohhhhh, the Superbowl...... where do I begin? I had planned to go a bit off plan for the day, and thankfully, I had the willpower to keep it together (somewhat).

I definitely enjoyed a couple of mimosas at breakfast, a bite or two of a Belgian waffle (just purchased a wafflemaker, so I had to have a bite, right? :D) chicken queso dip (small amount) w/tortilla chips, 1 drumette (WHY does it seem like chicken wings are the "official" football snack?) a sliver of lemon icebox pie, 1 bite of a chocolate cupcake & about 6 or 7 "li'l" smokies w/bbq sauce.

I think I got about 1/2 of my water down, and 3 HNSs.

I'm so proud of myself - I really didn't go crazy! It's so hard to stick to it when people around you are enjoying cocktails and eating like they don't have a care in the world.......

so funny, i had one drumette and some of the same things you did! i had a bite of choc. cake, bite of lemon chess pie, bite of cookie, large salad, veggies and a bite of the buffalo chicken cheese dip, etc. portion control def. works and i didn't feel deprived because i had a little tiny taste of what i wanted. now, i could have been perfect and ate the chicken without skin and the veggies, but i'm far from perfect!!! i was happy w/ the choices i made. also thankful i don't keep any of those foods in my house!!!

patzi
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi...
Congrats to all the losers...

I had maintenance weigh in today and lost 1 pound, making me 6 pounds under goal. I will take it and run.

I asked if there was a new Meta Slim Diet and they knew of none.. Tonight there is a stabilization party, and I was invited, but declined.

Wishing everyone a great week... Think thin,.

Patzi

LeoTheLioness
02-07-2012, 11:31 AM
so funny, i had one drumette and some of the same things you did! i had a bite of choc. cake, bite of lemon chess pie, bite of cookie, large salad, veggies and a bite of the buffalo chicken cheese dip, etc. portion control def. works and i didn't feel deprived because i had a little tiny taste of what i wanted. now, i could have been perfect and ate the chicken without skin and the veggies, but i'm far from perfect!!! i was happy w/ the choices i made. also thankful i don't keep any of those foods in my house!!!

You should've seen me packing up that stuff to send home with the people who bought it! LOL! For some reason, they ALWAYS leave the leftovers at my house - NO MORE! Get that crap and get out! LOL!

And, on a whole 'nother subject - my friend (who's struggling with kick-starting her "lifestyle" change) sent me some MESS from Dr. Oz about "reshaping" your body in 5 days by replacing 1 meal with his recommended items for breakfast, lunch or dinner to target certain areas to burn fat. This is what he says (verbatim) - "The research reveals the revolutionary approach to target fat areas and all it takes is one meal. Replacing 1 meal a day, activates your body's fat burning mechanism. The food you eat alters body chemistry and determine where fat is stored. The good news is that with 1 fat busting meal, you can finally say good-bye to that muffin top or those thunder thighs. Change your shape in just 5 days!" So, my question is what happens after 5 days? Sometimes, he's just TOTALLY unbelievable.

nwcgina
02-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Oh my goodness...and people will fall for it!! Yikes. And we wonder why we have an obesity issue, so much bad information, especially from so called "experts."

JenB72
02-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Good morning! Even if you had your challenges yesterday, today is a new day and a new start. Just hang in there, take it a meal at a time, and know you CAN do this!

Happy Wednesday!!!! :D

LeoTheLioness
02-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Oh my goodness...and people will fall for it!! Yikes. And we wonder why we have an obesity issue, so much bad information, especially from so called "experts."

EXACTLY. Today's show is something about hypnosis to lose weight. :(
(insert sarcasm here) Oh yeah, THAT'S going to work. Thanks, Dr. Oz - you're great!

NOT.

ynapier
02-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I have been very down on myself lately. I don't know why, I just know that I don't like it. I think it is effecting weight loss also. When I went to WI on Tuesday, I was only down .5. I was pretty bummed about that which hasn't helped the blues that I'm feeling. I was a little better today and hope to be even better tomorrow. I need to get back on track to reach my goal by the end of March which is when my program time is up. I have 20 more to go to reach the centers goal for me and 25 to reach MY goal. I hope that I will be like some people on here who have lost on stabilization. I think I'm worrying about not reach goal and that is getting me down. I know I need to take it one day at a time and I will make it but that is easier said than done.

nwcgina
02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Y-I'm hoping to lose on stabilization as well.

I'm hoping to be at or below 155 by the end of the month when I start stabilization. That would give me 5 more pounds to lose. I'd like to stay in the 150-155 range...I think that would be a healthy place for me to be. Even where I'm at now is really great for me. Never been here and keep getting tons of compliments. My biggest problem right now is I don't have any dressy "company logo" shirts that fit, so I have to go with ones that are too big. Just 4 more nights of work that require them and then the future of our program is in question.

bigdog
02-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Ynapier- you can do this! try some new high protein foods and shakes (i know i always talk about the Chocolate Truffle shakes but blended w/ ice, they are a huge treat for me) check out Teacher Lady's blog and even re read alot of these posts on this forum. take some long walks or even exercise in doors. i chase my dogs around the couch all the time when it's freezing outside. my DH really enjoys watching TV with us running circles around him. :D
Track what you are eating daily and even jot down what you are feeling. after a good day, i'll enter comments (i use My Fitness Pal) like Good Day today, didn't eat the brownies at the luncheon or "hmmmm...should have checked Applebees Chicken salad calories online before indulging!, etc.) Make sure you are getting all the water in and at least 3 HNSs a day - 4 is better.

you have been so successful and can do this!!! Also, check with your counselor on some food ideas so you don't get bored. just be prepared for them trying to sell you supplements and just say NO! also when you are weighing in, make sure you have the lightest clothes on possible and havent drank alot of water the morning of. and even watch the sodium the night before weigh in.

Good luck!!! and hoping for sunshine and all good days!!!

JenB72
02-09-2012, 09:29 AM
I have been very down on myself lately. I don't know why, I just know that I don't like it. I think it is effecting weight loss also. When I went to WI on Tuesday, I was only down .5. I was pretty bummed about that which hasn't helped the blues that I'm feeling. I was a little better today and hope to be even better tomorrow. I need to get back on track to reach my goal by the end of March which is when my program time is up. I have 20 more to go to reach the centers goal for me and 25 to reach MY goal. I hope that I will be like some people on here who have lost on stabilization. I think I'm worrying about not reach goal and that is getting me down. I know I need to take it one day at a time and I will make it but that is easier said than done.

I'm sorry you're feeling so down right now. It's easy to go through that when the body is rebelling. I haven't posted this in a while and maybe it can help you. It's a tip sheet I came up with from suggestions I had heard at the center and on this board about how to get through a plateau. I hope it helps you. :hug:

Dit250
02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Can anyone answer this quick question..
I plan to have a creamy HNS (cream of broccoli soup) for lunch...does that mean I cannot do meal replacements for the rest of the day?
Is it one or the other?

JenB72
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Can anyone answer this quick question..
I plan to have a creamy HNS (cream of broccoli soup) for lunch...does that mean I cannot do meal replacements for the rest of the day?
Is it one or the other?

This is from the green sheet:

MRC Meal Replacements (Nutra Bars or Shakes) may be used as breakfast or lunch omitting starch and protein or fruit and protein respectively. Meal Replacement Shakes may also be used as dinner omitting starch and protein. Not to exceed 3 times per week. Do not consume a creamy on the same day.

So, in other words, it looks like one or the other, but you can't do both. Also, you still need to eat a veggie no matter what.

Tamikl
02-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Good morning ladies!!

Well, I had my WI yesterday, and maintained...since being on Stabilization, I went up 2lbs and then have since lost those plus 3 more:) I received my last "Stabilization" menu yesterday, and get to introduce more fats to my diet..ie: peanut butter, sour cream, etc...I tell myself that now I can do it "legally" rather than "sneaky" lol...Anyways, happy with the maintain.

Next week I do a WI to specifically tell me what my daily calorie intake should be during Maintenance. I am looking forward to that....hope it is alot of calories!! LOL

I inquired about the new "Green" menu and they confirmed it to be true. I asked for a copy, and was given one even though I was told that I shouldn't be going backwards at this point :) I explained I will be gone a week to Mexico this month, and that having this menu to fall back on when I return might be wise...agreed. Dang, this new menu is BETTER! I was sorta pissed that it wasn't available all of the months I was on Green!!

I am suppose to cut my HNS back to 2 a day...and that sort of a drag because I enjoy 2 clears a day, but am unwilling to give up my creamy at night:) So...3 a day...and I don't think that will hurt me.

I am going to make Patzi's oatmeal bake today and some more egg quiches. I love trying all of these new recipes!

My only question for MRC is that if I maintain my weight on a certain Stabilization menu, then how is adding more items on the next one going to keep me from gaining? I don't really get it...we shall see.

Have a great day to all! Hang in there...it is worth it..YOU are worth it!

Christinapeeak
02-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Can Someone please email me the beige menu please?

Christinapeeak
02-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Can Someone please send me the beige menu for my husband please and thank you

RaRaF
02-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Good morning ladies!!

Well, I had my WI yesterday, and maintained...since being on Stabilization, I went up 2lbs and then have since lost those plus 3 more:) I received my last "Stabilization" menu yesterday, and get to introduce more fats to my diet..ie: peanut butter, sour cream, etc...I tell myself that now I can do it "legally" rather than "sneaky" lol...Anyways, happy with the maintain.

Next week I do a WI to specifically tell me what my daily calorie intake should be during Maintenance. I am looking forward to that....hope it is alot of calories!! LOL

I inquired about the new "Green" menu and they confirmed it to be true. I asked for a copy, and was given one even though I was told that I shouldn't be going backwards at this point :) I explained I will be gone a week to Mexico this month, and that having this menu to fall back on when I return might be wise...agreed. Dang, this new menu is BETTER! I was sorta pissed that it wasn't available all of the months I was on Green!!

I am suppose to cut my HNS back to 2 a day...and that sort of a drag because I enjoy 2 clears a day, but am unwilling to give up my creamy at night:) So...3 a day...and I don't think that will hurt me.

I am going to make Patzi's oatmeal bake today and some more egg quiches. I love trying all of these new recipes!

My only question for MRC is that if I maintain my weight on a certain Stabilization menu, then how is adding more items on the next one going to keep me from gaining? I don't really get it...we shall see.

Congrats on the loss! Could you share what is new on the green menu? My center isn't getting theirs until Feb 15, and I'm getting curious! :)

JenB72
02-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Good morning ladies!!

Congratulations, Tami! I hope to be joining you soon in the wonderful world of stabilization. Just weighed in and I've only got 6 pounds to go. I'm on a mission!

rachels77
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM

:hug: Sorry you're feeling down, Y. With me, my mood definitely affects my weight loss. If I'm stressed, I gain or maintain... if I don't sleep well, same story. A few days ago, when I went to WI, I lost .5, but just barely... I was soooo stressed from setting my stove on fire over Super Bowl Sunday, I pretty much expected that outcome... but it's still crappy...

Don't stress too much about your goal. I've noticed alot of people, including my husband, who have lost on stabilization... he's five years past the program and has lost even more weight. Remember, it's a journey... not a sprint. A change, not a quick fix. It's not just one day at a time, take it one meal at a time... one container of water at a time... you CAN do it!

Also, have you tried maybe going for a walk or trying a new form of exercise? I love trying a new workout video or going to a different Zumba class when I'm stressed or feeling blue... learning new things or just getting out for a stroll helps improve my mood... just a thought! Hope you feel better soon! You CAN do this!

camaswa
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Oh gosh- when will I learn? Avoiding the scale = gaining for me. After a really high-carb dinner last Saturday, I didn't want to weigh, telling myself I would get right back on the bus. Then this week has been super busy and I haven't been totally on plan. Well.... I did weigh this morning and I am up 3 pounds. That's just depressing and I'm mad at myself. I want them off by Saturday when I go for the stabilization info session. Can I get them off if I am 100% percent on and get all the water in??? All I can do is be on plan, right? The scale is going to say whatever it says. I was on such a good streak I guess I got cocky.

LeoTheLioness
02-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh gosh- when will I learn? Avoiding the scale = gaining for me. After a really high-carb dinner last Saturday, I didn't want to weigh, telling myself I would get right back on the bus. Then this week has been super busy and I haven't been totally on plan. Well.... I did weigh this morning and I am up 3 pounds. That's just depressing and I'm mad at myself. I want them off by Saturday when I go for the stabilization info session. Can I get them off if I am 100% percent on and get all the water in??? All I can do is be on plan, right? The scale is going to say whatever it says. I was on such a good streak I guess I got cocky.

If you wanna get those 3 lbs. off before you go into stabilization, how about delaying stabilization until next Saturday? Do MetaQuick for 3 or 4 days and that will surely help you drop those 3 lbs. faster than a dog can lick his butt!
:D

Maybe an investment in carb/fat blockers - not necessarily MRC's but something for those high carb meals. ;)

patzi
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Tami...
My center said there is no new green menu...When you have the time would you be so kind to tell me how the new one is different than the one that I go back to when I gain...

On maintenance,I maintain most of the time,but will go up 1-2 but take it right off. I only gain when I am out and indulge a bit. That is why I went 5pound under goal... I have been able to maintain the weight well as long as I am sensible .. You are doig so well, you really are. Just remember what I am telling you about maintenance.. I feel I am in the best shape thatI have been in a long time.. By doing MRC and reaching maintenance,I now have the
knowledge, the confidence and the tools to sustain lifelong weight maintenance. For that I am so grateful. You will be the same. I promise you as you have shown you can do it.. Good long on the rest of your journey

Patzi

Tamikl
02-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi ladies! The new green menu is basically the same as the original...difference is the addition of greek yogurt as protein option up to 3 x per week, and the starch options include more options like a baked potato, corn, & brown rice. Fruit option is given at all meals in place of starch....you choose which. Looks like nuts are an option under protein but not specific on type.

Patzi? That oatmeal bake is delicious. When do you eat it? Does it replace a bread/starch?

eb102106
02-09-2012, 10:49 PM
I love reading these boards. I was up .5 lbs Wednesday and was pretty depressed because I was doing everything right. Tonight, I went out to dinner with friends and gave in to several temptations. I know my next weigh in will now suffer, but I was just in a funk. But, after reading today's posts, I'm so reading to start the day tomorrow and get back on track. I also love the plateau tips. I think I will print them and post on my fridge.

I know several of you ladies do not take the supplements. I run out this week from the initial ones I bought when I joined. I've decided I'm going to try it without since you guys have had success without. I know I need to take a multi-vitamin and oils. Is there a certain one you use? I have some flax seed which should cover the omega3, but what about omega6? Do I need to worry about that? Any certain vitamin or just any?

Thanks for your help and constant encouragement.

bigdog
02-09-2012, 11:02 PM
EB, i take a woman's Daily vitamin, 2 fish oil capsules, B-6, B-12, calcium - for me, the diet plan itself works great and drink lots of water !

Tamiki, great news about the addition of Greek yogurt - when i compared it to cottage cheese, it was about the same and actually more protein so usually have that w/ fruit for lunch (my center didn't have a new menu either). i love fruit so actually have been sneaking 1/2 grapefruit for breakfast and skipping the lite toast alot of times..

when i first started w/ MRC, i was like there is no way i can do without carbs but i did miss my fruit. wonder why some of the centers have the new menu and others dont.... i'll have to ck their website...

thks for the info!

bigdog
02-09-2012, 11:10 PM

Water, water, water, water and then more water today (oops it's now 11ish pm!) and all day tomorrow... MetaQuick, then fish and broccoli for dinner friday. 4 HNSs tomorrow, i bet those 3 lbs will be gone! plus all the activity running to the bathroom! :-) you can do it!

RaRaF
02-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Hi ladies! The new green menu is basically the same as the original...difference is the addition of greek yogurt as protein option up to 3 x per week, and the starch options include more options like a baked potato, corn, & brown rice. Fruit option is given at all meals in place of starch....you choose which. Looks like nuts are an option under protein but not specific on type.

Patzi? That oatmeal bake is delicious. When do you eat it? Does it replace a bread/starch?

Thanks--that is better than I wanted to hear! I'm just SO tired of the protein choices, so even yogurt and nuts will be something! Also--love the idea of fruit instead of starch--yay!

nwcgina
02-10-2012, 12:01 AM
camaswa-I'm gonna kick your hinney! Okay, just kidding, but overconfidence has bit me in the butt too. Water, water, water is huge! Get that water. And remember, the changes are for the long haul.

bigdog
02-10-2012, 09:23 AM
are you up to at least 4 glasses of water yet? we are watching you :-) chug a lug! we want to hear all about the stabilization class tomorrow!

Happy Friday everyone!

LeoTheLioness
02-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Happy Friday!
Weighed in this a.m. and down another 2.5 - whoop! whoop! :carrot:
Also, have the new & improved menu. I'd already been incorporating nuts from time to time, but the Greek yogurt is definitely a plus (since I can add that to my protein shake)!
Here's what they added:
Protein: low fat cottage cheese, low fat ricotta cheese, fat free plain greek yogurt, protein & cheese or protein & nuts can be eaten together 1x per week.
Starch: corn, grits, brown rice & potatoes - NICE!

RaRaF
02-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Happy Friday!
Weighed in this a.m. and down another 2.5 - whoop! whoop! :carrot:
Also, have the new & improved menu. I'd already been incorporating nuts from time to time, but the Greek yogurt is definitely a plus (since I can add that to my protein shake)!
Here's what they added:
Protein: low fat cottage cheese, low fat ricotta cheese, fat free plain greek yogurt, protein & cheese or protein & nuts can be eaten together 1x per week.
Starch: corn, grits, brown rice & potatoes - NICE!

Could you share what the portions are?

I weighed in this morning for the only time this week, and I was down 4 lbs. That was after 3 days of meta-quick and completely, absolutely on program with extra water. My hydration levels are never high enough, so either I have heavy bones and they're tricking the scale, or one of my meds is messing with that--which is possible, since one is a water pill, but you'd think it would let me keep what I need. Who knows.

JenB72
02-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Just checking in for today. I'm very excited to hear about the menu changes. Just wished they came about sooner. I'd love to know the portions too. :)

I'm 5.8 pounds to goal, but they haven't mentioned stabilization yet. I'm doing everything I can to get there. I would love to hit it by February 23rd, my one year mark, but if it takes a few more days, the point is that I did it. To help things along, I've increased my water, am doing Meta-Quick, and have actually incorporated exercise into the mix. GASP! LOL I've already got 3 runs in this week so I'm excited about that. My big struggle for this coming weekend though is I'm hosting my sister-in-law's baby shower. Please pray for me! :dust:

LeoTheLioness
02-10-2012, 05:42 PM
6 oz. low fat cottage cheese
6 oz. low fat ricotta cheese
6 oz. fat free, plain, greek yogurt (3x per week)

1x per day
4 oz. protein + 1/2 oz. cheese
4 oz. protein + 1/2 oz nuts

1/4 c. cooked grits
1/4 c. brown rice
1/4 c. corn
2 oz. potato, w/skin (white, red, purple, sweet)

Edited to add: Fruit or Starch at EVERY meal.

LeoTheLioness
02-10-2012, 05:46 PM
I just thought about this since I'm attending a party this weekend.

Kiwi Melon Martini Bellini
Kiwi Melon HNS + Vodka + Club Soda

:carrot:

nwcgina
02-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Hello all-the changes sound wonderful...but since I'm so close to stabilization (and I'm already on metabalance)...probably won't have a chance to incorporate it. Sounds like it gives lots more flexibility.

Another gal I work with is signing up for MRC. She was so excited but (like me) didn't want anyone to know. I hadn't worked at the outpatient clinic in a while and people were very surprised by how I looked. Yesterday I decided it was time to buy a new winter coat. I figured with 8 pounds to goal I'd be safe buying a coat. I got one for $20!!!! at Penney's in a medium (I ended up buying 2-a dressy and a sporty) plus a jean jacket for less than what I planned on paying for a coat. I love clearance! And I love how I'm looking/feeling. Totally worth all the sacrifice.

Dit250
02-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Anyone willing to upload the new green menu? My center couldn't tell me much about it right now.

patzi
02-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Tami..
Baked oatmeal I have in late afternoon with iced coffee. If I have it, i do not have any other bread for the day. I have a nice size piece. If I have another carb like bread during day and have baked oatmeal, I gain.. If I don't I do not gain.BUT that is me,so I suggest experiment with it. Carbs are such a trigger with me I keep experimenting with them. I sometimes have it with some Greek yogurt that I have flavored with sugar fee/fat free pudding. That is very filling and no cravings. You know me, Tami,I experiment all the time. I would love to know what you used in yours. Made some today when I came home.. I had some apples, fresh cranberries that I had frozen( I used them frozen) , walnuts,almond extract and some anise spice.. Mercy me did that come out great. Glad you like it.

ladies.. remember the nuts portion is a whiskey glass . That was what I was told . I remember I would eat by the handfuls before MRC. How things change.

I am going to experiment with a turkey meat loaf when I have the time using pesto. Will post when I do.. I love the turkey muffins..

Patzi

nwcgina
02-10-2012, 11:22 PM
So this morning I was staaaaarving.....staaaarving after breakfast. I had my bar as a snack (I can on metaquick) and was still starving at lunch and after. But I stayed on plan. I hadn't worked out today so I couldn't figure out why I was so hungry. When I got home to make supper I found my egg "sandwich" sitting in the microwave...so apparently I was hungry from forgetting to eat breakfast...which explained my insane hunger. Good thing it was a non-exercise day or it would have really sent my metabolism out of whack. By the time I realized it, it was late in the day and didn't want to "make up" for it. I can honestly say since being with MRC I've never forgotten to eat...I'm usually counting the minutes until the next bite. Was just out of my normal routine this morning.

Chickadee
02-11-2012, 12:01 AM
It sounds like most of you are doing great! Keep it up!

I'm plugging along, doing just fine. My big accomplishment is that I've been doing Tae Kwon Do three times a week since the middle of December. It is a really good workout and it feels so great to feel myself getting stronger and stronger. One of my New Year's goals was to earn my yellow belt and I just learned that I'll be testing for it next week. It's ridiculous how proud I am! Wish me luck!

Chickadee

nwcgina
02-11-2012, 06:28 AM
chickadee-that is awesome you'll be testing for your yellow...and Tae Kwon do has to be an amazing workout for the body and mind!

bigdog
02-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Leo, that sounds like a great cocktail! i mixed my Roadside lemonade w/ some vodka the other night -very good! i'm not gaining when i drink vodka especially when i mix w/ a HNS! the Center would die if i told them that's what the HNSs are good for. haha i slipped and told them this summer i mixed the pink lemonade HNS w/ tequila and 10 cal. margarita mix - the counselor was like no, no, no! i lost 2.5 lbs on vacation! i put my cocktail in a shaker blender bottle and drank at the beach daily! the good thing about walking on the beach in the summer is i could just run in the ocean and pee (TMI!!!) and even riding our bikes when we are camping there are alot of bathhouses in the campground!
the changes sound great! i eat cottage cheese or greek yogurt usually for lunch and sometimes dinner. usually do eggs or cheese toast for b-fast. i hate to cook so grabbing some nuts for protein is a great choice! thks for sharing.

Went out last night for dinner at a Japanese buffet place. we go there alot and surprisingly enough easy to make choices. they have sushi, lots of veggies, chicken, beef, fish. i always have the hot and sour soup w/ green onions.. my DH piles his plate w/ fried rice and noodles and i look over and say "Carbs are the :devil:" he starts laughing! he's a Chef so on his feet 10 hours daily so carbs aren't going to hurt him but i swear i can look at them and gain. was at a networking event and grabbed a sandwich and automatically pick the meat out and leave the bread. not even thinking about it - woo hoo!
we are still going back and forth to visit FIL at the hospital which is 3 hour round trip so have been eating out more but trying to make healthy choices. haven't lost, but haven't gained so that's good. taking some cut up veggies w/ me and blending up a chocolate truffle protein drink to go for the trip today - i like to go w/ my DH to keep him awake - long drive! :blah: and also cheer up my FIL. he says the kleenex are rough so we had to get him kleenex w/ aloe and then he said the furniture is uncomfortable and built backwards! the nurse told him that he didn't build the furniture and he's like well, that's a really poor attitude. haha! they will be glad when he leaves -i'm sure!

Tamikl
02-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Tami..
Baked oatmeal I have in late afternoon with iced coffee. If I have it, i do not have any other bread for the day. I have a nice size piece. If I have another carb like bread during day and have baked oatmeal, I gain.. If I don't I do not gain.BUT that is me,so I suggest experiment with it. Carbs are such a trigger with me I keep experimenting with them. I sometimes have it with some Greek yogurt that I have flavored with sugar fee/fat free pudding. That is very filling and no cravings. You know me, Tami,I experiment all the time. I would love to know what you used in yours. Made some today when I came home.. I had some apples, fresh cranberries that I had frozen( I used them frozen) , walnuts,almond extract and some anise spice.. Mercy me did that come out great. Glad you like it.

ladies.. remember the nuts portion is a whiskey glass . That was what I was told . I remember I would eat by the handfuls before MRC. How things change.

I am going to experiment with a turkey meat loaf when I have the time using pesto. Will post when I do.. I love the turkey muffins..

Patzi

Hi Patzi:)

I need to be careful with that oatmeal bake!! Very good...and a temptation. I already messed up if I should have cut out all bread for the day yesterday! I didn't:( Well, I know now.

I justed did your recipe with some blueberries/strawberries. It was very good...I sprayed a bit of butter with splenda on top while hot and liked that! I also dribbled some Walden Farms chocolate on a piece and that was great too!

I bought some fat free/sugar free butterscotch pudding to mix with my greek yogurt! It is yummy! Great idea!

You are so creative! I am working on that...lol

You know? I am getting overwhelmed a bit with all of the variety now available to me. I look at my journal and have a place now for each meal to add dairy, bread, protein, fruit, vegetables, etc...and think I need to fill ALL of them in everytime, even if I am full. I think the variety is great, but it isn't necessary for me to make sure I have the full portion of each item, right?

I am really an "all or nothing" type personality, which is why the strictness of this diet has worked for me. But now that I can introduce so much back in, I am having a hard time knowing when to say WHEN to myself. I suppose if the scale moves in the wrong direction...then it is time to re-evaluate what I am doing. It is like a child with all new toys at Christmas...what to play with first and for how long before you jump to the next one?! Maintenance isn't easy, is it??...a different kind of challenge for sure. When we give Tami more freedom with food, it has a tendency to equal disaster...especially when her friends offer such wonderful new recipes to try!!!! hahaha I have actually been eating when I am full the last couple of days because I can (allowed to)!!! How messed up is that!!!! .....Thanks for letting me vent :) You continue to be a great inspiration for me and all of us, Patzi!

patzi
02-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Just awesome chickeadee..

tami.... Baked oatmeal and additional bread does not work with me, however, experiment with it, and see what happens..You may be ok with it.

You don't have to add anything in if you don't want to.. Maintenance is a freedom to do what is good for you...

This week I experimented with a candy bar..Mercy me..Just one, honest.. I will see what happens on weigh in.. I gained 1 pound day after, but went one day on green menu then back to maintenance so we shall see.

I think y'all know if on maintenance if you have an alcoholic drink, let go of a fruit..

Patzi

camaswa
02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
are you up to at least 4 glasses of water yet? we are watching you :-) chug a lug! we want to hear all about the stabilization class tomorrow!

Happy Friday everyone!
Helloooo there. Well, my butt is kicked now, thank you very much. It's been water, water, water.... and I got 2 of the 3 off again. So here's the info i got on stabilization today: it seems really gradual, which is good. We talked about how very carb-sensitive I obvously am and how I will always have to watch and monitor. (like patzi does) for the next two weeks, I am just supposed to add one starch every other day. The servings are more like 80 calories than 40, however. And there are more choices. Most people get to add something else after the first week, but because I had this little carb-fest last week (ouch, my butt is starting to hurt now), she wants me to do it for two. She says if i really follow it I will still lose some.

Also she said that the people who struggle the most are ones who never quite get to their goal because the little ups and downs feel more like failures to them and they get so much more discouraged. I thought of patzi again, going BELOW goal so she had room for those ups and downs.

We also discussed my scale aversion. She said I should not avoid it after a high cal/carb event but rather use it to motivate me to get right back on. I keep learning that but forgetting...

she thinks I can lose the last 7 even while adding things back. Also must focus more on exercise. I say I'm too busy but then I thought if the President of the United States can make time every day, then surely Ii can.

excuse me now, I have to go pee.

bigdog
02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Camaswa - that sounds great and good job on losing the two pounds!
Good advice but in my case i hated the lectures when i knew i'd gain so i would not weigh in after a high carb meal..gave them an opportunity to push supplements on me! but my center sucks and you guys seem to have great counselors w/ good advice. another reason i love these boards!
we went to visit FIL and on the way up had to stop and pee (hour and half trip to hospital) then rushed in the hospital to pee, etc, etc.! drank three HNSs before 1pm today since i knew we'd be out of town. had salad and lean sirloin at a restaurant tonight.. Taking MIL to lunch tomorrow at Applebees...i guess i'll get the grilled chicken salad...
can't remember the last time we've eaten dinner at the house! maybe 3 weeks ago? have been munching on cukes and celery for my veggies during the day and eating salads out w/ lean protein...
ok, chilling w/ my DH and pups watching a movie Hangover II! i'll prob. be asleep in 15 minutes! :yawn:

nwcgina
02-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Alright, Camaswa. Are you starting on stabilization this week or at the end of the month?

After forgetting my breakfast yesterday I've also been off today (not getting enough protein). But I don't want to "make up for it" at the end of the day. Need to spend time cooking up some chicken tomorrow! Bought some cute new workout gear today. I put on one of my pairs of workout capris today and they were so big it was funny. I walked into the living room and said "think I need new pants??" I figure I could get away with a little baggy workout gear, but if I would have run they would have fallen off. So I'm slowly adding to my collection (seriously, if I got rid of all the clothes that were too big and gave back the clothes I was borrowing, I would have almost no clothing). The workout shirt I got says "Strong in the new beautiful." Love it! My motto going forward.

bigdog
02-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Gina, i was laughing about you leaving your breakfast in the microwave! i've done that before and was like why am i so hungry!!?
headed out later to stock up on some grapefruit (love w/ splenda and cinnamon) and frozen strawberries, raspberries..... i mix w/ my HNSs - yum! or defrost in microwave and add some splenda or a small dollop of lite cool whip for dessert.

it's freezing this am in sunny South Carolina - low 40s! We had to cut the heat on and now i need to find a winter coat to wear! glad we covered up our key lime tree last night.

was going to stroll on the waterfront park w/ the MIL but may be a bit chilly - may do some retail therapy instead and check out some of the clearance racks for some new stuff.

cutting up veggies later today for the week and boiling some eggs and may have to get the crock pot out and throw some chicken in there and make some homemade ckn veggie soup - supposed to be cold all week! have a great Sunday everyone. i started the day out w/ protein hot cocoa mixed w/ coffee....yum!

ynapier
02-12-2012, 11:41 AM
I have been away for the pasted couple days battling flu like symptoms. Today I feel better. I missed my WI on Friday due to the illness. Thanks for the encouragement! You guys are a GREAT support system. I feel like I'm back to myself now or at least very close to it. I'm going to attempt to make pizza for lunch today. We will see how it turns out. I'm using the recipe from the cookbook for the crust and going on my own from there. Hopefully the family will like it.

patzi
02-12-2012, 01:18 PM
For those on maintenance I put a recipe called Breakfast Cookies that I enjoy when I hit maintenance as a snack.

I will post the Turkey Pesto Meatloaf recipe on there , also. Have not done as of yet. That recipe is for maintenance .

Both recipes are in the recipe section .

Patzi

patzi
02-12-2012, 03:20 PM
I told you how I add SF/FF pudding to Greek yogurt , & Tami tried it and liked it.. Today I took some fat free Greek yogurt, added a small amt. of sf/ff jello powder and some stevia, a spash of soy milk to make a nice smooth pudding texture and it is delicious... I used lemon today.

Patzi

bigdog
02-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Great idea Patzi! i have every flavor you can think of in my pantry of jello...my fave is lemon and cherry. i do have some FF SF chocolate pudding mix i was going to try w/ the greek yogurt. i have made the cherry jello the regular way w/ water and then poured in the blender w/ 4 oz non fat greek yogurt, chilled, then added some cherries to it. very good! i used the sugar free cherry pie filling (it's 35 cal. a serving) i didn't have any fresh cherries or frozen which would have been better so i actually rinsed the canned cherries and added.

i like your suggestion of putting some of the jello mix in individual servings of the greek yogurt. Everyone please keep sharing! really keeps me on this plan.

just had a choc. truffle HNS with frozen strawberries blended in my single serve blender - tastes just like a milkshake - yum!

cutting up (well my DH is) a huge salad and putting in a tupperware container so i can just throw in a bowl every day this week (2 salads a day). This girl is going to see the 160s by Friday and i mean it!!!!!! tired of playing around 170...

nwcgina
02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
You can do it, bigdog!! I like adding an HNS (concentrate) in greek yogurt. Tried regular protein powder and that was gross. Pomengranite or kiwi melon concentrate, delish! Making some turkey burgers for the week to get a break from so much chicken. Today I thought "2 more weeks, you can do this." Not sure exactly what day I'll switch to stabilization, so it may be a little more or a little less.

bigdog
02-12-2012, 06:30 PM
ok, just mixed the SF FF chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups of Non fat Greek Yogurt and 1/4 cup left over coffee. tastes just like Cheesecake!!!! served in a wineglass.

Patzi, when you are mixing the jello pudding mix w/ the Greek Yogurt, do you use 2 cups? it is a little thick and i could have probably added a little water or more lite coffee (1/2 the caffeine)...

i bet the french vanilla pudding mix would be great w/ some strawberries and greek yogurt - that would really be like cheesecake :-)

nwcgina
02-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Morning all and welcome to a new week. Started the day off with my monotonous breakfast (that I love) and then a great power circuit workout with Jackie Warner. The past 4 weeks my weight loss has slowed due to switching plans but also working out more and I can tell I'm building my muscle back...and the inches around my body show it. The size 12's I borrowed just a few week ago are starting to be too big. I am really happy with where I am and even if I don't ever see 150, I'll be happy to stay here. Upper 150's may suit me just fine. Taking my body fat% sometime this week at work so will let you all know what changes in muscle mass I've had. (The first 2 months when I'd lost a little over 20 lbs, 7 pounds of it had been muscle from not working out/the low calories).

JenB72
02-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Some days I feel like just giving up. :(

Chickadee
02-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Stay strong Jen! You've come way too far to give up. One day (minute?) at a time - you can do it!

Chickadee

Fluffy in Florida
02-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Some days I feel like just giving up. :(

You can do this. The struggles you are going through are going to be so worth it when it is all said and done. You are too strong to give up. Take it a second, minute, hour at a time if you need to but you will make it through! You are doing such a wonderful job!

patzi
02-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Jen...

Please stay strong and you can do this.. Struggles are so difficult, but in long run, they all iron out.. Can I help you at all? If so, ask away. Take a moment, and breathe , and try to focus, sometimes that works for me.

Big Dog....
When I added the jello, I put out one cup of the Greek FF yogurt, some soy milk to make it light and fluffy, then just kept putting the lemon sf/ff jello into it till it tasted good to me.. It was not much. I did have to add the stevia which I use for a sweetener, though. I also add sweetener to the
pudding when I add it..

Patzi

nwcgina
02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Jen-we all understand the feeling...but don't give up. You are so close and doing so well. Nothing worth having ever comes quick and easy.

Talked to my consultant today and 2 interesting things. We were talking about maintenance and how you can still enjoy things like pizza, just in much different quantities and frequencies from before. She said "we are not supposed to recommend other products, but if you want a fat/carb blocker you could get (I can't remember the name) at Walmart". That's why I like her...not pushing her product. I'm probably not going to try it, but she told me what to look for in one if I ever want to try one. Also i asked her if she was still thinking about 2 more weeks until stabilizing...she told me she would let me decide when I was ready. If I wanted to be above my goal when I started or below. I told her I'm pretty happy right here and want to be able to maintain, so I'm going to do the 2 more weeks then see where I'm at and decide.

patzi
02-13-2012, 06:16 PM
nwcgina...
How great you are doing and what a great consultant you have.. I am so happy for you... You are so close..If you need any help please free to ask me ...

Patzi

camaswa
02-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Alright, Camaswa. Are you starting on stabilization this week or at the end of the month?

After forgetting my breakfast yesterday I've also been off today (not getting enough protein). But I don't want to "make up for it" at the end of the day. Need to spend time cooking up some chicken tomorrow! Bought some cute new workout gear today. I put on one of my pairs of workout capris today and they were so big it was funny. I walked into the living room and said "think I need new pants??" I figure I could get away with a little baggy workout gear, but if I would have run they would have fallen off. So I'm slowly adding to my collection (seriously, if I got rid of all the clothes that were too big and gave back the clothes I was borrowing, I would have almost no clothing). The workout shirt I got says "Strong in the new beautiful." Love it! My motto going forward.
Good question. I have to admit I wasn't sure why they wanted me to start quite yet, but my time is up and I don't want to pay more, so I just went along. In truth, I think I should get to the goal number first. I feel kind of wierd about it. That said, I think I am going to wait a week.

nwcgina
02-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks, Patzi. I'm sure I'll have questions when I start to stabilize. My consultant seems so knowledgeable about how we're going to add in foods and see which ones can cause gain. Like you keep saying, experimenting. It takes a little of the anxiety away, but I still have a fear that once I start on stabilization some crazy thing is going to kick in my brain and I'll eat everything...

Tamikl
02-13-2012, 11:59 PM
That is what I am going through right now with Stabilization:(. I am actually feeling stressed about the added foods. I guess I will get to discuss at my WI tomorrow. I am also extremely nervous about going away to Mexico for a whole week...I pray I will have the necessary willpower to eat wisely. Vacations are tough for me when it comes to food and choices and it seems temptation is everywhere. I need prayers ladies..please:) I really don't want to go backwards in this journey right when I am finally getting to move forward. I am not in a great mental place about all of this right now..obviously. Doesn't help to be in my PMS week and craving everything while hungry all the time. Oh well, this too shall pass, right?

JenB72
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
My apologies for my post yesterday. Pity party for one, please.

I'm just getting beyond frustrated. I did 5 days of Meta-Quick with a 2 pound loss. I can get that without Meta-Quick and eat a heck of a lot better. My weight seems to get stuck at 145. I get to 145 and then it starts going back up. That appears to be my wall. To gain weight while doing Meta-Quick just makes no sense to me.

To make matters worse, I was so pre-occupied getting out the door from work on Friday to make sure I picked up the munckin on time that I forgot ALL my MRC stuff at work. No drinks, no shakes, no nothing. Didn't realize this until Saturday...the day of sis-in-law's baby shower. I did pretty darn good with that, however, it became a bit embarassing. I had one neighbor going, "Look at you, Miss Hollywood!"...over and over. Another calling me a celebrity. And then there were the members of my family that, well, let's just say should be on MRC and it was obvious they were resentful of all the attention I was getting. Especially when they asked about the ads. So, when everyone left, it was late. I had to get the munckin dinner so I had some of what she did. Basically, I had a "Screw it!" moment that lasted until yesterday.

Last night, I broke down and told my husband what I had been doing with my eating since Saturday. Then he reminded me about all the running I've been doing lately. He said I was probably starting to build up muscles in my legs which would explain a bit of a weight gain. I then remembered my counselor telling me this. I hate when hubby's right. LOL

I haven't touched a scale since Saturday and I'm scared to see what I did. I'm going for my WI today and it's the first time in a long time that I'm absolutely dreading it.

Thanks for letting me vent. Not sure what I'll end up doing. Just feeling a bit lost right now.

patzi
02-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Jen..
I don't know if you recall, but when I was almost to maintenance I was stuck and could not get out of it for 4 weeks. I would do the metaquick and had no weight come off.. It could be the exercise and muscle build up as hubby says. It could be a host of things. They kept telling me, the last is the hardest to get rid of, but it still did not make me feel any better... Have your
consultant go thru your journal when you get back OP and see where you can change your eating. Mine was, the carbs.. I had to cut them back a great amount, and then I lost. Not much, but I did lose.. It is frustrating, but it will start coming off..

Today I had maintenance weigh in and lost 1/2 pound making me 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

I will have to share a drink they had for us at the center today, chocolate drink for Valentine's Day. I am on road today, so will check the recipe book and get back to you on it.. It was a small amount they gave us though. LOL
If you like chocolate this was it..

Everyone have a nice day.

Patzi

rachels77
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Jen -
Hugs to you! You are an inspiration... it's okay to vent and have a pity party, as you said. It's all a part of your journey.

People who aren't supportive need to just keep it to themselves. Since I lost more and more of weight, there are a few people that comment on my loss and tell me "you don't need to lose anymore... you'll look sick!" or they make fun of the salads and "health food" I eat. One said "if I ate as many salads as you do, I'd lose weight too!" I can't stand people to be so cynical and I really struggle with the attention that others seem to focus on my weight.

I feel like your body is adjusting to the weight... it may take a while and it's awesome that you're adding more excerise and running alot. That's so good for you! If it helps, my husband lost 115 pounds on MRC about 5 years ago and he slowed down quite a bit when he started running. But he LOVED running and I think it helped him to maintain his weight loss (even after his back surgery when he could no longer run...).

Anyway, hang in there. You are doing awesome!

M Wants to Live
02-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Can anyone tell me how drinking an HSN before you go to bed help you burn more calories. To me it would just add another 79 calories to your day? I am trying to find something on the internet stating that protien before you go to bed can help you burn calories/fat but am not finding it?

JenB72
02-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I faced the music today. They said I've got some sort of mental wall that I need to bust through to get past 145. And you know what, they're right. This is the 3rd or 4th time at 145 in the past couple of months. For some reason, instead of sticking with it, I get quickly discouraged and give myself license to misbehave. I just need to figure things out for myself I guess.

I did get the new menu. I almost wanted to cry when I actually saw it in front of me. Maybe this will help. I'm ultra picky about the foods I eat and this gives me more to choose from. I'll be stopping by the store tonight to get my new "legal" foods.

fatburningmama
02-14-2012, 06:44 PM
I received the new menu today too
So glad that I no longer have to "justify" my Greek yogurt to myself any longer.
Jen- I think perhaps I'm stuck behind a mental wall now too-- everytime I go to weigh I think it should bemore of a loss and it's ends up with no loss
I need to hey my butt in gear and climb on over it and get to losing before my time runs out

skinnyfarmer12
02-14-2012, 07:49 PM
What about this Greek yogurt thing? Tried some this morning with blueberries and it was horrible. Did anyone add splenda or anything to it? Also, love reading all your posts. Really gives me encouragement. At the 37 pound mark and ready to hit that 40lb mark and on to 50. Thanks for starting this post.

ynapier
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
I went to WI today after being away for a week. I was sick on my normal WI day which is Friday. I was down 1.5 which was kind of a surprising. I expected more since it had been a week since I was in last. The counselor said that since I was sick my body was in "get well" mode not "burn fat" mode so it was still good. I was hoping to see the "new" menu that everyone keeps talking about but nothing was said to me about it and I didn't ask. I was afraid of the question about where I heard about it. So I just decided to wait and see if they say anything about it after the 15th.

I am refocused on the program and exercise. I have a goal to exercise at least 20 minutes everyday for the rest of the month. I figure if I can do that for 2 weeks then it will be easier and I will stick to it in the long run. I usually set a goal of every other day for exercise. I hope this won't stall the weight loss though. It is always shocking to me that the center doesn't ask me about exercise unless I don't have a loss. Then it's are you exercising. Why isn't is more a part of the plan? Just my overactive mind questioning things again.

lovetofishandrun
02-15-2012, 01:57 AM
Weighed today - down 1.5 lbs. so I'm within 9 of goal. Asked about the new green menu. My center won't distribute til next week. Had a great meal with hubby and he told me how proud he was of me and enjoyed seeing the happiness back! Love reading your comments about your journey and comments to others.

JenB72
02-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Jen- I think perhaps I'm stuck behind a mental wall now too-- everytime I go to weigh I think it should bemore of a loss and it's ends up with no loss I need to hey my butt in gear and climb on over it and get to losing before my time runs out

In some way I wish it was a physical thing because that would be "easier" to fix than my head. LOL When I talked with my counselor, I admitted starches, particularly bread, are my biggest downfall. I'd rather have bread than chocolate. I think it may be time to temporarily delete it from my plan. That's why this new menu couldn't have come at a better time. I can now eat fruit in place of the starch. If that doesn't work, I have new choices of things I can eat instead of bread.

Go figure. I'm a bread-aholic. :hungry:

nwcgina
02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Can anyone tell me how drinking an HSN before you go to bed help you burn more calories. To me it would just add another 79 calories to your day? I am trying to find something on the internet stating that protien before you go to bed can help you burn calories/fat but am not finding it?

IMO and after looking at research, I don't think it does. But if it has been a long time between your last meal and going to bed and you need something, an HNS is a good option.

skinnyfarmer-yes, add splenda or stevia to plain greek yogurt. I do plain greek yogurt plus an HNS concentrate.

Jen-I kinda do the same thing when I have a loss and get to the next milestone...I don't do it consciously, but I tend to let myself get a little lax. Like yesterday hit my lowest weight yet...then last night was out to eat for DH bday and instead of a salad got a chicken Quesadilla with veggies...waaaaay too much tortilla. And the whole time I knew it would set me back a few days...why do I do that???

JenB72
02-15-2012, 09:07 AM
Jen-I kinda do the same thing when I have a loss and get to the next milestone...I don't do it consciously, but I tend to let myself get a little lax. Like yesterday hit my lowest weight yet...then last night was out to eat for DH bday and instead of a salad got a chicken Quesadilla with veggies...waaaaay too much tortilla. And the whole time I knew it would set me back a few days...why do I do that???

Yup, that's exactly what I do. It's kind like running a race and you get to the finish line (aka "a milestone") and it's almost like, I need a break before gearing up for the next milestone. It shouldn't be that way, but for some reason it is.

I think my other problem is that I'm so close to stabilization, and I saw the add-ons being posted, so I kinda gave myself license to have some of those foods instead of focusing on my menu. Big mistake. I just need to bypass those posts so I don't tempt myself. ;)

nwcgina
02-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Jen-This is another strange thing I've noticed. If I just stay on plan and track my food on paper I seem to do better. If I track my food/calories on my fitness pal I tend not to do as well. I don't know if I'm eating a little more seeing how low the calories are or if they are unrelated...We're both so close. Let's just do this thing!!!

M Wants to Live
02-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Just starting this again! I am confused though is this diet metabolic based or calorie based?

nwcgina
02-15-2012, 12:19 PM
On the plan you don't count calories so technically not calorie based. But your metabolism is the total amount of energy (measured in calories) used in a day from all the chemical processes that keep you alive and active, so its never really a one or the other thing.

JenB72
02-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Jen-This is another strange thing I've noticed. If I just stay on plan and track my food on paper I seem to do better. If I track my food/calories on my fitness pal I tend not to do as well. I don't know if I'm eating a little more seeing how low the calories are or if they are unrelated...We're both so close. Let's just do this thing!!!

MFP was making me go nuts. I started obsessing over the calories when just following the plan was working for me. I finally had to let it go and go back to what worked.

I'm with you...let's do this! :D

bigdog
02-15-2012, 02:25 PM
My DH made dinner for me for valentines day and before he went to the store I told him to get us some dessert. So he fixes this wonderful Greek salad with grilled flank steak and we had sushi for apps. Afterwards I said. Where's the dessert? He apologized and then I hugged him and thanked him for not getting dessert and being so supportive! If he had gotten dessert I would have been upset with a gain!!!! LOVE is someone doing without something for someone else!!!!! He rocks!!

nwcgina
02-15-2012, 03:52 PM
My MIL just brought over a bunch of fruit, broccoli, chicken already cooked (woo hoo) but also these dark chocolate mint things. I soooooooo want one. But I promptly put them in the freezer. I'm actually going to take them to the garage fridge to put with my fannie maes. When I hit maintenance I'm planning on always having a yummy chocolate treat after my long runs on Saturday. So putting that in the freezer and getting out some strawberries to make a chocolate strawberry soda with an HNS. In the end it will be worth it.

JenB72
02-15-2012, 04:00 PM
I wish my MIL lived close enough to do that for me. :) So far, so good though. I made it through yesterday OP, have been completely OP today and went for a 2 mile run at lunch. Now I just have to survive being at home tonight and not give into temptation. :ziplip:

patzi
02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
The drink I was telling you about that the center had as a treat for Valentine's Day is in the cookbook , page 243, called chocolate-Chery Cola..
Consultant could not find the Cherry Diet Soda, so replaced that with Strawberry... Sooooo good.. For those of you who do not have the cookbook here it is.

Chocolate -Cherry Cooler
1 pkg.double chocolate pudding supplement
1 pkgs.vanilla cream pudding supplement
8 0z. water
6 oz. cherry diet soda( can substitute strawberry)
5 ice cubes

Mix all ingredients ,except cherry soda , in blender on high speed until smooth.
Pour into chilled glass and pour cherry soda over top.

Servings 2
Begging Meta Slim Days 5-0
Meta- Slim Plus Day 1
Replaces one creamy supplement

Enjoy...
Patzi

brandilew84
02-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey Everyone- I am new to MRC (started 2/7/12). Today I had a sob fest and cried at every opportunity I could. This is very out of character for me. A complete 360 actually. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around meals- what you can and cannot eat, portion control, and food that's tasteless or unappealing to me.

I know most of my issues are my body going through shock and confusion right now, training myself to be stronger day by day, and not having those daily comfort foods anymore. That's what is the hardest.

When I weighed in Tuesday I had only lost 0.5lbs which came as a shocker! I feel like all I do is urinate! I also do better at work with the meal plan than I do at home- anyone else have issues with that?

camaswa
02-15-2012, 07:36 PM
You have to give yourself time to get used to everything. Your body is adjusting at the same time you are trying to wrap your head around all the rules. Many people feel terrible for a few days and want to give up. I do better at work too, I think because I have other stuff to focus on. As long as I have planned to take food or have thought out what I will buy, I put it out of my mind till lunch or break. but at home the kitchen is always there, or the TV. I think my maintenance life will probably be to eat like now on weekdays to make up for what thIngs I add in at home. You are not alone- this is a big commitment! Keep posting.

camaswa
02-15-2012, 07:38 PM
I loved this! Thanks. And diet cherry soda by Hansons is a fave of mine anyway.

nwcgina
02-15-2012, 08:59 PM
brandie-it is easier when I'm at work or just anywhere with my mind on something else. At home if I get tempted food is right there to entice me.

i made myself a similar cherry cola drink...diet cherry soda, a chocolate pudding and strawberries. Super yummy. I also like diet cherry 7up, a vanilla pudding, and berries. (obviously it has to be at a time you can have an HNS and fruit). i think a lunch option adds in cottage cheese and it's like having a huge bowl of frozen yogurt for lunch.

Home by myself for the first time in a long time. Quiet. Nice. A little hot tea. some reading. Ahhhhhh!!!!

brandilew84
02-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys! My other issue is that my stomach seems to be upset all the time. Is this just because I am adjusting? Or is there a supplement that I can be taking that is making me frequent the bathroom? I stopped taking the Cal/Mag thinking it was that- but stomach still aches.

eb102106
02-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Down 1 lb since Sunday. I'm not sure how because it has been a rough week for me, but I'll take it. It seems harder for me this time around to stay focused and keep moving forward. One day at a time I guess...or one meal at a time in my case.

By the way, I tried both the Walden Farms original and thick and spicy BBQ sauces. Not bad. Now, not as good as KC Masterpiece, but good. It's another way to eat my chicken so I'm happy. Thanks for the tip ladies!

nwcgina
02-16-2012, 07:52 AM
brandie-I didn't have issues with an upset stomach, I had problems with constipation at first. But eventually my body regulated itself.

JenB72
02-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Hey Everyone- I am new to MRC (started 2/7/12). Today I had a sob fest and cried at every opportunity I could. This is very out of character for me. A complete 360 actually. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around meals- what you can and cannot eat, portion control, and food that's tasteless or unappealing to me.

I know most of my issues are my body going through shock and confusion right now, training myself to be stronger day by day, and not having those daily comfort foods anymore. That's what is the hardest.

When I weighed in Tuesday I had only lost 0.5lbs which came as a shocker! I feel like all I do is urinate! I also do better at work with the meal plan than I do at home- anyone else have issues with that?

Brandi, I promise you, it does get better. Once you get used to it, it will be like second nature to you. The first 10 days on plan are always the worst. It will be worth it though.

Work is "easier" for me deal with too because the food is limited and more controlled. At home, it is a bit more of a struggle because food is so readily available. I've said many times, losing weight for me is more of a mental game than physical. Physically, I can absolutely do this. It's my mind that gets in the way. The problem is, if I cheat at home, it will show up on the scale and even though it may not seem like much of a cheat, the menu is carefully planned out and eating a little extra of this or not enough of that always backfires. Sometimes in a big way.

This board has been an incredible source of support for me. I encourage you to post here often. We all know what you're going through and if you have a question, inevitably, someone will be able to help.

Good luck on your journey! :hug:

Fluffy in Florida
02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
brandi-the first day was the worst for me. I went from barely drinking 8oz of water a day to drinking 64oz over night and my body rejecting that notion. I was in the bathroom all day with "stomach" issues. I'm sure your body just has to figure out what you are doing to it and things will go much better. Good luck on your journey.

brandilew84
02-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Great! Thanks- I just couldn't wrap my head around this! My stomach still hurts- not hunger pain but a burning/cramping. I go back in Saturday so I will check with them and see what could be causing my belly issues. =)

I bought my food scale last night and pre-packaged my fruits/veggies/snacks. Went to work and left them all in the fridge! Go figure.

My biggest issue is protein! I am not a big fan of meat- so I eat a lot of tuna, turkey, chicken. I had flounder for dinner last night and was pleasantly surprised. I liked it! I had the HNS Green Tea with Cranberry. It was blah. I had to drink it like I drink beer. Fast.

Fluffy in Florida
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Don't forget about eggs and cheese. And now the nuts too. Your protein doesn't always have to come from meat. They also have a vegetarian diet but I don't know what the requirements are to be on that. I struggled with having to eat 6oz of protein. It doesn't sound like a lot until you weight it out and have to eat it. And mix it up some too. I ate the turkey/chicken so much that I was getting really tired of it which had me questioning my decision to do this. I started adding in the other proteins and combining proteins and I think that is what kept me going.

camaswa
02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
When and in what quantity are nuts now allowed? And on another topic, does anybody take their measurements often? My weight is bouncing around the same few pounds but my waist is definitely getting smaller. About an inch I'm the last couple weeks. I am doing ab exercises 3x week- could it be they actually work???

JenB72
02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
My husband jokes with me, that we're not playing "Where's Waldo?" We're playing "Where's Jen?" Just found out my ad ran in Sioux City, Iowa. I still can't believe it. Things like this just don't happen to me!

Chickadee
02-16-2012, 11:15 AM
When and in what quantity are nuts now allowed? And on another topic, does anybody take their measurements often? My weight is bouncing around the same few pounds but my waist is definitely getting smaller. About an inch I'm the last couple weeks. I am doing ab exercises 3x week- could it be they actually work???

I'm on Menus Made Easy, and eat raw cashews quite often. I love, love, love them. I'm allowed 1 oz. at breakfast up to twice a week, or 1/2 oz at my snack time.

I'm doing my yellow belt test tomorrow. So nervous, but I'm ready. Tae Kwon Do has been a great form of exercise. It kicks my butt everytime! I had some really bad news from my mom this week about her health. I am so worried about her and have been king of weepy. So far I haven't stress eaten, which I'm proud of. I'm trying hard not to.

Have a great day everyone!
Chickadee

nwcgina
02-16-2012, 11:18 AM
@camaswa-yes, I take my measurements every 2 weeks. And lately my waist esp has been dropping with adding more exercise but the weight loss has slowed significantly (maybe average a pound a week). Once you've lost soem of the overlayer, ab exercises (and any strength ex's) can help change your shape.

@Jen-Sioux City is the area I grew up in and where my parents are. Too cool. You're a celeb:)

Now to stay strictly on plan today. I think with being so close to goal I'm letting myself get a little too slack...just get it done so I can move on to stabilization. I think once I get below 155 I will ask to switch to stabilization (since she's letting me chose when I want to).

brandilew84
02-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Don't forget about eggs and cheese. And now the nuts too. Your protein doesn't always have to come from meat. They also have a vegetarian diet but I don't know what the requirements are to be on that. I struggled with having to eat 6oz of protein. It doesn't sound like a lot until you weight it out and have to eat it. And mix it up some too. I ate the turkey/chicken so much that I was getting really tired of it which had me questioning my decision to do this. I started adding in the other proteins and combining proteins and I think that is what kept me going.

I do eat eggs! :) But the cheese- What is the best cheese to eat??

LeoTheLioness
02-16-2012, 01:58 PM

On the MRC plan, 1/2 oz. nuts + 4 oz. protein allowed 1x per day.
So, if you have nuts, you have to reduce the amount of protein by 2 ozs. for that meal.

LeoTheLioness
02-16-2012, 02:00 PM

It's really a matter of taste - I like sharp cheeses (especially Sharp White & Yellow Cheddar). Make sure it's hard cheese - not shredded. :D

JenB72
02-16-2012, 02:03 PM

It has to be "hard" cheese. From what I've read, this includes Parmesan, Asiago, Gouda, and certain aged cheddars. Also, you're only allowed to have cheese 1x a day.

On the MRC plan, 1/2 oz. nuts + 4 oz. protein allowed 1x per day.
So, if you have nuts, you have to reduce the amount of protein by 2 ozs. for that meal.

For the green menu, it's 2 oz. protein + 1/2 oz. nuts.

Rocki
02-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Still trying to catch up on all the posts here. I plan on trying to get back on program in the next couple of days. I talked to my doctor today and he said it is an ovarian dermoid (cyst), but it's a complex cyst so it won't go away on its own. I can have it removed or I can do nothing. Since I will have to pay for the whole thing on my own (it will go towards my deductible) I may just wait. The excessive bleeding is b/c of endometrial polyps and the pain could be from that or the cyst or both. UGH..I may just try to suffer through for a while and see. They said they'll do another sonogram in 6 months to make sure the cyst hasn't grown. I'm waiting to hear how much the procedure costs and that will be a big deciding factor.

In the meantime I've gained some weight back (more than I'd like to admit at this point), but am really trying to get back into the swing of things. I (like bigdog said) let this be my excuse to eat whatever I wanted and not concentrate on being good and eating well. I need to get back to that. It's amazing how I can be totally in the zone and then completely off track. I really need to figure that out b/c that's why I've lost and gained this weight over and over. I'm still down, but not near as much as I was. It's very frustrating.

I hope you all are doing great!

RaRaF
02-16-2012, 02:44 PM
My center told me that any cheese that could be grated would be considered "hard" cheese. BUT--pre-grated cheese probably isn't a good idea because it has some sort of stuff on it that makes it not stick together. I question mozzarella though, it can be grated, but it's pretty soft, so I don't know for sure. I usually stick to cheddar.

rachels77
02-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey...

Went to WI today and GAINED 1.5 pounds! Granted, I did allow myself a small piece of SF chocolate marshmallow candy and it is TOM... and, I weighed in a few hours later than I normally do, but I am really bummed about this. I think it's messing with my mind and I had a "forget it" moment and had a few of my daughter's french fries at lunch.

Anyway, I'm hoping the gain has been due to stress (sick kiddos and my neice going through the death of a classmate), so hopefully we'll get back on track. Just feeling blech today...

Ever have one of those? I'm needing some Zumba! Stat!

brandilew84
02-16-2012, 04:09 PM
It has to be "hard" cheese. From what I've read, this includes Parmesan, Asiago, Gouda, and certain aged cheddars. Also, you're only allowed to have cheese 1x...

Perfect! Thank you!!

I have been waiting since 0900 for my ICU patient to come out of the OR and it a little past 3! I have been reading the recipes and I now see a light at the end of the tunnel!! So glad to have found that! :jig:

bigdog
02-16-2012, 08:15 PM
home alone too - DH worked doubleshift and now cking in on his parents...i was very tempted to have one of my favorite dinners before MRC. when i tell you what my dinner used to be when my DH worked late, you will know how i gained 30 lbs very quickly~ microwave butter popcorn (the whole bag) with dark chocolate chips and dry roasted peanuts thrown in!! i had myself believing it was fiber and protein... REALLY???

Brandi - take it one day at a time..you will lose on this plan. track everything you eat and drink. some of us use the forms they gave us to check off (works the best) great to put them in a notebook to refer to and show your counselor so they can make sure you are doing everything right to lose. i switched to online tracking (myfitnesspal) just becuz i like to use my blackberry on the road or iPad... plus helps me to preplan. for example if i'm going to Applebees and plug in what i was planning on eating YIKES!!!! i change my plan or eat 1/4 of it! :-) in the beginning though, it's better to use their tracking sheets till you learn the program. when you are weighing in, VERY IMPORTANT go as early as you can and if you don't eat the morning of or drink anything it's even better. wear the lightest clothes you can. i kept my "light" clothes in the car and changed when i got there to weigh in. it makes a big difference - i hated when i was on plan and then because i had forgotten and drank a lot before weigh in or had heavy clothes on it would register a gain or no loss. very disappointing. i promise you this plan works!!

By the way, my dinner tonight ended up being Salad with lean flank steak and fresh pink grapefruit all mixed in w/ ginger dressing....yum!!

camaswa
02-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Thanks about the nuts. That one is not worth it to me.

bigdog
02-16-2012, 08:22 PM
hey Rocki!

you'll get it off in no time - the good thing is now you know what to do and how to lose successfully. i'm sure with what you are going through, there are probably some hormone issues and weight gain from that. dont you love being a woman? :-) fantastic news that it's a cyst!! i think you need to celebrate by making some turkey muffins, fix yourself a double order of Chocolate Truffle protein shake and do a happy dance to celebrate that good news!! dancing counts as activity!:dancer:

bigdog
02-16-2012, 08:29 PM
It's really a matter of taste - I like sharp cheeses (especially Sharp White & Yellow Cheddar). Make sure it's hard cheese - not shredded. :D

i like the sharpest stinkiest cheese made! :-) i also love haberno and jalepeno cheese - spice rules!

bigdog
02-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Thanks about the nuts. That one is not worth it to me.

hahahahah, i was wondering what you were talking about :-)

nwcgina
02-16-2012, 08:47 PM
bigdog-I love your home alone supper...sounds similar to the things I would have eaten previously...that or going to BK with the kids so they could play on the playground and I'd bet a big, fatty burger. That would probably make me really sick if I tried to eat it now!

I had a killer workout today. I've slowly been adding in more exercise and my plan was to do about 20 min cardio, 20 strength. Got 10 on elliptical then 20 of hard lifting then decided it was so nice (about 40 degees) that I'd do my last 15 minutes of cardio running outside. So I took off from campus where I've never run...and kinda got lost. I was running around the yard of a nursing home trying to find my way back (I was sure they were going to call the cops on me). I finally had to backtrack to find my way back. so my run doubled in time, which is good for calorie burn...but now I'm starving. I'm almost tempted to enter my calories/exercise in MFP just to see what the calorie deficit was, but that will just make me more hungry. i'm to the point of feeling sick, so I had some SF jello and going to rehydrate and just paint my nails and watch Glee (so not my typical night, I'm almost always doing something-working or grading or cleaning or reading/journaling). My body is definitely not ready (calorie wise) to take on 60 minutes of full blown activity. Mentally I'm ready!!

JenB72
02-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Perfect! Thank you!!

I have been waiting since 0900 for my ICU patient to come out of the OR and it a little past 3! I have been reading the recipes and I now see a light at the end of the tunnel!! So glad to have found that! :jig:

Happy to help. My biggest piece of advice is to plan, plan, plan. Pack your breakfast and lunch the night before (just like when we were kids) and put it in the fridge. Then all you have to do is grab your bag out of the fridge before leaving for work. Throw and ice pack or two in before leaving if you don't have access to a fridge. All your foods are already measured out and that helps to make for a less stressful day. :)

skinnyfarmer12
02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
FYI added some great value blueberry drink mix (1/4 of packet for about 8 calories) to my greek yogurt and frozen blueberries and blended it. Wow delicious!
:carrot:

katiej079
02-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Hello ladies - I need your help. I have been stuck at 168 for about 3 weeks now. I've been on plan, but have added cardio and major strength training to start gaining muscle to help with the flab. I've been doing research on my own (not sure if that's a good thing with the plan) and I feel that I'm not eating enough calories and that's why my body is in stall mode. Any advice from y'all? I go in for my WI tomorrow morning and have a great center, so I'll be asking for their advice as well. Just a little frustrated at this point that the scale is not moving. Glad I can feel it in my clothes, though! I probably shouldn't be complaining. :)

nwcgina
02-17-2012, 01:55 PM
katie-When I bumped up my exercise program I was staaarving and stalling out, I asked my center and they switched me to metabalance. Much better for my activity level. With the amount I'm eating I still can't be quite as active as what I want to be, but I'm getting in some good workouts. The metaslim plan does not give you enough calories if you are being really active. My loss has slowed some since switching, but my waist, etc is decreasing more rapidly. And I've been keeping my sanity. I know if I went back to metaslim I'd hit my goal pretty quick, but I'm actually okay with a slower loss or maybe not even getting as low weight wise as I'd like if I can build my muscle back (I lost about 7 lbs of muscle losing the first 20 lbs, the last 10 lbs I lost 2 of it was muscle...if I can just gain back my muscle without putting back on fat weight, I'll be smokin' hot where I am;))

LeoTheLioness
02-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi Ladies!
Just got back from weigh-in. No loss. :( No gain. :D

When I look back at my Food Journal, I've been NOT eating - skipping meals, not drinking enough water. I'm paranoid about EVERYTHING I put in my mouth - especially carbs. Also, I started with a new protein drink this week, the new menu came out this week, and I'm just all out of sorts.

When my counselor looked at my Food Journal, she was like, "what's going on with you? I usually have to take food away from people!" (in a nice way)

I told her, "I'm just paranoid about eating now. I'm not drinking enough water. It's crazy."

Of course she explained that I'm starving myself and that's not good (and I know this!).

So, over the weekend, I'm going to "get my mind right" and try to get my eating back on schedule.

Any words of encouragement or insight are appreciated. :D

JenB72
02-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi Ladies!

When I look back at my Food Journal, I've been NOT eating - skipping meals, not drinking enough water. I'm paranoid about EVERYTHING I put in my mouth - especially carbs. Also, I started with a new protein drink this week, the new menu came out this week, and I'm just all out of sorts.

When my counselor looked at my Food Journal, she was like, "what's going on with you? I usually have to take food away from people!" (in a nice way)

I told her, "I'm just paranoid about eating now. I'm not drinking enough water. It's crazy."

Of course she explained that I'm starving myself and that's not good (and I know this!).

So, over the weekend, I'm going to "get my mind right" and try to get my eating back on schedule.

Sounds like your body is going into starvation mode. Just remember, you do need carbs. However, you need to eat them in moderation. If the plan calls for carbs, it's there for a reason. Just take a deep breath and take it a meal at a time. All will be ok. :hug:

Lunchtime WI and I lost 2.5 pounds since Tuesday. I know a lot of that was flushing the salt out of my system and my body letting go of the water weight. I've been on a great roll since then. Just have to keep it up. Also, they did my measurements and I'm down 59.75 inches. Wah! I want that 1/4"!!!! ;)

brandilew84
02-17-2012, 04:18 PM
May I ask what type of food scale everyone uses?

JenB72
02-17-2012, 04:28 PM

The closest thing I can find online to the one I have is over at Amazon. It's a Salter Mechnical Scale. However, if I could do it over, I'd go digital. I've been debating making the switch.

nwcgina
02-17-2012, 04:41 PM
i have a digital food scale, something from walmart. I love it. I had a manual one before to try to save money and it sucked.

Way to go, Jen!! Keep it up. (don't get overconfident and backslide:))

Leo-your body DOES need carbs, . It's just that most of us were eating way too many. If you restrict any below the plan they give you are really putting your body in starvation mode. Their plan really borders on too low of calories, especially if you are active. If you aren't active, what they give is the absolute lowest you can go, so don't restrict so much. Your body will revolt and most of you loss will be from muscle (which slows down your metabolism).

faerychic
02-17-2012, 04:59 PM

I have a Taylor digital scale that I purchased at Target - I think is was about $30. It is great - much easier to use a digital, less room for error.

ynapier
02-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Jen - Way to go on the inches loss. That is almost as rewarding as the pounds lost. ALMOST! ;)

I had WI today and was up 1 lb. I was very bummed. I did start today and think that may be some part of the gain. I have not wieghed on the day that I have started before, only in the middle of a cycle. I know that has an effect on weight but a pound seems like a lot. I also did a new to me workout last night and thought that could have something to do with it. I usually do gazelle which I really enjoy but decided to go to a stretch and tone class that the center was doing. We did interval walking which was great but "new" to my body. I'm am guessing this would also have something to do with the gain. So maybe it is a combo of both.

This will have me watching program even more closely than normal. I am determined to sign the 60 pound board before February is over. I will get there.

camaswa
02-17-2012, 07:09 PM
hahahahah, i was wondering what you were talking about :-)
I know! I am usually on my iPhone and have a bad habit of not quoting the person I am replying to. I sound like an idiot, making random comments pulled out of thin air.

Baby Doll
02-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I just finished my preconditioning today and start the diet tomorrow. I am so excited. I lost 8 lbs. on preconditioning. Yeah! :D

bigdog
02-18-2012, 08:29 AM
I know! I am usually on my iPhone and have a bad habit of not quoting the person I am replying to. I sound like an idiot, making random comments pulled out of thin air.

no you don't, i figured you were on the iphone - made me laugh which is good (dealing w/ inlaws). i am glad they have the edit feature - i've gone back and edited a few times a lot of times! wish we could edit on Facebook! just got an iPad and when replying have hit return too soon and the message totally did not make sense! still trying to catch up to you Girl, i'm stuck on 170...but super happy i haven't gained
Have a great weekend!

bigdog
02-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi Ladies!

hey, Leo,
definitely get more water in - if you do not, that alone will stall you big time and cause you to retain water. as soon as i get up after i weigh in, and walk my pups, i drink two huge glasses of water to get me started. that alone gets me in the right mind set to stay on plan. i've been replacing my starches w/ fruit - grapefruit and strawberries are more appealing to me than my lite bread and melba toast! (and i used to be a huge carb freak) fruit does have carbs and they are like dessert to me. i'm having a chocolate truffle strawberry shake right now! i've found when i eat more salads, i'll register a loss. feel like i'm eating all the time but it works. guess that's what they mean about this metabolic science thing that MRC is all about. get at least 3-4 HNSs in a day and increase your water - it all works!!!

TOO many carbs are the :devil: but what the plan calls for are energy. you can do this!!!

Chickadee
02-18-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm a yellow belt! I can barely walk today, but i did it. That's all.

Chickadee

nwcgina
02-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Contemplating backing off my exercise for 2 weeks and going back to the green menu just to speed it up and get it off. I've been stuck for a week. i'm going to see what Monday's # is (I know I worked out hard this week so I do retain water as part of my muscles healing). Going to ask my sister, mom, etc for advice on what I should do. Here's my quick internal discussion, if you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it:

1. My goal of 150 was a totally arbitrary # I set. My lowest ever before this was 172, so I had no idea where to set a goal. BUT, 150 would be a healthy BMI for my height...

2. I'm loving exercising more...and even though my loss has slowed, my measurements are getting less. I feel good and everyone tells me I look great.

3. I don't want to fall into the trap of "just a little bit more" Of course we'll always want a little more off our waist, a little more off the scale and it can be enslave us...I was thinking about this last night when I was at work and saw both a high school girl and a mom who have been battling anorexia lately. In my field I work with eating disorders a lot and a few times along the way I've found myself falling into some of that thinking.

4. If I switch to green I can back off on my exercise and probably hit my goal weight in 2-3 weeks.

5. If I stay on metabalance and workout, it will probably take me 6ish weeks to finish (if I don't totally stall out), but my body composition might improve.

So I see three options: 1) stabilize here with keeping my exercise level high. Be happy with where I am and maintain it (if I lose a bit more, especially body fat, great!), 2) stick with metabalance until I'm at or close to goal, knowing it may take longer, or 3) switch back to the green menu, back of exercise, and just get it done...

Part of my post is just me processing...but if anyone has an opinion, I'd love to hear it. Either from past experience, etc...

bigdog
02-18-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm a yellow belt! I can barely walk today, but i did it. That's all.

Chickadee

Congratulations! we have the International Film fest this weekend and just watched Empty Hand: The Real Karate Kids - true story about 4 young competitors - awesome focus and working hard to achieve success. very cool!!!

bigdog
02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Contemplating backing off my exercise for 2 weeks and going back to the green menu just to speed it up and get it off. I've been stuck for a week. i'm going to see what Monday's # is (I know I worked out hard this week so I do retain water as part of my muscles healing). Going to ask my sister, mom, etc for advice on what I should do. Here's my quick internal discussion, if you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it:

1. My goal of 150 was a totally arbitrary # I set. My lowest ever before this was 172, so I had no idea where to set a goal. BUT, 150 would be a healthy BMI for my height...

2. I'm loving exercising more...and even though my loss has slowed, my measurements are getting less. I feel good and everyone tells me I look great.

3. I don't want to fall into the trap of "just a little bit more" Of course we'll always want a little more off our waist, a little more off the scale and it can be enslave us...I was thinking about this last night when I was at work and saw both a high school girl and a mom who have been battling anorexia lately. In my field I work with eating disorders a lot and a few times along the way I've found myself falling into some of that thinking.

4. If I switch to green I can back off on my exercise and probably hit my goal weight in 2-3 weeks.

5. If I stay on metabalance and workout, it will probably take me 6ish weeks to finish (if I don't totally stall out), but my body composition might improve.

So I see three options: 1) stabilize here with keeping my exercise level high. Be happy with where I am and maintain it (if I lose a bit more, especially body fat, great!), 2) stick with metabalance until I'm at or close to goal, knowing it may take longer, or 3) switch back to the green menu, back of exercise, and just get it done...

Part of my post is just me processing...but if anyone has an opinion, I'd love to hear it. Either from past experience, etc...

my opinion would be to do number one and keep exercising because that is when you are the happiest - the more muscle you have the more calories you will burn naturally. i'd probably do a cross between Metabalance and Metaslim but make sure you have enough food for energy so you can continue your exercise program. Maintain at the weight you are now so you won't be a slave to the scale and disappointed when you don't see a weight loss. to me, looking good and being strong and healthy is the most important thing. i bet you will prob continue to lose but just try not to focus on just that. losing inches is so much more important although Weight loss centers measure our success w/ the scales.

brandilew84
02-18-2012, 05:24 PM
Hello Ladies!! :wave:

WI today and I had lost 3lbs! I nearly cried. I was struggling so much. Incredible!! Thank for the assistance. I picked up the cookbook today and hope to start cooking soon!

So I have an issue. My husband has had diabetes since he was 7 years old. So we have always, always done carb counting. My issue is that he cannot have near as much protein as I can. He was already spilling protein in his urine at the last doctor visit. (he's only 28 and falling apart!) Do you have any issues like this when it comes to shopping and feeding the family?? How do you make everyone happy?? :?:

ynapier
02-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I feel like I have completely failed today. It's been rough. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Praying for strength.

RaRaF
02-18-2012, 11:56 PM
I feel like I have completely failed today. It's been rough. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Praying for strength.

I know exactly how you feel. I've had the same day. When this happens I try to take it meal by meal, minute by minute if I have to. Good luck!

catcaw
02-19-2012, 06:53 AM
I hope everyone has a great month!!!

:val1::val1::val1:

Hello JenB72, I would love to get the PDF file that you were sharing w/ reguards to info & menus for MRC. I have tried to PM you but I have to have been here 20 days and made a certian amout of posts. Can you PM me so I can share my contact info to you? Thank you so much...~CCC

nwcgina
02-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Hang in there, Y.

patzi
02-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Big Dog...
My opinion and I am not only talking for myself, am relating this to three other friends who joined MRC and are on maintenance now..
If you have a goal, make that your priority. If it is 150 or whatever, go there for your goal. That will also give you some wiggle room for maintenance.. If you recall I went 5 pounds under goal, so if I gained 2 pounds, like I may do this week due to eating out so much for the Daytona 500 races, and I mean all races, I don't have to freak out if I gain . I would do my exercise as my regular daily schedule, and keep that a steady for your challenge. I do not think it is a good thing to push stabilization and goal, as I know some that did and were not successful. Now, that is my own personal opinion, and may not be good for you, only you can make that choice, but it worked for me and my friends, so thought I would share. Remember , Big Dog, this is for a lifetime, so breathe and be easy on yourself, you will get to where you want to be in no time, as you are doing so well...

Ynapier... Never feel you have failed. It is just something that happened, and go back to your challenge and say today is another day and forget about it.. If you gained due to it, it will come off, just go back to basics, but never feel you have failed.

brandilew84 Congrats on a great weight loss.

Baby Doll.. Great weight loss.. Congratulations on your new challenge.

I was going thru recipes looking for something, and it is so sad so many of the people that were on here and a great contribution to this forum are no longer with us.. I hope they made maintenance and that is why.. But sure miss hearing from them, as some were doing so well..

I did not have a change to weigh in Friday but will do so Tuesday, and I have to hope for the best. Have not been OP , as I always go back to green menu when I have weeks like this, but eating out can be a problem at times. Whatever it is, I will handle it and lose it. Everyone is different. My friend made maintenance at 120 and just stays there. She eats out, maybe gains .2 not 2 like me. She is a lucky one, but that just goes to show we are all different..

Wishing y'all a great weekend and think thin and OP. Remember if you work the program it is your road to maintenance.

Patzi

faerychic
02-19-2012, 10:58 AM
I am sabotaging my diet every weekend and I need the break the cycle! I feel like I have my diet angel on my shoulder Sunday thru Friday keeping me on track and then on Saturday my diet devil shows up and wins the battle. My couselor told me last week if I was going to continue this pattern then I was wasting my money. It kinda pissed me off at first, but then I took it as a challenge. I had a 2.5 loss yesterday at weigh in and SWORE that I would not sabotage my loss with a binge and gain, but my diet devil won out :devil: Any thoughts on how to win the battle with my diet devil? I do eat before going grocery shopping - I think it's just a mental issue!

lovetofishandrun
02-19-2012, 12:07 PM
I've been "posting" since December but might not be up the the number to get responses. I too would like the pdf file. 9 lbs. from goal but having rough end of week might prove I have more to go.:?: Enjoy the day

nwcgina
02-19-2012, 01:13 PM
patzi & bigdog-thanks for the advice. Definitely doing a lot of thinking today. I think the first big questions is "Is 150 my real goal?"...I mean I set it not really knowing what I would look/feel like anywhere below 172. Once I answer that question...if it is 150, I need to stick with it, if I decide its more like 155, then that will be my goal. My counselor even said "you may get to 153 and decide that's actually what you want". So whatever number I decide for sure I want to get to, then to decide if I want to cut back exercise and do the green menu (going back to it today to see if I can survive on it...) or stay on metabalance until I hit my goal. Hmmmm...

faerychic-sounds like your counselor was giving you good tough love. We all make occasional mistakes and set backs, but if you are consistently blowing it on a weekly basis you need to make some serious changes to your weekend. I decided I'm the only one who put stuff in my mouth, so only I could make the changes. I do a couple of things. One is we keep no junk food that I like in the house. If there is something I really think I'll want on maintenance (like the fannie mae's I got for Christmas)i throw them in the deep freeze. I also have purposely only gone to restaurants or social events where I can control what I eat (see below).

Yesterday I had a baby shower (not for me). Usually I would look forward to such an occasion just for the food. More recently I've stayed away from some events because of the temptation of food. This was the first time I went not being afraid that I would overeat, but also didn't spend all the time thinkign about food. I had a few strawberries (they had ice cream sundaes). Also today was a church potluck. We have them once a month and I have not went to one since starting MRC because I knew I'd be tempted or be miserable seeing all the good food. Today I bravely took a spinach salad and planned on eating my salad and a bar...then right after church had a kid get sick so no potluck for me. Hopefully there's some of my salad left when DH gets home. But I'm learning I'm at the point now that I don't need to avoid situations but also have control and don't need to overeat.

bigdog
02-19-2012, 08:50 PM
patzi & bigdog-thanks for the advice. Definitely doing a lot of thinking today. I think the first big questions is "Is 150 my real goal?"...I mean I set it not really knowing what I would look/feel like anywhere below 172. Once I answer that question...if it is 150, I need to stick with it, if I decide its more like 155, then that will be my goal. My counselor even said "you may get to 153 and decide that's actually what you want". So whatever number I decide for sure I want to get to, then to decide if I want to cut back exercise and do the green menu (going back to it today to see if I can survive on it...) or stay on metabalance until I hit my goal. Hmmmm...

faerychic-sounds like your counselor was giving you good tough love. We all make occasional mistakes and set backs, but if you are consistently blowing it on a weekly basis you need to make some serious changes to your weekend. I decided I'm the only one who put stuff in my mouth, so only I could make the changes. I do a couple of things. One is we keep no junk food that I like in the house. If there is something I really think I'll want on maintenance (like the fannie mae's I got for Christmas)i throw them in the deep freeze. I also have purposely only gone to restaurants or social events where I can control what I eat (see below).

Yesterday I had a baby shower (not for me). Usually I would look forward to such an occasion just for the food. More recently I've stayed away from some events because of the temptation of food. This was the first time I went not being afraid that I would overeat, but also didn't spend all the time thinkign about food. I had a few strawberries (they had ice cream sundaes). Also today was a church potluck. We have them once a month and I have not went to one since starting MRC because I knew I'd be tempted or be miserable seeing all the good food. Today I bravely took a spinach salad and planned on eating my salad and a bar...then right after church had a kid get sick so no potluck for me. Hopefully there's some of my salad left when DH gets home. But I'm learning I'm at the point now that I don't need to avoid situations but also have control and don't need to overeat.

i really like WebMD and subscribe to the email blast so gives me advice every day via email. i need the daily motivation! :-) i really like their BMI info http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus
which gives you more detailed info re: your healthy weight based on weight, age, pant's size to determine body type. i'm totally in favor of staying on plan but when i read your posts, i know you are happier when you keep your exercise level higher and if 155 or 153 is where you can maintain and look and feel great, why try to get to that made up number of 150? but of course that is my opinion only. to me this is a lifestyle change and i do love the extra protein and less carbs that the MRC plan has - i feel better, not stuffed, more muscle, more energy - hormone levels are good but i do know that w/ additional exercise and More Muscle, i will eventually not have to count every calorie or worry so much about having occasional treats or cocktails because my super hot muscular body will be burning more fat naturally! that's why i would keep up the exercise even though the scale may not register as much weight loss...loss of inches would be more important to me. anyway, you and the other athletes on this board motivate me to push myself more so please keep sharing your successes -
you will know what works better for you...

bigdog
02-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I am sabotaging my diet every weekend and I need the break the cycle! I feel like I have my diet angel on my shoulder Sunday thru Friday keeping me on track and then on Saturday my diet devil shows up and wins the battle. My couselor told me last week if I was going to continue this pattern then I was wasting my money. It kinda pissed me off at first, but then I took it as a challenge. I had a 2.5 loss yesterday at weigh in and SWORE that I would not sabotage my loss with a binge and gain, but my diet devil won out :devil: Any thoughts on how to win the battle with my diet devil? I do eat before going grocery shopping - I think it's just a mental issue!

when i used to be a member of a gym, the trainer would tell me i did great 5 days a week, then undo everything on the weekend! i think he called me a weekend warrior? or something like that. i have to make sure i have no junk food in the house or i will get bored and eat it. my DH lately has been buying chips, dip, butter popcorn, doritoes, cookies and i feel like smacking him! i did get into the oreos but had one or two not half the bag! - i'm putting everything in the pantry instead of keeping on top of microwave in full sight. he told me today WE need to get back on our diet - i looked at him and said i am still doing this diet and haven't gone off even though we have been out to eat tons of times in the past month (going back and forth to take care of inlaws) anyway, that was kind of an insult but anyway...i haven't lost any but haven't gained back. so guess this is a push to keep going and start tomorrow seriously to get the rest of my weight off and to my goal :-) chug a lug on the water for sure!

JenB72
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
I survived Disney World! LOL We went there over the weekend for my nephew's 2nd birthday. This had been a long planned event. Even my MRC center knew about it and we came up with a plan. The only time I went off plan was Saturday morning. We did "Chef Mickey" breakfast at the Contemporary Resort. What fun! I took my F&C Blockers and didn't over do it. The rest of the weekend, I ate according to plan. Yes, you can stay on plan at Disney if you want to. All in all, I think I maintained for this weekend. So, I'm happy for not registering a gain and know where MANY of the bathrooms are at the parks. ;)

I noticed there were a couple of requests for the pdf files. My apologies, but as I stated before, I will not be mailing them out anymore. I got burned last time I did it and quit posting for a while because of it. Sorry, but I have to stick to my guns on this one. :(

nwcgina
02-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks, bigdog. I am really leaning toward 155 is where I want to stabilize...like you said, at this point the activity is so much more important to me (as I'm sitting here with strep or some massive head cold or something that is making me miserable and definitely not exercising today). When I really think about what I want to change yet, it's mainly just a little bit off my waist, which will happen as I continue to be more active. I'm pretty happy with the rest of me. And I've been able to run and feel really good. Since it looks like I may be spending most of this week not doing much exercise (whatever sickness this is just started and is getting worse), I may switch to green. One week on green and I may be at my 155 mark. I'm going to decide for sure later today when I talk to my consultant...

JenB72
02-20-2012, 09:22 AM

I understand what you are going through. It's absolutely a mental thing. Boredom, maybe? You need to figure out what your trigger is causing you to do this. I've been having my issues too. I'll get to 145 and then give myself leeway to cheat a little and the next thing I know, I've gained a few pounds. My counselor told me it was a mental issue and they couldn't fix that for me. Only I could. Sounds like you're in the same boat. Someway, we have to get past our mental blocks if we're going to succeed.

nwcgina
02-20-2012, 09:28 AM
brandie-we don't have any specific health issues in our family, but my kids definitely don't like to eat what I eat, and vice versa. Sometimes I do get frustsrated making several items for a meal, but I see it as a way of fixing for myself healthier food. I know what meals everyone will eat and when I need to make adjustments. If the family schedule calls for pancakes, I know I'm going to make something for myself. If I'm making buffalo chicken I know that I need to have some other option for the kids, usually something similar. Then most of the time we can eat the same sides (veggies, fruit, etc.) I was falling into trap of making healthy food for myself but not having it for my family. It's best to have some common parts to the meal and then for some meals have a few options.

faerychic
02-20-2012, 09:41 AM
nwcgina & bigdog: I think you are correct in that I just cannot have my "binge" foods in the house. I am the only one in my household with a weight problem so I felt it was unfair of me to tell them we are not going to have certain foods in the house any more, but I need to get over that!

I am on metabalance, but was given the new green menu on Saturday. My counselor did tell me that I can switch to metaslim for a week as a plateau breaker while on metabalance. It has taken me much longer than I thought it would to get to the half way mark so I am going to try to really focus on getting the next 16 pounds off.

faerychic
02-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I understand what you are going through. It's absolutely a mental thing. Boredom, maybe? You need to figure out what your trigger is causing you to do this. I've been having my issues too. I'll get to 145 and then give myself leeway to cheat a little and the next thing I know, I've gained a few pounds. My counselor told me it was a mental issue and they couldn't fix that for me. Only I could. Sounds like you're in the same boat. Someway, we have to get past our mental blocks if we're going to succeed.

My counselor has suggested I see a therapist. I actually have an issue with my oldest daughter that I am dealing with (or not dealing well with). Long story short, she informed me 3 days before Christmas that she has an eating disorder (started as a senior in high school, she is now 26) and was checking herself into rehab. She is still in rehab and currently not communicating with me and that makes me feel horrible.

How ironic is this...........my oldest daughter has an eating disorder and my youngest daughter is in school to be a registered dietician.

nwcgina
02-20-2012, 11:29 AM
faerychic-i think any adult over the age of 18 could probably benefit from counseling in some way. And since it seems like many in your family are dealing with eating issues, it may be really beneficial. They seem polar opposite, but overeating issues and the thought processes that surround anorexia and other eating disorders have a common link-as polar opposite as they sound.

So I spoke with my counselor re: the direction I want to go. Her advice was to stay on metabalance, but on my non-exercise days cut out the bar and do the HNS with the starch (or fruit, depending on which snack) instead. She really reiterated that the exercise was helping me mentally (as well as the frequency of meals). And that I needed to maintain it and the meal plan that would help me with it. She said to approach the next few weeks as if I was just starting (i.e. stay absolutely focused). So that's what I'm doing. As far as 150 v. 155...when I set my goal I remember bouncing between 145, 150, and 155. i think the big reason I want to be at 155 is just to be done and also since my mom is coming and we are going clothes shopping I'm ready to just rebuild the wardrobe. But that's a silly reason. i almost didn't start this whole process since I"m frugal and didn't want so spend the money on new clothes (even though I love new clothes). It was a silly reason then, it's a silly reason now:) So for now I'm keeping it at 150, staying on metabalance, cutting out the bars on all but my hard workout days, and refocusing. The more focused and consistent I get, the quicker I can be done.

bigdog
02-20-2012, 02:18 PM
nwcgina & bigdog: I think you are correct in that I just cannot have my "binge" foods in the house. I am the only one in my household with a weight problem so I felt it was unfair of me to tell them we are not going to have certain foods in the house any more, but I need to get over that!

I am on metabalance, but was given the new green menu on Saturday. My counselor did tell me that I can switch to metaslim for a week as a plateau breaker while on metabalance. It has taken me much longer than I thought it would to get to the half way mark so I am going to try to really focus on getting the next 16 pounds off.
This is really childish of me but when I put my DH's junk food in the pantry I smashed his stupid chips and Doritos. He keeps leaving his junk all over the counter where I have to look at it. I remember my weight watcher days where the ladies in my meetings were talking about their husbands or boyfriends tempting them w off plan foods and the leader reminded us that they are not forcing us to eat that stuff. Still it's easier when it's not there or in front of us. But I will be strong and remind myself that it's not worth it. Carbs r the dang devil. My DH has his junk food in the house but I keep it out of my sight and glad I really don't like chips or Doritos but I do like Oreos and he also told me he ordered a bunch of girl scout cookies. B@@@@@@!!!!!!!!and eats like 2 a day so they will be here forever. I will def have some MRC chocolate treats around when they come in to avoid the devil cookies. Lol

rachels77
02-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Faerychic - Thinking of you... It's so difficult when children don't communicate with their parents... but it IS a good thing that she's getting the help she needs. I, too, sabotage myself over the weekend. I think mine is more boredom and, when I'm super stressed, having an "oh, screw it" moment where I just eat a bite of something. Then, I feel bad...

NWCgina - Great idea about continuing the excerise. I agree that it just helps mentally... I'm doing elliptical and Zumba and I find that, when I miss a few days, I feel sluggish and not as happy and, for the first time in a llloooonnnnggg time, I actually miss the activity!

On my note, my 1.5 gain on Tuesday came off Saturday with a 4 pound loss! Yay, me! I feel really great about it and am trying to stay on track... but came down with Strep on Sunday, so we'll see how the antibiotics affect my weight loss - can anyone tell me if antibiotics affected their weight loss? Just curious...

Have a great week everyone!

rachels77
02-20-2012, 03:49 PM
This is really childish of me but when I put my DH's junk food in the pantry I smashed his stupid chips and Doritos. He keeps leaving his junk all over the counter where I have to look at it. I remember my weight watcher days where the ladies in my meetings were talking about their husbands or boyfriends tempting them w off plan foods and the leader reminded us that they are not forcing us to eat that stuff. Still it's easier when it's not there or in front of us. But I will be strong and remind myself that it's not worth it. Carbs r the dang devil. My DH has his junk food in the house but I keep it out of my sight and glad I really don't like chips or Doritos but I do like Oreos and he also told me he ordered a bunch of girl scout cookies. B@@@@@@!!!!!!!!and eats like 2 a day so they will be here forever. I will def have some MRC chocolate treats around when they come in to avoid the devil cookies. Lol

LOL, Big Dog - I hear you! My husband is fairly good about not bringing junk into the house, but on Valentine's Day, he tried to get me to eat some of his caramel hearts! Stinker! Maybe he can put them somewhere out of sight completely? Like a portion of his closet or something....

JenB72
02-20-2012, 04:02 PM
My counselor has suggested I see a therapist. I actually have an issue with my oldest daughter that I am dealing with (or not dealing well with). Long story short, she informed me 3 days before Christmas that she has an eating disorder (started as a senior in high school, she is now 26) and was checking herself into rehab. She is still in rehab and currently not communicating with me and that makes me feel horrible.

How ironic is this...........my oldest daughter has an eating disorder and my youngest daughter is in school to be a registered dietician.

Faerychic, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope that in time, your daughter's heart will soften and she begins to speak to you again. :hug:

Gina, we can all give you advice, but you need to do what makes you happy. You will know what weight is right for you. Whatever you decide, make sure you can live with it and never regret it. :)

Rachel, Congrats on your loss! I'm not sure if antibiotics affects weight loss, but don't let it derail you either. You need them to get better and if it does slow the loss down, just know it will come off when the course of meds is finished.

nwcgina
02-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Rachel-I don't know about antibiotics, but I know when I had a stomach blug earlier my progress slowed (maybe stopped for a few days?) Now I have some throat/head thing going on and my counselor said not to be surprised if I didn't lose until I was better even if I am fully OP. She said your body will focus on getting better first, worry about weight loss later. Just don't use it as an excuse to fall completely off the wagon. i'm using the day of decreased energy and movement to make sure I'm eating exactly OP...realizing I had fallen into a bit of snitching bites of random things here and there that WERE NOT helping. I feel better than I did this morning but forcing myself to not do much until I'm fully better. You take care of yourself too.

bigdog-I have 2 boxes of girl scout cookies coming...I'm putting them in the freezer. Then the day we run the Warrior Dash we celebrate by eating a whole box (I'd better be on maintenance then). Healthy? No. But with the calories we burn that day it will be okay...or so I tell myself:)

bigdog
02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
At least he ordered the thin mints. Lol

nwcgina
02-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Phew. The scale finally dropped. And i got to do it staying on metabalance. I did a few things in all my despair over the past few days deciding where I wanted to be, what I wanted to do...I went through and circled the meals that were even slightly off plan, that was an eye opener. Then recommitted to being 100% OP until I hit my goal with the same intensity and excitement as when I started. The other is I upped my water to 100 oz for a few days. I'm glad I decided to see it through, I don't think I'll regret it in the end.

Now just not to get overconfident and start cheating...

Oh, and this puts me at 30 lbs officially. Sweet.

bigdog
02-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Phew. The scale finally dropped. And i got to do it staying on metabalance. I did a few things in all my despair over the past few days deciding where I wanted to be, what I wanted to do...I went through and circled the meals that were even slightly off plan, that was an eye opener. Then recommitted to being 100% OP until I hit my goal with the same intensity and excitement as when I started. The other is I upped my water to 100 oz for a few days. I'm glad I decided to see it through, I don't think I'll regret it in the end.

Now just not to get overconfident and start cheating...

Oh, and this puts me at 30 lbs officially. Sweet.

Way to go!!!! woo hoo!!! i decided this weekend to reread all of my materials and also get back in the honeymoon stage...the scale was at 170.9 -this am it was at 170.0 - i'm writing every single thing down and making sure i get the 4 HNSs a day and more water!

a friend of mine asked me what i was doing to lose weight and i told her. she wants to lose 30 lbs. well then she starts cutting down everything i'm doing and said she is on a diet where she can eat whatever she wants, but no pasta or bread and only good fats. i wanted to say, so how is that working out for you? that's why i hate talking about what i'm doing. i should have just said, oh, just eating less and exercising more...when will i ever learn!!!? now everytime i see her she'll be making comments on what i'm eating. oh, well, i will make sure i'm wearing a new hot outfit in a smaller size at the next event. LOL!

patzi
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I had maintenance weigh in and gained 1/2 pound, putting me back at 5 pounds under goal and I will take that.. That is not bad, as I have been going out to the races last week and this week will be a big week of eat out time, but I did eat carefully, and I know it was salt, as I cannot get my rings off.. I have been on green menu in between races, so have to make sure I don't gain too much if any. Before weigh in I weighed in two pounds gain, but took 1 1/2 pounds off . When I have salt gain, I also get tummy bloat.

This is all planning... I take coolers to the race track it is after that everyone gets together for drinks and dinner.. I did have one drink at each meal. This Friday is a night race, so will have a shake for breakfast and lunch and eat out before race. I have a journal of what I will have to do.. This is difficult as I am working daily in between these races, but am not letting the diet rule me, as I am having fun and am full.

Worse challenge was a pizza place. I know I can have pizza on maintenance, but I cannot eat one piece, that will trigger me into big trouble, so I had them make me a Greek Salad and used oil and vinegar for a dressing and that was fine. Waitress was not cooperative, so asked for the owner or manager and he came out and said no problem, he would make what I desired so that worked out well. What a huge salad... Good, too.

Congrats to all those that lost weight.

Patzi

rachels77
02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Go, BigDog!

I love your way of thinking about the hot outfit!

I try not to tell others what I'm doing... it seems like they think it's easier with the supplements or they talk about how much it costs... I know it's cost a bit, but it's been worth every penny for me. The way I feel, how I look, and most importanly, how my attitude/outlook has changed! And, I just feel better just telling people I'm excerising and eating better - sometimes I feel dishonest for not telling the entire truth, but it's just easier than dealing with the comments or looks.

But, then again, I also got told that I was spending too much time away from my chidren because I have been doing Zumba and focusing more on my health. But, you know, my time with my kids is so much better now. I'm not tired, grumpy and I'm actively playing and engaging with them... Those things people say hurt, but they don't really know me or how much my life has improved... you know?

Fluffy in Florida
02-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Fortunately the only comments I get are about the cost. Everybody I have told really supports the program. What gets me frustrated at times is how much money I am putting into this and people want me to give them all the details and how to do it for free. At first I was so excited I started to do it but now it just frustrated the heck out of me people don't want to spend the money but they expect me to pay for the information with mine and tell them everything. Sorry for short rant. But we are all doing this for our health and we don't need the added stress others give about doing something about it. I hate hearing all the negativity some of you get from friends, family, or even your center. I wish you all good luck and the strenght to ignore the ignorant.

patzi
02-21-2012, 12:01 PM
rachels77 quoted..

I love your way of thinking about the hot outfit!

I try not to tell others what I'm doing... it seems like they think it's easier with the supplements or they talk about how much it costs... I know it's cost a bit, but it's been worth every penny for me. The way I feel, how I look, and most importanly, how my attitude/outlook has changed! And, I just feel better just telling people I'm excerising and eating better - sometimes I feel dishonest for not telling the entire truth, but it's just easier than dealing with the comments or looks.

But, then again, I also got told that I was spending too much time away from my chidren because I have been doing Zumba and focusing more on my health. But, you know, my time with my kids is so much better now. I'm not tired, grumpy and I'm actively playing and engaging with them... Those things people say hurt, but they don't really know me or how much my life has improved... you know?[/QUOTE]

Hi....

You are not dishonest, you are just using the option of not revealing everything that is probably no one's business unless you make it so.
You have made a choice for yourself and a good one, you have taken charge, are calm and for that go and bask in the light of serenity. You have earned it..

I can't imagine telling anyone that they are not spending enough time with their children. How do they know this? They do not.. I am so sorry you are feeling hurt, but over ride it, and take the responsibility of yourself, your family without orther peoples feeling. It is almost as they are in resentment , envy, maybe jealousy, who knows.. But you know what you are doing and that is the important part... Take care of yourself and you are doing great.

Patzi

nwcgina
02-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I hate when everyone puts their "should" on you...you SHOULD be eating different, you SHOULDN'T be spending so much money, you SHOULD spend more time with your kids...like all have said, you have to do what is good for you...and I'm with you, the time away from the kids and at the gym is worth everyone's sanity;) When people ask me how I'm losing I just say "oh, I'm eating healthier. Lots of veggies and lean proteins". I only truly give information that I'm doing MRC to those who ask and ask and ask. They assume b/c I like exercise I've done it through exercise when it's quite the opposite. I used to be someone who (usually just in my head) would cut down other people's diet plans...partly due to my medical background and some are just plain crazy. But if it works, who am I to judge. When i started this I rmember thinking "no carrots? Carrots won't make you fat" but I also decided not to question and to follow the plan exactly. So when people say "but you should be able to have little snacks"...I let it go in one ear and out the other...it never worked for me before (and for most people, it doesn't work for them either, they just want it to).

JenB72
02-21-2012, 01:37 PM
I totally understand what everyone is saying about dealing with people's comments and negativity. Just recently my mom started going, "Don't get too crazy with it." She knows what I've been through, so for her to say that makes no sense to me.

That's why I LOVE this board!!! You ladies understand what I'm going through because you're going through the same thing. Whereas others may not "get it", you do. Thank you for all your feedback!

As for my day, I had to go to the doctor this morning. I have a nice little sinus infection. :rolleyes: Tonsils are swollen (the right is worse than the left), both ears are plugged and infected, nose is plugged, sore throat. Yup, tons of fun. So now I'm on antibiotics for the next 5 days. Dang allergies! Now, despite how bad I feel, I need to stay strong and stay on plan. God, give me strength.

LeoTheLioness
02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Power to the MRC peeps on the board! I read most all the posts and these most recent ones are so ON POINT! To h.e.l.l. with what others have to say about this or that or YOUR "lifestyle change." It's about YOU, not them! People ALWAYS want to comment on this or that. Keeping your weight loss & "lifestyle change" response general when people inquire is the BEST strategy!

Thanks to Bigdog & JenB for their words of wisdom and encouragement a few pages back. I agree with everything you guys said. This isn't my first time around the block with this journey and I know that mentally, I was screwed up! :rollpin: LOL!

After a somewhat "naughty" weekend, I'm happy to report I'm back on track & committed to following the plan 100%. I'm doing "MetaQuick" this week and back to drinking a gallon of water per day to hopefully undue the damages (man, it sure was good :D)! The scale will tell the tale on Friday!

LeoTheLioness
02-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I totally understand what everyone is saying about dealing with people's comments and negativity. Just recently my mom started going, "Don't get too crazy with it." She knows what I've been through, so for her to say that makes no sense to me.

That's why I LOVE this board!!! You ladies understand what I'm going through because you're going through the same thing. Whereas others may not "get it", you do. Thank you for all your feedback!

As for my day, I had to go to the doctor this morning. I have a nice little sinus infection. :rolleyes: Tonsils are swollen (the right is worse than the left), both ears are plugged and infected, nose is plugged, sore throat. Yup, tons of fun. So now I'm on antibiotics for the next 5 days. Dang allergies! Now, despite how bad I feel, I need to stay strong and stay on plan. God, give me strength.

Again, THANK YOU, JEN!

You are SO CLOSE - hang in there & I hope you feel better soon!

Sending you strength and a big fat :hug:.

rachels77
02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Jen, Gina, Patzi, Leo, Fluffy - Thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement... it means alot to hear from others who have "been there". I appreciate all you have posted and your awesome advice and "real-ness".

You're right ... it is about me and they truly don't know. My children seem soooo much happier since I started the program. We laugh and dance and play Wii and sometimes go to Zumba together. They are happy and I only hope that I'm setting a good example for them as they get older...

Thanks so much guys!

Jen - Sorry you're not feeling well! I hope I can stay on track also with these antibiotics (strep- ick).

JenB72
02-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks, Ladies! I decided the last thing I want to deal with is deciding at each meal what to eat when I feel so bad, so I went ahead and planned it all out through Friday. Also, to make matters more challenging is that I'm a practicing Catholic who can't have meat on Fridays during Lent and I have a fish-phobia. So, I'm gonna have a talk with my counselors to see what my options are for Fridays. I'm hoping they're ok with my plan to do Cheese for Breakfast & Meta-Quick for lunch & dinner. It's only for 6 Fridays, so I don't think it should be a problem.

Fluffy in Florida
02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Jen, can you add in some eggs or nuts for some extra (different) protein?

JenB72
02-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Jen, can you add in some eggs or nuts for some extra (different) protein?

I could but I don't like eggs either. I know...I'm weird. LOL ;)