Fitness Videos - 30 Day Shred February

View Full Version : 30 Day Shred February

lots2go
02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Anyone else starting it today? I am, I'd love to chat with those of you who are...

KaeBae
02-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm starting today too! I'm about to do mine in 15-20.

Lambiechop
02-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Starting today, February 2. I've lost almost 70 lbs without exercise and figure it's time I start adding it.

lots2go
02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Starting today, February 2. I've lost almost 70 lbs without exercise and figure it's time I start adding it.

WOW :cp: how did you do it???

I'm so excited that the 2 of you are joining me :) I do my workout in the morning...I have to get kids ready for school and all that jazz so I don't have time in the evening....I was a little sore, not too bad, but a little in my arms....finished day 2 today, it felt good, I'm excited to see how the rest of the month goes!!

Have a great day :)

getinspired
02-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I started yesterday on the 2nd.

I really felt it today!

Calorie counting and 30 Day Shred will hopefully show some progress!

Did anyone take before pictures?
I took some and my weight so I can compare.

littlebumblebee
02-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi

I am starting level 1 tomorrow.
I have a lot of weight to lose.

Candeka
02-05-2012, 11:10 PM
I did it off and on throughout January. I'll start again this month, but I am also mixing it in with Ripped in 30 and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I don't want to get bored! Good luck!

getinspired
02-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I missed 30 DS yesterday, but started back today, so this is technically day 4 for me on Level 1.

I really felt the burn today in my Thighs. I wanted to quit, but I focused on what the future me will look like.

On the bright side, I dropped from 209 to 207.2 over the past few days using 30 DS and calorie counting.

lots2go
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
I skipped Saturday and Sunday, today I started Level 2. The hardest part for me is the arms like the lateral raises...geez, that kills me! lol

I started low carb today, and so far so good....we'll see how I do tomorrow...I need one more 32 oz jug of water, I've had one, so I'll finish all my water for the day. Hope everyone is doing great. I didn't take pictures, but I did record my weight...I should measure arms hips thighs and stuff...that would be interesting to see...

Good job getinspired on the 2lb loss!! That's great encouragement!

lots2go
02-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, how's it going?
I am on day 3 of low carb...i'm doing it, haven't cheated yet! I did have some nuts that had sesame sticks in them, that may have been cheating, but just a handful and they were mixed with the nuts. so i think i'm ok.

I didn't get to do my workout this morning, my dd was sleeping on the couch in the living room, so I didn't want to wake her, plus I was EXHAUSTED I heard the alarm, shut it off asked my dh if she was still on the couch and rolled over and was out like a light! I'll be up at at em early tomorrow though!

It's cold and rainy here in Oklahoma, wish I could curl up w/ a book and a blanket and a big bowl of yummy soup with crackers...but instead i'm at work, and had a salad.....

hope to hear from you!!

HealthyMeWannabe
02-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I decided to pick the 30 Day Shred back up. Last time I tried it I made it 5 days before stopping. Let's see if I can make it for a full 30 this time!

I just completed Day 1 Level 1. I forgot how bad that cardio part kicks my butt!!!!! Jumping jacks and me....not a fun combination. My 3 year old was watching me the whole time I was working out. After the 20 minutes were done and I turned off the DVD she says, "Let's do it again Mommy!" :eek:

getinspired
02-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Yay for everyone continuing!!!

I started level 2 today. Kicked my butt!
I felt super out of shape with level 2 compared to level 1.

I hope to make it through! So far I have only missed 1 day!
And I have dropped 4.2 pounds since Feb 2nd, when I started 30 Day Shred.

Keep it up everyone!

HealthyMeWannabe
02-13-2012, 01:00 PM
getinspired, great job so far! :cheer:

Oh boy, I forgot how SORE I was the first day after starting this thing the last time. My arms ache in places that I forgot existed! :lol: Tonight I'll get through it again though!

lots2go
02-13-2012, 04:56 PM
I"m so disgusted with myself! I did 4 full days of low carb, on Friday I had chips at lunch and then on Saturday cheated all day (it was dd's 5th birthday party)....and I pulled a muscle in my upper back on Thursday so I haven't done my video in a week....guess its time to start that all over again :( Now i've got a cold and am CRANKY lol...

i'm so sick of dieting..i think i'm going to just quit and "watch what i eat"...seriously, I started monday last week at 194 and then Thursday was 192, then today 198....one day, really?? one day of cheating.....geez....

HealthyMeWannabe
02-13-2012, 10:40 PM
lots2go - You can do it girl! I picked up the video again after not having done it in over a year. Just go ahead and start that first day over. I know you can get back into it! :)

I just completed Day 2 Level 1. Boy was I sore today after having done this video yesterday! I think there were muscles that don't normally get used aching! :lol: But honestly, I did a better job tonight getting through the cardio segments. That's the hardest part for me, especially those dang jumping jacks!

kateleestar
02-14-2012, 11:11 AM
You guys want one more? I plan to start this tonight. :D

I did it 75lbs ago, and lost about 12lbs doing it.. I'm hoping it will help me tone and gain some muscle this time!

:) I gotta go home and find it, lol, and then I'll start tonight! I'm also gonna take pics and compare day 1, day 15 & then day 30. :crossed: that this does wonders for me again!

SW: 199
GW: 190

HealthyMeWannabe
02-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome kateleestar! :cheer: Can't wait to see you kick some butt with the 30 Day Shred!

kateleestar
02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks Healthy! :)

I'm hoping it wasn't one of the ones I loaned out, lol... Now I'm all jazzed to start it again and with my luck, it'll be gone! Ha. If so, amazon.com here I come! ;)

lots2go
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
So glad you joined us kateleestar!! You're doing a great job, 80 lbs! wow :)

Thanks Healthy....I know, I'm going to get started in the morning...

kateleestar
02-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Okay, lol, I didn't do it last night because it WAS one of the DVD's I loaned out to help my cousin get healthy, and she can keep it.. I ordered it on amazon and had it shipped overnight so I'll have it today to start!

SO, again, day one:

SW: 199.0
GW: 189

If it takes me 45 days like it did last time, thats cool too... but my goal is to have it done by 3/17, which is St. Patty's Day, and pretty big around these parts, lol... I'll be seeing people I haven't seen since I was like, 30/35 down. YEY! :crossed: Prayers needed! LOL.

:)

Have a good shred everyone!!

kateleestar
02-15-2012, 09:12 AM
So glad you joined us kateleestar!! You're doing a great job, 80 lbs! wow :)

Thanks Lots! It's been a looooong year and a 1/2, lol. :)

HealthyMeWannabe
02-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Last night my husband and I fell asleep on the couch after eating the tasty(and rather unhealthy) Valentine's Day dinner. I only went over my calories by 200 so that's not too bad overall. We woke up at midnight and went to bed and I completely forgot to do my 30 Day Shred! :eek: I haven't fallen asleep on the couch in a long time.

Tonight I am on a mission to do Day 3 and Day 4 (both Level 1) in one night. Wish me luck!!!!!

kateleestar
02-15-2012, 01:34 PM
God speed, healthy... lol.

HealthyMeWannabe
02-16-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks kateleestar! :lol: I made it through Day 3 Level 1 and started on Day 4 but couldn't make it all the way through even the first circuit of strength! Oh well. Day 4 tonight!

kateleestar
02-16-2012, 07:47 AM
I did D1 last night. I don't feel nearly as sore when I did it at my start.. kinda cool to feel that I've actually changed instead of just seeing it! :)

And good job on the attempt of another round yesterday. Better to just use that as a rest day, you know? Don't injur yourself to "keep up"... kwim?

Stats:

SW: 199.2
CW: 198.2
GW: 189

Have a good shred today everyone! :D

HealthyMeWannabe
02-16-2012, 07:58 PM
I agree. And congrats to you on not being as sore now as when you started last time! :cheer: That's awesome!

I'm about to go do Day 4 Level 1. I admit, knowing that I'm halfway to Level 2 I am curious about it but nervous at the same time. I mean, I can't even make it through all of the cardio without taking a short break to catch my breath. I am hoping by the time I reach Day 11 when I start Level 2 that my endurance during that part will be stronger.

HealthyMeWannabe
02-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Day 4 Level 1 completed! :cheer: I am proud that I have done so well so far!

I also did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD after I finished today's round of the 3 Day Shred. I did the warm up, level 1, and cool down. It was a lot easier than the 30 Day Shred. I definitely don't feel like I had as good of a workout from it. Is that because I am getting stronger or because Jillian's tougher than Bob? ;)

sheramama
02-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Hey guys...I have been doing 30 Day Shred for well over 30 days (3-4x a week for the last 3 months minus injury time and 3 rounds of getting sick). I average a level a month. I start doing it the easiest way and do not progress to the next level until I am working it like Natalie the holy crap expert. Right now, I've been doing level 3 (I'm on the 5th time).

Shred is by far my fav work out dvd. My body has changed so much since I started it...I dropped 2 sizes and have crazy muscles and endurance that I didn't have using other work outs. I even got a good friend of mine to come over and work out with me...and now she is addicted too.

kateleestar
02-17-2012, 07:42 AM
Morning all! A wee little bit sore today, but that's good. Nothing crazy, though. WI today was 198.4, so I'm good on that. I already know where I'm eating tonight and tomorrow (we go out to dinner on the weekend, as I make dinner M, T, W, Th..). Tonight is a local mexican place, and the only thing that will get me is sodium, not calories. Then tomorrow is a friends birthday and I've already looked at the menu online and determined what I would get. I will shred all 3 days this weekend, too. Hoping my muscles get more used to it! :)

Good job, Healthy! I also did another DVD after the shred the other night and found that I was either more warmed up or something, cause it was easier than I was expecting. LOL. Maybe its mental! :)

HealthyMeWannabe
02-18-2012, 08:18 AM
sheramama - Thanks so much for sharing! :) It's awesome to know that you have done so well with it! That gives me hope that someday I'll be working it like Natalie too. That girl's got some wicked strength and endurance!

kateleestar - Maybe it is. LOL! But the other DVD sure was easier after a round of Jillian! :lol: I didn't do Day 5 last night. Honestly I didn't do anything for my health last night. I ate the wrong stuff and was lazy. It's been my first real "cheat day" since I started this a month ago so that's not too bad over all. Back to the program day for me! Day 5 Level 1 today sometime too!

HealthyMeWannabe
02-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Day 5 Level 1 completed.

Also decided to give level 2 a whirl this afternoon. Oh. My. GOD!!!!! May I die now? But... Day 6 Level 2 completed as well! And I thought the cardio was tough in Level 1!

HealthyMeWannabe
02-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Day 7 Level 1 completed! I am most definitely getting stronger! I also went out and bought some 5 lb. hand weights to replace my salt containers that I've been using for this. Boy do they make a difference!

kateleestar
02-20-2012, 08:13 AM
I will do L1D6 today. I did notice yesterday that the squats are easier, so that's good. I don't follow Anita for the "easy" workout, but I'm not near Natalie either. I think I'm going to keep going at my mid-level-hardness-way and then if I do it again, I'll follow Natalie. :)

TOM has started. I'm on Seasonique, so it's... weird.. but only happens every 3 months, so I'm okay with it. :crossed: that it passes quickly. I'm water-weighted back up to 199, but thats okay, because I was worried I'd be at 200+ with it, LOL.

And I've been using 5lb weights, and they are no longer offering me any resistance, so I think I need to stop and get some 8lbs and 10lbs, so I'm ready! :carrot:

:D

essbee
02-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Ok, I caved (and spent yet more money I shouldn't have) and got the DVD and some 3lb weights. I will be starting tomorrow morning. I'm excited, but also somewhat nervous. I'm so out of shape. Hah.

lots2go
02-20-2012, 06:52 PM
well, I started over today, it wasn't as bad as I expected. I use 5lb weights too, it's all i can find, i have some 3s but i can't find them....those side squats with lateral raises just about kill me every time!! whew!! but i'm good, i stayed within my calories today, i think. i did really well until dinner and i ordered pizza o_O oops!!

essbee
02-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Man, you guys are making me want to take the 3lb weights back and just shoot for the 5lb ones! Way to go ladies!

@lots2go - You wouldn't happen to have gotten Mazzio's, would you? Ugh. I love that place way too much. Born and raised in Tulsa, but in OKC now by the way.

HealthyMeWannabe
02-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Day 8 Level 1 done!

Oh Lord...I just realized that I have 2 days left and then I move on to Level 2. :eek:

thinkfit
02-21-2012, 02:07 AM
I think I'm going to start this tomorrow! I had planned to do the Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start, but so many people here vouch for the 30 Day Shred that I figure it can't hurt to give it a try first! :lifter: haha

essbee
02-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Ugh. So I totally didn't get up this morning to do it. :( Before I got a gym membership and started working out after work, I was getting up anywhere from 4-4:30 to walk on the treadmill. This morning? Yeah, I couldn't get myself up at a measly 5:30! I'll check back in here when and if I ever get going on this... Hopefully it will still be February. lol

kateleestar
02-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Lol, Ess. Just start, you'll do fine!! :D

And Miss, 30DS was the first DVD I did at 279... and I'm not starting it again till 198, so... lol, that's how hard it was then. BUT, this time, after doing it for 6 days, I've already noticed results... as opposed to the first time when I could NOT WALK the next day, :lol:...

And L1D7 will be tonight. Still on TOM, but that's wrapping up, so it wont completely wipe me out like it did last night. I literally sad down at the end and just sat there like a lump, lol.. I hate TOM. Boohiss!!

Have a good day everyone and keep shredding!! :D

Sparx
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi everyone, can I jump into this thread, I started the 30 day shred today, it killed me and I felt like throwing up at the end! I will do this though :D:carrot:

thinkfit
02-21-2012, 03:19 PM
kateleestar: It's definitely not an easy one! I got through about ten minutes before my computer turned off, but man was I breathing hard haha.

My laptop stopped working yesterday, so I had to use my sister's old one, and when I just took it out to do this DVD, the computer wouldn't tolerate the cold and it shut down. I can't really jump around inside, so until I figure something else out, I don't think I can do any DVD workouts for a while :(

essbee
02-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Holy wow! Ok, so I'm not sure if I can say that I actually did this, but I certainly attempted it! I think I did maybe about 15 minutes of it. Guess 3/4 isn't horrible, but when it's only 20 minutes well... I'm so out of shape that the jumping jacks alone kill me. :( I will say that I'm pleasantly surprised that my knees didn't act up!

By the way, does anyone know if it's less effective if you do it every other day? I was thinking of alternating days that I don't go to the gym if I'm unsuccessful in getting up early again, haha!

essbee
02-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Got up early to do it this morning! I really don't think I saw a difference in difficulty yet. As I mentioned above about the jumping jacks, I think I've come to the conclusion that the cardio itself is what kills me. I mean the strength training and abs are tough too, but I just can't keep going for the full thirty seconds on the jumping jacks and jump rope. I probably don't kick high enough for the butt kicks either, but I can at least halfway do that. With the jump rope I kind of jog in place while doing the jump rope motions. And then by the time you get to the bicycle ab workout, I'm too breathless to do much there. Ugh. I know it was only my second workout, but man I really hope it gets easier. I seriously feel like crying when I can't make it all the way through the cardio.

Also, I feel silly for asking because I think it's normal, but do any of you experience cramping/charlie horses in your arms? I showered immediately after doing it and my right arm was giving me trouble when I was shampooing my hair.

Sparx
02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Day 2 level 1, I hurt all over but I will do this :D

kateleestar
02-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Ess, I don't do the jumping jacks. Even with a sports bra, my boobs are all up in my face. I usually jog and then throw in a little HIIT jogging as fast as i can in place, and then jog again, until they have moved away from jumping jacks. Its the one thing I hate with a firey passion and won't do, lol..

I'm finishin up TOM, and still never blipped back over into the 200's, so that is pretty darn cool. I did not do any shred last night, I thought I might die, lol, when I got home from work. I totally had an oreo and layed down. I feel better today, though, so I'll pick back up where I left off. L1D7 is tonight! I can so do squats without killing myself now! :lol:

Keep going shredders! WE GOT THIS!!!!! :carrot:

lots2go
02-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Man, you guys are making me want to take the 3lb weights back and just shoot for the 5lb ones! Way to go ladies!

@lots2go - You wouldn't happen to have gotten Mazzio's, would you? Ugh. I love that place way too much. Born and raised in Tulsa, but in OKC now by the way.

No, actually it was Papa John's...only because i had a coupon for free large pizza and 2 liter of soda. I did get diet though, and ate 3 slices. I wanted more, but didn't do it. :) I love mazzios too!!! Love their crust!

Welcome to the newbies :) So glad you joined us!! This workout is NO JOKE but, it feels great to do it! I did boot camp for awhile with a friend and she kicked my tail, this is very similar to it.

I did day 3 of level 1 this morning, I'm thinking I might start doing yoga at night after the kids go to bed on the wii. I need to get more flexible, and I think it'll help me relax. I'm still going over my calories, by about 300 every day it seems like. But I made a promise to myself in the shower this morning. I'm going to lose 10lbs by March 21. So I better start watching myself! I know i can do it...I just have to now.....

Hope you all have a happy hump day!! It's supposed to be in the 70s today in Oklahoma!! I can't believe it, it sure doesn't feel like Feb.!

essbee
02-22-2012, 08:06 PM
@kateleestar - Sometimes I'm relieved I don't have much in the bust department, but other times... lol I hope to eventually work up to doing all the jumping jacks, but man my legs start burning. Of course I did fine doing them in the pool today even though my thighs are super sore. The power of water. Hah!

I remember playing The Biggest Loser for the Wii where there was a challenge where you do squats. Well it was right after I started getting active and I was doing it and I was all, "Oh this is easy!" As soon as I stopped I was in agony. Oh, man. But! Even though I haven't done too much squatting since (about 4 weeks ago) it's not absolutely horrible with the 30DS!

@lots2go - Ohhhh! Papa John's is awesome and I have the Papa Points for a free one... GUH. Must...not...give in... lol Good thing I was eating my tiny (but oddly satisfying) dinner while replying. I personally love Mazzio's sauce! Mmm. So good. I don't know what I'd do if I lived outside of Oklahoma. Never mind that I haven't had Mazzio's in over a month.

Man, it was awesome today!! I was unfortunately only able to get out on my lunch break for about 15 minutes, but it was beautiful. I drove with the windows down on the way to the gym and then when I left, it was dark and starting to get a little cooler though not too bad!

As for those 300 calories, if you want 'em, you gotta work for 'em! ;) Power walk for a couple of miles. I want to say that's pretty close to 300 calories burned. Or do the yoga! I'm not sure how many calories that burns, but I'm sure you can do it!

I'm planning on L1D3 tomorrow morning... We'll see how it goes! It's not so much a matter of doing it for me as it is getting up earlier than usual. Ugh, I love my sleep time!

HealthyMeWannabe
02-22-2012, 08:56 PM
lots2go - I just got a Wii Fit this past weekend and I love it! My favorite activity on there right now is the Free Run. That sounds so weird because all my life I've hated running, but I can do this!

I need to knock out Day 8 Level 1 of 30 Day Shred tonight. But I feel so lazy and want to go get in the bathtub with a book. :rolleyes: I can't slack though!

kateleestar
02-23-2012, 08:22 AM
I didn't have time last night to shred! UGH, I know, lol, I know. I was up at 5 for work, and came home and had to make 2 different cupcake orders for my side business... I was TIRED when I was done around 10pm. LOL. It just wasnt happening last night...

So tonight will be L1D7. :carrot:

:)

lots2go
02-23-2012, 08:46 AM
I didn't get to do day 4 today :( My sports bra was in the dryer.....and i couldn't find the other at 5am....maybe i didn't look hard enough lol tomorrow though....eating healthy today, oatmeal for breakfast and subway for lunch. not sure about dinner yet...
have a great day! It's supposed to be in the 60s today here, we'll enjoy it!

Sparx
02-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Day 3 done, still hurting :carrot:

essbee
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Day 3 done as well! I wonder if/when it will get easier and yet I find that I got all the way through the strength training today and I kept moving for cardio. That counts, right? lol I can't do the jumping jacks or jump rope, but I jog in place and keep moving. Isn't the main point to get your heart rate up and keep it up? I hope so anyway... But man! I cannot do the bicycle crunches to save my life! :( Today I gave up trying, but instead of just laying there, I did regular crunches half the time and reverse ones the other half. Modifying the crunches for the win. Hah!

Does anyone know if anything is affected if you alternate doing it in the morning and doing it in the evening? I am having such a hard time getting myself up early, it's ridiculous! But, I did come home right after work and get to work!

Sparx
02-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Day 4 level 1 done, I'm not as sore today, but its still hurting me :carrot:

kateleestar
02-24-2012, 09:12 AM
L1D7, CHECK! :lol:

D8 is tonight. It is way easier. It's so cool to know that my body can still change... I like that after only a week or so, things that hurt on day 1, don't hurt me now. It might suck in the moment, but the next morning I'm not sore... well, AS sore, haha.

I was thinking last night, I also have the Ripped in 30. I might start adding that in maybe 2 times a week to change things up. Like, do 30DS on M, W, F, Sun and do RI30 on T, Th and then do an easy DVD like walk away the lbs on Sunday, as my "rest" day. Hhm. Thoughts?

Thanks! And: Yey! Keep shredding everyone!!

umimar
02-24-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi everybody, I am new to 3FC. I am did day 4, level 1 (modified version) and even if it went a little bit better, it's still pretty hard for me, especially the last strenght rotation :P I am trying to keep myself motivated by checking this website, and it seems to be helping so far :)

Also, can anybody tell me how do I attach my ticker?
Thanks ;)

lots2go
02-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Hi everybody, I am new to 3FC. I am did day 4, level 1 (modified version) and even if it went a little bit better, it's still pretty hard for me, especially the last strenght rotation :P I am trying to keep myself motivated by checking this website, and it seems to be helping so far :)

Also, can anybody tell me how do I attach my ticker?
Thanks ;)

welcome! Glad you're here!! To add your ticker you go up to "user cp" click on edit signature. and after you create your ticker you take that long address thing and put it there. Does that make sense?? I hope so lol...

I fell off the wagon AGAIN....geez, i can't seem to get past day 3, not sure what my problem is. guess i'll start over again, i've got to get this under control! i'm so frustrated and so sick of myself and all my stupid excuses...if i wanted this bad enough i'd find a way to do it, and get thru....

essbee
02-25-2012, 09:24 AM
@umimar - you're not eligible for a signature until you hit 20 posts and I think 20 days? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm personally still waiting for 20 days. Still can't see the "edit signature" link. :/

@lots2go - I'm right there with you. Yesterday would have been day 4, buuut... I almost went on a binge instead. I haven't been eating enough the past couple of days because I haven't really been hungry and then yesterday I was at 488 calories from lunch at 1 until around 8:30ish last night. I was out running errands and had the restaurant not had a 45-65 minute wait (bless you busy Friday nights), I would have totally splurged. Needless to say, I came home and ate properly...ish. lol I still went off the specific diet I'm on, but stayed right at My Fitness Pal's recommended 1280 calories. Anyway, long story short this past week has been TOM for me and I've been moody and depressed and unmotivated to workout at all. I went to the gym twice and did the 30DS three times. I'm not giving up though! I just probably won't do it daily and I'm not sure when I'll move to the next level or switch it up weekly as mentioned in the article below.

I wanted to share this with all of you because it was something I found interesting while looking at reviews and results from the 30DS. How to Lose Weight Using the 30 Day Shred (http://www.livestrong.com/article/418867-how-to-lose-weight-using-the-30-day-shred/) -- Most of what I've been reading showed that most people didn't lose weight or not much anyway, but lost inches. While I want inches lost too, my primary goal right now is the weight loss. This article is interesting IMO and it honestly makes more sense because everything I've read about weight training says to give your muscles a day of rest between them. So... I think I'm going to shoot for doing the 30DS every other day.

Sparx
02-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Level 1 day 5 done!! I'm still finding the strength tough but the cardio and abs are getting more bearable :D

umimar
02-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Day 5LV1 done here. I agree, cardio and abs are a bit more manageable, but part 3 strength is still too much for me, no upper body strength here. Oh well, at least I did it, and hopefully as days progress, I'll be able to do it.

Sparx
02-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Good work unimar we can do this :D

umimar
02-25-2012, 05:06 PM
Sparx, I am trying! :) And I think knowing that I'm not alone helps a lot. I was telling my husband that every morning I check this forum and when one of you guys post saying you did another day I say, "damn it! I gotta do it too!" ;) So it's a good motivator.

Sparx
02-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Level 1 day 6 just done, I wish I had the energy of this dancing carrot :carrot:

umimar
02-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Level 1 day 6 done too (still huffing and puffing every now and then). Good job, Sparx! You have become my exercise buddy ;) How is the rest doing?

Sparx
02-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Good work umimar!!! I got it out of the way as soon as I got up today , soooo good to have you here for support :D

umimar
02-26-2012, 01:20 PM
same here!

Sparx
02-27-2012, 05:58 AM
Level 1 day 7 done :carrot:

kateleestar
02-27-2012, 07:48 AM
L1D10, the last day, is tonight! I'm doing 30DS on M, W & F and then doing the Ripped in 30 on T & Th, Saturday is DVD of my choosing and Sunday is rest or a Walk Away The Pounds DVD. :)

It's working well! I'm down to 196, as of Saturday. Then, of course, I was up wayyyyy too late on Saturday night so my body revolted, as it tends to do, so I was up to 198 yesterday and today. But it's just water weight from not sleeping as much as I should, and it'll be back down. :)

SO, YEY 196! :carrot:

Have a good shred everyone!!

umimar
02-27-2012, 09:37 PM
L1D6 done here :)

kateleestar
02-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Doing RI30, L1D3 tonight. Tomorrow will be my L2D1 on 30DS, and I hope I make it, LOL. RI30 makes me more sore than 30DS, lol.

Keep shredding everyone!

Sparx
02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Nice work katie!! Excellent umimar :D well level 1 day 8 complete :carrot:

umimar
02-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I took a break today, co-workers dinner. Tomorrow will be another day ;)

Sparx
02-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Level 1 day 9 done :carrot:

kateleestar
02-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh, boy.. does Ripped In 30 make me way more sore than 30DS, LOL. Owie.

Tonight is L2D1 of DS, wish me luck. I stepped on a dog toy yesterday morning, and I've developed a nice bruise on the bottom of my foot. It hurts to walk, but not to do a DVD in front of the TV, so I shall keep on. :lol:

Sparx
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi katie well done! I'm gonna try the ripped in 30 after I have completed 30DS, let us know how level 2 is, I will be at level 2 friday and not really looking forward to it :dizzy:

kateleestar
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
LOL, me either Sparx... I think last time I did this I liked L2 more than L1. I will listen to JM tonight, but I'll likely mute her next time. I don't like the whole 'hey buddy!' of her personality, lol...

I want to get WAY farther away from 200.. I want to be just overweight! LOL.

lots2go
02-29-2012, 02:27 PM
You guys are doing great!!! I did level 1 again today, only the 2nd day this week. I'm doing a lot better at watching my calorie intake though. so i may move on in march to level 2...idk yet...

umimar
02-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello! I did L1D8 today. I got my HRM and from the beginning of the warm up to the end of the stretches I burned 226 calories (191lb. 5'7") in case anybody was wondering how many calories you can burn. It is intense!!!!

And as you ladies, I am not looking forward to L2! but it will happen!
Have a good workout, everybody!

Sparx
03-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi level 1 day 10 done, do we need to start a new thread for March?? :carrot:

umimar
03-01-2012, 07:04 PM
that would be good, Sparx. About to start my daily routine :)

novangel
03-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm on day 8 or 9 with no sign of level 2 in sight. Lol This DVD is really brutal.

yhahmd
03-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Well, guys, I'm back. Again. I don't recall how far I got in the work out last time. Probably not past day 4. But I'm bored, unemployed, a little depressed, and could definitely stand to get my *** up and move. I bought the DVD last year and it's just been sitting there. I figured, why not?

I remember how hard it was, so I'm getting to bed EARLY tonight, making my breakfast tonight, and I'm waking up with my game face on tomorrow.

I decided that I'm really going to try and do it every day, after all 20 minutes isn't that long, but if I CAN'T, I'll just do some other type of exercise, so long as I'm not sitting on my *** again.

I'll be back tomorrow! (or on the March thread, if there is one lol)

umimar
03-01-2012, 09:28 PM
L1D9 done. Tomorrow will be my day 10!! :S
Yhahmd, hang in there, you can do it! If you can't every day, start with every other day and build it up until you can more often. If you can't, every other day is better than nothing! or, as you said, find something else to do! I am also doing the Walk Away the Pounds, the important thing is to stay active! Don't give up!!!!

yhahmd
03-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Great job@umimar!

How are you also doing walk away the pounds?! lol are you doing the 30DS every other day or something? That just seems like it would be waaaay too hard

novangel
03-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Any oldies to The 30DS have any idea about how long it took you to get to level 2? I feel like my endurance is building so slow that I will never get to level 2. :?:

umimar
03-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I am committed to get rid of this blubber surrounding me!!! so I first do the Walk Away the Pounds 5 mile fat burning walk, and then I do the 30DS. It was really intense and hard to do in the beginning. Now it's "only" intense ;) It is amazing to see how quick your body adapts (to the good and bad things ;) ) but it picks up pretty fast. If you haven't exercised in a while, I would suggest doing it little by little. Maybe walk 1 mile and day for the first week and increase it as you feel more comfortable.

umimar
03-01-2012, 09:48 PM
novangel, I did L1D9 today, I am supposed to do D10 tomorrow and them move to L2, I will give L2 a test, but if it feels like to much, I have no problem going back to L1, I think, at least to me, it's to burn calories and stay active, rather than obsessing with her recommendation of 10 days per level. I guess it all depends on how fit (or not) you are. I assume, the more constant you are, the easier it will get, but again, I listen to my body, and if it says no way, "mind over matter" won't work for me ;)

yhahmd
03-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm gonna have to save the walking for when it's a little warmer out. I have some annoying condition that makes being out in the cold super painful. Plus, once it's summer, I can swim! Unless we have a really cold summer again :(

So tomorrow I start 30DS. I'm pretty excited. I made my breakfast already, cleared my floor, set my work out clothes out, and have a water bottle ready. I have no excuse not to exercise tomorrow.

I just hope I don't drop dead LOL.

umimar
03-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Question, how did you add the ticker factory tracker to your posts? I created one, but I don't know where to attach it.

yhahmd
03-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Question, how did you add the ticker factory tracker to your posts? I created one, but I don't know where to attach it.

You get the link from where you created it, and copy paste it into your signature which is under User CP.

umimar
03-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Oh! I read i have to be a member for at last 20 days, I guess I have to patient ;)
And btw, the walking is at home! it's a DVD by Leslie Sansone, check it out on youtube or amazon, they have samples. You don't have to walk outside. It's a good workout.

yhahmd
03-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Oh yeah? I'll go youtube it now! Thanks :D

I forgot about the waiting period, sorry!

kateleestar
03-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Popping in. First, I love Walk Away The Pounds!! Second, I totally have some killer DOMS going on right now, no shredding for me, lol. This is what I get for going up and down a flight of stairs about 75 times the other night. UGH. :lol:

I shall shred again, soon... ;)

yhahmd
03-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Haha...Well, for some reason the DVD won't play in my computer, and I don't own a DVD player. I actually still have the big *** 90s tvs and a VCR. I feel like a failure right now.

Until I can figure out WTF is wrong, I'm going to pick up WATP (just tried it 5 min ago and LOVED IT!) and move into the WATP march thread. Sorry everyone. Maybe sometime later.