Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/1/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 2/1/12

wuv2bloved
02-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

NavyMommy
02-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Good morning!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! Super busy day over here today, but I am getting my veggies and lunch bar (and water bottle) all packed so I have no excuses. Feeling really well recently, heading to the doctor today for some labwork for my thyroid. I wonder if losing weight will have anything to do with a med dosage change. Any experience?

I wish it was the same doctor I saw last summer. I was read the riot act about losing weight then, I bet this new guy won't even look back far enough in my chart to see I've lost 30lbs. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

NavyMommy
02-01-2012, 08:23 AM
I haven't enrolled anywhere yet. Going to dr tomorrow to get her approval to start IP. I was looking into Ideal to Go but didn't know it is only for people who don't have a clinic nearby. It sounds like a good option for you right now with your move. ITG was attractive to me because we are getting ready to start a major remodel in our house & I know it will be hectic.

FYI, I believe the only 'requirement' for Ideal to Go (at least my impression) is that you not be currently enrolled in another clinic. If you're not going to be able to do IP if you have to go to a clinic and without Ideal to Go couldn't do IP I would at least contact them to see if you qualify, but I think the one on one help and accountability you get with a coach is priceless (if you have a good coach). ITG is much more do it yourself, they send you all the information, and will answer any questions you have but it's up to you.

hmt1372
02-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Good Morning IPeeps! I had my WI last night (week 7) and lost 5 lbs. Hooray. I've been battling the scale and water retention the last several weeks....up 5 lbs, then up a 1 lb, down 1.5 and now down 5...hopefully the downward trend keeps up because I am 100% on plan. It has been frustrating seeing the scale move all over the place and seeing my husband have consistent losses every week (he's lost 30 lbs now!) and wonder "why isn't that me???" I just stick with it knowing that it will eventually work itself out and head on the downward trend because, seriously, how could it not since I'm on plan and doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. There is NO WAY I'm consuming the calories to gain weight, so the doctor feels like it is just crazy water retention. I also think my body was trying to even itself out because in my third week I lost 18 lbs...in a week. I wish I was losing faster, but I'm averaging 2.7 lbs per week and that is better than any other program I have been on.

I know I don't post a lot on here, but I do read the boards every day and y'all keep me motivated and know that it is possible to achieve my goal. Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm and positive thoughts, it really is contagious. Hope y'all have a great day!:D

New Englander
02-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Good Morning IPeeps! I had my WI last night (week 7) and lost 5 lbs. Hooray. I've been battling the scale and water retention the last several weeks....up 5 lbs, then up a 1 lb, down 1.5 and now down 5...hopefully the downward trend keeps up because I am 100% on plan. It has been frustrating seeing the scale move all over the place and seeing my husband have consistent losses every week (he's lost 30 lbs now!) and wonder "why isn't that me???" I just stick with it knowing that it will eventually work itself out and head on the downward trend because, seriously, how could it not since I'm on plan and doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. There is NO WAY I'm consuming the calories to gain weight, so the doctor feels like it is just crazy water retention. I also think my body was trying to even itself out because in my third week I lost 18 lbs...in a week. I wish I was losing faster, but I'm averaging 2.7 lbs per week and that is better than any other program I have been on.

I know I don't post a lot on here, but I do read the boards every day and y'all keep me motivated and know that it is possible to achieve my goal. Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm and positive thoughts, it really is contagious. Hope y'all have a great day!:D
You have a great attitude!!! I love it!!! And your 110% right...keep at it and the losses will come!!! I know a few husband/wife combos who've done this diet and the hubby's ALWAYS lose more...just think of the hottie hubby you'll soon have... ;)

mtnsun4
02-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Good morning all!

My third week on IP is up on Thursday. So far for the week I have lost 0.5. At least the scale is moving a little. My first two weeks I lost 16 lbs. In reading past posts, it is my understanding that the loss slows down the third week. I am trying to not let it bug me. LOL. I am sure I am losing inches, I hope :). I am looking forward to my weigh in and measurements tomorrow night to see for sure.

I also appreciate these boards and reading about everyone's successes and experiences on IP. You are all wonderful people to be sharing such personal stories for the benefit of others. I am looking forward to this journey with you all.

Have a great OP day!

SewingMomma
02-01-2012, 09:10 AM

Great Job!!!! You're doing fantastic! A 2.7 pounds a week average is great! Men tend to low weight faster than women. So, don't compare yourself to your hubby or to anyone else. Just keep on program, and the weight will melt away!

omgzitsmiranda
02-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Good morning everyone! Glad everyone is doing well :) Happy Wednesday!

Chuckles1330
02-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Good morning!!
I wish it was the same doctor I saw last summer. I was read the riot act about losing weight then, I bet this new guy won't even look back far enough in my chart to see I've lost 30lbs. Oh well.

If the Dr doesn't notice, he isn't doing his job, and you should point at the chart and say "I've lost 30lbs in the last X months." If that doesn't get you at least an "atta girl" he shouldn't be practicing medicine ;)

Good luck with the thyroid. Know that isn't easy to manage sometimes.

caja5152
02-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Good Morning!
Started the second week OP yesterday. Lost 6lb in the first week. WOOHOO!! However I woke up this morning with really bad back pain on my lower left side. I think it may be my kidneys or something. Has anyone had this or does it sound familiar?
Thanks!

sandralosingweight
02-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Hello,

I feel better by now but not 100% recovered yet, I can't imagine how tomorrow I have to go to work :( I wish I could stay in bed all week, but the doctor notice says 3 days so I should go.

Tomorrow will be my official weigh in and one week of being 100% OP.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Ylanthe
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Good morning! I weigh in tonight. I'm not expecting a loss, possibly a gain, based on the last week (eep!), but I am solidly on program and that's not changing! Have a great OP day today :)

lingereverywhere
02-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Good morning all! It's so great to sit with my breakfast and coffee and read about all these happy WIs and committed 100% OPs. It does me so much good!

Sandralosingweight, good luck at work tomorrow! I hope it turns out easier than you expect :)

bludolphin
02-01-2012, 10:09 AM
down 5 pounds on my WI#1 after my gain from my hiatus from IP.

beckyjo
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else. I lost 1.6 lbs however I lost 10.5 inches. I have noticed that my stomach has went down alot.

I can not say how much this diet has helped me I can not wait till the next WI.

Everyone have a great day.

omgzitsmiranda
02-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I would like to know if this has happened to anyone else. I lost 1.6 lbs however I lost 10.5 inches. I have noticed that my stomach has went down alot.

Yes it's very common to lose a lot of inches! Great job! :D

Ducksmy
02-01-2012, 10:33 AM
It's Wacky Wednesday , Here is to everyone! Have a happy OP day!

Girlwithaplan
02-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Good morning to everyone, I'm halfway through my second week, my first week lost 6.6 and am really proud of myself. I tried IP last august for 3 weeks and just didn't follow through with it now getting back on the horse 100%. losing the weight for a purpose, my DH and I have a 3 year old daughter and want to add one to the family so gotto lose the weight!!
Have a good day everyone :)

Chuckles1330
02-01-2012, 10:43 AM

Hooray! Way to get back on track! :cp:

SewingMomma
02-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Wow! You all have had some great WIs today. Keep up the good work!

thin4me
02-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Good morning everyone

I just realized I forgot to pack my IP drink for breakfast (have everything else), thank god I had a bar stashed in my drawer but found it quite sweet for breakfast. Also dissapointed that I have nothing to look forward to this evening as I usually have a cup of tea and a bar before bed, or a pkg of southwestern curls :(

Other than that things are going well, bought a couple of size 8 jeans which I'm sure I can only fit into due to the spandex - but hey, they fit! Tried shrinking my size 10's in a hot wash and threw them in the dryer, but they seem to only shrink in length.

massconfusion84
02-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Happy hump day! Today is going to be intresting because we are checking eachothers blood sugars today in skills lab (nursing school) and I'm very curious to see what it is...someone said I looked tiny this morning..made me sooo happy

salmongirl
02-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Way to hang in there! You will meet your goals with that wonderful attitude:)

chihuahuanut
02-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Good morning everyone. So great to read all of these amazing success stories, weigh ins, inches lost, etc. Unfortunately, I won't be one of those people:-(

After only 24 hours on IP, I have to stop. I spent the bulk of my day yesterday trying hard not to throw up, I was extremely nauseated from 10am onward. Actually, it felt like I'd tied one on big time the night before and was nursing a serious hangover all day. After some homework, chats with a coach, others I know on IP and finally a nurse friend of mine, it appears I have ZERO tolerance for whey protein which is a common ingredient in many (if not all) of the IP products. Strangely, this is common for people who are lactose intolerant, which I'm not. I'm the kind of person who can eat anything and everything, nothing bothers me at all.

It's a shame because I see the great successes here and at work, but I won't be able to share in them. I will probably continue to lurk here and other forums on this board, they really are fantastic and so inspiring. Whether you have a lot to lose or like me, those last 10 pounds that won't go away, it can be a daily struggle and it' s nice to have a place like this to go to.

Fortunately, a co worker bought 75% of my products, just have about 10 various products left to sell, at least I won't lose all my money. Off to post to Kijiji and UsedOttawa and hopefully sell the rest:-)

Best of luck to everyone - you deserve to healthy and happy:-)

beckyjo
02-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes it's very common to lose a lot of inches! Great job! :D

Thanks for responding I just thought that was crazy. I like losing the inches.

100poundfreeway
02-01-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm excited WI #1 tomorrow morning! ......

Have a great day everyone! Being a newbie I feel I took a hit yesterday and questioned my will power for this plan! But I do know I want this and I do know I can do it and I will stay 100% OP!

NavyMommy
02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Congrats to all of those WIs and NSVs this morning!!

If the Dr doesn't notice, he isn't doing his job, and you should point at the chart and say "I've lost 30lbs in the last X months." If that doesn't get you at least an "atta girl" he shouldn't be practicing medicine ;)

Good luck with the thyroid. Know that isn't easy to manage sometimes.

Thanks! I actually had a really great appointment. When I got on their scale (which is always a little lighter than mine for some reason) I was at 175.6! This past summer I was at 210 on their scale so that's right at 35lbs. I was excited.

Didn't mention anything to the doctor, although maybe I should have. Their computers were down so I gave him a bit of slack. He was the most through doctor I've seen there in a long time, I was impressed. I'm going back in 2 weeks so I'm going to ask him about setting a goal weight, maybe we'll talk more then :)

Yes, it's very common to lose a lot of inches. I have been losing the same way, it's almost as if my stomach is deflating.

DanafromAustin
02-01-2012, 11:49 AM
FYI, I believe the only 'requirement' for Ideal to Go (at least my impression) is that you not be currently enrolled in another clinic. If you're not going to be able to do IP if you have to go to a clinic and without Ideal to Go couldn't do IP I would at least contact them to see if you qualify, but I think the one on one help and accountability you get with a coach is priceless (if you have a good coach). ITG is much more do it yourself, they send you all the information, and will answer any questions you have but it's up to you.

A friend of mine is doing Ideal to Go and she qualified because there isn't a clinic near her. The closest one is over a 1/2 hour away. Comparing her experience with mine, I would definitely go with a local clinic if you can and the coach is decent.

Good morning all!

My third week on IP is up on Thursday. So far for the week I have lost 0.5. At least the scale is moving a little. My first two weeks I lost 16 lbs. In reading past posts, it is my understanding that the loss slows down the third week. I am trying to not let it bug me. LOL. I am sure I am losing inches, I hope :). I am looking forward to my weigh in and measurements tomorrow night to see for sure.
!

You lost a lot of weight your first two weeks. It's very common for the third and possibly the 4th week to be much lower. It's just your body's way of catching up with itself. You will never loose again like you did the first couple of weeks, but hopefully you will fall into the average of 3 to 4 pounds per week once everything normalizes.

Some great WIs today everyone... congrats!

ICanLoseItThisTime
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Well Today will be my 5th weigh in and I am nervous as can be! I have been 100% OP but I KNOW I am retaining tons of water cause I havent been going to the bathroom every hour like I was. I am totally blaming this on TOM and am going to just stay positive and know that weigh 6 will show the loss of all this water!! I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL OP day! And everyone keep up the good work!

wuv2bloved
02-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Congrats on the WI's so far this morning and good luck to those who WI later today. I am happy to report down another 2 lbs today!!....Its a dreary rainy day here! guess I will be catching up on paperwork!

Renewing Myself
02-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Good morning everyone. I have my 3 week weigh in tomorrow morning and am down a couple of pounds for sure. I went curling last night so saved my shake for after I came home and I'm not sure but I think the scale was up slightly because of my late night (10 p.m.) shake. I do not usually eat that late at night. All is good, I have a few things coming up that will challenge me to stay on program but I can do it!! :D

Ishbel
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Hello,

I feel better by now but not 100% recovered yet, I can't imagine how tomorrow I have to go to work :( I wish I could stay in bed all week, but the doctor notice says 3 days so I should go.

Tomorrow will be my official weigh in and one week of being 100% OP.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Still cheering for you Sandra!! One week under your belt, soon it will be WEEKS under your belt and then on to MONTHS! Just one day at a time is the attitude you have to take sometimes! :) So Proud!

WOOT WOOT, glad to have you back!

Sometimes you just drop inches...this diet is amazing like that!

I'm excited WI #1 tomorrow morning! ......

Have a great day everyone! Being a newbie I feel I took a hit yesterday and questioned my will power for this plan! But I do know I want this and I do know I can do it and I will stay 100% OP!

You can do it, don't think about how much you have to lose in the long wrong, make some mini goals so that you can celebrate on your journey! I had like 4 in a row that I didn't even know I had set so close together. One was to be smaller then the VIP, next was 100 lbs, next was onderland and then I had to really think about the rest. My next mini goal is to not be obese...but rather just overweight LOL

So I thought I might share with all of you what someone said to me yesterday.

This lady I work with knows what I'm doing and is so excited for me, my work is very supportive and NOT AT ALL worried about cheering someone on for weight loss or fitness achievements. We were talking about life plan/maintaining weight loss and I said how I am going to make up a menu to keep me on schedule for snacks and what options I have and that I'd follow that menu until I was comfortable (ie, snack at 3:00 - you can have this this this or this but only one of them!) She told me how she does that herself and she started talking about a food she uses as a veggie dip that isn't 100%.

So I said "WOW, I can't wait to have THAT!" and she said "well you can" to which I replied "no I can't!" (with a kinda indignant face lol) and she replied "yes you can, you're choosing not to right now because that's the right decision for you"....it was a good reminder. :) I actually said "oooo, your good!" and she said "I'm here for ya!"

wuv2bloved
02-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Thats awesome Ishbel, having someone you can share things like that with.

Most of you know that my cousin is doing the program with me and he has NOT been 100% dedicated like I have been. Well today we went for our WI and he said I am NOT going to WI because I didn't eat on program, last night I hate a WHOLE bag of BBQ Chili cheese Fritos. I was like REALLY???....so I begin to "strip" of my layers of clothing to WI. I had to buy a new outfit to WI with cuz my other clothes were falling off of me. I wore my pink leopard yoga top and black shorts with a jacket. When I took my jacket off he looked at me and started crying!!...I was like why the **** you crying? he said cuz I am soooooo proud of you!!....I said well thank you and gave him a hug. So the girl that Weighs us told him you need to get on the scale and see just where you stand, so he did and HE LOSS 2LBS!!!!.....i was thinking WHAT IN THE H*LL????......HOW IN THE H*LL.....can he eat anything he wants and STILL LOSE 2lbs!!!....he was all excited put honestly it pissed me off. So when I called and talk to my mom about what happened she said the reason why he probably started crying was because I am sticking to the program and losing so well and he can't stick to it and is not losing like I am so its like a slap in the face to him. Then I told her about him losing weight after eating and she said Lisa, YOU will keep your weight off, he will not. You have learned a lot on this program HE HAS NOT.....he can't go ONE WEEK without cheating YOU have gone 9MONTHS without cheating YOU have come a long way. YOU are a different person now, HE is still the same and will NEVER change!....she made me feel better :)....Just had to vent a little .....lol

bludolphin
02-01-2012, 12:33 PM
After some homework, chats with a coach, others I know on IP and finally a nurse friend of mine, it appears I have ZERO tolerance for whey protein which is a common ingredient in many (if not all) of the IP products. Strangely, this is common for people who are lactose intolerant, which I'm not. I'm the kind of person who can eat anything and everything, nothing bothers me at all.

It's a shame because I see the great successes here and at work, but I won't be able to share in them. I will probably continue to lurk here and other forums on this board, they really are fantastic and so inspiring. Whether you have a lot to lose or like me, those last 10 pounds that won't go away, it can be a daily struggle and it' s nice to have a place like this to go to.

that is unfortunate for you. Have you considered to follow the plan but actually use lean protein instead of the IP products. basically just eliminating the carbs. It might be something to consider, make the plan your own.

Most of you know that my cousin is doing the program with me and he has NOT been 100% dedicated like I have been. Well today we went for our WI and he said I am NOT going to WI because I didn't eat on program, last night I hate a WHOLE bag of BBQ Chili cheese Fritos. I was like REALLY???....so I begin to "strip" of my layers of clothing to WI. I had to buy a new outfit to WI with cuz my other clothes were falling off of me. I wore my pink leopard yoga top and black shorts with a jacket. When I took my jacket off he looked at me and started crying!!...I was like why the **** you crying? he said cuz I am soooooo proud of you!!....I said well thank you and gave him a hug. So the girl that Weighs us told him you need to get on the scale and see just where you stand, so he did and HE LOSS 2LBS!!!!.....i was thinking WHAT IN THE H*LL????......HOW IN THE H*LL.....can he eat anything he wants and STILL LOSE 2lbs!!!....he was all excited put honestly it pissed me off. So when I called and talk to my mom about what happened she said the reason why he probably started crying was because I am sticking to the program and losing so well and he can't stick to it and is not losing like I am so its like a slap in the face to him. Then I told her about him losing weight after eating and she said Lisa, YOU will keep your weight off, he will not. You have learned a lot on this program HE HAS NOT.....he can't go ONE WEEK without cheating YOU have gone 9MONTHS without cheating YOU have come a long way. YOU are a different person now, HE is still the same and will NEVER change!....she made me feel better :)....Just had to vent a little .....lol

Your mom is wise. As for him cheating last night as i have found through dieting those types of cheat don't catch up with you until the following day...same generally goes for exercise you will not reap the benefits or damage until day 2 after...not sure why but it seems the body takes about 48 hours to decide whether it will punish or help you...go figure.

Momto2cs
02-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Good morning everyone. So great to read all of these amazing success stories, weigh ins, inches lost, etc. Unfortunately, I won't be one of those people:-(

After only 24 hours on IP, I have to stop. I spent the bulk of my day yesterday trying hard not to throw up, I was extremely nauseated from 10am onward. Actually, it felt like I'd tied one on big time the night before and was nursing a serious hangover all day. After some homework, chats with a coach, others I know on IP and finally a nurse friend of mine, it appears I have ZERO tolerance for whey protein which is a common ingredient in many (if not all) of the IP products. Strangely, this is common for people who are lactose intolerant, which I'm not. I'm the kind of person who can eat anything and everything, nothing bothers me at all.

Fortunately, a co worker bought 75% of my products, just have about 10 various products left to sell, at least I won't lose all my money. Off to post to Kijiji and UsedOttawa and hopefully sell the rest:-)

That's too bad, but it was probably carb withdrawal, not the protein.

Carbs are an addiction and some people do have serious withdrawal. Read dr eades blog and see.

Hopefully you can take the ideas of ip and work them with regular protein (like the dukan diet). It really works, even for the last few pounds.

Good luck

janniegoingdown
02-01-2012, 12:39 PM

I had a similar story as well. A friend of mine is on IP as well and she called one morning and said she had real chips and real lemon poppy seed cake the night before. She said she stepped on the scale the next morning and she was down 2 pounds. Well, I was a little upset but deep down I knew it would eventually show up. When we went for weigh in I lost 4 lbs and she only lost .8. Not worth it to me!

Momto2cs
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I had to weigh in early this week. Down 2.2 pounds! I am almost in the 140s and only inching closer to my goal!

idealpromom
02-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Morning everyone,
WI #15 and down 4.8 ! Yay!! Being 100% on plan does make a difference !!

sassysi
02-01-2012, 01:25 PM
My first weigh in today....7 lbs, 2 inches, went from 8 to 7 on visceral fat....YEAH! I am soooo excited!!

If thats not motivating, I dont know what is. Makes me feel so proud of myself!:carrot:

Goldenrod
02-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone,
I finally decided to join the forum today. You have all given me a lot of helpful ideas for IP. My sister & I started with IP on 10/6 and have done so well another sister and her husband have also started IP. So we have our own little support group going on. :) Yesterday was a great day for my sister. She had her second dr visit since starting IP and he took her off of all her blood pressure and diabetic medications. The first visit he just reduced them. She has lost 44 lb. so far. We are really happy about all of that. Hope you all have a great day!

Jonis
02-01-2012, 01:42 PM
I am on day 24 of IP. Am feeling totally exhausted, grouchy, and have no appetite. I don't want to eat anything. Everything grosses me out. I am forcing the food down. What is happening? I am last day of TOM. :?:

wuv2bloved
02-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Hi everyone,
I finally decided to join the forum today. You have all given me a lot of helpful ideas for IP. My sister & I started with IP on 10/6 and have done so well another sister and her husband have also started IP. So we have our own little support group going on. :) Yesterday was a great day for my sister. She had her second dr visit since starting IP and he took her off of all her blood pressure and diabetic medications. The first visit he just reduced them. She has lost 44 lb. so far. We are really happy about all of that. Hope you all have a great day!

GREAT news!!!...congrats to all of you!!....and WELCOME to the forum and out of lurking :)

EVERYONE is doing really well this week on the WI's.....GREAT job EVERYONE!!!...too many to name :)

100poundfreeway
02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Okay so it's been a week tomrrow morning and I can already see I'm going to need some variety! I was foolish to think I could do this on Shakes and Veggies alone :) I'm commited to give this a year of being 100% OP but I'm going to need more than shakes and veggies, I even find my 8oz of lean protine in the eveings a bit much! I have looked at the alternative suggestion stuff but I have a few questions.

Walden Farms products, are those all OK on all your salads or mixed in with chicken to make like a chicken salad? Can you use as much as you want of these products?

Also what are "restricted" items? Are we talking about peas like things that are only supposed to be consumed one to two times a week? I ask becuse some of the info I have read on here say in Phase one not to have andy "restricted" items so I want to do my best and stay away from them if possible!

Any help you all can give me is apprciated. And I know I'm supposed to read all the info before posting but I have been going through it for days and I don't have a ton of extra time so I'm hoping for a short cut though hours and hours of reading :dizzy: I have come accross some great stuff and love the reading I have done!

Also where is the link for the waffel and kale chips reciepts? Thanks you are all so encouraging! Can't wait to be more of a pro at this stuff :)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
02-01-2012, 01:55 PM

Mom Wuv I know you are out there, that was the best thing anyone could say. And Lisa, she is so right you will stick to it and he will unfortunately probably gain weight back.

That is one thing I have learned is that this diet is easy but strict. I am struggling in maintenance but am doing my best and it is a learning experience as you kind of have to figure out what your body (loves) that isn't real good for you ie Breads, I find if I eat bread more than twice I week I gain so you really have to be careful in maintenance as well as it will be you learning what is right for you.

petsitter144
02-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Hello Everyone..new To The Site, Hope Im Posting In The Right Place....this Is The 5th Day For Me And My Husband, Going Ok So Far,,getting Really Tired Of Veggies Though......

omgzitsmiranda
02-01-2012, 02:04 PM

It's totally normal to be upset, I would be upset too lol! But your Mom is soooo right! Love love love your Mom's perspective :)

Thurge
02-01-2012, 02:11 PM
I started IP on 1/8 since 1/30 I've lost 26lbs. (I hope I never find them again...) I've noticed that my loss is starting to taper off. Week 1 I lost 13lbs, week 2 7lbs, and 6 in week 3. Has anybody discovered additional supplements that they found effective at keeping their results in the higher range? Or perhaps some subtle changes that I may be missing? Currently I'm doing the basic supplements: the multivitimin, Cal-Mag, and the Potassium/Cal. Is there anything that I can do or start taking to enhance my weight loss performance?

wuv2bloved
02-01-2012, 02:16 PM
I started IP on 1/8 since 1/30 I've lost 26lbs. (I hope I never find them again...) I've noticed that my loss is starting to taper off. Week 1 I lost 13lbs, week 2 7lbs, and 6 in week 3. Has anybody discovered additional supplements that they found effective at keeping their results in the higher range? Or perhaps some subtle changes that I may be missing? Currently I'm doing the basic supplements: the multivitimin, Cal-Mag, and the Potassium/Cal. Is there anything that I can do or start taking to enhance my weight loss performance?

There is really nothing you can do to enhance you loses. I have added Omega 3,6,9 and Vitamin C to my supplements. Your body has to adjust to your large losses. You will not have BIG losses every week. Usually once your body gets used of the program you will have ONE week really big or somewhat bigger than others then the next 3 weeks will be smaller. Your average will stay about 3-5lbs being a guy. My average over the last 39 weeks has been 3.2lbs.

100poundfreeway
02-01-2012, 02:24 PM

What a great mom you have ;) she is so right this will be a life time of change for you! Congratulatons! You look amazing and you are such an inspiration to others! ..... even from other "diets" I have done, it doesn't seem like those little cheats chatch up for a few weeks! just what I have learned in the past!

Momto2cs
02-01-2012, 02:27 PM
For the newer people

Read the recipe threads. Use the search buttons.

Find veggies you like because there is no end in sight for them!

Try different packets. Use spices and seasonings you like! Add blended veggies to the soup to make them creamy.

Otherwise, just keep planning ahead and the weight will come off. Don't expect gourmet food from an envelope, but do keep trying until you find something you can work with!

idealpromom
02-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Good morning!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! Super busy day over here today, but I am getting my veggies and lunch bar (and water bottle) all packed so I have no excuses. Feeling really well recently, heading to the doctor today for some labwork for my thyroid. I wonder if losing weight will have anything to do with a med dosage change. Any experience?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good luck at your Dr's appt. I had an appt today with my primary care... he didn't even mention "hey you lost 40 lbs since your last visit!" jerk... I mentioned it and he said great lets get more blood work done. LOL betcha it will be better results!!

100poundfreeway
02-01-2012, 02:33 PM
For the newer people

Try different packets. Use spices and seasonings you like! Add blended veggies to the soup to make them creamy.

Otherwise, just keep planning ahead and the weight will come off. Don't expect gourmet food from an envelope, but do keep trying until you find something you can work with!

Thank you Momto2cs..... I love veggies thats not really a problem for me but I'm also using alternative producs not IP, maybe that is part of my problem?? I'm only doing the EAS shakes and that my Dr. recomended and suppliments... so I guess it's confusing to use the "packets"

I also searhced and used the treads but really it seems like years of reading...... BUT I love your suggestion of belended veggies! I will definatly try that!

Thanks!

Chuckles1330
02-01-2012, 02:36 PM
For the newer people

X2 I'm still new - this is only week 3 for me - but have found that menu planning makes a HUGE difference, and have been trying some of the recipes found here and other IP sites to change things up a bit, which helps, since I like some variety. With a busy schedule, I also have found that having reliable "go to" items is a must. Most of all, I am in the right place mentally to do this - there is no denying that the diet is extreme and takes lots of commitment - and there are always support and ideas at my fingertips on this forum. :carrot:

thin4me
02-01-2012, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Thurge;4199101] Has anybody discovered additional supplements that they found effective at keeping their results in the higher range? Or perhaps some subtle changes that I may be missing? [QUOTE]

Hi and welcome!
I noticed when I increased my protein at supper it made a difference as well as ensuring you get the 1-2 tsp of oil (above what you cook with). 8oz of meat is an awful lot (I measure) so I've started having a hard boiled egg at lunch and aiming for about 6oz of cooked meat at supper.

BCGirl
02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
It has been a few months since I visited the daily chat so I thought I'd say "hi" .

Wuv, amazing results - I'm so impressed by your focus and dedication, you were a big inspiration for me. I share your mom's view of your cousin - if you can't avoid cheating when you're actually on the diet I think it sets you up to regain very quickly. The most important lesson to keep the weight off seems to be around impulse control, what we want may not be what is best for us.

3 months on maintenance and I've kept the weight off - it gets easier every day. I find I don't think about food very much, the choices have become automatic now, and exercise is a lot of fun with a leaner body! I know it seems daunting in the first few weeks, but it does get SO much easier!

Chuckles1330
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM

Good to see another Atlantan here - there aren't too many that I've seen :)
It is normal for your weight-loss to level off - but this is one of the highest losing programs I've ever seen, so if you stick to it, you WILL get to your goal. Are you working with a clinic/Dr, or doing this on your own?

Sab964
02-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Today was WI #2 down 5.2 pounds! I'm amazed and so excited/motivated! Love reading all the success stories!

mrsmurphy
02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Anyone have any experience with ideal to go? I have been doing alternatives, and i'm losing weight but i just feel like i would lose more consistently. Does anyone know if you have to buy all of your food from ideal to go? Because I do like the EAS carb control shakes i've been having... any experience with ideal to go would be helpful

justme685
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I have searched for the answer to this on here but have had a hard time finding it! I feel guilty for not doing any exercise, but I've been told not to do anything that will get my heart rate up to high. I have all this new energy and I just want to do something to get rid of it and to help with weight loss. Can anyone explain why we can't do exercise? Maybe if I understood why I can't I wouldn't feel so guilty about not being active. I never exercised very much before the diet but now I actually want to (which is a surprise to me! ;P).

chihuahuanut
02-01-2012, 03:17 PM
That's too bad, but it was probably carb withdrawal, not the protein.

Carbs are an addiction and some people do have serious withdrawal. Read dr eades blog and see.

Hopefully you can take the ideas of ip and work them with regular protein (like the dukan diet). It really works, even for the last few pounds.

Good luck

I considered that, but I felt the exact same way the one and only time I ever had a protein shake from Booster Juice. It just slammed into me and the nausea and vomiting started quickly. I do love the concept - low carb, low sugar - and will continue with that principle. It obviously works, look at all the great success stories on here!

Thanks for the encouragement

beckyjo
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I have searched for the answer to this on here but have had a hard time finding it! I feel guilty for not doing any exercise, but I've been told not to do anything that will get my heart rate up to high. I have all this new energy and I just want to do something to get rid of it and to help with weight loss. Can anyone explain why we can't do exercise? Maybe if I understood why I can't I wouldn't feel so guilty about not being active. I never exercised very much before the diet but now I actually want to (which is a surprise to me! ;P).

From what I understand it is becouse you are not getting enough carbs to exercise and it will break down your muscle.

le506
02-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi! I JUST had my initial consult and officially start tomorrow. I am glad these boards are here but it is a little overwhelming. Is there a place to look for BASIC recipes (where you don't have to buy WF products). I am worried that doing the packets plain will take gross but there are almost too many recipes out there for changing them up. I just hate to feel overwhelmed before I even start

thin4me
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
I've been looking around for Sven's (sp??) recipe link but can't find it. I spent some time searching the recipe threads but didn't find reference to it there

thin4me
02-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Anyone have any experience with ideal to go? I have been doing alternatives, and i'm losing weight but i just feel like i would lose more consistently. Does anyone know if you have to buy all of your food from ideal to go? Because I do like the EAS carb control shakes i've been having... any experience with ideal to go would be helpful

Is EAS and acronym? If so what does it stand for? Perhaps we don't get it in Canada as I have looked...

MustangMolly
02-01-2012, 03:52 PM

Here is what I have been told: Because IP is such a low calorie diet when you add excericse your body can go into "starvation" mode and stop burning calories. It thinks it needs to store all your food so your weight loss can slow dramatically or even stop! Some people have success by adding 1/2 a packet before and 1/2 a packet after exercise. I have also read that keeping your heart rate in the 65 - 70% is important because that is the rate at which our bodies burn fat.

triplelma
02-01-2012, 03:53 PM
So sorry to hear you arent feeling well!! Take this advice or leave it, lol, but I'm not sure that is definitely your problem! I spent the WHOLE DAY Sat and MOST of Sunday in bed (my 4th & 5th Day) due to severe nausea. I couldn't even stand holding my head up.. According to my Dr., some people react this way while their bodies adjust to the lack of calories... and, not to mention there is a nasty stomach flu going around everywhere... If you feel terrible and are convinced, go with your gut.. but, might not hurt to go back to it in a week or so to make sure it wasn't something totally unrelated. Saturday, I was ready to quit, so glad I didnt!! Best of luck to you!!

Survalia
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM

Lots of people exercise. Most recommended is weight training for building muscle and walking. Intense cardio is NOT recommended. Also, those who do exercise often have an extra packet a day, making sure they get something to eat before and after exercising.

wuv2bloved
02-01-2012, 04:03 PM
I've been looking around for Sven's (sp??) recipe link but can't find it. I spent some time searching the recipe threads but didn't find reference to it there

is this what you meant?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html

alaskastarr
02-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone..I just got caught up with the last few days msgs. Sadly I (and my whole family) have been sick with that icky stomach bug :barf: I wasn't able to drink or eat anything for the past 36 hours except for two of the blueberry/cranberry/pomegranate drinks slowly. Can anyone tell me if this has put me out of ketosis? Will I (and my hubby) have to wait to get back into ketosis? I am still not back to 100% yet :( I feel weak and can't move too much without getting dizzy and off. That could possibly be from lack of electrolytes right? I was advised the BRAT diet, but none of that stuff is on this program so I am trying to do the best I can with what I have....can anyone give a little input and help me please?

NavyMommy
02-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Congrats to all the great WIs and NSVs today!!!

Okay so it's been a week tomrrow morning and I can already see I'm going to need some variety! I was foolish to think I could do this on Shakes and Veggies alone :) I'm commited to give this a year of being 100% OP but I'm going to need more than shakes and veggies, I even find my 8oz of lean protine in the eveings a bit much! I have looked at the alternative suggestion stuff but I have a few questions.

Walden Farms products, are those all OK on all your salads or mixed in with chicken to make like a chicken salad? Can you use as much as you want of these products?

Also what are "restricted" items? Are we talking about peas like things that are only supposed to be consumed one to two times a week? I ask becuse some of the info I have read on here say in Phase one not to have andy "restricted" items so I want to do my best and stay away from them if possible!

Any help you all can give me is apprciated. And I know I'm supposed to read all the info before posting but I have been going through it for days and I don't have a ton of extra time so I'm hoping for a short cut though hours and hours of reading :dizzy: I have come accross some great stuff and love the reading I have done!

Also where is the link for the waffel and kale chips reciepts? Thanks you are all so encouraging! Can't wait to be more of a pro at this stuff :)

Have you read through the alternative thread? I know there's a lot of information there but there are a lot of good links there too. I even posted a few pages from the end what I was planning on ordering and I've survived (and done well IMO) since 1/2/12 on those products.

As for the restricted products there are two different kinds. 1 a restricted veggie (things like tomatoes, and brussel sprouts) that you don't want more than 2 cups of in a week. English peas are not allowed at all but green beans are occasional. The other restricted is the actual packet, usually a bar, soy puffs, or something crunchy and snacky like that. Personally I have found my weight loss better when I have a restricted ever day. I order from Nausha Nutrition because I really prefer their bars, but there are some acceptable alternatives at mega stores. Pure Protein bars are the ones that come to mind.

I don't use the WF products so I can't give you the exact amount, but I do know those that use them limit them to a certain number of tablespoons a day because while they're still technically 0/0/0 they add up and everyone's body acts differently.

I have just signed up with them and have been very impressed. From my understanding you have to not be currently enrolled in another IP program, but I have heard some people say there is a distance requirement. They never asked me, but I was driving a good 30 min to my appointments so maybe they just assumed? If you can go through a local coach and your coach is halfway different IMO that's the best bet because I loved the one on one accountability and support, but we're in the process of moving across the country soon so I knew that wasn't an option. I don't know about ordering requirements, I ordered a full month's supply, but didn't see anything on there about it. I ordered at about 7am, called at 8 because I forgot to add my salt (they added it no problem) and got my shipping notice at 11. It should be here tomorrow and I'm really excited!

Look in the sticky thread, there's one posted there about exercise, it's really helpful.

ICanLoseItThisTime
02-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I just got back from my weigh in. I was up .1 lbs. It was hard to see I just started bawling in my coaches office. I have been 100% OP I mean down to every morsel of food and water that goes into my mouth. But, apparently TOM decided to try and get my discouraged. I refuse to let it and will continue on my path of IP and staying OP. My grandmother and mom were really supportive and gave me great encouragement. My step-dad however said "well maybe this isn't the diet either" UGH, anyone who has read any of my posts know how he is with eating in front of me and almost teasing me with it. But anyway, I am glad to have this website to vent and just say how I am feeling because without it and my mom and grandmother I just dont know. I know that I need to be strong on my own, but sometimes, everyone needs someone. I would like the "woosh fairy" to visit me for the next weigh in :) I am going to go for a leisurely walk with my dog and just calm down. Thanks everyone and I hope everyone continues to have a great OP day and don't get discouraged. I feel like so many have overcome so much, I can overcome this. :)))

Mkssweetie
02-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I considered that, but I felt the exact same way the one and only time I ever had a protein shake from Booster Juice. It just slammed into me and the nausea and vomiting started quickly. I do love the concept - low carb, low sugar - and will continue with that principle. It obviously works, look at all the great success stories on here!

Thanks for the encouragement

I agree with the person who earlier suggested the Dukan Diet. it is alot like IP just with real food not packets and shakes. Just go to mydukandiet.com and check it out. Also you can look for the book on ebay or Amazon. I think it could really look for you. good luck!

Momto2cs
02-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Lots of people exercise. Most recommended is weight training for building muscle and walking. Intense cardio is NOT recommended. Also, those who do exercise often have an extra packet a day, making sure they get something to eat before and after exercising.

Most coaches do not recommend starting a new exercise retiming during phase 1. Do you exercise now?

I continued my 5--6 day a week workouts throughout ip. It didn't seem to hinder my losses until recently, although I am down to the last few pounds and have been doing my normal intense work outs and the scale is moving Down.

I try to add an extra packet those day, or at least ensure I am having a restricted bar. My weight loss has mainly been body fat and I have not been sacrificing muscle, if I believe the body fat scale.

I do not feel weaker, tirder or less able to do even the most intense work outs, but I was doing this for a long time before I found ip.

My advice is continue with what you are used to. If you currently exercise, and feel like continuing, do. If not, now might be the time to focus on weight loss and worry about exercise later.

Exercising can make you hungrier, and it takes many hours at the gym to lose even 1 pound.

Good luck.

Mkssweetie
02-01-2012, 05:27 PM
I just got back from my weigh in. I was up .1 lbs. It was hard to see I just started bawling in my coaches office. I have been 100% OP I mean down to every morsel of food and water that goes into my mouth. But, apparently TOM decided to try and get my discouraged. I refuse to let it and will continue on my path of IP and staying OP. My grandmother and mom were really supportive and gave me great encouragement. My step-dad however said "well maybe this isn't the diet either" UGH, anyone who has read any of my posts know how he is with eating in front of me and almost teasing me with it. But anyway, I am glad to have this website to vent and just say how I am feeling because without it and my mom and grandmother I just dont know. I know that I need to be strong on my own, but sometimes, everyone needs someone. I would like the "woosh fairy" to visit me for the next weigh in :) I am going to go for a leisurely walk with my dog and just calm down. Thanks everyone and I hope everyone continues to have a great OP day and don't get discouraged. I feel like so many have overcome so much, I can overcome this. :)))

Don,t let him get you down! Just look at how far you have come! almost 1/2 way to your goal! That is awesome! All of your WI have been amazing so it is that much harder to see a not great number. Just keep going your body is trying to catch up with how fast you have lost. You WILL be a success! I hope you had a great walk.

ICanLoseItThisTime
02-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Don,t let him get you down! Just look at how far you have come! almost 1/2 way to your goal! That is awesome! All of your WI have been amazing so it is that much harder to see a not great number. Just keep going your body is trying to catch up with how fast you have lost. You WILL be a success! I hope you had a great walk.

THANK YOU! Isn't it funny how just a few kind words of encouragement, even from a total stranger can give you strength? And I never even thought about it like that, almost halfway to my goal. That is an achievement in itself! Thank you so so so so so much!!! :)

hmt1372
02-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Way to hang in there! You will meet your goals with that wonderful attitude:)

You have a great attitude!!! I love it!!! And your 110% right...keep at it and the losses will come!!! I know a few husband/wife combos who've done this diet and the hubby's ALWAYS lose more...just think of the hottie hubby you'll soon have... ;)

Great Job!!!! You're doing fantastic! A 2.7 pounds a week average is great! Men tend to low weight faster than women. So, don't compare yourself to your hubby or to anyone else. Just keep on program, and the weight will melt away!

Thanks so much, I appreciate your responses. I don't know if my attitude is always wonderful, but I'm very optimistic that this way of eating can and will work for me. It is frustrating to see the ups and downs, but I have seen the amazing transformations this diet has had on my brother-in-law and sister-in-law - I'm not sure how much she lost, but he lost 50-60 lbs in 3-4 months and looks amazing. I can't believe how skinny my husband looks. He had lost 70 lbs in the past year just watching his carbs and sugars because he was diagnosed with diabetes and now he has lost 30 lbs in 7 weeks on IP. He went to the doctor last week and his diabetes is gone and no longer has to take meds. I'm SOOOO proud of him and he looks amazing. Yes, it is hard to see him lose so much faster than me, but I am happy for him and know that if I keep plugging along, I'll eventually catch up...damn hormones! It has been an interesting journey thus far to see how crazy my body fluctuates; no wonder I would get discouraged on other diets and give up. I just KNOW this is the answer to my weight problem, the science is proven and you guys are living proof. I love that I am not hungry and that I don't have cravings. It amazes me on a daily basis how easy this is if you just do it. Thanks for all the support you guys give, it really helps and means a lot.=)

100poundfreeway
02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank you NavyMommy, that was helpful! I will continue to go through old threads! Thanks for info!

IcanLoseitThisTime: You are doing such a great job! I hope you don't let him bring you down!

thin4me
02-01-2012, 06:26 PM
is this what you meant?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html

Sure is - thanks!

tenniels
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Most coaches do not recommend starting a new exercise retiming during phase 1. Do you exercise now?

I continued my 5--6 day a week workouts throughout ip. It didn't seem to hinder my losses until recently, although I am down to the last few pounds and have been doing my normal intense work outs and the scale is moving Down.

I try to add an extra packet those day, or at least ensure I am having a restricted bar. My weight loss has mainly been body fat and I have not been sacrificing muscle, if I believe the body fat scale.

I do not feel weaker, tirder or less able to do even the most intense work outs, but I was doing this for a long time before I found ip.

My advice is continue with what you are used to. If you currently exercise, and feel like continuing, do. If not, now might be the time to focus on weight loss and worry about exercise later.

Exercising can make you hungrier, and it takes many hours at the gym to lose even 1 pound.

Good luck.

I was doing kickboxing before I started IP. I stopped the first 3 weeks of being OP, but as of last night I went back. It felt really really good, but was a little more challenging for me I think. I won't be weighing in until Saturday now, so I will have two sessions under my belt. I'm a little nervous because there seems to be such a split opinion on working out. I did add an extra packet yesterday and will tomorrow when I go as well. I'm happy to hear you continued working out, it gives me hope but I'm still nervous as all heck about stopping my weight loss. It's really good for me psychologically and socially though, and so I think it would be more of a detriment to stop going. Any other words of advice for me? :lifter::running::boxing:

Jag23
02-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Yesterday was a terrible day for mr. I think I "boonked"I had an omelet with veggies for breakfast then went to work. For lunch I had a stuffed pepper with tomatoe sauce. Around 3pm I started feeling exhausted and when I got home at 4;30 ,all I could do was crawl into bed. I slept 1/2 then got up and tried to figure out what happened. I realized I forgot to have protein for lunch. I think thats what caused my lose of energy. Wow!!!!!!!!! So today you may be sure I am watching everything........Fell great today and on shift tomorrow. Packing my lunch and everything I need tonight. See you all tomorrow evening

patns
02-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I agree with the person who earlier suggested the Dukan Diet. it is alot like IP just with real food not packets and shakes. Just go to mydukandiet.com and check it out. Also you can look for the book on ebay or Amazon. I think it could really look for you. good luck!

I lost weight on the Dukan Diet last year. I instantly gained it back. It doesn't train you to handle carbs. Ip has a steady low supple of carbs so your body is not shocked when you add a bit of them back. I also had the most awful constipation with it. Way worse than with IP.

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Happy Wednesday!

I made some chicken bread that I think has possibilities! I used 2 egg whites, 1 package of IP chicken soup mix, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 cups cooked mushrooms and 2 four inch springform pans. I baked them @ 375 for 20 minutes and they came out great! I think they would make great drop biscuits using parchment paper also. When I put them together, it was like a huge bun. I put lettuce in the middle and spread some WF chipotle ranch on one side, and dijon on the other. Yum! I think this would be fantastic with lettuce that's been tossed with WF bleu cheese and wing sauce~that's the next thing I'm trying. This would be a great on the go meal, too! Maybe even omit one egg white for the batter and cook it and put in the middle for breakfast!

lindac36
02-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Weigh in number 4: down 4.5 pounds and 3.25 inches. 1/3 of the way to my goal!

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Great job!

purple sky
02-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Happy Wednesday!

I made some chicken bread that I think has possibilities! I used 2 egg whites, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 cups cooked mushrooms and 2 four inch springform pans. I baked them @ 375 for 20 minutes and they came out great! I think they would make great drop biscuits using parchment paper also. When I put them together, it was like a huge bun. I put lettuce in the middle and spread some WF chipotle ranch on one side, and dijon on the other. Yum! I think this would be fantastic with lettuce that's been tossed with WF bleu cheese and wing sauce~that's the next thing I'm trying. This would be a great on the go meal, too! Maybe even omit one egg white for the batter and cook it and put in the middle for breakfast!

You are brilliant. How do you keep coming up with these ideas?

I do have a question though. Is there chicken in this "bread" or do you make a chicken sandwich out of it?

ICanLoseItThisTime
02-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Thank you NavyMommy, that was helpful! I will continue to go through old threads! Thanks for info!

IcanLoseitThisTime: You are doing such a great job! I hope you don't let him bring you down!

I won't, you guys are way to encouraging for me to throw away all I have done for someone who is jealous (because he is totally finding all the weight I am losing) :) Thanks Guys!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Is there chicken in this "bread" or do you make a chicken sandwich out of it?

Sorry, I forgot to put that I used an IP chicken soup packet, so I just edited my post. I just thought of it while driving today. I really miss bread :o When I first started IP, I was afraid to experiment because I didn't want to throw myself off the program accidentally. Now that I am comfortable in knowing what I can and can't have, I love to find new ways to eat the packets. I've been printing out my recipes for my Dr. and she has been giving them to anyone who wants them. I think it helps to keep us OP if we are really craving something and can get close by experimenting. Someone posted the other day that IP is making mashed potatoes! I can't wait to get my hands on those!

Momto2cs
02-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I was doing kickboxing before I started IP. I stopped the first 3 weeks of being OP, but as of last night I went back. It felt really really good, but was a little more challenging for me I think. I won't be weighing in until Saturday now, so I will have two sessions under my belt. I'm a little nervous because there seems to be such a split opinion on working out. I did add an extra packet yesterday and will tomorrow when I go as well. I'm happy to hear you continued working out, it gives me hope but I'm still nervous as all heck about stopping my weight loss. It's really good for me psychologically and socially though, and so I think it would be more of a detriment to stop going. Any other words of advice for me? :lifter::running::boxing:

Don't kill yourself! Ease back into it! And try to have a restricted bar. I didn't do this before, but now that I do I feel like I have more energy reserves.

And drink, drink drink. If you cramp up add another potassium.

Enjoy!

erin2314
02-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I had my first WI today. It's only Day 4 on IP and I'm down 3lbs. I'm pretty excited. My mom is doing this with me and she is down 7, but I'm still excited about my 3. I figure it all evens out so I'll catch up with her eventually.

Congrats to everyone else with WI today!

ICanLoseItThisTime
02-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I had my first WI today. It's only Day 4 on IP and I'm down 3lbs. I'm pretty excited. My mom is doing this with me and she is down 7, but I'm still excited about my 3. I figure it all evens out so I'll catch up with her eventually.

Congrats to everyone else with WI today!

I am trying to get my mom to do it with me! She is currently a little smaller than me though, having over the last few years lost 100-125lbs. I think it would be fun, and such a good support system with each other supporting one another! It is always easier when someone understands exactly what you are going through!! Congrats on your weigh in! That is almost a pound a day!! Where in Louisiana are you from, if you don't mind me asking?!

Tammywhiz
02-01-2012, 09:05 PM

Don't be discouraged. Look at the amazing progress you are having. Next week will be better. This is the diet for you, the proof is in the results you have had already. :)

erin2314
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
I am trying to get my mom to do it with me! She is currently a little smaller than me though, having over the last few years lost 100-125lbs. I think it would be fun, and such a good support system with each other supporting one another! It is always easier when someone understands exactly what you are going through!! Congrats on your weigh in! That is almost a pound a day!! Where in Louisiana are you from, if you don't mind me asking?!
Thanks! I'm from BR. What about you?

Beanie Mommy
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
So here's a fun NSV to share with all fellow Mommys out there. My 2yo daughter has been on a total veggie strike for months! She eats plenty of helthy food, but veggies are a big NO!

Over the past 5 weeks she's been watching me eat tons of veggies, and I always offer a bite to her. She has been refusing until tonight. I was having broccoli and chicken, and she was having chicken and brown rice. I asked her "do you want to try a tiny little baby tree?" She licked a piece of broccoli and handed it right back to me. I ate another piece of broccoli and said "Mommy LOVES little baby trees, yum! Are you sure you don't want to try one?" She ate a tiny little piece and said "MORE" - she ended up eating almost half of my broccoli! So much for the little baby trees. Luckily I made enough for 2 days, so I got some more for myself... Now there's only about 1 cup left... will have to figure out what to have tomorrow...

Excellent victory for my daughter and me! Since I went on this diet partially to be a good role model for her, this fantastic dinner experience makes me want to keep going even more. Wonder what's next - spinach? Cauliflower? :)

ICanLoseItThisTime
02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Don't be discouraged. Look at the amazing progress you are having. Next week will be better. This is the diet for you, the proof is in the results you have had already. :)

Thank you :) Sometimes it is hard to see the good side to something yourself, that is why it is so wonderful having this thread :)

Thanks! I'm from BR. What about you?

I always say I am from Baton Rouge, but really I live in Walker, haha!

ShrinkinSue
02-01-2012, 09:34 PM

YAY for you! good job, I found that I had slow losses before and had to look at what veggies I was eating during the day, when I looked at the carb count on many of the veggies, I found that I did best when I kept my carbs under 25 per day. There is a carb chart for veggies on this site somewhere, I just haven't been able to find it again.

Perhaps one of the senior members can direct you to it, seems like it was maybe in one of jordanas posts?

ShanCo
02-01-2012, 09:45 PM
So here's a fun NSV to share with all fellow Mommys out there. My 2yo daughter has been on a total veggie strike for months! She eats plenty of helthy food, but veggies are a big NO!

Over the past 5 weeks she's been watching me eat tons of veggies, and I always offer a bite to her. She has been refusing until tonight. I was having broccoli and chicken, and she was having chicken and brown rice. I asked her "do you want to try a tiny little baby tree?" She licked a piece of broccoli and handed it right back to me. I ate another piece of broccoli and said "Mommy LOVES little baby trees, yum! Are you sure you don't want to try one?" She ate a tiny little piece and said "MORE" - she ended up eating almost half of my broccoli! So much for the little baby trees. Luckily I made enough for 2 days, so I got some more for myself... Now there's only about 1 cup left... will have to figure out what to have tomorrow...

Excellent victory for my daughter and me! Since I went on this diet partially to be a good role model for her, this fantastic dinner experience makes me want to keep going even more. Wonder what's next - spinach? Cauliflower? :)

I LOVE this NSV! I too went on this diet partially to be a good role model for my son, he will be 6 months Friday :) I had my 4th weigh-in today, down 5.6 for a total of 22.8!!! I'm so excited to know that my son isn't going to remember "fat mommy" and he'll never see me this way again!

newmom7611
02-01-2012, 09:49 PM
hey everyone!! i feel like i'm going through 3FC withdrawl! i haven't been on alllll day or really since yesterday during the day. i usually always read up on the posts right before bed and stay caught up...well the reason why i'm behind is because i had a big day today!! i had an interview--one that i've been waiting for .....for YEARS! i interviewed with Johns Hopkins. i think it's a pretty big deal. are you all familiar? anyways--i really hope i made a great impression. i would lovvvve to get the rest of my education there.
it was a long day so i had to space out meals unusually far. i was pretty hungry. as soon as i got home ...i had 2 cups of veggies, which i lacked from lunch...then had a good dinner about 2 hours later. all is well now. i'm weighing in tomorrow afternoon and picking up more food that i pre-ordered. man, i'm DYING to try these blueberry muffins! i bought that "smart balance butter spray"...its 0/0/0. does anyone else use it? it really does taste like real butter!! i almost feel guilty!! well time to get caught up on posts :) congrats to all who had great weigh ins and NSVs and good luck to those of you who weigh in tomorrow!!!

QHLover
02-01-2012, 09:52 PM
went to Value Village today after work to buy some new pants. Got 3 really cute pairs 2 sizes smaller than I used to wear, yay ($10 bucks each). One pair is a bit snug but I know I will fit into them soon. Don't want to spend lots on clothes that won't last and was tired of have the crotch of my pants hanging low :)

QHLover
02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
steak and roasted cauliflower for dinner, yum. I am roasting everything for a delicious new flavour.

QHLover
02-01-2012, 09:56 PM
NSV - I cam out of my bedroom the other day and my teenage daughter said to me "wow mom you look skinny" , made my day.

For those who want to exercise - walk, walk, walk - it is the best thing to do

mtnsun4
02-01-2012, 10:18 PM
3rd week weigh in tonight- down 1.2 lbs for the week. I will take it! I was hoping for more since the first two weeks have been a total of 16 lbs. but I am sticking to it! It is a loss and I will take it! Hope everyone has a good evening!

Eck
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
steak and roasted cauliflower for dinner, yum. I am roasting everything for a delicious new flavour.

Thumbs up on roasted cauliflower!
Another good one is cauliflower "steaks" I saw in Every Day Food. Cut cauliflower from the top to the stem 3/4" thick, tree shape. Spray with olive oil Pam, sprinkle with garlic and sautee in a covered nonstick pan about 5 min. Flip and cook until tender.

Eck
02-01-2012, 10:36 PM
NSV - I cam out of my bedroom the other day and my teenage daughter said to me "wow mom you look skinny" , made my day.

That is awesome!

Beanie Mommy
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM
I LOVE this NSV! I too went on this diet partially to be a good role model for my son, he will be 6 months Friday :) I had my 4th weigh-in today, down 5.6 for a total of 22.8!!! I'm so excited to know that my son isn't going to remember "fat mommy" and he'll never see me this way again!

Awesome WI!

I'm hoping too, that my daughter won't remember "fat mommy". I want to go to the beach and water parks with her and have a good time without worrying about who's staring at me in my swim suit.

Congrats on your little boy and happy 1/2 birthday!

wuv2bloved
02-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Congrats too all of the WI's today ....outstanding jobs.....and WOOHOO to the NSV's.....the more the merrier right? everyday is a new and fun experience. Bubbly thanks for sharing your inventions with us, always nice to have variety that is for sure! It's been a long day here, I haven't been around much. I stayed in meetings most of the day which is very unusual for me! Glad to see everyone made it through the day!

glomor
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Sometimes I wish this forum had a "Like" button like Facebook so I could use it for great posts like this! How's this? :cheer2:

Thurge
02-01-2012, 11:23 PM
So check this out. Yesterday I'm in the local Kroger supermarket looking for some Walden Foods salad dressing when I stumble upon a product of theirs that I hadn't heard of. Tomato Basil pasta sauce... I look at the bottle and it says the typical 0/0/0 on it. I snag a bottle and take it home. Now my coach allows me to have shiratake noodles so I picked up a bag of the ones that have soy added for texture. I find regular shiratake noodles to be too rubbery for my taste. So I made pasta with extra lean meatballs and WF pasta sauce. When I opened the sauce it had a smell very similar to the WF ketchup. I took some effort but with seasoning and doctoring up (Crushed red peppers, fresh basil and more) I got it to taste like honest to goodness pasta. If I ever get time I'll write up the recipe but if you know how to make pasta it's not rocket science. I'd say it's very good if you season it up right. Just wanted to share...

100poundfreeway
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Happy Wednesday!

I made some chicken bread that I think has possibilities! I used 2 egg whites, 1 package of IP chicken soup mix, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 cups cooked mushrooms and 2 four inch springform pans. I baked them @ 375 for 20 minutes and they came out great! I think they would make great drop biscuits using parchment paper also. When I put them together, it was like a huge bun. I put lettuce in the middle and spread some WF chipotle ranch on one side, and dijon on the other. Yum! I think this would be fantastic with lettuce that's been tossed with WF bleu cheese and wing sauce~that's the next thing I'm trying. This would be a great on the go meal, too! Maybe even omit one egg white for the batter and cook it and put in the middle for breakfast!

This sounds really good! So I'm gathring the baking powder is okay? I have not seen that any place, does it not have any carbs?

Momto2cs
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM
I agree! The wf tomato basil is definitely a good start! A little meat, garlic and Italian seasoning and it is great on the miracle noodles.
It is kind of pinky red, but we liked it too.

glomor
02-01-2012, 11:37 PM

I had a week recently where I gained a pound. It was interesting because I really hadn't done anything differently than usual. But the week prior to that I had lost 5 pounds and the week after the gain I lost 3, so I guess is what just one of those flukes--a leveling off or something. When I stall like that, I just tell myself I'm in this for the long haul--a marathon, not a sprint. Hang in there! :)

glomor
02-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Great weigh-in today--2 more pounds gone! WooooHoooo!! :carrot:

100poundfreeway
02-01-2012, 11:44 PM

That is awesome!! I just started but my 19 mon. old and hubby have been eyeing my yummy salads and been jelouse :) it make it easier! Daughter thinks it's supper funny to eat all her veggies and then start stealing mine! It's great that this can encourage our children to be healthier too at any age! Great nsv!

ICanLoseItThisTime
02-01-2012, 11:57 PM
I had a week recently where I gained a pound. It was interesting because I really hadn't done anything differently than usual. But the week prior to that I had lost 5 pounds and the week after the gain I lost 3, so I guess is what just one of those flukes--a leveling off or something. When I stall like that, I just tell myself I'm in this for the long haul--a marathon, not a sprint. Hang in there! :)

Well it is nice to hear that something similar happened to someone doing the same thing I am. I know it was silly to just break down, but with TOM it was just so depressing! And I have consistantly had good losses, and it makes me feel better to know that with your before and after week you still lost an average of 2 and a quarter? lbs each of those weeks. And you are right about the long haul, I need to stop focusing so much on each individual weight loss and more on the big picture and the averaging :) Thank you :)

and the fluke thing makes me realize we really can only control our bodies so much, sometimes, our body is going to do, whatever the heck it wants to do!

tenniels
02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Don't kill yourself! Ease back into it! And try to have a restricted bar. I didn't do this before, but now that I do I feel like I have more energy reserves.

And drink, drink drink. If you cramp up add another potassium.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the advice :) I don't have any bars, but I have some restricted puffs, I will try that tomorrow. I will try and pick up a couple bars to have for next weeks classes. Thanks momto2cs :carrot:

alaskastarr
02-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Hi everyone..I just got caught up with the last few days msgs. Sadly I (and my whole family) have been sick with that icky stomach bug :barf: I wasn't able to drink or eat anything for the past 36 hours except for two of the blueberry/cranberry/pomegranate drinks slowly. Can anyone tell me if this has put me out of ketosis? Will I (and my hubby) have to wait to get back into ketosis? I am still not back to 100% yet :( I feel weak and can't move too much without getting dizzy and off. That could possibly be from lack of electrolytes right? I was advised the BRAT diet, but none of that stuff is on this program so I am trying to do the best I can with what I have....can anyone give a little input and help me please?

Can anyone tell me if I was put out of ketosis???? please? I haven't been able to eat a whole lot today either, but managed to get in some protein and a few kale chips (for the salt to settle my tummy)

tenniels
02-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Can anyone tell me if I was put out of ketosis???? please? I haven't been able to eat a whole lot today either, but managed to get in some protein and a few kale chips (for the salt to settle my tummy)

If you haven't consumed any carbohydrates or sugars I'd say you'd still be in ketosis. Your body is probably starving though because this diet is low calorie enough, minus not being able to keep much down. I would suggest getting down what you can, and maybe making some broth with McCormicks boullion cubes or something. They have a really nice flavor. Bottom line, when you're not consuming a certain level of carbs, your body is in ketosis. If you really want to check, you can buy Ketostix at the pharmacy (about $8 for 50 sticks) and pass it through your urine to tell you.

Shemsham
02-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Tried the orange drink and the vanilla drink mixed together and wow yum! I drank half and then put the other half in freezer for a couple hours and it froze almost exactly like those little orange vanilla ice-cream cups :)

~Tammy

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 08:14 AM
This sounds really good! So I'm gathring the baking powder is okay? I have not seen that any place, does it not have any carbs?

Mine says 0/0/0 and my Dr. and coach both use it also, so I've been using it :)

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 08:16 AM
So check this out. Yesterday I'm in the local Kroger supermarket looking for some Walden Foods salad dressing when I stumble upon a product of theirs that I hadn't heard of. Tomato Basil pasta sauce... I look at the bottle and it says the typical 0/0/0 on it. I snag a bottle and take it home. Now my coach allows me to have shiratake noodles so I picked up a bag of the ones that have soy added for texture. I find regular shiratake noodles to be too rubbery for my taste. So I made pasta with extra lean meatballs and WF pasta sauce. When I opened the sauce it had a smell very similar to the WF ketchup. I took some effort but with seasoning and doctoring up (Crushed red peppers, fresh basil and more) I got it to taste like honest to goodness pasta. If I ever get time I'll write up the recipe but if you know how to make pasta it's not rocket science. I'd say it's very good if you season it up right. Just wanted to share...

Here it is with zucchini ribbon "noodles." I really like using this sauce!

SomedayBubblySomeday
02-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Congrats too all of the WI's today ....outstanding jobs.....and WOOHOO to the NSV's.....the more the merrier right? everyday is a new and fun experience. Bubbly thanks for sharing your inventions with us, always nice to have variety that is for sure! It's been a long day here, I haven't been around much. I stayed in meetings most of the day which is very unusual for me! Glad to see everyone made it through the day!

And, thank you for all of your help here--especially with finding that dumplings recipe for me--once I figure out mac & cheese, I will post it! :)