Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default *~~February Chat!~~*

Hey everyone!

Here's the chat thread for this month. For any newcomers, just pop in and say hello and tell us what you're up to/how your weight loss is going - anything you so desire!

I'll post tomorrow with more details about my JET interview!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Can I just say: February?? Already??

Figured I would just post here...

Rainbow - glad you're feeling better. I feel ya on the sick bit, it sucks. You had a "cheat" day, I wouldn't worry too much about those calories either seeing as you're already back on track. I'm jealous of your second 3-day weekend coming up!

Quiet - I love, love, love going to shows in general but NYC? Awesome!

I weighed in at 182 this morning, yay! Lowest weight in almost a year. I was hovering around 190 this summer, up from 178 in January 2011. I'm happy it's going down at least. I'll be really happy to just get under 175 in the first half of the year.

I haven't gone to the gym since Sunday but I have to get to bed early tonight and pack the gym bag before bed to avoid excuses. I told myself this morning that I would just go tonight, but I got home from the office at 7:30 and there was no way I could convince myself to go to back out in a snowstorm

Happy hump day tomorrow everyone!
teamcoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Riestrella You've had the interview? Tell us how it went!!

teamcoco Congrats on the lowest weight in nearly a year, that is great! Don't feel too bad about the exercise, sometimes we need a bit of time off - but good on you for packing the gym bag in advance!!

~Woke up this morning and felt like my throat was barely open, have had difficulty eating all day (had to drink water after EVERY mouthful) so I sucked it up and went to the doctor. I have a fever and some sort of viral infection. Bleh. I have some gargle, some pain stuff and also some antibiotics. DUMB.

Boyfriend and I are looking for a place to rent at the moment and it's difficult, everyone seems to be looking and people are showing up with bond money and such on the spot at the viewings to secure a place! I feel like it's going to be hard!

Back on track with eating this week but can't really exercise with constricted shut up throat... so I'm just taking it easy and keeping calories low.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #4  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

coco: congrats! Awesome . And going to the gym in the morning would just not happen with me at all... lol. So goodluck on that!

rainbouwstripe: I hope you feel better soon! Where are you looking for a place to rent? I know nothing about New Zealand but I', sure you guys have a housing-crisis just like the rest of the world has?

--
I have to work at 10pm tonight, and I have to figure out a way to still do all my exercise and save up my calories so I have some energy left bij then. So far my strategy has been to do near to nothing on days I have to work half a nightshift, but then I can barely exercise. Any tips are welcome!

Last edited by philana; 02-01-2012 at 03:20 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!

My interview went...meh. Honestly? I think I messed it up. When I get nervous I tend to get quite chatty and I missed a lot of things that I wanted to say. On the positive side I did get a lot of points in there, I feel that I communicated that I know enough about to Japan and have a really passion for it to live and work there. I messed up on bigging up England though, the questions about the UK I just failed at, I even waffled on so much I forgot the question I was supposed to be answering =(. Sometimes they would start scribbling away when I said something, and at one point I made them laugh when talking about my dissertation and how ridiculous American remakes of Japanese films can be - so I hope I made a good impression.

The ex-JET who I spoke to before and after the interview said not to worry, they'll be looking for a variety of people since I said I was concerned maybe I didn't come across as professional enough. So I'm hoping he's right. I made sure I was really nice to him, since it wasn't technically the interview but he still would have had an opinion.

So all in all, I think it just went ok. I could have done a lot better but I could have done a lot worse. It was all over in 15 minutes, which is nothing when you REALLY want to communicate how badly you want the job. Honestly I'm not keeping my hopes up, I've pretty much accepted that I haven't got it and I'm applying to Interac now. But who knows.

I was quite upset when I came out, so I hung out with my friend in the evening. On the train ride home and after talking to her I realised I didn't do as badly as I initially thought, but still got angry at myself for certain things I missed out that I really wanted to say. Maybe I was just overly prepared? But she took me on a surprise trip to get ice cream, then since I hadn't had dinner I got a 6" from Subway with water (was good and didn't go for soda!) and this morning I actually lost weight! I'm down to 157 lbs =D. So that's something to be happy about.

Right now while I do feel disappointed I'm trying to refocus my energies on getting back to the real world, I feel like I became a bit of a hermit while I was preparing for the interview and now I can look forward to my holiday to see the boyfriend! Just NINE DAYS TO GO!

Also, on a bit of a side note, the boyfriend is quitting his job because he's fed up with it (long story but it's a good idea) and his last shift is the day before I get there. He said he wanted to go on a drinking spree, drink before, during and after his shift. I responded by saying I was a bit concerned that he might be hungover for when I get there, and I really didn't want him to be tired and sluggish since he'll be driving to get me and also I want him to be alive when I see him! I don't want to tell him not to drink or have fun, I just wanted him to be aware to not get absolutely wrecked so he's sick the next day. What do you guys think? I've not seen him in 7 months, I would hate for him to be all groggy and throwing up when I see him for the first time...

Anywho, that was a big one!

coco - Yes! February! Crazy sauce. Congrats on your loss! I love hitting those milestones =). And yes, you go to the gym and you rock it!

rainbow - Go easy on yourself while your sick! I'm sorry you've got an infection =(. Yeah, house hunting is AWFUL. I've only had to do it once but I'm going to hate doing it again! I'm sure you'll find something =)

philana - I'm not quite sure I understand your job/time restraints. I know there was a thread posted here not too long about about night time workers though, maybe you could look there?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/110

Height: 4ft 11inches

Hey Everyone Happy Tuesday!!!

So I woke up this morning all bloated and in immense pain... Yup TOM is here and im up to 220lbs this morning from 218 yesterday crappy but I joined the 90 day exercise challenge so I have to stay motivated... I went for my 2km walk this morning with my son and then took him to the park and we played for a half hour...l had to take advantage of the 50 degree weather we are having at the beginning of February )

On a side note I kinda fell off the wagon in January after my birthday... I gained a couple lbs and never could get it back off so i got frustrated and angry and kinda gave up by the end of the month so heres to a new start this month and not giving up....

Riestrella Im sure you did better then you think... if you made them laugh thats a good sign... shows you have a sense of humor at least... and im sure they knew you were nervous and if you knew most of the information it shows your really trying and want it right?? Im sure everything will be fine.... and after reading your post it got me hungry for a sub!! hahaha I used to work at MR Sub before I went on maternity leave and I totally miss being able to have a sub whenever I want!!! im totally hungry now just thinking about it -_- but anyways im rambling great that your down! yay! Good for your bf if he was unhappy with his job... but ya perhaps drinking in moderation is key?? I wouldnt want a hungover or still drunk bf when i came to see him for the first time in 7 months either lol Maybe a compromise?? he can drink in moderation and when you get there you two can go out and have a couple drinks together??? just set aside calories for it??

rainbow hope your feeling better soon..... dont overdo yourself might make it worse if you push yourself...
candice1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #7  
Instagram SWEET_MARIE27

S/C/G: 222/211.4/160

Height: 5'3

I cant believe January is gone and although I did not hit my goal, I still manage to lose 10 lbs. I booked our trip to Playa del Carmen for spring break so I have 41 days to lose as much as I can to look good on the beach.

I hope all you ladies hit your goals and remember take it one day at a time. have a wonderful and happy February!
Dulo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Riestrella: Thanks for starting the new chat! I'm sure the interview went better than you thought. I'll never forget the time I was interviewing and they wanted me to tell a joke...the ONLY joke I could think of was a dirty one! So embarrassing.
NINE days?!?!?! Oh.my.goodness I am so excited for you! Hope the trip is wonderful and everything you want it to be.
I think you bring up really good points as to why the boyfriend shouldn't get plastered just before you arrive. Also...drinking at work? Doesn't seem like the best idea, even if he is quitting.

Kawaii Sorry you were bothered by the lack of personals, and that you've been having a rough time. Will make it a February goal to do better with personals. Are things any better?

teamcoco Ohmygosh I know! Can't believe it's already Feb!
Yes, I'm excited about NYC. It's just a train ride away for me.
I have a hard time exercising at night too. When i get home I just want to slip into PJs and get cozy!

rainbow Oh no! Feel better. I'm sorry you're so sick! Apartment hunting is difficult. Good luck searching!

philana would an afternoon nap help with the evening shift? Followed by a short burst of cardio?

candice Eww....TOM is awful. Mine is coming up soon and my weight is jumping around like crazy. They say exercise helps with the pain, so hopefully the walk and playground time will help you out!

dulo 10 pounds is awesome! Congrats! Don't beat yourself up on the past. Just move forward.

I was able to leave work early yesterday AND I get to come in a little late tomorrow! So that rocks. It was a huge perk yesterday because that extra 45minutes meant I could go to the grocery store before class started.

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 02-01-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Rie ~ Well done on the JET interview. We're always the hardest on ourselves and you may just have done brilliantly, even though you don't feel that you did. You have a love and passion for the country and I'm sure that shines through. I agree w. former JET-ter: they're looking for all different types.

Re: seeing the bf - Yay! for a holiday AND getting to see the boy!!! At this point, maybe just communicate how much you care about him and his feelings. You're supportive about him taking this step in his life and just want to be present for him however you can. If he feels like he has your unconditional support, then maybe he will feel less of a need to drink? Just throwing it out there.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post
Riestrella: Thanks for starting the new chat! I'm sure the interview went better than you thought. I'll never forget the time I was interviewing and they wanted me to tell a joke...the ONLY joke I could think of was a dirty one! So embarrassing.
NINE days?!?!?! Oh.my.goodness I am so excited for you! Hope the trip is wonderful and everything you want it to be.
I think you bring up really good points as to why the boyfriend shouldn't get plastered just before you arrive. Also...drinking at work? Doesn't seem like the best idea, even if he is quitting.

Kawaii Sorry you were bothered by the lack of personals, and that you've been having a rough time. Will make it a February goal to do better with personals. Are things any better?

teamcoco Ohmygosh I know! Can't believe it's already Feb!
Yes, I'm excited about NYC. It's just a train ride away for me.
I have a hard time exercising at night too. When i get home I just want to slip into PJs and get cozy!

rainbow Oh no! Feel better. I'm sorry you're so sick! Apartment hunting is difficult. Good luck searching!

philana would an afternoon nap help with the evening shift? Followed by a short burst of cardio?

candice Eww....TOM is awful. Mine is coming up soon and my weight is jumping around like crazy. They say exercise helps with the pain, so hopefully the walk and playground time will help you out!

dulo 10 pounds is awesome! Congrats! Don't beat yourself up on the past. Just move forward.

I was able to leave work early yesterday AND I get to come in a little late tomorrow! So that rocks. It was a huge perk yesterday because that extra 45minutes meant I could go to the grocery store before class started.
Im usually in so much pain that I cant move.... and exercise and water dont usually help out at all.... so Im just happy I made it out of bed at all today.... I dont even know how to explain the cramp pain I get except to say it hurts more then when I gave birth to my son.... Ive already been to the doctor in case something was wrong ... there isnt... just full off eggs as he says so when TOM comes theres just a lot of pressure?? if that makes sense... so he gives me T3s enough for a yr at a time.... im allowed only 2 a month so I usually take them the third and fourth day when its at its worse.... but im still drinking water like crazy and moving as much as I can...
Old 02-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #11  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Ahh Feb already!
I'm always nervous to jump into these chats because I usually don't have a lot of spare time on here to get into everyones personals.

Riestrella If you're anything like me you're freaking out over the littlest things! I'm sure it wasn't that bad, because what I perceive to be bad someone else has told me it went wonderfully. Fingers crossed for you still!

rainbow I'm sorry your'e sick! Hope you feel better soon

Quiet I'm with you! I got out of school early today, and don't have to go in till 12:30 tomorrow so I have lots of time to go to the gym! I love it. Though I probably should spend it studying for midterms... shhh.

candice I'm sorry to hear about TOM! I used to get really bad cramps when I was younger. My doctor put me on the pill just to help them a little. They can still get fairly bad and it's hard to get myself up and moving but once I do I feel a lot better.

I feel like I don't have anything new and exciting going on in my life. I just go to school, and the gym. My mom has been in the hospital for 2 weeks, and just got out today so that took a lot of stress away because I wasn't getting any homework done because I was spending all my free time at the hospital. My friend that I posted about before is still ignoring me - actually she won't even acknowledge my existence anymore... which is uncomfortable because our lockers are beside each other. She said I'm too negative. Which I was upset about, but then I realized a best friend would have been supportive during my "negative" period when I had temporary custody of a 6 year old, and dealing with 8 classes. /end rant!

Last edited by torito; 02-01-2012 at 03:05 PM.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #12  

torito im on the pill and it helps a little bit but its still unbearable some days... glad I have the T3s....

Sorry to hear about your mom... I hope everything is okay now? and that really sucks about your friend...your right she should have been there for you in your hard time... sometimes friends just suck and dont know how to be good friends... Dont let her get you down stressing over someone who cant give you the time of day isnt healthy for you and could be keeping the lbs on or at least explain any fluctuations... i know it does for me... when I stress out hardcore my weight goes back and forth 20lbs!!! Hopefully one day shell come around and see what she did wrong and will want to be friends and appologize to you
Old 02-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Life is crazy in Indianapolis right now with all of the Super Bowl madness! Pretty cool to be a part of it all but driving has been a bit tricky.

I finally got my New Rules of Lifting for Women book in the mail and just started reading it! I just want to get through it all so I can give the program a try.

I have an infection on my left temple. It almost looks like an infected blemish. It is casuing the underneath of my left eye to swell. Hideous. I went to the doc today for meds. PLEASE let them work ASAP. I took the day off work to rest. Hopefully I'll be good to go now!

Promise to catch up on personals later
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

stronger: hey! isn’t it weird how our bodies react to sugar after eating healthy for a while?! it’s nuts! hope you feel better though… when is school ending for you? hang in there! and 9lbs?! you go girl!!! yeah, I didn’t really think of it as “falling off”… I try to not beat myself up if I eat off plan and just keep going. I realize now this is a long journey and I better take it slow and not beat myself up… it’s hard to stop thinking in terms off “falling off the wagon” and “getting back on” though… Hmm… that sounds interesting! for some reason I really enjoy reading those kinda “self-help” books…. although now I think I probably need one called “how to not be a pushy and paranoid girlfriend”… but that’s another matter all together… lol.

teamcoco: yes! February! omg! I can’t believe in 2 months I won’t live here anymore… insanity! good luck on getting yourself back in the gym… and congrats on that loss! we’re around the same weight range, so I’m also hopping to see 175 for spring!

Rainbow: feel better! I hope you could take time off from work… good luck on the apartment-hunting! I know firsthand how tough that can be!

Rie: aww… well, JET interviewers are notorious for making you feel stressed out (and just being generally horrible) so keep your hopes up!! they scribble a lot because they are grading you… you get points for every question you answer, and basically, they add up your points at the end. them scribbling a lot means nothing good or bad. talking to the ex-JET before and after was definitely a plus! did they ask you to do a demo lesson? anyhoo… congrats on the loss, and yay for icecream! (shouldn’t say that in here though… lol.) and omg, 9 days! ^_^ oh and I think it’s totally fair to ask him to not completely wreck himself the day before you show up. tell him you guys can celebrate and get smashed together when you get there! that’s a nice compromise, no?

Candice: well done getting your walk in even with TOM around! I can’t believe it’s so warm over there! here it’s freezing and it even snowed today!! and it almost never snows where I live so the kids were freaking out in class and it was impossible to get them to do anything! lol. here’s to a new start! we’re with you!

Dulo: 10lbs is an awesome loss for a month! and yay, trip!! ^_^

Ballerina: eheh, that was just my little 5y.o. rant… have attention issues… and these days the boyfriend hasn’t been addressing them as well as he normally does, so I was cranky! lol. also I’d had a pretty **** day… things are ok now how bout you? yay for time off work! how did that come about?

Torito: hiya! sorry to hear about your friend but yay for your mom being out of the hospital! now you can focus on yourself! what are you studying?

Linds: how’s the book? aww… sucks about your eye! hope it goes away soon!

Heyooo~! Here I am! I’m super busy today, but I got a lot of news so I really wanted to come post here! first of all, I worked out last night (did 30DS) for the first time in, legit, over 6 months… and GOD IT WAS PAINFUL!!! omg… I don’t think I ever did so badly… at one point, it hurt to even just bend my legs! that’s never happened before! I guess it shows how out of shape I am… BUT! I did it!

my second thing is that I weighed in this morning, and after two weeks of unmoving 82.0kg… I got 81.2!!! which is 179.something! omg! under 180! *does a little dance*. pretty happy about that.

my third thing is that I ordered some make-up palettes from Coastal Scents and they came in yesterday! and omg, so many colors!!! I was like a kid in a candy store! you shoulda seen my face…

oh and things are going underway for me and the boy to buy our tix to Canada so I’m excited!! we found some that were cheaper than expected too, so that’s really good. the only thing is, like I mentioned before, I’m a bit cranky at him atm cuz he seems to be replying to me more carelessly these days. I dunno. maybe he’s just busy or tired… I know… or maybe it’s just that after 3 months together he feels like he doesn’t have to try that hard, but it makes me kinda sad cuz he was always the king of adorable “I miss you” text messages… meh. I guess I’m a dork. I’m also cranky he’s not coming over this weekend when he said he would… I know it’s not his fault he has to work, but still. aaah, anyways, you guys don’t need to hear about my (non-diet-related) insecurities!

hope everyone’s having a good Thursday. week’s almost over!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

philana I'm in the biggest city in New Zealand, Auckland, which apparently is having a rental "crisis" at the moment. Everyone wants a place but they all want to live centrally and there aren't enough places centrally. I have my fingers and toes crossed though! I hope you worked out the schedule of your day, sounds like you're super busy!

Riestrella I'm sure you did better than you think. The problem with interviews, regardless of what they're for, is you always think of the best things that you want to say before and after the interview, and then nerves and excitement get in the way during. If you came off as positive, I think that's the main thing. Sorry you felt you didn't do as well but you did your best at the time and I'm sure it's ok! If it's meant to be it will happen, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

candice Sorry to hear about the wagon-falling! It's good that you're back and ready to go though. Dumb TOM stuff, hopefully it passes soon. Thanks for the well wishes!

quietballerina Thanks for the luck and the well wishes! Yay for finishing early and starting late - lucky!!

torito I hope your mom is doing better now. Sorry to hear about your friend problem - sounds like she might be a little oblivious to the stuff you've got going on. Is there any way that you can organise something fun for yourself? Even if it's just something small, just some time to yourself that isn't class or the gym? Sounds like you may need it

Linds Infection sounds annoying!! My sister is planning a Superbowl lunch - which is ridiculous, given the country that we live in and the fact it may not even be showing on tv.... haha.

Kawaii Congrats on being below 180!! Go you! Also your makeup excites me.. I keep wanting buy new things, I have been thinking about making an order from ASOS...clothes, shoes, bags - but I can't really afford to (or at least shouldn't be frivolously spending money!). Yay for trip to Canada too. Also with the boy thing, I think that's (unfortunately) how it usually goes mostly, people get comfortable and they don't do the same things they did in the initial stages of the relationship. Bleh. Silly boys. But he still sounds like a good one.

~Super quick from me. Throat is feeling a bit better, still trying to decide whether or not I should start the antibiotics. Doing well with calories but still no loss. Tomorrow my whole office is getting fish and chips for lunch - I can't really say no because it's a team activity, so I'm just going to have to cope.

Tonight I'm just relaxing a bit as I have a feeling the weekend could be pretty full on. We have another holiday here on Monday, so it's another 3 day weekend. I am SO glad it's Friday tomorrow! This week has been stressful at work, so much to do!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote