Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/31/11

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/31/11

wuv2bloved
01-31-2012, 02:01 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Lilmink
01-31-2012, 02:09 AM
It's not yet Tuesday where I live, but I didn't want to get lost in the tail end of a thread :)

Today I had the most interesting conversation with my "coach". Another week of 100% OP and a 1.5lb loss, which is a record high for me. She even read through my food journal and gave me a 100%. She said there really wasn't much we could do to speed things up. But sometimes when she moves people to phase 2 they start losing faster. So even though I'm only starting my 5th week, I'm now on phase 2!?! We are going to try it for 2 weeks and see if it shakes things up. So no more omelet packet, but 2 eggs instead AND now unlimited salad is ok, whereas before it was 2 cups of my veggie allotment. I'm mostly excited about lettuce (as previously mentioned, I love, love, love my veggies and find 2 cups of lettuce per day not to be nearly enough to eat or to move things along, if you know what I mean. I live in California and we have the BEST fresh veggies here! Nom nom nom!)

She said that sometimes people who are moving all day and expending a lot of energy need the extra 100 or so calories and that maybe I'm currently on the edge of starvation mode. But the 4th packet was always advised against?? Very interesting. I'm pretty psyched and optimistic and thrilled that I'm saving $30 per week if this really works!

Fingers crossed!

salmongirl
01-31-2012, 02:12 AM
It's not yet Tuesday where I live, but I didn't want to get lost in the tail end of a thread :)

Today I had the most interesting conversation with my "coach". Another week of 100% OP and a 1.5lb loss, which is a record high for me. She even read through my food journal and gave me a 100%. She said there really wasn't much we could do to speed things up. But sometimes when she moves people to phase 2 they start losing faster. So even though I'm only starting my 5th week, I'm now on phase 2!?! We are going to try it for 2 weeks and see if it shakes things up. So no more omelet packet, but 2 eggs instead AND now unlimited salad is ok, whereas before it was 2 cups of my veggie allotment. I'm mostly excited about lettuce (as previously mentioned, I love, love, love my veggies and find 2 cups of lettuce per day not to be nearly enough to eat or to move things along, if you know what I mean. I live in California and we have the BEST fresh veggies here! Nom nom nom!)

She said that sometimes people who are moving all day and expending a lot of energy need the extra 100 or so calories and that maybe I'm currently on the edge of starvation mode. But the 4th packet was always advised against?? Very interesting. I'm pretty psyched and optimistic and thrilled that I'm saving $30 per week if this really works!

Fingers crossed!

I hope that works for you I cannot imagine how hard it is for you to stick with this with small weight losses. But you are impressive with your stick to it ness! Good will come of this!

salmongirl
01-31-2012, 02:13 AM
Okay I clearly stayed up too late working on my project because tomorrow's thread is here! Happy tuesday! I go in for my WI tomorrow and feel pretty good about it. Loving this diet!

bikiniboy
01-31-2012, 03:07 AM

Fingers crossed!

lilmink... which clinic do you go to for your ideal protein. I've read some of your postings and it doesn't seem like your coach or coaches are doing a good for you. You might be best suited to move to a different office or coach.... My coach did wonders for me... If you are in san francisco i would suggest you give him a call....

Lilmink
01-31-2012, 03:10 AM
Hey BikiniBoy, how do I PM you? (edit:I just looked it up and I'm 2 posts away from being able to PM, and you are even further. argh.)

Linden
01-31-2012, 03:20 AM
. . . now unlimited salad is ok, whereas before it was 2 cups of my veggie allotment.

I've read this about 5 times and I can't see how to interpret it any other way than to understand that your were only getting 2 cups of vegetables a day? And only 2 cups of salad? But this can't be right. Right?

bikiniboy
01-31-2012, 03:59 AM
lilmink you can email me at

Linden
01-31-2012, 04:41 AM
lilmink you can email me at danwitherman@yahoo.com

NO NO NO. Please delete your e-mail address. You're going to get a TON OF SPAM.

idealpromom
01-31-2012, 07:24 AM

Fingers crossed!

hi there
maybe it is early and I am reading it wrong...... but lettuce in phase 2 is part of your 2 c allotment??? I was under the impression lettuce was unlimited...

rissimo
01-31-2012, 08:05 AM

Fingers crossed!

Lettuce is unlimted, it is not considered part of your vegtable intake. You should be getting 4 cups of vegtables a day.

Good Morning IPeeps:
Weigh in # 11 and anohter 1.4 pounds gone for good!!!!:dance:Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE this plan? It has been so very easy to stick to. And I really am loving seeing the scale go down each week. Even with the small losses!! A loss is a loss no matter how big or small!

Lilmink
01-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Dan - Delete your email!! I have it and will shoot you a note.

I've read this about 5 times and I can't see how to interpret it any other way than to understand that your were only getting 2 cups of vegetables a day? And only 2 cups of salad? But this can't be right. Right?

2 cups per meal!! Four per day! No worries. But yes, I was told only iceberg was unlimited. Now I'm happily going to be enjoying Romaine, Red leaf, Green leaf and my favorite, butter lettuce. Yay! :D

Ducksmy
01-31-2012, 08:19 AM
Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Wishing you all love , laughter, and smiles! Of course may everyone have an OP day! :heart:

chihuahuanut
01-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Good morning all - I've been lurking here for several days now, such great information and support!

My name is Nathalie and I started IP just this morning. A few of my co workers are doing it/have done it with great success so I thought I'd give it a try. I have about 15 pounds to lose, weighed in yesterday but I prefer to wait a few weeks to see my weight. Otherwise, I get 'stuck' on the numbers and I prefer to just focus on my food intake, how I'm feeling and most importantly, how my clothes fit!

I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and do love that program, lost 23 pounds last year to reach my goal but have put on somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds over the past few months (Christmas didn't help one bit!). As a sugar addict, I'm hoping IP will help me kick that - or at least bring my intake down to a dull roar!

For now, I'll continue to lurk, post and scour this board for helpful info. I am looking to find an alternative to the IP food as I find the cost a bit of an issue - I can swing it, but why should I when there are alternatives at lower prices?! I live in Ottawa, Canada and saw something at my local Walmart the other night that has very similar nutrition info as the IP shakes (need to go back and compare exactly). I see there are tons of alternatives available in the States, not as much here in Canada.

Wishing everyone a successful and wonderful day!

sandralosingweight
01-31-2012, 08:30 AM

Fingers crossed!

Hello,

I'm not quite sure why each coach says different thing about this protocol, I mean it is written clearly on the IP sheet that lettuce is unlimited and yet your coach is limiting you to two cups of lettuce!

Furthermore, many people gain a little bit when they go to phase 2, some still lose though, so I hope it will work out for you.

sandralosingweight
01-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone,

Hope everybody will be having a better day than mine: bronchitis + antibiotics that give me diarrhea + TOM = fun fun fun :(

NavyMommy
01-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Good morning!!

Congrats on the WI this morning!!

Sandra - Hope you're feeling better soon!! Antibiotics are nasty stuff! My son is just finishing up a round and poor little man has been miserable with diaper rash. Are you taking a probiotic? That tends to help your stomach bounce back faster.

I'm up bright and early with a busy busy 2 days ahead of me. I looked at my planner and just saw solid ink. Sometimes I wish I could clone myself for a little while and be in two places at once. I'm going to be on the run that's for sure!! I just ordered a month of IP / Alternative hybrids :) I can't wait to get them in, I'm going to wait until Monday and stick with only alternatives until then so I can see if it affects my numbers. Going to be hard though, I LOVE my Raspberry Jelly!

Oh, and for any other Keurig users out there, the Golden French Toast is wonderful!! I just got mine in yesterday and had a cup for breakfast. Yum!! I'm also a big fan of the Wild Mountain Blueberry (even though it sounds strange IMO), but don't waste your time on the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. Something about it, maybe the overly artificial raspberry taste overwhelms the whole thing. Anyone else have a favorite flavor I need to try?

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

ipsbest4me
01-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone,

Hope everybody will be having a better day than mine: bronchitis + antibiotics that give me diarrhea + TOM = fun fun fun :(

Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day here in central Alberta and I'm very excited for my first WI today.

sandralosingweight, you might want to consider taking a probiotic while on the antibiotic (2 hours apart). It may help with the diarrhea. Sounds like you're having a miserable time and hope you feel better very soon.

pegv
01-31-2012, 09:07 AM

Fingers crossed!

My coach started me on the Novi-Cleanse to see if this will increase my weight loss. I also have a slow weight loss but at least it is a loss! Good luck going to phase 2. My problem is being able to eat all of the veggies and salads on the diet but I make myself eat it. I have never been a salad lover, so this was new to me. I bought some Olive Oil with Garlic and put this in my salad, it made a big difference and was able to go down much easier.

sandralosingweight
01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Hello,

Yes I am taking a probiotic, luckily my mom had a box of probiotics that she gave to me.

The cough is bothering me a lot and still ever muscle is hurting me, but I think I should be fine soon.

Luckily, all this did not affect my being 100% OP.

MustangMolly
01-31-2012, 09:20 AM
My coach started me on the Novi-Cleanse to see if this will increase my weight loss. I also have a slow weight loss but at least it is a loss! Good luck going to phase 2. My problem is being able to eat all of the veggies and salads on the diet but I make myself eat it. I have never been a salad lover, so this was new to me. I bought some Olive Oil with Garlic and put this in my salad, it made a big difference and was able to go down much easier.

Just my opinion here and we all know about opinions! LOL....anyway, I don't think putting you on Novi-cleanse to increase your weight loss is good plan management. Please correct me if I am wrong...but isn't the novi-cleanse like a laxative? Once you eliminate all the waste in your bowels you will slowly start to add back that weight as it is not normal to completely evacauate your bowels on a regular basis. I think a good cleanse once in a while is good, but if that is what your coach is relying upon to generate your weight loss I would be a bit wary. Again, just my opinion.

On a side note: for those of you struggling with the big C, epsom salts is a great laxative. It is inexpensive and you don't need to take much.

parislady40
01-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Good Morning all!! I am totally a newbie. My daughter started IP last year and she looks and feels amazing!! She is my incentive right there. I have 40 pounds to lose. I am doing this because I just have to feel healthy again. I do see so many people that say that this is unhealthy for whatever reason. Certainly being overweight with all the health issues, seen and unseen, is not healthy either. As I said, I have been watching my daughter. I am super excited. I am just getting started on 3fatchicks, so any suggestions as to where to go thread wise on a daily basis, will be appreciated!!

pegv
01-31-2012, 09:37 AM
The coach said after 4 weeks of being on the program, you are advised in doing this cleanse. I don't have any problems with constipation. This is 3 different bottles, 1 each for your kidneys, liver and colon. Has anyone else done this Nova Cleanse ?

mtnsun4
01-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Good morning all! Feeling good this morning.....saw the scale move a tiny bit this morning so I know things are now starting to move this week. Trying not to be psycho about the scale.

Also looking forward to my lunch time walk with a co-worker. She came to my office yesterday and said, "are you counting calories"? I said I was doing something for my weight loss and she said "well, you want to walk with me at lunch?" I was so happy to be asked, because now I have a lunch walking buddy!

Have a great day everyone!

Ishbel
01-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Hello,

Yes I am taking a probiotic, luckily my mom had a box of probiotics that she gave to me.

The cough is bothering me a lot and still ever muscle is hurting me, but I think I should be fine soon.

Luckily, all this did not affect my being 100% OP.

Sandra, I'm so PROUD of you sticking to it, it says a lot about your determination! I'm sending you 'get better' thoughts!!

:hug:

New Englander
01-31-2012, 09:48 AM
I am heading to a retirement event (i.e. party at a pub) today and am so excited to put on my smaller clothes! I won't care that I can't' have drinks or apps (or even the yellow cake, with better cream frosting and strawberries...mmmmmm)...I'll have all that in the near future...just not today!!!

New Englander
01-31-2012, 09:50 AM
The coach said after 4 weeks of being on the program, you are advised in doing this cleanse. I don't have any problems with constipation. This is 3 different bottles, 1 each for your kidneys, liver and colon. Has anyone else done this Nova Cleanse ?
Do a search for the cleanse under IP. There is a wealth of information. I'm not doing it. It's costly. My clinic only recommends it as a solution to the big C and Novi Lax worked for me... When I read through the threads on here about it it says ppl break out ('cause it's cleaning your system)...If you have the extra fazools I say go for it! :)

sandralosingweight
01-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Sandra, I'm so PROUD of you sticking to it, it says a lot about your determination! I'm sending you 'get better' thoughts!!

:hug:

Oh :) I can't tell you how much your enouragement is making an impact on my determination! I know it might sound as blah blah to some hearing me saying this, but I swear if it wasn't for the help I got in here, maybe I would have never gotten back to restart this program, cause believe me it is super duper hard no matters how much I wanted it. And this is why my advice to all newbies in here: don't ever cheat, it is just not worth it, I'm talking from experience in here.

sekc14
01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know the Ideal Program Alternative plan for diabetics? The IP plan that includes carbs nad keeps you from being in ketosis? I'm wondering what kind of weekly weight loss is expected? My coach said that if I want to start a significant exercise program that I could switch to Ideal Protein Plan 2. Is anyone familiar with it? Feedback? Opinions?

rissimo
01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know the Ideal Program Alternative plan for diabetics? The IP plan that includes carbs nad keeps you from being in ketosis? I'm wondering what kind of weekly weight loss is expected? My coach said that if I want to start a significant exercise program that I could switch to Ideal Protein Plan 2. Is anyone familiar with it? Feedback? Opinions?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases-4.html

The first post, these are what my husband is using

legacy7
01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi-my husband is losing slower than he wants-more like 2-3 pounds a week rather than the 7 they said he'd lose. That doesn't seem to be enough for him-he's looking good and feeling good-but sacrificing all the good food just doesn't seem to be worth it for this slower weight loss. We weigh in for week 4 today...any thoughts? What can I tell him?

bludolphin
01-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Good morning all hope everyone has a great day.

doublebaby
01-31-2012, 10:43 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases-4.html

The first post, these are what my husband is using

rissimo,
BTW, Love your new picture- you look great!
How is your husband doing on this plan? Is he still losing well on it with the extra carbs? Can you give an average even though it would be different for everyone? Is he finding it easy to stick with? If he was on the original IP that you are on and then went to this alternative plan was it bc he is diabetic and did he find that it really helped with low BS?
Sorry to bombard you with all of these questions. I have been dying to ask someone about this plan and if it really works as well for awhile and saw an opportunity. My husband gave up the original IP bc of his BS going too low.
Thanks

sarahmayhem
01-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to say hello! I don't have much free time anymore, so it looks like WI days are the only chance I'll get to post.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here before, but there's a new IP Product - MASHED POTATOES! Just picked up a few packages today. The coaches said they're delish! Really creamy with lots of herbs and spices! Sounds yummy!

Also, down 3.7lbs this week. It's amazing how well you lose when you're 100% on plan haha ;)

wuv2bloved
01-31-2012, 10:58 AM
Okay I clearly stayed up too late working on my project because tomorrow's thread is here! Happy tuesday! I go in for my WI tomorrow and feel pretty good about it. Loving this diet!

Salmongirl, I start the thread before I go to bed at midnight. I am in Mississippi, so its not midnight in some places but I want a place for the early risers to be able to post in the morning when they wake up!.

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning at 6am wide eyed and bushy tailed. Got up did my yoga, had my breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and not reading and listening to CMT. I have a little paperwork to do for work other than that its going to be an easy day :)

I came across this today and wanted to share it....

Chuckles1330
01-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Well, week 3 is well on it's way, and a good week so far. Once I get rid of the sore throat and congestion, it will be an even better week! Tonight, if my friends are up for it, I will rejoin my trivia team (Overworked and Underpants) for our weekly match. It is at an amazing pizza place and for the last two weeks I've said I just could not face that temptation! Well, now I'm armed and ready. I've printed the nutritional info for the restaurant and will build my own awesome salad, and enjoy the company of friends. I've eaten out a couple of times since starting the plan, but at places where I was easily able to make smart choices, and not be overly tempted.
Today is day 20 on the forum, and I'm really hoping I get my tracker today. That visual reminder will be awesome. I've also published both the 2013 lunar calendar for Kilimanjaro National Park, and a picture of Kilimanjaro and posted those in my work cubicle. When I need little incentive boost, I can look at those.
Have a great OP day everyone! :cheer:

kdspirited
01-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Ok so this week I am determined to get the scale moving again. I have been stalled for about 21/2 weeks with no weight loss infact the scale went up a couple of times and came back down with the same net loss. But nothing more. SO this week I am on an all unrestricted diet. I am taking a lot of water in and tons of greens. But I wont quit I just wont do it. I have 14 lbs to go and I know that I can make it happen whatever it takes

Jenboss
01-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Good morning,

WI #3 tonight and I am not very optomistic - I feel really 'puffy' - fingers, kinda bloated. Not sure why - as this is not the first time I have felt like this - I feel like I have had way too much salt - I am drinking my water quota. - anybody else have this problem? It's not related to TOM as this is not an issue for me. It seems to happen the day after any light to moderate exercise.

omgzitsmiranda
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Day 22 and going strong strong strong! Can't believe tomorrow is February & I can say that I've been OP for a whole MONTH! [not all IP, only 22 days on IP] but otherwise just calorie counting, but still OP for a whole MONTH! :)

Feeling more positive than I have been the last few days, ready to get this "job" [diet] done!

Resisted my favorite Chick-n-minis while my husband had some! They smelled delicious, not gonna lie; but I know they'll be there later! Progress much?!

Lilmink
01-31-2012, 12:21 PM

There are so many fun things you can do or dressings that make it have so much flavor. Try adding herbs and spices and mustard (use use 0/0/0 mustard and/or ground mustard seed) Make it with lemon, lime or both! Garlic, ginger, braggs amino acid (like soy sauce, but lighter). Mix in a blender using the acid (lemon, lime, cider vinegar, white vinegar) first, add your herbs and spices, and then add an equal amount of water, then add 1/2 amount in olive oil and whiz it up! Then pour it in to a mister and spray on your salad. Delish! I did a cilantro-lime-garlic dressing last night without oil that I used on shrimp (added chicken broth to the marinade), and then took part of it, added a little olive oil and added more water to thin it out and sprayed it on my salad. SO good.

Momto2cs
01-31-2012, 12:22 PM

Yes
I didn't like it. It did not improve weight loss for me, but I felt vaguely nautious the whole time.

Momto2cs
01-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Good morning all - I've been lurking here for several days now, such great information and support!

My name is Nathalie and I started IP just this morning. A few of my co workers are doing it/have done it with great success so I thought I'd give it a try. I have about 15 pounds to lose, weighed in yesterday but I prefer to wait a few weeks to see my weight. Otherwise, I get 'stuck' on the numbers and I prefer to just focus on my food intake, how I'm feeling and most importantly, how my clothes fit!

I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member and do love that program, lost 23 pounds last year to reach my goal but have put on somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds over the past few months (Christmas didn't help one bit!). As a sugar addict, I'm hoping IP will help me kick that - or at least bring my intake down to a dull roar!

For now, I'll continue to lurk, post and scour this board for helpful info. I am looking to find an alternative to the IP food as I find the cost a bit of an issue - I can swing it, but why should I when there are alternatives at lower prices?! I live in Ottawa, Canada and saw something at my local Walmart the other night that has very similar nutrition info as the IP shakes (need to go back and compare exactly). I see there are tons of alternatives available in the States, not as much here in Canada.

Wishing everyone a successful and wonderful day!

I have used both ip foods and alternative shakes and bars like those at Walmart,etc.

I can only say that I find the ip foods taste better and have more variety. If you aren't looking to lose a huge amount of weight than the cost of going to an ip clinic, weighing in, being measured, being held accountable (or at least having some fear of the weigh in) is worth every penny.

It's like the pre made foods. My dh is now doing ip and he wants the pudding cups and rtd shakes. I told him they were more expensive...he tolled his eyes and asked how much we were spending eating out before. He's right. The cost in not even close.

Good lunch. Ip is great if you stick to it! I could probably stay on phase 1 forever!

grassfedbeef
01-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Well, I didn't get the woosh overnight, so had my lowest weight loss to date.
I'm totally okay with it though. I lost 3 1/2 inches so that is awesome and it's another 1 1/2 pounds gone! Have a great OP day!

petsitter144
01-31-2012, 01:17 PM
not sure how to navigate this site, but i'm trying.....my husband and myself started the ip diet on sat....looks like ive only lost 4 lbs as to him loosing 13 so unfair..im feeling very discouraged. Im bloated constipated and feel like poop.MARSHA

chihuahuanut
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
I have used both ip foods and alternative shakes and bars like those at Walmart,etc.

I can only say that I find the ip foods taste better and have more variety. If you aren't looking to lose a huge amount of weight than the cost of going to an ip clinic, weighing in, being measured, being held accountable (or at least having some fear of the weigh in) is worth every penny.

It's like the pre made foods. My dh is now doing ip and he wants the pudding cups and rtd shakes. I told him they were more expensive...he tolled his eyes and asked how much we were spending eating out before. He's right. The cost in not even close.

Good lunch. Ip is great if you stick to it! I could probably stay on phase 1 forever!

Thanks Momto2cs. I really want to find an alternative for breakfast, had the RTD chocolate shake and that just isn't what I want to have first thing in the morning. Too chocolatey, too sweet. A coworker just gave me the mango drink which I think will be much better as a breakfast drink. I might pick up a few of the other IP products (the egg and cheese omelette sounds perfect for breakfast!) and see how they are. I 100% agree with you, if I stay OP I'll be within my grocery/eating out budget no worries. Again, just looking to see if there are alternative to keep me OP and below budget (if possible). Thanks

omgzitsmiranda
01-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks Momto2cs. I really want to find an alternative for breakfast, had the RTD chocolate shake and that just isn't what I want to have first thing in the morning. Too chocolatey, too sweet. A coworker just gave me the mango drink which I think will be much better as a breakfast drink. I might pick up a few of the other IP products (the egg and cheese omelette sounds perfect for breakfast!) and see how they are. I 100% agree with you, if I stay OP I'll be within my grocery/eating out budget no worries. Again, just looking to see if there are alternative to keep me OP and below budget (if possible). Thanks

Did you have the IP rtd chocolate shake? Or the alternative alternative?

TracyAWC
01-31-2012, 01:29 PM
After several days of no losses the scale started moving again...I figured out that I was ovulating so I must retain water both then and during TOM - I think I've gotten to know my body a little better throughout this process which I think is pretty cool. Hoping to hit goal within the week! Stay OP everyone - once you're in the zone it's not so hard!

Have a great day :)

DanafromAustin
Just back from WI and I lost 4 pounds this week and 3 1/2 inches which brings me to 60 pounds so far. I can't wait till my doctor appointment at the end of February. When I saw my doctor at the end of August she asked that I loose 20 pounds by this next appointment. I figure by my appointment I will have lost at least 70 pounds by then. Can't wait to see her expression, especially since she recommended this diet to me. She lost 60 pounds on it herself and recommends it to all of her overweight patients.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.

wuv2bloved
not sure how to navigate this site, but i'm trying.....my husband and myself started the ip diet on sat....looks like ive only lost 4 lbs as to him loosing 13 so unfair..im feeling very discouraged. Im bloated constipated and feel like poop.MARSHA

Guys LOSE FASTER...don't be discouraged!!....make sure you are drinking all of your water, eat your lettuce. Take your body weight, split it in half and that is how many ounces you are suppose to have. For example, I weigh 268 so I am suppose to drink 132oz but probably drink ore than that. I drink 4-5 liters a day, yes, I am always in the bathroom but I look at is as that is fat I am getting rid of :)

Once you investigate the site you will get familiar how to move around and find lots of stuff here that will help you out. Lots of information, recipes and tons of support :)

chihuahuanut
01-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Did you have the IP rtd chocolate shake? Or the alternative alternative?

Hi there - I had the IP one. I thought something chocolatey in the morning would be a real treat, but I don't like the taste of something that sweet that early in the morning.

I'm a 'gotta eat when I wake up or I'll throw up' person, I eat within 15 minutes of getting up at 5am. I'd love to find an alternative 'alternative' that is more fruit/oatmeal like in taste. I'll hit Walmart and a nutrition place tonight (assuming this snow doesn't turn to freezing rain like they it will!) and see what I can find. Fingers crossed:-)

purple sky
01-31-2012, 01:39 PM
There are so many fun things you can do or dressings that make it have so much flavor. Try adding herbs and spices and mustard (use use 0/0/0 mustard and/or ground mustard seed) Make it with lemon, lime or both! Garlic, ginger, braggs amino acid (like soy sauce, but lighter). Mix in a blender using the acid (lemon, lime, cider vinegar, white vinegar) first, add your herbs and spices, and then add an equal amount of water, then add 1/2 amount in olive oil and whiz it up! Then pour it in to a mister and spray on your salad. Delish! I did a cilantro-lime-garlic dressing last night without oil that I used on shrimp (added chicken broth to the marinade), and then took part of it, added a little olive oil and added more water to thin it out and sprayed it on my salad. SO good.

Ah, you answered a question I had in my head for a while. I just bought some misters and that is how I eat veggies now and make my egg whites but I only have olive oil in them. I did not know I can put full dressing in that. That would be even better. I love cilantro lime. I think I will try some of your recipes.

And speaking of food, this is what I made yesterday. I wish I had taken a picture. It was so pretty on the plate.

Boy Choy with Bell Pepper

I chopped up about 3 baby bok choy and 2 good sized orange bell peppers (it's what was in the fridge). And sauteed them with habanero flavored oil. I think any oil would work. I added the following spices (all dry) sea salt, ginger, garlic, tumeric, cumin, basil and mint. Don't ask my why I did that. I was inspired and since you can taste veggies as you go, I just ran with it. I used spices that I thought would be amazing fresh. I also would have added more bok choy.

In the future I may do the simple one as I originally intended with just salt pepper fresh ginger and fresh garlic. Found the recipe. I never had bok choy before.

This is seriously fast food. Took minutes to make.

Also experiementing with coffee per some IPer suggestions. I added the RTD vanilla to my coffee yesterday. Yum. I also added a lot of stevia. I used to drink those flavored creamers so this helped. Today I am trying it with the vanilla pudding (added extra water). It's okay.

I need to start copying these great recipes. I saw something with rubarb yesterday that looked amazing.

You all are so talented and so creative and make this IP journey so much easier.

justme685
01-31-2012, 01:44 PM
First weigh in today... Drum roll please!! I lost 9.4 lbs and 6 inches!! I am one happy girl today! My favourite skinny jeans fit me again, my face looks like a face and I feel oh so good today! Talk about motivation to keep at it and stay OP 100% Woohoo!!

DanafromAustin
01-31-2012, 01:49 PM

Fingers crossed!

I hope the new phase works out for you. My daughter switched to phase 2 a couple of days ago. She is 6 pounds from goal and the scale is just not moving for her. Our coach told her to make sure she is getting enough oil, which she has been lax about as she needs more fat in her diet. That might be stalling her weight.

Jenboss
01-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Congrats - keep it up - it's very motivating to get into clothes that didn't fit - or when the ones you are wearing are falling off!

MrsChill
01-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day here in central Alberta and I'm very excited for my first WI today.

sandralosingweight, you might want to consider taking a probiotic while on the antibiotic (2 hours apart). It may help with the diarrhea. Sounds like you're having a miserable time and hope you feel better very soon.

Hi ipsbest4me!! RD here too and started IP 2 weeks ago. Interested in staying in contact about the program and suchÉ (that is supposed to be a questions mark by my keyboard is being fussy right now. it must be hungry...lol :carrot:

erin2314
01-31-2012, 02:23 PM
On Day 3 of IP and I still like it! :D

I was wondering how often everyone weighs themselves. My coach said I should have an average of -3lbs/week so I'm worried about weighing myself daily an not seeing a change. But on the other hand I want to be prepared if I'm not making good progress so I can make different decisions accordingly.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Also, I tried the Walden Farms dressing for the first time today and was happily surprised. The Chipotle ranch is spicy and delicious!!

slp
01-31-2012, 03:02 PM
Wuv, thanks for your response to my question about Ideal To Go that I posted on yesterdays thread(it was one of the last posts). Your weight loss is awesome & very inspiring. So happy I found this forum it is such an upbeat, positive group. I used to go to WW meetings & the negativity was contagious. Looking forward to starting IP.

NavyMommy
01-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Wuv, thanks for your response to my question about Ideal To Go that I posted on yesterdays thread(it was one of the last posts). Your weight loss is awesome & very inspiring. So happy I found this forum it is such an upbeat, positive group. I used to go to WW meetings & the negativity was contagious. Looking forward to starting IP.

Are you enrolled in a clinic or are you looking at Ideal to Go? I just placed my first order with them this morning and I couldn't be more pleased. I was going to a clinic but we're gearing up for a big move so when I E-Mailed the Ideal to Go people they accepted me. I might look at going back to a clinic when we get settled (if I'm not done yet) because I did enjoy the one on one, but my ITG coach is always accessible by e-mail so it's similar. And this morning I put my order in but forgot to get my salt, I called and they said no problem we will throw it in for you and I got my shipping notice a few hours later. Can't wait to get the products!

omgzitsmiranda
01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Hi there - I had the IP one. I thought something chocolatey in the morning would be a real treat, but I don't like the taste of something that sweet that early in the morning.

I'm a 'gotta eat when I wake up or I'll throw up' person, I eat within 15 minutes of getting up at 5am. I'd love to find an alternative 'alternative' that is more fruit/oatmeal like in taste. I'll hit Walmart and a nutrition place tonight (assuming this snow doesn't turn to freezing rain like they it will!) and see what I can find. Fingers crossed:-)

Hmm. Well, had you thought about the puffs of some kind? The peanut butter or apple cinnamon? The chocolate ones are delicious, but pretty sweet.

wuv2bloved
01-31-2012, 03:21 PM

I was wondering how often everyone weighs themselves. My coach said I should have an average of -3lbs/week so I'm worried about weighing myself daily an not seeing a change. But on the other hand I want to be prepared if I'm not making good progress so I can make different decisions accordingly.

Also, I tried the Walden Farms dressing for the first time today and was happily surprised. The Chipotle ranch is spicy and delicious!!
My suggestion is ONLY weigh in when you go to your clinic. Your weight goes up and down daily and if they is going to upset you then you should stay away because the more you worry about it the more you will hold on to that weight. IF you are following the program it will come off. I don't weigh but on the day I go to my clinic so that way I am surprised when I see the numbers.

You are welcome and thank you. I try to keep the daily thread as positive as possible but sometimes it goes in the wrong direction. There are a few other threads like Wayward and Wuv's or the Home thread that are positive as well. Positive beings are the way to success!!!

purple sky
01-31-2012, 03:23 PM
I just realized that I am now somewhere near 25 pounds down from my peak in recent years. I was barely fitting myself into my jeans but refused to get the next size up. Most of my shirts were fitted and bulging. I don't remember when I peaked or even know actually how much I weighed then. I just know that I got on the scale a bit after I felt like I lost weight and was shocked at the number I saw.

I am going to attach my weight loss jars. Hope it works.

I made this for DH. It may be hard to see but the first one reads See Ya and the second one reads Woo Hoo. We use 2 for every pound. He picked the stones himself and even wanted the embellishments I added with the arrows pointing to the second glass. It does not show well in the pictures but he went straight to work in filling it up.

Thank you to PBNJENNISANDWICH and BACKDROPsilhouette for the inspiration.

desperatetolosegirl
01-31-2012, 03:24 PM
I had my weigh in today and happy to see a 2 lb loss for a total of 14 lbs in 4 weeks. Very happy today! yay!
W1 -6
W2 -4
W3 -2
W4 -2

wuv2bloved
01-31-2012, 03:24 PM

I am just going to throw out a suggestion to you here....since you have such as early start, why don't you try making some boiled egg whites so you can grab and eat on your way to work then have your shake around 8 or 9.

100poundfreeway
01-31-2012, 03:28 PM
My Vent.....
I know I need to stay off the scale every day and today is a perfect example of why! I was up 1/2lb and that really dissapointed me as it's only day 6 and I was kicking butt. I'm sure at the end of the week my official WI number will be good. But I could not help but feel dissapointed!

So then I called the hubby and he only has good intentions but I was trying to make some plans for super bowl and for a March get away out of town with some frineds and he shot me down! He thinks it's a bit soon to be at our good friends house this Sunday and not have a few beers and eat all the good Super Bowl junk food I LOVE! so he suggest we just stay home! Then March 30th we have a couple that we were thinking about going to a hot springs with and he was like really do you think that a good idea, we noramlly drink a lot there and eat all sorts of stuff when ever we want..... so his reasons were good but I got mad and said well I guess as long as im on IP I get to have no fun either........

Just upset with me and the fact he's probably right, questioning my choice to do IP........ I thought I was ready to do this, but now I don't know!!!???

Momto2cs
01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Nathalie

Ip has an oatmeal that is restricted, and crispy cereal, which is like sweet rice crispies, which is not.

The herb and cheese omlette is also very good.

I find a "latte" made with coffee and vanilla pudding made into a shake, or butters other pudding mixed with spice tea also work to keep me full.

When I take the time to make pudding muffins in advance it also works to make breakfast fast an delicious. Not to mention portable.

Momto2cs
01-31-2012, 03:34 PM

If you are following the plan then there is really nothing you can do differently.
Try to weigh on wi days.

Momto2cs
01-31-2012, 03:39 PM
My Vent.....
I know I need to stay off the scale every day and today is a perfect example of why! I was up 1/2lb and that really dissapointed me as it's only day 6 and I was kicking butt. I'm sure at the end of the week my official WI number will be good. But I could not help but feel dissapointed!

So then I called the hubby and he only has good intentions but I was trying to make some plans for super bowl and for a March get away out of town with some frineds and he shot me down! He thinks it's a bit soon to be at our good friends house this Sunday and not have a few beers and eat all the good Super Bowl junk food I LOVE! so he suggest we just stay home! Then March 30th we have a couple that we were thinking about going to a hot springs with and he was like really do you think that a good idea, we noramlly drink a lot there and eat all sorts of stuff when ever we want..... so his reasons were good but I got mad and said well I guess as long as im on IP I get to have no fun either........

Just upset with me and the fact he's probably right, questioning my choice to do IP........ I thought I was ready to do this, but now I don't know!!!???

He is right.

You need some time to adjust your food and drinking expectations. There will always be a next party, next trip, next superbowl, but if you are committed to doing ip it might be best to avoid them until you are in the groove and really seeing the amazing results you can have.

Life can be fun in the mean time, but it will take a different mind set. The fun is being with your friends. The food and drink are just secondary. Find an ip snack you like and have it then.

Good luck!

EmilySebetka
01-31-2012, 03:40 PM
My Vent.....

We should always be ready to be healthy. You can do this. Just prepare, and make up your mind beforehand, that you absolutely will not cheat! You could also bring some food with you so that if you have the urge to cheat, you'll be cheating with IP food at least. The jelly or vanilla pudding are good IP cheat items. BUT ONLY DO SO IF ITS IP OR "REGULAR PEOPLE" FOOD!!!! You can do it!

purple sky
01-31-2012, 03:48 PM
My Vent.....

This is a long term commitment. You have to really want to do this. If the time is not right now, you can wait till after these events but what will you do in between now and these events? Relatively speaking, this is a pretty short amount of time in your life to get to goal or a weight that makes you smile. And you will get there. You just have to want it. The one thing I liked that my coach said early on is that IP does not want you do start if you are not ready. The program is too expensive to jump in only to jump back out.

But, I will say this, 3 days into the program I lost nothing. I felt like crap. I was bloated and uncomfortable. I was like what kind of diet is this? It made me poofier? Then, some weight fell and a little more and a little more. Per week it may not be impressive but considering I have been on this since just before the beginning of the year, it's pretty good and much further along than I would have been had I stuck to my old weight or try to eat healthier. Always trying. Never succeeding.

As wise ones say on this board, the food and drink will be there when you are done but will you want them then? Hang in there. Trust yourself. Decide what is best you for short term and long term. I find that men have this weird logic and it is sometimes well just logical. It's just not what we want to hear at certain times. You made a big commitment. This is a big step, a really big step.

DanafromAustin
01-31-2012, 03:49 PM
My Vent.....

First off, stay off the scale. I do weigh myself everyday, but I can handle the ups and downs, and realize it's part of the process. However it sounds like you would do better without the daily weigh in, so leave it for your once a week weigh in and be pleasantly surprised.

Second, IP is a way of life. There will always be social events and lots of food we can't/won't eat. To do IP you have to make that 100 percent commitment to yourself otherwise it is a waste of money. When I started IP I knew this was going to be my last diet and I told myself I could do anything for a year. I have faced some pretty big obstacles since starting last September. I've thrown a really big party with lots of foods I couldn't eat, we eat out at restaurants a lot and I've also been on a trip. Through all of it I haven't cheated once because I made that commitment to myself. You have to ask yourself, do you want to go to the Superbowl party for the food or the friends? You CAN do this if this is what you want more than anything. Now it's time to make that commitment or not!

sassysi
01-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Discovered last night I am in Ketosis mode...yeah! Let the fat burning begin! :)

purple sky
01-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Okay, now that I know how to do attachments, here is our collective jar, 41437 since we are doing this together. I decided to use large stones for each pound we lose as a couple.

chihuahuanut
01-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Hmm. Well, had you thought about the puffs of some kind? The peanut butter or apple cinnamon? The chocolate ones are delicious, but pretty sweet.

I'm still learning about all the IP products, just bought the shakes to get me started. I love the puffs suggestions, I guess I'll pick up a box/packet of different things (make myself a sample selection!) and find something I can eat in the mornings. Am having a shake right now, a great afternoon snack:-) Thanks for your feedback!

chihuahuanut
01-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Nathalie

Ip has an oatmeal that is restricted, and crispy cereal, which is like sweet rice crispies, which is not.

The herb and cheese omlette is also very good.

I find a "latte" made with coffee and vanilla pudding made into a shake, or butters other pudding mixed with spice tea also work to keep me full.

When I take the time to make pudding muffins in advance it also works to make breakfast fast an delicious. Not to mention portable.

A coworker tried the omlette and wasn't a fan, but I love eggs so I might have to give that a try. Defintely going to pick up a few of the items and find something yummy, it will help alot. Thank you!

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
FINALLY it is letting me post! I have been trying to all day! ANYWAY, congrats to all the weigh-in's and NSV as usual! Now, I need some advice, perhaps someone has gone through this before, or perhaps someone just has an opinion to share on the matter that is different from my own, therefore can calm me down!

Starting in August of 2011 I got the depo-provera (sp?) shot. I didn't get it as a form of birth control but because my TOM was so bad that I was usually bed ridden for no less that 2 days every month. Also because my "TOM" always lasted no less than 9 days. Usually the average was 14. Well that being said, it did help with my cramping and back aches as well as regularity A LOT. Okay, I promise there is a point and question coming. I started this diet in December after I had received 2 shots (one every 3 months) I got my third shot this month. After having the shot, I started (I did check with my doctor and this is not unheard of but rare) Now, it could have a lot to do with the diet, but here is my problem. Somehow in the 4 days I have gotten the shot to now, I have gained 1lb more than my last weigh in. My next weigh in is tomorrow and I am A NERVOUS WRECK. Could this just be TOM water and bloating and what not? Is this the likely answer? because I have been 100% OP and I mean 100%. If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. I am sorry it is such a long post but I wanted to let you guys know the full story and that it isnt just a typical TOM. Thanks guys and again, sorry I am a "chatty cathy" :)

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Salmongirl, I start the thread before I go to bed at midnight. I am in Mississippi, so its not midnight in some places but I want a place for the early risers to be able to post in the morning when they wake up!.

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning at 6am wide eyed and bushy tailed. Got up did my yoga, had my breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and not reading and listening to CMT. I have a little paperwork to do for work other than that its going to be an easy day :)

I came across this today and wanted to share it....

You must have been sleepy at midnight last night night cause you put 2011 for today, lol. No biggie.
I really like that pic post! It speaks the truth!! Thanks!

SewingMomma
01-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Weigh in # 11 and anohter 1.4 pounds gone for good!!!!:dance:Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE this plan? It has been so very easy to stick to. And I really am loving seeing the scale go down each week. Even with the small losses!! A loss is a loss no matter how big or small!

Great Job Rissimo! I agree. I love this plan too!!!!

SewingMomma
01-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Also, down 3.7lbs this week. It's amazing how well you lose when you're 100% on plan haha ;)
:bravo:You're doing fantastic! Love to see those pounds melting away. Staying 100% OP really pays off!!!!!

SewingMomma
01-31-2012, 05:14 PM
Just back from WI and I lost 4 pounds this week and 3 1/2 inches which brings me to 60 pounds so far. I can't wait till my doctor appointment at the end of February. When I saw my doctor at the end of August she asked that I loose 20 pounds by this next appointment. I figure by my appointment I will have lost at least 70 pounds by then. Can't wait to see her expression, especially since she recommended this diet to me. She lost 60 pounds on it herself and recommends it to all of her overweight patients.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.

Way to go Dana!!!! You're doctor is going to be shocked!!!!:woohoo:

Renewing Myself
01-31-2012, 05:24 PM
He is right.

You need some time to adjust your food and drinking expectations. There will always be a next party, next trip, next superbowl, but if you are committed to doing ip it might be best to avoid them until you are in the groove and really seeing the amazing results you can have.

Life can be fun in the mean time, but it will take a different mind set. The fun is being with your friends. The food and drink are just secondary. Find an ip snack you like and have it then.

Good luck!

I just made it through a tough weekend and did stay on program 100% - It really can be done. Dh was in a curling bonspiel so I was at the rink watching people eating hamburgers, fries, onion rings and lots of alcohol drinks! I was a tiny bit tempted but never would have given in. Also there was a big buffet meal Saturday night with wonderful things there but I stuck to chicken, roast beef and a couple of salads that weren't loaded with dressings. I also passed the dessert table with no problem. Ya me! :carrot:
This weekend is dh's birthday and I suggested we have friends over and maybe have a fondue party! Today I get thinking and I am not sure I can have much food? Meat & vegetables in a broth fondue would work I think. I do not want to cave in and have a bunch of things that I shouldn't. I know if I cheat once then it will be harder for me not to cheat again and again.
I tell myself that hopefully my weight will be where I want it to be by around May so I can hold off until then, the feeling of getting smaller is wonderful.

Chuckles1330
01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Hooray! I finally got my ticker - sometimes it's the little things that make a day...
Has anyone made spinach souffle using spinach, IP leek soup and a couple of egg whites? As I was eating my spinach soup at lunch it occurred to me that it might work...

AussieonIP
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Hey All,

Happy IP OP Tuesday!!

Well my first weigh in today, Day 6 fully OP on IP and I lost......7.2 Pounds, weighed in last week with 229.4 and was 222.2 today - totally over the moon!

And to people reading this thread who haven't started yet, yes the first 3 days are brutal, but the pay off is day 5 and beyond!!!Your back to yourself, and I reckon I have more energy too

Looking forward to week 2!

Happy Tuesday,

Cheers/S...

beckyjo
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
I WI today it is my second time I am very excited. This diet has given me freedom from food.

It is exciting when someone asks if I have lost weight. I used to say I am trying now I say Yes I am. I am thankful to read the forums and get daily encouragement. Hope everyone well on this diet.

Ylanthe
01-31-2012, 06:14 PM
I am happy to report that, after some struggling through January, I am fully motivated & committed to being OP 100%! I've discovered I have a strong will...it's just swinging the wrong way! There are so many things I want do and accomplish, it's worth the work to change my mental swing :).

Congratulations to the WL & NSV victories today! Have a fantastic day!

Ylanthe
01-31-2012, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=ICanLoseItThisTime;4197562]Now, it could have a lot to do with the diet, but here is my problem. Somehow in the 4 days I have gotten the shot to now, I have gained 1lb more than my last weigh in. My next weigh in is tomorrow and I am A NERVOUS WRECK. Could this just be TOM water and bloating and what not? Is this the likely answer? because I have been 100% OP and I mean 100%. If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. QUOTE]

To be fair, I'm pretty new to all this, but I too have problems with my TOM. I think there is some information in previous threads about this, but I don't remember where-what I DO remember is that it's the diet releasing the estrogen stored in your fat cells. It comes out to wreak havoc on TOM parties. It might result in some extra water gain this week, because of the shot, but it should come down again for next week...that's what I've noticed is the trend on the forums, anyways. For sure talk to your coach about your concerns too!

I hope that helps, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and don't freak out! You will get through it and continue on your journey, this is just a little bump. :hug:

cassandrap
01-31-2012, 06:25 PM
So after 8 weeks on IP I've lost 20 lbs! I'm starting to have people mention how good I look now. It's pretty darn exciting And encouraging! I'm glad to see everyone else is doing well!

100poundfreeway
01-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I had a long talk with myself and I'm 100% commited to this and I will loos the weight!
Called hubby back to let him know I was sorry he was right and I truly appreciate him thinking of me and what is best!

I did not budge today at work BBQ and my big old salad tasted better than ever! A moment of weakness, that was all it was. This is a huge adjustment.

Thank you for those of you who gave encouraging words!

mrsmurphy
01-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Wuv - did i see you mention somewhere we are suppose to be drinking half our body weight, in water?? I did not know thissssss... wow. That is ALOT of water!! I will have to watch for this because I definitely thought it was less than that - which i have no idea where i got that impression. Anyways, good to know!! you learn something new everyday :)

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-31-2012, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=ICanLoseItThisTime;4197562]Now, it could have a lot to do with the diet, but here is my problem. Somehow in the 4 days I have gotten the shot to now, I have gained 1lb more than my last weigh in. My next weigh in is tomorrow and I am A NERVOUS WRECK. Could this just be TOM water and bloating and what not? Is this the likely answer? because I have been 100% OP and I mean 100%. If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. QUOTE]

To be fair, I'm pretty new to all this, but I too have problems with my TOM. I think there is some information in previous threads about this, but I don't remember where-what I DO remember is that it's the diet releasing the estrogen stored in your fat cells. It comes out to wreak havoc on TOM parties. It might result in some extra water gain this week, because of the shot, but it should come down again for next week...that's what I've noticed is the trend on the forums, anyways. For sure talk to your coach about your concerns too!

I hope that helps, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and don't freak out! You will get through it and continue on your journey, this is just a little bump. :hug:

Thank you! Sometimes all you really need is someone to take the time and say a fe kind words and give a little support, you know? I am trying to not freak out, but man am I just on this mad crazy emotional rollercoaster right now! TOM really just messes WITH EVERYTHING! Thank you again, I have been 100% OP since I started 34 days ago and was just about to have a handful of candy and a diet coke because I was just so overwhelmed. You stopped me, and I bet you didnt even realize what you were doing. I cannot thank you enough!

thin4me
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm still learning about all the IP products, just bought the shakes to get me started. I love the puffs suggestions, I guess I'll pick up a box/packet of different things (make myself a sample selection!) and find something I can eat in the mornings. Am having a shake right now, a great afternoon snack:-) Thanks for your feedback!

I always have the wildberry yogurt for my breakfast. As soon as I get up I put 300ml of water into the shaker and shake the yogurt into a shake, put it in the fridge for 15-30 min to thicken and soften the berries - I find it surprisingly filling and refreshing.

Now however I will be starting alternatives and will certainly miss that breakfast.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Hooray! I finally got my ticker - sometimes it's the little things that make a day...
Has anyone made spinach souffle using spinach, IP leek soup and a couple of eggs whites? As I was eating my spinace soup at lunch it occurred to me that it might work...

That sounds wonderful! I might add a little baking powder and try it!

Somehow in the 4 days I have gotten the shot to now, I have gained 1lb more than my last weigh in. My next weigh in is tomorrow and I am A NERVOUS WRECK

I was on it for awhile in the early 90's and my OB/GYN told me that it could change your metabolism. I think I remember one of the side effects being weight gain of 15-25 lbs. But, TOM can definitely be a culprit and let's hope that's all it is and you have a nice loss next week. Fingers crossed :)

Today was my WI and even with TOM, I lost 2.25 lbs and some inches. I love the disappearance of my 2 cramp days since being on IP!!
I was really happy to have lost 3/4 inch from my thighs. I have been drinking the Blueberry Cran-Granata faithfully every other day and before I left for my appointment, I noticed that the back of my legs looked better in the mirror. Sure enough, I had a nice loss there :)

I ate out Saturday night (Outback Steakhouse--thanks for the tip!) and Sunday morning (breakfast) and stayed OP. This was the first time I've been out to eat since starting and it was a real treat!

I had some NSV's in my closet and went shoe shopping, where I found that I had gotten back to my original shoe size! I am so happy!

I also had a SV today--I have been doing this without knowing how much I weigh, so it's totally a guessing game for me. I read about many of you reaching Onderland, and I had no idea whether or not I was there or way up the road, so when I got on the scale today, before I closed my eyes, I saw that the bottom weight was set on 250. I heard 2 clicks to the left (150) and then the top weight moving toward the right some. So, I am not 150 and not 200, but definitely somewhere in Onderland!:dizzy: My total loss since Dec 7th is 23.75 lbs and I feel great!

To all of the new IP-ers, the struggle is so worth it! Just take it one day at a time and you will not fail. Everyone here will support you, and you will feel so much better!

wuv2bloved
01-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Wuv - did i see you mention somewhere we are suppose to be drinking half our body weight, in water?? I did not know thissssss... wow. That is ALOT of water!! I will have to watch for this because I definitely thought it was less than that - which i have no idea where i got that impression. Anyways, good to know!! you learn something new everyday :)
That is what was told to me by my coach MrsMurphy so I don't know, I just follow it.....lol.....I drink 132oz a day

You must have been sleepy at midnight last night night cause you put 2011 for today, lol. No biggie.
I really like that pic post! It speaks the truth!! Thanks!
WOW, guess I was tired....lol...Never noticed it til you pointed it out either....lol

Survalia
01-31-2012, 08:02 PM
My Vent.....

Of course you can have fun! But first and foremost, be honest. Do you really want to stay OP? If it is important enough, you will. Plan ahead! I started the program a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, and I had NO intention of missing the get together with my family. I planned every meal for the four days I was there, and made sure I had all of the packets and ingredients. It all comes down to how determined you are to stay on track. Make sure you have veggies to snack on, be creative with what is available and go for it! However, I will warn you, if you go into it feeling deprived, cheated and jealous, you won't make it. Only YOU know the truth. :hug:

sekc14
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
My Vent..... I was trying to make some plans for super bowl and for a March get away out of town with some frineds and he shot me down! He thinks it's a bit soon to be at our good friends house this Sunday and not have a few beers and eat all the good Super Bowl junk food I LOVE! so he suggest we just stay home! Then March 30th we have a couple that we were thinking about going to a hot springs with and he was like really do you think that a good idea, we noramlly drink a lot there and eat all sorts of stuff when ever we want..... so his reasons were good but I got mad and said well I guess as long as im on IP I get to have no fun either........
I applaud your husband for supporting you by also being willing to stay home and miss the fun. I would like to weigh in on this subject though. I started IP 11/29/11 without pre-planning. I cancelled plans for a male friend's visit because I thought that I would be really annoyed eating packaged foods and not being able to enjoy drinks, etc while he was around. However, you can't escape all run-ins with food and drinks. At work people brought in homemade Christmas cookies and ate them all day long. They raved about how moist and incredibly delicious they were. I knew that I couldn't have even the tiniest amount or it would mess up all my efforts so, I didn't. That very night I was at a study group and there was a table full of cookies sitting in the middle of our small group with everyone munching on them. Again, I didn't consider a crumb. I also began to think that in all my life I have never not indulged when a group was eating goodies. I felt like it was desensitizing me to sweets. Somewhat like I do when training my horses not to spook (react) to scary stuff on trail. I just figured it was good training. Then I went to a Christmas party with open bar and lots of food and goodies. Again, I didn't drink or eat. I was so happy with myself and it really wasn't difficult.

It definitely helps to wait a bit until you're off carbs and in ketosis because it decreases appetite. I've been on IP 2 months now and I've almost forgotten the tastes which also makes it easier to abstain.

I think we should schedule as much fun in our lives as possible. I still get together with the Hunt Group in my area and they drink cocktails and eat food every time they meet. I just make sure I bring my own food and drink. :carrot::carrot:

gs463
01-31-2012, 09:10 PM
I made cauliflower "fried rice" for dinner with asparagus and shrimp in it. Yum! It was so good. You couldn't even tell that there was no rice. My husband had it too and loved it. What a great alternative for chinese food and for rice!

Eck
01-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Yea! Officially down 3.6 lbs at week #8 weigh in - 37.5 total!
My place has new IP mashed potatoes. I think they are restricted. Has anyone tried them?

Also I forgot to ask about Veggie Slices and Veggie "Parm" that I saw in the store. Are these allowed?

mtnsun4
01-31-2012, 09:30 PM
I had my weigh in today and happy to see a 2 lb loss for a total of 14 lbs in 4 weeks. Very happy today! yay!
W1 -6
W2 -4
W3 -2
W4 -2

Excellent! Great job! Woo Hoo!!!

TFBeller
01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Just wanted to say hello! I don't have much free time anymore, so it looks like WI days are the only chance I'll get to post.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on here before, but there's a new IP Product - MASHED POTATOES! Just picked up a few packages today. The coaches said they're delish! Really creamy with lots of herbs and spices! Sounds yummy!

Are the mashed potatoes restricted?

TFBeller
01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
That is what was told to me by my coach MrsMurphy so I don't know, I just follow it.....lol.....I drink 132oz a day

WOW, guess I was tired....lol...Never noticed it til you pointed it out either....lol

Love your new pic! You look great.

omgzitsmiranda
01-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Yea! Officially down 3.6 lbs at week #8 weigh in - 37.5 total!
My place has new IP mashed potatoes. I think they are restricted. Has anyone tried them?

Also I forgot to ask about Veggie Slices and Veggie "Parm" that I saw in the store. Are these allowed?

Some people use them, some don't. You're allowed up to 1oz I believe a day?
*someone else chime in wink wink*

Tammywhiz
01-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Just my opinion here and we all know about opinions! LOL....anyway, I don't think putting you on Novi-cleanse to increase your weight loss is good plan management. Please correct me if I am wrong...but isn't the novi-cleanse like a laxative? Once you eliminate all the waste in your bowels you will slowly start to add back that weight as it is not normal to completely evacauate your bowels on a regular basis. I think a good cleanse once in a while is good, but if that is what your coach is relying upon to generate your weight loss I would be a bit wary. Again, just my opinion.

On a side note: for those of you struggling with the big C, epsom salts is a great laxative. It is inexpensive and you don't need to take much.

I have been having some isses with the big C. Last night I decided to try the magnesium citrate in the liqid form. NEVER AGAIN. I drank it after supper. I went to be about 10pm and my insides gurgled all night. I was "unblocked" this morning, but I have had the big "D" all day and I feel weak and nauseous.

On a side note, I have just figured out, thanks to this site and all you great people, that lettuce is unlimited and doesn't count towards my 4 cups of daily veggies. My "coach" never mentionned this, along with many other things. I am luck as there is 3 other centers in my area that offer IP....think I will be looking into changing spots...

Lilmink
01-31-2012, 10:22 PM
lilmink... which clinic do you go to for your ideal protein. I've read some of your postings and it doesn't seem like your coach or coaches are doing a good for you. You might be best suited to move to a different office or coach.... My coach did wonders for me... If you are in san francisco i would suggest you give him a call....

I just wanted to send a public thank you to BikiniBoy without whom I would have never found out there is another IP clinic within reasonable driving distance. I'm heading there Saturday to meet with his coach! The difference between the 2 clinics are already apparent and huge. To start with over $250 in start-up fees different. I got totally gouged at my clinic. The food prices are also $3 lower at this new one. And after speaking on the phone with his coach this morning, I'm feeling confident this will be a better fit.

And I'd like to thank everyone who posts and supports us newbies (and everyone) every day. I might have thrown this all away next week were you all not so wonderful about helping me straighten this all out. I'm tempted to call the IP headquarters and let them know what happened. You guys rock!:D

Lilmink
01-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Ah, you answered a question I had in my head for a while. I just bought some misters and that is how I eat veggies now and make my egg whites but I only have olive oil in them. I did not know I can put full dressing in that. That would be even better. I love cilantro lime. I think I will try some of your recipes.

And speaking of food, this is what I made yesterday. I wish I had taken a picture. It was so pretty on the plate.

Boy Choy with Bell Pepper

I chopped up about 3 baby bok choy and 2 good sized orange bell peppers (it's what was in the fridge). And sauteed them with habanero flavored oil. I think any oil would work. I added the following spices (all dry) sea salt, ginger, garlic, tumeric, cumin, basil and mint. Don't ask my why I did that. I was inspired and since you can taste veggies as you go, I just ran with it. I used spices that I thought would be amazing fresh. I also would have added more bok choy.

In the future I may do the simple one as I originally intended with just salt pepper fresh ginger and fresh garlic. Found the recipe. I never had bok choy before.

This is seriously fast food. Took minutes to make.

Also experiementing with coffee per some IPer suggestions. I added the RTD vanilla to my coffee yesterday. Yum. I also added a lot of stevia. I used to drink those flavored creamers so this helped. Today I am trying it with the vanilla pudding (added extra water). It's okay.

I need to start copying these great recipes. I saw something with rubarb yesterday that looked amazing.

You all are so talented and so creative and make this IP journey so much easier.

You just need to be sure there are no pieces of seasoning or herbs that might clog your mister.

Here's another thing you might enjoy...

http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/

I make blends that work with IP, based on these, all the time now and use them with my meals.

ipsbest4me
01-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Hi ipsbest4me!! RD here too and started IP 2 weeks ago. Interested in staying in contact about the program and suchÉ (that is supposed to be a questions mark by my keyboard is being fussy right now. it must be hungry...lol :carrot:

Hi MrsChill!! Very excited to see someone from RD here!! I'd love to keep in contact. Do you have a coach or are you doing it on your own?

starry1672
01-31-2012, 11:26 PM
I have been having some isses with the big C. Last night I decided to try the magnesium citrate in the liqid form. NEVER AGAIN. I drank it after supper. I went to be about 10pm and my insides gurgled all night. I was "unblocked" this morning, but I have had the big "D" all day and I feel weak and nauseous.

On a side note, I have just figured out, thanks to this site and all you great people, that lettuce is unlimited and doesn't count towards my 4 cups of daily veggies. My "coach" never mentionned this, along with many other things. I am luck as there is 3 other centers in my area that offer IP....think I will be looking into changing spots...

Have you checked out this thread yet?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205991-what-do-you-wish-your-coach-had-told-you.html

Tammywhiz
01-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Have you checked out this thread yet?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/205991-what-do-you-wish-your-coach-had-told-you.html

I hadn't but I will now.

Thanks !:carrot:

Chuckles1330
01-31-2012, 11:45 PM
That sounds wonderful! I might add a little baking powder and try it!

Today was my WI and even with TOM, I lost 2.25 lbs and some inches. I love the disappearance of my 2 cramp days since being on IP!!
I was really happy to have lost 3/4 inch from my thighs. I have been drinking the Blueberry Cran-Granata faithfully every other day and before I left for my appointment, I noticed that the back of my legs looked better in the mirror. Sure enough, I had a nice loss there :)

Bubbly - I haven't tried making the spinach souffle, just wondered if it would work. If you make it, please let us know how it goes. I will do the same, but since that was my one package of leek soup, it won't happen before next
week some time. :)

Congratulations on all the scale and NS victories!

QHLover
02-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Lucky you, no one in my office walks. I have a good 1/2 hour walk mapped out with a big hill. Need to remind myself to stop working and just do it. Tthe work will be there when I get back.

Good morning all! Feeling good this morning.....saw the scale move a tiny bit this morning so I know things are now starting to move this week. Trying not to be psycho about the scale.

Also looking forward to my lunch time walk with a co-worker. She came to my office yesterday and said, "are you counting calories"? I said I was doing something for my weight loss and she said "well, you want to walk with me at lunch?" I was so happy to be asked, because now I have a lunch walking buddy!

Have a great day everyone!

salmongirl
02-01-2012, 01:56 AM
I lost two pounds last week. A good week overall! Goodnight everyone!

slp
02-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Are you enrolled in a clinic or are you looking at Ideal to Go? I just placed my first order with them this morning and I couldn't be more pleased. I was going to a clinic but we're gearing up for a big move so when I E-Mailed the Ideal to Go people they accepted me. I might look at going back to a clinic when we get settled (if I'm not done yet) because I did enjoy the one on one, but my ITG coach is always accessible by e-mail so it's similar. And this morning I put my order in but forgot to get my salt, I called and they said no problem we will throw it in for you and I got my shipping notice a few hours later. Can't wait to get the products!
I haven't enrolled anywhere yet. Going to dr tomorrow to get her approval to start IP. I was looking into Ideal to Go but didn't know it is only for people who don't have a clinic nearby. It sounds like a good option for you right now with your move. ITG was attractive to me because we are getting ready to start a major remodel in our house & I know it will be hectic.

canadiancandy
02-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Hi yall, gratz on all the WI's and NSV's today

I am loving all the jar's, thank you Wuv for that added inspiration. It was a great idea. I would share the ones i made but sadly i am technology challenged lol :)

have a great OP week everyone !

Ylanthe
02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Ylanthe;4197696]

Thank you! Sometimes all you really need is someone to take the time and say a fe kind words and give a little support, you know? I am trying to not freak out, but man am I just on this mad crazy emotional rollercoaster right now! TOM really just messes WITH EVERYTHING! Thank you again, I have been 100% OP since I started 34 days ago and was just about to have a handful of candy and a diet coke because I was just so overwhelmed. You stopped me, and I bet you didnt even realize what you were doing. I cannot thank you enough!

I'm so glad I helped :). That means a lot to me, so thank YOU! This whole weightloss journey is overwhelming, you gotta find something to keep you from the edge some days! Happy 100% OP! Good luck at your weigh in!:carrot: