Weight Loss Support - Vanity reasons for this journey!

View Full Version : Vanity reasons for this journey!

FatToFitWife
01-30-2012, 10:48 AM
I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we can post our silly/vanity/etc. reasons we want to lose weight :) Of course we are all trying to better our health, numbers, confidence, heart, etc. but I know I have a few others ;)

I'll start ...

1. I want to be smoking hot in a little string bikini ;)

2. I want to show my SIL that I CAN look better than her ... Mean I know, but if you heard the back story ...

3. I would love to wear short shorts!!

4. Lingerie!! And to actually feel non-whaleish! LOL

5. I want to be a hot wife, darnit!

LiannaKole
01-30-2012, 11:34 AM
I always love these threads. The anticipation of our vanity reasons is kinda fun sometimes. :)

-- I want to be a smaller jeans size than my one friend. She gets comfort from the fact that I'm fat and she's not in a "at least I'm not as fat as Lianna" kind of way.

-- I want to be able to be lifted with relative ease. Both for fun with friends, for emergencies (if I pass out while hiking on a mountain, no way will I be rescued), and for the, ahem, more intimate moments. ;)

-- I want a slender silhouette with long lines. I think that looks beautiful on lots of women, and honestly I covet it. I'll never be curvy (not my body shape), so I want to be lithe and willowy.

-- I'd like to borrow clothes from friends easily. As I am now, that never happens because it so won't fit. It'd be nice not to have to borrow men's clothes in an emergency. :(

Beach Patrol
01-30-2012, 11:38 AM
I want to wear knee high boots that AREN'T for "thick calves"!!!!

LiannaKole
01-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Oh, I forgot a couple important ones.

-- I don't want to have those knuckle dimples. I had them for a LONG time and hated them. Little kids have them, but then they grow out of them. My friends lost them, but I kept them. I don't really have them now, but I can still feel my loathing of them. I do not like how they look on me at all.

-- CANOES and SEE SAWS. I want to be able to ride a canoe with someone and not have the thing be two ticks away from going under (someone commented on that once - she was a b**** anyway, but it embarrassed me b/c it was true - I was the heaviest in the canoe by like 50 lbs at least).
And I want to be able to go on the see saw with someone other than my football-playing guy friends. I'd like to be the lighter one on the see saw, actually. I can't even get on with most of my friends. I'm a good 40 lbs heavier.

OhThePlaces
01-30-2012, 11:42 AM
--I definitely want to be the wife/mom who "hasn't let herself go"

--I want to be totally comfortable in a swimsuit this summer... no shorts or coverup needed. It won't be a bikini (thanks to having 2 babies in less than 2 years) but a tankini will do. :) I felt pretty good in a swimsuit last summer (at 132) but I want to look/feel even better this year!

--My husband will point out sexy lingerie that he'd love for me to buy... I want to feel confident enough to buy and wear it!

--To be able to look at photos of me and really like what I see! I no longer want to be put off by "bad angles". ;)

lovemydoggiesx2
01-30-2012, 11:43 AM
1. I want to be the one that the guys stare at.
2. I want my husband to say ¨damnnnnn¨ in a good way when he sees me nakes!
3. I want to for the first time in my life wear a smaller size pant than my mom
4. (I live in Europe by the way) I want to feel hot lying topless on the beach
5. I want to feel secure looking at myself in the mirror
6. I want to be able to have children

My list could go on all day....usually when I think of these things I get sad and go eat a cake...but Im changing that!!! :D

TheLindsy
01-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Oh these are always super fun!

-I want to feel good walking around in my panties and bra in the morning when I'm getting ready.

-I wont have to rush to get dressed in the morning after a night of fun ;)

-To be seen as motivation for others

-Wear cute clothes without feeling huge.

-To have ankles!!!

--Oh and finally, to make all the guys in my past jealous that they lost a chance with me. I'm gonna be a hottie!! :P

FatToFitWife
01-30-2012, 11:58 AM
First off, YOU ALL ROCK!! Totally made this thread already so fun :) Secondly, apparently I cannot spell ' journey ' ... Geeze!

Thirdly, I can totally relate to all of these!!! The wanting to wear regulations tall boots,Omg yesss! And smaller jeans than friend, yes please! Hot when nakey ... YES!!

Some more:

I want to run without feeling everything jiggle!

Be smaller than my hubby!

Although I'm very happily married, I want to be the hottie wife to my hubbys friend ... Hehe!

Bonesdontjiggle
01-30-2012, 12:08 PM
I love this thread.

- SIL is pregnant, so I love the timing of me getting skinny while she gets Fat.(horrible, right?)

-Want to get pregnant with baby #3 in the fall, besides being at a healthy weight for baby, I would really love to have one of those cute baby bumps this time rather than looking like a whale.

-Finally be smaller than hubby

philana
01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Ah! Love this thread!

My legs have been fat since I was 15, I've never been able to make them skinny with ankles and smooth skin. So:

- I want to have muscular skinny legs that look better than my skinny friend who is just -thin-
- I want to wear size 36/34 (european) jeans and not cover up my behind with a long siort
- I want to go out on dates and have fun being comfortable in my body
- I want to buy a really nice leather corset and look smokin' hot for going to burlesque parties. Hihi.
- I wanna follow the latest fashion in flimsy clothes and not feel like I'm bigger than my friends.

I know I am not super big, nor have I been. But I live in Europe. So many people, especially the girls I hang out with, are half models. I am already one of the shortest people in my group of friends, and with the added weight.. uhg. I just wanna look more like the average hottie! Hihi.

MedChick87
01-30-2012, 01:47 PM
These are all great! Some of mine:

-I want to wear a size 6 for the first time in my life!

-I want my bf to be able to easily pick me up

-I want to wear sexy lingerie and actually FEEL sexy in it

-I want to be able to take pictures and not worry about how fat I will look or trying to find a "good" angle

-I want these damn dimples in my butt and thighs to go away!! (that may never fully happen, sadly)

djs06
01-30-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't want to dread my best friend's wedding in 2013 because of stress over being 'the beached whale bridesmaid.'

Oh, and.. not having to be contained in one little section of the store that basically only sells muumuus. Although it will be dangerous when that day comes.

runningfromfat
01-30-2012, 02:10 PM
- I want a waist size that's below 30"

- I am hoping to get pregnant again and I want to LOOK pregnant, not just fat! So I don't get a ton of confused looks when I'm 9 months pregnant... :(

- I don't want a single doctor to ever mention my weight again (ok, sort of health related but I do think I'm already at a pretty healthy weight for myself at the moment so I just don't want to hear about it anymore!)

- I want to look awesome in retro dresses.

- I don't want any family members to every refer to how "large" I am or give me cynical looks when I tell them my size.

- I'd like to have a flat stomach for once. I'm sick of looking slightly pregnant when I'm not (honestly not sure if this one is going to happen, though).

Candeka
01-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Hahaha. This is a great idea. All of us think these things, yet we are afraid to say them!! My reasons include :

- I don't want to continue being "the fat friend"
- I want to be skinnier then my bff who has always been thin and has always made secret little jabs at my weight. For example, I wear a tankini instead of a bikini.. and when we were shopping for her bathing suit, I held up one for her to look at (for her) and she said "I'm not some fat girl, why would I wear that"..... yet she knows that's the kind I wear!

- I want to be seen as the hot wife, and not the "pretty but chubby wife"
- I want to be able to wear tight shirts without the rolls or without the bra digging into the back fat causing the back rolls
-Yoga pants for running errands? YES!
-I want to show my friends, family and ex-friends that Yes, I CAN DO IT and I'm not going to be the fat girl forever.

FatToFitWife
01-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Omg, yes!!! Back fat rolls!!!! LOL. I hate them!

emmy13
01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
-I want to wear white shirts! I only look good in white when I can get rid of my muffin top.
- I want to wear cute sundresses this summer.

- I want to feel confident enough to wear tank tops.

- I don't ever want someone to think I'm pregnant again! It's happened and it is mortifying.

- I want to set a healthy example for my 4 year old daughter.

- I want to look hot for my husband!!!!

- I don't want to have to try on 10 outfits to find one that hides my rolls.

And probably a million more....;)

Ema87
01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
- I don't want to continue being "the fat friend"

- I want to not have to think about every single detail when I'm getting dressed e.g. these pants give me a muffin top so I have to wear thisandthat to cover myself up, this shirt shows off my fat hands so I have to wear something over it.. and so on

- I want frenemies to envy me, the same ones that take comfort in looking better than me since they know they aren't as smart. yes, I'm that superficial.

- I want aquaintants surprised faces and enthusiastic comments (especially ones of the opposite sex, who are usually more sincere :D )

Breasaurus
01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
** I want to feel comfortable in my team uniform (booty shorts & Racerback jersey)

** I don't want to change shirts 13 times because none of them fit right

** I want to wear my old jeans that have leather lacing from ankle to hip without my fat squishing through the laces.

** I want to be able to wear my corsets out again without remorse.

smashley52683
01-30-2012, 04:34 PM
This is a fun post:D

Ok.....

I want to no longer be the "fat friend"

I want to wear skinny jeans!!!! More specific, I want to wear skinny jeans and Uggs. I have the Uggs, but I would never subject anyone to having to see my fat butt in anything spandex at this point. I don't care if the look is sooo out of style when I get there...I am buying skinny jeans, damnit!!!

I want to be able to wear a bathing suit WITHOUT an extra layer on top. I am realistic and after 2 kids/c-sections I doubt I will ever wear a bikini, But it would be nice to ditch the tshirt and shorts that I usually wear over my suit.

I want my thighs to not touch when I walk...that would be awesome!!!

I want to be a sexy wife.

I am sure I have a few million more....but time for work.

JoJoP
01-30-2012, 04:47 PM
-I want to fit into my teeny-tiny GAP jeans I bought a few years ago
-I want to be less self-conscious about my strong jaw
-Cheekbones??? I never had them, even at my lowest weight, but you never know!
-I want to *feel pretty*!

princessgina00
01-30-2012, 05:46 PM
-I want to have dimples in my knees and for them to not touch.
-I want to be able to wear a tank top and jeans out of the house this summer without worrying about my fat, flabby arms.
-I want a flat stomach (or one less bulgy).
-I want to look awesome in my swimsuit this summer.
-I want to wear a size 12.
-I want to attract a suitable mate.

Katydid77
01-30-2012, 05:52 PM
ooooohhh, where to start!

~I want to be a size 6, or even a size 4.

~I want to feel confident that when I put something on and it doesn't look fabulous on me, that it's just not my style . . NOT because I have back fat or belly rolls that mess up the lines that the designer meant it to have.

~I want to feel confident to allow my real style to show through, instead of buying clothes simply because they hide various trouble spots.

~I'm short and to guys I'm very petite and cute when I am in great shape and at a good weight BUT when I am the least bit heavy I can look like the Wal-mart smiley face very easily! :^:

~I want to be the 30 something chick that the other women are secretly are a little jealous of.

~I want to look sexy in 'slouchy' clothes like sweats and an oversized shirt.

~I want to be a good example for the rest of my family that struggles with weight issues.

~I don't dress to show my figure all the time, but I want it to be the case, where when I do, guys think "holy crap, I didn't realize she was so hawt!"

~I want to quit wanting all of this AND HAVE IT!! :D

cassieleighgotto
01-30-2012, 08:16 PM
1) I want to be able to smile when I look in the mirror and say "damn, I'm hot!"
2) I want to be able to wear skinny jeans comfortably again!
3) I want to be able to feel sexy in my bra and panties. :p

My goal was never to be "skinny" because, well, that's just not me. My goal is to be a size 12; some people think this is fat but I really don't care. I have a big butt (I've had it since I was a little girl!) and I'm always going to be curvy. I'm okay with that, I would just like to lose some of this excess weight and tone up. :) I want to be comfortable in my own skin again.

Riddy
01-30-2012, 08:40 PM
I also don't want to be the "fat friend"

I want to go to concerts and buy the fitted girl's tshirts (almost there!)

I want my boobs to stick out further than my belly :eek:

I want a swimsuit that doesn't have a skirt bottom

I want Spanx to be an optional piece of clothing

watchoutforthatcar
01-30-2012, 08:52 PM
I loathe being the fat friend

I want to be able to cross my legs comfortably

I want to be able to throw on anything and still think I look cute

I want to be able to wear a skirt! I don't wear skirts or shorts, because frankly I'd look disgusting. I haven't worn any since I was like 14 and even then I was in 18/20. :(

I want to wear a bathing suit and feel comfortable. I haven't warn one in years, and when I did...I wasn't comfortable.

I want to put more time in to my appearance. Sometimes I do, most days I don't. I'll put on makeup and think I look halfway decent, then get somewhere else and see myself and be like, "ok, that's not what my mirror showed me earlier"

I just want to be smaller, healthier, sexier, with more confidence. :)

Sunshine73
01-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Oh, how fun!

1.) I want to be able to ride any of the rides at a carnival (even though I'm too chicken)

2.) I want to be able to fly on an airplane and be able to spend all my time worrying about dying in a fiery crash instead of worrying about whether or not they're going to point me out as the fat woman who needs two seats and a seat belt extender.

3.) I'm short and I want to look petite and cute - not fat and round.

VermontMom
01-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Oh, how fun!

1.) I want to be able to ride any of the rides at a carnival (even though I'm too chicken)

2.) I want to be able to fly on an airplane and be able to spend all my time worrying about dying in a fiery crash instead of worrying about whether or not they're going to point me out as the fat woman who needs two seats and a seat belt extender.

:rofl: OMG that was funny, Sunshine! :D I mean about picking the worrying :)

I'll agree also to - Yoga pants for errands around town!

how about...being confident enough to wear a loose, not long shirt at work, and when you have to reach up for something, and the shirt rides up to show your midriff, you are proud to have it show your hard work. And not embarrassed at all for them to see your belly piercing either!

lilsquirrel
01-30-2012, 11:53 PM
This thread is so motivating!

I want to:

- Be able to comfortably wear a pair of size 12 (UK) jeans

- When there's no seats left around the campfire, to be able to consider sitting on someone's knee and not worry about how heavy I am

- To be able to buy boots that aren't 'wide calf'

- For my boobs and my butt to be in proportion

- To be able to run a 5K in less than 30mins

- For certain guy friends to secretly (or maybe not so secretly ) take notice for a change. ok this ones a lil shallow, but a girl can dream can't she? :^:

Nadya
01-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Gonna need to pull from some other lists for these I think… :D

1. I want to look better in my jeans.
2. I want shirts to look nice on me, no rolls!
3. I'd like to feel confident as I head back out into the dating scene.
4. Following that, I don't want to be afraid of physical intimacy because of my body.
5. I want to give my nasty cousins something to talk about…muahaha… :devil:
6. I want to be able to wear sexy calf high and knee high boots.
7. I'm hoping my fingers slim up…I hate how they look kinda chubby…
8. I want guys to look at me more. It's a confidence booster and it stings being overlooked. :(
9. I want nice legs.
10. I want to be smaller than the men I know, not the same size or larger. >.<
11. I don't want to be ashamed of the size of the clothes in my closet or my shopping cart.
12. I want a pea coat and they only really look nice on thin girls…
13. I want to be small enough that I can be picked up.
14. I want to be able to take pictures of myself without worrying about whether I look fat or not.
15. I don't want to have to avoid wearing white.
16. I want to be able to wear my old clothes again.
17. I want to make a good impression at job interviews and not feel like a sausage, all cramped in my formal outfit. >.<
18. I would like there to be an actual gap between my thighs or at least almost a gap…
19. I want my face to be thinner, I think I actually look pretty when it's not so dang round…
20. I don't want to feel bad for being not only overweight but short, too…not a good combo…
21. I want to be able to cross my legs…like really cross them and not just fail miserably at it...
22. The worst one of all (IMO)…I sort of want that guy to notice... :stress:

Bette k
01-31-2012, 01:13 AM
I love this, my reasons:
I'm over 50 and I don't want to be the fat old lady, I want to be that sexy senior in about 10 years.
Class reunion coming up this summer
I want a tatoo, not sure what but I want one.
I want to be a runner so I need to run at least a 5k.
To live to be 100 or older.

RookaWins
01-31-2012, 03:15 AM
In october when I get married, I want to ASTOUND everybody that has known me my whole life as "chubby", and fat, and come down the aisle as a fit, gorgeous, smoking hot wife!
--i want to be able to wear a bikini! I may not be confident enough to, but I want to look good in one!
--for the first time in my life, I want to grab my stomach and feel just skin and muscle. No roll whatsoever. No belly. Please!
--i wanna be able to experiment with clothes and wear trendy stuff, instead of hunting through sizes to find something.
--i want my fiance to be able to carry me at our wedding! (And wedding night..:) )

RookaWins
01-31-2012, 03:29 AM
Also, I want to be able to go to anime conventions and cosplay, or dress up as characters, and not be the "fat yuna" or "fat rinoa"..lol
and as someone else in here said, I want to HAVE these things and not "want" them!

bodyTOObootylicious
01-31-2012, 04:11 AM
I got my bellybutton pierced when I was 18 and had a super-flat tummy. I'd like for that to look sexy again, as right now it just draws attention to my chunkiness!

FatToFitWife
01-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Can I add every single one of these to mine too?? ;)

Daki
01-31-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm with the man I want to marry and have a family with and even though marriage and kids are still a few years away, I want to be the adorable pregnant woman! I love skinny pregnant ladies, sooo cute! Plus I'm hoping since I was fat that I'll avoid most stretch marks haha.

I want to feel small for the first time ever! I'm only 5'6 but I got to my height before everyone else, feeling like an amazon, and then when the guys surpassed me I was chunky!

I want to be picked up without being scared my weight is hurting the other person.

I want my boyfriend to have a girlfriend with a smokin' body (And since I won't share, it's gotta be me! hehe).

I want my ex to feel kicked in the chest when he sees me next year. He'll see me in 2 weeks at a wedding but when my best friend and his best friend get married in 2013 I'm hoping to be at goal! He always took the time to remind me that I'm fat. So I want him to choke on those words.

sontaikle
01-31-2012, 10:37 AM
I think one "vanity" thing I've always had is my desire to be the bride who is carried into the house/hotel room/wherever by her significant other. My fiance was able to pick me up before, but he struggled to do it. There really was no way he'd be able to effortlessly carry me like that.

Well now he can pick me up with ease. :) It's an amazing feeling.

Of course he always says "well I could pick you up before!" LOL I think it's some macho thing with him. He wants everyone to know that he never had trouble picking me up or something (even though he did :lol:).

I'm with the man I want to marry and have a family with and even though marriage and kids are still a few years away, I want to be the adorable pregnant woman! I love skinny pregnant ladies, sooo cute! Plus I'm hoping since I was fat that I'll avoid most stretch marks haha.

Oh me too! I want to be one of those cute pregnant ladies :) I am going to be the best dressed pregnant lady around, haha!

I'm hoping I avoid stretch marks, too. I already got them, I don't need any more!

I want my ex to feel kicked in the chest when he sees me next year. He'll see me in 2 weeks at a wedding but when my best friend and his best friend get married in 2013 I'm hoping to be at goal! He always took the time to remind me that I'm fat. So I want him to choke on those words.

Lol! I want to SO BADLY run into my ex sometimes. He dumped me because I wouldn't sleep with him and while this was years ago, I'm still bitter about it and it left me scarred since it was my first "real" relationship.

My fiance recently said "that guy made a giant mistake. His loss!" :)

csugirl93
01-31-2012, 05:38 PM
So I can rub it in the faces of all the people I hate and have been mean to me.

letsgethealthy
01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
Hmm I suppose I have a few things...

-- to prove people wrong
-- make my boyfriend jealous when guys talk to me
-- wear cute underwear
-- to be fashionable

I suppose thats about it.

Bigkitty
01-31-2012, 06:27 PM
-I want my curves back, when I was a little younger I had more of a defined waist

-Waist measurement of >30inches

-For my boyfriend to be able to pick me up, he used to be able to but now he can't very well.

-To feel comfortable in my own skin without feeling the need to hide my stomach.

Arctic Mama
01-31-2012, 07:21 PM
These are excellent, ladies!

I haven't tallied my vanity reasons in awhile, so I guess now is the time:

- I want to be fit and curvy when I see my family this Christmas. I've been chubby or outright obese the last eleven years and showing up with three children, at the smallest weight in my adult life? Priceless feeling!
- I want my husband to be able to pick me up with ease. He can do it now, but I love the feeling of being 'dainty' and 'light' when it come to our romance ;)
- I want people to be shocked when they see my kids. I don't mind looking feminine but dropping the obvious mom weight would be excellent.

NO MORE DOUBLE CHINS IN PICTURES! That will be the day!

thistoo
01-31-2012, 07:23 PM
I just really want to fit into my size 10 Banana Republic pink pants again. Those are awesome pants. (I fit into them for about a month two years ago, then I gained back too much to wear them. I will get back in them!)

itsjustmagic
01-31-2012, 07:47 PM
This is probably the best thread ever. :P

1) SHOES! I have very thick calves and thighs, so I have a hard time wearing boots that actually fit and even sandals with straps that fit around my fat feet, lol.

2) Getting out of the plus sizes. I'm sick of wearing the same clothes my grandma wears.. not even kidding, we have matching shirts. x_x

3) I've always been the fat friend and as a few others have said, their friends take pride in the fact that they're not as big as them and it makes them feel better. So I want to be smaller than all of them, lol.

4) Probably just being able to be called small. The first time someone says, aww she's tiny or something like that, i'll be like AHHH. :P

5) Skinny is pretty. I'm not saying fat is ugly, but I feel like you have to try harder when you're bigger. Skinny girls look good with messy hair and baggy shirts. I want to be pretty without trying.

6) Swimsuits. I don't want to be stuck wearing the 'dress' one pieces just to help cover up my fat thighs.

7) All the clothes I still have that I can't fit into anymore. A lot of them i've barely worn so they're brand new. I don't know why I never got rid of them, maybe because i knew that one day i'd be able to wear them again.

8) Being smaller than the guy.

9) Hairstyles! It's so hard finding a nice hairstyle for my pudgy face! ugh.

10) Being able to prove everyone wrong, especially myself.

Nadya
01-31-2012, 08:36 PM
2) Getting out of the plus sizes. I'm sick of wearing the same clothes my grandma wears.. not even kidding, we have matching shirts. x_x

Aww, this was cute, it made me laugh. :D

Bridget Jones
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm fortunate enough to have super supportive friends and sisters, so most of my vanity reasons are based on my own annoying fears/reservations.

David Letterman style, my top 10 vanity/superficial reasons:

1) Give Lane Bryant the middle finger forever. So sick of paying $90 for jeans just so the crotch can hang. I've been getting ripped off at LB for years, and I'm sick of it. Also sucks when you want to shop with your friends and you have to split off so you can shop in the fatty store alone.
Honorable mention middle finger: Old Navy, for moving their plus size to online-only, which is like saying "Hey, we'll take your money, but we don't want you in our store." F-you too!

2) Go to the beach without requiring a suit of armor/granny dress/bathing suit from the 1950s. So sick of wearing t-shirts, shorts, etc. and still feeling like a whale. Swimming in layers is ridiculous, and it'd probably slow me down if I had to get away from a shark. Just saying.

3) Get in and out of 2 door cars without looking like Chris Farley. Reminds me of his skit about "fat guy in a little coat" except it's fat girl in a little car.

4) Wear boots that come above the ankle. So annoying, I feel like I've waited my whole life for high riding boots to be in style, and I'm going to miss it. In a few years, I'll be that girl that's out of style but happily wearing a brown pair.

5) Be smaller than an NFL football player. I'm a huge sports fan (Go Patriots!), and I hate it when I watch a football game and realize I'm fatter than the freaking linebackers. And lineman.

6) Fly without having my arms crossed the entire time. Also, I'd like to be able to use my laptop without having it on my chest/neck because it's so cramped.

7) Play recreational sports again. I used to play basketball, softball, and other sports quite often. I really miss it, and I plan to pick it up again as soon as I can run without needing icy hot. Also interested in getting back into martial arts.

8) Stop skipping events because I'm self-conscious - which include: reunions, weddings, etc. This behavior is really dumb, short term thinking but I can't help it. It'll be nice to be excited for people to see me.

9) Go on roller coasters. I love roller coasters, but I'd never even bother at this weight. Disneyland has crap roller coasters except one, so it'll be nice to hit up Six Flags or something and not even worry.

10) Look awesome in my maid of honor dress at my sister's wedding. This is a big one for me, probs my most important one right now. They haven't set a date, it'll probably be at least a year and probably more, so I have time to really look and feel a lot better. I love my little sister, and I don't want to worry about taking pics, finding a fugly shawl for my dress, etc.

We can do this!

CocoTruffles
02-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Some of these are too cute but all too true and Im right there with you all.

1) I totally cant wait til I can go out somewhere and order food and not get judgmental looks

2) I am so ready to finally be skinner then my DH for once and be able to be picked up by him

3) I want to be a hot wife

4) To finally stop having to order most of my clothes online

5) Be able to pick out a cute bikini or bra and undies set instead of having such limited options

6) No more fat rolls that make all my clothing look awkward!

7) Fit into a pair of skinny jeans and not look like Im being squeezed like a tube of toothpaste

8) Being told "you look great" for once after seeing someone I haven't seen in a while

9) Not sinking anymore when I sit on a low quality couch or my bed

10) Wear a baby doll style tee for the first time in my life

11) Not be afraid to get on a plane

12) When I get the chance to go visit my family over in Asia again Id for once like to not stick out like a sore thumb because Im the biggest person in the crowd at the local food shop

My main thing though is just being able to walk into a shop and buy something on sale in my size instead of having to pass it up because the only sizes that are left are to small.

Kahokkuri
02-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Short term: Want to feel hot when my slampiece comes to town in a couple weeks!

Long term: Want to stop feeling like a fat giant next to my petite, thin friends; I have wanted this for as long as I can remember.

I've definitely got more, but those come immediately to mind.

FatToFitWife
02-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Oh, just thought of yet another!!!

To not have my underwear cut into the fat on my hips!!

I'm so glad we are all having so much fun with this :)

Riddy
02-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Short term: Want to feel hot when my slampiece comes to town in a couple weeks!

I LOVE this! You go, girl!

linJber
02-01-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm 60, so the bikini idea doesn't fly, but looking nice in a tankini with a skirt bottom is good for me.

Lots of you mentioned wanting to look good in front of an ex. Well, that goes here, too, and I didn't even know it was going to happen. I've been divorced for 25 years and have a friendly relationship with my ex (daughter's father) and his wife. I was at a charity dance with friends and ran into them. HER reaction was fabulous, and he didn't recognize me until I was just 3" away. Priceless for sure.

Other than clothes and health, I think my main vain reason is to prove the person who said,"You'll be sorry you gave your fat clothes away. Everyone gains it back" wrong.

Great job everyone. Here's to smoking hot chicks of all ages.

Lin

knoxie
02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Awesome thread :D

- I never want to hear the 'you have such a pretty face BUT...' comment ever again.

- I want to be hot and have guys be interested in me. Shallow maybe, true definitely :D

- I want to be able to choose the clothes I want, not be forced into picking the only ones that fit.

- I want my shoes to not explode with my chunky feet spilling out of them.

- I want to be able to go to a restaurant without thinking I'm not gonna fit in the seats or having to check if the chairs are fixed to the floor or not!

- I want my social life back!

- I want to be able to share clothes with girlfriends and not have to say 'oh they don't make them in small sizes' when they ask like something I have on and ask where I got my clothes :^:

- I want to not feel like a hyprocite at work when I'm talking about famines overseas and people look at me like I ate all the rations we were gonna send out there :D

- I want to have a day where I don't worry about what I just ate, what I'm gonna eat, if I need to run 5k that night to burn off lunch etc.

- I'd like to look good in photos, and allow people to tag me on facebook/even take pics of me in the first place!

Ryler832
02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I want to not hide behind anyone in photos.

I want to wear a bikini and not have to wear cover-ups or shorts.

I want for my thighs to not rub together. Totally hate that.

I want to not feel insecure when I wear sleeveless shirts or dresses and not have to do the "skinny arm" pose in every picture.

I want to be the one where people say I look good after having 2 kids.

I know I'm not as big as I use to be but I'm still not comfortable where I'm at. Time to get my butt back into gear so I can prove all my doubters wrong.

Lunula
02-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Love this thread!!

For me...

I want a sexy pair of boots that fit perfectly over my calves!
I want to be able to walk into ANY store, try on ANY piece of clothing and buy or not buy it based on whether I love it, not based on whether "it just fits me"
I want to TRAVEL the world and not shrink away from any new encounter because I am self-conscious about my weight
I want my dress size to be a single digit
I don't want to run every time I see a camera come out

LittleBrownBike
02-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Ohhh so many reasons!!

- because I'm the second wife and I want my husband to have a smokin' hot babe on his arm (uhm, me, LOL)... I want his first wife, his daughter and his sisters to be super jealous (emotionally damaged, I know.. LOL)
- because I want to go to "regular" stores and try stuff on because I think its pretty, not go to "big girl" stores and try stuff on just because it will fit
- because I love to travel with my husband and am tired of always being tired and hating every vacation picture
- because I'm ALWAYS hot even when I'm wearing shorts and a tank top and I feel like I can never get comfortable, let alone wear something with long sleeves or layers
- because I wan't to wear sexy lingerie not the oversized tank top and PJ bottoms I got on clearance at Old Navy lol
- because I want my husband to be powerless against his urges to ravage me on the sofa, lol

Oh I could go on all day... UGH!! LOL

huds
02-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Let's see, my reasons...

I'm on a dance team and I'm tired of being the fatty and my partner is one of those skinny types and I want to look balanced wit him when we perform. Not to mention it'll make both of our lives easier when we do aerials

I am athletic and have been for years but I want to look the part so that I don't feel weird telling people I'm a weight lifting, dancing, runner who also happens to be a cyclist. I want to look good in my cycling spandex, cause let me tell you there is nothing more intimidating than a group of men who would make a normal/healthy person feel like a whale when put in spandex

I want to be one of the "hot" girls when I go out to the bars, I want to put on something skimpy and look awesome.

Also, it'd be really nice to be able to swap clothes with friends

Mimzzy
02-02-2012, 03:49 PM
I love these threads!

- I don't want my underwear to pinch out my muffin top
- Feel better in those intimate moments
- Be a head turner in a bikini this year
- Be the "skinny" friend
- Show my mother I CAN commit to something

I have so many, but those are some of the best!

Mimzzy
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Forgot an important one!

If I ever see my ex again, I want his jaw to DROP! Seriously, I want drool and him to get the sinking feeling. I want " I let THAT go?" to go through his mind. Oh yes. Sounds very bad of me since I am in a happy relationship now but I cant help it! lol

MiZTaCCen
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
-I want to be the hot blonde bombshell single friend.
-I want the guys to be intimadated by me because they know I'm too good for them but try to get my attention anyways.
-I want to strut around in a bikini on the beach without being ashamed of myself.
- I want to be able to have a nice sexy classy photo shoot without having rolls, double chin or anything that shouldn't be there make the photo's look horrific.
-I want to be able to wear a tight mini dress and look slender and sexy instead buldgy and gross.
-I have to have sex with the lights on, and walk around naked afterwards without caring.
- I want to be able to go shopping after I eat so I can still see how amazing I look in clothing...instead of eating afterwards to advoid that horrific look in the mirror of omg this looks so bad on me.
-I want to be in every photo that's being taken and take more photo's instead of hide from the camera.
-I just want my old body back so I can take better care of it this time and never become fat again, to prove everyone wrong and to have all my hater's jealous of me because I did it and their too lazy too. woot!

MiZTaCCen
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
If I ever see my ex again, I want his jaw to DROP! Seriously, I want drool and him to get the sinking feeling. I want " I let THAT go?" to go through his mind.

I'm totally stealing this one! YES that too!

jeminijad
02-02-2012, 05:05 PM
I want to be an hourglass. It is in there somewhere; I glimpsed it when I was 18. I'll have it back or die trying.

Also: I want to walk down the main aisle at work in curve hugging designer denim, a clinging knit top and my hair done perfectly. The aisle is the length of a football field and all of the tall, young male managers work along it. It is going to be freaking awesome.

Then I'll get back to work and repair the damage to my feminist rep :dizzy:

makingthechanges
02-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Awesome thread :D

- I want to be able to choose the clothes I want, not be forced into picking the only ones that fit.

- I'd like to look good in photos, and allow people to tag me on facebook/even take pics of me in the first place!

Yes, yes, yes!

This is a weird one- I want to see my hysterectomy scar without lifting my belly up. It's on the underside of my belly hang now. It's not pretty, but just the thought that I'm too fat to see it pisses me off lol. I am starting to be able to see 1 little part of it where they cut upwards a little. Why does that make me so happy?

I want to wear tank tops without feeling like my upper arms are the size of a freaking leg.

funnycanadiangirl
02-03-2012, 12:28 AM
I love that I'm not the only person who wants to make an ex suffer!

I work for a sports team, and so does my ex. When next season starts it would be nice if looking at me makes him want to die a little. Especially since he wasn't looking tip-top when I saw him last (cruel, maybe... but true! :devil:)

ilovemo
02-03-2012, 12:37 AM
to have all my hater's jealous of me because I did it and their too lazy too. woot!

HAHAHA LOVE THIS!! :dance:

LittleBrownBike
02-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Also: I want to walk down the main aisle at work in curve hugging designer denim, a clinging knit top and my hair done perfectly. The aisle is the length of a football field and all of the tall, young male managers work along it. It is going to be freaking awesome.

You go girl!!! Did you start doing couch to 5k yet? I started it two days ago so today will be my week 1 part 2... I thought I was going to die.. but it was an amazing feeling, I actually completed it even though my running part was more of a lurching forward walk lol but once I cooled off I felt like I could do ANYTHING.

Butterfly1987
02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
I want for my ex to cry into his cheeseburger after seeing how sexaaay I've gotten hehhe

valalltogether
02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
i'm a bartender and i'm looking to change jobs soon. i think i'll have a better chance at getting hired somewhere else if i drop pounds and look fit.

OhThePlaces
02-04-2012, 12:56 PM
i'm a bartender and i'm looking to change jobs soon. i think i'll have a better chance at getting hired somewhere else if i drop pounds and look fit.

I feel this way too. After staying home with my babies for the last three years, I'm ready to go back to work (as an elementary teacher). Although I was easily hired back in 2007 (30+ lbs heavier) I know that dropping a few pounds will make me feel so much more confident and put together.

LARWife
02-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I want to shop in the juniors section just because I never got to when I was a teen!

I want to be the hot and bangin wife that my husbands friends will be jealous of.

I don't want to feel self conscious when I go to the beach with my SIL. She is the one who complained 2 weeks after having her daughter that she could only fit into her size 4 jeans and not her size 2's...really?

I want to wear what is in! I have been dressing my younger sister (15) and living through her vicariously fashion wise that is.

marmar09
02-13-2012, 01:45 AM
I want to not feel invisible next to my gorgeous cousins and friends.
I want to wear cute summer dresses.
I want to be able to cross my legs.
I want my old HS peers to eat their hearts out. ;)
I want to lose the weight so I can stop hiding my true self and finally feel comfortable enough to get close to someone and develop my first real romantic relationship. :)
I want to be able to walk and not feel like everybody is staring at my fatness.
I want a wardrobe with cute clothes that I was always deprived of! I'm sick of wearing the same clothes over and over again.

Snoofie
02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
I want to wear knee high boots that AREN'T for "thick calves"!!!!

I hope you have much better luck with this than I have...I've always wanted to wear those boots, but even after losing a little over 50 pounds, no dice. :(

cookiedough34
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM
I want to be a MUM and for that i need to lose weight
I want to run round after my kids playing with them
I want to shop in places like river island, monsoon not fat shops
I want to wear sexy underwear for my partner and not look like a beached whale
I want to get out of bed and chuck on my partners shrt without it streaching or not fitting me
I want to go to theme parks and go on the rides and not be worried about not fitting

AilsaPearl
02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
I want to be able to try on clothes in a dressing room with multiple mirrors and look good from every angle, even the terrible love handle exposing back!

I want to never feel like the biggest person in my group of friends again.

I want all the people who doubted me or didn't think I would succeed to see me now ;)

I want to be able to go shopping and not automatically pick up a L or XL just because I know the S and M will definitely not fit me.

I want to be the one people ask for advice and workout with.

I want to be able to see pictures of myself without thinking "omg look at my double chin."

I want it because I know I can do it !!!

InsideMe
02-14-2012, 12:25 PM
1. I wanna wear a bikini SO BAD!
2. I LOVE fashion and want to be able to wear what I want not just what fits me
3. I want to be a hottie for Pride this year
4. I love cute little sundresses but always hated my arms so I want to show them off!

that's basically it I just wanna be a hottie! LOL A HEALTHY LEAN hottie :)

HappyNurse2005
02-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Oh, how fun!

3.) I'm short and I want to look petite and cute - not fat and round.

Sunshine the airplane one is hilarous!! I am deathly afraid of airplanes, and always say that it will take a hot man taking me to a nice beach to get me on an airplane, so this one resonated with me even more.

personally
-- I want to look good naked! (only if this doesn't leave me with a ton of loose skin....
----i dont ever want to worry that I am the fattest person in the room
--- I want to wear whatever clothes i like, not have to wonder if they will show off my fat
----i want a thong to look good, not get lost
----i want men to look at me. (im single)
---- i dont want to have to worry that any guy i have a crush on will not like me because i'm too fat. yes, i know, if its really love, a man will not care, but i'd rather not face that potential
---i want to be hot!

bsbgirl86
02-29-2012, 12:44 AM
I LOVE this!! Really nice and refreshing to know we all share the same desires..

A HUGE goal of mine has always been to get to a point that I feel confident enough to get a belly ring. I have ALWAYS wanted one! I think they're so cute and sexy!!

Also, to wear a bathing suit (tankini would be ok, cause I'm pretty sure lower stomach will always be.. loose..) to a pool or the beach (I'm a SoCal girl! and wasting it!!)

And lastly. BOYS!! I want a freaking cute guy to flirt and ask me out!! I also wanna make the guy that turned me down and broke my heart about 14 months ago to regret his decision!!

redlight
02-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Fit into my size 6 jeans. Almost there
Flat stomach at least when I stand
Smaller boobs and cute bras

marmar09
02-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Also, I want to be able to fit into a VS bathing suit. I can't post links yet but it's called Carmen Marco Valvo Retro one piece. GORGEOUS in a sea blue.

Gimme like two years. :D