Weight Loss Support - Oh.My.Carbs!

View Full Version : Oh.My.Carbs!

Sunshine73
01-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I ate too many of them this weekend and this morning, the scale is showing it.

For me, they are pure, yummy evil!!

:devil::devil::devil:

Back on track today and trying not to beat myself up too much over it.

ELBS717
01-30-2012, 10:12 AM
I feel ya. Went to a conference over the weekend, and there was no hope for me whatsoever. Time to move on!.... after my hubby's birthday tomorrow. ;)

aliasihaya
01-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I had the same problem. I always tend to fall apart on the weekends. I have less structure then. But unfortunately this time it's lingering into Monday. I'm worried that I won't get it back under control again. I've already gained back 2 pounds and am seriously hoping it's water weight. But carbs tend to just stick to me.

My carbs are the starchy kind. I love pasta. What are your favorite carbs?

ilovemo
01-30-2012, 06:22 PM
carbs stick to my body soo badly.. ugh! lol only source of carbs for me is fruit

EagleRiverDee
01-30-2012, 06:42 PM
I love carbs, but I definitely have to watch them if I want to lose weight. If I eat carbs, I do not lose weight.

vixxi
01-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I just started counting carbs today, I'm doing Weight Watchers flex plan and if I could I would eat all my points in carbs, love em! I was wonder how many carbs you should limit yourself to per day in order to lose weight? I read 100 to 150g of carbs per day.

freelancemomma
01-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Not to reactivate what I'm sure is an old debate, but from my perspective (and experience) you can lose weight on any amount of carbs as long as you're running a calorie deficit. Last year I lost 50 pounds on a carb-heavy diet, but I only ate about 1,400 calories per day.

F.

ilovemo
01-30-2012, 09:10 PM
^ I dont agree with that.. Calories deficits dont work for everyone. Ive done calorie deficits that were extremely precise and I didnt lose even one lb. When I removed all sugar, bread, pasta, flour-y items, etc.. Im dropping weight very steadily and Im loving it. Granted, not everyone can make it a life style. I personally prefer eating this way, so for life im set.. but carb lovers.. probably not.

canadianwoman
01-30-2012, 09:58 PM
My fav carb is basmati rice with green peas mixed into it. I am actually sitting here thinking about making a pot....probably because I am sick with a real nasty cold and want some comfort food.

Sunshine73
01-30-2012, 09:59 PM
Mmmm...carbs. *Homer Simpson drool* Not happy that others have the same struggle but happy to not be by myself in the Monday morning corner of shame. ;)

aliasihaya: You CAN get back on track. I know sometimes it seems like you'll never find your way through the bramble and back onto the road but you will - just keep pushing forward. And boy do I know what you mean about carbs making you bloat right up. Bleh!

Sunshine73
01-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Not to reactivate what I'm sure is an old debate, but from my perspective (and experience) you can lose weight on any amount of carbs as long as you're running a calorie deficit. Last year I lost 50 pounds on a carb-heavy diet, but I only ate about 1,400 calories per day.

F.

I understand that this works for a LOT of people, maybe even most people but it doesn't work for me.

I counted calories for absolutely ages. I measured everything and logged it religiously. What I discovered was that if I wanted to lose weight I had to drop my calories below 1000 per day (this was with exercise). For me, that calorie level was not sustainable. At 1400 calories a day I would gain - slowly, but still I would gain.

Now I still log everything I eat - just the same as I did before - but instead of watching calories now my eye is on the carbs. Having restricted my carbs I can comfortably consume between 1500 and 2000 calories a day and lose weight fairly easily.

For me it's not as simple as calories in/calories out. I know according to the science of nutrition it *should* be but it's not and I'm not the only one out there like this.