Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Monday 1/30/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Monday 1/30/12

wuv2bloved
01-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Linden
01-30-2012, 04:45 AM
Hi Marcella. I'm carrying this over from the Weekend thread because you might not see it there. ]Just a couple of observations because a lot of what you ask has been covered really well.

You don't mention oil, but you do mention constipation. Sometimes there is as close a link to the Big C and little oil as there is little water. And I'm assuming Romaine is in the mix too.

I'd explore some of the puddings, especially IP, made as a smoothie with 14-16 ounces of water -- for variety as well as the fact that they are filling. But only get the high protein ones.

80 g of protein is a bit light. You might look into something like Syntrax Nectar, if I'm spelling that right. It is a bulk product so instead of measuring the 25 g per serving you could up it to 30 and not get a lot of extra carbs with that particular product. Syntrax Matrix is tasty but 6 carbs per serving.

Eating green, green, green is great except so is eating green, red, and yellow. And if you want a really high nutrient green cum white, try endive as a salad or braised. To be honest, I'd mix in some colors. After all a red pepper is richer in nutrients a green pepper. I'm also a big fan of cider vinegar, first because I like it, and second because it's great for an alkaline eating program. Hope this helps a little.

justme685
01-30-2012, 05:35 AM
Has anyone noticed they have way more energy now than ever before? I have been so wired these past two days I've even experienced insomnia (ie. right now). The past two nights I haven't fallen asleep till 5 am and I get up again at 8 am. I haven't been having naps during the day nor have I been exercising. I would love to get a full eight hours of sleep, I'm worried that I might crash one of these days in the middle of a lecture at school!

NavyMommy
01-30-2012, 07:40 AM
Good morning!!

WI this morning, DOWN another 2.4lbs :) I was really hoping to break into the 175's today, but then I realized, what was the last diet I was on where I consistently lost more than a pound a week? Um, none of them!! LOVE IP!!!

Plus, TOM should be here any day now, so I know I'm retaining water. It also helped me to realize that the water bottle I use (24 ounces) holds a pound and a half of water (A pints a pound the world around!). It's really not that much (I drink between 4-6 a day). Water is just heavy stuff.

I also thought of what I tell my children when they're bickering over who got the biggest pancake or the red v blue cup "You get what you get and you don't get upset". Really this is MY fight to get my body back. I know that I am doing everything I can on my end so in time my body will let go of the weight so I can get back to a healthy place, but until then I just need to do all that I know to do and it will come off.

Busy day today, lunch is already packed :) I hope everyone has a great day!!

NavyMommy
01-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Has anyone noticed they have way more energy now than ever before? I have been so wired these past two days I've even experienced insomnia (ie. right now). The past two nights I haven't fallen asleep till 5 am and I get up again at 8 am. I haven't been having naps during the day nor have I been exercising. I would love to get a full eight hours of sleep, I'm worried that I might crash one of these days in the middle of a lecture at school!

I do, I occasionally take an herbal supplement called Melatonin to help me fall asleep. I do enjoy the increased energy though!!

Marcella
01-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi Marcella. I'm carrying this over from the Weekend thread because you might not see it there. ]Just a couple of observations because a lot of what you ask has been covered really well.

You don't mention oil, but you do mention constipation. Sometimes there is as close a link to the Big C and little oil as there is little water. And I'm assuming Romaine is in the mix too.

I'd explore some of the puddings, especially IP, made as a smoothie with 14-16 ounces of water -- for variety as well as the fact that they are filling. But only get the high protein ones.

80 g of protein is a bit light. You might look into something like Syntrax Nectar, if I'm spelling that right. It is a bulk product so instead of measuring the 25 g per serving you could up it to 30 and not get a lot of extra carbs with that particular product. Syntrax Matrix is tasty but 6 carbs per serving.

Eating green, green, green is great except so is eating green, red, and yellow. And if you want a really high nutrient green cum white, try endive as a salad or braised. To be honest, I'd mix in some colors. After all a red pepper is richer in nutrients a green pepper. I'm also a big fan of cider vinegar, first because I like it, and second because it's great for an alkaline eating program. Hope this helps a little.
Thanks Linden for your info. I do use extra virgin olive oil on my veggies. I have many stomach sensitivities and cannot eat raw veggie's of any kind so salads are out. I cannot eat green peppers but can have red and yellow but thought we were not able to eat those in the first phase. I believe the Syntrax has milk in it and I am badly lactose. See what I have to deal with in my life? LOL There is not much I can eat but this IP works pretty good for me. I think oil is the problem and am going to get some Magnesium citrate as it was recommended to me here. I wonder if flax seeds are allowed to include in pudding or shake? Thanks again.

sandralosingweight
01-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Good morning everyone,

Getting sicker and sicker, as I am typing this, I am waiting at the doctor's clinicto see what he'd give me, maybe some antibiotics. Last night I had a fever of 40 degrees C, so I was burning up.

All I feel like doing is sleep and sleep some more, all my muscles are aching.

All this and I am happy yo report that I am still 100% OP.

EmilySebetka
01-30-2012, 07:45 AM
I've also had tons of energy. I can keep going even though I'm tired. Its really coming in handy when I have to wake up at 5:30am most days. You might want to try 20 min of walking. Or try to relax yourself by doing deep breathing. While you breathe, relax every muscle in your body. If you use the computer before bed, or are on it while trying to sleep, that could also be the problem.

I've been there before.

I'm trying my new alternative products even though I'm not quitting IP until Wednesday. I am currently consuming an EAS drink. Its okay, not chocolatey enough, so next time, I'm mixing it with less water. But hey, at least it doesn't taste like butt!

sandralosingweight
01-30-2012, 07:59 AM
I find it funny to say "taste like butt", I mean the butt is not an edible thing to compare with food! I know it is just an expression, but I find it vulgar. Sorry, just my honest opinion

Linden
01-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks Linden for your info. I do use extra virgin olive oil on my veggies. I have many stomach sensitivities and cannot eat raw veggie's of any kind so salads are out. I cannot eat green peppers but can have red and yellow but thought we were not able to eat those in the first phase. I believe the Syntrax has milk in it and I am badly lactose. See what I have to deal with in my life? LOL There is not much I can eat but this IP works pretty good for me. I think oil is the problem and am going to get some Magnesium citrate as it was recommended to me here. I wonder if flax seeds are allowed to include in pudding or shake? Thanks again.

Shucks. You did say you had food sensitivities, especially with raw food, and it didn't click about the salad. But the good news is that red and yellow peppers are OK. And the reason I knew about the Syntrax, pure whey isolate, is I can't have soy. :( Nuts and seeds aren't allowed although you would get 2.8 g of fiber from a tablespoon. I think your best bet is the Ma citrate, but not the whole bottle at once, perhaps. That might really be too harsh on your system. Good luck. :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-30-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't remember if I posted or not but I lost 2lbs at my "official" weigh-in of yesterday. 10lbs in 3 weeks, I will TAKE IT!

3 weeks today! WOO HOO!

Ducksmy
01-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Happy Monday Everyone!,
Feeling Good! I was kinda of ired for sound yesterday as my energy was through the roof! Got alot done!. All this is really opening my hubby's eyes as to what he is eating and how it hurts his diabetic body. He loved my baked tater last night. (Turnip in the microwave, spray butter , splenda, sea salt and pepper).
Everyone be safe and have a great day!
****** Sandralosingweight****** Hope you feels tons better!

:flow1: for every 5 lbs lost

:flow1:

WI # 1 -8lbs

lingereverywhere
01-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Good morning all! Another 3.8 lbs couldn't take the heat this week :D This was WI 3 so I'm preparing myself to see smaller numbers soon, but I'm very very happy with this!

I've had a few of those famous cheating dreams lately -- they're pretty funny. Well, the first one wasn't, I had eaten half a floppy cheese pizza when I suddenly realized it wasn't OP and I dream-felt just stricken with remorse. The latest one shows improvement in my attitude and control though: I was hanging out in the kitchen at a family get-together and absentmindedly popped two small mozzarella balls in my mouth. Almost immediately, I popped them right back out again, rinsed my mouth and calmly went on with my day lol.

Have a wonderful OP energetic day everyone!

Chuckles1330
01-30-2012, 09:58 AM
New week, new resolve to stay organized and remain on plan! Good luck to everyone with WI this week. :dancer:

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Due to money issues I was not able to start on IP like I wanted to. HOWEVER I am back on as of today. Even though our internet is cut off (I am using a neighbor's internet with permission), I am determined to work online and have enough to buy the next week's groceries.

Despite me not being on IP the last two weeks I still managed to lose nearly 5 pounds in that time. For me not being on the diet, I say that's pretty good! I'm about to take my measurements now.

Things may get hectic for me soon, so I hope I can still stick to this during the next few months. My mom may be hired at the Medical Center in San Antonio (which is great, because we've been trying to get back to Texas for years). My siblings need to finish up school, though, so we'd be staying in VA until June while she stays in a hotel there to work during that time. I wanted to go with her, but I didn't think I'd be able to keep IP up while in a hotel room for months upon months. I'm also starting some eye exercises to see if I can make my eye turn straight. I had surgery to correct it when I was four (my eye went from being so far in that you couldn't see the pupil to being slightly off center), but I never did the eye patch because it's difficult not being able to see 6 hours a day when you're four. Nonetheless, I'm doing that starting now with a makeshift eye patch. Stress levels are going to be high ):

MustangMolly
01-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Happy Monday to everyone! One more pound gone this week. It would be easy to say only 1 pound but I have learned that every pound we lose is a success! For me, one of the biggest changes I have experienced since starting IP is the change in TOM. Not just frequency or being on schedule but little things like not getting the signs/symptoms I would get reminding me it was on the way. I also don't seem to suffer cramps like I used to. Isn't it amazing how nice our body treats us when we treat it nicely? Good luck to everyone with WI's coming up this week.

Ishbel
01-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Anyone have an up to date .pdf on Phase 1, I have the old one but not an e-copy of the new one. Have a friend interested in the diet and would like to go alternative. Also, there used to be a google doc excel spreadsheet comparing the IP foods with all the alternatives, anyone save that?

Good morning everyone,

Getting sicker and sicker, as I am typing this, I am waiting at the doctor's clinicto see what he'd give me, maybe some antibiotics. Last night I had a fever of 40 degrees C, so I was burning up.

WOW Sandra, you're doing fantastic...but I'd say it was time to go to the doc's too! 40 C :/

Feel better SOON!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Anyone have an up to date .pdf on Phase 1, I have the old one but not an e-copy of the new one. Have a friend interested in the diet and would like to go alternative. Also, there used to be a google doc excel spreadsheet comparing the IP foods with all the alternatives, anyone save that?

WOW Sandra, you're doing fantastic...but I'd say it was time to go to the doc's too! 40 C :/

Feel better SOON!

Here is the excel thingur for the comparisons -> http://www.mediafire.com/?6p863528endstyl
It's slightly different than the official one, but only in that everything is on one page rather than them being on different sheets.

And I attached the Phase 1 sheet that I got from Ideal to Go a couple of weeks ago.

mompattie
01-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Another 3 lbs bites the dust!!!! Whoo hoo!!! Have a great day everyone!!

jency
01-30-2012, 10:36 AM
OMG! Has anyone tried Sxinny Mist? It blocks the sugar receptors on your tongue, while it balances out your blood sugar. I'm trying to get started back on Ideal protein to get the rest of this weight off. However, everytime I try the cravings overtake me and I fall of the wagon. I have an extreme sweet tooth which is usually the downfall of all my diets. I tried this at a friends house and it is amazing! It made my all time favorite food (english toffee ) taste so bitter (especially the little bits stuck in your teeth!). I will seriously never try the stuff again.

Anyways.. I know I've been off the boards for awhile.. but here goes try 32! Wish me luck!

Icathinme
01-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Anyone tried the chocolate pancakes? I made them this morning, and even though the flavor isn't bad, they are so THIN! I mixed according to directions...any tips or tricks???

Endless Dieter
01-30-2012, 10:48 AM

My sleeping pattern totally changed with IP now I am lucky to get in 6 hours/nite sometimes 5 (pre IP- 8 hours). I am used to now and since I have so much more energy I cannot understand. Hopefully I will be able to sleep more with this new energy level once I start the maintance phase of diet.

Ducksmy
01-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Way to go Mompattie!!!!!

DanafromAustin
01-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Good morning everyone,

Sandra you're doing great in spite of being sick. Sounds like you have the flu. Take care and just drink lots and lots of fluids.

Congratulations to all of those who are having good WIs this morning regardless of the amount. As long as the number is going down and not up is a very good thing.

MustangMolly
01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Anyone tried the chocolate pancakes? I made them this morning, and even though the flavor isn't bad, they are so THIN! I mixed according to directions...any tips or tricks???

Try cutting back on the water.

wuv2bloved
01-30-2012, 11:30 AM

This is what I have....

Momto2cs
01-30-2012, 11:42 AM
I have lots of energy, but by the time I finish work, work out, eat and plan lunch and dinner for the next day I am done. I often sleep 10 hours, although thy are interrupted by bathroom break. All that water....

Romaine can also be stir fried. It is delicious! Another way to get lettuce in without eating it raw...

I made hash browns out of my turnip yesterday. Delicious.

I also tried the cauliflower bread sticks. My dh and I were impressed, although I expect they would be even better with cheese! I could see using it as a pizza crust...or thin bread.

grassfedbeef
01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Trying not to get down. I started IP on 9/12/11 and besides the first week when I lost ALOT of weight I have very consistently lost 3 pounds a week (which I am THRILLED with!) I have had an occassional week with 4 and an occassional week with 2, but it has overall been a steady 3 per week. My WI is tomorrow and I am only down 1 pound this week. Hopefully there will be a little woosh by tomorrow, but it's very odd to me, to not have lost my typical 3 or at least 2. Hoping for some inches at least! :) Because I have been so consistent I have never experienced the ups and downs in weight loss like many of you have. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going crazy with being upset, just have a slight concern that my predictable losses are about to stop.

sandralosingweight
01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
The doctor's verdict: bronchitis, I was relieved since when he sent me to do an xray for my chest, he said he wanted to make sure it wasn't pneumonia, so, I am glad it is not. He gave me antibiotics and order me to stay in bed for 3 days.

idealpromom
01-30-2012, 11:58 AM
I apologize in advance because I can't remember who posted the blueberry pudding muffin recipe... but OMG it is soooooooooooooooo good . Thank you ! I am actually going to try and make it with Lemon pudding also.

New Englander
01-30-2012, 12:06 PM
The doctor's verdict: bronchitis, I was relieved since when he sent me to do an xray for my chest, he said he wanted to make sure it wasn't pneumonia, so, I am glad it is not. He gave me antibiotics and order me to stay in bed for 3 days.
Feel better soon... {{hugs}}

New Englander
01-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Trying not to get down. I started IP on 9/12/11 and besides the first week when I lost ALOT of weight I have very consistently lost 3 pounds a week (which I am THRILLED with!) I have had an occassional week with 4 and an occassional week with 2, but it has overall been a steady 3 per week. My WI is tomorrow and I am only down 1 pound this week. Hopefully there will be a little woosh by tomorrow, but it's very odd to me, to not have lost my typical 3 or at least 2. Hoping for some inches at least! :) Because I have been so consistent I have never experienced the ups and downs in weight loss like many of you have. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going crazy with being upset, just have a slight concern that my predictable losses are about to stop.
Don't worry! Just keep up with the IP protocol regardless of stalls... They happen to many of us and just keep plugging away...there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you'll reach it!!!

And PS you've been doing fabulous!!!

idealpromom
01-30-2012, 12:21 PM
:stars::stars::getwell::getwell::getwell::stars:Go od morning everyone,

:getwell:

sassysi
01-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I am on day 7, but started like I am on Phase 2 (due to money)...a few days I have had to do 3 packets tho. When does the increased energy start for most?
I am already tired of the same food every day, and there is only a handful of the IP items I can handle (not digging texture of puddings). I need to try new receipes that are on here, but all the counting overwhelms me. TOM is right around the corner for me, so not sure how my first weigh in will be impacted by that. Just hoping to get thru another week, and be past the cravings...headaches..fatigue. Thanks for being here all!

Linden
01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
I also tried the cauliflower bread sticks. My dh and I were impressed, although I expect they would be even better with cheese! I could see using it as a pizza crust...or thin bread.

I'm sorry. I totally missed these and couldn't find them in a search. Do you remember where you saw the recipe?

birdie86509
01-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Sounds like you all are doing great! Sandra, I hope you are feeling better after starting the antibiotic--3 days in bed, wow! What a luxury. But three days in a row of daytime TV is enough to make you get out of bed-or should I say run out of bed!

I have lost a few pounds over the weekend-now weigh 150 1/2! Will stay OP. It is easier during the week. Weekends present all kinds of delicious temptations. I will check the recipes--might be easier if I had more variety. And I will surely look up the Sxinny Mist--sounds like what I need for my sweet tooth.

Everyone, good luck with your WIs, and have a good IP day!

janniegoingdown
01-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone, I had a very exciting weigh in on Saturday. I lost 8.2 lbs in 2 wks! A total of 14.8 since Jan 2. woo hoo!
I forgot to ask my coach though if Edamame is allowed. I absolutely love it and i've been eating it like crazy. Does anyone know if its allowed? Have a great day everyone.

omgzitsmiranda
01-30-2012, 12:55 PM
I am so PISSED!
It's one thing to make fun of me for something I'm doing or just me in general; but I get REALLY defensive over my husband because of everything he's been through.

I took him to Subway for lunch [his favorite] because he's just having a bad day in general and not feeling so hot. I asked him if he wanted to go through the drive-thru & he said no that he wanted to go in. Well he went in and I sat out in the car because my stomach was hurting, soo...

These guys were in there at a table by the window and were just staring him down and then they were looking straight at him the whole time just like DYING laughing and like pointing and stuff..... Matt said he was so confused as to what was SO funny? I'm just kind of confused. I asked him if maybe he had tiqqed [he has Tourettes Syndrome] and said something "funny"? And he said maybe, but he doesn't really pick up on it like someone like me would pick up on him tiqqing. So I don't know if that's what happened or what..

He was wearing Marvel pajama pants at the time because he didn't feel like changing into regular pants, so I just let him be. Maybe that was it? He said they watched him get out of the car, go into Subway and the WHOLE time he was in line, so he's pretty sure he wasn't imagining things. He thinks maybe he knew them but he's not sure..?

I know it probably sounds ridiculous to most people that I would be mad, but I just get SO worked up over him. He's been through SO much and SO many people have made fun of him for Tourettes through the years, so this just flew ALL over me.

He didn't tell me until we had left or I would've marched my butt back in there! Soooo mad!

wuv2bloved
01-30-2012, 01:05 PM
I am so PISSED!
It's one thing to make fun of me for something I'm doing or just me in general; but I get REALLY defensive over my husband because of everything he's been through.

I took him to Subway for lunch [his favorite] because he's just having a bad day in general and not feeling so hot. I asked him if he wanted to go through the drive-thru & he said no that he wanted to go in. Well he went in and I sat out in the car because my stomach was hurting, soo...

These guys were in there at a table by the window and were just staring him down and then they were looking straight at him the whole time just like DYING laughing and like pointing and stuff..... Matt said he was so confused as to what was SO funny? I'm just kind of confused. I asked him if maybe he had tiqqed [he has Tourettes Syndrome] and said something "funny"? And he said maybe, but he doesn't really pick up on it like someone like me would pick up on him tiqqing. So I don't know if that's what happened or what..

He was wearing Marvel pajama pants at the time because he didn't feel like changing into regular pants, so I just let him be. Maybe that was it? He said they watched him get out of the car, go into Subway and the WHOLE time he was in line, so he's pretty sure he wasn't imagining things. He thinks maybe he knew them but he's not sure..?

I know it probably sounds ridiculous to most people that I would be mad, but I just get SO worked up over him. He's been through SO much and SO many people have made fun of him for Tourettes through the years, so this just flew ALL over me.

He didn't tell me until we had left or I would've marched my butt back in there! Soooo mad!

Some people are just crude like that. Take a breath Miranda, You have been through a lot lately. You are a very strong woman! I know Matt adores you and is thankful for what you have and will continue to do for him :hug:

New Englander
01-30-2012, 01:11 PM
I am so PISSED!

Sorry you had to deal with that...I have one word... KARMA! What goes around comes around and those jerks will get what they deserve! Be well and keep your head high!!! {{BIG HUG}} (to both you and your hubby!) :)

Momto2cs
01-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Type cauliflower in the recipes #3 thread. They are called cauliflower breadsticks.

They were an interesting change...

whirlygirl72
01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
another 2lbs gone.. but i have a terrible cold this week. Not feeling so well :(:(

New Englander
01-30-2012, 01:25 PM
another 2lbs gone.. but i have a terrible cold this week. Not feeling so well :(:(
Well I hope you feel better soon...cold can be annoying! And congrats on your weight loss!!! :) Way to go!!! Keep it up chickie!!!

mrsmurphy
01-30-2012, 01:44 PM
So, after all my griping last night about how my weekend was so terrible. I weighed myself this morning and was down 1.4 lbs. woohoo :) good enough for me! the wrong thing i did was weigh myself at 10pm at night ... sooooo needless to say I guess I'm okay after the terrible weekend with food i had. haha

congrats on everyone's losses! :)

idealpromom
01-30-2012, 02:06 PM
HERE IT IS.......

Cauliflower Breadsticks (MamaGrubbsgrum)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/2 head of cauliflower grated
1 egg and 1 egg white beaten
(her recipe has 1/2 cup cheese I omitted)
I added 1/2 cup grated onion
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon Italian spices
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 350

Mix together, pour onto a baking sheet that was covered with parchment paper and sprayed with olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes (or a little dried out and firm I ended up cooking it for around 60 min.) then take out and flip it carefully over with a spatula, put back in oven for 10 minutes.
cut in slices.

I really enjoyed this with kale salad. or you could have it with salad dressings or a dip of course Walden Farms

Enjoy

Momto2cs
01-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone, I had a very exciting weigh in on Saturday. I lost 8.2 lbs in 2 wks! A total of 14.8 since Jan 2. woo hoo!
I forgot to ask my coach though if Edamame is allowed. I absolutely love it and i've been eating it like crazy. Does anyone know if its allowed? Have a great day everyone.

Sorry. No edamame

Katied61
01-30-2012, 02:19 PM

Glad you got meds and Dr advice. Take care!

wuv2bloved
01-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Sorry. No edamame

I have read somewhere that its allowed, some people who are vegetarian's have it while OP.

WOOHOO!!!!!....just found out Week 4 Biggest Loser:

wuv2bloved (-6.0 lbs, 2.23 %

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Why can we not use things like soy flour? A lot of the IP products are made with soy flour or soy products, yet we aren't allowed to use them to make things on our own. I don't understand~

SewingMomma
01-30-2012, 02:43 PM
I had a great WI today. Down another 4.8 pounds!!!! This diet rocks! My coach is very impressed by my rate of loss and complemented me on keeping a positive attitude when I had a small loss a couple of weeks ago.

New Englander
01-30-2012, 02:55 PM
I had a great WI today. Down another 4.8 pounds!!!! This diet rocks! My coach is very impressed by my rate of loss and complemented me on keeping a positive attitude when I had a small loss a couple of weeks ago.
How exciting!!! :) WAY TO GO!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

DanafromAustin
01-30-2012, 02:58 PM

You started about a week before I did and you are doing fantastic. There have been a few weeks now that I have only lost a pound, but then usually the next week I have a good weight loss. I think we will find the longer we are on IP and the closer we get to goal, the more varied our weight loss will be each week.

I am so PISSED!

Sadly people can be very ignorant, mean and just plain stupid. Sorry both you and your husband had to deal with that today.

rokkerchik20
01-30-2012, 03:14 PM

Way to Go! Thats fantastic! Keep it Girl:)

TracyAWC
01-30-2012, 03:15 PM

Ooooo I hear you! My 14 yo DS has Tourettes and it's been a rough go. When he was little it was really really hard to see people's reactions :( Hope you feel better now (after some time has passed)

Momto2cs
01-30-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't see how edamame would fit

A 155 g serving has 8g fat, 17 g protein and 16 g carbs for 190 calories...

It doesn't seem like it would be a veggie or a meat. I could possibly see using it as a restricted item, but I expect most ip coaches would say no.

Last year when I started ip the consensus was no edamame.

Linden
01-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Why can we not use things like soy flour? A lot of the IP products are made with soy flour or soy products, yet we aren't allowed to use them to make things on our own. I don't understand~

What would you be using it for, and I'm assuming you mean the low fat soy flour?

1 T or 6 grams probably wouldn't hurt a LOT but one cup, as in baking something, would be horrendous. 1 Y has 2.1 g carbs; 1 C has 30.7 g carbs.

janniegoingdown
01-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Yay, I got my weight tracker!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slide-jump/lb/239/170/225/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

AussieonIP
01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Hey Guys and Gals

Hope your having a amazing OP IP Monday!!!

Day 5 for me and I more or less feel back to normal! No headaches, No weak feeling, and not hungry - a colleague even gave me some hungarian candy this am, and i took it (not to be rude) and placed it in my draw and forgotten about it!! Normally i would have eaten it in a heartbeat, then asked for seconds!

Have my first official WI tomorrow, 6 days rather than 7 though, and fingers crossed for a good result!!!

Cheers/S...

New Englander
01-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Hey Guys and Gals

Day 5 for me and I more or less feel back to normal! No headaches, No weak feeling, and not hungry - a colleague even gave me some hungarian candy this am, and i took it (not to be rude) and placed it in my draw and forgotten about it!! Normally i would have eaten it in a heartbeat, then asked for seconds!

Have my first official WI tomorrow, 6 days rather than 7 though, and fingers crossed for a good result!!!

Cheers/S...
Store the candy for safekeeping until phase 4 or give it away...I have a yummy box of chocolates I got for Xmas and can't wait to dig into it at the right time!!! Can't wait to you come back and post your WI! Good luck!!!

AussieonIP
01-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Store the candy for safekeeping until phase 4 or give it away...I have a yummy box of chocolates I got for Xmas and can't wait to dig into it at the right time!!! Can't wait to you come back and post your WI! Good luck!!!

It was totally un-me, the old me would have dived straight in, but I looked at it, and put it away!

Think its the combo of cost of program, having a coach, this forum, and seeing the pounds drop out so quickly that keep me keen for the program

Cheers/S...

Gardengurl71
01-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Hello Ipeeps! I have my fifth weigh in tomorrow. I have been experiencing some dizziness yesterday and today. Does anyone know what causes that and the remedy? Is it blood pressure? sodium? I tried eating some extra salt to see if that helped.

Any advice would be welcomed :) Thanks! Alicia:dizzy:

100poundfreeway
01-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Hey Guys and Gals

Cheers/S...

Day 5 here too and I also feel great today! Lunch room was full of temptations today and I just did not even feel like I wanted that stuff :)

frazzledmom04
01-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Hello Ipeeps! I have my fifth weigh in tomorrow. I have been experiencing some dizziness yesterday and today. Does anyone know what causes that and the remedy? Is it blood pressure? sodium? I tried eating some extra salt to see if that helped.

I do the salt trick when I'm feeling dizzy and most times it works within 30 min. Hope it works for you too.

100poundfreeway
01-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Day Five and MAN I feel Alive! (cheesey yes, but I do feel great!!)

I did not exspect to have this kind of energy on day 5 and I have not had an official WI yet but I was down 6.5 pounds this morning. I feel like I have some cravings here and there and I drink a glass of water and brush my teeth and cravings gone I'm still OP and I'm really gaining confidence that I will be able to to stick to this till my 100 pounds it gone!

You all are so encouraging and such a great support! Have a wonderful rest of your day!

MustangMolly
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Has anyone heard of Zevia? Please forgive me if thas has been asked already, especially by me! I saw it online and meant to ask the IPeeps about it and can't remember if I did or not. Anyway, it is a zero calories soda made with Stevia. The caffeine free cola has o calories, o fat, 20 mg sodium, o sugar and 7g of carbs. I'm not thinking of drinking it now, I just thought it may be a good alternative once I am on maintenance.

kdspirited
01-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Feeling really gassy the last few days. Sorry to be so explicit but I feel like a big balloon. The past two weeks I have been stalled on the weight loss. One day I am down 2 lbs the next day I am back up the same two pounds. Its been so bizzare but on top of that I have this problem. Feel bloated. TOM is nowhere in sight. Have other people experienced this before

3mama
01-30-2012, 05:05 PM
A big WooHoo for all the great weigh-ins today! I had one too - lost 7.2lbs in my first week. I could not be happier! Thanks so much for all the great info you guys share on a daily basis. It has been a ton of help.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Has anyone heard of Zevia? Please forgive me if thas has been asked already, especially by me! I saw it online and meant to ask the IPeeps about it and can't remember if I did or not. Anyway, it is a zero calories soda made with Stevia. The caffeine free cola has o calories, o fat, 20 mg sodium, o sugar and 7g of carbs. I'm not thinking of drinking it now, I just thought it may be a good alternative once I am on maintenance.
It's really good! I like it way better than regular soda. They sold it at our health food store in TX and we thought it was a good idea to try it. It's a bit expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

Momto2cs
01-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Feeling really gassy the last few days. Sorry to be so explicit but I feel like a big balloon. The past two weeks I have been stalled on the weight loss. One day I am down 2 lbs the next day I am back up the same two pounds. Its been so bizzare but on top of that I have this problem. Feel bloated. TOM is nowhere in sight. Have other people experienced this before

Yes. Sometimes different veggis do this to me. I just try to keep flushing it out with water...

sassysi
01-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Cauliflower is pretty moist, do they stay together as "sticks" per say? And it was good? I really enjoy cauliflower rice, so I imagine it too would be good. And then you counted the cauliflower and egg?

Jennibean
01-30-2012, 05:28 PM
On Phase 4 it says to have 7 ounces of carbs in the evening. Does anyone have any idea how many grams that is?

janniegoingdown
01-30-2012, 05:45 PM
I tried the Miracle Noodles with the spaghetti packet and it was pretty good. I rinsed them really good, patted them dry then sauted them in olive oil and garlic then poured my spaghetti on top. It was kinda yummy.

wyo1963
01-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Way to go on the weigh ins! I am excited about my not so taco- taco salad for dinner. No cheese or chips or tomatoes, but the meat is seasoned! Oh well. I had it two weeks ago and it was great. Going to put halapenos on it this time! Happy healthy dinners everyone!

NavyMommy
01-30-2012, 06:17 PM

Way to go!!

On the Edamame, it depends. My coach allows it, but it counts as protein, not as a vegetable. I've split an order twice when I went out to sushi with friends because I know I wasn't getting my 8oz protein in the fish. I would be cautious about eating it like crazy because it does contain a high number of carbs, especially if you're eating it as your only protein and consuming a restricted in the same day. Plus all the salt I put on it always made me retain water the next day. Hope this helps!!

shiipa
01-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Today was my first wi. I lost 7.5 lb(3.5 fat) and 2.5 in. I am very excited but also a little worried that I might not be able to keep losing at this pace.

AussieonIP
01-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Today was my first wi. I lost 7.5 lb(3.5 fat) and 2.5 in. I am very excited but also a little worried that I might not be able to keep losing at this pace.

Congrats on the loss!!!!!! going my first WI is tomorrow, but going by other members here, the first 2 weeks are nice losses, then the 3rd week it slow a little

Keeping up the awesome work!

Cheers/S....

shiipa
01-30-2012, 07:34 PM
A big WooHoo for all the great weigh-ins today! I had one too - lost 7.2lbs in my first week. I could not be happier! Thanks so much for all the great info you guys share on a daily basis. It has been a ton of help.

Congratulations :D

DanafromAustin
01-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't see how edamame would fit

A 155 g serving has 8g fat, 17 g protein and 16 g carbs for 190 calories...

It doesn't seem like it would be a veggie or a meat. I could possibly see using it as a restricted item, but I expect most ip coaches would say no.

Last year when I started ip the consensus was no edamame.

It would be way too many carbs to count as a veggie. I love edamame, but my coach says, "No." To me it would be more of a protein.

Sounds like you might need to up your water amount a bit. Are you constipated?

The first two weeks are always your highest weight loss. The 3rd and possibly the 4th week can be kind of low and after that you will probably fall into a pattern of an average weight loss. On IP the average is around 3 to 4 pounds per week. I average about 3 pounds per week.

Jag23
01-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Hello everyone,I am so glad you are here. I look forward to all your messages,laugh a little and worry a little...........You are all my support and I love it. When I leave for Mexico on the 10th for 3 weeks,Boy am I gonna miss everyone!
Today was my WI.............In 25 days,I am down 15lbs and have lost 19.5 lbs of FAT!!!!!!!! My coach didn't add up my total inches lost,but my cloths are certainly telling me,I did..... My coach was so excited,she said"Your doing everything right" I floated out the door.........Ok now onto week 5........I want to get my tracker,but not sure how.......Homework I guess........

patns
01-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Good morning all! Another 3.8 lbs couldn't take the heat this week :D This was WI 3 so I'm preparing myself to see smaller numbers soon, but I'm very very happy with this!

Somehow this made me laugh, I got this image of pound blocks of butter running for the hills while dodging bullets!

patns
01-30-2012, 07:57 PM

Perhaps you should check your blood pressure. Mine is on the low side anyway and when I started the program I was really guzzling the water. My blood pressure went pretty low and I had to cut back a bit on the water.

lingereverywhere
01-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Somehow this made me laugh, I got this image of pound blocks of butter running for the hills while dodging bullets!

Haha! That's me shooting soy puffs and cauliflower pellets at them :)

New Englander
01-30-2012, 08:43 PM

Hi, I get dizziness more often than not...even though it could be totally non-diet related (gross but ear issues...) Anywho my coach said to spread my salt intake throughout the day. (As opposed to having it with one meal and that's it...) Good luck.

mrsmurphy
01-30-2012, 08:56 PM
congratulations on everyone's losses! It is always motivating to see the losses :)

trimup2day
01-30-2012, 09:01 PM
HERE IT IS.......

Cauliflower Bread Sticks

Enjoy

I would love to try these but was hoping someone can help with the following questions? TIA.

Is this counted as 2 cups of veggies?

Does the parchment paper keep veggies from caramelizing? I have had no luck baking veggies as they always become brown.

Do they store well?

Thanks!!

Momto2cs
01-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I made the bread with 1 cup cauliflower and 1 egg
My dh and I split it
I counted the veggies, but not the egg as my dinner protein was only 6 oz

It was bread like, I don't think it would store well as it was thin and a little soft
I likes it w a little wf tomato basil sauce

glomor
01-30-2012, 09:28 PM
These guys were in there at a table by the window and were just staring him down and then they were looking straight at him the whole time just like DYING laughing and like pointing and stuff.....
Something like that happened to me once when I was going through a salad bar. A group of guys at a nearby table began making comments to each other about everything I was choosing, loud enough that I could hear, and having quite a laugh at my expense. I briefly thought about grabbing a bowl of hot soup, then "accidently" tripping on them, but thought better of it. :nono: Some people are just jerks and not worth wasting our precious time on. Keep a positive attitude and continue to be supportive of your husband. :hug: That means so much more than any momentary rudeness on someone else's part.

glomor
01-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for the encouraging and helpful posts here. I find that I'm being challenged to be a bit more adventurous with food. Because of you I bought two vegetables today that I have never tried before. Listening to people rave about turnip fries and kale chips, I feel that I have to see what all the fuss is about! :carrot:

Ishbel
01-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the responses to my query this morning. Hope you all had a wonderful day.

Unfortunately, I'm having a tremendously bad TOM...I got it ALL, crampy cranky, achy, bloaty etc etc...it's been a while since I've had them all. I usually find my PMS is in cycles itself...some months I'm one of those and only once every few (4-6) do I get all of them :/.

Sorry for the TMI...just kinda whiny. I already had a bath so I think I'm going to bed....maybe I can find someone to rub my back. Looking forward to a better and brighter day tomorrow. :)

Later skaters! Ciao! Toodles! Au Revoir! Beannacht! Arrivederci! :D

sweetv727
01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Had my WI today +1. However, have not been doing IP for about 2 weeks. Starting again tomorrow using alternative products from my IP coach. My total loss so far is 15+ pds and a total 12 1/2 inches for the 4 weeks on IP. I'm looking forward to starting again.

ipsbest4me
01-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey Guys and Gals

Cheers/S...

Day 6 for me and I have my first WI tomorrow, too. Here's to great ones!

mtnsun4
01-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Wow- lots of great losses, and tons of energy on this board! So happy to see after a long day at work. I am doing well- feeling good, planning my meals and staying away from anything that could tempt. I am staying strong. My weight has stalled for 4 days so I am hoping to see a change soon. Goodnight all!

Jag23
01-30-2012, 11:00 PM
I just wanted to let you know of a dessert I had tonight.

2 cups rurbarb
1/2 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg
combine and cook till soft

Beat 2 egg whites with some salt till light and fluffy
add cereal mixture
Put cooked rubard in dish cover with cereal mixture and bake in convection oven 20 mins.........Top was nice and browned.

This is tart but I loved it

Jag23
01-30-2012, 11:02 PM
sorry peeps,you have to crush the cereal,which I forgot to add in previous message

grassfedbeef
01-30-2012, 11:10 PM
I would love to try these but was hoping someone can help with the following questions? TIA.

Is this counted as 2 cups of veggies?

Does the parchment paper keep veggies from caramelizing? I have had no luck baking veggies as they always become brown.

Do they store well?

Thanks!!

I'd say it was more like flat bread and I agree I don't think it would store/reheat well. I use it as a bun for my burger and it was delicious! I counted it as my veggies and 2 oz protein.

grassfedbeef
01-30-2012, 11:15 PM
I made a yummy dish today for my lunch. I tasted just like Kheer (Indian rice dessert dish).

I grated 2 cups of cauliflower and then steamed them until soft. Refrigerated overnight. Added 1/2-3/4 of a RTD vanilla drink and added a splash of vanilla, stevia and cinnamon. Yummy! Really tasted like the real thing and like I was cheating!

After4yrS
01-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Looking forward to my WI tomorrow! All the posts keep me motivated and on course. Can't wait to have the same successes as all of you��. GN and have an awesome OP day tomorrow.

erin2314
01-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Day 2 of IP and I'm surprised how well it's going. I had a great NSV today. I went to the mall with a friend after dinner and we walked in through the food court :no: At first I looked around thinking about all the food I can't eat, but when my friend offered me one of her cookies, I reflexively said "no". I definitely didn't see that coming at all. Hopefully I can keep up the resolve :)

Thank you all so much for the encouragement of your awesome weigh-ins this week and for the great recipes and tips. I can't wait to try out the turnip baked "potatoes" and the cauliflower sticks!

QHLover
01-31-2012, 12:01 AM
turnip "fries" are the best - yummy - if you haven't made them yet pick up a turnip on your way home tomorrow

lindac36
01-31-2012, 12:04 AM
Weigh in number 4 tomorrow. Good Luck to everyone!

QHLover
01-31-2012, 12:08 AM
I take two potassium pills everyday instead of one. If I don't I get headaches and muscle cramps. You could take an extra one for a couple of days and see what happens. Ask your coach if you have one.

slp
01-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Hi, I have not started the plan yet but will be after my Dr's approval(appointment is Wednesday). I was wondering does everyone go to a coach or are some of you on the Ideal To Go online program?

Lilmink
01-31-2012, 12:51 AM
On Phase 4 it says to have 7 ounces of carbs in the evening. Does anyone have any idea how many grams that is?

Here's a metric converter for ya.

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/measurements.html

wuv2bloved
01-31-2012, 12:56 AM
Hi, I have not started the plan yet but will be after my Dr's approval(appointment is Wednesday). I was wondering does everyone go to a coach or are some of you on the Ideal To Go online program?

There is an Ideal protein to go but you have to be a certain amount of miles from a clinic in order to do it i beleive