Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #1  
Made of Starstuff

Cool WW MM CHALLENGE! Jan/Feb Week 5!

Welcome to Week 5 of the WW Month-to-Month Challenge!

Here's the Spreadsheet Link! We're on Week 5 (01/30/12).

Last week as a group, we were able to drop 18.9 pounds! That's a total of 86.5 so far. Goodness!

Give us your updates or challenges for this week! Let's make healthy choices together
Old 01-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Morning, and Happy End-of-the-Month! Already?!

I'm very happy about this past week/month. I moved every day. I ate pretty well. I tracked. I'm feeling a little more energetic.

I weigh in the mornings, so I'll update for the tracker then.

In the meantime... this week:

- Keep doing 15 minutes of extra movement daily.
- Track my food.
- Keep getting in healthy amounts of fruits & veggies.
- One day at a time...

No big things are going to be "in the way" this week, so it's a matter of going with the flow while all is well.

Wishing everyone a great new week
Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Wow since my traveling days are over I will be able to concentrate on my menu planning and am sooo glad! Suprised this week by being down--heck I 'll take it. Can't wait to see how the other chickies did
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!!!! So, I've mentioned a few times that I thought something was wrong with the scale that we were using here to weigh in on. I realize all scales are different to a point...but WOW! "Coach" brought her scale from home...the biggest loser endorced one. This one seems to be more accurate than the other! A few teachers have said that this one is closer to their scales at home...mine is closer to this one than the other that we were using! But....using this scale, there's a 5 pound difference from last week!!! Another teacher is down 3 and said it's less than a half pound different from her scale at home...another teacher is down 4 and it's a pound or pound and a half different (but she weighted with shoes and a light jacket at home, so it's probably accurate). It's 2.4 pounds less than my scale at home. She had someone get on the new scale, then the old one and it was just over 2 pounds different. Now we take up a collection to buy this scale to use since it seems closer to accurate.

Ok...So goals this week....I want to eat better. I had a pretty yuck week with my choices, even though I stayed within calories (I'm trying myfitnesspal instead of weight watchers since it's free...but I also do my best to keep up with points as well..and they are actually pretty close with how much and what I can eat). I need to eat out less and eat more fruit/veggies!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/152.2/130

Height: 5'4

Okay so I am in for another week. This week's challange is to stick to my menu and choices and really be prepared. Hubby is gone this week until Thursday night but I am all ready for it. My goal this week is to make it to the gym twice (Monday & Wednesday) but this all depends on my homework load and the kids homework load.

Last Friday I joined e-Tools and am trying to learn the new program still so we will see.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #6  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all!

lovely, great humble and realistic goals

Great loss, nancy!

it's true that it always seem nicer to WI in a scale that looks more accurate, Katrat. it boosts de motivation!

mom2my3, I saw you were preparing your menu in advanced on another thread. I do that do. It seems more easy to not slip up on some junk when you get home unprepared and don't really know what to cook for dinner!

So I had a rough weekend (mainly because of Doritos chips...) but I mend it saturday night when I said NO to popcorn. I had a good day yesterday too, I cooked a really chunky soup with turkey and spinach, it's really filling and help me not to get overboard with breads. My dinners were a bit ''less clean'' (cream sauce (homemade though) and ''en croute'' pork yesterday) but the portions were reasonnable, so I guess it helped (the 600 calories burned while running yesterday afternoon probably helped too LOL)

So this morning I'm down to 146.6 (1.2 lbs loss) and I'm thrilled! I'm coming closer to my first ultimate goal.

My goals for this week are :

- Stick to the menu I prepared this weekend
- Make wise decisions in the social gathering we're supposed to attend next weekend
- Run 3 times
- Try at least 2 times the Random Abs workout (sounds really nice, they give everyday some random routine for Abs workout!) and do legs and arms routine at least 2 times
- Take a bubble bath to reward my efforts

Have a great week everyone!

Last edited by TurboMammoth; 01-30-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: god.. wrote cunky instead of chunky...
Old 01-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #7  

I maintained this week. Exactly the same as last week. I think I maybe would have been down at least a little but I had a late dinner the Friday night which I usually don't do since I have weigh in so early the next day.

I'll take maintain over a gain though!

This weeks challenges / goals:
Get over this past weekend. Particularly last night. The food was great but I'm sure I used most of my daily PP and all of my weekly - and possibly then some on that meal. I will count it up later today. I'm a bit down with myself that I ate that stuff - but there really was nothing healthy on that menu and after a weekend of barely eating anything because every place we went had VERY limited healthy options.
As nice as it's been having my friend visit I'll be so glad when she leaves today so I can get back into my normal eating routine. And I plan on spending extra time working out this week to make up for this past weekend. In fact I have my gym clothes on and will be hitting the gym as soon as I drop her at the airport - and spending extra time in there. Maybe I can burn at least one of those corn muffins off. lol.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
[...]Suprised this week by being down--heck I 'll take it.[...]
Yay for being down on the scale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRat View Post
[...] using this scale, there's a 5 pound difference from last week!!! [...]

Ok...So goals this week....I want to eat better. [...]
Glad the scale situation is being fixed. It's always frustrating when the problem is the tool. At least it's getting figured out.

Great goal: choosing to eat more fruits and veggies this week! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2my3angels View Post
Okay so I am in for another week. This week's challange is to stick to my menu and choices and really be prepared. [...]
I'll bet you can stick to your menu choices And good luck on getting to the gym for a solid workout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
[...]So this morning I'm down to 146.6 (1.2 lbs loss) and I'm thrilled! I'm coming closer to my first ultimate goal.[...]
Woot! Nice weigh-in Awesome goals, as usual!, and I am thinking of stealing your bubble bath idea as a reward for the efforts. Mmm... love a long, warm bath. So soothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anga View Post
[...]I'll take maintain over a gain though! [...]
Good job on the maintain! Heck, I'll always take a maintain over a gain, as well

I hope you're able to get back to your normal routine right away when your friend leaves. I know what you mean about company. It's sure nice for a few days, but it can be hard to juggle healthier choices while our routines aren't what they usually are.

---

Had my weigh-in yesterday, and I'm 2 pounds down for the week. Solid! I'm getting back down to where I was, and I've gotta say I'm feeling good.

Walked yesterday and today, so far. Been getting in a good amount of fruits and vegetables. I'm just riding the on-plan wave while the going is good!

Keep up the good choices, everyone

Last edited by Lovely; 01-31-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #9  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

lovely : 2 pounds! holy moly, that's a great loss! I think you do diserve the bubble bath!! Being 24/7 on a weigh loss journey, I think we all need something to relax and focus on ourselves from time to time

anga : as lovely said, maintaining is always better than gaining! I just happened to look at your ticker : already 26 pounds loss! awesome!!

It the last day of January today, meaning that my first 10k race is in exactly 19 days (may I say a big OMG!?). I'll probably get super nervous by the time we get there, but right now I still feel in control and pretty smooth about it. I had a really good 9k run last sunday, at a better pace than usual, so I'm in in a good mood for training!

I also did my first RandomAbs routine yesterday (okay, I was supposed to repeat the whole routine a second time but I prefer to start with something more realistic LOL). They are forecasting freezing rain tomorrow so I'll really try to go running tonight.... I'm focussing on my weekly goals

Last night was a huge victory : I added broccoli to our chinese macaroni. The bf always said that he didn't like that much broccoli in food. I don't cook it much, but I feel it's a shame to stay away from thsi fabulous veggies, so much vitamins in that... So I didn't gave him much chance and threw broccoli in the pan... He ended up agreeing that it wasn't that bad (I WIN lol)

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

YAY! So excited for everyone :-D We're all doing so well and set great goals for ourselves!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #11  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well wanted to throw in something....went to gym last night and it was so crowded that all the ellptical machines were in use which forced me to do strenght training. -- which was good but by the time one of the machines opened up I was tired but pushed through it and still did my 60 min of cardio..

So what do I do tonight? Skp the gym and get a large veggie delight pizza from papa murphys (1/2 the cheese) then proceeded to eat all but one slice

Hey Turbo ---- score on the victory
Old 02-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 298.6/298.6/175

Height: 5'9''

I'm down by 2.2 this week! I'm pretty happy with that, especially since I had a bad day earlier this week. It just motivated me to try even harder though for the rest of the week. I still have 7.2 pounds to reach my goal for this challenge. I likely won't make it, but I'm going to try and get as close as I can.

As for my other goals, I'm doing great drinking the water every day but I've slacked off with the exercise. I have to try and make more of an effort this week to have some activity every day.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Down 2 pounds for the week which is amazing because my weight skyrocketed after last weekend!!! However, a birthday party this afternoon and Super Bowl Sunday (GO PATS!!!) tomorrow is going to kill me LOL

This week I hope to just keep making the best food choices that I can and try not to go overboard!! haha
Old 02-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Score on those awesome weigh-ins this week, guys Way to go!
Closed Thread