Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 1/29/12

Diana3271
01-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Diana3271
01-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

The first thing I would like to ask, is who stole January? :?: This month has really flown by!

Calories for yesterday: 1695 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 146.8
Up: .6

I had a high sodium day and no BM. Still no TTOM.

Italiannie
01-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Diana, That picture is beautiful. You look great!

Had a rough day yesterday. Thought I was on track, but got into some cookies and salty food. Scale was a couple of pounds up this morning, sooo.
Back on track today. Yesterday is yesterday.

Pump that water.

Have a great day, everyone!

mamakat
01-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I'm with you, where did Jan. go? I was really hoping to have reached my goal by my dd's birthday, but didn't. Ugh. My body isn't happy right now, my muscles are being pains in the butt (literally) so I don't want to venture out. 1) it's too cold for them and 2) I might not be able to make it back. Cold weather sometimes aggravates the MD. SO, instead of walking, I finally got my butt up and went to my gym and did 75 mins of cardio (bike 60, elliptical 15) not bad for not working out in a long time. I hope I can motivate myself to do it again today. It's just it's cold down there, but once I get going I'm hot. The dilemmas we have, :p

I have been gaining slowly for two weeks now, but today I finally saw the scale go down for once. It's only .2 but it's such a relief to see it go down and not up. As I was biking yesterday, I realized my calorie count is based on 30 mins of exercise 6 days a week and I haven't been doing that. So maybe I've been eating too much (on days I actually eat...yesterday not being one of those days). I don't know. SO I'll try to keep myself in check. I have to tell myself I can spare that amount of time and maybe it will help with the fatigue. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a great week. :)

Have a wonderful and healthy day!

ItsMyTurn
01-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Berry - For her knee and elbow she had to have dead bone scraped (she has osteonecrosis developing in joints along with the RA *caused by the RA*) and in all 4 joints there is a gel fluid that happens that has to be removed, but is too thick to extract with a simple needle. It's honestly horrible all the stuff she has gone through, but we are trying to buy time with her knee and not get a replacement so young. We are running out of options, so continuous surgeries are needed to try and save it.

Diana and Berry - We tried the batteries and still said 124.4... it was weird to see such a number on the scale. My youngest got all excited and said "I want to get on!!!! I want to see 124!!!", LOL!!!! We are hoping we can figure out how to reset it, but in the meantime until we figure it out or get a new one, I have no way to measure my weight... I guess that is one way to get me to focus on other ways of telling progress :lol:

We ended up hitting 79 degrees yesterday and will be doing so again today - so another day of tennis for me!!!! YAY!! With all the stressors we have had recently, having these beautiful days to get out is just what was needed! Both of our girls plan on going with us so they can utilize the park that is across the street - also a HUGE green belt for them to play in. Teens need room, :lol: Amber is now walking with proper form! :O Amazing! So soon, no wrap or anything this morning... she amazes me. I know you all are probably tired of hearing about it all, but this girl has had to fight for EVERYTHING since birth... I am humbled daily by her. My kids are the reason I am able to keep perspective and hold strong in my own life...truly. I hope everyone has a fabulous day and I am wishing the nice weather we are having for ALL of you to enjoy!!!! Time to get moving :)

Diana3271
01-29-2012, 01:31 PM
I know you all are probably tired of hearing about it all, but this girl has had to fight for EVERYTHING since birth... I am humbled daily by her. My kids are the reason I am able to keep perspective and hold strong in my own life...truly. I hope everyone has a fabulous day and I am wishing the nice weather we are having for ALL of you to enjoy!!!! Time to get moving :)

Never get tired of this! I am so sorry about all your DD has gone though. But it is very inspiring to hear about how brave and courageous she is. I have my little PITA issues and I mope and yack about them. Things could always be so much worse. We need to be grateful for each day we have and greet the day accordingly.

An extra :hug:, a big :high: and :cheer: for your DD today! :carrot: And when you can :dance: your butt off! :bravo:

This goes for everyone today that's facing a challenge!

JoJoP
01-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm doing pretty well so far! I've been at it 2 weeks, lost 6 pounds, and I feel a LOT less jiggly :)

I'm currently sitting in the same room as homemade cookies and Dunkin Doughnuts Munchkins and I feel NO cravings for either!!

alitorry
01-29-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm alisha and I'm super dedicated going on my 4th week :dancer: YAY!
Yesterday was a struggle, but I pulled it off with good food and lots of exercise, waking this morning to a 1 pound loss!!
Today, I had turkey bacon and eggs and that yummy lo cal OJ. it's sunday and I'm doing nothing but laundry and floors today. That's some exercise right?
and back at it tomorrow, BIG TIME as I'm starting the Biggest Loser competition at my gym. Yes, I have faith, I'm going to win. Unless my competitors are on 3fatchicks website ... uh oh..
You girls are so motivated and motivating to me!!! Thank you :)
:exercise:

mamakat
01-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Another 60 min. bike ride down. Ugh, I'm sweating. :) Have a great night everyone!

ilovemo
01-29-2012, 09:00 PM
OMG i ate so much today that I could almost puke right now.. So my brother and I recieved some hockey tix from his job.. they were box seats which was pretty much a lounge with alot of junk food. So we splurged and time to make it up this week.. high and tight low carbing it :)

So today-

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled with provolone (300) papaya&cantaloupe fruit salad with sea salt (70)

Snack- Cheese stick (90)

Snack- Cucumber (~5) Provolone cheese (100) Avocado spread (200) all wrapped up.. srsly I like weird things..

Lunch- 1 hot dog with bun, ketchup, mustard, onions (~275) 2 without buns (300) some nachos small amount & cheese (200) 4 pretzels with some cheese (100) and diet coke (0)

Dinner- Big bowl. 1 potsticker (100) idk cals for that.. bro and i shared an entree.. didnt really eat much of it (300)

Dessert- couple bites of apple crisp (200) 3 choc truffles (220)

~2460..ik i overestimate but wow

holy CRAP! tmrw.. will.be.crazy.

Diana3271
01-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

TTOM showed up today. Hopefully there won't be too much drama this week from it. ;)

Italiannie Thank you. Today is a new day. Get right back to working your plan. You know what works best for you.

Mamakat You did it! Great job on that bike ride! :highfive:

Itsmyturn Did you and the family have fun at the park and playing tennis? I hope you had a great day.

JoJoP Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Congrats on the 6 pounds!

Alitorry Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Great job on making the most out of yesterday and that pound!

Ilovemo On the good side, it sounds like you had fun! :D

Diana3271
01-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Total Approx 1365 Calories + :coffee2:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (700 Calories)
Turkey Wrap (made and brought my own sauce) 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (300 Calories)
Toasted English muffin w/cinnamon, pumpkin butter, & 1 cup cottage cheese

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme, Xtreme Upper Body w/5's, 8's, and 10's
#10 SD Xtreme, Recovery Upper Body w/5's, 8's, and 10's

erinrenae80
01-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone! I just joined and I'm still trying to find my way around. I'm not used to such an active forum.

I've been on a little bit of a splurg weekend. Really nothing too horribly crazy but a little over on my points. My energy has been in the toilet for the past few days. I'm not sure what exactly is to blame for that. I have some personal issues going on and I'm having RA flairs every few days. I suspect a combination of the two is probably to blame.

Well I really look forward to getting to know some of the members around here!

ilovemo
01-29-2012, 11:18 PM
it was alot of fun diana.. just gotta spend the rest of the week making up for it.. think eating 1000 cals the rest of the week n low carb should do the job.. have a good week everyone ! xox

qtkitty
01-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Morning Weight ..opps I did not weigh this morning I weighed in after breakfast at 382.0

Brunch
10 Buckwheat Cakes 500
1/4c Cheese Cake Spread ( 6oz Lemon Greek Yogurt and 3oz Cream Cheese made Approx 1c @ 440 cal) 110
Sub Total 610

Dinner
1 bowl Beef Veg Soup 430 ( I am trying not to think what kind of sodium this had in it, but I know the rest of the day I did not have much if any sodium)
4 Buckwheat Cakes 200
Sub Total 630

Daily Total 1240

Water 60

I made buckwheat cakes I swear for hours today *lol*…. Yeah Do not think ohh I have a part of a bag of buckwheat left lets just finish it off because you end up with at least 72 cakes. DOLP I lost track somewhere and its probably more since there were 3 in the pan at a time*lol* If I use 72 cakes it comes out to 50 cal a cake. I think I am going to make a sandwich out of 2 of them since they are about the same size around as the Thin Buns.

I made Ontbijtkoek ( aka dutch spice bread). It smells sooooo yummy and super sweet. I have not eaten any at this time. I think I am going to eat a slice tomorrow morning. The recipe I used about filled large loaf pan. I think that 8 slices will make each slice hearty enough for 280 cal/slice at breakfast. I need to taste it, but I am pretty sure it is going to taste like a deeply spiced spice cake. Next time I think I will cut down the sweetness and use whole wheat instead of all purpose. Since this is something I have never even tasted before I followed the recipe exact. I must say the smell of it baking OMG OMG soooooo yummy.

I also roasted off some butternut squash. I am thinking of putting some of the soup my mom made in one and having it for lunch.I did not get to the veg, but I have enough for one day in the freezer. I also did not clean and cut up lettuce, so guess I will be doing that tomorrow morning.

Diana ~ Thank you for the compliment of altering recipes.. I have been doing it most of my life so I guess I am used to it. My grandfather is diabetic, so my grandmother would alter recipes because of that or because she did not have some ingredient on hand. I tend to be more open to trying different things because of this. If its not great Ehh I tried, but if its great I learned something new. The hardest part for me is using measuring cups. I tend to eyeball a lot even in baking. To get the calorie counts to be more accurate I need to use the cups though, so that is my challenge. I need to get a food scale. I think that would help my accuracy.

damiilya
01-30-2012, 06:02 AM
I made Ontbijtkoek ( aka dutch spice bread). It smells sooooo yummy and super sweet. I have not eaten any at this time. I think I am going to eat a slice tomorrow morning. The recipe I used about filled large loaf pan. I think that 8 slices will make each slice hearty enough for 280 cal/slice at breakfast. I need to taste it, but I am pretty sure it is going to taste like a deeply spiced spice cake. Next time I think I will cut down the sweetness and use whole wheat instead of all purpose. Since this is something I have never even tasted before I followed the recipe exact. I must say the smell of it baking OMG OMG soooooo yummy.

Wow, you did it, haha. Great job, one day I'll try to make it as well. XD

I just came back from school and going to do some ballet now and after that I'll eat some of my ontbijtkoek as well (but from the shop), hehe.

Breakfast:
* Oatmeal with frozen strawberries and sugar
* Slice of break with chocolate hazelnut spread
* Small cookie

Diana3271
01-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Have a great week!

Calories for yesterday: 1365 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 146.8 (TTOM)
No Change

erinrenae80 Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

ItsMyTurn
01-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Good morning all!!!!

Today I start my training at work, so won't be able to check in during the daytime - so doing it now :) After being couped up in a classroom all day for the next 2 weeks all day long, I imagine it won't be much of a struggle to get me out to do something cardio after work - of course I have said that before and had to kick my own butt, so who knows, LOL! Have an awesome day all!!!

mamakat
01-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Monday Morning WI 204.6. LOL, no movement from last weeks number, but if you saw the scale move like I did this week, you'd know I am super pleased to see that number again. What a week, I thought I'd never lose that stupid gained weight! But I did and I'm back to losing again, what a relief.

So this company makes chemically or genetically altered wheat? It only has 5g of digestible carbs. DH wanted to try it on Friday, he was super excited. SO we had spagetti. He said, if his tummy reacted, he'd have the whole weekend to get over it. He hasn't complained, but guess who has (not out loud) me, my tummy has not been happy since the meal. SO ding dong, just because it's low in carbs, wheat is wheat :p I'm back to NOT going to the bathroom again. UGH!!!! Told you, I never ever learn. :(

Welcome to the new comers :wave: erinrenae and alitorry. Glad to have you both. :welcome:

I will check back later for personals. Right now it's coffee and editing while laundry is washing. I'm way behind again. I'll never get this down. :D

LittleBrownBike
01-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone, Happy Monday... I hope everyone has a really great week!

berryblondeboys
01-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Morning all!

Mamakat yay on the scale going back down! But I'm shaking my finger at you for eating wheat, it's the WHEAT silly, not the gluten that gives you trouble!

Itsmyturn nice new avatar of you enjoying tennis. And good luck with 2 weeks of training at work! And hope your daughter is feeling better and better. Stinks that it's an ongoing problem though, and I hope she can hold off on knee replacement as long as possible too. Too young to be in so much pain all the time.

Everyone else, hi!

Up .4 on the scale this morning. Not too surprised as I ate at a friend's house for dinner and show made dinner with a condensed cream soup which I know is loaded with sodium. And 4 days with no bathroom trips.... But I went today (this is normal for me - every 3-4 days when I'm losing weight and no, I'm not constipated).

I need to start prepping the house for painting. I've put it off as long as I can. I have to do it this week! I need to paint the front entryway, the stairwell and the hallway upstairs and all the bazillion of door frames and doors in that area (8 of them) Not an easy paint job, but it needs to be done. Hasn't been done in 33 years!

And realized late last night that it's been one year since I've been on 3FC. Today on my blog I will finally be putting up updated photos and will do a one year celebration post with photos on 3fC too.

I put on another post that last night I discovered that my sister and I wear the same size in clothes and I might actually be a bit smaller. That shocked the crap out of me as I'm built way, way bigger than she is ( she is 3.5" shorter, she wears a size 6 shoe, I wear a 10. Hr hand is 2/3s the size of mine and in high school my ideal size was a 11/12 and hers was a 4/5. My skinny clothes were herr fat clothes.). It made me realize even morer how far I have come... Helps when I normally get stuck in the how far I have yet to go mode in my head.

Moondance
01-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Happy Monday! :D

Missed check-in yesterday, as I had to drive to pick up DH in Kansas. His car broke down and was stranded. Definition of a wasted day: 7.5 hours in the car and you end up where you started. Blech! I was very proud of myself though. I packed diet friendly snacks and lots of beverages. DH had a few girl scout cookies left with him, so we split them, 3 each. Otherwise no junk. Well, except for the Slim Jim beef stick. I'm hoping the sodium from that and the Japanese Hibatchi dinner we had for DD's birthday is what's keeping me at 186. DD turns 15 today, so I have cake to turn down tonight. That's it from my little slice of heaven. Another very busy week ahead. I'll do personal when I can. But I do want to say "Berry...LOVE the new pic!"

Have a great, OP day! :)

erinrenae80
01-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome Diana! :)

berryblondeboys
01-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Happy Monday! :D

Missed check-in yesterday, as I had to drive to pick up DH in Kansas. His car broke down and was stranded. Definition of a wasted day: 7.5 hours in the car and you end up where you started. Blech! I was very proud of myself though. I packed diet friendly snacks and lots of beverages. DH had a few girl scout cookies left with him, so we split them, 3 each. Otherwise no junk. Well, except for the Slim Jim beef stick. I'm hoping the sodium from that and the Japanese Hibatchi dinner we had for DD's birthday is what's keeping me at 186. DD turns 15 today, so I have cake to turn down tonight. That's it from my little slice of heaven. Another very busy week ahead. I'll do personal when I can. But I do want to say "Berry...LOVE the new pic!"

Have a great, OP day! :)

Oh yuck! But good job on not turning into a major binge fest day. Hope the car problem turns out to be minor too.

And thank you so much for the compliment. I'm still coming to terms/getting to know this new face in the mirror!

ilovemo
01-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Low calorie-ing it.. so

Breakfast- couple bites of greek yogurt (50) coffee (100)

Snack- string cheese (90)

Lunch- 2 pieces provolone (200) 2 slices turkey (40) mayo (100) all rolled up.. cucumber too (5)

Snack- papaya n cantaloupe fruit salad (100)

Dinner- Asian lettuce wraps (200)

885! yesssss evening out from yesterday.

Diana3271
01-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Itsmyturn Good luck with your class. That's tough being stuck in the classroom for 2 weeks! Did anything fun happen in class today? Sometimes they try to make it fun. I hope it was a good day for you.

Mamakat Ack! Not the wheat again! You and I keep finding ourselves in trouble with our food intolerance. I don't know who is worse. ;) Have you tried spaghetti squash? I had some Saturday with spaghetti sauce. :drool:

Berry I can definitely see a difference in your picture from 20 pounds ago. I can see you have lost weight in your face. It is thinner. I can see it in your neck. Your clothes cover up most of your neck/shoulder area, but I can see the weight loss in the area that's not covered. You can see (I don't know how to describe it) but the indention from your neck to chest. They were not as prominent before. I can also see how thrilled you are. Your smile is almost giddy like. You are very proud of what you have done, you are happy about it, and it shows in your smile. You have done a fantastic job. ETA: I asked my DH to compare your two pictures and he agreed and confirmed what I said and was thinking.

Moondance Great job planning your day, yesterday!

Ilovemo I know why you are going low calorie, today, but I would be starving! Did you make it though the day ok?

ilovemo
01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
^ LOL well lets see.. I had breakfast with my bf.. and he irritated me beyond belief so I couldnt even eat my yogurt. Then i was mad the rest of the afternoon so eating was just blahhhh, didnt really have an appetite all day.. eating felt like a chore.. so great day to have a low cal day huh ;) lol

and I probably over estimated my calories too.. "100" for coffee is over estimating.. but mehh overestimating is better then underestimating. By the way, I had coffee from Panera.. it was horrible. Nothing beats Mcdonalds coffee :)

Diana3271
01-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Total Approx 1440 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Sirloin Steak 400 calories
2 Orders Steamed veggies 200 calories
Cottage Cheese 100 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme Recovery Upper Body w/8's and 10's
#10 SD Xtreme Cardio Kickbox

Diana3271
01-30-2012, 09:15 PM
^ LOL well lets see.. I had breakfast with my bf.. and he irritated me beyond belief so I couldnt even eat my yogurt. Then i was mad the rest of the afternoon so eating was just blahhhh, didnt really have an appetite all day.. eating felt like a chore.. so great day to have a low cal day huh ;) lol

Hey, at least he was a little help for something! ;) Glad you got through the day.

qtkitty
01-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Morning Weight :rollpin: 381.8 Blah I feel like I am playing leap frog down the scale

Breakfast
Ontbijtkoek 280 ( took a banana too but didn’t eat it)
Sub Total 280

Lunch
2 buckwheat pancake (buns) 100
1 slice roast beef 35
1 slice provolone 70
Sun dried Tomato Spread 13
Roasted Red Pepper 5
Large Handful of Micro Greens 5
1/2c Red Seedless Grapes 60 ( only ate half of the grapes I took)
Sub Total 288

Dinner
1 bowl Beef Veg Soup 430
Butternut Squash (guessing high @ 2 cups) 164
1/8 slice of Ontbijtkoek with scraping of Whip Cream ( dd’s leftover dessert ) 40
PB&AB Multi-grain Wrap (dd’s leftover before bed snack… growth spurt need I say more) 190
Sub Total 824

Daily Total 1392

Water 60

The Ontbijtkoek I made is very good, very dense and very sweet. However I really love the spice in it, but then again I love cardamom. I actually have cardamom mint gum. It burns so good *lol*

I had a migraine and nausea most of the day today, so did not feel much like eating. I did though. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Damiilya~ Yeah I did it… not sure if its right … but I did it *lol* Next time I am so using a mixer. Getting the ingredients stirred was a work out in its self *lol*

Mamakat~ Have you tried Spelt or buckwheat? I know that some people have not had issues with spelt like they do wheat, even though technically spelt is a very old version of wheat. I read that buckwheat can be allergenic though ( luckily Me the one who is allergic to everything under the sun.. ok over exaggerating just a pinch is not allergic because I love the stuff)

Berry~ OMG Gorgeous new picture. I like the light hair and the lighting.

Moondance~woohoo road trip… *lol* Seems any time you go some where you always end up back home… so you sort of got a mini vacation …. Sort of

qtkitty
01-30-2012, 09:57 PM
ilovemo~McD's coffee here is .. err ... eye opening.. its strong and bitter here.. but if the place has different water it could taste completely different. There is a coffee house down from my work. Yeah, I am tempted not to go there everyday. The Mocha is my weakness. I take mine as is no added anything. A co worker of mine thinks I am crazy, but to me it tastes like a good quality deep dark chocolate ( High percent Cacao) with chocolate nibs and espresso( and if I could find that chocolate bar again it would be mine ... ohhh yes it would be bwahahaha)

mamakat
01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Evening Everyone,

I'm on Ambien time, so I hope this post will make sense :)

qtkitty I feel you on the scale thing, one moment it's "yay, I'm losing" then the next is "ugh, I've seen this number one too many times". It will go down though, sure enough give it time. Before I went low carb, I was doing gluten free. We found this bread that the store owner said was gluten free, it was decadent, the entire family was eating it like it was cake. It was Spelt. Spelt has gluten in it. A lot of things have gluten in it. And those grains that don't on not good on the low carb dieting. So it's darned if you do and darned if you don't.

Diana It does stink to have an allergy to foods you've grown up with and have loved like old friends, but the pain and ickyness isn't worth it. Ha, I say that now while I'm dealing with it. Then the moment I'm clear I eat it again. I did talk to DH about the pasta, said he could continue to eat it, but I'm going to skip it. He said he was too as he wasn't impressed. Oh and I forgot to mention, your pictures are beautiful. You look marvelous.

Berry Speaking of pictures, I second everything Diana said. You look fantastic.

Moondance I am geographically challenged. You drove to Kansas and back in 7.5 hrs? I had no idea Kansas was that close to Colorado. To be honest, I have no idea what so ever where Kansas is located. Did your dh's car get towed home? I'm glad the trip was safe and not a binge opportunity, or one that you denied. Car rides are hard to do without eating bad food. I probably gained at the very least 30 of my pounds from traveling back and forth to Delaware for a few years.

ItsMyTurn love the action shot of you. Did you get any tennis in today?

AFM I barely got anything done. I did maybe 3 or 4 loads of laundry, some scribbled notes and editing, but I ended up zonking out and not getting a workout in. And tomorrow is Tues, so not sure what will happen. I will do my best :)

I hope you all have a great night.

qtkitty
01-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Mamakat~ *lol* see thats why I would not be good on low carb ... I have lowered my intake a good bit though and increased my meats. I tended not to eat meat and go for the starch and carbs more so. Not even sweet carbs but more potatoes and bread.

mamakat
01-31-2012, 12:27 AM
qtkitty I love breads and potatoes, but I'm a sweets junkie too. I am an addict to the sugar. I say I can say no, but I can't. I did do low fat dieting in the beginning and lost a good amount of weight, but I also binged a lot. I hardly ever binge with low carbs.

outofideazz
01-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am new to this site and haven't really figured my way around it yet. I did weight watchers after i went back to work from maternity leave and kept it off for 3 years until I began struggling with crazy digestive issues that have pretty much been running my life for the last 2 years. I am desperately ready to take back control of my eating and weight. I've made several futile attempts to make WW work for me again but for some reason, I just can't get my head back into it. I know I want to lose weight but I haven't settled on a plan yet. I'm open to suggestions and hoping for a little encouragement.

Christie.

qtkitty
01-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Mamakat~ you have to do what works ... for now I am just trying to figure out if I need something or if I need to cut something out. There are like a zillion paths right now and I can go anyway, but I am definately not taking the one back to where I was ... Nope Nope Nope

oh and .... I may have some of that computer age want everything right now patients issues so seeing the over all number not drop out like it does unrealistically on biggest loser... I feel like Aww man ... but I know that if this was easy then everyone would be thin and fast food joints would be out of business * snickers *

qtkitty
01-31-2012, 12:59 AM
outofideazz/Christie~ welcome ... I hope that you find a plan that works for you... have you tried calorie counting.. there are several online resources for finding the calories in foods.. then you can adjust from there... or there is low carb .... low fat... finding what works for you and is healthy is the important thing.

mamakat
01-31-2012, 06:31 AM
outofideazz I second what qtkitty says. I think a major start to weight loss is knowing how much is a true serving. I think a lot of us, go through life overeating because we never learn what a true serving really is. Calorie counting is a great way to start that journey. If you are an over eater, even eating food that is good for you, is still eating too much. You can join a calorie counting site...My Fitness Pal and Livestrong (I think) are two, but there are lots. Many 'chicks' are on MFP and would be glad to friend you and give you extra support. Also whether low fat or low carb or just learning how to eat proper serving sizes, you have to work with something that works with you. If you eat foods you don't like, you will begin to find losing weight a chore. It shouldn't be. You really shouldn't look at it as "I'm doing this to lose weight" that should be the bonus of changing your ways.

We do our best to teach our kids to eat right, exercise (and if your anything like me, you've used yourself as an example as why they should do so). We help them to go down the right path because we love them...it's time to love ourselves. Its time to take our own advice. The motivation behind losing the weight/changing our lifestyles shouldn't be for anyone but ourselves because we are the ones who must do the work and live the results. So on hard days you should repeat a mantra that reminds you that you are worth it. That's what I do.

I use Christine Agulera's You are beautiful, no matter what they say. I think one of our hardest struggles in life (for everyone, not just overweight people) is loving ourselves. Sometimes we feel selfish if we do it or sometimes we aren't raised that way, so it can be very hard. But that what lifestyle change needs. You must love yourself enough to make that change and stick with it. When the scale slows down or we have a bad day (and we will!) we have to remember, we are worth it.

I wish you the best of luck. Stay strong and post often.

ItsMyTurn
01-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Berry - WOW!!!! Love your new avatar! Look at you with definition in your neck and your face is all reshaped just from your last one! :O Amazing!!! Great job!!!!

ItsMyTurn
01-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Diana - Unfortunately nothing really fun happened in class - although I have realized I have to take my full dose of Ritalin to get through the day, LOL! The instructor was asking ME questions on functions of her computer - and have yet to really learn anything I didn't already know, but did get an opportunity to take 2 of the mandated testings you need to be allowed per federal standards, to be taking calls in that area - so there's my plus , :lol:

Mamakat - I don't get a chance to play tennis on weekdays. By the time I get home from work it is borderline dark and there are no lights at the courts. As soon as I got home both of my girls were waiting on me to help with homework, so not much time for anything outside the family last night. I am hoping to get out for walk/run or elliptical tonight though - feeling like I need a workout after being couped up :) Sorry about no movement on the scale, but you have been doing incredible lately, so I wouldn't worry about it ;)

Everyone have an awesome day!!!!

Diana3271
01-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

TTOM has me feeling sleepy/tired this morning. Still working on my morning energy :coffee2:

Calories for yesterday: 1440 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 146.6 (TTOM)
Down: .2

Diana3271
01-31-2012, 07:17 AM
outofideazz (Christie) Hi :wave: and welcome to the check-in!

Italiannie
01-31-2012, 07:40 AM
Hi Everyone!

Scale up a bit still from the weekend - more carbs than usual - but mostly back under control.

Heading out for my morning walk.

Have a great day on plan, everyone!

berryblondeboys
01-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Berry I can definitely see a difference in your picture from 20 pounds ago. I can see you have lost weight in your face. It is thinner. I can see it in your neck. Your clothes cover up most of your neck/shoulder area, but I can see the weight loss in the area that's not covered. You can see (I don't know how to describe it) but the indention from your neck to chest. They were not as prominent before. I can also see how thrilled you are. Your smile is almost giddy like. You are very proud of what you have done, you are happy about it, and it shows in your smile. You have done a fantastic job. ETA: I asked my DH to compare your two pictures and he agreed and confirmed what I said and was thinking.

Wow, Diana, I'd didn't even notice some of those differences! Even when I was much think, I didn't have a lot of bones showing through in my shoulders and neck area, so if I ever gt that it will seem realllllly weird. It's funny you mention that I looked almost giddy. It was below freezing outside, it was 8:30 in the morning Andy was racing to get everything done in the morning and I was worried the sleep crease in my one eye lid would show up in the picture. I wanted to take photos that morning as Sundays, because of work, is when I usually look the best and someone is around to take photos. The Saturday photos of me in my mommy clothes didn't turn out as nice.

Anyway, thanks... My face has changed so much it's hard for metorealize it's me!

berryblondeboys
01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Morning Weight :rollpin: 381.8 Blah I feel like I am playing leap frog down the scale

The Ontbijtkoek I made is very good, very dense and very sweet. However I really love the spice in it, but then again I love cardamom. I actually have cardamom mint gum. It burns so good *lol*

I had a migraine and nausea most of the day today, so did not feel much like eating. I did though. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Berry~ OMG Gorgeous new picture. I like the light hair and the lighting.

The scale is such the enemy. My scale, after a very weird month, is doing its usually thing now. Stuck for awhile... Pay attention to what foods spike weight, what times of the month stall you out and when the whooshes come, it helps with keeping your sanity.

Hope your headache is better today and now I want to try making that bread. I'm an avid baker and that has peaked my interest... Though I wouldn't eat it myself as I stay away from such carbs.

And thanks for the compliment on the picture. I had just gotten my hair cut on Friday and I like this cut a lot. It is really wash and go. Took me 3 minutes of drying to do. And the lightness is just the way the sun was hitting my hair. I haven't colored/bleached my hair since I was 23.

I'm about as much of a natural girl as you get. No plucking eyebrows, no foundations and creams, no hair dyes and bleaching, no nail polish, etc. I put on minimal makeup and I feel I need to because I'm so fair. My eyelashes are blonde. Without mascara, I have no eyes (and I only wear mascara on my workday or when I'm going out, so typically Sundays)

Anyway, thank you!

berryblondeboys
01-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Evening Everyone,

I'm on Ambien time, so I hope this post will make sense :)

Berry Speaking of pictures, I second everything Diana said. You look fantastic.

AFM I barely got anything done. I did maybe 3 or 4 loads of laundry, some scribbled notes and editing, but I ended up zonking out and not getting a workout in. And tomorrow is Tues, so not sure what will happen. I will do my best :)

I hope you all have a great night.

Hope you got some good sleep last night and that the wheat is treating you better today. It stinks to feel bad.

Thanks for the compliment!

Diana3271
01-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Berry Were you here a year ago when I had my camera/picture freak out moment? I am not very photogenic and on top of that DH cannot take a picture (of me) to save his life. Anyways, after he took some pictures, I was very upset. Not a little upset, very upset! I thought I looked like a freak. I literally called my best friend and asked her if I looked like a freak. :o Anyways, everyone agrees that I am not photogenic. I have accepted this and moved on. Here's my problem . . . I cannot relate to my heavier pictures. It's been so long since I have looked like that. I cannot relate to my smaller pictures because I haven't been this size for very long, and my pictures don't turn out well. I am just a crazy mixed up mess when it comes to pictures and relating to them. :lol:

berryblondeboys
01-31-2012, 09:25 AM
...it's time to love ourselves. Its time to take our own advice. The motivation behind losing the weight/changing our lifestyles shouldn't be for anyone but ourselves because we are the ones who must do the work and live the results. So on hard days you should repeat a mantra that reminds you that you are worth it. That's what I do.

I use Christine Agulera's You are beautiful, no matter what they say. I think one of our hardest struggles in life (for everyone, not just overweight people) is loving ourselves. Sometimes we feel selfish if we do it or sometimes we aren't raised that way, so it can be very hard. But that what lifestyle change needs. You must love yourself enough to make that change and stick with it. When the scale slows down or we have a bad day (and we will!) we have to remember, we are worth it.

I wish you the best of luck. Stay strong and post often.

Oh this is so very wise. Yesterday there was 177 views on my blog. People were commenting here and on other threads and on Facebook about my transformation and while it felt great, it was a weird feeling too. And I think you hit on it. Learning to say its ok to love yourself. To feel ok in saying I have nice hair, eys, etc it's ok to say I have a rocking body or that I'm pretty. I'm not there. I was raised to not look in mirrors because that was vanity. To not compliment yourself because that was wrong, to not agree too much of someone gave a compliment. And I think I took the lesson to literally. While it was intended as a lesson on humility, itntaughtnme to not appreciate my assets to not draw attention to myself, period - good or bad and to be overly modest and uncomfortable in my own skin. A lot of the reasoning behind being so open THIS journey, is that the last journey (where I gained it all back). I didn't document the changes. I didn't keep track and my head messed with me and I could only see the flaws... Because I was raised to not notice the good in myself.... Just to fixe what was wrong to make myself more perfect. I was supposed to be the perfect daughter - in looks, grades, everything. And I let my mom down when I gained weight in high school....

Anyway... Yes, it is so important to learn to love yourself and to say its ok to take care of yourself. Even ifnyou twist it in a way, like I had to, that in order to take care of others, my family the way i want to, I have to take care of myself first.

berryblondeboys
01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Berry - WOW!!!! Love your new avatar! Look at you with definition in your neck and your face is all reshaped just from your last one! :O Amazing!!! Great job!!!!

Ah, thank you!

berryblondeboys
01-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Hi Everyone!

Scale up a bit still from the weekend - more carbs than usual - but mostly back under control.

Heading out for my morning walk.

Have a great day on plan, everyone!

But back on track is good! I had a weak moment with a cupcake yesterday... So let's be strong and not let it happen today!

berryblondeboys
01-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Berry Were you here a year ago when I had my camera/picture freak out moment? I am not very photogenic and on top of that DH cannot take a picture (of me) to save his life. Anyways, after he took some pictures, I was very upset. Not a little upset, very upset! I thought I looked like a freak. I literally called my best friend and asked her if I looked like a freak. :o Anyways, everyone agrees that I am not photogenic. I have accepted this and moved on. Here's my problem . . . I cannot relate to my heavier pictures. It's been so long since I have looked like that. I cannot relate to my smaller pictures because I haven't been this size for very long, and my pictures don't turn out well. I am just a crazy mixed up mess when it comes to pictures and relating to them. :lol:

Yes, I remember that and I could totally relate to that too. I'm not comfortable in front of the camera and my husband, who can take decent photos, gets frustrated because I am not photogenic because of my uncomfortableness with the camera. So, he will say, after every photo "you look so much better than this. You just do something weird in front of the camera." As a child, I used to bawl whenever the camera came out. I hated it that much. I look at photos of myself and I rarely feels it captures me and Sven agrees, it doesn't usually.

And yes, when I look at the 275 pounds photos, I can't believe it's me. But then, I am still coming to terms with this thinner face and wonder who she is too. But I am glad I'm taking photos because I am trying, ever so hard to learn to like me for me. To come to terms with me... I think I hated photos so much because they completely focus on you and that freaks me out.... Since I was like 5.

So I totally get you on that one Diana, and no, you are not a freak and you don't look like a freak, but I was also believe you probably look better in person because I know I definitely do.

erinrenae80
01-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning everyone!

I did fairly well yesterday. I did some exercising yesterday morning, a 30 minute walk in the afternoon because the weather is so nice, and 30 minutes of free step on the Wii. I'm paying for all of it now. I was going to do some Hula Hoop on the Wii this morning but my knees said a giant NO. So, I'm going to take it easy this morning and see how a walk goes later. If nothing else, I'll get the weights out and do some strength training.

I hope everyone has a great day!

ilovemo
01-31-2012, 10:42 AM
So this makes me quite happy.. I had a carb filled day on sunday, and then I had a low carb day yesterday and I didn't gain any wait from sunday :) yayy @ no weight gain :D

Alright so todayy:

breakfast- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (70) coffee (100)

Snack- 2 string cheese (180) banana (100)

Preworkout lunch/snack - 1 slices turkey (20) mayo (50) provolone cheese (90 ) cucumbers (~5) Rest of my greek yogurt (40)

Post workout munchies- Almonds (100)

Dinner- Panera salmon salad.. half of a half (200) Steak chili (340)

Snack- truffle (60) trail mix (50)

~ 1400

ilovemo
01-31-2012, 10:46 AM
ilovemo~McD's coffee here is .. err ... eye opening.. its strong and bitter here.. but if the place has different water it could taste completely different. There is a coffee house down from my work. Yeah, I am tempted not to go there everyday. The Mocha is my weakness. I take mine as is no added anything. A co worker of mine thinks I am crazy, but to me it tastes like a good quality deep dark chocolate ( High percent Cacao) with chocolate nibs and espresso( and if I could find that chocolate bar again it would be mine ... ohhh yes it would be bwahahaha)

That sounds amazing.. Im a sucker for high percent cacao.. You know whats really good.. high percent cacao bars with sea salt n almonds.. pure decadence lol. But I used to hate mcdonalds coffee.. but now I love it.. idk why I think its bc ive gotten used to the taste (low price, fastest thing to buy) I seriously cant go a day without it. Talk about addiction. :cool:

LittleBrownBike
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone.

Sorry I didn't check in last night, it was just kind of a weird evening. I'm working on a new article and also materials for a new class.

Yesterday I skipped breakfast and for lunch I had leftover steak and plain baked potato from dinner Sunday night. It was about 1/4th of the steak and about 1/4th of the potato. Also had several glasses of water.

For dinner last night I had leftover steak from my dads dinner on Sunday night, lol... I made chicken/veggie kabobs for dinner and the smell of the raw chicken turned me off big time... everyone else said it smelled fine and I only purchased the chicken on Saturday morning... Also had 2 burgers left over from Saturday morning as well and was going to make those, but they also smelled really bad and I threw them out... hubby was annoyed because he thought they smelled fine... I'm not sure why all of a sudden I felt like the chicken smelled really bad... The same thing happened on Saturday when I had some chicken that I had purchased during the week and when I opened it, I thought it smelled really bad and threw it out... Mom and hubby smelled it on Saturday and thought it was fine as well... I'm a big chicken eater so I'm not sure whats up with that... hopefully its a fluke and not that I'm having some smell issue lol... I'm really not cut out to be a vegitarian...

So I ended up having a small piece (about 1/4 of the original steak) plus 1 microwaved red potato with a little bit of cheese and sour cream, and grilled onions. I also had 10 oz of coke with dinner and after dinner I had the last of the chocolate chip ice cream.. about a cup... won't be buying any more...

This morning on the way to work I stopped in at the grocery store and picked up some stuff for lunch. I also picked up a container of fat free milk and some protein powder. For breakfast I had 8 oz fat free milk with 1/2 scoop of protein powder. I figured it was better than having nothing hmmm....

Tonight I'm going to take the dogs for a bike ride and then start day 1 of "couch to 5k"...

LittleBrownBike
01-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Oh also yesterday I called the specialist for the potential endometriosis diagnosis, since I have already had so many tests done, they have asked me to fax them the results from the most recent set of tests and once they get them they will set up the appointment...

LittleBrownBike
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Holy cow, did I scare everyone off? I hope everyone is having a great day!

Breakfast 9 am:
8 oz fat free milk with 1/2 scoop whey protein

Lunch 11:45 am:
1 breaded fried chicken strip on a whole wheat hawaiian role
1 6oz juice/veggie drink by Adam & Eve

Snack 1:00 pm
1 jazz apple

Dinner 6:00 pm
Rotisserie chicken, 2 legs and 1 thigh, 2 slices of white bread with butter
6 oz coke

Water: About 30 oz
Exercise: None - I had planned to start my couch to 5k and do a bike ride with the dogs and it simply didn't work out... ever think your family is subconciously sabotaging efforts?

mamakat
01-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Good Evening Everyone,
Quiet day today. I hope everyone had a great day. I did well. I walked for 96 mins., the boardwalk/state park...saw a hawk. :) I rested, worked on laundry and got ready for New Haven. FOUND PARKING right off, YES. Therapist and I discussed my fatigue. It started out as just being tired, but now it's painful so I have to call my hematologist tomorrow. I realized today, I haven't seen him in a long time and the last time I needed treatments. I never got a follow-up. So I plan to call him tomorrow. I will talk to him about the kidney thing too. Tomorrow starts February and I'm still in the 200's, I should not be here! So I'm determined. Therapist was shocked I went for the walk. :lol: I can't tell you how many times I threw my head back and said "ugh, I'm exhausted." but what could I do, I was a long way from home and the only way of getting there was to walk...so that's what I did.

I'm off to bed. As tired as I am, I wouldn't have to use the Ambien. I'll fall asleep easy enough. Maybe I'll just take half tonight. :)

Have a great night everyone.

Diana3271
01-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Itsmyturn Good job on the testing! Maybe you can take all of them early and opt out of the class. ;) I know wishful thinking! :D

Italiannie Hi :wave: I hope you had a nice walk today. Great job on getting back on plan.

So I totally get you on that one Diana, and no, you are not a freak and you don't look like a freak, but I was also believe you probably look better in person because I know I definitely do.

Berry Thank you. Exactly! I swear I look better in person than some of those crazy pictures I have. :lol:

Erinrenae Great job on your workouts!

Ilovemo Congrats on getting through the BBQ without a gain!

Littlebrownbike I hope you can get a diagnosis quickly. I would suggest to have someone else cook the chicken. :lol: You can eat it once its ready. ;) I had a busy day so I wasn't on here earlier.

Mamakat How are you feeling today with the gluten effects? Good grief! We were posting at the same time, again! :lol:

Diana3271
01-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Total Approx 1455 Calories + coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (715 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 caloies
1/4 cup cottage cheese 45 calories
peaches w/cinnamon 70 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ

berryblondeboys
01-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Hey everyone. Did yoga today and got a bike ride in. Such gorgeousness for weather that is supposed to last until tomorrow, so I decided it was worth filling the tires and luring the chain. My little guy was so thrilled to see the bike at school pick up instead of walking or going by car (when the weather is bad).

Tomorrow, I will ride my bike to the grocery store, clean up the garbage, screew the thingees in the wall and hang the bikes (this leaning against the wall business doesn't work) and deal with the tool chest. Yep, still procrastinating with the painting, but I want to be outside!

Can't believe tomorrow is February 1st!

qtkitty
02-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Morning Weight 381.0

Breakfast
Cinnamon Raisin Bagel 230
Chioboni Pineapple Yogurt ( wow sweet) 160
Sub Total 390

Lunch
Lrg mocha 400
1/2Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini ( The rest is waiting for lunch tomorrow ) Calories 250
Balsamic Vinaigrette 90
Romaine 28
Tomato 4
Sub Total 742

Dinner
Meatball Green Pepper and onion no sauce ( I got sauce on the side.. Sauce gives my mom indigestion) 600
Raspberry Jell-O Parfait ( jello and a smidge of whip cream OMG good.. Would be good w/ Greek yogurt too ) 80
Sub Total 680

Daily Total 1812

Water 48

Exercise:
Wii Fitness Plus ( oh yes I did) Yoga, Strength training, hula hoop, and much more 49 minutes / 345 Calories ( I had to adjust since it shows my weight as 172.2 with the foam modification)

I need to get back on track with the water .. Been feeling dry. I had been craving a Panini for awhile. I finally broke down. Then got a call from my mom tonight as I was leaving work that my dd asked if we could have pizza for dinner. It isn’t often she specifically asks for stuff like that, so there was no way I was saying no.

I received the PB2 and mixed up a 2 TBSP serving 45 Calories for PB2 peanut butter. My mom even said it wasn’t to bad. My daughter LOVED it and ate it on teddy grams for before bed snack. Of course it was a blob on a chop stick and a teddy gram stuck to it. She thought that this was just to funny. Now I can have a nice PB and AB and not feel so sad that I am eating so many calories in one huge moment. I think I will have a PB sandwich this week for lunch at work. Yum sounds like a deal to me.

If I do not loose anything tomorrow morning I will have lost 5.8lbs this month. Not exactly what I was shooting for, but way better than nothing. I need to do pictures and measuring, just to see if anything changed.

I need to keep above 1400 with more lean meats, dark veg and fruit and do some exercising this next month.

Berry ~ I am natural too… My mom swears I will start dyeing my hair when it turns grey, but it hasn’t happened yet. I do buff my nails to give them shine once and awhile and shape them and scrape my souls with a foot file. I have a bad tendency not to shave… I know TMI.. I wear pants all the time and no one ever sees my legs but my dd …. Soooo. Since I got those new clothes I have been trying to dress nice wear my hair down and slap on a little war paint in the morning *lol* . Which is just a little bronzer on the cheeks and eye lids, mascara on the lashes, a dab of eye liner if I have time( the more tired I look the more this helps me look awake), a little powder for the apples of my cheeks (cause they are suuuuuper red lately/ dry and chapped I think ), and tinted chap stick.

I can not believe that it is already going to be a new month either!! It seems like it just ZOOMED on by.

Ilovemo~ My fav chocolate would have to be high percentage cacao with espresso or chocolate nibs… then high percentage cacao with dried cranberries and I think it was almond or macadamia. Then high percentage cacao with dried Blueberry with almonds. I normally get them at a little ding dent store down the road for 89 cents a bar along with 89 cents for a 3 pack of gum. I do not like going near the chocolate area in there anymore because its to tempting!!! I have actually bought to much chocolate there before and they got the white on the outside where it was alittle old. I felt so bad to waste it like that. Yet it is so good and so hard to find good chocolate around here in the boonies.

Mamakat~ * does a happy snoopy dance for your walk * YAY Good job!! I hope you get a good nights rest and feel way better tomorrow *ss*

Larry H
02-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Don't pay the ransom, I escaped!! I make a joke but it is really not funny. I have been a slave to my mental and physical obsession with food since 1/13/2012.

I have been Pigging out with a capital "P" and I was ashamed to post my situation on 3FC. Insanity that's what it is. I did not seek the help that I so desperately needed. Help from you all, my friends who understand this thinking and would have helped me. I won't know until my morning weigh in how much ground I have lost. The good news is this only lasted 18 days. My history with yo yo dieting shows that this could have been a whole lot worse. In the past I did not get off the merry go round until I gained all that I lost and then some more.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get back on track with your support.

I sure missed you all!!

I am scheduled for more surgery but after the Cardiac Bypass and the Kidney removal last year this is small potatoes. My cataracts have progressed to the point that I am having a lot of difficulty seeing. I was at the eye surgeon two days ago and he says it is time. Surgery for my left eye is scheduled for 2/22/2012 and my right eye will be done about one week later.

My left foot is very painful and I went to the podiatrist yesterday. Seems that I have a Neuroma or pinched nerve. Received a cortizone shot plus numbing along with an orthodic insert for my shoes. I see him for a follow up in ten days and he says if this does not work the chemical destruction of the nerve will be tried. If that does not work surgery is the last option.

Larry

Diana3271
02-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Let's make this a great month!

Calories for yesterday: 1455 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 146.2 (TTOM)
Down: .4

Larry We have been worried about you! I'm glad you checked in. Sorry about you getting off plan. I promise you, we would not judge you. We have all been there, many times. Nothing about this is easy. Every day is a struggle and every day there is a new struggle to deal with. Hang in there. :hug:

jomatho
02-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Diana, I saw your pictures this week, you look wonderful! I was so happy to see your pictures and am glad you shared them, very inspirational to so many people!

Berry, I saw your one year anniversary post and popped over to your blog, you are looking fabulous too! I loved seeing your progress pics, what a long way you have come!!! You too are an inspiration to so many. Keep it up, you will be at goal before you know it.

mamakat
02-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I succumbed to the pain last night and had a Tramadol. And since I loaded my weekly pill box funny I couldn't find the Ambien and cut it in half. Tramadol usually keeps me awake, but after it kicked in I was out like a light, now I'll be hung over all day. I get so tired after taking pain relievers. But I got a good night sleep. I know its fatigue when I wake up just as exhausted as when I went to bed...I will definitely be calling Hematologist today.

Kids are off 1/2 day today so that cuts any plans of anything and besides, I'm just too tired...:lol: I already said that :) It's raining. I was sort of hoping that it was nice outside again, I could always go for a shorter walk, but it's icky out. So maybe today is a rest day OR laundry :D

Jomatho nice to see you around, how have you been?

Larry I'm so glad you're back, we wouldn't judge you. Like Diana said, we know how hard it is and we've all have gone off the wagon from time to time. We're only human and lets face it, food is yummy! :hug: So glad you're back. Now eat well and exercise :D

Diana :wave: good morning.

Berry "screw the thingee in" okay that sounds just like me. I say thing for nearly everything and then let others figure out what I'm saying :lol: Hope you get to ride today.

Qtkitty I've never had a panini and now I'm craving it. I would love to binge right now on bread, but I won't. So the folks had pizza, but you ate something different? DH and I get pizzas then scrape the toppings off, we give the crusts to the kids or dog. That's when we have pizza, I don't really care for it, but beggars can't be choosers and I beg for food :p I hate to cook.

Scale is staying on same number, and I have no problem with that. Stay all you want, just don't go up. I will get under 200 this month. I was a little over 210 at the beginning of the month so that brings me to a 6lbs loss. It could have and should have been better. This month for sure. I want to pack away the size 18s for good. I'm in 16s now but on more bloaty days I have to wear my bigger pants. I want to see 14s my March, that would be so cool.

LittleBrownBike
02-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Berry your pictures are really fantastic and a big inspiration, what a wonderful job you have done!

Italiannie
02-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Everyone!
Can feel scale moving downward again - cutting way down on processed carbs in the form of bread/pastas. Won't record a weigh-in for a couple of more days.

LarryH - I have found the days I don't want to post are the most important days to post for me. It's what really keeps me going. I hope your health problems get resolved in the quickest and best way for you.

Regarding Posting - I would like to tell you all that this is the longest I've ever stayed accountable to a food plan without WW. My usual track record is about 3-4 weeks, then I become adrift and wander back to old habits. I just started Week 8, and have no desire to stop, slow down or go back, despite a few bumps. 3FC, and this accountability thread are a huge part of my new lifestyle. Thanks again for being there, everyone!

Off for my walk.
Have a great day On Plan!

Diana3271
02-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Jo Good Morning! Thank you! :)

berryblondeboys
02-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Qtkitty I just discovered PB2 too. I am no wooing to order the protein powder plus (defatted peanut butter) and see how I like that as its way cheaper and I can sweeten it or keep it unsweetened. And yep, my MIL says I will dye my hair as I turn grey, but I doubt it. I have dark blonde/light brown hair and the White is coming like its a highlight... So probably not.

Mamakat I'm so sorry you are in pain and that you are so exhausted. I think you are right that it's time for the hematologist. Glad you got a good slep last night, but not glad you were in pain. Hope today is a better day.

LarryH add me to the worried crew. But I am much happier that you we just pigging out instead of in the hospital with complications. And we would never pass judgements. As others have said... We've all been there and get it.

Jomatho nice to you check in. And thank you for the compliment. I don't try to inspire... I'm just doing the best I can... Been fighting the same pounds now for two months, but I guess I expected it with the holidays, but it still bites - planned or not.

Italiannie yay for you and sticking with it! It really does help to find a group to commiserate with... To feel you aren't doing it alone... Even though you are, at least you are in like company. Yay for you!

Littlebrownbike thank you for your kind words. I truly hate having photos taken, so this is all new for me, but is been good for me too. The blog has been a great way to express my feelings and thoughts throughout as well. My own therapy sessions I guess.

Diana and everyone else I might have missed, Hi!

BuffJim
02-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone Happy February! I just landed in Oslo Norway - that was a tiring journey. I'm here till Sunday, then off to Moscow Russia for a week. BRRRR.
I'm really just trying to maintain this month. Business trips and cruises are awful for me. We leave for our cruise 4 days after I get home from Russia. It's tough to turn down free food and drinks.

Welcome Back Larry.

Italiannie congrats on 8 weeks of good efforts!

berryblondeboys
02-01-2012, 10:34 AM
As for me, the scale is creeping back up, but I know why. We have been eating bean fajitas (minus the tortilla for me) with homemade beans and salsa. That meal is so ber healthy for nutrients, but even with my own beans instead of canned, it is so high in sodium and needs to be. It doesn't taste right without the salt. So, two meals of that have me up on the scale, as well as my uglier monthly stall out stuff.

We are also fighting the school with my older teen. They are now all after him about using a smart pen in school. Good flipping grief. We have a meeting in a week to go over his 504 Plan. It needs to be more proactive. The kid is doing the best he can, but needs to be able to use all tools available to help keep him organized, the school just fights all technology unless it's written into a 504 or IEP. Pfft.

Going to clean the garage today, volunteer at my younger son's school as always and ride a bike and then do those double express classes at the gym tonight.

mamakat
02-01-2012, 11:24 AM
as promised, I made an appointment for tomorrow at 9.30. OK, this is how bad I have been, the secretary sort of lectured me and they MOVED. They are actually closer, but that's how bad I've been neglecting myself. Yikes, it's hard to remember just because I feel good doesn't mean certain things start working on their own. LOL. But who knows, maybe I'm just tired. I did sit out yesterday after my walk. I don't absorb Vitamin D digestively (made up word) so I'm supposed to sit outside for 15mins any day that I can, that's hard during the winter :p But I did it.

Berry I do feel physically better today. I'm just tired. I'll be glad to go see the doctor tomorrow. You know it's bad when the secretary says "you don't sound so good" after a hello. :lol: I like her. That sucks about your son's school being tight (won't finish statement :p) would they bark if he brought in a recorder? Colleges allow that kind of stuff, isn't high school supposed to be preparing our kids for that. Also, they know your son is a good kids. It would be one thing if he was a goof off, but come on, this is second year with him, they know. LOL, I get so mad. I hope you get it worked out.

Moondance
02-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Happy Wednesday! :D

Missed posting yesterday...spent time at various Dr. appts. for me and DD. All is good...just check-ups.

I'm struggling a little with portion sizes and sugar (chocolate) cravings. If I could realistically put exercise into my day, I think I would be fine. But I just can't seem to do it. I have all the reasons you've heard before: 1) I HATE exercising. 2) We live far from work/town, so joining a gym isn't feasible, nor is joining a recreational sports team. 3) I don't even go to the work-out center we have at my job because I need to get home to care for the family. I feel like my priority is making sure the kids are fed and have help with their homework. Never mind that they're 18 and 15 and could easily fend for themselves. It's my job as a mom to provide for their needs like this. 4) I have a nordic track at home. I forget it's there. I don't even think about using it once I get home. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I don't remember. 5) we have a dog and I could walk him every night. But our hilly neighborhood has no sidewalk and drivers are going 40+ mph. I don't feel safe walking. 6) I am not a morning person, so waking up early to do something I hate doesn't happen either.

I understand it needs to be a priority. It's very difficult for me to put myself ahead of my children. In just a few short months now, I'll be down to one kid. Maybe that will ease my guilt...

I wrote so much about myself this time I've run out of time to do personals. Miss a day, miss a lot! Even if I don't post, I do read everyday. Hope you all have a great, OP day!

Larry H
02-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I did sit out yesterday after my walk. I don't absorb Vitamin D digestively (made up word) so I'm supposed to sit outside for 15mins any day that I can, that's hard during the winter :p But I did it.

mamakat - Clothes block the sun and you don't get much vitamin D. Have you considered sitting outside in your bathing suit during the Winter? :rofl: Congrats on doing the hard thing even when you don't want to. That is inspiring

My scale read 225 this morning. This is a 10 pound gain since I went off plan for 18 days. I sure thought it was going to be worse than that!!

My DW and I have as of today adopted a new daily calorie goal of 1400. DW's daily goal used to be 1600 and mine was 1500. 1400 is very doable. With careful planning of our daily meals we should be OK getting our needed nutrients. I think I have told you all in the past that I do 100% of the cooking, food shopping and meal planning in our house.

Larry

ilovemo
02-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Hello everyone! planning for today..

Breakfast- coffee (100) greek yogurt (140)

Snack- Cheese stick (90)

Lunch- frozen yogurt w/passion fruit boba YUMMM (300)

Snack- almonds (70) cheese stick (90)

Dinner- Mcdouble no bun (230) and some more meat (200)

Total ~ 1220

BTw ladies.. KILLER cardio workout today.

LittleBrownBike
02-01-2012, 07:58 PM
8:00 a.m.
8 oz fat free milk w/ 1 scoop designer whey protien powder

11:30
1/2 chicken grilled, small order waffle fries

1:45
1/2 container yogurt

3:15
1 jazz apple

6:00
2 meatballs, 1 cup veggie pasta with a small amount of pasta sauce

Water: 45 oz
Exercise:
1.12 miles bike ride w/ dogs, 9 minutes AND
Week1Part1 of Couch to 5k 1.75 mile walk/jog 29 minutes

Larry H
02-01-2012, 08:33 PM
First day back on plan went well.

Breakfast

1 1/2 cup Del Monte no sugar added slice pears 120 calories

Lunch (our big meal)

Turkey, dark meat, meat only, roasted, fryer-roasters [3.2 oz] 147 calories
Baked potato, flesh and skin, w/o salt [6 oz] 158 calories
Green beans, frozen, boiled, drained w/o salt [3/4 Cup] 29 calories
Black coffee [1 Cup] 0 calories

Dinner

Horizon Organic - Extra Large Eggs [2] 160 calories
Wonder Smart White Bread Toasted[2 slices (1.8 oz)] 100 calories
Oscar Mayer - Bacon, Americas Favorite, Lower Sodium [2 Slices (1 oz)] 140 calories
Black coffee [1 Cup] 0 calories

Total for the day = 854 calories and 800 mg sodium :woohoo:

Larry

alitorry
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Larry, I love your bottom quote :)

today
breakfast
fat free milk & protein shake 220 cals

lunch
healthy choice soup 220 cals
mini rice cakes 70 cals
light string cheese 50 cals total 310 cals

snack
fiber one brownie 90 cals
granny smith apple 72 cals
tablespn peanut btr 70 cals total 232

dinner
healthy choice 210 cals

water: a LOT

total for the day: 972 cals

looks like I have room for a snack :)

exercise:
Zumba
45 minutes weight training/calisthenics

Alisha

berryblondeboys
02-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Had a good night at the gym tonight. I upped my weights for everything on BodyPump and did all the power stuff in BodyStep. AND today I took a Walk (fast) to and from my son's school when I went volunteering And rode the super heavy bike to and from the school for school pick up. Almost 2 hours today!

Calories were a bit higher as I caved on a cupcake, but was still at 1700 for the day.

My ankles are seriously swollen though. 3.5 hours after taking off a pair of socks and the indents ad still there and that is after 1.5 hours of hard core exercise on my feet! Wonder how much water I'm holding? High sodium meals, it's been hotter outside and it's about ovulation time which is when I tend to gain the most weight in the monthly cycle. Maybe I'll get a nice whoosh soon. That would be nice! I would love to get back to where I was before the holidays hit!

Diana3271
02-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: We just got home! There was a traffic fiasco here today. A tractor trailer overturned and caused major traffic back ups everywhere! Crazy! I need to get ready for bed! We ate at a different type of restaurant tonight than we have been eating at. Normally we eat where I can order plain grilled protein and steamed veggies. Everything is prepared to order. Tonight we ate at a cafeteria. I tend to have issues with sodium with this restaurant. We were kinda limited to where we could go because of the traffic. Anyways, I have been very strict on my foods the last couple of weeks to make sure I don't consume any type of soy. I am trying my best to clear this thing up. I have been clearing up and getting better. As you can tell I have been losing some of the water weight. Anyways, I don't mind sodium (since it only takes a couple days to clear up), but I hope nothing had any type of soybean oil in it (an allergic reaction can take weeks to start clearing up). Got my fingers crossed that I don't have a reaction. I could see that there was some type of butter in the veggies, although it was not a lot. I also drained the veggies before I ate them.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
roast beef without any gravy 300 calories
Steamed cabbage 100 calories
Turnip Greens 100 calories
boiled okra 100 calories
fruit cup (grapes, strawberries, honeydew melon, cantaloupe) 100 Calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Recovery Upper Body w/#8's & #10's
Hardcore Kickbox Circuit w/weighted gloves & #5's

qtkitty
02-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Morning Weight 381.0 lost 5.8lbs in January ( I did not make the goal of 20 lbs a month .. But that was a high high end goal..I have to remember as long as I am loosing it is all good. )

Breakfast
Ontbijtkoek 280
Banana 150
Sub Total 430

Lunch
1/2Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini 250
Salad ( 2c Baby Spinach, 1c Micro Greens, 3Tbsp Roasted Red Peppers, Handful of Pearl Tomatoes, 1Tbsp Sun dried Tomato Spread, 1 Tbsp Newman’s Lite Balsamic) 92
Sub Total 342

Dinner
1 bowl Beef Veg Soup 430
1/4 Butternut Squash (guessing high @ 1 cups) 82
Sub Total 512

Snack
PB2 Peanut Butter 23
6 Teddy Graham 33
String Cheese W/ slice of roast beef wrapped around it (minus a big bite from dd) 80
Sub Total 145

Daily Total 1429

Water 48 I do not know why I am having such problems kick starting drinking water again. Grrrr… and its not as if I am not thirsty, but I get busy doing things and forget. I need to beat it back I my head. My ankles are back to being really swollen too. So who knows if its not drinking enough water. there are to many variables.

Exercise: Wii Fit Plus ( 30 min of free step, Boxing, and some other games ) 56 Minutes ( I didn’t recalculate the calories because mom was watching law and order as I did step *rme*)

Larry~ You escaped the pig pen!! That’s terrific. Food … at least I think is one of the most difficult addictions ( I have not been addicted to anything else, but I have seen others who have been). Foods always around. Most people do not see a food addiction as being anything but an excuse and that people who are over weight are just lazy people who do nothing but eat. Then there are those people who use food as a comforting tool to other people. Here I baked this eat it.. it will make you feel better. Or in the opposite direction people who think they know what’s best for you to loose weight and tell you about diets that are … well for me at least crazy. It is frustrating. I digress.. The important thing is that you caught yourself before you got any deeper in the trough.

I hope that the cortisone lasts a LONG time for you.

*lol* Reading your medical history there .. I took a quick look at your picture because it sounds very similar to my grandfather. This year in fact he had surgery on his second eye for cataracts. * whispers * But you have to much hair on the top of your head hehe

Mamakat~ No Panini for you… unless you can figure out a way to do it with something not carby so you do not get sick….. BUT you could have a piece of grilled chicken with some pesto on it and a little sprinkle of cheese and a salad on the side .. It would be like a deconstructed Panini.

For your pizza could you butter fly and pound out a piece of chicken ( cook it some) then top with sauce and toppings then bake until melty. At least it would hold all the melty goodness.

I got a pizza with no sauce .. I had the same pizza, but I dipped mine in sauce. My mom had hers plain and my daughter sort of dipped hers*lol*

Berry~ yeah that’s the one thing I didn’t like that it had sugar added. The taste is something like Jiff or some normal PB though. My dd actually requested the PB2 over the regular PB tonight. That tells me its good in my book *LOL*. I do not think she would mind if it was not sweetened though. I will have to look into the protein powder plus when I run low on the PB2.

Moondance~ hmmmmm.. While your leaning or making dinner could you crank up the tunes and shake your tushy… the kids may think your crazy, but hey its movement. It burns calories as good as a walk especially if your working some latin dance or belly dancing moves. Or you could do more traditional lunges or something.

Diana3271
02-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: I am doing month end bookkeeping, so things are busy for me. I might not be able to do much with personals for a couple of days. Have a great day!

Weigh In: 147 (TTOM)
Up: .8

mamakat
02-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I think this is the first time excited to go to a doctors. I'm so curious as to what's going on. I slept 5 hours yesterday and still woke up exhausted. DH is super glad I am going to the hematologist today. He chuckled when I told him the receptionist said I sounded unwell with a ''hello''.

Moondance I was trying to think of something you could do by the flyby kind of way. I like qtkitty's idea. I do that all the time. Except I don't cook :p I dance around my house a lot. I love music and it's always playing somewhere. But I'm known for being weird and in the mornings when waking up DD, she gets grumpy when I come down singing and dancing. She's not a morning person, so my cheerfulness bugs her. She can be mean :lol: I also do push offs from my kitchen sink when I'm waiting for the microwave. I try to last as long as whatever I'm heating, but sometimes that's impossible. Lunges are a great idea while doing kitchen stuff and squats. You will look silly, but kids eventually shrug it off as 'that's my mom' :) Little things count.

qtkitty a sandwich without the bread is just not a sandwich. My DH makes something like what you described. It's one of my favorite dishes at Uno's and for the life of me, I can't remember the name now. But it's chicken with broccoli and cheese in the middle (Chicken Spinocolli) then drizzled with pesto. I love pesto. As for pizza, that's really my family's thing. I just eat whatever I can when it comes to that. We get or he makes meat lovers with tons of veg. I just am not crazy about italian meats all mixed together. But like I said, he's the cook, I'm the eater :) The Wii you do, do you need space to do it in? I keep seeing you write how you did the Wii exercise, I'm just wondering how much room do you need. My dd lives in the living room and now Ben lives there too so there's barely no room, but I'd be curious to know if I could do it. I like bowling :D

Diana How are you feeling after this morning after the new restaurant? I hope all is well. I was a bit shocked you said you wiped or drained, not sure the term you used, the butter from the veg. That's a lot of butter. It's funny in this day and age the way some restaurants change how they cook and others seem to shrug it off. But this soy craze thing is so weird to me. My DH looked up whether or not Ben could eat cheese. The site said he could have a little bit and if at all possible make it soy based. He's a rat for crying out loud. Why would soy base be better, that's not a cheese they would just get their little hands on if they were fending for themselves. Well he won't get it here, he'll have to live with good old cheese. I hope you don't get any kind of reaction.

OK, I'm off to start my day with this crazy family. I wish the weather was nice so I could wear light clothes. I want the doctor to be impressed with my weight loss, but then he hasn't seen me in over 6 months, I'm sure he'll notice something. I'll check back later to let you all know how it went.

Have a wonderful and healthy day

Larry H
02-02-2012, 07:33 AM
mamakat A sandwich without the bread is just not the same?? A couple years back when I was following Atkins I used to ask restaurant waitresses for a grilled cheese with out the bread You are right. Without the bread it's just not the same. :rofl:

Well, you all were correct. A lot of my weight gain from that 18 day pig out that I went on was water retention. I am down 7 pounds from yesterday!:D

Lets see now, I gained 10 pounds during the 18 days and lost 7 pounds since yesterday. It would appear that my actual weight gain was 3 pounds and the rest was water weight?? :book2:

Could it be possible that I was that lucky??? :carrot:

Larry

mamakat
02-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Larry Mmm, grilled cheese sandwich. I've been craving that for two full months now. All I talk about is grilled cheese sandwiches. I'll have to ask around if it's possible without the bread :p Cheese alone never sounds good to me. Slap it on bread or a cracker and I think I'm at a party :p

Glad for the 7lbs loss. It sure does help the mind, doesn't it?

Italiannie
02-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi Everyone! I'm off and running today.

Had a great day on plan yesterday. Will repeat today. (Sounds like shampoo directions!)

Have a great day everyone. Will read your posts later.

berryblondeboys
02-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Morning all, scale is up AGAIN. I hate this time of the month! Grrr... but, oh well, that's the way it goes. I knew it was going to happen when I was in bed, after taking off a pair of socks 5 hours previously, after exercising 1.5 hours, after taking a long soak in the tub and the marks were still there. The marks from the athletic socks were there for over an hour too... and then I fell asleep.

going to try a new fitness class tonight, Ballroom Fitness Endurance. A friend said it's great, so I'll try.

Diana3271
02-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Diana How are you feeling after this morning after the new restaurant? I hope all is well. I was a bit shocked you said you wiped or drained, not sure the term you used, the butter from the veg. That's a lot of butter. It's funny in this day and age the way some restaurants change how they cook and others seem to shrug it off. But this soy craze thing is so weird to me. My DH looked up whether or not Ben could eat cheese. The site said he could have a little bit and if at all possible make it soy based. He's a rat for crying out loud. Why would soy base be better, that's not a cheese they would just get their little hands on if they were fending for themselves. Well he won't get it here, he'll have to live with good old cheese. I hope you don't get any kind of reaction.

Mamakat I hope everything goes OK with your appointment today. OOPS! I don't think I expressed myself well, after that traffic fiasco I went through. :lol: No, there wasn't that much butter stuff in there. It was mostly water/vegetable juice. I still drained as much of everything as I could, though. I have found that even if the veggies are "steamed" they still put something on them. That's why I have been sticking to places that cook to order rather than cafeteria style. I can request my foods to be cooked a certain way. Right now I am feeling OK. If I have a reaction, I won't notice it until later today/tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. My gain today could have been from sodium and/or TTOM, not necessarily from a reaction. I never thought it would come a day that I would be grateful for a sodium gain. Anything is better than an allergic reaction. :lol:

I have been thinking about things. I have always been a foodie. We plan our vacations around food, restaurants, eating events, etc. I totally LOVE food. Now, I am to the point that I am literally scared of food because of the effect it can have on me. I am truly wondering if this "food allergy" can be part of a bigger plan for me. (Hey I have to think about the positives about my situation ;) ) Of course I will always have to focus on my food choices and calories, but there is little room for error when it comes to eating off plan. I can still eat off plan but I have to make sure the foods are "safe" for me. I can't just go out and eat crazy for the fun of it for one day. I have to really plan to make sure I won't pay the price for weeks. I don't know if my explanation makes any sense. Bottom line is that it might keep me on track a little more than if I didn't have this allergy. I'm thinking the Lord is working on me with how I think about food. He knows I don't have enough sense to address this on my own. ;)

berryblondeboys
02-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Mamakat I hope everything goes OK with your appointment today. OOPS! I don't think I expressed myself well, after that traffic fiasco I went through. :lol: No, there wasn't that much butter stuff in there. It was mostly water/vegetable juice. I still drained as much of everything as I could, though. I have found that even if the veggies are "steamed" they still put something on them. That's why I have been sticking to places that cook to order rather than cafeteria style. I can request my foods to be cooked a certain way. Right now I am feeling OK. If I have a reaction, I won't notice it until later today/tonight or tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. My gain today could have been from sodium and/or TTOM, not necessarily from a reaction.

I have been thinking about things. I have always been a foodie. We plan our vacations around food, restaurants, eating events, etc. I totally LOVE food. Now, I am to the point that I am literally scared of food because of the effect it can have on me. I am truly wondering if this "food allergy" can be part of a bigger plan for me. (Hey I have to think about the positives about my situation ;) ) Of course I will always have to focus on my food choices and calories, but there is little room for error when it comes to eating off plan. I can still eat off plan but I have to make sure the foods are "safe" for me. I can't just go out and eat crazy for the fun of it for one day. I have to really plan to make sure I won't pay the price for weeks. I don't know if my explanation makes any sense. Bottom line is that it might keep me on track a little more than if I didn't have this allergy. I'm thinking the Lord is working on me with how I think about food. He knows I don't have enough sense to address this on my own. ;)

I would totally stop eating out except on special occasions and then research the heck out of it before going out. The risk would be too much for me to want to eat out, quite honestly.

I was just thinking about my husband's cousin's wife about this the other day. She is deathly allergic to tree nuts (not peanuts) and going out to eat for her is so scary. She does it, but has to be so cautious - even when eating at other people's homes and so on. That would be enough reason to like NEVER eat out at restaurants that even have nuts on the menu! And then, as you have discovered, you don't know what oils they use.

But that is me.... I would probably cook up a large batch of something at home for the meat/main part and chop up the veggies on a weekend day when I had time and then reheat and cook the veggies at home. You would have way more time on your hands too. Eating out takes a LOT of time - more time than cooking a similar meal at home.

I'm a foodie too - I LOVE food. I can't afford the calories or the $ to eat out, which is why I learned to cook it at home. Not everyone can learn to like it though, I understand that.

mamakat
02-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Good Afternoon,
GOOD NEWS my blood looks good. I have a great blood count and according to the sweet doctor my blood is much much bigger. OK, I have no idea what that meant, but he said that is the best he has ever seen it. So chalk one up to good eating and exercise because he was super duper pleased with me for changing my lifestyle. He walked in and smiled and said "you look, how can I say?" English isn't his first language and his culture isn't the kind that shares emotions or feelings, so I thought it was down right cutsy wootsy of him to say. "Good. I haven't seen you in awhile, you look good." He said he was happily surprised at the weight loss and pleased I am doing it with proper eating and exercise. Yay, me. I take that as a wonderful compliment because he's so sweet for saying such nice things...not sure about the bigger blood though :lol:

So if the fatigue gets worse or if I have trouble breathing, I'll go see another doctor. Endo or primary. Also I asked about the kidneys, he said chances are if it does get worse, we'll catch it in time to recover. I only have 26 more days to wait. Is counting down a little too weird? :p

Moondance
02-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Happy Thursday! :D

Gearing up for a predicted "big" snowstorm here. Sheesh...the weather/news folks want you to think its apocalyptic snow; "Gather the family, stock up on food & water, bring in the animals, don't drive on the roads...OMG it's going to SNOW!" Hello? It's Colorado! hehe When we can dig ourselves out, we're headed to the mountains for another ski weekend (without the teens this time) and Superbowl watching. Should be fun once we get there. Hope the house is still standing when we return! :lol:

Thank you all to the suggestions on moving more while doing my usual thing at home. I like the idea of lunging around the kitchen. Mine's big enough to do that...although I'm sure the dog will bark at me thinking I'm trying to play a game he doesn't understand. However, the kids already know I'm weird, so exercising while cooking will be no big thing for them.

Mamakat: Kansas is one of our border states, to the east. Interesting fact: a point in Kansas is the geographical middle of the lower 48 states. So glad you have bigger blood. What a relief! Count down if you want to. Who cares what others think!

Berry: "Ballroom Fitness Endurance"??? You'll have to explain the concept and tell us if you liked it. I can't imagine what you're doing...spinning around with a partner as fast as you can for as long as you can, meanwhile lifting weights with your arms?

Italiannie: You have a great day too!

Larry: Glad to see you back and working to a plan! You're doing great!

Diana: I can't imagine having to be so careful at a restaurant. It's hard enough finding the truly low cal thing on the menu, let alone being wary of hidden allergens. I hope you're able to enjoy your meal out! In my book, someone else cooking and cleaning up is always worth the time it takes.

LittleBrownBike and Alitorry: Hope you're having a great day!

Hi to anyone else I missed.
Hope you all have a great, OP day!

Saisha
02-02-2012, 12:57 PM
WOW! All of you are truly inspiring. I just started writing in this forum yesterday even though I've been lurking since November :)

I've just started in a simple way. I've been going to the gym a few times a week since last October and doing Zumba on and off but this week, I decided to make it a planned routine for every week. So from Monday, I started a Zumba 30-day challenge for myself - I am trying to make sure that I use my Zumba DVDs even if it's just for 20 minutes a day. And I'm trying to go to the gym 3 times a week (money going out of the pocket sure is a HUGE motivation :)).

Also, being Indian, it is SO hard to cut back on the carbs from rice. So I decided not to get over-ambitious. Instead of cutting rice out totally from my diet, I have just cut down the amount that I'm eating. I'm also making it a point to drink at least 2 litres of water each day. I've spent too much of my life with regrets due to my weight. Wish me luck :)

ilovemo
02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
^ Im Pakistani and I know how badly carbs are saturated in our diets. I just manage to eat daal without rice or any side veggie/meat poured over lettuce.. Idk it works for me. Carbs are my enemy though.. you possibly can lose weight eating less rice.

Planning for today everyone..

Breakfast- 2 kababs with sauce (350)

Snack- Cheese stick (90)

Lunch- egg salad.. quarter of a pound.. (from deli) (400) couple almonds (20)

Snack- Cheese stick (90)

Dinner- Grilled chicken pieces (250) coke zero 4 fl oz (0)

coffee- (100)

~1300

Saisha
02-02-2012, 01:19 PM
^ Im Pakistani and I know how badly carbs are saturated in our diets. I just manage to eat daal without rice or any side veggie/meat poured over lettuce.. Idk it works for me. Carbs are my enemy though.. you possibly can lose weight eating less rice.

I sure hope so! I'm sure that carbs are my enemy too - but man is it hard to drop that damn rice! :). For a start, I have dropped it from my dinners and have cut the amount down for lunch. You truly are strong! Daal over lettuce - I can only wish right now :)

ilovemo
02-02-2012, 01:28 PM
^ Well kinda eaten seperately.. just eat daal as a soup and a salad to fill me up a lil more.. but eating low carb on a desi diet isnt hard at all I promise! lol

JoJoP
02-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Mmmm just made coco meringue pecans! Calls for 3 cups of pecans and half a stick of butter, but I doubled the recipe. Just tested one and it was delicious, but it didn't trigger any cravings!! o_o

ItsMyTurn
02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I have been reading posts, but unfortunately, no time for personals still... hoping after Feb 10th, things should slow a bit though.

I am alive and kicking though, and know I am here cheering you all on.... you too Larry - had been forever since we saw ya!

alitorry
02-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Mmmm, you guys made me so hungry yesterday with all that talk about grilled cheese sandwiches!! Made one for my two year old and I had to have a bite. boy was that delish! Yes, I logged it in my calorie counter :)

So, today I woke up to a weight I have not seen in 5 years!! 204.2 YAY!

breakfast:
80 cal fiber cereal and almond milk (this cereal is soo good, if you haven't tried it)
Coffee and sugar free creamer

lunch:
Mcdonalds snack wrap with grilled chicken (250 cals)
and water

snack:
low fat tapioca pudding

no exercise today :( yet..

so far, so good today, praying for the scale to hurry to onederland, I seriously cant wait!

hope you all are having a great day!

Diana3271
02-02-2012, 08:42 PM
ETA: I found out that my lipstick also contained soybean oil. I noticed Sunday when I applied it that my lips started burning. I could have been a coincidence, but I didn't like it. (yes, call me paranoid) I called the customer service number of the makeup line that I use. The lady I spoke with confirmed that the lipstick contained soybean oil. She found a lip product in their line that does not contain any soy or a derivative. She spoke with the chemist and got back with me today. The one she suggested is good for me! :yay: I bought it today. It's nice to wear lipstick again. ;)

Qtkitty Congrats on the 5.8 pounds for January. Keep up the great work!

Larry Congrats on getting rid of some of that water weight! :carrot:

Italiannie :lol: on the shampoo commercial. It's kinda the way life is, you know. ;)

Berry We have an extremely busy lifestyle. Eating out is just part of that. It actually takes up less time and the cost (here) is comparable to cooking at home. I am having to really watch out for the allergens, though. I might change my mind if things get worse. ;) I don't mind cooking, at all. In fact, I am a very good cook, and even went to cooking school. :D I absolutely hate baking, which is probably a good thing. :D I guess things would be easier if I knew for a fact, without a doubt, what I am allergic to. I guess until I figure it out I will continue to moan and groan. :D Your class sounds interesting. You will have to tell us all about it.

Mamakat I'm glad your Dr appointment went well today.

Moondance Sending you good luck with that snow storm. I hope it doesn't cause you any problems. Today was 75* here. I can't believe how warm it was. It literally feels like spring.

Saisha Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Ilovemo Hi :wave:

JoJoP Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave: Enjoy those pecans.

Itsmyturn Hi :wave: Hang in there with your class!

Alitorry Congrats on a great weigh in! Keep up the great work.

Diana3271
02-02-2012, 08:46 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Shared Ribeye w/DH 500 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Xtreme Total Body w/#8's & #10's
#10 SD Recovery Core w/#8's

Larry H
02-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Today's food

Lunch

Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks Apple Cinnamon [13 pieces (1.1 oz)] 120 calories
DAngelo - White Sub Roll, for Small Sub [1/2 roll] 112 calories
Borden - Cheese, American, Fat Free [1 1/2 Slice] 45 calories
Beef rib, large end, lean+fat, prime, roasted, 1/8 fat [2 oz] 223 calories
Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average [2 Slices (1/4'' Thick)] 8 calories
Lettuce, green leaf, raw [1 Leaf Inner (0.2 oz)] 1 calories
Miracle Whip - Dressing, Light [1/2 Tbsp (0.6 oz)] 19 calories

Dinner

Meatloaf [1/8 of Recipe] 444 calories
Betty Crocker Potato Buds [2/3 cup prepared (0.8 oz)] 140 calories
Peas, green, frozen, boiled, drained, w/o salt [1/2 Cup (2.8 oz)] 74 calories

Total 1186 calories and 1672 mg sodium

Larry

mamakat
02-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Diana when I was diagnosed with Celiac's I found out that make up has gluten in it. OMG, it took me forever to buy one thing of gloss. I love gloss, but reading the ingredients can be a pain especially if the print is small and stickers are covering them. I'm glad they got back to you on the information, sometimes it can be a real pain. And just think it was right on the mouth. Glad you found a new lipstick.

I got close in calories today, thanks to BK. Took DD out for shopping, including the mall. Now I'm ready for bed. I hope everyone has a great night.

erinrenae80
02-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Good evening everyone! It has been a rough day. I have some personal issues going on that basically makes me want to curl up in a ball and hide from the world. I guess it is a combination of good and bad. I've been upset enough that I haven't been hungry. I watched The Chew this morning though. Did anyone see the breakfast/doughnut special? Holy smokes! So, when I went to get groceries, I did buy a six pack of doughnuts. My three kids will help disappear them. LOL! It was a very stressful afternoon so I had one. Just one. And I'm still under on my WW points for the day. I'll still count today as a success. Tomorrow will be better! :)

qtkitty
02-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Morning Weight 380.0 ( woke up with a temp this morning and felt like crap most of the day.. Which should not be possible since I just finished Antibiotics today.. Ended up with a headache in the afternoon.. Feel fine now though)

Breakfast
Banana 150
2 Tbsp Chocolate PB2 45
Sub Total 175

Lunch
Quiche ( Ham, Mozzarella and Veg) 404
Sub Total 404

Dinner
Manwich Bold (Hamburger and Kidney Beans) 354
Potato 250
Sour Cream 100
Raspberry Jell-O 80
Sub Total 784

Daily Total 1363

Water 60

Exercise: 1hr P90X Shoulders and Arms ( Yeah finally got them out ) 8lb Weights
Warm Up, Stretch, 42 Alternating Shoulder Press, 39 In & Out Bicep Curls, 38 Two Arm Triceps Kickbacks, 27 Deep Swimmer Press, 27 Full Supination Concentration Curls, 15 Chair Dips (to much weigh my arms give out before I feel a burn grr), 38 Upright Rows, 7 Static Arm Curls ( sets of 4), 25 Flip Twist Kickbacks, 26 Seated Shoulder Fly, 48 Crouching Cohen Curls, 29 Lying Down Triceps Extensions, 19 Straight Arm Shoulder Fly ( I count one front and one side as one set), 39 Congdon Curls, 30 L Side Tri Rise ( against wall ), 35 R Side Tri Rise ( against wall ), Cool Down

I got done with P90X just in time to take dd to the potty ( working on over night potty training).. OMG .. 50 lb kid was like 100lbs tonight *LOL* Right now I still feel pleasantly warm in my arms.

MamaKat~ It takes a good amount of space, but it all depends on the exercise your doing. The Hula you stand on the board and rotate your hips like your hulaing ( I don’t even know if that is a word *LOL*) then lean to the left or right to catch the hoops. You wouldn’t think it but after doing it for 3 minutes straight you do feel it. The step ( which I have seen things around to increase the step for the wii board which basically is a step with slight indentations for the sensor feet so it will not slide off. )you step up and down off the board and different versions have you step off just to the back of the board while others have you step off the side as well. The Boxing has you step off the front and back of the board and punch. Yoga has you do the warrior position with one food on the board and the rest of the position off the board. I think that the strength has you do pushups with either your hands or feet on the board. And of your uhhhhhhm.. A balance No No like me ( ear pressure and infections ect yeah no since of balance at all *LOL* or coordination for that matter) having hard chairs around where if you kilter off and wack one with your shins it hurts… So for some “games” it would be as long as your standing on the board and your arms can out stretch and you do not hit anything you would be okay. Other games if you can step off of al 4 sides comfortably ( which Is not a very large foot print ) and not hit anything with your arms out stretched in all 360 degrees then you are fine. There are some exercises that will take up slightly more space then that because your body would be stretched over a greater amount of space, but I think mostly it is in one direction. All in all though remember the fit program was designed for the Japanese space is limited compared to ours in the US ( but I think we clutter ours more with stuff) And also since you say your ds and dh live in there, you will need the tv… there are some games that you can flip to tv while playing and the remote will still play the audio from the game to keep you in track but you can watch your fav tv show. I told my mom the other day that if I could get on the treadmill( weight limit is 350 if my mom would allow me to use it she has been very “no touchy” to her stuff since I moved back in and has not relaxed in the more than 3 years I have been here) here that free run would me awesome because it would still encourage but I could walk or run instead of jogging in place and watch a tv show.

Wow Feels good when a doctor takes notice and says something…they see so many patients ( depending on the dr way or may not read the history in the chart) Yay!!!!

Saisha~ Could you change from white rice to brown rice? I guess this is a little nosey, but I thought I should ask are you vegetarian? I worked for an Indian family . They were devout in their religion and were vegetarian even though they had a child with allergies to some vegan protein sources. Which is why I ask. I was amazed by the use of spices though, who knew they could be good in pizza or lasagna.

ItsMyTurn~ I hope that even though things are busy its not to stressful *s* Have a good week!

Diana~ Soybean oil is a cheap product so it is used in a LOT if different applications not just in foods. That is just plain scary to find out you were allergic to your own lipstick!! I am allergic to cinnamon oil but I am not allergic to cinnamon sticks or powdered cinnamon. I bought lip gloss with it once. I had numbness in my lips and tongue and my throat felt like it was closing up. I washed it off quickly and after awhile I was fine, but definitely scary. I am glad you got it cleared up and were able to find lipstick that is clear of the soy.

Thank you.. I still would have liked to have seen more change but its going down that’s the most important part right.

Erinrenae80~ What’s the deal with doughnuts? *curious* something good or bad?

Oh and by the way .. Did anyone see CBS News where they are proposing regulation and taxation of sugar! (I saw it on tv but here is a link http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505269_162-57370220/regulate-tax-sugar-like-alcohol-tobacco/ ) I agree with the regulation and that there is way to much sugar in our packaged foods, but if it is taxed imagine how much our foods will go up in price. The companies will use it as an excuse just like they did Gas prices a few years ago. I have not seen prices go back down since then, so I do not think it’s a good idea.

Diana3271
02-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Good Morning! :wave: It's official! The weekend is here! :yay: I am so ready! :dance:

I won't have my usual do, nothing, downtime, weekend, though. I really like those. We stay really busy during the week. I am usually up at 6 AM. We usually get home between 8-9 PM, sometimes later, due to our work schedule. I try to be in bed by 10 PM so I have the energy to do it all over again the next day. ;) That makes for a really long day/week. That's why I love my do nothing weekends! This weekend we are taking a short trip. I found a hotel with an indoor pool. :swim: Hopefully that will be my exercise for the weekend! I love swimming.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Enjoy! :beach:

Weigh In: 146 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound

mamakat
02-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Dumb scale is on the rise again. Arrg. But I am not going to let it get me down.

Qtkitty wow, thanks for all the information, now I'm going to consider some things. Starting with this living room. We actually don't have TV and never is there two people watching the same thing. We have Netflix and if we want to watch something we just get it streamed to our personal computers. The TV down here is a free for all computer now (awesome flat screen, super huge that we bought right before we stopped watching TV). So watching TV during exercise isn't our problem. No, the problem is a King size round bed in the middle of the room. Our space is long and narrow, so there's just enough room to get by. Then of course, right next to said bed is our newest pet Ben, who takes up the entire coffee table. We really don't use this room as, like I said, none of spend time together as a group. I've been coming downstairs and sitting on my futon, doing laundry or writing, for therapy sake. Otherwise, I'd be in my room.

But I'm seriously thinking about putting on some Pandora today and rearranging this entire mess. Since it's my DD, I can't do it while home or she'll have a conniption for touching her things. But I'm thinking I can make this area more comfortable with moving things here and there. That could be today's exercise. We'll see. Then maybe if there's more room I can buy the attachments and some workouts.

ItsMyTurn I hope you have a great day. Are you getting any kind of exercise in? How is your DD, hope she is doing well.

erinrenae I'm curious about the doughnuts too. A special recommend you go out and buy them? Mmm, doughnuts sounds so good.

alitorry mmmm, grilled cheese :)

:wave: good morning everyone.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day

qtkitty
02-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Mamakat~ hmmm... could you put the round bed on its end til you were done with the wii then put it back? I wish I could hook my Wii to a monitor. I have a computer with a decient size flat screen monitor that I do not use.

I am feeling like crud again today, but good news 379.0 this morning on the scale!

erinrenae80
02-03-2012, 08:20 AM
I know this isn't going to be the least bit helpful, so skipping this post is perfectly acceptable!

qtkitty and mamakat~~About half the show was dedicated to doughnuts. They had the best doughnuts from around the country, a place in Chicago that made doughnuts the size of a dinner plate, and then a part about making your own. How could you not crave them after all of that?? Then, Daphne Oz made the comment that one regular sized doughnut has close to half the calories of a bagel with cream cheese. I looked it up and a 3 inch doughnut is 5.something or other WW points. Not great, but nice for a small treat.

LittleBrownBike
02-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Happy Friday everyone.

I was feeling very grumpy yesterday so was not really online. Do you ever just have to deal with someone that makes you so annoyed that its like if they even breath it upsets you? I'm so stressed and even though I have to deal with this person all the time and they aren't going away any time soon, sometimes it bothers me a lot more than others and for some reason this week I'm really on edge...

Yesterday I skipped breakfast and for lunch I had a "ginger thai bowl" from a local restaurant, it was about 1 1/2 cups white rice, some mixed veggies, asian slaw, grilled chicken and ginger dressing, I ate all the chicken and about 1/2 of the rice and veggies. For dinner I had a small rib eye steak with brocolli, grilled onions and mashed potatoes. After dinner I had some chips and salsa, only a little bit, less than 10 chips and barely any salsa. I had about 40 oz of water during the day and 4 oz of coke with dinner.

I am really happy that I have managed to cut down on coke and candy so much. I am still having the occasional candy bar but I think I have that down to 1 every two weeks or perhaps last week I had 2 and none this week etc... also small amounts of coke... I actually feel like I'm losing the taste for the coke already.. last night with dinner I opened a 12 oz can and barely drank it... Also, I have not gotten food from a fast food restaurant (mcdonalds, burger king, wendys, etc) in over 30 days!!! Thats huge for me because I used to eat McDonalds several times a week in my car on the way home from work.

I started doing the Couch to 5k program via iphone app. I did Week 1 Part 1 on Wednesday. If you aren't familiar with it, its a 9 week program where you do a comination of walking/running directed by the program... Week 1 part 1 was 28 1/2 minutes which went like this: 5 minute walk warm up, then alternating 1 minute run and 1 1/2 minute walk x 8 and then a 5 minute walk cool down. You do it every other day, so today I will do Week 1 Part 2. It was pretty difficult, by the last couple of runs I wasn't really running but more like lurching forward in a semi fast trot/walk lol... and by the end I was really wasted...

The battery died in my scale last night without warning, so now I'm a bit concerned on how accurate it has been reporting, ugh... It takes one of those large button cell type batteries which of course I don't have handy, so I will get one today on the way home so I can weigh in...

Well sorry for the long post, I hope everyone is doing really really well and sticking on plan and preparing for a great weekend.

berryblondeboys
02-03-2012, 08:29 AM
In a hurry out the door, but scale is heading down. Ovulation was early again this month. Like I want TTOM even more often? Geez. 25 day cycle last month and seems it will be again this month. Grrrr.... This growing older business is for the birds!

Down .4

Larry H
02-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Wow!! Another 6 pounds down today to 212. :D:D It is obviously mostly water weight but it is still fun to lose while watching the scale drop. :goodscale

Larry

berryblondeboys
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Larry, that is just disgusting! Sorry! I'm happy for you, but gee whiz, couldn't I have that luck?

I ate off OP for 17 days during the holidays. I pigged out with a small p and gained 14 pounds in 17 days. 9 of those pounds came off, then I started my mid cycle gain and so I'm STILL 4.6 pounds over where I was in mid-December. I've been eating OP and exercising 5 times a week for an hour each time (or more) and I'm STILL not dropping weight that quickly!

I'm happy for you though... it's giving you that needed kick in the butt to make you realize that you can do this!

berryblondeboys
02-03-2012, 09:08 AM
OK, so Dance Sport Endurance is like Zumba, but all ballroom dance moves instead of Latin Dance moves. (No partners).

It was good in the fact that it was much easier on the knees and not too bouncy for me and my bladder control issues, but... except for a couple songs, it's not high enough intensity for me. I wore my heart rate monitor and for two songs it got up there (a quick step and jive) but otherwise it hung out in my low aerobic zone.

Part of the problem is that a. I didn't know all the steps/moves so I didn't move as big as I would if I knew the routine. but b. is harder to control. People in class don't move as big as they should. The instructor is making big sweeping moves, big steps, and people in class are making small steps, so I will bump into people on either side of me if I move as big as she does. Maybe next time I'll go to the back of the room to move bigger - out of everyone's way.

It's a good routine/workout for a day after my big workout day though, so doing it once a week is probably a good thing. Here's a link to it. I think it's still only a DC area thing, but he's trying to expand it.

http://www.dancesportendurance.com/

mamakat
02-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Larry Yay, that's awesome on the water whoosh, doing great!

Berry glad to see scale is going down.

LittleBrownBike dropping soda and fast food is a great accomplishment...awesome job on 30 days. I once boycotted McD's (can't remember why now) for a whole year. It was a year, I didn't actually gain anything. Too bad I didn't add exercise and drop other fast foods. I can eat at the fast food as long as I don't eat buns or fries, but it's still rare.

erinrenae thanks for at least answering qtkitty and I. Sometimes killing the curiosity cat is very helpful :p So are you saying (or the show) that doughnuts are less calories than bagels...not that I can have either one, but that would be interesting to know.

qtkitty no I can't up end the bed as it comes in sections. And she has tons of junk on it, she's a hoarder (it runs in her dad's family, my son and DH have it too). If the pieces weren't connected I could moved the junk over and then move the pieces over, but that would be a pain too. And the Scots (DH and DD) would make a stink since I have a full gym in the house. I'm just bored, of course this is where DH would say "get a job" :lol:). I am gonna try to rearrange right now and hope it comes out ok, because that's a lot of junk to have to put back if it doesn't work. :) First I've got to find a place for Ben and Moby (the fish is now doing flips and jumping out of his tank. DD put a lid (sort of) on it and I noticed. I think he's upset there's a new pet in town :rofl: Oh, I almost posted without saying "Yay, you're back in the 370's. Also, I hope you feel better soon.

Diana is it a special weekend? AH, I love swimming too. I miss it. I hope you have a very fun time.

Moondance
02-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Wait a minute...you just glossed right over this little fact:

...the problem is a King size round bed in the middle of the room.

You've just added a whole new dimension to my image of you!:lol:

LittleBrownBike
02-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Mamakat - thanks, it feels pretty good, its kind of like that food that you know you shouldn't be eating because 1. its unhealthy, 2. its pretty gross if you actually let yourself think about whats in it etc.. plus it really adds up in the wallet if you step back and look at all the little charges over a period of time... so I'm definitely not going to say I won't have a burger or fries etc because I'm a burger and fries kind of gal... but definitely a LOT less often and NOT from a fast food place...

Berry - I'm SO uncoordinated, I'd like to try a dance fitness class but I'm humiliated just thinking about it... we have a wii at home so I was thinking bout getting Zumba or something like it for the wii but I'm never home alone and I feel like I'd want some private time to at least get started lol... the class you went to sounds fun. It sounds like a nice way to switch things up after a harder workout day. And congrats on your .4!

Larry - WOW super impressed... I didn't know you could even have that much water weight... it is very motivating to see that huge drop even if thats all it is...

LittleBrownBike
02-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Are you picturing red sheets and a disco ball over the bed? lol

berryblondeboys
02-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Wait a minute...you just glossed right over this little fact:

It's her daughter's king size round bed in the middle of the living room, right Mamakat?

Moondance
02-03-2012, 11:16 AM
LittleBrownBike: Yes! I'm living vicariously. :devil:

Berry: Don't tell me the truth...I'm thoroughly enjoying my little fantasy here! :lol: Got to do something fun while I watch it snow...and snow...and snow.

berryblondeboys
02-03-2012, 11:42 AM
LittleBrownBike: Yes! I'm living vicariously. :devil:

Berry: Don't tell me the truth...I'm thoroughly enjoying my little fantasy here! :lol: Got to do something fun while I watch it snow...and snow...and snow.

:lol: you made me laugh out loud, seriously! And I was thinking about you when I heard how hard it was snowing in your parts... You could send "some" our way. I think this might be a pretty snowless winter here... I'm not counting the 3 inches of snow followed by ice kids couldnt play with we got 2 weeks ago.... That was just yuck, not snow.

MustardFan
02-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm back!!!!

Finally- this feels good!

So for the past two days I've been conscious of what I put into my body and started working out again. It feels good to be mindful again and to say 'no' to foods.
Yesterday I had vegetarian food all day, was mindful of portions and resisted major temptations such as alcohol. Did 1h of working out.

Right now I am sitting in my workout clothes, ready to go again today! I'm going out with friends tonight and will not indulge in alcohol.

I'm glad I decided to reverse the damage before it was too late. I've set myself back a bit, but that happens...! The key is to get back on it again!

LittleBrownBike
02-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Welcome back MustardFan!

mamakat
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
OK, got a break. I am super sweaty. Yup, its that kind of bed and chances are if we got a disco ball for free (like we did the monster bed) then we'd have one (sad but true). This is not a traditional home to say the least. Ands yup, it has red sheets and black satin (I've said it before and I'll say it again, she is spoiled). I got her the bed for her 11th bday. I decorated everything in red, even rose petals (fake of course, I'm allergic to flowers). I just found at least 100 of those petals along with a mini beach under said bed.

Its sad to see all the things she's hoarded. I found empty prescription bottle (w/o labels) tons of trash, candy wrapppers from years ago. Tons of useless objects, all hidden away. I once asked why she couldn't throw it away, broke my heart. She said it made her sad and that it made her feel safe. My son said the same thing about his stuff. With him though, he hoards leftover food. I have to check his drawers regularly. Hoarding is so sad but it drives people like me crazy. I hate unnecessarry thing it causes me anxiety.

So I know when she gets home today there will be arguing, but I think I made enough room for the Wii. Gonna have to ask for the parts, but I can bowl now! OK, gotta go get the boy then straighten up some more :)

qtkitty
02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Erinrenae80~ Ahhhh … I can believe it since a Lender’s Cinnamon Raisin Bagel is 230 Cal and 1 oz of cream cheese is 100 Cal. I know a filled Bavarian Doughnut with Chocolate icing is 600 Calories. Sorry I do not know what WW points they are. I knew someone on weight watchers they never hit the points that they were supposed to. I had M&M’s one day and yeah gave her some for a few days. And she lost weight that week for the first time in a long time. Not saying it was the most healthy way to get to the points she had to have, but it worked.

LittleBrownBike~ Maybe It is my conspiracy theorist mind at work, but I swear that companies put in those watch batteries to make us spend more on batteries or give up and get a new one. My dd has a bunch of toys that take watch batteries over the more common AA batteries. It is frustrating.

Larry~ I agree with Berry you lucky lucky bum you … I would be happy with 6lbs a week … Super Congratulations

MamaKat~ I have wanted to get rid of the computer table and chair from my room and the jewelry cabinet, but yeah not allowed too *rme* However if those two were not in my room and I got a flat screen TV for my wall. I would have a TON more space in my room to do things then I do in the living room here.

If I got my room organized completely the way I wanted it. There would be a bed, a night stand and a lamp. My closet holds my clothes. And I have tubs of toys and things I have for Bdays and Holidays for my daughter. I live in the boonies so its grab it when you see it or else *LOL*. And a clothes hamper in the bath room.

Thank you I am glad to be there again … YAY .. Oh and by the way test the water and maybe do a 20% water change in the fish tank .. Could be he is stressed out and its causing him to try and get out of dodge. Congratulations on getting some order in the house.

Welcome back MustardFan

erinrenae80
02-03-2012, 02:17 PM
qtkitty~Maybe that's what's going on. I've pretty much stalled this week and last. I've been making sure to come in under on points. Maybe I'll try hitting my limit exactly.

LittleBrownBike
02-03-2012, 02:28 PM
qtkitty - i know, its a battery conspiracy!! I have something else that takes the exact same battery and I know for a fact the last time I went to buy them I got at least one extra and now I can't find it, lol... typical...

Good work Mamakat!

qtkitty
02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
erinrenae80~ You can always try it if it doesn't help then no harm no foul.. call it a test of a theory.. although it might be good to full fill the points with something a little healthy to get more nutrients although maybe not as much fun. *lol*

LittleBrownBike~ I spent $7 replacing a battery in a toy cell phone .. that probubly did not cost that much but I had a dd crying and upset asking about her little cell for days after it stopped working. I swear for a 3 year old she has a mind like a steel trap. GEEZE!!

ilovemo
02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi all ! :)

Breakfast- Coffee (100)

Lunch- grilled Chicken pieces (400)

Snack- Cheese stick (90)

Snack- Cupcake (uhh ohh a lil cheat ;-) after a 2 lb loss i gave myself 25 g of carbs shouldnt put a dent) (300)

Dinner- Grilled chicken pieces w.ketchup (400)

~1290 and IK im overestimating bur w/e

BuffJim
02-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone from Norway.

I finally saw an overweight person here in Norway - after 3 days. They don't seem to snack here. And beer is $10 a glass at the restaurants. So that's good for my efforts. But I have had some nice restaurant meals with desserts, too. Oslo is also a city where people walk a lot, but the streets are super icy and I have to be extra careful not to fall and re-injure my knee.

Larry H
02-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Also, being Indian, it is SO hard to cut back on the carbs from rice. So I decided not to get over-ambitious. Instead of cutting rice out totally from my diet, I have just cut down the amount that I'm eating.

Saisha Check out Miracle Rice made by the same company that makes Miracle Noodles. You can find it at this web site

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/p-3-miracle-rice.aspx#back

Nutrition Facts for Miracle rice
Serving Size: 3 oz
Servings Per Container: 2.3
Amount Per Serving
Calories 0Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g0%
Protein 0g0%
Protein <1g0%
Sugar 0g0%
Carbohydrate <1g - only fiber
Zero Net Carbs, Zero Calories, Zero Glycemic Index
Ingredients: Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.
No soy, gluten, or wheat!

I have not tried Miracle Rice yet but I love Miracle Noodles

Larry,

Larry H
02-03-2012, 06:49 PM
*** Meals Data for 2/3/2012 ***

Lunch

Fish fillet, battered or breaded, and fried [2 Fillet (6.4 oz)] 422 calories
Mashed potatoes, dehyd, prepared from flakes without milk, whole milk and butter added [1/2 Cup] 102 calories
Green beans, frozen, boiled [1/2 Cup] 14 calories

Dinner

Miracle Noodles Angel Hair Pasta [4 Servings (12 oz)] 0 calories
L. E. Roselli's Meatless Spaghetti Sauce Low Sodium [2 cups] 180 calories

Total 718 calories and 1456 mg sodium :D:carrot::D:yay:

Larry

Larry H
02-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Yay!! :cp:

I have finally managed to stop all evening snacking. Three days now without evening snacks. I found that this was a terrific binge trigger for me. When I started snacking it led to more and more progressing rapidly from healthy snacks to lots and lots of junk food. If I don't start with a healthy snack then I don't seem to get a craving for the junk food.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? :D:D

Larry

Diana3271
02-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Mamakat How was your day? I hope there wasn't too much drama with DD. We are going to the Great Outdoors Show, aka The Turkey Rama! :lol: DH says that you haven't lived until you've went to the Turkey Rama! (I think I will pass and go shopping ;)) How could I deny going out of town with my DH to the Turkey Rama? This is the same man that went with me to a proper Afternoon Tea at the Biltmore House during our Christmas vacation. :D Gotta love a man that will go with you to an Afternoon Tea. :love:

MustardFan Hi and Welcome back! :wave:

Ilovemo Hi :wave:

BuffJim Stay safe! Don't fall!

Larry Great job!

Berry Did you take a gym class today?

LittleBrownBike Sorry that you have to deal with that person. Great job on on cutting back on candy and soda.

Qtkitty Great job on your weigh in! Keep up the great work! You have been very consistent! Sorry to hear you are feeling bad again. Hang in there.

Diana3271
02-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Total Approx 1475 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (735 Calories)
Grilled Chicken Breast 400 Calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories
Lettuce 50 calories
Dark chocolate 85 calories

Exercise:
#10 SD Recovery Upper Body w/8's & 10's
1000 Jump Ropes
#10 SD Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing

qtkitty
02-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Morning Weight 379.0

Breakfast
Banana 150
2 Tbsp Chocolate PB2 45
Sub Total 195

Lunch
Slept through it

Dinner ( Just like to say this was over a few hours time *lol*)
2 Bold Manwich Pies 918
1 c. Natural Apple Sauce with 1 tsp Molasses, Cinnamon and Nutmeg 120
Mocha Milk Coffee (1.5c milk, 1c weak coffee, 1 scoop Big Train Mocha, 1 squirt French Vanilla Syrup) 309 ( shared a little w/ dd since there was hardly any coffee but no way to know how many calories she drank so taking the total amount into effect)
Sub Total 1347

Daily Total 1542

Water 60

Exercise: Wii Fit Plus : 38 mins for 358 Calories ( 30 min straight Free Step at the fastest pace plus sometimes going faster then the fastest pace 3018 steps registered while watching Gold Rush *LOL*Talk about guilt free tv watching )

I was craving sweet stuff tonight obviously tonight. I did better then I could have. Mom was going through the coupon inserts for restaurants. I was torn between Yum tell me more and shut up and cramming my fingers in my ears and singing as loud as I could. I know I know childish feelings * sighs*

Jim~ Do you have a knee brace you could wear while walking so you do not yank it on the ice?

Larry ~ that is wonderful that you found your trigger.. Now you know what direction to go. That has to feel nice.

Diana~ *lol* Consistent sounds like me… boring *LOL* I am told boring is a good thing because nothing bad exciting is happening.. But nothing good exciting happens either *lol*

MustardFan
02-04-2012, 05:32 AM
Was great all day....had steamed veggies and rice for dinner..

aaaaand then went out to party with friends. Alcohol units- unknown, after the third tequila shot.

Let's call yesterday a maintenance day :D. I seriously rarely drink too, so alcohol calories are never a problem.

Today, hitting bikram yoga, and mindfully eating nutritious food.

Diana3271
02-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Have a great weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1475 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 146.2
Up: .2

qtkitty Hey, I'm consistent (boring) right there with you, my friend. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

HERE'S NEXT WEEK'S THREAD. GETTING IT STARTED EARLY SINCE I'M NOT SURE WHAT TIME I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW! HAVE A GREAT ONE!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/252182-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-2-5-12-a.html

LittleBrownBike
02-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Woo! Did week 2 part 2 of couch to 5k - I did 1.7 miles in 29 minutes with a mix of walk/job... Afterwards I set up the wii fit... it has me as 196.5 lbs... my regular scale has a dead battery :(

Moondance
02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Happy Saturday! :D

Made it to the mountains. Kids are home shoveling snow. Am I good or what???? :p:dancer::rofl:

I'll be pretty busy next couple of days but will check in when I can. Planning ahead for superbowl snacks!

Have a great, OP day!

LittleBrownBike
02-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Happy Sunday everyone....

I cooked this chicken recipe for my husband tonight: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/mojito-chicken-recipe2/index.html
I did the dry rub portion and the marinade portion, I didn't do the glaze... then I cooked the chicken on the BBQ for about 45 minutes... He RAVED about it... I made it with red potatoes - boiled them until soft then gave them a quick sautee in some olive oil, minced garlic and fresh parsley... also with brocolli - steamed the the microwave then tossed them in the frying pan with the potatoes for a second just to give them a little flavor....