Ideal Protein Diet - exercise???!!!

View Full Version : exercise???!!!

legacy7
01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
HI! I know exercise is good-but my coach hasn't encouraged it-and I've seen posts saying maybe it's just better to focus on weight loss for now.

So, for those of you who are exercising: does it really increase your weight loss? I want to really maximize my losses each week-but I've kinda enjoyed the break from needing to exercise with all these changes.

DanafromAustin
01-28-2012, 08:16 PM
HI! I know exercise is good-but my coach hasn't encouraged it-and I've seen posts saying maybe it's just better to focus on weight loss for now.

So, for those of you who are exercising: does it really increase your weight loss? I want to really maximize my losses each week-but I've kinda enjoyed the break from needing to exercise with all these changes.

If anything it might slow down your weight loss on this particular diet. We are already on a low calorie diet and working out/burning calories may cause your body to hold on to what little it is already getting in calories. I was advised not to work out the first three weeks. After that if you decide to work out to it lightly and make sure you get an extra packet of protein during your exercise day. 1/2 the packet before and 1/2 after working out.

I have found just some light strength training to help tone up works for me. When I started doing cardio my weight loss was much slower.

Momto2cs
01-28-2012, 08:38 PM
I have had mixed results.

Last year I lost 22 pounds in 4 weeks with ip and exercising intensely 5-7 days a week.

In January I returned to phase 1 for 13 more pounds. I still work out pretty much every day.

My losses have been very slow this time.

Read the older exercise thread.

My advice is unless you are already a obsessive exerciser (which I admit I am) I would not start anything too strenuous while on phase 1.

If you can find something you enjoy, Pilates, yoga, even Zumba, start slowly and see how your body reacts.

AussieonIP
01-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I was a little surprised at this part of the diet, I was told not to do over strenuous exercise especially in the first few weeks when your body inst getting enough Carbs, I was advised not to do any exercise which is fine by me, I can see myself in week 8 or 9, getting back to the gym, and supplementing my weight loss with some exercise, but only when my body had adjusted to the lower calorie intake

SaraBean
01-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I was told the same thing about not exercising strenuously. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week. Since I started IP I have been going 2-3 times a week and have stopped most of the weight training. The first few weeks were really hard probably because of the reasons above (not enough carbs). But now that I am more adjusted to the diet it feels fine.

I have noticed that if I work out the day of my weigh-in my numbers aren't as high, but I think it is just because my body retains water....

:strong: