Ideal Protein Diet - Smoking?

View Full Version : Smoking?

normarubys
01-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Can you smoke on this diet?

I just started the ideal protein diet last on wed and have continued smoking. Everything seems to be going well. I haven't gotten a chance to speak w/my coach. I told her I was an occasional smoker, but this has peaked my curiousity now. I am not sure if it effects the diet in any way? I was expecting a terrible day 3 or 4, but have felt pretty good. I haven't really shown any of the symptoms yet, wondering if the smoking is effecting my body going into ketosis?

Any thought? They would be helpful. Thank you.

New Englander
01-28-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm not a smoker...but I don't recall it being a part of the questionnaire or orientation I had as a beginner so I don't think it will be a problem at all.

JellyMae87
01-28-2012, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't think it would mess with your losses. But since you are making a healthier you. That could always be the next thing to eliminate!!

wuv2bloved
01-28-2012, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't think it would mess with your losses. But since you are making a healthier you. That could always be the next thing to eliminate!!

LIKE!!!!!

normarubys
01-28-2012, 06:15 PM
I complete agree. It is also on my agenda. I concerned it was effecting my going into ketosis. I have the metally-salty taste in my mouth. I was expecting terrible breath, fatique as with the other thing some people experience. I just want to be off to a good start, which does include quitting smoking :)

wuv2bloved
01-28-2012, 06:20 PM
I complete agree. It is also on my agenda. I concerned it was effecting my going into ketosis. I have the metally-salty taste in my mouth. I was expecting terrible breath, fatique as with the other thing some people experience. I just want to be off to a good start, which does include quitting smoking :)

Sounds like you are in Ketosis :) you are on your way:hug:

New Englander
01-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Since I went on this program I've wanted to have a smoke here and there (to take the place of my wine and bad foods)...well, hubby didn't think that was such a smart idea so it got nicked...probably for the better but I think this would be a hard to time quite...be well and make the choice to quit when it works for you..you know smoking isn't a healthy choice... :) Be well!

frazzledmom04
01-28-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm a smoker.(I know...terrible nasty habit) but it hasn't affected my losses. I thought about quitting when I started and then the idea of quitting my bad food habits and smoking at the same time scared the *&^* outta me so I'm taking it 1 step at a time. I think now that I'm 4 months into the program that its a good time for me to give it a go though. If I can change my mentality to " I don't need to eat that" then I'm posirive the same will work for quitting smoking. Good luck!!

New Englander
01-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm a smoker.(I know...terrible nasty habit) but it hasn't affected my losses. I thought about quitting when I started and then the idea of quitting my bad food habits and smoking at the same time scared the *&^* outta me so I'm taking it 1 step at a time. I think now that I'm 4 months into the program that its a good time for me to give it a go though. If I can change my mentality to " I don't need to eat that" then I'm posirive the same will work for quitting smoking. Good luck!!
I was watching Dr. Phil and he made a good point about replacing a bad habit with another habit...so if you stop smoking replace it with something else otherwise it would be harder....maybe ppl do this automatically w/o even thinking about it but when he said it I was like "oh, that makes sense!"...:) Best wishes at your success when you choose to quit. :)