Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Saturday 1/28 - Sunday 1/29

wuv2bloved
01-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Since BACKDROPsilhouette shared her jars on yesterday's thread, I figured I'd share mine too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/pbnjenni_sandwich/Public/WeightlossjarsJan262012-1793-2.jpg

Hopefully that shows up okay. It's been a very long time since I've used my photobucket account and I've never linked a photo here before. Thanks to Wuv for posting the inspiration. It was an easy project and I'm looking forward to having something tangible to move the pounds around. Especially since I don't really see or feel a difference yet. This helps me to "see" a difference and keep motivated.

AussieonIP
01-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Morning all

Happy IP OP Saturday,

Day 3 for me and yesterday was a little like a train was smashing through my skull, had a massive headache which persisted for most of the day, ended up taking some Advil to clear it at 5pm, however 100% on plan with the diet and i am very happy with that! Never once thourght to get something OP with carbs!. I cheekily jumped on the scales this morning looks like in 2 days I've lots about 4.2 pounds!

So far loving this diet, and I'm not feeling hungry between meals and I'm looking forward to the food

Happy OP Weekend to all

Cheers/S...

Suzsh
01-28-2012, 08:05 AM
I am back! Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. For several weeks I ate everything I wanted and more.... I learned I did not feel good and felt sad that I was gaining weight. Well this week I went back on the program and feeling better and getting closer to my goal. It is all a learning experience. It is important to know that it is ok to make a mistake.... Can always regroup and start again.

ShanCo
01-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Good morning! I have a dinner I have to go to tonight, I WILL stay OP, not an option! Question, on my list of proteins it doesn't list Prime Rib as one? Does anyone know if Prime Rib is OK? I'm just worried it's maybe too fatty? Thanks!!!

EmilySebetka
01-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Its been a while...

I lost 1.6lbs on my WI, and no inches. But I'm not worried because I know its from TOM bloating and water retention. So I'm still good.

Yesterday, my mom, sister, and I went to Perkins so I made sure I was prepared for the restaurant. I didn't get what I had planned, but still stayed OP. I had an omelet with spinach, tomato, and mushroom in it. Approximately 2oz of meat, and steamed broccoli (no butter!) I also enjoyed a very lovely cup of coffee, with a lovely glass of water. All OP. YAY!

I also had a NSV, my sister ordered a double chocolate muffin. I looked at what was my fav muffin and felt nauseous. I'm very proud of myself!

ShanCo
01-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Its been a while...

I lost 1.6lbs on my WI, and no inches. But I'm not worried because I know its from TOM bloating and water retention. So I'm still good.

Yesterday, my mom, sister, and I went to Perkins so I made sure I was prepared for the restaurant. I didn't get what I had planned, but still stayed OP. I had an omelet with spinach, tomato, and mushroom in it. Approximately 2oz of meat, and steamed broccoli (no butter!) I also enjoyed a very lovely cup of coffee, with a lovely glass of water. All OP. YAY!

I also had a NSV, my sister ordered a double chocolate muffin. I looked at what was my fav muffin and felt nauseous. I'm very proud of myself!

Way to go Emily! Don't NSV's like that make you feel so much better than eating the muffin would have? It's such a mindset I find you just have to get "in the zone" ! LOL :)

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Good morning all ! i did it! 10 lbs down before punta cana.... one week left before departure... will see how much more my ol' body lets go. have a great OP day!!!

Ducksmy
01-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Morning Everyone!
Getting ready for my first WI. So nervous! Been really sick all week, but I stayed OP. So ready to see the scales and to feel better! If I haven't lost I will be crushed! Praying for good results to bolster my morale! Have a great day and will post my results! :eek:

starry1672
01-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Morning Everyone!
Getting ready for my first WI. So nervous! Been really sick all week, but I stayed OP. So ready to see the scales and to feel better! If I haven't lost I will be crushed! Praying for good results to bolster my morale! Have a great day and will post my results! :eek:

Good luck!

starry1672
01-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Starting week 3 today. I have never had this much energy before. I feel fantastic!

desperatetolosegirl
01-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Great Job LosingForGood2010! Keep up the good work. This is my week#4 and my weigh is on Tuesday. Hoping to lose 2 more lbs atleast!

W1 -6 W2 -4 W3 -2 W4 Tuesday!

shiipa
01-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Since BACKDROPsilhouette shared her jars on yesterday's thread, I figured I'd share mine too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/pbnjenni_sandwich/Public/WeightlossjarsJan262012-1793-2.jpg

Hopefully that shows up okay. It's been a very long time since I've used my photobucket account and I've never linked a photo here before. Thanks to Wuv for posting the inspiration. It was an easy project and I'm looking forward to having something tangible to move the pounds around. Especially since I don't really see or feel a difference yet. This helps me to "see" a difference and keep motivated.

I think that's a wonderful idea

shiipa
01-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Well, this is Day 6. I haven't had an official WI but I am down 7.5 pounds on my scale. I feel so much more energetic. I am still struggling to get in all the vegetables and I still have a rash (it's going down). Seeing the numbers drop so quickly is such a motivator. I hope I can keep the momentum.
I enjoy reading all your posts and have gained so much more insight already. Have a great Saturday!

1FineChick
01-28-2012, 10:10 AM
week 4 Weigh in -5lbs.

sandralosingweight
01-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Hello everybody,

3 perfect OP days for me, so the most difficult days have passed by :)

I have read about many people talking about having vivid dreams and I never understood it really up till last night when I dreamt that I cheated on my diet and I felt so bad physically I felt the bloating in my stomach, I felt I let down everyone who supported me on this site to whom I promised to be 100% OP, luckily I woke up to find out it was ONLY a dream :) Yay, I'm relieved

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 10:27 AM

Those are adorable!! I love them! What a great idea too!

Morning Everyone!

Good luck and let us know how your WI goes!

I have read about many people talking about having vivid dreams and I never understood it really up till last night when I dreamt that I cheated on my diet and I felt so bad physically I felt the bloating in my stomach, I felt I let down everyone who supported me on this site to whom I promised to be 100% OP, luckily I woke up to find out it was ONLY a dream :) Yay, I'm relieved

Congrats!! The first time I had one of those dreams it really freaked me out. I still wake up startled making sure it's just a dream. Thankfully mine stopped about a week ago.

Linden
01-28-2012, 10:32 AM
:DHello everybody,

:D :D :D :hug:

Lorilou
01-28-2012, 10:33 AM
I posted this in the Home of the 100% thread but wanted to share this here as well:
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling blessed today that I am on this program and fate led me here. Not to be too depressing but I was feeling desperate about my weight and that there was no way out as a 200 + lb loss seemed impossible. Even wished I would just die sometimes so it would all be over. I would never take my own life but wanted God to take it for me. Well, I was in a car accident in December which led me to my Chiropractors offices and found the program. Instead of God taking my life, he gave it back! I haven't expressed this to any of my family or friend because I don't want them to think I'm crazy or anything but feel I can express this here, in a safe place, because maybe some of you understand.

I am looking forward to a 100% OP weekend! Good luck to all the WIs today, and those of you attending events, plan ahead, keep a meal in your car, a bar or packet in your purse. Don't cheat, you are worth being faithful to yourself!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Good morning!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!! I'm heading out to a kids birthday party today. Thankfully it's 10-12 so I won't have to worry about eating there, I'll just have everything packed up in my car so it's ready when we get out.

I've also discovered a new way to make meatloaf and I don't think (even after IP) I'll go back. I didn't follow FinnSteven's recipe exactly, but I used the lean ground beef, TONS of spices, about 1/2 an egg white and 2 shredded zucchuni. My daughter ate it up along with the steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Plus after IP I can see adding other veggies (carrots / onions) to make it even tastier. It was delicious just like that though.

I found another box of clothes in my garage last night, and surprise of all surprises there are things in there that are already to big for me!! Mind you this was from before I got pregnant with my toddler. Once I go through it I'm going to bump the clothing exchange thread if anyone's interested.

Hope you have a great weekend!!!

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Lorilou - That's an amazing story, and look at your ticker, you've broken through the 200 barrier already!

salmongirl
01-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Good morning! I have a dinner I have to go to tonight, I WILL stay OP, not an option! Question, on my list of proteins it doesn't list Prime Rib as one? Does anyone know if Prime Rib is OK? I'm just worried it's maybe too fatty? Thanks!!!

I went to a dinner last night that served prime rib too! I stayed OP 100% by calling ahead to the restaurant and and asking them to make me chicken. They were very accommodating and I also requested steamed veggies. It worked out beautifully. If you were a vegetarian or not able to eat red meat you would have to ask for something different so being on a diet is also an acceptable reason to request what you need.

I had a blast at the dinner and no one seemed to notice I didn't consume all the food that they did.

So have fun and stay OP! You are worth it!

salmongirl
01-28-2012, 10:47 AM

Good morning all ! i did it! 10 lbs down before punta cana.... one week left before departure... will see how much more my ol' body lets go. have a great OP day!!!

Good job, you look fabulous!

salmongirl
01-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Starting week 3 today. I have never had this much energy before. I feel fantastic!

I know what you mean! I am starting my 3rd week and realized this morning that I am jumping out of bed ready to start my day. I haven't felt like that in a couple of years. :carrot:

doublebaby
01-28-2012, 10:49 AM
I posted this in the Home of the 100% thread but wanted to share this here as well:
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling blessed today that I am on this program and fate led me here. Not to be too depressing but I was feeling desperate about my weight and that there was no way out as a 200 + lb loss seemed impossible. Even wished I would just die sometimes so it would all be over. I would never take my own life but wanted God to take it for me. Well, I was in a car accident in December which led me to my Chiropractors offices and found the program. Instead of God taking my life, he gave it back! I haven't expressed this to any of my family or friend because I don't want them to think I'm crazy or anything but feel I can express this here, in a safe place, because maybe some of you understand.

I am looking forward to a 100% OP weekend! Good luck to all the WIs today, and those of you attending events, plan ahead, keep a meal in your car, a bar or packet in your purse. Don't cheat, you are worth being faithful to yourself!

Lorilou,
You are doing great. I believe things happen for a reason. Even if they seem so bad at the time, there could be something better right around the corner. Thank goodness you walked into an office that was using IP!! Best Wishes for your continued success and :hug:

salmongirl
01-28-2012, 11:01 AM

Wow, I am so glad you started your journey toward losing weight. Our society makes you feel that being fat is the worse thing you can do. In my experience most fat women are the ones that give of themselves the most, try to help others and then try to refuel emotionally through physically eating.
Society is right, we need to take care of our bodies and being heavy is a hugh health risk. But being overweight is not a sin nor does it mean that we have done anything wrong. Get healthy, loose the weight so you feel good again physically! Enjoy the journey because it is a long one for all of us. But know this, we are in this together and the rest of us do understand how it feels to be overweight. Sorry to ramble on, I just wanted you to know I got your back!

Bellamack
01-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Lorilou,

So very Happy for you, you stay on this board and you will see your dream come true. Wuv is such a good coach and everyone is so very supportive here, we have all had our struggles in life, including weight. Keep up the good work.

I have been OP for 4 days now and haven't lost anything yet, but definitely feel that I have no energy. I felt this way my first round with IP too, I wonder why so many get a surge of energy. hmmm. I never regained my energy until phase 3. Very Interesting.

OK went to see "One for the Money", because I am a BIG Janet Evonvich fan and love the series. It was OK, but the casting could have been better. I think Sandra Bullock would have made a better Stephanie than Kathryn Heigl. I think a "beefier", Morelli and a way more carasmatic Ranger. I did like the Lula & Debbie Reynolds was a good Grandma Mazur. All in All, just kinda cute.

Ok my hubby actually wants to go to the grocery store with me today, that hasn't happened in decades. I hope he doesn't think he is loading that cart with junk. Maybe he is sick of chicken, lettuce & veggies lol. Honestly, I made him macaroni salad this week with light sour cream & dill and I make him some whole grains too..

Everyone have a wonderful day, I can't believe that we are closing in on February, I hate to wish time away, but when you live where it is "cold" in the winter, February means you are on the downward slope! God Bless the Challenger crew and their families, it was 25 years ago today, doesn't seem that long ago.

Ducksmy
01-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Ok guys first WI - 8 lbs!!!! yee haww! so excited

vocaleer
01-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Good Morning All!

Yesterday was WI#2 for me and I lost 3 more pounds! Before I was weighed, my couch told me my face was getting thinner. I always show there first, gaining or losing. I told my husband what she said. He looked me over and said, "Yep, your flappers are gone". I said "What?!" and he said, motioning to his chin - "You know those things - jowls." Ain't love grand?

MaMaZu
01-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Posted this over at 100% too, but thought I' post here too.

My third weigh-in yesterday and surprised and discouraged. I have been 100% OP, and after a 15 lb. loss in 2 weeks, my daughters scale showed a gain of 3.3. Granted, I am currently out of town using a different scale but never expected to see what I saw last night.
I will be getting home next Friday(my weigh-in day), so I will get a truer reading then, but still, that gain was very hard to see.
I have been looking at others 2nd and 3rd week and see small numbers, so Iwill take this in stride, chin up!
Thanks for everyone's support!

idealpromom
01-28-2012, 11:36 AM
I am back! Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. For several weeks I ate everything I wanted and more.... I learned I did not feel good and felt sad that I was gaining weight. Well this week I went back on the program and feeling better and getting closer to my goal. It is all a learning experience. It is important to know that it is ok to make a mistake.... Can always regroup and start again.

welcome back !!!
we all make mistakes one way or another, the key is to forgive and forget and move on ~

idealpromom
01-28-2012, 11:47 AM
just wanted to say congratulations to all the WIs today, whether it be .2 lb or 8lb.
Keep up the great work!

So now it is the weekend and they are tough for me.... especially if I don't do alot... so I am thinking of cleaning my basement.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Survalia
01-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I went to a dinner last night that served prime rib too! I stayed OP 100% by calling ahead to the restaurant and and asking them to make me chicken. They were very accommodating and I also requested steamed veggies. It worked out beautifully. If you were a vegetarian or not able to eat red meat you would have to ask for something different so being on a diet is also an acceptable reason to request what you need.

I had a blast at the dinner and no one seemed to notice I didn't consume all the food that they did.

I personally do not think that prime rib is totally off limits. Pork cutlets are on the list, and they can be rather fatty. If it were me, I would go for it and enjoy myself. I eat enough chicken at home! If you are worried, have a smaller piece, cut off all visible fat and maybe skip your olive oil for the day and/or don't have a restricted. I think it is one of those once-in-a-while things that will not de-rail you as long as you don't do it all the time. (Of course, I am the rebel of the bunch! :devil:) In the end, do what is right for YOU.

Momto2cs
01-28-2012, 12:03 PM
I agree. I think prime rib one night should be fine. Most recent information shows fat is beneficial. But skip the gravy!!!

Momto2cs
01-28-2012, 12:09 PM
I make the blueberry muffins using the recipe for pudding cakes

Beat 2 egg whites until foamy. Add 2 oz water, 1/2 pkg Splenda, a shake of cinnamon. Beat until mixed. Fold in 1/2 tsp baking powder and a blueberry pudding packet (dry). Spray 3 muffin tins with Pam and fill with batter. Cook at 350 F for 15 mins.

I love them. They do puff up and then fall, but they completely satisfy my craving for chewable food!!!

ShanCo
01-28-2012, 12:15 PM
OK, thanks everyone. I think I'm just nervous too because this will be the first time I have eaten something that I haven't prepared myself. Unfortunately we aren't going to a restaurant where I can ask for special preparation on the veggies, it is just a big prime rib feed so my guess is the veggies will be slathered with butter :( I think I'll play it safe and just eat before I go and use the event as purely a social event and enjoy talking with people.

DanafromAustin
01-28-2012, 12:16 PM

I can so relate to your post. I do think things happen for a reason, even bad things. 1 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer and when I went to meet my oncologist for the first time she told me about Ideal Protein. I had never heard of it before. I'm totally cured of cancer and now close to 60 pounds of my weight gone. It took me another year after her first telling me of the plan to actually do it, but I eventually got it together and called my clinic last September for my first meeting. I hate to think I had to get cancer to find Ideal Protein, but bottom line is if I hadn't then I would have never heard of the diet.

LaLibE
01-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Hello everybody,

WoooooWooooo Sandra, I am with you girl!!! When do you weigh in?? I am so excited to hear about your next loss!!!

DanafromAustin
01-28-2012, 12:23 PM
OK, thanks everyone. I think I'm just nervous too because this will be the first time I have eaten something that I haven't prepared myself. Unfortunately we aren't going to a restaurant where I can ask for special preparation on the veggies, it is just a big prime rib feed so my guess is the veggies will be slathered with butter :( I think I'll play it safe and just eat before I go and use the event as purely a social event and enjoy talking with people.

Last night my husband and I met another couple for dinner. The three of them all had a glass of wine, enjoyed the bread in the bread basket and ate some wonderful looking salads and entrees. I just drank a glass of water and ordered a fillet mignon and some steamed asparagus. I was totally fine because more important than the food was the good company. And my staying faithful to the plan paid off as I had a whoosh on the scale and dropped two pounds overnight. That has never happened to me except for maybe the first week on the diet. Bottom line is good things come to those of who wait. So enjoy the company, the food really isn't that important.

patns
01-28-2012, 12:32 PM

I had been keeping my protein choices to ultralow fat and my losses are very slow. I noticed lately I had a loss after the occassional meal my hubby makes on the BBQ, steak and pork chops. I realized your body needs a bit of fat once in awhile to lose weight. Maybe you could give it a shot. But that said I don't really like prime rib, I find it too fatty.

Pat

glomor
01-28-2012, 12:48 PM

Lorilou, I can sure relate to the feeling of desperation. I've watched my weight go up and up, and didn't seem to have any hope of dealing with it. The diets I had previously tried worked up to a point but then I would gain all the weight back plus more. My husband is diabetic and as I watched him deal with all the health issues it caused, and watched my own blood sugar rise, I felt like it was pretty hopeless. I knew people who had used the surgical solution to losing weight, but at my age I didn't feel it was an option.

Then by chance, through a family connection, I met a very attractive woman who was in a charity dance competition. I was surprised to find that she had lost 100 pounds on IP and I had to know more. I was a bit skeptical at first that it would be a wise choice, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that, for all of the drawbacks I perceived, I would definitely be eating more healthy food than I had been. At this stage of the game, I see IP as my "medicine" for diabetes, heart disease, etc. If I had some other life threatening, food-related illness, I would certainly have to adjust my diet accordingly, and I did feel that if I didn't do something soon, my life, or at least my quality of life would be threatened.

Hooray for us for recognizing the opportunity/lifeline and grabbing ahold! :carrot:

Shemsham
01-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Going to be a busy weekend. Out of town basketball tournament all weekend so we are staying in a hotel and eating dinner out, daughters birthday tomorrow so we will be bringing cupcakes with us as well as lots and lots of snacks. I have my stuff all packed along side the snacks and lunch stuff - and mine takes up much less room LOL!

I also went and got a new digital food scale because I want there to be no doubts after this last weigh-in (my old scale was the cheap white spring one that had been dropped numerous times) I found out that my scale was off 4 ozs. :chin: hmmm.... Wonder why my losses dropped off so much - I was eating about 50% more protein then I was supposed to :nono:

So this week I'm expecting to get back in the loss groove - taking the ba'zillion vitamins, eating my veggies, and weighing my protein on my fancy accurate scale :carrot:

Eck
01-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Last night my husband and I met another couple for dinner. The three of them all had a glass of wine, enjoyed the bread in the bread basket and ate some wonderful looking salads and entrees. I just drank a glass of water and ordered a fillet mignon and some steamed asparagus. I was totally fine because more important than the food was the good company. And my staying faithful to the plan paid off as I had a whoosh on the scale and dropped two pounds overnight. That has never happened to me except for maybe the first week on the diet. Bottom line is good things come to those of who wait. So enjoy the company, the food really isn't that important.

Awesome, I am feeling better about my dinner out tonight. I will stay OP!
It's that glass of wine I miss...

glomor
01-28-2012, 12:53 PM
I've also discovered a new way to make meatloaf and I don't think (even after IP) I'll go back. I didn't follow FinnSteven's recipe exactly, but I used the lean ground beef, TONS of spices, about 1/2 an egg white and 2 shredded zucchuni. My daughter ate it up along with the steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Plus after IP I can see adding other veggies (carrots / onions) to make it even tastier. It was delicious just like that though.

Thank you for this recipe. It sounds pretty easy and delicious. I don't like to cook so I am always looking for something simple.

Pamelama
01-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Yesterday I "rewarded" myself for losing 25 pounds with a lovely full body massage! :carrot: This parts even better.....it was only $15!!!!!! :D. I've paid mucho $$$ for massages before, this was probably the most thorough massage I've ever had. The only downfall is that I had to drive myself home! I was seriously in a massage haze :dizzy: I'm planning on doing this every 10 pounds, although I could afford every 5 pounds at those prices!

Last night had a nice evening with my daughter. I ate roasted chicken & bell pepper strips while she has gluten fee pizza. Then we watched The Help. Enjoyed that movie. Off to my knitting group! Have a great day!

chod45
01-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Weigh in this morning...down another 4...12 weeks...total 44 pounds...yahoo

thank you to everyone on this message thread for being such great motivation and providing wonderful ideas regarding how to stay focused, great receipe ideas and just general all around encouragement to everyone. You are a great group of women and men.

I am off to Vegas for 5 days. Yah Babe. FUN FUN FUN in the sun. Got all my food packed and plan on staying 100% on program.

Good luck to everyone that has a weigh in this weekend.

Pamelama
01-28-2012, 01:09 PM

Thanks for sharing that! So glad you're here too and I DO understand. I came thisclose to subjecting myself to lap band surgery and the health problems that come with it when I heard about the program from a new doctor I was seeing. God/life works mysteriously doesn't it? So grateful for this new chance to be healthy and happy!
:hug::hug::hug:

Pamelama
01-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Weigh in this morning...down another 4...12 weeks...total 44 pounds...yahoo

thank you to everyone on this message thread for being such great motivation and providing wonderful ideas regarding how to stay focused, great receipe ideas and just general all around encouragement to everyone. You are a great group of women and men.

I am off to Vegas for 5 days. Yah Babe. FUN FUN FUN in the sun. Got all my food packed and plan on staying 100% on program.

Good luck to everyone that has a weigh in this weekend.

Congrats on your weight loss! :carrot:

Have fun and say hi to my money while you're in Vegas! ;)

Lorilou
01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. It means more than I can express in words. :hug::hug::hug:

Yesterday I "rewarded" myself for losing 25 pounds with a lovely full body massage! :carrot: This parts even better.....it was only $15!!!!!! :D. I've paid mucho $$$ for massages before, this was probably the most thorough massage I've ever had. The only downfall is that I had to drive myself home! I was seriously in a massage haze :dizzy: I'm planning on doing this every 10 pounds, although I could afford every 5 pounds at those prices!

Last night had a nice evening with my daughter. I ate roasted chicken & bell pepper strips while she has gluten fee pizza. Then we watched The Help. Enjoyed that movie. Off to my knitting group! Have a great day!

Nice reward! Keep up the good work!

You are so right! Dinner with friends is more about the being with friend than the eating. Congrats on staying OP!

I can so relate to your post. I do think things happen for a reason, even bad things. 1 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer and when I went to meet my oncologist for the first time she told me about Ideal Protein. I had never heard of it before. I'm totally cured of cancer and now close to 60 pounds of my weight gone. It took me another year after her first telling me of the plan to actually do it, but I eventually got it together and called my clinic last September for my first meeting. I hate to think I had to get cancer to find Ideal Protein, but bottom line is if I hadn't then I would have never heard of the diet.

I'm so glad to hear you are cancer free, that is truly a blessing! And 60lbs gone..WOW, that is great! I hope to be there soon too, hopefully by mid April. Thank you for the kind words.

100poundfreeway
01-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Hello I'm new, trying to figure out how all this works as far as the threads and what not. I'm looking for an answer to my questions hope someone can help me....

My head is killing me is it okay to take something for a headache while on the IP plan? I don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to but taking Aleve on a some what empty stomach seems like something I shoudl question. Thank for the help, can't wait to get more aquainted on the sight :)

amyjo77
01-28-2012, 01:40 PM
I have been hanging around in the rafters on this site for a few weeks now, and have learned so much from all of you!! Truly an inspiration to see others successes with this diet! I'm 34 years old and have 3 growing boys and a growing husband!! :)

My mom started on IP back in July and has lost almost 80 lbs, she not only looks amazing, but her blood work, BP etc, is perfect! She inspired me to give it a try. And I must say I am truly amazed at myself!

I started on January 6, and as of today have lost 21 lbs. And I'm not finding it too difficult to stay away from the stuff I shouldn't eat. I am using alternative products and everything is going great!

Thanks to each and every one of you for the information you share, I really enjoy this forum!! Happy weekend!!

keppie2012
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Hello all!
I have been on IP for almost 4 weeks and have lost 13 lbs - definitely seeing results, but had my hardest week ever this week - I am thinking because TOM is here. Does anyone else struggle during TOM? I have been doing SO good on the diet, and hate that I am having struggles now. Felt the urge to cheat, but didn't (instead ate an extra IP bar - figured that was better than the alternative!). Feeling bloated and depressed - I am sure it all related.

Anyway - just thought I would ask - hope everyone is having a great day!

idealpromom
01-28-2012, 01:45 PM

Beat 2 egg whites until foamy. Add 2 oz water, 1/2 pkg Splenda, a shake of cinnamon. Beat until mixed. Fold in 1/2 tsp baking powder and a blueberry pudding packet (dry). Spray 3 muffin tins with Pam and fill with batter. Cook at 350 F for 15 mins.

I love them. They do puff up and then fall, but they completely satisfy my craving for chewable food!!!

***************** thank you ************************

purple sky
01-28-2012, 02:03 PM

Love these. So cute. Especially love that you made the Pounds Lost jar curvier. You and BACKDROPsilhouette have inspired me.

But, I think I will need a shot glass for my pounds lost jar. LOL!
Or, a juice glass.

AussieonIP
01-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Hello I'm new, trying to figure out how all this works as far as the threads and what not. I'm looking for an answer to my questions hope someone can help me....

My head is killing me is it okay to take something for a headache while on the IP plan? I don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to but taking Aleve on a some what empty stomach seems like something I shoudl question. Thank for the help, can't wait to get more aquainted on the sight :)

Hey, this was me yesterday, and I asked the same question as you, whether Advil was ok to take on IP, the answer is yes, but I would always have it with you meal as ibuprofen is not good on a empty stomach, not a doctor, but check the directions on the pack :)

How you feel better soon, stick it out it wil only last a few days!

Cheers/S...

shiipa
01-28-2012, 02:14 PM

Congratulations :bravo:

100poundfreeway
01-28-2012, 02:14 PM

This is great thank you I'm going to go make my jars right now! Great tip, this will help me so much, I'm a person who also needs to "see" a difference!!

100poundfreeway
01-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey, this was me yesterday, and I asked the same question as you, whether Advil was ok to take on IP, the answer is yes, but I would always have it with you meal as ibuprofen is not good on a empty stomach, not a doctor, but check the directions on the pack :)

How you feel better soon, stick it out it wil only last a few days!

Cheers/S...

Oh Thank you thank you!! This is good news! :cp::cp:

New Englander
01-28-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm starting to put on some of my skinnier jeans that I haven't worn for years...the pair I have on today were slipping off me and my husband told me I had a plumber butt! I said great and kept them that way!!! It was the best compliment I've had in a while!!! LOL!!! :)

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-28-2012, 02:31 PM
I stayed OP 100% by calling ahead to the restaurant and and asking them to make me chicken.

This is a great idea. Great way to handle what could be an awkward situation. I've avoided restaurants because I don't like the idea of being 'that person'. Big reason I've never dieted before now is because I never liked the idea of being someone obsessed with food. I really don't like the idea of being in a restaurant and having to explain the way my food has to be prepared. I know if I want to go out with friends and family again I'll have to get over this weird avoidance, so I'll get there.

purple sky
01-28-2012, 02:40 PM

Suzsh, yayyy to you. Honestly, I don't think it matters whether or not you do this in 1 swoop or start and stop (though going in and out of ketosis is not good for you) or stop and return because you really want it this time. Like you said you can always regroup and start again. None of us put this weight on overnight. So, it is going to take time to get it off and keep it off.

Its been a while...

That is awesome. I was watching Once Upon a Time shortly after I started this diet and there was a Hansel and Gretel scene so there was nothing but cupcakes and candy everywhere. I told myself it tastes like fat or lard, possibly a sweetened version. It helped me to be sorta disgusted by it and helped me to watch and enjoy the scene. I do the same thing whenever around food. Foods used to trigger a craving response in me now it doesn't as much. I know it won't feel good or taste good to me anymore. I used to like butter on my toast but if I imagine a whole tablespoon of butter, all of a sudden frosting loses its appeal

I have done health diets before and once you lose the taste or craving, items you used to eat don't taste good and often give you headaches quickly. You find yourself longing for some light vegetable or fruit or something nutritionally dense because that just feels better.

I am going to take your lead. I would have never thought about ordering an omelet. Brilliant. I find that restaurants are more accomodating now. Plus, it's nice to have someone else do the cooking, shopping and dishes.

I also went and got a new digital food scale because I want there to be no doubts after this last weigh-in (my old scale was the cheap white spring one that had been dropped numerous times) I found out that my scale was off 4 ozs. :chin: hmmm.... Wonder why my losses dropped off so much - I was eating about 50% more protein then I was supposed to :nono:

So this week I'm expecting to get back in the loss groove - taking the ba'zillion vitamins, eating my veggies, and weighing my protein on my fancy accurate scale :carrot:

Oh that is too funny about the scale. Week 1 I did not know about weighing veggies raw and for some reason I thought I had to have 8 oz of meat. I was like what kind of diet is this, it's too much food. Enjoy your OP and fun weekend.

New Englander
01-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Love these. So cute. Especially love that you made the Pounds Lost jar curvier. You and BACKDROPsilhouette have inspired me.

Or, a juice glass.
Cute idea!!! I'm stealing it too!!! Nice visual!!! WOO HOO!!!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-28-2012, 02:48 PM

Or, a juice glass.

I wondered if anyone would notice the tall skinny is my 'after' jar and the short fat one is my 'before'. I've got the glass beads representing half pounds and then in the bottom. you can't see them yet, are two sizes of plastic diamonds. They represent my last 25 pounds. Little ones that are half pounds and 10 bg one for my final 10 pounds on IP! I can't wait until I can get them low enough to see the diamonds in there and the diamonds in me.

hmt1372
01-28-2012, 02:50 PM

I couldn't agree more about having "chewable" food! My husband got creative this week and made lemon "muffins", chocolate "muffins", waffles made from the pudding with chocolate ice cream made from the drink mix. This morning he made the crispy cereal pancakes and they tasted like real, regular pancakes. He's in the kitchen right now making "fried" eggplant with the salt and vinegar crisps...can't wait to see how they turn out! =) I think he's following Finn Steve's recipes and let me tell you, they have all been very, very good. It's nice to have something to chew and I thought the chocolate muffins tasted like pumpernickel bread in a way....yum! It just goes to show that with a little creativity, time and effort, you can transform the packages, I like them how they are, but boy it's nice to have variety.

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 02:57 PM

Advil is fine, but try this first. Put about 1/2 tsp sea salt on your hand, lick it off and drink a glass of water. Your headache will be gone in about 20 minutes. (But in case it isn't, yes Tylenol or Advil are okay, I live on Advil during TOM).

New Englander
01-28-2012, 03:22 PM
For the two jars...what if you put a large bill (whatever your large is)...$20/$50/$100 in the bottom of the pounds to lose jar and when you lose all the pounds you get the money..or put a note to yourself for a reward. (i.e. I'm rewarding myself with a mani/pedi and will not feel guilty! (I feel guilty because this is something I can do at home and save money...but getting it done professionally is so nice.)

Erinv
01-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Hi, my name is Erin. I am 41 with 3 children. My oldest son is 18, my other son is 7 and the baby girl is 5. I have been lurking around for a few weeks now. I was mostly reading posts from 2008/2009. It took me forever to find you guys..lol! I have been on IP for 4 weeks on Monday. I started Jan 3rd. I think I have tried about every diet out there. I was able to keep my weight off with different diets up until my 3rd child, and there wasn't anything that was taking this weight off. I couldn't stick to anything longer than 2 weeks and my weight just kept creeping up and up.
I am so glad to have found ya'll! Look forward to getting to know all of you and most of all have company and support through this journey!

wuv2bloved
01-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I haven't read all of the threads yet I am getting a late start today but wanted to share with y'all my experience last night....

Hello everyone, lost of good post going on this morning or should I say today. I wanted to share with y'all that I went out last night. Its the first time I have gone "out" to a bar/sports bar and grill with a gf of mine. I was VERY comfortable last night AND ....I WAS NOT THE BIGGEST GIRL THERE!!!!......THAT made my smile even bigger than it already is. I was the DD cuz I knew I wasn't going to drink. Her uncle was in town and he is a BIG man, she told him about my success, she needs to be on it but ALWAYS has excuses. I am smaller than she is and she HATES that but makes me feel good because she always thought she was better than me. She has NO self esteem at all, I try to boost her up but she doesn't like herself at all so that makes it difficult. When we got to the bar there was a band playing so we found a spot to sit, her uncle ordered fried chicken tender basket with fries for "us" to eat. Well y'all know me I ain't eating it right? I had eaten before we went and put gum in my mouth. The food gets to the table and he puts some honey mustard on a chicken tender and puts in toward my mouth, says c'mon just one bite, I looked at him and I said no I am fine, I don't want any....he puts it closer and says open up just ONE bit....I looked at him and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY, thank you.....he put it in his mouth....Inside of me I have the biggest smile because I know I can handle ANYTHING....So today when I stepped on my Wii it showed I loss 3.4lbs.....gotta love it!

purple sky
01-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I wondered if anyone would notice the tall skinny is my 'after' jar and the short fat one is my 'before'. I've got the glass beads representing half pounds and then in the bottom. you can't see them yet, are two sizes of plastic diamonds. They represent my last 25 pounds. Little ones that are half pounds and 10 bg one for my final 10 pounds on IP! I can't wait until I can get them low enough to see the diamonds in there and the diamonds in me.

I definitely noticed the "rounder" one and the one with the slender waistline. Love that. I need to head to Micheals. I just found some of my glass beads so I am psyched. It's going to be so much fun when you get to your diamonds.

New Englander
01-28-2012, 03:52 PM
I haven't read all of the threads yet I am getting a late start today but wanted to share with y'all my experience last night....

Hello everyone, lost of good post going on this morning or should I say today. I wanted to share with y'all that I went out last night. Its the first time I have gone "out" to a bar/sports bar and grill with a gf of mine. I was VERY comfortable last night AND ....I WAS NOT THE BIGGEST GIRL THERE!!!!......THAT made my smile even bigger than it already is. I was the DD cuz I knew I wasn't going to drink. Her uncle was in town and he is a BIG man, she told him about my success, she needs to be on it but ALWAYS has excuses. I am smaller than she is and she HATES that but makes me feel good because she always thought she was better than me. She has NO self esteem at all, I try to boost her up but she doesn't like herself at all so that makes it difficult. When we got to the bar there was a band playing so we found a spot to sit, her uncle ordered fried chicken tender basket with fries for "us" to eat. Well y'all know me I ain't eating it right? I had eaten before we went and put gum in my mouth. The food gets to the table and he puts some honey mustard on a chicken tender and puts in toward my mouth, says c'mon just one bite, I looked at him and I said no I am fine, I don't want any....he puts it closer and says open up just ONE bit....I looked at him and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY, thank you.....he put it in his mouth....Inside of me I have the biggest smile because I know I can handle ANYTHING....So today when I stepped on my Wii it showed I loss 3.4lbs.....gotta love it!
Good job! Shame on him for tempting you!!! ;) I too went out with friends and wasn't the least bit tempted...I actually felt really good because I was no longer obese and was only overweight...the other girls were over weight and eating and drinking "crap"...so I know next time I'll be healthy and they'll still be overweight!!!

Thanks for sharing!

New Englander
01-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Hi, my name is Erin. I am 41 with 3 children. My oldest son is 18, my other son is 7 and the baby girl is 5. I have been lurking around for a few weeks now. I was mostly reading posts from 2008/2009. It took me forever to find you guys..lol! I have been on IP for 4 weeks on Monday. I started Jan 3rd. I think I have tried about every diet out there. I was able to keep my weight off with different diets up until my 3rd child, and there wasn't anything that was taking this weight off. I couldn't stick to anything longer than 2 weeks and my weight just kept creeping up and up.
I am so glad to have found ya'll! Look forward to getting to know all of you and most of all have company and support through this journey!
Hi Erin and welcome! I've been on IP since 11/11/11 and love it! It will be your last diet. This site has been extremely helpful. You can search anything in the IP section and you'll find loads of information...be well and keep lurking/posting/and helping!!! :)

sandralosingweight
01-28-2012, 04:30 PM
WoooooWooooo Sandra, I am with you girl!!! When do you weigh in?? I am so excited to hear about your next loss!!!

Thanks Lali, my official weigh in is on Thursdays, but I am the weigh in daily kind of person (not that I encourage that to anybody, but it works for me), i already lost 3.2 pounds, i only change my ticker on Thursdays through.

I hear you're doing good as well. We will do this together :)

wuv2bloved
01-28-2012, 04:47 PM
I am so glad y'all liked the idea of the jars and the glass beads. Sometimes its little things like that, that keep us going. Its great to see how creative y'all are all with your OWN designs!!

Looks like we have a lot of "lurkers" coming out and posting which I am loving!!....you can now begin sharing your journey along with everyone else and get some added support along the way.

Congrats for all of the AWESOME WI's this week...WOW. we sure are getting SMALLER as a community that is for sure!! I am so PROUD of each and every one of you for sticking to the program and letting it work for each of you....Have a great Saturday!

WingnutandMe
01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Congratulations to all with the great WIs I see. I had my second WI yesterday evening. It had only been 11 days since starting the program and I've lost 9 lbs. Yippee. I'm feeling like the program is getting easier. The only problem I have trouble with is getting water in at work. Sometimes I find I am so busy, I realize it's been forever since I've taken a drink. Other times, I realize I'm so busy helping others, I can't find the time to get up and refill my glass. I've decided I need to have a container at my desk to make it easier to refill and try to concentrate on making sure I keep drinking.

Anyway, thanks to all for all the great advice, recipes, and support.

grassfedbeef
01-28-2012, 05:14 PM
We are going to some friends house for supper and kids birthday party tonight. My water bottle is ready as well as a cabbage salad with chicken. I am really looking forward to my salad. I love how my cravings have completely changed over the last 4 months!

Ducksmy
01-28-2012, 05:16 PM
So today after hearing that I had lost 8lbs and 5.5 inches after my first week,
I went to explore more food options. Has any one tried the Walden Farms french salad dressing?
I am so motivated to keep this up, it's hard not to smile! :D
I had told my husband that if I didn't loose I was giving up! Morale of this story is DONT GIVE UP! Even if I have a small loss next week I just might make it out of the 200's.... WOW that would be my weight after I delivered my 27 year old son! Thanks everyone! Keep moving forward and keep the faith! :goodvibes

rrrigos
01-28-2012, 05:30 PM
well its day 23 and i am doing great. this diet is changing me in so many ways...im enjoying cooking, have lots of energy, am less moody, and just feel grateful i discovered this plan...here s my breakdown

wk 1 -7.5
wk2 -4.5 (tom)
wk3 -2.8

so all in all that is good weight loss! This is an easy diet! keep going!!!:bravo:

grassfedbeef
01-28-2012, 05:31 PM
I went to explore more food options. Has any one tried the Walden Farms french salad dressing?
I had told my husband that if I didn't loose I was giving up! Morale of this story is DONT GIVE UP! Even if I have a small loss next week I just might make it out of the 200's.... WOW that would be my weight after I delivered my 27 year old son! Thanks everyone! Keep moving forward and keep the faith! :goodvibes

The WF French dressing is probably my favorite. It really is all just personal preference though. Congrats on the awesome weight loss and a terrific start! Keep up the great work!

purple sky
01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know if it is okay to have your IP product separate from your lunch?

Today I was full after eating my IP product and I could not eat anymore so I am going to have some veggies now? Does it matter how I space things?

Also, tea counts as water, right? I finally got on the tea bandwagon. It is filling and so pleasant. I guess that may be why I was quickly full at lunch.

My tea is herbal.

wuv2bloved
01-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know if it is okay to have your IP product separate from your lunch?

Today I was full after eating my IP product and I could not eat anymore so I am going to have some veggies now? Does it matter how I space things?

Also, tea counts as water, right? I finally got on the tea bandwagon. It is filling and so pleasant. I guess that may be why I was quickly full at lunch.

My tea is herbal.

YUP!!.....you can spread your veggies out throughout the day. I had my cucumber earlier and I am now having my shake.:) and Yes you are correct, herbal teas count toward your water!...You are learning the program quiet well!!...it will become like the back of your hand before you know it!

gs463
01-28-2012, 06:05 PM
I just tried the RTD Mango Drink and OMG is it wonderful. I love it. My new favorite item!

shelly ann
01-28-2012, 06:13 PM
I just tried the RTD Mango Drink and OMG is it wonderful. I love it. My new favorite item!

I agree!! Love the Mango Drink. I like to keep one in the car. Sometimes I have a late night at work and drink in on my way home. I have a long drive depending on traffic. At other times, I'll add some water to it since it's very thick and savor it an extra long time. I have had a delicious mango salsa in the past and was wondering if I could use the mango drink to imitate it.

Mkssweetie
01-28-2012, 06:18 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot: great Job! celebrating with you! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

ReadytobeHealthy
01-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Day 4 and I feel pretty dang good :) I am a very pessimistic person and have trouble thinking that any diet will work for me, as I have tried everything. But I am trying to keep a positive perspective. I found that I hate a lot of the puddings, I love the milk choc drink tastes like thick choc milk :) The puddings kinda make me wanna gag.. lol.. I am not much of a cooker but I think I am going to have to bust out some of these recipes. Is it safe to do it in the first couple weeks???

Oh and does anyone else have diabetes that has to take insulin on here? I have a few questions for ya if you are experienced!!!!! :)

Thanks Ladies, have a wonderful weekend!!!

mompattie
01-28-2012, 06:30 PM
We are going to some friends house for supper and kids birthday party tonight. My water bottle is ready as well as a cabbage salad with chicken. I am really looking forward to my salad. I love how my cravings have completely changed over the last 4 months!

ooooo cabbage salad! NEED THE RECIPE please!! This sounds delish!

mompattie
01-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Made the kale chips this afternoon: VERDICT: AMAZING!!!!! I was totally skeptical, I mean it's a leafy veggie how on earth was this going to transform into chips? LOL! WOW, they totally taste like chips and I can't believe how crunchy they get!!!! YUM! I wonder how long they'll keep? I'd like to make some before the weekend to take to a movie....

Eck
01-28-2012, 06:38 PM
I've been making the waffles with my pudding and love them with or without sugar free syrup. I use any recipe that meets IP and loses have been good.
Making my own salad dressings has really helped.
The recipes and packet ideas are great on this site! As well as all the helpful posts.

New Englander
01-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Made the kale chips this afternoon: VERDICT: AMAZING!!!!! I was totally skeptical, I mean it's a leafy veggie how on earth was this going to transform into chips? LOL! WOW, they totally taste like chips and I can't believe how crunchy they get!!!! YUM! I wonder how long they'll keep? I'd like to make some before the weekend to take to a movie....
From my experience they don't last long. I made them for lunch (and made too much) so I saved the extra for dinner and they were limpy. I had to put them back in the over to crisp them up again... Good idea though! On another note...the thing I did wrong when I first began to eat them was to overeat them...and it messed with my weight loss. I was eating four cups cooked! They are so good so I would tell myself..if I broke them all up they would only make two cups!!! LOL!!! But, do whatever you're happy with...I had them again today and premeasured them raw and the amount I had was much smaller than what I use to have...but maybe you're smarter than me and not "overeating" on them!!! : )They are good!!! And very addictive! Feels like a total cheat!

New Englander
01-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Day 4 and I feel pretty dang good :) I am a very pessimistic person and have trouble thinking that any diet will work for me, as I have tried everything. But I am trying to keep a positive perspective. I found that I hate a lot of the puddings, I love the milk choc drink tastes like thick choc milk :) The puddings kinda make me wanna gag.. lol.. I am not much of a cooker but I think I am going to have to bust out some of these recipes. Is it safe to do it in the first couple weeks???

Oh and does anyone else have diabetes that has to take insulin on here? I have a few questions for ya if you are experienced!!!!! :)

I love the choc and cap drinks! I make them put them in the fridge for 30 minutes or so with two ice cubes in them and the "frothy" tops firm up a little and I take it off with a spoon, and enjoy it and then enjoy the drink and it's a duo yummo!!! Have you tried the choc choc bar? It's delicious! I love waking up to it every morning!!! Worse meal is dinner because I don't get any chocolate!!! :)

gs463
01-28-2012, 06:52 PM

Hi,

I was lucky enough not to get bad head pain or some of the other effects this program can have on some in the beginning. I know they say if you put some sea salt on the palm of your hand, lick it off and drink water it should go away. I would try it. Eveyone says it helps.

I have been on the plan for three weeks am very happy with it. As far as the sight goes I think the best thing to do in the beginning, which is what I do, is to go to the UserCP tab at the top of the page in purple and sign up for email. This way you will get your replies to your email. It is very helpful. Otherwise the only other thing I know to do is to look at the left side of each thread and if there is an arrow pointing kind of downward it means you posted on that thread and then just look through and find your post. Honestly, signing up to receive the emails is so much easier.

Good luck on your journey. It is well worth it.

New Englander
01-28-2012, 06:53 PM
That's one of the coolest things about this diet...your cravings pretty much disappear!!! Woo hoo!!! I dread my TOM though and fortunately will only have two more times to go through it on Phase I!!! TOM is when I do crave a lot more... :)

gs463
01-28-2012, 06:53 PM
I agree!! Love the Mango Drink. I like to keep one in the car. Sometimes I have a late night at work and drink in on my way home. I have a long drive depending on traffic. At other times, I'll add some water to it since it's very thick and savor it an extra long time. I have had a delicious mango salsa in the past and was wondering if I could use the mango drink to imitate it.

I just stuck a few ice cubes in mine and it was wonderful. I think I might try making a smoothie out of it sometime in my bullet. I bet that would be really good.

purple sky
01-28-2012, 07:03 PM
YUP!!.....you can spread your veggies out throughout the day. I had my cucumber earlier and I am now having my shake.:) and Yes you are correct, herbal teas count toward your water!...You are learning the program quiet well!!...it will become like the back of your hand before you know it!

And the salt lick for the front of my hand. Sorry... I am corny like that.
I just started doing it. Seems to help for other things like if you are just not feeling great and low energy.
Thanx Wuv.

100poundfreeway
01-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi,

I was lucky enough not to get bad head pain or some of the other effects this program can have on some in the beginning. I know they say if you put some sea salt on the palm of your hand, lick it off and drink water it should go away. I would try it. Eveyone says it helps.

I have been on the plan for three weeks am very happy with it. As far as the sight goes I think the best thing to do in the beginning, which is what I do, is to go to the UserCP tab at the top of the page in purple and sign up for email. This way you will get your replies to your email. It is very helpful. Otherwise the only other thing I know to do is to look at the left side of each thread and if there is an arrow pointing kind of downward it means you posted on that thread and then just look through and find your post. Honestly, signing up to receive the emails is so much easier.

Good luck on your journey. It is well worth it.

Thank you all so much, I will try the salt trick! I did break down and have some aleve but every morning thus far I have had a headache so I will give salt a try :)

I'm so excited to be here twice today instead of giving in to cravings I read and posted!! I'm not super hungrey but been missing some munchie foods! Can anoyone tell me more abou the chips! How do you make them?

Mom3LoveBugs
01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
That's one of the coolest things about this diet...your cravings pretty much disappear!!! Woo hoo!!! I dread my TOM though and fortunately will only have two more times to go through it on Phase I!!! TOM is when I do crave a lot more... :)

the only cravings I have are during my TOM as well

Survalia
01-28-2012, 07:54 PM
I have had such a fun day today. I slept in, then breakfasted on a blueberry pancake (ProtiDiet) with WF blueberry spread. Then I went shopping at Savers and found a nice pair of brown slacks and a sweater. The last time I wore my old brown pants a co-worker told me "Those are WAY too big! Don't ever wear them again!" So I am not going to!! Then I went to WalMart and among other things, splurged a bit on Neutrogena body oil to pamper myself. When I got home, my order from Nashua Nutrition had come, and I just tried a new bar -- ProtiDiet Lemon Meringue. OH MY GOSH!!! It is the best thing ever. Even if you don't use alternatives, these are worth a try if you like lemon.

I was also reflecting on the changes in my life. I, also, have noticed that I am less moody. And it just really surprises me how much denial I was in ("I don't look THAT bad; I deserve it; Everyone is so obsessed with being skinny; People can just accept me the way I am; blah blah blah). Somehow I even convinced myself that I was really happy that way. But, the difference between then and now is just night and day and my eyes have really been opened in so many ways. Now, I did NOT expect that from a DIET! :D

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
From my experience they don't last long. I made them for lunch (and made too much) so I saved the extra for dinner and they were limpy. I had to put them back in the over to crisp them up again... Good idea though! On another note...the thing I did wrong when I first began to eat them was to overeat them...and it messed with my weight loss. I was eating four cups cooked! They are so good so I would tell myself..if I broke them all up they would only make two cups!!! LOL!!! But, do whatever you're happy with...I had them again today and premeasured them raw and the amount I had was much smaller than what I use to have...but maybe you're smarter than me and not "overeating" on them!!! : )They are good!!! And very addictive! Feels like a total cheat!

Could you compare them to any chips on the market? What do they taste like? Like if you had to say they're like BBQ (lol) or sour cream and onion, what would you say? I realize they aren't potato chips but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I commit... thanks!

hmt1372
01-28-2012, 08:07 PM
Could you compare them to any chips on the market? What do they taste like? Like if you had to say they're like BBQ (lol) or sour cream and onion, what would you say? I realize they aren't potato chips but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into before I commit... thanks!

I don't think I could compare them to anything on the market, but they are def worth trying out. I was skeptical at first, now I love, love, love them. I like to sprinkle a little bit of Malt Salt on them when they are done baking so they taste like salt and vinegar chips. Mmmm! I have read somewhere that is the trick to getting them crispy, don't salt them until after they have baked and don't let them turn brown while baking or they get a bitter taste. Give 'em a try, you won't be sorry. =)

mtnsun4
01-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Hope everyone is having an awesome day!

I went to Babies R Us to pick up some "safety" items for the house since my little man is crawling all over the place. Then, we went to Famous Daves bar-b-que for lunch. A HUGE temptation for me.......but, very happy to report I had a salad (minus the croutons, cheese and bacon bits) with oil, grilled salmon and broccoli. The bar-b-que smelled really good but I stuck with my salmon and broccoli! YUM! It has been a great day!

I am so happy to hear about everyone's losses! Great job!

I have not had a loss in two days- my body is finally adjusting to things so I know to be patient and it will move along.:D

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 08:09 PM

There is a whole thread about the different WF items. I can see if I can find it and bump it for you. I think the verdict on most of the products is "it depends" I personally don't like any of them that I've tried (I've only tried the Salad dressings) but some people swear by them.

Way to go! Days 3-4 tend to be the roughest so that's great you're over the hump! Keep an open mind and try some of the things again that you don't like now a couple weeks into the program. I think you might be surprised how your tastes change and something you couldn't stand before now becomes appealing.

No, they're really not like any chips on the market. I flavored mine just with olive oil and salt and they were alright, but I'm not in a big hurry to make them again. I know some people make them with hot sauce and that might up the flavor. If you found a seasoning you really liked (I think Land o Lakes has a sour cream one) that might make them better and more like a 'chip' too.

northernfawn
01-28-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm so excited that I found a new clinic to go to for the IP program and I really like my new coach. I got such a good feeling at the new place and the pricing is what it should be, so I got an extra case of choc ready puddings for back-up as they're not restricted. I got weighed in there today too and I'm down another 2.6 lbs since Monday,which makes me feel great - 10.6 lbs down in 2 weeks!!!!!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
I don't think I could compare them to anything on the market, but they are def worth trying out. I was skeptical at first, now I love, love, love them. I like to sprinkle a little bit of Malt Salt on them when they are done baking so they taste like salt and vinegar chips. Mmmm! I have read somewhere that is the trick to getting them crispy, don't salt them until after they have baked and don't let them turn brown while baking or they get a bitter taste. Give 'em a try, you won't be sorry. =)

That's what I was worried about was that they would be like salt and vinegar, which I don't like....dang!

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 08:14 PM
I just had the best dinner :) I usually am very happy with a dinner of eggs or fish and whatever veggies we had on hand but I'm trying to get the freezer cleaned out and found a bag of frozen shrimp 1/2 full from when I went to a potluck.

I wanted to try some kind of 'scampi' so I sauteed garlic in olive oil for a couple minutes and added 6oz shrimp (you could use 8oz but these were pre-cooked so they were probably 8oz raw). I sauteed that again for another couple of minutes with some sea salt and then added just a dash of low sodium soy sauce. The shrimp generated a lot of liquid so I let it cook down for a few minutes and poured it over my 2c broccoli and cauliflower (steamed). Delicious!!

This is something I'll make again post IP. That's two in 1 week, a new record for me!

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 08:15 PM
That's what I was worried about was that they would be like salt and vinegar, which I don't like....dang!

I think it's the malt salt she adds to them that makes them like salt and vinegar, they don't taste like salt and vinegar normally.

Ishbel
01-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I like Kale Chips as salt and vinegar but I'm pretty sure 2Ride has used smoked paprika and chilli powder to make a BBQ Chip. Google it see what options you have...I haven't ventured far past salt and vinegar because I love them like that. Oh, a friend of mine used lemon pepper on her's.

...all this talk of Kale Chips made me run out to get some and Navymommy's idea of the Land o' Lakes sour cream means I'm having both salt and vinegar and sour cream tonight...can't wait! :)

New Englander
01-28-2012, 08:56 PM
My husband says they are an acquired taste and that they are earthy..(he doesn't like them, but he can also eat real potato chips, which they taste nothing like...) :) If you season them with salt and make them crispy they are just fine and when you're on the IP diet they are a real treat! :) You can put any seasonings on them that you'd like. I tried malted vinegar (protocol approved 0/0/0/) and couldn't taste it at all.

New Englander
01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
They are not like salt and vinegar...it's what ever you put on them... :) I use a little EVOO and salt...well, maybe a lot of salt and I salt them b/f I bake them...I like the idea of hot sauce! & two cups is nothing!!! :)

New Englander
01-28-2012, 08:59 PM
They are not like salt and vinegar...it's what ever you put on them... :) I use a little EVOO and salt...well, maybe a lot of salt and I salt them b/f I bake them...I like the idea of hot sauce! & two cups is nothing!!! :)

Lilmink
01-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone,
I've also been lurking around for a few weeks reading and staying encouraged by all of your successes, but quite frustrated with mine. I've had 3 weigh-ins and lost a whopping total of 6.4 pounds. As I continue to read what everyone's coaches say and all the conflicting info, I do wonder if my coaches really don't have a clue since I'm losing sooo slow. Here are the biggest things that are starting to make me think I need to make some adjustments because I have been 100% on plan from day one. For this kind of money (and our costs are substantially higher than everyone else's) I expect knowledgeable people paying attention to what's going on with me.

According to my coaches, tea is tea and water is water. Lettuce, other than iceberg is a vegetable. Always. No breaking up meals, the whole thing must be shifted. So if you want to have dinner for lunch it's fine, but no breaking up the proteins or vegetables. I finally caved today and ate 2 or so cups of green leaf lettuce with lemon mixed with less than a tsp of Olive oil because I love, love, love vegetables (I know I'm a freak) and I looked up the carb count for greenleaf and it's negligible and I needed a snack and didn't want to eat a 4th packet (as that is also discouraged). I also asked about eating 3 egg whites plus one yolk instead of a 4th packet because the cost is so high, which I was actually thinking of subbing for my 3rd packet and was told it's not as absorbable as the packets so no, I shouldn't do it.

Clearly the protocol they've prescribed for me isn't doing the job. Not that I'm not thrilled to be losing at all, but for $105 a week for food and my weigh-in, my results are no better than WW, but I'm watching everyone write about how they've been shrinking and I sort of want to cry. I am down a decent amount in inches, but not a huge amount and interestingly they keep saying how many inches I've lost, but I noticed last week they measure me in centimeters. And I've lost a little lean muscle mass each week.

I also cut out all processed carbs, sugars, alcohol and caffeine on 12/26, a week before I started IP and lost 5 lbs on my own. So since I started, I'm down 11.4 total.

Any suggestions are so appreciated.

Lilmink

EmilySebetka
01-28-2012, 09:33 PM
So, for alternatives, what is the restricted cut off for carbs? I found some Proti-thin pasta that has only 7g of carbs, so I'm wondering what the 411 is.

Any quick answer would be much appreciated. I'm thinking that this Wednesday will be the last day of me doing official IP. I want to start doing alternatives to save my parents money. Especially since the difference will be $60!

alaskastarr
01-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Congrats to all of you today....sometimes weekends are hard for me in that I have such a hard time getting in all my water so today as I try and get my homework done I've been trying to remember to take a sip of water every now and then, but I still haven't had all I usually drink by now.

I was told by my coach that this time in the plan they see a bit of a slow down (3rd/4th week) and that I shouldn't worry...but it's frustrating to me for sure. I posted yesterday, but I was the last to post and meh it was basically a rant, but I feel like arrggghhh ya know?? Anyways....onward and forward I always say so I will just keep on moving toward my goal.

Have a great evening!

Paint Lady
01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone,
I've also been lurking around for a few weeks reading and staying encouraged by all of your successes, but quite frustrated with mine. I've had 3 weigh-ins and lost a whopping total of 6.4 pounds. As I continue to read what everyone's coaches say and all the conflicting info, I do wonder if my coaches really don't have a clue since I'm losing sooo slow. Here are the biggest things that are starting to make me think I need to make some adjustments because I have been 100% on plan from day one. For this kind of money (and our costs are substantially higher than everyone else's) I expect knowledgeable people paying attention to what's going on with me.

According to my coaches, tea is tea and water is water. Lettuce, other than iceberg is a vegetable. Always. No breaking up meals, the whole thing must be shifted. So if you want to have dinner for lunch it's fine, but no breaking up the proteins or vegetables. I finally caved today and ate 2 or so cups of green leaf lettuce with lemon mixed with less than a tsp of Olive oil because I love, love, love vegetables (I know I'm a freak) and I looked up the carb count for greenleaf and it's negligible and I needed a snack and didn't want to eat a 4th packet (as that is also discouraged). I also asked about eating 3 egg whites plus one yolk instead of a 4th packet because the cost is so high, which I was actually thinking of subbing for my 3rd packet and was told it's not as absorbable as the packets so no, I shouldn't do it.

Clearly the protocol they've prescribed for me isn't doing the job. Not that I'm not thrilled to be losing at all, but for $105 a week for food and my weigh-in, my results are no better than WW, but I'm watching everyone write about how they've been shrinking and I sort of want to cry. I am down a decent amount in inches, but not a huge amount and interestingly they keep saying how many inches I've lost, but I noticed last week they measure me in centimeters. And I've lost a little lean muscle mass each week.

I also cut out all processed carbs, sugars, alcohol and caffeine on 12/26, a week before I started IP and lost 5 lbs on my own. So since I started, I'm down 11.4 total.

Lilmink

Ok, let me address some of your concerns. Please understand that these are my experiences, everyone will have a different story.
Lettuce for me included romaine and iceberg. That's just my preference, my sheet just says lettuce, with no specific type. I ate as much as I wanted, but only at meal time. I also wasn't allowed to switch things up. I could switch lunch and dinner, but it was stressed to me that you needed to eat your protein with your veggies. It was the combination that was key. My IP sheet says that you are allowed tea, but if you drink more than your one allowed cup at breakfast, you must drink double the amt in water to make up for the caffeine. It says you are allowed decaf tea or coffee, but it doesn't state that it can be counted for water. I always ate at least 8 oz of meat for dinner. I never had egg whites as a snack, I never ate the muffins or the pancakes. My coach said they weren't allowed (extra egg whites, that is). I never ate a dill pickle just because I was hungry. I just drank coffee and 2 cups of water to make up for the caffeine. I didn't like the Walden Farms products and I didn't like Mio. Crystal Light has aspertame, so I didn't have that either. I never had more than 4 splendas in one day.

My coach had some strange rules. She scratched all over my protocol sheets, saying I couldn't do most anything. For the most part, I went by the protocol and didn't tell her what I was doing. She would have kicked me off of the diet. Towards the end of my diet, she told me that I lost better than most of her clients and wanted to know my secret. I just smiled and shrugged my shoulders and said I didn't know.

What all of my rambling boils down to is this: Coaches are all different. Mine was goofy and ignorant and had no knowledge of basic nutrition. I went by what the sheet said. Will you still lose by changing it up? Probably so. But if you start to stall, you better get back to the protocol. Read Dr. Tran's book and visit his website. The most important thing I can tell you is to do your own research. Don't just go with what your coach or another dieter tells you. There really is no consistency with IP coaches, unfortunately. I'm glad I had a coach to be accountable to and she was a great cheerleader. I still consider it money well spent.

Lilmink
01-28-2012, 10:08 PM
To clarify, the only tea I drink is herbal caffeine free.

purple sky
01-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Congrats to all of you today....sometimes weekends are hard for me in that I have such a hard time getting in all my water so today as I try and get my homework done I've been trying to remember to take a sip of water every now and then, but I still haven't had all I usually drink by now.

I was told by my coach that this time in the plan they see a bit of a slow down (3rd/4th week) and that I shouldn't worry...but it's frustrating to me for sure. I posted yesterday, but I was the last to post and meh it was basically a rant, but I feel like arrggghhh ya know?? Anyways....onward and forward I always say so I will just keep on moving toward my goal.

Have a great evening!

I wonder if it is helpful to look at overall weight loss. Maybe think about where you were a month ago and where you will be a month from now.

patns
01-28-2012, 10:32 PM
To clarify, the only tea I drink is herbal caffeine free.

Re your original question, it doesn't sound like your coach knows waht she is doing. I would totally follow the proticol sheet. Also read Dr Tran's book which you can download from the stickies on the first post of the daily thread.
However, if you lost 5 pounds the week before you started you wouldn't get the big loss many people get the first week.

If you really find you don't want to spend that much money every week for questionable advice you can check the nutritional info on the alternative products which again is under the info on the first post of the daily thread. Many people are doing very well going that route.

hmt1372
01-28-2012, 10:34 PM

They only taste like salt and vinegar because I put Malt Salt on them, normally I just use olive oil and sea salt and they don't taste like vinegar at all, just salty goodness. =)

patns
01-28-2012, 10:36 PM
So, for alternatives, what is the restricted cut off for carbs? I found some Proti-thin pasta that has only 7g of carbs, so I'm wondering what the 411 is.

Any quick answer would be much appreciated. I'm thinking that this Wednesday will be the last day of me doing official IP. I want to start doing alternatives to save my parents money. Especially since the difference will be $60!

I think it is 10 carbs. For instance the IP oatmeal is a resticted but most of the alternative oatmeals are not.

Beanie Mommy
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Had Big Mac in a bowl for the first time today. Even broke down and got the WF thousand island, even though I'm not a WF fan at all. It was actually really tasty! A bit heavier than what I'd normally eat, so probably won't be making it a lot. Great dish for when you are REALLY hungry!

Today was a really nice day in PA, sunny and 50. Went for a nice leisurely walk with stroller and my 2 yo DD. Excellent playground session as well :)

Good day altogether. Hope you all have a great Sunday! Stay strong and OP!

gs463
01-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Lilmink

I would ask for the area director's name and number or email/call Ideal Protien. I have only been on 3 weeks and consider myself a slow loser and have lost 9.25 lbs. Lettuce is free and eat romaine which has the most nutritional benefit. You should not eat iceburg at all as it has NO nutritional benefit at all. Tea is allowed however if it is not herbal tea you are supposed to drink an extra 8oz of water for each cafinated tea/coffee you drink. Decaf tea can be counted towards your water. Protien is 8 oz RAW and veggies are to be weighed raw. I will tell you there seems to be differing opinions on whether you can split up your daily protein. I do on days I need to. Some days I have 2oz of chicken in a salad at lunch and then the rest of the protein at dinner. Some people have egg whites as a "free" item. I was told not to do that but sometimes do. Many of the sites do not have coaches that have been to the most recent training. If you do not like your site or coaches try the ideal protein website for another site near you. Let them know what is going on as I understand they are trying to "coach" those sites with poor coaches and or shut those down that are not following proper protocol.

Good luck and hang in there.

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 11:19 PM

Like patns said if you did lose weight right before you went on protocol you won't have the larger 1st week numbers that some people have. Honestly, the only things that sound a little off from your coach are not allowing romaine as a lettuce (for that matter a spring mix should be alright too, but spinach is a vegetable), and the tea v. water argument. As long as it's herbal tea I can't see why it wouldn't count as water but IMO the 64oz is very minimal so you can probably make that up easy with just water.

RE the egg v packet question. I can see where it would be tempting to substitute but honestly if I were going to go that route I would look at some other alternatives. I have been using only alternatives since my restart 1/2/12 and have lost nearly 20lbs (I started at 196). If you look up the thread on alternatives there is a ton of helpful information there.

Also, are you making sure to get in ALL your food? You need 8oz meat (measured raw) plus 4c veggies, 3 packets, and the oil. You might also want to think about adding a restricted in. I have found I lose better when I have a restricted everyday then when I don't. I hope this helps and maybe if you can give us an exact idea of what you're eating we can give you more information.

The cut off is 8g. I attached the nutritional sheet to this post. And check out the alternative thread, there's lots of great info there!

mompattie
01-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Hey ipeeps! Today was a good day!! Kept busy with the kids, and pretty much was busy "filtering" water all day! :dizzy:

We BBQ'ed some steaks and asparagus for supper (potatoes too for the carb lovers in the family), and I FINALLY took out my kitchen scale and measured my meat! WOW, I haven't been eating enough dinner protein! I could not believe how much it took to get my 8 oz. (I go with cooked weight, I know we're all told something different). This was sure an eye opener! I thought I had been having too much!! It was delish! Now time to think about snack.... maybe a waffle! I'm addicted to them right now, the waffle iron hasn't gotten put away since I started playing around with that recipe! LOVE IT! Have a great weekend everyone! :hug:

Lilmink
01-29-2012, 01:52 AM
Thanks Navymommy.

I work from home and go in and out to appointments all day, so my food timing is certainly not normal. But my normal day is a cappuccino drink packet around 6:30-7am, sometimes mixed with water, sometimes with 6-8oz decaf coffee.

Around 10:30am a fine herb and cheese omelet packet with 2 cups of mixed veggies. Could be any combo of broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, boc choy, spinach, zucchini, cauliflower. Pretty much whatever veggies are left over from dinner the night before. Veggies are frequently tossed with fresh parsley or basil for flavor and usually made with a good amount of minced garlic.

Around 3-4pm I eat my big meal. 6-8oz of lean red meat, chicken breast, shrimp, scallops, halibut, mahi mahi with 2 cups of veggies or 2 cups of lettuce with lemon, water, mustard seed and a variety of other dried spices.

Around 8pm a chocolate drink packet made in to hot chocolate, which I look forward to all day!

My 2 tsps of olive oil are either all with the veggies, or if needed split partially with the protein. I measure the veggies dry and add the olive oil accordingly to make sure there's 1 tsp per cup.

Usually on Wednesdays I switch out the omelet with the oatmeal and have veggies in the evening, because I have an early meeting and I walk out super hungry and the oatmeal is easy to bring to the office.

And I always drink at least three 750ml jugs of water. Sometimes add in some herbal tea if it's chilly.

There you have it. I'm going to Costa Rica in April for a vacation mostly in a bathing suit and had hoped to drop most of the weight by the end of Feb, but at this pace, it's the end of March at best, not leaving me much time for the next phases.

Definitely open to suggestions on how to speed this up!

Thanks

poohbear1201
01-29-2012, 01:53 AM
I have a question, hoping someone has some advice. I wake up at 545 am and have a shower, get ready for work and leave at 630 ( grabbing a idealprotein bar) by the time my first coffee break comes around 945 ...I'm starving as my lunch isn't till 11 am. I usually try to drink lots of water to rid the hunger...Should I wait a bit to eat the protein bar or what should I snack on in between?? say at my first coffee break??
Thanks for your time
:D

ShellyT
01-29-2012, 07:42 AM
LOVE that! I have to do this...so cute and very visual. Love love love this idea.

ShellyT
01-29-2012, 07:46 AM
I have a question, hoping someone has some advice. I wake up at 545 am and have a shower, get ready for work and leave at 630 ( grabbing a idealprotein bar) by the time my first coffee break comes around 945 ...I'm starving as my lunch isn't till 11 am. I usually try to drink lots of water to rid the hunger...Should I wait a bit to eat the protein bar or what should I snack on in between?? say at my first coffee break??
Thanks for your time
:D
Someone said on here to mix protein drink with your coffee...I do that quite often, and it tastes like a latte. It takes me to my lunch to drink it while I work. I hope that is on plan. If it is, might want to try that.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-29-2012, 07:59 AM
I like Kale Chips as salt and vinegar but I'm pretty sure 2Ride has used smoked paprika and chilli powder to make a BBQ Chip. Google it see what options you have...I haven't ventured far past salt and vinegar because I love them like that. Oh, a friend of mine used lemon pepper on her's.

...all this talk of Kale Chips made me run out to get some and Navymommy's idea of the Land o' Lakes sour cream means I'm having both salt and vinegar and sour cream tonight...can't wait! :)

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I'll just give them a try after all.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-29-2012, 08:19 AM
They only taste like salt and vinegar because I put Malt Salt on them, normally I just use olive oil and sea salt and they don't taste like vinegar at all, just salty goodness. =)

Sounds like there are some good options out there for flavoring it up.

omgzitsmiranda
01-29-2012, 08:35 AM
3rd weigh-in: 2lbs down! [TOM of the month! Woo, way to start the day!]

EmilySebetka
01-29-2012, 08:54 AM
3rd weigh-in: 2lbs down! [TOM of the month! Woo, way to start the day!]

My third WI was almost exactly the same as your's with the same issue! Wow... LOL...

So, I found some high protein pasta that has 7g carbs, so its not a restricted item! Yay! I can have pasta! I feel like dancing!!!:carrot: Its very exciting for me. I think I have some Italian in my blood even though I don't. Someone had a illegitimate child with an Italian somewhere down the line...

Anyhoo. I'm having a good day. I hope you all do too!

sandralosingweight
01-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday, I had an eye opening experience; as I went with my hubby to a fitness store where he wanted to buy some strips for his weight lifting exercises, as we were there we saw a weighted vest and my hubby asked how heavy it was, so we have been told that it was 50 pounds, and this is when it clicked in my head: it is about the weight I lost, I tried to pick it up and I hardly could lift it up, so my hubby lifted up for me and said " you used to carry this all the time, can you imagine?", so it hit me, omg I am happy I lost this much but still I have to lose this much again!

Other than that, I am still 100% OP even though I prepared a yummy dish for my baby last night and a cake, it smelled amazing and that was enough for me

galpal445
01-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday, I had an eye opening experience; as I went with my hubby to a fitness stores where he wanted to buy some strips for his weight lifting exercises, as we were there we saw a weighted vest and my hubby asked how heavy it was, so we have been told that it was 50 pounds, and this is when it clicked in my head: it is about the weight I lost, I tried to pick it up and I hardly could lift it up, so so hubby lifted up for me and said " you used to carry this all the time, can you imagine?", so it hit me, omg I am happy I lost this much but still I have to lose this much again!

Wow! That would be a great idea for all of us to do as we lose the weight...just to remind us of what we carried around with us all the time.

omgzitsmiranda
01-29-2012, 09:09 AM
My third WI was almost exactly the same as your's with the same issue! Wow... LOL...

So, I found some high protein pasta that has 7g carbs, so its not a restricted item! Yay! I can have pasta! I feel like dancing!!!:carrot: Its very exciting for me. I think I have some Italian in my blood even though I don't. Someone had a illegitimate child with an Italian somewhere down the line...

Anyhoo. I'm having a good day. I hope you all do too!

Oh lord haha. It's really annoying LOL!

I wasn't sure we if could have that or not based on the flour that's in it? Have you tried the Miracle Noodles? I haven't and I've heard mixed reviews on them, but they're 0/0/0! So may be worth a shot. I'm not an expert at this by any means, just didn't think we could have those noodles you're talking about. Are they the ones on Nashua?

geminezmarie
01-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Hey ipeeps! Today was a good day!! Kept busy with the kids, and pretty much was busy "filtering" water all day! :dizzy:

We BBQ'ed some steaks and asparagus for supper (potatoes too for the carb lovers in the family), and I FINALLY took out my kitchen scale and measured my meat! WOW, I haven't been eating enough dinner protein! I could not believe how much it took to get my 8 oz. (I go with cooked weight, I know we're all told something different). This was sure an eye opener! I thought I had been having too much!! It was delish! Now time to think about snack.... maybe a waffle! I'm addicted to them right now, the waffle iron hasn't gotten put away since I started playing around with that recipe! LOVE IT! Have a great weekend everyone! :hug:

I had the same revelation this weekend! The butcher measured out the 8 ounces and it was 3 times bigger than what I'd been having. Now I'm full, content and enthusiastic about finishing my first IP week!

Ducksmy
01-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Happy Sunday!
Good morning everyone! I woke up feeling so gooood! Lots of energy and kicking the last of this cold. I hope everyone has an OP day!
Please don't get discouraged you can do it! YOU are worth it! Never felt that before.
One question though I have looked for the Turnip fry reciepe and can't find it. I made (well attempted) them yesterday. They were a little rubbery and still a little bitter. Any suggestions?
This is a great day, MAKE IT YOURS! :love:
:flow1: for every 5 lbs lost

:flow1:

AussieonIP
01-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Good Morning All,

Hope were all having a Happy OP IP Day!

Feeling great on Day 4, and jumped on my home scale and had a shout out moment this morning, started (based on home scales) at 227.4, and this morning i was 221.4, Holy Cow!

This is keeping me right on track, had a little headache last night, but not craving anything - despite my other half eating prosciutto and wine last night, wasn't even tempted!

Stay strong everyone for a OP IP day!

Cheers/S....

shiipa
01-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Good Morning All,

Feeling great on Day 4, and jumped on my home scale and had a shout out moment this morning, started (based on home scales) at 227.4, and this morning i was 221.4, Holy Cow!

This is keeping me right on track, had a little headache last night, but not craving anything - despite my other half eating prosciutto and wine last night, wasn't even tempted!

Cheers/S....
Congratulations! There is nothing more motivating than seeing those numbers move on the scale, right? Makes it easy to stay OP.:D

massconfusion84
01-29-2012, 10:46 AM
So my 3rd weigh in was Friday and I didnt lose anything as far as lbs but I did lose 4 inches. This week is going to be better. Last night I went to a revealinbg party for my preg sister in law there was no0t one thing there I could eat so I just didnt eat anything till I got home :o) ...whew that was tough. I am getting stronger tho!

AussieonIP
01-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Congratulations! There is nothing more motivating than seeing those numbers move on the scale, right? Makes it easy to stay OP.:D

Thanks so much!!! and your totally correct! My shout out moment on the scale was a little more filthier than Holy Cow, but I was surprised, Day 3 I was 223, Day 2 224.7

These results and the cost/coach of the program is keeping me on plan!

Cheers/S....

AussieonIP
01-29-2012, 10:56 AM
So my 3rd weigh in was Friday and I didnt lose anything as far as lbs but I did lose 4 inches. This week is going to be better. Last night I went to a revealinbg party for my preg sister in law there was no0t one thing there I could eat so I just didnt eat anything till I got home :o) ...whew that was tough. I am getting stronger tho!

Congrats, 4in's off is still a loss :) whether its Lbs or in's a loss is still a loss :)

and Go You! for keeping OP at your sisters inlaws party! Must have been hard with all that temptation in from of you!

Happy Sunday

Cheers/S...

omgzitsmiranda
01-29-2012, 11:03 AM
I just realized that just this month alone I've lost 21lbs all together lol. That's pretty awesome! Hope February goes just as well. [I've been on IP 3 weeks as of TOMORROW]! The other week or so I was just doing calorie counting :)

268 ---> 247 today! Woo!

shiipa
01-29-2012, 11:11 AM
I just realized that just this month alone I've lost 21lbs all together lol. That's pretty awesome! Hope February goes just as well. [I've been on IP 3 weeks as of TOMORROW]! The other week or so I was just doing calorie counting :)

268 ---> 247 today! Woo!

Wow, that is awesome for three weeks. Now, you can't get those results with other diets!!!!!:devil:

Gardengurl71
01-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Hello Ipeeps :) I have not been on here for a few days and feel very behind in all the latest news. Congrats to everyone for great WIs and NSVs!!!!!

I made it through two social events that revolved around food and alcohol. It wasn't even hard or tempting. The hardest part is dealing with people who want you to have just one bite, one drink, one shot...etc. But, it gets easier to say "no thank you" all the time. Other people are so uncomfortable with our program and our success...I think it threatens them. But, like I said...you get used to it. Nothing or no one is going to get me to cheat!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Wow, that is awesome for three weeks. Now, you can't get those results with other diets!!!!!:devil:

It's not just on IP :P But on IP I've lost 10lbs now! So I'm totally happy with that ;)

Jonis
01-29-2012, 12:04 PM

They didn't even have a veggie platter? Ridiculous! Whenever I have people over I set out nuts, veggies and pretzels. Some people will bring stuff too which is great but I no longer go overboard with the decadent appetizers.

Good for you for sticking to the plan!

JellyMae87
01-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Hello Ipeeps :) I have not been on here for a few days and feel very behind in all the latest news. Congrats to everyone for great WIs and NSVs!!!!!

I made it through two social events that revolved around food and alcohol. It wasn't even hard or tempting. The hardest part is dealing with people who want you to have just one bite, one drink, one shot...etc. But, it gets easier to say "no thank you" all the time. Other people are so uncomfortable with our program and our success...I think it threatens them. But, like I said...you get used to it. Nothing or no one is going to get me to cheat!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!!!

I always find it sort of rediculous that people can just say one bite...
I just had a cowork tell me tell me that I could have just one piece of cake... I was lik "NOOOO" and she was all upset and said. you have to treat your self... I told her that I do. just not with food... Why else would I have the results I do, if I treated myself to the stuff that made me fat in the first place...

These kind of people bother me. Its like their jealousy comes out... Considering I used to be about 40lbs heavier than she was...

DanafromAustin
01-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday, I had an eye opening experience; as I went with my hubby to a fitness store where he wanted to buy some strips for his weight lifting exercises, as we were there we saw a weighted vest and my hubby asked how heavy it was, so we have been told that it was 50 pounds, and this is when it clicked in my head: it is about the weight I lost, I tried to pick it up and I hardly could lift it up, so my hubby lifted up for me and said " you used to carry this all the time, can you imagine?", so it hit me, omg I am happy I lost this much but still I have to lose this much again!

Other than that, I am still 100% OP even though I prepared a yummy dish for my baby last night and a cake, it smelled amazing and that was enough for me

Sandra, you're doing great! I had a similar experience the other day while I was at the gym. I saw a 50 pound weight sitting there, so I walked up to it and tried to lift it. I barely could and was amazed that I've lost even more than that and actually walked around with all of that extra weight. No wonder everything hurt.

Momto2cs
01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Morning all.

My scale is up 1.5 today. No apparent reason, but weekends I know I don't drink enough water. I will definitely work on that today. I don't weigh in until Thursday, so I expect som ups and downs...I know I should just stay off the scale.

I had turnip fries last night. I just used coarse salt and pepper and a little oil and baked st 425 for 20 mins.they were good, not crispy, but tasty.

I feel a cold starting. Off to find the oil of oregano and some nice herbal tea!

frazzledmom04
01-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Good morning everyone,

I did that with bags of sugar the other week at Walmart. I didn't actually feel too bad before IP but after carrying the sugar around it really put it into perspective of how much etra weight I was carrying around. I highly recommend everyone to try doing this when they get a little frustrated.
you're doing great Sandra. Keep up the good work!:carrot:

mompattie
01-29-2012, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Ducksmy;4193682]Happy Sunday!

One question though I have looked for the Turnip fry reciepe and can't find it. I made (well attempted) them yesterday. They were a little rubbery and still a little bitter. Any suggestions?

This is how I make my turnip fries:

Slice skin of turnip, and cut into thin strips (like fries), I like them kinda "shoestring". Boil for a few minutes in a pot just until they start to soften. Don't over cook, we're just getting the bitterness out at this point. Drain and spread out on a cookie sheet. COOL a bit. Line another cookie sheet (I use my stoneware so I don't have to use parchment), and put them on. Lightly drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with kosher salt. Don't use very much, as the turnips don't soak up the oil as traditional potatoes do. Bake until they are done, last time I made these I kinda lost track of time and they were perfectly done!! They don't get real crispy like traditional fries, but they are delish!!! I made the family chili, and made myself an IP friendly chili (basically meat and spices, no beans), and topped some turnip fries with chili. SO AWESOME! Tastes very good, I prefer them to traditional fries. And my kids love them too! (Although I make them a few bakes regular fries and mix both together). They don't even know they're eating turnips! Good luck!

emkay
01-29-2012, 12:46 PM
good-morning all. i'm a newbie and have mostly just been reading lots here and gaining encouragement and advice that way. today i need some direction and advice. can anyone relate to this? i have been on IP since the 10th (19 days now) and have a total loss of 7lbs... however this past week i have not lost a thing. i'm fairly sure it's hormonal but am going thru menopause and have irregular TOM's. my weight tends to fluctuate anyway quite a bit throughout the month. anyway, can anyone tell me if this is normal and maybe let me know that once this passes i'll quite possibly have a huge (hopefully!) weight drop? thanks so much. i really need the encouragement today...

mompattie
01-29-2012, 12:48 PM
I have been meaning to ask: Does anyone use sprouts in their salads? Are we allowed, I can't remember....my kids like making them, it's fun to watch them grow and I'd like to spice up my salads if we're allowed. Thanks!!!:)

omgzitsmiranda
01-29-2012, 12:56 PM
good-morning all. i'm a newbie and have mostly just been reading lots here and gaining encouragement and advice that way. today i need some direction and advice. can anyone relate to this? i have been on IP since the 10th (19 days now) and have a total loss of 7lbs... however this past week i have not lost a thing. i'm fairly sure it's hormonal but am going thru menopause and have irregular TOM's. my weight tends to fluctuate anyway quite a bit throughout the month. anyway, can anyone tell me if this is normal and maybe let me know that once this passes i'll quite possibly have a huge (hopefully!) weight drop? thanks so much. i really need the encouragement today...

I've only been on IP for 3 weeks, but i'm pretty sure this is really common. It can make women's TOM do insane things along with any other hormones. I would say to just keep your head up, stay OP and the whoosh fairy should be here soon! :hug:

emkay
01-29-2012, 01:04 PM
thanks again for coming to my rescue Miranda :) it's been a discouraging week to stick to the program 10000% and see no results... however! i will NOT be derailed! onward and forward. let's see what next week brings. i have my 2nd official weigh in on friday. hoping for a good report!

QHLover
01-29-2012, 01:13 PM
For those who want to exercise please read the following:

"You have two natural aerobic paces, easy and hard, and they depend on two very different muscle metabolisms which are determined by the fuel you use. Low-intensity, light aerobic exercise burns fat, while high-intensity, hard aerobic exercise burns glucose. It's a critical difference, because these two paces trigger two distinct metabolisms." Dr. Henry S. Lodge.

Since we are not consuming glucose and we want to lose FAT, we should be doing low intensity exercises (walking, yoga, swimming) as recommended by Dr. Tran.

QHLover
01-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Had a great night on Friday. Went out for dinner, enjoyed a delicious steak dinner with grilled veggies and stayed on program. With a little thinking ahead of time I was able to keep in control. When the bread basket arrived at the table I said NO, my friend looked wistfully at the basket but conceded that she probably didn't need to eat any either. I also drank my last IP item about an hour before dinner so I wasn't starving and ready to eat everything on the menu.

omgzitsmiranda
01-29-2012, 01:21 PM
thanks again for coming to my rescue Miranda :) it's been a discouraging week to stick to the program 10000% and see no results... however! i will NOT be derailed! onward and forward. let's see what next week brings. i have my 2nd official weigh in on friday. hoping for a good report!

No problem! Feel free to PM me too if you ever need a pick me up & I will try to make you feel better :D

I'm sure if I hit a week where I see 0 results I will probably cry, but I'm NOT going to give up! You've had really really good results so far, once you get the whoosh fairy you're going to be SO happy that you stayed in there! :D

100poundfreeway
01-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Good Morning All,

Cheers/S....

Today is my day 4 also and I could not wait a whole week the scale was down 5 pounds!!! :dance: I feel pretty good and have more energy than I thought I would!! And I woke up in the middle of the night with a killer headache and the salt trick I learned about here yesterday worked like a charm!!!

So excited for the week! I feel I GOT THIS! :goodvibes

Renewing Myself
01-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I was thinking of putting a pot roast in the slow cooker today for tonight's supper, my question is can I have 8 oz of cooked meat tonight? I know that I should be measuring it raw but that doesn't really work since I have a frozen roast! How much cooked meat should I have? Anyone know?

I have been having a great week, yesterday and last night was difficult, hubby was in a curling bonspiel. I sat at the curling rink sipping on herbal tea while everyone around me was have drinks and hamburger and fries (smelled wonderful). Then last night they had the banquet and there was soooo much good food, but I stuck with salads, piece of chicken and roast beef. Oh and the dessert table was about 6 feet long :dizzy: but I didn't go near it!

omgzitsmiranda
01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Oh Oh and I forgot to mention I'm on day 20! 3 weeks tomorrow! It's crazy how fast it's went by. The last week FLEW byyyy! I guess I'm not totally worried about do this or don't do that because I've been sticking with the same thing & also because I *know* how to do it better. So woo hoo!

Also, I just noticed that I'm out of the 40's for BMI! Barely, but still ;) LOVE IT!
PS: I'M 1/4 OF THE WAY THERE to my goal!

Sorry, apparently it's a Sunday of revelations for me & weight loss LOL.

New Englander
01-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh Oh and I forgot to mention I'm on day 20! 3 weeks tomorrow! It's crazy how fast it's went by. The last week FLEW byyyy! I guess I'm not totally worried about do this or don't do that because I've been sticking with the same thing & also because I *know* how to do it better. So woo hoo!
Great attitude!!! I'm on week 13 (or so) and believe me...IT GETS BETTER!!! :) Keep it up!!! We're on our way!!! Can't wait for 4th of July!!! Cute clothes and wine in hand..cheese and crackers...(yes...a designated "cheat" day in maintenance!!)

Momto2cs
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
For those who want to exercise please read the following:

"You have two natural aerobic paces, easy and hard, and they depend on two very different muscle metabolisms which are determined by the fuel you use. Low-intensity, light aerobic exercise burns fat, while high-intensity, hard aerobic exercise burns glucose. It's a critical difference, because these two paces trigger two distinct metabolisms." Dr. Henry S. Lodge.

Since we are not consuming glucose and we want to lose FAT, we should be doing low intensity exercises (walking, yoga, swimming) as recommended by Dr. Tran.

There are many theories of exercise, just like diet.

Dr tran originally designed this diet for high performance athletes.

The body adapts to burning ketone instead of glucose to support intense activities. or that's the theory most low carb diets support.

Each person is unique and needs to decide if exercise is for them, or if they prefer to wait until the first phases of ip are done. Or if they ever want to exercise at all.

I know I have no problem doing high intensity workouts. I am on day 28 of my return to phase 1. I don't think exercise is necessary, or maybe even helpful, for weight loss on ip. I just love it.

wuv2bloved
01-29-2012, 01:46 PM

268 ---> 247 today! Woo!
And to think you THOUGHT this was going to bed hard!..YOU GOT THIS!!...you are helping others, I have had my eye on you...Giving lots of support and suggestions...THIS FORUM....will help you and everyone else along the way. That is the best thing about it...everyone learns together and shares to make each others journey a little easier... :grouphug::grouphug: to everyone!!

i have been on IP since the 10th (19 days now) and have a total loss of 7lbs... however this past week i have not lost a thing.
this is normal, you will have weeks with little to no loss at all then the following week have a pretty decent loss (sometimes not always)...week before last I stayed exactly the same losing no lbs nor inches, this week I loss 6.2lbs and 5 inches!!.....if you are following the protocol IT WILL COME OFF.....your body just needs to make adjustments sometimes, patience is a virtue...Trust the program and BELIEVE in YOURSELF!

I was thinking of putting a pot roast in the slow cooker today for tonight's supper, my question is can I have 8 oz of cooked meat tonight? I know that I should be measuring it raw but that doesn't really work since I have a frozen roast! How much cooked meat should I have? Anyone know?!
I have done that before, Measured my meat after cooking it in the crock pot. The way I look at it is, a little more protein is ok every now and then. I wouldn't recommend it doing it often but in this case I would say it is ok. As I said I have done it before and have been fine with it. Enjoy it! :)

Its another beautiful day here in Mississippi, sunny and 65 with NO HUMIDITY!!....when my son get off of work today we are going shopping (looking) to see what size I am fitting into now. Should be fun!!...have a happy Sunday :)

Lilmink
01-29-2012, 01:54 PM
I was thinking of putting a pot roast in the slow cooker today for tonight's supper, my question is can I have 8 oz of cooked meat tonight? I know that I should be measuring it raw but that doesn't really work since I have a frozen roast! How much cooked meat should I have? Anyone know?

I have been having a great week, yesterday and last night was difficult, hubby was in a curling bonspiel. I sat at the curling rink sipping on herbal tea while everyone around me was have drinks and hamburger and fries (smelled wonderful). Then last night they had the banquet and there was soooo much good food, but I stuck with salads, piece of chicken and roast beef. Oh and the dessert table was about 6 feet long :dizzy: but I didn't go near it!

Lean red meat and chicken tend to shrink about 2 oz for every 8oz raw. So 8oz of cooked meat would be fine because it shrinks, but then you'll have the liquid bringing the weight back up.

omgzitsmiranda
01-29-2012, 01:58 PM
And to think you THOUGHT this was going to bed hard!..YOU GOT THIS!!...you are helping others, I have had my eye on you...Giving lots of support and suggestions...THIS FORUM....will help you and everyone else along the way. That is the best thing about it...everyone learns together and shares to make each others journey a little easier... :grouphug::grouphug: to everyone!!

Oh Lisa, you are such a sweetheart & my guardian angel lol. You have helped me SO much in SO many ways, you just have no idea! When I feel down on the occasion I just ask myself "what would Lisa do?" and just keep on chugging along ;)! 3 weeks down & that's 3 weeks I can look back and say "DONE!" 3 weeks that I didn't spend sitting around feeling like crap, looking like crap & wishing my pants fit better. IP is amazing.

Anyone else that feels like you CAN'T do this, don't listen! YOU CAN DO THIS! If I can do it & stick with it, then you can too! It WILL get better and it FLIES by!

wuv2bloved
01-29-2012, 02:03 PM
I have been meaning to ask: Does anyone use sprouts in their salads? Are we allowed, I can't remember....my kids like making them, it's fun to watch them grow and I'd like to spice up my salads if we're allowed. Thanks!!!:)

I use sprouts in my salads sometimes, my coach said it was fine to use. I am thinking I may need to get me a long planter and plant a few things myself. Living in an apartment can't grow too much...hahah

Miranda, everyone needs a Guardian angel, its nice to have one always watching over you :)

100poundfreeway
01-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Now that I don't have a headache and feel human again on day 4 I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I'm a mom of a 19 month old girl and I have always been over weight. I'm 33 years old and had a hard time consiving my daughter but now that I have her it was worth everything! I have been on many "diets" before and have changed my way of life a time or two but this time is different I'm going to loose 100 pounds and then I will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle so my girl will grow up with a proper example! My dear husband could not be any more supportive and for that I'm so thankful!

I'm hoping my TOM comes back around and normals out a bit it been since July 2010 since I have had anything and well part of this journey is to get prego again!!

I am doing the alternative route as I have a Dr that his wife did all the math and put together a plan so the only down fall would be no coach, but I did work for a chiropractor that does IP for 4 years so I feel I have a good conection there and if need be I can fall back on this! I do wonder about different packs instead of my boaring shakes already but with time I'm sure I will learn more and get more creative!!!

Down 5 pounds already WOOOO HOOOO

Thank you for all you guys share on this forum and I can't wait to get to know you all better on this journey we are on!

alaskastarr
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
I wonder if it is helpful to look at overall weight loss. Maybe think about where you were a month ago and where you will be a month from now.

Thanks Purple Sky :) I am honestly happy with my weight loss, I think what frustrates me more is my hubby...he is uber competitive and he WANTS to lose tons more than me it seems...it almost feels like he is subtly rubbing it in my face. I could possibly be hormonal :D because I've felt like it's that TOM for over a week now without it presenting itself (apparently this program does that to women) so I'm just trying to breathe through it all and keep moving moving moving toward my goal :)

After4yrS
01-29-2012, 02:50 PM
I am so inspired by you! Thanks for sharing.

purple sky
01-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I did that with bags of sugar the other week at Walmart. I didn't actually feel too bad before IP but after carrying the sugar around it really put it into perspective of how much etra weight I was carrying around. I highly recommend everyone to try doing this when they get a little frustrated.
you're doing great Sandra. Keep up the good work!:carrot:

Bags of sugar. Love it. I feel like that is what I am losing, bags of sugar and flour.

Been thinking about what my future is going to be like. Been looking at recipe books for sugarless and flourless and processedless diets. They seem to have recipes for how I will be eating in the future.

Every diet that I see. Every one that resonates with me has a protocol similiar to IP's later phases with good fats and sugars added back. (yogurt, nuts, fruits, etc. etc.)

thin4me
01-29-2012, 03:13 PM

I love it! Very inspirational and more fun than your ticker :)

thin4me
01-29-2012, 03:15 PM

The best part is you realized it before letting it get out of hand - you are doing awesome!

thin4me
01-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling blessed today that I am on this program and fate led me here.

That is fantastic! I understand how we can get to a dark side sometimes and glad you found the inspiration to change your life! I believe we all have our time to go and that definitely wasn't yours, but instead you were given a different message - take it and best of luck!!!!

NavyMommy
01-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Now that I don't have a headache and feel human again on day 4 I just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I'm a mom of a 19 month old girl and I have always been over weight. I'm 33 years old and had a hard time consiving my daughter but now that I have her it was worth everything! I have been on many "diets" before and have changed my way of life a time or two but this time is different I'm going to loose 100 pounds and then I will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle so my girl will grow up with a proper example! My dear husband could not be any more supportive and for that I'm so thankful!

I'm hoping my TOM comes back around and normals out a bit it been since July 2010 since I have had anything and well part of this journey is to get prego again!!

I am doing the alternative route as I have a Dr that his wife did all the math and put together a plan so the only down fall would be no coach, but I did work for a chiropractor that does IP for 4 years so I feel I have a good conection there and if need be I can fall back on this! I do wonder about different packs instead of my boaring shakes already but with time I'm sure I will learn more and get more creative!!!

Thank you for all you guys share on this forum and I can't wait to get to know you all better on this journey we are on!

Welcome!! If you're every bored with your shake selection, you should check out nausha nutrition. They have several different packets that are close to (some identical to) the IP products for about 1/3 the cost. I don't think I could make it without my cappuccino drink! Check out the alternative thread for more info.

thin4me
01-29-2012, 04:06 PM
As far as the sight goes I think the best thing to do in the beginning, which is what I do, is to go to the UserCP tab at the top of the page in purple and sign up for email. This way you will get your replies to your email.

Good afternoon, so I went to the "User CP" tab and clicked on "Edit Email and Password" and I have my email listed there but it doesn't mention having replies sent to that address and don't believe I have received them there in the past, were you perhaps talking about something else?

AussieonIP
01-29-2012, 04:13 PM

Welcome and Congrats on the results so far!!!! Its awesome however the rapid loss at the start can keep you motivated and stay 100% OP!!!!

grassfedbeef
01-29-2012, 04:14 PM

I let them sit to make sure they are completely cooled off and then I put them in a ziplock back and I have enjoyed them for more than a week. You have to make sure the moisture is gone completely though before you bag them. I often will leave them overnight and then bag them. They are great to have on hand for when you need a quick veggie!

The cabbage salad is super easy:

Dissolve 3 TBSP splenda in 3TBSP hot water. Add 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup (I use a little less) Olive oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix together. Add 8 cups of shredded or chopped cabbage and green onion to taste. Mix and toss well in oil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating...the longer the better. Toss to mix before serving. It is delicious with chicken in it or by itself.

mompattie
01-29-2012, 04:52 PM
I let them sit to make sure they are completely cooled off and then I put them in a ziplock back and I have enjoyed them for more than a week. You have to make sure the moisture is gone completely though before you bag them. I often will leave them overnight and then bag them. They are great to have on hand for when you need a quick veggie!

The cabbage salad is super easy:

Dissolve 3 TBSP splenda in 3TBSP hot water. Add 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup (I use a little less) Olive oil, 1/2 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Mix together. Add 8 cups of shredded or chopped cabbage and green onion to taste. Mix and toss well in oil. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before eating...the longer the better. Toss to mix before serving. It is delicious with chicken in it or by itself.
Thanks!! Cabbage salad in fridge!!! Appreciate it!!!

NavyMommy
01-29-2012, 05:01 PM

Yum! Thanks! I have 1/2 a cabbage left from braising earlier, this will be on my list for tomorrow!

DanafromAustin
01-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Morning all.

My scale is up 1.5 today. No apparent reason, but weekends I know I don't drink enough water. I will definitely work on that today. I don't weigh in until Thursday, so I expect som ups and downs...I know I should just stay off the scale.

I had turnip fries last night. I just used coarse salt and pepper and a little oil and baked st 425 for 20 mins.they were good, not crispy, but tasty.

I feel a cold starting. Off to find the oil of oregano and some nice herbal tea!
I always gain weight when I eat turnip fries. Of course it's just some water weight and it's usually gone in a couple of days. I never eat them the night before my WI. ;)

Anyone else that feels like you CAN'T do this, don't listen! YOU CAN DO THIS! If I can do it & stick with it, then you can too! It WILL get better and it FLIES by!

Like I always say, "If I can do this, anyone can." It really is true. This is the only diet that I have stayed on for so long, never cheated and lost this much weight. I've been on every diet known to man - this really is my last diet.

Linden
01-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks Purple Sky :) what frustrates me more is my hubby...he is uber competitive and he WANTS to lose tons more than me it seems...it almost feels like he is subtly rubbing it in my face.

Umm. Males have hormones, too. Just saying.

thin4me
01-29-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone,
I've also been lurking around for a few weeks reading and staying encouraged by all of your successes, but quite frustrated with mine. I've had 3 weigh-ins and lost a whopping total of 6.4 pounds.
Lilmink

I had lost quite slow as well but didn't realize I should be having 8oz of protein at supper time which is a LOT of food. Once I increased my protein it seemed to make a difference, also I tend to break up the 8oz as there is no way I can polish that off in one sitting.

I've started having a cold boiled egg with my lunch and then eat around 6oz of meat at night. I have always spread out my food.

I have my breakfast and a couple hours later I will have my snack (2 cups of veggies), couple hours later my lunch (IP soup) and a couple hours later a bowl of lettuce and a hard boiled egg, supper at home is 2 cups of veggies some lettuce and 6oz of protein, couple hours later my snack (bar or southwestern curls)

alaskastarr
01-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Umm. Males have hormones, too. Just saying.

I say this often enough to a friend...I need to remember it sometimes ;) thanks for that reminder Linden :dizzy:

thin4me
01-29-2012, 06:53 PM
I always find it sort of rediculous that people can just say one bite...
These kind of people bother me. Its like their jealousy comes out... Considering I used to be about 40lbs heavier than she was...

Actually these people may not be trying to sabotage you and may not be jealous. Think back before you went on this diet, would you have thought that one bite would make a difference to someone else, most likely not. This diet is very different considering the sugar can put you out of ketosis, I for one never even heard about ketosis before.

Most people think of a diet is "limiting the number of calories" therefore you could have a bite of cake and take something out of the equation - at least that is where I was coming from prior to learning IP

You are doing really well - keep it up :)

purple sky
01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks Purple Sky :) I am honestly happy with my weight loss, I think what frustrates me more is my hubby...he is uber competitive and he WANTS to lose tons more than me it seems...it almost feels like he is subtly rubbing it in my face. I could possibly be hormonal :D because I've felt like it's that TOM for over a week now without it presenting itself (apparently this program does that to women) so I'm just trying to breathe through it all and keep moving moving moving toward my goal :)

Ah, that was the one thing our coach warned us about before we started. She said that couples are very competitive and men lose more quickly and in larger amounts then women. She warned us.

But, just think about this. Who's cuter? Who is gonna come out of this just looking fabulous in her dresses or jeans or whatever you prefer to wear. The couple thing is hard because you want to be supportive just as you would if you were not doing with them but at the same point there is a little resentment at each weigh in.

I think about the pictures we are going to take (and how many photos I do not have from the last few years or longer. just stopped doing them.) Looking forward to that.

gs463
01-29-2012, 07:31 PM

Remember that men always lose quicker than women. It is just how they are built and their body works. I know it must be very frustraighting. My husband wanted to go on IP with me. It was a bit of a financial burden for both of us and I have alot more weight to lose than he. Honestly, I was also concerned that it would bum me out if he lost more weekly and he is a bit competative too but supportive.

Maybe come clean with your husband and let him know it is bothering you and that this is not a competition. This is for your health and to make a life change in your eating habbit. :)

purple sky
01-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks Navymommy.

I work from home and go in and out to appointments all day, so my food timing is certainly not normal. But my normal day is a cappuccino drink packet around 6:30-7am, sometimes mixed with water, sometimes with 6-8oz decaf coffee.

Around 10:30am a fine herb and cheese omelet packet with 2 cups of mixed veggies. Could be any combo of broccoli, asparagus, red pepper, boc choy, spinach, zucchini, cauliflower. Pretty much whatever veggies are left over from dinner the night before. Veggies are frequently tossed with fresh parsley or basil for flavor and usually made with a good amount of minced garlic.

Around 3-4pm I eat my big meal. 6-8oz of lean red meat, chicken breast, shrimp, scallops, halibut, mahi mahi with 2 cups of veggies or 2 cups of lettuce with lemon, water, mustard seed and a variety of other dried spices.

Around 8pm a chocolate drink packet made in to hot chocolate, which I look forward to all day!

My 2 tsps of olive oil are either all with the veggies, or if needed split partially with the protein. I measure the veggies dry and add the olive oil accordingly to make sure there's 1 tsp per cup.

Usually on Wednesdays I switch out the omelet with the oatmeal and have veggies in the evening, because I have an early meeting and I walk out super hungry and the oatmeal is easy to bring to the office.

And I always drink at least three 750ml jugs of water. Sometimes add in some herbal tea if it's chilly.

There you have it. I'm going to Costa Rica in April for a vacation mostly in a bathing suit and had hoped to drop most of the weight by the end of Feb, but at this pace, it's the end of March at best, not leaving me much time for the next phases.

Thanks

Lilmink, I don't really have suggestions on how to speed this up as I am a slow loser myself. Just keep in mind that sometimes people who are shorter lose weight a little more slower than others. Sometimes it's the amount of weight you have to lose and sometimes it is just your body. It does not want to give up the weight. I don't know if it is realistic to drop most of your goal weight within a 2 month period. It takes time. IP quotes 3-5 pounds per week for a woman but that is an average. I think 2-4 might be more realistic.

All that being said, CA is very expensive. So, I am now seriously thinking about alternatives for down the line, at least the later phases. And per your other post, I agree with others, your coach misses some key points. But, that is what this forum is for. As you spend time on it, you will get tips and ideas from others. For example, some people eat just about the same thing every day in terms of food and IP products. I change it up a bit. The variety seems to help me but that is just me. There are issues with what is termed the Big C and the Big D. Basically, what goes in needs to come out. Some have problems with that. For me, when I started changing things up a bit, it seemed to help. Everyone is different and a little experimentation may yield different results. Some experiment with IP packets. I have not been too successful with that - tummy issues. Some days I can drink Mio. Some days it increases cravings for me so I stop. It took me a while, after reading these boards, trying some things others tried to see what worked for me. Sometimes I find some food, IP and regular that I enjoy and I think I can eat this everyday but my body might not react well so for a while I have to change to some food that my taste buds are not screaming for.

As well, I have also noticed that sometimes when you stop thinking about weight and the pounds and the numbers and how they are going up or down or stalling, the weight just leaves. I don't know if it is your body messing with you or stress or what. You have done well so far, including your pre-IP loss. I, too, lost pre-IP and my initial weight loss was s/w underwhelming. Even my coach commented. But, after I was miffed and crabby, I got back on the scale that weekend and liked what I saw. My weekly WI's below don't reflect it but my weight loss has actually been very consistent based on what I had seen at home. I have to wait 2-4 days to see a pound leave and that is just me. It could even slow down. I hope it doesn't but it took a while to get the weight on. And it has most definitely been hanging around too long. So, I am like, 'leave already'. But, summer will come...

Sorry I went on and on but at my height it took me a while to understand that I will almost certainly fall below the national averages. Hang in there. You are doing awesome. Costa Rica, here you come.

ipsbest4me
01-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a 58 year old mom of 2 and grandma of 4 and have had issues with weight since I was 10 years old. I've had success taking off lots of weight lots of times and been more successful putting it all right back on, always with a few more pounds to boot. I have some issues with high blood pressure and hyperthyroidism...yes hyper not hypo....and 2 years ago my metabolism went into overdrive and the weight fell off but the levels have come down a bit and the weight, plus more, is back.

I had sort of decided that I was going to go to WW until I was at my hair salon and saw that the owner seemed to have lost quite a bit of weight. I asked my stylist what she was doing and she told me, Ideal Protein. I hadn't heard of it before so came home and started to research it, which led me here where I've been ever since (maybe a bit obsessively even).

I started on IP on Jan 25 so this is my 5th day. I will never cheat as for me it's usually all or nothing. I haven't had much trouble til today and I am SO HUNGRY and have been most of the day.

The support on this forum and the weight loss successes are incredible and have kept me going today. There's so much positive encouragement and kindness that I think that anybody that came here could reach their goals, simply because of it and I feel blessed to have found it. Thank you to each of you.

New Englander
01-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and thought I would introduce myself. I'm a 58 year old mom of 2 and grandma of 4 and have had issues with weight since I was 10 years old. I've had success taking off lots of weight lots of times and been more successful putting it all right back on, always with a few more pounds to boot. I have some issues with high blood pressure and hyperthyroidism...yes hyper not hypo....and 2 years ago my metabolism went into overdrive and the weight fell off but the levels have come down a bit and the weight, plus more, is back.

I had sort of decided that I was going to go to WW until I was at my hair salon and saw that the owner seemed to have lost quite a bit of weight. I asked my stylist what she was doing and she told me, Ideal Protein. I hadn't heard of it before so came home and started to research it, which led me here where I've been ever since (maybe a bit obsessively even).

I started on IP on Jan 25 so this is my 5th day. I will never cheat as for me it's usually all or nothing. I haven't had much trouble til today and I am SO HUNGRY and have been most of the day.

The support on this forum and the weight loss successes are incredible and have kept me going today. There's so much positive encouragement and kindness that I think that anybody that came here could reach their goals, simply because of it and I feel blessed to have found it. Thank you to each of you.
Welcome!

New Englander
01-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks Navymommy.

Thanks
It really looks like you're doing a bang up job! The only suggestion I have is to decrease your EVOO (extra virgin Olive Oil) from 2 tsp to 1 tsp per day. (My clinic says I should have 1-2 so I stick with 1 to speed things up). Check out veggies that are low car...(I have no clue which ones are and would have to google it..) I can only guess that celery and cucumbers are. So, if they are..try eating two cups of those for at least one meal a day...that should help!!! I know I want this over ASAP and try to minimize as much as I can!!! good luck!!! and let us know how it goes!

patns
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Actually the opposite with the olive oil worked for me. I wasn't getting in the 2 tsp. When I make sure to get it in I lose much better.

Linden
01-29-2012, 08:12 PM
It really looks like you're doing a bang up job! The only suggestion I have is to decrease your EVOO (extra virgin Olive Oil) from 2 tsp to 1 tsp per day. (My clinic says I should have 1-2 so I stick with 1 to speed things up). Check out veggies that are low car...(I have no clue which ones are and would have to google it..) I can only guess that celery and cucumbers are. So, if they are..try eating two cups of those for at least one meal a day...that should help!!! I know I want this over ASAP and try to minimize as much as I can!!! good luck!!! and let us know how it goes!

Please. Please don't decrease your oil. If anything, increase it. A little research might help here, for your own sakes -- not because I'm trying to be the teacher and asking you to look it up.

wuv2bloved
01-29-2012, 08:32 PM

Another Lurker coming out....awesome!!!...Welcome and congrats on making one of the best decisions in your life starting IP!!.....

I have more than the 2tsp of olive oil a day, I eat it on my cucumbers every day along with rice vinegar, mrs dash, red peeper flakes, splenda, onion flakes and creole seasoning...its quiet yummy. I don't measure it I jsut pour it honestly, not like a cup or anything but I would say its probably like 1/8 cup or so

Momto2cs
01-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Too little fat can also make potential hair loss worse...

Tammywhiz
01-29-2012, 08:53 PM

Hi Emkay,

I am starting my 4th week and experienced no loss at all on the 2nd weigh in. 3rd weigh in showed -4 lbs though, so I say stick with it and don't dwell on the scale too much. 11 lbs for me since the beginning and I am a slow loser.

Hang in there !:cheer:

patns
01-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Yes I am beginning to think the olive oil allottment is a secret weapon against fat.

tenniels
01-29-2012, 10:10 PM
I have been away from my computer and just caught up on the weekend thread. Way to go to everyone who had inch and weight loss!! I very much appreciate all the tips & tricks and words of wisdom that come out on these boards, so thanks everyone for participating. I have a weigh in tomorrow, but judging from my home scale, my weight loss has slowed :( My first weigh in was -4.6lbs and the second -4.2lbs. My scale isn't showing much of a difference in numbers, so I'm feeling frustrated. I feel like I'm losing so slowly compared to everyone else. I know I need to have a little more patience and let the program work its magic. Hope you all are having a great Sunday evening.

Momto2cs
01-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Don't worry. The loss will come. Try to stay away from the scale except on weigh in days. I know, it sounds good but is hard to do!

mlseward
01-29-2012, 10:23 PM
out shopping today I found sugar free sweet pickles and margerita flavored crystal light! Ob boy I feel like a kid at christmas, finally made it in to onderland lol now I just have tog et my hands on some size 14 jeans.... ohhhhhh can't wait till I can try some on!

wuv2bloved
01-29-2012, 10:25 PM
hope everyone has had an awesome weekend. I went shopping(looking) and fit in size 22's both in shirts and pants....WOOHOO!!!!.....I did buy a pair of "skinny" size 22's that were tapered on the legs so these should last me through my next 50lbs, then I will be in a 20 or so........weird going in and looking at smaller sizes, stuff I liked was only in the bigger sizes...haha....I can remember 9 months ago when I couldn't even fit into some 30/32's!....amazing is all I am going to say with a BIG SMILE!!!

mrsmurphy
01-29-2012, 10:26 PM
What a terrible weekend i've had.... I went to Lancaster to visit my great aunt who just got out of the hospital. She needed some help around the house so my aunt and i went to help her for the weekend. We left right after i got out of work on friday and didn't get in until about 830. When we got there she had lunch meat, cheeses and rolls, typical "doma breakfast" an italian thing. Anyways, i left all my stuff, OP stuff in my car and forgot to bring it with me. I got to her house and was starving. I had a few pieces of turkey lunch meat, she had no lettuce, no veggies, nothing I could possibly eat in her fridge that would count as a veggie. I was so disappointed. I had a few slices of turkey lunch meat and went to bed. The following day wasn't so bad, i woke up and my aunt took me to walmart to get some stuff i could eat. But, today was bad again, I didn't wake up until 12, we were out shopping all day. I got a spinach salad from subway and a protein bar later in the day. Just got home now and had a 2c of veggies and some chicken. I did the best i could i guess. I was all out of whack all weekend. I felt terrible... all i can do is move forward, i suppose. I did weigh myself, i didn't lose or gain this week so I feel like it was a week wasted. I"m just disappointed!! I could have prepared better.... you live and learn i guess!!

mlseward
01-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Also want to add this forum is a life saver! though I get hungry every time I read it the encouragment you all have for each other is amazing!
((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))

nikkib
01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Good Morning All!

Yesterday was WI#2 for me and I lost 3 more pounds! Before I was weighed, my couch told me my face was getting thinner. I always show there first, gaining or losing. I told my husband what she said. He looked me over and said, "Yep, your flappers are gone". I said "What?!" and he said, motioning to his chin - "You know those things - jowls." Ain't love grand?

Bahahaha:lol: That sounds like something my DH would say!! They are the biggest dorks sometimes.

nikkib
01-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I had been keeping my protein choices to ultralow fat and my losses are very slow. I noticed lately I had a loss after the occassional meal my hubby makes on the BBQ, steak and pork chops. I realized your body needs a bit of fat once in awhile to lose weight. Maybe you could give it a shot. But that said I don't really like prime rib, I find it too fatty.

Pat

I noticed the same thing too. I have been eating chicken and fish every night with beef 1 time a week. I started rotating chicken, fish, beef every day and I think this has seemed to help this week.

patns
01-29-2012, 10:36 PM
What a terrible weekend i've had.... I went to Lancaster to visit my great aunt who just got out of the hospital. She needed some help around the house so my aunt and i went to help her for the weekend. We left right after i got out of work on friday and didn't get in until about 830. When we got there she had lunch meat, cheeses and rolls, typical "doma breakfast" an italian thing. Anyways, i left all my stuff, OP stuff in my car and forgot to bring it with me. I got to her house and was starving. I had a few pieces of turkey lunch meat, she had no lettuce, no veggies, nothing I could possibly eat in her fridge that would count as a veggie. I was so disappointed. I had a few slices of turkey lunch meat and went to bed. The following day wasn't so bad, i woke up and my aunt took me to walmart to get some stuff i could eat. But, today was bad again, I didn't wake up until 12, we were out shopping all day. I got a spinach salad from subway and a protein bar later in the day. Just got home now and had a 2c of veggies and some chicken. I did the best i could i guess. I was all out of whack all weekend. I felt terrible... all i can do is move forward, i suppose. I did weigh myself, i didn't lose or gain this week so I feel like it was a week wasted. I"m just disappointed!! I could have prepared better.... you live and learn i guess!!

I'd say you did incredibly well under the circumstances. You are not off track at all.

Pat

tenniels
01-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Don't worry. The loss will come. Try to stay away from the scale except on weigh in days. I know, it sounds good but is hard to do!

Yes this is something I need to do. I get very obesessed with the daily numbers on my scale, and then it dictates my mood for the day. No loss or a spike in the numbers and I feel like crap all day! I have my weigh in tomorrow and then I think this week I will put the scale away and just follow program. The numbers start to mess with my mind!

And Wuv - congrats on the NS shopping victory! Buying such smaller sizes is very exciting :) Really love your new picture too, you look fab!

Momto2cs
01-29-2012, 10:58 PM
The number on the scale gets to me too. I know that it eventually has to go down if I stay op...but why does it have to be so slow?!
I then start obsessing that maybe this is a satisfactory weight for me, but I am so close to seeing a 14 on the scale agin and I want it!

Lilmink
01-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Lilmink, I don't really have suggestions on how to speed this up as I am a slow loser myself. Just keep in mind that sometimes people who are shorter lose weight a little more slower than others. Sometimes it's the amount of weight you have to lose and sometimes it is just your body. It does not want to give up the weight. I don't know if it is realistic to drop most of your goal weight within a 2 month period. It takes time. IP quotes 3-5 pounds per week for a woman but that is an average. I think 2-4 might be more realistic.

All that being said, CA is very expensive. So, I am now seriously thinking about alternatives for down the line, at least the later phases. And per your other post, I agree with others, your coach misses some key points. But, that is what this forum is for. As you spend time on it, you will get tips and ideas from others. For example, some people eat just about the same thing every day in terms of food and IP products. I change it up a bit. The variety seems to help me but that is just me. There are issues with what is termed the Big C and the Big D. Basically, what goes in needs to come out. Some have problems with that. For me, when I started changing things up a bit, it seemed to help. Everyone is different and a little experimentation may yield different results. Some experiment with IP packets. I have not been too successful with that - tummy issues. Some days I can drink Mio. Some days it increases cravings for me so I stop. It took me a while, after reading these boards, trying some things others tried to see what worked for me. Sometimes I find some food, IP and regular that I enjoy and I think I can eat this everyday but my body might not react well so for a while I have to change to some food that my taste buds are not screaming for.

As well, I have also noticed that sometimes when you stop thinking about weight and the pounds and the numbers and how they are going up or down or stalling, the weight just leaves. I don't know if it is your body messing with you or stress or what. You have done well so far, including your pre-IP loss. I, too, lost pre-IP and my initial weight loss was s/w underwhelming. Even my coach commented. But, after I was miffed and crabby, I got back on the scale that weekend and liked what I saw. My weekly WI's below don't reflect it but my weight loss has actually been very consistent based on what I had seen at home. I have to wait 2-4 days to see a pound leave and that is just me. It could even slow down. I hope it doesn't but it took a while to get the weight on. And it has most definitely been hanging around too long. So, I am like, 'leave already'. But, summer will come...

Sorry I went on and on but at my height it took me a while to understand that I will almost certainly fall below the national averages. Hang in there. You are doing awesome. Costa Rica, here you come.

Thank you for the pep talk. I needed that. I should be over joyed with 2 lbs per week, as that never happened when I did WW or have tried it on my own. But I was just hoping for more and feeling whiny last night :)

I ordered the hot cocoa from Nashua today and that will save me about $20-30 per week. Making it hurt a little less. One other weird thing I have noticed is when I step on the scale in the morning, the days I lose weight I've had a vivid nightmare the night before. It happened twice this week and I lost a pound each time. And it happened once last week and I lost .8 the next day. It's so weird!

Don't you sometimes feel like just because we are in Ca they feel they have reason to charge more? I can't imagine they pay any more than anyone else. Do you pay for weigh ins as well? We pay $15.

Marcella
01-29-2012, 11:13 PM
I was on the IP for three weeks and lost 10 lbs and over 22". On Friday I decided to switch over to the ProtiDiet products because they were $15 instead of $27. So far I do like the IP products better but I can get use to the Proti no problem at that cost difference. I lucked out and found a nutritionist 5 minutes away from my house and she is allowing me to just purchase the products and not see her. Well my friend goes to her so she is just doing me a favour. I only use the products for my protein because I follow a vegan diet. There is no way I get 90 gr of protein a day. I get between 60 and 70. Is that not healthy or does it allow you to lose weight at a slower pace? Also what constitutes if a products is restricted or not? I downloaded the list from here but some products are not on it. Another question is I eat green, green, green veggie's only. I cook them because of my sensitive stomach issues and I eat four pkgs of protein a day. I drink 10-12 glasses of water EVERY day. Why the heck am I constipated all the time? I always have to take something to make me go.

Marcella
01-29-2012, 11:27 PM
OOps yet another question...I didn't purchase any drinks from ProtiDiet thinking they would not really quench my "appetite" like a bar would but they are non restricted and the bars are....am I incorrect here in thinking this?....and would my weight drop a bit quicker since I have a bar every day? Sorry but at about 3 pm I get hungry and the bar works well for me. But if you say the drinks do make you feel full I will go buy them. Thanks

Momto2cs
01-29-2012, 11:38 PM
The general consensus is that only having unrestricted packets does not make losses any faster.

I find the puddings made into lattes (mixed with tea or coffee) are more filling than the bars, but bars are convenient.

Lilmink
01-29-2012, 11:46 PM
OOps yet another question...I didn't purchase any drinks from ProtiDiet thinking they would not really quench my "appetite" like a bar would but they are non restricted and the bars are....am I incorrect here in thinking this?....and would my weight drop a bit quicker since I have a bar every day? Sorry but at about 3 pm I get hungry and the bar works well for me. But if you say the drinks do make you feel full I will go buy them. Thanks

I'm a huge fan of the hot cocoa. I make it with about 12oz of water so it's more substantial and it's so sweet anyway I'd rather have extra liquid. I usually have it an hour or two before bed, but have stopped waking up starving. Not sure a glass of lemonade or the other drinks would feel the same.

Marcella
01-29-2012, 11:47 PM
The general consensus is that only having unrestricted packets does not make losses any faster.

I find the puddings made into lattes (mixed with tea or coffee) are more filling than the bars, but bars are convenient.
Thanks Momto2cs. So then it doesn't matter really if we have restricted or not? Are you talking about the puddings in the packages? I'm not a coffee drinker nor a tea drinker but this seems interesting. Can I make a herbal tea and add just the package of pudding to it?? Am I correct here? Thank you

Marcella
01-29-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm a huge fan of the hot cocoa. I make it with about 12oz of water so it's more substantial and it's so sweet anyway I'd rather have extra liquid. I usually have it an hour or two before bed, but have stopped waking up starving. Not sure a glass of lemonade or the other drinks would feel the same.
Thanks Lilmink I will give it a try and yes I was actually thinking more of the cold drinks. I feel like they would be a waste somehow because it's only more water, but flavoured. LOL Stupid thinking on my part but that's how my brain is thinking. LOL

Lilmink
01-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks Lilmink I will give it a try and yes I was actually thinking more of the cold drinks. I feel like they would be a waste somehow because it's only more water, but flavoured. LOL Stupid thinking on my part but that's how my brain is thinking. LOL

No, I don't think it's stupid at all. So much of this is fooling the brain. I am more full if I put 2 cups of broccoli in the broccoli and cheese soup than if I drink the soup and have the broccoli on the side. It makes no sense, but I feel like I've had a more hearty meal. And I'm more full if I have an omelet packet with 2 cups of veg than a soup packet with 2 cups of veggies. Same amount of protein, fat and carbs. No logic. I'm slowly figuring things out and you will too. This will be my 4th weigh-in. :dizzy:

Marcella
01-30-2012, 12:12 AM
No, I don't think it's stupid at all. So much of this is fooling the brain. I am more full if I put 2 cups of broccoli in the broccoli and cheese soup than if I drink the soup and have the broccoli on the side. It makes no sense, but I feel like I've had a more hearty meal. And I'm more full if I have an omelet packet with 2 cups of veg than a soup packet with 2 cups of veggies. Same amount of protein, fat and carbs. No logic. I'm slowly figuring things out and you will too. This will be my 4th weigh-in. :dizzy:
Hahahahahaha thank God it's not just me Lilmink. One thing I do know is that since I began this journey, January 4 this year (my mom's birthday) I have NEVER put a single crumb in my mouth that was against the IP protocol and I do feel good about that. I will definitely be trying the Hot cocoa when I go back. Thanks very much.