Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 1/27/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 1/27/12

wuv2bloved
01-27-2012, 05:14 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

purple sky
01-27-2012, 06:03 AM
Good Morning, everyone. I am back to bed soon. I know some of you will be up soon.

I cracked up at my WI yesterday. The scale read 150.0. Yes, exactly 150. Nothing more. Nothing less. I have lost just over 10 lbs this month, so I am pretty pleased. Will see what month 2 holds.

I have also enjoyed a few more "skinny mornings" but mostly in the arm and upper body. Not a whole lot is happening in my hip and thigh areas and I suspect they may be stubborn for a while. When I was younger, I ALWAYS carried weight in my hips, rarely in my tummy and other areas but that of course changed. Wearing the same jeans but there is a little more give. I feel like I am down a shirt size but have not tested the waters yet.

Well, have a wonderful Friday with wonderful weigh in's, NSV's, and positive support even if you have to generate it yourself.

Sometimes we just have to have a sit down with ourselves because no one else can provide the answers we truly want. Others try. They mean well but they don't always cut it and with topsy turvy hormonal stuff going on, it's hard to say if we will even hear it correctly. "So, self....:hug:"

...nite.

idealpromom
01-27-2012, 07:11 AM
morning everyone... happy friday. Lucky me, I get to work a 12.5 hour shift today ughhh
question.... for the first time in 14 weeks, I forgot to have a protein before bed - had a stomach ache and went to bed early. My stomach is growling this morning, wonder if that is why. Did I hurt anything by not having it?

idealpromom
01-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Sometimes we just have to have a sit down with ourselves because no one else can provide the answers we truly want. Others try. They mean well but they don't always cut it and with topsy turvy hormonal stuff going on, it's hard to say if we will even hear it correctly. "So, self...."

that is wonderful and so true! we have to take care of every part of "us" thanks for this!

sandralosingweight
01-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Feeling sick today and I am scared since I've read from many saying how hard it is to stay OP while sick, but I am determined there is nothing stopping me

uolecrab
01-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Good Friday morning. I had a close one last night as I was somehow so hungry I was ready to grab something that we are not suppose to eat. I didn't have enough protein at dinner which was stupid to do so I grabbed some more protein and drank some water and PHEW made it thru that.
I do both the IP packets and alternate products but all I kept telling myself on how much money I've spent to obtain all these products and how I don't want this to be a failed diet again. It worked!!
So HAPPY FRIDAY to all and have a great weekend!!!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-27-2012, 07:55 AM
So I've been thinking and I want to start doing some cardio. Even though it might not allow for bigger losses, should I go for it? Of course I would have protein before going out and walking or running, but waiting until I'm done with IP to work on my running goals seems like a tough thing to do (at least for me- because when I want to do something I like to do it as soon as I physically can).

AussieonIP
01-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Morning All,

Had a great first day, felt a little tired and a afternoon nap was needed, but 100% on play, feeling a little light headed this morning, but the chocolate shake and a shot of coffee had done the trick!

Happy OP IP Day!

Cheers/S....

Ducksmy
01-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!
OP day # 5,First weigh in tomarrow 10 am. I am so excited! While this danged old cold has been whipping my butt, I have stayed OP. And that my friends is because of you guys! Love and peace being sent to each of you!
:grouphug:

starry1672
01-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Feeling sick today and I am scared since I've read from many saying how hard it is to stay OP while sick, but I am determined there is nothing stopping me

I was lightheaded and nauseas on day 2-4. I woke up on day 5 feeling fantastic! You can do it, just know that it will pass in a few days and you will feel great :)

NavyMommy
01-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Ok....read through ALL the pages *gasp* and it took FOREVER....so with that in mind I certainly understand what Wuv is saying ;) I'll keep in mind all of that. There was a lot going on today and I am learning sooo much. I have a question though and hope someone can help me :o I am going to try the magnesium citrate because the novi lax is not helping...should I still take the novi lax tonight?

I know this is from yesterday, but if those don't work for you try Miralax. It works wonders. I haven't had to take it yet this time, but for some reason I really needed it when I was on IP last fall. It just holds on to the water in your stomach and makes things easier. Bonus, no color / taste so you can mix it in whatever you want.

morning everyone... happy friday. Lucky me, I get to work a 12.5 hour shift today ughhh
question.... for the first time in 14 weeks, I forgot to have a protein before bed - had a stomach ache and went to bed early. My stomach is growling this morning, wonder if that is why. Did I hurt anything by not having it?

You didn't do any long term damage, but you shouldn't make a habit out of it. There have been a few times I've fallen asleep on the couch (and once when I ate bad sushi and didn't feel well) that I haven't gotten my evening protein in. If you make a habit out of it it will start to impact your progress.

:( Feeling sick how? Stomach bug, cold, or just carb withdraws? When I had a cold I probably got all my water in the form of hot herbal tea which really helped with the sinuses. And for stomach bugs, hot peppermint tea or hot ginger tea (which you can make yourself from a ginger root), really help to alleviate the nausea. I've also read of some people making OP chicken soup. I hope you feel better!! :hug:

Lorilou
01-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning everyone! I have my WI today and am excited to see the results of my hard work. Good luck to everyone else who has WIs today. To those still struggeling, take it one meal at a time. You can do this, you are worth it and you will feel so much better about yourself for when you know you are doing what you need to do to become healthy again! I had a great NSV yeaterday. I tried on some shirts that would not come close to buttoning 4 weeks ago and now they actually button and are a little loose in some arease. This diet is truly a miracle!

Ducksmy
01-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Sandralosingweight- you can do this! I have been sick all week and while it has been a struggle it can be done, rest, drink plenty of H2O and you got this!
Lorilou-I am SO happy for you! Way to go! Good luck with your WI, I can't wait till clothes feel big on me! You are such an inspiration!
Wuv- Thanks for all you do, I am so happy to have found you and this site!!!
:heart:

mamacitaof2
01-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Good Morning everyone! I'm excited to say I've made it to my first mini goal! 10% of my starting weight!!! Reaching that first goal gives me a whole new high and even more determination to stay strong and OP!

Purple Sky - I am also heavier in my lower half and have seen very little progress in my hips and thighs. Even though I've lost 24lbs, I am still wearing the same pants. Yes, they are a little loose, but not quite enough to move down a size. My shirts on the other hand could get a little smaller. I feel like I'm wearing a tent this morning!

Hope everyone has a great OP day. I won't be on much today. Busy cleaning house (again) today. Going through closets this time. Yuck.

TatiN
01-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Okay, time to restart again! It's so difficult to restart, I got really sick after starting again in Nov and then the holidays came, but I don't have time for excuses, this is going to be the last time I start from 0!

MustangMolly
01-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy Friday! Of course if you work on the weekends Friday doesn't mean much does it? Since I don't get on the internet much at home I will be missing everyone's support over the weekend. I hope everyone has a successful weekend and has lots of NSV's to share on Monday. I'm focused on the NSV's right now because my scale isn't moving this week. Maybe I'm do a visit from the woosh fairy soon.
:wizard:

Chuckles1330
01-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone! WI#2 tomorrow - don't know if I'm excited or scared. As tough as the first few days of week 1 were, this week has had challenges too - I'm still getting hungry between meals - funny though, the "temptation" challenges haven't phased me too much. Today is the monthly "Birthday" day at work, so fruit, donuts, cheddar popcorn, big cookie, etc in the kitchen, and I barely glanced at it when I made my tea this morning. This weekend I'm going to focus on organization and menu planning, so next week will be easier. Plus I'm going to follow the advice of breaking up the veggies a bit so I can have a "snack" mid-day.
Happy Friday Everyone! :hug: :hug: to those who need it; :cheer: :cheer: to those who deserve them! :)

wyo1963
01-27-2012, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone! WI#2 tomorrow - don't know if I'm excited or scared. As tough as the first few days of week 1 were, this week has had challenges too - I'm still getting hungry between meals - funny though, the "temptation" challenges haven't phased me too much. Today is the monthly "Birthday" day at work, so fruit, donuts, cheddar popcorn, big cookie, etc in the kitchen, and I barely glanced at it when I made my tea this morning. This weekend I'm going to focus on organization and menu planning, so next week will be easier. Plus I'm going to follow the advice of breaking up the veggies a bit so I can have a "snack" mid-day.
Happy Friday Everyone! :hug: :hug: to those who need it; :cheer: :cheer: to those who deserve them! :)

Break out the lettuce and munch down when a hunger isn't diminished by water or water MIO or what ever drink you are using! The munching on crispy stuff works for my hunger thoughts.:D

birdie86509
01-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Hello everyone-I am restarting my IP diet today. I lost 30 pounds the first time, but have regained 20. I read through your Friday posts and am inspired! I am doing it on my own this time with alternate products--I just can't spend as much as I did the first time, and I'm hoping that with the support of this forum, I will be able to do it and keep it off this time. Have a wonderful weekend!

omgzitsmiranda
01-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Hello everyone-I am restarting my IP diet today. I lost 30 pounds the first time, but have regained 20. I read through your Friday posts and am inspired! I am doing it on my own this time with alternate products--I just can't spend as much as I did the first time, and I'm hoping that with the support of this forum, I will be able to do it and keep it off this time. Have a wonderful weekend!

Alternatives are ALL I use and I'm having pretty good results :) You CAN do this! You have our support :)

How much are you looking to lose this time around?

bigpassport
01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi there. I am starting a two-week roboot today so I thought I'd join you. I lost 30 lbs on IP from May to August last year. I'm only up a few lbs, but my coach recommends an annual reeboot to get the pancreas back in tip top shape. Today is Day 1! Thought I'd hang out with you guys on the daily thread for my little journey. Honestly, I'm nervous about being hungry:( Have a great day everyone.

wyo1963
01-27-2012, 10:31 AM
good morning everyone- good night sleep tight to the night shifters! I have been doing well, get tired sooner in the evenings than I used to. Ready for bed around 7:45! Mornings are supper, especially after I take the B-12!Wondering if that is something others found happening. I am 17 days OP. 191 to start and 176 now. It is really nice, on the way to work yesterday I felt better than I have in 4 years! Nice NSV, to feel energized again!

wyo1963
01-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi there. I am starting a two-week roboot today so I thought I'd join you. I lost 30 lbs on IP from May to August last year. I'm only up a few lbs, but my coach recommends an annual reeboot to get the pancreas back in tip top shape. Today is Day 1! Thought I'd hang out with you guys on the daily thread for my little journey. Honestly, I'm nervous about being hungry:( Have a great day everyone.

Well, Welcome back! Lettuce Lettuce Lettuce! You can do it. Remember the light at the end of the tunnel! My gram always said "This to shall pass":D

wyo1963
01-27-2012, 10:39 AM

Welcom back! i am doing this on my own as well. This place is a big help to me! You know it works for you, so how exciting! Did you start excersing? I do 20 minutes a day, not heavy, but it seems to help me. My joints feel good, and I feel more flexible. :carrot:Good luck and glad you're hanging with us!:hug:

lingereverywhere
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Good morning everyone, happy Friday! Oh, I didn't give myself enough sleep last night :( I'm such a night owl and love sitting up late and I do it even though I know all about how that can sabotage weight loss (among other things). So I'm holding myself accountable here to help myself work on this.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and those of you who are feeling sick feel better surprisingly fast :)

lingereverywhere
01-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Nice NSV, to feel energized again!

I know right? The energy thing has been a huge shock (and delight) to me -- major motivator to stay on track. I've had horrible illness-related fatigue for almost all my adult life and while this program hasn't completely fixed that, it feels to me like the pilot light's been cleaned out (if one does that to pilot lights?) and switched on again. This is one of the things I had to experience myself before I could ever believe it.

sandralosingweight
01-27-2012, 10:53 AM
I was lightheaded and nauseas on day 2-4. I woke up on day 5 feeling fantastic! You can do it, just know that it will pass in a few days and you will feel great :)

It is not related to being OP, it is a flu or a cold, not the normal symptoms that usually others get while they start this program.

Anyway, I really feel sick and would love to make myself a chicken soup tonight using my protein allowance for supper and my 2 cups of veggies. Anyone knows if the chicken stock cubes such as Knorr or anything else similar to it are ok?

Please let me know, waiting for your reply.

sandralosingweight
01-27-2012, 10:58 AM
:( Feeling sick how? Stomach bug, cold, or just carb withdraws? When I had a cold I probably got all my water in the form of hot herbal tea which really helped with the sinuses. And for stomach bugs, hot peppermint tea or hot ginger tea (which you can make yourself from a ginger root), really help to alleviate the nausea. I've also read of some people making OP chicken soup. I hope you feel better!! :hug:[/QUOTE]

Feeling sick with a cold or flu (never really got to know the difference between these two as the symptoms are usually similar).

I am doing exactly that: drinking hot green tea now, I will pass by the mall to pick up some other sorts of herbal teas as well to prepare.

I want to prepare myself a totally 100% OP chicken soup, but as I already asked and hope to know if I can use the chicken stock cube for making it, not sure if I can as I don't know the nutritional value of it. Or maybe if someone can tell me if I can use the chicken soup base they usually sell at the dollar store, the yellow powder one.

Waiting for your replies.

Thank you.

cajunladybug22
01-27-2012, 11:08 AM

I'm starting my reboot on Tuesday (P1 anyway)! We can do this together. :)

Wuv....way to go, woman! You're doing awesome, look great, and I"m proud of you!

As for me...just gearing up for my reboot. I went on maintenance in August, but have gained about 8lbs back from not being prepared with healthy snacks/food over the holidays. Here's to getting those 8 off, and being the healthiest person I can be. :)

Momto2cs
01-27-2012, 11:14 AM
You should be able to find a sugar free chicken bullion powder.

Otherwise just season with dried herbs, curry powder, whatever you like!! Cook the chicken and veggies into soup and use the flavourings that appeal to you. Oxo cubes are mostly salt, so make sure to add some sea salt if you decide not to use one!

Many low carb diets include chicken broth in the induction phase as a way to get in electrolytes.

DanafromAustin
01-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Purple Sky - I am also heavier in my lower half and have seen very little progress in my hips and thighs. Even though I've lost 24lbs, I am still wearing the same pants. Yes, they are a little loose, but not quite enough to move down a size. My shirts on the other hand could get a little smaller. I feel like I'm wearing a tent this morning!

I loose the same way, from the top down. My face down to my waist area look a lot thinner. I always have bigger thighs, even when I use to weigh 120 pounds. Of course I'm loosing inches all over, but I can tell my thighs are going to be the last things to go.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and congrats to all of those who had good WIs today.

bludolphin
01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

MustangMolly
01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
I loose the same way, from the top down. My face down to my waist area look a lot thinner. I always have bigger thighs, even when I use to weigh 120 pounds. Of course I'm loosing inches all over, but I can tell my thighs are going to be the last things to go.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and congrats to all of those who had good WIs today.

I have the same thing going on. I have lost 25 pounds and although I have gone down one size in pants..it is all in the waist. My hips and thighs have not gotten a bit smaller. I, too, have always had big thighs. Are we related Dana??? LOL Same height, same weight, same goal, same way of losing from the sounds of it.

MustangMolly
01-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

BLU, so happy to see you back on the boards. Happy Friday to you too!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-27-2012, 11:24 AM
So my aunt has to go to school, but she wanted me to ask about this. I am quoting from what she said on AIM.

after i took (i dont remember which one) my evening batch
i got SEVERE nausea
like being stabbed
/chest/stomach pain
and it lasted all through the night
):
i am actually taking the IP supplements
not a knock off
it was my first time feeling like that

So she was wondering what that was and if there was anything she could take or eat to make it go away if it happens again.

NavyMommy
01-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Sandra - I actually don't know, I would just check the ingredients in them carefully. As long as there aren't any hidden sugars you should be okay. I just checked the box I have (Herbox) and the second ingredient is sweetener (sugar / sorbitol) it says. I like the PP idea of making it yourself. It wouldn't be hard and you could control everything that goes in it.

That's how I'm losing too! It's so funny, I feel like I'm melting sometimes because my face is skinnier, I have collarbones again, and my stomach looks good down to about my bellybutton. Anxious to see some results in the butt/ thigh area!

sandralosingweight
01-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Oh! and another question: do you measure your herbs and count them as in your veggie allowance? I mean stuff like parsely, mint, thyme, etc.

idealpromom
01-27-2012, 11:44 AM
okay everyone - totally having a "dumb moment"... need your help !
I have cooked cabbage which measures 200 g...... does that mean i have 2 c of raw cabbage? (it says that 1 c of raw cabbage weighs 89g)
omg thank goodness it is friday !

omgzitsmiranda
01-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Oh! and another question: do you measure your herbs and count them as in your veggie allowance? I mean stuff like parsely, mint, thyme, etc.

I don't, just like I don't measure my garlic; but I don't use a whole bottle of any of it lol.

rokkerchik20
01-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Good Morning IP family!

Today is my weigh in and am feeling pretty good about it - I have made sure not to go near my scale at home bc i know it will drive me crazy! - i dont expect a huge weight loss - but i feel the inches (thats how it was the last time, not much weight but tons of inches)

On another note - My Sisters wedding is in just over a month - Yikes! I need to tone up my arms for this sleeveless bridesmaid dress - Do you think if i start doing some weights (no cardio) & Push Ups? it wouldnt affect my diet?
Or i was thinking about using my elliptical just lightly, mostly in the arms??

birdie86509
01-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote: Alternatives are ALL I use and I'm having pretty good results You CAN do this! You have our support

How much are you looking to lose this time around?
OMGZITSMIRANDA: I am just learning how to use this site, so I don't know how to respond directly to a post. I would love to lose 20 to 30 pounds this time around. My doctor would like me to lose between 15 and 25 pounds to be in the best range considering my strong family history of heart disease and strokes. So I set out again. I am so happy you wrote, I was a little concerned about how the alternatives would compare with the regular IP packets. I am currently planning on using mostly Lindora packets and I was also able to find some EAS AdvantEDGE carb control premixed drinks at Walmart. Any other suggestions?

My plan for today is packet and coffee for breakfast, packet and salad with cut up veggies for lunch, crock pot beef with salad and veggies for dinner and a premix for dinner. I tend to forget the evening packet, but I know it is important, so I will leave a premix by my bed so I'll remember. Thanks all!

Bellamack
01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Good Morning, everyone. I am back to bed soon. I know some of you will be up soon.

I cracked up at my WI yesterday. The scale read 150.0. Yes, exactly 150. Nothing more. Nothing less. I have lost just over 10 lbs this month, so I am pretty pleased. Will see what month 2 holds.

I have also enjoyed a few more "skinny mornings" but mostly in the arm and upper body. Not a whole lot is happening in my hip and thigh areas and I suspect they may be stubborn for a while. When I was younger, I ALWAYS carried weight in my hips, rarely in my tummy and other areas but that of course changed. Wearing the same jeans but there is a little more give. I feel like I am down a shirt size but have not tested the waters yet.

Well, have a wonderful Friday with wonderful weigh in's, NSV's, and positive support even if you have to generate it yourself.

Sometimes we just have to have a sit down with ourselves because no one else can provide the answers we truly want. Others try. They mean well but they don't always cut it and with topsy turvy hormonal stuff going on, it's hard to say if we will even hear it correctly. "So, self....:hug:"

...nite.

You are doing fantastic!

massconfusion84
01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Just wanted to thanks to all the people who had kind words for me yesterday. It was a baaad day. Today is my weigh in. I am not expecting a loss even though I stayed 100% OP. I weighed myself this morning and the scale hasnt moved. Maybe next week I will have a big "woosh" moment

Bellamack
01-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey my Alternative peeps, I posted this yesterday, so ignore it if you saw it. I ordered (from Diet Direct) some Wonderslim Hazelnut Cocoa Creme Pudding and I really like it. I also have some Cheesecake pudding (maybe from Protidiet) that I like with a little Walden Farms SF blueberry jelly on top. I know sometimes I like a little variety, if I come across any other good finds, I will post!

keep up the great work ladies and gents :)

Bellamack
01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Good Morning IP family!

Today is my weigh in and am feeling pretty good about it - I have made sure not to go near my scale at home bc i know it will drive me crazy! - i dont expect a huge weight loss - but i feel the inches (thats how it was the last time, not much weight but tons of inches)

On another note - My Sisters wedding is in just over a month - Yikes! I need to tone up my arms for this sleeveless bridesmaid dress - Do you think if i start doing some weights (no cardio) & Push Ups? it wouldnt affect my diet?

Yes, you can do toning, I think that several people did that throughout their weight loss. I use very light weights (5 lbs) and do exercises every other day for my arms, as I have an artificial shoulder and have done them for years. My arms are in ok shape for my age. Good Luck at your WI!

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Today is just a super weird day for me, I think it is TOM and all that silly nonsense that comes with it! But I have decided to make a mini goal because today 135 seems impossible! so I am making my goal 150 and just as soon as I figure out how to add a new little mini goal ticker I am totally doing it! It is so nice to have this site just to say what is on your mind and have people support you!

But, I also have a question, I am not eating much lettuce, could this be effecting anything? okay, and let me rephrase that, I have not eaten any lettuce since the 2nd week. Should I be adding some to my diet?

Thank guys! and good luck to all the WI's today and congrats on all the weight loss!

Jenboss
01-27-2012, 12:56 PM
I have been 100% op since starting Jan 9th. What I have realized from the past is that I have an all or nothing attitude - which is really what this program is all about. Unfortunately i have a birthday approaching soon - it seems that all my friends and family want to take me out to celebrate. As much as I love them for it the anxiety of facing my favorite food and drinks is increasing. Part of my wants to hibernate for my birthday as it is easy at home - i really have no temptations - I am a very social person and would be sad to do this. Am I strong enough to get through this birthday remaining 100% op? Hmmmmmm........

MustangMolly
01-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Today is just a super weird day for me, I think it is TOM and all that silly nonsense that comes with it! But I have decided to make a mini goal because today 135 seems impossible! so I am making my goal 150 and just as soon as I figure out how to add a new little mini goal ticker I am totally doing it! It is so nice to have this site just to say what is on your mind and have people support you!

But, I also have a question, I am not eating much lettuce, could this be effecting anything? okay, and let me rephrase that, I have not eaten any lettuce since the 2nd week. Should I be adding some to my diet?

Thank guys! and good luck to all the WI's today and congrats on all the weight loss!

The one thing the lettuce, iceberg lettuce, seems to do for me is keep away the BIG C. When I don't eat any I really notice a difference.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 01:04 PM
The one thing the lettuce, iceberg lettuce, seems to do for me is keep away the BIG C. When I don't eat any I really notice a difference.

Thanks! I have noticed some issues in that BIG C area, its just not regular and so I think I may need t start adding some lettuce daily. I didn't even realize that it was as simple as a little lettuce, thanks again!

rokkerchik20
01-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks! I have noticed some issues in that BIG C area, its just not regular and so I think I may need t start adding some lettuce daily. I didn't even realize that it was as simple as a little lettuce, thanks again!

Are you getting you minimum of 4 cups of lettuce each day?

Jag23
01-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Good morning.........TGIF..........Home today with a sore back and I need to take Ibuprofen and tylenol to keep the pain controlled. Staying OP but yesterday for some reason,I was really hungry. Had a smoothie for breakfast,but I don't think it was enough. This morning having an omelet with celery and zuchinin...........The WF suryps how much are you allowed. Thaks for the exerise info,I'm going to start today. Oh 1 more question,how to I get the weight tracker? Hugs to you fabulous people

Ishbel
01-27-2012, 01:18 PM

Probably not. You just got nasty hunger pains. Try not to do that though as the protein is important to muscle integrity. When your body needs energy you want it to turn to its fat stores and not its muscles. Having your required protein does that. That being said over the last 9 months I can’t say that I haven’t accidently skipped one when I wasn’t feeling great.

Stay strong Sandra, I know you can do it. Make your chicken soup and LOTS of tea. Flus will generally give you more aches. Either way LOTS OF tea! :)

Happy Friday Everyone!

Hey, good to see you on here!

Just wanted to thanks to all the people who had kind words for me yesterday. It was a baaad day. Today is my weigh in. I am not expecting a loss even though I stayed 100% OP. I weighed myself this morning and the scale hasnt moved. Maybe next week I will have a big "woosh" moment

Try not to stress to much about it, that keeps the weight on. Check out the stats of people who've been here for a while. They have low losses and sometimes gains. One thing I've learned is that I won't reach my goal tomorrow so no matter what the scale says it's not going to change what I do tomorrow. The VIP actually said that to me when I was stressing out about the scale. He can be pretty smart sometimes...:D

All this talk about how your bodies are changing but not in the direction that you want....I wanna whine. NOT THAT I THINK YOUR WHINING. I'M GOING TO THOUGH! lol So here goes!

I'm pretty chesty...like...C-H-E-S-T-Y! And after 119 lbs, I've only gone down two cup sizes in a bra..:( I still can't buy a bra at victoria secret, and easily fit the thorax sizing it's the CUP sizes that won't work. Don't get me wrong...boobies are boobies...but seriously, only two cups sizes??!!! Ugh...lol

Course now I wonder what lurkers are reading this and getting a good laugh LOL

TracyAWC
01-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Happy Friday all!

Had my 10 WI and lost 2.8 lbs. Told my coach that the minute my scale shows I've reached goal in the morning (at home) I was switching to P2 and she said ok (good thing!)

Hope everyone has a great day WI and OP-wise and that all sickies feel better. I've had sort of a upset stomach thing - hope it settles down soon.

rbtemplet
01-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Good morning everyone!! I had a good WI yesterday...down 4 more pounds for a total of 42 lost since October. I finally feel like I got my grove back as far as this plan is concerned. Just having a lot of different things going on (really just life in general...lol) and I'd been in a funk since the beginning of the year. I finally feel like I'm coming out of it!! My coach says everyone goes through that at some point so I guess I'm "normal" after all! LOL!!

Wuv, saw your pic on FB with the nice write-up Ideal Protein AZ posted!! You are simply amazing and such an inspiration!! Your pics are incredible!!! Way to go, WUV!!!!! :carrot:

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!! Congrats to all with NSV's and losses and wishes for strength to all who may be struggling!!

Mom3LoveBugs
01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
good morning everyone and congrats to all of the losses... great job!

I had my 3rd week weigh in since my re-start and I lost 2 lbs which put my at 30 lbs total since starting IP (using alternatives). :carrot:

My goal still feels so far away though.... *sigh*

glomor
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I appreciate the meal suggestions that people offer. I hate to cook so I am always looking for simple ideas. One idea I got from a co-worker. He and his wife eat vegetarian most of the time and passed this along. Maybe others here do it also. I make a big pan of veggies--broccoli, cauliflower, sliced zucchini, peppers, and mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil and put in oven loosely covered with foil at 350 deg for about an hour. I keep it in the fridge and eat from it all week just warming it in the microwave. I experimented with seasonings but found I prefer not to use any, just sprinkling with sea salt before eating.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Are you getting you minimum of 4 cups of lettuce each day?

Holy Smokes!! Are we supposed to have that much? on top of the 4 cups of veggies?! I am for sure not getting 4 cups a day!

Mom3LoveBugs
01-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Holy Smokes!! Are we supposed to have that much? on top of the 4 cups of veggies?! I am for sure not getting 4 cups a day!

me either.... I don't have any lettuce! :o

Ishbel
01-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Nah, you don't need that much lettuce, it's unlimited though so if you want that much lettuce you can.

It does help with constipation if you have that problem.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 01:52 PM
me either.... I don't have any lettuce! :o

I havent eaten any since the 2nd week!! have you noticed any... "issues" as far as your "bathroom habits" haha. Trying to be as polite as possible and sorry if TMI!

JellyMae87
01-27-2012, 01:54 PM

All this talk about how your bodies are changing but not in the direction that you want....I wanna whine. NOT THAT I THINK YOUR WHINING. I'M GOING TO THOUGH! lol So here goes!

I'm pretty chesty...like...C-H-E-S-T-Y! And after 119 lbs, I've only gone down two cup sizes in a bra..:( I still can't buy a bra at victoria secret, and easily fit the thorax sizing it's the CUP sizes that won't work. Don't get me wrong...boobies are boobies...but seriously, only two cups sizes??!!! Ugh...lol

I am right with you... but I have not gone down any cup sizes, just the inches around... I have found sore really pretty sexy bras at Lane Bryants sister store - Cachique sp?

Are you getting you minimum of 4 cups of lettuce each day? Lettuce is unlimptited, there is no set amount of lettuce, Its the veggies that have the 4 cup "rule" But I am sure that you already knoew that!! :smug:

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Nah, you don't need that much lettuce, it's unlimited though so if you want that much lettuce you can.

It does help with constipation if you have that problem.

Alright, I think I should add some lettuce daily. I am not having constipation per say. But I am having some irregularity. Sometimes it will be a day and a half with no "movement". So I am thinking I should add lettuce to help that issue! Thanks for all the feedback on such a "personal" issue everyone!

Mom3LoveBugs
01-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Alright, I think I should add some lettuce daily. I am not having constipation per say. But I am having some irregularity. Sometimes it will be a day and a half with no "movement". So I am thinking I should add lettuce to help that issue! Thanks for all the feedback on such a "personal" issue everyone!

you may not be as regular as you used to be prior to IP... since the caloric intake is much lower, your body is absorbing most of what you are now eating which creates less waste.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 02:00 PM
you may not be as regular as you used to be prior to IP... since the caloric intake is much lower, your body is absorbing most of what you are now eating which creates less waste.

Ah-Ha! I didn't think about it like that! okay, so maybe I am somewhat normal now. Because prior to IP I would use the restroom almost right after I ate every time. Now it is so sparatic and sometimes I wont go for a whole day. I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right, cause I feel so much better and so much healthier, wanted to keep it that way!

glomor
01-27-2012, 02:02 PM
I've lost over 40 pounds and I'm still wearing the same clothes. Of course they were getting tight when I started and loose now. I have a feeling that the next 10 or 15 pounds will make a big difference. As it is right now, most people haven't even noticed the weight loss. I have quite an extensive size 22 wardrobe and I'm not sure what to do with the clothes when I "outgrow" them. Have any of you faced that?

rokkerchik20
01-27-2012, 02:02 PM
My Ip Coach told me i need to have a minimum of 4 cups lettuce or raw spincah leaves each day - it keeps me "regular" - If you are not having any, than you should try and at least have some each day! My coach says it "keeps things moving" :-D

JellyMae87
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I've lost over 40 pounds and I'm still wearing the same clothes. Of course they were getting tight when I started and loose now. I have a feeling that the next 10 or 15 pounds will make a big difference. As it is right now, most people haven't even noticed the weight loss. I have quite an extensive size 22 wardrobe and I'm not sure what to do with the clothes when I "outgrow" them. Have any of you faced that?

I too stayed in the same size clothes for a while, but then when I did finally go shopping I was shocked that I went down so many sizes at once... Just like right now. I am still earing my size 17 jeans, even though I know that I can fit into a size 13, I just dont want to spend the money!!

Lorilou
01-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I had my WI and I am down another 3.4lbs from Monday which makes it 12.8lbs for the week. A lot of that is from water I was holding from earlier weeks due to my edema problems. I am so happy I started this program as I have never had a diet that showed results like this. It makes it easy to stay OP and motivated. I had another NSV today. My seat belt finally fits without a struggle! So happy for that!

Good Morning everyone! I'm excited to say I've made it to my first mini goal! 10% of my starting weight!!! Reaching that first goal gives me a whole new high and even more determination to stay strong and OP!

Hope everyone has a great OP day. I won't be on much today. Busy cleaning house (again) today. Going through closets this time. Yuck.

I'm bottom heavy too and I haven't lost any real inches there either. I guess it will all catch up eventually :joker:

geminezmarie
01-27-2012, 02:22 PM

Congrats on the 24! And PS I'm jealous, I'd switch from the huge spare tire to the much heart-healthier hip/thigh action any day! :cheer3:

Mom3LoveBugs
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
My Ip Coach told me i need to have a minimum of 4 cups lettuce or raw spincah leaves each day - it keeps me "regular" - If you are not having any, than you should try and at least have some each day! My coach says it "keeps things moving" :-D

spinach actually counts as a vegetable according to the IP protocol and is not 'free' like lettuce.... if you are having 4 cups of spinach + your veggies you are getting twice the amount needed

glomor
01-27-2012, 02:25 PM
I too stayed in the same size clothes for a while, but then when I did finally go shopping I was shocked that I went down so many sizes at once... Just like right now. I am still earing my size 17 jeans, even though I know that I can fit into a size 13, I just dont want to spend the money!!

Yes! It's a lot about the money! I'm hoping to hold off until late spring and get some new summer clothes. I'm hoping to downsize not only me but my wardrobe. Lol! I've come to the conclusion that I have way too many clothes.

northernfawn
01-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Good Friday morning. I had a close one last night as I was somehow so hungry I was ready to grab something that we are not suppose to eat. I didn't have enough protein at dinner which was stupid to do so I grabbed some more protein and drank some water and PHEW made it thru that.
I do both the IP packets and alternate products but all I kept telling myself on how much money I've spent to obtain all these products and how I don't want this to be a failed diet again. It worked!!
So HAPPY FRIDAY to all and have a great weekend!!!

I had one of those night's too...so close to having a second restricted, but I made another herbal tea and drank some more water. Was so glad to see bedtime, and now I fell really good for having restrained myself:carrot:

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Yes! It's a lot about the money! I'm hoping to hold off until late spring and get some new summer clothes. I'm hoping to downsize not only me but my wardrobe. Lol! I've come to the conclusion that I have way too many clothes.

I have clothes in sizes 10-18 I don't know what I am going to do when I don't fit in 10's anymore! But I do know one thing, I am getting rid of ALL THE BIGGER SIZES! my goal is to fit in a 6 and so I am getting rid of everything, that way, I can't gain a little weight and go in the next size up in my closet!

wuv2bloved
01-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Wuv- Thanks for all you do, I am so happy to have found you and this site!!!
:heart:
You are welcome, I am glad that I have helped as much as I have. Spreading knowledge about this program has been a great thing

I'm starting my reboot on Tuesday (P1 anyway)! We can do this together. :)

Wuv....way to go, woman! You're doing awesome, look great, and I"m proud of you!

HEY!!!!....I wondered where you disappeared too, glad to see you back!!!......Thank you :)

Happy Friday Everyone!
Hey BLU!!!!...welcome back....I like the new pic :)

That's how I'm losing too! It's so funny, I feel like I'm melting sometimes because my face is skinnier, I have collarbones again, and my stomach looks good down to about my bellybutton. Anxious to see some results in the butt/ thigh area!
This is exactly how I am, If I could cut my waist down OFF I would be skinny!!!....lol....its shrinking don't get me wrong but not fast enough!....everywhere is melting off but that bottom "roll" just ain't moving!!!....lol

I have been 100% op since starting Jan 9th. What I have realized from the past is that I have an all or nothing attitude - which is really what this program is all about. Unfortunately i have a birthday approaching soon - it seems that all my friends and family want to take me out to celebrate. As much as I love them for it the anxiety of facing my favorite food and drinks is increasing. Part of my wants to hibernate for my birthday as it is easy at home - i really have no temptations - I am a very social person and would be sad to do this. Am I strong enough to get through this birthday remaining 100% op? Hmmmmmm........
You know what you have to do to stay on program, you have to be mentally ready to say NO to anything and KEEP YOUR NO....put your FOOT DOWN and keep telling yourself I AM WORTH THIS....I DON"T NEED_______....it will be there next year for my birthday!!.....YOU CAN DO THIS.....BELIEVE in YOURSELF.....YOU have control....REMEMBER THAT!!....Food no longer controls YOU :)

The WF suryps how much are you allowed. Thaks for the exerise info,I'm going to start today. Oh 1 more question,how to I get the weight tracker? Hugs to you fabulous people
WF products are to be used in moderation. My coach said that you could have the whole bottle if you wanted...joking of course....it is 0/0/0 but after a few servings I am sure there are a few carbs and calories. You won't get your ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days and have posted 20 times :)

LOL
I have gone from a FULL FULL DD to a C...I can ALMOST fit in a Victoria secret bra....WAIT.....I think I might have to go "browse" there this weekend....lol....I am a 42C....I would DIE if I could FIT in one.....lmao

Wuv, saw your pic on FB with the nice write-up Ideal Protein AZ posted!! You are simply amazing and such an inspiration!! Your pics are incredible!!! Way to go, WUV!!!!! :carrot:

Thanks, I didn't know I was on their site until someone said something. I had to go check it out....lol

Hello everyone, My son told me this morning, MOM, time for some new jeans those are WAY to big for you....lol....I said no they fit fine....he said WOMAN, I can't see your legs cuz they are so loose.....lol....I am having a skinny day today...haha...gotta love those days!!!....Every that has WI today have done awesome today for that matter for the week the WI's have been outstanding. WE have been kicking tails this week that is for sure!!....I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Lorilou
01-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Hello everyone, My son told me this morning, MOM, time for some new jeans those are WAY to big for you....lol....I said no they fit fine....he said WOMAN, I can't see your legs cuz they are so loose.....lol....I am having a skinny day today...haha...gotta love those days!!!....Every that has WI today have done awesome today for that matter for the week the WI's have been outstanding. WE have been kicking tails this week that is for sure!!....I hope everyone has a great weekend!![/QUOTE]

I love what your son said! That is so great. You should go buy some new jeans and reward yourself for all of your hard work! You deserve it! BTW..love the new pic!

wuv2bloved
01-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone, My son told me this morning, MOM, time for some new jeans those are WAY to big for you....lol....I said no they fit fine....he said WOMAN, I can't see your legs cuz they are so loose.....lol....I am having a skinny day today...haha...gotta love those days!!!....Every that has WI today have done awesome today for that matter for the week the WI's have been outstanding. WE have been kicking tails this week that is for sure!!....I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I love what your son said! That is so great. You should go buy some new jeans and reqrd yourself for all of your hard work! You deserve it! BTW..love the new pic![/QUOTE]

I will wear these a little longer before buying new ones....these are 24's and the shorts I wear are 22's....lol....the jeans aren't loose enough in the waist yet....so I can still get away with wearing them. I got them on clearance for $10 so I am not loosing too much money when i go down a size. Maybe I will go shopping over the weekend to see if I can find some clearance ones....lol

Lorilou
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
I love what your son said! That is so great. You should go buy some new jeans and reqrd yourself for all of your hard work! You deserve it! BTW..love the new pic!

I will wear these a little longer before buying new ones....these are 24's and the shorts I wear are 22's....lol....the jeans aren't loose enough in the waist yet....so I can still get away with wearing them. I got them on clearance for $10 so I am not loosing too much money when i go down a size. Maybe I will go shopping over the weekend to see if I can find some clearance ones....lol[/QUOTE]

$10 is a great deal and hopefully you will find some great deals if you go shopping this weekend!

Momto2cs
01-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi all!

Good Friday do far! I have done a circuit workout at the gym and enjoyed my blueberry pudding muffins! Yum!

I try to have a salad of baby romaine every day. It helps keep me full in the afternoon.

I have had the opposite bra issue. I went from a good 36c to a small 34 b. sigh.

Clothes wise my loss from 175 to 150 took me from a 10 to a 6. I have the exact same gap pants in 10,8,6 and 4. The 4s only fit when I am at my low of 145...trying to get back there!!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-27-2012, 02:54 PM
So my aunt has to go to school, but she wanted me to ask about this. I am quoting from what she said on AIM.

i got SEVERE nausea
like being stabbed
/chest/stomach pain
):
not a knock off

So she was wondering what that was and if there was anything she could take or eat to make it go away if it happens again.
I didn't see a reply to your question so I thought I would jump in here and answer. I found that when taking my supplements if I had something to eat with them I didn't get that. I use to get up and take my supplements and than was sick most of the day but if I took them while I was taking my breakfast or in your case supper then it would go away. Hope that helps. As for walking or running? I walked a lot when I was in phase 1, you can start with that and just continue and add running in a couple of days a week and you should be good.

purple sky
01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Ah, bathroom time.

We are not taking in as much fiber as we did before (grains, etc.) so things may not move as they used to. Veggies help but I find that mixing things around helps more. I was experiencing some of the Big C early on when I was only eating cooked veggies (roasted with olive oil). Because I was not a big veggie eater before I was not ready for lots of raw and steamed veggies. Too dull. And I like warm foods, especially at dinner.

I noticed a change after my Big Mac in a Bowl. It is a fattier meat. (Prior, we had been eating grilled lean meats.) And, there was a lot of lettuce in it. I can't eat this often. No more than once a week or so. It triggers cravings in me like Mio and other things do for others. But, I found switching it up from leaner grilled meats and cooked veggies really helped.

I started drizzling some Flax Seed Oil, to get my Omega 3's, on my spinach and that seemed to help too. (Cannot heat up Flax Seed Oil - low smoking point) I feel it was the oil, a teaspoon or two, which is different from when I added it to cooked foods (roasted veggies and meat prep) that made a difference. Without getting too gross, in my mind, this translated to lubing the pipes so to speak. Olive oil can work as well.

I am new to this and just experimenting but some things seem to work better than others. The occasional higher fat veggie stir fry's and using ground meats (higher in fat) and use of direct oil on veggies or salad seem to aid in movement over items that are leaner, drier and have the oil cooked into them.

I have not found the perfect combo since I don't eat the same things everyday. And for me I seem to need to change things up a bit. Logically, I thought lean grilled meats with roasted or steamed veggies would work but it does not always work. But, too many days in a row of stir frys and big macs in a bowl did not work either. I seem to need the combo, the changes, the variety in my diet. But, that is just me. My personality is like that as well.

So, within a period of 2-3 days I try to get in a few meals each of raw, cooked or steamed veggies with or without lettuce, spinach etc. I also try to get in some lean grilled or slightly fattier meat or stir frys in.

DanafromAustin
01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
I have the same thing going on. I have lost 25 pounds and although I have gone down one size in pants..it is all in the waist. My hips and thighs have not gotten a bit smaller. I, too, have always had big thighs. Are we related Dana??? LOL Same height, same weight, same goal, same way of losing from the sounds of it.

LOL, maybe we were separated at birth!

You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Last November was my son's Bar Mitzvah. We had lots of family fly in from out of state and we gave him a big party with friends and family to celebrate. It was four full days of non-stop eating and celebrating. Not once did I go off plan because I decided from the beginning I wasn't. In February I'm going on a cruise and I have decided not to go off plan for that week. My point is there are always (hopefully) social events going on in your life. They should be about friends and family, not what foods you put into your mouth. Bottom line, you have the freedom to make up your own mind as to are you going to blow it or stay on plan. Make the right choice.:)

When they get too big get rid of them. You won't need them anymore so why keep them. My closet is pretty bare now as I've given all of my now too big clothes away and I don't have smaller clothes in there. Now I just buy the bare minimum as I need.

Lisa- great photo of the the old and the new!

purple sky
01-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I think I would like some dancing carrots or broccoli or something. Does anyone know how I add that to my signature? The 1 for each 5 pounds lost. Thank you.

wuv2bloved
01-27-2012, 03:12 PM
I think I would like some dancing carrots or broccoli or something. Does anyone know how I add that to my signature? The 1 for each 5 pounds lost. Thank you.

Edit your signature, then click more under the smily's and you will find a bunch more.

salmongirl
01-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Happy Friday everyone! This is my two week anniversary and I feel great. I am happy I started and happy I have stayed on. I am really starting to feel some energy return, I don't know if it is from the vitamins or loosing 13 pounds but I really do feel good!

Jenboss
01-27-2012, 04:05 PM
LOL, maybe we were separated at birth!

You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Last November was my son's Bar Mitzvah. We had lots of family fly in from out of state and we gave him a big party with friends and family to celebrate. It was four full days of non-stop eating and celebrating. Not once did I go off plan because I decided from the beginning I wasn't. In February I'm going on a cruise and I have decided not to go off plan for that week. My point is there are always (hopefully) social events going on in your life. They should be about friends and family, not what foods you put into your mouth. Bottom line, you have the freedom to make up your own mind as to are you going to blow it or stay on plan. Make the right choice.:)

When they get too big get rid of them. You won't need them anymore so why keep them. My closet is pretty bare now as I've given all of my now too big clothes away and I don't have smaller clothes in there. Now I just buy the bare minimum as I need.

Lisa- great photo of the the old and the new!

I am so motivated Im sure that I will not go off program for my birthday -its dealing with the people that say - just one drink won?t hurt, or you can have a cheat day, or what I have already heard "you are not as fun anymore". I know I'll be fine - but some people just don"t get it! Thanks for your encouragement!! ;)

glomor
01-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Clothes wise my loss from 175 to 150 took me from a 10 to a 6. I have the exact same gap pants in 10,8,6 and 4. The 4s only fit when I am at my low of 145...trying to get back there!!!

Have clothing sizes changes through the years? I'm 5'5" and the least I've weighed as an adult was around 135 and I never got below a size 13-14. That was admittedly a looonnnnngggg time ago! Lol!

MustangMolly
01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Have clothing sizes changes through the years? I'm 5'5" and the least I've weighed as an adult was around 135 and I never got below a size 13-14. That was admittedly a looonnnnngggg time ago! Lol!

They actually have. There was an episode of 20-20 or one of those type shows that discussed how clothing manufacturers have changed the "size" of sizes. There was a study that showed woman were more conerned with the size on the tag than the measurements of the garment and a trend started to make what we grew up knowing a size 10 to be to actually fit a size 12. I saw this quite a few years ago, 5+ for sure. See how hung up we are on numbers and not just on the scale?

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I went to Cato today just for fun to try on some pants, just to see. The last time I bought clothes from there I was trying on a comfortable 16, and a pretty tight 14. Well can I tell you how excited I was to not only put on a 12 BUT BUTTON AND ZIP THEM TOO!! now granted, if you would have asked me to sit down I probably would have died! BUT, the point it, I GOT THEM ON! It was just that little extra umph I needed! Well that and all of you guys support and encouragement! When my mind strays to dreams of foods that arent OP or I get a little 'Blah', I always come to this website and read or write a message. I like to think of this place as "my world" because people around me, they just DON'T GET IT! So, as I have said many times before, and will say many times again, Thanks Everyone! And keep up the good work and KEEP TELLING US YOUR STORIES! It lets me know - I am not alone!

purple sky
01-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Edit your signature, then click more under the smily's and you will find a bunch more.

Thanx, Wuv. Been meaning to say, I really like your new picture. Also, you should go shopping. It's fun. And then go shopping again later when you hit goal.

geminezmarie
01-27-2012, 05:04 PM

LOL I feel this one!!!! One of my goals is to be able to buy a bra at Victoria's and fit in the cup!!! Plus a little less boobies would make some clothes, suit jackets, etc fit so much more nicely.

geminezmarie
01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
I went to Cato today just for fun to try on some pants, just to see. The last time I bought clothes from there I was trying on a comfortable 16, and a pretty tight 14. Well can I tell you how excited I was to not only put on a 12 BUT BUTTON AND ZIP THEM TOO!! now granted, if you would have asked me to sit down I probably would have died! BUT, the point it, I GOT THEM ON! It was just that little extra umph I needed! Well that and all of you guys support and encouragement! When my mind strays to dreams of foods that arent OP or I get a little 'Blah', I always come to this website and read or write a message. I like to think of this place as "my world" because people around me, they just DON'T GET IT! So, as I have said many times before, and will say many times again, Thanks Everyone! And keep up the good work and KEEP TELLING US YOUR STORIES! It lets me know - I am not alone!

Thanks for sharing! I love Cato's and am a solid 16 hoping to be back in a 12 like you very soon! I think I would die of shock on the dressing room floor. That would make me opening this Crispy Cereal pack while my coworker polishes off some beautifully cheesy nachos so worth it. So congrats & thanks again b/c I'd have walked away from this w/o encouragement! :cb:

purple sky
01-27-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm bottom heavy too and I haven't lost any real inches there either. I guess it will all catch up eventually :joker:

My coach has explained to me that this diet hits your face first which is nice, then it works down and works it way up and hits the middle last. I know I just have to be patient but it is cracking me up a little.

I have had the opposite bra issue. I went from a good 36c to a small 34 b. sigh.

And that is exactly why I set my goal weight where it is. I should probably set it lower but that is an area where I do not want too much reduction. I don't know if we have control over that since this diet slims in interesting ways. Very different from diets I have tried before.

Ah, so that's how I will get my closets cleaned. Now, I am motivated. I love following these discussions about whether or not to hold on to the size range many of us keep in our closets. For the last few years I have been wearing the same size regardless of my weight. Some days I had to stuff myself into my clothes and sometimes it was easier but something like 6 or more sizes went untouched.

maddie2
01-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Hey There! Just wanted to share a nice NSV I had this morning:
Yesterday was my 3rd WI and I was down 1.8 lbs. It was kind of a bummer but a total of 10 lbs in total so whoop whoop to that
Anyways this morning I wanted to wear trousers for my new shoes I just got. So I grabbed trousers that are usually waaaay too tight I couldn't even button the top button. And if I did wear them, my spandex were making an impressionable presence.
But I put them on, and they not only FIT but they were LOOSE!!!
I couldn't believe it!
That's a great motivation to stay OP This weekend through Gasparilla's drinking and eating debauchery!!
;)

AussieonIP
01-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Hey Guys,

Have got a shocking headache right now......is using Advil or the like OK for the diet.....

Cheers S...

Pxlkitty4
01-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Hey Guys,

Have got a shocking headache right now......is using Advil or the like OK for the diet.....

Cheers S...

Happy day after Australia Day. No meat pie for me yesterday... Ha! But I did have vegemite on toast.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks for sharing! I love Cato's and am a solid 16 hoping to be back in a 12 like you very soon! I think I would die of shock on the dressing room floor. That would make me opening this Crispy Cereal pack while my coworker polishes off some beautifully cheesy nachos so worth it. So congrats & thanks again b/c I'd have walked away from this w/o encouragement! :cb:

Isn't Cato great?! And you will be in the 12's before you know it! I never in a million years would have thought I was even going to get them past my hips! And just think... you are losing pounds while the "nacho lady" is finding them for you :) Stay Strong, and keep up the GREAT work!

whirlygirl72
01-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Been such a busy Friday but squeezed in a choco shake and a great salad with 3oz of grilled chicken. Feeling good, feeling good. i think this is a slow weight loss week, i'll find out for sure tomorrow. But a loss is better than a gain!

Trying the crepe fish tacos this weekend!:dizzy:

doublebaby
01-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Hey Guys,

Cheers S...

Yes they are fine. Hope you feel better.
You can also try licking the sea salt from the palm of your hand and wait 20 minutes to see if that helps. Some say it works.

DanafromAustin
01-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Ah, so that's how I will get my closets cleaned. Now, I am motivated. I love following these discussions about whether or not to hold on to the size range many of us keep in our closets. For the last few years I have been wearing the same size regardless of my weight. Some days I had to stuff myself into my clothes and sometimes it was easier but something like 6 or more sizes went untouched.

I own hardly any clothes, good thing I don't work outside the house. ;) I gave away all of my too big clothes, and before IP I had been about the same weight for so long that I gave my smaller clothes away a long time ago. I'm totally happy not to spend money on clothes right now, but I am going to have to pick up some new short sleeve t-shirts soon as this has been such a mild winter and warm weather here in Austin is right around the corner.

lkp888
01-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone, Congratulations to everyone who had losses, NSV and stayed OP. I had such a stressfull weekend but stayed OP, my stepdaughter fractured a couple bones in her elbow beginning of the year and when I took her back to the dr. we found out that they weren`t healing, so we had to take her to the city for surgery and I had to stay at the hospital for a couple nights. I passed out a couple of times while I was there, probably due to stress. But she did so well thru the surgery and stayed strong, such a little trooper.

I brought my IP packets with me and they had some great salads there, however I had no weight loss this week, probably due to stress but I did lose an inch on my waist. But things are back to normal this week and things are going well.

Have a great weekend everyone and remember stay OP and that if you are thinking about cheating, really you are only cheating yourself! Hugs to everyone!!!

AussieonIP
01-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes they are fine. Hope you feel better.
You can also try licking the sea salt from the palm of your hand and wait 20 minutes to see if that helps. Some say it works.

Thanks so much, only day 2 so I guess it's normal!!

Cheers/S...

iploser88
01-27-2012, 06:12 PM
I had WI #4 yesterday and didn't do so hot. I'm down -.6 lbs. The week before that I lost 5 lbs. Is this normal? I guess I've gotten used to high #'s but this seemed extremely low to me. Any explanations? :?:

mamacitaof2
01-27-2012, 06:15 PM
I had WI #4 yesterday and didn't do so hot. I'm done -.6 lbs. The week before that I lost 5 lbs. Is this normal? I guess I've gotten used to high #'s but this seemed extremely low to me. Any explanations? :?:

I've read on the site before that week 3 or 4 is typically smaller than previous weeks. When I've had smaller loss weeks is when I've had the biggest inches lost.

doublebaby
01-27-2012, 06:29 PM

Jenboss, ( are you the boss of you? LoL)! When I found out about this plan I knew it was right for me because I would be able to see progress right away and it was strict and that was what I needed. I began the Monday after Thanksgiving knowing that Christmas was around the corner, my birthday (Dec.31), New Year's Eve, etc. there is always something and will forever be something. People travel as well. The point is is that as long as you have a plan it will be ok. For my birthday I just said I will do without cake and ice cream THIS year. I had a nice grilled steak dinner and veggies though. If you need to feel safe do a low key bday this year. if not, do as your signature implies, be the boss and set the agenda. Maybe a dinner of protein and veggies out somewhere. It's the company after all.
I do feel for you though with the comments because they don't understand the consequences of ' cheating.' this isn't like WW points where you can make it up elsewhere. Just keep in mind there are a lot of people here for you and hope you can stay on plan. Good luck.

3mama
01-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Day 5 - feeling pretty good! Not hungry at all so getting in all my veggies has been a challenge.

So happy to hear about everyone's good weigh-ins and successes! So inspiring to read those.

doublebaby
01-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Isn't Cato great?! And you will be in the 12's before you know it! I never in a million years would have thought I was even going to get them past my hips! And just think... you are losing pounds while the "nacho lady" is finding them for you :) Stay Strong, and keep up the GREAT work!

I loved Cato when I lived in Virginia. They always had really cute bra and pantie sets but I was smaller then.

3mama
01-27-2012, 06:43 PM
I had my WI and I am down another 3.4lbs from Monday which makes it 12.8lbs for the week. A lot of that is from water I was holding from earlier weeks due to my edema problems. I am so happy I started this program as I have never had a diet that showed results like this. It makes it easy to stay OP and motivated. I had another NSV today. My seat belt finally fits without a struggle! So happy for that!

So happy you have gotten the water retention thing under control. I know how uncomfortable that can be. My swelling issues increased with each of my 3 kids births. I'm on meds now for it and the resulting high blood pressure. I really hope in a few weeks I can be off of that medicine.

I'm not at that point yet, but I plan on keeping one pair of my biggest jeans and getting rid of everything else. I never want to get back to this weight and I think not having clothes to fall back on will help.

bludolphin
01-27-2012, 06:53 PM

If they want to take you out see if you can do something non food orientated like bowling or movies (minus the popcorn) with socialization at a coffee house where you can have coffee or tea.

JudoGirl
01-27-2012, 07:10 PM
So I've been thinking and I want to start doing some cardio. Even though it might not allow for bigger losses, should I go for it? Of course I would have protein before going out and walking or running, but waiting until I'm done with IP to work on my running goals seems like a tough thing to do (at least for me- because when I want to do something I like to do it as soon as I physically can).

You feel like moving...than move that body....go for it...

Pxlkitty4
01-27-2012, 07:17 PM
I had WI #4 yesterday and didn't do so hot. I'm down -.6 lbs. The week before that I lost 5 lbs. Is this normal? I guess I've gotten used to high #'s but this seemed extremely low to me. Any explanations? :?:

I had smaller losses every 4 to 5 weeks. It's normal.

Chuckles1330
01-27-2012, 07:18 PM

Thank You for asking this, as I've been thinking it. When I was in high school (many, many, many, many moons ago) I weighed between 150 and 155 most of the time (I'm 5'8" tall), and NEVER dropped below a size 12. I realize folks are shaped differently, so would expect a size up or down variation, I never would have dreamed of wearing an 8 or smaller.

Of course that makes my current size more depressing, but I'm working on that :) Guess it will be a big surprise when I feel ready to go shopping again.

ReadytobeHealthy
01-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Day 3 for me, I have had some headaches and general feeling blah, but other than that, I am doing pretty good. I have not been hungry yet or crave any foods. I feel like I am eating a TON of food. Before IP I ate dinner and a late night snack, however they were BAD foods, fast food, tons of carbs. I am very insulin resistant and am on the Alternative Plan where I get 1 carb, 1 dairy and 1 fruit. I am totally scared I am not going to lose any weight. I am sure for the first week this is a normal feelilng.. but if I don't I can't afford to stay on something that wont work. I have been OP 100% so far.. I hope I am doing everything right!!! You guys are all amazing inspiration. Thanks for sharing and listening :)

starry1672
01-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I am right with you... but I have not gone down any cup sizes, just the inches around... I have found sore really pretty sexy bras at Lane Bryants sister store - Cachique sp?

Lettuce is unlimptited, there is no set amount of lettuce, Its the veggies that have the 4 cup "rule" But I am sure that you already knoew that!! :smug:

:( My chest was the first thing to go. Hard to say goodbye to the girls..lol

starry1672
01-27-2012, 07:42 PM

LOVE reading your posts, we started at pretty much the same weight and have the same goal :)

New Englander
01-27-2012, 07:47 PM
We are not overweight...we are just too short! If I were taller I would already be at my goal!!! :)

idealpromom
01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Hi all!

Good Friday do far! I have done a circuit workout at the gym and enjoyed my blueberry pudding muffins! Yum!

I try to have a salad of baby romaine every day. It helps keep me full in the afternoon.

I would love the recipe for the blueberry pudding muffins please :carrot::carrot:

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 08:03 PM
LOVE reading your posts, we started at pretty much the same weight and have the same goal :)

Always nice to hear someone got something out of my posts! Sometimes I feel like I am just a rambling on! And we are almost exactly the same! How long have you been on IP?!

justme685
01-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I went grocery shopping with my roommates today for the first time since being on IP today. And I walked through the bakery with them and the junk food aisle and I didn't even want any of it! I know it's a small thing but it means so much to me and I felt like sharing. I'm finally doing this!

purple sky
01-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Hey There! Just wanted to share a nice NSV I had this morning:
Yesterday was my 3rd WI and I was down 1.8 lbs. It was kind of a bummer but a total of 10 lbs in total so whoop whoop to that
Anyways this morning I wanted to wear trousers for my new shoes I just got. So I grabbed trousers that are usually waaaay too tight I couldn't even button the top button. And if I did wear them, my spandex were making an impressionable presence.
But I put them on, and they not only FIT but they were LOOSE!!!
I couldn't believe it!
That's a great motivation to stay OP This weekend through Gasparilla's drinking and eating debauchery!!
;)

Whoop-Whoop :cheer:

I think those are the best tests. The scale does what it does but how your clothes fit you or rather how they don't fit you is a big deal.

emkay
01-27-2012, 08:16 PM
hello all, i'm new and tried posting on the newbie FAQ board yesterday and again today but haven't gotten a reply. i'm gonna try reposting... just guessing that it doesn't get looked at often. would sure apppreciate any input on this asap as i'm doing without all aspartame until i hear and it is a major crutch for me. thanks so much here are my questions.
i'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse and apologize to all of you who are tired of the aspartame (sweetner) question but... i'm still confused, mainly because my couch told me at my first check up last week that i could have sugar free jello-o (no more than 5 servings/ day) and sugar free soft drinks. i have checked my ketones thru-out and have found myself to be in varying stages of ketosis from mild to moderate with no apparent correlation to my sugar free snacks. what is the bottom line? the past couple days my weight has been up .5 lbs and then 1 lb in that order. i am trying not to panic as i believe it to be hormonal...and yet i have this nagging feeling that all would be well if i would give up the aspartame and artificially sweetened splurges. can anyone clear this for me, once and for all? also, what about sugar free gum? any affect on ketones with that? thanks!

omgzitsmiranda
01-27-2012, 08:20 PM
hello all, i'm new and tried posting on the newbie FAQ board yesterday and again today but haven't gotten a reply. i'm gonna try reposting... just guessing that it doesn't get looked at often. would sure apppreciate any input on this asap as i'm doing without all aspartame until i hear and it is a major crutch for me. thanks so much here are my questions.
i'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse and apologize to all of you who are tired of the aspartame (sweetner) question but... i'm still confused, mainly because my couch told me at my first check up last week that i could have sugar free jello-o (no more than 5 servings/ day) and sugar free soft drinks. i have checked my ketones thru-out and have found myself to be in varying stages of ketosis from mild to moderate with no apparent correlation to my sugar free snacks. what is the bottom line? the past couple days my weight has been up .5 lbs and then 1 lb in that order. i am trying not to panic as i believe it to be hormonal...and yet i have this nagging feeling that all would be well if i would give up the aspartame and artificially sweetened splurges. can anyone clear this for me, once and for all? also, what about sugar free gum? any affect on ketones with that? thanks!

First of all.. it seems like every single coach is going to tell you something completely different lol. I haven't read of anyone else being told they were allowed the sugar free jello, but to use this other alternative or make your own stuff. Some people use aspartame in low, low quantities; or some people get freaked out and don't touch it at all. It just really depends on how YOUR body reacts to it. I also would advise against weighing yourself daily; you're going to drive yourself insane!

PS: Sometimes the sticks will pick up ketosis; but if you're on plan 1000000% then you should very well be in ketosis. Also, the sugar free drinks or soda could possibly cause you to bloat aka hold water weight. So that's really up to you ..

starry1672
01-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Always nice to hear someone got something out of my posts! Sometimes I feel like I am just a rambling on! And we are almost exactly the same! How long have you been on IP?!

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks...still OP 100% :)

emkay
01-27-2012, 08:35 PM
thanks so much for the reply, Miranda. i'm not sure why my couch is so lax on this as i have read on the board here and there varying degrees of abstinence. i have really only been indulging in the MIO "water enhancers" and diet green tea, plus sugar free gum... no soda as i don't care for it, and then that jello really did fill a void. i'm happy to have a more definitive answer - that is if i am following the plan 100% i'm good. i think i'll be best off if i avoid all aspartame. i've even noticed an improvement with my sticks today! appreciate your input and any others yet to weigh in.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Happy Friday Night!

I present to you a broccoli bake :) It is a package of broccoli cheddar soup mixed with about 4oz water, mushrooms, chopped broccoli, cubed chicken and miracle rice. I used some onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, dry mustard and Land O' Lakes parmesan sprinkles.

Mix everything together, and bake in bread dish sprayed with olive oil at about 375 for 20 minutes, I finished it under a low broiler for about 3 minutes.

The miracle rice does soak up a lot of moisture, so you could use half a package or omit it--or throw some chicken stock in there. I didn't use a full serving of protein, I only used 4 oz. and that could be omitted also. I seriously had a hard time finishing it, but now I am all nice and warm inside :)

doublebaby
01-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Happy Friday Night!

I present to you a broccoli bake :) It is a package of broccoli cheddar soup mixed with about 4oz water, mushrooms, chopped broccoli, cubed chicken and miracle rice. I used some onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, dry mustard and Land O' Lakes parmesan sprinkles.

Mix everything together, and bake in bread dish sprayed with olive oil at about 375 for 20 minutes, I finished it under a low broiler for about 3 minutes.

The miracle rice does soak up a lot of moisture, so you could use half a package or omit it--or throw some chicken stock in there. I didn't use a full serving of protein, I only used 4 oz. and that could be omitted also. I seriously had a hard time finishing it, but now I am all nice and warm inside :)

OMGosh, you seriously come up with some delightful recipes! This sounds and looks really good.
Before everyone starts asking, can you remind us again where to get the miracle rice? Thank you for taking the time for posting the photos.

newmom7611
01-27-2012, 09:17 PM
I would love the recipe for the blueberry pudding muffins please :carrot::carrot:

Agreed!!! I heard about them and wanted them immediately. I foolishly took it upon myself to "guess" what the recipe was. I then made a blueberry waffle in my waffle iron thinking that would be ammaaazinggg. BAD idea. It was a total disaster. It practically disinigrated and was a total mess to clean up. So PLEASE someone post that recipe! I'm dying for some blueberry muffins!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-27-2012, 09:32 PM
can you remind us again where to get the miracle rice?

I get it on netrition.com for $2.79, and they also have them on amazon.com--glad you like the photos! It was a pretty good meal for a first attempt :)

Shemsham
01-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Not the best weigh-in (-1.2) but I'm not complaining ;-)

I haven't eaten 1 thing off plan in 3 weeks BUT I have been lax in getting in all my veggie and vitamins - so this week I'm stepping up my game and going to try and get all 4 cups (gulp) of veggie and all ba'zillion vitamins in EVERYDAY.

~ Tammy

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I have the munchies, oh me oh my! This has not happened since the first week!! I am going to have a few baby pickles with some spicy seasoning on them and a bottle of water to go along with it! munchies munchies go away come again ano.... when I am on phase 4!

patns
01-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Good Morning IP family!

Many posts have indicate that it is cardio that slows the weight loss. Light strength training seems to work well.

patns
01-27-2012, 10:31 PM

My coach said without fail the people who have a large salad everyday with lots of lettuce do best on the program. She said it really helps fight hunger and keeps things regular. I am establishing that habit so I will carry it on when I get to maintenance.

patns
01-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Jenboss, ( are you the boss of you? LoL)! When I found out about this plan I knew it was right for me because I would be able to see progress right away and it was strict and that was what I needed. I began the Monday after Thanksgiving knowing that Christmas was around the corner, my birthday (Dec.31), New Year's Eve, etc. there is always something and will forever be something. People travel as well. The point is is that as long as you have a plan it will be ok. For my birthday I just said I will do without cake and ice cream THIS year. I had a nice grilled steak dinner and veggies though. If you need to feel safe do a low key bday this year. if not, do as your signature implies, be the boss and set the agenda. Maybe a dinner of protein and veggies out somewhere. It's the company after all.
I do feel for you though with the comments because they don't understand the consequences of ' cheating.' this isn't like WW points where you can make it up elsewhere. Just keep in mind there are a lot of people here for you and hope you can stay on plan. Good luck.

There are lots of good choices when eating out that will work fine. When people asked at Chistmas why I wouldn't have "just one" glass of wine I said I hadn't had a drink for several months and if I had one after that time I'd likely get a headache. This actually would be true, but everyone accepted that explaination. It just meant that there was more for them.

glomor
01-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Can anyone tell me if eggbeaters are permitted?

gs463
01-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Today was WI# 3 and I am down another 3.25 lbs. I am thrilled. I have lost 9.25 lbs in three weeks which is great for me. I have always been a slow loser. The best part is my cravings have stopped and I am really not hungry most of the time.

mtnsun4
01-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Today was WI# 3 and I am down another 3.25 lbs. I am thrilled. I have lost 9.25 lbs in three weeks which is great for me. I have always been a slow loser. The best part is my cravings have stopped and I am really not hungry most of the time.

Great job!!!:carrot: I love the fact that I also no longer have cravings. Makes things a little easier!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Okay, so these are my crappy little motivational jars that I made today. Sorry for the crappy picture quality; my room has very bad lighting and the flash didn't do much to help that.

PHOTO ONE. (http://i41.tinypic.com/w2ehi9.jpg)
PHOTO TWO. (http://i42.tinypic.com/zkr4o7.jpg)

If you can't read the letters, the one on the left says "pounds to lose" and it notes that 1 pebble stands for 1/5th of a pound. The one on the right says "pounds lost."

It cost about 10 dollars for all the stuff to make it (but only because I couldn't choose between red and blue pebbles; I ended up getting them both! Without the second pack of pebbles it would only have been 7).

Sab964
01-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone! I'm a total newbie but so motivated by everyone on here! I had my first weigh in Wednesday and lost 9.6 lbs! woah! I can do this!

Just wanted to say hi and share my success ;)

bigpassport
01-28-2012, 12:35 AM

i got SEVERE nausea
like being stabbed
/chest/stomach pain
):
not a knock off

I would get stabbing pains in my stomach for maybe 5 or 10 minutes everyday. I thought it was from one of the IP supplement, but I can't remember which one. They came and went, no big deal really. But definitely not something that lasted all night. I think she should discuss that with her coach if it continues to happen.

omgzitsmiranda
01-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Okay, so these are my crappy little motivational jars that I made today. Sorry for the crappy picture quality; my room has very bad lighting and the flash didn't do much to help that.

PHOTO ONE. (http://i41.tinypic.com/w2ehi9.jpg)
PHOTO TWO. (http://i42.tinypic.com/zkr4o7.jpg)

If you can't read the letters, the one on the left says "pounds to lose" and it notes that 1 pebble stands for 1/5th of a pound. The one on the right says "pounds lost."

It cost about 10 dollars for all the stuff to make it (but only because I couldn't choose between red and blue pebbles; I ended up getting them both! Without the second pack of pebbles it would only have been 7).

Those look soo super cute! Good job!

salmongirl
01-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Great job and welcome! I find this place keeps me interested and motivated!

lingereverywhere
01-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a total newbie but so motivated by everyone on here! I had my first weigh in Wednesday and lost 9.6 lbs! woah! I can do this!

Congratulations!! Welcome and what a great start :)

alaskastarr
01-28-2012, 02:40 AM
Hey everyone...sounds like it was a pretty good Friday all around here ;). Congrats to all on their weigh in's and NSV's. Good job and keep doing what your doing because it works.

It's my turn to say GRRR again because my hubby lost 4 pounds and I lost 1 pound. That in and of itself was alright I suppose because a pound lost is a pound gone FOREVER!!! But it was HIS REACTION that made me want to just smack him (figuratively for those who don't know me):rollpin: He turned to me and said, "I ONLY lost 4 pounds, I expected a lot more, I'll have to step it up" I couldn't believe it. I lost ONE pound, I have watched him eat 4 IP packs a day for a week. 2 restricted a day. I've told him I thought we were only supposed to have three. I've told him only one restricted a day. He continues to lose lots of pounds and I am 100% OP and I lost ONE pound. Hmmm...frustrates me a bit that he doesn't see how well he's doing.
Sorry about that rant, but feel better and thanks for listening.

The office I work with was pretty nice and the doctor advised me to use Miralax (Thanks for that suggestion earlier ;) and a fiber supplement daily). Now I'm off to go try that for the first time and get ready for bed.

Thanks for the support sometimes I just need to know that I'm not the only one out there and THANKFULLY :D with all of you here I'm not!!!!:hug:

idealpromom
01-28-2012, 09:53 AM

welcome and congrats - this is a great place to be