Metabolic Research Center - Without a Kitchen

View Full Version : Without a Kitchen

anothergem
01-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Is it possible to do this diet without a kitchen or a water source? I am going back to college and I know that I wasn't successful at being on program and going to school. There were too many factors with distance to the center, the lack of drinking water, limited types of food, and the fact that I had to have a meal plan that seem to only serve carbs and fried food.

I was really successful on the MRC diet at home, but when I went back to school it all fell to pieces and within the last few months I've gained every single pound of the 15 I had lost. As I mentioned, I'm still a college student and money is being sucked up by the beast giving me my education. So do you think it's possible to stick to MRC or is there a better way to do this?

Initially I was drawn to the fact that I didn't have to count calories or do a point system. I really liked how it was simply eating from a list with portion control, which I've never been good at. I'm 23 with no traces of health problems besides being over 123 pounds of my ideal weight. On program I was on the MetaSlim menu and swimming a mile to half everyday or so, but I'm not sure how well I could manage once my supplements run out. Any suggestions?

LeoTheLioness
01-26-2012, 11:49 AM
It may be do-able, but you have to get creative & inventive!
How about purchasing a G. Foreman grill or something similar? You'd be surprised at the amount of vegetables you can grill. Cleaning the grill is as simple as using a damp cloth.

Is there a place where you can fill-up a gallon (or 1/2 gallon or quart) water jug then carry it with you? Yes, I know, a pain in the butt to carry around a jug of water, but just think - it gets lighter as you drink. :D

rachels77
01-26-2012, 12:44 PM
I agree with the George Foreman grill - we use ours alot. Also, do you have access to the microwave? Those steam-in bags of veggies are great in there. Your produce (apples, etc...) should be okay, if you could get to the store... some college cafeterias also offer a salad bar option. Not sure of where you are attending.

Melba toast is excellent at keeping. Cheese sticks... The meat option I'm not too sure about storage if you don't have refrigeration...

JenB72
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Get a Brita Bottle! They're awesome. The filter is built right into the bottle and it costs about $10 (sometimes less). I first saw it on "The Biggest Loser." I've used this bottle anytime I knew I wouldn't be able to have "drinking" water handy.