Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/26/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/26/12

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

ReadytobeHealthy
01-26-2012, 01:40 AM
I am finishing out day 1. It doesn't seem so bad... Feel kind of off?? I am sure thats normal. I feel kinda sick to my stomach and have a slight headache. But I know that once the 1st week passes I will be ok. One foot in front of the other.

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 01:54 AM
I am finishing out day 1. It doesn't seem so bad... Feel kind of off?? I am sure thats normal. I feel kinda sick to my stomach and have a slight headache. But I know that once the 1st week passes I will be ok. One foot in front of the other.

Your body is detoxing, add some salt to your water or put 1/4tsp of the sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it off then drink water. Your BP and/or electrolytes are low...its normal..but if you do this within 10-15 mins it should go away

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-26-2012, 05:10 AM
Okay, so I'm starting back on IP today . . . and I realized that most days during my first week I did not have the required amount of olive oil. Is the olive oil optional? I have no way to incorporate it into my diet other than to just take a spoonful and swallow it plain xD

idealpromom
01-26-2012, 06:31 AM
Morning everyone! Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Okay, so I'm starting back on IP today . . . and I realized that most days during my first week I did not have the required amount of olive oil. Is the olive oil optional? I have no way to incorporate it into my diet other than to just take a spoonful and swallow it plain xD

Glad to see you back, I'm guessing you are feeling better. The olive oil is mandatory. You can use it to cook your meat or fish in the evening or you can mix it with vinegar and a little mustard to make a salad dressing, and you can even use on your veggies if you bake or pan fry them. I use a tsp to pan fry my angel hair cabbage.

SewingMomma
01-26-2012, 08:21 AM

It's required. I usually drizzle some over my lettuce or even over my veggies.

Lorilou
01-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Good morning everyone! Looking forward to being 100% OP today (as everyday). There was some talk yesterday as to whether turnips are allowed or not. They are allowed and not restricted, at least according to the latest sheet I could find dated 5/24/11. You can get the sheet by going to the following link: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Phase%201%20-%20ITG.pdf. If someone knows of a more recent sheet please share it with the group. For those of you skipping your olive oil, it is important you have it. It help move waste through your pipes ;).

I want to make an observation. I feel that over the last few days there has been some not very supportive comments made by members and some comments seem accusatory. We all come here for support and encouragement, to swap ideas and hold each other up. Not tear each other down. I would prefer that if you have nothing nice to say than don't say it at all. If you want to be ugly start your own group and swipe at each other all you like.

Sorry for the rant but I am getting fed up. I need this site for the support it gives. Let's all just be supportive of each other because that is why we are all here.

I hope everyone has a positive and OP day :hug:

NavyMommy
01-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Thanks NavyMommy, now Im totally bummed I've been using onions this week :( Live and learn hopefully I didn't mess it all up.

I wouldn't worry to much about it. Some coaches have said they're okay if they don't brown, but I was told no cooked onions (and that's what on the sheet). I'm sure you will still be fine, and now that you know you'll change, there's nothing you can do about the past.

Would you mind an observation? Well, 2 really. The Jelly doesn't have all the essential amino acids. I think it's recommended for the 4th packet or for occasionally. And 8 oz of tilapia (225 grams) has 45.2 grams of protein; 2 eggs have 12.6.

Really? I had thought all of the packets were formulated to meet all the requirements of the program, so basically the soup and a juice have the same nutrition, and provide all the protein you need. Does that make sense? I will ask my coach about it before I place my order. I'm currently on alternatives, but changing back to some IP / some alternatives so I haven't ordered anything yet. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of a resource so I can do a little more research? Thanks!

Oh, and about the eggs v. fish. I know the fish has more protein so when I have eggs I add in a few extra egg whites. It goes in phases, depending on what I feel like. I just pan cooked the fish last night (and it was delicious!) so I'll probably be on fish for a while now, but as long as it's on the sheet I haven't worried to much about it.

Thanks for your input!

Way to go! And no, the olive oil is not optional. I know you're eating a lot of steamed veggies, you can drizzle a tsp over whatever you're eating (I like it on broccoli) and get it in that way. You'll hardly know its there and it's much more palatable then having to drink a spoonful of it plain.

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 08:42 AM

Good luck! Glad to see you're back. You feeling back to normal now? :hug:

salmongirl
01-26-2012, 08:45 AM

Good morning and welcome. You are getting off sugar and it is a little uncomfortable but passes very soon. Stick with it. For me day 3 was the hardest but I drank all my water and did just fine. (I believe water helps flush the system)

I live in Idaho too. I think we may be the only ones!

AussieonIP
01-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Hey all,

Well first day has gotten off to a great start!

Had a cuppacino shake, shot of espresso and te vitamins

Question though I ate at 5.30, should 1 have one cup of veggies for a mid morning snack? Do u have to eat every 4 hours?

sandralosingweight
01-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Good morning everyone,

Very busy day in here, so no time for reading anything today.

Just a quick hello, telling everybody that finally after 25 days gone by, I was finally able to have a 100% OP day yesterday.

I weighed myself today and I am at 209.2, which is not that bad considering the junk I ate over the holidays.

My measurement are as follows:

Chest: 41'' - Started at 44''
Waist: 36'' - Started at 38''
Hips: 45.5'' - Started at 52''

I only take these measurement, I don't take like calf, thigh, neck or anything else.

I am positive that this time no stopping me before reaching my goal.

Have a good day everyone.

I know mine will be so busy.

New Englander
01-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Good morning everyone! Today's my weigh in day! I'll be back to post my results which is becoming the highlight of my week!!! WOO HOO!!! :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone! Today's my weigh in day! I'll be back to post my results which is becoming the highlight of my week!!! WOO HOO!!! :)

Good luck today! Can't wait to hear the results :carrot:

chod45
01-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning for Alberta

This program works so wonderful when it is followed 100%. Which I am happy to say I follow most of the time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful on program day today.

Also, good luck to eveyone that has a weigh in today. Keep up the good work.

New Englander
01-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Good luck today! Can't wait to hear the results :carrot:
Thank you Miranda!!! :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Thank you Miranda!!! :)

No problem! I love hearing weigh-ins haha :P

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 09:04 AM
I kind of feel like i'm eating something I shouldn't be eating. Something that is slowing down my progress, it's just a "feeling". I haven't cheated, that's all I know. Could I be getting TOO much protein by eating some egg whites? I eat pickles too; I guess I should lay off of those? I will post a typical day.

Breakfast: shake or chocolate balls [I switch back & forth] & 2 egg whites scrambled.
S: 1 cup veggies
Lunch: 1 cup veggies [sometimes 1/2 cup is pickles, but mainly 1/4 cup] & a shake or chocolate balls [like I said, I switch]
S: 1 cup veggies.
Dinner: 8oz protein & 1 cup veggies. [Sometimes I do eat 9oz of meat, but not ALL the time; just like 1x a week]
S: shake.

What am I doing?!

laxmom3
01-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I have read the newbie info and just read the doc's book....I noticed wuvs food journal, and noticed less food than I have been consuming. My home scale shows little losses, so here are my questions :I roast my vegese with olive oil and spices. Could this stall weight loss? Also, in the book, broccoli,cauliflower, turnip, leek,and some mushrooms are not recommended in the first phase as much as the other vegese... I have eaten a lot of these and am wondering if that could be a factor:?:

New Englander
01-26-2012, 09:09 AM
No problem! I love hearing weigh-ins haha :P
Me too!!! :)

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 09:12 AM
I have read the newbie info and just read the doc's book....I noticed wuvs food journal, and noticed less food than I have been consuming. My home scale shows little losses, so here are my questions :I roast my vegese with olive oil and spices. Could this stall weight loss? Also, in the book, broccoli,cauliflower, turnip, leek,and some mushrooms are not recommended in the first phase as much as the other vegese... I have eaten a lot of these and am wondering if that could be a factor:?:

I too was confused about the vegetables in the book vs the vegetables on the phase 1 sheet I received from my coach. I'm guessing as the diet has evolved some things are no longer 'in sync' with the book. The protein allowance at night used to be 5 oz now it is 8.

New Englander
01-26-2012, 09:13 AM
I too was confused about the vegetables in the book vs the vegetables on the phase 1 sheet I received from my coach. I'm guessing as the diet has evolved some things are no longer 'in sync' with the book. The protein allowance at night used to be 5 oz now it is 8.
I believe the book is outdated. I would highly recommend to go by the sheet your receive from your "coach"...

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 09:14 AM
I believe the book is outdated. I would highly recommend to go by the sheet your receive from your "coach"...

Yes, I agree with you.

Lorilou
01-26-2012, 09:19 AM
You can find the latest sheet dated 5/24/11 at: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Pha...%20-%20ITG.pdf. If someone knows of a more recent sheet please share it with the group.

NavyMommy
01-26-2012, 09:19 AM
I kind of feel like i'm eating something I shouldn't be eating. Something that is slowing down my progress, it's just a "feeling". I haven't cheated, that's all I know. Could I be getting TOO much protein by eating some egg whites? I eat pickles too; I guess I should lay off of those? I will post a typical day.

Breakfast: shake or chocolate balls [I switch back & forth] & 2 egg whites scrambled.
S: 1 cup veggies
Lunch: 1 cup veggies [sometimes 1/2 cup is pickles, but mainly 1/4 cup] & a shake or chocolate balls [like I said, I switch]
S: 1 cup veggies.
Dinner: 8oz protein & 1 cup veggies. [Sometimes I do eat 9oz of meat, but not ALL the time; just like 1x a week]
S: 1 cup veggies & shake.

What am I doing?!

There are 5 cups of veggies there, you're supposed to be eating 4 cups a day (2 with lunch, 2 with dinner although it's just fine if you spread them out). Also, if you're hungry I would continue with the egg whites, but now that you're in ketosis I might try a day or two without them. They're certainly not hurting you (my coach said egg whites are free, so the first few days I had some scrambled mid afternoon while I was going into ketosis) but if you're not happy with your numbers you might think about trying it without them. IMO though you're doing great!!

NavyMommy
01-26-2012, 09:21 AM

What book are you referring to, the new cookbook? Personally I just go with the sheet (posted in the sticky thread) and don't worry about it. What does an average day look like, maybe there's something else there you might not be seeing.

I roast my veggies most nights too, that shouldn't be a problem.

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 09:21 AM
There are 5 cups of veggies there, you're supposed to be eating 4 cups a day (2 with lunch, 2 with dinner although it's just fine if you spread them out). Also, if you're hungry I would continue with the egg whites, but now that you're in ketosis I might try a day or two without them. They're certainly not hurting you (my coach said egg whites are free, so the first few days I had some scrambled mid afternoon while I was going into ketosis) but if you're not happy with your numbers you might think about trying it without them. IMO though you're doing great!!

Ack! I'm not actually having 5 I guess I just wrote down 5 or else that would probably be the problem LOL. I think I've been doing good, I'm just kind of getting the feeling by stopping something else I'm doing, I would be doing better? Does that make sense? I don't know :P Maybe I'm just having a slow progress week and I can just FEEL it.

Thanks for the help :)

idealpromom
01-26-2012, 09:27 AM
MORNING AGAIN !
couple of questions.....

1. Am I correct in saying we are allowed 8oz of protein a day?
2. Is it okay to take a couple of ounces of that protein and put it at my lunch and still have my protein packet?
3. Is there such a thing as too many veggies?
4. and finally, is there such a thing as too much water.

Thanks everyone.......

idealpromom
01-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Good morning everyone,

Just a quick hello, telling everybody that finally after 25 days gone by, I was finally able to have a 100% OP day yesterday.

I weighed myself today and I am at 209.2, which is not that bad considering the junk I ate over the holidays.

I only take these measurement, I don't take like calf, thigh, neck or anything else.

just remember what you said yesterday !!! "It is hard, but NOT impossible"

have a super day!

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 09:32 AM
MORNING AGAIN !
couple of questions.....

2. Is it okay to take a couple of ounces of that protein and put it at my lunch and still have my protein packet?

Thanks everyone.......

Yes 8oz of protein. You CAN split it up sometimes, but most people advise doing it every single day.

Also, yes i've been told/read that anything over 4 cups of the approved is a no-no. Also, yes I'm sure there is TOO much water. But I drink 5 liters a day & I'm fine.

Lorilou
01-26-2012, 09:34 AM
MORNING AGAIN !
couple of questions.....

Thanks everyone.......

Hello,
To answer your questions:

1 & 2. Yes 8oz of protein a day with dinner or you may break it up and have some with lunch and have your protein packet. I would only have 2-3oz of protein with lunch.
3. Only 4 cups of veggies per day. 2 with lunch and 2 with dinner or you can break it up and use veggie for a snack.
4. Yes, if you suffered from edema fefore going on IP then be careful with your water intake. If you find your edema getting worse than lower your water.

http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Pha...%20-%20ITG.pdf This link will take you to the latesr IP sheet.

Good luck :hug:

NavyMommy
01-26-2012, 09:35 AM
MORNING AGAIN !
couple of questions.....

Thanks everyone.......

1. Yes, 8oz measured raw.
2. Yes, I wouldn't do more than 2ozs or so though because you want the bulk of your protein in the evenings to keep you full overnight.
3. YES, you should only be having 4 cups of veggies a day, but lettuce is unlimited (iceberg and romaine). FYI Spinach / Kale and the like count as veggies not lettuce.
4. There's debate over this one. Personally I drink about 120ozs a day plus a couple of cups of herbal tea. That works for me, but you have to do what works for you.

Hope this helps!

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I made chicken salad with the WF mayo and a little honey dijon. I also added cucumbers, onions, green onions and a little bit of mushroom. IT WAS SO SO SO SO YUMMY! :) I plan on making it again today just because it was so good and so light! If you plan on making it, just make sure when you cook your chicken breast you season it really good because the WF mayo doesnt actually taste like 'MAYO" haha. But with the right seasonings and veggies and a little mustard, you get a really delicious chicken salad. I don't think, off IP or not, I will ever use regular mayo for my chicken salad again!

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT OP DAYYY!!!

also, my weigh in's are on wednesdays, so my challenge for myself is to NOT get on the scale until then. Hope I can manage!

Lorilou
01-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Yesterday I made chicken salad with the WF mayo and a little honey dijon. I also added cucumbers, onions, green onions and a little bit of mushroom. IT WAS SO SO SO SO YUMMY! :) I plan on making it again today just because it was so good and so light! If you plan on making it, just make sure when you cook your chicken breast you season it really good because the WF mayo doesnt actually taste like 'MAYO" haha. But with the right seasonings and veggies and a little mustard, you get a really delicious chicken salad. I don't think, off IP or not, I will ever use regular mayo for my chicken salad again!

also, my weigh in's are on wednesdays, so my challenge for myself is to NOT get on the scale until then. Hope I can manage!

That sounds good. Be careful with the honey dijon as it does have sugar. You can substitute the honey dijon by mixing WF pancake syrup with yellow mustard (thanks Pamelama for this idea). It's not as good of course but is OP.

NavyMommy
01-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Yummy!! Chicken Salad sounds so good right now. I've heard the mayo is okay if doctored up, but honestly I haven't tried it. I would love to be able to get it in a local store. I never think to add it when I'm shopping online.

Looks like we're right about the same height / weight. How long have you been on IP for? Good luck to you in staying off the scale! I love the idea of being surprised by my number but haven't gotten there yet.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 09:42 AM

NOT CUCUMBERS! ha, celery!!

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 09:47 AM
That sounds good. Be careful with the honey dijon as it does have sugar. You can substitute the honey dijon by mixing WF pancake syrup with yellow mustard (thanks Pamelama for this idea). It's not as good of course but is OP.

I use French's Dijon and it is 0 carbs, 0 fat it does however have 5 calories per tsp, but I usually only use it once or twice a week and usually only about a tsp!

Jag23
01-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Good morning. I'm just out the door to work with my well packed lunch. Had a spinard smoothie with chocolate pudding Delicious! Hope everyone stays OP.........

Ducksmy
01-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Good Morning,
I am feeling so much better this am! Maybe my body is adjusting? Thanks for all the love and support yesterday! MWAH to you all :hug:

grassfedbeef
01-26-2012, 09:52 AM

I actually use the WF mayo and add curry powder to make curry chicken salad. It tastes almost exactly the same as when I used to make it with real mayo. Makes me happy and warm inside! ;)

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Yummy!! Chicken Salad sounds so good right now. I've heard the mayo is okay if doctored up, but honestly I haven't tried it. I would love to be able to get it in a local store. I never think to add it when I'm shopping online.

Looks like we're right about the same height / weight. How long have you been on IP for? Good luck to you in staying off the scale! I love the idea of being surprised by my number but haven't gotten there yet.

Hey navymom! The chicken salad was really good, plus I love chicken salad and was kinda bummed I wasnt going to be able to have it, and then I FOUND THE WF MAYO AND WAS SO EXCITED haha! You should try it, but for sure doctor it, like i said I just added a bit more spice than I normally would have to my chicken when cooking it! It also makes it a lot easier to get your chicken in that "chicken salad texture" if you cut your breast into fairly small chunks before cooking! - just my opinion :)

And we are about the same! Today is day 28 for me! what about you? And that is why I don't want to get on the scale! Plus, last week was kind of discouraging for me because I wasnt seeing any weight loss until Finally day before weigh in I lost 2lbs. So I just don't want something as silly as a SCALE getting in my head! :)

newmom7611
01-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Hey everyone. Well I go to weigh in at 11... So in about an hour. My weight loss has been pretty slow lately :( if I don't lose 2 lbs since last week, I'm going to cut out all the new yummy recipes I've been using-- to see if that's the culprit . I HOPE I don't have to do that, but we will see soon enough.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 09:56 AM
I actually use the WF mayo and add curry powder to make curry chicken salad. It tastes almost exactly the same as when I used to make it with real mayo. Makes me happy and warm inside! ;)

I will absolutely have to try that! That is what I love so much about this site! I post something that was good, and everyone else tell me ways they have changed it up some so I get to try even more different things!!

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Hey everyone. Well I go to weigh in at 11... So in about an hour. My weight loss has been pretty slow lately :( if I don't lose 2 lbs since last week, I'm going to cut out all the new yummy recipes I've been using-- to see if that's the culprit . I HOPE I don't have to do that, but we will see soon enough.

Good Luck!:)

lingereverywhere
01-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Morning everyone! It's my third day back at an office job after starting IP 2 1/2 weeks ago. So far it's been okay though definitely introduced a new aspect of challenge to the mix. The hardest part is the hunger, which is a hurdle since after day 5 I haven't been bothered by hunger at all. I expected this though because I know my hunger patterns on the office-day schedule and have been having most of my "dinner" at lunch time (then an IP packet for dinner). Does anyone know if doing this will affect my results in any way? Or have any advice for satisfying snacks (veggies are NOT enough to get me through to lunch) that are OP and don't use an IP packet?

thin4me
01-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone
I lost 4lbs yesterday at my weigh in, brings me back to where I was prior to my xmas break - makes me happy :)

I;m looking for help to access the Alternative Sticky - believe it said it was closed to posting. Saw the link on here the other day but be damned if I can find it now.

Any help would be appreciated - thx

LaLibE
01-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Good morning everyone,

:carrot:
Hurray!! Me too, thank you for getting me motivated too!

patns

I haven't been careful about getting the olive oil in. I realized lately that when I have it my weight loss is much better and it really helps with the constipation issue. Don't you have salad or lettuce? Actually these help with constipation also, put oil and vinegar on it and you have a double whammy against a big problem, the big C.

grannyto2bear
Morning everyone! It's my third day back at an office job after starting IP 2 1/2 weeks ago. So far it's been okay though definitely introduced a new aspect of challenge to the mix. The hardest part is the hunger, which is a hurdle since after day 5 I haven't been bothered by hunger at all. I expected this though because I know my hunger patterns on the office-day schedule and have been having most of my "dinner" at lunch time (then an IP packet for dinner). Does anyone know if doing this will affect my results in any way? Or have any advice for satisfying snacks (veggies are NOT enough to get me through to lunch) that are OP and don't use an IP packet?
Hi, welcome to IP. I have right from when I started on IP had my big meal at noon, I asked my coach and she said it was okay for me to do this. Not all coaches have the same answers so you might want to ask yours. I will change it around if I know we are going out just to make it easier to find something to eat when not at home to fix it myself. I usually have my restricted in the afternoon for my snack. I find this has worked for me, hope this helps.

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-26-2012, 10:40 AM
To those that asked if I was feeling better: I am! I still have a bad cough, but it's nothing I can't handle. I was worried I'd gain some weight back while I was off plan, but I actually lost a little bit!

I was going to get a haircut on Friday because I want to let my hair grow out while I'm losing weight, but instead I'm going to spend the little money I have on a couple of things for motivation purposes.

Also, no I don't have salad or lettuce because it wilts too fast and the lettuce that goes bad isn't worth it.

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
To those that asked if I was feeling better: I am! I still have a bad cough, but it's nothing I can't handle. I was worried I'd gain some weight back while I was off plan, but I actually lost a little bit!

I was going to get a haircut on Friday because I want to let my hair grow out while I'm losing weight, but instead I'm going to spend the little money I have on a couple of things for motivation purposes.

Also, no I don't have salad or lettuce because it wilts too fast and the lettuce that goes bad isn't worth it.

Glad to hear you're feeling better! That's awesome! Proud of you for getting right back on track :) Have you picked up some more food yet? What are you doing for motivational purposes?

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 10:45 AM
I know this is still a little over 10 months away but I am SO excited to be hosting Thanksgiving this year! I love having family over & just cooking until my heart is content lol. Just one of my things :P

It will be here before we know it though! But I just had to share how excited I am. I'm also anticipating being to goal before then, so here's hoping it will all work out! :D :D

Day 17 and going strong! WOO HOO!

New Englander
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Just got back from my weigh in and I lost 4 lbs!!! My weight loss took off since I began being careful about NOT carmelizing my veggies (this is why cooked onions aren't allowed...they carmelize easily)...WOO HOO!!! Also, because WUV told me to measure my veggies RAW (think growling) RAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! I went from losing 2.something pounds per week to 4 or 3 pounds loss per week and have kept it up for 3 straight weeks!!! WOO HOO!!!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-26-2012, 10:50 AM
I haven't picked up more food yet, but I had enough for a whole week when I got sick so I have enough to get me by until next Friday! It's going to be a bit bland until then, but I'm at least going to be OP.

And I think wuv posted a picture of the pebble things in the two jars showing Pounds Lost and Pounds To Go. I'm doing something like that!

SomedayBubblySomeday
Just got back from my weigh in and I lost 4 lbs!!! My weight loss took off since I began being careful about NOT carmelizing my veggies (this is why cooked onions aren't allowed...they carmelize easily)...WOO HOO!!! Also, because WUV told me to measure my veggies RAW (think growling) RAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!! I went from losing 2.something pounds per week to 4 or 3 pounds loss per week and have kept it up for 3 straight weeks!!! WOO HOO!!!

CONGRATS! They should put a cartwheel icon on this thing :)

Lorilou

WooHoo:carrot:

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I haven't picked up more food yet, but I had enough for a whole week when I got sick so I have enough to get me by until next Friday! It's going to be a bit bland until then, but I'm at least going to be OP.

And I think wuv posted a picture of the pebble things in the two jars showing Pounds Lost and Pounds To Go. I'm doing something like that!

Well that's awesome :) Glad to see you're back on track :)!

Aw yeah! I saw that too, I've been thinking about buying some stuff to do that too. :D

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 10:53 AM

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO! Go you! :cp::bravo::dancer::broc:

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 11:02 AM

I have a question! I never ever cook my onions, although I do cook green onions, but the sheet doesnt say that is a no-no. BUT as far a caramelizing veggies - PLURAL - can I cook mushrooms way down? Because I ALWAYS cook them for a good bit! Thank you :)

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 11:02 AM

OH, and congratulations on the weight loss!!

3mama
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM

That is awesome!! So motivating to see your results! Thank you for sharing with us.

rokkerchik20
01-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone, have been 100% OP for nearly a week now, my coach told me to use the ketostix to make sure i am in ketosis this time around, 2 days ago, it was an obvious ketosis, but this morning its barely noticeable -
That being said, all of my packets yesterday had been sweet ones (Shakes and a bar) - could the IP packets (with too much Sugar) take me out of ketosis??

JellyMae87
01-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone, have been 100% OP for nearly a week now, my coach told me to use the ketostix to make sure i am in ketosis this time around, 2 days ago, it was an obvious ketosis, but this morning its barely noticeable -
That being said, all of my packets yesterday had been sweet ones (Shakes and a bar) - could the IP packets (with too much Sugar) take me out of ketosis??

No. These sticks have always been kinda controversial... If you follow the protocol as designed. You have no need to worry about the little stuff like that.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 11:20 AM

I know my coach doesn't let me have ant bars, any restricted items at all right now. I usually have the wildberry yogurt, pina colada drink and then I mix the orange drink and the vanilla drink to get a dreamcicle and have half one day, half the next since it is 2 packets. Then I have veggies all throughout the day to total my 4 cups. At first, I wanted to go to a different coach because I wanted those bars and restricted foods! But now, I am so glad I don't because I have lost 22lbs in 27 days, for an average loss of 5.5 lbs per week! So I would say, the more you want to lose the better you have to eat!

rokkerchik20
01-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Just a tip, i heard from others in the past - it really works for me

I was in the shoppers drug mart line up & it used to be habit to always pick up some chips or chocolate bc i liked to "treat" myself,

Now when i am in the store and am craving that "treat" i buy a nice scarf, or some new nail polish, eyshadow- I walk out feeling satisfied!

rokkerchik20
01-26-2012, 11:24 AM
I know my coach doesn't let me have ant bars, any restricted items at all right now. I usually have the wildberry yogurt, pina colada drink and then I mix the orange drink and the vanilla drink to get a dreamcicle and have half one day, half the next since it is 2 packets. Then I have veggies all throughout the day to total my 4 cups. At first, I wanted to go to a different coach because I wanted those bars and restricted foods! But now, I am so glad I don't because I have lost 22lbs in 27 days, for an average loss of 5.5 lbs per week! So I would say, the more you want to lose the better you have to eat!

Really?? I have been allowed restricted from day 1, the idea of cutting them kind of makes me squirm, but WOW - u have done incredible with your weight loss! I may have to try it for a cpl weeks and see if it makes a difference! Thx:)

rokkerchik20
01-26-2012, 11:25 AM
No. These sticks have always been kinda controversial... If you follow the protocol as designed. You have no need to worry about the little stuff like that.

Awesome! Thank you :smug:, i tend to stress over the silliest things

3mama
01-26-2012, 11:29 AM

Ketostix can be swayed by your bodies hydration levels. If you have a little bit less water in your system at that moment then the amount of ketones will be more concentrated in your urine. If you have more water in your system at that moment then the concentration of ketones will be less. As with all things our bodies naturally fluctuate throughout the day. I've always heard of being in ketosis like being pregnant - your either are or aren't. Hope that helps!

New Englander
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
I have a question! I never ever cook my onions, although I do cook green onions, but the sheet doesnt say that is a no-no. BUT as far a caramelizing veggies - PLURAL - can I cook mushrooms way down? Because I ALWAYS cook them for a good bit! Thank you :)
I have read that mushrooms can carmelize. Just be careful not to leave them on heat for long periods of time 'cause that's when the chemical reaction will happen hence carmelizing. Google it though for a more appropriate answer/definition. I've never explained it to anyone... :)

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Really?? I have been allowed restricted from day 1, the idea of cutting them kind of makes me squirm, but WOW - u have done incredible with your weight loss! I may have to try it for a cpl weeks and see if it makes a difference! Thx:)

Oh trust me, the idea gave me SUCH a bitter taste in my mouth because I was like, everyone else gets them! And I mean, I know people that do just great and have restricted items! Now, I don't even really think about it because i just LOVE getting on the scale and seeing that weight loss! (that still sounds crazy to me, "love getting on the scale") But, if you aren't seeing the results you would like to see, try cutting back on the restricted for a week, see if you get results you are happier with, you never know!

But, no matter what, you are doing great sticking to IP only foods, restricted or not!

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 11:38 AM
I have read that mushrooms can carmelize. Just be careful not to leave them on heat for long periods of time 'cause that's when the chemical reaction will happen hence carmelizing. Google it though for a more appropriate answer/definition. I've never explained it to anyone... :)

Thanks! I have been so strict on myself and 100% OP I don't want something as silly as cooking mushrooms to long to mess me up!

west dakota
01-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone, i just started IP and its my 4th day. I gotta say last nite was the worst nite, i could have killed for anything sweet. I honestly thought this is stupid i'm quitting. Then i ate a huge bowl of lettuce. This morning not feeling very lite i weighed myself anyway and discovered i was down 4#, true fully if i seen a gain i wouldn't be OP this minute. Then i read my tips sheet and it says that i can have up to 4 unrestrited packets in a day, if i would have known that last nite wouldn't have been so bad.
looking forward to reading all your posts.

Icathinme
01-26-2012, 11:43 AM
I am trying to find the recipe for the "bread" using the broccoli cheese soup! Can someone help me out here, I can't seem to find it!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I am trying to find the recipe for the "bread" using the broccoli cheese soup! Can someone help me out here, I can't seem to find it!

I posted it on yesterday's thread, page 3, I think :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone, i just started IP and its my 4th day. I gotta say last nite was the worst nite, i could have killed for anything sweet. I honestly thought this is stupid i'm quitting. Then i ate a huge bowl of lettuce. This morning not feeling very lite i weighed myself anyway and discovered i was down 4#, true fully if i seen a gain i wouldn't be OP this minute. Then i read my tips sheet and it says that i can have up to 4 unrestrited packets in a day, if i would have known that last nite wouldn't have been so bad.

Have you tried the soy chocolate balls? they're amazing! and help with a sweet tooth craving!

newmom7611
01-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Well I'm back from my weigh in... Another small loss (compared to my usual 2.5-3 lb loss) no loss is too small for me :) but I was down 1.4 Lbs-- Same as last week. This is all according to the new clinic's scale. I was 154 on my scale at home and 156 at the clinic. I've been using my scale longer and mine is a little nicer than their scale. Regardless, I'm going in the right direction. I've also been losing a good amount of inches. My Clothes are getting bigger and bigger each week, so the number on the scale doesn't really get to me as much as it used to :) anyways- I'm happy.

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Well I'm back from my weigh in... Another small loss (compared to my usual 2.5-3 lb loss) no loss is too small for me :) but I was down 1.4 Lbs-- Same as last week. This is all according to the new clinic's scale. I was 154 on my scale at home and 156 at the clinic. I've been using my scale longer and mine is a little nicer than their scale. Regardless, I'm going in the right direction. I've also been losing a good amount of inches. My Clothes are getting bigger and bigger each week, so the number on the scale doesn't really get to me as much as it used to :) anyways- I'm happy.

Congrats nonetheless! I love your attitude about it too!

idealpromom
01-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Hi again !

Thanks for all your answers to my previous questions !!

another question...
I steam cabbage, spinach and other veggies on Sunday for the week (or the first part of the week). How do I measure them if they are already cooked - can I measure them in oz or grams.... and if so - what is the measurement I should count for 2 cups.
THANKS!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Way to go, newmom! I've just been in my closet trying on things (I do it every week for motivation) and there are these 2 shirts that I've had for years and never worn. They're pretty button down oxfords, but cut very feminine--more narrow through bust and waist. Anyway, every year, I say to myself that I want these shirts to fit by my birthday (end of May). And some years, I get close but not enough, other years, I can't even button them. So, guess where they went today? To the front of my closet because they actually fit!

Sucree
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi,

I am also starting TODAY. So far so good. I had the RTD Mango smoothie, my vitamines, and coffee this morning. Had water, but feel a little flushed, I think I will try the salt suggested by Wuv. I am very nervous, I really hope I can survive the next 3 days and meet my goals. Have a good day!everyone!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi again !

Thanks for all your answers to my previous questions !!

another question...
I steam cabbage, spinach and other veggies on Sunday for the week (or the first part of the week). How do I measure them if they are already cooked - can I measure them in oz or grams.... and if so - what is the measurement I should count for 2 cups.
THANKS!

I've been measuring them in grams and using this site as a guide: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2816/2

TBird
01-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

The last two WI's I have only had 1.2 lbs loss at each...I am happy its not the other way! :) I am strictly OP all the time and feeling down that the weight loss numbers aren't larger. Anyway-my coach gave me the detox, I am starting it tomorrow.....has anyone done it? What have the results been? Has it helped?

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi,

I am also starting TODAY. So far so good. I had the RTD Mango smoothie, my vitamines, and coffee this morning. Had water, but feel a little flushed, I think I will try the salt suggested by Wuv. I am very nervous, I really hope I can survive the next 3 days and meet my goals. Have a good day!everyone!

You can do this!!!!

newmom7611
01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks Miranda! And someday-- thats awesome! That's honestly my favorite part of losing this weight. Not the scale or any other numerical value-- but that I went from a 16 to a 12 in 2 months. I have a pair of 10s (from high school :) ) that I can't wait to comfortably button! Hopefully by valentines day I'll be able to get them on :)

I had a bar for breakfast and I can't wait to have a sandwich with the broc and cheese "bread." I was in the store last night to get some turkey like some of you do for this sandwhich... I was in the deli aisle for quite some time to find the leanest, lowest sodium, lowest everything brand I could find. In EVERY deli turkey or chicken one of the main ingredients was sugar. Sugar wasn't listed on the one I got, but I'm curious to the brand everyone else is using. I don't wanna sabotage myself by having a slice of turkey 2x a week. Anyone have any comments on this?

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 12:05 PM

DONT GIVE UP! you have lost a pound a day and that is GREAT! I went through the same thing as you, trust me it gets better and easier! Everytime you are really wanting something that isnt OP, drink water, I used to down a bottle and then I would feel full and bloated and wouldnt even conisder putting anything else in my mouth!

newmom7611
01-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

The last two WI's I have only had 1.2 lbs loss at each...I am happy its not the other way! :) I am strictly OP all the time and feeling down that the weight loss numbers aren't larger. Anyway-my coach gave me the detox, I am starting it tomorrow.....has anyone done it? What have the results been? Has it helped?

It's so interesting that this happend to you at exactly around the same time it happend to me. I think our bodies are just really fighting the 150s. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen 150 anything on the scale in about 5 years or so... Let's hope for the whoosh fairy. Lets fight back against our bodies, so we can finally welcome the 140s!! We can do this. I'm hoping for 149 or lower by valentines day <3 good luck!

grassfedbeef
01-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I was at Costco yesterday and they had a sparkling water called Sparkling Rain. It was 0/0/0, but when I looked at the ingredients it had sucrolose and some juice concentrate. I took a sip of it and it was delicious, but felt way to sweet to be allowed. Thoughts?

LaLibE
01-26-2012, 12:19 PM
I was at Costco yesterday and they had a sparkling water called Sparkling Rain. It was 0/0/0, but when I looked at the ingredients it had sucrolose and some juice concentrate. I took a sip of it and it was delicious, but felt way to sweet to be allowed. Thoughts?

I use that as a treat, it's very good and feels WRONG!!! It's really nice to has something like that if you are socializing and everyone else is having wine, etc. My coach said it's OK.

AussieonIP
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Hey all,

Day 1 and going along fine, feeling a little light headed but that's to be expected, just made a boo boo at lunch getting ready to try the chicken soup, and I accidentally put my strawberry pudding into the hot water rather than the soup!!!! Turns out its a nice warm drink for a cold winters day!!! No matter soup for the snack!

Cheers/S...

TBird
01-26-2012, 12:21 PM
It's so interesting that this happend to you at exactly around the same time it happend to me. I think our bodies are just really fighting the 150s. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen 150 anything on the scale in about 5 years or so... Let's hope for the whoosh fairy. Lets fight back against our bodies, so we can finally welcome the 140s!! We can do this. I'm hoping for 149 or lower by valentines day <3 good luck!

Thanks!!! We can do it!!! I am hoping for the same! Have you done the cleanse?

TBird
01-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I saw a lot of chat about Turnips yesterday.......I like routabaga, microwave for 20 mins-peel it-mash it. YUMMY!!! I do not add anything to it at all! Tastes so sweet to me.

TracyAWC
01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Just checking in - a belated thank you to the congrats on getting close to goal. Have my WI tomorrow but I anticipate another week on P1.

And to vent a little - I haven't had that much to lose...say 25 pounds...and up to this point no one has really said anything about how I look. Now all of a sudden the comments are coming. And a lot of them contain phrase like "are you ever going to stop? don't get too skinny!" I don't think these women are trying to be mean...I know it comes from a place of insecurity but it's still AGGRAVATING and a lesson for me to keep my mouth shut unless it's to say "great job" or "you look great". Period. Thanks for letting me vent ;)

newmom7611
01-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks!!! We can do it!!! I am hoping for the same! Have you done the cleanse?

No I haven't done the cleanse. When I was having problems with the big C, my coach gave me a big bottle of "calm." it's like mirolax, but it's OP. I got the raspberry lemonade flavor. It does seem to move things along after drinking it a day or two in a row. I still struggle with it a bit though , if im not drinking the calm regularly.

This may be way TMI but I need to know. Has anyone had as little as 2 bowel Movements in a week or if having 3-4, it's a very little amount? I'm wondering if this is a part of why my weight loss slowing too? I'm about to start taking a probiotic once or twice a day to see if that helps at all... Thanks everyone for always being there!!

happy2bme1
01-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Good morning everyone! Looking forward to being 100% OP today (as everyday). There was some talk yesterday as to whether turnips are allowed or not. They are allowed and not restricted, at least according to the latest sheet I could find dated 5/24/11. You can get the sheet by going to the following link: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Phase%201%20-%20ITG.pdf. If someone knows of a more recent sheet please share it with the group. For those of you skipping your olive oil, it is important you have it. It help move waste through your pipes ;).

I want to make an observation. I feel that over the last few days there has been some not very supportive comments made by members and some comments seem accusatory. We all come here for support and encouragement, to swap ideas and hold each other up. Not tear each other down. I would prefer that if you have nothing nice to say than don't say it at all. If you want to be ugly start your own group and swipe at each other all you like.

Sorry for the rant but I am getting fed up. I need this site for the support it gives. Let's all just be supportive of each other because that is why we are all here.

thanks for stepping in and bringing up what is hard for people to say. we are here to support each other whether we agree with someone's point or not. I love this thread and appreciate Wuv for taking the time to start it each day. Keep up the journey everyone because we are all on it together.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-26-2012, 12:42 PM

I was told we need it to keep our gall bladder healthy. My coach said EVOO or grape seed oil. And like the other ladies said I just drizzle mine when cooking. Since I usually have chicken or fish for dinner I'll drizzle a little on top and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Then wrap in a foil pack and bake in the oven. Works for fresh or frozen (mine are always frozen). I'll drizzle on my veggies too if I broil or do a little coating if they're going in a pan on the stove. Hope that helps. How are you usually eating your veggies?

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 12:44 PM
No I haven't done the cleanse. When I was having problems with the big C, my coach gave me a big bottle of "calm." it's like mirolax, but it's OP. I got the raspberry lemonade flavor. It does seem to move things along after drinking it a day or two in a row. I still struggle with it a bit though , if im not drinking the calm regularly.

This may be way TMI but I need to know. Has anyone had as little as 2 bowel Movements in a week or if having 3-4, it's a very little amount? I'm wondering if this is a part of why my weight loss slowing too? I'm about to start taking a probiotic once or twice a day to see if that helps at all... Thanks everyone for always being there!!

I had no idea that miralax wasnt allowed..? Tmi but im having same problems meep.

TBird
01-26-2012, 12:52 PM

I have the exact opposite problem!!! I have the big D 3-4 times a week(WAYYY TMI)! I'm frightened to do the detox now lol!

idealpromom
01-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I've been measuring them in grams and using this site as a guide: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2816/2

thank you so much - very helpfull :hug:

wyo1963
01-26-2012, 12:55 PM

That's the goal to encourage EVERYONE!:D:carrot: Have a blessed day!

wyo1963
01-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi,

Good you have you! I am at day 16 of IP. A few days I could have eaten my computer, but just stuff lettuce in, it will pass. Told my self it took me 4 years to put this wt on, it's going to take less than 4 months to take it off, so hang in there. May sound dumb, but talk to your self. Have some salt with your water, keep your electrolytes up! Low salt, potassium and mag can make you light headed or even nauseous. Happy 1st day of the rest of your life!!:D

Medic131
01-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Good morning all,
I've been lurking for a while and figured I'd introduce myself now. My name is Brandon, live in central Washington, work as a paramedic. I'm in the middle of my 3rd week OP and have 2 great WI's so far. I've lost 24lbs and 11 inches.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the questions and answers that have been posted, embarrassing or not. I do find it interesting that so many coaches give different opinions of how the program should work. Congrats to everyone for their successes and encouragement to those that have had struggles.

geminezmarie
01-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi all! So it's my day two. Last night I was so hungry I considered eating my pillow. Didn't do it. Yet. But...

This morning I awoke with throbbing headache and had the premade vanilla drink (yum, btw) and just 2 hours later had to eat one of the bars (yummier, btw) or felt like I'd faint. After eating that, I felt great, ready to face the day with energy and joy.

So do most people eat their restricted IP earlier, does it or anything else help keep the hunger down?

TBird
01-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks Miranda! And someday-- thats awesome! That's honestly my favorite part of losing this weight. Not the scale or any other numerical value-- but that I went from a 16 to a 12 in 2 months. I have a pair of 10s (from high school :) ) that I can't wait to comfortably button! Hopefully by valentines day I'll be able to get them on :)

I had a bar for breakfast and I can't wait to have a sandwich with the broc and cheese "bread." I was in the store last night to get some turkey like some of you do for this sandwhich... I was in the deli aisle for quite some time to find the leanest, lowest sodium, lowest everything brand I could find. In EVERY deli turkey or chicken one of the main ingredients was sugar. Sugar wasn't listed on the one I got, but I'm curious to the brand everyone else is using. I don't wanna sabotage myself by having a slice of turkey 2x a week. Anyone have any comments on this?

What is this broc and cheese "bread"? I can't find the recipe.

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi all! So it's my day two. Last night I was so hungry I considered eating my pillow. Didn't do it. Yet. But...

This morning I awoke with throbbing headache and had the premade vanilla drink (yum, btw) and just 2 hours later had to eat one of the bars (yummier, btw) or felt like I'd faint. After eating that, I felt great, ready to face the day with energy and joy.

So do most people eat their restricted IP earlier, does it or anything else help keep the hunger down?

I had my restricted at lunch but now i switch between breakfast and lunch. Try downing some water and a few pickle chips. Stay busy, it WILL pass!

newmom7611
01-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Miranda- I can't swear that mirolax would sabotage anything. My coach had mentioned that most OTCs had some hidden sugars.. Tylenol and advil included... I know alot of IPers take them, so it's kind of a discrepancy I think.

Tbird sometimes I'd rather have the big D if it means I can go!! And I hope and pray for a good amount so I feel "light on my feet." just be careful and make sure you're getting plenty of water and be sure to take your vitamins. As we all know the D can cause DEhydration too :/

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
WI in a couple hours and I'm a bit nervous. I've been on the Wii Fit a couple times this week so I know about where I am and I'm a little disappointed that it isn't lower since it's been two weeks since my last WI. We had snow and the office was closed, which also meant having to emergency switch to alternatives without much knowledge about them. Hopefully now that things are back to normal it will speed up a bit. Wish me luck!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 01:22 PM

thanks for stepping in and bringing up what is hard for people to say. we are here to support each other whether we agree with someone's point or not. I love this thread and appreciate Wuv for taking the time to start it each day. Keep up the journey everyone because we are all on it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior
I am have been glad for this site because I like following people's success and knowing it is possible to achieve our goal. I have found great recipes. God Bless Finn, he is the best. I think I will stay in the shadows for the most part now because the us vs them mentality just doesn't sit well in my heart. I will continue to stay 100% OP. Good luck to everyone:-) May you all reach your goals. Gini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giniwarrior
I respect what your saying, however like I indicated in another post addiction to food is similar to addiction to alcohol. So, although we shouldn't condone cheating we should encourage people to get back on track. Addictions are multifaceted. Its like a line has been drawn in the sand here. I have not cheated nor do I intend to. Encouraging people to get back on track is not saying, "Okay, here is a quick pat on the head so just cheat away." Thats not what I am saying. Every individual's situation is different. I have read the different threads and think that some want validation for cheating but, others are simply struggling. The situation is not only on threads that are for cheaters and for 100% OP it spills into other threads.
I see people every day in my job fighting to live. So, I guess it changes my perspective in how I feel about people fighting to just change their lives. Its a struggle. I just dont feel its so cut and dry. That said I thinks its great that you give the encouragement that you do to everyone. That you have done so well in your journey is encouragement in itself. Anyway, this is just my opinon and you know what they say about opinions...............
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1963
Far be it from me to be perfect. Everyone needs encouragement and to know that others are not perfect and may or may not struggle is part of having relationships. Isn't that what this is for- building friendships and encouraging each other. Who needs a thread if we're perfect and never need encouragment to get through a tuff time. Encouragement isn't just for those who never fall off the wagon. Thank you for bring your point up.

Gini, I think this is very well said, and I hope you don't remain in the shadows, and Wyo1963, I think you said it well also. I think it's really important to admit publicly what mistakes we make so that we can take responsibility for them--but to do that, we have to be ready to accept the consequences (i.e. what feedback we get in return). Also, it can serve as a lesson to others who might be teetering on the edge, so that they can see how much it might cost them to make a conscious choice in the wrong direction.
I can also see that talking about it might be demotivational to others who are offering support from the heart and feeling that their words are falling on deaf ears. My opinion on that front is to not take it personally, as we are only responsible for ourselves, but to expend your wonderfully positive energy on those who are most responsive to it. If that means 2 threads, I guess that is one solution, although I think the way they are named is a bit black and white.
I thank all of you for your support and encouragement and love reading about your victories, struggles, weather reports, chores, work, families, lives...this is truly a little community and like all communities, sometimes we have a hiccup or two. So, hopefully we can all remember why we came here in the first place and continue on in the spirit of goodwill and friendship.

(I posted this at the end of yesterday's thread this morning, but since we are discussing it here, I added it.)

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Miranda- I can't swear that mirolax would sabotage anything. My coach had mentioned that most OTCs had some hidden sugars.. Tylenol and advil included... I know alot of IPers take them, so it's kind of a discrepancy I think.

Tbird sometimes I'd rather have the big D if it means I can go!! And I hope and pray for a good amount so I feel "light on my feet." just be careful and make sure you're getting plenty of water and be sure to take your vitamins. As we all know the D can cause DEhydration too :/

I had no idea that miralax wasnt allowed..? Tmi but im having same problems meep.

My doctor recommended magnesium citrate--comes in a glass bottle (old school! hehe) and costs less than $3. I had the problem once in my first week and drinking half a bottle of that (per bottle directions) and 8oz water had me doing my thing in about 6 hours. I warn you that it worked even better the next morning (without taking any more)!

nikkib
01-26-2012, 01:30 PM

I do the same thing. I do not like olive oil very much so I have been doing grape seed oil myself. Every day at lunch I just take my 2 tsp oil and a then do the salt in my palm and I am done with it. I could cook with it but I have not found anything that I want to use it on. I am more a spice type of girl. The grape seed oil does not have much of a taste to it either. I still do salt my food a little but at least this way I know I have the needed salt and oil done and don't forget.

Magicpinecone
01-26-2012, 01:30 PM
I've hit the 150's also and can tell my weight loss is slowing down. according to my scale I'm 152 but the clinics scale is typically 1-2 lbs higher. I did weight watchers a few years ago and had a hard time getting below 150. I'm hoping this time around it will be easier.

geminezmarie
01-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Good morning all,
I've been lurking for a while and figured I'd introduce myself now. My name is Brandon, live in central Washington, work as a paramedic. I'm in the middle of my 3rd week OP and have 2 great WI's so far. I've lost 24lbs and 11 inches.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the questions and answers that have been posted, embarrassing or not. I do find it interesting that so many coaches give different opinions of how the program should work. Congrats to everyone for their successes and encouragement to those that have had struggles.

Wow that's awesome losses! That gives me encouragement to get through these early days!

Momto2cs
01-26-2012, 01:37 PM
I weighed in today and am down 2.2 pounds! I am happy to see the scale move again.

This week I added a restricted bar in place of a pudding. Maybe I was starving!

I also worked out less than usual. I don't really understand why this works, but I think I will try to limit myself to 4 gym days a week instead of 6 or 7...

Bellamack
01-26-2012, 01:38 PM
New Englander - Congrats on a great WI!
Newmom - you are slowing down, because you are getting closer to a "good" weight for your height, keep going!

For the alternative IPeeps - I needed a few different things, so I ordered some stuff from Wonderslim and I really like the Hazelnut Cocoa Cream pudding, it is aspartame - free.

Everyone is doing great, keep it up and keep the posts coming!

Pamelama
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM

I feel your pain. :hug: I'm in my 8th week now, but the first 6 days, I swore I would have eaten my pillow, the dog's pillow, you name it. "What helped" me was 2 things:

I had 2oz of my 8oz of protein at lunch. When I started that (the 3rd day) the hunger was not so intense in the afternoon. Sometimes I had 1/2-1 cup of veggies between breakfast and lunch as well.

My coach said an extra non restricted IP packet was ok the first week. He recommended between breakfast and lunch.

If you don't have the extra packet to spare, I would try the 2oz of protein at lunch. I still do it when I get those "hungry" days...not very often thankfully.

Regarding the restricted in the morning...A lot of people on the boards say that you;re supposed to have them in the morning. Personally, and everyone's different.. when I have my restricted in the morning I am RAVENOUS all day!! My coach, who's a doctor and lost 35 pounds on IP,
said it might spike my blood sugar too much in the morning. I now always have mine at night a few hours after dinner. I wake up hungry but not starving and I'm losing an average of 3.5 pounds a week. If that slows down significantly, I'll revisit the restricted "controversy" again, but for now, it works great for me!

Good luck! :)

LaLibE
01-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I weighed in today and am down 2.2 pounds! I am happy to see the scale move again.

This week I added a restricted bar in place of a pudding. Maybe I was starving!

I also worked out less than usual. I don't really understand why this works, but I think I will try to limit myself to 4 gym days a week instead of 6 or 7...

That's great!!!! I also exercise while OP - I have always eaten 2 un-restricted, 1 restricted and 1 animal protein. Would I lose faster if I was not exercising??? Who knows... but exercise keeps my brain healthy!!

Linden
01-26-2012, 01:53 PM

If you get into roasted vegetables, like cauliflower and broccoli, the oil is very helpful; virtually necessary. But I don't like oil of salads so sometimes I'm light. Since I plan out the day the night before, I can always tell when I'll be light and add 1/2 to 1 t coconut oil (organic preferably) to my tea or coffee. Delicious and perfectly acceptable to IP.

mrsmurphy
01-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Hello Everyone! Congratulations on all the losses :) You all seem to be doing so well - so pat yourself on the back. What we are doing is hard! But, we're doing it!

Today i am doing well. I felt myself last week kind of slipping into some bad habits regarding planning and eating when i'm suppose to. I never used to eat breakfast until I started this diet. I was doing well, then I found myself teetering off. But, this week I started making sure I was bringing the shake to work for my 45 minute drive to work. I have no excuse for not having breakfast!! I have 45 minutes to drink it! lol

anyways, I got a little discouraged last night. I went out to eat with my family. I haven't seen most of my family since christmas. I was expecting someone to say you look great! Not ONE person noticed that I had lost 18 pounds. I was a little upset. I go to work everyday and they give me compliments almost everyday. I expected my family who has not seen me in a month to have noticed. I guess all that matters is that I NOTICE. I can't base my weight loss on what others are seeing, right?! However, today I woke up and told myself to keep going because hopefully in another month they will be seeing me about 30-40 pounds lighter!!

DanafromAustin
01-26-2012, 02:32 PM

Once on the plan the sticks should only show a trace anyway. Also do it the first thing in the morning when you wake up and before you drink and eat anything. Bottom line is if you follow this plan 100 percent you will be in ketosis and the sticks really aren't necessary.

Once you get into ketosis the hunger will go away for the most part.

I know every coach is different, but my coach wouldn't allow it because of the sucrolose. Just as she frowns on Mio. Calorie wise it's fine, but she has found it tends to slow people's weight loss down. You can try it and see how you do, you may be one of those people who have no problem with it.

I always have one for breakfast. I've been advised anytime other than before bed is okay to have one.

My doctor recommended magnesium citrate--comes in a glass bottle (old school! hehe) and costs less than $3. I had the problem once in my first week and drinking half a bottle of that (per bottle directions) and 8oz water had me doing my thing in about 6 hours. I warn you that it worked even better the next morning (without taking any more)!
My coach also recommends that and follow up with one novi-lax at bedtime after that everyday.

Cardio can really slow down your weight loss because of the calories burned. We are already on a low calorie diet and your body won't let you starve yourself, so it will hold on to the weight. I personally gave up doing cardio and just do strength training 3x per week. Whatever form of exercise you pick, make sure to have some protein before and after you work out so your body will burn fat rather than lean muscle.

mrsmurphy
01-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Cardio can really slow down your weight loss because of the calories burned. We are already on a low calorie diet and your body won't let you starve yourself, so it will hold on to the weight. I personally gave up doing cardio and just do strength training 3x per week. Whatever form of exercise you pick, make sure to have some protein before and after you work out so your body will burn fat rather than lean muscle.

Dana - do you think if i'm doing yoga, it should be after dinner and before my snack at night? I have been doing it before bed...

newmom7611
01-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Someday- thanks for the tip!
Magicpinecone- it's good to see you again. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only on "stuck" in this. I am, however, sorry for the struggle of the 150s. You're close tho!!
Bella- thanks so much for the encouraging words_ sometimes that's all I need to turn my frown upside down and get with the program... (not that I ever went off :) )

I seriously don't know what I would do without you guys

DanafromAustin
01-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello Everyone! Congratulations on all the losses :) You all seem to be doing so well - so pat yourself on the back. What we are doing is hard! But, we're doing it!

Today i am doing well. I felt myself last week kind of slipping into some bad habits regarding planning and eating when i'm suppose to. I never used to eat breakfast until I started this diet. I was doing well, then I found myself teetering off. But, this week I started making sure I was bringing the shake to work for my 45 minute drive to work. I have no excuse for not having breakfast!! I have 45 minutes to drink it! lol

anyways, I got a little discouraged last night. I went out to eat with my family. I haven't seen most of my family since christmas. I was expecting someone to say you look great! Not ONE person noticed that I had lost 18 pounds. I was a little upset. I go to work everyday and they give me compliments almost everyday. I expected my family who has not seen me in a month to have noticed. I guess all that matters is that I NOTICE. I can't base my weight loss on what others are seeing, right?! However, today I woke up and told myself to keep going because hopefully in another month they will be seeing me about 30-40 pounds lighter!!
You're doing great and like you said you are doing this for yourself. When I had lost about 30 pounds a lot of my family came into town for a big family event we were having. Hardly anyone noticed and next to no one said a thing to me. I then went home for the holidays down another 12 pounds and people still barely said anything. I'm now down about 57 pounds and still I'm not getting a lot of comments. I really don't think it's that people don't care, they just don't notice. The bottom line is how you feel about yourself. I really feel for those of us who started out on this plan really heavy, we have to really make a BIG change in how we look for those around us to really notice. Either way I feel SO much better, and that's really all I care about.

mrsmurphy
01-26-2012, 02:48 PM
You're doing great and like you said you are doing this for yourself. When I had lost about 30 pounds a lot of my family came into town for a big family event we were having. Hardly anyone noticed and next to no one said a thing to me. I then went home for the holidays down another 12 pounds and people still barely said anything. I'm now down about 57 pounds and still I'm not getting a lot of comments. I really don't think it's that people don't care, they just don't notice. The bottom line is how you feel about yourself. I really feel for those of us who started out on this plan really heavy, we have to really make a BIG change in how we look for those around us to really notice. Either way I feel SO much better, and that's really all I care about.

yes I agree. I feel like i'm gonna have to drop like at least 60-70 pounds before someone is like HOLY COW. I still can't believe i was up to 293. I remember when I was in like 6, 7, 8th grade and i was obviously immature then. I would see a heavy lady or man and be like "omg they have to be like 300 pounds" Now, I think ha, what a way karma has coming back around. Here I was up at 293, 7 pounds away from the big 3 0 0.

DanafromAustin
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Dana - do you think if i'm doing yoga, it should be after dinner and before my snack at night? I have been doing it before bed...

That would work before bed, but I would have 1/2 of your snack before yoga and the rest after you are done with the yoga. Or do it after dinner, but leave some of your protein from dinner to finish up after yoga. On the days I work out I eat a hard boiled egg. I eat 1/2 before and 1/2 after. That was my coach's suggestion. Believe me, I'm no hard core exerciser by any means, but I do about 1/2 hour of strength training and when I don't have extra protein my lean muscle percentage always goes down that week which causes my body fat to go up.

mrsmurphy
01-26-2012, 03:00 PM
good to know! Thanks a bunch Dana! I've came to like hardboiled eggs over the past few weeks. I didn't realize boiled egg whites were so good with the sea salt, pepper and hotsauce! haha.

geminezmarie
01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I feel your pain. :hug: I'm in my 8th week now, but the first 6 days, I swore I would have eaten my pillow, the dog's pillow, you name it. "What helped" me was 2 things:

I had 2oz of my 8oz of protein at lunch. When I started that (the 3rd day) the hunger was not so intense in the afternoon. Sometimes I had 1/2-1 cup of veggies between breakfast and lunch as well.

My coach said an extra non restricted IP packet was ok the first week. He recommended between breakfast and lunch.

If you don't have the extra packet to spare, I would try the 2oz of protein at lunch. I still do it when I get those "hungry" days...not very often thankfully.

Regarding the restricted in the morning...A lot of people on the boards say that you;re supposed to have them in the morning. Personally, and everyone's different.. when I have my restricted in the morning I am RAVENOUS all day!! My coach, who's a doctor and lost 35 pounds on IP,
said it might spike my blood sugar too much in the morning. I now always have mine at night a few hours after dinner. I wake up hungry but not starving and I'm losing an average of 3.5 pounds a week. If that slows down significantly, I'll revisit the restricted "controversy" again, but for now, it works great for me!

Good luck! :)

Thanks so much for the advice! It means more than you might imagine. The moving up of a bit of protein from dinner to lunch might be the first helper I try and then playing with timing of the restricted IP. Then, I might strongly consider a light add'l IP b/w breakfast & lunch--I just feel so weak for having to add number 4! :-)

On another note, I just came back in my office . . . and this was sitting on my desk. For once in my life, it's not tempting. Well it IS tempting but then so is my pillow. So I should say for once in my life, it's easy not to partake.

geminezmarie
01-26-2012, 03:11 PM

Alternate theory:

Perhaps, because we are so conscious of our weight and can feel like big cows even when we look awesome, we assume others are thinking the same thing. And just maybe other people aren't always as overly critical as we imagined. Maybe they sometimes just notice the awesome. And, yeah I'm just judging on your picture, but beautiful is beautiful.

Plus, for me personally, dressing while uber-heavy was an artform I totally hate but have mastered in all my ups and downs. So as I started losing weight in the past, and the layers of clothes came off, people didn't notice for quite awhile b/c they didn't realize just how big I was to start with!

ShellyT
01-26-2012, 03:18 PM
This is tough to stick to while traveling! I've reverted to not eating as opposed to ruining the diet, but my weight went up! Crazy, but still trying!

purple sky
01-26-2012, 03:22 PM
This is tough to stick to while traveling! I've reverted to not eating as opposed to ruining the diet, but my weight went up! Crazy, but still trying!

You need to eat. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode. That's part of the reasoning behind exercising too much.

There is a thread somewhere on traveling with some great tips. Let me see if I can find it. I could be wrong but it may be better to eat restricted all day if nothing is available, especially if you are on a plane with a carry on and you can't bring anything else.

purple sky
01-26-2012, 03:28 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/199291-traveling-while-ip.html

here it is.

you can also find it in the first sticky post with other helpful links.

hope this helps.

Momto2cs
01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Once on the plan the sticks should only show a trace anyway. Also do it the first thing in the morning when you wake up and before you drink and eat anything. Bottom line is if you follow this plan 100 percent you will be in ketosis and the sticks really aren't necessary.

Once you get into ketosis the hunger will go away for the most part.

I know every coach is different, but my coach wouldn't allow it because of the sucrolose. Just as she frowns on Mio. Calorie wise it's fine, but she has found it tends to slow people's weight loss down. You can try it and see how you do, you may be one of those people who have no problem with it.

I always have one for breakfast. I've been advised anytime other than before bed is okay to have one.

My coach also recommends that and follow up with one novi-lax at bedtime after that everyday.

It's interesting that I did not have this issue last year when I lost 22 pounds in a month!

Most days I do bootcamp, so a mix of cardio and strength.

I have a pudding shake before and my dinner right after.

Renewing Myself
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I had my second weigh in this morning and was down 3 lbs! :D I am very happy with that number and look forward to this week!

NavyMommy
01-26-2012, 04:07 PM
And we are about the same! Today is day 28 for me! what about you? And that is why I don't want to get on the scale! Plus, last week was kind of discouraging for me because I wasnt seeing any weight loss until Finally day before weigh in I lost 2lbs. So I just don't want something as silly as a SCALE getting in my head! :)

Thanks for the tips on the chicken salad! I will have to try it. Today is technically day 24 for me, but I lost a little before when I did IP this fall. I had some things come up so I had to stop. I restarted at 196. I wish I had the self control to not get on the scale, but at the same time I realize that the numbers will go up and down so when it stays the same or goes up for a couple of days I don't freak out.

If you get into roasted vegetables, like cauliflower and broccoli, the oil is very helpful; virtually necessary. But I don't like oil of salads so sometimes I'm light. Since I plan out the day the night before, I can always tell when I'll be light and add 1/2 to 1 t coconut oil (organic preferably) to my tea or coffee. Delicious and perfectly acceptable to IP.

Hey Linden, I replied to your post from yesterday at the beginning of this thread. Would you mind looking at it when you get a minute? I would love to hear some more info on the Jelly. Thanks!

love2cruise
01-26-2012, 04:12 PM
came across this site and joined. I have been on this journey since 4/11 weighing 253, todays weight 184. I am finding it almost impossible to get out of the 180's.

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 04:43 PM
came across this site and joined. I have been on this journey since 4/11 weighing 253, todays weight 184. I am finding it almost impossible to get out of the 180's.

:welcome: to the site. I'm sure there is someone who has been on the program awhile who can make suggestions to you. There is a bunch of great information and people here willing to help.

glomor
01-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I am new to this forum—I’ve been lurking for a couple of days and thought I would plunge in. I live in northern Michigan. I started IP in the fall. I’ve been on the program for 18 weeks and I’ve lost 43 pounds. Although the preliminary info indicated that women average a 4 pound per week weight loss, mine has been closer to 2-1/2. I’m happy with that however because it’s a higher average than any other diet I’ve been on and I have fewer cravings. I have to say I went off the program at Thanksgiving and Christmas for a couple of days, but got back on right away.

My journey was complicated by the fact that I got laid off right at Christmas and haven’t gone back to work yet. As you know the program is not cheap. I had been paying $81/wk for 3 IPs per day. I talked to my coach and I have been only using 2 IPs per day, substituting eggs (she recommended 3) for my lunch meal. I’m still losing so I’m happy with that. There are two things I like about this program -- the restrictions and the weekly meeting with a health professional. It is pretty cut and dry what is permitted and what is not. I’ve never done very well when there are too many options. Give me an inch and I’ll take a mile! Lol! And it’s nice having someone to be accountable to and for individual encouragement and information.

I see that I’m doing a few things that apparently aren’t recommended. I was never cautioned about not caramelizing veggies other than onions. I use a LOT of mushrooms and sautť them thoroughly in olive oil. I also have a protein bar in the evening with a cup of decaf—I’m a big coffee drinker.

I’m glad to have found this forum and appreciate all the information and suggestions. A few topics have come up here that I am not familiar with: Broccoli and cheese bread, Ketostix, and The Cleanse. Maybe someone could enlighten me. Anyway, thanks for being here!

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the tips on the chicken salad! I will have to try it. Today is technically day 24 for me, but I lost a little before when I did IP this fall. I had some things come up so I had to stop. I restarted at 196. I wish I had the self control to not get on the scale, but at the same time I realize that the numbers will go up and down so when it stays the same or goes up for a couple of days I don't freak out.

I tried to not get on the scale, it lasted a whole 3 hours, haha, and it went up 2lbs!! AHHHH its just like I want to scream at the scale, STOP THIS INSANITY. I WISH I could not freak out, or that I could stay off the scale!! But I keep trying to be positive, I figure, If I can stay OP for 28 straight days, well eventually I can stop getting on the scale all the time. And congrats, you are doing so well for only 24 days in. It always encourages me to see peoples good results, plus I know how awesome it feels to go to WI and see that loss!

Pamelama
01-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks so much for the advice! It means more than you might imagine. The moving up of a bit of protein from dinner to lunch might be the first helper I try and then playing with timing of the restricted IP. Then, I might strongly consider a light add'l IP b/w breakfast & lunch--I just feel so weak for having to add number 4! :-)

On another note, I just came back in my office . . . and this was sitting on my desk. For once in my life, it's not tempting. Well it IS tempting but then so is my pillow. So I should say for once in my life, it's easy not to partake.

Good for you for resisting temptation! :carrot:

BTW, it's not weak to have 4 packets the first week. Your body's used to 2000+ calories a day. You're going down to 800-1000 calories. It has to adjust! Hang in there. It gets better, I promise.

patns
01-26-2012, 05:35 PM

Thank you so much for that link.

Bellamack
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I am new to this forumóIíve been lurking for a couple of days and thought I would plunge in. I live in northern Michigan. I started IP in the fall. Iíve been on the program for 18 weeks and Iíve lost 43 pounds. Although the preliminary info indicated that women average a 4 pound per week weight loss, mine has been closer to 2-1/2. Iím happy with that however because itís a higher average than any other diet Iíve been on and I have fewer cravings. I have to say I went off the program at Thanksgiving and Christmas for a couple of days, but got back on right away.

My journey was complicated by the fact that I got laid off right at Christmas and havenít gone back to work yet. As you know the program is not cheap. I had been paying $81/wk for 3 IPs per day. I talked to my coach and I have been only using 2 IPs per day, substituting eggs (she recommended 3) for my lunch meal. Iím still losing so Iím happy with that. There are two things I like about this program -- the restrictions and the weekly meeting with a health professional. It is pretty cut and dry what is permitted and what is not. Iíve never done very well when there are too many options. Give me an inch and Iíll take a mile! Lol! And itís nice having someone to be accountable to and for individual encouragement and information.

I see that Iím doing a few things that apparently arenít recommended. I was never cautioned about not caramelizing veggies other than onions. I use a LOT of mushrooms and sautť them thoroughly in olive oil. I also have a protein bar in the evening with a cup of decafóIím a big coffee drinker.

Iím glad to have found this forum and appreciate all the information and suggestions. A few topics have come up here that I am not familiar with: Broccoli and cheese bread, Ketostix, and The Cleanse. Maybe someone could enlighten me. Anyway, thanks for being here!

glomor - Welcome aboard!

It sounds like you are doing fabulous. My losses were well below average too, but they are losses. I actually averaged (with no cheats) 1.75lbs/wk over the long haul.

I switched to alternatives and lost at the same rate and it is much less expensive, there is a whole thread for alternatives.

I don't know about the broccoli-cheese bread, just been seeing it today. hmmmm

ketostix can be purchased at Wal-Mart or pharmacy, they detect the ketones in your urine, the problem is that we drink so much water on this program the best result is usually a weak showing on the stick, but that still indicates that you are in ketosis. So, they are a small stick that you pee on and compare to a provided chart, they are cheap.

Good Luck on your journey and hopefully you will find work soon. :)

patns
01-26-2012, 05:51 PM

I had great difficulty with this. My coach did give me something was Ok, not great and very expensive. Then Linden on the restarters thread told me to take magnesium citrate. I was taking magnesium but not the citrate type. That really helped. But here is something else I finally figured out. For convenience as I am on the go so much I was using the WF individual packs of salad dressing. My main source of protein again for convenience was sliced chicken breast. Omega capsules made me queesy. I hadn't tracked what I was eating (like on my fitness pal) for several months and just happened to do that the other day.
I was shocked to discover I was down to almost zilch fat in my diet. So I've added krill oil, make sure I get lots of lettuce in my salads, use olive oil with a splash of vinegar on them and mix up my protein. The big C problem has disappeared and my weight loss has picked up.
The most common approach to a problem is to cut things out, but in this case I had to add things back that are on protocol.

Pat

mompattie
01-26-2012, 05:58 PM

HANG IN THERE!!!! I gets sooooo much better!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

mompattie
01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Way to go, newmom! I've just been in my closet trying on things (I do it every week for motivation) and there are these 2 shirts that I've had for years and never worn. They're pretty button down oxfords, but cut very feminine--more narrow through bust and waist. Anyway, every year, I say to myself that I want these shirts to fit by my birthday (end of May). And some years, I get close but not enough, other years, I can't even button them. So, guess where they went today? To the front of my closet because they actually fit!

WHAT AN AWESOME FEELING!!!! Good for you!!!

mompattie
01-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Good morning all,

Welcome aboard Brandon!!! Great to have you here!!! Sounds like you're off and running on your program! AWESOME!

glomor
01-26-2012, 06:10 PM
glomor - Welcome aboard!

It sounds like you are doing fabulous. My losses were well below average too, but they are losses. I actually averaged (with no cheats) 1.75lbs/wk over the long haul.

I switched to alternatives and lost at the same rate and it is much less expensive, there is a whole thread for alternatives.

I don't know about the broccoli-cheese bread, just been seeing it today. hmmmm

ketostix can be purchased at Wal-Mart or pharmacy, they detect the ketones in your urine, the problem is that we drink so much water on this program the best result is usually a weak showing on the stick, but that still indicates that you are in ketosis. So, they are a small stick that you pee on and compare to a provided chart, they are cheap.

Good Luck on your journey and hopefully you will find work soon. :)

Thank you. I guess the ketostix are something I can do without for now. I am interested in the alternatives but I think I would feel guilty. I have an appt. once a week for weighing, measuring, blood pressure, counseling, etc. Since the only charge is for the products, I think it would be taking advantage and would probably be frowned upon. Maybe eventually I can switch to them. Something to think about. Thanks for the info.

massconfusion84
01-26-2012, 06:24 PM
I had a really tough day today :( I went out to eat for lunch with some classmates...I stayed OP and ordered a sirloin with a side salad with olive oil, but I was sooo sad watching my friends eat cornbread and biscuits and fried chicken ect.. (we were at cracker barrel) I had the thought several times "this is too hard" Its my 3rd week and my cravings have not gotten better. In fact I get really upset sometimes watching everybody eat these awesome meals and I look down at my soup and think "this really sucks" but I stay on track because I have so many reasons why I want to be my goal weight by summer...Sometimes I wonder if I am being unrealistic. Do yall think if I stay 100% OP I can loose 35 lbs in 4 months? I feel like I can but idk I am really discouraged and I know this diet will be worth but right now in this very moment all I want to do is go eat the carmel popcorn in my kitchen

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 06:27 PM
what do you eat in a day?

Nope, ALL of my packets are sweet, chocolate puffs, Vanilla drink, Chocolate drink

If you feel faint add some sea salt, your BP and your electrolytes are low. Put 1/4tsp of sea salt and lick it off the palm of your hand then drink water. 10-15 mins you will feel better

It took me 4 weeks to get out of the 270's then had a 6lb loss this week. When your body decides to let it go, it will happen. Just have to be patient :)

Welcome to the new comers and congrats to the WI's we have had today, great job to everyone.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 06:36 PM

I hope you posted that in the sabotage thread! Good job resisting!!

I had my second weigh in this morning and was down 3 lbs! :D I am very happy with that number and look forward to this week!

Congratulations!!

Iím glad to have found this forum and appreciate all the information and suggestions. A few topics have come up here that I am not familiar with: Broccoli and cheese bread, Ketostix, and The Cleanse. Maybe someone could enlighten me. Anyway, thanks for being here!

Go to Daily Chat 12/25/12, page 3 for the broccoli cheese bread recipe :)

Thank you so much for that link.

You are welcome!

WHAT AN AWESOME FEELING!!!! Good for you!!!

Thank you!! I appreciate it!

Someday- thanks for the tip!

You are welcome!

Hang in there and make sure you eat this week! The traveler thread is great!

WOW! Congratulations! That's inspiring!

New Englander
01-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I had a really tough day today :( I went out to eat for lunch with some classmates...I stayed OP and ordered a sirloin with a side salad with olive oil, but I was sooo sad watching my friends eat cornbread and biscuits and fried chicken ect.. (we were at cracker barrel) I had the thought several times "this is too hard" Its my 3rd week and my cravings have not gotten better. In fact I get really upset sometimes watching everybody eat these awesome meals and I look down at my soup and think "this really sucks" but I stay on track because I have so many reasons why I want to be my goal weight by summer...Sometimes I wonder if I am being unrealistic. Do yall think if I stay 100% OP I can loose 35 lbs in 4 months? I feel like I can but idk I am really discouraged and I know this diet will be worth but right now in this very moment all I want to do is go eat the carmel popcorn in my kitchen
It's worth it! YOU'RE worth it... By summer time you'll be at goal on a cheat day with all your friends and YOU WILL be the cuttest of them all!!! Keep going and keep focused!!! You CAN and WILL do it!!! :)

mrsmurphy
01-26-2012, 06:43 PM

First, I get cravings too. I get sad, i get depressed, i get mad. But, then I remember that I want to be healthy more than i want to be overweight. I think health should be the number one concern. The other things are an added bonus, in my eyes. If the everyone responds No, to your question about losing 35 pounds by summer, would you quit? If you want to lose 35 pounds by summer, then strive to lose 35 pounds. If you get close to that, at least you were losing and not gaining. If you stay on program your weight will get closer to that goal weight. If you eat like your friends, your weight will move further from your goal weight. This is temporary, we are suppose to be training our brains to eat the right way and not in bulk. You've committed to changing a lifestyle... it is not easy. We are used to eating when we want, what we want and how we want. But, that mindset was killing us. Well, I dont know about you, but it was killing me. ultimately, noone can say whether or not you will lose 35 pounds by summer, only you can be the judge of that. But, what I can say is that you will lose weight by summer. I hope this helped :) YOU CAN DO THIS !!

massconfusion84
01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
It's worth it! YOU'RE worth it... By summer time you'll be at goal on a cheat day with all your friends and YOU WILL be the cuttest of them all!!! Keep going and keep focused!!! You CAN and WILL do it!!! :)

Thankyou for you kind words NewEnglander! Im not going to quit Im just feeling depressed right now. The diet isnt new and exciting anymore Im getting bored and frustrated. Sorry to be such a downer but I figure if I cant talk about it here than I cant talk about it anywhere

ReadytobeHealthy
01-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Day 2 for me is half over. I talked my girlfriends to have a girls night tonight and we are making "turkey tacos" fake obviously, going to cook my turkey by itself in its own spices and have it over salad with some chipolte ranch dressing, and my 2 cups of veggies :) I haven't felt hungry at all, just a headache.. I think I need more salt, but i have been putting it on my salad, in my soup, coating my meat with it at night.. Do you think I still need more??? I am very prone to headaches and migraines. Hoping they go away but I think i will go try to lick some salt off my hand and drink some more water :)

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 06:54 PM
First, I get cravings too. I get sad, i get depressed, i get mad. But, then I remember that I want to be healthy more than i want to be overweight. I think health should be the number one concern. The other things are an added bonus, in my eyes. If the everyone responds No, to your question about losing 35 pounds by summer, would you quit? If you want to lose 35 pounds by summer, then strive to lose 35 pounds. If you get close to that, at least you were losing and not gaining. If you stay on program your weight will get closer to that goal weight. If you eat like your friends, your weight will move further from your goal weight. This is temporary, we are suppose to be training our brains to eat the right way and not in bulk. You've committed to changing a lifestyle... it is not easy. We are used to eating when we want, what we want and how we want. But, that mindset was killing us. Well, I dont know about you, but it was killing me. ultimately, noone can say whether or not you will lose 35 pounds by summer, only you can be the judge of that. But, what I can say is that you will lose weight by summer. I hope this helped :) YOU CAN DO THIS !!

I could not have responded better myself. And I am so glad that you added the healthy part. All of those friends may look "skinny" but think about all of that stuff they are putting in their body on a (probably) daily basis. I know that it is hard to see now but you will be so grateful you did this diet for so many reasons other than to be skinny (which believe me I want that too!) and I know it is a crazy long time away, but continue using the habits you learn on this diet and in 20, 30 years when their skin is falling and they are having all sorts of other problems with their bodies, you will be out running marathons! I am 25 and my grandmother is 72. She has more energy than me! She chose at a young age to get healthy and boy does it pay off! Don't get discouraged! you are doing a GREAT thing and just hang in there, it gets better! Also, (my step-dad keeps eating all kinds of things in front of me especially ice cream, and it seems like the better I do and the more I lose, the more he eats! My mom told me to look at it this way, every pound I am losing, he is finding!! may not be the nicest way to look at it, but it certainly gives some satisfaction!)

ReadytobeHealthy
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh and my coach said I could have 4 packets of crystal light a day, said nothing about aspartme?? Is this just a coach thing, she has been on the diet for almost 2 years and says she has used crystal light often?? I even asked about the sweetner and she said it didn't matter, that I could use artificial sweetener. And on my No No list it says nothing about aspartme

newmom7611
01-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the tip pat :)

I had the sandwich and turnip fries for lunch today. I can't believe how similar in texture that "bread" is .. I was so happy!! I didn't like the turnip fries once again.. So I stir fried the other one that I bought instead of chummy down the fries. Also, I used to eat deli meat everyday for lunch-- and usually had about 3-4 slices on a sandwich.. I had one slice of very lean and low sodium turkey on my sandwich, and almost didnt like it. I was shocked. It was almost like I could TASTE the preservatives or something. I don't think I'll be having deli meat again, ever. And that is insane for me to say. If I make the sandwhich again, I may make an "egg salad" with just one or two egg whites. For snack I'll be trying the blueberry waffle made with the blueberry pudding :)

Ducksmy
01-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone,
I am finishing up day 4. I just fixed my last IP shake for the day. Blended the vanilla with crushed ice! What a treat! Throughly enjoyed it. Today has been a good OP day. So far haven't really felt hungry and no cravings that I can't handle. My first weigh in is in 2 days. Sure hope it's a loss because I don't think I could handle this if I am not losing.
Wishing everyone a great evening! :mouse:

Ishbel
01-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Thankyou for you kind words NewEnglander! Im not going to quit Im just feeling depressed right now. The diet isnt new and exciting anymore Im getting bored and frustrated. Sorry to be such a downer but I figure if I cant talk about it here than I cant talk about it anywhere

:( Lots of hugs...don't forget (or did you know?) this diet is a hormonal/emotional journey. Our feelings are attached to food...our fat (especially belly) has TONS of estrogen stored in it. So not only are we NOT eating emotionally our hormones are out of WACK and trying to realign.

So there are going to be very low lows and very high highs. It took me 3 months to realize it and acknowledge it. In fact, the VIP went through the wringer for at least 6 weeks (poor fella!)...at one point he timidly said 'do...do...do you think it's your diet'...and I yelled back "NO!!!!". Of course this was in the middle of the 3 months. So it was a few weeks before I apologized...of course saying "ok, I'll take 75% of the blame but you don't help yourself you know! so you get 25%"...to which he laughed and gave me a kiss. :)

Just be aware of it, sometimes I can recognize it and just retreat a little bit from people I love. My rollercoaster of emotion comes out in anger not sadness.

Chin up grasshopper! :hug:

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Hello everyone,
I am finishing up day 4. I just fixed my last IP shake for the day. Blended the vanilla with crushed ice! What a treat! Throughly enjoyed it. Today has been a good OP day. So far haven't really felt hungry and no cravings that I can't handle. My first weigh in is in 2 days. Sure hope it's a loss because I don't think I could handle this if I am not losing.
Wishing everyone a great evening! :mouse:

I know you will have a loss! Good Luck and let us know!!

NavyMommy
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM

Here's how I look at it (especially at big events / baby showers / dinners out). In 6 months am I going to remember what I ate on 1/26/2012 at Cracker Barrel for dinner? Nope! Not going to remember, or care for that matter. And by that time the weight will be gone, you'll be on phase 4 and feeling great, whereas if you choose to either eat off plan or get off IP completely you'll regret it. I got off in October and while the circumstances were out of my control and I got back on as soon as I could I still regret it. I would be almost at goal if not there by now had I stuck with it. And honestly I have no memory of what I ate during my time off.

Oh and my coach said I could have 4 packets of crystal light a day, said nothing about aspartme?? Is this just a coach thing, she has been on the diet for almost 2 years and says she has used crystal light often?? I even asked about the sweetner and she said it didn't matter, that I could use artificial sweetener. And on my No No list it says nothing about aspartme

There are some Crystal Lights out there made with Splenda, maybe she was referring to those?

massconfusion84
01-26-2012, 07:15 PM
I could not have responded better myself. And I am so glad that you added the healthy part. All of those friends may look "skinny" but think about all of that stuff they are putting in their body on a (probably) daily basis. I know that it is hard to see now but you will be so grateful you did this diet for so many reasons other than to be skinny (which believe me I want that too!) and I know it is a crazy long time away, but continue using the habits you learn on this diet and in 20, 30 years when their skin is falling and they are having all sorts of other problems with their bodies, you will be out running marathons! I am 25 and my grandmother is 72. She has more energy than me! She chose at a young age to get healthy and boy does it pay off! Don't get discouraged! you are doing a GREAT thing and just hang in there, it gets better! Also, (my step-dad keeps eating all kinds of things in front of me especially ice cream, and it seems like the better I do and the more I lose, the more he eats! My mom told me to look at it this way, every pound I am losing, he is finding!! may not be the nicest way to look at it, but it certainly gives some satisfaction!)

Yes of course Im doing this to be healthy. I dont have high blood sugar, high blood pressure, or high triglyceride levels but eating like I was eventually I would have some issues. Basically being overweight is just not me. I was always the skinny one and I could eat whatever I wanted... and then I had 2 babies in 3 years and I BLEW UP. I went from 130 to 180. Now if I even LOOK at a brownie I gain weight. Im having a bit of a "who am I?" experience. But really I have a very very small frame and being overweight IS NOT me. I am more shy and socially awkward and of course terrible self esteem bc of the weight gain. So yes Im doing it to prevent health probs but also because I want to be me again

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Yes of course Im doing this to be healthy. I dont have high blood sugar, high blood pressure, or high triglyceride levels but eating like I was eventually I would have some issues. Basically being overweight is just not me. I was always the skinny one and I could eat whatever I wanted... and then I had 2 babies in 3 years and I BLEW UP. I went from 130 to 180. Now if I even LOOK at a brownie I gain weight. Im having a bit of a "who am I?" experience. But really I have a very very small frame and being overweight IS NOT me. I am more shy and socially awkward and of course terrible self esteem bc of the weight gain. So yes Im doing it to prevent health probs but also because I want to be me again

Well, that is the reason to do it, for you! So don't get discouraged, you are a BEAUTIFUL person, no matter what you weigh! And you know what else, today made you a little bit stronger and built some character because as hard as it was you stayed OP and that is saying something!! keep up the good work, and keep your eye on the prize!!

massconfusion84
01-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Well, that is the reason to do it, for you! So don't get discouraged, you are a BEAUTIFUL person, no matter what you weigh! And you know what else, today made you a little bit stronger and built some character because as hard as it was you stayed OP and that is saying something!! keep up the good work, and keep your eye on the prize!!

thankyou :) and I will!

tenniels
01-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I just needed to share that I had a major mess up today. I was playing with my 16 month old nephew today and he was eating Honey Nut Cheerios. He was being all cute and sharing with the dogs and then sharing with Auntie. Well before I even had time to think about what I was doing, I had eaten 2 cheerios from his cute little fingers. There was about a five minute delay and I burst into tears. I've been 100% OP and commited to being mindful about what goes in my mouth. And in a moment of sheer stupidity I ate 2 Cheerios. Sigh. I'm trying to move past it, but it's kinda been in my head all day. I feel so stupid.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I just needed to share that I had a major mess up today. I was playing with my 16 month old nephew today and he was eating Honey Nut Cheerios. He was being all cute and sharing with the dogs and then sharing with Auntie. Well before I even had time to think about what I was doing, I had eaten 2 cheerios from his cute little fingers. There was about a five minute delay and I burst into tears. I've been 100% OP and commited to being mindful about what goes in my mouth. And in a moment of sheer stupidity I ate 2 Cheerios. Sigh. I'm trying to move past it, but it's kinda been in my head all day. I feel so stupid.

OK, take a deep breath. I am going to guess that in the VERY WORST case, you had an extra 5-10 calories and MAYBE 0.5 - 1 carb? It's not enough to beat yourself up over. You realized it before you had a whole cup, and you are certainly NOT stupid! It's really OK. Please forgive yourself :)

mompattie
01-26-2012, 07:37 PM

HUGS! Don't feel stupid! 2 cherrios I don't think are going to affect you! Run up and down the stairs 5 times to burn them off! LOL! Seriously, you're doing awesome, don't beat yourself up for such a teeny thing! It wasn't like a whole bowl or anything! As Ishmel says, Chin up grasshopper! LOL!

tenniels
01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
OK, take a deep breath. I am going to guess that in the VERY WORST case, you had an extra 5-10 calories and MAYBE 0.5 - 1 carb? It's not enough to beat yourself up over. You realized it before you had a whole cup, and you are certainly NOT stupid! It's really OK. Please forgive yourself :)

Thank you for the response. I felt like I needed to "come clean" about it on here. It was definitely only two Cheerio's, but to me it felt like a massive deal because I did it without even doing it consciously. I now know I have to be more cognitive around my nephew. He's just so darn cute and when he's sharing, I guess I got caught up in the moment. Thanks again :hug:

HUGS! Don't feel stupid! 2 cherrios I don't think are going to affect you! Run up and down the stairs 5 times to burn them off! LOL! Seriously, you're doing awesome, don't beat yourself up for such a teeny thing! It wasn't like a whole bowl or anything! As Ishmel says, Chin up grasshopper! LOL!

Thanks so much :) I really appreciate the response. I just felt so bad because I am 100% commited to the program and that kind of took me by surprise. I guess I can just use this as a learning experience. Will be doing some jumping jacks to negate the possible excess calories. Thank-you :hug:

patns
01-26-2012, 07:46 PM

This is an example of the issue I have with the 100% concept, the term 100% is such an absolute. You accidently ate 2 cherrios. There is so few carbs there your body likely didn't even register them same as your brain didn't when you were eating them.
You are not stupid and it is nothing to cry about. Just keep on with what you were doing and chalk it up to precious time spent with someone very special to you who is not going to be at this age again.
Pat

3mama
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Word of warning - Be careful when making the jelly! I just made it and initially followed the directions of adding the powder to boiling water in a bowl and stirring but it was still super clumpy. So I put it in a blender bottle and shook the living daylights out of it. You guessed it - raspberry jelly all over me and my kitchen! The heat created pressure and made it explode. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the jelly clump-free?

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
First, I get cravings too. I get sad, i get depressed, i get mad. But, then I remember that I want to be healthy more than i want to be overweight. ........ultimately, noone can say whether or not you will lose 35 pounds by summer, only you can be the judge of that. But, what I can say is that you will lose weight by summer. I hope this helped :) YOU CAN DO THIS !!

This was very nicely said and so true!

Went to my WI and lost 6.8lbs (over the last two weeks).

mrsmurphy
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM

oh and don't entertain those negatives thoughts! They will come... but keeping them moving right on by! When you entertain, your brain is intrigued and it continues to dwell on the negative things! It's okay to get down though.. i do too sometimes :)

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-26-2012, 07:55 PM

We're here for you! As long as you'll be there for me when I'm downer, lol. Actually I'm getting a little burnt out on all the veggies already. Keeping at it though. We'll cheer-lead you all the way through those 35!

Ishbel
01-26-2012, 08:27 PM
This is an example of the issue I have with the 100% concept, the term 100% is such an absolute.

I feel like this might be directed to me as we had a bit of a back and forth a couple of days ago.

Patns, I'm sorry if I offended you at all this past week. I feel that perhaps I shouldn't even comment but I feel the need to.

I personally need a place to go when I need to feel stronger. Seeing others being strong helps me and I don't think that's to much to ask for. I had spent probably a month watching someone very specific tumble out of control and post how often they were cheating and losing at a good pace. Can you cheat and lose? Probably. Will you be following the science of giving your pancreas a rest, nope. The constant requirement for encouragement was a never ending battle and mentally exhausted me. This was not someone who cheated once and learned, or accidently put something they weren't suppose to in their mouth.

I'm sorry you (and others) may not like the 100% thread and believe it's a black and white us vs them. I just don't feel that way. Quite honestly, I consider it my new place to lay my hat. This doesn't mean that I won't offer up positive comments, encouragement and tid bits of experience when I'm feeling strong (9 months in to it I know less then 500 posts means I'm not much of a cheerleader). But at least this way, when I know where I am emotionally, I can go to a specific thread.

I respect your experience and have used some of your advice in my own journey.

Good luck to you!

If I'm reading to much into this...I apologize again.

gs463
01-26-2012, 08:44 PM

I see that many people are eating egg whites in addition to their daily protein. My coach says we are not allowed egg whites in addition but I was wondering if eating the extra protein is helpful in losing more weight. I have lost 5.6 lbs in two weeks and was courious if adding additional protein would speed up my losses.

hmt1372
01-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Word of warning - Be careful when making the jelly! I just made it and initially followed the directions of adding the powder to boiling water in a bowl and stirring but it was still super clumpy. So I put it in a blender bottle and shook the living daylights out of it. You guessed it - raspberry jelly all over me and my kitchen! The heat created pressure and made it explode. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the jelly clump-free?

Bummer about the explosion. I use a wire whisk and just stir it for a while and typically don't have any clumps. Hope this helps. =)

ShellyT
01-26-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/199291-traveling-while-ip.html

here it is.

you can also find it in the first sticky post with other helpful links.

hope this helps.

Thank you for the list. :)

Tammywhiz
01-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

Third weigh in today and I am down 4 lbs ! Feeling great !

lindac36
01-26-2012, 09:42 PM

It is now in the past. We are all here for you!

lindac36
01-26-2012, 09:49 PM

I put the boiling water in a measuring cup, I like a little more, like 6 ounces, put the jelly powder on top and stir/whip it up with a fork. If I get a clump or two, I just squish it against the side of the cup to break it up and continue stirring.

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I see that many people are eating egg whites in addition to their daily protein. My coach says we are not allowed egg whites in addition but I was wondering if eating the extra protein is helpful in losing more weight. I have lost 5.6 lbs in two weeks and was courious if adding additional protein would speed up my losses.

I'm pretty sure it really just varies person to person what you feel like will work for you. I think you're losing fine, but that's just me :P

I started eating egg whites in the morning or having a few boiled egg whites during the day sometimes, but it hasn't messed with my weight loss as of yet. Try it, I don't think it will "speed it up" but I don't think a couple would hurt you either. If you want to try it, then try it & see if it helps; if it messes you up, then back off of it :)

patns
01-26-2012, 09:58 PM
I feel like this might be directed to me as we had a bit of a back and forth a couple of days ago.

Patns, I'm sorry if I offended you at all this past week. I feel that perhaps I shouldn't even comment but I feel the need to.

I personally need a place to go when I need to feel stronger. Seeing others being strong helps me and I don't think that's to much to ask for. I had spent probably a month watching someone very specific tumble out of control and post how often they were cheating and losing at a good pace. Can you cheat and lose? Probably. Will you be following the science of giving your pancreas a rest, nope. The constant requirement for encouragement was a never ending battle and mentally exhausted me. This was not someone who cheated once and learned, or accidently put something they weren't suppose to in their mouth.

I'm sorry you (and others) may not like the 100% thread and believe it's a black and white us vs them. I just don't feel that way. Quite honestly, I consider it my new place to lay my hat. This doesn't mean that I won't offer up positive comments, encouragement and tid bits of experience when I'm feeling strong (9 months in to it I know less then 500 posts means I'm not much of a cheerleader). But at least this way, when I know where I am emotionally, I can go to a specific thread.

I respect your experience and have used some of your advice in my own journey.

Good luck to you!

If I'm reading to much into this...I apologize again.

No need to apologize at all. I have no issue with the idea of a no cheat thread. That is what we all aim for. It is just an issue with the wording I have trouble with. It may not be a big deal but to me the 100 % gives the impression that one minor slip and you are done for. This is an example of that. There is a huge difference between someone who accidentily eats two cheerios and someone who plans ahead to go out and go off plan because it is a social occasion or even just the regular daily carb feast at work.
We know that we totally have to change how we look at food and will have to for the rest of our life. To see someone reduced to tears over the two cheerios is not what the plan is meant to be.

But the term 100% gives the impression a minor moment of not paying attention or a slight mis-interpretation of the protocol is the end of the line.

What I had issue with was the statements of the original poster in the thread the other day.

She started by saying she was fed up with cheaters and then listed as cheats things my coach had stressed were helpful things (well except for the MIO in Canada). Then she asked who was willing to suffer with her. Well personally I have not suffered on plan since the migraines of the initial withdrawal so didn't agree with the post at all.

Staying on plan has only given me energy and has resulted in slow but steady weight loss. WUV made a new thread which certainly would not be coming from the same point of view and whoever feels comfortable there should go there.

My sensitivity is that as a slow loser the first thought by many coaches seems to be you must be cheating. It is stated many times on here if you cheat you are out, my point in that discussion is what actually is a cheat may not be the same to everyone or even to every coach. If my coach had follwed that rule I'd be gone because I only lose 1-2 pounds a week, well actually 2 pounds would be a huge celebration.

My losses are much slower than the norm because of my age, my height, the fact at this point I didn't have a huge amount to lose. I had already lost the larger % of my excess weight by cutting out grains several years ago.

But I have been excited to realize in the past week or so that something else that caused such a slow loss was that I had gotten in a rut. What I was eating all the time added up to almost no fat. When I added back things like oil that I had dropped my weight is coming down again. So cheats are not the only issue and so much advice when someone has a slow loss is to cut back on things that are actually a part of the protocol.
So all of those thoughts came together with that poster's concerns and I reacted to it.

I certainly don't think it's us vs them but I think we all do need to very carefully monitor what is happening to our own bodies because ultimately the battle will be maintaining after we are done with this very active process of losing. We all need to select the type of support that will help us in this.

Anyway a long speil but I was in no way was implying you and I had disagreed. I was using you as an example of someone who had great success but had one cheat. If we take 100% at face value that would mean you would have been shown the door which doesn't make much sense to me.

Because I know I would still focus on my possibly unreasonable reaction to the term I don't go to that thread because arguing over words doesn't help at all.

Actually we could really argue about the RoughRiders vs the Eskies but I won't go there:D.

AK907
01-26-2012, 10:02 PM
3rd week weigh in tomorrow. Been making some great low carb dinners all week. Tonight I baked some chicken with Walden Farms hickory smoked bbq sauce, cooked up some tofu noodles in garlic and olive oil, and steamed some broccoli on the side. Last night I had a tuna salad I made with vegenaise, chopped celery and pickles, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and tuna. Then I wrapped it in a low carb tortilla with lettuce. I also made a dish this week where I marinated small round steaks in braggs amino acids, garlic, and sea salt. Then I sauteed celery, mushrooms, and onion separately. Once I had the steaks cooked, I put raw spinach on the bottom of the plate, placed the sauteed veggies over it, and then the steak went on top. Lastly, I made my own version of a tofu scramble with tofu, egg, edamame, mushrooms, and green onion with some sesame oil and braggs amino acids for a real asian flavor.

Just throwing some recipe ideas out there for anybody who might need some thoughts.

tenniels
01-26-2012, 10:15 PM
This is an example of the issue I have with the 100% concept, the term 100% is such an absolute. You accidently ate 2 cherrios. There is so few carbs there your body likely didn't even register them same as your brain didn't when you were eating them.
You are not stupid and it is nothing to cry about. Just keep on with what you were doing and chalk it up to precious time spent with someone very special to you who is not going to be at this age again.
Pat

Thank you so much. I get so wrapped up in that little boy sometimes, and you're right he will never be this age again. I just have to be more aware when we're playing and he's eating. I thank you for your response.

It is now in the past. We are all here for you!

Thanks Linda :)

tenniels
01-26-2012, 10:21 PM
To patns & Ishbel, I'm sorry if I brought about some sort of reaction. I am very conflicted about what happened today, because I am doing my best to be 100% OP and felt like I might be shunned for my slip up. I was not looking to take a day off, go for drinks, eat snacky foods but I really just messed up playing with my nephew. I maybe didn't need to mention it, but I'm a super honest person and felt somehow that I needed to come "clean" about what I did. I put a lot of pressure on myself with this diet because I want to do it right and I seem to need the support from all you people going through the same thing.

On a lighter note, keep me outta the Roughriders vs Eskimo's battle, I know how dang intense that can be ;) hehehe

patns
01-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh, I didn't even notice you were from Alberta too! dang Roughrider fans clogging up Costco looking for tax free goodies.

Seriously the reaction was to a thread the other day, that poster has moved on and all is good.

Ishbel
01-26-2012, 10:32 PM
To patns & Ishbel, I'm sorry if I brought about some sort of reaction. I am very conflicted about what happened today, because I am doing my best to be 100% OP and felt like I might be shunned for my slip up. I was not looking to take a day off, go for drinks, eat snacky foods but I really just messed up playing with my nephew. I maybe didn't need to mention it, but I'm a super honest person and felt somehow that I needed to come "clean" about what I did. I put a lot of pressure on myself with this diet because I want to do it right and I seem to need the support from all you people going through the same thing.

On a lighter note, keep me outta the Roughriders vs Eskimo's battle, I know how dang intense that can be ;) hehehe

NO NO NO! Not you m'dear...we figured it out and it wasn't because of your post that I felt the need to jump in. We were posting on a different thread and I wasn't entirely sure what she meant a few days ago. I didn't want her to be offended AND I wanted to defend my need for a place to go. :) We're good, I understand where she's coming from.

Don't put TOO much pressure on yourself, keep your eye on the prize CHIN UP! You are doing great! Read the response I gave someone today about emotional highs and lows. You're doing better then you think, give yourself some credit. :)

Ok seriously...if you guys came to a rider vs eskie's game in Regina...you'd be lost in the sea of green. HOWEVER, if I came to a eskie's vs rider's game in Edmonton...there would BE a sea of green. Apparently there are waves in the costco! lol

...just saying...

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
WHEW!!!....glad we got that all straightened out!!....

mompattie
01-26-2012, 10:44 PM
I just want to say one thing:

GO RIDERS!!!!

patns
01-26-2012, 10:44 PM
WHEW!!!....glad we got that all straightened out!!.... I will email Suzanne and see if she can edit the name of my other thread to just HOME because the 100% seems to be the issue

No, no need to do that because it only is an issue with me as I get hung up on words.

Ishbel, true confession time. We're really from Nova Scotia and at our house the set is glued to the Boston Patriots.

Giniwarrior
01-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Just want to set the record straight. It was quoted in the 100%OP thread that, "some people" were getting upset about a 100% OP tread being open because it set up what was felt to be a " Us VS them mentality".(the bold print being from a post I made) That was taken out of context. I really dont care how many threads are open and under what titles. Everyone needs a soft place to land. Awesome, thats a good thing. Again I have also been a 100% OP. I am not trying to take one side or the other. I wasn't upset, I was sad because I just wanted to read a little more compassion for those that are seriously struggling. Key word seriously. That was the only point that I was trying to make. I never implied otherwise.

Ishbel
01-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Ishbel, true confession time. We're really from Nova Scotia and at our house the set is glued to the Boston Patriots.

....not the mooseheads?? ;)

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Not trying to start anything & I'm sorry if people get upset by what I'm about to say.. If you feel like you may be offended, then stop right here.

I don't feel like having a cheating forum AND a separate 100% thread is such a bad thing. I think honestly it helps ME [at least, but I know of others] to have a place where we can talk about being 100% without it being hidden behind a million posts about cheating or how cheating is OKAY when for ME, it's NOT. I need a place where I can post how i'm feeling without feeling like I can't post because it's just full of cheating or cheaty talk or something like that.

It was never a US against YOU thing.. [not a reference to anyone in particular, just stating this]. Some people are easily triggered by talk of eating this off plan or doing this or doing that; so keep it in a cheat thread. What's the big deal? This diet will not work sufficiently if you jump off & jump on, that's just not how your pancreas works.

If you want to cheat, then do it! But I will NOT tell you it's okay. I'll encourage you to get right back on it, but if you keep cheating; then I really think you should re-evaluate if this diet or time for dieting is right for you.

I know I've only been on this diet for almost 18 days now, BUT there's basically no one left that started with me or around me except a select FEW people. It's really disheartening to hear about "well I ate this alllllll weekend and I lost this amount" or "I ate this, why am I not losing weight?!".......

Just my 2 cents.

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 11:28 PM
OK OK OK.....Now that everyone has put in there 2cents about the US vs THEM we NEED to STOP the madness!!!.....NO MORE talk about its!!!....

I was also asked to kinda mention that the Quoting for "good job, well done" are starting to get over whelming, so maybe we could Instant message that person and let them know they are doing a great job or just say in General "good job to all those who have WI's today". I am not trying to tell everyone or anyone what to post or not post. These are just things people have talked to me about. It is an open forum so everyone can do as they please I am only making a suggestion that is all. Trying to keep things simple and easier to go through :)

Shemsham
01-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah day 20 on plan has passed so I finally get a ticker and a signature - my 1st mini reward for sticking 100% on plan LOL!

3rd weigh in tomorrow looking for a three-pete of awesome weigh-ins
~Tammy

patns
01-26-2012, 11:51 PM
OK OK OK.....Now that everyone has put in there 2cents about the US vs THEM we NEED to STOP the madness!!!.....NO MORE talk about its!!!....

I was also asked to kinda mention that the Quoting for "good job, well done" are starting to get over whelming, so maybe we could Instant message that person and let them know they are doing a great job or just say in General "good job to all those who have WI's today". I am not trying to tell everyone or anyone what to post or not post. These are just things people have talked to me about. It is an open forum so everyone can do as they please I am only making a suggestion that is all. Trying to keep things simple and easier to go through :)

Wow!!!! What a difference in your pics!!!

patns
01-26-2012, 11:53 PM
....not the mooseheads?? ;)

Of course, that too but they are not on TV out here.

My brother met his wife at a Moosehead game though!

alaskastarr
01-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Ok....read through ALL the pages *gasp* and it took FOREVER....so with that in mind I certainly understand what Wuv is saying ;) I'll keep in mind all of that. There was a lot going on today and I am learning sooo much. I have a question though and hope someone can help me :o I am going to try the magnesium citrate because the novi lax is not helping...should I still take the novi lax tonight?

THISTIME4ME
01-26-2012, 11:59 PM

Wuv!!! My chiropractor posted your story on his FB!!!!

You're famous!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

lingereverywhere
01-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Hi, welcome to IP. I have right from when I started on IP had my big meal at noon, I asked my coach and she said it was okay for me to do this. Not all coaches have the same answers so you might want to ask yours. I will change it around if I know we are going out just to make it easier to find something to eat when not at home to fix it myself. I usually have my restricted in the afternoon for my snack. I find this has worked for me, hope this helps.

Thanks! I don't have a coach I see regularly but I'll ask when I get a chance. I just don't want to hold myself back in the meantime (:cheer: for 3FC to turn to)! Your reply was reassuring. Today was better, too -- I brought soy puffs instead of a bar and being able to have a few of those here and there really seemed to help. I'm sure it's a "mental hunger" thing (reinforced by old habits), but if it is, I really wish my brain wasn't such a good ventriloquist! I definitely feel the hunger in my (growly) stomach.

tenniels
01-27-2012, 12:20 AM
Just an update: I tested my pee with a Ketostix tonight and I'm still showing medium levels of ketones. So the two Cheerios didn't kick me out of ketosis or mess with anything other than my mind. I can tell you this much, if I were to go on a big fat cheat bender, it sure as heck wouldn't be with Cheerios! Anyways, my point is not "I got away with eating two Cheerios" its, my progress hasn't been lost or messed up over a total brain fart. I appreciate all your input and support for those that offered it, and again thank you :hug:

DanafromAustin
01-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Ok....read through ALL the pages *gasp* and it took FOREVER....so with that in mind I certainly understand what Wuv is saying ;) I'll keep in mind all of that. There was a lot going on today and I am learning sooo much. I have a question though and hope someone can help me :o I am going to try the magnesium citrate because the novi lax is not helping...should I still take the novi lax tonight?

Take the citrate tonight and take the novi lax starting tomorrow night, one to two per night after that on a regular schedule.

wuv2bloved
01-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Wuv!!! My chiropractor posted your story on his FB!!!!

You're famous!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Where???.....lol

alaskastarr
01-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Take the citrate tonight and take the novi lax starting tomorrow night, one to two per night after that on a regular schedule.

Thank you Dana...I have always had issues with this ever since I had my first c-section...I didn't realize this would make it worse, I thought the veggies would actually help me.

THISTIME4ME
01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
To WUV
I'm not sure how to link. But his name is Steve Kreutz if you go to FB and search, you can probably find it. If not, let me know.