Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 100%

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Home of the 100%

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Yesterday many of us got aggravated with the talk of all of the cheating, It was suggested that we start a thread for us that stay OP 100% to have a HOME to come too. Where we can support each other while being Faithful to the plan with no cheating.

WELCOME HOME LADIES and GENTS!!!

sandralosingweight
01-25-2012, 12:57 PM
May I join once I recommit myself to the program 100%? Let's say after 4 weeks of being 100% back? Cause believe it or not, I WANT to be back 100% like I once was, it is just that I went through a hard time recommitting to the program.

Will you take me back? I hope so :)

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Of course you can join BUT.....if you cheat...please post it somewhere else...THIS IS GOING TO BE a POSITIVE THREAD!!!!

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM
AAAhhhh sigh of relief...to have a place to call home again :) Thanks wuv for starting the new thread :)

Woke up with a migraine this morning and i'm also much thirstier than usual..already drank 2Żl.

Guess what, naked on my home scale this morning..i was 199.8. Now it doesn't count as i only consider weight on my WI day with my coach's scale but keep your fingers crossed that i get there by saturday with all my clothes on :)

I have already planned what i'm going to do for myself once i reach 100lbs loss :)

Have a great day everyone!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!

sandralosingweight
01-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Of course you can join BUT.....if you cheat...please post it somewhere else...THIS IS GOING TO BE a POSITIVE THREAD!!!!.

OK, how about that: I PROMISE not to cheat ever again until I reach my ideal weight of 150 pounds and go through maintenance and arrive to the point where I have a cheat day (phase 4 I think).

Actually, today, as I called mom I promised her the exact same thing, and she is the person I cherish the most in the whole universe, she is the most amazing person and I am blessed having her as my mom, so NO CHEATING - Promise.

I know it is hard, but not impossible.

I WILL DO IT, I promise I will.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:15 PM
AAAhhhh sigh of relief...to have a place to call home again :) Thanks wuv for starting the new thread :)

Woke up with a migraine this morning and i'm also much thirstier than usual..already drank 2Żl.

Guess what, naked on my home scale this morning..i was 199.8. Now it doesn't count as i only consider weight on my WI day with my coach's scale but keep your fingers crossed that i get there by saturday with all my clothes on :)

I have already planned what i'm going to do for myself once i reach 100lbs loss :)

WOOHOO!!!!!....199 is awesome, maybe ONE DAY I will see that number....lol...maybe I will just skip 200 and go to 199....hahaha....Hope your Migrane goes away. What do you have planned for your 100lb loss?

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 01:16 PM
OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!

Congrats Wuv...what a fantastic WI :)

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:17 PM

OK, how about that: I PROMISE not to cheat ever again until I reach my ideal weight of 150 pounds and go through maintenance and arrive to the point where I have a cheat day (phase 4 I think).

Actually, today, as I called mom I promised her the exact same thing, and she is the person I cherish the most in the whole universe, she is the most amazing person and I am blessed having her as my mom, so NO CHEATING - Promise.

Just like I said yesterday, do it as if you are saying wedding vows.....I VOW NOT TO CHEAT ON MYSELF, just like you vowed not to CHEAT on your hubby when you got married. YOU CAN do this!!

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 01:21 PM
What do you have planned for your 100lb loss?

I'm going to get a small butterfly tattoo on the inside of my wrist and will have one antenna spell 100 and the other lbs..it won't be super noticeable that it says that but i will know and will always see it as a reminder. Now i have to figure out how to draw that, lol.

I know its not everyone's taste but i personally think it'll be cute.

lbixby
01-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Congrats Wuv...what a fantastic WI :)

Great job!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm going to get a small butterfly tattoo on the inside of my wrist and will have one antenna spell 100 and the other lbs..it won't be super noticeable that it says that but i will know and will always see it as a reminder. Now i have to figure out how to draw that, lol.

I LOVE that idea!!!...I have 3 tats!!....I couldn't get one on my wrist because of my job. OMG I just realized something time to get a NEW CHARM!!!!......WOOHOOO!!!!!!.....I think I am going to get the open heart charm from Kay's. I have the open heart angel already or I could get the "C" for 100lbs in Roman numerals and its also my last name Initial...I'll have to see which one is cheaper....lol

salmongirl
01-25-2012, 01:28 PM

Wow, just to see the big 200 mark broken is so exciting! Even unofficial is okay because you know it is sight! Well done!

I am proud of you and keep up the good work!

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I LOVE that idea!!!...I have 3 tats!!....I couldn't get one on my wrist because of my job. OMG I just realized something time to get a NEW CHARM!!!!......WOOHOOO!!!!!!.....I think I am going to get the open heart charm from Kay's. I have the open heart angel already or I could get the "C" for 100lbs in Roman numerals and its also my last name Initial...I'll have to see which one is cheaper....lol

Both charms sound great!

I was concerned about the place for the tattoo as i work in a very professional environment but i don't meet clients or if/when i do, i can just put a sweater (which i have on most of the time as its always freezing here). But i couldn't think of anywhere else that would be in my face as a reminder. What are yours?

I always also wanted to get one on my lower back but with the whole loose skin issues and possible surgery...i figured i'll wait on that one, lol.

salmongirl
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM

Way to go Wuv! I hate when the scale sticks but hard work and sticking to it will always make it happen eventually. You are so inspirational. Thank you and WAY TO GO!

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Wow, just to see the big 200 mark broken is so exciting! Even unofficial is okay because you know it is sight! Well done!

I am proud of you and keep up the good work!

Awww thank you....i feel silly cause in my head...even if i still have a long way to go...being under 200lbs always meant i'm "normal"..does that make sense...

You're doing great too :)

sandralosingweight
01-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Just like I said yesterday, do it as if you are saying wedding vows.....I VOW NOT TO CHEAT ON MYSELF, just like you vowed not to CHEAT on your hubby when you got married. YOU CAN do this!!

Oh Lisa :) that made me LOL thinking: if only this diet was as sexy as my hubby is, that would make things easier, lol, I mean seriously, all the time, I look at him and think to myself: yes :carrot:, I married this much perfection!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Both charms sound great!

I was concerned about the place for the tattoo as i work in a very professional environment but i don't meet clients or if/when i do, i can just put a sweater (which i have on most of the time as its always freezing here). But i couldn't think of anywhere else that would be in my face as a reminder. What are yours?

I always also wanted to get one on my lower back but with the whole loose skin issues and possible surgery...i figured i'll wait on that one, lol.
I have a celtic butterfly on ankle, a celtic mother's knot (trinity knot but with a heart instead of the circle) on the other ankle and a cancer ribbon with angel wings on my right shoulder blade. All of them are purple because that is my favorite color.

Oh Lisa :) that made me LOL thinking: if only this diet was as sexy as my hubby is, that would make things easier, lol, I mean seriously, all the time, I look at him and think to myself: yes :carrot:, I married this much perfection!

Well he is sexy and YOU CAN BE SEXY TOO.....VOW to yourself NOT TO CHEAT because I KNOW you wouldn't CHEAT on him!...Right??

Chuckles1330
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Hmmm, a new tat to celebrate a milestone, I really like that idea. I have a relatively large tat on my lower back - based on an artwork call "Celtic Bird." Did that for myself a few years back when I was going through a tough transition.

My ultimate goal is climbing Kilimanjaro - I've always wanted to go to Africa, and after having seen a presentation on this experience I put it on the bucket list. In addition to strengthening myself, I know that significant weight loss is necessary to make this goal a reality - a good incentive to stay on plan - need to find a picture and post it where I can see it for when I'm having a rough day. :dizzy:

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4188195]I have a celtic butterfly on ankle, a celtic mother's knot (trinity knot but with a heart instead of the circle) on the other ankle and a cancer ribbon with angel wings on my right shoulder blade. All of them are purple because that is my favorite color.

LOL purple is my favorite color too so for sure it will have lots of purple. They all sound very pretty!

So far i have this picture where i could make it work with what i want written...

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for starting this Wuv!! I intended too, but the dryer buzzed and I got distracted, lol.

That's awesome!! you're so close to the 100lb mark!! Love the tattoo idea, although I could never get one I think they're really neat.

WTG!!!! That is so awesome!! I bet you can't stop grinning. You'll be at 250 before you know it and ready to set your next goal. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Well when Busy said to go ahead and start it, I figured you got busy with the kiddo's and got distracted so I started it :)

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Well when Busy said to go ahead and start it, I figured you got busy with the kiddo's and got distracted so I started it :)

Well actually I put one down for a nap and caught up on Biggest Loser while folding laundry. Lol!

And just so anyone scanning this thread had the wrong impression, you do NOT have to suffer just to stay 100% OP!!!! I just enjoyed my delicious chocolate soy puffs and am now really enjoying 2c of roasted cauliflower that I cooked with salt, olive oil, and some spices. It's delicious, and I don't feel like I'm missing out one bit.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4188195]I have a celtic butterfly on ankle, a celtic mother's knot (trinity knot but with a heart instead of the circle) on the other ankle and a cancer ribbon with angel wings on my right shoulder blade. All of them are purple because that is my favorite color.

LOL purple is my favorite color too so for sure it will have lots of purple. They all sound very pretty!

So far i have this picture where i could make it work with what i want written...

I really like that one BUT you would have to make it bigger than what you want to be able to see it. About how big are you wanting to get it?...like a 50cent piece?

omgzitsmiranda
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm glad we have a 100% thread now! Makes it so much easier lol :P
Thanks for starting it!

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=Busymomx4;4188211]

I really like that one BUT you would have to make it bigger than what you want to be able to see it. About how big are you wanting to get it?...like a 50cent piece?

Yeah that's true...i need something more simple..hmm not so easy, lol

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Well actually I put one down for a nap and caught up on Biggest Loser while folding laundry. Lol!

And just so anyone scanning this thread had the wrong impression, you do NOT have to suffer just to stay 100% OP!!!! I just enjoyed my delicious chocolate soy puffs and am now really enjoying 2c of roasted cauliflower that I cooked with salt, olive oil, and some spices. It's delicious, and I don't feel like I'm missing out one bit.

OMG ....Conda is SOOOOO getting on my nerves....lol....she aggravated me MORE than I was already from the post of cheating!!...I am SO glad Gail is gone.....she was a pity party....Who do you think will win?

MustangMolly
01-25-2012, 02:31 PM

That is beautiful. (I am also a purple lover!) and congrats on breaking 200!

I am very glad to have this thread. Although I phased off for a vacation I don't consider that cheating. I followed the IP phase off protocol and got right back on phase one after the vacation. I was gone from the boards for almost 3 weeks and when I came back it seemed as though so many of the IPeeps I had gotten to know where gone and so many people were complaining about the program. I look at it this way, I chose IP it was not forced upon me and if I don't like the results as much as I like the foods I'm missing then it's my choice to get off the plan just like I got on it. Don't get me wrong, we're all human and all are capable of slip ups, that's why this forum is so great. You get the support you need not necessarily what you want.

When I'm having what seems like an unbearable craving for sweets, I get out my WF caramel syrup and have a tsp. It isn't cheating but it sure tastes like it is!

Happy 100% to everyone.

patns
01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
OMG ....Conda is SOOOOO getting on my nerves....lol....she aggravated me MORE than I was already from the post of cheating!!...I am SO glad Gail is gone.....she was a pity party....Who do you think will win?

I thought you were talking about people on the board until I got to the last question! I guess its been a while since I watched TV.:o

MustangMolly
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
I thought you were talking about people on the board until I got to the last question! I guess its been a while since I watched TV.:o

:lol: I thought the same thing!

Linden
01-25-2012, 03:03 PM

Would you go to the Hard to thread and consider my invitation?

Linden
01-25-2012, 03:11 PM
OMG I just realized something time to get a NEW CHARM!!!!......WOOHOOO!!!!!!.....I think I am going to get the open heart charm from Kay's. I have the open heart angel already or I could get the "C" for 100lbs in Roman numerals and its also my last name Initial...I'll have to see which one is cheaper....lol

You're arm's going to fall off at the wrist one of these days. You know that, don't you? (Amazon.co.uk had a fantastic 2 or 3 day sale on the charms a while back and I was going to write to you, but with the postage and customs it might not have been such a great deal.) :(

nikkib
01-25-2012, 03:14 PM

I know I sure don't suffer on this program. Last night I made the most delicious burgers with romaine for the bun and a excellent coleslaw. I kept saying how perfect it was the whole time I was eating it. My husband just shook his head at me. It WAS perfect tho. Just like a summer picnic :) If you use your imagination and allow for a little more cooking and prep time there is no reason you should have to be miserable.

nikkib
01-25-2012, 03:19 PM

Oh this is so pretty! I think it is a wonderful idea. Good for you! I also like Wuv's idea with the charm bracelet. I just got one this winter and I only have a family charm and a very special yellow lab one in remembrance of my old girl that we had to put down last fall. I am going to get a charm for every 30 lost I think :)

Ishbel
01-25-2012, 03:28 PM

Sandra! I know you can do it! "GIT R' DONE!" :)

OH M GEE!!! I love what you're starting with...love love love it. When you get one on the wrist, make sure you don't have any gardening to do cause you really aren't suppose to get them wet (learned from experience! I had to lose some plants as I couldn't plant them) :)

ME TOO!! Hahaha!

I know I sure don't suffer on this program. Last night I made the most delicious burgers with romaine for the bun and a excellent coleslaw. I kept saying how perfect it was the whole time I was eating it. My husband just shook his head at me. It WAS perfect tho. Just like a summer picnic :) If you use your imagination and allow for a little more cooking and prep time there is no reason you should have to be miserable.

....oooo forgot about hamburgers wrapped in lettuce...might have to switch up my meal planning for the weekend.

Wuv - 6 LBS! FANTASTIC!!!

Busymom - almost to onderland!!!

...thanks for making the thread wuv, work distracted me...GO FIGURE! lol I'm glad it's turning out to be a positive home!!! WOOT WOOT!!

mompattie
01-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Wuv for the new thread! I was totally on board the cheating posts were really bugging me!!! I came home from work today with a major major headache, crawled into bed for the rest of the morning! I am up and at em now, meds working great! I have a thirst now of ALL thirsts, and chugging some water now to "catch up" from my sleeping morning! I have a roast on in the crock pot and I'm going to make some turnip fries to go with them! My kids love the turnip fries so they disappear quickly! I'm secretly smiling while they eat them....don't think I'm going to tell them what they are! Enjoy the rest of the day girls! Thanks for all the motivating posts and congrats on the weight loss for everyone!

nikkib
01-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I was going to post this a while ago but forgot. If anyone wants a flavored water that is not sweet at all I found MetroMint. They have quite a few flavors that are mint mixed with another. The mint comes out more with a hint of the other flavor. I love the chocomint and the blue bottle plain mint. I usually put half a bottle in a 32 oz water bottle, add ice then fill rest of the way with regular water mmmmm. I also found Perrier mineral water that is slightly carbonated but does not have any bad stuff (that I found at least) in it. I love the grapefruit flavor but the lemon-lime one is my favorite. I never worry about what to drink between these two waters and a ever growing variety of herbal tea :)

Paint Lady
01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
OMG, I thought Wuv was talking about forum members too. I even knew exactly who she was talking about! I don't watch TV either, lol. I'm glad there is a designated area for 100% OPers, but I'm also sad about it. There used to be one thread dedicated to cheating and now it seems like the entire board has flipped. Are their really so few who don't cheat? Stay with it! That's my advice. This diet works. Good for those of you who are 100% committed to a healthier, thinner you!

Linden
01-25-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't cheat and I really, really appreciate this thread.

Could someone please bump the OOOOPS! thread. I am shamelessly awful at finding stuff or I'd do it.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't cheat and I really, really appreciate this thread.

Could someone please bump the OOOOPS! thread. I am shamelessly awful at finding stuff or I'd do it.

Ptod bumped it :) I looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it!!

tenniels
01-25-2012, 04:06 PM

Love this. Way to go Wuv, what an inspiration. I'm here to be 100% commited and thank-you for starting a thread of positivity for those of us staying OP. I don't even know you, but I sorta feel like I do, and I must say, I am sooo proud of you. Great work girl :carrot:

SewingMomma
01-25-2012, 04:10 PM

Thanks for the new thread!!!! And again, Congratulations on the fantastic loss. It's funny how our bodies hang on to the weight for a while then BAM it flies off. I had a couple of low loss weeks, and then pow a big one. Great job. Keep up the good work.

tenniels
01-25-2012, 04:11 PM

LOVE the idea!!!!! I'm a girl that loves tattoos and I think that will have such great meaning and serve as a wonderful reminder to you. What an awesome way to commemorate such a huge victory!

hwmgrl
01-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Well hello all!!! I have been missing from here what seems like forever. I have been 100% OP since sept. 16th. I quit writing when I started reading and I felt like I was not getting help anymore. All the chat about what people were eating or drinking and feeling sorry for themselves really started to bother me. I am glad to see this thread.

Congrats to all the people who are really taking this lifestyle change seriously!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Thanks and to all the WI's congrats!!

SewingMomma
01-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Well hello all!!! I have been missing from here what seems like forever. I have been 100% OP since sept. 16th. I quit writing when I started reading and I felt like I was not getting help anymore. All the chat about what people were eating or drinking and feeling sorry for themselves really started to bother me. I am glad to see this thread.

Congrats to all the people who are really taking this lifestyle change seriously!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say Thanks and to all the WI's congrats!!

HWMGRL It's good to see you around again! Your stats look fantastic! Way to go!

Oh, I went to Target today, and they had a few WF salad dressings!!!! They're on the very bottom shelf in the salad dressing area, but they're there. I love that more places are starting to carry it.

DanafromAustin
01-25-2012, 04:20 PM

How exciting... Not only to be under 200 pounds, but also close to the 100 mark. A double celebration for sure.

You promised and I believe you. Welcome back.

Me too. Too funny!

Thank you Lisa for starting this thread and congrats on your WI today, very cool indeed!

I can't tell you how nice this new thread is going to be. I've been loosing interest as of late on the daily post because all that is going on there. It's nice to hang out with those who feel like I do. This isn't always easy, but we are all hanging in and really doing amazing. I keep being reminded of the phrase, "You have to walk the walk and talk the talk."

Pamelama
01-25-2012, 04:25 PM

Well said! I'm eating braised cabbage for lunch with 2 oz chicken & an IP packet later. Never thought I would look forward to THAT at lunch, but here we are! :D

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Love this. Way to go Wuv, what an inspiration. I'm here to be 100% commited and thank-you for starting a thread of positivity for those of us staying OP. I don't even know you, but I sorta feel like I do, and I must say, I am sooo proud of you. Great work girl :carrot:After you read what someone writes for so long you begin to know that person through their words. I have become to know quiet a few on here, and enjoy chatting with everyone....Thank you

Thanks for the new thread!!!! And again, Congratulations on the fantastic loss. It's funny how our bodies hang on to the weight for a while then BAM it flies off. I had a couple of low loss weeks, and then pow a big one. Great job. Keep up the good work.
EXACTLY, that is why you can't be disappointed when you have small losses or no losses at all. Its NOTHING you do, its your BODY holding on!

"You have to walk the walk and talk the talk."
AMEN!!!!

Pamelama
01-25-2012, 04:35 PM
I can't tell you how nice this new thread is going to be. I've been loosing interest as of late on the daily post because all that is going on there. It's nice to hang out with those who feel like I do. This isn't always easy, but we are all hanging in and really doing amazing. I keep being reminded of the phrase, "You have to walk the walk and talk the talk."

I agree. I thought it was just me. It was getting exhausting reading all the negative posts and thoughts of "how do I cheat and have it not count". Ummmmm you can't. That's how we all got here in the firast place, right? The word that keeps popping in my mind is INTEGRITY. Yes, no one is perfect, but you have to TRY to live with integrity and the intent to do the right thing, whether that be for yourself, or for others.

Ok, off the soapbox.... Enjoy your day! :)

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
I am happy to see this thread. I have been 100% OP and am 100% committed to stay 100% OP. I look forward to being a part of this thread.

Pamelama - How do you make braised cabbacge? It sounds yummy.

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 05:01 PM

I love that!! So pretty. You might have to get it bigger to be able to read what you want it to say, but it is pretty.

I'm glad Gail is gone too! She was SO SO getting on my nerves. I was worried about Chris for a minute, I like her. Conda bugs me, but I think she is all talk and attitude because no one's ever stood up to her before, she seems to put the work in, without it she couldn't have lost 10lbs.

HWMGRL It's good to see you around again! Your stats look fantastic! Way to go!

Oh, I went to Target today, and they had a few WF salad dressings!!!! They're on the very bottom shelf in the salad dressing area, but they're there. I love that more places are starting to carry it.

We have them too here at Wal-Mart, Publix, and the commissary. I've only ever seen the salad dressings, but they're there. Our stores all have them in the refrigerated section so it might be worth checking out there too if you're looking for them elsewhere.

mompattie
01-25-2012, 05:03 PM
I want to share my Mantra: If it's to be, it's up to me!

Today has been an unusually hard day for me...my daughter's anniversary was on Monday. She died at birth, my perfect wonderful baby didn't have a chance to take a breath or open her eyes. She was born still at full term due to a knot in the umbilical cord. She would have been 6 years old this year, and as the years go by, the waves don't crash as hard, but once in a while, the tide comes in and it knocks me to my knees.

Today was that day. I was good on Monday, usually around her anniversary I am super busy with my now 5 year old little boy, who brought more joy and healing that he will ever know...and my busy and amazing 10 year old....but I take time to remember her, pause in prayer, and talk about her. And every year, I can count on it now...NOONE calls me, texts me, emails me....NOTHING. My husband of course remembers and holds me as I cry, but not even my mom or my mother in law, phone me or anything. Its hurtful, it's like they have totally forgotten about her. She is their grandchild, they celebrate all of the other grandkids but on this ONE DAY a year, I would like a phone call to say, "I miss her" . I want someone to ask me how I'm doing, tell me they wonder what she would be like, what her personality would be like, and just basically support us in our loss through the years.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I just feel that I needed to talk about it and you all are a safe place for me. I've been spot OP since I restarted and I will continue to be. I don't want to eat....I just want to cry.... and wish my family would remember. But then I remember my mantra "If it's to be, it's up to me". No more feeling sorry for myself, I will continue to remember her everyday and celebrate her anniversary. Life does go on, and she left many many blessings for us. The biggest one was to thank God daily for each blessing and enjoy life. And that is why IP is saving my life, so I can enjoy and LIVE!

Thanks for listening.

Pamelama
01-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Pamelama - How do you make braised cabbacge? It sounds yummy.

It's definitely a "plan ahead" recipe, but soooo worth it.

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly spray large (9x13) baking pan.

Peel off bruised or ragged layers of cabbage. Cut into 8 wedges. Arrange wedged in baking dish without crowding or won't braise. (sometimes I use 2 pans).
Drizzle 1 tbs olive oil over cabbage, add 1/4 cup chicken stock or water to pan. Sprinkle with s&p. Cover tightly with foil or tight fitting lid and bake in oven 1 hour. Turn the cabbage wedges after 1 hour, wedges may fall part when turned. If needed, add a few tbs of water..should not be dry. Replace foil and return to oven.

Bake 35-45 min longer or until really tender. Serve warm or @ room temp. Yummy!:D

Linden
01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Ptod bumped it :) I looked for it yesterday and couldn't find it!!

You know, I use the formula that I'mSvelting devised and Pxlkitty refined, the one at the beginning of the Daily thread, but I just can't get it to work for me. If anyone has any further refinements, boy! they sure would be appreciated. I can't tell you how many times I've looked for the Exercise thread to bump!!! :(

Ishbel
01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
oh mompattie...I can only imagine how you're feeling and yet I know there are no real words to help you have a better day...grief is a tough process...you made me cry, I ache for you...

:hug:

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Today has been an unusually hard day for me...my daughter's anniversary was on Monday. She died at birth, my perfect wonderful baby didn't have a chance to take a breath or open her eyes. She was born still at full term due to a knot in the umbilical cord. She would have been 6 years old this year, and as the years go by, the waves don't crash as hard, but once in a while, the tide comes in and it knocks me to my knees.

Today was that day. I was good on Monday, usually around her anniversary I am super busy with my now 5 year old little boy, who brought more joy and healing that he will ever know...and my busy and amazing 10 year old....but I take time to remember her, pause in prayer, and talk about her. And every year, I can count on it now...NOONE calls me, texts me, emails me....NOTHING. My husband of course remembers and holds me as I cry, but not even my mom or my mother in law, phone me or anything. Its hurtful, it's like they have totally forgotten about her. She is their grandchild, they celebrate all of the other grandkids but on this ONE DAY a year, I would like a phone call to say, "I miss her" . I want someone to ask me how I'm doing, tell me they wonder what she would be like, what her personality would be like, and just basically support us in our loss through the years.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I just feel that I needed to talk about it and you all are a safe place for me. I've been spot OP since I restarted and I will continue to be. I don't want to eat....I just want to cry.... and wish my family would remember. But then I remember my mantra "If it's to be, it's up to me". No more feeling sorry for myself, I will continue to remember her everyday and celebrate her anniversary. Life does go on, and she left many many blessings for us. The biggest one was to thank God daily for each blessing and enjoy life. And that is why IP is saving my life, so I can enjoy and LIVE!

Thanks for listening.
First I am truly sorry for your loss:hug::hug:, second you are a very strong woman to be able to handle this the way that you do, Third you have an angel looking down at you smiling saying "that is my momma, and I am so proud of her" You doing this for yourself is probably the best gift you could ever give yourself.

Feel free to post whatever it is you need to talk about, that is why we are here to help through good time and bad. My dad passed away 15 yrs ago and I told him then that I would lose weight....here I am 15 yrs later doing what I promised him. It took me that long to come to terms with it. I always have him looking down on me and I know that he is very proud of me and the changes I have made in my life. When I reached 100lbs loss I bought an open heart angel charm from Kay's to represent him always being with me.

Be PROUD of yourself, and never forget:hug:

Chuckles1330
01-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Wow mompattie, I'm sorry for your loss and your sense of emotional isolation at this time of year. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I was going to post about how stressed I am at work and that I keep repeating "I will stay on plan," and your post helps bring things back into perspective.

Take care.

idealpromom
01-25-2012, 05:15 PM

I too am going to be on 100% ....... thank you for saying "I know it is hard, but not impossible" - I posted that on my board at work.

We can do this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And wuv... you are an inspiration - thank you:hug:

mamacitaof2
01-25-2012, 05:16 PM

AGREE! You success is amazing and drives me! I want to be taller, skinner, prettier!

Pamelama
01-25-2012, 05:18 PM

Thanks for listening.

Oh mompattie, I'm tearing up reading your post. I'm so sorry you and your family had to go through that heartbreak. I think it's perfectly fine to remember her and cry. My dear friend went thru something similar (it's been 14 years) and she said it profoundly changed her but gave her a new appreciation of life and "new blessings".

In my extremely humble opinion, I would like to offer that your family hasn't forgotten her. Sometimes people avoid their pain and devastation by not acknowledging it. What's important is what you already said, YOU remember everyday and she is alive in you, your husband and your beautiful children.

God Bless!

Pam :hug:

Bellamack
01-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Busymom - AWESOME!

Congrats to Wuv!

agree about the Biggest Loser

No tats here... love my pure, white Irish skin :)

mompattie, I cried for your loss. so unfair & heartbreaking. God Bless YOU and your family.

Danni1
01-25-2012, 05:23 PM

Thanks for listening.

Sending hugs and prayers to you. :hug::hug::hug:

Danni1
01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Does anyone know if we can have celery root? I know we can have celery, and we can have some root vegetables such as turnip, I'm just not sure if celery root it okay.

tenniels
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Mompattie - long distance *hugs* from me in Alberta

Pamelama
01-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know if we can have celery root? I know we can have celery, and we can have some root vegetables such as turnip, I'm just not sure if celery root it okay.

Yes, celery root or celeriac is ok.

New Englander
01-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Dinner is on so i can't write much...very happy to join in on this tread! Woo hoo!!! And I'm getting a tattoo of the word Believe in Irish!!! :) Cheers!!!

ptod
01-25-2012, 05:45 PM

Thank you for the tip.

My usual grocery store, Stop & Shop, has WF on sale 2/$5 through 2/23. The only flavor I really like on my salad is the honey dijon, but they don't stock a lot so I have stopped into the store a few times this week and that flavor is always gone. I didn't want to buy 1 bottle at a time for all of February, so I asked if the store could special order a bunch for me. The produce manager didn't blink when I said I would order at least 10 bottles (I guess I wanted him to take me seriously). He even went in the back and found today's delivery & I bought the entire case. If anyone is curious, the dressing comes 6 bottles to a case. :D I am happy and even save $6 over the regular price.

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 05:50 PM
It's definitely a "plan ahead" recipe, but soooo worth it.

Preheat oven to 325. Lightly spray large (9x13) baking pan.

Peel off bruised or ragged layers of cabbage. Cut into 8 wedges. Arrange wedged in baking dish without crowding or won't braise. (sometimes I use 2 pans).
Drizzle 1 tbs olive oil over cabbage, add 1/4 cup chicken stock or water to pan. Sprinkle with s&p. Cover tightly with foil or tight fitting lid and bake in oven 1 hour. Turn the cabbage wedges after 1 hour, wedges may fall part when turned. If needed, add a few tbs of water..should not be dry. Replace foil and return to oven.

Bake 35-45 min longer or until really tender. Serve warm or @ room temp. Yummy!:D

Thanks! Sounds like something to make on the weekend. I will have to try it.

Trinique125
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM

congratulations Wuv, fantastic job.:carrot:

can you give us an example of what your daily menu looks like? and also do you mind if I ask, do you have issues with constipation on this diet and if so, what do you do to resolve it?

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM

Thanks for listening.

mompattie - I am so sorry for your loss and it breaks my heart to think about how hard that must have been for your family. As Wuv said, you have a little angel looking down on you, shinning down on you from heaven, waiting for the day you will be together again. The loss of a child is the hardest loss and takes great strength to continue on and live life. I admire your strength and am sending prayers your way in hopes it will help comfort you today. God bless you and your little girl.

ptod
01-25-2012, 06:00 PM

Today has been an unusually hard day for me..

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your mantra shows that you are an incredibly strong woman, but today let us help hold you up. Prayers & hugs for you and your DH. :hug:

mompattie
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks EACH and everyone of you for your loving posts. You are holding me up on a hard day, thank you for listening, thanks for the words of encouragement and insight, and the virtual hugs!! I am smiling through my tears, you are very special people. Thanks for listening and thanks for being here for me today. I have many blessings - I'm listening to my wonderful healthy amazing boys play Lego, and I remember that life is a mystery....and life is good. I choose life and IP is helping me get healthy!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
congratulations Wuv, fantastic job.:carrot:

can you give us an example of what your daily menu looks like? and also do you mind if I ask, do you have issues with constipation on this diet and if so, what do you do to resolve it?

If you read the daily thread I have posted what I eat on a daily basis and i do not have any problems

Mom3LoveBugs
01-25-2012, 06:32 PM

Thanks for listening.

my heart is aching and tears are streaming for you and your family. :(

you are a very strong woman and I sit here in admiration of you and I know your daughter is doing the same from above. :hug:

starry1672
01-25-2012, 06:57 PM

I did the same thing this morning! I don't get WI till tomorrow night, but it was nice to see 185 this morning :)

starry1672
01-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Today is day 18 for me and not a cheat to be had. Glad to be a part of this group :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Today is day 18 for me and not a cheat to be had. Glad to be a part of this group :)

Woo Hoo! I'm right behind you :) Day 16 for me :)

mamacitaof2
01-25-2012, 08:34 PM

Thanks for listening.

That is so heartbreaking! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. I can relate on a different level. I lost my brother 5 years ago in a snowmobile accident. It is the most devastating thing in my life and I miss him every single day. It breaks my heart that he's not hear to see his niece and nephew grow up. I know the things they do would make him laugh. As hard as it all is, I truely believe things happend for a reason. He has a plan for us all...even if we don't like it.

Stay strong and know that we are all here to support you. :hug:

mamacitaof2
01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
On a lighter note. I made Kale chips tonight with the popcorn seasoning. I made three different batches, one for each flavor I have. They turned out SO GOOD!

mompattie
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
On a lighter note. I made Kale chips tonight with the popcorn seasoning. I made three different batches, one for each flavor I have. They turned out SO GOOD!

How do you make Kale chips? These sound gooooood!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your brother - loss is quite a journey, Hugs!!

Tmg1989
01-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Congrats to all! Heading to WI 9 tomorrow. 100% since my start Dec 1! If one is gonna do it....then do it all the way!

Junetwin11
01-25-2012, 09:45 PM
This is awesome-Thank you Wuv- Congratulations to all :) :) :)

Busymomx4
01-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Mompatie - really sorry for your loss .

licaba
01-25-2012, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=Busymomx4;4188211]

I am very glad to have this thread. Although I phased off for a vacation I don't consider that cheating. I followed the IP phase off protocol and got right back on phase one after the vacation.

Hi there... this peaked my interest because while I have only been on IP for 3 weeks I have a weeks vacation the first week of March (Texas). I soooo do not want to cheat so I was wondering if I should 'phase off'? Right now I feel like I could get through the week and stay on plan, but there will be a lot of eating out. What do you (or anyone else) think? thanks for any info

Beanie Mommy
01-25-2012, 09:54 PM
mompattie - you are just so wonderful for being so supportive of everyone here. When you mentioned about stuffing your feelings down with food yesterday, I could have never imagined how much pain you really are dealing with. I admire your strength to being so committed through such a hard time. It's late in the day, but hopefully you get lots more hugs before it is over - here's one from me *hug*

I cried for your terrible loss, but you also made me appreciate my little 2-year-old blessing (sometimes a little adorable terror) even more.

I've been 100% OP since I restarted after Christmas. I promise today to stay on track until I get my legal cheat days in phase 4.

SewingMomma
01-25-2012, 09:54 PM
I don't know anything about phasing off, but I eat out all the time and stay OP. The only thing that I find is that restaurants skimp on veggies, so you might have to order double or even buy some celery or cucumbers to munch on. You just have to be very conscious of what you're ordering when you eat out and make sure that it doesn't have any no-no ingredients. My kids and I go to the beach every year for spring break, and I'm going to stay OP for that.

licaba
01-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks Sewing Momma

mompattie
01-25-2012, 10:12 PM
mompattie - you are just so wonderful for being so supportive of everyone here. When you mentioned about stuffing your feelings down with food yesterday, I could have never imagined how much pain you really are dealing with. I admire your strength to being so committed through such a hard time. It's late in the day, but hopefully you get lots more hugs before it is over - here's one from me *hug*

I cried for your terrible loss, but you also made me appreciate my little 2-year-old blessing (sometimes a little adorable terror) even more.

I've been 100% OP since I restarted after Christmas. I promise today to stay on track until I get my legal cheat days in phase 4.

Hugs back Beanie. Thanks so much. I really appreciate everyone here!!! The motivation, the inspiration, the support....we're connecting with strangers through common goals and needs. Its a great forum. Thanks for your support!

Louisiana chick
01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
I am excited to see that this thread was started. When i chose to begin this diet, I had the determination to follow through with what was on that sheet for Phase 1. I never once cheated. People that say this diet is impossible when you go on vacation are sometimes using that as an excuse. I went to Hawaii at the beginning of December and stuck to the program and came home with a weight loss. It was a challenge in some restaurants but all of them were willing to accomodate my requests. Now that I am in my second week of Phase 3, I am still as determined to succeed on this diet as Day 1 of Phase 1.

northernfawn
01-25-2012, 10:58 PM

congratulations! you are awesome and I see you as our leader showing us the way......keep up the good work, you're almost here.....:carrot:

sandralosingweight
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Mompattie, I cried and cried reading your post, I Am not a mom, but have been dreaming about it since forever and not too long ago I believed i was having all the symptoms of a pregnant woman only to find out I wasn't and this devastated me, so I can't even imagine how hard it is on you and your family to carry a baby full term and lose her! All I can say is stay strong, your kiss are blessings to be forever thankful for and your daughter is an angel not physically with you but always watching over you.

sandralosingweight
01-25-2012, 11:14 PM
I want to report that its is after 10pm in here and I was 1000% OP. Not sure why it felt quite easy today, I didn't feel like struggling at all, no carbs withdrawal at all. I guess it is mainly because I put my mind into it and I vowed not to cheat, I knew I can do it

MaMaZu
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM

LOVE kale chips! My husband has kale growing in the garden right now, we love dinosaur kale, so yummy for chips! We use olive oil, kosher salt and a little red pepper flakes.

mompattie
01-25-2012, 11:17 PM
LOVE kale chips! My husband has kale growing in the garden right now, we love dinosaur kale, so yummy for chips! We use olive oil, kosher salt and a little red pepper flakes.

*SIGH* Gardening! We're under a few feet of snow here in Sask! I'm not even sure I can buy Kale here....going to google it and find out!!

starry1672
01-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Woo Hoo! I'm right behind you :) Day 16 for me :)

You go girl! :carrot:

mompattie
01-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Mompattie, I cried and cried reading your post, I Am not a mom, but have been dreaming about it since forever and not too long ago I believed i was having all the symptoms of a pregnant woman only to find out I wasn't and this devastated me, so I can't even imagine how hard it is on you and your family to carry a baby full term and lose her! All I can say is stay strong, your kiss are blessings to be forever thankful for and your daughter is an angel not physically with you but always watching over you.

Thanks Sandra... all you guys are soooo sweet and awesome. I feel sooo much better tonight! Great job staying OP today! YOU WILL DO THIS! What was it Yoda said from Star Wars? "Do or no do. There is no try"

Trinique125
01-25-2012, 11:41 PM
If you read the daily thread I have posted what I eat on a daily basis and i do not have any problems

I don't spend all day on the computer so sorry I missed your post.

And you don't have any issues with constipation on this diet? I read your menu and it sounds like you're lacking in fibre, I was told by someone on here that cucumbers don't have much fibre in it.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 11:52 PM

And you don't have any issues with constipation on this diet? I read your menu and it sounds like you're lacking in fibre, I was told by someone on here that cucumbers don't have much fibre in it.

UMMMMM...no disrespect here but I have been on the program now for 38 weeks, and have had no problems. I am doing great, thanks for your concern

Trinique125
01-25-2012, 11:55 PM
UMMMMM...no disrespect here but I have been on the program now for 38 weeks, and have had no problems. I am doing great, thanks for your concern

you're being honest right?

well good for you, congratulations:D

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 11:56 PM
you're being honest right?

well good for you, congratulations:D

Of course I am being Honest...why would I not be?

Jag23
01-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Ok this is a site for me. I am OP 21 days now.and have not cheated at all and no desire to so. I quit smoking 23 years ago and gained 20 lbs. They've stayed and were totally uninvited visitors. Its time I felt, to give them "The Boot'. 2012 I decided is my year. I will be 59 in March so time I worked on Me.

nikkib
01-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Hugs to you mompattie. I totally agree with pamelama about your family remembering. Your loss has made me take a extra moment tho and thank God for my own two beautiful blessings. You are in my prayers.

JKfromIL
01-26-2012, 12:30 AM
I too have been OP 100% and I am quite proud of myself. This was my birthday gift to myself :). I am a single mom so the decision to start IP was a tough one both mentally and financially. But, I crunched some numbers and made a commitment. Yes there have been times when I dreamt or though about other foods but, all you have to do is look in the mirror at the results to make you stay OP. (plus I would never want to go through week 1 again or go back on the meds that I have been able to discontinue)

This plan is the best! Hope everyone is having a good week!

nikkib
01-26-2012, 12:34 AM

I do the same thing with the cucumbers. I have one almost daily for either lunch of supper. I do however have issues sometimes. My Dr. said that Miralax daily as a preventative measure was perfectly fine. In fact that is what she used while on this diet herself. I probably would not have issues if I ate the salad but I do not like any of the dressings and there is no way I could eat any more than what I already do without blowing up so I do not eat it unless I am using it for a bun or wrap. Hope this helps :)

Shemsham
01-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Day 19 of 100% on plan - 2 more days until weigh-in #3 ~ Tammy

meant2b
01-26-2012, 12:56 AM

Thanks Wuv for restarting this thread! It's wonderful! Congratulations on your continued success... you are an inspiration!

Both charms sound great!

I love the charm idea! I am a tattoo girl. I just got my lower leg done with our (me/hubby/4 kids) birth month flowers.

mompattie - you sound like one incredible woman and Mom! You have the strength that some of us pray for! God bless you and your family! :hug:

Ishbel - this really does feel like 'home'!

Thanks everyone for sharing! Good night!

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Thanks Wuv for restarting this thread! It's wonderful! Congratulations on your continued success... you are an inspiration!

I love the charm idea! I am a tattoo girl. I just got my lower leg done with our (me/hubby/4 kids) birth month flowers.

mompattie - you sound like one incredible woman and Mom! You have the strength that some of us pray for! God bless you and your family! :hug:

Ishbel - this really does feel like 'home'!

Thanks everyone for sharing! Good night!

WOW....TOTALLY LOVE THAT!!!

pandamoose
01-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Hello! First of all I thought the daily thread was just not for me becease of all the whinning! So glad to see I was not too far off in my thinking.. I work around restarant quality pasteries and desserts all day but am not at all tempted by them as I am paying good money to be a part of IP for ME!! Congrats to all of us for staying 100% OP!

I found a little pink vintage purse/clutch that I promised myself I could buy after I lost 10 lbs, well I happened to be by that store today so I stopped and bought my clutch even though I'm not at 10lbs yet, that's how I cheat ;)

starry1672
01-26-2012, 08:21 AM

I have 2 cups of cucumbers for my snack into lunch everyday and have no problems either.

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=MustangMolly;4188315]

Hi there... this peaked my interest because while I have only been on IP for 3 weeks I have a weeks vacation the first week of March (Texas). I soooo do not want to cheat so I was wondering if I should 'phase off'? Right now I feel like I could get through the week and stay on plan, but there will be a lot of eating out. What do you (or anyone else) think? thanks for any info

The only reason I phased off is because I went out of the country and was going to an all inclusive resort. I would not have had room in my luggage to carry all the food I would have needed and I didn't want to take any chances at customs and losing what I have paid a good deal of money for.

Ishbel
01-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Hey Licaba, I have a trip to Mexico at the beginning of March, I'm doing a mini phase off just like Jennydoodle. With all the planning and extra work I'm doing towards getting back on the wagon I'm going to be fine (made a poster for the bathroom/enlist boot kicking abilities from friends etc etc). Check out her vacation thread! Search "vacation long post".

salmongirl
01-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Good morning everyone! Day 14 and feeling good. I have had a little trouble sleeping but I can live with that. I made the kale chips too last night and my whole family loved them. I am really beginning to see that this could be a way of life and not just a diet. I guess I am in for the long haul!

Have a good day and stay warm. I guess not everyone lives in a cold climate but Idaho is still chilled by winter...only dreaming of gardens!

New Englander
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Good morning everyone! Day 14 and feeling good. I have had a little trouble sleeping but I can live with that. I made the kale chips too last night and my whole family loved them. I am really beginning to see that this could be a way of life and not just a diet. I guess I am in for the long haul!

Have a good day and stay warm. I guess not everyone lives in a cold climate but Idaho is still chilled by winter...only dreaming of gardens!
Hi! Just a word of caution...be careful not to overeat the kale chips..I didn't think it would matter and I was eating a plateful...then I began "measuring" my portion precooked and it was drastically different from what I was "eyeing"...And because I was eating Kale chips everyday when I began eating the right portions my weight started to come off quicker... :)

Lorilou
01-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Good moring everyone! Feeling positive today and looking forward to continueing on my journey on this program. Good luck to everyone today and stay 100% OP. :hug:

Busymomx4
01-26-2012, 09:52 AM

OMG that is awsome, love it! So i remembered that a girl in another department has a tattoo on her wrist (it says LOVE) so i just went and asked her if anyone ever said anything about it and she said nope! So that makes me feel better :)

I have 2 cups of cucumbers for my snack into lunch everyday and have no problems either.

Regardless what i eat...i get the big C bigtime all the time...i take 4 floralax, 4 probiotics a day and sometimes i add 2 novalax and i still barely go...

UGh still stuck at 201lbs on my scale (with clothes on) so i doubt i'll make it to onederland this week but hey, no biggie, i will the following week and if not, the week after...i'll get there eventually...

We're supposed to get very crappy weather overnight (did you see that sandra?)...around 10cm of snow overnight followed by freezing rain in the morning and then more snow...yay!

Hope you all have a great day :)

mtnsun4
01-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone!

Today is week 2 of IP and I feel great! My clothes are fitting a TON better, and according to my scale, I am down 16 lbs. I have my official weigh in tonight. Have a great day everyone!

frazzledmom04
01-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Morning everyone! Loving this new thread Wuv. The daily chat was making me want to reach through the computer and give some heads a shake. I had an overnight visit with my mom in the city and with a little etra planning and packets I was amazed at how easy it was to stay OP when eating out. I still don't understand when people say that I'm going to gain all the weight back when I reach goal. If I can change how I'm eating now, why can't I just continue making the good food choices later. i"m so determined that I can do this. There's no going back for me. HAGD everybody!

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Hey Licaba, I have a trip to Mexico at the beginning of March, I'm doing a mini phase off just like Jennydoodle. With all the planning and extra work I'm doing towards getting back on the wagon I'm going to be fine (made a poster for the bathroom/enlist boot kicking abilities from friends etc etc). Check out her vacation thread! Search "vacation long post".

Hey Ishbel, did you get my PM? I wanted to make sure I answered all your questions.

Ishbel
01-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey Ishbel, did you get my PM? I wanted to make sure I answered all your questions.

Hey Hey Molly,

Yup I did, I thought I responded back...sorry! :/ Thank you for your advice and support. :) Your experience has really helped me 'calm' down a bit. :hug:

I'm taking some stuff with me to help me stay on track (even though I'll be in phase 4 during the trip) and I'm prepared to gain during my vacation AND get it back off when I'm back just like you and Jennydoodle! :D

Vacations are 'life' and I don't think my life is ending doing this diet when in fact it's just beginning. I always over spend on the bank account when I'm on vacation and fix it later, so I'll do the same with my body. lol I'm highly expecting the body to get back on track FASTER then my bank account though HAHAHA!

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 11:01 AM

I am SO SO SO proud of you!! AND I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Congratulations and keep up the good work! You are an amazing testimony to showing how this diet not only works but changes your life! CONGRATULATIONS again!! And P.S - I totally believe you will make it for your 1 year anniversary!

ptod
01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=MustangMolly;4188315]Hi there... this peaked my interest because while I have only been on IP for 3 weeks I have a weeks vacation the first week of March (Texas). I soooo do not want to cheat so I was wondering if I should 'phase off'? Right now I feel like I could get through the week and stay on plan, but there will be a lot of eating out. What do you (or anyone else) think? thanks for any info

Eating out shouldn't scare anyone. I have never had trouble at any restaurant where I asked for modifications to meals. My DH & I travel most weekends from March through December for a side business we own - so I have had a lot of practice. Below are some examples of what I order at chain restaurants that we have dined at. As you know, most chains offer similar meals so it shouldn't be hard to find the basic ingredients from different menu options to put on your OP plate.

One important caveat is that when we start traveling, I do not eat any veggies that are restricted to a few times a week while I am at home - ie tomatoes - so I have more options/variety while on the road.

Olive Garden - grilled salmon & steamed broccoli or other veggie
mixed grill (steak & chicken) kabob - ask for no glaze and steamed veggies - there are veggies on the kabob too, peppers I think.

Ruby Tuesday - petite sirloin & steamed veggies or salad bar
you can get salmon here too with more veggies
salad bar, of course

Longhorn (steak chain) - I always order the same thing here - can't help it - I don't even open the menu any more - Flo's Filet - 7 oz steak, cooked medium rare, that melts in your mouth mmmmmmm (sorry - was daydreaming a bit) and of course broccoli or asparagus, just check the list of sides available

Cracker Barrel - they do have a low carb menu, but IMO it is not that easy to adjust these meals. My go to choice from the low carb page is the salad with grilled chicken. Then I say, no cheese, croutons, or dressing. This salad also has 1 hard boiled egg and nice big tomato slices. The salad mix they use does have tiny slivers of carrot. I do my best to eat around them, but I don't make a major production out of it.

If you are going to plan on just eating salads, with or without meat, you need to think ahead about dressing. When we travel by car, I always pack a bottle of WF dressing in the cooler & bring the bottle into restaurants. When it is not easy to bring a cooler along, I either buy a bottle locally (WF site tells you the names of chain that carry their product) or I have single serving packets of WF for my purse. Vinegar & oil is also readily available at most restaurants.

Remember the wait staff is there to help you. Ask what veggies are in the "seasonal vegetable", etc. Sometimes as I start to order I have said to the wait person, "I have some dietary restrictions" and found the person really pays attention. Most times I forget to say it and just order. Do not be embarrassed or think you are being difficult. You will learn to say - instead of the potato or ________ I would like 2 orders of steamed broccoli or ________. Please no butter or oil, seasonings are ok. I don't send dishes back unless there is a major screw up. If I suspect there is a bit of butter, I just count it as my oil for the day and move on. If you are a picky eater, you may be stuck ordering the same meal over & over - so be it - it won't kill you. You will be home again soon enough.

And most importantly, I always thank the staff for helping me with my order and tip well as a thank you.

IMO, this program is not a diet that you go off later. I will continue to order restaurant meals this way when I reach goal, so I might as well get comfortable now. HTH

DanafromAustin
01-26-2012, 11:26 AM

Everyone is so different in this area. I always have problems when I have low carbed in the past, so I knew it would be a problem again and sure enough it is. Now my daughter, who is on IP and eats basically the same thing I'm eating has never had an issue. What my coach recommends is magnesium citrate and then a daily dose of novi-lax. I generally now just take one novi-lax at night and it keeps things moving.

I'm going on a cruise at the end of February and have decided to just go to phase 2 for that week. I will still have a long way to go at that point and I really don't want to phase off. I know I will be fine as I have always eaten out a lot while on this plan.

DanafromAustin
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=licaba;4189007]

Eating out shouldn't scare anyone. I have never had trouble at any restaurant where I asked for modifications to meals. My DH & I travel most weekends from March through December for a side business we own - so I have had a lot of practice. Below are some examples of what I order at chain restaurants that we have dined at. As you know, most chains offer similar meals so it shouldn't be hard to find the basic ingredients from different menu options to put on your OP plate.

One important caveat is that when we start traveling, I do not eat any veggies that are restricted to a few times a week while I am at home - ie tomatoes - so I have more options/variety while on the road.

Olive Garden - grilled salmon & steamed broccoli or other veggie
mixed grill (steak & chicken) kabob - ask for no glaze and steamed veggies - there are veggies on the kabob too, peppers I think.

Ruby Tuesday - petite sirloin & steamed veggies or salad bar
you can get salmon here too with more veggies
salad bar, of course

Longhorn (steak chain) - I always order the same thing here - can't help it - I don't even open the menu any more - Flo's Filet - 7 oz steak, cooked medium rare, that melts in your mouth mmmmmmm (sorry - was daydreaming a bit) and of course broccoli or asparagus, just check the list of sides available

Cracker Barrel - they do have a low carb menu, but IMO it is not that easy to adjust these meals. My go to choice from the low carb page is the salad with grilled chicken. Then I say, no cheese, croutons, or dressing. This salad also has 1 hard boiled egg and nice big tomato slices. The salad mix they use does have tiny slivers of carrot. I do my best to eat around them, but I don't make a major production out of it.

If you are going to plan on just eating salads, with or without meat, you need to think ahead about dressing. When we travel by car, I always pack a bottle of WF dressing in the cooler & bring the bottle into restaurants. When it is not easy to bring a cooler along, I either buy a bottle locally (WF site tells you the names of chain that carry their product) or I have single serving packets of WF for my purse. Vinegar & oil is also readily available at most restaurants.

Remember the wait staff is there to help you. Ask what veggies are in the "seasonal vegetable", etc. Sometimes as I start to order I have said to the wait person, "I have some dietary restrictions" and found the person really pays attention. Most times I forget to say it and just order. Do not be embarrassed or think you are being difficult. You will learn to say - instead of the potato or ________ I would like 2 orders of steamed broccoli or ________. Please no butter or oil, seasonings are ok. I don't send dishes back unless there is a major screw up. If I suspect there is a bit of butter, I just count it as my oil for the day and move on. If you are a picky eater, you may be stuck ordering the same meal over & over - so be it - it won't kill you. You will be home again soon enough.

And most importantly, I always thank the staff for helping me with my order and tip well as a thank you.

IMO, this program is not a diet that you go off later. I will continue to order restaurant meals this way when I reach goal, so I might as well get comfortable now. HTH

I'm not big on chain restaurants (it's an Austin thing ;)), but I have found them to be easier to eat at while on this diet. I wanted to add to your list also :
1) BJ's : turkey patty with a side of steamed broccoli
2) Mimi's Cafe: petite fillet or grilled salmon with a side of steamed spinach.
I always just tell the wait person no butter or oil on anything, please. They are always happy to help and I haven't run into any problems so far.

ptod
01-26-2012, 11:40 AM

I think of the program as a way of life that happens to have, during Phase 4, a day where I can freely choose to eat how I want. I live fully in Phase 1 right now. I know what the different Phases entail from reading stickies and other threads, but I don't live in or for some particular food in the future. My DH already eats dinner the same as me (with an occasional potato or rice side dish) and as I progress through the Phases so will he. This is our way of life.

I don't like the ch**t word. To me that word implies that I am not following the guidelines of the program. I never want to feel that I did something wrong.

Once I was on the program for a while and found my groove, I started to read the maintenance thread as a way of understanding the Phases. What I found was that that "free day" still has consequences that need to be managed. Not everyone finds the transition easy and most scale way back on what the free "day" really means.

licaba
01-26-2012, 11:47 AM
You guys are awesome!!!! Thanks for all the tips and info. I will be in Austin and also go to San Antonio (dh wants to see the Alamo)

Love love love you all I feel much better about my ability to stay on plan!!!

ptod
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm not big on chain restaurants (it's an Austin thing ;))

I hear you! Go Austin!

We now seek out local restaurants in order to fully experience the areas we visit. I figured many people would feel more comfortable starting at chains they might recognize - at least till they get their sea legs. :D

DanafromAustin
01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
You guys are awesome!!!! Thanks for all the tips and info. I will be in Austin and also go to San Antonio (dh wants to see the Alamo)

Love love love you all I feel much better about my ability to stay on plan!!!

When in Austin go to 24Hour Diner on Lamar Ave. and order the roasted chicken with the roasted brussel sprouts. You have to remove the skin of course on the chicken, but it's my favorite place to eat here in Austin because of that dish. Just stay away from all of the wonderful food trailers. Very tasty original food, but not IP friendly, sorry to say.

Beanie Mommy
01-26-2012, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE=ptod;4189793]I don't like the ch**t word. To me that word implies that I am not following the guidelines of the program. I never want to feel that I did something wrong.QUOTE]

I'm totally with you on that. I feel like there are so many ways to legally indulge on this program, so cheating is totally unnecessary. The puddings and shakes are so yummy - especially if you keep things interesting by doctoring them up with Herbal Tea and spices, or my favorite breakfast... Vanilla Drink Mix with only 4 oz. of water in my daily cup of coffee. I swear it's better than any Starbucks!

I save my real big indulgence for Saturdays - that's when I make the unrestricted pancakes with the eggwhites and the cold cereal mix. I always feel like that's such a special breakfast that I get for being a good girl all week. I can't help it - food still feels like a reward to me.

It's not about cheating for me, it's about finding finding ways to really enjoy at least most of my food and staying OP 100% at the same time.

Good luck to all - and wish me good luck for my WI tonight. I'm actually really looking forward to it this time :carrot:

PS: I just can't help looking forward to having that piece of cheesecake when I'm in maintenance... sadly/luckily, that thought motivates me to get there quicker by staying 100% OP during phases 1-3. Whatever keeps me 100%, right?

Jonis
01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Been on IP for 3 weeks. TOM is 6 days late. There is no chance I'm pregnant. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow but thought I could get some "that happened to me" kind of replies...
Blessings to you all. Have a great OP day...

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Been on IP for 3 weeks. TOM is 6 days late. There is no chance I'm pregnant. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow but thought I could get some "that happened to me" kind of replies...

This diet can mess with your tom in many variations.. none at all, more than usual problems or some normal..hth

Jonis
01-26-2012, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=ptod;4189793]I don't like the ch**t word. To me that word implies that I am not following the guidelines of the program. I never want to feel that I did something wrong.QUOTE]

I'm totally with you on that. I feel like there are so many ways to legally indulge on this program, so cheating is totally unnecessary. The puddings and shakes are so yummy - especially if you keep things interesting by doctoring them up with Herbal Tea and spices, or my favorite breakfast... Vanilla Drink Mix with only 4 oz. of water in my daily cup of coffee. I swear it's better than any Starbucks!

I save my real big indulgence for Saturdays - that's when I make the unrestricted pancakes with the eggwhites and the cold cereal mix. I always feel like that's such a special breakfast that I get for being a good girl all week. I can't help it - food still feels like a reward to me.

It's not about cheating for me, it's about finding finding ways to really enjoy at least most of my food and staying OP 100% at the same time.

Good luck to all - and wish me good luck for my WI tonight. I'm actually really looking forward to it this time :carrot:

PS: I just can't help looking forward to having that piece of cheesecake when I'm in maintenance... sadly/luckily, that thought motivates me to get there quicker by staying 100% OP during phases 1-3. Whatever keeps me 100%, right?

Good luck with WI!
Your cheesecake thought made me think of this. My coach has these little papers with sayings in a basket to take one says:
"Eating everything you want is not that much fun, when you live a life with no boundaries, there's less joy. If you can eat anything you want, what's the fun in it?" Tom Hanks
Got me really thinking about overindulgence and special treats. I want to live a life with control and boundaries so that when special occasions come up they truly feel special. This saying can be applied not only to food but life in general. Going to a movie, buying a really nice pair of shoes etc...should be once in a whiles and then they feel more special.
Hope that makes sense.

Bellamack
01-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Hello IPeeps,
It's a gloomy, rainy, snowy day in Upstate NY. Got the laundry caught up and have been lazy. lol

Just wanted to share with the peeps that use alternatives, I wanted to change up a little and ordered some stuff from Diet Direct. The Wonderslim Hazelnut Cocoa cream (pudding) is very good. It is aspartame-free.

Keep on Keepin' on!

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 03:40 PM

I have not had problems with the big C either. I tend to attribute that to the amount of iceberg lettuce I eat. My menu is pretty much the same every day:

soypuffs for breakfast
cup of celery as mid morning snack
chicken soup for lunch with iceberg and cup of spinach
1/2 cup of celery and 1/2cup dill pickles afternoon snack
8 oz protein and 1 cup of veggies for supper...usually cabbage or cauliflower
cappucino in some form at night.

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=Beanie Mommy;4190126]

Good luck with WI!
Your cheesecake thought made me think of this. My coach has these little papers with sayings in a basket to take one says:
"Eating everything you want is not that much fun, when you live a life with no boundaries, there's less joy. If you can eat anything you want, what's the fun in it?" Tom Hanks
Got me really thinking about overindulgence and special treats. I want to live a life with control and boundaries so that when special occasions come up they truly feel special. This saying can be applied not only to food but life in general. Going to a movie, buying a really nice pair of shoes etc...should be once in a whiles and then they feel more special.
Hope that makes sense.

That makes great sense to me. I was just talking with a coworker, with whom I used to go for lunch all the time, and we talked about how going out to eat became the norm instead of a special treat.

DanafromAustin
01-26-2012, 04:06 PM

I don't get TOM anymore (thank goodness), but I have heard from many, including my daughter, that it totally changes everything. My daughter was over a week late for the first two months on IP. And now she says she has no more PMS, no symptoms what so ever.

lkander2
01-26-2012, 04:49 PM

Don't even bother going to the doctor- this is totally common on the diet. As you lose fat, estrogen is also released from the fat cell. Your hormone levels will fluctuate. Some post-menopausal women even see some spotting. It's fine... no worries! :)

However, make sure you are using a back-up contraceptive method if you are on the pill because these hormone changes can render the pill less effective.

lkander2
01-26-2012, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Beanie Mommy;4190126]

Good luck with WI!
Hope that makes sense.

I like that! Makes perfect sense!

Danni1
01-26-2012, 05:11 PM
I have read a few comments regarding cooking vegetables but haven't been able to pinpoint whether we can cook mushrooms or not. I love mushrooms sauted, but does this change their sugars like onions?

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 05:17 PM
I have read a few comments regarding cooking vegetables but haven't been able to pinpoint whether we can cook mushrooms or not. I love mushrooms sauted, but does this change their sugars like onions?

I would have to say it is okay tos saute them since the IP sheet doesn't list them as raw only, like the onions. I have been sauteing mine and I am averaging 3lbs a week with my losses.

lkander2
01-26-2012, 06:14 PM

It's fine to saute them- just make sure you don't fry them at a high temperature.

Tmg1989
01-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone! Cannot imagine cheating. Since my Dec 1 start I promised myself that I was in. I agree that I tired of reading others that were cheating and beating up on themselves. A vicious cycle. Hang tough all!

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 06:46 PM
I am so glad that y'all are enjoying this thread, I was just reading some late post from last night where there are people upset about it. They are saying its a Us vs You thread....That is not at all what I meant for this to be. I just wanted this to be a POSITIVE thread which it has been with a sign of relieve. Thanks to everyone for keeping it that way :)

Danni1
01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
I am sooooooo hungry today and I have no idea why! I have been drinking the water, had some tea, ate my lunch but nothing is satifying! I can't wait to get home and have my snack while waiting for supper to cook. I'm in my third week and I don't think I was ever this hungry in my first week!

frazzledmom04
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I am sooooooo hungry today and I have no idea why! I have been drinking the water, had some tea, ate my lunch but nothing is satifying! I can't wait to get home and have my snack while waiting for supper to cook. I'm in my third week and I don't think I was ever this hungry in my first week!

I've had that too every few weeks and those weeks that I feel hungry all the time are the weeks that I have the biggest losses. Hoping thats whats happening to you too. Keep chugging the water and drinking tea and keep yourself busy!

starry1672
01-26-2012, 07:33 PM
WI #3 and down another 3.4 :)

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM

WOOHOO!!!....you go girl!

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 07:58 PM

Woo Hoo! You go girl! :broc:

starry1672
01-26-2012, 07:58 PM
WOOHOO!!!....you go girl!

Thank you :D

starry1672
01-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Woo Hoo! You go girl! :broc:

Thank you!:D

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-26-2012, 07:59 PM
I am so glad that y'all are enjoying this thread, I was just reading some late post from last night where there are people upset about it. They are saying its a Us vs You thread....That is not at all what I meant for this to be. I just wanted this to be a POSITIVE thread which it has been with a sign of relieve. Thanks to everyone for keeping it that way :)

In my eyes, it is totally not an US vs YOU. I find this thread great because on the diet we already deal with so many temptations daily it is hard to read about cheating and especially all the 'cheating' foods. Nobody is perfect, I may stay 100% OP for the whole diet but I can assure you that I made a million other mistakes somewhere else in my life! Thank you for this thread and for "standing up" for what you believe in, you really are such an inspiration!!

Ishbel
01-26-2012, 08:01 PM

I had a hungry day today too....it is what it is. I will say "oh crap, it's a hungry day today!" and start the water quicker. Tomorrow will be better ;). I snarfed back water and plan on some tea later and just generally distracted myself.

I was telling my friend at coffee it's almost like exercise days....some days you can do the stair climber and the next day you just can't.

Power through it! :)

starry1672
01-26-2012, 08:02 PM
New mantra I'm adding to my signature, I LOVE it!

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE! The word itself says "I'M POSSIBLE"!
- Audrey Hepburn

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 08:06 PM
New mantra I'm adding to my signature, I LOVE it!

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE! The word itself says "I'M POSSIBLE"!
- Audrey Hepburn

love love love love that quote! :D

Beanie Mommy
01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
WI #4 today - I am minus 6 lbs. for a total loss of 26! TADAAAAA!

Feeling 100% awesome today! Another successful 100% OP WI day! Yay! Less than 100 lbs to go now.

Thinking about setting a mini-goal for below 200 - has anyone found mini-goals especially helpful? Not helpful?

sandralosingweight
01-26-2012, 09:54 PM
I know it is so early to be this happy, but it is my second day being 100% OP

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 09:55 PM

Feeling 100% awesome today! Another successful 100% OP WI day! Yay! Less than 100 lbs to go now.

Thinking about setting a mini-goal for below 200 - has anyone found mini-goals especially helpful? Not helpful?

I personally find them super helpful. It keeps me occupied and working towards a goal but not worrying quite so much about the big picture..

omgzitsmiranda
01-26-2012, 09:56 PM

Day two or 200 im super proud of you !

Ishbel
01-26-2012, 10:00 PM

That's exactly how I stayed focused. Jordanna (very experienced IPer) had a quote on her signature "It's hard to lose 120 lbs but I can lose 10lbs 12 times" Make them, use them!

WOOT WOOT Sandra! The quicker you're into ketosis the better it will be. Make your list of why you want to lose
weight girl! So you can refer to do it when you need too!

I have faith in you missy! :) :hug:

Beanie Mommy
01-26-2012, 10:14 PM
That's exactly how I stayed focused. Jordanna (very experienced IPer) had a quote on her signature "It's hard to lose 120 lbs but I can lose 10lbs 12 times" Make them, use them!

Excellent point! I'll think about a realistic yet ambitious goal for 220. Seems a better mini-goal than going all the way for Onederland. In a few days I'll get my tracker... so looking forward to that for the excellent visual reminder :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Busymomx4
01-26-2012, 10:48 PM

I don't understand why anyone would be upset. There's a cheating thread but everything was all over the daily thread so we made a new place to go.

Wuv - awsome picture, wow is all i can say

lkp888
01-26-2012, 10:52 PM

Congratulations!!! I always set mini goals, I find it very helpful! Keep up the great work!!

lkp888
01-26-2012, 10:54 PM

Great job!! Feels great doesn't it!! Keep it up girl!! :carrot:

mtnsun4
01-26-2012, 10:55 PM

Wuv- LOVE the new pics! You look great! :hug:

mtnsun4
01-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Today is week 2 of IP-

loss of another 7 lbs. this week for a total of 15lbs down for two weeks! :carrot: Sooo happy!!

mompattie
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
I too had a hungry day - drank lots of water, had my lunchtime "bar" at 11 am and my salad at noon....had a hot chocolate ProtiDiet packet at 2:30 mixed with coffee....and a blechy supper of sauerkraut, pork loin, mashed cauliflower....just an unsatisfying supper, won't be making it again. The sauerkraut just didn't seem right without mashed potatoes, so I'll be sticking to other things! Live and learn, but OP today! Here's to an early bedtime and a better day tomorrow! It has to be better - its Friday!!!!!

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
In my eyes, it is totally not an US vs YOU. I find this thread great because on the diet we already deal with so many temptations daily it is hard to read about cheating and especially all the 'cheating' foods. Nobody is perfect, I may stay 100% OP for the whole diet but I can assure you that I made a million other mistakes somewhere else in my life! Thank you for this thread and for "standing up" for what you believe in, you really are such an inspiration!!
Thanks!....I THINK I kinda know what I am doing having post over 3,500 post, That I am a supporter/cheerleader and love helping others. This thread is just supporting those who support others but sometimes needs their own HOME. Whatever the case....Its staying open :)

I don't understand why anyone would be upset. There's a cheating thread but everything was all over the daily thread so we made a new place to go.

Wuv - awsome picture, wow is all i can say
Thanks, I still have that black shirt somewhere in the closet. I am going to find it, take a pic in the same pose and put them side by side.....You can tell a difference but to see the same shirt on will be cool!!!

Beanie Mommy
01-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks, I still have that black shirt somewhere in the closet. I am going to find it, take a pic in the same pose and put them side by side.....You can tell a difference but to see the same shirt on will be cool!!!

Can't wait to see that! That's going to be really exciting (definitely for all of us, but probably even more so for you.)

Btw - you look absolutely fantastic! You look like your own younger, skinnier sister - no way anyone could mistake you for the person in your "before pic". It's amazing to see your picture, then look at your stats, then look at your picture, do a double-take with the stats, and ... wow!

Jonis
01-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Hey Everyone. Congrats on all your losses! :broc: So motivating to hear all the stories. Why is it that we need to use the sea salt with the red bits in it? Higher in other minerals than regular sea salt?

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 11:30 PM
My son actually had the before pic on his FB page and asked if I had seen it, I said now and when I saw it I was like OMG!!...that is SO a before pic!!!.....now people that know me and haven't seen me for a while do take that double take and I just laugh!!...its a great feeling to be able to go to the store and look at a shirt and say....I CAN FIT THAT!....I found 2 shirts last night at Stein Mart on the clearance rack that were 40%off additional to the already marked down price. I paid $5.45 for the shirt i have on in my pic!!...WOOHOO!!!!!!

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Hey Everyone. Congrats on all your losses! :broc: So motivating to hear all the stories. Why is it that we need to use the sea salt with the red bits in it? Higher in other minerals than regular sea salt?

The regular sea salt has been bleached, you want the ALL NATURAL sea salt, NOT the bleached or all white one.

Jonis
01-26-2012, 11:35 PM
I live away from city so only weigh in every two-three weeks depending on if I'm down south. Do you guys recommend me weighing myself every week and doing measurements or should I wait? I feel like I need the weekly results for motivation yet the scale may differ from my coach's. I was thinking I should bring my scale to my next WI to compare the difference.

Jonis
01-26-2012, 11:37 PM
The regular sea salt has been bleached, you want the ALL NATURAL sea salt, NOT the bleached or all white one.

Thanks Wuv for your fast and furious replies!:) I love the new pic. Can't wait to see you in the old t-shirt. Way to go!

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 11:40 PM
I live away from city so only weigh in every two-three weeks depending on if I'm down south. Do you guys recommend me weighing myself every week and doing measurements or should I wait? I feel like I need the weekly results for motivation yet the scale may differ from my coach's. I was thinking I should bring my scale to my next WI to compare the difference.

I would weigh and measure myself every week but ONLY on the same day as your normal WI time. You know what you weighed on your last WI so get on YOUR scale and see the difference. I Weigh in on my Wii and I know that there is exactly a 5lb difference, so the morning of my WI (wed) before I leave I step on my Wii and add 5lbs then I will know what I will WI when I get to the clinic. I measure my waist only because I like seeing it get smaller....lol....all the other measurements I wait until the WI.

mamacitaof2
01-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I had a dream about going off program. It was terrible. I just grabbed a handful of gummie bears and chowed down. Then my husband walked over and I tried to hide it. I was so embarrased that I cheated! So glad it was just a dream!

I officially met my first mini goal this morning! So exicited! I've lost a total of 24 inches. It's very likely more because I didn't start keeping track of all areas until week 3. I can't wait to reach my next goal!

omgzitsmiranda
01-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Day 18 and going strong! :D

Busymomx4
01-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Ok i had no idea we have to use a specific type of sea salt, what is it exactly? I've only been using regular sea salt...

Can't wait to see you with the shirt...i kept one pair of pants i was wearing when i first started to keep as a souvenir never to go back there!

TGIF everyone!

MustangMolly
01-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Love the new picture Wuv. I, too, am enjoying this thread very much; thanks for starting it. Last night was the first time I have had one of the vivid food dreams I've heard so much about. I actually woke up feeling like I had just eaten an entire Thanksgiving meal for four all by myself. I'm sure my husband wanted to know why I was laughing when I woke up. :lol: The funny thing is I haven't had any cravings in the last few days so the timing of the dream was weird to me.
I am really hooked on the cappucino drink, I am so thankful it is not restricted. I have it hot, I have it cold blended with ice for a smoothie, I make mini muffins out of it..next I think I'll try making pancakes or crepes with it.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and remember you don't have to plan on being 100% for the duration of your time on IP, you just have to plan on being 100% today. Let each day start anew and enjoy your success from yesterday. Happy IP'ing everyone! :hug:

frazzledmom04
01-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Morning Everyone. I had a hard time sleeping because I was too excited for my WI today. Never in my life would I ever expect to hear that lol. I'm not expecting to reach onederland today but I know I'll be 1 week closer then I was last week. It's felt like a really good week so fingers crossed the scale is nice to me. Catch up with everyone later. Have a great morning!

Lorilou
01-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Good morning! I've been reading through some of the posts from yesterday and so far today and am so glad to see so much positivity! Reading about all of the great WIs have me excited for mine today. I posted this in the daily thread - I had a NSV yesterday. I tried on some shirts that used to be too small and now they can button and are a little loose in some places. So happy for that! I hope everyone have a wonderful day and good luck to all WIs. :hug:

Busymomx4
01-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Good morning! I've been reading through some of the posts from yesterday and so far today and am so glad to see so much positivity! Reading about all of the great WIs have me excited for mine today. I posted this in the daily thread - I had a NSV yesterday. I tried on some shirts that used to be too small and now they can button and are a little loose in some places. So happy for that! I hope everyone have a wonderful day and good luck to all WIs. :hug:

Congrats on your NSV...i love shopping in my old clothes, lol.

I'm too sooo happy to have this new place :)

wuv2bloved
01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Ok i had no idea we have to use a specific type of sea salt, what is it exactly? I've only been using regular sea salt...

Can't wait to see you with the shirt...i kept one pair of pants i was wearing when i first started to keep as a souvenir never to go back there!

TGIF everyone!

Its called the real sea salt.....i remember Jordanna used to use a pink himalyan(sp) sea salt. I use the real sea salt.it came with my starter kit

licaba
01-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Well WI#3 is in the books. Down 3.6 this week!! I have to tell u how much I hated the salads in the beginning but now I look forward to them. I like having something crunchy with my salad so I have my restricted package at lunch (the white cheddar or the bbq thingys). Picked up some salt and vinagar ones today as well. It seems to be working so I'm gonna keep doing it!! I woke up with a head cold this morning and I usually take DayQuil but I didn't even have to look at the ingredients to know that was a bad idea. Took some Advil cold and sinus instead and feeling better. As I mentioned earlier this week I am going to the gym today so I know I need to have an extra pack. Wuv (or anyone else), should it be a non restricted or is it ok to have two restricteds on days I work out? My trainer estimates I burn about 450 calories in the hour.

MustangMolly
01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi BusyMom, you are so right about shopping in our old clothes, I just love it! There is a scene in the movie "The First Wives Club" where Bette Middler's son asks her if her outfit is new and she replies "It's better than new, it's old!" I have used that line several times since starting IP.

Momto2cs
01-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Well WI#3 is in the books. Down 3.6 this week!! I have to tell u how much I hated the salads in the beginning but now I look forward to them. I like having something crunchy with my salad so I have my restricted package at lunch (the white cheddar or the bbq thingys). Picked up some salt and vinagar ones today as well. It seems to be working so I'm gonna keep doing it!! I woke up with a head cold this morning and I usually take DayQuil but I didn't even have to look at the ingredients to know that was a bad idea. Took some Advil cold and sinus instead and feeling better. As I mentioned earlier this week I am going to the gym today so I know I need to have an extra pack. Wuv (or anyone else), should it be a non restricted or is it ok to have two restricteds on days I work out? My trainer estimates I burn about 450 calories in the hour.

I would not have 2 restricteds. Add an extra lower carb packet (a drink or a pudding).

wuv2bloved
01-27-2012, 11:23 AM

i agree i would not have 2 restricted however i would choose one on the higher carb/protein packet like the chocolate drink. Drink half before and the other half after the workout. Check out the exercise thread they may be able to tell you more about which to have.

Chuckles1330
01-27-2012, 11:43 AM
[Also posted on Daily thread] Good morning everyone! WI#2 tomorrow - don't know if I'm excited or scared. As tough as the first few days of week 1 were, this week has had challenges too - I'm still getting hungry between meals - funny though, the "temptation" challenges haven't phased me too much. Today is the monthly "Birthday" day at work, so fruit, donuts, cheddar popcorn, big cookie, etc in the kitchen, and I barely glanced at it when I made my tea this morning. This weekend I'm going to focus on organization and menu planning, so next week will be easier. Plus I'm going to follow the advice of breaking up the veggies a bit so I can have a "snack" mid-day.

Know this probably isn't news to anyone here, but I sauteed (olive oil spray) fresh sliced mushrooms, added a little curry powder and lemon grass (for a little crunch) - found bottled lemon grass at Harry's (Whole Foods) - and added it to the mushroom soup for lunch yesterday - I really liked it and the curry powder added a little "bite" to the flavor.

Happy Friday Everyone! :hug: :hug: to those who need it; :cheer: :cheer: to those who deserve them!

frazzledmom04
01-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Yay!!! Another 3.6lbs kicked to the curb and 2 more inches to boot. I'm knocking on Onederland's door and I can't wait till I open the door and say "hello, nice to see you again."

Busymomx4
01-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Yay!!! Another 3.6lbs kicked to the curb and 2 more inches to boot. I'm knocking on Onederland's door and I can't wait till I open the door and say "hello, nice to see you again."

Whoo hoo! we're at the same place..i was hoping to make it to onederland tomorrow but its not going to happen as i was still 200.4 this morning on my scale and my coach's one weighs more then mine...but who knows, maybe a miracle will happen by tomorrow morning (WI day).

And i did boot-camp last week and had a great WI, almost did it again this week (had 2 restricted on the week-end) and the scale hasn't moved more then normal so i'm going to do a restricted per day like i've been doing cause if i'm going to lose the same, may as well enjoy my restricted, lol.

Congrats too all the great WI!

Bellamack
01-27-2012, 12:52 PM

Awesome, you and busymom are so close, keep up the good work!

Ishbel
01-27-2012, 12:59 PM

You made me start singing GNR there...only instead of heaven's door it was onderlands door! WOOT WOOT!

Whoo hoo! we're at the same place..i was hoping to make it to onederland tomorrow but its not going to happen as i was still 200.4 this morning on my scale and my coach's one weighs more then mine...but who knows, maybe a miracle will happen by tomorrow morning (WI day).

And i did boot-camp last week and had a great WI, almost did it again this week (had 2 restricted on the week-end) and the scale hasn't moved more then normal so i'm going to do a restricted per day like i've been doing cause if i'm going to lose the same, may as well enjoy my restricted, lol.

SOOOOOOoooooooo close....your body may surprise you!! :goodvibes:

wuv2bloved
01-27-2012, 02:07 PM
WOW!!!...y'all are SOOOO close to Onderland!!...I am excited for y'all!!...keep up the great job!

frazzledmom04
01-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Fingers crossed for you. I've been watching your ticker and you are soooooo close. I'm really hoping you get that ONEderful surprise on your WI tomorrow!:crossed:

nikkib
01-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Great job everyone on all the losses and NSV!! I also went "shopping" in my closet last night. It was a wonderful feeling but I did run into a few issues. Shirts would almost be too big on top and bottom BUT in the middle it was tight I had a big tractor tire sticking out and it did not look right at all. My pants are actually loose too so it wasn't like a muffin top from too tight pants. I am kinda frustrated about that. I had to get rid of a lot of shirts that would be too big by the time they fit in the middle (Sigh) On the plus side I did find a few shirts that looked nice so that kinda made my day :)

I have found this time around everything has been so much easier. I know what veggies I like and have tried real hard to work with those to make different meals each day. I had fun with the bean sprouts last night. I have never had them before so I stir fried them up with alfalfa sprouts and 1/2 c green beans and made a tasty chicken stir fry. I was amazed at how the bean sprouts turn almost a clear noodle color. I think I am going to use 1 1/2 c of them, 1/2 c tomato made into a spaghetti sauce and beef for a mock spaghetti this weekend mmmmmmm.

We are going out to the families favorite pizza place tonight for supper with the inlaws before they leave the country for a business trip and I had them time it so I would have enough time to eat my meat before we go. I am going to take 2 c cucumbers to munch on with my water while everyone else eats. I think it is all about planning. If you make a good plan you are much more apt to stick to it.

Have a nice weekend everyone and remember WE ARE worth it :)

nikkib
01-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I posted this in experienced also so sorry if you read this twice.

For those of you that DO exercise I would like to do some toning and core exercise. I would like to do it right away after I wake up. I would eat breakfast first tho and then do it. Here is the question. After I am done I would only need half a pack then right? I know they say to add a extra pack if you do exercise but since I am doing it right after breakfast would I still need to have the rest of the pack at some point in the day?

Thanks ladies and gents :)

Linden
01-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Ok i had no idea we have to use a specific type of sea salt, what is it exactly?

Any sea salt is OK, just so long as it is sea salt. French sel de mer is considered the best (and it's the most expensive). Then Himalayan and Hawai'ian grey or pink. I use the latter because I brought it from home where it's dirt cheap. And it is SO much better than the Real salt, there just isn't any comparison. So play around? :)

Momto2cs
01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
I posted this in experienced also so sorry if you read this twice.

For those of you that DO exercise I would like to do some toning and core exercise. I would like to do it right away after I wake up. I would eat breakfast first tho and then do it. Here is the question. After I am done I would only need half a pack then right? I know they say to add a extra pack if you do exercise but since I am doing it right after breakfast would I still need to have the rest of the pack at some point in the day?

Thanks ladies and gents :)

Unless you are doing a prolonged (60 minutes) or high intensity work out I would not change anything. Some toning exercises, like Pilates, should be fine if you are a few weeks into phase 1.

Try it for a few days and see how you feel. But remember, exercising is know to increase hunger...sometimes focusing on one goal, weight loss, is better than trying to do it all at once.

Good luck!

nikkib
01-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Unless you are doing a prolonged (60 minutes) or high intensity work out I would not change anything. Some toning exercises, like Pilates, should be fine if you are a few weeks into phase 1.

Try it for a few days and see how you feel. But remember, exercising is know to increase hunger...sometimes focusing on one goal, weight loss, is better than trying to do it all at once.

Good luck!

I struggle with that a lot. I want to just let the program do its thing and then worry about the toning later BUT I see so many people that do exercise and have good luck. I guess I want to do it more for the strength. I have noticed that my posture and my gait are different and I have a hard time keeping it where it should be because my core muscles are not what they should be. My back actually hurts now that I am loosing.You would think as you loose weight these things would get better. I guess muscles have memory and mine don't want to conform to the way my body aligns now. I am going in to my chiro every week now to get "re situated" It is sooo strange.

Lorilou
01-27-2012, 06:06 PM
I posted this on the Daily Thread:
I had my WI and I am down another 3.4lbs from Monday which makes it 12.8lbs for the week. A lot of that is from water I was holding from earlier weeks due to my edema problems. I am so happy I started this program as I have never had a diet that showed results like this. It makes it easy to stay OP and motivated. I had another NSV today. My seat belt finally fits without a struggle! So happy for that!

DanafromAustin
01-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I struggle with that a lot. I want to just let the program do its thing and then worry about the toning later BUT I see so many people that do exercise and have good luck. I guess I want to do it more for the strength. I have noticed that my posture and my gait are different and I have a hard time keeping it where it should be because my core muscles are not what they should be. My back actually hurts now that I am loosing.You would think as you lose weight these things would get better. I guess muscles have memory and mine don't want to conform to the way my body aligns now. I am going in to my chiro every week now to get "re situated" It is sooo strange.

I also started having more back issues too after I started loosing weight. Strange how that works, but thankfully it is getting better now. I also do some strength training only, as cardio wasn't working for me. I just eat 1/2 a hard boiled egg before the workout and the other 1/2 after I'm done (coach's suggestion).

DanafromAustin
01-27-2012, 06:14 PM
I had my WI and I am down another 3.4lbs from Monday which makes it 12.8lbs for the week. A lot of that is from water I was holding from earlier weeks due to my edema problems. I am so happy I started this program as I have never had a diet that showed results like this. It makes it easy to stay OP and motivated. I had another NSV today. My seat belt finally fits without a struggle! So happy for that!

Sounds like you got the salt issue under control. Great job!:)

omgzitsmiranda
01-27-2012, 08:09 PM
I also started having more back issues too after I started loosing weight. Strange how that works, but thankfully it is getting better now. I also do some strength training only, as cardio wasn't working for me. I just eat 1/2 a hard boiled egg before the workout and the other 1/2 after I'm done (coach's suggestion).

It's funny that you mention this because my back started flaring up really bad & I thought it was just me & the cold weather going back and forth. I guess it's not! I have a history of severe arthritis in my back [since age 12 wow] so I figured that had part to do with it. But... hmm. Glad to know other people HAVE had it & that it does get better!

Beanie Mommy
01-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Another day later and I'm still 100%.

I even managed to eat out for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's staying OP. I was surprised how easy it was! I ended up ordering a grilled chicken breast with grilled asparagus and I hit the salad bar for lettuce and some extra veggies. The waitress had a sense of humor about my order "absolutely no sauce, butter or anything", and I gave her a good tip. I managed without salad dressing, and it's actually not too bad. I feel like I had a little NSV here - I've been terrified about eating out. I read a few posts on the forum about that, and it really helped. Thanks to all who have addressed that issue!

What's even more exciting - my sister just got engaged yesterday. Her future hubby is a really great guy, and I am soooo excited for them. They are looking to get married in late June, which will hopefully get me to below 180, about a size 10/12. So I guess that's a new mini-goal and a new motivation for me. My sister is one of my biggest supporters on this diet, and she even told me that I better stick with it, so I can look fabulous for her in her wedding pics. She is of course the cutest little size 6... I will do my best to comply with her wishes :)

Have a great 100% OP weekend, everyone!

Danni1
01-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Happy Friday Everyone! I hope everyone is having a great OP day!

I am looking for some advice. I have to register for a conference that takes place the first week of April. I have no idea if I will still be in phase 1 at that time or if I will have moved onto another phase by then. My issue is with regards to dietary restrictions. I need to let them know what I can/cannot eat and I'm just not sure how to word it. I figure I assume I will still be doing Phase 1 for safetly sake. Listing everything we can't have seems overwhelming. Does anyone have a good paraphrase I could use?

Beanie Mommy
01-27-2012, 11:26 PM

I am looking for some advice. I have to register for a conference that takes place the first week of April. I have no idea if I will still be in phase 1 at that time or if I will have moved onto another phase by then. My issue is with regards to dietary restrictions. I need to let them know what I can/cannot eat and I'm just not sure how to word it. I figure I assume I will still be doing Phase 1 for safetly sake. Listing everything we can't have seems overwhelming. Does anyone have a good paraphrase I could use?

You should put on your list that you can't have dairy, sugar, or starches. That should get you most of the way. May need to eat around carrots, if you don't want to put those on the list. Good Luck! You can do it! :cheer2:

legacy7
01-28-2012, 01:32 AM
Hi Ladies-I'm so excited to have so many people with me on plan all the time! I have excuses(7 kids and a bathroom remodel) but now that we have a positive place to be I'll be here more! I don't know how to close the first thread I started...

I have a cousin's wedding tomorrow-this is my first real big thing since I started almost a month ago-it's at 1:30-I'm ok with not eating anything but would it make any sense to move lunch to after the wedding-but I can almost guarantee they won't have any veggies there I can eat :( So-shall my hubby and I just sit there and look pretty(handsome)? or is there a way around this WITHOUT cheating!!!

Thanks for keeping this going without me! Ashley

omgzitsmiranda
01-28-2012, 01:51 AM
19 days OP! It's flying by!

Jonis
01-28-2012, 01:59 AM
Hi Ladies-I'm so excited to have so many people with me on plan all the time! I have excuses(7 kids and a bathroom remodel) but now that we have a positive place to be I'll be here more! I don't know how to close the first thread I started...

I have a cousin's wedding tomorrow-this is my first real big thing since I started almost a month ago-it's at 1:30-I'm ok with not eating anything but would it make any sense to move lunch to after the wedding-but I can almost guarantee they won't have any veggies there I can eat :( So-shall my hubby and I just sit there and look pretty(handsome)? or is there a way around this WITHOUT cheating!!!

There is always a way not to cheat. Have a plan and implement it. I would eat my meat and veggies meal at 12:30ish because that is the meal that fills me up the most. If there is a reception, bring an IP snack. Dance a lot, drink tea and water. And yes, sit there, dance there, mingle there and look fabulous doing it all!
You can do it. :)

lindac36
01-28-2012, 03:58 AM
I can put my belt on the second hole!!! Before I started this lifestyle, the ends didn't even touch. What a change for the better.

lindac36
01-28-2012, 04:10 AM
I had a dream about going off program. It was terrible. I just grabbed a handful of gummie bears and chowed down. Then my husband walked over and I tried to hide it. I was so embarrased that I cheated! So glad it was just a dream!

I officially met my first mini goal this morning! So exicited! I've lost a total of 24 inches. It's very likely more because I didn't start keeping track of all areas until week 3. I can't wait to reach my next goal!

Congratulations! 10% is a great goal to have achieved!

nikkib
01-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Had a great night out with inlaws and family. We went to favorite pizza place and since I had a AWSOME chicken broccoli bake before we left I was perfectly fine. I don't really have cravings this time around but I am so satisfied if I can smell what everyone else is eating. I think the sense of smell is so powerful. It is almost like I if I can get a big whiff of something it is almost better than eating it. Ya I know I sound like a strange ranger hahaha. Anyway it was nice to just go out and enjoy the family without thinking about food and feeling deprived. I also got my car back from the shop (after driving my husband big beast of a truck in the snow for 2 weeks) and when I got into my car and put the seat to my pre set setting there was a bigger gap between the wheel than before. Gotta love it!!

Lorilou
01-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling blessed today that I am on this program and fate led me here. Not to be too depressing but I was feeling desperate about my weight and that there was no way out as a 200 + lb loss seemed impossible. Even wished I would just die sometimes so it would all be over. I would never take my own life but wanted God to take it for me. Well, I was in a car accident in December which led me to my Chiropractors offices and found the program. Instead of God taking my life, he gave it back! I haven't expressed this to any of my family or friend because I don't want them to think I'm crazy or anything but feel I can express this here, in a safe place, because maybe some of you understand.

I am looking forward to a 100% OP weekend! Good luck to all the WIs today, and those of you attending events, plan ahead, keep a meal in your car, a bar or packet in your purse. Don't cheat, you are worth being faithful to yourself!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Louisiana chick
01-28-2012, 10:35 AM
I am looking forward to a 100% OP weekend! Good luck to all the WIs today, and those of you attending events, plan ahead, keep a meal in your car, a bar or packet in your purse. Don't cheat, you are worth being faithful to yourself!

I have been on the program for 9 months and presently on phase 3. your last statement about keeping a bar in your purse hit home yesterday. After teaching all day, I had to run errands and forgot to pack a bar as my snack, I was so hungry. I will not leave home without a snack in my purse from now on. Good luck on your journey. We are all here for you.

MaMaZu
01-28-2012, 10:43 AM
My third weigh-in yesterday and surprised and discouraged. I have been 100% OP, and after a 15 lb. loss in 2 weeks, my daughters scale showed a gain of 3.3. Granted, I am currently out of town using a different scale but never expected to see what I saw last night.
I will be getting home next Friday(my weigh-in day), so I will get a truer reading then, but still, that gain was very hard to see.
I have been looking at others 2nd and 3rd week and see small numbers, so Iwill take this in stride, chin up!
Thanks for everyone's support!

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 11:06 AM
What's even more exciting - my sister just got engaged yesterday. Her future hubby is a really great guy, and I am soooo excited for them. They are looking to get married in late June, which will hopefully get me to below 180, about a size 10/12. So I guess that's a new mini-goal and a new motivation for me. My sister is one of my biggest supporters on this diet, and she even told me that I better stick with it, so I can look fabulous for her in her wedding pics. She is of course the cutest little size 6... I will do my best to comply with her wishes :)

Congrats about the eating out victory!! I would think Ruby Tuesdays would be a great place to go because of their awesome salad bar. I will keep that in mind, thanks!

My sister is getting married this August and I can't wait to look HOTT as her maid of honor. She's a tiny size 4 or so, and I would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm even excited about going to start looking for dresses because even though I'm not at goal yet I'm getting to where I can hopefully fit in some of the samples and get an idea of what I will look like at goal.

I would probably say something like I'm on a restricted diet, meat and vegetables only please. Are you planning on being on phase 2 where you have meat for lunch and dinner, or are you going to stick with a lunch packet? That would leave you only vegetables to get out of lunch. Worst case if you have a mini fridge you could get some preboiled eggs and vegetables to keep up there in case you can't eat what they serve.

Of course there's a way to do it without cheating! If the wedding isn't until 1:30 it's probably not going to be extremely food heavy. I would stick a bar in my purse with a bag of veggies and eat them before you go. If you wait until after it will be really late and you will probably be ravenous. You'll do fine!!

My third weigh-in yesterday and surprised and discouraged. I have been 100% OP, and after a 15 lb. loss in 2 weeks, my daughters scale showed a gain of 3.3. Granted, I am currently out of town using a different scale but never expected to see what I saw last night.
I will be getting home next Friday(my weigh-in day), so I will get a truer reading then, but still, that gain was very hard to see.
I have been looking at others 2nd and 3rd week and see small numbers, so Iwill take this in stride, chin up!

I LOVE to weigh myself, I probably do it a dozen times a day, but there is one thing I will not do. I will not step on strange scales!! Lol. You never know how differently they might be calibrated. When I was going to see a coach the scale there was 2lbs lighter than mine. They're all slightly different. Plus traveling can really pack on the water weight. Wait until you get home and use a scale you're familiar with. And even if it's not the number you expect (weeks 3-4 are generally lesser) the water weight will work itself out soon and you'll discover what's 'normal' for you. :hug::hug:

Busymomx4
01-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Onederland here I come!!!! 199.2!! I didn't get chocked up or felt much of anything like I thought I would, weird huh!

I have decided on the picture for my tattoo and know where i'll get it...i might go this week-end and see for prices, etc.

Have a great week-end everyone!

Ishbel
01-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Onederland here I come!!!! 199.2!! I didn't get chocked up or felt much of anything like I thought I would, weird huh!

I have decided on the picture for my tattoo and know where i'll get it...i might go this week-end and see for prices, etc.

:trampo: :trampo: WOOT WOOT for the NUMBER 1...:carrot:

You're SO close to 100 lbs TOO!!!

So excited for you! :)!!!

geminezmarie
01-28-2012, 11:27 AM

Another thank you For creatinG! I'm typing with thumbs and reading on my Blackberry but wanted to say I need the hourly encouragement that what I'm doing does indeed work! Plus as its my day 4, I was brand new reading the daily and ppl's cheating comments were not only discouraging but confusing me re the protocol (e.g., the recipe with whole milk). So knowing the 100%ers is helpful for me on my 82nd hour 100% OP! I can do this!

Bellamack
01-28-2012, 11:35 AM

Well Busymom, let me get all choked up & excited for you. from the outside looking in, this is a HUGE accomplishment! You are really going to start seeing the changes now. CONGRATULATIONS & be sure to treat yourself to something BIG! Keep up the good work, you are one of my idols on here, staying the course. Big :)

geminezmarie
01-28-2012, 11:37 AM

congratulations!! I'm choked up by just the idea of Onederland lol!! :bravo:

MaMaZu
01-28-2012, 12:03 PM
I LOVE to weigh myself, I probably do it a dozen times a day, but there is one thing I will not do. I will not step on strange scales!! Lol. You never know how differently they might be calibrated. When I was going to see a coach the scale there was 2lbs lighter than mine. They're all slightly different. Plus traveling can really pack on the water weight. Wait until you get home and use a scale you're familiar with. And even if it's not the number you expect (weeks 3-4 are generally lesser) the water weight will work itself out soon and you'll discover what's 'normal' for you. :hug::hug:[/QUOTE]

Thanks navymommy. I know I am on the right track, bound to be some bumps along the way...

DanafromAustin
01-28-2012, 12:34 PM

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you and you will soon have another victory of loosing 100 pounds. :hug:

I got on my scale this morning and it says I'm 204.6. Of course I go by my clinics scale for my official weight, but still it's getting so close I can almost touch it.

Last night FINALLY someone said something to me about how much weight I've lost. We went out to dinner with friends who I haven't seen since November. She couldn't get over how different I look and what an inspiration I am. I am not good with compliments at all, but it sure did feel good to have someone finally notice.

Ishbel
01-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Last night FINALLY someone said something to me about how much weight I've lost. We went out to dinner with friends who I haven't seen since November. She couldn't get over how different I look and what an inspiration I am. I am not good with compliments at all, but it sure did feel good to have someone finally notice.

Funny Dana, it was 56 lbs before someone that didn't know what I was doing gushed over me...and I thought 'FINALLY'! Just looked at your ticker and you're at 56 too...must be something about that number eh? <---did that on purpose

Get used to the compliments...they are going to start coming. And advice from one of my friends that has lost a lot of weight. ENJOY them, because eventually you're slimmer self will be the 'normal' and people won't hand them out them as much. We have such a turn over at work that I already know people at who don't know what I used to be....:)

Although I undertand the strangeness of it (I feel odd too) I always try to remember to Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy! Besides, you've worked hard for the compliment. :)

west dakota
01-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Wow busymomx4 you are such an inspiration, congratulations. I just started and its my 6th day my first WI is monday. I'm feeling great and glad i got those tough first 4 days out of the way, i never wanted sugar so much in my life.

mompattie
01-28-2012, 01:02 PM

AWESOME!!!! So exciting!

Lorilou
01-28-2012, 01:04 PM

Congratulations on reaching onederland! You should be proud of yourself. I am inspired by you success :hug:

frazzledmom04
01-28-2012, 01:07 PM

:cheer::cheer::cheer: You did it!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

legacy7
01-28-2012, 01:44 PM
At home I usually wear t-shirts-so it was fun to get dressed up for the wedding this afternoon! Feeling good and looking great will keep me from cheating this afternoon! Loving this!

NavyMommy
01-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Congrats BusyMom!!! That's an amazing accomplishment!

wuv2bloved
01-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling blessed today that I am on this program and fate led me here. Not to be too depressing but I was feeling desperate about my weight and that there was no way out as a 200 + lb loss seemed impossible. Even wished I would just die sometimes so it would all be over. I would never take my own life but wanted God to take it for me. Well, I was in a car accident in December which led me to my Chiropractors offices and found the program. Instead of God taking my life, he gave it back! I haven't expressed this to any of my family or friend because I don't want them to think I'm crazy or anything but feel I can express this here, in a safe place, because maybe some of you understand.

YOU can DO THIS!!!.....you sounds like you are in the right place to be successful. NEVER GIVE UP! always keep pushing forward, REMEMBER all of us are going through the same thing. I started off 20+lbs heavier than you and look where I am 9 months later...IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

I agree with NavyMommy, don't "talk" to that strange scale....lol....remember what we used to teach our kids...NEVER talk to strangers???....lol.....I used to NEVER weigh myself everyday BUT since I have been doing yoga and boxing on the Wii I have started weighing daily and I don't mind it. I know its a 5lbs difference than my clinic scale, PLUS my Wii does my BMI, not that it is accurate but at least I have an idea about it. I am steadily losing BMI so I am doing something right. Obviously my little Mii is still obese but she isn't as obese as she used to be...lol...I enjoy my Wii very much!

Another thank you For creatinG! I'm typing with thumbs and reading on my Blackberry but wanted to say I need the hourly encouragement that what I'm doing does indeed work! Plus as its my day 4, I was brand new reading the daily and ppl's cheating comments were not only discouraging but confusing me re the protocol (e.g., the recipe with whole milk). So knowing the 100%ers is helpful for me on my 82nd hour 100% OP! I can do this!
I am glad you found this thread and that is why I created it. I wanted people to feel comfortable and not be afraid to post where there is positive things going on. I am not a negative person at all so me to make a 'HOME" for some of us was needed :) hope your thumbs don't mind you using them so much!!.....lol

WOOHOO!!!!!!....I'll be there in 68more lbs!!!....I can't wait til that happens!!!!

Hello everyone, lost of good post going on this morning or should I say today. I wanted to share with y'all that I went out last night. Its the first time I have gone "out" to a bar/sports bar and grill with a gf of mine. I was VERY comfortable last night AND ....I WAS NOT THE BIGGEST GIRL THERE!!!!......THAT made my smile even bigger than it already is. I was the DD cuz I knew I wasn't going to drink. Her uncle was in town and he is a BIG man, she told him about my success, she needs to be on it but ALWAYS has excuses. I am smaller than she is and she HATES that but makes me feel good because she always thought she was better than me. She has NO self esteem at all, I try to boost her up but she doesn't like herself at all so that makes it difficult. When we got to the bar there was a band playing so we found a spot to sit, her uncle ordered fried chicken tender basket with fries for "us" to eat. Well y'all know me I ain't eating it right? I had eaten before we went and put gum in my mouth. The food gets to the table and he puts some honey mustard on a chicken tender and puts in toward my mouth, says c'mon just one bite, I looked at him and I said no I am fine, I don't want any....he puts it closer and says open up just ONE bit....I looked at him and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY, thank you.....he put it in his mouth....Inside of me I have the biggest smile because I know I can handle ANYTHING....So today when I stepped on my Wii it showed I loss 3.4lbs.....gotta love it!

Louisiana chick
01-28-2012, 04:08 PM

Congratulations! You have lost so much. What an accomplishment!!

Busymomx4
01-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Well Busymom, let me get all choked up & excited for you. from the outside looking in, this is a HUGE accomplishment! You are really going to start seeing the changes now. CONGRATULATIONS & be sure to treat yourself to something BIG! Keep up the good work, you are one of my idols on here, staying the course. Big :)

congratulations!! I'm choked up by just the idea of Onederland lol!! :bravo:

Congratulations on reaching onederland! You should be proud of yourself. I am inspired by you success :hug:

awww you guys are so sweet and thank you everyone for the congrats.

Wuv - Awesome evening and isn't it a great feeling not to be the biggest one!

So, lol..my almost 15yo HAD to shave for the first time today..he soo didn't want to...dh showed him and i think he ended up shaving him for most of it. I think i'll get him an electric razor...might make everyone's life easier, lol. He was really nervous about it (he has asperger and anxiety) but he did fairly well...wouldn't let me take pictures of the "event" though.

Fighting with dd (10) to convince her to go to her trampoline and tumbling class...she had her first one last week and she's good (we have a trampoline in our backyard and has done 2 years of gymnastic) but the other kids in her group have more experience with the trampoline and she doesn't like to not be as good (or better) than everyone else so she's trying to get out of going at all...sigh...soo looking forward to her being a teenager.

Snowed a bit yesterday, then rained, then snowed then everything froze..is very mild outside now so everything's melting...what a weird winter...

Thanks everyone again and what an awesome group we are :)

Edited: just wanted to show the tattoo i've chosen and i'll see if i can get 100 lbs written in the wings.

Lorilou
01-28-2012, 04:29 PM
YOU can DO THIS!!!.....you sounds like you are in the right place to be successful. NEVER GIVE UP! always keep pushing forward, REMEMBER all of us are going through the same thing. I started off 20+lbs heavier than you and look where I am 9 months later...IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

Hello everyone, lost of good post going on this morning or should I say today. I wanted to share with y'all that I went out last night. Its the first time I have gone "out" to a bar/sports bar and grill with a gf of mine. I was VERY comfortable last night AND ....I WAS NOT THE BIGGEST GIRL THERE!!!!......THAT made my smile even bigger than it already is. I was the DD cuz I knew I wasn't going to drink. Her uncle was in town and he is a BIG man, she told him about my success, she needs to be on it but ALWAYS has excuses. I am smaller than she is and she HATES that but makes me feel good because she always thought she was better than me. She has NO self esteem at all, I try to boost her up but she doesn't like herself at all so that makes it difficult. When we got to the bar there was a band playing so we found a spot to sit, her uncle ordered fried chicken tender basket with fries for "us" to eat. Well y'all know me I ain't eating it right? I had eaten before we went and put gum in my mouth. The food gets to the table and he puts some honey mustard on a chicken tender and puts in toward my mouth, says c'mon just one bite, I looked at him and I said no I am fine, I don't want any....he puts it closer and says open up just ONE bit....I looked at him and said I SAID NO, I DON"T WANT ANY, thank you.....he put it in his mouth....Inside of me I have the biggest smile because I know I can handle ANYTHING....So today when I stepped on my Wii it showed I loss 3.4lbs.....gotta love it!

Thank you! I know I can, no, will do this! Before I started the program I read through this website to see the kind of success people were having. I came across your posts and your story, and seeing that you started 20lbs heavier than me and how much weight you had lost convinced me I could do it too. :hug::hug:

What a jerk that guy was to try to shove food in your mouth. Some people just don't get it!

wuv2bloved
01-28-2012, 04:53 PM
As he was eating it, he kept saying I shouldn't be eating this either I am a diabetic, I'll start my diet on Monday he said...I was thinking to myself....a diabetic, probably 200lbs overweight and you are going to wait til Monday to start?...yea ok....and I heard him order Crown and Diet coke....I am thinking again to myself...REALLY??? like that Diet coke is going to make a difference??....I love observing people who are clueless...and to think I used to be one who didn't care what I ate or drank!!

I saw this today and thought I would share and affirmation with you I found.....
Hermite Spiritual Corner
Affirmation:

I Am Who I AM...
...I Am What I Am...
......I Am Filled with Love...
.........I Am My Own Light...
............I Am LOVED by those who matters...
...............I Am ME...:-)♥

New Englander
01-28-2012, 05:04 PM
At home I usually wear t-shirts-so it was fun to get dressed up for the wedding this afternoon! Feeling good and looking great will keep me from cheating this afternoon! Loving this!
Isn't that the best! I've been getting excited just to put on casual clothes...can't wait for a bigger event (i.e. wedding, shower) to put on something cute!!! PS I see where the same height...looks like you're going for the smaller end of the recommended weight for our height! Good for you! I opted for a midpoint... :)

shelly ann
01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
As he was eating it, he kept saying I shouldn't be eating this either I am a diabetic, I'll start my diet on Monday he said...I was thinking to myself....a diabetic, probably 200lbs overweight and you are going to wait til Monday to start?...yea ok....and I heard him order Crown and Diet coke....I am thinking again to myself...REALLY??? like that Diet coke is going to make a difference??....I love observing people who are clueless...and to think I used to be one who didn't care what I ate or drank!!

I saw this today and thought I would share and affirmation with you I found.....
Hermite Spiritual Corner
Affirmation:

I Am Who I AM...
...I Am What I Am...
......I Am Filled with Love...
.........I Am My Own Light...
............I Am LOVED by those who matters...
...............I Am ME...:-)♥

Such a lovely affirmation.

Where I work, they see the sickest of the sick. A large percent of the patients with severe medical problems are morbidly obese and basically killing themselves. I knew I had to do something before getting to that point. As Jack LaLanne said - it's easy to die, it takes work to live. Best of luck to everyone in their journey.

northernfawn
01-28-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm so excited that I found a new clinic to go to for the IP program and I really like my new coach. I got such a good feeling at the new place and the pricing is what it should be, so I got an extra case of choc ready puddings for back-up as they're not restricted. I got weighed in there today too and I'm down another 2.6 lbs which makes me feel great - 10.6 lbs down in 2 weeks!!!!!

I visited my parents for an overnight yesterday and they were so supportive. Rather than making some sort of pie and mashed potatoes which would have been the norm, my dad bbq'd the most amazing steak and served it up with a great salad (i made my own dressing with evoo and cider vinegar). They were great the whole time I was there and asked lots of questions about the plan so they could understand and support me :)

Ishbel
01-28-2012, 08:55 PM

Ok seriously, I read this and actually said out loud "Jerk!" Who does that?!?! You're a nicer person then me cause I don't think I would have been smiling even on the inside. Ugh!

legacy7
01-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Isn't that the best! I've been getting excited just to put on casual clothes...can't wait for a bigger event (i.e. wedding, shower) to put on something cute!!! PS I see where the same height...looks like you're going for the smaller end of the recommended weight for our height! Good for you! I opted for a midpoint... :)

It was fun! And several people noticed my weight loss! My coach didn't give a whole lot of guidance for our goal weight-she just asked what we wanted. My lowest weight since I was 12 was 145(yes, I was 19) so that's what I went for. I was a size 14 still-and very muscular(tennis practice/weight lifting/running) so I figured I'd be more fluffy than I was then.

Since then I've thought maybe my goal should change to something more ummm...doable? What are your thoughts on goal weight?

northernfawn
01-28-2012, 09:32 PM

So glad you felt comfortable in the bar, I'm sure it gave you a real confidence boost!! I can't believe your friend's uncle tried so hard to sabotage you like that, it was rude and totally uncalled for. I don't think I could have handled it a graciously as you did - total class :bravo:

Ishbel
01-29-2012, 03:05 PM
So I had Kale Chips last night...it's been a while since I pulled those out. IPeeps on the daily were talking about them and created a craving...funny how your cravings change as craving kale chips isn't something I thought I'd be craving 9 months ago. Apparently TOM is here, or at least the hormones of TOM cause the salt on them tasted awesome! I wanted to lick the plate off. LOL

VIP still doesn't like them, still considers them "sea weed" but hey...I love them that I'm sure in my 'life plan' (maintenance) they will still be something I turn to for a healthy alternative.

Hope you're all having a great 100% day!

Chuckles1330
01-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Congratulations everyone on your victories - onederland seems like a distant dream to me, but I know with persistence I will make it - and probably quicker than I ever imagined.
WI#2 was yesterday, it was a little of a let-down after a 12lb loss WI#1, but then I told myself to be reasonable - a 4lb loss in a week is GREAT! 16lbs in 2weeks is FANTASTIC and I am grateful for it. I'm looking forward to when I get my tracker (should be mid-week) and I can set some mini-goals. Since I will be more organized about my veggies this week, I know it will be an easier week. I also think I'm beginning to see some of the energy everyone talks about - I had a busy day yesterday, but just kept on going, and didn't take a nap :)

Chuckles1330
01-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Oh, and to the poster with a question about goal weight. My coach didn't say anything about goal weight except it isn't set in stone. I picked 100lb loss as goal, but as I progress, that will probably change and go lower. I weighed 175lbs when I got married in 1992. Would LOVE to get to there or lower. I think my body will let me know where it needs to be. While the first two weeks on plan were not easy (at least not for me), my body is giving me some signals that it is happier for the fact that I'm losing weight. :)

matolmama
01-29-2012, 03:53 PM
WI today, down another 2.6 #'s. wow. goal is getting closer. ooh and i am sitting here with a hoodie on and up, a scarf around my neck, and my leather gloves on, also thinking about putting on my thermal's. ooy will i ever be warm again??? hope everyone has a great day. those of you that enjoy an occasional drink i put davinci buttered rum sf syrup in carbonated water, soooo good. try it. lise

AussieonIP
01-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Day 4 for me, and when I jumped on the scale at home showing a total loss of 6.4 pounds for 3 days am over the moon!!!!

Looking forward to my first weight in (officially) on Tuesday!

Happy 100%ers to all

Cheers/S...

wuv2bloved
01-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Looks like we will have another good week on WI's with the start of Lise and Aussie !!...hope everyone has had an awesome weekend. I went shopping(looking) and fit in size 22's both in shirts and pants....WOOHOO!!!!.....weird going in and looking at smaller sizes, stuff I liked was only in the bigger sizes...haha....I can remember 9 months ago when I couldn't even fit into some 30/32's!....amazing is all I am going to say with a BIG SMILE!!!

mompattie
01-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Looks like we will have another good week on WI's with the start of Lise and Aussie !!...hope everyone has had an awesome weekend. I went shopping(looking) and fit in size 22's both in shirts and pants....WOOHOO!!!!.....weird going in and looking at smaller sizes, stuff I liked was only in the bigger sizes...haha....I can remember 9 months ago when I couldn't even fit into some 30/32's!....amazing is all I am going to say with a BIG SMILE!!!

Oh Lisa that is soooooo awesome!!!!! 10 sizes holy crap woman good job!!!!! So happy for you!

salmongirl
01-29-2012, 09:15 PM
WI today, down another 2.6 #'s. wow. goal is getting closer. ooh and i am sitting here with a hoodie on and up, a scarf around my neck, and my leather gloves on, also thinking about putting on my thermal's. ooy will i ever be warm again??? hope everyone has a great day. those of you that enjoy an occasional drink i put davinci buttered rum sf syrup in carbonated water, soooo good. try it. lise

Wow, what an inspiration. I hope I can make it too. You look awesome!

salmongirl
01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
I had a nice and busy weekend full of social events and managed to stay 100% OP. It really seems to be getting easier and easier every day.

Junetwin11
01-29-2012, 09:55 PM

My coach recommended Vitamin B for being cold. It sure helped me :)

Momto2cs
01-29-2012, 10:22 PM
It was fun! And several people noticed my weight loss! My coach didn't give a whole lot of guidance for our goal weight-she just asked what we wanted. My lowest weight since I was 12 was 145(yes, I was 19) so that's what I went for. I was a size 14 still-and very muscular(tennis practice/weight lifting/running) so I figured I'd be more fluffy than I was then.

Since then I've thought maybe my goal should change to something more ummm...doable? What are your thoughts on goal weight?

I am also 5'8". I am pretty muscular and exercise pretty much every dy.

I am currently 152 and have a goal of 145. I can easily wear a 6 in most clothes, and last summer, when I was around 145 I could even wear some 4's!

I think 155 is a good goal. When you get there you can decide if it is right for you.