Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

bedheadred
01-25-2012, 04:45 AM
:wave:Good Morning all my fellow IP's! My coach cancelled my weigh in (it will be my 2nd) but after freaking out:cry: Friday last week about seeing my ordinary cheap bathroom scale barely move...IT MOVED:dance:I am very anxious to get the true reading but think I am down at least 5 more (so a minimum of 12 total)!! I can tell my clothes are fitting looser and it feels GREAT! I will check back in Thursday for my "official loss"
Wishing you all a fantastic day:)

rissimo
01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

I would like to thank all of you for the congratulations, job well dones and like the new pictures that was given to me yesterday. I was not able to get back on much after I posted yesterday morning due to work load and when I go home my computer had a worm so I was not able to log on then either.

Congratulations to those who had losses yesterday to those who stayed on OP. For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation. I have had friends try to tempt me into eating this or that, because a little will not hurt anything, but it will. Just thinking about having to go thru the first 3 days again....NO THANK YOU. It will be there when I am finished and I will join you then

Sorry about the rambling....I'll stop now.

Good Luck with those who have weigh in's today. Have a great day everyone.

mamacitaof2
01-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

I would like to thank all of you for the congratulations, job well dones and like the new pictures that was given to me yesterday. I was not able to get back on much after I posted yesterday morning due to work load and when I go home my computer had a worm so I was not able to log on then either.

Congratulations to those who had losses yesterday to those who stayed on OP. For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation. I have had friends try to tempt me into eating this or that, because a little will not hurt anything, but it will. Just thinking about having to go thru the first 3 days again....NO THANK YOU. It will be there when I am finished and I will join you then

Well said! I just caught up on yesterday's daily chat. Congratulations on your success! You are looking fabulous! Keep up the great work and thanks for continuing to inspire us and give advise!

mamacitaof2
01-25-2012, 07:45 AM
I found popcorn seasoning at the grocery store yesterday...next to the popcorn. It is 2/0/0 and they have multiple flavors. I used the parmesian garlic on my crab stuffed mushrooms...mmmmm. delish! I also purchased the Ranch and white cheddar seasoning. They had a couple of others too, but I stuck with what I knew I would like and likely use.

I'm having a much better day today than I was yesterday. Thank goodness! Since I'm a compulsive weigher, I also know I lost alot of water weight from my TOM yesterday....3lbs to be exact. Weighed myself in the AM, then the PM and a 3lb difference. Usually it's reversed! I hope it stays off until TOM is done!

Good luck with all the WIs today! Have a great OP day!

EmilySebetka
01-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Good morning everyone!

I have my third WI today. I have no idea what to expect. I am currently very happy though... I am using a hole on my belt that was previously too small to use!!! I've been doing this diet for three weeks, and I've lost that much inch wise. Wow. I'm now only one hole away from having a too big belt! :D

I went to a movie last night, and the friend I was with was eating popcorn (love movie theater popcorn) and it didn't tempt me at all! I just drank my little bottle of water throughout Mission Impossible 3. I love it when clothes fit better, and I can't wait until I can buy new clothes.

I'm going to Wisconsin to visit a friend (sister really) in March, and I'm hoping to have lost quite a bit by then. Then I might get to go to Florida for four days, and I hope I can wear shorts and a tank during that. At the rate I'm going, I think I will be!

doublebaby
01-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Rissimo,
It is really inspiring seeing photo's like yours and others on here! You can just see and feel your "smiley face" come through! You look great. I hope you feel as great too.
As with others, this plan just clicks with me and I don't see the sense in cheating (knowingly) and find it easy to stay on board with it.
Wishing everyone continues success!

mtnsun4
01-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Good morning all! We have a very challenging morning this morning.......we are hoping a judge officially changes my daughter's last name to the last name of my husband, her brothers and mine. The lawyer feels that it will happen, due to the fact her biological father has not been in the picture for 2 1/2 years. Stressful event. I have my food with me, and I have planned for it. I tend to be a stress/emotional eater so I am planning my food for the day and sticking to it. I need some good thoughts this morning.

Hope you all have a successful day! :)

Junetwin11
01-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Looking good Rissimo :)

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Good morning all! We have a very challenging morning this morning.......we are hoping a judge officially changes my daughter's last name to the last name of my husband, her brothers and mine. The lawyer feels that it will happen, due to the fact her biological father has not been in the picture for 2 1/2 years. Stressful event. I have my food with me, and I have planned for it. I tend to be a stress/emotional eater so I am planning my food for the day and sticking to it. I need some good thoughts this morning.

Good thoughts coming your way!! I tend to be an emotional eater as well, but having a plan and having everything prepared before hand really helps. Good luck to you!

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Good morning!!

I hope everyone has a great day!! Things here are busy but good, I just realized how close our move is and how quickly it's coming up, and how much there still is to do!! Thankfully food is not something I'm having to stress over. I try to keep as much prepared and ready to go as I can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is by far the easiest diet I have ever been on. On past diets (Curves, WW, calorie counting) I spend hours hunched over the computer planning everything out and then if you try to change something mid day watch out! Plus those plans weren't teaching me to stick with it, just that I could have a huge hunk of whatever as long as I deprived myself the rest of the day. Not to mention the fact that I never got results with those plans like I am getting with IP.

My new favorite purchase is the 3lb bag of broccoli from Sam's. I've had it over 2 weeks and it's still good, and SO easy to prepare. I just measure out 2 cups in my Pyrex measuring cup, rinse it off, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Bonus you can eat it out of the measuring cup and you've only dirtied 1 dish :) I've got 1 serving left that will probably be lunch today, but I love that it's all presliced and ready to go.

Also, has anyone else noticed that as they're losing weight they seem to be getting taller? Not literally of course, but all of my clothes (pants especially) that were far to short are now approaching normal length and the things that fit are now to long. I've got one pair of lounge capris that were above my knees when I started, and I put them on yesterday and they're halfway down my shins. I think it's because I have less butt / tummy to hold them up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

doublebaby
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Good morning!!

I hope everyone has a great day!! Things here are busy but good, I just realized how close our move is and how quickly it's coming up, and how much there still is to do!! Thankfully food is not something I'm having to stress over. I try to keep as much prepared and ready to go as I can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is by far the easiest diet I have ever been on. On past diets (Curves, WW, calorie counting) I spend hours hunched over the computer planning everything out and then if you try to change something mid day watch out! Plus those plans weren't teaching me to stick with it, just that I could have a huge hunk of whatever as long as I deprived myself the rest of the day. Not to mention the fact that I never got results with those plans like I am getting with IP.

My new favorite purchase is the 3lb bag of broccoli from Sam's. I've had it over 2 weeks and it's still good, and SO easy to prepare. I just measure out 2 cups in my Pyrex measuring cup, rinse it off, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Bonus you can eat it out of the measuring cup and you've only dirtied 1 dish :) I've got 1 serving left that will probably be lunch today, but I love that it's all presliced and ready to go.

Also, has anyone else noticed that as they're losing weight they seem to be getting taller? Not literally of course, but all of my clothes (pants especially) that were far to short are now approaching normal length and the things that fit are now to long. I've got one pair of lounge capris that were above my knees when I started, and I put them on yesterday and they're halfway down my shins. I think it's because I have less butt / tummy to hold them up.

Yes!! Pants have gotten shorter as I've grown outward! Now they are getting longer. Very funny.

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Third day OP. I am sick as a dog. Got to stick to the program even though I feel so bad.
Here's hoping you all have a great day!

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 08:38 AM
mtnsun4,
You can do this! Keep on plugging along! I am an emotional eater as well, so I feel your struggle! I have faith you can get thru this! Be strong!
Blessings!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone! I had a social event last night that I had to attend for work. It was a dinner event at one of the areas best Italian restaurants and I was concerned about going. I had a plan and stuck with it. I ate my OP dinner in the car right before the event so I would be full. I was hoping it would be a buffet so I could sit as far away from it as possible. Well, it was a family style service. There was nothing I could nibble on as it was all stuffed pastas with cream sauces and merlot braised beef. Desert was blueberry cheesecake with homemade wipped cream and apple cobbler with carmel and ice cream. All of this food is being passed back and forth, me even having to pass it to others so it was right under my nose. I had the waiter take all my plates and silverware away so I couldn't taste it even if I wanted to. The interesting this is I really didn't want it. I was suprised how easy it was to just pass on it. I sat there and didn't care what people thought. I assumed they would conclude that I was on a special diet or something and no one said anything to me. I am proud of myself for making it through the event and coming out the other side stonger.

We all can do this if we just stay strong and true to ourselves!

Good luck to everyone today and have a fabulous OP day! :hug:

JKfromIL
01-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Yes!! Pants have gotten shorter as I've grown outward! Now they are getting longer. Very funny.

Yes! I now have to roll up the pant legs on my jeans. If I didn't they would get wet from the snow :)

Diamondonalandmine
01-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Hmm, I'd like to join in on this if i could!?

doublebaby
01-25-2012, 08:55 AM
ReadytobeHealthy
QuoteI start IP officially tomorrow!!! I am super excited and really really ready for this change. I have a ton of support and the place I get my food sells by the package. They tell you to do a boot camp your first few weeks and stick to Soups, Drinks and Puddings to take the most advantage. I have to do the Alternative plan because of my diabetes! I hope this goes as well as I hope. I will be checking in often and posting more I am sure!

Above is a quote from yesterdays chat, last page. I have a question regarding this if anyone can help me with this.
I was under the impression that the alternative plan for diabetes had been stopped per looking at information on this site. There were more things that you could have but for some reason they decided not to allow it any longer. I am not talking about the alternatives that some use instead of the IP brands because clearly ReadytobeHealthy is buying IP (her place sells by the package).
So, is this plan still used? I am wondering because my husband began a week after I did and he has Type 2 diabetes and has had a terrible time with his BS going so low that the coach said to do whatever it takes to keep from that. I think she was a little stymied by it going so low all the time. 46 at times! He has tried an extra bar among other things. He has all but gone off of IP packets for now but still eats what I eat but supplements with other healthy things for himself. ( I am the one who really needs to lose weight). He has a doctor appt. coming up to discuss with him about the diet and meds and will go from there. I have just heard so many saying they have gotten off of meds and was hopeful of some of that for him as well. Coach didn't mention the alternative but was going to talk to someone higher up but it didn't get that far when my husband began adding carbs to help his BS. Sorry about the ramble but my original question
1. Is there an alternative plan for diabetics?
2. Where do I find it on here?----Well I did but then it was mentioned it isn't used anylonger...
Thanks for any help.

doublebaby
01-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone! I had a social event last night that I had to attend for work. It was a dinner event at one of the areas best Italian restaurants and I was concerned about going. I had a plan and stuck with it. I ate my OP dinner in the car right before the event so I would be full. I was hoping it would be a buffet so I could sit as far away from it as possible. Well, it was a family style service. There was nothing I could nibble on as it was all stuffed pastas with cream sauces and merlot braised beef. Desert was blueberry cheesecake with homemade wipped cream and apple cobbler with carmel and ice cream. All of this food is being passed back and forth, me even having to pass it to others so it was right under my nose. I had the waiter take all my plates and silverware away so I couldn't taste it even if I wanted to. The interesting this is I really didn't want it. I was suprised how easy it was to just pass on it. I sat there and didn't care what people thought. I assumed they would conclude that I was on a special diet or something and no one said anything to me. I am proud of myself for making it through the event and coming out the other side stonger.

Great NSV for you! Proud of you!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Third day OP. I am sick as a dog. Got to stick to the program even though I feel so bad.

Ducksmy - You will feel better soon. Keep that in the back of your mind to help push you through. We all are hear to support you so reach out to the group if you need support. Stay strong! :hug:

Momto2cs
01-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Yesterday caadiancandy mentioned donairs

Somewhere on the recipe threads is a recipe for donairs salad or wraps...be creative! You can modify almost anything to make it ip compliant!

Hmmm, I am going to make donairs tonight!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Good morning!!

Moving is stressful and can strigger our need to eat but it sounds like you have a great plan and it is working for you. I know what you mean about the other diet plans. I was on WW and justified a hunk of cake by adjusting my food for the rest of the day. Not a healthy way to eat thats for sure! I notice my pants are getting longer too! It is so motivating to see the results of this plan so quickly. Have a wonderful OP day! :hug:

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Great NSV for you! Proud of you!

Thank you doublebaby!

wyo1963
01-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone. Congrats on the losses everyone! Love the picture WUV put out. I think I will make my self a set of those. We have a beautiful sunrise here this morning. Makes me smile. It's hump day too! Tried the fish last night, it was okay, just not a fish person I guess. That's okay. Having piggy and aspargus tonight. Have a great day everyone. Smile- it makes people wonder what you're up to!

MustangMolly
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Here we are again at the same weight with the same goal. We are very close to onderland. See you on the other side. :hug:

Have a good Tuesday everyone and good luck to those with WI's today. I just got back and lost 1 pound this week. My coach wants me to start keeping a journal again as my weight loss seems to be slowing down just a bit. It's been forever since I was under 200 pounds, so she thinks it might be my body fighting it. She also wants me to give up the Mio as she's not a big fan of it. She said calorie wise it's fine, but she doesn't like what it does to the pancreas, so she prefer I just have water with a slice of lemon in it. Also I am not to go longer than 4 hours between protein, so I need to eat a hard boiled egg if it's been longer than 4 hours. She's the boss, so I'm back to the food journal again .:(

Hey Dana, I missed this yesterday and wanted to respond today. It is very exciting to be this close to onderland, I can't wait to "see you there"! I drink lots of Mio so I'll be interested to hear what cutting that out does for you. I think maybe I need to start using it as more of a treat instead of in all my water. Have a great rest of the week!

thin4me
01-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Good morning everyone!
I have my weigh in tonight after work and hoping for some sort of loss since I've been back 100% OP after my xmas break.

As many know this is expensive and I'm planning to purchase alternatives for next week from Proteinwell in order to keep going. I realize there is an alternative link but wanted opinions before ordering it as I have to order by the box (Pat & Sandra - input please :)
I understand it is personal taste so I thought I'd mention my favorite IP Products that I order on a weekly basis:

Breakfast - Wildberry Yogurt, Herb & cheese omelette, Rice Cereal
Lunch - Broccoli & cheese soup, Chicken soup
Snack - Peanut Butter Crunch Bars or Southwest Cheese Curls (my favorite)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm nervous to switch but at the same time cannot continue with IP otherwise

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the past few days of posts and I'm so happy to see everyone's success! I had WI#7 yesterday, and was down another 3lbs, which seems to be my average. I have a goal of reaching 30lbs by Valentine's Day, so hopefully I will come close to that.
I've been playing around with recipes, and brought a few in to my Dr. yesterday--she was thrilled and made copies for everyone. She told me that so many people are missing having a sandwich! I am so happy that I can have one now, too :)
I am going to try making the bread out of the chicken soup this week. My next idea is to figure out some macaroni and cheese substitute, as I am really missing that. I thought about making the "pasta" out of the plain crepe mix, an egg white and some water, but I don't really know if it will work. Since I'm never going to use it anyway, it can't hurt to try. I will let you know if I am successful. I am so excited that my WF marinara is coming today! It really helps me to get my tomato fix!
I got the green light for exercise, so I can dust off the elliptical and give it a go for 10-15 min. I think that will really help me feel toned up and not cause me to need another packet.
So, good luck to all of you and stay strong!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Good morning everyone. Congrats on the losses everyone! Love the picture WUV put out. I think I will make my self a set of those. We have a beautiful sunrise here this morning. Makes me smile. It's hump day too! Tried the fish last night, it was okay, just not a fish person I guess. That's okay. Having piggy and aspargus tonight. Have a great day everyone. Smile- it makes people wonder what you're up to!

I saw your post about spaghetti yesterday--order some miracle noodles or shiritake spaghetti!! The WF marinara is pretty good if you can get past the color :)

Chuckles1330
01-25-2012, 09:44 AM
SomedayBubblySomeday - please post the recipe for the sandwich - it looks yummy!

I've had some challenges staying OP this week - not so much with temptation, but with organization and time. Last two nights I've had a packet for dinner (rather late) but no veggies. Obviously have to get myself more organized, and I have a question - can you prepare things like pudding packages in advance and have them keep well in the fridge?

Day 12...

wyo1963
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM
I saw your post about spaghetti yesterday--order some miracle noodles or shiritake spaghetti!! The WF marinara is pretty good if you can get past the color :)

Thank you for the info. I will look on WF site for it. Have a great day!:D

3mama
01-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

My doctor/coach told me to absolutely expect weeks with just one pound losses. She said you can do the same exact thing week after week and the losses will vary - it's just the way our bodies work. We need to keep our eye on the big picture!

I found popcorn seasoning at the grocery store yesterday...next to the popcorn. It is 2/0/0 and they have multiple flavors. I used the parmesian garlic on my crab stuffed mushrooms...mmmmm. delish! I also purchased the Ranch and white cheddar seasoning. They had a couple of others too, but I stuck with what I knew I would like and likely use.

I'm having a much better day today than I was yesterday. Thank goodness! Since I'm a compulsive weigher, I also know I lost alot of water weight from my TOM yesterday....3lbs to be exact. Weighed myself in the AM, then the PM and a 3lb difference. Usually it's reversed! I hope it stays off until TOM is done!

Good luck with all the WIs today! Have a great OP day!

Can you tell me how you made the crab stuffed mushrooms? They sound so yummy! :)

Good thought being sent your way! You have a plan so I'm sure you'll do fine!

Me too - this headcold is awful. Stay OP, drink lots of water, and rest as much as you can. :hug:

Good job! Having the waiter take your plate was a great idea. I love how you said nobody even said anything to you. So many people worry about the social pressures to eat/drink at events, but in reality nobody cares.

desperatetolosegirl
01-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Hi, I am new to the site and this forum. Started IP on Jan 6 2012 and lost 12 lbs is 3 weeks.
W#1: -6; W#2: -4; W#3: -2
A bit diapppointed with only 2 lbs lost. I have 17 more to go!! I am motivated and want to stick to this diet. Just a bit worried if I will reach my goal.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST
01-25-2012, 09:55 AM
ReadytobeHealthy
QuoteI start IP officially tomorrow!!! I am super excited and really really ready for this change. I have a ton of support and the place I get my food sells by the package. They tell you to do a boot camp your first few weeks and stick to Soups, Drinks and Puddings to take the most advantage. I have to do the Alternative plan because of my diabetes! I hope this goes as well as I hope. I will be checking in often and posting more I am sure!

Above is a quote from yesterdays chat, last page. I have a question regarding this if anyone can help me with this.
I was under the impression that the alternative plan for diabetes had been stopped per looking at information on this site. There were more things that you could have but for some reason they decided not to allow it any longer. I am not talking about the alternatives that some use instead of the IP brands because clearly ReadytobeHealthy is buying IP (her place sells by the package).
So, is this plan still used? I am wondering because my husband began a week after I did and he has Type 2 diabetes and has had a terrible time with his BS going so low that the coach said to do whatever it takes to keep from that. I think she was a little stymied by it going so low all the time. 46 at times! He has tried an extra bar among other things. He has all but gone off of IP packets for now but still eats what I eat but supplements with other healthy things for himself. ( I am the one who really needs to lose weight). He has a doctor appt. coming up to discuss with him about the diet and meds and will go from there. I have just heard so many saying they have gotten off of meds and was hopeful of some of that for him as well. Coach didn't mention the alternative but was going to talk to someone higher up but it didn't get that far when my husband began adding carbs to help his BS. Sorry about the ramble but my original question
1. Is there an alternative plan for diabetics?
2. Where do I find it on here?----Well I did but then it was mentioned it isn't used anylonger...
Thanks for any help.

Here is the sticky for the alternative phases, it may be a little old

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases-4.html

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-25-2012, 09:59 AM
SomedayBubblySomeday - please post the recipe for the sandwich - it looks yummy!

SOUP SANDWICH
1 packet broccoli cheddar soup
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg white
1/2 - 3/4 oz lunch meat (1-2 slices)
2 lettuce leaves
Sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
2 oz water (about a shot glass)

Whisk egg white in a bowl. Add baking powder to soup packet and stir. Add packet contents to bowl and mix with rubber spatula. Slowly add water and continue mixing. Spray a waffle iron or sandwich maker generously with olive oil. Add soup batter and cook for 7 minutes in sandwich maker or 4 1/2 minutes in waffle iron. Remove and allow to cool before assembling sandwich. If bread seems soggy, finish it in a toaster oven or regular oven for 1-2 minutes at 350.

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Lorilou,
Thanks for the support! I appreciate it greatly. At this point with other diests I would just give in and binge. I am trying so hard not to do this. Drinking my water, looking forward to lunch!

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 10:07 AM
3mama,
I appreciate your support! Hoping you feel better real soon!
Btw how do you get all the graphics?
Mary

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
:D got it now!

Chuckles1330
01-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks SBS! I'll have to try that.
:)

desperatetolosegirl
01-25-2012, 10:11 AM
How do you get the weight loss progress logo? I am new to the site.

SewingMomma
01-25-2012, 10:14 AM
For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation.

Well said. I have had big losses and small losses, and I'm fine with that. I never compare myself to anyone else because this is MY journey and MY body. I don't mind the strictness of this diet because it's teaching me how to eat properly. My husband and I are very social people. We eat out a lot, and spend a lot of time with our friends. You can still have a social life and not cheat. When we meet friends at a restaurant, I order OP things, and enjoy the company of friends. Sunday my best friend and I took our kids to a Mexican restaurant, and I had fajitas (no onions). I didn't eat the chips. I didn't eat the queso. I didn't eat anything that wasn't OP. I didn't have a margarita. BUT I had a GREAT time with my friend. I don't need food or drink to make me happy or to make me feel like I'm part of a group. My friends do that. I have not cheated on this diet, nor do I plan on cheating. I want to lose all of this weight and be a healthy person. That's why I started IP because I wanted to be healthy. I was slowly killing myself with my out of control eating, and I refuse to do that anymore.

SewingMomma
01-25-2012, 10:17 AM

Hang in there! It gets better!!! It really does.

SewingMomma
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I had the waiter take all my plates and silverware away so I couldn't taste it even if I wanted to. The interesting this is I really didn't want it. I was suprised how easy it was to just pass on it. I sat there and didn't care what people thought. I assumed they would conclude that I was on a special diet or something and no one said anything to me. I am proud of myself for making it through the event and coming out the other side stonger.

:carrot::carrot:Way to go! What a great NSV. I'm the same way. I can be in a restaurant where everyone at my table is eating things I can't, and I don't want it. Keep up the good work!:carrot::carrot:

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM
desperatetolosegirl,
you have to be a member and post for 20 days then, you get one!
:wave:

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 10:21 AM
How do you get the weight loss progress logo? I am new to the site.

You need to be a member for 20 days and have at least 20 posts. Once you reach that there will be an "Edit Signature" link under "User IP" (left side of screen in the purple band) that shows up. Mine showed up at 21 days.

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks sewingmom! Really all the encouragement really helps! I am so thankful to have found all of you! :dance:

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 10:23 AM
:carrot::carrot:Way to go! What a great NSV. I'm the same way. I can be in a restaurant where everyone at my table is eating things I can't, and I don't want it. Keep up the good work!:carrot::carrot:

Thanks! :hug:

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Sewingmom,
Just read your post about Sunday, are onions bad? I hope not cause I have had them everyday on my lettuce! Opps?!!! :dunno:

thin4me
01-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Sewingmom,
Just read your post about Sunday, are onions bad? I hope not cause I have had them everyday on my lettuce! Opps?!!! :dunno:

You can have raw onions but not cooked - cooking brings out the natural sugars.

massconfusion84
01-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Good Luck with those who have weigh in's today. Have a great day everyone.3

I like the way your put that ...but I would sure love the WHOOSH fairy to come see me this week! :)

doublebaby
01-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the past few days of posts and I'm so happy to see everyone's success! I had WI#7 yesterday, and was down another 3lbs, which seems to be my average. I have a goal of reaching 30lbs by Valentine's Day, so hopefully I will come close to that.
I've been playing around with recipes, and brought a few in to my Dr. yesterday--she was thrilled and made copies for everyone. She told me that so many people are missing having a sandwich! I am so happy that I can have one now, too :)
I am going to try making the bread out of the chicken soup this week. My next idea is to figure out some macaroni and cheese substitute, as I am really missing that. I thought about making the "pasta" out of the plain crepe mix, an egg white and some water, but I don't really know if it will work. Since I'm never going to use it anyway, it can't hurt to try. I will let you know if I am successful. I am so excited that my WF marinara is coming today! It really helps me to get my tomato fix!
I got the green light for exercise, so I can dust off the elliptical and give it a go for 10-15 min. I think that will really help me feel toned up and not cause me to need another packet.

HHHmmmm- I wonder...if you use the crepe mix and a spetzle maker and boil them. At least you may get baby spetzles. Not pasta but somebody might enjoy those if they figure it out. At least those are the kind of spetzle/dumplings we used to enjoy.

doublebaby
01-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I finally made your broccolli cheese soup sandwhich with turkey yesterday for lunch. It was delicious!! Thank you, thank you!

dashenka
01-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Just wanted to tell you guys how helpful that forum is to me. When it gets tough, I read the forum, and get through it! I am not a good poster, most of the time i don't have much to say... But thank you all for being here, sharing your thoughts and carrying me through.

massconfusion84
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
OOOOh yay tomorrow my acct will be 20 days old and I can get a ticker!!!! Super excited about that (its the little things)

Danni1
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
I had my second weigh in last night, down 2.6 lbs and 1.75 inches! I feel like I am in the race with the tortoise and the hare. So many people want to be that hare, racing to get to the end of their weight loss and trying short cuts or not sticking to plan. I'm that tortoise, every week I don't gain is a win. If I keep up the hard work and steady pace I will come out the winner in the end! And I can't wait to finish this race!

I have one question, has anyone tried to freeze the muffins/cookies that they make from the packets? My coach is leaving for holidays today and I was her last client last night so there wasn't too much selection. I thought for some variety in my meals this weekend I would try some of the recipes but was wondering if they could be frozen so I could make a few servings in advance.

desperatetolosegirl
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks duckmy and lorilou for your reply.

lindac36
01-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Good morning all! We have a very challenging morning. I need some good thoughts this morning.:)

Good Luck! Hope everything works in your favour. Family is the biggest and best thing now and always. A cyber hug from me to you! :hug::hug:

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-25-2012, 10:45 AM
HHHmmmm- I wonder...if you use the crepe mix and a spetzle maker and boil them. At least you may get baby spetzles. Not pasta but somebody might enjoy those if they figure it out. At least those are the kind of spetzle/dumplings we used to enjoy.

Good idea! I was thinking about that or maybe trying to make some sort of gnocchi out of it--I don't know if I could boil it, but maybe steam it? Then bake with a sauce (or soup). I'm dying to figure it out :)

I'm glad you liked the sandwich! It's a great grab and go option as well.

lindac36
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Hmm, I'd like to join in on this if i could!?

Join in. Feel welcome.

lindac36
01-25-2012, 10:50 AM

Somewhere on the recipe threads is a recipe for donairs salad or wraps...be creative! You can modify almost anything to make it ip compliant!

What is a donair?

lindac36
01-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the past few days of posts and I'm so happy to see everyone's success! I had WI#7 yesterday, and was down another 3lbs.

Congratulations on the WI! And...how did you make the bread for that sandwich? (I might have missed it if you shared it earlier. Haven't had much time on 'the chat' the last couple of days.) Thanks

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Congratulations on the WI! And...how did you make the bread for that sandwich? (I might have missed it if you shared it earlier. Haven't had much time on 'the chat' the last couple of days.) Thanks

Thank you for the congrats! I posted the recipe a little while ago--it's on page 3 of this thread. If you have a sandwich maker, it really makes it seem like bread :)

lindac36
01-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi, I am new to the site and this forum. Started IP on Jan 6 2012 and lost 12 lbs is 3 weeks.
A bit diapppointed with only 2 lbs lost. I have 17 more to go!! I am motivated and want to stick to this diet. Just a bit worried if I will reach my goal.

think about joining the January/February Challenge. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkUCX4sOotSgdFkwODZubzFGSlE4dmMzTDZUVVdwa VE#gid=0

Pxlkitty is the 'go to' girl if you have questions or problems.

lindac36
01-25-2012, 11:10 AM
I had my second weigh in last night, down 2.6 lbs and 1.75 inches! I feel like I am in the race with the tortoise and the hare. So many people want to be that hare, racing to get to the end of their weight loss and trying short cuts or not sticking to plan. I'm that tortoise, every week I don't gain is a win. If I keep up the hard work and steady pace I will come out the winner in the end! And I can't wait to finish this race!
The 'tortoise and the hare' pretty much sums up the whole process here. I have the same feelings. I am just starting the fourth week, so almost the same. I remember the first week I was so anxious to have a 10 pound loss, didn't happen, Lisa put my world back on the right tilt with just a few words, and since then I have been happy with any loss. It's true, if we keep up the work, it will pay off in the end. Well said!

DanafromAustin
01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Hey Dana, I missed this yesterday and wanted to respond today. It is very exciting to be this close to onderland, I can't wait to "see you there"! I drink lots of Mio so I'll be interested to hear what cutting that out does for you. I think maybe I need to start using it as more of a treat instead of in all my water. Have a great rest of the week!
I'll let you know how my non Mio week goes. I did peek at the scale today after my very clean way of eating yesterday (got in all of my water with lemon only) and I lost a pound. Now it may be consistence, time will tell this week.

Don't be disappointed as the 3rd week is generally a slower weight loss week due to how much most people loose the first two weeks. Also you are pretty close to goal, so your weight loss might be slower than average. I know my daughter is down to the last 5 pounds and it's going painfully slow for her.

Shemsham
01-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Yesterday was a challenge for lunch- eating out for a meeting. I was able to find a IP salad - steak sliced on top of romain with tomatoes, no blue cheese, onions or dressing. I have been really sparing with my tomatoes ( I love them) so it was such a treat I hardly missed the dressing. It's funny how at a reastruant that I've eaten at a million times I was concerned about finding something on plan - because I'm not usually looking past the burger menu :-) but there were actually a couple of choices that would have worked !

~Tammy

caja5152
01-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Can we use Crystal Light, Splenda or Truvia?? Having a tough time with plain water and black coffee...

mamacitaof2
01-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Sharing per request. This is how I made mine, you can change it anyway you like. I'm kind of boring when it comes to food. I like quick and easy.

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 8oz frozen crab
2 large portabello mushrooms
Seasoning of choice
EVOO or spray butter
Warm the crab in the microwave with some EVOO or spray butter or you can warm it over the stove with your daily oil allowance. I try to shred it while I'm cooking. it makes it easier to suff into the mushroom. Season to taste with your favorite seasonings.

I place the salt the mushrooms and then place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I remove them and dig out the brown stuff (it just gross' me out, but you can choose to eat it).

Then I stuff the mushroom with the crab and bake in the over another 5-10 minutes.

I don't include other veggies because the two big mushrooms are sufficient.

doublebaby
01-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Here is the sticky for the alternative phases, it may be a little old

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases-4.html

Thank you for the information. That is definately what I had read before and was intrigued about it. I just left it alone after I think I read it was no longer in use. But still wondering if it is officially given out. Thanks again
2RIDEROLLERCOAST.

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Sharing per request. This is how I made mine, you can change it anyway you like. I'm kind of boring when it comes to food. I like quick and easy.

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 8oz frozen crab
Seasoning of choice
EVOO or spray butter
Warm the crab in the microwave with some EVOO or spray butter or you can warm it over the stove with your daily oil allowance. I try to shred it while I'm cooking. it makes it easier to suff into the mushroom. Season to taste with your favorite seasonings.

I place the salt the mushrooms and then place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I remove them and dig out the brown stuff (it just gross' me out, but you can choose to eat it).

Then I stuff the mushroom with the crab and bake in the over another 5-10 minutes.

This sounds fantastic! I will definantly be trying this soon!

lindac36
01-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Can we use Crystal Light, Splenda or Truvia?? Having a tough time with plain water and black coffee...

I found that adding a little EAS carb control French Vanilla drink in my coffee takes care of that. They are sold everywhere in the vitamin/weight control area. Alot of people use the cappuccino drink as an additive as well. Also we can use the Torino sugar free flavorings (I like the caramel in my coffee too). And we can use Splenda and Stevia, I don't know about the other things. Hope that helps.

Giniwarrior
01-25-2012, 11:30 AM
I am posting this on two threads the daily and the one about cheating because it seem to be spilling over into each one.

It was interesting following this thread. People get pretty upset. One way to look at this is remembering we are foodaholics. Just like alcoholics some times people, "Fall of the wagon." You dont condone it but support them to get back on track. I have lost 60lbs and have been 100% OP. But, I do understand. Also, if it had been 10yrs ago I probably would have struggled too. I say, good for you for trying to change your lives! Even if you have fits and starts. I do notice that some coaches are stricter than others but ultimately you are your own coach. Regardless of what they say just follow the program guidelines. As to what is allowed and what isn't. At the bottom of the outline they give you the first day it says if its 0/0/0 its allowed. Like MIO and crystal lite with splenda and Torani's sugar free syrup. The only person that can stand in your way is you. Be kind and understanding. Everyone needs support. And unless you have walked in the other persons shoes you dont know what drives them. If you want the best results stay on program. And for those 100% OP it is an admirable undertaking. Congrats!! So, relax:-)

Renewing Myself
01-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Lorilou - I notice in your signature about the water retention, what did you do to drop the water weight? My initial weigh in + last weeks weigh in my coach said I had quite a lot of water still. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and look forward to seeing if it has gone down. I am thinking not as I only show about 2 lbs less on the scale and for my second week I thought my weight loss would be a bit higher.

ATeam
01-25-2012, 11:31 AM
We had our second official weigh in on Monday, as a couple we lost 9.4 for the week for a total of 28.6 pounds and that's for only two weeks. Does this work or what.

Thanks to all all of you for your inspiration.

Renewing Myself
01-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Thank you for this! I needed a bit of a reality check this morning!

3mama
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 8oz frozen crab
Seasoning of choice
EVOO or spray butter

Thank you so much! Those sound so yummy!

Thank you for the information. That is definately what I had read before and was intrigued about it. I just left it alone after I think I read it was no longer in use. But still wondering if it is officially given out. Thanks again
2RIDEROLLERCOAST.

I have no experience with the alternative/diabetic plan, but at the orientation meeting with my doctor she said to let her know if you were diabetic because then you would need an extra carb, fruit, and dairy. So they are still using it. This was only last week.

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 11:43 AM
We had our second official weigh in on Monday, as a couple we lost 9.4 for the week for a total of 28.6 pounds and that's for only two weeks. Does this work or what.

Congrats to you both :carrot: way to go! :bravo:

3mama
01-25-2012, 11:43 AM

Congrats! Keep up the good work!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Lorilou - I notice in your signature about the water retention, what did you do to drop the water weight? My initial weigh in + last weeks weigh in my coach said I had quite a lot of water still. I have my second weigh in tomorrow and look forward to seeing if it has gone down. I am thinking not as I only show about 2 lbs less on the scale and for my second week I thought my weight loss would be a bit higher.

Hi Renewing Myself - I love your site name. Isn't that exactly what we are all doing on this program!

I have a long running problem with water retension (on meds for it) so what I had to do to lose the water may not apply to you. I retain more water than the average person. If I drink too much water or have too much sodium in my diet I swell up. My hands, ankles, feet and even toes will swell up, and if it gets too bad, it goes up my calves. When I started IP I increased my water intake and used the sea salt as directed. I started running into problems so my coach, doctor and I decided I should limit my water to 8 - 9 cups a day and not use the sea salt. Within 2 days all of water was gone. If you have the same problem you may want to decrease your water and salt. But be careful as you may become light headed because you are not getting enough electrolyes. I don't have this problem though because of my body chemistry. Talk to your coach to find the best solution for you. Good luck!

trimup2day
01-25-2012, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=DanafromAustin;4187990]I'll let you know how my non Mio week goes. I did peek at the scale today after my very clean way of eating yesterday (got in all of my water with lemon only) and I lost a pound. Now it may be consistence, time will tell this week.

I too decided to start this week out without MIO to see if results changed. Week one down 5 lbs week two down 5 lbs, week three added MIO to water and no loss. I know the third week is supposed to be less, so that was ok. After jumping on the scale yesterday I'm now down 1 lb. Hmmmmm, guess my body isn't liking the MIO as much as I do. Good luck to you!!!

nikkib
01-25-2012, 12:04 PM

I feel for you. I had my daughters last name changed when she was almost 4. We had no problems with it. Her bio father is a turd and was in prison at the time. I think the judge seen what a loving family she now has and was more than happy to do it. Hope it all works out great for you. It sounds like you have a plan in place for your food so that is the biggest hurdle right there. Just take it one minute at a time and remember you are SO worth it :)

segosia
01-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I've been busy and haven't gotten on for several days! It is so great to hear all the motivating posts! Thanks everyone for taking time to post your ideas!

nikkib
01-25-2012, 12:07 PM

I love your positive attitude! Just keep saying that. Make sure you try and drink all your water and eat what you can. You will be so glad you did your best to stick with it when you are feeling better. Hope you are feeling better soon.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 12:09 PM
OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!...I did NOTHING different from last week, I drank my MIO, used Splenda, did the SAME exact thing as the week before. Your body goes through changes EVERY WEEK...THIS is why you have small or no losses at all!

nikkib
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM

That is such a great feeling to actually not want to kill for what others are having at these type of functions! I just had one myself a week ago and after watching everyone stuff themselves with all the carb ladden foods and sit there almost falling asleep, I felt so proud of myself!

YOU GO GIRL!!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi Renewing Myself - I love your site name. Isn't that exactly what we are all doing on this program!

I have a long running problem with water retension (on meds for it) so what I had to do to lose the water may not apply to you. I retain more water than the average person. If I drink too much water or have too much sodium in my diet I swell up. My hands, ankles, feet and even toes will swell up, and if it gets too bad, it goes up my calves. When I started IP I increased my water intake and used the sea salt as directed. I started running into problems so my coach, doctor and I decided I should limit my water to 8 - 9 cups a day and not use the sea salt. Within 2 days all of water was gone. If you have the same problem you may want to decrease your water and salt. But be careful as you may become light headed because you are not getting enough electrolyes. I don't have this problem though because of my body chemistry. Talk to your coach to find the best solution for you. Good luck!

Renewing Myself - I also wanted to add that I do not eat most of the soups. I only use the lower sodium ones (broccoli & cheese and tomato basil) maybe once a week and sometimes the veggie chili (lower in sodium than most soups) and if I having a pasta craving I'll have the spaghetti although it is higher but only like once a month or so. Attached is the nutritional information fact sheet someone else shared. This may help you choose lower sodium options.

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 12:21 PM
That is such a great feeling to actually not want to kill for what others are having at these type of functions! I just had one myself a week ago and after watching everyone stuff themselves with all the carb ladden foods and sit there almost falling asleep, I felt so proud of myself!

YOU GO GIRL!!

Thank you nikkib! Congrats on not giving in and and staying OP :carrot: It was funny, as I watched these people put all that fat and carb filled food in their mouths I thought "how can you eat that".

segosia
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!...I did NOTHING different from last week, I drank my MIO, used Splenda, did the SAME exact thing as the week before. Your body goes through changes EVERY WEEK...THIS is why you have small or no losses at all!

Way to go!! You are truly inspiring! Keep up the good work! Thanks for inspiring all of us on a daily basis!!

nikkib
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM

That is amazing!! Great job! You are such a inspiration Wuv. Even my husband who is def NOT on IP has said WOW she looks great!! I always tell him that there are 2 or 3 others that have lost over 100 lb on here and they are PROOF that anyone can do this if you don't give in :)

Chuckles1330
01-25-2012, 12:23 PM

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Congrats WUV! I am 100% committed to staying OP until I reach my goal and can't wait to buy new cloths along the way. I am also looking forward to wearing cute high heels although the height on some of them now scare me!

nikkib
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Thank you nikkib! Congrats on not giving in and and staying OP :carrot: It was funny, as I watched these people put all that fat and carb filled food in their mouths I thought "how can you eat that".

I KNOW!! I almost felt sick watching them go back for seconds!! That would have been me before tho. NEVER AGAIN.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone, I am LIVING PROOF ( along with a few others) that IF you STICK to the program 100% and NOT LET ANYTHING come between YOU and YOUR GOAL it will HAPPEN!!!

salmongirl
01-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Good morning!!

Funny, I haven't noticed getting taller yet but when I was gaining the weight I definelty noticed my pants got shorter! I am looking forward to them getting longer again! ;)

salmongirl
01-25-2012, 12:45 PM

I've had some challenges staying OP this week - not so much with temptation, but with organization and time. Last two nights I've had a packet for dinner (rather late) but no veggies. Obviously have to get myself more organized, and I have a question - can you prepare things like pudding packages in advance and have them keep well in the fridge?

Day 12...

Organization is the key. I keep cut up veggies in the fridge at all times. Last night I got home late but had a veggie soup ready in 10 minutes. You can do it. The veggies are so important, don't skip out on them!

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Way to go wuv2bloved! So happy for you! Keep it up and thanks for the inspiration! :bravo: :cheer2: :cheer2:

salmongirl
01-25-2012, 12:52 PM
OOOOh yay tomorrow my acct will be 20 days old and I can get a ticker!!!! Super excited about that (its the little things)

I know what you mean, I am looking forward to getting mine too! Twenty days OP, twenty days into a new way of eating! Good job you made it! See you there in 7 or 8 days! :dizzy:

salmongirl
01-25-2012, 12:57 PM

I use a little of the pre-made vanilla drink in my coffee and it is wonderful. It took a couple of days to taste "normal" as I used to have cream and sugar in it but now it is just as tastey and comforting in the morning as the "old way" was.

MustangMolly
01-25-2012, 01:12 PM

Way to go Wuv! That is very inspirational. What, if any, type of exercise to you do?

Renewing Myself
01-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Good Morning IPeeps:

Renewing Myself - I also wanted to add that I do not eat most of the soups. I only use the lower sodium ones (broccoli & cheese and tomato basil) maybe once a week and sometimes the veggie chili (lower in sodium than most soups) and if I having a pasta craving I'll have the spaghetti although it is higher but only like once a month or so. Attached is the nutritional information fact sheet someone else shared. This may help you choose lower sodium options.

LoriLou (my name is Lori as well :D) I picked my username because I am turning 50 in August, starting a new career on Feb 1st and getting this weight off for good! Renew is my word for 2012.

I think I am pretty boring with my food choices so far. I have only had the Broccoli & cheese soup once and for the rest of the time I have only been eating the shakes, puddings and bars for the most part. I am going to have an omelete today at lunch. I have not had any of the restricted veggies and mostly stick to turnip, peppers and celery. Thanks for the nutritional fact sheet. I am wondering if maybe I am not getting enough in a day? I added up everything for my meals yesterday and this is what I took in: Calories = 708; Protein = 108.3; Carbs = 50.08; sugars = 7.8; Sodium = 801. Only thing that is not counted in that is the olive oil.
thanks for any advice you can give!

rokkerchik20
01-25-2012, 01:23 PM
My Little big NSV!!!

My mom came by with xl dbl dbl coffee(my fav) and a box of timbit donuts - I told her i cant have those and she said "go ahead, just one day" As im sure we ALL have heard from our friends and family. After she left, it was a huge battle in my mind - Finally i gave the coffee and the timbits away to a patient that was in the office - Never felt so proud of myself!!

Just had to share with my wonderful IP family
Happy Wednesday Everyone!

rissimo
01-25-2012, 01:25 PM

:carrot::bravo::cb::cp::dance::hat::cheer3::cheer2 ::congrat::broc::crazy::cheer::kickbutt::kickbutt:

So excited for you Lisa!!! You look so good and I am very proud of you!! Keep up the good work, you are such a BIG INSPIRATION to us!!

Jonis
01-25-2012, 01:30 PM
If I just eat salad and veggies with oil at lunch can I make a an extra lean ground beef burrito (using the crepe) for supper? Thoughts?

patns
01-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Wat to go Lisa!!! Important statement in your post there-your body changes every week.

On your first year anniversery you will be saying, "What a difference a year makes!"

lbixby
01-25-2012, 01:32 PM
My Little big NSV!!!

My mom came by with xl dbl dbl coffee(my fav) and a box of timbit donuts - I told her i cant have those and she said "go ahead, just one day" As im sure we ALL have heard from our friends and family. After she left, it was a huge battle in my mind - Finally i gave the coffee and the timbits away to a patient that was in the office - Never felt so proud of myself!!

Good for you! Its hard when our family, who should be our support groups, are sometimes our biggest enemy. They mean well and perhaps they don't really know the harm that it will do. So hats off to you!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
Way to go Wuv! That is very inspirational. What, if any, type of exercise to you do?
I have just in the last few weeks starting doing yoga on the Wii along with some stretches, balancing games and boxing then finish off with a 5 min fast walk. I have unlocked new games daily because I am improving on each pose. I started off at 15 mins and have built myself up to 45 mins a day. I do it for fun more than a workout.

LoriLou (my name is Lori as well :D) I picked my username because I am turning 50 in August, starting a new career on Feb 1st and getting this weight off for good! Renew is my word for 2012.

I think I am pretty boring with my food choices so far. I have only had the Broccoli & cheese soup once and for the rest of the time I have only been eating the shakes, puddings and bars for the most part. I am going to have an omelete today at lunch. I have not had any of the restricted veggies and mostly stick to turnip, peppers and celery. Thanks for the nutritional fact sheet. I am wondering if maybe I am not getting enough in a day? I added up everything for my meals yesterday and this is what I took in: Calories = 708; Protein = 108.3; Carbs = 50.08; sugars = 7.8; Sodium = 801. Only thing that is not counted in that is the olive oil.
You should be getting 800-900 cals a day. List what you are having for a day so we can see and make suggestions to you

If I just eat salad and veggies with oil at lunch can I make a an extra lean ground beef burrito (using the crepe) for supper? Thoughts?

why are you not having a packet at lunch? and you can NOT have a burrito....the wrap is not allowed, you could use romain lettuce as your wrap though

MustangMolly
01-25-2012, 01:36 PM
My Little big NSV!!!

Good for you! I think when family and friends say just one won't hurt or things like that it's because they don't know the 'chemistry' behind IP. I feel very lucky that my husband is so supportive. Last night he actually asked what I had just baked and when I told him it was a diet muffin he asked if he could have one because they smelled so good! LOL then he apologized and said "I shouldn't take your diet food."

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:38 PM
:carrot::bravo::cb::cp::dance::hat::cheer3::cheer2 ::congrat::broc::crazy::cheer::kickbutt::kickbutt:

So excited for you Lisa!!! You look so good and I am very proud of you!! Keep up the good work, you are such a BIG INSPIRATION to us!!
Thank you :hug:

Wat to go Lisa!!! Important statement in your post there-your body changes every week.

On your first year anniversery you will be saying, "What a difference a year makes!"
Yes I will be saying that!!....look at what 9 months has done to me :)

rokkerchik20
01-25-2012, 01:40 PM
wuv2bloved

I just wanted to say, thankyou for your FIRM replies to the No cheating yesterday!
After my mini NSV today, i decided Screw it! Im going to this bachelorette to share some beautiful memories with my Sister - alchohol does not need to be a part of that!!, Plus with me making the food and cocktails, i know i wont feel the need to eat or drink - I will be the sober responsible one to make sure my sister and the rest of the girls all get home safely!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 01:41 PM

I turn 50 in 15 months and want to meet my goal (or darn close to it) by my 50th birthday. I may just reward myself with a convertible!

I just started the program less than 4 weeks ago so I am not an expert but this is what I do:

Breakfast (8 am) - Herb and cheese omelet everyday. It fills me up for a few hours.

Snack (11 am) - Restricted protein bar. Sometimes I skip this because I want the chili or spaghetti or soup with lunch (maybe once every 10 days or so)

Lunch (12:30 pm) - Salad with romaine, and a mix of red cabbage, cucumbers or spinach and WF Thousand Island Dressing and a big squeeze of lemon.

Snack (3 pm) - IP Drink

Dinner (5:30 pm) - 8 oz of protein (never beef, it makes me feel sluggish the next day), 2 cups of veggies and romaine. I use the 2 tsp of olive oil to pan fry my protein or add herbs to it and spread it on and bake. I sometimes use 0/0/0 broth (a 1/4 cup) if I am pan frying to add some moisture to the pan and make a pan sauce. I also use WF Asian or Italian Dressing sometimes when I pan fry or bake.

Snack - (7:45 pm) - IP Pudding. I add extra water to make it into a thick shake.

As I said I am a newbie and just learning how to put things together. There are some good recipes on the Sticky at the beginning of the IP forum.

Wuv may be able to offer some advice to you as well as she has been on IP for 9 months and has been very successful.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
wuv2bloved

I just wanted to say, thankyou for your FIRM replies to the No cheating yesterday!
After my mini NSV today, i decided Screw it! Im going to this bachelorette to share some beautiful memories with my Sister - alchohol does not need to be a part of that!!, Plus with me making the food and cocktails, i know i wont feel the need to eat or drink - I will be the sober responsible one to make sure my sister and the rest of the girls all get home safely!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:OMG....THANK YOU for THIS!!!.....you saying this MAKES ME SO PROUD that you can see that it is NOT all about FOOD!!!....YOU just made my smile EVEN BIGGER than it already was!!!!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
My Little big NSV!!!

Good job not giving in to temptation :carrot: We must sytay strong to stay OP and reach our goals!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM

I don't understand why Wuv told you no? You should have had your IP food for breakfast. one for lunch--or if not one for lunch, then an unrestricted dessert tonight. The crepe is restricted, so if you are using it as your "tortilla" it fits the plan.

Breakfast-1 IP unrestricted
Lunch-no IP
Dinner-1 IP restricted
Dessert-1 IP unrestricted.

Wuv, can you explain why you said no?

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:49 PM
I turn 50 in 15 months and want to meet my goal (or darn close to it) by my 50th birthday. I may just reward myself with a convertible!

I just started the program less than 4 weeks ago so I am not an expert but this is what I do:

Breakfast (8 am) - Herb and cheese omelet everyday. It fills me up for a few hours.

Snack (11 am) - Restricted protein bar. Sometimes I skip this because I want the chili or spaghetti or soup with lunch (maybe once every 10 days or so)

Lunch (12:30 pm) - Salad with romaine, and a mix of red cabbage, cucumbers or spinach and WF Thousand Island Dressing and a big squeeze of lemon.

Snack (3 pm) - IP Drink

Dinner (5:30 pm) - 8 oz of protein (never beef, it makes me feel sluggish the next day), 2 cups of veggies and romaine. I use the 2 tsp of olive oil to pan fry my protein or add herbs to it and spread it on and bake. I sometimes use 0/0/0 broth (a 1/4 cup) if I am pan frying to add some moisture to the pan and make a pan sauce. I also use WF Asian or Italian Dressing sometimes when I pan fry or bake.

Snack - (7:45 pm) - IP Pudding. I add extra water to make it into a thick shake.

As I said I am a newbie and just learning how to put things together. There are some good recipes on the Sticky at the beginning of the IP forum.

Wuv may be able to offer some advice to you as well as she has been on IP for 9 months and has been very successful.

Why are you having 4 packets a day? just curious

idealpromom
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Had #14 WI today and my lowest loss yet .... -1.4. I know why... and I don't need to confess but one thing I do need to do this week and I didn't do last week was journal. I am totally pissed at myself.... stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.
I am going to the cleanse this week - never did it week 4. And... I am going to excercise a bit more!

For those of you exercising.... do you see / feel a difference?

Love all you guys... you are my lifesavers xxxoxox

Renewing Myself
01-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Lorilou - convertible sounds wonderful!! I have already been planning our next winter vacation - maybe me in a two piece!

wuv - here is what I had yesterday, I was satisfied yesterday but feel quite jittery right now. I need some lunch!

breakfast - Peach Mango drink
snack - Cucumbers, celery, yellow and orange peppers - 2 cups
lunch - vanilla pudding, 3 oz roast chicken breast
snack - the round chocolate cookie (couldn't find the nuturitional facts on it)
dinner - 5 oz roast chicken breast, turnip fries (with WF chipotle mayo)

Thanks for your imput. :hug:

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't understand why Wuv told you no? You should have had your IP food for breakfast. one for lunch--or if not one for lunch, then an unrestricted dessert tonight. The crepe is restricted, so if you are using it as your "tortilla" it fits the plan.

Breakfast-1 IP unrestricted
Lunch-no IP
Dinner-1 IP restricted
Dessert-1 IP unrestricted.

Wuv, can you explain why you said no?
She edited after I posted that she would be using a crepe, I said IF she used a lettuce wrap she could have it just not a burrito wrap.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-25-2012, 01:56 PM
She edited after I posted that she would be using a crepe, I said IF she used a lettuce wrap she could have it just not a burrito wrap.

Aha! I thought I was nuts for a moment :)

salmongirl
01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Trying to post a new picture I hope it works

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Lorilou - convertible sounds wonderful!! I have already been planning our next winter vacation - maybe me in a two piece!

wuv - here is what I had yesterday, I was satisfied yesterday but feel quite jittery right now. I need some lunch!

breakfast - Peach Mango drink
snack - Cucumbers, celery, yellow and orange peppers - 2 cups
lunch - vanilla pudding, 3 oz roast chicken breast
snack - the round chocolate cookie (couldn't find the nuturitional facts on it)
dinner - 5 oz roast chicken breast, turnip fries (with WF chipotle mayo)

Thanks for your imput. :hug:
For your afternoon snack if you are having the chocolate chip cookie, I would move that to breakfast since it is so high in carbs so that your body can process it throughout the day. I see nothing wrong with anything else in your menu....This is how my day is.....
B - cinnamon puffs 2 cups of coffee
L - shake/pudding cucumber, I have always just ate a whole cucumber sometimes its 2 cups sometimes less, if it is less I make up for it at dinner time
D - 8 oz of meat 2 cups of veggies (roasted cauliflower, turnip fries)
S - pudding/shake
That is what I had yesterday day and just about everyday except I switch out my dinner veggies

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM

I actually started with 5 during my first week. The second week my coach had me move down to 4. I thought it was because of how much I weigh maybe I need more and then as I lose switch down to 3. But then I saw how others of my size only have 3 packets so I am confused myself. If I see that I am not losing consistantly over two weeks than I guess that will be the time to reduce it. We'll see. I am afraid to lower it to 3 because some days I am very hungry. What are your thoughts on this?

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
I actually started with 5 during my first week. The second week my coach had me move down to 4. I thought it was because of how much I weigh maybe I need more and then as I lose switch down to 3. But then I saw how others of my size only have 3 packets so I am confused myself. If I see that I am not losing consistantly over two weeks than I guess that will be the time to reduce it. We'll see. I am afraid to lower it to 3 because some days I am very hungry. What are your thoughts on this?
I started off Heavier than you at 388lbs and I was ALWAYS just on 3 packets a day. Never have had 4 or 5 packets. If and when I get hungry I will eat some of my veggies, or chew gum, most of the time I just chew gum. Before I started IP I would eat maybe twice a day because I am never hungry, now I eat 3 meals a day and a snack so I don't get hungry between meals

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Ok after looking at some of these posts, I am wondering if I am eating enough protein...... everyone seems to eating way more than me! Any ideas?
:?:

mompattie
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is fantastic, your whole journey is truly inspiring!! You have heard countless times how proud we are of you and how much we valuable all your help and insight on the boards. I am going to say it again! I'm soooo proud of you! You inspire me!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
I started off Heavier than you at 388lbs and I was ALWAYS just on 3 packets a day. Never have had 4 or 5 packets. If and when I get hungry I will eat some of my veggies, or chew gum, most of the time I just chew gum. Before I started IP I would eat maybe twice a day because I am never hungry, now I eat 3 meals a day and a snack so I don't get hungry between meals

I wonder why my coach has me on this many packets? As of Monday I have lost almost 20lbs in 22 days . I guess I will have to see how my weight loss goes to see if I need to reduce.

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 02:19 PM
For your afternoon snack if you are having the chocolate chip cookie, I would move that to breakfast since it is so high in carbs so that your body can process it throughout the day. I see nothing wrong with anything else in your menu....This is how my day is.....
L - shake/pudding cucumber, I have always just ate a whole cucumber sometimes its 2 cups sometimes less, if it is less I make up for it at dinner time
S - pudding/shake
That is what I had yesterday day and just about everyday except I switch out my dinner veggies

Wuv - are you having romaine as well?

Jenboss
01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Well I had my second weigh in - 2 wks and just over 12 pounds - I feel really good. I aslo attempted the boot camp - it was hard - I wasn't weak or lightheaded but I did burn out by the end - my muscles had nothing left. I ate a bar when I got home at the advice of my coach and felt much better within the half hour. As hard as it was (as i am sooo out of shape) im sticking to it!!

geminezmarie
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM

This is my very first day on IP and stumbling across this website is the reason I'm on it to begin with...and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing!

My noob day one started with the wildberry yogurt drink (meh) and a lunch of veggies and spinach salad w/ vanilla pudding. So as I sit in the office, I'm hungrily waiting for my snack time and very happy to read all the inspiration lol. Congratulations on such great progress, dedication & results!!!

PS I was going to use the happy carrot smiley (:carrot:) here but since carrots are not allowed I'll skip it :-)

ATeam
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
My noob day one started with the wildberry yogurt drink (meh) and a lunch of veggies and spinach salad w/ vanilla pudding. So as I sit in the office, I'm hungrily waiting for my snack time and very happy to read all the inspiration lol. Congratulations on such great progress, dedication & results!!!

Hang in there I'm still a noob and started my week 3, I just so use to it now and my favorite has to be the Wildberry drink. Results ? you bet I'm down 17.2 in just two weeks and my wife lost 11.4, ok I keep repeating myself but I still can't get over the fact that we lost so much. :)

Pamelama
01-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Weigh in #7.... down 2.6 pounds... 24.4 (I'm calling it 25) pounds in 7 weeks!!

Lovin' life & IP!! :carrot:

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Ok after looking at some of these posts, I am wondering if I am eating enough protein...... everyone seems to eating way more than me! Any ideas?
:?:
List a daily menu so we can see what you are eating and make suggestions to you

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is fantastic, your whole journey is truly inspiring!! You have heard countless times how proud we are of you and how much we valuable all your help and insight on the boards. I am going to say it again! I'm soooo proud of you! You inspire me!
Thank you and I am glad to help out

Wuv - are you having romaine as well?
Honestly, No I do not eat the romaine. I rarely eat a salad, I am not hungry with what I eat. If I get hungry I will eat a salad but 9 out of 10 times I do not.

This is my very first day on IP and stumbling across this website is the reason I'm on it to begin with...and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing!

PS I was going to use the happy carrot smiley (:carrot:) here but since carrots are not allowed I'll skip it :-)
:broc: But we can have broccoli......lol....Thank you

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 02:48 PM

Congrats! That is fabulous! :carrot::carrot:

nikkib
01-25-2012, 02:51 PM

YAY!! Thats great :)

thin4me
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=rokkerchik20;4188289]My Little big NSV!!!

My mom came by with xl dbl dbl coffee(my fav) and a box of timbit donuts - QUOTE]

Congrats! Dbl Dbl was my favorite also which has changed to a black with splenda - I'm getting use to it.

thin4me
01-25-2012, 02:56 PM

Personally I would eat a packet at lunch and omit the evening snack if you are using that in your burrito - that way you don't have such a large span of time between your breakfast and supper protein

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM

Lol. Had no idea what a donair was and had to look it up....

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-25-2012, 03:01 PM

Good for you for being adventurous and trying something new. I'm planning to try eggplant and turnips soon. I'm generally someone that hates going out of my comfort zone but I'm already betting bored of the same old veggies. Time to stir things up a bit!

phoxiekat
01-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Lurker in....

This is Round #2 for me on IP (was on 12wks last year, down 43lbs, then SURPRISE! BABY ON THE WAY!!! (and this was #3...I do know how those things happen :o) She was born in November:)). I started again 12/31/11.

Anywho, Round #1 I was always on 3 packets a day. Started Round #2 with 3 packets a day for the first two weeks, but my lean muscle mass was falling more than my coach was comfortable with. So she told me to add a 4th packet. My lean muscle mass has been holding steady since then.

Moral of the story is that for me, I apparently need the extra protein. Adding 100 cal and 15-17 g of protein to my day is no biggie in my opinion. And I can see adding the 4th packet for those of us on the higher end of starting weights.

P.S. Gotta give a shout out to all of the SD IPeeps on here!!!

grassfedbeef
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Good idea! I was thinking about that or maybe trying to make some sort of gnocchi out of it--I don't know if I could boil it, but maybe steam it? Then bake with a sauce (or soup). I'm dying to figure it out :)

I'm glad you liked the sandwich! It's a great grab and go option as well.

I haven't made it through the entire thread yet, so I apologize if this has already been shared. There is a recipe in the recipe section for chicken and dumplings. It is made with the crepe mix and baking soda I believe. You drop them into boiling broth. I made them last week and they were pretty amazing. It really felt like a dumpling. Good luck!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-25-2012, 03:19 PM

Splenda and Truvia are okay. You can also mix pudding packets and drink mixes in or WF chocolate syrup.

grassfedbeef
01-25-2012, 03:20 PM
I had my WI yesterday and was down another 3 1/2 pounds! I love IP!:carrot:

Momto2cs
01-25-2012, 03:21 PM
My husband is on 5 packets a day. He started at 270. He is very active and fairly muscular. He lost 15 pounds in the first 2 weeks, so he will stick to 5, where he is not starving, until his losses slow.

mrsmurphy
01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone! I hope everyone has had a successful week so far! Its week four for me. Time is flying by... I did however find myself becoming a little lazy with making sure I was eating everything appropriately. This usually happens once I've lost a little bit of weight I get complacent and my ego gets boosted and i think, i'm good. I have to keep myself focused and determined to keep going. i haven't cheated I just got off my schedule for eating and stuff.

Question, do we have to have a snack in between meals? like I am finding it difficult, because after I have my shake for breakfast i'm not hungry again til lunch and when i have lunch i'm not hungry again until dinner. I was having some pickles in between lunch and dinner or splitting my veggies. So, i'm wondering is it required to have the snacks or can we just do the three meals and lettuce throughout the day?

canadiancandy
01-25-2012, 03:31 PM

Awesome Monto2cs <3 thank you .... my craving left with the smell of the place but i think this is going to be my sat night dinner this week!!

have a great OP day everyone :)

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Congrats on all the NSV's and SV's today!!

Had #14 WI today and my lowest loss yet .... -1.4. I know why... and I don't need to confess but one thing I do need to do this week and I didn't do last week was journal. I am totally pissed at myself.... stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.
I am going to the cleanse this week - never did it week 4. And... I am going to excercise a bit more!

For those of you exercising.... do you see / feel a difference?

Love all you guys... you are my lifesavers xxxoxox

Do some searching through past threads RE the cleanse. There are some past ones, and IIRC most people didn't think it was worth all the extra $$. Might be worth looking into before you decide.

I might try 3 and see how it goes. My coach always said I could go up to 5 if I needed it, but honestly I never did (the cost helped me make that decision! Lol!). Maybe see if you can find other ways to distract from your hunger, but if you really need it and your coach is okay with it go with what works.

Welcome!!!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone! I hope everyone has had a successful week so far! Its week four for me. Time is flying by... I did however find myself becoming a little lazy with making sure I was eating everything appropriately. This usually happens once I've lost a little bit of weight I get complacent and my ego gets boosted and i think, i'm good. I have to keep myself focused and determined to keep going. i haven't cheated I just got off my schedule for eating and stuff.

Question, do we have to have a snack in between meals? like I am finding it difficult, because after I have my shake for breakfast i'm not hungry again til lunch and when i have lunch i'm not hungry again until dinner. I was having some pickles in between lunch and dinner or splitting my veggies. So, i'm wondering is it required to have the snacks or can we just do the three meals and lettuce throughout the day?
I do not have my snack until like 11pm I go to bed around midnight or so. You do not have to have a snack during the day it can be moved to where you are most hungry

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 03:38 PM
B- IP drink packet, coffee, splenda
L- salad, 2 cups veggies, 1 IP packet
D- 6 zo meat, veggies
S- IP Bar
I drink all the water and more.
I feel so hungry today...... going insane. I don't understand it because I can go all day without eating and never feel it. I am def. having carb and sugar withdraws.......

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 03:40 PM

Honestly I don't snack at all. If I'm hungry I might have a few pickle chips or something, but never enough to amount to anything. I'm on the go all the time and would have a hard time remembering my snack all the time. I eat my IP "Snack" in the evening right before bed. I really look forward to my Raspberry Jelly because hubby is usually snacking then when we're watching TV or playing a game so it makes life more normal for me. Plus it's good to have all that protein to go to bed on.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-25-2012, 03:45 PM
I haven't made it through the entire thread yet, so I apologize if this has already been shared. There is a recipe in the recipe section for chicken and dumplings. It is made with the crepe mix and baking soda I believe. You drop them into boiling broth. I made them last week and they were pretty amazing. It really felt like a dumpling. Good luck!

Thank you!!! I will look it up! I'm wondering if anyone has tried the WF alfredo sauce yet, as I am thinking it might be a 'free' way to make it, as opposed to baking it with a broccoli cheese soup.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
D- 6 zo meat, veggies
S- IP Bar
I feel so hungry today...... going insane. I don't understand it because I can go all day without eating and never feel it. I am def. having carb and sugar withdraws.......

I would switch my bar to breakfast or lunch because it has more carbs and cals and will keep you fuller than a drink with very low calories. I would also up my meat to 8ozs if need be put 2 oz with your lunch to make it 8oz. How long have you been on the program so far?

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
D- 6 zo meat, veggies
S- IP Bar

The first thing I see is that you should be having 8oz meat (measured raw) with your dinner. Also, make sure you measure your 2c veggies for dinner (assuming you do, but you don't want to be shortchanging yourself!). I might also switch the bar from your evening snack to breakfast or lunch. It has more carbs in it so it will help keep you satisfied longer (IMO). I eat mine with lunch every day.

Also, how far into the program are you? Since your starting weight and current weight are the same I'm assuming you're in your first couple of days. Usually days 3-5 are the worst for the carb withdraws, but once you get into ketosis you probably won't have near the problem with hunger that you do now.

We have similar starting weights (and I'm only 5'1") and here's what I've had since the beginning:

B: Coffee + Splenda and Cappuccino
L: Bar + 2c peppers or cucumbers
D: 8oz tilapia (or 2 eggs) + 2c roasted cauliflower
S: Raspberry Jelly

Make sure you're getting your oil and supplements in as well as your salt. HTH!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Thank you!!! I will look it up! I'm wondering if anyone has tried the WF alfredo sauce yet, as I am thinking it might be a 'free' way to make it, as opposed to baking it with a broccoli cheese soup.
It is actually ok, of course you have to doctor it up with some spices but my mom did it with some chicken and broccoli and it was yummy!!

doublebaby
01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Thank you so much! Those sound so yummy!

I have no experience with the alternative/diabetic plan, but at the orientation meeting at my with my she said to let her know if you were diabetic because then you would need an extra carb, fruit, and dairy. So they are still using it. This was only last week.

Thank you 3mama for your update. I appreciate it. I will bring it up to my husband and see if it is something he would like to go back to and continue and then go back to our coach and see what's up. He would have about 25lbs or so to lose but he seems to lose as I go along since my cooking has changed.:)

Ducksmy
01-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Thank you guys so much, I will try the bar at lunch. I will also at some more meat to my lunch salad. I am on day 3 and am doing the veggies by 2 cup measure. Supplements and oil are being done to specifications.
One more question if I might. I just fixed spinach leave in the oven and some salt..... are they free or do I count them as my veggies?
Thanks

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Thank you guys so much, I will try the bar at lunch. I will also at some more meat to my lunch salad. I am on day 3 and am doing the veggies by 2 cup measure. Supplements and oil are being done to specifications.
One more question if I might. I just fixed spinach leave in the oven and some salt..... are they free or do I count them as my veggies?
Thanks
OH WOW!.....your body is still detoxing that is why you are hungry and have cravings. spinach counts as a veggie it is NOT free...only Lettuce is free

Renewing Myself
01-25-2012, 04:32 PM
S - pudding/shake

Thanks wuv, looks like I am on track.

omgzitsmiranda
01-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Is turkey pepperoni allowed on phase 1? anyone know? I asked Lisa & she's awaiting a response from her coach; but I didn't know if anyone else knew maybe?

alaskastarr
01-25-2012, 04:44 PM
I am posting this on two threads the daily and the one about cheating because it seem to be spilling over into each one.

It was interesting following this thread. People get pretty upset. One way to look at this is remembering we are foodaholics. Just like alcoholics some times people, "Fall of the wagon." You dont condone it but support them to get back on track. I have lost 60lbs and have been 100% OP. But, I do understand. Also, if it had been 10yrs ago I probably would have struggled too. I say, good for you for trying to change your lives! Even if you have fits and starts. I do notice that some coaches are stricter than others but ultimately you are your own coach. Regardless of what they say just follow the program guidelines. As to what is allowed and what isn't. At the bottom of the outline they give you the first day it says if its 0/0/0 its allowed. Like MIO and crystal lite with splenda and Torani's sugar free syrup. The only person that can stand in your way is you. Be kind and understanding. Everyone needs support. And unless you have walked in the other persons shoes you dont know what drives them. If you want the best results stay on program. And for those 100% OP it is an admirable undertaking. Congrats!! So, relax:-)

Awesome way to put this!!! ^5 :) I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

3mama
01-25-2012, 04:47 PM

Me too, lol! They look yummy though.

Mapc331
01-25-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm new to IP. And so far I love it! I have been on it for 2 weeks and have gone down 12 lbs. :0) I see people posting about seasoning, etc. that are 0/0/0 we are allowed to have. What are we looking for, for the 0/0/0. Just want to know what kind of things to look for in the grocery store to "spice" things up. Thanks!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm new to IP. And so far I love it! I have been on it for 2 weeks and have gone down 12 lbs. :0) I see people posting about seasoning, etc. that are 0/0/0 we are allowed to have. What are we looking for, for the 0/0/0. Just want to know what kind of things to look for in the grocery store to "spice" things up. Thanks!
0carbs/0fats/0sugars

Mapc331
01-25-2012, 05:04 PM
0carbs/0fats/0sugars

Great! Thanks, next time i'm shopping I will be checking labels! :)

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-25-2012, 05:06 PM
My Little big NSV!!!

Good job resisting temptation! It must be hard to have someone try and tempt you with "just one day". Good for you for knowing better...

Linden
01-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Is turkey pepperoni allowed on phase 1? anyone know? I asked Lisa & she's awaiting a response from her coach; but I didn't know if anyone else knew maybe?

Have you checked the amount of sodium? Nitrate and nitrite preservatives?

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM

It is allowed, however, it is very high in sodium so should be eaten at last resort if at all possible. My coach said don't eat it every day and don't eat it often.....Just saying what my coach said :)

Giniwarrior
01-25-2012, 05:53 PM
I am have been glad for this site because I like following people's success and knowing it is possible to achieve our goal. I have found great recipes. God Bless Finn, he is the best. I think I will stay in the shadows for the most part now because the us vs them mentality just doesn't sit well in my heart. I will continue to stay 100% OP. Good luck to everyone:-) May you all reach your goals. Gini

omgzitsmiranda
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
It is allowed, however, it is very high in sodium so should be eaten at last resort if at all possible. My coach said don't eat it every day and don't eat it often.....Just saying what my coach said :)

Okay :) I was just simply wondering if I wanted the "crunchy" factor sometimes :) Thanks for finding out for me Miss Lisa!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 06:04 PM
I am have been glad for this site because I like following people's success and knowing it is possible to achieve our goal. I have found great recipes. God Bless Finn, he is the best. I think I will stay in the shadows for the most part now because the us vs them mentality just doesn't sit well in my heart. I will continue to stay 100% OP. Good luck to everyone:-) May you all reach your goals. Gini
I am sorry you feel its is a Us vs them metality but it is disheartening to those of us who stay 100% OP and always are encouraging others to stay OP and be true to themselves and keep seeing people cheat because they give in to temptation. It is a choice to be made as to what we do IF you want to lose weight then you will not let temptation come between you and that goal. We all need support but when the majority (not all by no means)is cheating its hard to continue doing so.Its like beating your head against the wall and getting no where. There are TONS on threads on here about cheating.....if those that want to cheat or think about cheating would take the time to read them they would see that they are not the first ones to have these feelings and can see how others cope with the temptations.....ok again, I am sorry you feel this way

omgzitsmiranda
01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
I am sorry you feel its is a Us vs them metality but it is disheartening to those of us who stay 100% OP and always are encouraging others to stay OP and be true to themselves and keep seeing people cheat because they give in to temptation. It is a choice to be made as to what we do IF you want to lose weight then you will not let temptation come between you and that goal. We all need support but when the majority (not all by no means)is cheating its hard to continue doing so.Its like beating your head against the wall and getting no where. There are TONS on threads on here about cheating.....if those that want to cheat or think about cheating would take the time to read them they would see that they are not the first ones to have these feelings and can see how others cope with the temptations.....ok again, I am sorry you feel this way

"like" x a million.

New Englander
01-25-2012, 06:42 PM
I recently gave up my "carmelized" veggies and boy did my weight loss show it! I didn't realize I was carmelizing my turnips when I would bake them so much they would turn brown...I just thought they were burnt (and I didn't mind that 'cause they were crunchy)...well...I was wrong...and I miss them, but the sugars were coming out of themand stalling my weight loss...I went from averaging 2.2 pounds per week to an average of 3.5!!! Woo hoo!!! Sticking to this plan can get hard at times...especially when you think you're doing it right!!! :) Can't wait to see what my weigh in tomorrow brings... :)

lindac36
01-25-2012, 06:52 PM
OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh).

Yippie for you! Way to go!!!:dizzy:

Giniwarrior
01-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I respect what your saying, however like I indicated in another post addiction to food is similar to addiction to alcohol. So, although we shouldn't condone cheating we should encourage people to get back on track. Addictions are multifaceted. Its like a line has been drawn in the sand here. I have not cheated nor do I intend to. Encouraging people to get back on track is not saying, "Okay, here is a quick pat on the head so just cheat away." Thats not what I am saying. Every individual's situation is different. I have read the different threads and think that some want validation for cheating but, others are simply struggling. The situation is not only on threads that are for cheaters and for 100% OP it spills into other threads.
I see people every day in my job fighting to live. So, I guess it changes my perspective in how I feel about people fighting to just change their lives. Its a struggle. I just dont feel its so cut and dry. That said I thinks its great that you give the encouragement that you do to everyone. That you have done so well in your journey is encouragement in itself. Anyway, this is just my opinon and you know what they say about opinions...............

lindac36
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
LoriLou I have not had any of the restricted veggies and mostly stick to turnip, peppers and celery.

What do you do with and how do you cook the turnips. They were great when I made veggie soup, but, when I tried turnip fries...well, they were pretty icky, even the pups didn't want them and they really do eat anything (guess I can't say that any more).
Linda

lindac36
01-25-2012, 07:25 PM

I can only speak for myself, but, my coach has me on 4 packets a day until I reach 200, then she said she would back down to three.

lindac36
01-25-2012, 07:32 PM

Perfect! Love life every day!!

lindac36
01-25-2012, 07:34 PM

Wow, there's an idea! Kabobs on the grill with all the veggies but onions..I can do that!

lindac36
01-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I had my WI yesterday and was down another 3 1/2 pounds! I love IP!:carrot:

Hurray!

PeggyG
01-25-2012, 07:55 PM
I recently gave up my "carmelized" veggies and boy did my weight loss show it! I didn't realize I was carmelizing my turnips when I would bake them so much they would turn brown...I just thought they were burnt (and I didn't mind that 'cause they were crunchy)...well...I was wrong...and I miss them, but the sugars were coming out of themand stalling my weight loss...I went from averaging 2.2 pounds per week to an average of 3.5!!! Woo hoo!!! Sticking to this plan can get hard at times...especially when you think you're doing it right!!! :) Can't wait to see what my weigh in tomorrow brings... :)

Oh my gosh. I'm doing the same thing. Love those turnips roasted dark and I've had them often as there aren't too many veggies on the list that I like. Never thought it might cause a slow down in losses though. I have been on the program since Jan 4th, so still learning. Had my third weigh-in today and lost another 1.75 for a total of 11.5 pounds (with 8.75 of that the first wk). I am not a bit unhappy with my progress so far, as I feel GREAT, better than I have in a long time. Was shocked at how much that 11.5 pounds has made on my knees and a hip that are always uncomfortable when I go up and down stairs. Was shocked the other day when I realized I had run up and down the stairs several times in a fraction of the time it usually takes me and completely pain free. Also went to the doctor yesterday and blood work-up came back better than it has been in years. Thanks for sharing the turnip information. Will be taking that to heart.

Marcella
01-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Is anyone here using the Proti diet line and is lactose intolerant? If I'm going to make the switch this is extremely important for me. Thank you.

Tammywhiz
01-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi Everyone !

Tomorrow will be the end of my third week and my WI time. I was thrilled with week 1 results at 7lbs, but a little disheartened when the scale only moved 0.2 on week #2. I am really hoping to see the scale needle move this week. (keep your fingers crossed for me)

IP is a great diet, I am not hungry and have no cravings, 1st time ever. All you guys are great too. I look forward to reviewing the posts at night and getting that extra motivation to continue on.

Tried the turnip fries tonight and loved them. I will definately be doing them again.

AussieonIP
01-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey all

Well tomorrow is the big day!!! Day 1 of the IP, Most excited!! My breakfast is out on the bench, cuppacino shake and a shot of nesspresso, lunch is packed - 1 packet, bag of lettuce, 4 celery sticks and 4 medium sized broccilli heads, snack at work will
Be a strawberry pudding, I have those bars but have decided to wait until week 4 before tucking into the restricted foods, also packed my vitamins, a little grape seed oil and sea salt!!!! Good bye 60 pounds forever!!!!

I quick question, it's was never answered in the newbie thread, Advil and tylenol is that allowed?

Cheers/S....

Jonis
01-25-2012, 09:04 PM
You move to phase 2 when 80% of your goal weight is achieved or 90%? I'm thinking probably 90% is better yes?

Jonis
01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Into week 3 of OP. Lost 8.2 at WI#2 but haven't lost any inches. I'm concerned that I'm losing muscle weight and not fat.

trimup2day
01-25-2012, 09:14 PM

OMG, I too "carmelized" my veggies in the third week when I was trying new recipes.... Now I know. After a 5 lb loss in week one and two, then nothing the third week i chose to revert back to the very basics this week so I'm hoping for a loss. So thankfull for this forum as I too thought I was sticking to the plan and doing it right. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

mtnsun4
01-25-2012, 09:18 PM
mtnsun4,
You can do this! Keep on plugging along! I am an emotional eater as well, so I feel your struggle! I have faith you can get thru this! Be strong!
Blessings!

Thank you!!

Happy news! The judge ruled in our favor to change my daughter's last name.....we are all so happy, including my daughter!

I am proud of myself as well! Stayed OP despite the emotional day. I stuck to my plan and did not even come close to being tempted. :carrot:

mtnsun4
01-25-2012, 09:22 PM

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 8oz frozen crab
Seasoning of choice
EVOO or spray butter

Thanks for posting this! YUM! Sounds really good!

mtnsun4
01-25-2012, 09:24 PM
I feel for you. I had my daughters last name changed when she was almost 4. We had no problems with it. Her bio father is a turd and was in prison at the time. I think the judge seen what a loving family she now has and was more than happy to do it. Hope it all works out great for you. It sounds like you have a plan in place for your food so that is the biggest hurdle right there. Just take it one minute at a time and remember you are SO worth it :)

Thank you so much! Yes, it was worth it and I AM worth it! That is why I stuck to my guns and didn't cheat.

mtnsun4
01-25-2012, 09:26 PM

Excellent job! SOOOOOO inspiring! :hug:

Jag23
01-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Finely a day off! So much to do,I don't need exercise outside,cause doing IT all is enough! Have had a great OP day and hope everyone is doing well..........

socalgirl83
01-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I've read a couple of time about not being able to use cooked onions. Is that true for all types of onions? White, red, green? I usually start a lot of my meat dishes with sauteeing onions and garlic is that bad?

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Hey all

Well tomorrow is the big day!!! Day 1 of the IP, Most excited!! My breakfast is out on the bench, cuppacino shake and a shot of nesspresso, lunch is packed - 1 packet, bag of lettuce, 4 celery sticks and 4 medium sized broccilli heads, snack at work will
Be a strawberry pudding, I have those bars but have decided to wait until week 4 before tucking into the restricted foods, also packed my vitamins, a little grape seed oil and sea salt!!!! Good bye 60 pounds forever!!!!

I quick question, it's was never answered in the newbie thread, Advil and tylenol is that allowed?

Cheers/S....
either one is good, I use both :)

You move to phase 2 when 80% of your goal weight is achieved or 90%? I'm thinking probably 90% is better yes?
When you are 90% is when you go to Phase 2

NavyMommy
01-25-2012, 10:27 PM
I've read a couple of time about not being able to use cooked onions. Is that true for all types of onions? White, red, green? I usually start a lot of my meat dishes with sauteeing onions and garlic is that bad?

The garlic is okay, but onions release their natural sugars when heated which is why we have to avoid cooked onions.

Gardengurl71
01-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Hello Ipeeps! I am behind in my reading, it's been a busy week so far. I did have my weigh in Tuesday. I lost 2.6 lbs....but more importantly I lost 12 inches...6 from waist!!!! That is Inches lost Since starting...total...but that was only 4 weeks ago!!!!!! I cringe at the months ( no years) I spent on ww making little progress...just a hamster in a wheel. I am so glad I found IP!

Congrats to everyone on their losses and NSV's! Keep on keepin' on!

socalgirl83
01-25-2012, 10:40 PM
The garlic is okay, but onions release their natural sugars when heated which is why we have to avoid cooked onions.

Thanks NavyMommy, now Im totally bummed I've been using onions this week :( Live and learn hopefully I didn't mess it all up.

nikkib
01-25-2012, 10:42 PM

I always have my snack 15 minutes before I go to bed.

nikkib
01-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Lurker in....

This is Round #2 for me on IP (was on 12wks last year, down 43lbs, then SURPRISE! BABY ON THE WAY!!! (and this was #3...I do know how those things happen :o) She was born in November:)). I started again 12/31/11.

Anywho, Round #1 I was always on 3 packets a day. Started Round #2 with 3 packets a day for the first two weeks, but my lean muscle mass was falling more than my coach was comfortable with. So she told me to add a 4th packet. My lean muscle mass has been holding steady since then.

Moral of the story is that for me, I apparently need the extra protein. Adding 100 cal and 15-17 g of protein to my day is no biggie in my opinion. And I can see adding the 4th packet for those of us on the higher end of starting weights.

P.S. Gotta give a shout out to all of the SD IPeeps on here!!!

WOW I admire you for starting IP again right away. Ya they say this program can make you a fertile mertyl. Congrats on your daughter :)

newmom7611
01-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone on more losses and inches down!! That is wonderful. I'm feeling great. I've been in better moods lately. I think it has alot to do with my new sense of confidence.

I see several posts on the turnip fries. I bought some turnips tonight so I can try them, again. I tried them in the first week of IP and didn't like them. I put too much o/o on them and they were really soft and soggy. They tasted like dirt.... Like actual dirt. Maybe my tastes have changed, so I can add another veggie?! That would be awesome. So even tho I love a crispy fry, I don't want to caramelize them so how should I cook them? How long, at what temp...? Should I slighty brown them then take them out right away or should I not even let them color? Any suggestions would be great.

MaMaZu
01-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Hello Ipeeps! I am behind in my reading, it's been a busy week so far. I did have my weigh in Tuesday. I lost 2.6 lbs....but more importantly I lost 12 inches...6 from waist!!!! That is Inches lost Since starting...total...but that was only 4 weeks ago!!!!!! I cringe at the months ( no years) I spent on ww making little progress...just a hamster in a wheel. I am so glad I found IP!

Awesome with all those inches lost!
Feel the same about WWs, happy to be here too!

nikkib
01-25-2012, 10:54 PM

Mrs. Dash has lat least 10 flavors that are great. The chili lime tastes a lot like taco seasoning to me. As far as I know they are all 0/0/0. I have a whole side of my spice cupboard full of them.

wyo1963
01-25-2012, 10:56 PM
I respect what your saying, however like I indicated in another post addiction to food is similar to addiction to alcohol. So, although we shouldn't condone cheating we should encourage people to get back on track. Addictions are multifaceted. Its like a line has been drawn in the sand here. I have not cheated nor do I intend to. Encouraging people to get back on track is not saying, "Okay, here is a quick pat on the head so just cheat away." Thats not what I am saying. Every individual's situation is different. I have read the different threads and think that some want validation for cheating but, others are simply struggling. The situation is not only on threads that are for cheaters and for 100% OP it spills into other threads.
I see people every day in my job fighting to live. So, I guess it changes my perspective in how I feel about people fighting to just change their lives. Its a struggle. I just dont feel its so cut and dry. That said I thinks its great that you give the encouragement that you do to everyone. That you have done so well in your journey is encouragement in itself. Anyway, this is just my opinon and you know what they say about opinions...............

Far be it from me to be perfect. Everyone needs encouragement and to know that others are not perfect and may or may not struggle is part of having relationships. Isn't that what this is for- building friendships and encouraging each other. Who needs a thread if we're perfect and never need encouragment to get through a tuff time. Encouragement isn't just for those who never fall off the wagon. :hug: Thank you for bring your point up.

grassfedbeef
01-25-2012, 10:59 PM
I see so many people posting about turnips, yet they are on my forbidden list for Phase I. Anyone else?

nikkib
01-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank you!!

Happy news! The judge ruled in our favor to change my daughter's last name.....we are all so happy, including my daughter!

I am proud of myself as well! Stayed OP despite the emotional day. I stuck to my plan and did not even come close to being tempted. :carrot:

I am so happy for you! I was hoping all day things would work out. Good for you staying OP also :)

THISTIME4ME
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
SOUP SANDWICH
1 packet broccoli cheddar soup
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg white
1/2 - 3/4 oz lunch meat (1-2 slices)
2 lettuce leaves
Sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
2 oz water (about a shot glass)

Whisk egg white in a bowl. Add baking powder to soup packet and stir. Add packet contents to bowl and mix with rubber spatula. Slowly add water and continue mixing. Spray a waffle iron or sandwich maker generously with olive oil. Add soup batter and cook for 7 minutes in sandwich maker or 4 1/2 minutes in waffle iron. Remove and allow to cool before assembling sandwich. If bread seems soggy, finish it in a toaster oven or regular oven for 1-2 minutes at 350.

Hi Bubbly!!! Thanks for posting this again...
I finally decided to try this using the chicken soup which was ordered for me by mistake. I am not a big fan the taste of chicken, (let alone fake chicken taste) and I thought maybe changing the texture from soup would help. I was right.
It actually wasn't too bad at all. I did pair it with my favorite vegetable meal, baby bok choy, I 'm sure that helped :) I'm anxious to try other soups now.
I know I will like the broccoli cheese soup bread.

Heidi

lindac36
01-25-2012, 11:18 PM

Good for YOU! That's what keeps us all coming here and sticking with the program. Congrats, I bet you have a new belt to keep those pants and skirts on, don't you?!

lindac36
01-25-2012, 11:23 PM
I see so many people posting about turnips, yet they are on my forbidden list for Phase I. Anyone else?

Turnips are not forbidden. They are in the 'select' grouping.

lindac36
01-25-2012, 11:24 PM
I finally decided to try this using the chicken soup which was ordered for me by mistake. I am not a big fan the taste of chicken, (let alone fake chicken taste) and I thought maybe changing the texture from soup would help. I was right.
It actually wasn't too bad at all. I did pair it with my favorite vegetable meal, baby bok choy, I 'm sure that helped :) I'm anxious to try other soups now.

Heidi

I'd love to hear what you do with bok choy. I'm up for trying something new.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 11:24 PM

What is the date of your sheet?

grassfedbeef
01-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Turnips are not forbidden. They are in the 'select' grouping.

Not on my sheet...they are on the list of veggies NOT allowed.

grassfedbeef
01-25-2012, 11:27 PM
What is the date of your sheet?

I'll have to go look. It's what I got when I joined in September

zzsmom
01-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Awesome with all those inches lost!
Feel the same about WWs, happy to be here too!

And I feel that way about Jenny Craig!

newmom7611
01-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Oh no :( so are turnips a no go? I'm nervous now. I'll ask my coach at my weigh in tomorrow , but I'm afraid this clinic is very new and still learning themselves. I think I'm more educated on the program then they are, seriously :/ thank goodness for you guys :)

patns
01-25-2012, 11:46 PM

Turnip is on my list of OK veggies for phase 1. but I also have another sheet the coach gave me that says "no root vegetables of any kind" for phase 1 and 2. I never did try to figure out how to do the turnip fries anyway. lots of people say they are terrific, and also lots say they turned out terrible. So not sure how it is best to cook them.

Also did I read that they are now saying to stay on phase1 until you reach you goal or did I dream that.

pat

THISTIME4ME
01-25-2012, 11:56 PM

Can you have an IP Packet and regular Protein in the same meal? For some reason, I thought it was either/or.

Shemsham
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Just tried the strawberry pudding and I'm not a fan - anyone use them for a recipe they could point me to? ~Tammy

PeggyG
01-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Can you have an IP Packet and regular Protein in the same meal? For some reason, I thought it was either/or.

Interesting question. I too had wondered this. Today I purchased from my coach the cookbook "My Ideal Recipes" 250 Scrumptious Ways To Enjoy Your Meals. The author, Chef Verati at the beginning of each section has a list of "Tips and tricks" and on page 66 (Poultry) he states the following. "When using Ideal Protein foods in any recipe, it is important to understand that they do not count towards your total mandatory envelopes per day."

It is my understanding that the recipes in this cookbook are written for Phase 1 and 2. In reading the Author's Preface he states that he spent 18 years being overweight and decided to follow the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method in hopes that he would see his children grow up. (I'm paraphrasing here... not exact quote.) Five months later he had lost 100 pounds , let his job at Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa and went to work for Ideal Protein. The book has a publication date of 2011, so I would believe that this is current information. I do intend to get my coach's blessing before I try this. Hope this helps.

wuv2bloved
01-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Interesting question. I too had wondered this. Today I purchased from my coach the cookbook "My Ideal Recipes" 250 Scrumptious Ways To Enjoy Your Meals. The author, Chef Verati at the beginning of each section has a list of "Tips and tricks" and on page 66 (Poultry) he states the following. "When using Ideal Protein foods in any recipe, it is important to understand that they do not count towards your total mandatory envelopes per day."

It is my understanding that the recipes in this cookbook are written for Phase 1 and 2. In reading the Author's Preface he states that he spent 18 years being overweight and decided to follow the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method in hopes that he would see his children grow up. (I'm paraphrasing here... not exact quote.) Five months later he had lost 100 pounds , let his job at Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa and went to work for Ideal Protein. The book has a publication date of 2011, so I would believe that this is current information. I do intend to get my coach's blessing before I try this. Hope this helps.
It is my understanding that when you are cooking for more than ONE person, as in the cookbook you are referring too, NONE of the recipes are for only ONE person, most of them are for 2 or more servings. I was told by my coach that IF you use say southwestern cheese puffs for a breading but don't use the WHOLE packet then you would not count it or if you used the whole packet but for a serving of more than one you wouldn't count it as a packet but IF you were to use the WHOLE packet and its it only for YOU to eat at one meal then you count is as a packet....I hope this makes sense

PeggyG
01-26-2012, 12:58 AM
It is my understanding that when you are cooking for more than ONE person, as in the cookbook you are referring too, NONE of the recipes are for only ONE person, most of them are for 2 or more servings. I was told by my coach that IF you use say southwestern cheese puffs for a breading but don't use the WHOLE packet then you would not count it or if you used the whole packet but for a serving of more than one you wouldn't count it as a packet but IF you were to use the WHOLE packet and its it only for YOU to eat at one meal then you count is as a packet....I hope this makes sense

Yes, that does make sense since some of the recipes call for more than 1 pkg of IP foods. It certainly is a gorgeous cookbook! I'm picking up lots of ideas from it. Chef Verati uses Walden Farms products in most all of the recipes. I hope to get lots of inspiration from it to use in cooking for my husband who is diabetic.

THISTIME4ME
01-26-2012, 01:07 AM
I'd love to hear what you do with bok choy. I'm up for trying something new.

Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick pan, then chop the bottoms off the baby bok choy (so the leaves separate- there will still be small "bulbs", those will cook quickly) and add the b b c to the pan. Then turn down the heat to medium low, stir and put a lid on the pan. After a few minutes, I add a little garlic and salt and pepper, stir again and then turn the heat off and put the lid back on. A few minutes later, I put them on my plate :)

Sorry if I'm too detailed, or not enough. That's just how I do it, I like to cook, but I'm not that knowledgeable. :frypan:

Linden
01-26-2012, 03:16 AM
B: Coffee + Splenda and Cappuccino
L: Bar + 2c peppers or cucumbers
D: 8oz tilapia (or 2 eggs) + 2c roasted cauliflower
S: Raspberry Jelly

Would you mind an observation? Well, 2 really. The Jelly doesn't have all the essential amino acids. I think it's recommended for the 4th packet or for occasionally. And 8 oz of tilapia (225 grams) has 45.2 grams of protein; 2 eggs have 12.6.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 10:10 AM

Heidi

I can't wait to try the chicken bread, myself! I think they might be good as muffins/biscuits to have with a salad.

Just tried the strawberry pudding and I'm not a fan - anyone use them for a recipe they could point me to? ~Tammy

Make them into waffles! FinnSteve's thread has a great recipe for them, I believe it is a pinch of baking powder (1/4-1/2 tsp), 2 beaten egg whites (I only use 1) and strictly 2 oz water. Spray your waffle iron well with oil and cook for about 4 minutes.

Or, you can use that recipe to make them into little drop cookies--use parchment paper and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.

lindac36
01-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick pan, then chop the bottoms off the baby bok choy (so the leaves separate- there will still be small "bulbs", those will cook quickly) and add the b b c to the pan. Then turn down the heat to medium low, stir and put a lid on the pan. After a few minutes, I add a little garlic and salt and pepper, stir again and then turn the heat off and put the lid back on. A few minutes later, I put them on my plate :)

Sorry if I'm too detailed, or not enough. That's just how I do it, I like to cook, but I'm not that knowledgeable. :frypan:

Thanks, I am going to try it this weekend.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Far be it from me to be perfect. Everyone needs encouragement and to know that others are not perfect and may or may not struggle is part of having relationships. Isn't that what this is for- building friendships and encouraging each other. Who needs a thread if we're perfect and never need encouragment to get through a tuff time. Encouragement isn't just for those who never fall off the wagon. :hug: Thank you for bring your point up.

Gini, I think this is very well said, and I hope you don't remain in the shadows, and Wyo1963, I think you said it well also. I think it's really important to admit publicly what mistakes we make so that we can take responsibility for them--but to do that, we have to be ready to accept the consequences (i.e. what feedback we get in return). Also, it can serve as a lesson to others who might be teetering on the edge, so that they can see how much it might cost them to make a conscious choice in the wrong direction.
I can also see that talking about it might be demotivational to others who are offering support from the heart and feeling that their words are falling on deaf ears. My opinion on that front is to not take it personally, as we are only responsible for ourselves, but to expend your wonderfully positive energy on those who are most responsive to it. If that means 2 threads, I guess that is one solution, although I think the way they are named is a bit black and white.
I thank all of you for your support and encouragement and love reading about your victories, struggles, weather reports, chores, work, families, lives...this is truly a little community and like all communities, sometimes we have a hiccup or two. So, hopefully we can all remember why we came here in the first place and continue on in the spirit of goodwill and friendship. :hug:

PeggyG
01-26-2012, 03:29 PM

I could have written both of these post, maybe not so eloquently, but my thoughts mirror yours exactly. I thank you so much for having the courage to address the issue as it has bothered me since I started reading this site a couple months ago. I understand "tough love", and I hope that is what some of this is (at least that is what I keep telling myself), but even though I have been "lucky" enough to have had a very easy transition into this diet/life change, I for the most part fear posting because of saying/doing something wrong or having my posts misunderstood. That happened with my very first post, and I found it extremely upsetting, almost to the point of thinking that maybe this wasn't the right message board for me. In the past something even as simple as a misunderstood post would have sent me to the kitchen in search for anything and everything I could find to eat.

I'm sure there will be a day that for some reason I will deviate from this plan's protocol. Will I share it here? Probably not. I just don't think I would feel comfortable with the "tough love" approach that if I deviate even a little (or a lot) that maybe this life change is not for me. Will I share that with my coach? You betcha! I have come to appreciate her so much and I know that she could work me through it. That's what makes a good coach! Having heard how she handles the clients ahead of me each week I know she would be fair with me. We are all different, what works for some certainly may not work for others.

You know in the last couple of days there has been discussion on "turnips", how to cook them, how not to, and if baking them until crispy brings out the sugar in them. I had never thought about that before and that was the way I'm cooking mine... crispy. I was sharing that with someone this morning and they asked me if I was satisfied with the amount of weight I had lost in my first 3 weigh-ins? Absolutely I am! And their answer was that even if my losses have not been as great as maybe some others on this plan, isn't that all that matters. I had to think about that a little and decided I will continue to make my turnip fries crispy, even if it slows things down a little. Do I appreciate the information and the person who posted it? Yes. But I'm totally happy with the rate that the weight is coming off even if it might be slowed down slightly by crispy turnips so I'm not going to change a thing. I really should I be comparing what I'm doing to what someone who has much more, or less than I have to lose. Each and every one of us is so unique.

So with this post, I too will probably go back into "lurk" mode. Am I sad about that? Yes. I would have liked to have thought I might have been able to help or encourage someone else in some small way. I will continue to listen to "my" coach, and even if the information she gives me is not 100% consistent with what others might say here, how do I know that you or your coach has correct or better information.

I wish all of you great success on your individual journeys with this life change. I know for me it has been nothing short of miraculous in how I feel. My knees, my hips and most importantly my mind have not felt this good in decades. But I refuse to allow negative or tough love postings to bring me down.

Again Giniwarrior, thank you for posting your thoughts. Both have really helped me to work through mine. :hug:

grassfedbeef
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I could have written both of these post, maybe not so eloquently, but my thoughts mirror yours exactly. I thank you so much for having the courage to address the issue as it has bothered me since I started reading this site a couple months ago. I understand "tough love", and I hope that is what some of this is (at least that is what I keep telling myself), but even though I have been "lucky" enough to have had a very easy transition into this diet/life change, I for the most part fear posting because of saying/doing something wrong or having my posts misunderstood. That happened with my very first post, and I found it extremely upsetting, almost to the point of thinking that maybe this wasn't the right message board for me. In the past something even as simple as a misunderstood post would have sent me to the kitchen in search for anything and everything I could find to eat.

I'm sure there will be a day that for some reason I will deviate from this plan's protocol. Will I share it here? Probably not. I just don't think I would feel comfortable with the "tough love" approach that if I deviate even a little (or a lot) that maybe this life change is not for me. Will I share that with my coach? You betcha! I have come to appreciate her so much and I know that she could work me through it. That's what makes a good coach! Having heard how she handles the clients ahead of me each week I know she would be fair with me. We are all different, what works for some certainly may not work for others.

You know in the last couple of days there has been discussion on "turnips", how to cook them, how not to, and if baking them until crispy brings out the sugar in them. I had never thought about that before and that was the way I'm cooking mine... crispy. I was sharing that with someone this morning and they asked me if I was satisfied with the amount of weight I had lost in my first 3 weigh-ins? Absolutely I am! And their answer was that even if my losses have not been as great as maybe some others on this plan, isn't that all that matters. I had to think about that a little and decided I will continue to make my turnip fries crispy, even if it slows things down a little. Do I appreciate the information and the person who posted it? Yes. But I'm totally happy with the rate that the weight is coming off even if it might be slowed down slightly by crispy turnips so I'm not going to change a thing. I really should I be comparing what I'm doing to what someone who has much more, or less than I have to lose. Each and every one of us is so unique.

So with this post, I too will probably go back into "lurk" mode. Am I sad about that? Yes. I would have liked to have thought I might have been able to help or encourage someone else in some small way. I will continue to listen to "my" coach, and even if the information she gives me is not 100% consistent with what others might say here, how do I know that you or your coach has correct or better information.

I wish all of you great success on your individual journeys with this life change. I know for me it has been nothing short of miraculous in how I feel. My knees, my hips and most importantly my mind have not felt this good in decades. But I refuse to allow negative or tough love postings to bring me down.

Again Giniwarrior, thank you for posting your thoughts. Both have really helped me to work through mine. :hug:

Hi PeggyG. Just curious, where in IL are you from? I'm in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Great post PeggyG,

Please don't stop sharing with us!!!! You are doing a great job, and hooray for you for deciding to do what is best for yourself. That's one of the lessons we are all trying to learn here. I hope that you continue to come here for support and feel free to PM me for any reason. I am happy to listen and encourage you--I'm not perfect either. Even though I am pretty new to this plan, it has changed my life in many ways and the support I've gotten here has helped so much. Stay positive and keep up the good work!

NavyMommy
01-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Wuv hasn't been around to close this one, but here's the link (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251497-ip-daily-chat-thursday-1-26-12-a-9.html)for today's thread. :)

New Englander
01-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Please keep sharing how you've been successful at losing weight, I will. If I find out I'm doing something wrong I'll share it with you (especially if it's related to the plan and not to a person's body type/makeup). I hope everyone continues to share because I've learned so much on this site and can't wait to continue to learn more!

New Englander
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM

Peggy, I posted about the turnips because you're not suppose to cook them until they're crispy and I learned that after doing it for several weeks and then my coach told me it wasn't part of the plan because it brings out the sugar. I wasn't telling anyone to change. I was simply sharing my experience with making the change. Sorry you took my sharing of information so personally. I think you have more going in your life and your venting to this site... be well and please continue to reach out to those who can offer you support. Be well.

MustangMolly
01-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Great post PeggyG,

Please don't stop sharing with us!!!! You are doing a great job, and hooray for you for deciding to do what is best for yourself. That's one of the lessons we are all trying to learn here. I hope that you continue to come here for support and feel free to PM me for any reason. I am happy to listen and encourage you--I'm not perfect either. Even though I am pretty new to this plan, it has changed my life in many ways and the support I've gotten here has helped so much. Stay positive and keep up the good work!

I, too, would hope that you would stay on the boards. While I do enjoy the 100% thread it is because I am the kind of person who needs a kick in the butt along with my pat on the back. I am motivated by other peoples success and will take that where I can find it. Good luck to you with your journey.

PeggyG
01-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Peggy, I posted about the turnips because you're not suppose to cook them until they're crispy and I learned that after doing it for several weeks and then my coach told me it wasn't part of the plan because it brings out the sugar. I wasn't telling anyone to change. I was simply sharing my experience with making the change. Sorry you took my sharing of information so personally. I think you have more going in your life and your venting to this site... be well and please continue to reach out to those who can offer you support. Be well.

Well, lurking didn't last long did it... lol. NO NO NO, I didn't take your post personally. I used it to help show what I was saying about how we are all different. At first I thought... oh my GOSH, I'm cooking them wrong. But I love them so much that way that I am making the "choice" to continue cooking them that way. Is it off program? Possibly. Do I care, frankly no. I'm just not going to worry about it UNLESS I stop losing completely or at a rate I'm not satisfied with. I loved the fact that you shared that info with us/me. But my first thought was I needed to change what I was doing. You didn't tell me to change, that was my thoughts. My friend pointed out to me that if I was completely satisfied with my weight loss I shouldn't have to give up the crispy turnips if I didn't want too. That made an impression on me. I guess what I was trying to point out is that there would probably be some on this site who would think I was wrong in doing so and going off program (I don't for a minute think you are one of them, as I have so enjoyed your posts... enough so that one day last wk I went back and read many of your posts from the beginning because I noticed that your weight right now is where I started from and we are the same height.) I'm sorry that you felt my post was venting. I certainly didn't mean it that way, just wanted to express my observations. I certainly don't feel I have other issues in my life right now, I'm retired, don't have the stress of working and am getting ready to head for Florida for the next several months. As I said, my mind and health are in a better place than they have been in a long time due to this life change. I believe for me that struggling to worry about every word I might post on here and how it might be understood, or misunderstood is not something I care to deal with. Been there done that for many many years during my 33 yr career. I had a boss that wanted to do everything by email and no matter what I said in an email I would get a response from him in great big bright green type telling me how wrong I was. Just not interested in seeing how some peoples posts are responded to. But please, I assure you I didn't mean to cause you concern by using your post to point out how we all can do some things differently but still be satisfied with the outcome. New Englander, you and I are just fine! :hug:

Now I don't have time to read or possibly answer other responses to my post as I have grandkids to pick up in a few minutes... YEAH, love the grandkids!

New Englander
01-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Well, lurking didn't last long did it... lol. NO NO NO, I didn't take your post personally. I used it to help show what I was saying about how we are all different. At first I thought... oh my GOSH, I'm cooking them wrong. But I love them so much that way that I am making the "choice" to continue cooking them that way. Is it off program? Possibly. Do I care, frankly no. I'm just not going to worry about it UNLESS I stop losing completely or at a rate I'm not satisfied with. I loved the fact that you shared that info with us/me. But my first thought was I needed to change what I was doing. You didn't tell me to change, that was my thoughts. My friend pointed out to me that if I was completely satisfied with my weight loss I shouldn't have to give up the crispy turnips if I didn't want too. That made an impression on me. I guess what I was trying to point out is that there would probably be some on this site who would think I was wrong in doing so and going off program (I don't for a minute think you are one of them, as I have so enjoyed your posts... enough so that one day last wk I went back and read many of your posts from the beginning because I noticed that your weight right now is where I started from and we are the same height.) I'm sorry that you felt my post was venting. I certainly didn't mean it that way, just wanted to express my observations. I certainly don't feel I have other issues in my life right now, I'm retired, don't have the stress of working and am getting ready to head for Florida for the next several months. As I said, my mind and health are in a better place than they have been in a long time due to this life change. I believe for me that struggling to worry about every word I might post on here and how it might be understood, or misunderstood is not something I care to deal with. Been there done that for many many years during my 33 yr career. I had a boss that wanted to do everything by email and no matter what I said in an email I would get a response from him in great big bright green type telling me how wrong I was. Just not interested in seeing how some peoples posts are responded to. But please, I assure you I didn't mean to cause you concern by using your post to point out how we all can do some things differently but still be satisfied with the outcome. New Englander, you and I are just fine! :hug:

Now I don't have time to read or possibly answer other responses to my post as I have grandkids to pick up in a few minutes... YEAH, love the grandkids!
Sigh! That was what I just did after reading your response. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. :) it made me feel better...sorry I took your post the wrong way...Tonality gets lost in posts and it's hard to tell what someone is saying or how they are trying to express it! Please hang around and keep lurking and/or posting!!! Enjoy your grandchildren!!! <3

New Englander
01-26-2012, 04:48 PM

Sigh (a sigh of relief) :)
! That was what I just did after reading your response. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. :) it made me feel better...sorry I took your post the wrong way...Tonality gets lost in posts and it's hard to tell what someone is saying or how they are trying to express it! Please hang around and keep lurking and/or posting!!! Enjoy your grandchildren!!!

And thanks for the laugh about your lurking not lasting long!!! LOL :)