Exercise! - Get Movin!

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Get Movin!

PhillyGirl2012
01-24-2012, 05:31 PM
There are several threads, but most have started some time ago. I would like to start a new thread for those that maybe fell off in January or perhaps are just starting out. It would be nice to have company on this journey.

I workout at home and have lots of videos and exercise equipment. For me my focus is to do at least 30 minutes of continuous movement five days out of the week. I am also going to focus on stretch and yoga workouts.

This is a work in progress for me. I would love others to join and encourage each other.

adaem
01-24-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm there! I totally fell off last summer and am now trying to get back on track. My goal is P90 strength training DVD 2-3 days a week and elliptical 30 minutes 2-3 times a week. Good luck. How often are you ping to check in? U will try and check in daily if your up for it.

PhillyGirl2012
01-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Adaem, I'm so glad to see your post! Yes, I will be checking in everyday. I find that keeps me motivated and interested.

Off to stretch!

PhillyGirl2012
01-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Wow...why can't I remember how good I feel when I move my body? It's 6:30am in my neck of the woods and I did my am workout. Today was a Leslie walk for 2 miles and then a 10-minute stretch from turbo fire.

day 2 of my 5 day goal done!

Off to get ready for work. Have a great day!

adaem
01-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Today is my day off of exersize because Wed are very busy for me. Tomorrow is eliptical and maybe weights. I am also coming down with yet another head cold but I will not let this derail me. My eating has been very good today. I have had fruit with every meal and have watched my portions.

Good job working out this morning! It is amazing and how easily we forget how good it feels to work our muscles. Have a good evening. See you tomorrow.

SanityNow
01-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi! I'd like to join in. I've been lazy lately, but as I drop more weight and eat better, I feel more like moving :). I wrote in another post how I dislike my gym, but I'm heading there today.
Have a healthy day everyone, You are worth it !

PhillyGirl2012
01-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Welcome SanityNow! I'm glad you joined us. The more, the merrier. I hope its not too dreadful for you at the gym. By the way, why do you hate the gym?

adaem
01-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Good morning everyone. Glad to see we have a new one! Your right, the more the merrier. I am so looking forward to working out tonight after work. My MIL is coming up today for the weekend and I am hoping she will be late so that I have time before she gets here. Otherwise I will have to midify a bit. I am feeling great about what I have eaten today and what I have planned for the rest of the day. Planning is definately my friend in this game! Have a good day and I will let you know later how my workout gose.

TheBunneh
01-26-2012, 12:18 PM
I'd like to join in on the thread if you guys don't mind. =)

I'm working on getting into exercise again after some health issues caused me to set it aside for a while. My goal right now is about 20 minutes four days a week as I ease my body into it, and hopefully before long I'll have my hour long step aerobic workouts back.

SanityNow
01-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. PhillyGirl, I think the real reason I don't like the gym is (1) I've been there, done that with great results, and then lost the results and (2) now it's too much travel. My best time was the job before last. Gym on the property. I got in early, did my thing, showered etc and headed for my office. That was the Best gym time. So maybe, after all, it's location not lazyness (?)

I'm really enjoying reading the posts on all of these threads. There is a lot of inspiration out here. BUT I'm the type who can spend the whole day on the computer....so I'll check in Sunday night with my report for the week. Have a good one !

loose seal
01-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Wow...why can't I remember how good I feel when I move my body? It's 6:30am in my neck of the woods and I did my am workout. Today was a Leslie walk for 2 miles and then a 10-minute stretch from turbo fire.

day 2 of my 5 day goal done!

Off to get ready for work. Have a great day!

This!!! Regardless of whether I lose weight via exercise or not . . . I so like how it makes me feel . . how it makes my body feel. I stopped looking at exercise as 'a chore' a long time ago and truly do enjoy it and really do think of it as just a part of my day, like brushing my teeth or washing my hair. I'm also appreciative of the fact that I can move and someday I may not be able to ... so I'm taking advantage of it while the getting is good!

PhillyGirl2012
01-26-2012, 09:04 PM
TheBunneh, welcome to the thread! I'm so glad you found us and now we are 4 strong. That 20 minutes will do your body good. Recovery is not easy just remember to listen to your body.

SanityNow, I do think convenience plays a huge part in it. Although I have equipment in house and you can't get anymore convenient then that. I agree that there's a lot to read on here, but the frequency keeps me interested.

Adaem, I need to take a page from your plan with planning meals. I haven't gotten there yet. When I did it before I became so obsessed which was the beginning spiral to letting everything fall apart. Enjoy your time with your mil.

LooseSeal, thanks for the inspirational words. I'm not there at the truly enjoying it stage, but hopefully I will in time.

I have an observation...I was looking at snacks on a website and came across salt and vinegar almonds. Does this gross anyone else out? I'm thinking why the marketing for this company found this combination to be beneficial to a perfectly healthy nut. We get such mixed messages. On one hand we are supposed to eliminate or reduce processed foods, but companies keep altering natural products or coming up with crazy combinations. Crazy!

adaem
01-27-2012, 11:15 AM
Very good start to my morning! MIL got in earlier than expected yesterday so I did not get my workout done last night. But when we went out to eat I only ate half of my meal. May not sound like a big deal but it is for me. I LOVE to eat. Then this morning got my workout done right away and was able to cut 50 calories from my breakfast without feeling like I lost anything. Off to a good start. Hope you all are doing good this morning.

PhillyGirl2012
01-27-2012, 04:38 PM
I woke up with such a headache this morning. Also, I know I didn't get as much sleep as I should have. I'm going to switch things around a bit. Normally I food shop on Friday evening, but I can't go two days without exercise. This is how my spiral into the wrong direction starts for me. So that is what I will do, workout tonight and tomorrow morning and then go food shopping. Sounds like a plan!

Adaem, good going on eating less while at a restaurant. I truly know how that feels. When I go to a restaurant I feel like I'm on vacation and there are no rules. Oh and I must have dessert. I'm working to turn that mindset around.

TheBunneh and SanityNow I hope you are doing well.

TheBunneh
01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
I think I overdid it a little with my workout on Wednesday. I let myself exercise for about an hour because I was doing mostly very light things, but I'm definitely feeling the recovery...

I'm going to workout on the stationary bike today, but this time I really will stop at 20 minutes. I might leave it at three days this week though.

PhillyGirl2012
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Bunneh, wow you exercised for an hour! Please do take it easy. As they say you only get one time to recover.

Ok, this won't do. I'm the only one of the group that hasn't exercised today. I will definitely get my workout in when I get home tonight.

loose seal
01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Philly -- is there any way you can get up earlier and get your workouts done in the morning? For me it helps to know that, regardless of how bad the rest of my day might turn out, at least I have that under my belt. And I find that exercising in the morning often prompts me to stay OP better.

SanityNow
01-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi guys, went on line so though I'd check in - can't....stay.....away ;). Today was a one-hour Pilates class. Feeling good. The best part was that the teacher asked me to demonstrate plank on the reformer. And I stayed strong :cheer3: I swear, of all the things I've done in my life I think plank is my happiest accomplishment - I used to dread when plank time came around; now I'm pretty good at it.

Stay strong everyone.

adaem
01-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Wow! Great job every one. I love coming here and seeing all of the support. Along with my workout this morning I also shoveled snow for about 30 min.

I totally agree with Loose Seal about working out in the AM if possible. I can't everyday but I do try when possible.

Sanity. Good job in class! I love looking back at things that I didn't like or didn't do well when I started and seeing how much better I have gotten at them. For me it is push ups. When I started working out I could barely do 3. Now (even after a 6month break in working out) I can easily so 10-15.

Looking forward to tomorrow. This is making working out kinda fun!

novangel
01-28-2012, 12:28 AM
I think I need to join too if you guys don't mind. My motivation seems to vary and I'm scared I'm going to fall off the exercise wagon. I would like some support buddies. I'm really trying but most days/nights I'm dead tired from working, but at least I have a job that has me almost constantly moving. I had every intention of working out tonight but I'm just wiped...I'm going to get some sleep and then work out tomorrow during the day. Thanks. :)

SanityNow
01-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi Happy Saturday. It's probably better for me to post every day, since I wind up on line most days anyway and can use the inspiration. Today was a 50 minute Pilates 'power' class. Different approach than I'm used to. the first half hour was a piece of cake (uhm). Then it got tough. HA! can't wait for next week.

Hope you're all having a good day.

novangel
01-28-2012, 07:20 PM
I did my 20 minute Yoga workout plus hand weights after for extra credit on my arms. This isn't getting ANY easier yet but I'm glad I did it.

I'm so impatient but I can't wait to be in better shape to take on cardio again. :carrot:

I'll check in again tomorrow. :)

SanityNow
01-28-2012, 07:29 PM
You know Angel, I'm feeling the same way these days. I'm feeling some progress with the weight and fitness and I want to get 'there' already.

PhillyGirl2012
01-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Welcome Novangel!

Ok, my weekend didn't go as planned. Unexpected visitors and its my birthday today. My mommie is spoiling me...lol.

Loose Seal, I tried the morning exercise once upon a time and you are right that it was one less thing to do later. I'm having an issue with it being winter I think. The cold and the darkness just makes me want to sleep. Believe me I am fighting it.

All in all I am shy of my overall goal for this week. I'm not beating myself up about it either because its in my head now and not just an afterthought. I'm glad that people have joined this thread and it encourages me just reading about everyone's progress. I'm just starting to get back into the swing and next week will be better.

SanityNow
01-29-2012, 05:47 PM
HI everyone, Nothing today, pretty much everything is sore from yesterday, and I have a class tomorrow morning so I figure to take the day off so I'll be able to function.

TheBunneh
01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
No workout today but I did a little stretching, and hoola-hooped to get a bit of movement. I plan to try a turbo jam workout tomorrow.

adaem
01-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Happy birthday Philly!! Birthdays are a good excuse to relax. I worked out yesterday but not today. I did however start painting my bathroom. Doesn't count for much but at least I didn't just sit around. Tomorrow is back at it. I have done ok with eating but weekends are always tough for me.

Angel. I totally know how you feel. Somwtimes it is just so hard to get back into it. You can do it. Sometimes you just have to start doing it and then it eventually will just become habit.

Have a good night. See you all tomorrow.

novangel
01-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Nothing for me either today. I have an issue with my gum tissue around my wisdom tooth, it's highly irritated from something I ate and it's driving me insane. I hope it goes away! I also feel sick from my cycle, it's really bad this month. My hormones get really whacked. Sorry TMI. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. :(

SanityNow
01-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Everyone !
Today was a beautiful hour of pilates. I am getting STRONGER and it's great.
Tomorrow I have to go into the city to return some purchases and I'll be by the gym, so tomorrow will be cardio day. Exactly what I'm not sure.

I had a thought today that I've been kinda paralyzed by this exercise thing because I feel a pressure to drop these pounds. But what I really want is to be able to Enjoy my exercise every day, so once it's done for the day, it's done. I'm not going to second-guess whether it was enough, blah, blah, blah. I'm going to be content with my effort and look forward to next day's session.

PhillyGirl2012
01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Sanity, I've adopted that very attitude. I used to be a cardio junkie, complete with documented heart rate zone charts and armed with my heart rate monitor I attacked a cardio session with the only goal of max calorie burn. Well that has gotten me burned out and out of the exercise game for two years. That and micro-managing my food intake. Now I'm just taking it day by day and I do have an end goal, but I'm not beating myself up like before.

Novangel, take care of yourself. I can only imagine the discomfort. Mouth issues and back issues are two things that really mess with the overall function of a person's body. I hope it goes away soon too. I don't know about everybody else, but I certainly don't mind the tmi info.

Adaem, thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I don't discount painting, its a decent amount of work.

I think I may count today as my rest day. That means I have to exercise everyday for the rest of this week. Hmm...I don't like the sound of that. However, I was up at 5am and playing taxi for my mother and I am dead tired because of getting to sleep about midnight. I was literally falling to sleep at my desk at work. I got a new workout in the mail and I know if I put it in the dvd player I will end up doing it. It's Body Groove by Missy Tripoli. It's less about exercising and more about moving your body. It's 6pm here and I'm literally trying to keep awake or I will be up at 1am if I go to sleep now. Ok, I will preview my new workouts and see what happens.

adaem
01-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Angel. Get some rest. Being in pain or even just mentally out of it is tough. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully you will feel better all over.

Sanity. Good way to think of it. You can really get into trouble when you start obsessing over things. It does feel good to just enjoy the work out and not think about every calorie you're burning/eating.

Philly. I'm with you today. I didn't work out either. I was up at 5:30 and pretty much have been goin nonstop since and it is 8pm here now. I have been paining for 2 days and my whole body hurts. I have a little left to do tomorrow so I WILL have time to work out.

SanityNow
01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
:coffee:Good morning my new friends, Happy end-of-the-month. I want to tell you all how much I appreciate 3FC and 'Get Movin!'. In the short amount of time I've been back, I've gotten so much support and learned so much. It's great. Thank you I'll post my January Stats tomorrow :wave:

SanityNow
01-31-2012, 04:16 PM
Actually wanted to go to the gym today. Took a different approach - when one cardio machine got to be too much, I switched to a different type of machine. Got in about 30 minutes. The did upper body and abs, and walked home 1 1/4 miles. Feeling good, and looking forward to tomorrow's hour, whatever it will be.

I was just thinking that I should celebrate my 'healthy' accomplishments. So aside from the obvious benefits of dropping the fat, I'm taking myself to the movies for each 5 pound down. And once I get to goal, I'm taking a weekend trip somewhere.

TheBunneh
01-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Yesterday I did a Turbo Jam video and some light yoga. Rest day today.

PhillyGirl2012
01-31-2012, 09:05 PM
You guys are on fire!
Sanity, I'm so with you on celebrating my healthy accomplishments. I really am done beating myself up because all that does is take me back to the sedentary stage.

Adaem, is your bathroom finished?

Bunneh, which turbo jam is your favorite? I still prefer cardio party 1. Oh and cardio party remix.

Today's workout was Spirit Groove. This unstructured workout style is very different from anything I own. It felt a little odd, but I found myself smiling. The whole focus is to get you to release your mind and let your body flow with free movement. It was very invigorating and I can see myself doing this in the evening without disrupting my sleep.

Till tomorrow!

TheBunneh
01-31-2012, 09:47 PM
PhillyGirl: My favorite is Cardio Party 2, I think. I like all the kicks.

I'm a huuuuuuge Turbo Fire fan though, but it's too intense for me now. I miss it. =(

PhillyGirl2012
01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
I have turbo fire, but I've never used it. I love Chalene and her workouts but turbo fire is on another level. One day I'll get there.

adaem
01-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Philly. All that is left is installing the new countertop. One room down. The rest of the house to go. Good job with your work out today!

Everyone is doing so good! You are all so inspiring.

Well, after 2 1/2 days of paining I am hopefully back on track. Today I did 15 min on the eliptical (not bad considering I have only had it for 3 weeks - this thing is a killer!) after painting and before having to take an impromptu trip to the nearest town with a home improvement store. The kids wanted Burger King and I had a salad with grilled chicken. So proud of myself. I have also found a way to cut about 100 calories from my breakfast. Eating is a huge challenge for me. The working out I can do. Eating is my biggest problem. I will win this!

PhillyGirl2012
02-01-2012, 07:59 PM
No posts today? Where is everybody?

I've had a pretty tiring day today. But, it is over 60 degrees here which kinda gives me a taste of spring. I was thinking what if it really was spring and I still had this extra fat...and in the same place I was months ago. I don't want to say that to myself in the spring. I don't want the same body, same attitude, or same amount of bodyfat. It's almost 7pm which is late for me to exercise. However, that is what I'm about to do. I will post again when I'm done.

EDIT--Workout is done! Tonight was the new Slim in 6-Start up for 30ish minutes.

I hope everybody is doing well. Till tomorrow!

adaem
02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm here.
Good attitude Philly! Just think of how good you will feel after exercising. I read something once about if I had lost weight when I said I was going to I would be there by now. I don't remember the whole thing but that was the jist. I can not wait for 60 degrees! It was in the high 20's here today. We have had a very mild winter so I won't complain. Last year at this time and a couple of times this winter we were at -30 or lower. I will take 20 in Feb anytime!

I had a good day. I did upper body, lower body and abs today. I work in my draughts class on Weds so I had lunch with her. That always means small portions. We finished the bathroom (all but some small details like shelf and such).

SanityNow
02-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi Guys,
I started the month off with a 'day off' no exercise, cheat meals, the works. Which is too bad, cause it was gorgeous out today. My cat has been sick and I had a vet appt. today. She's feeling better, but you know how it is if you have a sick pet. So my day was disrupted with the visit, and then I felt kinda tired, relieved that she's keeping her food down today. The day got away from me and I let it. But, that's OK. I'm feeling fortified to get back to the good stuff tomorrow. I'm proud of myself for yesterday's workout-I worked around the aches and did good.

adaem
02-02-2012, 09:03 PM
20 min on the eliptical today. 5 more mins than the other day. We have to run out tomorrow night for work supplies and we leave right after work (tomorrow is my day to work) so I will not have time to workout tomorrow. And while we're in the "big city" we go out to eat. I WILL eat healthy!

Hope you all are doing good.

TheBunneh
02-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Yesterday I did 20 minutes light kickboxing, followed by 20 minutes light upper body weight work. Today was Walk Away the Pounds one mile, and some light pilates. I'm planning to take Friday off, and maybe do the stationary bike or turbo jam on Saturday.

novangel
02-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm still around!

I was not feeling well for a couple of days but now I have been very active cleaning out my house for GoodWill and getting caught up on painting the rest of my condo while I have vacation time off work. I'm going to do some more chores, which includes taking down my tree! :o How embarassing but I never had the time until now, and then I will get in a workout later today. Promise! :carrot:

Hope everyone is doing well. :hug:

novangel
02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh, and I gained a pound but I don't know how since I barely ate anything the past few days because I didn't feel well. :/ I'm at the end of my cycle so I will weigh in again when it's completely over. *sigh* :mad:

adaem
02-03-2012, 06:09 PM
20 min on the eliptical. Didn't think I would be able to because we were supposed to make a work run but we couldn't leave town because of the fog. No work out tomorrow. I have to work 12 hours and I know I will not be up for it after that.

Have a good weekend everyone.

novangel
02-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Okay, 20 minutes of Yoga done and then hand weights. The Yoga is getting easier! :D I'm going to move on to the next level soon. :carrot:

TheBunneh
02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Today I got in 15 minutes on the stationary bike, 15 minutes step aerobics, then some light core work and yoga.

PhillyGirl2012
02-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Hello!!!
Sorry I've been m.i.a. but its been a crazy few days. I've not been able to read the posts yet, but I will catch up tomorrow. It's almost 9pm and this is the first night I'll be getting to sleep before 1am. Needless to say I am VERY tired. I did go to the supermarket to night and plan to cook a few meals for the week tomorrow. I ate out a lot this week and my digestive system is not happy. I've also had a few soda's which I'd previously given up because other than water the options at restaurants are limited. Tomorrow is a day of cooking, cleaning and laundry in my 3 story walk up apartment. I think that's enough exercise right there...lol . Ok, I hope everyone is doing well and I'll be back in the swing Monday morning.

TheBunneh
02-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm planning for about half hour of step aerobics and light weights this afternoon.

It looks like I'm falling into the schedule of exercise Monday, Wednesday + Thursday, and Saturday. Which feels a little odd because it's pretty different from any workout schedule I've had before, but if it works why fight it? =)

Hopefully I'll be able to add a fifth day in before too long, even if the fifth day is barely a workout. I just need to keep reminding myself to be patient so I don't have another relapse...

PhillyGirl2012
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Bunneh, good going on a set schedule.

Since I've been more tired in the evenings and have not been able to exercise before work, I've taken to lunchtime walks. At least I can get some type of activity in throughout the day. I joined the 10,000 walk thread now I have to locate my pedometer.

I'm off to watch The Voice. I hope everyone else is doing well.

adaem
02-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Good evening everyone. Hope your weekends were all good. Today has been great for me. 20 min. upper/lower body and abs and then 15 min. eliptical. My eating was totally in control today. This is also my 2nd day without Diet Coke. I really need to stop drinking it. I feel so much better and eat less when I don't drink it.

See you all tomorrow.

adaem
02-07-2012, 09:25 PM
The day kinda got away from me so this will be a no work out day. Back at it tomorrow. Tomorrow is another busy day but I can't let that derail me again.

novangel
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Monday I spent all day painting a large room with 10' ceilings, my legs/butt are still killing me from going up and down the ladder. Yesterday I walked for an hour.

Tonight it's back to Yoga and weights. :wave:

novangel
02-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Did my Yoga and weights. Next time I think I will move up to the next difficulty level. While the Yoga IS getting easier, I am not seeing any results. :( Frankly, I don't think I am working out hard enough. I need to do cardio and that's not something I feel I am ready to do right now. *sigh

adaem
02-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Did upper/lower body and abs yesterday. I wanted to do the eliptical after the kids got home from school but we decided to make our weekly work run so I wasn't able to. Today is my day to work and then it will be eliptical tonight. I am going to try and figure out how to get some yoga in as well pretty soon. I have done yoga in the past and I like how flexable it makes me.

Good job Novangel. Painting is totally a work out in itself!

Hope everyone else is doing good. See you all tomorrow.

TheBunneh
02-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I got in 50 minutes of step aerobics yesterday. It felt awesome to actually enjoy a workout instead of just dragging my body through it - I hope it's the start of a trend. I'm still a little wary of causing a relapse again though, so I need to be mindful.

Today is yoga, then rest tomorrow.

adaem
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Good job Bunneh! It does really feel good when you start to notice your stamina improving. Go easy and take it slow. Enjoy yoga. I can't wait to start yoga!

Did 20 min on the eliptical. I'm still waiting for my stamina to improve on that. I stepped on the scale and I'm down 2 lbs!! So excited. I have not changed my ticker because I didn't want to see the weight I had allowed myself to gain. I was up to 157 the beginning of Feb and this morning I was 155. TOM just started so I am really trying not to binge. I soooo want to eat. I will not undo what I have done!

PhillyGirl2012
02-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Everyone is doing well I see.

Adaem, those binge urges are the worst. I think I'm going through it now, for different reasons though. I just feel like snacking. Had pistachios and popcorn tonight for dinner. I know...not good.

Bunneh, good job on pushing through. I have to increase my intensity.

Novangel, what results were you trying to achieve with yoga. I must admit the practice intimidates me. I keep saying I want to incorporate it, but I haven't done it yet.

SanityNow, you are missed.

Ok, about increasing my intensity. I must not be walking fast enough on my walks because my aerobic capacity is zilch. I climbed up a set of steps and was gasping...yes gasping...for air when I got to the top. I thought, wow I felt like this when I wasn't giving it any effort. So now this weekend I'm going to have to find a way to really make time somehow.

On that note, its past my bedtime. Happy Friday!

novangel
02-10-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm looking to lose a few pounds and tone. So far it's definitely worked for strength but I don't feel any thinner in my jeans. I'm not going to weigh in for a while because if I see a number I don't like I will get discouraged. I'm going to just keep on keeping on...I need to be more consistent if I want to get better results. It was really hard at first and now it's pretty easy so it must be doing something! :) I would recommend Yoga for anyone that wants to tone for sure.

Tonight was Yoga and weights again, but next time I move up to the next level. I'm excited and dreading at the same time.

PhillyGirl2012
02-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Happy Friday Everybody!

Although I didn't do a full-on workout, I did get up and did my own thing while enjoying the sun coming up and quiet of my home. I feel good even though I only got about 5-6 hours of sleep. I am soooooo glad its friday.

Off to work!

novangel
02-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Only did weights tonight to work on my arms, nothing tomorrow. See you guys Sunday night.

novangel
02-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I decided to work out tonight - went to the next level of Yoga! :carrot: It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be I just have to get familiar with some of the new positions so I don't have to look at the tv as much. Also worked on my arms with weights after.

After a few more times on this level I will do the Abs segment. That will probably be really hard but that's the area I need work on the most.

See all of you tomorrow night. :D

PhillyGirl2012
02-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Are you doing a program?

novangel
02-12-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm just doing a DVD. Truthfully, so far I don't think it's hard enough but great for beginners, there's another DVD someone on here suggested called Rodney Yee - Burn and I may give that a try...Otherwise it's back to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred if I'm up for a real challenge. Right now it's kind of baby steps still.

PhillyGirl2012
02-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I put the on-demand feature in my cable package to work today. I did a kickbox workout on the fitness channel. I kept watching the countdown clock and was amazed that with 4 minutes left a cooldown wasn't introduced. It was actually pretty good workout. I cooled down on my own.

Novangel, can you use the computer connected to the internet while you workout? If so, there are a bunch of workouts on youtube.

TheBunneh
02-12-2012, 02:41 PM
My afternoon exploded yesterday and my workout got skipped. I'm going to fit it in today though. Probably strength training, and maybe a little cardio.

PhillyGirl2012
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Bunneh, it happens. My day just flew bye and I enjoyed lounging. I had a tough week and sometimes I just don't wanna do anything.

novangel
02-13-2012, 01:06 AM
I have On Demand I'll have to look into that, and Youtube.

Only worked on arms tonight got caught up in the grammy's. See you guys tomorrow.

TheBunneh
02-13-2012, 12:33 PM
So. Sore. But in a good way. :D Yesterday I did about 40 minutes of weight training followed by 15 on the stationary bike. Today the plan is step aerobics.

I've noticed the past couple times I've drunk half a cup of apple juice before a workout I've had more energy. Gonna see if it keeps working, two times is too early to say for sure.

adaem
02-13-2012, 03:16 PM
I have been a bit MIA. This weekend was crazy for some reason and before I new it, it was Sunday night and no workout all weekend. This week is going to ba crazy as well but I will get my workouts in. I ended up working today so I will do at least 20 min on eliptical (I will push for more).

TheBunneh
02-13-2012, 07:47 PM
adaem Good luck!

Got in 20 minutes of step aerobics, plus TurboFire 45EZ (had to modify though). Rest tomorrow.

PhillyGirl2012
02-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Wow, you guys are on fire today! It's almost 7pm and I think I'm gonna do something light. I think the night exercise has been messing with my sleep. Tonight I decided on Biggest Loser Yoga and OMG I am so inflexible. I must, must, must work to stretch more.

TheBunneh
02-13-2012, 08:38 PM
PhillyGirl I've read that night exercise can definitely disrupt sleep. Something about the adrenaline that's released. Also, I've noticed a huge improvement in my flexibility since I made it a habit to spend a few minutes every morning stretching (not bona fide yoga, just simple/easy stretches). Helps wake me up and feel better all day too. Now I can't go a morning without it or else I notice how stiff I am.

PhillyGirl2012
02-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah, its been a constant cycle that I could never catch up. I would exercise at night and then couldn't get to sleep. Then I had trouble waking up cause I couldn't get to sleep till like 12-2am and had to get up at 7am at the latest to be on time for work.

I'm watching The Voice now and I plan to go to bed right after. See ya tomorrow!

PhillyGirl2012
02-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Happy Tuesday Everybody!

I'm at work and no I haven't exercised yet, but I just wanted to drop by before my busy day starts. I find it interesting that we have over 900 views of this thread which means we probably have a lot of lurkers. To those people I say, come join our thread. We are a friendly bunch with a goal in mind...to simply get moving. It can be a 10-minute walk, using your video game console, walking in place during your tv time...whatever it may be...just get moving.

I found an interesting show on-demand on comcast called Drop 5lbs. It's on the Cooking channel, but I don't have that package since I downgraded my cable. I found it on-demand. It's an interesting concept because there is the cooking portion, but they also educate on how to shop and give exercise points. I found it enjoyable to watch and plan to make that chicken mango meal this weekend. You can also find the recipes online too.

Have a great day everybody!

PhillyGirl2012
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I got the new Zumba Rush Kinect game on xbox today so that was my workout tonight. All I can say is this is a HUGE improvement over the first version. I don't have the first version, but I did play the demo several times. This version is graphically pleasing and the sensor caught my moves unlike the first version. I only have a slight knowledge of zumba so I first did a practice of some of the steps and then I did two or three songs. The I did the short workout and after a few songs I was wondering how many songs they included in this supposedly short workout. It even had a cool down song to boot....very nice! So I got a better workout then walk away the pounds and got a little sweaty, but not kickbox sweaty. Umm, probably cause I did easy songs. But my version of "easy" differs from some of the songs they considered slow...lol All in all I will definitely use this as a workout. My workout was between 45-50 minutes.

I hope everybody is doing well

novangel
02-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Slacking. :/ Been super stressed the past 2 days but I forced myself to do weights at least. I have to get back on track tomorrow night, I won't even get into how much chocolate I ate today. Super mad at myself.

MommaYomma
02-15-2012, 03:09 AM
Hey guys. No workout today. I take T and Th off. But tomorrow is a big one. I have my personal trainer once/week. I do cardio for 25 minutes and then we do weights again. Back for more cardio and stretching. Soon adding Fridays.
Thinking of stepping it up a bit more and adding cardio twice a week in the evenings.
I think I'm getting obsessive about the gym and need to monitor it. I've lost a lot of weight rather quickly and past history with body image is rough. My shrink says the weight loss should be a result of a commitment to healthy living. Being obsessive is not healthy living. Uggh.

SanityNow
02-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi guys, Had visions of reporting huge numbers at month's end "ta daaaa", but it's mid-month and things are slow. The scale is still inching down, but the point here is to establish good healthy habits & I need group support. I logged in a few gym hours this month, and yesterday walked 2.4 miles. But I have to start reporting in every day.

novangel
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Thank God for this site, it keeps me in check. I will report back tonight after I exercise. I WILL exercise tonight no matter what!! :strong:

I refuse to give up.

PhillyGirl2012
02-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Hello everyone! Its Humpday!

Sanity, the month is not over! Kick it up and be amazed at what you accomplished in the remaining days.

Momma, I'm so glad to see your post! Sounds like your rockin and rollin with your trainer and plan. What kind of cardio do you do?

Novangel, I totally agree! Reading the posts keeps me engaged, let alone that I started this thread. Typically I would have gotten back into my old habits. I kinda did a little with snacking, but its less of an afterthought now.

Bunney, Adaem what's going on with you guys?

I've not exercised yet, but it will be ZUMBA!! I am not a dancer and constantly have to think about getting the most out of the moves such as rolling my hips. Its really fun on xbox kinect though. And I am feeling a tightness in my abs today too.

TheBunneh
02-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Got in about 30mins aerobics followed by TurboJam 3T.

PhillyGirl2012
02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
This Zumba game is freakin fantastic! The problem I had with previous games is that they don't let you continue to build up intensity. Not the problem with this game. I did the twenty minute workout, followed by three songs that I became fond of, followed by two songs from the black eyed peas experience. I have to find my heartrate monitor cause I'm curious about calorie burn.

Not sure if you guys read that I bought Jillian Michaels new 90-day product. I'm hoping since the workouts are short that I will stick with it. My sister will be doing it with me. Also, there are several members that have an interest in starting a thread. I'm totally excited and can't wait till I get it.

SanityNow
02-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi. Today was an hour of yoga. Worked up a sweat, feeling good. I'm gravitating toward Yoga and Pilates, so I'm going to go with the flow. You know, yesterday I did 2 'regular' push-ups. :carrot: It was wild feeling my strength.

adaem
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I can't wait for this busy week to be over! Did 2 workouts yesterday and skipped today. This week is killing me! My eating has not been the best either. As of this morning though I am still down and have not gone up in weight despite my bad week. Tomorrow is a new day. Work and then eliptical after that. Maybe I will even try and fit in some yoga or some upper body. Have a good night everyone.

novangel
02-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I gave Jillian Michaels 30Day Shred another go! I had to take frequent breaks but still...DAMN. I was barely doing anything and my heart rate was 170ish. It sucks that I can't keep up but I am still proud of myself that I gave it my best, and survived! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

PhillyGirl2012
02-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Happy Thursday!

It's almost 8am and I'm a bit psyched about this evenings workout. I'm thinking I want to do a kickbox workout. Not sure which one in my arsenal I will use.

Novangel, LOL...you were doing more than you thought. You should definitely be proud of yourself cause that is not an easy workout. I know for me I modify if I need to like using a chair for burpees or pausing the dvd and walking in place for a minute.

Adaem, at least you didn't gain weight.

Sanity, did you ever get the Rodney Yee workout?

Bunneh, aerobics AND turbojam?! I wanna be like you when I grow up...lol

Momma, how's it going?

SanityNow
02-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey PhillyGirl,

I never really got into Rodney Yee, although I hear he's great. I'm more of a Shiva Rea follower. Love her Power Flow DVD.

Today's(Thursday) : 75 minute yoga workshop...I'm trying out Anusara yoga today.

PhillyGirl2012
02-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Sanity, I must admit that I don't know the differences between the practices. I just hope I don't injure myself doing it at home. I just stop when something feels uncomfortable. I do tend to use programs with instructors that are precise.

Tonights workout was the sweateast (is that a word) yet. I picked a kickbox workout on demand again, but I did the 40 minute one. And OMG! She did lots of high impact which I had to modify and I still got a good workout. Now, I'm off to find nourishment and getting acquainted with my new Jillian program.

I feel like I've gotten my second wind! I'm very amped right now. I feel the need to chant....LET'S GO TEAM....LET'S GO!

TheBunneh
02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
PhillyGirl: Sweatiest. ;)

Today was 30 minutes light aerobics, rest tomorrow.

adaem
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Ok. 2 more busy days in this week. Today was 20 min on the eliptical. I can't seem to do more. Tomorrow I will have time for upper/lower body and abs in the morning and them 20 min on the eliptical after the kids get home from school.

Everyone is doing so great and I so inspiring! I love this thread!

SanityNow
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Philly, as long as you back off if you feel pain you'll be OK. "no pain, definite gain"

This post has a great vibe :) :carrot::carrot:

PhillyGirl2012
02-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Adaem, I hope your taking care of yourself during this busy time.

Bunneh, Thank's for the correction.

Sanity, Cool so I've been doing okay then. I do like actual classes though when I did go.

It's 9:30 and I'm thinking about playing xbox....ZUMBA...lol! I know I shouldn't cause I'll get all sweaty again. I think I will do a stretch workout though cause I can feel the tightness coming on.

Ok, nite folks....see ya tomorrow!

novangel
02-16-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm very amped right now. I feel the need to chant....LET'S GO TEAM....LET'S GO!

Yeah!!

Tonight was 30 Day Shred again with less breaks! I was actually crying when I finished. lol So proud of myself.

C'mon, guys we can do this! :hug:

SanityNow
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Happy Friday everyone :)

Yesterday was 75 minutes of yoga. I signed up for a class of 5 max and was the only one who showed. So it was a private lesson, which was great. I realized how I don't push myself...I am sore today (and happy).

PhillyGirl2012
02-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah!!

Tonight was 30 Day Shred again with less breaks! I was actually crying when I finished. lol So proud of myself.

C'mon, guys we can do this! :hug:

WAY TO GO!! :carrot: I wondered if you would give it another try.

PhillyGirl2012
02-17-2012, 12:24 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY!!

Sanity, that had to be sweet to have the instructor all to yourself.

Bunneh, what's on the workout menu for you today?

Adaem, thinking about you. Do you get some stretching in to help get the kinks out during your busy time?

I'm not sure if I'll get a workout in today. Why? I like to do my food shopping on friday after work. Also, my mommie may be with me this weekend which means I will have to pick her up. More time out of my evening for this trip of about 90 minutes. I haven't ruled it out completely as I would normally do. I will have to see later.

Ok, gotta get back to work. T.G.I.F.!

TheBunneh
02-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Rest day today, planning for weights tomorrow and some cardio as well if I have enough energy.

Good job everyone! :D

adaem
02-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Well today I thought I could make time for excersize but I didn't. Shame on me. Tomorrow is my last busy day but the funniest. Scrap booking with friends all day! Even though I have had a very busy week I still have managed to lose another 2 lbs!! Not doing anything drastic. Just paying close attention to my portions. Tonight we had Chinese so I will have some water weight to get rid of. Other than that I am feeling pretty good.

Thanks everyone for your support!

novangel
02-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Day 3 in a row of 30 Day Shred! :carrot:

PhillyGirl2012
02-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Day 3 in a row of 30 Day Shred! :carrot:

Oh, I can't let you have all the fun...lol I may give this a go tomorrow.

Ok, so no exercise today. My brother decided to visit and is still here. Love him, but GO HOME!

See ya tomorrow!

novangel
02-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Philly, go for it! I have heard nothing but good things about this DVD, so far I really like it too. I hurt everywhere this morning, especially my buns and thighs.

SanityNow
02-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Good morning Movers :coffee:

I am still sore from Thursday's yoga class (!). I figure, if I'm this sore from yoga practice despite the fact that I've been going to the gym, I'm going to focus on a daily yoga practice - Saturdays off - and see what happens. I'm also recommitting to my clean eating, 'cause the scale has inched up 2 pounds. I have a feeling it's water weight, but it's a reminder to me that I have to keep vigilant. Surprisingly though, when I saw myself in the mirror this morning my body looks smaller - upper body tighter, so I'll hold on to that.

Have a great weekend everyone :)

AzimuthRing
02-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Hello All! I was not sure where to post. I finally started to exercise. It not formal and I'm taking baby steps to I enjoy it.

So far today as I am doing things around the house, I've probably danced through 4 songs on the radio. So far 15 minutes of moving.

My goal at this point is 30 minutes a day of moving.

I would like to adopt a formal exercise plan, but I'm not there yet.

I enjoy reading everyone's posts. Thanks for sharing.

TheBunneh
02-18-2012, 04:21 PM
AzimuthRing Hi and welcome! You have to start somewhere and any extra movement at all is a help. Good luck! =)

I'm feeling extra week today so I think I might skip the weights and do pilates/yoga instead, but I'll see how I feel later this afternoon.

SanityNow
02-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi AzimuthRing! :welcome2:

TheBunneh
02-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Ended up getting in about 45 minutes pilates/ballet, some weights for my arms, and then 15 minutes stationary bike. :D

novangel
02-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Day 4 Jillian 30 Day Shred. :carrot: I'm really beat... :^:

FTR, they recommend 3p weights with this DVD but I use 5p per the Amazon reviews.

Maybe again tomorrow night but I will see how I feel.

PhillyGirl2012
02-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Novangel, you are on fire with 30 day shred! I use different weights depending on the muscle being worked. You are supposed to go light with shoulders, but heavy with biceps for example. I often have to play with the right weight that feels right for the exercise and pace of the workout.

Bunneh, why are you feeling weak?

Azimuthring, I'm so glad to see your post. We are a group trying to get our groove back. And like Bunneh said, any extra movement helps. Keep on dancin!

I twitched my ankle somehow during my running around last night. Nothing more than a walk today. I was scared to do kickbox or anything bouncy. My mom is spending the weekend with me anyway so I'm enjoying hanging out with her. Off to bed now!

thinkfit
02-19-2012, 05:58 AM
Hey everyone! I'm new here and it's threads like these that made me want to register so I could join in! At the beginning of January I set up something of a little home gym in my garage and after only like four days it kind of turned into one of those New Years Resolution, out of sight out of mind deals. As of about a week ago, though, I've been trying to use it for an hour every day. I know not much time has passed yet, but I figure an hour (or even a little less if I can't do that just yet) is better than letting yet another year go by without change.

TheBunneh
02-19-2012, 10:15 AM
PhillyGirl Just an extra tired day, and TOM is around the corner.

missjean Welcome! An hour is great. And yes, even less if you're not there yet. Just making it a habit to walk in and do something everyday is a start.

Rest day for me today.

SanityNow
02-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Good morning Movers :coffee:

I am still sore from Thursday's yoga class (!). I figure, if I'm this sore from yoga practice despite the fact that I've been going to the gym, I'm going to focus on a daily yoga practice - Saturdays off - and see what happens.

OK...see what I do? I don't know why....Looks like I'm looking for some perfect project that's going to get me to my goal :o PLEASE, if I post another of these 'I've got it' Posts, please send over some tough love to get me to JUST DO SOMETHING, anything, everything...
and, PS, I have more to lose than just 20 pounds !

thanks

novangel
02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Welcome Jean! :wave:

Sanity, I was off to a very sporatic start too. You just have to get to a point to when you decide you're done making excuses and you want to lose the weight more than anything. When you're sitting on the couch doubting your motivation (I'm guilty of this) just get up and DO IT. Eventually you will have a routine down and you'll want to exercise more than not.

SanityNow
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
2/19: 30min elliptical + stretching :dance:

What is the saying about not letting the perfect get in the way of the good?

Hi Novangel, thanks. I do have to just do it and let the patterns work themselves out.

Hope everyone's having a good day. :)

novangel
02-20-2012, 12:20 AM
After 4 nights in a row of 30DS I had to take a night off. I felt faint about 10 minutes after last night's work out. I was overtired from lack of sleep, I got weak and had to lie down. Taking a break tonight and then it's back to Jillian tomorrow. :)

PhillyGirl2012
02-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Happy Monday Everyone!

Missjean-Welcome to the group! Wow, an hour a day of exercise is nothing to sneeze at. What's on tap for you today?

Novangel, please take it easy.

Today is a holiday for me, but I am up doing laundry in my apartment building which is a 3 story walk up and I'm on the 3rd floor. Between wash loads, I was playing with my roku and looking at channels to add. There is a exercise channel that I didn't know about called LIVEEXERCISE.COM (http://www.liveexercise.com/). This is available online too...who knew! So, for those that have access to a good internet connection and would like to try something new I encourage you to check out this website.

SanityNow
02-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Good morning everyone! Feeling great today. Heading out to the stores (window-shopping) and to the gym for some walk-jog intervals.

PhillyGirl, what is a roku? I am happily caught up with my laundry - I've been good lately at keeping up with it. Although I actually enjoy doing laundry - love those suds :carrot:

Have a great day all !

PhillyGirl2012
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Roku is a device that connects to your tv and gives access to online content. They've created channels that you can install, some are free and some are paid or subscriptions such as Netflix, Huluplus. The liveexercise channel I posted is a free channel.

If you don't have cable it is a valuable product to have. I have cable, but I'm looking to get rid of it because I have roku and some paid services like amazon video on demand, netflix. Along with the free channels that are offered like Crackle you can get a good amount of tv entertainment without the high cost of cable.

Regarding laundry, I don't mind it either in general. I do mind the walk up and down the steps though...lol.

SanityNow
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh excellent! I'll look into it. thanks

TheBunneh
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
novangel Glad you listened to your body asking for rest. If you're really working yourself then your body will need rest days to heal.

PhillyGirl Thanks for the link!

Today I'm planning for a tabata style workout and weights.

PhillyGirl2012
02-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Today's workout was level 1 of 30 day shred. I did make modifications on account of my wonky ankle. After the first set jumping jacks were modified as well as butt kicks.

Recommendation:
If you are looking for something new to try I recommend McCormick Recipe Inspirations (http://www.mccormick.com/Products/Recipe-Inspirations.aspx). It's a spice kit developed mainly for convenience I guess. You could just look at the back and get the recipe and buy your own spices. You add your own salt so you can control that portion. I bought a whole chicken that was in the fridge so it had to be cooked. Tonight I made the Garlic Lime Chicken Fajitas using the breast meat and the Rosemary Chicken using the rest of the chicken. Now I have several meal options to use throughout the week.

Off to eat dinner!

PhillyGirl2012
02-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Bunneh, I watched a youtube tabata workout and oh my! That looks like a serious workout.

Sanity, how was window shopping? Was it just "window" or did you pick up some goodies? How was your gym workout?

Novangel, I hope you are feeling better.

Adaem, is your busy time over? What are you up to?

Missjean and AzimuthRing, what's going on with you?

TheBunneh
02-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Just finished my workout. The video (Breathless Body with Amy Dixon) has eight tabata drills, but I paused it every two drills and did a couple minutes of strength work. My muscles are feeling like jelly now!

thinkfit
02-20-2012, 08:31 PM
PhillyGirl2012: Thank you! I've got a lot of spare time on my hands these days, so I figure I might as well make some use of it while I'm lucky enough to have it. :) My sister has the 30 Day Shred, and that seems to be a huge thing around here. Would you recommend it or no?

I got a new workout video today, The Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start. I was kind of surprised how hard it was considering I've been doing pretty well at being active, but wow it was tough to just keep going, since I'm used to taking a minute or two for a breather when I think I need it. Has anyone else tried this DVD? I like it because it's not a bunch of tiny girls in spandex, they're a lot easier to relate to.

TheBunneh: Don't you just love that jelly feeling? Always makes me feel so proud. xD

PhillyGirl2012
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
missjean, so glad you are still with us. Novangel started doing it which inspired me to dust if off. I won't be doing it for 30 days, but I do use it as a quick workout because she packs a punch in little time. This is why I like workout dvd's. They hit you in unexpected places and force your limbs into movements that you don't do in everyday life.

Bunneh, mmmm....jelly! Good job!
Edit-I just looked at the clip of the workout on her website and WOW!

novangel
02-20-2012, 10:20 PM
I think Jean is talking about a different DVD..

Day 5 of 30 Day Shred. I had zero motivation tonight (so tired from work and have PMS fatigue..sorry, TMI) but I managed to force myself. If I don't I'm scared I will fall off the wagon and back to the couch. I have to keep focus of all the clothes I want to look good in this summer. Especially my arms!! I loathe the flab under my upper arms but it's getting better. ;)

PhillyGirl2012
02-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Novangel, way to go for pushing through! Missjean was asking if 30 day shred was recommended cause there are a lot of posts about it on this site. I wrote that you were doing it.

novangel
02-21-2012, 01:59 AM
Oh, I missed that part somehow I must've been tired. lol

Yes, Jean I definitely recommend!! Like I said somewhere before consider 5p hand weights. I bought the DVD at Walmart but read the reviews on Amazon first and a lot of people were saying that the 3p weights didn't give enough resistance. Go with 5p if you feel you can. :)

SanityNow
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Good morning everyone :coffee:

PhillyGirl, I did keep to the window shopping, decided to wait until what I have wears out (or falls off) before I crack open the wallet :lol: The workout was OK, it was so nice out that I couldn't imagine being in the gym, so I took a nice long walk. Today looks like another beautiful day, so I may walk again. On another good note, my 2-pound bump up has resolved; I'm at my new 'good weight' minus a couple of ounces. My crazy eating has also resolved :carrot: me!

Hope we all have a really nice and healthy day.

thinkfit
02-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Hey guys! So I've got a bit of a problem. My laptop stopped working yesterday, so I had to use my sister's old one, and when I just took it out to do the 30DS, the computer wouldn't tolerate the cold and it shut down. I can't really jump around inside, so until I figure something else out, I don't think I can do any DVD workouts for a while. :( I did 5 miles on my bike after the video stopped working, though, and I think I'm gonna take my dog for a walk around the lake soon. So at least it's something.

PhillyGirl: She seriously does pack a punch in a short time! At one point she said something along the lines of "If you want to work out for 20 minutes a day and see results, you don't get to take breaks." Definitely got me to suck it up and keep going.

novangel: It was definitely not easy, especially with the 5lb weights! I only got through about ten minutes before the laptop shut down, but I was seriously feeling it haha.

SanityNow: Congrats! Keep it up :)

PhillyGirl2012
02-21-2012, 05:16 PM
missjean, way to keep it moving. You can still get a great workout on your bike. Do you have internet connection in your workout location? I thought since you are already using a laptop that you can tap into youtube and use some of those workouts.

I talk about resources on youtube all the time. I'm going to do a separate post titled "Resources" that I thought would be useful for people to use if they want.

PhillyGirl2012
02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
RESOURCES

I refer a lot to using youtube as an exercise option. I've listed some links that may be useful. Use the built in playlist feature and you can string workouts together.

Biggest Loser Warm Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HZr2RsKsk)
Leslie Sansone (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2BD769B03124F8A6&feature=g-playlist)
Sparkpeople (http://www.youtube.com/user/sparkpeople?ob=0&feature=results_main)
Fit for Duty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWh4xn7sPY&feature=related)-lots of different workouts from the army..do you dare!
TaeBo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfoekNVgqPU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL824BC2A2E89E1FD1)
Shadowboxer with Kelly Roberts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhlReQeymEA&feature=related)
Core Rhythms Full Workouts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT09bryb0C4&feature=related)
Jillian-1 month Slim Down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbdCT4cI6WY&feature=related)
Yoga Download (http://www.youtube.com/user/YogaDownload#g/u)
Bootcampmc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDedOQYpBsY&feature=related)-she has full workouts posted
Kripalu at Home (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOt35-GQ_8w&feature=related)
Yoga-Rodney Yee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0pZUjXGq8w&feature=related)
Namaste Yoga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPnQSWFPnPQ&feature=related)
HolmTV-Vinyasa Yoga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYhBFAr8mzo&feature=related)
Yoga Booty Ballet-A yoga fusion workout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lLCgMXhCZk&feature=related)
PM Yoga (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylIh2IBEWKU&feature=related)
Pilates (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKFOCo0YPXs&feature=related)
Ekhart Yoga (http://www.youtube.com/user/EkhartYoga)-she has mini, full workouts and a beginner channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&src_vid=H3vLZqPZxZE&annotation_id=annotation_198048&list=SP68C4F42A875FF6B0&v=2B-_aQ5vS9E)
Yoga Evening Stress Release (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KEr4akypeg&feature=related)- look for "GueenBeaAgain"...there are lots of videos posted
BodyJam-For those that like to dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P11HL1h1tR8)
Gilad Step n Tone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSGBV0CknwY&feature=related)
Bootcamp Calorie Burn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtYgmDEddug&feature=related)
Six Pack Abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joTuw6vGWwY&feature=related) Abs of Steel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEpO8YNc08&feature=related) Standing Abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxfTvsucsp0&feature=related) Jillian Mini Abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hHkB5eOXw&feature=related) Slim & 6Pack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf-_hZDKuCc) 6 min abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLZaaT1etTM&feature=related) People doing Ab Ripper X (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDTpo2soS8Q&feature=related)
Tracy Anderson Workout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAqmg3oZ5Qs&feature=related)
Jenny Ford (http://www.youtube.com/user/JennyFordFitness)
Step Reebok (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IpJM29PJR4&feature=related)
Wooden Sword (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVK13Zah3Vg&feature=related)
Liveexercise (http://www.liveexercise.com/)- this is not a youtube channel, but a free exercise resource
Fitness Blender (http://www.fitnessblender.com/) - another free website that appears to only have vocal instruction.
Exercise.com (http://www.exercise.com/) - another freebie, but looks good

thinkfit
02-21-2012, 05:40 PM
phillygirl, if I can find any kind of workout video that doesn't include a lot of jumping around, I'll be able to do it inside so if you know of any that'd be awesome! I'd definitely love a resource post. The computer I'm using until mine is fixed is really old and won't stay on in the cold garage, so using it out there is no longer an option for now.

I just got back from my walk and WOW it is cold out there haha. I also learned the hard way that sometimes shoes are on sale for a reason - serious shin splints!

edit - I'm too slow, you already posted resources! haha. This is amazing, I've been looking to get into yoga so this should also be a great help for that. :)

TheBunneh
02-21-2012, 05:48 PM
I've been taking Tuesdays as rest days, but I felt pretty good today and got in about 45 minutes of step aerobics. So I might make five workouts this week, which would be nice.

SanityNow
02-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Hey missjean, thanks! I think things are going to be alright this time around :^:

PhillyGirl! thanks for the list. Esp. Rodney Yee (he's nice looking :o) Looks like a nice yoga session for tomorrow morning.

Today was an OK day, more walking around. Going to start wearing my Pedometer every day to see what I'm really doing.

Have a good night all !

PhillyGirl2012
02-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Today I am feeling the lat work from yesterday's workout. Its going to be unseasonably warm here this week and I think I will take that time to walk on the trails near my home this week. But today will be a stretch workout using Slim Series-Cool it Off which is an hour long.

Sanity, I have the same thought. I told myself I wasn't going to buy any new clothes any time soon.

Bunneh, way to use that energy!

Missjean, s-t-r-e-t-c-h!

novangel
02-22-2012, 12:12 AM
novangel: It was definitely not easy, especially with the 5lb weights! I only got through about ten minutes before the laptop shut down, but I was seriously feeling it haha.

Yeah, she's brutal. :dizzy:

Nothing tonight, guys. I had a horrific day at work among other things. By the time I got home tonight I just wanted to cry. :(

See everyone tomorrow.

PhillyGirl2012
02-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Happy Hump Day!

Let's make good choices today and keep it movin!

SanityNow
02-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Good morning :coffee2:

Tammi on another thread said something along the lines of 'you don't lose weight to get healthy; you lose weight by getting healthy'. ....makes sense....being active and eating well because it's part of a healthy lifestyle, not waiting for some magic number that will say that I've 'arrived'. Like using the fancy dishes every day, or wearing nice stuff 'just because'. And there was something last night on Biggest Loser (couldn't resist) where, I think it was Bob, told his group something along the lines that if you make decisions based on emotion, it's usually the wrong decision. I think back to food choices that I make based on nostalgia when, if I focused on what is the healthy way to go I'd chose differently.

Have a great day everyone, Happy Hump Day. & Hope you have a better day at work today novangel.

adaem
02-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Ok. I'm back. What a week! I am back on track. 20 mon eliptical yesterday plus about 30 min shoveling heavy wet snow (about 4 inches). Today will be eliptical again and I will try and get upper/lower body done after I am done at my daughters school. Have a good day everyone!

michrichhan
02-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Hello there....new to join in....just getting set up actually. I am remotely comfortable with exercise, having worked out regularly before kids...the lazies getting the best of me. Do you have any recommendations for some at home exercise/fitness DVDs that are decent for starters? Any suggestions are so appreciated!

OH YAY! JUST CAUGHT PHILLYGIRL'S POST ON LAST PAGE THAT LISTED A NUMBER OF EXERCISE VIDEO RESOURCES. THANKS!!!!!

TheBunneh
02-22-2012, 08:06 PM
michrichhan Welcome!

Today was TurboFire 55EZ followed by TurboJam Ab Jam (I quit ab jam a couple minutes early though). Rest day tomorrow.

thinkfit
02-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Welcome michrichhan! Aside from shoveling snow (not quite as much as yours though adaem, wow that's a lot! haha) I decided to take a rest day today. Drinking lots of water in the hope that my muscles will heal up faster. Keep up the good work everyone!

PhillyGirl2012
02-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Hello Everyone!

novangel, I hope you had a better day.

michrichan, welcome to the group! I'm glad you found the "Resource" links and I hope you found something interesting.

Adaem, glad to see you're back! Strangely we didn't get any measurable snowfall this year in philadelphia.

Sanity, thanks for sharing those inspirational words. To focus in on one part of the post, I think a lot of people on here are emotional eaters. I am one that used to, but now I try to identify my feelings before going off the deep end. I think if you don't learn about yourself is where people eventually go back to their old unhealthy ways.

Bunneh, you are kickin butt doing turbo fire!

Ok, tonight's exercise is not gonna happen. I stopped by the supermarket because I wanted to try coconut milk. Well, of course I picked up other stuff too. I'm at the cashier and I do not have my bank card on me. That's the first time that ever happened. The manager put my items in the fridge to hold for me. How nice was that! So I had to come home, get my card and go back to the store...ughh! So now it is after 8pm and I haven't eaten dinner either. Thankfully I already have several proteins already prepared so it will be salmon and salad.

I'm going to say goodnight as I plan to exercise before work.

novangel
02-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Oh geez, now I feel like I am coming down with something so I am scared to push myself. :tired: This has NOT been my week!!

I have worked SO HARD to build endurance I will be furious if I go backwards. :tantrum:

See you guys again ASAP... *sigh*

novangel
02-22-2012, 09:17 PM
Hello there....new to join in....just getting set up actually. I am remotely comfortable with exercise, having worked out regularly before kids...the lazies getting the best of me.

:welcome: :wave:

PhillyGirl2012
02-22-2012, 10:07 PM
novangel, many people push themselves when they are sick. I am not one of them. I hate it when people come to work and infect others too. I say drink more then you normally do and if you feel like doing anything just do some stretches. I hope you feel better soon!

novangel
02-22-2012, 11:06 PM
novangel, many people push themselves when they are sick. I am not one of them. I hate it when people come to work and infect others too. I say drink more then you normally do and if you feel like doing anything just do some stretches. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks.

I agree, I won't push it when I am not feeling ok. I don't know if I'm getting sick or if it's anxiety. I will be alright I'm just scared of losing endurance in the meantime. I would hate to go back to Jillian in a day or 2 and feel like I am starting all over again. :/

Be back soon!!

musicismysoulfire
02-23-2012, 02:29 AM
Hello =D I joined 3FC the other day and I'm really interested in getting involved on here to give/get support and tips =D Right now I go to the gym 5 days a week for about 1 - 1.5 hours. I can feel myself getting fitter, endurance wise and health wise - but not much is happening on the image side of things. I'm thinking maybe it's because I only need to lose about 15 pounds...any suggestions?

I really enjoy exercising and I have no problem getting to the gym and working out, but I also think I'm not doing enough...For cardio I fast-walk instead of jogging and I think it's too easy now, but I'm scared to push myself to run =/

TheBunneh
02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
musicismysoulfire You could always start by just adding in a couple 30 second running intervals to the fast walking, then eventually upping those to a minute, etc.

I've heard a lot of people praise the C25K program. Have you looked into that?

michrichhan
02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Morning group!

Managed to read all the postings in this forum from phillygirls first entry...I feel somewhat caught up with the group. Managed to jog to the Wii Fitness Plus program last night and this morning for a few minutes to say I at least MOVED. Just got my hands on a Leslie Sansone DVD, which I will try this evening. Hoping to tackle Target and/or EBAY for some other fitness videos. Thanks to all for being so motivating with your entries.

PhillyGirl2012
02-23-2012, 12:02 PM
michrichhan, that's the one thing I miss about wii is a couple of the games I loved like we chear. I sold that and got an xbox kinect. These workout games are underestimated I think cause you can get a good workout. Target in my area always has workout dvd's on sale. Might I suggest amazon marketplace also. I've found good deals on there too and I used to sell stuff as well. So just read feedback before you go with a seller.

To continue with michrichhan's "move" moment I want to add that I took the stairs this morning instead of the escalator. LOL...hey, every bit helps.

Anybody else have a "move" moment? A "move" moment is doing something you normally would not have done.

musicismysoulfire
02-23-2012, 12:36 PM
I really like the idea of C25K Bunneh, thanks for the reference! I'll look into a bit more and maybe start with this afternoon's workout ^.^

adaem
02-23-2012, 03:35 PM
No eliptical today yet. I am hoping to get it in after kids get home but I have to take my oldest over to the hospital. She is donating stuffed animals that she made (she got a sewing machine for Christmas) for the pediatrics. Can you say very proud mommy! It looks like we are getting more snow and tomorrow is my day off so I'm thinking 30 day shred in the morning (depending on snow fall and shoveling) and eliptical in the afternoon. I just joined the 5# challenge so hopefully that will give me another little kick.
Hope everyone is having a good day. See you all tomorrow.

PhillyGirl2012
02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
It's quiet in here today.

Adaem, that is very cool of your daughter. I just noticed your location...I was wondering why all the snow.

musicismysoulfire, I thought of doing c25k once upon a time, but never bit the bullet. Let us know how it goes.

Today was an outside walk. It was over 60 degrees here today, but the cold is returning this weekend. Wacky weather we are having. I may play xbox later.

I hope everyone is doing well.

SanityNow
02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Hi everybody!
adaem, that is so nice about your daughter! what a lovely thing for her to do.
novangel, I'm feeling under the weather myself today, tired, headache, throat off :shrug::
phillygirl, we are having weird weather. I like the idea of a 'move' moment. Although I didn't have any today :(

Hi to everyone else. Have a nice evening. I need to get some sleep.....

adaem
02-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Philly: we are in northern Minnesota about 90 miles from the Canadian border. This year we have gotten very little snow compared to what we usually get. We only have maybe 4-5 inches right now. By now we usually have 2-3 feet. I am loving this winter (until now - I do not like snow).

musicismysoulfire
02-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Glad to hear everyone's day went well ^.^ I start the C25K and it was a good workout, I felt properly challenged again!

PhillyGirl2012
02-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm glad to see everyone's post. On page 9 is a "resource (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/251331-get-movin-9.html)" post from me. I updated it with a new website I found called Fitness Blender (http://www.fitnessblender.com/). It's free, but appears to only have vocal instructions. Meaning no music or background noise whatsoever.

Sanity, take care of yourself. No point in having a lingering illness when it could be prevented with proper rest.

music, come on now...more feedback on your first c25k workout.

adaem, you are living in a heck of a location to not like snow. I love watching it fall, but I hate having to travel in it.

I'm off to bed. Till tomorrow!

Samanthia
02-24-2012, 12:27 AM
I just finished Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 2... im pooped!

Slim CB
02-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Do you ladies mind if I join? I normally track my exercise minutes in a ticker? This thread seems very vibrant and may be what I need to keep motivated.

TheBunneh
02-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Slim CB Welcome! Glad to have you join! =)

I'm going to wait until I see how I feel this afternoon to choose what my workout will be. Right now I have to go get ready for a doctor appointment this morning. Am I the only one who hates seeing doctors? Oh well, at least it will get me off of a medication which proved useless. =/

free1
02-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Can I Join In?

Need somewhere to hold myself accountable. On 2/14, I started a 30-day Tae Bo challenge. My goal is to do a Tae Bo workout (the entire thing) for 30 days, 6-days a week. I allow 1 day as a rest day (which I need). I have been doing lower impact exercises for about a year but started mixing in Tae Bo in December. It really challenges me so I decided to do a 30-day challenge for myself.

So far, so good. I alternate between the harder workouts (Tae Bo Celebrity Sculpt) and the ones with lower intensity (Tae Bo Cardio/Tae Bo Amped I). I realize that I LOVE the sweaty feeling at the end.

My hard part is being accountable and finishing what I started. Hope it's okay if I stick my head in once in awhile.

SanityNow
02-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Good morning everyone Happy Friday
Welcome free1 :)
Woke up feeling refreshed. Walked to the store and back this morning; bought some veggies, beautiful french bread (to scoop out) and chicken breast. Plan to do some sun salutations later on followed by stretching. Monday I have a session with a trainer at my gym, it came with the membership I bought a few months ago. I've been putting it off, because i don't want to get into the 'trainer' loop where I'm paying $$$ for something I can't sustain, but the woman in charge of the program said she totally understands and agreed there won't be a big sell. I'm looking forward to getting a strength building program.
Have a great weekend.

musicismysoulfire
02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Haha, ok Philly, my first C25K workout was good, kind of easy, I might need to up the running speed. I started walking at 4.5 and ran at 6.0 with the alternating times they suggest ^.^ Today I might up the run to 6.3 or so. =]

adaem
02-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Yay some new people! I did 20 min of yoga and 20 min of eliptical. I am hoping to do something similar tomorrow but I totally lose my motivation on the weekends. Have a good evening every one.

PhillyGirl2012
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Am I the only one having trouble getting on this website? I only just tried this evening (almost 7pm), but I had a problem yesterday too. I've had a super busy day today so this is the first time I've gotten to post. I hope everyone had a happy Friday!

Wow, so many new members! Welcome free1, slimcb and samanthia. If you need a new workout or just want to explore the treasures of the internet, on page 9 is a "Resource" post I thought people would find of interest.

Sanity, I hope you don't get hassled at the gym. I tried one last year and from the door I can tell it was their goal to sign me up. I didn't go for it and I didn't go back either.

Bunneh, I hope your appointment went well. The only thing I hate about the doctor is having my blood pressure taken. I sincerely hate having that done with every fiber of my being.

samanthia, are you doing 30 day shred as a program or just the individual workouts? Novangel was doing it as a program, but she is not feeling well at the moment.

slimcb, that's an interesting approach tracking your minutes in a ticker. So what have you been doing? Inquiring minds want to know.

free1, I must say that I don't enjoy the sweaty feeling. I used to though, but I will be thrown back into that feeling next week. More on that later.

adaem, the weekend is when I can generally stick to the workout, but slip with the food. Let's hope we can break our weekend trend.

music, so do you like the c25k format? Sounds like its a gradual workout which is a good thing. Too much too soon tends to turn people off.

novangel, I hope you are feeling better.

michrichan and missjean, what's going on with you?

I've had a rough, busy day and I need to do something that makes me smile. So I'll be dancing as my evening workout. Thankfully no rush to get to bed cause IT'S FRIDAY!! No work for me tomorrow...yay!

Ok, I'm off to tackle what I just wrote.

TheBunneh
02-24-2012, 10:28 PM
PhillyGirl Thank you, it did go okay. I hate getting my blood pressure taken too. It always feels like my arm will fall off! :lol: I hope you enjoy your dancing!

Everyone's doing great. Good job!

Tonight I got in about 40 minutes of kickboxing.

novangel
02-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm back, I couldn't log in for 2 days!

Philly, turns out I wasn't getting sick it was just major stress from a few things. I actually felt like I was coming down with a bad head cold or flu though...weird.

Anyway, to get up to speed here I did Jillian 30DS Thursday night and Friday morning. Today is a rest day.

To all the newcomers: :welcome: :wave:

TheBunneh
02-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Happy Saturday everyone. :dizzy:

I'm planning for pilates and yoga for my workout this afternoon, maybe some light weights. I'm feeling pretty icky (wondering if part of it might be withdrawal from my medication) so I'm going to wait until later to really decide how hard I'm going to push today.

PhillyGirl2012
02-25-2012, 03:25 PM
novangel, it's weird how the body works. I recently went to a ears, nose, throat specialist who informed me that he thought the majority of my sinus episodes were migraines. After explaining my symptoms, he said many of the same organs are affected in a migraine attack and a sinus attack. I'm glad you pinpointed your problem.

I finally rolled out of bed at the crack of noon. Yeah, I like to sleep in on the weekends but I didn't go to bed till like 3am anyway. I was looking at this lady on youtube (http://youtu.be/AFf94XcO3Po) who had an awesome recipe for protein pancakes, but not the traditional kind. There's also this other guy (http://youtu.be/97EcB-nwd5I) that has posted recipes for dessert options. I am a huge dessert freak and am always finding ways to get my fix in healthier options.

I'm trying to have a good food day today. I started off with a smoothie made with the coconut milk I bought the other day. I like it better than almond milk for sure. It's a little thicker compared to cow's milk and didn't taste like coconut but it did have a mild flavor to it. I'm off to the store to look for coconut flour, buckwheat groats, chia seeds and brown rice flour. Workout info to follow later today.

I hope everyone is having a great day Saturday!

musicismysoulfire
02-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Philly, the C25K structure is exactly what I needed :) It is a gradual process, and something I feel I can do and having it all planned out makes it a lot easier as well ^.^

Unfortunately I didn't get to go to the gym yesterday, or even out for a walk :( I got caught up seeing people I haven't seen in awhile xD But today I'm definitely going, and I found a great suggested weight-training rotation I want to try out! I got it from the SparkPeople website :)

stlrsgrl43
02-25-2012, 03:34 PM
QUESTION, I go to the gym at least 6 days a week. I walk the treadmill at approx 3.0 with a 3.0 incline for 30/40 minutes everyday. On Mon, Wed, & Fri I have a session with my personal trainer as well as the walking. I try to stay at 1500 calories a day. Should I eat more calories on Mon, Wed & Fri, seems like I am hungrier. Here's my stats from this past Wed. food, Calories: 1557 fat: 58.45g
protein: 121.27g
carbs: 148.78g

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SanityNow
02-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone :)

Bunneh, hope you're feeling better soon.

PhillyGirl, I decided to cancel that appt. on Monday, don't want the hassle of dealing with the gym. Maybe I'll look to a trainer at some point later on...I've worked with them in the past; the 2 that I had were great, but it's just not sustainable for me now. I'm getting good results with the pilates and enjoy the mish mash I've been doing on my own. Just need to get consistent with it.

So today I was out and about. Went to Macy's for spring inspiration and then walked about 1 1/2 mile to the petshop. It felt like a longer walk - the wind was in my face the whole way...I'm pooped!

Have a nice evening everyone...

michrichhan
02-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Hello Get Moving Group!!!! Welcome New Members....As a new member I'm pumped by the discipline you all have in logging in and sharing your experiences. I left you all with my intention of browsing/shopping/buying a couple of fitness videos (wanted to have a variety)..and am looking forward to trying some new ones in the days to come. Over the past 2 days since logging in, I have basically jogged to Wii Fit in the morning, and have done Leslie Sansone's Walk aerobics (just doing the 1 mile for the first week or two) in the evening. I have bought 5 lbs dumbells and have been doing upper body weights (bicep curls, shoulder press, and tricep "pull ups"). will do 1 set 20 reps each, take a 3 min break and repeat the set.

Next weekends' goal: I'm literally putting caution tape around the sofa and TV for the full length of Saturday....It's going to be a new tradition we start at our house. This will make it easier to stay busy and moving.

Happy Saturday to ya'll!

musicismysoulfire
02-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Today's workout was a huge success! The C25K is working really well for me, and I upped my running speed to 6.2mph. Today I combined it with a new weight training schedule and man do I feel good! Add in a 30 minute walk outside and waking at noon today didn't feel so bad :)

michrichhan Glad to hear you're starting to get pumped up and moving =D I get more motivated knowing that I can come on here and post my progress ^.^

SanityNow
02-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Next weekends' goal: I'm literally putting caution tape around the sofa and TV for the full length of Saturday....It's going to be a new tradition we start at our house. This will make it easier to stay busy and moving.

michrichhan, that is a brilliant idea! I've thought to lug the sofa into the bedroom so I can't vegg, but haven't LOL

I ordered a Leslie Sansone DVD yesterday. I've seen her mentioned a bit on the threads, and couldn't imaging an indoor walking session...caught a bit on youtube and it looks like fun!

PhillyGirl2012
02-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Sanity, Leslie is very chatty during her workouts. But, she keeps you interested even though there are only 4 moves. What's the name of the workout you bought? I have several and the 5-mile is my fav because its a different focus for every mile. The set is bright and colorful too which visually helps me somehow.

music, wow that's a lot of walking! You are very inspiring!

michrichan, way to go with using what you have. Using the caution tape is too funny. I can just imagine what an unexpected visitor might think.

So, my last message was that I went shopping for coconut flour. I spent a lot of time in the store just basically browsing the "natural" isle and taking it all in. I went to 5 stores in search of the items I wanted and I am beat now. I've been watching those youtube videos that I posted and they really opened my eyes to all sorts of possibilities. I'm slated to start Jillian Michael's Body Revolution with a group on here starting Monday. I think I'm going to start a blog to chart my journey.

I need a nap.

TheBunneh
02-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Got in 20 minutes pilates, 20 minutes light aerobics, and 20 minutes alternating ab work and push-ups.

SanityNow
02-25-2012, 09:46 PM
PhillyGirl, it's the 5-mile fat burning one. It looks like fun; kinda like a dance for people who don't dance ;). I realized that I prefer low impact, esp at home since I have downstairs neighbors and I'd rather not have to replace their ceiling :rofl:

I figure for the $$$ I spend on a gym membership, I can have a nice collection of exercise classes on dvd + an occasional in-person pilates or yoga class...I have 2 more dvd's on the way in...one ab work and one kinda kick-boxing... I am determined to find the right exercise fit. So far, I've felt great benefits from pilates; now I need more general strength and muscle building, with some cardio other than walking outside or the gym machines...

Bunneh....yours sounds like a nice combination work-out...

PhillyGirl2012
02-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm in the same boat with downstairs neighbors. I do have a den where my workout stuff is, but it has become overrun with other crap during my hiatus. I'm going to clean up tomorrow.

If you're looking for something unique, I like Forza (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNuZvd057NY). I even have a wooden sword, but the movements can just be mimicked or use a small object like a ruler. I love this instructor, Ilaria. She is so very poised and precise in her instruction. I found her because I love kickbox workouts. She's the creator of Powerstrike (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvvLbbiP4DA&feature=related)workouts.

musicismysoulfire
02-26-2012, 04:00 AM
I just really enjoy walking xD I try to walk an hour a day at least ;) Sounds like y'all are doing great with your videos and everything though =D I hope you all find what motivates you :)

novangel
02-26-2012, 04:15 AM
I can feel my jeans are less tight the last 2 days. I can't wait to weigh in after my monthly cycle ends. :D

Just wanted to share!

SanityNow
02-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Good morning all :coffee2:

music...thanks for the words of support. A good walk is very satisfying :)

novangel...jean victories are the best! I bet once your TOM is over you'll have to put them in the dryer :carrot:

PhillyGirl, I thought her name was familiar... I went through the college video website the other day and found the teacher you're talking about - WOW - just like you said: precise and poised - I ordered her upper body and abs and kickboxing dvds.

I know that I'm flapping around here exercise-wise, but I'm figuring out what hasn't worked and moving forward, instead of trying over and over again to do something that hasn't worked for me.

So it looks like a gorgeous day out there today...going to lace up my sneakers... have a great day everybody!!!

TheBunneh
02-26-2012, 10:26 AM
PhillyGirl I love her Bodystrike workouts.

PhillyGirl2012
02-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

I never bought her bodystrike, but I do have forza and a couple of powerstrike workouts.

sanity, I have MANY workouts and access to Netflix and amazon video on demand for additional if I wanted. I don't see it as flipping around, but rather introducing yourself to something new or different. I think that has been a problem of mine getting stagnant. But like someone already said I just need to work on being consistent.

novangel, how cool is that! Sadly, the first place I lose from are my ankles and no I am not kidding....what the freak!

I found a coconut muffin recipe last night on a blog I follow that I'm going to try. Sometimes I just like the smell and I haven't baked since the holidays. Wait, that's only two months ago...lol...oh well. I do wish I had my coconut flour, but I ended up ordering it online along with other goodies. On tap for the day is cleaning up my exercise space too.

TheBunneh
02-26-2012, 02:55 PM
I love Bodystrike because it's all about the kicks. It's helped me so much with form and control. I tried one of the Powerstrike dvds but didn't like it as much. I hadn't thought about using an object like a ruler for the Forza workouts... I may look into that. I think Ilaria is a great instructor, definitely up there with my favorites.

SanityNow I change up my workouts all the time because it's what keeps me interested and motivated. I love trying new workouts. I don't see anything wrong with having lots of variety. =)

musicismysoulfire
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I think variety in workouts is really good :) Doing the same exercises over and over and over again without a change up can lead to a loss of motivation and a lot of plateauing. BodyRock.tv has some really great workouts too - they're short and VERY high energy. They can get pretty difficult though

SanityNow
02-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi! Today's fun was a big walk...racked up 11,622 on my pedometer :dance: Weather was perfect and I felt real good. Thanks for straightening me out on the 'flip flop' thing. You guys are such great support!

See you tomorrow . . . :cheer3:

thinkfit
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been kind of MIA. For the past few days I've just been taking long walks - haven't been feeling so great, but I figure it's better to do less than I usually would instead of nothing at all, right? (:

musicismysoulfire
02-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Today for me was a 45 minute fast walk ^.^ I'm celebrating a friend's birthday tonight, so bowling should be a bit more exercise too =D

PhillyGirl2012
02-26-2012, 07:46 PM
missjean, sending hugs your way. Fight that gloom though. As we know it just festers and leads to other negative feelings/habits. Good going on the walks.

PhillyGirl2012
02-27-2012, 07:38 AM
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYBODY!

Today I started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I plan to do two workouts a day. Everybody knows how I've struggled with working out early in the morning. After previewing the workout last night I knew that I couldn't just jump into her type of workout. I warmed up with George Foreman's Walk n Box for 15 minutes. I felt a nice warming in my body so then I started Jillian's workout. I put all the phase 1 workouts on one dvd so no fumbling around with dvd's for me.

Off to make a smoothie and get ready for work. Have a great day everybody!

Slim CB
02-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Happy Monday ladies!

I managed to get in 3 hours exercise between Friday evening and this morning!

TheBunneh
02-27-2012, 10:41 AM
PhillyGirl Two workouts a day every day? No rest days?

CB Good work!

PhillyGirl2012
02-27-2012, 10:49 AM
bunneh, it's the kickstart program and its for 6 days I think. I think I read that sunday was to be the rest day. I may switch that around though.

TheBunneh
02-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh, okay. Just wanted to make sure you were at least getting a day to let your body heal. =)

michrichhan
02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Good morning Gang!!!

Looking forward to Spring. Come on already! Well I'm still plugging away with Leslie Sansone's Walk aerobics...but have now started doing a portion of it in the morning and a longer session at night. I am so out of shape so am keeping my short term goals reasonable for the next few weeks. I am so happy to check in and see where many of you have once started with your weight, only to hear you all kicking butt with your workouts. It helps me see down the road to where I will (hopefully soon) one day be able to keep up with something like the Jillian Michaels' workouts.

I have been trying to get more creative with my time/planning to allow for some workout time in the morning. I have a 10 yr old daughter, and a night shift working husband.....so far (as I am a morning person) been waking up at 440....it gives me enough time to incorporate a little something. will work at planning in the evening things like getting next day's clothes ready, lunch prep etc..to help my be more efficient.

Think I'm gonna go to the library and check out a couple of fitness videos for a "test run" before I buy....

Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday!

musicismysoulfire
02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Happy Monday everyone! Just got back from the gym ^.^ Today was C25K, still going strong! Strength training and a 15 minute cool-down on the elliptical. I'm tired now, but a good protein bar should help a bit =D

How has everyone's day been?

TheBunneh
02-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Just finished 45 minutes kickboxing followed by TurboFire HIIT15. Definitely spent. Rest day tomorrow, or maybe light yoga.

Hope everyone has great workouts today!

PhillyGirl2012
02-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Sounds like everybody is rockin and rollin along. I was gonna do a second workout today, but I just got home from work and its after 7pm. Not gonna happen! Tonights workout would have been gravy anyway so I'm not too bummed about it.

Off to eat dinner and relax till bed. Nite all!

novangel
02-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I made it halfway through Jillian and felt like I was gonna die so I quit. My monthly cycle (hormones) makes my anxiety disorder spike. Oh well, try again tomorrow.

novangel
02-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Better yet, now that I know, I will go back to Yoga 4-5 days out of the month. Problem solved. ;)

PhillyGirl2012
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
novangel, how far were you into the workout before you quit?

On another not....OUCH! My body upper body is very sore today from workout 1 of the 90-day program I'm doing. When I woke up it was freezing in my apartment and I turned on the heat. Well, I got back in bed while my place warmed up and fell back to sleep. I often get back in bed while my place warms up, but I didn't want to fall back to sleep today. Anywho, now I'm late and still haven't gotten the morning workout in I wanted to do. Now, I will HAVE to do it tonight.

See ya later for my next workout report. Now, I'm off to work!

musicismysoulfire
02-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Gooooood morning everybody ^.^ My body is a bit sore from yesterday's workout but some good stretching is helping with that :)

novangel
02-28-2012, 03:19 PM
About half way, Philly. I could feel the onset of a panic attack so I just stopped. I'm prone to attacks during my cycle even though my heart rate wasn't even that high. :confused: Just something I have been dealing with a few years now. The hormone fluxuations make it worse but figured I'd take a chance and I learned the hard way. ;)

Tonight will either be another attempt at Jillian or Yoga. See how I feel.

SanityNow
02-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi everyone! got in a hour walking today - gorgeous day :)

You guys are rocking it :carrot:

PhillyGirl2012
02-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Sanity, your are my "globe" neighbor. Supposed to be a soaker tomorrow.

novangel, I hope your anxiety level has decreased.

music, ahhh...soreness! I'm playing that record right now...lol

bunneh, jealous of your rest day.

To the missing in action...missjean, adaem....hope you are still moving.

Speaking of moving, today was workout 2 of my program. I am so very sore still although its gotten better as the day went on. I can't believe I'm looking forward to not lifting weight tomorrow. In this workout were supermans and I can't say that I like them. Oh and buttkicks. I hate being on my knees...makes em sore, but I did it.

Now I'm off to eat and figure out my heart rate monitor maybe.

musicismysoulfire
02-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Lol Philly, but if we're not sore it's not working xD

I didn't get a chance to work out properly today :( I was in class and meetings for a while, then went out with people for some grocery shopping (FINALLY got healthy foods again! YAY!) and now it's 11:30 and I've got homework to do xD

PhillyGirl2012
02-29-2012, 09:39 AM
HAPPY HUMP DAY!

I got to work super early so I can leave super early. No am workout and today is cardio day. It takes too much to get the body warm in the morning so I will do it this afternoon...hence getting to work super early. That way I should be done by 6pm instead of starting at 6:30-7pm. Surprisingly the soreness is more manageable today. I'm not wincing when I lift my arms today, lol. It's supposed to rain a lot today so no outside walk today, but my office building is connected to a mall so I think I'll go mall walking on my lunch break. All in all I'm feeling pretty good.

I hope everyone is doing well and LET'S GET MOVIN'!

SanityNow
02-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Good morning everybody :coffee2:

So this is the last day of February February helped me to put aside my old ways of looking at this process of getting healthy. I'm seeing my non-productive patterns more quickly and starting fresh right away. For instance, in the past, I would have stopped participating in threads because I felt that I wasn't doing as well as everyone else....but now I see how much I've learned from all of you and how much this thread inspires me.
I'm also giving myself credit for what I've achieved...I've maintained my 15 pound weight loss, which I initially didn't acknowledge on my ticker because I thought it was 'old news'. But I've kept off 15 pounds and that's really great. :encore:

I hope everyone has a good day. Philly, I think you're right - we are going to get some weather . . .Today is going to be abs day - I love that tight girdle feeling I get after a session.

musicismysoulfire
02-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Today I actually woke up without snoozing my alarm :) I can't wait to get to the gym later! Yesterday was too lazy and want my cardio back =]

novangel
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I was unable to work out last night. I got home late from an insane day at work and had a lot of things I had to get done before bed. :dizzy:

Today is NICE out so I'm going to have a long walk outside and then Jillian tonight! :carrot:

Philly, I feel a lot better today. :) I think from here I can go back into "fire" mode for a while. I was really struggling for a few days. I talked with my doc before about it and she said it's a common complaint for anxiety/panic sufferers to have worsening symptoms during the dreaded cycle. So if I slow down considerably at the end of March you will all know why. :^:

Okay, enough about me......

Alright ladies, I will report back tonight! Have a great day!

adaem
02-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I have been very bad about checking in. I have excersized every day though. I really need to remember to get on the site. It is so helpful and motivating. Have a good day everyone.

TheBunneh
02-29-2012, 12:21 PM
Sanity You're doing great! And you should definitely feel proud about maintaining. :cheer2:

Philly Glad you're less sore today.

Ally Yay for being excited about your workout! Hope you have a great one.

novangel Good luck with the walk and Jillian.

adaem Great to see you!

I'm planning for TurboFire today depending on how I feel later on. I'm thinking Fire60, but I'm not sure if I'm up for an hour of turbo... we'll see.

SanityNow
02-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks Bunneh :)

TheBunneh
02-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Also, just a quick note I wanted to throw out because Sanity's mention of "not doing as well" as everyone else got me thinking. We should all feel proud of our progress regardless of what it looks like stacked up to someone else's. We're all here and we're all trying and moving forward. It's easy to let in thoughts like "yeah, but someone else could have done x, y, and z so my workout wasn't as good" but it's not true.

I feel a kind of bad because I'm only working out about four days a week, and I miss the time when I was at six days a week. But I know that I'm pushing myself and my body as much as I can right now without sacrificing my health. I hope everyone here is feeling awesome about themselves simply because you're doing your personal best. :flow2:

Mkay, enough waxing philosophical for me!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Gome3uy4T04/TpYA4RY826I/AAAAAAAAAQ4/Hxb315GT-Dk/s400/Lapping+couch.jpg

PhillyGirl2012
02-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Bunneh, those are true words of inspiration for sure! I could not have said it better myself. I know that this has been a challenge for me and I am very glad that others have found this thread and joined in.

I must say that I do think I would have stopped like two weeks ago, but reading everyone's story kept it (exercise) on my mind. Now, I've chosen to be in the thick of it with a 90 day program.

Today's exercise is cardio 1 from Jillian's Body Revolution. This workout included some light plyo moves which I'm sure my neighbors were looking at their ceiling cause I don't make much noise in general. Oh well, it was only for 30 minutes and its over now. Figuring out my heart rate monitor will be job 1 this weekend. I can see my heart rate which has been on the higher end of my scale so I am curious of the calorie count.

Ok, off to find dinner.

SanityNow
02-29-2012, 07:49 PM
OK. I just previewed Ilaria's Bodystrikes Vol 2. :o

This is going to be fun...

TheBunneh
02-29-2012, 07:55 PM
I did do Fire60 but I skipped the stretch so it was more like Fire50 ;) and followed it by about 10 minutes of step aerobics for an active cool down. Tomorrow will probably be all strength work. Now I'm off to stretch and shower!

OK. I just previewed Ilaria's Bodystrikes Vol 2. :o

This is going to be fun...

Love that one! Much harder than Bodystrikes vol 1 because it has a LOT more balance work. I've found that I really need to focus on core/ab control in vol 2, otherwise I fall over! :lol:

PhillyGirl2012
02-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Balance work, really? I need to work on that big time. I may look into this one.

musicismysoulfire
02-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Excellent words of inspiration Bunneh :)

Sanity, we all hit that point at some time. I think the important thing to remember is that you're still trying and making the effort, which is way more than a lot of people do. We all have different goals and ways of reaching them, every victory all of us have are important. And non victories are something to put aside and remember the experience :)

So today for me was pretty good. I woke up nice and early, had a great breakfast and got everything I needed done! My workout at the gym today was C25K, by Monday I'll be on the next level =D My heart rate has already become more manageable since I started, and I'm reaching my calorie burn goal (at least 300) by doing it too :)Then I had a great strength training workout too. 30 minutes working every section ^.^

Since then I've just been in meetings and went for a 'stroll' outside for a bit to wind down after a busy day :)

musicismysoulfire
02-29-2012, 10:54 PM
I must say that I do think I would have stopped like two weeks ago, but reading everyone's story kept it (exercise) on my mind. Now, I've chosen to be in the thick of it with a 90 day program.

Philly, I think it's awesome that everyone's stories here have helped you out with your exercise :) Forums like this are great for motivation ^.^

novangel
02-29-2012, 11:06 PM
We didn't wind up going for a walk it turned out to be much colder than I had thought it was going to be. Summer can't get here fast enough.

Anyway, I did Jillian tonight but I modified a bit on the cardio. Have a good night, guys.

SanityNow
03-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Good morning all! :coffee2:

Music, thanks for the encouragement :)

March 1st...my New Year! Resolution Keep Moving.

Have a great day.

free1
03-01-2012, 10:28 AM
QUICK CHECK IN:

Still on my 30-day Tae Bo plan (ends on 3/15). 30-days of Tae Bo (the whole thing) with 1 rest day a week. So far, so good. I think I'm gonna make it.

TheBunneh
03-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Morning group. Hope everyone has a fabulous start to March!

My start involves snow. Lots and lots and LOTS of cold fluffy snow. It's supposed to be spring coming dangit! Why didn't we get these storms in December when they were kinda expected? *grumble*

Planning for P90X arms and shoulders followed by Turbo Jam lower body this afternoon. :workout:

PhillyGirl2012
03-01-2012, 01:29 PM
You guys rock!

bunneh, didn't know you were into p90x? I think you will get a bonus workout digging out of all that snow.

free1, great to see your post. Which taebo program are you doing? Drop in more often.

sanity, I'm right there with that resolution to keep it movin!

Well, I played hooky today from work. No exercise yet, but my goal is to clean out my den which I wrote about doing before, but didn't do it yet. Today is to be workout 1 from the program. I gotta say that Jillian was right about the recovery period. The soreness is 90% gone and she has us hitting the muscles again after a period of rest.

Off to clean...exercise will be in a couple of hours.

TheBunneh
03-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Philly I did the program (didn't complete it) last summer coupled with TurboFire, but then my health exploded and I had to take a step back. (Breaking down sobbing uncontrollably in the middle of exercise because of the fatigue was a sign that maaaybe it was a but too much for me at the time.) I really like the workouts though. I'm not looking to do a specific scheduled program right now, or ever again really because I've found I do better making my own choices. But I'm probably gonna start alternating P90X and Chalean Extreme for my strength work since I'm building up the stamina again.

PhillyGirl2012
03-01-2012, 03:13 PM
bunneh, those are two intense programs. I'm sorry you had the breakdown, but I take those types of things as a wake up call. I think several things have happened to many of us on this thread that fear has taken hold. That is mainly why I wanted to just get moving without the pressure of specifics. As you can see by my interaction with everyone that posts that I literally read each and every post and take an interest in everyone. It really does help me to know that I am not alone because I have little support from family and friends. I mean everybody knows, but no one is working out with me or even has a remote interest. So, you guys help me and I hope that I help in someway too. Like I wrote before, I surely would have stopped because it being winter and I just want to hibernate. I look at your ticker with inspiration. You were almost where I am now. We are the same height and I weigh 206. My highest weight ever was 220 a few years ago. It's been over a month now and we are still here. I've read that it takes 21 days to make a habit and the brain (addiction, sedentary) plays many tricks. I fight these feelings everyday because I have a different goal this year for myself.

PhillyGirl2012
03-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Got my workout room all cleaned up. Now I can use my cardio equipment. I think I'll use the treadmill before Jillian's workout tomorrow morning. So I figured out my heart rate monitor today. Too bad I didn't figure it out before my cleanup session cause it would have been fun to see how many calories I burned dusting, vacuuming and repositioning my workout goodies.

Today was workout 1 of Jillian's Body Revolution program and I burned 477 calories. I feel a bit weak though on account I only had one meal today so far. That's what happens when I have a cleanup goal.

Ok, off to find nourishment.

TheBunneh
03-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Philly Good job on the cleaning and the workout!

I just finished P90x arms and shoulders followed by TJ Lower Body. All my muscles feel like jelly. :dizzy:

I joined the March points challenge in the 100lb club, and since I don't want to lose points for rest days I'm going to try to get at least a gentle 15 minute workout and view them as recovery days; not pushing myself but still getting some good movement. Tomorrow I'll probably do a light walk on my little manual treadmill.

novangel
03-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I went at it hard with Jillian tonight. :strong: As soon as it was over I thought I was going to keel over but now I feel awesome. :D

I wonder how long until I can build the endurance to go to level 2.

See everyone tomorrow!

novangel
03-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I also wanted to add that February was a rough start for me, hopefully March is much smoother. :crossed:

Happy March, everyone!

PhillyGirl2012
03-01-2012, 10:19 PM
novangel, February was definitely a rough start for me to, but I think I'm in a better groove now. Good job on going full force with Jillian. I have no idea about 30 day shred cause I didn't use it for that long. Maybe take a look at the exercise thread for 30ds to get some idea.

musicismysoulfire
03-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Workout today was more C25K, which I'm changing up a bit with a higher walking speed, and longer intervals ^.^ The sweat keeps coming and going up 3 flights of stairs to my dorm several times a day is MUCH easier already =D

PhillyGirl2012
03-02-2012, 06:59 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY AND T.G.I.F.!

Good morning! It's almost 6am and I'm about to do my workout. Let's go people, get movin!

EDIT: workout done! Today's workout was a 15 minute warm up on the treadmill followed by workout 2 of the program. I have to say my energy left at about the 20 minute mark and I felt queazy. I stopped and drank a little orange juice and continued on with caution.

WOW, my heart rate monitor says 684 calories for my 50 minute effort. Not bad!

TheBunneh
03-02-2012, 11:58 AM
We got MORE snow. :rolleyes:

Today I'm planning for a gentle walk on my treadmill

Philly Way to go on the workout! I can barely even walk down a flight of stairs at 6 am. :lol:

musicismysoulfire Good job, seems like you're making amazing progress.

SanityNow
03-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi. It's cold out! Yesterday was walking - a little over 6,000 steps. Today was 1.5 hours of yoga.

BTW, I lost my pedometer today. I think it was the Universe telling me to stop being anal about this stuff.

Have a great weekend all !

TheBunneh
03-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Morning group! :exercise:

I got a ten minute walk on my treadmill followed by five minutes on the stationary bike last night. I'm not sure what I'm going to do this afternoon. I'm wanting to do an hour of step aerobics but I don't know if I'll have the energy.

Right now I'm off to Costco! Hope you all have a great Saturday.

musicismysoulfire
03-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Man, yesterday was just BUSY. I couldn't get to the gym at all, but I at least managed a 30 minute walk outside! Today is gonna be a day for outside walking (it's beautiful out) and some gym time :)

SanityNow
03-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone :running:
Found my pedometer on the kitchen table! Logged in 8848 steps. Really enjoy the fresh air I get in my walks.

novangel
03-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Nothing last night I was dead tired after work...gonna work out in about 20 minutes.

I feel a little thinner, my arms are less flabby, and my jeans feel better but WHY hasn't the scale moved!?! :( Will it take a few months to see a big difference or what?

SanityNow
03-03-2012, 04:17 PM
It may take a while for the scale to shift in the right direction, but you are seeing non-numerical improvements that show you are on the right track and improving the health of your body. Keep going . . .

TheBunneh
03-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I got in a half hour of step aerobics, felt too ill to do more. Then I took a loooong hot, hot bath and I'm planning to mostly just laze around the rest of the day. I think I'll do Turbo Jam Ab Jam tomorrow.

PhillyGirl2012
03-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Hello Everyone!

Like Sanity I took a walk today. It was nice to shed the winter coat, put on my tunes and go. I initially asked someone to go too, but she didn't want to. I almost let that deter me, but I just went by myself. I nixed jillian's cardio today and walked instead.

bunneh, take care of yourself. Sometimes its just to chill. In fact its mandatory in my book.

novangel, please take a moment to enjoy your progress and changes you've made. I know for me the scale is not my friend so I don't put too much stock in it. It's not the end all....there are other positive things happening for you.

musicismysoulfire
03-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Today was a good day for exercise =D I walked for a bit, it was amazing outside. And got in some gym time for C25K and weight training :) This week I've been a bit stressed, so I think I'm going to take away one of my gym days (I go 5 times a week) and make it an aerobics day ^.^

SanityNow
03-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Morning guys, Happy Sunday :wave:
Sunday is my 'recommitment' day. For today:
1. get an insulated lunch bag to carry my food so I eat what I should eat.
2. get some paperwork together for the week
3. put in an hour of 'freestyle' exercise
Hope the day works for you ! 'See you' tomorrow

PhillyGirl2012
03-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Happy Sunday!

I'm taking care of chores today. I got up early to do laundry. My protein (turkey legs and chicken legs) are stewing to be used as protein for the week. I've been wanting to cook lentils so I'm looking for a tasty recipe for that. Eggs are boiled for breakfast. I feel like baking something and I may try a new healthy snack today.

There's a commercial and I don't remember the exact product, but the premise is when you start to change one thing it often has a ripple effect for something else. My fitness goals were not in line with my current dietary eating. I've had ice cream a couple nights this week and this weekend chicken wings and pizza with family. Needless to say I was worshiping the porcelain gods yesterday. I've had a bit of time without the greasy chicken wings and my body let me know it no longer wanted them.

I hope everyone is doing well and its back to Jillian tomorrow with workout 1. I won't be doing it till after work though because of having to be out of the house by 6am.

I'm off to find recipes!