South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Beach Babbling - January 24

Hey! Nearly the end of January and Christmas Eve is just 11 more months. Try not to get too excited.

I'm up extra early this morning because I need to go to the city for some tests - nothing to worry about. I'm hoping to work in some shopping while I'm there. I do try to shop locally but the produce selection around here is pretty sad this time of year. I'm not sure what I want but am thinking snow peas and maybe some fennel.

I chopped the ice off two of the small porches yesterday but the deck and steps down to the dogyard are still coated. Poor Disney is afraid to go down the steps. Doug shoveled all the snow off the deck and stairs yesterday but that made things worse, I'm afraid. Everything under the snow was glare ice. I may have to resort to salt to get the ice started melting. That means washing and drying eight paws a lot so I'm hoping the mild temps continue for a while and melts the stuff.

Not a good way to start the day with a gripe so I'll go get another coffee and brighten up my morning with a browse through some quilt patterns.

Here's a mug with some SF Irish cream syrup in it - that should help!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, I'm glad to have my calendar straight....thanks! I hope your day is stress free as you travel for tests and fit some fun stuff in, too!

Me, travelling right after work today so I need to pack, but I've been online w/AlaskaAirlines trying to figure out our tickets. I wore my pedometer to work yesterday and logged over 4 miles. Now I think I can officially call it getting paid to exercise-and it wasn't even very busy.

Have a great day everyone! I'd best get my act together here. Swimming pool here I come!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Girls. I'm drinking Pumpkin Spice coffee and I don't think Irish Cream would taste too good in it. I love to end my day with a touch of Bailey's in my coffee, though!

It warmed up here, and all the snow is gone. It was pretty while it lasted, but yesterday was an eerie kind of day with a dense white fog and drizzle most of the day. We're supposed to see the sun today.

There's nothing special on the docket for me except that today's my long day at work, and I have to figure out some juggling, as Maggie has added Young Rembrandts to her after school activities and I have to get two kids to two different places at the same time. I'll make it work, though.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-24-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
Ruth, I believe there are little booties you could get for the dog's feet to protect their paw pads from the salt. You being safe is the most important thing so I'd recommend the salt if that is what it takes to get rid of the ice. Ice and slipping on ice freaks me out!

I've been so unfocused/all over the place with food lately. I actually do have healthy food in the house to cook but I can't seem to get myself organized to cook it. Maybe tonight...although we're away for the weekend again so my schedule will be completely thrown off once more. I really do need to get my strategies down.

On the agenda: work, and then leaving early to pick up my son. My husband is taking the day off work to get the car serviced, so he'll stay home tonight while I go to CP. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's going to be one of those days - the cats decided to play chase at 4 am and we have med appts. this morning so no going back to sleep. I see lots of coffee in my future.

It's going to be a warmish day around here, sun this afternoon. Maybe a walk will make me feel better.

Safe travels Ruth & Debbie

Good luck juggling Cottage

Good luck Matilda

Time to roll
Old 01-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

Ruth, We don't even have local produce this time of year.

Cottage, I don't know how parents of multiple children do multiple activities. Our one keeps us busy.

Mathilda, I don't have a kitchen right now. My eating is involving way too many sandwiches. At least it's ww bread.

Debbie, 4 miles as a waitress??? No wonder waitresses have fabulous legs!

Cyndi, Hope you get good news at your appointments today.

I went to work yesterday with my guns shining. I knew what I was going to say; and I had said it so many times in my head, I was NOT going to cry. And.... nothing happened. I got my review. The only negative/constructive thing said was that my desk needed to be kept 'company ready'. That was added by my anal-retentive boss. Oh well, I'm ready for him to tell me I need to get more done. Bring it!

Yesterday was the most glorious day. It was about 75 degrees at lunch. I sat on the front porch in the sunshine. I feel full of vitamin D today.

Did you see the news about the storms in Alabama? All those damaged homes are less than 20 miles from me. The closest damage is about 12 miles away. National News is saying that the storms were unexpected and 'surprise storms', but we knew and were prepared as much as possible. Keep those families in your thoughts and prayers, please.

Last edited by Chelby29; 01-24-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Chel - my all time favorite work review "challenge" - an old director noted that my friend and I had occasional "ebullient overflows". I love that, hope it goes on my tombstone

Our speech appt. was rescheduled so we have a whole extra hour. What a nice gift to start the day.

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-24-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi -- I had to Google 'ebullient'. Would not have offended me one bit!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My performance review said "works well under pressure". I kidded my Director that he should change it to "only under pressure"!

Just back from town and have groceries to put away before Donna gets here for a "special" cleaning day. When she is here I'll go out and chop ice off the back deck steps before it freezes up again. It's melting but not fast enough!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm here! Busy morning so far. Including yoga and Target. And computer issues. So I'm not even done cleaning out my overnight emails yet! Despite getting out of bed earlier than usual. Oh well.

So... yesterday I made a mistake. I bought dark chocolate. The kind that is a high enough percentage to be "healthy." For some reason I've been kinda craving that and I have never, ever liked it before. Well, unfortunately I like it now. Too much. The rest has since been buried in the bottom of the trash can. Sigh. I so envy people who can eat treats with moderation.

I'm off to try to be productive. Happy Tueday!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,

Tried to post yesterday but was having problems with internet not cooperating. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a good afternoon...
Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi All,

Everyone say a prayer or send good vibes to our family today. Bella is going to Kitty Heaven tonight. She's diabetic, and finally decided to stop eating yesterday. Came home for lunch today thinking maybe she ate some chicken we put down for her, but no luck. She was making this pitiful high pitched "mew" noise she's never made before too (she was always more of a MRROWWWWWWWWWWRRRR kind of kitty) and that's when I think Chris finally realized it's time, so I made the call.

Anna won't know for a few more minutes.... her aunt is picking her up from school and going to tell her. It's just heart breaking. It'll be Anna's first real loss, and I'm hoping that Voodoo will be oblivious rather than mournful. We're opting to leave Voo home rather than take her in and show her Bella's body when she's gone.

Anyway, that is all. Off plan today. I really don't care at this point. Just trying to make it through the afternoon without crying at work. I don't even LIKE that cat. Sigh. Just breaks my heart.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Lisa
Old 01-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #13  

Lisa, thinking of you and your family, it is hard to let go of fur babies. They do touch our lives, hope all goes well.
Closed Thread