PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support - My Fitness Pal iPhone App

View Full Version : My Fitness Pal iPhone App

Nicoyaangel
01-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Is anyone using this?! How do you like it?

josey
01-24-2012, 09:08 AM
I love it! It works great and it is free.

ladyrider72472
01-24-2012, 09:30 AM
I have tried a few apps and I love this one by FAR! I love the scanning feature. I love the "projection" at the end of the day that tells you what you will weight on "X"date of you eat the way you ate that day.

Tammy

Nicoyaangel
01-24-2012, 02:23 PM
So far I'm loving it also. It was very easy to enter my breakfast. I don't measure some things tho so I'm having to take a guess. That's the only part I hate.

josey
01-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Without measuring is hard. Not sure if I would be able to do that.

What I like about MFP best is that you see people confirming entries in the database. Some entries (and other apps) are so far off with the nutritional information. I only use what got confirmed multiple times to make sure I get the right details without double checking on the labels.

PghGal
01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
I use MFP and I LOVE it. It's been, by far, the best tool I've found that both allows you to log on the computer and phone. I love that you can scan labels of food products.

If anyone wants to add me, my user name on there is PghCLTGal. :)

Alba09
01-31-2012, 12:01 AM
I really, really like this app! Cons: nutritional info isn't always correct so be careful in your selections. Also, it is sometimes difficult to find exactly what ur looking for. Pros: user friendly, simple and clear. Ur calorie count shows up on the main page and when you submit ur day, it tells u how much you'll gain/lose if u keep eating the same way! You can also enter any exercise and it will calculate your additional calorie intake :) oh! And the bar code scanner! How could I forget? AMAZING!

twish
01-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Love, love, love it! I am addicted to it. It makes counting calories fun, plus I have tons of 3FC friends on it who are a wonderful source of motivation and inspiration!

Nicoyaangel
01-31-2012, 07:31 PM
PghGal - My SN is Mally21 (anyone can add me) I'm going to add you.