General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/204/190

Height: 5 foot 8

Default Your thoughts on my current regimen...

My second post! First post over at intro's of course, thanks for having me. I thought I would lay out what I've been doing for the last week and get some feedback if necessary.

male
47 years
5-7
230 lbs (wide frame)
no health issues, non smoker/drinker

My current regimen...

BMR per day 2030
exersize- 5 mile walk on treadmill daily, calories spent 600
whole foods only diet consisting of approximately 1600 calories per day
12 cups of water daily

I think my BMR is correct. I've had different BMR totals from different websites. The 2030 seemed to pop up most? About my diet, I wish I could find the link I used for my print out. Anyway it all natural whole foods with no junk whatsoever. Its all laid out for me telling me which of the food groups to eat and how much, very easy to follow and filling enough.

Please post your thoughts, positive or negative. I'm all ears, thanks allot!
Glen
nubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

That seems very sensible and sustainable. The only thing I might change is swapping the walking forr weights (Starting Strength or some other intro lifting program) a couple days a week. That would help your metabolism and give you a leaner, more attractive end result. Looks good, though! Keep it up!
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefHoho View Post
That seems very sensible and sustainable. The only thing I might change is swapping the walking forr weights (Starting Strength or some other intro lifting program) a couple days a week. That would help your metabolism and give you a leaner, more attractive end result. Looks good, though! Keep it up!
There is no reason that he should swap the walking for a couple days of weight lifting. He could walk daily if he chooses and add weight lifting every other day. Upper body one day and lower body the next. It is what I am doing and it is working for me.

Calories should be higher. A man should not go below 1800 calories a day. Non-processed whole foods are an excelelnt choice.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 01-24-2012 at 12:54 PM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/204/190

Height: 5 foot 8

Hi hoho and cdnwoman, actually my son and i are going to pick up a bowflex this afternoon. Chose a resistance machine plus dumbells over a bench press for safety reasons. Didnt want him pressing when nobody was around. I figured the crossbow would give me the upper body exersize necessary along with the treadmill. Ill try to up the calories a few hundred, funny thing is that i'm full with the current meals? Maybe i need to space the water out better? Thanks again for the support!
nubber is offline   Reply With Quote