Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/24/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/24/12

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

mamacitaof2
01-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Had a total breakdown yesterday. Man did I have a pitty party for myself. TOM is here and I was taking everything to heart. Spent the day working, helping with homework, doing the dishes and the laundry...was really needing me time and felt like I was doing everything myself. I was so frustrated! This morning, I realize it's hormones, but still wanting the me time!

The cramp fairy has arrived, so I'm probably going to go spend the day with the heating pad and a bottle of aleve!

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Good luck with all the weigh ins!

NavyMommy
01-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Good morning!!

Having a good morning here. I'm so glad that so many of you liked that paper towel analogy I posted yesterday. I wish I could take credit for it, but it's something that was posted here back when I went on IP the 1st time. Honestly I've lost nearly 30 lbs and no one has said anything, but I'm still wearing the same clothes I was. I figure it will come.

So, I'm finally hitting that stage in IP I did the first time about 3 weeks in where I'm actually really starting to care for myself and how I look. I'm not really one for make up, cute clothes, or getting my hair all done up because after chasing toddlers all day I'm tired and it never stays on. However; I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel good enough about myself to straighten my hair most mornings, and put on a little make up, and dress up in a cute outfit. Even though I'm still in the same sizes I'm finding things that didn't fit before are now fitting and I'm loving wearing cute skirts. :D

Heading out this morning bright and early! Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!

mamacita - Feel better!!

EmilySebetka
01-24-2012, 08:51 AM
So, I'm finally hitting that stage in IP I did the first time about 3 weeks in where I'm actually really starting to care for myself and how I look. I'm not really one for make up, cute clothes, or getting my hair all done up because after chasing toddlers all day I'm tired and it never stays on. However; I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel good enough about myself to straighten my hair most mornings, and put on a little make up, and dress up in a cute outfit. Even though I'm still in the same sizes I'm finding things that didn't fit before are now fitting and I'm loving wearing cute skirts. :D

Don't you just love that feel good feeling?:carrot:

I've realized that I messed up a couple times this week... I had snow peas twice, which was once too much. I also had a double serving of protein one night. Arg... But I am learning and moving on. I did a little bit of strength exercising last night, and was pleasantly surprised to know I could do pushups and situps. Its been literally years since I have, and the amount I did last night was awesome for that reason.

I'm heading to Microbiology in 25 minutes... I hope everyone has a fantastical day!:cool:

MustangMolly
01-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone. First thanks to WUV for answering my water question yesterday.. I didn't want to post on yesterdays thread today.

Navymommy---isn't that a good feeling you are having? I know I had a similar experience with feeling like it was okay to think I looked good even though I have much more weight to lose. It's the little victories that keep me going.

Mamacita---I hope you find some "me time" today, it is very important.

Good luck to everyone today staying OP, enjoy your successes no matter how big or small.

Lorilou
01-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Good morning everyone :) Tonight is going to be my first outing where food will be served. I have to go because it is a work event or else I would skip it. It is going to be at a wonderful Italian restuarant where I know the smells are going to drive me batty. I have a plan. I am going to eat my OP dinner in the car right before I go in so I will be full. I am going to sit as far away from the buffet table as possible and focus on the speaker I am going there to see. This is not about the food but about the knowledge I will gain for my career. The event is only about 2 (6-8) hours so I think, no-I know, I can make it. I will have a Vanilla RTD Drink at the ready so as soon as I leave I can satisfy whatever cravings I have.

Good morning!!

Having a good morning here. I'm so glad that so many of you liked that paper towel analogy I posted yesterday. I wish I could take credit for it, but it's something that was posted here back when I went on IP the 1st time. Honestly I've lost nearly 30 lbs and no one has said anything, but I'm still wearing the same clothes I was. I figure it will come.

Heading out this morning bright and early! Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!

mamacita - Feel better!!

I think that is a great NSV victory! Feeing good about yourself is so important and leads to more positivity in your life. Keep that feeling close and remember it on those days when you may feel discouraged.

Good Morning Everyone! Had a total breakdown yesterday. Man did I have a pitty party for myself. TOM is here and I was taking everything to heart. Spent the day working, helping with homework, doing the dishes and the laundry...was really needing me time and felt like I was doing everything myself. I was so frustrated! This morning, I realize it's hormones, but still wanting the me time!

The cramp fairy has arrived, so I'm probably going to go spend the day with the heating pad and a bottle of aleve!

We all need some "me" time so hopefully you can fit some in for yourself. I hope you feel better soon!

wyo1963
01-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning everyone :) Tonight is going to be my first outing where food will be served. I have to go because it is a work event or else I would skip it. It is going to be at a wonderful Italian restuarant where I know the smells are going to drive me batty. I have a plan. I am going to eat my OP dinner in the car right before I go in so I will be full. I am going to sit as far away from the buffet table as possible and focus on the speaker I am going there to see. This is not about the food but about the knowledge I will gain for my career. The event is only about 2 (6-8) hours so I think, no-I know, I can make it. I will have a Vanilla RTD Drink at the ready so as soon as I leave I can satisfy whatever cravings I have.

I think that is a great NSV victory! Feeing good about yourself is so important and leads to more positivity in your life. Keep that feeling close and remember it on those days when you may feel discouraged.

We all need some "me" time so hopefully you can fit some in for yourself. I hope you feel better soon!

Hey- Sounds like you have a good plan! don't forget you can have some greens from the salad bar while you are there! Good luck- you can do it!

mtnsun4
01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Good morning!!

mamacita - Feel better!!

That is awesome! Have a great day!!:)

Ducksmy
01-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Morning Everyone!
Today is my 2nd day OP. Feeling a little woozy this am. I have been looking at other threads and wondering if I am doing this right. Yesterday I had 3 IP products..breakfast, lunch and after dinner snack, salad with lettuce and oinions oil and vinegar dressing, sea salt x2 , 2 cups steamed broc and califlower for lunch, grilled chicken breast for dinner and 1 cup asparagus for dinner. Of course 80 oz of water and the supplements. Does this sound right?
Hope everyone has a great day and blessings to all!

mtnsun4
01-24-2012, 09:59 AM

Great plan for tonight! I understand- I had a work meeting at night a week ago. I brought my food, ate it in the car, then arrived for the meeting. At least they had veggies to munch on. You are prepared and have a plan. That's the way to be! Have a great day!:)

Jonis
01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Morning Everyone!
Today is my 2nd day OP. Feeling a little woozy this am. I have been looking at other threads and wondering if I am doing this right. Yesterday I had 3 IP products..breakfast, lunch and after dinner snack, salad with lettuce and oinions oil and vinegar dressing, sea salt x2 , 2 cups steamed broc and califlower for lunch, grilled chicken breast for dinner and 1 cup asparagus for dinner. Of course 80 oz of water and the supplements. Does this sound right?

I felt nauseous and dizzy on morning of day 3 and 4. The feeling lasted about 5-10 minutes. Keep track of how you feel in your diary and ask your doctor or coach about it.

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Morning Everyone!

Everyone is different & some people get dizzy for a while or just sometimes, while some people barely even notice a difference lol.

I was dizzy for a little bit, then it would come & go; and then I would have some days where I just felt like crap & felt super dizzy. But now I feel better minus having a head cold or something [not IP related] so there's hope for you on the other side lol!

rissimo
01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Good Morning Ipeeps,

I would like to start by saying:

Hello, my name is Marissa and I WAS a foodaholic. I was eating all the time. I was always hungry. I craved food all the time. I can finally admit that I had a problem with food. When I would get to work in the morning the first thing that I would do with my co-workers is start and decided what we were going to have for lunch, then I would snack throughout the morning, go have lunch, and snack some more all afternoon, go home eat dinner, and snack more in the evening. No wonder I was at the point I was. And I have to say that ever since I have started this plan I no longer crave food. I know when I am truly hungry becuase my stomach will roar, then I know it is time to eat. I now know the difference between a head hunger and a true hunger. I know that I will always have this problem, but at least I have finally learned how to control it and not let it control me!!!!!!!

With that said, I had WI# 10 and I have lost another 4.8 pounds. :dance:

lroderick
01-24-2012, 10:56 AM
So this weekend wasn't such a good one, we got snowed in so although the relaxation was nice, all I need was sleep & eat! :( ahhh, I HATE to cheat because I always go too far, like once I eat one bad thing, it's like why not another? & and from then on, I like go on a binge. Well needless to say it wasn't worth it, I'm now 3lbs heavier ... mix of guilt & i've been blessed with "that time of the month" :^: BUT, I guess we alllllll make mistakes ...it's time to get back on track and move ahead, NO DWELLING. Having to face my IP coach @ WI today is going to be punshiment enough! All that $$, wasted.

Sorry if this post is negative amongst all the postive things you all have going on, but I find it helpful to "confess" so that I can start fresh!

Hope everyone has a skinny day :carrot:

MustangMolly
01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Ipeeps,

Hello, my name is Marissa and I WAS a foodaholic. I was eating all the time. I was always hungry. I craved food all the time. I can finally admit that I had a problem with food. When I would get to work in the morning the first thing that I would do with my co-workers is start and decided what we were going to have for lunch, then I would snack throughout the morning, go have lunch, and snack some more all afternoon, go home eat dinner, and snack more in the evening. No wonder I was at the point I was. And I have to say that ever since I have started this plan I no longer crave food. I know when I am truly hungry becuase my stomach will roar, then I know it is time to eat. I now know the difference between a head hunger and a true hunger. I know that I will always have this problem, but at least I have finally learned how to control it and not let it control me!!!!!!!

WOW Rissi, you are looking good. I really like the new picture. Congrats on your great WI and your continued success!

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Ipeeps,

You're doing so awesome! I'm definitely looking to you for motivation because I know you're doing alternatives just like I am :) That's so awesome that you've lost almost 40lbs in just a little over 2 months! Looking good girl! :carrot:

wyo1963
01-24-2012, 11:08 AM
So this weekend wasn't such a good one, we got snowed in so although the relaxation was nice, all I need was sleep & eat! :( ahhh, I HATE to cheat because I always go too far, like once I eat one bad thing, it's like why not another? & and from then on, I like go on a binge. Well needless to say it wasn't worth it, I'm now 3lbs heavier ... mix of guilt & i've been blessed with "that time of the month" :^: BUT, I guess we alllllll make mistakes ...it's time to get back on track and move ahead, NO DWELLING. Having to face my IP coach @ WI today is going to be punshiment enough! All that $$, wasted.

Sorry if this post is negative amongst all the postive things you all have going on, but I find it helpful to "confess" so that I can start fresh!

Hey that's why this forum is here! Everyone needs to rant and get the guilty feelings out! That is what friends are for! Not a waste of $, just a learning moment! Get back on the horse and keep riddin! Have a blessed day and tell yourself it's okay.:D:hug:

mommyof3girls
01-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I was at Aldi last week and they carry their own brand (Fit and Active) of Mio. It was .79 cheaper than Walmart and Target. The ingredients are the same as Mio it appears. They only had strawberry watermelon and grape flavors though. As much as my husband and I use the savings is nice. Just thought I would share. Have a great day.

3mama
01-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Morning Everyone!

Today is day 2 for me also. Yesterday went pretty well but today I have a headache and feel really foggy headed and dizzy. We just need to work through it for a few days and then it will be better! I'm also fighting a headcold which doesn't help much. I think I'm going to lay down for a bit when my kiddo naps this afternoon.

Good Morning Ipeeps,

Congrats on your amazing progress! So inspiring!

Ducksmy
01-24-2012, 11:28 AM
With my last post in mind, do you think I am eating enough, or to much?
Just want to be sure. I really hate this dizzy feeling, but I am fighting a cold to so maybe that's it?

frazzledmom04
01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
Good Morning Ipeeps,

Fantastic job! You look great andits definately working for you. YOu look so much happier in your new picture. Keep it up!!!:cheer2:

salmongirl
01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Good Morning Ipeeps,

Way to go. sounds like a major breakthrough that will carry you through the rest of your life. Food is so many things to so many people and I guess we just have to make it food again, not security, not comfort and not the only thing that loves us and "sticks" with us.

salmongirl
01-24-2012, 11:50 AM
I am heading in for my weigh in and feel good about it! Will let you all know how it goes.

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Just want to be sure. I really hate this dizzy feeling, but I am fighting a cold to so maybe that's it?

Can you post a general time line of your day?
What seemed to help me the most was a set up like this.

B: shake or restricted.
S: 1 cup veggies.
L: shake or restricted & 1 cup veggies.[only 1 restricted, I just switch back & forth]
D: 8oz protein & 1 cup veggies.
S: shake.

It helped me to space them out like that or to even throw in some egg whites [boiled] in there sometimes. Snacking on a few pickles helps too. Just try to take it easy <3

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I am heading in for my weigh in and feel good about it! Will let you all know how it goes.

You got this! What weigh-in is this for you?

frazzledmom04
01-24-2012, 12:00 PM

Hi Ducksmy and :welcome3:. I think it looks pretty good. Just keep making sure you keep having your 4 cups of veggies and water water water. It's your new friend now. I've been on IP for almosst 4 months and when I find myself getting dizzy I put a little salt on my hand and lick it off and then have some more water. I know it was suggested for headaches to do that but it seems to help me when I get that dizzy feeling.

Chuckles1330
01-24-2012, 12:04 PM

Hey that's why this forum is here! Everyone needs to rant and get the guilty feelings out! That is what friends are for! Not a waste of $, just a learning moment! Get back on the horse and keep riddin! Have a blessed day and tell yourself it's okay.:D:hug:

X2 :hug:

TracyAWC
01-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Day 76 and on the home scale I'm within 3.5 lbs of goal...gotta just keep chugging along and staying OP. I was hoping to make goal this Friday so I can switch to P2 but it looks like it's gonna be one more week of P1. Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP!

Chuckles1330
01-24-2012, 12:09 PM
:cheer2:Day 76 and on the home scale I'm within 3.5 lbs of goal...gotta just keep chugging along and staying OP. I was hoping to make goal this Friday so I can switch to P2 but it looks like it's gonna be one more week of P1. Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP!
:cheer2:

3mama
01-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Day 76 and on the home scale I'm within 3.5 lbs of goal...gotta just keep chugging along and staying OP. I was hoping to make goal this Friday so I can switch to P2 but it looks like it's gonna be one more week of P1. Hope everyone is doing well and staying OP!

Woohoo! :carrot:

Renewing Myself
01-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Good morning everyone, I will have my 2nd weigh in on Thursday, I have been doing great - not one little cheat at all. I am surprised though that my weight hasn't dropped at all in the last few days, I am down a couple of pounds since last Thursday but that's it. My husband made chicken cutlets two nights ago and I have been eating them for the last two suppers, he put quite a lot of spices (I don't know what really he put on them) and I wonder if that could be slowing my progress down? Do some spices have sugar in them? On my scale at home, I weighed 201.5 on Sunday and yesterday and today I have weighed 202 (my scale weighs me less then the one at the clinic).

Now please don't get mad at me and say I should be happy - because I am, I am just wondering if I am eating something maybe I shouldn't be? :D I have been following the program completely.

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Good morning everyone, I will have my 2nd weigh in on Thursday, I have been doing great - not one little cheat at all. I am surprised though that my weight hasn't dropped at all in the last few days, I am down a couple of pounds since last Thursday but that's it. My husband made chicken cutlets two nights ago and I have been eating them for the last two suppers, he put quite a lot of spices (I don't know what really he put on them) and I wonder if that could be slowing my progress down? Do some spices have sugar in them? On my scale at home, I weighed 201.5 on Sunday and yesterday and today I have weighed 202 (my scale weighs me less then the one at the clinic).

Now please don't get mad at me and say I should be happy - because I am, I am just wondering if I am eating something maybe I shouldn't be? :D I have been following the program completely.

I would definitely suggest looking at every single ingredient of things you're putting into your body while on IP [at least until you get accustomed with things] because there CAN be hidden sugars or things in spices or anything really.

Also, a couple of pounds is AWESOME. There will be weeks where you don't lose or don't gain or where you may gain a tiny bit, but it WILL come off. Everyone is different & will lose different. Just keep your chin up & it WILL happen as long as you stay on plan.

Ducksmy
01-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the help guys! It is nice to know that I am on track! My coach just called and she told me I am on track. I appreciate all of your help and encouragement! Blessings!

happy2bme1
01-24-2012, 12:24 PM

L: shake or restricted & 1 cup veggies.[only 1 restricted, I just switch back & forth]

It helped me to space them out like that or to even throw in some egg whites [boiled] in there sometimes. Snacking on a few pickles helps too. Just try to take it easy <3

thanks for sharing your daily intake. I think this makes more sense then the way I have been eating. not having snacks or eating every 2 to 3 hours has been a problem for me but spreading out the meals thru out the day makes more sense. Again, thanks so much. I believe I will try this approach and see if I'm less hungry between meals.

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
thanks for sharing your daily intake. I think this makes more sense then the way I have been eating. not having snacks or eating every 2 to 3 hours has been a problem for me but spreading out the meals thru out the day makes more sense. Again, thanks so much. I believe I will try this approach and see if I'm less hungry between meals.

Are you using IP or alternatives? No problem! That's what we're here for :) Have you been on IP since December?

sarahmayhem
01-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Good morning!!So, I'm finally hitting that stage in IP I did the first time about 3 weeks in where I'm actually really starting to care for myself and how I look. I'm not really one for make up, cute clothes, or getting my hair all done up because after chasing toddlers all day I'm tired and it never stays on. However; I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel good enough about myself to straighten my hair most mornings, and put on a little make up, and dress up in a cute outfit. Even though I'm still in the same sizes I'm finding things that didn't fit before are now fitting and I'm loving wearing cute skirts. :D

Isn't it such a good feeling! I'm sure you look fabulous! ...and I'm sure others are noticing ;)

Good Morning Ipeeps,

You look fantastic!! Your pictures definitely show off your hard work. Keep it up girly :)

What you ate is done and over with - just move forward and don't look back. Just remember this feeling of disappointment you have by eating off plan...use that feeling the next time you plan on cheating. You can do this :)

purple sky
01-24-2012, 12:30 PM

That is wonderful.

sarahmayhem
01-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Just popping in and saying hello! I've been MIA here...mostly because 1) last week's weigh in was bad (because I WAS bad haha...) and because life is pretty hectic.

I'm happy to say I'm back on track though. ...And a few 10ths of a pound away from my halfway point. I can't believe it's gone by so fast!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Momto2cs
01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
For the new people-here is my food plan. I find I am not hungry too often, unless it's meal time! I drink lots of water, caffeine free green tea and take the supplements.

Breakfast-1 pudding made into a shake with coffee or tea, or coffee with pudding "muffins"-the blueberry are amazing

Lunch-1 large salad w 1 c cucumbers, oil and vinegar dressing and an ip soup with 1 cup mushrooms or mashed cauliflower and spices. Don't give up on the soups too soon! They are filling and seem like a real meal!

Snack-1 ip pudding or a bar

Dinner-approx 8 oz meat (I vary between steak, fish, chicken, pork tenderloin) 1 cup asparagus and 1 cup broccoli or cauliflower

I do work out most days and on those days I do have an extra packet.

Good lunch to the new people! The first week is the hardest-but soon the tiredness/dizziness will pass and you will feel great!!! Keep trying different things until you find what you like!

happy2bme1
01-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Are you using IP or alternatives? No problem! That's what we're here for :) Have you been on IP since December?

I am using IP only. and have been on the plan since Nov 21. I have lost 27 lbs so far just seem to be slowing down more a great deal. will be meeting with my coach tomorrow and will discuss if I need to do the cleanse.

Momto2cs
01-24-2012, 12:50 PM
I tried the cleanse over the last week. I didn't like how I felt and it did not help with loss for me.

There are some old threads discussing it, but I think it is a waste of $.

nikkib
01-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Good Morning Ipeeps,

YAY!! You look great. Keep up the good work!!

purple sky
01-24-2012, 12:57 PM

I love this, omgzitsmiranda. I have been struggling with getting all my foods in. The two cups of veggies are just too much for me at meals and then I am often hungry an hour before or after a meal. I think I need to spread out the veggies like you so I get it all in. I started doing egg whites sometimes and that really helps with the hunger.

Does anyone know if the following count as veggies or lettuce?
Spinach
Arugula
Kale (it is sold in the salad packages now)

I treat things like iceberg and romaine as lettuce and add veggies to them but with spinach and arugula I usually just eat it plain. They seem to be so much more substantial. But, I really don't know how much constitutes 2 cups.

Momto2cs
01-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Spinach arugula and kale are considered veggies.

janniegoingdown
01-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone, just starting my 4th week. I didn't weigh in on saturday, decided to do it every 2 wks because it is an hours drive and weather has been bad. Can't wait to see what I've lost. Definitely can tell in my clothes. Have a wonderful day everyone! By the way, I just had a IP caramel nut bar delish!

purple sky
01-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Spinach arugula and kale are considered veggies.

Awesome. Thanx because I like to eat a plate with my soups. Makes for a complete meal.

Mom3LoveBugs
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
good morning everyone!

a friend of mine posted this on FB this morning and it was JUST what I needed to be reminded of so I thought I would share....

It takes an extraordinary effort to reach an extraordinary result. If you think you can achieve great things, using average efforts you’re only kidding yourself.

omgzitsmiranda
01-24-2012, 01:19 PM
good morning everyone!

a friend of mine posted this on FB this morning and it was JUST what I needed to be reminded of so I thought I would share....

It takes an extraordinary effort to reach an extraordinary result. If you think you can achieve great things, using average efforts you’re only kidding yourself.

I love that saying! So true :)

Chuckles1330
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM

This is fantastic! Going to post it in my cube at work :goodvibes

nikkib
01-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Down another 3.2 YAY!! I had the most wonderful tea last night. I used peppermint tea (store brand) and 1/2 oz torrani sugar free choc. syrup. It was AMAZING. I will have to keep that at 1-2 times a week only tho because the extra stuff does not agree with me very well and I already do 1/4 WF packet maple syrup every day. I had the most horrible dream last night. I ate something I should not have without realizing it and already had about 4 bites of whatever it was before I realized what I was doing. I have not cheated once and have no desire to do so. I freaked out and started crying and thinking about how I could do my meal plans the next day to counteract the damage. I was sooo glad when I woke up!!

Congrats on all the great weigh in's today and I hope those that are struggling to stay OP can find the strength to do it!!

This program is AMAZING if you properly follow it :)

DanafromAustin
01-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Good morning everyone. First thanks to WUV for answering my water question yesterday.. I didn't want to post on yesterdays thread today.

Here we are again at the same weight with the same goal. We are very close to onderland. See you on the other side. :hug:

Have a good Tuesday everyone and good luck to those with WI's today. I just got back and lost 1 pound this week. My coach wants me to start keeping a journal again as my weight loss seems to be slowing down just a bit. It's been forever since I was under 200 pounds, so she thinks it might be my body fighting it. She also wants me to give up the Mio as she's not a big fan of it. She said calorie wise it's fine, but she doesn't like what it does to the pancreas, so she prefer I just have water with a slice of lemon in it. Also I am not to go longer than 4 hours between protein, so I need to eat a hard boiled egg if it's been longer than 4 hours. She's the boss, so I'm back to the food journal again .:(

Lorilou
01-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Great plan for tonight! I understand- I had a work meeting at night a week ago. I brought my food, ate it in the car, then arrived for the meeting. At least they had veggies to munch on. You are prepared and have a plan. That's the way to be! Have a great day!:)

Thanks! I think It's a good plan and hope my first outing goes well.

Good Morning Ipeeps,

I was a sugar addict. Bottlecaps (sugar candy that looks like little bottle caps and tastes like soda) were what I was inhaling on a daily basis. I would always feel crappy afterwards but still continued to inhale them. I look back after only 3 weeks of IP and think "what was I thinking". I feel so much better now as I'm sure you do too. I believe this program is the answer to foodaholics if we just give in to it and follow it. Good luck!

WOOHOO :carrot:

We all make mistakes so don't beat yourself up. It's hard sometimes. I can tell you that on Saturday I was so tempted to rip the bag of chips out of my daughters hand that I thought I was going to have a panic attack! I breathed through it and made it until dinner by the grace of God.

That is fantastic :cb:

purple sky
01-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Here we are again at the same weight with the same goal. We are very close to onderland. See you on the other side. :hug:

Have a good Tuesday everyone and good luck to those with WI's today. I just got back and lost 1 pound this week. My coach wants me to start keeping a journal again as my weight loss seems to be slowing down just a bit. It's been forever since I was under 200 pounds, so she thinks it might be my body fighting it. She also wants me to give up the Mio as she's not a big fan of it. She said calorie wise it's fine, but she doesn't like what it does to the pancreas, so she prefer I just have water with a slice of lemon in it. Also I am not to go longer than 4 hours between protein, so I need to eat a hard boiled egg if it's been longer than 4 hours. She's the boss, so I'm back to the food journal again .:(

I don't know if you like cucumber but I had lemon and cucumber in my water at a restaurant this summer and it was so refreshing. On that same note, I wonder how fresh mint would taste. Also, I use Stevia a lot but I am not too keen on how it flavors water. I love the English Toffee in my Cappucino.

I am beginning to wonder if the body remembers a certain weight and just won't budge, like it gets stubborn or something.

salmongirl
01-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Just got back from my weigh in This was my first (after the initial one) and wow, 11 pounds and 4.5 inches! I am really happy about that!

I hope everyone has a great day! :dizzy:

tenniels
01-24-2012, 03:11 PM
However; I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel good enough about myself to straighten my hair most mornings, and put on a little make up, and dress up in a cute outfit. Even though I'm still in the same sizes I'm finding things that didn't fit before are now fitting and I'm loving wearing cute skirts. :D

This is wonderful to hear!!! I am hoping to starting caring a little more soon too. When you feel good about yourself, you take better care of yourself. I've been stuck in a ponytail, zero to minimal make-up, and Lulu track pants rut for too long now, and it doesn't help me feel any better that's for sure. Thanks for sharing this!

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Morning Everyone!
Add some more salt, put 1/4tsp in the palm of your hand and lick it off then drink some water, Your BP or your electolytes are low. THis should help within 15-20 minutes

Good Morning Ipeeps,

You are ROCKING the program!!...the difference in your pictures are amazing...Be very proud of what you have done so far...its outstanding!!

Today is day 2 for me also. Yesterday went pretty well but today I have a headache and feel really foggy headed and dizzy. We just need to work through it for a few days and then it will be better! I'm also fighting a headcold which doesn't help much. I think I'm going to lay down for a bit when my kiddo naps this afternoon.

Congrats on your amazing progress! So inspiring!
Add salt to your water or like I said above put 1/4tsp of sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it. Your BP or electrolytes are low.

Looks like we have had some amazing WI's again today and everyone seems to be back on track with a few still struggling. Hang in there, y'all will make it :)

alaskastarr
01-24-2012, 03:23 PM

Mamacita...I haven't taken the time to tell you this, but now is probably a good time :) I think you're absolutely beautiful!! You're high cheekbones just draw my eyes up to your eyes and your smile lights up your face. I don't know if anyone else has ever told you this, but honestly from the pic you've posted that's what I see!!!

As for the posts I feel you on the whole hormonal thing, it's around the corner for me and I'm just being all moody and blech. Just breathe and remember this too shall pass. You've been doing great...remember keep moving forward, day by day, minute by minute if needed! :hug:

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Just got back from my weigh in This was my first (after the initial one) and wow, 11 pounds and 4.5 inches! I am really happy about that!

GREAT job!!!!....all of the first week doesn't seem so bad when you have results like this does it?

This is wonderful to hear!!! I am hoping to starting caring a little more soon too. When you feel good about yourself, you take better care of yourself. I've been stuck in a ponytail, zero to minimal make-up, and Lulu track pants rut for too long now, and it doesn't help me feel any better that's for sure. Thanks for sharing this!

I work from home, don't go anywhere, but now I straighten my hair every day and put on makeup.....I wanna look good for ME!....not like anyone will see me except my son and he laughs at me sometimes because I do that. But I tell him, I am looking good so I wanna FEEL good as well....he just says I know mom, you look amazing....lol

rokkerchik20
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Good Afternoon Friendly IPers,

It was rough start to my second go at IP, after having been sick for almost a month. my body still doesnt feel normal, so everytime an opportunity came to cheat - i justified it!! my last weigh in i only lost .5 lb and gained inches all over! my IP coach was ready to fire me, but had compassion due to my poor health! So thankful she showed me favor!

So i think i may finally be in ketosis, as i feel more energised and have no appetite, except that i FEEL hungry in my head at the office, but i know its all in my head!

So now that i am where i think i should be - ON TRACK - i have my sisters bachelorette party! I am providing the appetisers and cocktails at the condo, so i find it will be easier for me not to eat those, but when we go out! - I know im not supposed to drink, but what would be the BEST "cheat"??

altho im hoping i can get by without drinking at all! but i give in to peer pressure pretty easy!

whirlygirl72
01-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I have been struggling with my water intake, I mean i like water alot, but the tons of water required has been a little difficult. i do use the Mio, the sweet tea is my fave (I'm a Texas girl)

Anyway, i found a little trick that has helped me ALOT.. i started using a straw! I don't know why, but it makes drinking all that water so much easier. I just wanted to pass the tip just in case some of you are struggling with drinking all that water too.;)

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I have been struggling with my water intake, I mean i like water alot, but the tons of water required has been a little difficult. i do use the Mio, the sweet tea is my fave (I'm a Texas girl)

Anyway, i found a little trick that has helped me ALOT.. i started using a straw! I don't know why, but it makes drinking all that water so much easier. I just wanted to pass the tip just in case some of you are struggling with drinking all that water too.;)

I find I drink more water if it is room temp than if it is cold. I guess its because I am always cold now....don't wanna drink cold water....lol

DanafromAustin
01-24-2012, 04:15 PM
I am beginning to wonder if the body remembers a certain weight and just won't budge, like it gets stubborn or something.

I definitely think it's an issue. My daughter went through that a few weeks ago trying to break past 110 lbs. She had been that weight off and on for several years before she started gaining weight. She finally did break past that number and is now down to 106 lbs (she's very petite and short). Of course now she is dealing with the last six pounds to loose and his having a problem again. I'm starting to think I'm having the same issue trying to get to a weight I haven't been in a very long time. I will really follow my coach's advice this week and only use Stevia as needed and see if it helps.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-24-2012, 04:17 PM

Congrats! Job well done. Keep at it.

alaskastarr
01-24-2012, 04:20 PM

Keep your chin up. I'm sorry to hear you got snowed in. This is tough. All I can say is just get up dust yourself off and move forward. There's no use beating yourself up because all that will do is make yourself feel worse.

:hug:

Momto2cs
01-24-2012, 04:21 PM

It was rough start to my second go at IP, after having been sick for almost a month. my body still doesnt feel normal, so everytime an opportunity came to cheat - i justified it!! my last weigh in i only lost .5 lb and gained inches all over! my IP coach was ready to fire me, but had compassion due to my poor health! So thankful she showed me favor!

So i think i may finally be in ketosis, as i feel more energised and have no appetite, except that i FEEL hungry in my head at the office, but i know its all in my head!

So now that i am where i think i should be - ON TRACK - i have my sisters bachelorette party! I am providing the appetisers and cocktails at the condo, so i find it will be easier for me not to eat those, but when we go out! - I know im not supposed to drink, but what would be the BEST "cheat"??

altho im hoping i can get by without drinking at all! but i give in to peer pressure pretty easy!

Vodka and water

Sometimes it's best to be prepared.

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 04:26 PM

BEST CHEAT?????.......NO CHEAT IS THE BEST CHEAT!!!!!!.....jus sayin

alaskastarr
01-24-2012, 04:27 PM

:cp: that's awesome!!! Way to go....I can't wait to be this close...I keep telling myself to take it day by day...I'm so glad to have this forum to help me and keep me from being sooo impatient. Congratulations :cheer:

tenniels
01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
I work from home, don't go anywhere, but now I straighten my hair every day and put on makeup.....I wanna look good for ME!....not like anyone will see me except my son and he laughs at me sometimes because I do that. But I tell him, I am looking good so I wanna FEEL good as well....he just says I know mom, you look amazing....lol

And ya do look great!!!! I hope to be at that point soon, I know I feel much better when I'm putting some time and effort into myself daily. And doing it for ME is exactly right, it can't be for anyone else. Glad to hear that's what you're doing Wuv :)

LadyDi2010
01-24-2012, 04:51 PM
one week of phase 2 down, 1 more to go. Hard to believe in 3 weeks i will be on maintenance... I hate to admit I'm loosing steam. Its crazy how food holds this power over you (if you let it) and lately i have been letting it. I want all the foods i cannot have. I hope when i am on maintenance i don't go off the deep end haha. A loss of 1.2 lbs this week! Just gotta keep it up a little longer. I can do this! haha

wyo1963
01-24-2012, 04:53 PM
okay .... for the first time in my life.....I looked for and bought Talapia fish for dinner tonight. I dont like seafood except for tuna. This is a huge day for me. I like things that fly and walk on dry land. Guess I will broil it with lemon pepper and sea salt.

For those who are writing on here about being dizzy, please take you salt and mag and potassium when recommended, couple times a day, I believe. You are not getting enough electrolites and this can be damaging to your heart and brain.!! Good to take a Tums or alike at night as well.

purple sky
01-24-2012, 05:00 PM
one week of phase 2 down, 1 more to go. Hard to believe in 3 weeks i will be on maintenance... I hate to admit I'm loosing steam. Its crazy how food holds this power over you (if you let it) and lately i have been letting it. I want all the foods i cannot have. I hope when i am on maintenance i don't go off the deep end haha. A loss of 1.2 lbs this week! Just gotta keep it up a little longer. I can do this! haha

Your little lady bug has such a short distance to travel. You can do it.

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 05:02 PM
okay .... for the first time in my life.....I looked for and bought Talapia fish for dinner tonight. I dont like seafood except for tuna. This is a huge day for me. I like things that fly and walk on dry land. Guess I will broil it with lemon pepper and sea salt.

For those who are writing on here about being dizzy, please take you salt and mag and potassium when recommended, couple times a day, I believe. You are not getting enough electrolites and this can be damaging to your heart and brain.!! Good to take a Tums or alike at night as well.

You can also Pan fry it in olive oil with seasoning, comes out really good and you can cook it until its a little crunchy...its yummy!

AshGFonIP
01-24-2012, 05:24 PM

Hey Rokker Chik! I just wanted to reply to your quote, I think you and I have some simularities with were we started and our goals. I too have been off plan for a month with the holidays and a week in mexico and tomorrow will be my first day back on plan, I have been making excuses all week why I should start tomorrow, just one more day lol... anyway I am out of excuses and tired of feeling bloated. I just wanted to let you know that you should definately try really hard not to drink, but I know how it is and I to give in to the pressure not to mention how many bachelorette parties is your sister going to have, hopefully just one and you want to enjoy yourself. My coach suggested to me if I am going to drink that I drink vodka with club soda and lime and sweeten with my own splenda. I also found that the skinny girl margarita is really good and you can find it almost anywhere. Anyways best of luck at the bachellorette party! You CAN do IT!

Gardengurl71
01-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Good Morning Ipeeps,

Well said and I agree completely! Feeling in control witht he absence of insane cravings is wonderful, almost better than the weight loss (I said almost! lol) .

Katiedela9
01-24-2012, 05:45 PM

I agree the water goes down much smoother with the straw!!

massconfusion84
01-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I have a STRANGE question...and I have already emailed my coach. Im just waiting on her reply. I noticed about a week ago I get a very strong tingling in my feet pretty often, I have never had a sensation quite like it its like your legs falling asleep but not painful at all....now today I decided to take a run and my FACE started doing it...that kinda freaked me out! Im probly low on some sort of vitamin or mineral but I was just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this. Its very strange

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Since there has been so much talk about cheating over the last couple of days, I posted this in another thread but I thought I would repost it here....

I find it VERY exhausting and VERY aggravating to see all of the cheats. Going on a diet is by choice, meaning you are trying to CHANGE your way of eating and by CHEATING that is NOT CHANGING your way of eating. Its a commitment you (we) make to ourselves just like as if we were entering a relationship or even marriage. YOU have to want it to work, ONLY YOU can change it, Peer pressure, social events, life in general WILL ALWAYS BE THERE...it is HOW YOU CHOSE to deal with it, THAT is the choice you make. You can be STRONG and just socialize when at gatherings OR you can give in because you don't wanna feel "left out" BUT actually WHO is looking at you if you don't drink or eat? is everyone?....NO, it is YOU who feels uncomfortable its is YOU who feels left out so YOU give in and accept it. YOU have to be STRONG and say to yourself I AM WORTH THIS.....I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT DRINK or I DON"T HAVE TO EAT THAT....I think most people would be PROUD of you for STANDING your ground and saying NO and STICKING TO YOUR PLAN!...YOU have to find the INNER STRENGTH to OVERCOME the obstacles in life...LIFE will NOT stop because you are on a diet, it does go on....sorry, just how I feel

I was just talking to another friend who is having trouble getting started again and I posted this EXACT same thing to her....this was her reply..."well said. see this is why you are going to be a great coach...you lay it out and tell it as it is...not everyone is going to like it but the message is true...and you know you brought up a lot of good points...would i cheat on my husband because the guy at the other end of the room looks hot...heck no so why am i cheating with food.wow seriously you are what i needed to talk to...you have ignited a fire that was lost. alright...i got to look at this diet as a marriage..it'll work if i work at it.".....See this "CLICKED" for her....So I challenge each and everyone of you who have been cheating or contemplating to cheat to MAKE THAT COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF......

Chuckles1330
01-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Since there has been so much talk about cheating over the last couple of days, I posted this in another thread but I thought I would repost it here....

I find it VERY exhausting and VERY aggravating to see all of the cheats. Going on a diet is by choice, meaning you are trying to CHANGE your way of eating and by CHEATING that is NOT CHANGING your way of eating. Its a commitment you (we) make to ourselves just like as if we were entering a relationship or even marriage. YOU have to want it to work, ONLY YOU can change it, Peer pressure, social events, life in general WILL ALWAYS BE THERE...it is HOW YOU CHOSE to deal with it, THAT is the choice you make. You can be STRONG and just socialize when at gatherings OR you can give in because you don't wanna feel "left out" BUT actually WHO is looking at you if you don't drink or eat? is everyone?....NO, it is YOU who feels uncomfortable its is YOU who feels left out so YOU give in and accept it. YOU have to be STRONG and say to yourself I AM WORTH THIS.....I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THAT DRINK or I DON"T HAVE TO EAT THAT....I think most people would be PROUD of you for STANDING your ground and saying NO and STICKING TO YOUR PLAN!...YOU have to find the INNER STRENGTH to OVERCOME the obstacles in life...LIFE will NOT stop because you are on a diet, it does go on....sorry, just how I feel

I was just talking to another friend who is having trouble getting started again and I posted this EXACT same thing to her....this was her reply..."well said. see this is why you are going to be a great coach...you lay it out and tell it as it is...not everyone is going to like it but the message is true...and you know you brought up a lot of good points...would i cheat on my husband because the guy at the other end of the room looks hot...heck no so why am i cheating with food.wow seriously you are what i needed to talk to...you have ignited a fire that was lost. alright...i got to look at this diet as a marriage..it'll work if i work at it.".....See this "CLICKED" for her....So I challenge each and everyone of you who have been cheating or contemplating to cheat to MAKE THAT COMMITMENT TO YOURSELF......

:bravo: :bravo:

purple sky
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
I have a STRANGE question...and I have already emailed my coach. Im just waiting on her reply. I noticed about a week ago I get a very strong tingling in my feet pretty often, I have never had a sensation quite like it its like your legs falling asleep but not painful at all....now today I decided to take a run and my FACE started doing it...that kinda freaked me out! Im probly low on some sort of vitamin or mineral but I was just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this. Its very strange

Can you make an appt with your Dr.?

mompattie
01-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks Wiv for the CHEAT post!!!! I come to the thread for motivation and inspiration!! I DO NOT want to hear about cheats! Start a cheat thread if you want to talk about it, then all of us who don't want to read about cheats just don't open that thread!! Thanks!

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Thanks Wiv for the CHEAT post!!!! I come to the thread for motivation and inspiration!! I DO NOT want to hear about cheats! Start a cheat thread if you want to talk about it, then all of us who don't want to read about cheats just don't open that thread!! Thanks!

As a matter of fact there is a thread floating around here for that....let me see if I can find it!

kbkwright
01-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Hello All! I LOVE seeing all the successes! I get on here and read every night before I go to bed using my phone however, my phone doesn’t allow me to post – it always scrolls when I am trying to type – very annoying….so I just read! I am so inspired and motivated to continue to be successful! Today was weigh in number 3 and down another 1.2 pounds. At first I almost said ONLY 1.2, but then Wuv’s words came into my head about how ONLY should not be in our vocabulary! Then I started thinking about the big picture……Last time I was on the program in week 3 I lost .2 AND 1.2 put me at a 12 pound loss in three weeks and ALMOST a ¼ of the way done! It’s all about the positives….right?! I am very happy with my 1.2 loss and the fact that my clothes are fitting SO MUCH BETTER! Thank you everyone for your posts and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! ;)

northernfawn
01-24-2012, 07:30 PM

:bravo: I ditto this, and I am also very surprised that so many want to waste their money - a cheat costs you 3 days in both time and $$$.....so not worth the price

ptod
01-24-2012, 08:01 PM

I find it VERY exhausting and VERY aggravating to see all of the cheats.

AMEN! And thank you for posting what many others have been thinking.

One of my brothers is getting married this weekend. This is a 400+ person guest list, people wearing gowns & tuxes affair in NY - the money spent on invitations alone would boggle your mind.

I will likely never be invited to such an event again, however, the reason I am going is to witness the marriage, not to make someone feel better because I ate the fancy food or drank the free booze. I want the memories from the experience, not a hangover and an upset stomach. I do not know what will be served at the rehearsal dinner & reception, but I will only eat what is offered if it is OP. Not once have I thought, "well I will just have a sip of champagne to celebrate" - NOT ONCE. I don't need the sip in order to have a good time or to fully experience the wedding and I might be one of the few that can actually remember the entire event.

I have a bag packed with WF dressing packets, shake packets, bars and what I call MRE chicken (vacuum sealed chicken). I have already put a bar & MIO in the clutch I am using and I haven't even finished clothes packing yet. :D I can get water everywhere so all I need to find are salads/veggies over the weekend which won't be hard at all.

Am I a little bummed that I won't be partaking in the food aspect of the weekend? Honestly I am....a little, but I got over it. This event is one of the last times my entire family will be together for a happy occasion - that is what I am focusing on - not the food.

This weekend I am standing as a witness to a marriage, but every day I stand up for my own truth and I will not disappoint myself.

lindac36
01-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Just back from weigh-in. Another 3 pounds and 4.75 inches! So HAPPY!

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 08:07 PM

One of my brothers is getting married this weekend. This is a 400+ person guest list, people wearing gowns & tuxes affair in NY - the money spent on invitations alone would boggle your mind.

I will likely never be invited to such an event again, however, the reason I am going is to witness the marriage, not to make someone feel better because I ate the fancy food or drank the free booze. I want the memories from the experience, not a hangover and an upset stomach. I do not know what will be served at the rehearsal dinner & reception, but I will only eat what is offered if it is OP. Not once have I thought, "well I will just have a sip of champagne to celebrate" - NOT ONCE. I don't need the sip in order to have a good time or to fully experience the wedding and I might be one of the few that can actually remember the entire event.

I have a bag packed with WF dressing packets, shake packets, bars and what I call MRE chicken (vacuum sealed chicken). I have already put a bar & MIO in the clutch I am using and I haven't even finished clothes packing yet. :D I can get water everywhere so all I need to find are salads/veggies over the weekend which won't be hard at all.

Am I a little bummed that I won't be partaking in the food aspect of the weekend? Honestly I am....a little, but I got over it. This event is one of the last times my entire family will be together for a happy occasion - that is what I am focusing on - not the food.

This weekend I am standing as a witness to a marriage, but every day I stand up for my own truth and I will not disappoint myself.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!....YOU my friend have a PLAN and are PREPARED for your function. You will over come this with FLYING colors...You will be SO PROUD of yourself for doing so. You are right...its about MEMORIES being made of course you would like to sample some of the food because I am sure there will be some extravagant food from the sound of the price tag of the wedding BUT you have never tired it ( I am assuming ) so you aren't missing much in my book :)

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Just back from weigh-in. Another 3 pounds and 4.75 inches! So HAPPY!

:hug:GREAT job Linda!!!!:hug:

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-24-2012, 08:16 PM
I have been reading this site for about 25 days now, I started IP 26 days ago and have lost 22 pounds. I finally decided to say something because I wanted everyone to know that I wouldnt have made it through the first weeks or so without this forum. For everyone that takes the time to answer peoples questions and just be so supportive and encouraging, thank you! I have been so strict on myself with this diet, and even though it has been hard it is absolutely worth it. Tomorrow is my 4th weigh in and I am so excited to see the results. I hope everyone has an amazing and OP day! And, again, thank you!

trimup2day
01-24-2012, 08:26 PM
You can also Pan fry it in olive oil with seasoning, comes out really good and you can cook it until its a little crunchy...its yummy!

As a non seafood lover, but trying to find a fish that's not fishy tasting, I would love to know if this Talapia is good choice to start with? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming it's best to buy fresh and not frozen, is this correct?

Thanks a bunch!

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 08:27 PM
I have been reading this site for about 25 days now, I started IP 26 days ago and have lost 22 pounds. I finally decided to say something because I wanted everyone to know that I wouldnt have made it through the first weeks or so without this forum. For everyone that takes the time to answer peoples questions and just be so supportive and encouraging, thank you! I have been so strict on myself with this diet, and even though it has been hard it is absolutely worth it. Tomorrow is my 4th weigh in and I am so excited to see the results. I hope everyone has an amazing and OP day! And, again, thank you!

Congrats on your 22lbs GONE forever!!!...where in La are you?

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 08:29 PM
As a non seafood lover, but trying to find a fish that's not fishy tasting, I would love to know if this Talapia is good choice to start with? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming it's best to buy fresh and not frozen, is this correct?

Thanks a bunch!

I buy the frozen one, I get a big bag so I will have a couple of meals out of it. This is a white fish, I don't find it taste like fish at all. I add spices and lemon juice

salmongirl
01-24-2012, 08:31 PM

Well said. I will think it is hard to break your connection with food but when you put it in that perspective it makes way more sense. Thanks for reminding everyone.

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Wuv, You are the main person that comment was directed to, you are such an amazing and inspiring person, thank you for that. And thank you for the congratulations and yes GONE FOREVER. I refuse to let myself EVER gain it back, what I love so much about this diet is I am learning how to cook foods that are healthy and nutritious therefore changing my eating habits and my life, forever. And congratulations to you, I have read your story and many, many, many of your comments and posts, it gives me motivation! And I am from Baton Rouge!

(P.S) I dont know how to copy a previous post like you did and reply, might have done it but not sure, I am still learning how this AMAZING site works :)

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Wuv, You are the main person that comment was directed to, you are such an amazing and inspiring person, thank you for that. And thank you for the congratulations and yes GONE FOREVER. I refuse to let myself EVER gain it back, what I love so much about this diet is I am learning how to cook foods that are healthy and nutritious therefore changing my eating habits and my life, forever. And congratulations to you, I have read your story and many, many, many of your comments and posts, it gives me motivation! And I am from Baton Rouge!

(P.S) I dont know how to copy a previous post like you did and reply, might have done it but not sure, I am still learning how this AMAZING site works :)

Well you are WELCOME!!!...glad I have helped you in some ways. To quote like I did above, do you see in the right hand corner of the post where it says quote? click that then click reply to post and it will put the quote in the box. Start typing after the work [/QUOTE].....that easy :)

ICanLoseItThisTime
01-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Well you are WELCOME!!!...glad I have helped you in some ways. To quote like I did above, do you see in the right hand corner of the post where it says quote? click that then click reply to post and it will put the quote in the box. Start typing after the work .....that easy :)[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Thank you! Now I can actually reply to people and *hopefully* help them and they will actually know I am responding to them haha!

shiipa
01-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Well, this is my 2nd day and I am not feeling hungry but I have a constant headache. The thing I'm a little worried about is an itchy rash. I'll have to call tomorrow to check what might be causing this. I'm having a hard time eating all the vegetables and hope I'll get better with that :)

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 08:50 PM
.....that easy :)[/B][/COLOR]

Excellent! Thank you! Now I can actually reply to people and *hopefully* help them and they will actually know I am responding to them haha![/QUOTE]

type AFTER the [/QUOTE]like here....lol......

Tammywhiz
01-24-2012, 09:02 PM

Wow ! You will make a good coach. I never really thought about cheating that way before, but it is so true, now that we have made this committment, we really need to stay faithful to the plan !

Thanks for the pep talk

wyo1963
01-24-2012, 09:03 PM
What type of speggetti can you have?

lingereverywhere
01-24-2012, 09:05 PM

Thanks a bunch!

I'm with you on the not loving seafood. I bought some frozen tilapia and discovered I absolutely love it steamed with some (a lot, actually, but to taste) fresh basil, salt and pepper. Takes about 10 mins for a 6oz filet and doesn't taste fishy at all to me. Don't overcook or it will be get dry though.

3mama
Add some more salt, put 1/4tsp in the palm of your hand and lick it off then drink some water, Your BP or your electolytes are low. THis should help within 15-20 minutes

Thanks so much! That helped. I have high-ish blood pressure and have been told to stay away from sodium for so long that willingly eating salt is going to take a little getting used to. ;)

[QUOTE=wyo1963;4186702]okay .... for the first time in my life.....I looked for and bought Talapia fish for dinner tonight. I dont like seafood except for tuna. This is a huge day for me. I like things that fly and walk on dry land. Guess I will broil it with lemon pepper and sea salt.

I love Tilapia! Hope you enjoyed it too! Thanks for the reminder about the salt - I'll have to work to stay on top of that. It did make a difference.

You are doing amazing! Keep it up! Can't wait til I am at that point.

Great post! You have such a good plan in place that you'll do great! Have lots of fun! I especially love what you said about being there to make memories. My daughter's 2nd birthday party is coming up and I am quite known for having an elaborate food spread and yummy homemade cake. I am going to be cutting back on the food this year and while I will still make a cake I won't be having any. The day is about celebrating the blessing she is to us NOT about food!

canadiancandy
Hey all my fellow IP'ers!! gratz on all the WI's and NSV's today :)

Great cheating advice in here today, thank you all for the perspective!! i have not cheated but ordering dinner for my brother today (2 large donairs) almost killed me lol however i didn't crack :)

My IP center, complete health has began to offer a exercise class, i went to my 1st one last night. It was great the trainer and coach are amazing! I tried my best but sadly my uncoordinated clumsiness had my ball, weights and mat all over the place, it also had me tripping over my own feet. I think he was worried i was gonna pass out (it also doesn't help that i am very white and get super red @ the slightest exertion lol) My mama came with me and she totally showed me up haha I was wondering if any other IP centers offer this? i find it a great mate for the program, building muscle and endurance.

Only thing that sucks is my armpit muscles hurt, i didn't even know there were muscles in there hahaha

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 09:14 PM
What type of speggetti can you have?

You can't have spaghetti!!!!...you can make zucchinni noodles but there IS NO pasta allowed!!

canadiancandy
01-24-2012, 09:20 PM
You can't have spaghetti!!!!...you can make zucchinni noodles but there IS NO pasta allowed!!

I tried the IP spaghetti last night, the noodles are like the kind you find in a lipton cup of soup (the little white short ones). I added hamburger and vegies, it wasn't spaghetti in the sense of tons of noodles but the flavor (with some added seasonings) really helped me fill my spaghetti craving.

wyo1963
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Holy exclamation points! I feel like I have been yelled at. I know pasta is a no-no. Sorry for the heart attack.

ptod
01-24-2012, 09:43 PM

Thanks a bunch!

I don't like fishy fishy either, but talapia and mahi mahi are tasty. Like Wuv, I buy frozen - no pressure to cook it right away. :D There are some frozen brands that you can cook in the microwave in about 4 minutes - similar to the steamer bags of frozen veggies. However, you MUST READ LABELS. Many packages have ingredients that are not allowed on plan. I would tell you the brands but we had fish the last 2 nights and are now out. :p You want a package where the ingredient list says: Ingredients: fish - plus some OP seasoning.

Actually I wasn't too keen on trying ocean perch, but DH wanted some so we cooked it for dinner last night. I tried to have an open mind, but have to confess that I ate the 2 fillets in about 8 bites. If I didn't somehow always end up getting pieces with bones, I likely would have eaten the fish in less than 4 bites. I didn't care for it, but I finished dinner and moved on. You might just surprise yourself - try a few types. Many steamer packages only have 2 servings so you aren't risking too much.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!....YOU my friend have a PLAN and are PREPARED for your function. You will over come this with FLYING colors...You will be SO PROUD of yourself for doing so. You are right...its about MEMORIES being made of course you would like to sample some of the food because I am sure there will be some extravagant food from the sound of the price tag of the wedding BUT you have never tired it ( I am assuming ) so you aren't missing much in my book :)

Honestly, sometimes fancy food isn't very tasty plus I don't like seeing people fret over what utensil to use during a formal dinner. Shared meals shouldn't be so pressure filled. Who cares if you use the dessert spoon to eat soup, I don't - the smaller spoon just makes your soup last longer. ;)

Weird thing about this wedding is I do know what is being served during dessert (besides wedding cake) and many would think I am nutty for passing it up this part of the experience, but I will indeed pass.

I have had a vision that while dessert is being served I pull out my caramel nut bar and people keep asking me what table I found that on. I hope I don't say something like "back off buddy, this bar in mine!" too loudly. I don't want to get that look from Mom. :lol:

Beanie Mommy
01-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Having an excellent week! 100 percent OP - not even struggling :)
This is my 4th week the second time around, and I feel like I can really stay committed to the end this time.
Last time, about a year ago I was on IP and my mind wasn't really in the right place. I was looking for every excuse to cheat "just a little" and totally wasted the eight weeks I should have been OP.
This time I am staying focused and 100 percent OP - reading all your posts and getting encouragement from you guys makes this so much more achievable.
I figure that I will need to be in phase 1 until about September to reach my
goal. Reading your posts and incorporating all the good advice will make the time just fly by, I'm convinced.
Thank you especially to Wuv - you are truly inspiring!

ptod
01-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Only thing that sucks is my armpit muscles hurt, i didn't even know there were muscles in there hahaha

Good thing I swallowed my ice tea before reading the end of your post. Ice tea and laptop do not mix. Hope you make many more discoveries about your muscles & yourself! :cp:

canadiancandy
01-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Good thing I swallowed my ice tea before reading the end of your post. Ice tea and laptop do not mix. Hope you make many more discoveries about your muscles & yourself! :cp:

Before i report on my next session (tomorrow) i will begin my post with a disclaimer about liquids and computers hehe :) .... Thank you for the well wishes and i wish you success as well !

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Holy exclamation points! I feel like I have been yelled at. I know pasta is a no-no. Sorry for the heart attack.
I am sorry if you felt yelled at, when you asked about spaghetti, I am thinking Tomato sauce (no no) and pasta another no no. That was my point. IP does have a spaghetti packet that is allowed twice a week.

mompattie
01-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Having an excellent week! 100 percent OP - not even struggling :)
This is my 4th week the second time around, and I feel like I can really stay committed to the end this time.
Last time, about a year ago I was on IP and my mind wasn't really in the right place. I was looking for every excuse to cheat "just a little" and totally wasted the eight weeks I should have been OP.
This time I am staying focused and 100 percent OP - reading all your posts and getting encouragement from you guys makes this so much more achievable.
I figure that I will need to be in phase 1 until about September to reach my
goal. Reading your posts and incorporating all the good advice will make the time just fly by, I'm convinced.
Thank you especially to Wuv - you are truly inspiring!

You and I are on very similar journeys! I could have typed your post WORD FOR WORD!! I'm in this round 2, fell off the wagon about a year ago at Christmas....this time just "feels" different - I'm actually dealing with my feelings rather than stuffing them with food. I feel in control for once in my life. So glad to meet you!

Iamthegram
01-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi I am new to the site and I am starting my plan tomorrow. So I have no special plans for today, but I will check back tomorrow and be sure to post!

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Hi I am new to the site and I am starting my plan tomorrow. So I have no special plans for today, but I will check back tomorrow and be sure to post!

Welcome to the journey of a lifetime!!...remember the next few days will be detoxing so your body will go through withdrawals from sugars and carbs so be prepared for a headache in which case put 1/4 tsp of sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it off, within 15-20 mins it will be gone :)

Beanie Mommy
01-24-2012, 11:01 PM
You and I are on very similar journeys! I could have typed your post WORD FOR WORD!! I'm in this round 2, fell off the wagon about a year ago at Christmas....this time just "feels" different - I'm actually dealing with my feelings rather than stuffing them with food. I feel in control for once in my life. So glad to meet you!

Isn't it great not to be alone in this? :hug: Thank you for sharing your round 2 story. Now there's at least 2 of us second-timers, how exciting! So very glad to meet you, too.

Let's stay strong and support each other! "Eating away" your problems doesn't solve anything, I couldn't agree more! I feel like I may have needed that first round of "failing" to come to my senses and just do what needs to be done this time around.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to being weighed on Thursday.

poohbear1201
01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I am on week 3 (this is day 2 of week 3) I had my weigh in yesterday and was so discouraged to see that I only lost a pound :( All the nos I said to my boyfriends pizza, beer, salsa, chips and wine I thought might have been worth at least 3 pounds.
Starting weight 169
Week 2 weight 166
Week 3 weight 165
Lost an inch on my thigh this week (thank goodness)
1/2 in chest
everything else stayed the same.

Wondering if this low weight loss is normal, has anyone else had this experience??
Many thanks
I love this website

Jonis
01-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Hi,

I am on week 3 (this is day 2 of week 3) I had my weigh in yesterday and was so discouraged to see that I only lost a pound :( All the nos I said to my boyfriends pizza, beer, salsa, chips and wine I thought might have been worth at least 3 pounds.
Starting weight 169
Week 2 weight 166
Week 3 weight 165
Lost an inch on my thigh this week (thank goodness)
1/2 in chest
everything else stayed the same.

Wondering if this low weight loss is normal, has anyone else had this experience??
Many thanks
I love this website

You need to look at it differently...Why would you be discouraged to lose a pound? Imagine a pound of butter. That is what came off you. Take a deep breath and keep your eye on the prize. The pizza, beer, etc will always be there. You will get to eat them again but for now on this journey, you're taking a break from them. Just think when we all are eating healthier these foods will be "once and a whiles" which is what they should always have been.
By the way, I am also in week 3. I have lost weight but not inches. Everyone is different. Don't be discouraged, the weight will come off. I can't speak for you but in the mean time I am learning patience, healthy choices, and to not eat my feelings. Keep on keepin' on.

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 12:19 AM
I cam across this tonight while looking for motivational things to do so I thought I would share it with everyone

MaMaZu
01-25-2012, 12:28 AM

Thanks a bunch!

Tilapia is a great starter fish: it's soft, white and somewhat buttery. I love to sauté some garlic and diced red pepper, add some herbs de Provence and capers, and then set cup up pieces of tilapia on top. Braise for a few minutes on each side, Delish!

stmpspaz
01-25-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm back from my trip to Texas, and I am pretty proud of myself!

I was not able to stick completely to the plan, BUT I did really well in choosing my off program foods. According to my scale I didn't loose anymore weight - but didn't gain any either. So I am happy with that - and I didn't feel deprived while on vacation. So - yeah for me!

Now, tomorrow, back to program to loose more!

Patti;)

lindac36
01-25-2012, 12:45 AM

I got talapia for the first time today too. the fish monger said to drizzle it in olive oil (infused with garlic or rosemary is great too), a little salt and pepper and throw it on the grill. He was right it was fabulous! Another 'new' something since starting this lifestyle.

Shemsham
01-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Made the cereal pancakes again and finally success !! Yummy :-) Tammy

patns
01-25-2012, 12:56 AM

Thanks a bunch!

This is likely about the best choice for you as it is a very mild fish. It really takes on the flavour of whatever spices you use. I never have had a problem with frozen fish, I think much of it is flash frozen right on the boat so is just like fresh when you prepare it.

THISTIME4ME
01-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Wyo1963, I just realized that you started 2 days after me and have lost 10 lbs more than me. What are you doing differently than me? It looks like you exercise (I was told not to.) Is there anything else? I've stayed OP for the whole time.

I'm very happy for you, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Heidi

tenniels
01-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Hey all. Lot's of interesting things to read here today! I want to congratulate all of you who had loses, NSV's, and feelings of strength the second time around on IP. I had a rough day today. I didn't "cheat" or anything (that's just not in my plan), but I didn't get all my vegetables down. I was just having a stressful day and eating in general made me feel a little nauseous. I didn't really eat all my chicken at dinner either. So in that aspect I am a little disappointed in myself. I guess its better than my usual stress response (order a stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut lol) so I need to focus on it in a more positive light. Hope you guys have a great night & thanks for sharing your stories, it really keeps me motivated and strong. Much love <3

Jag23
01-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Today I got off Island,but my coach wasn't available to weigh or measure me. Because I am working so much,I just got my food and carried on with my day. Hopefully I can get over to weigh next Monday. The funny thing is,I'm not disappointed that I didn't get weighed. I absolutly know I'm dropping the weight,with my cloths feeling Bigger and I feel bones I'm haven't in a few years. I am remaining strong in my desire to end this Batttle with the Bulge. 16 days to Mexico and less of me will be boarding that plane.......Skipping a happy dance here.

poohbear1201
01-25-2012, 02:05 AM
You need to look at it differently...Why would you be discouraged to lose a pound? Imagine a pound of butter. That is what came off you. Take a deep breath and keep your eye on the prize. The pizza, beer, etc will always be there. You will get to eat them again but for now on this journey, you're taking a break from them. Just think when we all are eating healthier these foods will be "once and a whiles" which is what they should always have been.
By the way, I am also in week 3. I have lost weight but not inches. Everyone is different. Don't be discouraged, the weight will come off. I can't speak for you but in the mean time I am learning patience, healthy choices, and to not eat my feelings. Keep on keepin' on.

Thank you for responding, I suppose I'm so focused on the number 'weight, lbs' that I failed to look at the big picture... I assumed I would lose 3-5 pounds a week and was very disappointed that I didn't reach that number and can't figure out where I went wrong. I am happy I lost a pound, I suppose I was being greedy and wanting more
I appreciate your comment :)

ReadytobeHealthy
01-25-2012, 02:09 AM
I start IP officially tomorrow!!! I am super excited and really really ready for this change. I have a ton of support and the place I get my food sells by the package. They tell you to do a boot camp your first few weeks and stick to Soups, Drinks and Puddings to take the most advantage. I have to do the Alternative plan because of my diabetes! I hope this goes as well as I hope. I will be checking in often and posting more I am sure!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-25-2012, 02:53 AM
I cam across this tonight while looking for motivational things to do so I thought I would share it with everyone

I love this!
I'm going to start brainstorming to see if I can some up with something like this with my own twist.
Thanks for sharing!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Wyo1963, I just realized that you started 2 days after me and have lost 10 lbs more than me. What are you doing differently than me? It looks like you exercise (I was told not to.) Is there anything else? I've stayed OP for the whole time.

I'm very happy for you, but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Heidi

I've wondered this myself. It's a bit disappointing but I've reminded myself that everyone loses differently. Perhaps you have bigger losses later or more consistently. Maybe you just started off with less water weight and loss less at the very beginning. Maybe you're ages are different and you metabolize differently. Or maybe it just means your gonna lose slower. As long as it's working right?! I have faith that you're doing it right and you'll continue to lose! Good luck!

IPlog
01-25-2012, 04:32 AM
stay away from catfish... i find tilapia meaty and less fishy tasting, but we eat fish all of the time here, personal favorite is flounder... good luck

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 09:21 AM

AMEN!

Lorilou
01-25-2012, 09:27 AM

Well said ptod! Weddings, baby or bridal showers, etc. are not about the food and drink but about the event itself and what it represents. We must all remain true to our goals and remember why we are doing this. There will be many events in our lives after we reach our goals where we can taste the food and drink (in moderation of course).

janniegoingdown
01-25-2012, 01:17 PM

Love this! Definitely going to to this tonight, I think it will help stay focused. :dancer: