Dieting with Obstacles - palpitations

View Full Version : palpitations

saggzz
01-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Hey Guys! I have recently started getting heart palpitations. I went to my doctor and my blood work was fine as was my EKG. I have no idea what is causing them. I tend to get them mostly at night after the kids are in bed. During the day, I get them off and on , but they are not as noticeable as at nighttime. I am only 41 and wonder if they could be related to hormonal changes or anxiety. I have suffered from anxiety in the past. I had palpitations when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. The doctor did a echocardiogram and a 24 hour monitor during that pregnancy and everything was fine. Has any one else experienced this?
Thanks.

ronni62
01-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Well, all I can say for sure is that when I started getting hot flashes, I got palpitations with them, especially if I hadn't eaten much. My EKG and monitoring also came back ok and as the hot flashes have decreased in frequency, the palpitations are very, very rare. I started getting the flashes (what I call my inner child playing with matches;)) when I was 41 or 42 along with other perimenopause symptoms and the palpitations would sometimes be so bad, I'd feel as if I might pass out. Now, at 49, I haven't had any in several months, maybe a year.

Pay attention to whether you're feeling hot or sweating abnormally when the palpitations happen. That'll tell you whether it could be hormonal. Good luck:)

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I second those thoughts RONNI ... I had the same symptoms in my mid-forties. As time went on, they lessened but I still get them now & then and I'm 53 years old now. These dang hormones can cause anxiety in themselves too; then you feel anxious over the other symptoms as well ... :dizzy: