Exercise! - JM'S Ripped in 30......Who's in?

View Full Version : JM'S Ripped in 30......Who's in?

madison27
01-23-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm looking for some one to join me in doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 program. From all the reviews I have read.....it is awesome and really gives results.

I have never done any of JM's videos, but, have heard plenty about them.

I know they can be tough...so if I'm gonna sweat my 'you know what off' ;) I mind as well go all the way!:dizzy:

I would love someone to join in with me so we can support each other, 'cause I know, if no one's watching I can find every excuse in the book not to work out. :)

Perhaps at the end of the 30 days, we can post our stats and/or before and after pics.

Sooooooooo......Who's In?:dance:

Talina
01-23-2012, 02:15 PM
I might be interested in joining you! I haven't done Ripped in 30 yet. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a copy. The nice thing about JM videos is even though they're really tough, they're short. I haven't been able to stick with doing 30 Day Shred for more than a few days at a time yet, but that's how I've been able to make it through the video.

I've been trying to set up a daily workout routine, but also keep coming up with excuses. It looks like we have very similar stats too!

This thread should probably get moved to the fitness video board.

madison27
01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Glad to see you Talina...yup I guess we are very similar. I'm hoping to start tonight. I've previewed the week 1 video and it doesnt look too hard, but, we all know looks can be deceiving ;) i'm shooting for doing this 4x's a week and maybe throw in some callanetics. Don't forget Talina, every bit helps and with the rip dvd Jillian starts you off slow so you can build your strenght and endurance. Good luck and welcome aboard! ;)

Sylvied
01-23-2012, 04:22 PM
I bought Ripped in 30 last fall before we moved. If I can find it, I'm in.

I keep trying to do a 45 minute workout in the mornings and it's just not working - I work late and then find myself sleeping in. Maybe it'll help if I do a 30 minute one instead.

madison27
01-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Awesome to have you Sylvied! Ya, the longer workouts can be so cumbersome, thats was one of the appeals of this workout..."only 30 mins"...It may be kick butt, but, its only a half the time of most programs. :)

EagleRiverDee
01-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I've been doing it with some other videos for a couple months. It's a butt-kickin' good time! I was VERY impressed with how well done it is, and how hard it is while still being something I can do. I had just got done with a full round of P90X which is almost legendary for being hard, and I thought Ripped in 30 would be sort like taking a break. NOT! It's very hard, just in a different way. Jillian will smoke you, but you're gonna love it. I really like that it's a fairly short workout (about 35 minutes start to finish counting the warm up and cool down) and love the 3/2/1 format.

Talina
01-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Well I got my hands on Ripped in 30. Now I just need to go home from work today and get to it! The problem is right after work I'm usually too exhausted that I need time to relax. Then I don't get back into a productive mode. Before I know it, it's past my bedtime.

spryng
01-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Right now I'm doing the 30 day shred but when I finish it (in 28 more days) I do plan on checking this dvd out for sure! :)

Talina
01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
So I got up this morning and tried to do 30 DS (Because I was short on time). But I had to stop after one circuit because I realize how late it was going to make me for work. It wasn't much, but at least it was a start for me to put in the dvd and move! So now I plan to get home and do Ripped!

I'm also going to take pictures and measurements tonight. I do a daily weigh in and was exactly 166 this morning (it fluxuates a lot, but that seems to the average for the past few days), so it looks like that's my official start weight. I have a new bikini that I can't wait to see how it will look in month!

Madison, have you started yet? I know I'll probably need someone to keep me going. Here's to no excuses!

Sylvied, I've been having the same problem. I need to figure out how to get my butt out of bed earlier. Snooze is evil!

EagleRiverDee, what do you find to be the major difference between Jillian and p90x? What's harder or easier? I'm considering trying 90x when I'm finished with Ripped, but it's a bit early to be planning that!

Spryng, I look forward to you joining us in 28 days!

EagleRiverDee
01-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Talina-

Jillian and P90X are totally different, but both are totally hard. You already know Jillian does a 3-2-1 resistance-cardio-abs and that her workouts are about a half hour. P90X is about an hour a day 6 days a week so you do (for example) chest and back on Monday, Plyometrics on Tuesday, shoulders and arms on Wednesday, Yoga on Thursday, Legs on Friday, Karate on Saturday, Rest or stretch on Sunday. Also on M/W/F there is a 15 minute abs program.

I think they are both great programs. :)

Sylvied
01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
I did it this morning. I found the dvd and managed to get up and got through level 1. The one issue I have with it is that some parts of the workout seem best suited to different sized weights so I probably shouldn't be using the same size weights throughout and I'm going to have to sneak into my husband's workout to steal his weights.

EagleRiverDee
01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Sylvied- I use just 2lb and 10lb weights in Ripped in 30. I can lift way more than that when I'm doing resistance training, but JM focuses more on holding poses for a long time or lifting for a couple minutes at a go and even with light weights you will feel pretty fried. You won't need anything too heavy, I don't think.

madison27
01-27-2012, 02:02 AM
Hello everyone! I plan on starting the rip workout this weekend. I've been doing Callanetics (awesome workout btw) and it's kicking my butt. By the time I'm done with it....my legs are shaking! So, I've decided to alternate every other day with rip and callanetics. For me, both in one day would probably be just too much and/or overkill. ;) Rip will get 4 days and callanetics 3. I think this would be a good mix for me until I build more strength and endurance.

Glad to see everyone here :hug: Keep posting! :D

Sylvied
01-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks EagleRiverDee, I've been using 5-7 lbs (depending on how I feel that day) and they've been okay. It's just the second circuit on Level 1 with the pseudo kettlebell swing move where I feel like I could probably shift up to a 10.

Talina
01-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I finally got myself out of bed early enough this morning and hit play! So day one down!

I was surprised that it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, which means I really need to push more and use heavier weights for some things. I agree with the kettleball swing. That didn't feel like it was working anything, I'll definitely try something heavier tomorrow. It's kind of weird that she tells you to have two sets of weights but doesn't switch. Maybe she does in the other levels. I couldn't believe the workout was only 3 circuits. I kept expecting a fourth, and when the cool down started I thought it was a trick.

I still hate push ups! It was such a relief to hear Jillian say that we only had to do them for one week. I get frustrated because I can only go down a few inches, but the knees feels way too easy. I didn't give them my all today because I wanted to save some energy for the rest of the video. Now I know to push through them anyway.

SophieCormier
01-27-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm going to try this DVD again. I had done it for a couple of days during summer but it was just too hot to do. I never got to the second level. I'm starting it again either tonight or tomorrow morning and plan on doing it for the full 30 days! I'm going to before and after pics.

Talina
01-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Sophie, I look forward to you joining us! You should start today instead of putting it off!

I wasn't able to do it this morning, because this is one of the rare times I have to work on a Saturday. I was running about 20 minutes behind, but I'm getting better about waking up earlier! As long as I stay disciplined this week, it should start becoming much easier. As soon as I get home from work I'll be sure to turn on the dvd. Maybe even during lunch!

We have a catered breakfast that is up all morning. I'm forcing myself to be mostly good and mostly eat fruit. I avoided the donuts, but there are some tasty sausage wraps. So tempting! I'm trying to remind myself that moderation is the key.

Talina
02-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I have not been nearly as on track as I had hoped to be. On the bright side I am still eating better. Not perfect, but better. I'm seeing a slow and steady weight loss and feel like I look better. Now if I could just kick myself back into gear and get to exercising. I hope the habit will be as difficult to break as it is to form!

MiZTaCCen
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
I do this video when I'm lazy and want a quick workout. Not saying it's easy because it really isn't but the length it is, is perfect! But I couldn't do this for 30 days... sorry, but keep us updated with the progress, I want to hear all about it!

Candeka
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I had to choose between Ripped in 30 and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism to do along with the 30 Day Shred... I decided to go with BFBM, but I will keep an eye on this thread and if people start saying how well its working for them, than I might have to make another trip to the store!! Good luck everyone.

move2lose
02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
I bought this dvd last week and plan to start it in the next couple of days. Its summer here though and has been extremely hot so I've mostly been swimming laps, so may need to wait until the weather cools down a bit to do it every day.

novangel
02-05-2012, 01:32 PM
My goal is to get in a little better shape so I can work up to doing this DVD again. Right now I'm doing Yoga/Gazelle/handweights. I tried starting out with this DVD a few times and I loved it but I just couldn't keep up at all. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Hopefully I can join your guys in the next few weeks. :)

littlebumblebee
02-05-2012, 10:56 PM
I will start the dvd tomorrow. I was planning to start another dvd, but I am going to push myself and start "Ripped in 30". I will also take my measurements tomorrow morning.

Sylvied
02-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Back on track today. Last week I had ridiculously long workdays that included a whole lot of hauling of boxes and display stuff for a show so the workout plan suffered although I was still pretty physically active all week and did spend Thursday night skating with a bunch of 7 year olds.

I did a lot of sleeping on the weekend.

I'm going to try to start week 2 later this week.

littlebumblebee
02-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Today was my first day of level one.
I did get a good sweat, in such a short time.
I really like the dvd so far.

madison27
02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Today was my first day of level one.
I did get a good sweat, in such a short time.
I really like the dvd so far.
Excellent lbb :) I can't find my dvd...lol but I have been hitting the t
readmill and doing callanetics almost everyday....starting to get boring, so, I will be on the hunt tonight for ripped. :)

move2lose
02-06-2012, 10:12 PM
I did the first workout on Sunday and really enjoyed it. Perfect time for a workout. For each excercise just when I though I couldn't do anymore, there was only a couple more to do which I could manage. Between that and all the other excercise I did on Saunday, most of my muscles were killing me, so I gave it a miss yesterday and just did cardio.

Sylvied
02-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Started week 2 today. Ouch. I don't seem to have as much energy in the morning as I used to.

littlebumblebee
02-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Madison: Find that dvd!

I missed yesterday, but I worked out today.
I am counting today as my day one and I will exercise for 6 consecutive days, take a break and move on to week 2.

Talina
02-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm glad that people are still keeping up with the dvd! I had a death in the family. Now that I'm back I'm trying to kick my butt back into gear, but the bf is coming into town this weekend so it might not get going again until Monday. I feel like it's an excuse, but I know I won't work out during one of my last chances to see him before he goes overseas.
I need to figure out how to get out of the funk and force myself to move again.

Sylvied
02-27-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the death in your family Talina. Take care of you and be gentle with yourself.

I'm back again too. I got an infection a couple of weeks ago and the antibiotics really took it out of me. Started Week 2 again this morning. I knew I was ready because when my alarm went off I actually felt awake rather than feeling like I'd been dragged out of the deepest sleep known to man.

It went pretty well. I still hate the plank stuff though.

Candeka
02-27-2012, 11:31 AM
I started this DVD yesterday. I still have fat to lose (Im currently a size 10/12 and with my bone structure I should be about an 8).... but I am mixing it in with my once a week deep water bootcamp classes and the 30DS. I'm more so looking to shrink as opposed to dropping numbers since I am currently 144 which is good for my height, but I am so flubby with little muscle. Fingers crossed!... oOo and I'll try to incorporate her BFBM video, but I just hate long workouts.

Sylvied
02-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Two days in a row. Gotta keep up my momentum!

Sylvied
02-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Day 3. Got up and did it again. I was really tired though and struggled not to stay on the floor at the end of the ab sessions. This was not helped by my cat who determined that a human on the floor must be looking to cuddle with a cat not do ab exercises.

kateleestar
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I do this DVD! With 30DS and a little walk away the pounds thrown in!

I'm on L1D4 tomorrow... Tonight is L2D1 for 30DS and a mile of WATP! :D

Sylvied
03-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Yay Kateleestar that sounds like a terrific combination and a way to keep from getting bored. I did the 30 DS for about a year and a half before getting bored with it and trying other things. I was so excited to see that Jillian had another 30 minute workout set.

I like the way she runs her workouts and find them really effective when my days are packed.

Fourth day in a row today. Hopefully I can make this a habit again.

madison27
03-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I still can not find my dvd...but ended up getting a download of JM's Ripped.

Did my first workout today and.....Holy Moly!!! It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. The worst part for me was the cardio. I thought that would be the easiest part for me, 'cause I have been doing a lot of Hiit on my treadmill. Boy was I wrong! :dizzy:

Oh well...lol....gonna try to give this another try tomorrow....Hopefully it does get easier. I know I am going to be in a world of hurt tomorrow. ;)

Charin
03-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi, can I join? My plan is to do each level for 10 days. I exercise from Monday through Friday and usually either rest or do just a light jog in Saturdays and sundays. I finished 30 day shred which I loved and have just this week finished the first level if ripped in 30. So I will start level 2 this Monday! I've definitely toned up and gotten more defined as a result of these workouts. I will try to report regularly for accountability and look forward to hearing about your own experiences! Have a great day!

Sylvied
03-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Welcome Charin!
I find Jillian's workouts tend to start showing fast when it comes to muscle building.

First day of Week 3 today. It was brutal. I think I might be here for two weeks. But I got through it and I still managed to stand on the bus to work.

jlee1284
03-06-2012, 02:50 AM
How much more difficult is Ripped in 30 compared to 30 day shred? I want to know before i chose one to start.

Sylvied
03-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I'd start with 30 day shred. I think it's a little bit less intense - at least compared with week 3 (and 4 I assume) of Ripped in 30. Also, the moves themselves are less complex. I find Ripped in 30 involves a whole lot of combination moves with balance work whereas the 30 day shred's moves are simple to do correctly consistently but still effective.

The shred is still hard though. The beginner modifications can be the best thing in the world when you're just starting out.

Week 3 Day 2 today. It's still pretty brutal. I'm starting to accept that I will probably be here for two weeks.

Sylvied
03-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Okay, still plugging away on Week Three...the duck walk is a struggle, among other things.

madison27
03-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Great job sylvied. Your doing awesome. Two more workouts left for week 1....then on to level 2. I feel like there is not enough ab work in ripped. Anyone else feel this way? I have added more ab work after each session.

Also, I've read some outstanding reviews on JM's No More Trouble Zones.....I was thinking of maybe adding a segment from nmtz each day along with rip. Any recommendations, suggestions, etc.....on this? Thanks much. :)

Sylvied
03-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah, Week 1 might be comparatively light on abs but Week 2 onward contains lots of core work. Jillian likes to do cardio in plank position so it's cardio and core which means the 1 minute of abs isn't the only ab work being done. A lot of Week 3 involves balance work too so the core is engaged then as well.

I love NMTZ. If you have the 45 minutes to put into it, it is a great, thorough full body workout. Sections 2 and then 5-7 are ab focused if you're specifically looking to up your ab work.

Week 3 was a bit easier this morning.

Sylvied
03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
W4 D1 corresponds with first workday of Daylight Savings Time. My clock said it was 6:00 am. My body knew it was 5:00. Ugh - but done.

Aunty Jam
03-14-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm glad to see this thread... I have the Ripped video but I've only done it once. I planned to do it every other day alternating with my running but it left me so sore I had to take a few days off! Ug :( Next time I must remember to stretch a bit after.

I got this one because walmart didn't have the 30 day shred, but reading your posts about how this one is harder I wish I had found shred!