:D

New Pages!

Tejas
01-23-2012, 04:16 AM
I'm going back to bed. :lol:

beach bum
01-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Heard on the radio that our temps are going up and rain is coming to wash this white stuff away.The only thing it get cold during the night and the water turns to ice.

Haven't decided whether I want to go out today or just take another day of relaxing. My back & hip were bothering me from the shoveling I did. Now I have to watch out for the ice,and keep on putting rock salt down to continue melting it.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,hope you sleep well,I going to try to take a nap later on today.

NANCY-I was going to see I Bought A Zoo but my friend told me the same thing you posted it was worth seeing it,especially for newly widows like us. Now to take of the stuff you want to get rid of. I suggest you make a list and put the stuff to get rid of near the basement stairs or the stairs out to the yard and than when the junk man comes your all set. If you decided to have a yard sale the stuff with be close by to take out side for your sale.

Have a great day

ontarget
01-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Rhonda, you're really dedicated to give us new pages so early. I hope you were able to get more rest. Today Dr. Oz was talking about ways to help us sleep better. He had some good ideas.

Maryann, we're getting rain the next couple of days. No snow or ice, though.

We had a day at home today. Neither of us went anywhere. Don't know about tomorrow yet, but I imagine we'll go into town. We're out of bananas. :lol:

Tejas
01-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Send me good thoughts tomorrow afternoon. I'm being evaluated to see if I need a root canal. I can tell you that I do. I've been in pain since last Thursday and am on heavy drugs at the moment. I managed with the gks because I was on pain meds, and they got heavier today. What a bore!

ontarget
01-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Rhonda, I am sending you good vibes. I hope you get rid of your pain soon. Ask for gas if they do the root canal. You'll love it!

Tejas
01-24-2012, 09:26 AM
:lol: I've had the gas before. I thought that must be what it feels like to have 6 martinis without the hangover!

ontarget
01-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I couldn't work for a dentist. I'd be inhaling all the time. :lol:

Tejas
01-24-2012, 07:45 PM
I had the first stage of the root canal and am home doing as much of nothing as I can do. My mouth is so sore although the dentist was good.

Soft foods for me for a while.

ontarget
01-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Take it easy.

Tejas
01-24-2012, 10:24 PM
soft foods....hmmm, ice cream, cake, pie, milk shakes, malts....maybe this isn't so bad :lol:

beach bum
01-25-2012, 11:09 AM

Sorry I was MIA yesterday as I got busy ,with grocery shopping & then in the afternoon I was making a beef stew. The birds were singing all day and it felt like Spring, as tt reached up to 50 degrees .

Now its getting cold up here again,felt it when I went out to put out the garbage & recycling. Hope it stays nice for Thurs & Fri as I'm going out with my friends and don't need it to snow than.

I'm going to be stuck indoors again today as I have to wait for National Grid Gas man to come to expect my fireplace insert & boiler and gas meter. I don't want to miss his call as I missed him twice, once in Nov & Dec. They say they call you twice and if you don't answer the second call the appointment will automatically cancel.

SANDRA-Cold morning even though the sun is shinning. The snow is gone after yesterdays 50's temps.Hope it stays that way,but we still have Feb & March to face.

RHONDA-Hugs:hug: So you needed a root canal after all hope you sore mouth mends shortly. That's the best part soft foods,especially like ice cream & milk shakes Your right they are yummy.

Have to go and get my garbage can in before they blow away.

Tejas
01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
I slept a full night, then took a 2 hour nap!

It's been raining since last night, and it's wonderful. It's got to help our drought
situation. Our dog is afraid of thunderstorms and she spent the night in my walk-in closet. I wish I had thought of that earlier for her. She seemed to be relaxed there.

ontarget
01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Rhonda, I spent many a storm rocking Derik in our walkin closet when he was a baby.

We got around 4.5 inches of rain so far. Looks like we're on lakefront property. :lol:

Maryann, stew sounds good to me. Yummmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got home from the doctor. I had a blood vessel burst in my right eye. I felt it happen while I was lying in bed reading. Don't know what caused it. My blood pressure is good. No vision problems but oodles of cosmetic issues. It'll take 2-3 weeks for the whites of my eye to return. Red now and soon to be yellow. Life goes on.

Tejas
01-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Sandra, ouch! You're so hip; looking Goth, no doubt.

KmbRN84
01-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi ladies! I was wondering if you guys had a food list anywhere? I was really hoping to try a no count diet plan to get myself back on the losing track. I lost about 50 pounds in 2010 and have maintained that loss through 2011, only droping another 10ish pounds for the whole year. I am really happy to have maintained my weight but I really want to lose another 50 and hope this may be the way. I lost the first 50 with pure calorie counting, but I really dont want to go that route again if I can avoid it. Thanks!

ontarget
01-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Rhonda, I'm super goth. :lol:

Km, I'm sending you a PM.

Tejas
01-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Where is everyone else?

I've been keeping my carbs to 100-130 grams/day. It is not so easy.

ontarget
01-26-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm here red eye and all. My food's not been good.

Rhonda, congrats on keeping low carb. I know that's not easy.

beach bum
01-26-2012, 12:18 PM

Got up late again,from lack of sleep during the night.Had the gas people come out again yesterday after the lady that they sent turned my pilot light off and never turned it back on,as I thought[my fault] I didn't see the pilot light on my boiler and gas insert like I ways did before. When the guy returned the pilots were on,but I still didn't see them.He told me they are in the back of the units.Better safe that sorry.

Well today I'm going out with Rita,to the Crab Apple again,she seems to like this place that we found.Tomorrow I'm going out with my lost friend Alice. Boy there a lot of catching up to do.

SANDRA-Going to make chili next week now that the temps are going down a little.Sorry about your eye,doesn't it hurt????????I never that a blood vessel break in my eye. Hope it heals fast soon.

RHONDA-Glad that you found a place for your doggy during a TS. I don't like them either,especially at night when I was upstairs as we had the sky lites above out bed and when the lightening flashed it frightened me.TG I down stirs and I don't see them that much.Oh My, I hope doing this carb counting correctly as I'm on a 53-93 grms count every day

KMB-Welcome to the thread.I know what you mean counting calories,but that the only way I can lose is counting them. Plus low carbing. Hope your get started back to weight loss goal.

Have to go, get ready to met my friend for lunch

Have a great day

ontarget
01-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Maryann, better safe than sorry is right. My eye is sore but my vision is as good as usual. It did flutter some this morning while I was shooting. I think that means it was bleeding a little more but am not sure.

Tejas
01-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Maryann, you are probably not counting the carbs correctly. A glass of skim milk has 12 grams, and apple has 19, a banana has 27, 1/2 beans is 19, a cup of berries is 12, a cup of cooked oatmeal is 27...and so on. So, unless you're on Atkins, you're probably eating more carbs.

nancy237
01-26-2012, 11:04 PM
We are at a hospice tonight with my aunt. They don't think she will live more than a few days. She is comfortable and has family around her and we have somewhat accepted that this is goodbye.

I have been doing low carb and I think it will work for me . I lost 2 lbs but then had a few days at the hospital where I had to eat what I could find.

My house has gotten topsy turvy from running back and forth to the hospital.
I have to figure out a better way to organize my clothes. When I get in a hurry I pull out so many clothes to find what I want ..
Do you girls put all like clothes together. I tried to do like colors once but it didn't work well.

Tejas
01-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Nancy, I hope the final days are peaceful for your aunt and family.

I order my tops by color, and pants by casual, formal, etc. I have a separate section for really casual tops like t-shirts, by color. Suits, jackets,etc. are in their own areas and by color. Formal clothes of any type are in their own area also. House dresses and robes are in their own area. That's my closet, and it works for me (usually).

beach bum
01-27-2012, 12:45 PM

Got up late again,can't seem to sleep at night going to take one of my sleeping pills the doctor gave me back when Leo passed away.Hope they not to old to use them.

Boy!!! Is it raining and down pouring I was going to go out to Walmart before I met Alice for lunch but decided to go afterwards.

SANDRA-Hope your eye heals soon,I can imagine that the fluttering must be bothering you.

RHONDA- I'm eating low carb bread 4=5 carbs per slice and I drinking Almond Milk that has 4 carbs per 8 oz glass. The only time I eating high carbs like mashed potatoes or rice is during dinner where my diet the CA permits. My pasta is from Dreamfield that only have 5 carbs per serving.

NANCY-Sorry to hear about your aunt,it can be a trying time for the family sending extra prayers your way. Congrats on your 2 lb loss doing the low carb way. I match my clothes by color Today I waiting a Light blue pair of pants with a multi floral top with a light blue flower in it. After washing my clothes I bring the same colored clothes on the same hanger this was I have a matching set. Hope that helps.

Have to go and get ready to me Alice for lunch.

Have a great day

beesparkle
01-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi,
Like to join your group if i may. I have been on it a week myself . I loss 3 pounds.

Tejas
01-27-2012, 07:06 PM
:welcome2: Beesparkle.

Jump right in. You can see that we talk about almost anything, so feel free.

Where are you in Canada? I used to live in Toronto.

ontarget
01-27-2012, 09:15 PM
:welcome: Beesparkle. Congratulations on losing those 3 pounds.

Maryann, it took until 5th Period today before a student noticed my eye. He asked about it then apologized for asking. Got to love these seniors. They are super kids.

Nancy, I am glad you are all able to be with your aunt.

My closet was organized but that ended a few weeks ago. I do still keep my slacks and tops separate. What I mainly do, however, is keep a set of clothes in our spare room ready for me to hop into if I get an early morning call to sub.

I had a great day at school today. I had seniors for every class. Couldn't have been a better day. Tomorrow we compete in a local archery tournament. Life is good.

pam920
01-27-2012, 11:49 PM
hello chicks. Sorry to be MIA, but been busy.

Sandra, sorry about your eye. I got new glasses a couple weeks ago, and they were not right. I had to see eye dr today and he adjusted the script. Will send to me in a week or so. Hope they are better.

Rhonda, I wish you were here to help me count. I hate counting. That is why I did South Beach and then Core.

Nancy, hope your aunt goes peacefully. Glad they have her pain in control. My cousin is hanging in there. They said he had about a week but it's been 2 now. I finally talked to him on Monday. Hadn't talk with him since before Christmas, as he was too ill to talk on the phone. He sounded very week. I was able to tell him I love him, so I'm happy about that.

Maryann, I will have to look for those low carb foods. My husband has Type 2 and he watches the carbs. He has it under control. We walk twice a day almost every day and that really helps keep it in check.

Welcome to beesparkle and kmb. Jump right in.

Tejas
01-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Maryann, what bread are you eating. I can't find anything with so few carbs.

pam920
01-28-2012, 01:57 PM
our whole wheat bread has 10 carbs per slice. She might be using the thin low carb bread. It's only 35 calories a slice, so i would assume the carbs would be half what a normal slice would be. I checked Dreamland pasta and the spaghetti has 41 carbs, but they say 4-5 digestible carbs. That confused me.

Tejas
01-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Pam, this is what they say.

http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/low-carb.html

I can find bread with 10 carbs per slice, but I don't see how it could get any more flimsy :lol:

beach bum
01-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had lots to do this morning,plus the sleeping pill worked and I got up at 9:15.
Nothing really new,might go out with Mary to see One For The Money.If she doesn't have to take her DD & DGC to the airport for a trip to Disneyland in Fla.

Got on the scale this morning and I'm down another pound. I guess low carbs especially bread and pasta are helping stay focus this time around.

:welcome3: to the Thread Bee Sparkle,congrats on your 3 lb loss.

SANDRA- I guess kids didn't notice anything that doesn't effect them ,especially with their teacher. Hope it heals soon. I just noticed when I was looking for a wool hat and scarf that I still have outfits down in the boxes that I have to get rid of as I haven't worn them in a year. My next project to get rid of them. At lease you have the blouses and pants in a group Mine are all over the basement.

PAM-- The breads are in the supermarket. Tortilla & pita bread of by Joseph's[4 carb] and the low car bread is from Pepper Ridge Farm carb style [5 carbs] I also have low carb almond Milk [1 carb]

RHONDA-Pepper Ridge Farms has a carb style bread of 4 [carb] and Joseph has a pita and tortilla for about [4 carbs] also. I also have Dreamfeld Pasta which as 5 carbs

Have a great evening

ontarget
01-28-2012, 05:14 PM
We're home from the tournament. Curtis shot well, but I didn't. Can I blame it on my eye? We'll be leaving in a bit to watch our youngest grand play basketball. Life is good.

Tejas
01-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Sandra, of course it's your eye! What's the question?

Thanks Maryann, I'll look at that bread. I have Dreamfield pasta and really like it.

Tejas
01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
I found the lower carb bread by Pepperidge Farm. It's much pricier than I pay for a more local product made it Oklahoma. It's got more carbs, but also more fiber. Anyway, thanks...

ontarget
01-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Thank you, Rhonda. I needed that.

beach bum
01-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Woke up late again and had to rush to church,not going to the movies today as Mary is tired from all the stuff you had do yesterday when her DD from California came last night and this morning headed to Disneyland.

I'm tired myself as I didn't have a good night sleep either, going to take my sleeping pills for another couple of nights to get relieve.

SANDRA-Sorry that you didn't shoot like you usually do, so I'd blame it on the eye.

RHONDA-You should find the bread in a supermarket,the Pepper Ridge should be in the bread asile and the other two I find on a shelf by the deli counter. I know these breads are expensive,but all healthy foods in the supermarket are expensive. The way they count the net carbs at Atkins is to take the total carbs subtract the fiber and you get the net carbs which count for the blood glycose keeping down.

Going to go back to reading my periodicals that I get in the mail during the week.

ontarget
01-29-2012, 03:13 PM
I didn't sleep well last night. My eye was bothering me. It's bruised. Guess that was the cause afterall. I tried to block it out but wasn't very successful.

We just got home from a church potluck. Life is good.

Tejas
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
We had a potluck today too. I took fruit salad, fearing that many others would also. Mine was the only one :lol:

I've made a soup: lots of different kinds of beans, okra, mixed veggies and ham. It look good for supper.

ontarget
01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Rhonda, your soup sounds yummy. I have a pot of pinto beans soaking and will add ham tomorrow morning. I hope I have time to cook them before I leave to keep the grands. I took a chicken salad today. There was one tossed salad to go with it and lots of casseroles.