Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat 1/23/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat 1/23/12

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 02:54 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

Chuckles1330
01-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Happy Monday Everyone! Wishing you a great week. :)

EmilySebetka
01-23-2012, 08:48 AM
I think I don't have school today... My class ends at 10am and that's when our school starts because of the weather... I'm so confused!

My jeans are fitting better! And I'm using a notch in my belt that was too small for me to use before! YEA BOI! LOL, I am loving this!

Junetwin11
01-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Back to work for me after a week off :( Oh well it'll be good to be back on track and have a schedule again :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 08:55 AM
I think I don't have school today... My class ends at 10am and that's when our school starts because of the weather... I'm so confused!

My jeans are fitting better! And I'm using a notch in my belt that was too small for me to use before! YEA BOI! LOL, I am loving this!

It would be awesome to have no class ;)!
That's also amazing about your jeans :) Keep going you're doing awesome! :carrot:

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 08:56 AM
I have 2 weeks in today! WOO HOO. :D :goodvibes

Lakewood
01-23-2012, 09:03 AM
GOOD MORNING!
This really is the Couch Potato Diet! I have been sick with a nasty head cold since Wednesday. I've had my butt on the couch since then. I dropped 5 POUNDS this week! WOW. Haven't had a drop like that since the first few weeks. :D

Have a great week everyone!

massconfusion84
01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Good Morning, I am about to head to nursing school. I am going to have a OP day despite my friends eating cheetos and snicker bars in front of me all day. Talk to yall later!

Icathinme
01-23-2012, 09:16 AM
I know I need to stay off the scale...BUT...I got on today because it's officially one week since I started the program (my weigh-in is on Thursdays)...and I lost 11 pounds in a week! I have no idea how many inches, but at last check, it was 9. I LOVE THIS DIET!

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning all! I am SO HAPPY I have been fighting all my wine and cheese urges each friday night... down another 1.5 so almost 10 lbs since Jan 2... 14 more days till I depart for Punta Cana... so I am really interested to see how much my body will let go 14 days from now! Have a great IP day!!!

meant2b
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

50 lbs gone!!!! I am halfway to my initial goal of losing 100 lbs and feeling incredible! A lot of us have talked about what IP means to us, and I ditto all the positive comments re IP. This program is the perfect fit! It's restricted but not hard, it's results driven to a point but the science behind the program is what truly amazes me... no cravings? no hunger? I've never experienced this before! I LOVE this program!

So, at my week 12 WI (Saturday), I finally wrote down all my inches lost. I wasn't focusing too much on the numbers... more on how my clothes fit. Well, to my surprise, I've lost a total of 22 inches! 6 off my waist, 5 off my thigh (wow), 5.5 off my chest, 3.5 off my hips and 2 off my upper arm!

Wuv, thanks again for always preparing our daily chat... and all your motivating words of encouragement!

Icathinme
01-23-2012, 09:27 AM

50 lbs gone!!!! I am halfway to my initial goal of losing 100 lbs and feeling incredible! A lot of us have talked about what IP means to us, and I ditto all the positive comments re IP. This program is the perfect fit! It's restricted but not hard, it's results driven to a point but the science behind the program is what truly amazes me... no cravings? no hunger? I've never experienced this before! I LOVE this program!

So, at my week 12 WI (Saturday), I finally wrote down all my inches lost. I wasn't focusing too much on the numbers... more on how my clothes fit. Well, to my surprise, I've lost a total of 22 inches! 6 off my waist, 5 off my thigh (wow), 5.5 off my chest, 3.5 off my hips and 2 off my upper arm!

Wuv, thanks again for always preparing our daily chat... and all your motivating words of encouragement!

"Like!"

New Englander
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM

Good morning my IP friends!

Hi meant2b, Congrats on your success...I also past my 1/2 way mark recently and it's a great feeling! Keep up the great work and way to go on your inches loss too!!! Woo hoo!!!

QHLover
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
yay, fit into jeans that I have not worn for 7 years. feeling like buying new ones but want to lose another 20 lbs so will wait until the end. bye bye old jeans :)

NavyMommy
01-23-2012, 09:33 AM

Congrats!!!! 1/2 is such an important step :) I agree this program works wonders for those who follow it. Can I ask how long you've been on? I know that no two people's weight loss will be the same, but I'm really hoping to hit the 50lb mark before we move in April.

I know I need to stay off the scale...BUT...I got on today because it's officially one week since I started the program (my weigh-in is on Thursdays)...and I lost 11 pounds in a week! I have no idea how many inches, but at last check, it was 9. I LOVE THIS DIET!

WTG!!! And after the first week it gets much easier, I promise. :carrot:

This really is the Couch Potato Diet! I have been sick with a nasty head cold since Wednesday. I've had my butt on the couch since then. I dropped 5 POUNDS this week! WOW. Haven't had a drop like that since the first few weeks. :D

That's why I love this diet! Honestly I don't have time to spend hours upon hours at the gym, and get lesser results to boot. Congrats!!:D:carrot:

QHLover
01-23-2012, 09:35 AM
had a difficult weekend, went to a party feeling strong, brought a big veggie platter that I could snack on but still ended up eating some tostitos with salsa, some broccoli and cheese dip and ONE bite of cheese cake, and a glass of red wine. This confirms to me that I am still not ready for social occasions. At home I am strong. Out in the real world I fall apart. I really am in recovery.

NavyMommy
01-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Good morning everyone!!

I love my Monday morning WI's. This week (week #3) I am down 2.6lbs, which puts me in the 170's! Woohoo! That is a number that I haven't seen since before I got pregnant with my son (who's almost 2 now). Baby weight be gone!!

The best part of this is yesterday I was cleaning out / organizing the garage and found a box of my clothes from before I had my older daughter. Now I'm sure some of the stuff was to small for me then (ranges from a 16 to an 8) but it gives me a few things to pick from, and best of all I found some really cute skirts that are 14s. So they're all in the wash now along with a pair of my 9/10 jeans so I can see when I can get into those again :) Hope everyone has a great day!

meant2b
01-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone!!

I love my Monday morning WI's. This week (week #3) I am down 2.6lbs, which puts me in the 170's! Woohoo! That is a number that I haven't seen since before I got pregnant with my son (who's almost 2 now). Baby weight be gone!!

The best part of this is yesterday I was cleaning out / organizing the garage and found a box of my clothes from before I had my older daughter. Now I'm sure some of the stuff was to small for me then (ranges from a 16 to an 8) but it gives me a few things to pick from, and best of all I found some really cute skirts that are 14s. So they're all in the wash now along with a pair of my 9/10 jeans so I can see when I can get into those again :) Hope everyone has a great day!

WTG!!! Isn't it great to look forward to a WI, as opposed to dreading them! Or not even going to a 'meeting' for fear of the scale! Sad now to look back on those days. Oh well, it's in the past and was a learning experience.

11 lbs! Fantastic! Congratulations!

Good morning my IP friends!

Hi meant2b, Congrats on your success...I also past my 1/2 way mark recently and it's a great feeling! Keep up the great work and way to go on your inches loss too!!! Woo hoo!!!

Thank you so much! And congratulations to you too!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!! We WILL do this! No doubt!

Icathinme
01-23-2012, 10:02 AM
had a difficult weekend, went to a party feeling strong, brought a big veggie platter that I could snack on but still ended up eating some tostitos with salsa, some broccoli and cheese dip and ONE bite of cheese cake, and a glass of red wine. This confirms to me that I am still not ready for social occasions. At home I am strong. Out in the real world I fall apart. I really am in recovery.

I know how you feel. I went to a family get together this weekend, and it was very, very hard...not only the food, but some comments that were made about the diet I was doing and my ability to lose weight/keep it off. I ended up locking myself in the bedroom for a while. Probably not the most appropriate thing to do...but I survived the night without cheating. I have a friend's birthday party in a couple weeks at a bar. THIS will be my challenge. I can pass up food...but a drink at a party? We'll see! We're staying at the hotel the bar is in, so I have plans to hide in the room if I need a breather! WE CAN DO THIS!

starry1672
01-23-2012, 10:10 AM
I've been saying that the 2 things I want most are a slice of pizza and crab rangoons. Well, I went to visit my dad yesterday and in anticipation of the visit he ordered 2 large pizzas! Then, I went to meet up with friends for the Patriots game and someone made 2 lbs of crab rangoons! I DID NOT CHEAT. Yayyy!!! That was the most difficult day so far..geesh

Ducksmy
01-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Happy Monday!
First day on the program. Loved my morning shake!
Last night it take a little longer to prepare my lunch for today, BUT it made me stop and think about all the crap I have been putting into my body.
I think one of the hardest things for me is giving up my diet pepsi!
Hoping everyone has a great day!

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Happy Monday!
Last night it take a little longer to prepare my lunch for today, BUT it made me stop and think about all the crap I have been putting into my body.

Glad to see your first day is going well! It will FLY by before you know it! I'm only in it 2 weeks as of today, but trust me.. it has totally FLOWN by! It gets easier & easier & more natural the more you get into it :)

Congrats on making the jump for IP! :D

whirlygirl72
01-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Good morning everyone... another week in! Every week i get more and more excited. This is the first "diet" that i don't even remotely feel like quitting. I know now that my goal is totally attainable! and thank goodness for this forum, it keeps me going on those days that may be a little tough. I don't feel so alone in my weight loss :)

New Englander
01-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Good morning everyone, I'm getting to the point where I need to thin out my closet. I'm starting with my larger clothes that are truly worn or have stains and tossing them...next I'll be taking some higher end items (two piece suites etc) to consignment. Then I'll give my sister whatever she wants. It's an amazing feeling pulling out my "skinny" clothes and being able to fit into them. I'll still have to wait a few more weeks to fit into all of them, but I'm almost there! I <3 this "diet"!!!

lingereverywhere
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
WI#2, down another 3.6! :carrot:
Happy OP Monday all, have a great day!

Lorilou
01-23-2012, 10:48 AM

AMAZING :carrot:

janniegoingdown
01-23-2012, 11:07 AM

Holy cow, way to go! :cheer3:

3mama
01-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Congrats to all those who have lost this week! Today is my first day and I can't wait to be able to come and report my losses too!

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
WI#2, down another 3.6! :carrot:
Happy OP Monday all, have a great day!

wooooo hoooooo! :carrot:

Lakewood
01-23-2012, 11:20 AM
This may be a tad drastic for some, but here it is. To help get past all the tempting foods at social gatherings I think these words to myself "That is death". Because for me, it is death.

When I started this program, my blood sugar was very high, diabetic actually, my cholesterol was 289, triglycerides (fat in the blood) were dangerously high and I weighed 213 pounds. I had been in the ER 3 different times with blood pressure so high they thought I would have a stroke. I was on blood pressure meds, 2 different diabetes meds, and thyroid meds. In all I was taking 8 different prescriptions for various issues - all of which I caused by the way I lived and what I ate. It wasn't genetics. My high blood sugar was not because I wasn't on the 'right' medication. Not one doctor ASKED me what I ate. They just handed me a prescription and said we need to check you in 3 months. As a matter of fact, when I saw my doc in Sept, he told me he wasn't hopeful for me. WHAT?! Then why didn't you SAY SOMETHING!?

When I finally realized what would happen to me if I didn't change, there was NO turning back. No snide comments from people about what I was doing would change my mind. I had slammed the door shut on any negative or "helpful" people. I am not looking back. I am doing this for me. I have seen the places that house the elderly and sick. I will not be at their mercy. I have to be strong, healthy and of sound mind. That is why I am doing this program. So, everyone else can think what they want, say what they want, I will not stop.

I am in tears as I type this for all of you and your struggles with social events, family and friends giving their opinions about what you are doing. This shouldn't be a struggle. It should be joyous! You are taking your life back. You will be there for your children and loved ones longer. You will not be a burden. You will not be at the mercy of a 'health care' system that has nothing to do with health.

So, this really is that serious. It is about death. I was killing myself. When someone offers me something while I am out, I smile and say 'No, thank you'. All the while I think "That equals death for me, and I choose to LIVE!"

Here are the numbers that PROVE this program works. It also proves that if you stop eating crap, your body will respond and do amazing things!

Blood Sugar July/Diabetic Dec/NORMAL

Cholesterol July/279 Dec/169

Triglycerides July/243 Dec/61

Weight July/213 Dec/178 (168 TODAY!)

I am off all diabetes and blood pressure meds - and that only took 2 weeks into the program to accomplish! :D The doc was amazed at my progress. But, I think I need to find a new doc. He never asked what I was doing or how I was doing it. He just said, "whatever you're doing is working, so keep at it." It proved to me that I am in control of my health, not him. It's my responsibility. I am responsible for what I put in my mouth. It's not McDonald's, it's not marketing. It's me.

Much love to you all!

janniegoingdown
01-23-2012, 11:27 AM
This may be a tad drastic for some, but here it is. To help get past all the tempting foods at social gatherings I think these words to myself "That is death". Because for me, it is death.

When I started this program, my blood sugar was very high, diabetic actually, my cholesterol was 289, triglycerides (fat in the blood) were dangerously high and I weighed 213 pounds. I had been in the ER 3 different times with blood pressure so high they thought I would have a stroke. I was on blood pressure meds, 2 different diabetes meds, and thyroid meds. In all I was taking 8 different prescriptions for various issues - all of which I caused by the way I lived and what I ate. It wasn't genetics. My high blood sugar was not because I wasn't on the 'right' medication. Not one doctor ASKED me what I ate. They just handed me a prescription and said we need to check you in 3 months. As a matter of fact, when I saw my doc in Sept, he told me he wasn't hopeful for me. WHAT?! Then why didn't you SAY SOMETHING!?

When I finally realized what would happen to me if I didn't change, there was NO turning back. No snide comments from people about what I was doing would change my mind. I had slammed the door shut on any negative or "helpful" people. I am not looking back. I am doing this for me. I have seen the places that house the elderly and sick. I will not be at their mercy. I have to be strong, healthy and of sound mind. That is why I am doing this program. So, everyone else can think what they want, say what they want, I will not stop.

I am in tears as I type this for all of you and your struggles with social events, family and friends giving their opinions about what you are doing. This shouldn't be a struggle. It should be joyous! You are taking your life back. You will be there for your children and loved ones longer. You will not be a burden. You will not be at the mercy of a 'health care' system that has nothing to do with health.

So, this really is that serious. It is about death. I was killing myself. When someone offers me something while I am out, I smile and say 'No, thank you'. All the while I think "That equals death for me, and I choose to LIVE!"

Here are the numbers that PROVE this program works. It also proves that if you stop eating crap, your body will respond and do amazing things!

I am off all diabetes and blood pressure meds - and that only took 2 weeks into the program to accomplish! :D The doc was amazed at my progress. But, I think I need to find a new doc. He never asked what I was doing or how I was doing it. He just said, "whatever you're doing is working, so keep at it." It proved to me that I am in control of my health, not him. It's my responsibility. I am responsible for what I put in my mouth. It's not McDonald's, it's not marketing. It's me.

Much love to you all!

Thank you :hug:

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 11:27 AM

Much love to you all!

I'm sorry that you have horrible doctors it sounds like, but I'm so proud of you & inspired BY YOU for what you've accomplished! It's truly amazing. Thank you for sharing your story <3

Jenboss
01-23-2012, 11:36 AM
So - I am new to ideal protein - 2 wks in and feel great. Had a bad day last week after playing volleyball and curling - felt a bit weak - had a pkg snack and felt much better. Last week a good friend (who is 120lbs and fit) organized a boot camp once a week and convinced me to sign up - YIKES!! I am getting alot of grief from a couple of friends on the program saying that it is too much activity for the amount of calories we consume - I do get that - but can I not have my restricted snack right before class - that should have enough carbs to get me through the 1 hour class. Any advice would be helpful!!

3mama
01-23-2012, 11:39 AM

Much love to you all!

Amazing post! You are so right - I did this to myself and I am the only one who can change it!

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
So - I am new to ideal protein - 2 wks in and feel great. Had a bad day last week after playing volleyball and curling - felt a bit weak - had a pkg snack and felt much better. Last week a good friend (who is 120lbs and fit) organized a boot camp once a week and convinced me to sign up - YIKES!! I am getting alot of grief from a couple of friends on the program saying that it is too much activity for the amount of calories we consume - I do get that - but can I not have my restricted snack right before class - that should have enough carbs to get me through the 1 hour class. Any advice would be helpful!!

I've read that Boot Camp is especially hard on someone on IP, but they suggest ADDING a whole OTHER packet to your day. 1/2 BEFORE your work out and the other 1/2 AFTER. Hope that helps.

Lakewood
01-23-2012, 11:49 AM

Jenboss - I would not do the boot camp. Your friends are right - it's too much. You will be weak and your results will suffer. Maybe explain to your fit friend that you will be happy to come back after you're closer to your goal. And I am sure your coach will advise you to back off the boot camp. You're resetting your system and that along with strenuous exercise may do you more harm then good. Good luck!

happy2bme1
01-23-2012, 11:53 AM
good morning everyone. I also know that I should stay away from the scales but I just have this need to know. each morning since my WI last Wed I have gotten on the scale and and it hasn't moved. no weight lost but I feel smaller. don't understand since I only lost 1 lb last week. I'm getting concerned. I did have the "Big C" problem but took care of that yesterday after suggestions from you guys. I also am eating thin slices of low sodium ham, could that be the problem?

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 11:59 AM
good morning everyone. I also know that I should stay away from the scales but I just have this need to know. each morning since my WI last Wed I have gotten on the scale and and it hasn't moved. no weight lost but I feel smaller. don't understand since I only lost 1 lb last week. I'm getting concerned. I did have the "Big C" problem but took care of that yesterday after suggestions from you guys. I also am eating thin slices of low sodium ham, could that be the problem?

#1: Even if you're not losing numbers, you're probably losing INCHES. Are you doing everything exactly right?

#2: Are you counting the lunch meat that you're eating into your daily 8oz?

Lakewood
01-23-2012, 12:04 PM

Happy, STAY OFF THE SCALE! The scale is EVIL! Seriously, it's going to drive you nuts. Once, I 'gained' 5 pounds over night. Really!? It wasn't the truth. Put it in a different room so you won't have to look at it everyday. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. Do not be concerned. I promise this works. I PROMISE!

Ishbel
01-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Great post Lakewood!!

:yay: for being healthy and in control! :)

happy2bme1
01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
#1: Even if you're not losing numbers, you're probably losing INCHES. Are you doing everything exactly right?

#2: Are you counting the lunch meat that you're eating into your daily 8oz?

I am still having 8oz of protein at night along with the ham at lunch time (about 2 oz of ham in my lunch salad). the extra ham may be the problem will not have any today and going forward to see if that helps.

thanks so much for the response. Have a great IP day.

nikkib
01-23-2012, 12:15 PM
I had a amazing NSV Sat night. I had to go with my husband to a special dinner for the fire dpts in the county. I knew they would probably not have anything good there so I ate my veggie right before we left hoping there was some type of meat I could eat. We got there and it was a total carb fest!! I was able to have 2 pork chops that were not covered in anything and I did manage to find water. Despite being the odd ball carrying a plate with only 2 pork chops and 2 glasses of water, it went ok. I did get a few strange looks but it was ok cause NONE of the food even looked good! I sat there thinking in my mind HOLY CRAP that is so NOT appealing! It is amazing how fast your taste changes. I would have been so sick if I would have ate that food now.

On another note my husband thought I was nuts this weekend because I had my long underwear, warm pants and sweatshirt on most of the weekend and was still freezing!

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 12:16 PM
I am still having 8oz of protein at night along with the ham at lunch time (about 2 oz of ham in my lunch salad). the extra ham may be the problem will not have any today and going forward to see if that helps.

Sometimes you just need a little more protein [in my own opinion, I've ate more than the 8oz sometimes just because I'd rather eat that, than cheat] but I would wait and see what someone else more experienced says :)

How much water are you drinking?

happy2bme1
Happy, STAY OFF THE SCALE! The scale is EVIL! Seriously, it's going to drive you nuts. Once, I 'gained' 5 pounds over night. Really!? It wasn't the truth. Put it in a different room so you won't have to look at it everyday. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. Do not be concerned. I promise this works. I PROMISE!

thanks much. I am putting both the scale and the ham away for good :D

New Englander

You have to stick with the protocol to make this diet work! :)

Pamelama
01-23-2012, 12:18 PM
By Lakewood
"I am off all diabetes and blood pressure meds - and that only took 2 weeks into the program to accomplish! The doc was amazed at my progress. But, I think I need to find a new doc. He never asked what I was doing or how I was doing it. He just said, "whatever you're doing is working, so keep at it." It proved to me that I am in control of my health, not him. It's my responsibility. I am responsible for what I put in my mouth. It's not McDonald's, it's not marketing. It's me."

Perfectly said! What a great mindset you have!

Jenboss
01-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Jenboss - I would not do the boot camp. Your friends are right - it's too much. You will be weak and your results will suffer. Maybe explain to your fit friend that you will be happy to come back after you're closer to your goal. And I am sure your coach will advise you to back off the boot camp. You're resetting your system and that along with strenuous exercise may do you more harm then good. Good luck!

That,s not exactly what I wanted to hear:( But i do get it - I was just hoping that the extra packet would help - some of the restricted snacks have higher carb content - if the personal trainer is aware of what type of diet I am on maybe she can customize the workout a bit for me - it is a small group class of 5-6 friends that I work with. Hmmm........

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm confused on what I should do about clothes. I JUST was able to fit into 22's and I have a lot of 24's & 26's laying around or in my closet. Should I go ahead and toss them? Or wait? I don't really want to buy new pants RIGHT now when i"m just now sizing down. Should I just get rid of most of them? I have some pants that have drawstrings in them that I just got a few weeks ago that I may keep for "variety" because they'll fit longer. What do you think?

jamahaffey
01-23-2012, 12:26 PM
I started IP on 1/8/12. I have lost 10.6 pounds and 10 inches. I, much like many of you, have tried just about every thing (twice). IP is the one thing that is working for me. I feel better about myself and have absolutley no desire to cheat. I set my food out for the day and always have veggies and lettuce on hand.

I recently had a Christmas party to attend with my husand and I must say I was very stressed out about what I was going to eat. I made it. I had lettuce (dry) with broccoli (steamed) and chicken breast. I avoided the dessert table of chocolate waterfalls, fresh fruit, mini cheesecakes, etc.

It is hard when you first start but knowing this works and how good I feel.....it is so worth it. I am worth it! All of us are worth it! ;)

MustangMolly
01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Another 3 pounds gone! Woo Hoo!!!! It's funny though how the amount of weight you have to lose can affect when people notice. I was standing next to a coworker who has lost 6 pounds, and she probably only needs another 10-15, any way, I have lost 25 pounds with 75 more to go and another coworker walks up and asks how much weight the other person has lost. I was a bit crushed that she wasn't able to notice mine and she did the 6 pounds..but oh well. I know every time I put on a pair of pants that have been in my closet for years waiting for me to get back in them. I know when I step on the scale and the number has gone down, and I know when my knees don't ache.
Good luck to everyone this week on WI's and staying OP.

MustangMolly
01-23-2012, 12:34 PM

Much love to you all!

Very well put and also a great perspective. I can't wait to go see my doc in March to hear his reaction. Your words are very encouraging and a great reminder that we are doing this for ourselves.

janniegoingdown
01-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Another 3 pounds gone! Woo Hoo!!!! It's funny though how the amount of weight you have to lose can affect when people notice. I was standing next to a coworker who has lost 6 pounds, and she probably only needs another 10-15, any way, I have lost 25 pounds with 75 more to go and another coworker walks up and asks how much weight the other person has lost. I was a bit crushed that she wasn't able to notice mine and she did the 6 pounds..but oh well. I know every time I put on a pair of pants that have been in my closet for years waiting for me to get back in them. I know when I step on the scale and the number has gone down, and I know when my knees don't ache.

Congratulations on all your losses. 25 pounds is alot to lose. I'm sure the comments are right around the corner. Enjoy!

Chuckles1330
01-23-2012, 12:44 PM

Great loss MM. One of these days your co-workers are going to notice, and then they will be floored at how much you have lost and changed. :hug:

nikkib
01-23-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm confused on what I should do about clothes. I JUST was able to fit into 22's and I have a lot of 24's & 26's laying around or in my closet. Should I go ahead and toss them? Or wait? I don't really want to buy new pants RIGHT now when i"m just now sizing down. Should I just get rid of most of them? I have some pants that have drawstrings in them that I just got a few weeks ago that I may keep for "variety" because they'll fit longer. What do you think?

I would hang on to as much as you can but make sure the clothes make you feel good. It is so much better to wear clothes that make you feel good as you are loosing vs. being stuck in ones that are way too big and baggy. Do you know anyone that is good with a sewing machine? Maby you can have a few tucks in some of your bigger sizes so you can wear them longer.

I have to keep a variety of sizes around in my closet. It takes me about 15-20 lbs to loose a size. I have a hard time fitting into shirts because I am so short in the torso. If they fit in the arms and length they are real tight around my boobs and stomach and if they fit good in the middle it looks like I am wearing a dress. It is hard to find pants that fit good without making a big fat tractor tire in the middle also. I have a very flat butt and then it is spare tire, boobs and head. I hate clothes shopping :dizzy:. I can't wait till I can shop in the petite section and have things fit right!

Lakewood
01-23-2012, 12:48 PM

Hi Miranda -

This is what I did after years of keeping my bigger sizes around just in case. One Saturday about 3 weeks into the program I went through everything I owned and tried it on. If it was too big, in the donation bag it went! FIVE bags out the door that day! I didn't want that stuff around. In my mind I needed to make room for my new life and the things that came with it - smaller clothes. I say toss them now!

The other thing I did was go to thrift stores for 'transition' clothes. They were between 3-8 bucks for a nice pair of pants. So, I wore them for a total of a month until they were ridiculously big and out they went!

It was a great feeling of accomplishment to get rid of that stuff. Try it! :carrot:

NavyMommy
01-23-2012, 12:53 PM

Personally, I would cut out the ham. It can have a lot of hidden fat in it, and you're going over your protein. While that's not a problem for some people you may be more sensitivities and have to stick more exactly to the protocol. Try it for a week, and if nothing else changes talk to your coach, or post on here what your daily meals look like and we'll see if we can pinpoint any other areas.

That,s not exactly what I wanted to hear:( But i do get it - I was just hoping that the extra packet would help - some of the restricted snacks have higher carb content - if the personal trainer is aware of what type of diet I am on maybe she can customize the workout a bit for me - it is a small group class of 5-6 friends that I work with. Hmmm........

IMO I would skip it too. It's going to be a vigorous workout and do you really want to stick out with everyone else going full force and you not putting everything into it? On the other hand it's only once a week and by adding an extra packet you could probably get through it. Check out some of JennyDoodle's posts, she exercised her entire time on phase 1 and 2.

Honestly I'm keeping anything that fits. I currently have a strange mix of 14-18 in my closet. I'm getting rid of things though that I am not wearing, and once something is so big it's actually falling off, or can't be worn anymore I will get rid of it. Make sure you check out thrift shops and Goodwill, that's where I'm planning on getting my transition clothes from.

That's awesome, congrats on the 3lbs! There's another story that someone posted awhile ago, not from an IP person, but it applies nevertheless. I'm going to post it separately so it doesn't get lost in my long post but I think it applies.

NavyMommy
01-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Paper Towel Theory by Bob White

Let's assume you go out and buy two rolls of paper towels, each with only 84 paper towels on it (one for each day of the challenge). You put one aside, and keep it for future reference (your before/ picture).

The other one represents you (I'll call your paper towel you "Ed"). The core represents the lean Ed. The towels represent the fat that is covering the lean Ed. For sake of argument, let's say that Ed wants to lose 21 pounds of fat, so (84/21) each sheet represents a quarter-pound of fat lost. Let's also assume that Ed loses his fat equally during each day of the challenge.

Each day during the first week, you tear a sheet off of Ed, representing the fat he has lost for the day. Next, you put Ed next to the full roll ("Big Al") for comparison. No noticeable difference!!! Even at the end of the week! This can't be working for me!

But, being a good Ed, you continue to follow Body-for-LIFE. At the end of weeks two and three, you continue to compare Ed to Big Al, and still notice very little difference. That stinkin' Bill Phillips MUST be a liar!

But Ed is determined! He works hard! Three more weeks go by, the sheets peeling off day after day, before Ed gets up the courage to stand next to Big Al again. Holy Myoplex! Ed is skinny! OK, not skinny, but less huge!!!

By the end of the 12-week Body-for-LIFE program, Ed is down to his lean dream, or somewhere near it. Ed is happy. We are happy. Big Al - well he's not so happy.

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around,that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you'll never see the inside, if you aren't patient while the outside is coming off! - Bob White

nikkib
01-23-2012, 12:57 PM

Your losses are great! That would be frustrating. I think sometimes people have a hard time saying anything to others that are overweight as they lose. Some people just don't notice a big loss on a bigger person and others are afraid the person may have a illness or be very sensitive about their weight. I know how you feel tho. Sometimes I would like to just shout out "HELLO I have worked my @ss off to loose this weight and would just like a little acknowledgement!!" You are doing great and you will knock their socks off when they do!

tenniels
01-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Thank you all for sharing your inspiring loses, NSV's, tips & tricks! I was feeling a little blue about my progress this morning (8.2lbs according to my home scale) but reading your posts has made me feel a little more optimistic. I know that is a good number, but for some reason I feel inadequate still. You all are so inspiring and should be so proud of yourselves. Today is day 14 on program for me. I have my second "official" weigh in after work and I know I will have put on a couple pounds since this morning, which bums me out (I always weigh a couple more in the evening than I do in the morning with the water & food consumed). Anyways I guess I'm rambling. Hope you guys have a great day!

DanafromAustin
01-23-2012, 01:01 PM

Boot camp is way too strenuous to do while on IP even with the extra package in my opinion. I would stick with something on the lighter side till you are closer to goal. If you do decide to continue just make sure you get an extra packet during the day (have 1/2 right before and right after your workout. and be okay with a possible slower weight loss.

I'm getting rid of all of my too big clothes - I'm not going back there again.

Don't feel bad. I've lost 55 pounds and only my family has said anything to me. It would be nice to get a comment, but truly I don't care that much as I know I've gone down 4 sizes already and feel SO much better. My husband is beyond thrilled, especially when we worked out together yesterday.

Congratulations to some awesome weight losses today and hope everyone has a good Monday.

caja5152
01-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Hi! Does anyone know if we can use Molly McButter?

tenniels
01-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Navymom - Thanks for the paper towel analogy, something I need to keep in mind!!!

nikkib
01-23-2012, 01:06 PM

I LOVE THIS! This puts it into prospective a lot better. Thanks NavyMommy :)

DanafromAustin
01-23-2012, 01:16 PM

Let's assume you go out and buy two rolls of paper towels, each with only 84 paper towels on it (one for each day of the challenge). You put one aside, and keep it for future reference (your before/ picture).

The other one represents you (I'll call your paper towel you "Ed"). The core represents the lean Ed. The towels represent the fat that is covering the lean Ed. For sake of argument, let's say that Ed wants to lose 21 pounds of fat, so (84/21) each sheet represents a quarter-pound of fat lost. Let's also assume that Ed loses his fat equally during each day of the challenge.

Each day during the first week, you tear a sheet off of Ed, representing the fat he has lost for the day. Next, you put Ed next to the full roll ("Big Al") for comparison. No noticeable difference!!! Even at the end of the week! This can't be working for me!

But, being a good Ed, you continue to follow Body-for-LIFE. At the end of weeks two and three, you continue to compare Ed to Big Al, and still notice very little difference. That stinkin' Bill Phillips MUST be a liar!

But Ed is determined! He works hard! Three more weeks go by, the sheets peeling off day after day, before Ed gets up the courage to stand next to Big Al again. Holy Myoplex! Ed is skinny! OK, not skinny, but less huge!!!

By the end of the 12-week Body-for-LIFE program, Ed is down to his lean dream, or somewhere near it. Ed is happy. We are happy. Big Al - well he's not so happy.

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around,that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you'll never see the inside, if you aren't patient while the outside is coming off! - Bob White

Thanks for posting that. I remember the first time I read it I hadn't lost that much at that point. I think the line about "OK, not skinny, but less huge" is my situation. I still would like to loose over 70 pounds even though I have lost 55. That's still more than half way. So while I might feel SO much thinner, the rest of the world still sees someone who needs to loose a lot of weight. Also as someone who posted earlier, people may not feel totally comfortable commenting on your weight loss because either A) they don't know how you will feel about a comment on your weight, or B) is there a health reason why you are loosing weight?

janniegoingdown
01-23-2012, 01:16 PM

I asked this before and got a yes. I was wondering about the Becel butter spray. It's 0 0 0 also.

Momto2cs
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM

I do bootcamp most days with no weakness, etc. I have been on phase one (the second time round) for 3 weeks. Darn last 10 pounds!

If you are already active it should be fine.

You should add a packet, and know that your losses may slow if you start building muscle.

Survalia
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
You know what? I hate winter. I just hate it. It makes me tired and crabby and all I want to do is hibernate. I want to win the lottery so I can retire and go south every winter. I am just a crank today. Just sayin'.

New Englander
01-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I started IP on 1/8/12. I have lost 10.6 pounds and 10 inches. I, much like many of you, have tried just about every thing (twice). IP is the one thing that is working for me. I feel better about myself and have absolutley no desire to cheat. I set my food out for the day and always have veggies and lettuce on hand.

I recently had a Christmas party to attend with my husand and I must say I was very stressed out about what I was going to eat. I made it. I had lettuce (dry) with broccoli (steamed) and chicken breast. I avoided the dessert table of chocolate waterfalls, fresh fruit, mini cheesecakes, etc.

It is hard when you first start but knowing this works and how good I feel.....it is so worth it. I am worth it! All of us are worth it! ;)
Way to go!!! Keep up the great work! I began 11/11/11 and am down 38 pounds...it gets easier...but there are some issues (like cravings at TOM!)...other than that...it does work and it's great! WOO HOO!!

MaMaZu
01-23-2012, 01:19 PM

I absolutely LOVE this word picture! Fun to envision my papertowel roll!

Survalia
01-23-2012, 01:23 PM
You know what? I hate winter. I just hate it. It makes me tired and crabby and all I want to do is hibernate. I want to win the lottery so I can retire and go south every winter. I am just a crank today. Just sayin'. And Mondays stink too.

MustangMolly
01-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks NavyMommy for the paper towel story. Thanks to everyone else for the encouraging words.

grassfedbeef
01-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Happy Monday!

Just take it one day at a time!!! I drank ALOT of diet soda every day before IP and it's still hard to believe I have not had a single sip in 4 months now! I still miss it sometimes, but for the most part I don't even think about it anymore! Good luck, you will do great!

Mischyff
01-23-2012, 01:36 PM

Much love to you all!
I am so happy for you and thank you thank you thank you for that post. It was just what I needed to read today because I have been fighting the urge to cheat for the past week and it is so difficult! I may print out your post and carry it with me at all times for the strength I need. God bless!

legacy7
01-23-2012, 01:54 PM

I was in 24-26-like you when I started a couple months ago-now my 22's are getting too big! I still don't fit in the one pair of 20 jeans I have-but getting closer everyday!

I debated whether or not to get rid of clothes-so I found someone who needs them-a friend who is losing and moving into those sizes-I then had an excuse to get rid of them and have not looked back! I love being free of my fat clothes-can't wait to get rid of the 22's next!

Take them to goodwill-or sell them on craigslist or ebay! You might make enough to pay for another week of IP!

nikkib
01-23-2012, 02:21 PM
You know what? I hate winter. I just hate it. It makes me tired and crabby and all I want to do is hibernate. I want to win the lottery so I can retire and go south every winter. I am just a crank today. Just sayin'.

I also despise winter. I started to get crabby as soon as I pulled out of the driveway. I think it is worse because we have not had a normal winter in SD and now it is here full force. I was so frustrated this weekend cause the kids were out playing and the snow and came in with their nasty wet clothing and it was wall to wall wet mess in my laundry room. Not to mention they lost about 3 pair of gloves "somewhere" along the way while sledding. Where about in SD are you? I am in the Sioux Falls area.

whirlygirl72
01-23-2012, 02:50 PM

yes.. and my coach said i could use the land o lakes cheese sprinkle too. its good and revs up alot of flavor for my veggies and such.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-23-2012, 02:50 PM
"Like!"

That's so funny! I always want to be able to just "like" people's comments. I must be a Facebook junkie, lol.

purple sky
01-23-2012, 02:51 PM

Love this!

A friend used to say that losing weight was like losing unwanted visitors. Leave my house. For some reason this made me think of that.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I've been saying that the 2 things I want most are a slice of pizza and crab rangoons. Well, I went to visit my dad yesterday and in anticipation of the visit he ordered 2 large pizzas! Then, I went to meet up with friends for the Patriots game and someone made 2 lbs of crab rangoons! I DID NOT CHEAT. Yayyy!!! That was the most difficult day so far..geesh

Wow! What an amazing success! Good for you for sticking with amidst so much pressure.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Congrats to all those who have lost this week! Today is my first day and I can't wait to be able to come and report my losses too!

Welcome! Can't wait to see your progress.

purple sky
01-23-2012, 03:14 PM

There, you said it. This is a good thing we are all doing. We are doing it for our health and to be better for those of us we are around and care for and care for us.

There comes a point where you just say, "that's it," "I've had it with you, self, something's got to change." That moment when you make that commitment is so powerful and then going beyond and actually committing to it and then taking the appropriate actions steps is really important. It's part of the reason why I shared this with as few people as possible. And I dumped out my fridge. I have never done that before. I never did a food dump. It's really hard to do. I was never this committed. But, something had to change. The way I was in the last 3 months was just not good and before that wasn't too hot either.

Thank you, Lakewood, for sharing your truth.

SewingMomma
01-23-2012, 03:18 PM
WI today--down 5 pounds!

Survalia
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I also despise winter. I started to get crabby as soon as I pulled out of the driveway. I think it is worse because we have not had a normal winter in SD and now it is here full force. I was so frustrated this weekend cause the kids were out playing and the snow and came in with their nasty wet clothing and it was wall to wall wet mess in my laundry room. Not to mention they lost about 3 pair of gloves "somewhere" along the way while sledding. Where about in SD are you? I am in the Sioux Falls area.

Yeah, SF for me! Hi neighbor. I'm with you -- it was so nice for so long and now it stinks. Hopefully spring will come soon!

sandralosingweight
01-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I just opened this IP page and I found 3 new opened threads about alcohol!

Please do read other threads before opening a new one.

Lorilou
01-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Hello everyone! :) I have been reading all of the posts today and am truly inspired by everyone today! You all are doing great and it is so good to hear how everyone is doing. It does help keep me motivated. I have posted before about my struggle with water retention on this diet due to the extra sodium. I have a long running problem with water retention ever since my daughter was born 28 years ago and have been on medication for it for 28 years. Anyway, I made some changes in the program by removing the sea salt and reducing my water consumption from about 100oz a day to 64 - 72oz. My doctor recommended the reduced water intake because my body can't process water like "normal" people. I went in for an unofficial WI at my Center today and I am down 9.4lbs from Friday! Can you believe that I was holding on to that much water. Holy cow! I am so happy to finally see the scale moving and I have lost about 20lbs in 22 days! This diet is truly a miracle.

janniegoingdown
01-23-2012, 03:48 PM
WI today--down 5 pounds!

Your losses have been amazing! Keep it up :)

Chuckles1330
01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
WI today--down 5 pounds!

Hooray! :cp: :cp: :cp:

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 04:11 PM

You are welcome:) glad to be there for everyone and share my story. Never know who you will be helping along the way. Congrats on your losses you are doing amazing as well!

Remember it is YOUR decision to put that food in your mouth. It is YOU who picks up that food. Do you think anyone notices if you are eating those bad things or not? I don't think so, they are too caught up in eating themselves. Remember YOU have to want it bad enough to tell yourself NO, I don't need that to be social. Being social should not be a reason to cheat, it should be about being with friends and visiting, not eating. I go to a lot of social events and make sure I have my bottle of water with me, I am doing this for ME, I don't care if I get looks or not. Those friends don't live in MY shoes nor live my life, so YOU need to be strong for YOURSELF and get past this, don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day, put your happy face on and get back to it:hug:

I know how you feel. I went to a family get together this weekend, and it was very, very hard...not only the food, but some comments that were made about the diet I was doing and my ability to lose weight/keep it off. I ended up locking myself in the bedroom for a while. Probably not the most appropriate thing to do...but I survived the night without cheating. I have a friend's birthday party in a couple weeks at a bar. THIS will be my challenge. I can pass up food...but a drink at a party? We'll see! We're staying at the hotel the bar is in, so I have plans to hide in the room if I need a breather! WE CAN DO THIS!
Think about it like this.....Is that drink going to be good enough to set you back 3 days in your program or is it worth not losing weight this week? This is a lifestyle change, learning to deal with it and saying NO or not even going near the food table is something that you will have to learn to deal with. Food will ALWAYS be there, its how we chose to handle it that makes the difference :)

Much love to you all!
[/B]Thank you for sharing your story with us. It will help some realize that they too may be in the same boat as you. For me it was when my dr said I would soon be in a wheel chair and not be able to walk that did it for me. All of us have a "clicking" moment then after its NO turning back and not letting ANYTHING or ANYONE get in our way. Temptation is not even an option for me! Great job on your losses so far[/B]

As Miranda said add a packet to your day if you are doing a boot camp. I would suggest telling your trainer about the program so that she can adjust it to fit you. Straight up Boot Camp would be too intense for you that is for sure.

Like Miranda and NavyMommy said I would skip the ham. Lots of sodium in that, change maybe to turkey instead, or chicken even.

Yes you can also butter buds, I can't believe its not butter spray, Land o lakes sprinkles are also allowed there are a variety of flavors, cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion to name a few :)

I just opened this IP page and I found 3 new opened threads about alcohol!

Please do read other threads before opening a new one.
I bumped the alcohol threads for Meant2b she asked about having some on another thread but they are good to read.

Hey everyone, looks like we are having a good Monday with WI's congrats to those that have weighed in already today. Its a dreary day here in Mississippi today so I will be on my Wii most of the afternoon unlocking more games through the yoga I have been working on. According to the Wii I have loss 4lbs but I don't WI til Wednesday so we will see what happens then :)

DanafromAustin
01-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Hello everyone! :) I have been reading all of the posts today and am truly inspired by everyone today! You all are doing great and it is so good to hear how everyone is doing. It does help keep me motivated. I have posted before about my struggle with water retention on this diet due to the extra sodium. I have a long running problem with water retention ever since my daughter was born 28 years ago and have been on medication for it for 28 years. Anyway, I made some changes in the program by removing the sea salt and reducing my water consumption from about 100oz a day to 64 - 72oz. My doctor recommended the reduced water intake because my body can't process water like "normal" people. I went in for an unofficial WI at my Center today and I am down 9.4lbs from Friday! Can you believe that I was holding on to that much water. Holy cow! I am so happy to finally see the scale moving and I have lost about 20lbs in 22 days! This diet is truly a miracle.
That's wonderful! When I was retaining a ton of water my coach also recommend I cut back to 70 oz of water too. It really helped me also. I'm glad you seem to have found your solution.:carrot:

frazzledmom04
01-23-2012, 04:23 PM
WI today--down 5 pounds!

:cheer: You're doing AMAZING! Keep up the fantastic work you're doing!!!!

gs463
01-23-2012, 04:44 PM

I have been craving pizza really bad too. It's great you stayed strong and on plan.

licaba
01-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone! i am just so cold today, coldest I've been since I started IP 2+ weeks ago. And the funny thing is it is nice and mild outside, 8 degrees (Celcius). Hubby thinks I'm getting sick but we all know different lol.

I have decided to start exercising again this coming Friday (will also be my 3rd WI) I use to work out with a trainer and stopped in November. I still have a dozen sessions left so I'm gonna get back at it. I have been feeling good and I actually *want* to exercise!! crazyyyy!

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone! i am just so cold today, coldest I've been since I started IP 2+ weeks ago. And the funny thing is it is nice and mild outside, 8 degrees (Celcius). Hubby thinks I'm getting sick but we all know different lol.

I have decided to start exercising again this coming Friday (will also be my 3rd WI) I use to work out with a trainer and stopped in November. I still have a dozen sessions left so I'm gonna get back at it. I have been feeling good and I actually *want* to exercise!! crazyyyy!

Make sure when you do begin your exercising that you add a packet to your day. Eat 1/2 before your workout and 1/2 after :)

MustangMolly
01-23-2012, 05:31 PM
I've read a couple of comments where people are decreasing their water intake. It seems to me I remember reading on here that you should drink 1 oz for every pound you have to lose but no more than 100 oz. a day. With that being said, you should change the amount of your water intake as you have big losses, just make sure you don't go under 64 ozs.

WUV....I'm hoping you can comment on this, as I seem to remember the information about the water coming from you. ;)

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 05:43 PM
I've read a couple of comments where people are decreasing their water intake. It seems to me I remember reading on here that you should drink 1 oz for every pound you have to lose but no more than 100 oz. a day. With that being said, you should change the amount of your water intake as you have big losses, just make sure you don't go under 64 ozs.

WUV....I'm hoping you can comment on this, as I seem to remember the information about the water coming from you. ;)

This confuses me because I've been told & read 1 ounce for half of your body weight lol.

MustangMolly
01-23-2012, 05:45 PM
This confuses me because I've been told & read 1 ounce for half of your body weight lol.

That's why I asked Wuv for her input. She's been more of a coach to me than the person who takes my $$ for the packets I get.

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 05:48 PM
That's why I asked Wuv for her input. She's been more of a coach to me than the person who takes my $$ for the packets I get.

Lol I know, I get all of my advice & tips from her too :) She's definitely the best coach [to be] ever! :D

Marcella
01-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Does anyone here know anything about the Proti Diet? It seems to be very close if not identical to IP. Their products are incredibly cheaper. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

alaskastarr
01-23-2012, 06:09 PM
It also proves that if you stop eating crap, your body will respond and do amazing things!

Much love to you all!

You are such an amazing person :) I'm glad you posted this. I know that this time is for real for me too. I have had issues with all this diabetes stuff, and with a relatively good diet I have kept my numbers in the pre-diabetic area, but I was never able to lose weight past 190. Even with tons of exercise it always stayed right at 190 which has been so frustrating for me. I remember the days of being 125-140 and being so slim and no health issues and want to be back to those days of no pills.

I'm right on the cusp of this I think. I weighed in right around 191 last Friday. I'm hopeful this week I see myself get past the 190 mark. Time will tell, but I'm thankful for yours and everyone else's post because it is helping me keep with the protocol.

Keep on keeping on everyone! Like Mrs. Murphy's signature says...Dont stop before the miracle happens!

mamacitaof2
01-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Does anyone here know anything about the Proti Diet? It seems to be very close if not identical to IP. Their products are incredibly cheaper. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

I use the protidiet products from nashuanutrition, but I follow the IP regime. I also you EAS CarbAdvantege drinks. I've ONLY used these products since starting and have lost 22lbs so far.

mamacitaof2
01-23-2012, 06:22 PM
A lot of great information on today's thread! I really liked the paper towel analogy! Great weighin's today also! WAY TO GO! Keep up the great work everyone and keep sharing your SV and NSVs. They are all so motivating!

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I use the protidiet products from nashuanutrition, but I follow the IP regime. I also you EAS CarbAdvantege drinks. I've ONLY used these products since starting and have lost 22lbs so far.

This is what I do :)

Mom3LoveBugs
01-23-2012, 06:30 PM

I use some ProtiDiet products.... have only used alternatives since I cannot get IP where I live.... have lost 28 lbs so far :)

jamahaffey
01-23-2012, 06:31 PM
The paper towel theory was simple but makes sense. Sometimes it's easy to get frustrated when you have a lot of weight to loose and you loose 10 lbs but it seems like no one notices and nothing changes as far as clothes fitting better. BUT in the end I will be the core of the paper towel!!!

I went out and got 2 new rolls of paper towels. They are sitting on my counter.

Thanks!

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 06:32 PM

Some people retain water so by them lowering their amount it works for you. You should take your body weigh and divide it in half and that is how many ounces of water you should be drinking. I should be having 132oz a day so I drink 4 liters a day:) I would not recommend lowering your water intake if your losses have been steady...this of course is IMO only :)

legacy7
01-23-2012, 06:36 PM
I love you guys! You are all sooo encouraging! I came back from my WI feeling down...that was my 3rd weigh in and I did great(4.2) but the food is getting old-so glad I got on here to get some new tips!
Thanks!

tenniels
01-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Is anyone on here taking the Enzymes and/or Anti-Oxy? I go for weigh in and food tonight, and I am curious as to if I should be getting these. I know they're "recommended". Are the enzymes similar to pro-biotics? I've been taking those as I have really sluggish digestion at the best of time. Any input would be appreciated :)

janniegoingdown
01-23-2012, 06:41 PM
I use some ProtiDiet products.... have only used alternatives since I cannot get IP where I live.... have lost 28 lbs so far :)

Hi, fellow Canadian here, just wondering where you find the ProtiDiet products.

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Here is a comparison sheet that might interest you...

Pxlkitty4
01-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Some people retain water so by them lowering their amount it works for you. You should take your body weigh and divide it in half and that is how many ounces of water you should be drinking. I should be having 132oz a day so I drink 4 liters a day:) I would not recommend lowering your water intake if your losses have been steady...this of course is IMO only :)

My two cents on the water thing. You can drink too much.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/240117-water-too-much-good-thing.html

Ylanthe
01-23-2012, 06:48 PM

That is AMAZING! Congratulations! I am the worst at saying no to temptation...even if it doesn't exist yet! Feel proud of your NSV :):carrot:

alaskastarr
01-23-2012, 06:58 PM

- Bob White

This is by far the best story I have heard in a long time explaining fat loss. It helped me visualize why it seems so much slower for me than my friend who is a bit smaller than I am (a.k.a. 150 trying to lose 25 pounds) Thank you sooo much for posting this story! I'm printing out a copy and keeping it as a reminder!

Ylanthe
01-23-2012, 07:02 PM
WI today--down 5 pounds!
Hurray! that's exciting progress!

wyo1963
01-23-2012, 07:23 PM
That is AMAZING! Congratulations! I am the worst at saying no to temptation...even if it doesn't exist yet! Feel proud of your NSV :):carrot:

Nice work! Hang in there!

wyo1963
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Afternoon everyone! I don't have an IP book as I am doing this on my own. I was wondering if I have to be on phase 2 to have the pancakes etc??

patns
01-23-2012, 07:33 PM

Yes I use Proti diet. I started IP with a really good coach but for various reasons I lose very slowly and couldn't afford the real IP for the long time I need it. I ran off the sheets from the stickies on the daily thread which give the nutritional info for IP products and the alternative products. Proti diet seemed very close so I went with their products. There has been no change in my rate of loss. I order them from proteinwell.ca because you get free shipping anywhere in Canada when you order $100 worth and up.
The only difference I find is that the alternative products don't work in the recipes like the IP stuff does.
Pat

wyo1963
01-23-2012, 07:41 PM

Hey wuv- what can you have on phase two? I am still in phase one, just wondering.

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey wuv- what can you have on phase two? I am still in phase one, just wondering.

Check in yesterdays thread i thk i posted it, if its not there i will put it when i get back home. The only thing different is you add 8oz of protein to your lunch everything else is the same. Pancakes are allowed in Phase 1 but are restricted

northernfawn
01-23-2012, 07:55 PM

Molly McButter is my new best friend 0/0/0 ... yes you can use it :)

Tammywhiz
01-23-2012, 07:58 PM

Wow that is awesome - certainly inspires me to say OP even though I am hungrier this week than I was before...:)

omgzitsmiranda
01-23-2012, 08:04 PM
You guys I need some support right now. Yesterday I was totally fine with what I've lost, how I'm feeling & looking and fitting into pants I haven't fit in yearrrrrs. But today I just woke up for some reason with a HUGE chip on my shoulder about the whole thing. I just feel resentful, so ill about the fact that my husband & family can just eat anything & everything they want; while I get to sit on the sidelines. I've been SO good, I haven't cheated at ALL, not even SLIGHTLY & I'm just still so angry. I'm not hungry, that's not the problem; I'm just so ill for some reason about the whole thing.

I think it's because we have so much family stuff coming up in late April/early May that I'm just aslgnsaklgasng about losing weight. I don't want to be on the sideline like "oh hey, let me eat my soy balls because i'm fat" because that's how it feels. I know you all probably think I'm ridiculous & such a big whiny brat; but that's the truth. I just feel so down in the dumps & I just can't shake it.

I've been OP for 2 weeks and I'm so proud of myself, but I just want to be *normal* again. I don't get rude comments or anything, it just hurts so bad that I've let myself get this way & get so out of control. I just want to cry.

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 08:09 PM

I actually posted it in the wayward and wuv's support thread not the daily

wyo1963
01-23-2012, 08:21 PM

Thanks, I will look there instead.;)

NavyMommy
01-23-2012, 08:22 PM

If you look in the very top sticky there are links to all the threads and information on all the phases. I like looking to see what's coming up (especially the phase 3 breakfasts!), it keeps me inspired!

Marcella
01-23-2012, 08:23 PM
A lot of great information on today's thread! I really liked the paper towel analogy! Great weighin's today also! WAY TO GO! Keep up the great work everyone and keep sharing your SV and NSVs. They are all so motivating!
So if I use these products instead of the IP products but follow up with my greens and doing EXACTLY what I am doing now, I will get the same results? Are they dairy free? I know they are suitable for vegetarians but how about vegans? This would save me triple the amount of money. Thanks all for your help and input.

Tammywhiz
01-23-2012, 08:23 PM
WI today--down 5 pounds!

Wow ! that is great !

Mom3LoveBugs
01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi, fellow Canadian here, just wondering where you find the ProtiDiet products.

I get them from proteinwell.ca

It's a Canadian site so no duty fees and they offer free shipping for orders over $99

:)

Marcella
01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
OMGGGGG thank you soooooooooooo much. This is absolutely wonderful. You have saved me a TON of money. Thank u, thank u. Is there somewhere here I can get the info regarding Phases 2, 3 and 4? Because if I now do this on my phone I will need to do more reading/research. Thanks again.

Marcella
01-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Sorry wanted to ask about the restricted items on there. Do you restrict these just during phase 1 and 2?

wyo1963

found it :carrot::D THANK YOU

wuv2bloved

panda13
01-23-2012, 08:38 PM
I've been on IP for 3 weeks, and today I worked out. I kept to a "healthy heart" heartrate (around 125), and it was awesome. I didn't have to bust my butt or anything (I have a very large aversion to exercise).

My question is, I have been really hungry today. I had a snack between lunch and dinner, but I also am munching now on some soy puffs. I've heard different things about extra packets if you've exercised. Does anyone have any concrete information (whether it's allowed or not)?

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 08:40 PM
OMGGGGG thank you soooooooooooo much. This is absolutely wonderful. You have saved me a TON of money. Thank u, thank u. Is there somewhere here I can get the info regarding Phases 2, 3 and 4? Because if I now do this on my phone I will need to do more reading/research. Thanks again.
Look in the stickys there are the phases that are PDF files, also i posted phase 2 sheet on the wayward and wuv thread.

Sorry wanted to ask about the restricted items on there. Do you restrict these just during phase 1 and 2?

Yes, restricted items for phase 1 for sure not sure about the other phases yet since i am not there yet

northernfawn
01-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Had my first Wi today and I'm down 8 Lbs, and it was so easy once I got past day 3. I'm so excited to have found this program and especially to all of you for giving me lots of posts to read for encouragement :)

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I've been on IP for 3 weeks, and today I worked out. I kept to a "healthy heart" heartrate (around 125), and it was awesome. I didn't have to bust my butt or anything (I have a very large aversion to exercise).

My question is, I have been really hungry today. I had a snack between lunch and dinner, but I also am munching now on some soy puffs. I've heard different things about extra packets if you've exercised. Does anyone have any concrete information (whether it's allowed or not)?

If you are working out it is recommended to add another packet to your day. Half before your workout the other half after. We do not consume enough calories for a workout that is why an extra packet is necessary

Marcella
01-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes I use Proti diet. I started IP with a really good coach but for various reasons I lose very slowly and couldn't afford the real IP for the long time I need it. I ran off the sheets from the stickies on the daily thread which give the nutritional info for IP products and the alternative products. Proti diet seemed very close so I went with their products. There has been no change in my rate of loss. I order them from proteinwell.ca because you get free shipping anywhere in Canada when you order $100 worth and up.
The only difference I find is that the alternative products don't work in the recipes like the IP stuff does.
Pat
Thank you patns, I will order from there as well. I'm from Toronto and can't find any place here.

Dumb question but how long do the phases last? I'm in phase 1 for now so how do I know when to switch over to phase 2?

I use 4 pkgs of IP a day as I follow a vegan diet. Can I use the same amount with the protidiet products?

Sorry for so many questions.

panda13
01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
So if I use these products instead of the IP products but follow up with my greens and doing EXACTLY what I am doing now, I will get the same results? Are they dairy free? I know they are suitable for vegetarians but how about vegans? This would save me triple the amount of money. Thanks all for your help and input.

I have been using this thread about Alternative Products (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203447-alternative-products-work-phase-1-a.html) and it's been extremely helpful.

FYI, here are a few things I've purchased that I've been using:

Unrestricted:
EAS Carb Advantedge RTD drinks (can get at most "chain" stores)
ProtiDiet puddings (Nashua Nutrition - online)
ProtiDiet oatmeal (Nashua Nutrition - online)
ProtiDiet chicken flavor soup (Nashua Nutrition - online)
3 egg whites plus 1 egg instead of an IP omelette

Restricted:
Pure Protein Bars, as long as they are under 18 g carbs (can get at most "chain" stores)
Oh Yeah bars, as long as they are under 18 g carbs (can get at most "chain" stores)
ProtiDiet chocolate soy puffs (Nashua Nutrition - online)

I make the puddings into pancakes (add a few teaspoons water + 2 egg whites, blend, then pour onto sprayed pan - will be thick, but you can spread it a little)

The soups are good w/some steamed or roasted veggies thrown in

Hope this helps! (I've been on for 3 weeks using only alternatives and I've lost 14.5 lbs).

ETA: ALWAYS check the labels, not just the nutrition info (fat, carbs, protein), but the ingredients as well. I use http://idealtogo.com/idealproducts.taf as a reference to compare w/IP products

Marcella
01-23-2012, 08:57 PM
I have been using this thread about Alternative Products (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203447-alternative-products-work-phase-1-a.html) and it's been extremely helpful.

FYI, here are a few things I've purchased that I've been using:

Unrestricted:
EAS Carb Advantedge RTD drinks (can get at most "chain" stores)
ProtiDiet puddings (Nashua Nutrition - online)
ProtiDiet oatmeal (Nashua Nutrition - online)
ProtiDiet chicken flavor soup (Nashua Nutrition - online)
3 egg whites plus 1 egg instead of an IP omelette

Restricted:
Pure Protein Bars, as long as they are under 18 g carbs (can get at most "chain" stores)
Oh Yeah bars, as long as they are under 18 g carbs (can get at most "chain" stores)
ProtiDiet chocolate soy puffs (Nashua Nutrition - online)

I make the puddings into pancakes (add a few teaspoons water + 2 egg whites, blend, then pour onto sprayed pan - will be thick, but you can spread it a little)

The soups are good w/some steamed or roasted veggies thrown in

Hope this helps! (I've been on for 3 weeks using only alternatives and I've lost 14.5 lbs).

ETA: ALWAYS check the labels, not just the nutrition info (fat, carbs, protein), but the ingredients as well. I use http://idealtogo.com/idealproducts.taf as a reference to compare w/IP products
Thanks Panda you are awesome. This is wonderful info. One thing, I have been having an IP bar at 3 every day and it truly helps me. If I can find one under 18 g carbs are you saying it's ok?

Jag23
01-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone,its Monday.......I think I'm behind time with alot of you. I live on the west coast of Canada,and presently it seems I'm always on night shift.
I recieved my Waldon Farms salad dressing today. I'm pretty excited about that. Wasn't able to get in for my WI today,cause again I'm on night shift. This morning I weighted myseld and I see 159.....so excited!!!!! But I know that's not what will be on the WI.......oh well,I feel I'll doing so well. Beginning week 4 and no cheats..........Be strong everyone

nikkib
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Is anyone on here taking the Enzymes and/or Anti-Oxy? I go for weigh in and food tonight, and I am curious as to if I should be getting these. I know they're "recommended". Are the enzymes similar to pro-biotics? I've been taking those as I have really sluggish digestion at the best of time. Any input would be appreciated :)

I take both. I feel so much better with the Enzymes. I did not the first time around on IP and I was so gassy it was awful!! We have a very small office at work and you could hear the other person in the bathroom so we all got a good laugh out of it at least. This time around I have been taking them and have tamed the beast haha. I also like the Anti-oxy a lot too. I think Carla had a post on here a long, long time ago about taking a Anti-Oxy along with your Omega to clear out any sludge that might build up from it. Not 100% sure who it was but that is what prompted me to start taking it.

mrsmurphy
01-23-2012, 09:14 PM
congrats on all the loses :)

FYI I decided to weigh myself today after two weeks. I figured the second week would be low so I skipped weighing myself. Today started WEEK 4! Holy cow, time is flying. So, I weighed myself I am down 6.8 pounds in two weeks, with my total for the last three weeks being 18.4!!! I am so ecstatic!

My husband is eating better, my coworkers have started diets, they all say that I am inspiration for them. It is a WONDERFUL feeling. I feel AMAZING!!!

OneGuyonIP
01-23-2012, 09:15 PM
I think it's because we have so much family stuff coming up in late April/early May.

Keep up the good work Miranda and don't let it get you down. By keeping on the plan, you can loose a lot of weight between now and your family events in April and May. Also, by then, you will be able to look at all the things you used to love to eat and go "Meh. I'll pass." At Christmastime, I baked a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, an apple, cranberry & nutmeg cake, and chocolate chip cookies with a sprinkling of sea salt. I didn't even try any of them and wasn't even tempted. What really helped were all the compliments. Sticking to the plan is so worth it and will pay off. You will definitely have great results between now and late April.

In the beginning when I was fighting cravings, I would tell myself "Not never, but just not right now." It helped me get through some tough times. I hope this helps.

4kiddos
01-23-2012, 09:18 PM
WI #6 today. Down .4 lbs for the week. However, I will not be mad or disappointed because I have been 100% OP plus TOM. So with that said, I will continue to stay 100% OP and know that next week will adjust itself. Congrats to all the WI and NSV for the week. Keep your eye on the prize! ;)

OneGuyonIP
I take both. I feel so much better with the Enzymes. I did not the first time around on IP and I was so gassy it was awful!! We have a very small office at work and you could hear the other person in the bathroom so we all got a good laugh out of it at least. This time around I have been taking them and have tamed the beast haha. I also like the Anti-oxy a lot too. I think Carla had a post on here a long, long time ago about taking a Anti-Oxy along with your Omega to clear out any sludge that might build up from it. Not 100% sure who it was but that is what prompted me to start taking it.

I take both as well. The enzymes are supposed to keep things moving down there so you don't get backed up. I find they help.

patns
Thanks Panda you are awesome. This is wonderful info. One thing, I have been having an IP bar at 3 every day and it truly helps me. If I can find one under 18 g carbs are you saying it's ok?

I use the protidiet products exactly as I used the IP one, the counts are almost the same. In my case I use 3 packets a day, one is a restricted. Actually for one of the packets I have a Premier Nutriction Protein ready made drink from the pharmacy section at Costco. They have 30 grams of protein each. I have a regular meal also with veggies and lean meat, chicken or fish so you would likely continue using 4 packages.
You can have one restricted a day( e.g. the bars). I could only find the large size of Oh Yeah bars so cut them in half and have a half a day. I got them at the Superstore and at London Drugs. Be careful with the nonIP bars, most of them are quite large. Save the box from some IP bars and try to match those numbers as close as possible.
You stay on phase one until you reach your goal. Then you go to phase 2 for two weeks. Wuv has posted that info on Wuv's and wardward's help thread.
There is lots of info on alternatives on the stickies on the first post of the daily thread.

It is very expensive to use the American sites from Canada. I tried that once but found it much easier and quicker delivery from proteinwell.ca.

Pat

purple sky
01-23-2012, 09:20 PM
You guys I need some support right now. Yesterday I was totally fine with what I've lost, how I'm feeling & looking and fitting into pants I haven't fit in yearrrrrs. But today I just woke up for some reason with a HUGE chip on my shoulder about the whole thing. I just feel resentful, so ill about the fact that my husband & family can just eat anything & everything they want; while I get to sit on the sidelines. I've been SO good, I haven't cheated at ALL, not even SLIGHTLY & I'm just still so angry. I'm not hungry, that's not the problem; I'm just so ill for some reason about the whole thing.

I think it's because we have so much family stuff coming up in late April/early May that I'm just aslgnsaklgasng about losing weight. I don't want to be on the sideline like "oh hey, let me eat my soy balls because i'm fat" because that's how it feels. I know you all probably think I'm ridiculous & such a big whiny brat; but that's the truth. I just feel so down in the dumps & I just can't shake it.

I've been OP for 2 weeks and I'm so proud of myself, but I just want to be *normal* again. I don't get rude comments or anything, it just hurts so bad that I've let myself get this way & get so out of control. I just want to cry.

April is a long way away. I think by that time you will have come so far with IP that all of this might be less of an issue and you never know, you might enjoy sitting there with your soy balls. I just discovered the chocolate ones...yummy.

One thing I have noticed with this diet is that everything might be fine and you are swimming along, doing well, staying OP, finding creative things to do with your meals and then thump, something comes up, some kind of emotion that you don't like in yourself or don't want to deal with. I don't know if it is hormones or the tremendous changes we are taking ourselves through. I have a funny feeling you will be fine. Better yet, get some family to eat soy balls with you. Well, their version. This stuff is too expensive to share. Not always fun to be the odd one out. You can do this. April is a long time away. A lot of good things are going to happen between now and then.

mompattie
01-23-2012, 09:20 PM

I used IP products but have now switched to alternatives. You must take the responsibility for the research. There is an awesome thread in the top "sticky" part of the message board....and READ READ READ!!!! The benefit of IP is that they have done all the research for you. Compare labels, research ingredients, sort through everything...its lots of work but you have to do it. But you can totally do the alternatives, but with your vegan diet, you have to make sure you're getting the right balance of protein, minerals and vitamins to ensure your health during the diet. Only you can make that choice after weighing all the pros and cons of both IP and alternatives. Good luck!!

panda13
01-23-2012, 09:21 PM

Oops. 17 g. That's the highest on IP. But, make sure there's at least 15 g protein and less than, I don't know, maybe 6 g fat? Most of the IP bars have 4 or 5 g fat, but I really haven't been able to find much under 6 at stores (and one of the Oh Yeah bars is 8 g :o but I don't have those every day). I figure since it's a restricted anyway, it's not going to make much of a difference. By the way, the Oh Yeah bars are really yummy, and I also like the Pure Protein "Protein Revolution" chocolate peanut caramel bar.

purple sky
01-23-2012, 09:28 PM

I take both as well. The enzymes are supposed to keep things moving down there so you don't get backed up. I find they help.

Ahh, good to know. I like sludge clearing. I have been curious about the Anti-Oxy.

lbixby
01-23-2012, 10:11 PM
congrats on all the loses :)

FYI I decided to weigh myself today after two weeks. I figured the second week would be low so I skipped weighing myself. Today started WEEK 4! Holy cow, time is flying. So, I weighed myself I am down 6.8 pounds in two weeks, with my total for the last three weeks being 18.4!!! I am so ecstatic!

My husband is eating better, my coworkers have started diets, they all say that I am inspiration for them. It is a WONDERFUL feeling. I feel AMAZING!!!

Wow! Good For You! Keep up the good work:-)

lbixby
01-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone! I am on my 1st week of IP and I am looking for ideas to get in my oil. I just can't seem to eat it alone on salad. Any suggestions out there? Tomorrow is my first WI. short week for me as i started IP last Thursday. Excited to see where I am at. I deffinately feel as if i have lost! :cool:

WingnutandMe
01-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi all,
I know it's at the end of the day, but I had my very first WI. I am down 7 pounds. Wahoo!!!! I thank you all for all the information you provide on this forum. Even only being on one week, I've learned from your knowledge and experiences. I've passed on this forum information to the doctor's wife who is facilitating the program in my area. They've only been offering the program now for a couple of weeks and are learning too. Thanks again.

gs463
01-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Hi everyone! I am on my 1st week of IP and I am looking for ideas to get in my oil. I just can't seem to eat it alone on salad. Any suggestions out there? Tomorrow is my first WI. short week for me as i started IP last Thursday. Excited to see where I am at. I deffinately feel as if i have lost! :cool:

Saute veggies in it for lunch or dinner with seasoning, Stir fry veggies, etc.

mrsmurphy
01-23-2012, 10:39 PM

I get angry too. When I was on weight watchers I remember being soooo mad that I would cry. I never understood it, why I felt so mad all the time and resentful. Then, I gave up. Then, about four weeks ago I started IP (I do alternatives) I still found myself getting angry and resentful. then, after I started looking at food as an addiction it became a lot easier. I am not saying you have to do the same thing. I am just giving my perspective. I just threw my hands up and gave it all to God. I am not a religious person, by any means, but I had no other choice. I felt hopeless. My eating out of control was killing me.

You have done so much already... it gets hard, but this is the life we were given. Our struggles with weight are just the same as any one else's struggles with their issues. You are not alone... it is a struggle everyday.

Without struggle there is no progress!

Marcella
01-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Thank you all who have responded to my questions. You have been truly very helpful to me. I understand what you mean about making sure I get everything in but whatever I do I know I will be eating a heck of a lot better than I was before I began this new journey. Thanks again.

Jonis
01-23-2012, 11:08 PM
5-8oz of meat for supper. Should I weigh the meat before or after it is cooked?

MaMaZu
01-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Into my third week and feeling so liberated with this diet. It's not too often that the words liberated and diet are in the same sentence!
But something else I started feeling today was shock that I have gotten myself into this position, a kind of punch-in-the-stomach feeling. I guess I have been hiding from myself and feelings for quite awhile, so perhaps this is part of the process. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.....

wuv2bloved
01-23-2012, 11:34 PM
This has been a controversy from day one, some measure raw some measure cooked. My coach said Raw for both Meat and veggies

JellyMae87
01-23-2012, 11:34 PM

I pour it over ky chicken before I bake it... And then season with Mrs. Dash..

Always RAW!!

Jonis
01-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Into my third week and feeling so liberated with this diet. It's not too often that the words liberated and diet are in the same sentence!
But something else I started feeling today was shock that I have gotten myself into this position, a kind of punch-in-the-stomach feeling. I guess I have been hiding from myself and feelings for quite awhile, so perhaps this is part of the process. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.....

Gotten yourself into what position? The IP program or your current weight? I felt like that the day before I started. I haven't been OP for that long but the feeling subsided with my weight loss. It felt like I was on a really high diving board...Nervous and scared about the future...Is that what you mean?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-23-2012, 11:40 PM
You always measure rawwwwwwwwww.

Also, I go back OP tomorrow. I know I'm supposed to be in recovery for a couple of weeks, but I'm more healthy eating OP than I am not taking supplements and eating the junk food we have in the house. I'm pleased to say that the one week I wasn't on the diet so I could get through the worst of pneumonia, I lost 1.2 pounds and 6 inches. I am so glad I didn't gain anything, and I'm glad I am feeling ten times better than I was last Monday!

QHLover
01-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Dr Tran says having carbs right before a workout won't work - your body can't digest them in time - I know you want to do the boot camp but you may find walking, yoga or swimming better choices - good luck

QHLover
01-23-2012, 11:50 PM

I mix 2 tsp oil with 2 tsp lemon juice and salt for my salad dressing. Once you hooked on it you won't want bottled dressing anymore.

MaMaZu
01-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Gotten yourself into what position? The IP program or your current weight? I felt like that the day before I started. I haven't been OP for that long but the feeling subsided with my weight loss. It felt like I was on a really high diving board...Nervous and scared about the future...Is that what you mean?

No, just more disappointed in the weight gain. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with this diet, just noticed a realization of how I had let myself go. Hope that makes sense...

tenniels
01-24-2012, 12:47 AM

Thank-you so much for the answer, I really appreciate it :) I'm going to see if I can budget in for those pills next time I get food (a week from today actually, I didn't see your answer until now). I'm going to try and find the thread you're talking about. Thanks again :)

tenniels
01-24-2012, 01:02 AM
No, just more disappointed in the weight gain. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled with this diet, just noticed a realization of how I had let myself go. Hope that makes sense...

I definitely get what you're saying. I'm doing the same thing to myself. You have to remember that it isn't so much about how you got to where you are and how you let yourself go, but it's about how you get yourself out of where you are and take care of yourself from now on. That's what I try to tell myself anyways. I can spend a lot of time focusing on the negative of what I've done to be overweight, and it hinders my positive progress by dwelling. Chin up, you're doing the right thing now and putting you first :hug:

MaMaZu
01-24-2012, 02:39 AM
I definitely get what you're saying. I'm doing the same thing to myself. You have to remember that it isn't so much about how you got to where you are and how you let yourself go, but it's about how you get yourself out of where you are and take care of yourself from now on. That's what I try to tell myself anyways. I can spend a lot of time focusing on the negative of what I've done to be overweight, and it hinders my positive progress by dwelling. Chin up, you're doing the right thing now and putting you first :hug:

Agreed, thanks for the encouragement. I know I am definitely heading in the right direction!

kelly1962
01-24-2012, 09:20 AM

I agree also, and even more importantly in my opinion, is not letting it happen again!!! That should be the most important thing after the weight loss. It is absolutely imperative that everyone go through the maintenance portion of this weight loss journey because in my own personal experience, i didnt know how to eat properly and keep my weight in a healthy range.

janniegoingdown
01-24-2012, 10:43 AM
I get them from proteinwell.ca

It's a Canadian site so no duty fees and they offer free shipping for orders over $99

:)

Thanks, I'll check it out.