Exercise! - How much exercise is everyone doing a day?

Tanisha Adjo
01-21-2012, 04:10 PM
How much weight are you losing by exercising?:)

aka8941
01-21-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm running this weight off, but it's not worth much unless I'm eating well cocurrently.

lost about 32 pounds so far.

Sunshine73
01-21-2012, 04:42 PM
For me weight loss has a LOT more to do with what I'm eating than how much I'm exercising. Having said that, I do about an hour of toning/cardio workout every day. It helps build muscle and I hope it will help me tone up as I lose weight.

Candeka
01-21-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm lazy, so doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred DVD one a day is good for me. However, on Mondays I have a 1 hour boxing class, and on Wednesdays I have a 50 minute deep water Boot Camp class. All other days I either don't exercise or I do the 30DS. This seems to be working for me though since I keep track of all my calories and am always at a 500-600 calorie deficiency.

sontaikle
01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
You don't lose weight by exercising. You get fit by exercising.

That said, I don't exercise every day. I give myself one or two days off a week so that my body can rest.

When I DO exercise I vary it each and every day so that I don't get used to the same exercise. I make sure to get in a good mix of strength training and cardio.

JessLess
01-21-2012, 08:29 PM
I exercise (weights and cardio with a trainer) 3x a week for an hour and run a couple of times a week for 30 minutes when there isn't snow on the ground. I also calorie count and have lost 75 lbs.

Crawlil
01-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I aim for 30 mins 5x a week. I'm dealing with an injury right now so I'm luck to hit 2x :(

lilsquirrel
01-21-2012, 09:35 PM
I go fencing 1-3 times a week (2 hour sessions) and I walk for roughly 20 mins a day monday - friday (walking to and from campus)

If I can be bothered, I'll do 20mins on the wii zumba :)

indiblue
01-22-2012, 07:23 AM
You don't lose weight by exercising. You get fit by exercising.

Agreed!

I read a study recently that women burn 70% fewer calories on days they exercise, due to psychological factors ("I don't need to take the stairs, I'm tired from my workout") and physiological factors (your body gearing down some of its other metabolic functions to accommodate for the calorie burn). :eek:. Incredible, right?

Anyway, I exercise 3-4x a week. It usually involves 2 session of heavy, proper weight lifting, 1 run or lengthy walk, and 1 yoga session.

I try to get in activity, a short walk, cleaning the house, etc, every day though, which I think is equally important to exercise.

stimkovs
01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
i do 90 min bikram yoga classes 5-7 (to sometimes 8 or 9 with doubles) times a week.

MissDeeva
01-22-2012, 10:23 AM
35 to 40 minutes of Wii Fit Plus. I combine aerobics, strenght and yoga. It is good for toning. When I did it in the past the weight didn't come off but I definately noticed the toning that was taking place.

Now I am counting calories watching portion sizes and started back in the Wii.

lissvarna
01-22-2012, 12:30 PM
I have to beg to differ. I have lost weight by exercising. If you're not watching what you're eating, no, you won't, but I've always disagreed with that thought.

I work out for 2 hours 3 days a week, 1 hour the other 3 days a week, and usually have one rest day. I also eat 1550 cal/day. For me, that number wouldn't be attainable without allotting for extra calories sometimes b/c of the exercise. I definitely wouldn't have lost this 20 pounds if I hadn't been at the gym 6 days a week.

DesertTabby
01-22-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm trying to get active but have a hard time sticking with anything for long-term, especially since I live a very sedentary lifestyle. In the end I do whatever activity I feel like doing as long as it is something.

So basically I try to pick one: 60-90 minute walks, JM's-30DS, or climb 20 flights of stairs (throughout the day) and do body-based weight lifting (squats, tricep dips, push-ups, etc.).

Unfortunately I am starting to realize it may be too little still, especially with how close to goal I am. I only eat 1200-1300 calories a day and not losing which means I really need to up my exercise.

ValRock
01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I work out 5 days a week.

As for weight loss = None ;). I exercise hard 5 days a week but my weight loss has nearly everything to do with what I eat and not a whole lot to do with how hard I workout. The way my body looks, on the other hand, has much more to do with exercise....

patchworkpenguin
01-22-2012, 06:09 PM
I read a study recently that women burn 70% fewer calories on days they exercise, due to psychological factors ("I don't need to take the stairs, I'm tired from my workout") and physiological factors (your body gearing down some of its other metabolic functions to accommodate for the calorie burn). :eek:. Incredible, right?

Actually this makes a lot of sense to me. :o I can definatly relate to the 'I exercised today, so I can sit around the rest of the day' mentality. :dizzy:

SanityNow
01-23-2012, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=sontaikle;4182641]You don't lose weight by exercising. You get fit by exercising.

I keep forgetting that! The idea of getting fit is somehow more positive to me than of losing weight; I'm so tired of the weight thing. I'm going to work on getting FIT by getting in a half-hour of exercise (min) every day, and honoring my fitness when I eat. Thanks!

saltatoria
01-23-2012, 11:04 PM
I exercise 30-60 minutes every day. If I skip a day, it's too easy to skip another, then another, then another...

StephInLA
01-24-2012, 06:37 PM
I do yoga 3x week, private pilates 2x week, and about 90 minutes cardio (4 mile uphill hike loop) per day. Some days I double the cardio (8 miles of hiking) and I usually take 1 day off. It's a lot of exercise - maybe 15 hours per week- but a year ago I got only about 1 hour per week and my weight loss and body looked a lot different. My exercise has played a HUGE roll in my weight loss and without it I would have certainly failed at dieting. It changed the way I think about myself (now I'm "athletic") and the way I think about food (it's "fuel"). It also transformed my ideas about portions and calories. A year ago I had to use willpower to eat 1400 calories a day, but now it doesn't take willpower because I really understand that food is energy and I'm able to match the amount of food I need to my intake in a way that doesn't require exerting self control or willpower. I don't even think about food some days! Because I exercise so much, junk foods (fried, fatty, sugar) don't tempt me because they make me feel sluggish and gross. I have a lot more confidence because I'm fit and strong (not just skinny), I carry myself more upright, and I'm proud of myself in a way I wouldn't be if I had just cut portions and lost the same amount of weight.

SanityNow
01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Steph, that's impressive. Your cardio is hiking? What shoe do you prefer?

InsideMe
01-25-2012, 08:13 AM
I exercise 5-6 times a week because I LOVE TO EAT! I can't do it just by diet, and true you don't need exercise to lose weight but exercise does help me to stay accountable to what I'm eating. When I workout I watch extra carefully what I am eating, but I do eat more cause my hunger does to up in the evening if I don't stack my calories through the day. I do strength training (I lift heavy) Mon, Wed and Fri, and do cardio classes at my gym Tues and Thurs and sometimes on Sunday I do both...or one or the other.I need exercise, it not only makes me feel better I don't feel SO bad if I do have a treat etc...cause my calorie intake is higher. Without exercise I'd have to eat 1200 cals a day, I'm HUNGRY on that and honestly I HATE BEING HUNGRY! So now I eat around 1500-1800 depending on my day and workout and I've been losing...

ETA: Sorry I'm not goal yet!

Seashell84
01-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I exercise about an hour every day. I find it really does help with weight loss. I can't say how much has been because of exercise, and how much because of diet. When I exercise hard I am less hungry than when I just go for a light walk or something easy. I am also more motivated to eat better because I don't want undo my efforts in the gym.

andrew80k
01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I do 35-55 minutes 6 days a week. Like others have said, what you eat accounts for 90% of your results. Exercise accounts for the other 10%. I saw someone had in their signature,

"Diets make you look good in clothes, exercise makes you look good naked."

I'm shooting for the looking good naked. :D

alitorry
01-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I used to be one of those 'I eat what I want cuz I exercise' people. I did that for many years, eating normal (not dieting) and I only maintained, but made me more fit I suppose. I do believe with a lot of running you can lose without dieting. That's how it has been for me in the past. It wasn't a real consistent loss, but every now and then was a pound.

So for me, I do zumba 3 times a week, 3 times a week weights class (30-60 mins) and pilates or yoga once a week. I feel like I need to step it up though.

LAgreeneyes
01-26-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm not doing enough. The ONLY thing that has worked for me in the past was running and spinning classes. So, I know what I have to do to get this weight off.

lilsquirrel
01-26-2012, 07:10 PM
When I'm at univeristy, I do fencing three times a week and C25K 3 times a week. I get Sunday's off :) I also do a minimum of 20mins walking a day to and from campus.

When I'm at home I work 3-4 8hour shifts on my feet and try to go to a zumba class if I'm off. I'm going to try and continue the C25K when I go home and take one of the dogs with me :)

All that being said, I feel so unfit! :dizzy:

Melokoton
01-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I've been doing the Power 90, and biggest loser videos. They have helped me out quite a bit.

Sukrutha
01-28-2012, 07:59 AM
I do a 15 min workout and dance aerobics for 15 min everyday

baker23
01-28-2012, 06:17 PM
I do cardio 5-6 days a week. I mix it up everyday though so I don't get to used to the same thing. And I do have to disagree with people stating that exercising dosen't help you lose. I was stuck at a plateau and the only way I could break through it was upping my calories and exercising. It is mostly about diet though.

KittyKatFan
01-31-2012, 10:40 PM
I had been doing cardio-type exercise (walking, then fast walking, and now usually a mixture of elliptical/treadmill walking on an incline/rower) for 80-110 minutes per day, depending on the exercise. I just try to get in six miles, whether it's walking or elliptical.

Recently I added weight training and am still trying to find a schedule that doesn't kill me. Right now it's cardio only on Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday for 85-110 minutes; Tuesday is half an hour of weights and 45 minutes of cardio; and Thursday and Sunday strength training for about half an hour. But this is too much.

I want to cut back a bit, but am worried that the weight loss will slow or stop if I drop cardio down to 4 days a week or strength training to 2 days per week.

For me, exercise is EVERYTHING as far as weight loss success goes. I'm the opposite of people who use the fact that they exercised as justification for being able to eat more. In my case, when I have exercised, I feel less inclined to overeat or eat unhealthy foods because then I would feel like I just wasted all that hard work exercising for no reason. When I exercise, I stick to the eating plan. When I do not exercise on a scheduled day, I feel like I might as well cheat because I've already cheated by not exercising.

Strange, huh?

Lunula
02-01-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm doing WW online and tracking points - I had a week of business travel where I got NO exercise (other than walking into the office everyday) but I managed to stay on track with points - I lost less than a pound that week (I think it was .7 or .8).

On normal weeks, I do 3 60-minute Zumba classes (2 of which are very high intensity) and 2 more gym work-outs (normally some circuit training w/ weight lifting, pilates class or a cardio-strength class) and I walk everyday at lunch for 25-45 minutes (and we walk our dogs twice a day). Last week, when I tracked points correctly and logged 8.47 hours of work-outs (according to WW tracking) - I lost 3.8 lbs.

xJox
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I try to exercise some everyday. I've missed one day in the last 45. I'm down right at 22 lbs. I am also watching my calories. No more than 1700. No less than 1300.

Harpersi
06-03-2012, 02:44 PM
just restarting my weight loss.. haven't incorporated much exercise quite yet. Taking the dog on longer walks though for a start!

Exhale15
06-03-2012, 03:12 PM
My exercise regime varies. Sometimes 3x a week alternating days, sometimes 4x a week straight. Sometimes it's zumba, sometimes the gym, sometimes Pilates. Sometimes I go to the gym twice a day, sometimes it's just one easy yoga class.

I find this works best for me. For now. I give myself plenty of rest when I'm feeling drained, and I don't do so much that I feel I can eat a pizza when I'm done (:o). I also realize that 10 pounds from now I might want to do something different, and that will be fine, too. What's important is that I'm feeling good about my workouts, and I'm seeing results.

Brooklynn
06-06-2012, 08:49 PM
I work out 5 days a week 30 mins on a treadmill with a incline at 3.0-4.0 mph and then I work the rest of the parts of my body for another 30 mins. For example monday is treadmill and core, tuesday is treadmill and legs. I really just started going at this so hard eventually I would like to add things like the elliptical or the arc trainer. I have lost 10 lbs thus far but that also has a lot to do with what I eat.

InimigoVonKatze
06-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I run a lot

Amarantha2
06-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Varies from as low as 5 min to 2-3 hours every single day. I log it in streaks of no day missed of daily intentional exercise and vary the workouts from easy stuff to more intense. I don't log incidental lifestyle exercise. I am on Day 258 of the current streak. My previous one was 288 days. I took a day or so off after 288 days and started a new one. I blog and log the streak all over the place, lots of fun doing this. :wave:

GwenSue
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
I was 280 pounds in November 2011. I'm at 263 now. I use my elliptical 30 min every other day, do 30 min to an hour of yoga/pilates/strength every other day.

Then I chase a toddler around and clean up after him all day, every day :)

LAgreeneyes
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM
I started riding my bike and the I am seeing the "hard to get rid of" lbs are leaving.

I am riding 5.5 miles on the bike and sometimes walking/jogging for 4 - 6 miles.

imnotperfect24
06-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I try to go to the gym every other day.. With an hour work out there.. On the days I'm not at the gym I try to run/walk..

Since I just started this about 3 weeks ago. I'm only 5lbs down.

Astrild
06-20-2012, 12:35 AM
I've tried making a habit of exercising many many times...but I just haven't. I know it's important for my overall health, but it doesn't have that much to do with my weight loss. I just count the calories I consume.

I guess I'm kind of the opposite of those who exercise early and then relax all day though. I don't always exercise but am pretty restless and am always doing something. When I do exercise I tend take the bike out in the evening, which I guess helps me not feel tired and lazy all day cause I go right to bed. lol I also have to walk my husky a lot, because...well, she's a husky. I don't count walking for 1-2hrs to anything too rigorous, but I guess it could add up.

I've been maintaining a lower weight pretty well, but it's more to do with food choices and not guzzling beer like I used to. My diet is the real constant battle in regards to my weight. If you just eat less than you need to maintain, you'll probably lose weight. It doesn't really matter what your activity level is, imo.

Hotaruchan
06-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I bike my little buns off every day...I have a minimum of 30 minutes from my commute Monday-Friday (when I first started, it took 40 minutes. PROGRESS! :D ) then I usually do an additional 1-2 hour ride after dinner. On weekends I generally ride a little extra and find a cool place to go for a walk. I've definitely had a noticeable difference in the size of my legs and arms in the past 2 months, and even my shoulders and collarbone area are starting to look more defined. No luck yet on the tummy area, but I feel like that's always going to be my problem spot. I won't be working for most of July, so I'm thinking of adding in the 30 Day Shred to supplement the amount of jumping around I usually do at school all day (dealing with elementary school kids can be a workout in itself!).

Dreamer2012
06-26-2012, 10:01 AM
I've restarted my exercise routine as of yesterday. I decided to take it slowly. I'm going to try walking 5/6 days out of 7 days of the week. I have 5 different routes, each route I'm going to do for a month starting from 2 miles up to 5 miles. Currently I'm doing the 2 miles walk until mid-July and move onto my second route.

My father's girlfriend has my bike at the moment but I was thinking of getting it back when she is finished and adding in a cycle 2/3 times a week.

camper67
06-26-2012, 11:41 AM
6 days a week for about 1 and 1/2 - 2 hours on my elliptical. I also do some 5 lb weights/abs 4 days a week.

skinnypie
06-26-2012, 01:41 PM
I exeercise 4- 5 times a week for approx an hour and half doing cardio and stength training. The guy at the gym told me weight loss was down to 80%diet and 20% exercise. I have lost 16 pounds since May 12th.

neversettle
06-26-2012, 04:20 PM
I work out for 1 - 1.5 hours 6 days a week.

GollyHolly
07-20-2012, 04:15 PM
My weight loss journey began 5 weeks ago, and I've lost 10 pounds. I walk a mile in the morning 5 days a week. I just started riding dirt bikes with my hubby. Oh my! So we do that about twice a month.

LAgreeneyes
07-20-2012, 04:24 PM
At first, I started walking. Then I hit a plateau and I was not losing any weight, so then I started the C25K program and I started dropping weight almost instantly. Then I got bored with the C25K and hit another plateau. So, then I started biking and I started dropping weight again. Then I hit another plateau and no weight loss. Then I found a local boot camp in my area and the weight is dropping off again. I guess my body gets accustomed to the same thing or else I'm slacking and not pushing myself and it shows when I hit those plateaus. So, I figure I have to change my workouts to continue losing the weight.

Mer du Japon
07-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I walk to and from work each day (25 minutes each way)
I hit the gym 2-3 days a week for some jogging (stay on the treadmill for an hour, usually run for 15 minutes then walk on an incline after that)
I've started doing a 3 hour series of classes every Saturday that is yoga, Pilates, and Zumba

I have found that my weight loss is ALL diet so I don't spend tons of time working out. I mainly just do it because it's good for the body and mind

Colliea21
07-26-2012, 09:42 PM
I work out about 4x a week for about an hour or so. I m currently doing SI6 but to be honest I am getting a bit bored...

Dragonfly33
07-27-2012, 02:43 PM
I began an exercise program a month ago, almost 3 weeks with a trainer. My weekly routine is this:

3 days a week of strength/core training with 30-40mins of cardio (90mins total each day)
2 days at the gym strictly cardio (60mins each day)
1 day of outdoor running/walking (60-90mins)

I think what's helping me is both the diet and exercise. With just dieting in the past, I lost weight but I didn't have the energy and strength I am gaining now which keeps me on track. I have a long way to go but I am focusing on smaller goals such as lifting heavier each week and my endurance which is improving greatly.

LAgreeneyes
07-27-2012, 02:58 PM
I've lost 4 lbs my first week of Boot Camp.

Prim2012
07-27-2012, 06:55 PM
I don't lose a lot more weight on weeks I exercise versus weeks I just eat clean but I like the way I feel when I exercise regularly and my body looks noticebly more toned after 3-4 weeks of excercising. Right now I'm doing 3-4 days a week for 60-90 minutes. I always include cardio and weight training (weights are my favorite). Typical routines involve 30-45 minutes of cardio (usually elliptical, recumbent bike or spinning class, or treadmill) and rest weights.

Princess Squish
07-28-2012, 05:30 AM
I don't really make a correlation of weight loss being due to counting calories or working out. I think the two work hand in hand. Well scratch that. Not think. I know. We lose weight by having more fat stored than calories ingested, so what isn't used is disposed of.
I work out 30-60 minutes per day and count calories burned AND ingesting, always having some left over, and my weight loss itself varies.
I do quite a bit of muscle training so though I'm losing inches, the fat loss v. muscle gained almost balances out some weeks. :P

sontaikle
07-28-2012, 06:05 AM
I don't really make a correlation of weight loss being due to counting calories or working out. I think the two work hand in hand. Well scratch that. Not think. I know. We lose weight by having more fat stored than calories ingested, so what isn't used is disposed of.
I work out 30-60 minutes per day and count calories burned AND ingesting, always having some left over, and my weight loss itself varies.
I do quite a bit of muscle training so though I'm losing inches, the fat loss v. muscle gained almost balances out some weeks. :P

EXACTLY!

How you burn the calories off doesn't matter, but you need to burn them off. It doesn't necessarily mean you need to work out to burn them off.

Glad to see you're lifting. You won't regret it!

foxymommy
10-17-2012, 07:02 PM
I've been on a weight loss journey for 10 years now (many ups and downs) but the good thing is I have learned a lot about myself. I found that the times I buckled down, worked out every day, became a gym addict were also the times I crashed and burned eventually and gained it all back and then some. For me, counting calories and moderate exercise- 3x a week works best.

FlabToFit
10-17-2012, 07:10 PM
I haven't really been working out much..most of my weight melted off through proper eating

snowpatrolchlo
10-21-2012, 07:22 AM
I do a three mile walk with the dog, and then a three mile cycle every day. On the days I'm at college , I tend to walk from town to college before, and from college to town after. It's a mile each way, so most Monday-Thursdays I do 8 miles a day! (It's a big difference from doing absolutely nothing!)

Luffz
10-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I actually started losing weight a year ago, and lost about 25-30 pounds. But the past 6 months, nothing has happened. So I thought to myself, I'm joining a gym for the first time in my life! And I did. So the past week I've been doing either afropowerdance, zumba or latinmix every day + two of the days I did a 2.5 mile run on the tread mill. I'm planning to do this everyday, since I for once in my life found that dancing as an exercise is SO much fun! I'm looking forward to the zumba (or whatever I'm doing that day) everyday. And I'm the kind of person who NEVER thought the slightest about enjoying exercise. :)

GeraldineHearne
10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
EXACTLY!

How you burn the calories off doesn't matter, but you need to burn them off. It doesn't necessarily mean you need to work out to burn them off.

Glad to see you're lifting. You won't regret it!

Totally agree with this the above post, Exercise is a great way to increase how many calories you burn and has a variety of other health benefits BUT....If you are still eating more than you are burning you are gaining weight, it's as simple as that!!!!

epifania
11-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I walk 20-30 minute on the treadmill, 3-4 days a week. But sometimes I skip a whole week when I'm too busy :( I need to work on that.

SunnySide99
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
It was so interesting to read everyone's replies.

I work out about 45 mins. - 1 hour 6 days per week. I do Walk Away The Pound Videos, powerwalking, Pilates and strength-train and I have decent eating habits.

For me, I need to sweat to see results. I don't do any killer workouts where I'm begging for mercy (lol) but for fat loss I need to get my heart rate up either sustain it or do intervals. I don't weigh myself often, but inches are melting off of me.

gabylynch
11-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I am currently on my second round of P90X. Doing Back and Biceps today :)

meandu
11-15-2012, 04:01 PM
How much weight are you losing by exercising?:)

I am disabled but do try to do some type of exercise throughout the week. I am not sure how much I loose by exercise but I have decided to start a daily exercise tracker so I can keep track of the minutes on the peddler, walking, core strengthening exercise, etc. :twirly:

BleuMaus
11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Did a round of intervals, 15 min of spinning intervals, & weight training.
I am currently on my second round of P90X. Doing Back and Biceps today :)
When you started, what version did you do?

Stars
11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
I do a 2 to 4 mile walking exercise I found on youtube.

MrsTryingAgain
11-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Since I've only been at this journey for 6 weeks, I'm still building up my exercise. I'm walking any where from 20-45 mins. a day, depending upon my work schedule. It's my goal to add more with each week. :yes::yes::yes:

I just got my Wii Fit today, something I had ordered for my birthday. :cool: So I'm going to start using this when I don't have time before/after work for a walk or if the weather is really ugly. I not only have the Wii Fit, but I found "Walk It Out" as well. My hubby is interested, which I find awesome because he needs to keep active to help keep his diabetes in check.

I'm hoping by March to be putting in my usual 4-5 miles/day. I want to be that healthy again!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

maggie762
11-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I run 4-5 days a week for about 30 minutes.

As long as I get that fix I am good and sane.

BrownEyedVeggie
11-16-2012, 09:39 AM
I love the gym and burn through 500 calories each time I go with personal trainer (awesome), spin class (killer), ellipticals, tread, or stair climbers, etc. I recently purchased a Polar heart rate monitor, which keeps the count true. I also wear a walkfit vest that adds 8 lbs. My plan is to add running to the mix. I'm inspired by those who can run long distances and aspire to run a 5k for charity and perhaps one day a marathon.

Smile

MadProfessor
11-16-2012, 10:49 AM
When losing weight, I was doing 30-40 minutes walks twice a week. Now I'm more fitness-aware and have more energy, so 5-10k runs 3-4 times a week are a norm.

Bec259
11-17-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm trying to walk at least 30min 6 times a day - that's pushing a pram with a baby & 3 year old in it.
I'm hoping to get to the stage where I can run/walk at intervals.
I walk at a pace where I can talk but I'm puffing.

krampus
11-19-2012, 12:04 PM
HIIT cardio and lifting 5-6 days a week. Sometimes I'll do a long (6-7 mile) run on weekend days.