Weight Loss Support - Ab's/shin splints

View Full Version : Ab's/shin splints

Icey21
01-20-2012, 05:03 PM
So I have 2 questions! The first one is about Ab work, I have been doing Ab work about 3 days a week, but I just dont feel it. =( So I was wondering how many days a week you guys do abs and how long?

The second question is about shin splints, I try to take my son outside and go for walks as much as I can but ever time we go walking I end up with really bad shin splints. So what do you guys know about them and how to treat them?:?:

JohnP
01-20-2012, 08:33 PM
So I have 2 questions! The first one is about Ab work, I have been doing Ab work about 3 days a week, but I just dont feel it. =( So I was wondering how many days a week you guys do abs and how long?

The second question is about shin splints, I try to take my son outside and go for walks as much as I can but ever time we go walking I end up with really bad shin splints. So what do you guys know about them and how to treat them?:?:

1) Abs do not need to be worked except that they provide stability to your spine which of course is important. Thus, if you want to "work" your abs you should do planks. Just google it and look for progression of various plank exercises you can do.

2) Shin splints do hurt a lot. Ice them. A good pair of shoes makes a big difference. Get a good pair of shoes and keep walking. Don't over do it but build up your time and intensity. If you can, walk on surfaces that are not concrete.