South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat on Friday, January 20

Another early good morning and another stuck door out onto the deck. It's been quite a week for weather. We got lots of blowing snow last night - a good night to be in the house.

Stuart came here yesterday after the car issue and we get the audit done in under four hours. We were very thorough and did find some minor anomalies. You always have to find something when you audit! He's a nice guy but likes to talk off topic so I was glad to see him leave. I did not offer him lunch or he'd still be here.

Later this morning I'll hitch a ride into Athens to pick up my car. It was a battery cable that caused the problem. I teased the guys that they'd buggered it up when they installed my new wiper blades and they took me seriously! Too funny.

Book club tonight - DWARPS=Drinkers With A Reading Problem - which is always fun. The nursing home s is still closed due to illness so I won't have to do that dog evaluation again tomorrow. I love free weekends.

So TGIF! stay warm and cozy if you are wintered in. (My avatar is most appropriate this morning.)
Old 01-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! I'm glad your car problem was a minor one and that you'll be back to cruising very soon! I hope your weather starts improving! I was just saying yesterday, it will be so nice to start using our back door again. It has such a draft and is a big pain to keep blocking it back up again so we've just quit using it.

Kirk and I have both been up for quite awhile. He went to the shop and I got out the grooming shears and gave Bing a trim (feet, face and behind). He'll be glad to keep the rest of his winter coat for now. We take mom to Denver today so I'll buzz through some thrift stores, Costco and Whole Foods. Food is still on track so I won't be sampling today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #3  

Good Morning Beachies,

Yep, I will have a cup of coffee. I miss posting here, this thread keeps me more focused on my plan. I do read it always, just time fluies.

Ruth, I hear ya, it is truly winter here now too. Burr

Debbie my Abby missed her groomers appt, due to a late meeting I had, and she needs a trim bad, but in a way I am glad she didn't get it, because when I let her out, if she doesn't go right away, she starts freezing up and her legs won't move! So I need to trim up her face alittle and she should be good for a month yet. But yeah, she learns real quick, get out there and do your thing and come back in!

Hope everyone has a great day and yes, stays warm. Tonight is our juicier night, can't wait to see what we make to go along with dinner.

Take care, TGIF to you
Old 01-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruthie and Debbie! Your avatar is very appropriate for my house this morning, Ruth. We had a skiff of snow overnight that was just a sample of what to expect tonight and tomorrow. The weatherman just upped our forecast to 3 - 5". I'm looking forward to it, especially as it's happening on a weekend. That's perfect for me.

I guess I'd better run out and get groceries this morning and do any other errands that need doing. The grocery stores will probably be swamped, but at least it's mostly a work day for a lot of people and the kids are in school.

Glad you're joining us for coffee this morning, Chickadeee!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-20-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Debbie's avatar is more appropriate for us. I noticed this week that some of the forsythia is blooming. Crazy!

Ruth, I'm glad your car only had a minor problem.

Debbie, When I send Auston to the shower, I tell him every time, "Wash your feet, pits and privates!" He might forget.

Karen, Can't imagine having to 'do my thing' in sub zero weather.

Linda, When they say the word "snow", the grocery stores are nuts around here.

I am taking a 'mental health' day today. It has been a busy, emotional week, then my new boss decided to say we weren't getting enough work done. He can deal with the **** phone today! Of course, I may be sorry. Jeff is still working on the floors, so I'll be the gofer. It will be good not to sit all day and I need to clear my head.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Kitty vomit interfered with my carefully planned out morning so no time to stop now. We are off for follow-up appointments. hoping Julie will get the okay to add a little food by mouth. She really misses tasting things! I'll be back this afternoon
Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

WE HAVE SNOW!! WOOO HOOOO! Can you tell I'm excited!? The kids are now home with me, since school's been canceled (it's not that bad out, but they only had a 1/2 day...and a delay would give them 1 1/2 hours of school...SO not worth it! so canceled it is!)...although I think DD is going to a friends, and I'll bet DS will play with the neighbor boy on the hills.

For me, i need to make a cheesecake for tomorrow, and clean, clean, clean!! I haven't quite figured out a menu, since I really won't have time to make things. Ugh, guess I best get on that!!

Ruth - Glad the car was easily repaired!!
Debbie - Mmmm...betcha he looks handsome!! (bing...well, maybe the DH too!)
Chickadee- let us know what you make in the juicer!
Cottage - it was beautiful here last night. Enjoy!
Chelby - good for you, you need a day off! LOL...make sure you somehow get to relax a bit. How's the kitchen going?!

PS - EVERYONE should have a kitten like Walter!!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Jenn - Great idea! Or like spaghetti pie. I might try it again after all.

Ruth - What book did you read?

Debbie - I went to Costco yesterday myself and after I left decided my next trip must include me chewing gum! Or not be right before lunch.

chickadee - Poor Abby

Linda - I wonder if my son and his housemates are paying attention to the forecast! I'm getting so much better at not mothering long-distance but it doesn't stop me from thinking it all in my head!

Chelby - Enjoy your day.

Cyndi - I hope Julie gets good news.

Twynn - LOL. I bet the kids are excited.

Ruth's comment reminded me that I'm up next for my book club and suggesting one of the following 3: Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Locks, Room. Anyone read any of those?

Off to the gym with my mom today, then groceries, an errand with DH. This afternoon he has someone coming to give us and "energy audit" and it takes 3 hours! I'm thinking I won't like being stuck in the house with someone exploring every corner. I hope it isn't just going to be a sales pitch.

Have a great day, all.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am so glad its Friday, I am ready for a couple of days away from some of my staff lol have to deal with a couple of them today for poor choices they have both made.

For those with snow stay bundled up and warm- they are calling for freezing rain for rush hour for drive home, I may have to slide out of here early.

Gotta run have to get ready for my 8 a.m. call
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

HI all,
A late check in for me today as I could NOT get out of bed this morning! Getting ready to finish my foyer this weekend...I can't wait until that project is done. It will be a busy weekend, Saturday will be doing the foyer, Saturday night a friend is coming over, Sunday I assist at Sunday School and then LEAD Children's Chapel (terrifying), then I have acupuncture and a church dinner. OMG. Anyway, I'll make it all happen...today just work and then some painting in the evening, probably with some wine! Hope everyone has a great one...
Old 01-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!

Karen - have I told you lately that I love that you check the evening thread for those of us who post late??

I am just not functioning well as of late. I logged in all my food yesterday and ate 1400 cals, all OP for Ph 2 so I don't know what is up with my 3 pound weight gain. AND of course, still only getting 4 hours of sleep a night. I might start using an app on my phone to monitor it.

Anyway, had a meeting this AM and got to work late so I am off. be back later!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Good week - still at 163, but that is ok - no gain is a major victory!

Out of time, and not even the end of the day - hope to get on here this weekend and read everything I have missed.

Everyone be well!!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm back and still drinking coffee

Good news today, Julie can have some soft foods and lightly thick liquids (think V8 thick). She is really looking forward to tasting food again. She needs to gain some weight and rebuild muscle so I have some nuts and avocado to add to smoothies.

Karen- I started Room but it was too heavy for hospital reading. It's next on my list. Emma Donohue is one of my favorite authors.

Jenn - I definitely hold weight when I get less sleep. Unfortunately I also eat more when I'm tired. You know all the things to check when not losing. I bet the whoosh fairy is lying in wait for you. Hopefully she won't make you wait too long

Matilda - love the new avatar!

Twynn - good luck with the cheesecake

Be careful out there if you're getting any of the icy weather.

It's almost the weekend!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Great news on Julie, Cyndi!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Great news on Julie, Cyndi!