Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 1/20/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 1/20/12

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

bay316
01-20-2012, 03:38 AM
Well had my weigh in yesterday and thought I posted it on yesterday's chat, but could not find it. So will try again...lol. Down another 5.2 lbs, for a total of 29.2 lbs in 5 weeks. Must say I'm feeling pretty good about that. Never thought that I would really stick with it, but I have except for my cheats over Xmas. Hope everyone else had and had great losses as well!!!

Linden
01-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette
I'd like to live in a bubble so that once I'm over pneumonia, I never ever EVER catch it again x.x This is the worst feeling in the world! D; Today I can barely speak. Tomorrow I finally will be able to get my antibiotics. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get over this (it's regular pneumonia, not walking pneumonia), but it's disheartening that it could be a month or more. Then when I'm not sick anymore, my weight will likely go back up and I'll have to start all over ):

I am REALLY sorry this hit you right now. Anytime actually. But there are still lots of things you can do, however weak you are. Sit in the sun or take 2000 iu of Vitamin D and, better yet, both. Go for vegetables rather than fruit. You'll get a lot more Vitamin C from a red pepper, raw or cooked, than an orange or, heaven forbid, sweetened orange juice. Green peppers are almost as good and peppers are SO easy to prepare and snack on when you need something to chew and swallow. I'd make sure you get at least 100 fluid ounces of water a day. A little more won't hurt at all. If you want a really refreshing drink that will help your throat, put about 2 ounces of cider vinegar in 12 ounces of cold water and add some sea salt. Sip it and it will really help.

The point is, you still need good protein, more than ever, and the nutrients from green, yellow, and red vegetables. I'd forget the taboo on tomatoes for a while, if you like them. If you're still working, and I imagine you are, take it in small doses and try not to stress. Sure, I know. I've worked through pneumonia and bronchitis more than once in my life. And I'm now finished acting the mama.

Endless Dieter
01-20-2012, 05:06 AM
Well had my weigh in yesterday and thought I posted it on yesterday's chat, but could not find it. So will try again...lol. Down another 5.2 lbs, for a total of 29.2 lbs in 5 weeks. Must say I'm feeling pretty good about that. Never thought that I would really stick with it, but I have except for my cheats over Xmas. Hope everyone else had and had great losses as well!!!

great loss...

omgzitsmiranda
01-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Last night I was talking to wuv2bloved [Lisa] and I made a connection with my diet that blew my mind. Last week I had been using the EAS rtd shakes and I was fine [hunger wise] just ate when I needed to, but wasn't STARVING.

Last Sunday I switched to the body fortress powder and this whole past week all I've wanted to do is eat every. single. thing. Not really like pizza or something like that, just like ANYTHING; I didn't really care what it was.

I had 1 pack of the EAS rtd shakes left so I drank of those instead last night and I immediately felt better. I had just eaten dinner 45 minutes before that and was already HUNGRY [that's not a good sign] so I had chugged some water, did some laundry & chewed some gum.. nothing helped. Then I ate the rest of my cucumbers and drank even MORE water [I drink 5 a day, that's definitely NOT the problem] and I was still just hungry.

I drank the EAS shake & I immediately felt so full and nice lol. I really don't think it was just a psychological thing either because I wanted the powder to work so bad because I'm so cheap LOL. But, the minute I drank the shake I felt amazing, the hunger subsided. For the first time since Sunday I went to bed NOT hungry & woke up NOT hungry. Definitely going back to the EAS for GOOD!

Just had to share this <3

MustangMolly
01-20-2012, 08:25 AM
So last night I was going to have my last packet for the evening, the cappucino drink, but I had just drank 20 oz of water and the thought of drinking more liquid almost made me sick. I decided to try and make cupcakes with my cappucino packet and all I can say is YUM!!!! Here's the recipe:

1 egg white beaten till frothy but not stiff
about 1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 - 2 tsp of WF caramel syrup
1 cappucino packet

Preheat oven to 350: Beat the egg white until frothy but not stiff...it should still have a somewhat clear appearance, add the baking powder and mix well. Next add the cappucino mix (dry- NOT prepared to drink) mix as well as possible, then add 1 tsp of WF caramel syrup, the batter will be sticky and should be thicker than normal cake batter. If 1 tsp syrup was not enough add 1 more.

I baked mine in mini cupcake pans. I sprayed the pan with olive oil and baked them for 7 minutes. They puffed up like regular cup cakes and only fell a small amount after cooling. This made 7 mini cupcakes.

omgzitsmiranda
01-20-2012, 08:36 AM
So last night I was going to have my last packet for the evening, the cappucino drink, but I had just drank 20 oz of water and the thought of drinking more liquid almost made me sick. I decided to try and make cupcakes with my cappucino packet and all I can say is YUM!!!! Here's the recipe:

1 cappucino packet

Preheat oven to 350: Beat the egg white until frothy but not stiff...it should still have a somewhat clear appearance, add the baking powder and mix well. Next add the cappucino mix (dry- NOT prepared to drink) mix as well as possible, then add 1 tsp of WF caramel syrup, the batter will be sticky and should be thicker than normal cake batter. If 1 tsp syrup was not enough add 1 more.

I baked mine in mini cupcake pans. I sprayed the pan with olive oil and baked them for 7 minutes. They puffed up like regular cup cakes and only fell a small amount after cooling. This made 7 mini cupcakes.

Do these count as a restricted? Or non?

Lorilou
01-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Good morning fellow IPeeps :) Today is WI# 3 for me so I am a little nervous and excited all at the same time. I was slightly disappointed last week whent he scale didn't move but the body composition showed I lost 4.1 lbs of body fat and gained 4.1 lbs of lean muscle. I have been hanging on to that all week. I am keeping the faith and staying 100% OP no matter what!

Congrats on the WI and over all loss :carrot:

Icathinme
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Good morning all you other awesome peeps out there! (Sorry...new dose of motivation this morning, so I'm in a really, really good mood!) I made the zucchini chips last night, and they turned out awful! I can't figure out what I did wrong. Are they supposed to be crispy??? The only thing I can think of is that I don't have any parchment paper, so I sprayed my cookie sheet with olive oil. Should I have used wax paper or foil instead??? I really wanted them for this weekend! Help me! LOL

MustangMolly
01-20-2012, 09:03 AM

Non restricted because the cappucino drink is non restricted. :D

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 09:09 AM

This would be non restricted, same as the cappachino drink :)

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning at 7 feeling skinny!!......love that feeling, just got up going to do my yoga on the Wii with a few of the games i unlocked with my progress like the boxing, running/walking and the balancing and of course see if it says i have loss anything since wednesday! I'll report back when i am done!! :)

Renewing Myself
01-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Wuv - do you use your wii regularly? I have one and was thinking I should be doing the yoga and a few other things on it. I was going to a yoga class - which I need to get back to since I paid for 10 and have only used about 3 or 4.

MustangMolly
01-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Wuv, I just read your interview with Jordanna and it is wonderful. My very first thought was that your story needs to be on the IP website. I know it is still a story in progress, but what you have accomplished so far is truly inspirational.

wyo1963
01-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Good morning- I swear I saw my spare tire start to drive away today! I really havent measured anything, but my pants are looser! Yea! I feel great! I have been on my Gazelle (easy on the knees and ankles excercise equipment- cheap but works great) for 20 minutes a day since Jan 2. I have figured out how to use different muscle groups while on it. I have had mine in storage for the last 5 years, but I know I have seen used ones at second hand shops for cheap. Great for the winter months! Have a great day everyone and be a good looser!!! ha ha

Chuckles1330
01-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Good Morning! Woke up feeling pretty good today, so I think I've turned a corner in adjusting to the diet. WI#1 is tomorrow morning, excitedly nervous about seeing results.
Wuv - you are truly inspiring, and one of the reasons I decided to follow this plan - not just because of the results you have seen, but because of the positive attitude you share with everyone on this forum.
Mustang Molly - those cupcakes sound absolutely YUM! May have to make them for tomorrow when we are celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday and I will be faced with my first cake temptation.
TGIF everyone!

mamacitaof2
01-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY! I LOVE weekends! Hockey, Hockey Hockey! Story of my life in the winter! WI#4 this am and I am down another 7lbs! Super excited and an unexpected loss!

Congratulations to all the big "losers" out there and good luck to all weighing in today and this weekend!

Ishbel
01-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY! I LOVE weekends! Hockey, Hockey Hockey! Story of my life in the winter! WI#4 this am and I am down another 7lbs! Super excited and an unexpected loss!

Congratulations to all the big "losers" out there and good luck to all weighing in today and this weekend!

Awesome weigh in! :yay: :trampo:

I read your post and looked over to see where in Canada you were. LOL North Dakota is SO close to me! :) I'll wave the next time I go through!

leganegan
01-20-2012, 10:31 AM

1 cappucino packet

yum! I wonder if it would work with the Nashua Cappuccino I have... hmmmm

This would be non restricted, same as the cappachino drink :)

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning at 7 feeling skinny!!......love that feeling, just got up going to do my yoga on the Wii with a few of the games i unlocked with my progress like the boxing, running/walking and the balancing and of course see if it says i have loss anything since wednesday! I'll report back when i am done!! :)

You make me want to break out the Wii and use it more!! :yoga::barbell:

massconfusion84
01-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I have my 2nd WI today and Im super nervous...wish me luck! I will let you know the results

Icathinme
01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Good morning- I swear I saw my spare tire start to drive away today! I really havent measured anything, but my pants are looser! Yea! I feel great! I have been on my Gazelle (easy on the knees and ankles excercise equipment- cheap but works great) for 20 minutes a day since Jan 2. I have figured out how to use different muscle groups while on it. I have had mine in storage for the last 5 years, but I know I have seen used ones at second hand shops for cheap. Great for the winter months! Have a great day everyone and be a good looser!!! ha ha

LOVE IT! I can't wait for mine to drive a way! Hubby thinks it's smaller already, I think he's crazy! I can't tell a difference, but I know it will be coming very soon! I can't wait for my clothes to get too big...I need new clothes, but have been putting it off because I knew I was starting this program. I'm tired of holy pants, though!

EmilySebetka
01-20-2012, 10:52 AM
I have my 2nd WI today and Im super nervous...wish me luck! I will let you know the results

Your WI will be super awesome. Today feels like a day where 99% of everything will be awesome.

LOL, anyhoo... All the schools were canceled today because of the craploads of snow we're getting. My dad also stayed home, and is putting up our new kitchen cabinets! They're hickory with a natural finish and are so pretty! I can't wait until we're done working on our house. We're trying to get it sellable, or at least how our "forever home" should look. We've got a hole in the ceiling of one of our bathrooms for crying out loud. :lol:

My little sister Anna is really sick with the stomach flu, and my parents had to take her to the hospital because she was so dehydrated and weak. I am really hoping I don't get it. That would fail.

I hope you all have an amazing (and awesome) day!!!:goodvibes

heliosmommy
01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Good Morning, all. I hope everyone has a great day today.

I am very new to this site and mostly have been just reading all your posts. What great info! I just wanted to say I tried some of the recipes placed on this site recently and what a welcome change. I really feel like I can not only do this, but even enjoy it!:carrot: One question though, I made the flourless crepes this morning for my daughter and decided to have one instead of my IP pudding. Should I not have my regular dinner and have the pudding then instead or just go about the rest of the day as usual?

Thanks for all the info and inspiration.:D

heliosmommy
01-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Your WI will be super awesome. Today feels like a day where 99% of everything will be awesome.

LOL, anyhoo... All the schools were canceled today because of the craploads of snow we're getting. My dad also stayed home, and is putting up our new kitchen cabinets! They're hickory with a natural finish and are so pretty! I can't wait until we're done working on our house. We're trying to get it sellable, or at least how our "forever home" should look. We've got a hole in the ceiling of one of our bathrooms for crying out loud. :lol:

My little sister Anna is really sick with the stomach flu, and my parents had to take her to the hospital because she was so dehydrated and weak. I am really hoping I don't get it. That would fail.

Snow...what a distant memory. Seems like winter completely skipped us this year here in Dallas. A "little" snow would be a nice change. Congrats on your new cabinets...home improvement is so fun. Hope you have a great day.

omgzitsmiranda
01-20-2012, 11:18 AM
What should I eat for my restricted today? Garlic & onion soy nuts or chocolate soy balls? decisions, decisions ;)

salmongirl
01-20-2012, 11:34 AM

That is awesome! I have my first weigh in on tuesday, got my fingers crossed!

whirlygirl72
01-20-2012, 11:40 AM

1 cappucino packet

Thank you! ive been wondering how to make these. Is it ok to eat all seven? lol;)

mamacitaof2
01-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Awesome weigh in! :yay: :trampo:

I read your post and looked over to see where in Canada you were. LOL North Dakota is SO close to me! :) I'll wave the next time I go through!

We are close! I actually grew up in a small town an hour from the border. I think Winnepeg is about 1 or two away from there.

We play a lot of Canadians team for our tournaments. Granted we don't win, but we try!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Okay, I need some quick help. I don't have any IP packets and my doctor's office still closed due to our recent weather conditions. I made it through yesterday on some left over packets and only used two of them. Now all I have is a Jello left and a few RTDs. What should I do? I do not want all my work staying OP to be a waste and have to start over. I think we can make it to the local grocery store, (Safeway) but I haven't done much research of alternatives and am not sure what to get. I'm running on limited laptop battery since we're out of power (like the 275,000 others in my area). I just need some quick suggestions so I don't use up all the battery and daylight searching. Thanks you guys!

salmongirl
01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Today is day 8 for me and saying that makes me feel like a new mom again...soon I will be measuring in weeks not days but hopefully not years!

I drove to Missoula yesterday which is 3 hours away and didn't drink all my water because there are not that many bathrooms between Missoula and Salmon! I did stay on the program and found a new (for me ) recipe. Here it is:

1 cup chopped zuchinni (small pieces)
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 tbsp vinagrette (I used a homemade recipe I found on this website)

I put all ingredients in a baggy and let them marinate all day while I drove and it was yummy by dinner time.

Have a great day everyone!

mompattie
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
OMG!!! Someone here at work has a crockpot plugged in with a scalloped potatoe and ham casserole!!! The smell is making me crazy!!!! I've drank about a million liters of water and now I'm having green tea!!! It's easy to resist the food, I will not ever cheat, but the smell is making me hungry!!!! Argh!!!

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Wuv - do you use your wii regularly? I have one and was thinking I should be doing the yoga and a few other things on it. I was going to a yoga class - which I need to get back to since I paid for 10 and have only used about 3 or 4.
I have been using my Wii Daily doing the Yoga, stretching and Balancing. I have unlocked the boxing game and LOVE IT! I also have been weighing on it and in 2 days I loss 3.5lbs!

Wuv, I just read your interview with Jordanna and it is wonderful. My very first thought was that your story needs to be on the IP website. I know it is still a story in progress, but what you have accomplished so far is truly inspirational.
Thank you, I was very flattered that she asked to interview me and was very happy to share my story, I want people to know it works IF you stick to it and put your mind to it.

Good Morning! Woke up feeling pretty good today, so I think I've turned a corner in adjusting to the diet. WI#1 is tomorrow morning, excitedly nervous about seeing results.
Wuv - you are truly inspiring, and one of the reasons I decided to follow this plan - not just because of the results you have seen, but because of the positive attitude you share with everyone on this forum.
Mustang Molly - those cupcakes sound absolutely YUM! May have to make them for tomorrow when we are celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday and I will be faced with my first cake temptation.
TGIF everyone!
I am glad that I have helped you in some way and you are getting the results you want. It takes time but it is attainable! Just remember she will have a 91st birthday and I am sure she will be very proud of you for sticking to your plan and the success you have had thus far :)

You are ROCKING the losses...keep it up!

Good Morning, all. I hope everyone has a great day today.

I am very new to this site and mostly have been just reading all your posts. What great info! I just wanted to say I tried some of the recipes placed on this site recently and what a welcome change. I really feel like I can not only do this, but even enjoy it!:carrot: One question though, I made the flourless crepes this morning for my daughter and decided to have one instead of my IP pudding. Should I not have my regular dinner and have the pudding then instead or just go about the rest of the day as usual?

Thanks for all the info and inspiration.:D
Have the rest of your day as normal. Do not skip anything IP

Okay, I need some quick help. I don't have any IP packets and my doctor's office still closed due to our recent weather conditions. I made it through yesterday on some left over packets and only used two of them. Now all I have is a Jello left and a few RTDs. What should I do? I do not want all my work staying OP to be a waste and have to start over. I think we can make it to the local grocery store, (Safeway) but I haven't done much research of alternatives and am not sure what to get. I'm running on limited laptop battery since we're out of power (like the 275,000 others in my area). I just need some quick suggestions so I don't use up all the battery and daylight searching. Thanks you guys!
get EAS carb control shakes and a few pure protein bars or Atkin bars to tide you over til you get food

janniegoingdown
01-20-2012, 12:08 PM
OMG!!! Someone here at work has a crockpot plugged in with a scalloped potatoe and ham casserole!!! The smell is making me crazy!!!! I've drank about a million liters of water and now I'm having green tea!!! It's easy to resist the food, I will not ever cheat, but the smell is making me hungry!!!! Argh!!!

Oh my goodness, hang in there!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-20-2012, 12:09 PM
get EAS carb control shakes and a few pure protein bars or Atkin bars to tide you over til you get food[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Battery is about gone talk to you guys later! Hopefully soon when we get our power back...

sandralosingweight
01-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Last night I was talking to wuv2bloved [Lisa] and I made a connection with my diet that blew my mind. Last week I had been using the EAS rtd shakes and I was fine [hunger wise] just ate when I needed to, but wasn't STARVING.

Last Sunday I switched to the body fortress powder and this whole past week all I've wanted to do is eat every. single. thing. Not really like pizza or something like that, just like ANYTHING; I didn't really care what it was.

I had 1 pack of the EAS rtd shakes left so I drank of those instead last night and I immediately felt better. I had just eaten dinner 45 minutes before that and was already HUNGRY [that's not a good sign] so I had chugged some water, did some laundry & chewed some gum.. nothing helped. Then I ate the rest of my cucumbers and drank even MORE water [I drink 5 a day, that's definitely NOT the problem] and I was still just hungry.

I drank the EAS shake & I immediately felt so full and nice lol. I really don't think it was just a psychological thing either because I wanted the powder to work so bad because I'm so cheap LOL. But, the minute I drank the shake I felt amazing, the hunger subsided. For the first time since Sunday I went to bed NOT hungry & woke up NOT hungry. Definitely going back to the EAS for GOOD!

Just had to share this <3

Hello,

Can you please tell me how many grams of protein are there in the EAS shake V/S the powder?

sandralosingweight
01-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Good morning all you other awesome peeps out there! (Sorry...new dose of motivation this morning, so I'm in a really, really good mood!) I made the zucchini chips last night, and they turned out awful! I can't figure out what I did wrong. Are they supposed to be crispy??? The only thing I can think of is that I don't have any parchment paper, so I sprayed my cookie sheet with olive oil. Should I have used wax paper or foil instead??? I really wanted them for this weekend! Help me! LOL

Hehe! It is my story as well, I always get them mushy! Can't figure out how to make them crispy!

rissimo
01-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Hello,

Can you please tell me how many grams of protein are there in the EAS shake V/S the powder?

17 grams of protein in the EAS RTD shakes

NavyMommy
01-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Good morning!!

So I survived my first night away from home on IP and did really well. My daughter had an overnight sleep study done, so they weren't the ideal accommodations. Had I thought it through I would have packed RTD drinks instead of the powders, but I managed. The bathroom was all the way down the hall, and I felt so silly walking in and out a dozen times (plus all the times I had to pee!) to get my shakes to work and get everything cleaned up but I managed.

Got on the scale this morning when we got home and saw a number I haven't seen since before I was pregnant with my 20 month old. It was a very nice surprise (especially since it wasn't first thing in the morning!) but I'm not sharing until my official WI day Monday because we all know how these things can fluctuate.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

WTG!!! Awesome loss!!

Once you turn the corner your first week the whole diet just seems to fall into place (well it did for me at least). GL on your WI!

Ishbel
01-20-2012, 12:38 PM
We are close! I actually grew up in a small town an hour from the border. I think Winnepeg is about 1 or two away from there.

We play a lot of Canadians team for our tournaments. Granted we don't win, but we try!

We don't win ALL the time...did you watch the juniors? Poor kids, people are hard on them...I kept yelling at the TV (and facebook) GUYS, THEY ARE ONLY 17!!! GIVE THEM A BREAK! lol

Ok, I once saw a response similar to this post (at the beginning of my journey). I printed it off and it still hangs on my desk.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT! It will probably make you feel bloated and could give you diarrhea!

Hope that helps! lol

heliosmommy
01-20-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure what I'm not doing right, but I keep posting messages that seem to disappear once I log off. :o( and I have so many questions to ask and things to say...lol...I'm so challenged.

TracyAWC
Happy Friday everyone!

In the middle of my TOM so scale didn't move at my WI today - although I did somehow manage to lose 2 1/4 inches so I will happily take that - especially since arm fat is FINALLY starting to move in the right direction :)

Hope everyone has great WIs - they've been inspirational so far - and a great weekend!!!

Pamelama

NOT WAX! It will melt in oven. :o Zucchini is full of water which is probably why your chips were not crispy.
I've never made the chips but when I shred zucchini to add to a recipe I always squeeze out the moisture first. You might try putting the on paper towels layered and put a heavy plate over them to reduce some of the moisture. FYI, you might want to try turnip chips too. They get really crispy and aren't full of water to start with.

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure what I'm not doing right, but I keep posting messages that seem to disappear once I log off. :o( and I have so many questions to ask and things to say...lol...I'm so challenged.

Well this one came out right so ask away....lol

mamacitaof2
01-20-2012, 12:52 PM
We don't win ALL the time...did you watch the juniors? Poor kids, people are hard on them...I kept yelling at the TV (and facebook) GUYS, THEY ARE ONLY 17!!! GIVE THEM A BREAK! lol

Ok, I once saw a response similar to this post (at the beginning of my journey). I printed it off and it still hangs on my desk.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT! It will probably make you feel bloated and could give you diarrhea!

Hope that helps! lol

Fisrt of all - LOVE the suggestion; second of all - my guy is a little younger...10 next week actually and only in his 2nd year of hockey. The important thing is that he likes to play and has fun doing it, win or lose! It's a sport I've grown to love. We were football, basketball and baseball until two years ago.

MustangMolly
01-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Thank you! ive been wondering how to make these. Is it ok to eat all seven? lol;)

You can eat them all because it is made with just one packet of the cappucino.

heliosmommy
01-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Have the rest of your day as normal. Do not skip anything IP

YAY!.. Thanks for the response. I guess I did post it right. I'm so excited.

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Fisrt of all - LOVE the suggestion; second of all - my guy is a little younger...10 next week actually and only in his 2nd year of hockey. The important thing is that he likes to play and has fun doing it, win or lose! It's a sport I've grown to love. We were football, basketball and baseball until two years ago.
I miss my boys playing hockey, they both played Ice and Roller hockey. YES we have ICE hockey down here....lol...we used to have an ECHL team but now its a SPHL team. I used to be a season ticket holder when we were the Mississippi Seawolves but really don't like this league. We are now the Mississippi Surge....way different game now!

I have updated my profile pic with progress pics as of today, if anyone would like to see the changes

nicoledaponte1
01-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Hello Everyone!!

I have fell in love with Ideal Protien! So i decided to come on here and share my love! I am a 23 year old woman who has never been overweight until the last 2 years. I started this program about a month ago at a starting weight of 190 lbs...(eeekkk). I am now down to 168.2! I am planning my first victory goal to have a total weight loss of 40 pounds by Valentines Day! About 18 more pounds to go! My overall goal weight is to be 120 pounds ( i am only 5 foot 1 so this is a practical goal weight for me). I am very excited to share everything positive that I can and to have great feedback from everyone!!

Also just curious how do you get those weight loss countdown timeline??? I hope everyone has an amazing day! keep up the good work!

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Hello Everyone!!

I have fell in love with Ideal Protien! So i decided to come on here and share my love! I am a 23 year old woman who has never been overweight until the last 2 years. I started this program about a month ago at a starting weight of 190 lbs...(eeekkk). I am now down to 168.2! I am planning my first victory goal to have a total weight loss of 40 pounds by Valentines Day! About 18 more pounds to go! My overall goal weight is to be 120 pounds ( i am only 5 foot 1 so this is a practical goal weight for me). I am very excited to share everything positive that I can and to have great feedback from everyone!!

Also just curious how do you get those weight loss countdown timeline??? I hope everyone has an amazing day! keep up the good work!

Welcome and congrats on your success so far. You don't get a ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days and have made 20 post :)

Pamelama
01-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Had a few dietary challenges last night but made it thru!:)

Took my daughter to see the play Our Town, starring Helen Hunt, in Los Angeles (Santa Monica) last night. It was really great!

The challenge was finding a place to eat that was IP friendly, gluten free (for my daughter) and wouldn't break the bank. I figured, it's LA! There are a lot of choices there! Wrong!:(. We ended up at Chipotle, a healthy Mexican fast food place. I ordered a salad with romaine lettuce, double chicken, grilled green bell peppers & onions (I picked those out) and some diced tomatoes. Didn't even need dressing it was really tasty. Couldn't finish all the veggies either, I was stuffed! Lesson, always pack something as a back up plan! :)

JULIGAL21
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM

YAY that is awesome!!! Great job!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us :)

nicoledaponte1
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome and congrats on your success so far. You don't get a ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days and have made 20 post :)

Thank you!!!!

northernfawn
01-20-2012, 01:26 PM

1 cappucino packet

these sound devine, I'll have to try when I get my capuccino drink mix...thanks for sharing

northernfawn
01-20-2012, 01:28 PM

amazing WI well done!:carrot:

JULIGAL21
01-20-2012, 01:35 PM

1 cappucino packet

That... sounds... AWESOME!!!! What a great evening snack :) I will definitely try, I think with my blueberry packets... hoping they'll turn out like blueberry muffins! Thanks for sharing :)

trimup2day
01-20-2012, 01:38 PM
These sound delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Question - can we have these on phase one with the baking powder?

1 cappucino packet

JULIGAL21
01-20-2012, 01:40 PM
TGIF everyone!

Hi Chuckles! Sounds like we started very close to the same time, I started this Monday and have not yet turned that corner... hoping I hit ketosis today! Usually only takes me 3-4 days and here I am on #5. We shall see.

My first WI is on Monday. Good luck with yours tmw!!

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 01:43 PM
These sound delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Question - can we have these on phase one with the baking powder?

YES you can still have this on Phase 1

lindac36
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
FOR EVERYONE WONDERING ABOUT CRISPY VEGGIE BAKES:
http://www.helium.com/items/1447708-how-to-make-vegetable-chips

MaMaZu
01-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Had a few dietary challenges last night but made it thru!:)

Took my daughter to see the play Our Town, starring Helen Hunt, in Los Angeles (Santa Monica) last night. It was really great!

The challenge was finding a place to eat that was IP friendly, gluten free (for my daughter) and wouldn't break the bank. I figured, it's LA! There are a lot of choices there! Wrong!:(. We ended up at Chipotle, a healthy Mexican fast food place. I ordered a salad with romaine lettuce, double chicken, grilled green bell peppers & onions (I picked those out) and some diced tomatoes. Didn't even need dressing it was really tasty. Couldn't finish all the veggies either, I was stuffed! Lesson, always pack something as a back up plan! :)

Thanks for the Chipotle suggestion, we have them here in San Diego as well.

lindac36
01-20-2012, 01:55 PM
FOR EVERYONE WONDERING ABOUT CRISPY VEGGIE BAKES:
http://www.helium.com/items/1447708-how-to-make-vegetable-chips

Oops, didn't mean to yell, sorry. I haven't tried to make the crispy chips yet, but, will definitely try some time this weekeknd

Gardengurl71
01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Happy Friday everyone :) I am stuck here at home for the second day due to weather...no school. I miss my first graders, however the house looks sparkling. My daughter is at her dad's this week....so with no work and no kiddo, I am a bit lonely:) In the past, I would spend my alone time eating. Then, I would be in a carbo coma and have no energy to do anything. I am happy to say that although I have cabin fever---I am OP and love feeling in control:)

Have a great weekend everyone !!!!!

whirlygirl72
01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
ok, so i went out to eat for lunch today... and i did my best to find something OP. I ate spicy Thai Larb Salad w/grilled chicken. How does this look? Legal?
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/4 (142g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 136
Calories from Fat 13.5
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1.5g
2%
Saturated Fat 0.4g
2%
Cholesterol 65mg
21%
Sodium 597mg
24%
Total Carbohydrate 2.6g
0%
Dietary Fiber 0.4g
1%
Sugars 0.6g

Protein 26.9g
53%

massconfusion84
01-20-2012, 02:09 PM

you were right it was amazing I lost 4 lbs and she measured me today and I have lost 20 inches alltogether! WOOHOO

lindac36
01-20-2012, 02:11 PM
you were right it was amazing I lost 4 lbs and she measured me today and I have lost 20 inches alltogether! WOOHOO

Wow, way to go!

trimup2day
01-20-2012, 02:15 PM
YES you can still have this on Phase 1

Thanks Lisa, you're awesome!!!

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 02:17 PM
ok, so i went out to eat for lunch today... and i did my best to find something OP. I ate spicy Thai Larb Salad w/grilled chicken. How does this look? Legal?
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/4 (142g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 136
Calories from Fat 13.5
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1.5g
2%
Saturated Fat 0.4g
2%
Cholesterol 65mg
21%
Sodium 597mg
24%
Total Carbohydrate 2.6g
0%
Dietary Fiber 0.4g
1%
Sugars 0.6g

Protein 26.9g
53%
This says for a 1/4 of a serving, how many servings did you eat? that is a lot of sodium for only 1/4 of a serving. Doesn't look like you did too bad if you only had one serving

AWESOME!!!....congrats on that WI....amazing how it just melts off isn't it? IF you follow the program it WORKS!!!...there is no need to stress or worry, it does its own magic when you follow it :)

massconfusion84
01-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes it really is amazing how fast its coming off. I dont know why I was worried I never cheated. My husband and I are booking a trip to Hawaii in June and I would loooove to be in a bikini when we go if this keeps up I will definitley meet that goal. SUPER excited!

whirlygirl72
01-20-2012, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4181198]This says for a 1/4 of a serving, how many servings did you eat? that is a lot of sodium for only 1/4 of a serving. Doesn't look like you did too bad if you only had one serving

yeah, it was just one serving.

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4181198]This says for a 1/4 of a serving, how many servings did you eat? that is a lot of sodium for only 1/4 of a serving. Doesn't look like you did too bad if you only had one serving

yeah, it was just one serving.

I think you made a good choice :)

Angelique06
01-20-2012, 02:36 PM
I haven't been able to get on the site this week, it kept giving me an error message, but I'm back on today :D. Had my WI #14 this morning (did not WI last week due to daughter with stomach flu) and I lost 6lbs :D:carrot::D:carrot: I can almost taste Onderland!!
We had temperatures with the windchill to the -42C, still not quite as cold as our neighbours to the North. We are now getting ready for our Chinook and the temp will go up by 40 degrees, can I say Migraine!!
Onto Week 15!!

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 02:39 PM
I haven't been able to get on the site this week, it kept giving me an error message, but I'm back on today :D. Had my WI #14 this morning (did not WI last week due to daughter with stomach flu) and I lost 6lbs :D:carrot::D:carrot: I can almost taste Onderland!!
We had temperatures with the windchill to the -42C, still not quite as cold as our neighbours to the North. We are now getting ready for our Chinook and the temp will go up by 40 degrees, can I say Migraine!!
Onto Week 15!!

GREAT JOB!!!....I was just thinking today I had not seen you around and was going to ask your sister about you. Glad to see you are nearing onderland and staying OP!

Angelique06
01-20-2012, 02:44 PM
GREAT JOB!!!....I was just thinking today I had not seen you around and was going to ask your sister about you. Glad to see you are nearing onderland and staying OP!

Thank you!! I don't think our internet likes the extreme cold... Yvette started stage 4, so she will be my "expert" once I arrive there too, lol.

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you!! I don't think our internet likes the extreme cold... Yvette started stage 4, so she will be my "expert" once I arrive there too, lol.
Awesome, that is how my mom is...she is experimenting with all sorts of things so that way when I get there she will be able to help me out and give me tricks and tips:)

purple sky
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Happy Friday everyone :) I am stuck here at home for the second day due to weather...no school. I miss my first graders, however the house looks sparkling. My daughter is at her dad's this week....so with no work and no kiddo, I am a bit lonely:) In the past, I would spend my alone time eating. Then, I would be in a carbo coma and have no energy to do anything. I am happy to say that although I have cabin fever---I am OP and love feeling in control:)

That's awesome. Energy makes you feel alive again, not checked out. I had no idea how and what I was eating was so completely and totally zapping me of energy and motivation. I am off coffee now (my choice since before the diet) and to be awake and functioning without caffeine was almost unheard of. I hear the energy gets better. I am still tired sometimes but not checked out anymore like I was. So thankful for this experience and fellow IPers.

Ishbel
01-20-2012, 03:17 PM

I grew up on it but really only watch Olympic Hockey. I get too caught up in it and I don't think I could do that every year. Every four years is better! lol. Also, I'm more addicted to Canadian football anyway. They are cute when they are learning, I always compare the 4 year old's to a swarm of mosquitoes following the puck. My nephew (10) loves it too (6 year old niece plays it too!). My gf just posted a picture on facebook of her 8 year old "here he is for his first penalty". He looked so little in the penalty box. :)

Welcome back Angelique, I too was thinking "I wonder where Yvette's sister went". Glad to see you're back. Good weigh in! :)

ShanCo
01-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Just went grocery shopping and am going to try a recipe I found on here for buffalo chicken burgers, I'm also going to get really advernterous and try a grilled portabella for my "bun"...any advice on making that taste great? :) It's not really BBQ weather so I'm going to have to use the Foreman grill.

ShanCo
01-20-2012, 03:33 PM

Hey there...I just noticed your location...I'm from the Tri-Cities too! Crazy weather huh? Stuck at home as well, makes it hard as I'm a boredom eater...doing good though! Nice to meet you :)

DanafromAustin
01-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Some great weight losses today.

It's been a couple of crazy days here. I was rear ended the other night and that car pushed my car when he hit me into the car in front of me (we were stopped at a red light). So lots of damage on both ends of my car. Fortunately no one was injured, just a little black and blue, but nothing that won't heal. Then I got a call regarding some bad health news about my SIL. I'm very sad right now, but trying to hold it together. Rather than eating my normal comfort foods like I would have in the old days when I was stressed, I went to the gym to work out instead. Life happens, but I'm still taking care of me so I can be there to take care of others.

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 04:03 PM

It's been a couple of crazy days here. I was rear ended the other night and that car pushed my car when he hit me into the car in front of me (we were stopped at a red light). So lots of damage on both ends of my car. Fortunately no one was injured, just a little black and blue, but nothing that won't heal. Then I got a call regarding some bad health news about my SIL. I'm very sad right now, but trying to hold it together. Rather than eating my normal comfort foods like I would have in the old days when I was stressed, I went to the gym to work out instead. Life happens, but I'm still taking care of me so I can be there to take care of others.

Sorry for all of your bad new Dana, Hang in there, take care of yourself:hug:

Shemsham
01-20-2012, 04:06 PM
So weigh-in #2 today and down 5.2 lbs yahoo.
I totally spaced asking my dr about the capella flavor drops - they are 0 - 0 - 0 so I'm guessing they are ok, does anyone on here use them? http://capellaflavordrops.com/

~ Tammy

DanafromAustin
01-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Sorry for all of your bad new Dana, Hang in there, take care of yourself:hug:

Thank you Lisa, I needed that :hug: right about now. Just taking it one day at a time.

bedheadred
01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Good afternoon everyone!! You are all doing GREAT :cheer2: and the support on the site is amazing!
I am still very much a newbie... My second WI is tomorrow. First weigh in I was down 7 lbs I started at 146 and I am 5'4 40 years old and I have an auto-immune condition (lupus - that continues to wreak havoc in my life and body) with age,stress, steroids etc.. my weight went up.
I am freaking out "my" regular old bathroom scale looks like maybe I am down 1-2lbs depending when I step on (however my clothes are feeling loose)!! I am not allowed any restricted foods yet and am following the plan... NOT CHEATING!! My motivation is not only to look good and be comfortable in my skin but Ideal Protein has been said to help patients with auto-immune diseases and lupus has stole my life I want my life back so my heart is in this 150%... Anyone else experience this? Am I burning fat and maintaining muscle?? I know I should wait until my weigh in on the $2000.00 scale but just nervous and hate to feel like I'm failing.....

Linden
01-20-2012, 04:23 PM

Among other reasons, this is probably why people like you so much. :crossed:

Angelique06
01-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Welcome back Angelique, I too was thinking "I wonder where Yvette's sister went". Glad to see you're back. Good weigh in! :)

Thank you! I haven't gone too far, just couldn't access the site. I've been hibernating in the bitter cold! Warming up to plus 4C tomorrow though, a 40 Degree change is just crazy, but so like Calgary!!

lingereverywhere
01-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Hi everyone and all my fellow newbies! I'm on day 11 now and really happy with IP. I've been reading these boards obsessively since I found them a couple days before I started -- so grateful for them! I'm semi- doing this on my own. My brother runs an IP clinic through his chiropractic office in the States so I get the products and any coaching I want through him -- but I'm in Canada (Calgary -- shout out to my fellow IPeepsicles here! :shocksn:) so the day-to-day is on my own. Also the weigh-ins: 8.2 lbs gone so far, by my own cheap scale! Which I'll just have to go with cuz it's all I have -- the numbers are only part of what I'm after anyway.

Honestly, though, it's the people here who have inspired me to do this program right, go all-in, and answered more questions than I knew I even had. I'm even *very cautiously* optimistic.

Ideal Protein has been said to help patients with auto-immune diseases and lupus has stole my life I want my life back so my heart is in this 150%...

Bedheadred: Would you be able to direct me towards information about this? I have an auto-immune condition too (Sjogren's Syndrome) and I would love to know more about how people like us do on diet programs like this. Not just to have a heads up for things I should be careful about or on the lookout for, but also hey, if it's helpful in disease management that will be a massive help for upping motivation on days when I need it.

DanafromAustin
01-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Among other reasons, this is probably why people like you so much. :crossed:
Linden- thank you so much for your very kind words. It means a lot.

Angelique06
01-20-2012, 05:14 PM
@ Wuv

Just read some of yesterday's daily thread, WOOT WOOT, XL!!! That is AWESOMELY AMAZING!! Congrats!!

Angelique06
01-20-2012, 05:17 PM

It's been a couple of crazy days here. I was rear ended the other night and that car pushed my car when he hit me into the car in front of me .

I am so glad to hear no one was seriously injured. I really like what you said about taking care of yourself, so you can take care of others (familly).

bedheadred
01-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi everyone and all my fellow newbies! I'm on day 11 now and really happy with IP. I've been reading these boards obsessively since I found them a couple days before I started -- so grateful for them! I'm semi- doing this on my own. My brother runs an IP clinic through his chiropractic office in the States so I get the products and any coaching I want through him -- but I'm in Canada (Calgary -- shout out to my fellow IPeepsicles here! :shocksn:) so the day-to-day is on my own. Also the weigh-ins: 8.2 lbs gone so far, by my own cheap scale! Which I'll just have to go with cuz it's all I have -- the numbers are only part of what I'm after anyway.

Honestly, though, it's the people here who have inspired me to do this program right, go all-in, and answered more questions than I knew I even had. I'm even *very cautiously* optimistic.

Bedheadred: Would you be able to direct me towards information about this? I have an auto-immune condition too (Sjogren's Syndrome) and I would love to know more about how people like us do on diet programs like this. Not just to have a heads up for things I should be careful about or on the lookout for, but also hey, if it's helpful in disease management that will be a massive help for upping motivation on days when I need it.

I will get the information any links etc... from my Rheumatologist. She is actually the one who suggested I start IP and it is done through her office. She has several Lupus patients feeling GREAT and coming off many medications if not all. Very exciting!

newmom7611
01-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Hello again--- well as much as i didn't wanna go "alternative" I just had to (partially). I bought a big bag of the EAS protein powder to sub one or two of my IP meals. Is anyone familiar with this particular powder?

happy2bme1
01-20-2012, 05:34 PM

loads of luck. you will do great!

lingereverywhere
01-20-2012, 05:36 PM
I will get the information any links etc... from my Rheumatologist. She is actually the one who suggested I start IP and it is done through her office. She has several Lupus patients feeling GREAT and coming off many medications if not all. Very exciting!

That is awesome, thank you! I can't wait to read up on it!

EmilySebetka
01-20-2012, 05:38 PM
1 cappucino packet

A couple of questions on this: Is there any substitute for the caramel syrup? Can these be made in a microwave or with a regular cupcake pan?

MaMaZu
01-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Good afternoon everyone!! You are all doing GREAT :cheer2: and the support on the site is amazing!
I am still very much a newbie... My second WI is tomorrow. First weigh in I was down 7 lbs I started at 146 and I am 5'4 40 years old and I have an auto-immune condition (lupus - that continues to wreak havoc in my life and body) with age,stress, steroids etc.. my weight went up.
I am freaking out "my" regular old bathroom scale looks like maybe I am down 1-2lbs depending when I step on (however my clothes are feeling loose)!! I am not allowed any restricted foods yet and am following the plan... NOT CHEATING!! My motivation is not only to look good and be comfortable in my skin but Ideal Protein has been said to help patients with auto-immune diseases and lupus has stole my life I want my life back so my heart is in this 150%... Anyone else experience this? Am I burning fat and maintaining muscle?? I know I should wait until my weigh in on the $2000.00 scale but just nervous and hate to feel like I'm failing.....

I have a very good friend with lupus who would also be interested in any info you could send; thanks in advance!

Mkssweetie
01-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Chuckles! Sounds like we started very close to the same time, I started this Monday and have not yet turned that corner... hoping I hit ketosis today! Usually only takes me 3-4 days and here I am on #5. We shall see.

My first WI is on Monday. Good luck with yours tmw!!

I am waiting turn thew corner too I started on 1/6/2012 and have had a couple of off program days. How do you know when you are in ketosis? Last time I did this diet i used the sticks that you pee on to check for ketones but really never got a very dark or high ketone reading. I have no idea how to tell other than that. sorry if this is a silly question?:?:

tenniels
01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Happy Friday ladies! Sounds like you're all doing so well!!! Congrats on the losses to everyone who has lost!! (Wuv- I love your new profile picture, you're just glowing!!!) This weekend should be interesting for me, it's only my second weekend OP and my boyfriend and I are going visiting friends. I know they will be drinking and eating the night away. I plan on having my water bottle, some tea, and Southwest curls with me so I don't feel deprived. I know it's worth it, so I'll stick with it. The social situations are what I'm finding difficult. I know these kind of get togethers shouldn't be based on food, but in our culture they tend to be. I have a lot of "bad" habits to be broken of I guess!

frazzledmom04
01-20-2012, 06:04 PM
I did it!!!!! I made it to the big 6 0!!! 3 lbs lost today which puts me at exactly 60 lbs in just under 4 months.!!!! I can't be more happier with my progress.
Congrats to everyone else who had SV and NSV's today!

tenniels
01-20-2012, 06:06 PM

Hang in there. I know its hard when everything seems to be going wrong. Great job going to the gym though, it takes a lot of strength to stick with program when life is dragging you down. Chin up.

Hehehe peepsicles!!!! I'm in Alberta and in the deep freeze as well, here's to the warm up that's on its way!!!!

tenniels
01-20-2012, 06:08 PM
I did it!!!!! I made it to the big 6 0!!! 3 lbs lost today which puts me at exactly 60 lbs in just under 4 months.!!!! I can't be more happier with my progress.

Way to friggin go girl!!!!! How inspiring!!!!! :carrot:

Angelique06
01-20-2012, 06:09 PM

:congrat: Awesome Job!!

alaskastarr
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM

:hug: Awww Dana :( I'm sorry you're going through all these issues I know they aren't easy. We're all here rooting for you to keep going and doing this for yourself. Love that this forum helps us through the good AND bad times so we can stay OP. Take care of yourself!

Bedheadred :) Sounds like you're doing really well on this plan and I hope that it helps with the lupus. I learn something new every day :) I had not heard about this helping people who suffer with lupus. It is my understanding that you are burning fat :) and maintaining muscle. I have to admit I cheated about weighing the first week and peeked a few times :o but I am trying really hard not to make it a habit as our weights will fluctuate with TOM and time of the day we weigh etc. Don't be nervous. As others have said on the forums if you do this 100% YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT!! :D and I grin because I'm finding each week it's TRUE!!!! YAY!!!

alaskastarr
01-20-2012, 06:37 PM
:cb: So excited that I lost 3 more pounds on my WI#2....but kinda wanna :frypan: my hubby 'cause he's a man ;) and he lost 5 pounds lol ... he knows I realize that he will lose more weight faster because he is a man, but it's soooo frustrating to be doing the same thing and to lose less each week!!! But I have to say if you add it up I have lost 11 pounds in TWO WEEKS!!! That is just amazing to me. I will take it!!! :D

purple sky
01-20-2012, 06:49 PM
:cb: So excited that I lost 3 more pounds on my WI#2....but kinda wanna :frypan: my hubby 'cause he's a man ;) and he lost 5 pounds lol ... he knows I realize that he will lose more weight faster because he is a man, but it's soooo frustrating to be doing the same thing and to lose less each week!!! But I have to say if you add it up I have lost 11 pounds in TWO WEEKS!!! That is just amazing to me. I will take it!!! :D

LOL! I don't know if this makes you feel any better but DH lost 14lbs week one and I lost 1.8. Yes, 1.8. We did and ate the exact same things. I knew he was going to lose more than I did but I did not expect that much of a difference. 1.8 and 14. And he's still dropping. We each have a different amount to lose but the same percentage.

alaskastarr
01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
LOL! I don't know if this makes you feel any better but DH lost 14lbs week one and I lost 1.8. Yes, 1.8. We did and ate the exact same things. I knew he was going to lose more than I did but I did not expect that much of a difference. 1.8 and 14. And he's still dropping. We each have a different amount to lose but the same percentage.

Honestly just gets frustrating :tantrum: :censored: sometimes as a woman to see that happen...it's not that I'm not happy for him, because I was getting scared for him, he was having all kinds of medical issues, but it's all gone away in the past two weeks thanks to IP. And to be truthful, I just wanna find a reason to use all these fun :flow1: emoticons :twirly: lol :lol:

JellyMae87
01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
OMG. WHAT A WEEK!! I am so ready to go back to normal living!! Anyways the weather channel's website has a pretty nice looking slide show of what we have been going through, here in Western WA... a

Anyways. I have been OP the whole time. Car was stocked with bars and RTD shakes just in case I got stranded!!

Gardengurl71
01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey there...I just noticed your location...I'm from the Tri-Cities too! Crazy weather huh? Stuck at home as well, makes it hard as I'm a boredom eater...doing good though! Nice to meet you :)

Hi :) nice to meet you too! I did finally venture out but had trouble getting up my driveway...shovel shovel shovel and I made it at last! HavE a great weekend!

Gardengurl71
01-20-2012, 07:59 PM
I am in search of the pudding "cake" recipe and the "cookies"....I tried searching for them and looking in recipes...no luck. I would be very appreciative if anyone has the recipes at their fingertips :) thank you!!!!

gs463
01-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Well I had WI#2 today lost 1.6 lbs but it's a loss. That makes 5.6 lbs in two weeks. I'm a little frustraighted because I cannot figure out why I am losing so slow on this diet. I have always been a slow loser but I though IP would be the answer. I drink so much water I feel like I might float away. I am going to hang in there because at this point I have not cravings and just not having soda in 14 days is amazing to me.

Wuvs Mom
01-20-2012, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=sandralosingweight;4180982]Hello,

Thanks :) They have `17 grams of protein in the Advant EDGE carb contol chocolate drink. I hope this helps!

Pamelama
01-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Homemade roasted chicken, turnip chips and flavored sparkling water for dinner. Yum!

newmom7611
01-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Just had the EAS powder protein for the first time for my snack. Wow-- what a let down. I didn't expect it to be as good as the IP chocolate drink, but geez-- not even ClOSE! I bought a 5 lb bag too... Ugh. IP really does spoil me

Jag23
01-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I am day 16 and I can't believe how different I truely feel. I am working lots of night shifts and feel so rested. I really thought about that last night. The energy I have is awesome. I was thinking its cause my partner is in Mexico and I'm home alone,and sleeping more than I usually do,but I honestly believe its the ID programn. I have no craving,cookies and chips,crackers and cheese at work and I NEVER take any of it. Today when I woke up I felt"skinny"!!!! I have not felt this wonderful in years,and even feels bones ! SO excited.....My honey is going to be so surprised when I get to Mexico in 3 weeks. New cloths planning and something totally sexy for Valentine's in Mexico!!!!!

MaMaZu
01-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Week 2 Weigh-In, down 7.5 lbs!!!! NSV, saw my reflection in a window this week and didn't look away.
Thanks for all the support and awesome encouragement on this site and have a great weekend!

JULIGAL21
01-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Week 2 Weigh-In, down 7.5 lbs!!!! NSV, saw my reflection in a window this week and didn't look away.
Thanks for all the support and awesome encouragement on this site and have a great weekend!

congrats!!! I am SOOO excited and looking forward to that moment! I have always been tall and slim but I have RA and after 6 months of oral steroids a few years ago found myself obese. I have pretty much been in denial about it and just avoid mirrors and photos - I still feel like my skinny beautiful self lol! Can't wait til the mirror shows that as well :) I feel bad because we have like 2 family photos from the last 2 years because I just didn't want to face reality or want any evidence that I was ever at this weight. Looking forward to LOTS of family photos starting this summer :)

Tammywhiz
01-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Wow you are having awesome results. I had a good week 1, (7 pounds) but not so great week 2 (0.2)

Any tips ?

Tammywhiz
01-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Well I had WI#2 today lost 1.6 lbs but it's a loss. That makes 5.6 lbs in two weeks. I'm a little frustraighted because I cannot figure out why I am losing so slow on this diet. I have always been a slow loser but I though IP would be the answer. I drink so much water I feel like I might float away. I am going to hang in there because at this point I have not cravings and just not having soda in 14 days is amazing to me.

Hi,

I know how you feel. I too am usually a slow loser. I had a great week last week (-7), but this week although I stuck to the plan I only lost .2 lbs. A loss but not quite what I was expecting. Hang in there, everyone seems to be having amazing results...maybe we are just slow starters !

MaMaZu
01-20-2012, 09:28 PM
congrats!!! I am SOOO excited and looking forward to that moment! I have always been tall and slim but I have RA and after 6 months of oral steroids a few years ago found myself obese. I have pretty much been in denial about it and just avoid mirrors and photos - I still feel like my skinny beautiful self lol! Can't wait til the mirror shows that as well :) I feel bad because we have like 2 family photos from the last 2 years because I just didn't want to face reality or want any evidence that I was ever at this weight. Looking forward to LOTS of family photos starting this summer :)

I also have a auto-immune disorder(fibromyalgia) that has wreaked havoc with my weight, to say nothing about what all the meds do. There is a carb-intolerance associated with it as well, so basically this is the only way I can lose the weight.
Let's all keep hanging in there together.

Junetwin11
01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Surviving on phase 3. Maintained my 147 lbs. Breakfasts are alot. Been home this week, Had holidays to use up. I love shopping now :) Found a pair of jeans...reg $184 " the second hand store for $4.39...ssssizzzlin :),3nice springy t-shirts and I bought a summer dress today all for under $25. Yahoo :)

bedheadred
01-20-2012, 10:09 PM
I have a very good friend with lupus who would also be interested in any info you could send; thanks in advance!

Absolutely I will get all the info my rheumy has and will be happy to share. I am very optimistic and confident this is the answer for me (finally)... Lupus has wreaked havoc on myself and my loving family way too long!! Your friend is in my prayers it is an awful disease...:hug:

zzsmom
01-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Welcod congrats on your success so far. You don't get a ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days and have made 20 post :)

Thanks WUV! I didn't know that either!

mtnsun4
01-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Finally able to post! I have been so busy yesterday and today. I wanted to share that I have been on IP for 8 days, and yesterday had my first week weigh in! I lost 8 lbs! Now, I understand a lot of that weight is water weight but I am feeling good, lost inches, and hoping for a good loss my second week. My goal is at least 3 lbs. We will see what happens!

Want to say a big thank you to everyone for sharing their challenges and successes! You are all very inspirational to me!

salmongirl
01-20-2012, 10:56 PM

That is awesome and inspiring! Way to go!

wuv2bloved
01-20-2012, 11:02 PM
OMG. WHAT A WEEK!! I am so ready to go back to normal living!! Anyways the weather channel's website has a pretty nice looking slide show of what we have been going through, here in Western WA... a

Anyways. I have been OP the whole time. Car was stocked with bars and RTD shakes just in case I got stranded!!
Good planning on your part and I am glad you stayed OP, NOT that I doubted you at all...YOU are my shadow......lol

Thanks WUV! I didn't know that either!
you are welcome!!

Jag23
01-20-2012, 11:21 PM
I wanted to tell you about a salad I make and love.

Take the veggie peeler and peel a cucumber,get rid of skin if you want. Then peel the cucumber from top to bottom. The lenghts kinda fold on themselves,and look so pretty. I then chop up fennel and add that. I make a dressing of O/O nad apple cider vinegar. I love this salad

Gardengurl71
01-20-2012, 11:44 PM
I finally got my ticker! yay...let's see if it works. For some reason it has been my mission and my passion to GET THAT TICKER :carrot:

mrsmurphy
01-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Happy friday everyone.. welll for the next 10 minutes at least.

I was insanely busy today at work. We have the state coming in next week for licensing. I had back to back session from 9am til 430 today, and intermittently I was doing funding reviews. So, needless to say, I had a shake for breakfast and didn't eat again until 530, I did get in a pure protein bar somewhere in there. I was so mad. I literally barely had time to use the bathroom. Could this be like really bad for weight loss? I am nervous I just like screwed myself. I have had a ridiculous headache since like 9. I had my snack. I drank like a zillion bottles of water and did the salt trick. I am just needing to go to bed i think, tomorrow is a new day :)

The weird thing was that I wasn't even hungry all day. Normally, I would have the hunger pangs to tell me listen it's time to EAT!! But, before i knew it, it was time to go home.

oh well i guess, no point in dwelling on what we can't change.

mrsmurphy
01-20-2012, 11:55 PM
I wanted to tell you about a salad I make and love.

Take the veggie peeler and peel a cucumber,get rid of skin if you want. Then peel the cucumber from top to bottom. The lenghts kinda fold on themselves,and look so pretty. I then chop up fennel and add that. I make a dressing of O/O nad apple cider vinegar. I love this salad

thanks for sharing! I am going to try this tomorrow. I'm always looking for different ways to make salads!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-21-2012, 12:09 AM
So apparently I am shorter than I thought I was. The last doctor I went to/school physical I got I was told I was 6 feet tall. Yet when I went to get checked for my pneumonia, they said I was 5'10 3/4". I don't know which to believe D; Either way I'll have to recalculate my weight loss goal.

bay316
01-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks Tammywhiz, I don't really know what I am doing any differently then anyone else, other then maybe not having the restricted IP products. The only Restricteds I have are the southwest puffs and the dill pickle zippers, and I only have about 10 of those if I have a craving for chips, and that seems to do the trick. I am still eating from the 2 bags I got in week 2. I am very picky and don't like alot of the vegetables, so my day usually consists of celery, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers. I rarely eat from the veggies we can have 2 x a week. I have not really had the issue of feeling overly hungry, and have not been eating any lettuce. I mainly eat chicken, and if I am going to have red meat I usually eat it the night of my weigh in or the next day, since it takes your body longer to digest this, and i dont eat fish as I am allergic to it, otherwise that would be a staple. And I always get my water in!! Don't get discouraged, it will come off, you may not see it on the scale but you will in inches lost. I may be down 29 lbs but I also am only down 13 inches. Whereas some people have more inch loss then weight! Keep at it, and remember, we're worth it!!!

Momto2cs
01-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Weight in #2 and no pounds lost - but 4" down and 2% body fat less.

I guess these last pounds will be coming off ounce by ounce...sigh

I can see a definite difference...hopefully the scale will show it too next week!