WW At Home - Before bedtime hunger

View Full Version : Before bedtime hunger

KTPayne
01-19-2012, 11:00 AM
So I've been back on WW since the beginning of the year. My problem is that I go to school at night and dont get out till 9, so I eat my dinner at 5:30. My problem is by the time I go to bed I'm STARVING!! What are some good snakcs that I can eat before bed that will keep me full?

roxybabay
01-23-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm no longer on ww's but when I would get hungry at night I would save pts for: for a slice of toast n 1 tbl spoon of almond butter,a f/f choc pudding,some nuts,or even a few slices of oscar meyer turkey slices. Usually the slices of turkey did the trick or a cheese stick. Hope this helps! :)

royalchubsta
01-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey KT.. I too sometimes get a lil night hunger.. For me it depends what mood i'm in and how many points I have left.. so here's my list

- Sugar free Jello 0 PP- and they actually taste good!
- WW String cheese - 1pp a piece
-perhaps a cup of cereal like fiber one honey clusters add some sliced bananas and 1 cup of milk
-I have a variety of right bites snacks from nabisco or keeblers they range from like 2-3 pp a pouch
-crackers
- fruits 9grapes, cantaloupes etc

sometimes i drink sparkling water and it turns out i'm not really as hungry as i thought. I guess it all depends how you manage your points/meals thru out the day. I hope this helps =)

fatmad
02-08-2012, 10:30 AM
last night I had the same problem, and had spent all my points. I made a fruit salad, with blueberries, pineapple and strawberries, and had a glass of low fat milk, and did well. It was a big cereal bowl full of fruit. That was free, so no problems with points.

Munchy
02-09-2012, 03:37 PM
If I'm super hungry it's usually soup or a really big veggie egg white omelette.

Jennifer 3FC
02-13-2012, 11:31 AM
If I've got munchies, I always try hot tea or hot sugar free apple cider first. I think that late at night it's usually that I'm trying to wind down instead of actual hunger. If I'm still 'really' hungry after that, then it's usually either toast, yogurt, or lite microwave popcorn.

Lunula
02-14-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not a fruit or veggie eater, but I'll eat some baby carrots w/ a wedge or two of Laughing Cow (2 wedges is 1 point), an apple or I'll have a Sargento light string cheese (1 point). I've also found myself going to bed early to avoid eating more points, hah! Maybe not the best thing to do, but my rest has improved. :)

tessendicott
02-15-2012, 11:44 PM
If I'm really hungry before bed I'll usually have a banana and some water, keeps me full.

happybug
02-16-2012, 01:04 AM
I find cup of soup is good, chicken noodle or waterbased is good. Popcorn is a real hunger buster for me. Depending on how many points I have left, either sugar coated or lite butter flavour.

playfulturtle
03-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Something I really like if you are interested.

I am a huge fan of miso soup and it's really easy to make at home. You just boil 1.5 cups of water, cube about 3oz of firm tofu, cook for about 3-4 min, add the broth concentrate and presto! It's only 2 points plus.

Also, I drink just the miso broth (without the tofu it's 0 points), or just have some chicken broth. It's 0 points and it's nice and warm and it's a great thing to have right before bedtime.

tessendicott
03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Also, tea is great!

texscrapper
03-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Try popcorn! You get LOTS of it for just a few points

nancylmrn
03-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I am a fan of air popped popcorn too. Broth is good or I take some chicken broth and through in some veggies like carrot, onion, celery and cook until they are tender.

I know this isn't real great but it works for me if I microwave a small red potato and then put a little mustard on it...weird I know

DiabeticDiva
03-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm trying to decide what to do with late night hunger. Being a diabetic we have to have a snack at night so our levels won't spike by morning. So I use some of my weekly points and have a snack such as 1 cup. ff milk and a fiber one 90 cal. brownie. or 1 slice of ww bread with a T. peanut butter on it and 1 C. milk. or a bottle of water with Mio sweet tea in it Yum!

Tejas
03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Ezekiel bread toasted, spray- on butter, warm milk with vanilla and splenda...no hunger and good sleep.

SpankyBuns
03-22-2012, 06:15 PM
hello all, I would try the Kellogs cereal, the chocolate one if your in the mood for sweet, graham crackers and some milk will help you sleep. Good Luck!

Nazamataz
03-23-2012, 04:39 PM
I do a bowl of cereal and some unsweeted vanilla almond milk since it's only 35 calories per CUP! That is after I chug water b/c sometimes that's all your body is craving and has convinced you otherwise. If I need sweet, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fiber One Brownies that are only 1 point if you are doing flex points and 3 points for points plus.

mzKiki
03-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Pretzels You can have 42 of the pretzel sticks for 2 points, a huge bottle of water maybe an apple or some other fruit to go along with it if you're still hungry, but the pretzel sticks eaten slowly has worked for me.

tikanique
04-04-2012, 10:05 PM
for late night munchies I either have a Fiber One brownie or a bowl of peanut butter cheerios and light soy milk. works like a charm. Good luck with school. I admire people that can go at night.

stellarosa27
04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Air-popped popcorn.

soompi123
04-24-2012, 11:41 AM
For me, I like to make a low calorie soup and have that. Usually its filled with broth, like trader joes miso soup, and it's warm and filling.

Charmed7
04-30-2012, 12:42 PM
I really like a Greek Yogurt. The high protein keeps me full, and I'm not sleeping on complex carbs.