Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/19/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/19/12

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 02:32 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

canadiancandy
01-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Dear Wuv

I have read every post of yours for the last 6 weeks, 4 of these weeks i have been on the program. YOU are the reason i am here and on IP, YOU are the reason i have lost 28.5lbs (the most i have ever lost in one shot in my entire fat girl existence) YOU are the reason i know i CAN keep going. YOU are honest and knowledgeable and a dose of reality never hurt anyone. This is why YOU will make a fantastic coach. Please don't change anything, YOU are perfect as you are. I know this by the affectionate way you speak of your boys and the time you take in your life to help everyone on here in a genuine way. I don't know anyone else would have the heart and kindness to do it so diligently, this is definitely your super power and you are totally my hero

Thank you for all you are and all you do

Candy :) xoxo

p.s. please don't be scared that i e-stalk your posts, i promise my adoration has no creep factor LMAOOOOOOO

tsmoore71
01-19-2012, 02:59 AM
I have my 1st WI scheduled for today, but we had a huge snow storm and now I'm worried I won't have it. So I weighed myself and I was down 6 pounds. Which if this is correct, I'm so excited!

alaskastarr
01-19-2012, 03:20 AM
ohhh Yay!!! I'm not the first to post :) lol. I just wanted to post that I had the most awesome NSV yesterday as I was getting ready for work. It's super freezing cold here and I really didn't want to wear a skirt to work today so I pulled out a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear in a long time and crossed my fingers and pulled them up and THEY FIT!!! I was soo excited, but the what made me more happy was when I checked the size I found they were a full size smaller at a size 14!!!! How cool is that?!?!?!!!

Congrats to all of you on all your successes!!! Keep going and staying OP.

For those of you who have had a few setbacks just get back on track to the best of your ability. We all have setbacks. Some are big and some are small. Just take this one step...one pound at a time. You can do it! We're here for you!!!

Have a great day!

alaskastarr
01-19-2012, 03:56 AM
Totally forgot to ask...I just realized I was eating more veggies than allowed :o oopsy is this going to put me off track??? I only did this two days...I'll have to be more careful today though. I ate 3/4 c bell pepper, 3/4 c celery, 3/4 c bok choy, 3/4 cup cucumbers and then some veggies at dinner...I think it put me at about 4.5 to 5 cups for the day of veggies though. I don't want this to mess me up :(

idealpromom
01-19-2012, 07:10 AM
ohhh Yay!!! I'm not the first to post :) lol. I just wanted to post that I had the most awesome NSV yesterday as I was getting ready for work. It's super freezing cold here and I really didn't want to wear a skirt to work today so I pulled out a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear in a long time and crossed my fingers and pulled them up and THEY FIT!!! I was soo excited, but the what made me more happy was when I checked the size I found they were a full size smaller at a size 14!!!! How cool is that?!?!?!!!

For those of you who have had a few setbacks just get back on track to the best of your ability. We all have setbacks. Some are big and some are small. Just take this one step...one pound at a time. You can do it! We're here for you!!!

Have a great day!

Yay! The clothes don't lie! You are doing great!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

You also have a wonderful day!
:hug:

idealpromom
01-19-2012, 07:11 AM
I have my 1st WI scheduled for today, but we had a huge snow storm and now I'm worried I won't have it. So I weighed myself and I was down 6 pounds. Which if this is correct, I'm so excited!

That is super! Let us know if you are able to WI~

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Dear Wuv

I have read every post of yours for the last 6 weeks, 4 of these weeks i have been on the program. YOU are the reason i am here and on IP, YOU are the reason i have lost 28.5lbs (the most i have ever lost in one shot in my entire fat girl existence) YOU are the reason i know i CAN keep going. YOU are honest and knowledgeable and a dose of reality never hurt anyone. This is why YOU will make a fantastic coach. Please don't change anything, YOU are perfect as you are. I know this by the affectionate way you speak of your boys and the time you take in your life to help everyone on here in a genuine way. I don't know anyone else would have the heart and kindness to do it so diligently, this is definitely your super power and you are totally my hero

p.s. please don't be scared that i e-stalk your posts, i promise my adoration has no creep factor LMAOOOOOOO

I love this post because this is exactly how I feel about her too! She's awesome! Definitely one of a kind, but a major major help! She keeps me going too :D!

NavyMommy
01-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I love the morning when I decide, "meh" let me skip my RTD creamer and just go with a little Splenda in my coffee and I actually like it! It is amazing how much your tastebuds change, even in the 2.5 weeks I've been back OP!

It's supposed to be beautiful here today so I'm off to enjoy the weather!! Hope everyone has a great day!!

ShanCo
01-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Second weigh-in yesterday...down 5.2 pounds, so that makes 13.6 pounds in 2 weeks! This is so awesome, I can't believe how satisfied the protein packs keep me! I rarely even think about food, which used to be all I thought about! I am feeling so good, I really want to get back to working out but I love the elliptical and I'm getting mixed reviews on if that is too intense of a workout or not while on IP...thoughts?

MustangMolly
01-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Dear Wuv

I agree, Wuv has really motivated me and I have benefitted so much from her experience.

Have a great day!

Isn't that just the best feeling? Congrats to you!

Second weigh-in yesterday...down 5.2 pounds, so that makes 13.6 pounds in 2 weeks! This is so awesome, I can't believe how satisfied the protein packs keep me! I rarely even think about food, which used to be all I thought about! I am feeling so good, I really want to get back to working out but I love the elliptical and I'm getting mixed reviews on if that is too intense of a workout or not while on IP...thoughts?

WOO HOO, way to go! keep up the good work.

meant2b
01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Yay! The clothes don't lie! You are doing great!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

So true, "the clothes don't lie"!

[QUOTE=tsmoore71;4178814]I have my 1st WI scheduled for today, but we had a huge snow storm and now I'm worried I won't have it. So I weighed myself and I was down 6 pounds. Which if this is correct, I'm so excited!

Fanfreakintastic!!! What a nice loss!

I love this post because this is exactly how I feel about her too! She's awesome! Definitely one of a kind, but a major major help! She keeps me going too :D!

Ditto! Wuv... I've said it before, I'll say it again... WE WUV YOU!!!!!

Happy Thursday! Wishing everyone a great day!!!

Lorilou
01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Good morning everyone! Good luck to all the WIs today. Mine is tomorrow and I am excited to see what I have lost.

Dear Wuv

Ditto here! Wuv is an inspiration and without her support and guidance this journey would be more difficult.

Congrats on the 6 lbs! I hope you do make to your official WI today. Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

What a wonderful NSV. It is so motivating when you can fit into cloths you haven't been able to wear for awhile!

WOW!! Great job! Keep up the good work!

SewingMomma
01-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Second weigh-in yesterday...down 5.2 pounds, so that makes 13.6 pounds in 2 weeks!

Way to go!!!!!:carrot:

Congrats to everyone else with the awesome WI's and the NSVs. Not much new going on here. Just sticking with the program and feeling great. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!

DanafromAustin
01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Totally forgot to ask...I just realized I was eating more veggies than allowed :o oopsy is this going to put me off track??? I only did this two days...I'll have to be more careful today though. I ate 3/4 c bell pepper, 3/4 c celery, 3/4 c bok choy, 3/4 cup cucumbers and then some veggies at dinner...I think it put me at about 4.5 to 5 cups for the day of veggies though. I don't want this to mess me up :(

I wouldn't worry about it, you will be fine.

My best advice would be to try the elliptical if you want, but know that it's recommended that you don't work out for the first three weeks. If your weight slows down or stalls then you know it's a problem. I personally strength train only as cardio was slowing my weight down. Whatever form of exercise you do make sure to have some protein before and after you exercise.

LaLibE
01-19-2012, 10:27 AM
Good Morning, it's freezing cold here this morning - thank goodness I work from home! I am re-starting IP to lose my holiday pounds and at the same time my husband is following the program using alternative products. Let me just say, he is driving me nuts!! He has not done any reading on the program, he just basically eats what I tell him to eat. The problem is that he is questioning me non-stop! Can I have some cheese? What if I put cream in my coffee, can I just give up my snack? Why do I have to take the vitamins? This bar has 49g carbs, why can't I have it?? C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!! Good thing I love him :)

While Phase 1 the second time around is proving to be a challenge for me, I have to say it is so much easier when I husband is eating what I eat.

Have a great day, stay warm!
Elissa

sandralosingweight
01-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Dear Wuv

Ditto!

I would say the same exact words! Isn't she amazing! :) :hug:

doublebaby
01-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Good morning! It is freezing here today as well-it's -17 degrees! Hope everyone has a great OP day. I am just going right along on this plan and find it extremely easy to stay OP I think because it is so restrictive and no "maybe's" about it. Just straight yes, you can have that and no, you can't have that for the most part. I missed last weeks weigh in due to travelling so I can't wait to see what I will lose this saturday. I do feel like I am "melting" though.
A question I have for those of you who have lost weight and have had a problem with thunder thighs (I have most of my life even when thinner but not nearly as pronounced). Did you find that you lost in that area as well or are you always going to be more pronounced in that area? I am just curious because that is a sore spot with me as it keeps me from smaller sizes a lot of times. I have already gone down in 2 pants sizes and could probably go down another size if not for that area. Then the waist tend to be larger. I have found certain brands that fit well but would love to get rid of the TT.
Any ideas out there that could help me now such as weight training or something else or should I wait a bit? My tracker shows 23#loss but it is closer to 30# unofficially since I haven't weighed in officially.
Thanks for your input.
Reg

sandralosingweight
01-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Good Morning, it's freezing cold here this morning - thank goodness I work from home! I am re-starting IP to lose my holiday pounds and at the same time my husband is following the program using alternative products. Let me just say, he is driving me nuts!! He has not done any reading on the program, he just basically eats what I tell him to eat. The problem is that he is questioning me non-stop! Can I have some cheese? What if I put cream in my coffee, can I just give up my snack? Why do I have to take the vitamins? This bar has 49g carbs, why can't I have it?? C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!! Good thing I love him :)

While Phase 1 the second time around is proving to be a challenge for me, I have to say it is so much easier when I husband is eating what I eat.

Elissa

Hello Elissa,

I totally hear you in here! Not that my husband is doing the same diet I am doing, but for the questioning part! God! It is like everybody questions you for everything, it is like, you can't eat like this, it is not healthy, it is all artificial, why don't you eat real food instead, blah blah blah! And you know what the answer to WHY I don't eat real food instead of this is that I tried every diet on earth with real food and it did NOT work for me, you name it from Weight Watcher to Atkins, to Nutrisystem and to everything in between, I tried and this is the ONLY diet that WORKS!

My husband is a triathlete and now that he is back to intensly train every day for his half iron man competition, he is taking the same shakes that I am using as my alternatives, the whey isolate that I buy, I take half a scoop and he takes a full scoop, so he is not questioning the food I eat, but it is like he is always scared I would not make it all the way through (which I totally understand, since I stopped and cheated on many occasion) but I know I can do this, and this time I don't want to stop before reaching my goal weight and after that I will work on maintenance for the rest of my life, I know that for sure, but for a reason, he is always scared I would not do it, but I know I will.

So, good luck to you, and when your husband questions you, why don't you let him read the book from the dr. who created this diet, you can download it from here, it is at the beginning of every day chat, this way he will get more acquainted with the protocol.

We can do this :) Positive energy :hug:

Pamelama
01-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Good morning! It is freezing here today as well-it's -17 degrees! Hope everyone has a great OP day. I am just going right along on this plan and find it extremely easy to stay OP I think because it is so restrictive and no "maybe's" about it. Just straight yes, you can have that and no, you can't have that for the most part. I missed last weeks weigh in due to travelling so I can't wait to see what I will lose this saturday. I do feel like I am "melting" though.
A question I have for those of you who have lost weight and have had a problem with thunder thighs (I have most of my life even when thinner but not nearly as pronounced). Did you find that you lost in that area as well or are you always going to be more pronounced in that area? I am just curious because that is a sore spot with me as it keeps me from smaller sizes a lot of times. I have already gone down in 2 pants sizes and could probably go down another size if not for that area. Then the waist tend to be larger. I have found certain brands that fit well but would love to get rid of the TT.
Any ideas out there that could help me now such as weight training or something else or should I wait a bit? My tracker shows 23#loss but it is closer to 30# unofficially since I haven't weighed in officially.
Thanks for your input.
Reg

That's a great question! I too have been "blessed" ;) with t-thighs... Since IP targets fat loss, I'm hoping it would hit all areas equally. Any maintainers or graduates of Phases have any insight on this?

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Well, Good Morning Everyone! This is day 10 for me, I am on the Do It Yourself IP Plan. I have had a slip up, had 1 cup of ham and beans for dinner the other night. I had only one shake and lots of water etc that day to eat so I splurged. oops I also had 3 sugar free gummy bears after dinner the night before last. I still am loosing, was 191 now last night was 179. First 4 or 5 days killed me. I wanted to eat the paint off the wall! Now I feel great, energy has picked up! I do get on my cardio machine for 20 minutes. Just a light sweat, nothing drastic for now. Had a taco salad minus the shell and cheese. It was great. Can we have any beans on this phase one? Like black beans? There is a drink called MIO, you squirt it in water, its yummy. There are no cal, no carb, no sugars, no fat. Anyone else tried it? Haven't been in the 170's for 4 years, I am so excited! oh ya- how do I put a little # lost scale at the bottom of my pages? You know, the cute little scale?

LaLibE
01-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks for your input.
Reg

oh the Thunder Thighs!! lol - I found that I lost my weight very equally on my body - it didn't come off one area at a time. That being said, my thighs are still large... family genes I think. Does your coach measure your thighs, hips, knees, etc? Mine does, and it's nice because it gives you the WHOLE picture.

sandralosingweight
01-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Well, Good Morning Everyone! This is day 10 for me, I am on the Do It Yourself IP Plan. I have had a slip up, had 2 cup of ham and beans for dinner the other night. I had only one shake and lots of water etc to eat so I splurged. oops I also had 3 sugar free gummy bears after dinner the night before last. I still am loosing, was 191 now last night was 179. First 4 or 5 days killed me. I wanted to eat the paint off the wall! Now I feel great. I do get on my cardio machine for 20 minutes. Just a light sweat, nothing drastic for now. Had a taco salad minus the shell and cheese. It was great. Can we have any beans on this phase one? Like black beans? Haven't been in the 170's for 4 years, I am so excited!

Hello,

No, we cannot have beans on Phase I.

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 11:07 AM

Elissa

Well at least he's on it with you. My fiance' isn't, but he is supportive! I wanted to tackle him for the cheese he had on his taco salad last night. :devil:If I was on a desert island, I would take cheese, bread and potatoes. :carrot:

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Hello,

No, we cannot have beans on Phase I.

thanks.:(

mamacitaof2
01-19-2012, 11:15 AM
That's a great question! I too have been "blessed" ;) with t-thighs... Since IP targets fat loss, I'm hoping it would hit all areas equally. Any maintainers or graduates of Phases have any insight on this?

I have thunder thighs also. My unofficial weigh in this week is down another 5lbs, but I've only lost 1 inch in my thighs. I just assumed that since it's my trouble area, that would be the last place I would see the most results.:devil:Mine is definately genetics! Presonally, I'm just happy I'm loosing weight and inches and seeing a difference in my body!

MustangMolly
The select vegetables list includes cabbage but then shows in parenthesis red, pak choi and bok choy. Is just regular green cabbage allowed?

EmilySebetka
There is a drink called MIO, you squirt it in water, its yummy. There are no cal, no carb, no sugars, no fat. Anyone else tried it?

I know Wuv has MIO, and I just bought some yesterday. I love the berry pomegranate, and the sweet tea is okay. I never really liked sweet tea to begin with, but the MIO version is satisfactory. I just like having a drink that isn't water! LOL.

This could be considered a NSV-I actually like my coffee black and I'm not tempted by the peanut M&M's that I bought my dad (he's been in a really poopy mood this week). I used to always have my coffee with a ton of French Vanilla creamer, but it tastes fine black with no additives. Peanut M&M's are the only kind I would eat, but now I'm like "eh." I'm very proud of myself! :P

doublebaby
01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
oh the Thunder Thighs!! lol - I found that I lost my weight very equally on my body - it didn't come off one area at a time. That being said, my thighs are still large... family genes I think. Does your coach measure your thighs, hips, knees, etc? Mine does, and it's nice because it gives you the WHOLE picture.

LaLibe,
Yes she does measure every week but I can't remember what I have lost there specifically. I will be sure to pay attention this week though. I have lost most in my hips and chest (naturally). I was just hoping that the actual shape of that area would change somewhat. I don't mind curvy but there is a difference-LOL. It runs in my family too so maybe it isn't meant to be but I am not giving up hope just yet!
Thank youl.

lkp888
01-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Dear Wuv

I ditto this as well, I've learnt so much from Wuv, more than my coach at times and she is always there if you need a question answered or a pick me up. She is such an inspiration and she will always will be to each and everyone one of us!!! :hug:

Ducksmy
01-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I am going shopping tomarrow for my veggies and everything. Can't wait to finally start this! I love reading everyone's posts! Thanks for the inspiration guys!

MustangMolly
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM
..... There is a drink called MIO, you squirt it in water, its yummy. There are no cal, no carb, no sugars, no fat. Anyone else tried it? Haven't been in the 170's for 4 years, I am so excited!

I love Mio. I use some of the berry/pom in my crispy rice cereal, I like to mix the sweet tea and orange, I will also add some lemon juice to the sweet tea. What I'm really looking forward to doing is making a smoothie with the vanilla pudding and adding some of the orange...I'm thinking it will taste like a dreamsicle.

LaLibE
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
I love Mio. I use some of the berry/pom in my crispy rice cereal, I like to mix the sweet tea and orange, I will also add some lemon juice to the sweet tea. What I'm really looking forward to doing is making a smoothie with the vanilla pudding and adding some of the orange...I'm thinking it will taste like a dreamsicle.

MMMMM, that's a great idea!! We don't have Mio in Canada so I will have to pick up orange next trip across the border!

doublebaby
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
I have thunder thighs also. My unofficial weigh in this week is down another 5lbs, but I've only lost 1 inch in my thighs. I just assumed that since it's my trouble area, that would be the last place I would see the most results.:devil:Mine is definately genetics! Presonally, I'm just happy I'm loosing weight and inches and seeing a difference in my body!

Mamacitaof2,
I just noticed you began 2 days before Christmas! Kudos to you!! Yes, I love the difference I notice and the feeling of "skinnier" and I know I will always be curvy. It is just a wait and see I guess. Just wondered what results others before us have had. It will be interesting hearing.

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 11:42 AM
MMMMM, that's a great idea!! We don't have Mio in Canada so I will have to pick up orange next trip across the border!

The peach mango is my favorite! Give it a try. It's like $3.49 or so, but you can get 20 drinks out of it. Good buy. My fiance' really likes it, he's not a regular or diet soda drinker.:D

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 11:44 AM

Try the peach mango!!!!!!!! I can send you some if you want.

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 11:51 AM
I know this isn't weight loss related but I just need to vent a second lol. :P

Work is really getting on my nerves. I work from home for a local educational company and I work through their website & over the phone. Okay, so I get a text from my "boss" telling me I needed to get this work done ASAP that I had just gotten, so I get up today & I'm working on it, only to find out they're going to have to redo the whole webpage document that I was working on because *they* messed up. Basically I've wasted almost 4 hours on something that I'm going to get to redo............annoyed. I know I get paid for it, but STILL. I have to redo all of it, just aggravated.

Thanks for letting me vent ;)

lkp888
01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
everyone is making me jealous talking about MIO, :( I wish Canada would get some in...I wonder if you can order it online??? going to check that out.

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Good morning everyone! Good luck to all the WIs today. Mine is tomorrow and I am excited to see what I have lost.

Ditto here! Wuv is an inspiration and without her support and guidance this journey would be more difficult.

Congrats on the 6 lbs! I hope you do make to your official WI today. Keep us posted.

What a wonderful NSV. It is so motivating when you can fit into cloths you haven't been able to wear for awhile!

WOW!! Great job! Keep up the good work!

What is an NSV? Hooray to the "too tight" pants who have been at the bottom of the pile in the closet! Welcome to daylight again!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 12:01 PM
What is an NSV? Hooray to the "too tight" pants who have been at the bottom of the pile in the closet! Welcome to daylight again!!

nsv = non scale victory :)

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
everyone is making me jealous talking about MIO, :( I wish Canada would get some in...I wonder if you can order it online??? going to check that out.

Glad to send you some if you'll pay me back! I will get some in the mail Friday if you want to try it! Shouldn't cost much to send it in a little envelope.

Renewing Myself
01-19-2012, 12:09 PM
I have my first weight in this morning, I am pretty excited!!

IKP888 - let me know if you can order it online, I would be interested in trying it as well.

I have had a good week. Veggies are still my tough spot, I need to spend some time reading recipes and trying new things. We had asparagus the other night and hubby and daughter both liked it, that is one that I have never cooked. Maybe I can get some recipes from my coach today.

New Englander
01-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Congrats to all the victories this week! I too lost at my weigh in!!! I'm down another 3 pounds!!!

New Englander
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM

IKP888 - let me know if you can order it online, I would be interested in trying it as well.

I have had a good week. Veggies are still my tough spot, I need to spend some time reading recipes and trying new things. We had asparagus the other night and hubby and daughter both liked it, that is one that I have never cooked. Maybe I can get some recipes from my coach today.
Hi Renewing Myself, From my personal experience, veggies do get easier! I like to keep it simple...but this may not work for you as you're feeding others. I keep my veggies to one per meal and will roast 2 cups (measured raw) turnips, or broccoli. (I was just told by my coach to watch the browning / carmelizing of the turnips as it brings out the sugars.) I eat two cup (again, measured raw) sauteed spinach. And for quick on the go things I usually have celery stalks in the fridge. These are my current veggie staples...boring, yes for some, but for me, it's working. So, just get into a groove and stick with it. I had been eating kale chips non-stop and way more than 2 cups cooked! I got sick of them, and I'm on a kale chip break...but when I was eating them they were delicious! :)

lkp888
01-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Glad to send you some if you'll pay me back! I will get some in the mail Friday if you want to try it! Shouldn't cost much to send it in a little envelope.

That you be awesome if you could, Would you be able to send it collect?

lkp888
01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Renewing Myself;4179260]I have my first weight in this morning, I am pretty excited!!

I have had a good week. Veggies are still my tough spot, I need to spend some time reading recipes and trying new things. We had asparagus the other night and hubby and daughter both liked it, that is one that I have never cooked. Maybe I can get some recipes from my coach today.[/QUOT

I found a site but it only ships to U.S addresses. :(

northernfawn
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Has anyone tried the freeze dried Okra? I just tried one and they are fabulous, but I'm thinking they may not be OP. Someone here at the office got them in the organic bulk section and said there were 3 ingredients: okra, sea salt and ?? (I think it could be oil, but not sure)

sandralosingweight
01-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Has anyone tried the freeze dried Okra? I just tried one and they are fabulous, but I'm thinking they may not be OP. Someone here at the office got them in the organic bulk section and said there were 3 ingredients: okra, sea salt and ?? (I think it could be oil, but not sure)

I know that Okra is ok on this program except that I have no clue what is the freeze dried Okra and how it is prepared.

whirlygirl72
01-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Ugh.. i am having one of those days where I am hungry. For the most part i only have these every so often, but today its bad.....water water water, i think i need to bring some herbal teas to work, maybe that will help.:?:

p.s. had the lemon puff yesterday as my 1 restricted item, SO GOOD!!!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-19-2012, 01:00 PM
With most of us being chilly, a cold drink in the morning isn't always something to look forward to. Today, I mixed 1/2 packet chocolate drink with 1/2 packet cappucino drink, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 stevia (could use 1/2 packet or omit, as the cappucino is sweet anyway) and 2oz water to make some mocha breakfast brownies :) Had them with a cup of hot tea and they were delicious!

mompattie
01-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Good morning Chicks!

Its a balmy - 43 C here in Saskatchewan today, which is warmer than yesterdays - 51 C!!! UGH! We're in the deep freeze here, next week should be better with more moderate temperatures.

Sounds like everyone is doing well today! This is such a great site for encouragement and motivation. When I feel like eating out of boredom, I log in here and see what everyone is up to. WI for me is Monday mornings, and I will not step on the scale before that. I'm hoping for the scale to move this week, I've been spot OP for almost 2 weeks now.

The Mio does sound wonderful! I wish we could get it in Canada!! I'll be checking online as well, perhaps we can order it that way!

Have a wonderful day everyone, we'll be keeping warm here!

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 01:04 PM
With most of us being chilly, a cold drink in the morning isn't always something to look forward to. Today, I mixed 1/2 packet chocolate drink with 1/2 packet cappucino drink, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 stevia (could use 1/2 packet or omit, as the cappucino is sweet anyway) and 2oz water to make some mocha breakfast brownies :) Had them with a cup of hot tea and they were delicious!

Oooh Oooooh! you made me wanna order chocolate drink & cappucino! LOL. those look deliciousssssssssssssssss.

LaLibE
01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Good morning Chicks!

Its a balmy - 43 C here in Saskatchewan today, which is warmer than yesterdays - 51 C!!! UGH! We're in the deep freeze here, next week should be better with more moderate temperatures.

Sounds like everyone is doing well today! This is such a great site for encouragement and motivation. When I feel like eating out of boredom, I log in here and see what everyone is up to. WI for me is Monday mornings, and I will not step on the scale before that. I'm hoping for the scale to move this week, I've been spot OP for almost 2 weeks now.

The Mio does sound wonderful! I wish we could get it in Canada!! I'll be checking online as well, perhaps we can order it that way!

Have a wonderful day everyone, we'll be keeping warm here!

I am in SK too - it's ridiculous cold!!! This site is such a great help. I think that's where I went wrong in maintenance.... I stopped visiting and posting in 3FC. I feel like it's necessary to keep coming back, by offering support to others, you are helping to keep yourself in check. Once I get back down to my goal weight, I will not stop 3FC and I will not stop keeping a food journal.

Survalia
01-19-2012, 01:08 PM
I have a question for those who have been at it for a while: How many pounds did you lose before people who did not know you were dieting started to notice??

I have lost 21 pounds, and I sure notice, but no one else seems to. I know there are some reasons for this -- I am still wearing the same clothes for the most part, and they are heavy sweaters, etc., because of the weather. Also, I am allergic to exercise ;) so I am pretty saggy, and it HAS been coming off pretty slowly, but jeepers it would feel good if someone said something!!

LaLibE
01-19-2012, 01:11 PM
I have a question for those who have been at it for a while: How many pounds did you lose before people who did not know you were dieting started to notice??

I have lost 21 pounds, and I sure notice, but no one else seems to. I know there are some reasons for this -- I am still wearing the same clothes for the most part, and they are heavy sweaters, etc., because of the weather. Also, I am allergic to exercise ;) so I am pretty saggy, and it HAS been coming off pretty slowly, but jeepers it would feel good if someone said something!!

It was well over 20lbs lost before people started noticing. To be honest, it was 20lbs before I could tell on myself!

sandralosingweight
01-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Oh! Don't worry about people, it seems like those who don't know you or are friends or family and especially those to whom you did not mention you were dieting, will never notice.

I lost about 50 pounds and few people at work commented (after I mentioned that I was on a diet) saying: ''oh yeah! it looks like you lost some weight, eh?'' and the ''eh?'' is pure Canadian by the way, lol.

Endless Dieter
01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Good Afternoon To All,

WI# 14 -4lbs, I cannot believe I lost 61lbs in 14 weeks this is just too amazing. Hope everyone has great WI's too.

Ishbel
01-19-2012, 01:18 PM

I've just become a smaller me...your body shape won't really change I don't think...it will just be a smaller version. I don't consider my thighs thunder thighs but I do have a tummy and if it wasn't there I'd be in a smaller size for sure. I know someone I work with that had a tummy tuck and she went from an 18 to a 14 just with that.

No one gushed over me until 56 lbs...happens daily now. I try not to get used to it because that will go away eventually. People I DON'T like are excited for me HAHAHA. I already know people who don't know that I was a fluffy gal! So there is no comments from that area already. :D

I am an outside person, even in -40 I was ok going outside (appropriately dressed)...I got a 'please shovel your walk' note from Canada Post today, lol. I haven't been shoveling because I'm so cold now it almost aches. I'm so dreading going home at 430 today and shoveling in this weather. Even though I have the right clothes for it...ugh!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day! Send me warm thoughts at 4:30 Central Time :)

lindac36
01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
The peach mango is my favorite! Give it a try. It's like $3.49 or so, but you can get 20 drinks out of it. Good buy. My fiance' really likes it, he's not a regular or diet soda drinker.:D

I don't have that flavor, but I did mix some of the orange in with my peach mango IP drink and it was wonderful!

New Englander
01-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Ugh.. i am having one of those days where I am hungry. For the most part i only have these every so often, but today its bad.....water water water, i think i need to bring some herbal teas to work, maybe that will help.:?:

p.s. had the lemon puff yesterday as my 1 restricted item, SO GOOD!!!
Ug...I can totally relate to you today! I had to eat my lunch 45 minutes earlier because the chocolate bar was screaming my name!!! Now I'm having coffee and I don't drink coffee in the PM!!! :) My TOM is just ending so I'm hoping that's my excuse!!! LOL Good luck to you!

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 01:40 PM
That you be awesome if you could, Would you be able to send it collect?

I don't know? Never did that before, but I am sure it's under $5 to buy and mail, so I wouldnt be out an arm and leg if you didnt get back to me. No biggy. Glad to help. Write me on my yahoo address and let me know where you want me to send it. gofastturnleftkc@yahoo.com.

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Next month I'm going to have approximately $60 to spend on "extras" like packets stuff like that. I ordered the garlic & onion soy nuts and the soy chocolate balls to try for right now, which should be here tomorrow. BUT! I want some suggestions. I want to be able to make waffles, pancakes, muffins things like that. Give me some ideas you guys :)

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Renewing Myself;4179260]I have my first weight in this morning, I am pretty excited!!

I have had a good week. Veggies are still my tough spot, I need to spend some time reading recipes and trying new things. We had asparagus the other night and hubby and daughter both liked it, that is one that I have never cooked. Maybe I can get some recipes from my coach today.[/QUOT

I found a site but it only ships to U.S addresses. :(

I make asparagus in the oven or on the barby- put on cookie sheet, spray lightly with olive oil spray and sprinkle with sea salt- bake or broil(watch closely to turn)Takes a few minutes and the flavor is awesome. We made that for a catering company I used to help with when I was in college the first time. Huge difference from steaming it!:carrot:
It might be interesting with lemon salt as well.?:)

THISTIME4ME
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm a long time lurker, as I mentioned in a different post. I just want to say "Hi" to everyone. I feel like I know so many of you. I've been snowed in since Sunday and I had the pleasure of cooking dinner for my family on our woodstove last night when the power went out. But even with all the stress, I am staying on plan and have not had any problems doing it!!!

Chuckles1330
01-19-2012, 01:53 PM
First day in the office since beginning IP on Saturday, and except for the stomach rumbling while meeting with my boss first thing (had not had b'fast yet), I'm doing ok :) Wasn't sure how I would feel - the last couple of days have been a bit rocky, but I'm proud to have been able to stay OP. Had an emotional upset last night, but resisted the chocolate covered peanuts :)

One day at a time...

AK907
01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it. Anyway I've been on Ideal protein for 2 weeks now. My first week WI I lost 7 pounds, and I get my next WI tomorrow. My only concern is that my coach doesn't seem very knowledgeable. I was given different potassium/calcium, potassium/magnesium supplements that only have like 1-2% of daily value. It just doesn't seem like it's enough. I just get worried my coach is in it just to make money and not because she's very knowledgeable. I'm a medical student so I question her a lot and she never seems to be able to answer my questions correctly. But this is the only clinic I can find and it's still 2 hours away so I can't really change places. Should I just deal with it?

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 02:00 PM
First day in the office since beginning IP on Saturday, and except for the stomach rumbling while meeting with my boss first thing (had not had b'fast yet), I'm doing ok :) Wasn't sure how I would feel - the last couple of days have been a bit rocky, but I'm proud to have been able to stay OP. Had an emotional upset last night, but resisted the chocolate covered peanuts :)

One day at a time...

Hey Good job passing on the CCP! I am 10 days in and have lost 11 #, I am doing the program with out a paid coach. I am a nurse and have researched this to the ninth degree. This place is the best I have found for information and support!!! Read threads from 2010 forward, you will learn lots. I use this thread and and another. Hang in there, eat a hunk of celery with sea salt and drink some tea! You can do it!

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to this site and still trying to figure out how to use it. Anyway I've been on Ideal protein for 2 weeks now. My first week WI I lost 7 pounds, and I get my next WI tomorrow. My only concern is that my coach doesn't seem very knowledgeable. I was given different potassium/calcium, potassium/magnesium supplements that only have like 1-2% of daily value. It just doesn't seem like it's enough. I just get worried my coach is in it just to make money and not because she's very knowledgeable. I'm a medical student so I question her a lot and she never seems to be able to answer my questions correctly. But this is the only clinic I can find and it's still 2 hours away so I can't really change places. Should I just deal with it?

Hang in there AK! I am a nurse so I researched lots. I got my own supplements. Can't remember where I found it on here, just read read read. You will find infor on how much K, Ca,Mg you should be getting. Don't skimp on sea salt, really helped me with a head ache. I dont like pickles but someone recomends them. Keep asking questions here in these threads. You will get great support and answers.:D

NavyMommy
01-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon!

This is my favorite part of my IP day. Kids are down, just finished my veggies and I'm eating my lunch bar and drinking some hot tea while catching up. :D

I do have a question though for some of you more experienced at traveling with IP. I have to spend the night away tonight and don't want to forget anything. I will eat dinner before I go but will have to have breakfast there (and possibly my lunch bar, but I'm not worrying about veggies til I get home). Here's what I've packed:

1c. Zucchini Chips (holdover from dinner since I'm going to have to eat early before I go)
Evening Snack (Jelly)
3 bags of herbal tea
A couple packets of Splenda
Shaker
Cappuccino packet
Supplements
Plus my shaker and a travel mug for heating the tea / cappuccino in

Is there anything obvious I'm forgetting? I will have access to a fridge / micro if I need it. Thanks so much for looking it over!

AK907
01-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks a bunch. I always look at the nutrition facts on the ideal protein foods I buy and get whatever is the most nutrient dense. I keep a box on hand that isn't very nutrient dense just in case I want some extra protein and nothing else (pineapple banana is very non nutrient and low calorie.) The first week I had brought my ideal protein food home I was disappointed how different the nutrition was on each box and that I couldn't find reliable facts online about the nutrition labels. I don't know why the company wouldn't post those but oh well I decided I just have to take it into my own hands if I want the nutrient density. I also take my own powder magnesium at night and will have like a bar with it that has at least 35% calcium so I can get my calcium magnesium together. As far as potassium, I like getting the chocolate drink that has 450mg in it.

AK907
01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
I was also going to ask about exercise. I'm in week 2 and was told not to exercise much but my job is very physically demanding and so is school, especially now that I am in clinical. I can't just sit around and not do anything. My coach said it'd mess up my metabolism if I was exercising. That doesn't really help me out so I just decided when I start getting really tired that I take an extra protein drink. I figure if I'm using the energy, I can take an extra protein shake a day and it won't hurt me. Anybody else have this issue with exercise?

lindac36
01-19-2012, 02:23 PM

People on this forum are quite helpful and knowledgeable, some are even in the process of becoming coaches themselves. So, many, many answers lie in these pages. There is also the option of idealtogo.com which is an online site, but was very helpful to me while I was trying to find a clinic nearby. I had to use ninjaproxy to get to the site, but, it is another option. I had many 'talks' with the online coach via e-mail and text and she was quite willing to help.

lindac36
01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
BTW AK907, welcome, you are among friends and supporters!

LaLibE
01-19-2012, 02:30 PM
I was also going to ask about exercise. I'm in week 2 and was told not to exercise much but my job is very physically demanding and so is school, especially now that I am in clinical. I can't just sit around and not do anything. My coach said it'd mess up my metabolism if I was exercising. That doesn't really help me out so I just decided when I start getting really tired that I take an extra protein drink. I figure if I'm using the energy, I can take an extra protein shake a day and it won't hurt me. Anybody else have this issue with exercise?

I exercised from day 1... I really don't feel like exercise messed with my metabolism. My coach explained it differently, she said that because this diet is so low in calories and carbs you don't really have enough to expend on exercise. She suggested another shake or perhaps a boiled egg or something when I was exercising.

Jag23
01-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Well I think I might have doen something really wrong. Night shift might make me stupid.....I've been drinking crystal Light with Suralose.....Is this sugar? My coach says I should be losing 6 lbs per week. I lost 6 the 1st week and 4 the 2nd week. She made me feel bad when she commented,I should be losing more. I have hypothyroidism and I think that makes me slower to lose. I'm in 3rd week and really staying on program. I also think working nightshift effects my loose also.....Gosh,I'm alittle down today

whirlygirl72
01-19-2012, 02:41 PM

do you just microwave these or bake in an oven? they look good!

kelly1962
01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Down another 3 lbs this week. I have been on a roll since my "mess up" over the holidays. I have been sticking exactly to plan and drinking my water and is it ever working. We have had such a cold spell here and my car which is an old car, the driver door gets frozen and i cant get the lock up when i get in my car so i have to climb over to the passenger side to get out sometimes. I was thinking if i hadnt lost all this weight, i may have been trapped in my car for a couple of hours or until the door thawed.....lol... cause i dont think i could have done all this climbing i have to do in my car now...lol..

LaLibE
01-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Well I think I might have doen something really wrong. Night shift might make me stupid.....I've been drinking crystal Light with Suralose.....Is this sugar? My coach says I should be losing 6 lbs per week. I lost 6 the 1st week and 4 the 2nd week. She made me feel bad when she commented,I should be losing more. I have hypothyroidism and I think that makes me slower to lose. I'm in 3rd week and really staying on program. I also think working nightshift effects my loose also.....Gosh,I'm alittle down today

Don't be down!!! Those are fabulous losses, I'm not really sure what your coach expects you to lose!

You do need to watch the crystal light, water is best. But honestly, you have lost 10lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should be celebrating!! :carrot:

heliosmommy
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM

Congrats! That's great. :D I feel the same way about working out. I was working with a personal trainer before starting IP and now am not sure what to do about him. hmm.. Any thoughts?

Chuckles1330
01-19-2012, 02:48 PM

I'm new to the program, so can't comment on the use of Crystal Light (but know someone here will know that answer :) ) Any possibility of getting a different coach? This one doesn't sound very positive. I can see lowering the boom if you were cheating, but 10lbs in 2 weeks is awesome on any diet.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

rokkerchik20
01-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Good Morning IP Friends!

Sounds liek the cold snap is all across Canada, We have been in minus 30's all week, with nearl -50's with the wind chill.

I dont know what it is about this weaterh, but all week, i want to be in bed by 7pm and want to eat everything in my sight! Have been trying to curb it off with herbal tea! cant wait till it warms up, i hope my crazy appetite goes away!

Jag23
WYO could you send me some MOI also? I'm not sure how to send my adress privately......Can you let me know?

lindac36

My coach said 2-4 pounds per week is average for a woman. I'd say you are doing perfectly. Feel good about your accomplishment. 10 pounds in 2 weeks that is phenomenal! Good for YOU

AK907
Wow, Jag23 you're doing great for hypothyroidism. It'd be great if you didn't have hypothyroidism. You're suppose to lose like 3 pounds a week on this diet anyway, so 4 is pretty good. I hope I can lose 4 this week but I don't think I even will. If you look on the ideal protein boxes, sucralose is an ingredient...it's actually an artificial sweetner.

lindac36
01-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Can someone evaluate this and tell me if I could use it? There is tomato puree in it, and sugar is listed as the 3rd to the last ingredient, right before spices. There is no MSG. Hopefully that is enough info.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 cup (125g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30
Calories 70

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3.5g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 400mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 3g
Protein 1g

Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 2% Iron 4%

Jag23
01-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Thx guys for the positive feedback. You are the BEST!

tenniels
01-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Just wanted to say I hope you're all having a fab day on program. I had the Peach & Mango drink for breakfast and it was sooo good. It's the closest thing I've had to fruit since starting and I really enjoyed that. Will be on the list for my next "shopping" trip.

On a sidenote, WUV, I hope you had understood my post in yesterday's daily thread. I did explain, but I don't know if you read it or not. I came here for support like everyone else, and was only trying to offer what I could. I had no problem with what you said, I just offered something slightly different. Hope everything is okay.

tenniels
01-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Good Morning IP Friends!

Sounds liek the cold snap is all across Canada, We have been in minus 30's all week, with nearl -50's with the wind chill.

I dont know what it is about this weaterh, but all week, i want to be in bed by 7pm and want to eat everything in my sight! Have been trying to curb it off with herbal tea! cant wait till it warms up, i hope my crazy appetite goes away!

Ack, I totally agree!!! This cold snap puts me in hibernation mode and eating and sleeping is all I feel like doing. Thank goodness for motivation, or that is exactly all I'd be doing!

Momto2cs
01-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Elissa

I could have written this!

It has come down to me packing him a bag to take to work and I say-you can eat this and nothing else but water and black coffee!

I have his dinner (and mine) on a plate for when he gets home.

And that's it for the day!!!!

Renewing Myself
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Quite a few of us Albertans on the board trying to get through this cold snap (and our neighbors to the East!)

New Englander - thanks for the veggie suggestions, that does sound doable. I also want to find a recipe for homemade veggie soup, my coach mentioned it today and I think that would be a good way to get them in as well.

Oh - I was down 6.8 lbs today for my first weigh in!!! :carrot: Very happy with that and look forward to this week.

Momto2cs
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM

How long did you cook them?

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
do you just microwave these or bake in an oven? they look good!

Baked in the oven @ 350 for 8 minutes. 7 minutes will keep them a little underdone in the middle and they will be like lava brownies :) :) :)

Danni1
01-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Had my first weigh in yesterday and I am down 5.3lbs!! I am happy with than, especially since it is TOM. The best part was how excited and happy my husband is for me! This is the first time he has ever been totally 100% supportive of what I am doing. He understands why I can't cheat and even will cook special OP meals when it is his turn to prepare supper!

DanafromAustin
01-19-2012, 04:16 PM

Elissa

I can totally relate to your frustration with your husband, as I had the same issues when my daughter started IP a couple of weeks after I did. I told her from the very beginning that I would be happy to pay for her IP food, however she had to read the sheet and understand everything. I didn't want any complaining while she went through carb withdrawals (blame me for how bad she felt when it was her idea to do this) and she couldn't ask me what she couldn't or could have on this plan. I needed her to "own" this too. I'm generally not that hard on her, actually I'm a push over when it comes to my kids, but if I was going to pay for her then I wanted her to take responsibility too. She's been on the plan now for three months and just about at goal, and for the most part has taken ownership thank goodness.

I've lost 55 pounds and the only people who have noticed is my family. I was talking to a friend the other day who started IP a couple of months ago and we both agreed that people may notice, but don't want to bring attention to the fact in case you are uncomfortable or they just didn't care/notice that we were fat to start with. ;) I know eventually someone has to say something. In the meantime I really don't care that much because I can really tell, and so can my husband and kids. And they're the only people I really care what they think.

I'm a long time lurker, as I mentioned in a different post. I just want to say "Hi" to everyone. I feel like I know so many of you. I've been snowed in since Sunday and I had the pleasure of cooking dinner for my family on our woodstove last night when the power went out. But even with all the stress, I am staying on plan and have not had any problems doing it!!!

Glad you came out of lurkdom to say hi. :)

IP says the average weight loss for women is 3 to 4 pounds per week. Other than the first two weeks hardly anyone looses 6 pounds per week, and if they do it was a once or twice thing at most. It sounds like you are doing great, now your coach on the other hand might have a problem. ;)

frazzledmom04
01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Can someone evaluate this and tell me if I could use it? There is tomato puree in it, and sugar is listed as the 3rd to the last ingredient, right before spices. There is no MSG. Hopefully that is enough info.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30
Calories 70

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3.5g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 400mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 3g
Protein 1g

Calcium 2% Iron 4%

I would have to say no because its not 0/0/0 but if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

Momto2cs
01-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Congrats! That's great. :D I feel the same way about working out. I was working with a personal trainer before starting IP and now am not sure what to do about him. hmm.. Any thoughts?

Unless you feel too weak keep at it and add one low carb packet to those days.
You will be happy at the end when you are thin and toned...trust me:)

Your losses may slow some. You will have to see and decide if that's ok...

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Just wanted to say I hope you're all having a fab day on program. I had the Peach & Mango drink for breakfast and it was sooo good. It's the closest thing I've had to fruit since starting and I really enjoyed that. Will be on the list for my next "shopping" trip.

On a sidenote, WUV, I hope you had understood my post in yesterday's daily thread. I did explain, but I don't know if you read it or not. I came here for support like everyone else, and was only trying to offer what I could. I had no problem with what you said, I just offered something slightly different. Hope everything is okay.
I did read it and everything is fine.

I do want to thank all of you who have said I have helped you in some way. I must say y'all have me crying (in a good way). I am not going anywhere, I will be here. I still have 70lbs to go.

I had a NSV last night, I saw an assistant manager I used to work for last night. She didn't recognize me, I called out her name, she looked then looked around me then looked at me again and said Lisa? I laughed and said yea its me. She said OMG you are so skinny!!!....I said far from it but thank you....she said NO REALLY look at you!.....she asked what I did and I told her I am on a special diet. She said a diet? you already barely ate as it was. I said well I wasn't eating enough and when I did eat I wasn't eating the right foods. Now I eat 3 meals a day and a snack and I have loss 119lbs in 7 months. Her mouth dropped to the floor. She said OMG you lost ME!....I said Yup....she said if I go down another 70lbs I will be bones....I told her ummmm NO I won't...lol...I am a big boned girl though. We had a nice visit and she said she wants to keep up with me and I need to visit her again sometime soon. It was a great feeling and made me smile :)

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM
I would have to say no because its not 0/0/0 but if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

You are correct, This would be NO!!

Lorilou
01-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Good Afternoon To All,

WI# 14 -4lbs, I cannot believe I lost 61lbs in 14 weeks this is just too amazing. Hope everyone has great WI's too.

Congrats on the loss :carrot:

One day at a time...

It is one day at a time and sometimes one meal at a time. You'll get through..just keep focused on the goal and you'll get there :hug:

Down another 3 lbs this week. I have been on a roll since my "mess up" over the holidays. I have been sticking exactly to plan and drinking my water and is it ever working. We have had such a cold spell here and my car which is an old car, the driver door gets frozen and i cant get the lock up when i get in my car so i have to climb over to the passenger side to get out sometimes. I was thinking if i hadnt lost all this weight, i may have been trapped in my car for a couple of hours or until the door thawed.....lol... cause i dont think i could have done all this climbing i have to do in my car now...lol..

Good job on the WI :cb: I would call your car incident a NSV! :cp:

Quite a few of us Albertans on the board trying to get through this cold snap (and our neighbors to the East!)

New Englander - thanks for the veggie suggestions, that does sound doable. I also want to find a recipe for homemade veggie soup, my coach mentioned it today and I think that would be a good way to get them in as well.

Oh - I was down 6.8 lbs today for my first weigh in!!! :carrot: Very happy with that and look forward to this week.

Isn't is great to see the scale move on your first WI :dancer: So motivating! Keep up thye good work!

Had my first weigh in yesterday and I am down 5.3lbs!! I am happy with than, especially since it is TOM. The best part was how excited and happy my husband is for me! This is the first time he has ever been totally 100% supportive of what I am doing. He understands why I can't cheat and even will cook special OP meals when it is his turn to prepare supper!

Congtrats on the first WI :carrot: keep it up! You are lucky to have the support of your husband and a gold star for him for cooking OP meals for you :bravo:

I do want to thank all of you who have said I have helped you in some way. I must say y'all have me crying (in a good way). I am not going anywhere, I will be here. I still have 70lbs to go.

I had a NSV last night, I saw an assistant manager I used to work for last night. She didn't recognize me, I called out her name, she looked then looked around me then looked at me again and said Lisa? I laughed and said yea its me. She said OMG you are so skinny!!!....I said far from it but thank you....she said NO REALLY look at you!.....she asked what I did and I told her I am on a special diet. She said a diet? you already barely ate as it was. I said well I wasn't eating enough and when I did eat I wasn't eating the right foods. Now I eat 3 meals a day and a snack and I have loss 119lbs in 7 months. Her mouth dropped to the floor. She said OMG you lost ME!....I said Yup....she said if I go down another 70lbs I will be bones....I told her ummmm NO I won't...lol...I am a big boned girl though. We had a nice visit and she said she wants to keep up with me and I need to visit her again sometime soon. It was a great feeling and made me smile :)

What a great NSV :cp:

tenniels
01-19-2012, 04:44 PM

I had a NSV last night

Okay good. I've only been here a short while and you've already helped me :) You're the go-to guru for all things IP! I'm a people pleaser and when it comes down to it, I really do just want people to like me. Nobody wants you going anywhere!

And super big congrats on you NSV! Those moments in life really make the hard work and sacrifice worth it. 119lbs in 7 months is beyond fantastic!!!! You go girl :carrot:

sandralosingweight
01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Can someone please tell me how I can do multiple quotes, I tried to click on the multiple quote icon on the bottom right, but that did not give me more than one quote!

Please help

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm new to the program, so can't comment on the use of Crystal Light (but know someone here will know that answer :) ) Any possibility of getting a different coach? This one doesn't sound very positive. I can see lowering the boom if you were cheating, but 10lbs in 2 weeks is awesome on any diet.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
I do drink some Crystal Light as a "treat" there is SOME aspartame in it but its not very much. I don't drink the whole pitcher in a day but I do have a glass or 2 a day.

did you get the sheet with the nutritional values of the packets we eat and the one with the supplements? If not I can upload it here for you to see :)

Good afternoon!

This is my favorite part of my IP day. Kids are down, just finished my veggies and I'm eating my lunch bar and drinking some hot tea while catching up. :D

I do have a question though for some of you more experienced at traveling with IP. I have to spend the night away tonight and don't want to forget anything. I will eat dinner before I go but will have to have breakfast there (and possibly my lunch bar, but I'm not worrying about veggies til I get home). Here's what I've packed:

1c. Zucchini Chips (holdover from dinner since I'm going to have to eat early before I go)
Evening Snack (Jelly)
3 bags of herbal tea
A couple packets of Splenda
Shaker
Cappuccino packet
Supplements
Plus my shaker and a travel mug for heating the tea / cappuccino in

Is there anything obvious I'm forgetting? I will have access to a fridge / micro if I need it. Thanks so much for looking it over!
I would bring an "extra" packet or 2 just in case something happens and you have to stay longer than expected. Also, bring a few pickles with you just in case. You are only bring one cup of veggies just in case you get hungry and need something to "snack" on. Better to be over prepared than not have enough :)

OK, first off your numbers are incredible and you are doing fantastic Second, you coach is INSANE!!!...you are losing ABOVE average, there is NO where in the books that say you should be losing 6lbs a week. I have hypo as well and my average is 3.2lbs a week over the last 37 weeks. THIS is YOUR JOURNEY, she doesn't walk in your shoes, she doesn't know how busy and hectic your day is. ONLY YOU DO! The night shift may or may not affect you, you just have to figure out what is going to work for you. I would have only a glass or 2 of the crystal light, get some MIO instead, there are 7 different flavors to choose from and its quick and easy to keep in your purse, its a small tear drop bottle. One bottle makes 18-24 8oz glasses depending how big of a squirt you put in it. Remember like I said earlier this is YOUR journey, don't let your coach get you down. If she is saying negative things to you like she has, then she is not much of a coach. ANY LOSS is a successful week no matter how big or small or even if you stay the same. This week I stayed exactly the same as last week, and you will have weeks like that but its just your body catching up to the weight you have loss already. You my dear chickie are doing OUTSTANDING....keep it up!!

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 05:06 PM
WYO could you send me some MOI also? I'm not sure how to send my adress privately......Can you let me know?

Sure- go to my email address and tell me where you want it mailed. Guess what-- just went to walmart and they have great value brand of the same stuff!!!! :carrot::carrot:dollar cheaper, same ingredents!:((cant spell) So the flavors are Peachmango, berrypomegranet, fruit punch, sweettea, peach tea, grape, orangetangerine, and walmart had limonade and acia berry and some of the same ones as MIO. Pick one and tell me at my yahoo address.

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-19-2012, 05:10 PM
No power here and my battery on the laptop is about to die. We've been hit by the "big snow" which is mostly big ice. There's like 184,000 people out of power. My WI was today but my clinic is closed. Luckily, I've saved 3 extra packets. So at least I will make it through the day OP. Don't know what tomorrow will bring. Please wish us luck that none of our huge trees will damage our house and that we'll be safe. Talk to you guys soon. Stay strong my Seattle area IPeeps!

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
No power here and my battery on the laptop is about to die. We've been hit by the "big snow" which is mostly big ice. There's like 184,000 people out of power. My WI was today but my clinic is closed. Luckily, I've saved 3 extra packets. So at least I will make it through the day OP. Don't know what tomorrow will bring. Please wish us luck that none of our huge trees will damage our house and that we'll be safe. Talk to you guys soon. Stay strong my Seattle area IPeeps!

OH WOW!!!...stay safe!!....do what you can to stay OP but if you can't, you know what you can have if you run out of food. THIS is out of your control, so if you do not stay OP DON'T beat yourself up.

THISTIME4ME
01-19-2012, 05:24 PM

Be Safe!!! I'm right there with you. We lost power 3 times for an hour or so each. We also had a couple of high branches crash down early this morning. We'll talk soon. :)

wyo1963
01-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Be Safe!!! I'm right there with you. We lost power 3 times for an hour or so each. We also had a couple of high branches crash down early this morning. We'll talk soon. :)

Take care! Welcome to the normal weather in WY. Sucks cuz your not used to it though! Put on a bike helmet and stay away from the trees! Good time to bond with the BF!:hug: or a good book! Be safe!

sandralosingweight
01-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Can someone please tell me how I can do multiple quotes, I tried to click on the multiple quote icon on the bottom right, but that did not give me more than one quote!

Please help

Anybody? Please

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Anybody? Please

Click the plus sign it should turn red on each quote you want to do then click the post a reply...all of the quotes will come up. After each quote you will see [quote] click after the bracket and reply to that quote then go to the next one

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Anybody? Please

You click the + button beside the regular quote button, THEN when you want to add another one, click the + beside it and THEN the "quote" button :)

Gardengurl71
01-19-2012, 06:36 PM
It's odd how much free time I have since I am not obsessing about food or compulsively overeating all day...my house has never been more organized:)

Hope everyone is staying warm and OP today!!!!! Congrats to all who had losses and NSV's !!!

3mama
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Tomorrow I meet with the Dr. for my consultation and then immediately with the IP coach to go over the protocol. Then I can start on Monday. So excited! I've never been excited to start a diet before. Under Wuv's advice I will start limiting carbs to hopefully reduce some of the withdrawal side effects. Thanks for all the inspiration everyone!

mrsmurphy
01-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Hellooo Everyone :)

Going to dinner tonight at my aunt's house. She called to see what I wanted, she said she will eat whatever I can eat. She is so supportive. So we are having a spinach and lettuce salad with cucumbers, green peppers and grilled chicken. I have really begun to LOVE salads, especially with spinach because the spinach counts towards veggies (it's so helpful). So, another successful day here OP. Everyday gets easier!

DONT QUIT BEFORE THE MIRACLE HAPPENS! :)

northernfawn
01-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Dear Wuv

I ditto this. I am on week 1 of this program, but I was lurking for a few weeks reasearching and trying to decide whether to jump into yet another program. Wuv you are the inspiration that finally swayed me to go ahead and I thank you for all the support you have given others and in advance for the support I know will be there when I need it...

mrsmurphy
01-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Finally able to start a ticker and make a signature! YAY :)

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 07:07 PM
I ditto this. I am on week 1 of this program, but I was lurking for a few weeks reasearching and trying to decide whether to jump into yet another program. Wuv you are the inspiration that finally swayed me to go ahead and I thank you for all the support you have given others and in advance for the support I know will be there when I need it...

Congrats and Thank you! I am glad you came out of lurking, its always good to see new faces on this journey :) Welcome to the IP family:hug:

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 07:11 PM
OMG!!!!.....I just put on a pair of sweat pants that are.....OMG....XL....size XL....NO number in from of the XL....OMG!!!!!....5XL sweat pants were TIGHT ON ME when I started...OMG OMG OMG!!!!.....sorry just a little excited right now....hahahha

MaMaZu
01-19-2012, 07:15 PM
OMG!!!!.....I just put on a pair of sweat pants that are.....OMG....XL....size XL....NO number in from of the XL....OMG!!!!!....5XL sweat pants were TIGHT ON ME when I started...OMG OMG OMG!!!!.....sorry just a little excited right now....hahahha

Soooo happy for you!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

tenniels
01-19-2012, 07:15 PM

:carrot: This made my afternoon!!!!!! Do you realize how flippin' awesome that is?!?! Double NSV day for Wuv! :carrot:

Louisiana chick
01-19-2012, 07:18 PM

How awesome is that!! I know you must have cried when they fit. Congratulations and I love reading all your positive comments.

JKfromIL
01-19-2012, 07:22 PM

That is great! I had the same feeling when I had to go buy a smaller size pant just to have something presentable to wear to my WI! :)

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
THANKS!!...I had to call my mom cuz they were HER sweat pants I couldn't pull on when she gave them to me at Christmas time when we went "shopping" in her closet....lol...I was like MOM....guess what? she said OH NO what now?....lol....I said those XL sweat pants FIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....she said well its time for you to come visit again cuz I have more pants you will fit into then...haha...Time to make a trip home again!....lol

lindac36
01-19-2012, 07:32 PM
THANKS!!...I had to call my mom cuz they were HER sweat pants I couldn't pull on when she gave them to me at Christmas time when we went "shopping" in her closet....lol...I was like MOM....guess what? she said OH NO what now?....lol....I said those XL sweat pants FIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....she said well its time for you to come visit again cuz I have more pants you will fit into then...haha...Time to make a trip home again!....lol

WOOOOHOOOO!!!:dizzy:

lindac36
01-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 30
Calories 70

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 3.5g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 400mg 17%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 3g
Protein 1g

Calcium 2% Iron 4%
I wasn't clear, I didn't mean if I could have it as a free food, I meant if I could have it as part of my dinner with my protein. If the answer is still no, all is good, but, with only 7 grams of carbs, I thought I could use it.

ShellyT
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
These look so good. I can't do the IP so am on the alternative...wish we could get something similar in the alternate world. Enjoy!

ShellyT
01-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Good Afternoon To All,

AWESOME! Congrats to all your hard work!

Shemsham
01-19-2012, 07:52 PM

how exciting!!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 07:52 PM
These look so good. I can't do the IP so am on the alternative...wish we could get something similar in the alternate world. Enjoy!

You can! Nashua Nutrition sells the packets! :D

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I wasn't clear, I didn't mean if I could have it as a free food, I meant if I could have it as part of my dinner with my protein. If the answer is still no, all is good, but, with only 7 grams of carbs, I thought I could use it.

I honestly would stay away from it with all the sugars, carbs and fat. Tomato as it is, is an occasional veggie only 2x a week. I know when I have tomatoes my losses are small so I tend to stay away from them

Shemsham
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I just finished a lunch meeting, not only was there fresh pizza involved - I had to pick the pizza up and deliver it.

Kept chugging water and didn't have a piece but boy was that hard

~Tammy

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 07:57 PM
I just finished a lunch meeting, not only was there fresh pizza involved - I had to pick the pizza up and deliver it.

~Tammy

Congrats on getting through that, I know my mouth waters when my son brings home pizza. I KNOW when I have my first CHEAT when I get to Maintanence I am going to Pizza hut and having a Super Supreme Pan pizza!!!....lol

ShellyT
01-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Nice one too! :D

patns
01-19-2012, 07:59 PM

You are 5"1", you want to loss 30 pounds and she thinks you can lose 6 pounds a week????? What's she smoking?

ShellyT
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Nice one too! :D
This was to mrsmurphy ticker.....still trying to learn how to work this reply thing.

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 08:00 PM
You are 5"1", you want to loss 30 pounds and she thinks you can lose 6 pounds a week????? What's she smoking?

LOL.....that is what I am thinking Pat!...High 5 on that one!:high::high:

ShellyT
01-19-2012, 08:04 PM
You can! Nashua Nutrition sells the packets! :D
I think I am going shopping....thank you!!!!

Jag23
01-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Congradulations WUV2bloved on the new size!!!!! Awesome.......I can't thank you enough for your kind words regarding myself......I will speak to my coach about her negative feedback. I was actually shocked when she wasn't pleased with my weight lose so far........Keep OP everyone,you are The Best

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM
I think I am going shopping....thank you!!!!

No problem! Glad it's out there :)

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Congradulations WUV2bloved on the new size!!!!! Awesome.......I can't thank you enough for your kind words regarding myself......I will speak to my coach about her negative feedback. I was actually shocked when she wasn't pleased with my weight lose so far........Keep OP everyone,you are The Best
As long as YOU know you are staying OP and following it 100%, that is all you can do. YOU have NO CONTROL over how fast your body will release the weight. If that was the case then we would all snap our fingers and make it go away over night, which we all know won't happen. Like I said you are doing Fantastic for your first 2 week so keep up the good work!

starry1672
01-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Down another 3.4, 9 lbs in 12 days!

purple sky
01-19-2012, 08:16 PM

Double Yayyyy!!!

And to those of you with the trippy coaches, ugh. They are there to support you, to help you achieve your goals. You can make yourself feel bad on your own, there is no reason to pay for that.

My coach has people she can go to if she does not have an immediate answer to my questions. I do believe IP wants to know about centers that are more interested in pushing product than helping you. That's not what they are about

Ooh, this post has pretty colors.

Tmg1989

Ride the wave! Congrats! :D

Momto2cs
Sigh
I wish I could snap my fingers and have it done!
I am losing very slowly...I can see a difference physically, but the scale is moving very slowly. I am trying not to let it get to me as my dh is doing great. But grrrrrr ;)

Tomorrow is wi #2, 19 days op... So we'll see. Maybe the whoosh fairy will visit.

patns
Wuv, you are fitting pants you couldn't fit at Chrstmas!! That is such a short time ago. Just think, the next step down will have no letter in front of the "L".

Pat

lindac36
Down another 3.4, 9 lbs in 12 days!

You did it!:bravo:

Beanie Mommy
01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
WI #3 today - the good news is I made it under the 250 mark. Yay!

I'm a little disappointed that I only lost 3 lbs. this week, but I'll take it. I lost 17 lbs. during my first 2 weeks, so I was hoping for more.

Does anyone know of any special "tricks" on how to maximize pounds lost without exercising? (my coach says not to)

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Wuv, you are fitting pants you couldn't fit at Chrstmas!! That is such a short time ago. Just think, the next step down will have no letter in front of the "L".

Pat

I know, its kinda tripping me out.....lol....I don't EVER remember being in an XL.....EVER!!!....maybe back in High School and that was over 28 yrs ago.....lol

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 08:20 PM

I'm a little disappointed that I only lost 3 lbs. this week, but I'll take it. I lost 17 lbs. during my first 2 weeks, so I was hoping for more.

Does anyone know of any special "tricks" on how to maximize pounds lost without exercising? (my coach says not to)

3lbs at this weigh in is amazing! you should be proud! the other 17 pounds were a combo of lots of water weight [if you weren't dieting prior to this]!

there's no real tricks I don't believe. it's just how your body loses lol.

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 08:24 PM

there are NO TRICKS to this plan, just follow it, the pounds and inches will come off. Your body needs to adjust to the big losses you have had. I would of KILLED for your ONLY 3lb loss, I stayed the same and happy with that. Lots of people would have KILLED for those 3lbs

starry1672
01-19-2012, 08:24 PM
I know, its kinda tripping me out.....lol....I don't EVER remember being in an XL.....EVER!!!....maybe back in High School and that was over 28 yrs ago.....lol

That's fantastic!!

Beanie Mommy
01-19-2012, 08:27 PM
3lbs at this weigh in is amazing! you should be proud! the other 17 pounds were a combo of lots of water weight [if you weren't dieting prior to this]!

there's no real tricks I don't believe. it's just how your body loses lol.

Thanks - that helps :hug:

I'll just have to be patient and make sure I stay OP. Reading this daily thread and getting some kind words of encouragement really wants me to keep going. You guys are pretty awesome!

mompattie
01-19-2012, 08:34 PM
You click the + button beside the regular quote button, THEN when you want to add another one, click the + beside it and THEN the "quote" button :)

~Tammy

WAY TO GO!!! That would be super hard, and then have that pizza smell lingering in your car all day....ugh. But Wuv said it best: The food will be there when we're done!! You should be proud of yourself!! Way to stick to your goals!!

purple sky
01-19-2012, 08:36 PM
I am really excited about two things.

1. Getting a signature. For some reason the visual of the ticker is really powerful.

2. I hit mini-goal #1. I wanted to see the number 1 as the 3rd digit on the scale and I did. The next part of that goal is to see the number 4 as my second digit. The reason this first goal is so important to me is because that is the lowest I have been in years. No matter what I did I just could not get below that. I did over the summer but it came back. So, I was really excited when I saw it on the scale the other day. I set another number for my next mini goal.

Bellamack
01-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Hello,

Well, missing my daughter (went back to Cali where it is warm). I have to get back on Phase I, but just not there yet.

patns - laughed out loud at "what is your coach smoking?" I was thinking the same thing.

I stayed OP for 5 months & my loss averaged out to 1.75/wk. I have hypothyroid too. My coach thought I must of been cheating, but then over the long run, she was very happy with me. I guess if you have smaller losses, they think you are cheating. But I don't think post-meno, hypothyroid woman lose at the upper range, unless they have alot to lose.

Keep warm, my neighbors to the North and for you all in Seattle, whoa, just stay safe!

kimmyskelter
01-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey guys...congrats on everything. great job. plz dnt beat up urselves if u didnt lose a whole lot of weight yet...remember its a process......:hug::hug::D:D
anyway, this is day 11 for me and im down 9 pounds already.......thank GOD! im sooo tired...jus got in and im sooo tired....anyway, im gonna watch biggest loser now so laterr!:carrot::carrot:

kimmyskelter
01-19-2012, 08:58 PM
yuuuup

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-19-2012, 09:08 PM
I'd like to live in a bubble so that once I'm over pneumonia, I never ever EVER catch it again x.x This is the worst feeling in the world! D; Today I can barely speak. Tomorrow I finally will be able to get my antibiotics. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get over this (it's regular pneumonia, not walking pneumonia), but it's disheartening that it could be a month or more. Then when I'm not sick anymore, my weight will likely go back up and I'll have to start all over ):

Beanie Mommy
01-19-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd like to live in a bubble so that once I'm over pneumonia, I never ever EVER catch it again x.x This is the worst feeling in the world! D; Today I can barely speak. Tomorrow I finally will be able to get my antibiotics. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get over this (it's regular pneumonia, not walking pneumonia), but it's disheartening that it could be a month or more. Then when I'm not sick anymore, my weight will likely go back up and I'll have to start all over ):

Poor Backdrop... Feel better soon! Pneumonia really sucks.

Magicpinecone
01-19-2012, 09:40 PM
How Awesome! :carrot:
Congrats on getting through that, I know my mouth waters when my son brings home pizza. I KNOW when I have my first CHEAT when I get to Maintanence I am going to Pizza hut and having a Super Supreme Pan pizza!!!....lol
My husband ordered Pizza hut for him and the kids last month before he left again and it was pure torture for me. I went into our bedroom and shut the door while they ate. I've decided if I ever loose my will power it's going to be over a super supreme pan pizza or Mama Tia's tortilla chips. Thankfully, I haven't had to face these two demons on low will power days or I'd be a goner.

frazzledmom04
01-19-2012, 09:50 PM

You're doing AMAZING!!!!! Pretty soon there won't even be an X!!! :carrot:
Keep on doing what you're doing girl!!!!!!

starry1672
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
How Awesome! :carrot:

My husband ordered Pizza hut for him and the kids last month before he left again and it was pure torture for me. I went into our bedroom and shut the door while they ate. I've decided if I ever loose my will power it's going to be over a super supreme pan pizza or Mama Tia's tortilla chips. Thankfully, I haven't had to face these two demons on low will power days or I'd be a goner.

Mine is pizza and chinese food!

Wuvs Mom
01-19-2012, 10:04 PM
That was my first cheat day treat. I ordered the personal pan pizza and ate the whole thing with a salad. LOL!!!!

licaba
01-19-2012, 10:05 PM
WI #2 today -2!! Past two days I've been a little off I think TOM is creeping up on me. Had a viscious headache today, kinda rained on my -2 lbs parade lol

Mkssweetie
01-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Iam starting week 3 of IP. My weigh in today was canceled due to weather but my home scale says 1.5 pounds down. this is my second time on IP. The first time i did it with my teenage son and lost about 35 pounds. We quit before going through all of the phases and of course gained the weight back. I am struggling staying OP. Some days are great and there have been a couple that I have really blown. I am glad to have found others here to have a support system. I lost it slowly the first time so I am trying to not be discouraged at small numbers this time.:(

Icathinme
01-19-2012, 10:13 PM
First WI today, and I'm down 7 lbs and 5 inches! So flippin' proud of myself.

Question: I've been very nauseated in the evenings. I'm so full throughout the day that I can't eat all of my food. I've tried spacing things out, but I literally gag the food down. Are these two connected? Any trips or tricks? I still have one more packet to go for the day...ugh...I don't think I can do it. :(

Also...tried the zucchini chips tonight, and they didn't get crispy...are they supposed to? I want something crunchy for the weekend!

Mkssweetie
01-19-2012, 10:27 PM
The first time I did the diet i found that it was the thick puddings that made me gag. I now stick with the drinks. I even make the raspberry jelly with warm water (8ounces) and drink it warm. It goes down easy, warms me up and is not many calories for an evening snack.:)

grassfedbeef
01-19-2012, 10:33 PM

The veggies were really hard for me at first too. I don't like raw veggies at all. I eat basically the same veggies (or rotation of veggies) most of the time now. My favorites are Kale chips (the ones you make with vinegar and oil), the fried "rice" cauliflower, chicken noodle soup without chicken and filled with whatever veggies I have on hand, so it's really more like a veggie soup and german coleslaw. All of these recipes I found on this site in the recipe section. I have many more that I'd like to try too. It takes a lot of time, but it is so exciting once you find something you love! These are all things I will keep eating even when I don't have to anymore! Good luck!

patns
01-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Iam starting week 3 of IP. My weigh in today was canceled due to weather but my home scale says 1.5 pounds down. this is my second time on IP. The first time i did it with my teenage son and lost about 35 pounds. We quit before going through all of the phases and of course gained the weight back. I am struggling staying OP. Some days are great and there have been a couple that I have really blown. I am glad to have found others here to have a support system. I lost it slowly the first time so I am trying to not be discouraged at small numbers this time.:(

Hi sweetie;
I think those of us built closer to the ground tend to lose slower. Just speaking from my personal experience though. Just keep on trucking and the numbers do add up.

Good luck!

Pat

grassfedbeef
01-19-2012, 10:40 PM

I am nearing 70 pounds lost and I still have some friends (pretty good friends at that) who haven't said a word!!!! Don't know if they haven't noticed or just haven't said anything. I feel great and that's all that matters! Hang in there!

Mkssweetie
01-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks Pat :hug: I needed that encouragement. People were talking earlier today about what they put in their water. i too don't like plain water and have found true lemon, true lime, and true orange they have no sugar in them but stevia added works too. I find them online or at the grocery store. The company just came out with true grapefruit and sent me a couple to try. I loved them with the stevia, very refreshing!

Louisiana chick
01-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I am nearing 70 pounds lost and I still have some friends (pretty good friends at that) who haven't said a word!!!! Don't know if they haven't noticed or just haven't said anything. I feel great and that's all that matters! Hang in there!

While I was losing weight, lots of people were hesitant to tell me something because they weren't sure if I was trying to lose weight or if I was sick. Congratulations on losing nearly 70 pounds. That is a major accomplishment.

Gardengurl71
01-19-2012, 10:54 PM

Plan on a good 4-6 weeks to be fully recovered. Your antibiotics should help a lot...you will just feel weak. I understand how awful you feel...it seems Like you will never be healthy again...but you will! be patient, rest and focus on getting better!!! Take care :)

kiki4me
01-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Back on track after goofing up yesterday...Feels so good to have learned my lesson - and not wanting to return to that awful feeling of being off-program (and getting headaches back). Hope everyone else had a great day! :)

tenniels
01-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Back on track after goofing up yesterday...Feels so good to have learned my lesson - and not wanting to return to that awful feeling of being off-program (and getting headaches back). Hope everyone else had a great day! :)

Good job getting back at er!!! Getting yourself up and dusted off can sometimes be the hardest part, and you did just that! :cp:

alaskastarr
01-20-2012, 04:16 AM

YAY!!!:woohoo: :cheer2: WTG WUV!!! I think this totally just made my evening!!!

I continue to watch as people succeed on a daily basis and I'm just blown away by all of this! I think this place is the reason so many people succeed....especially when we have people who are so like you who continue to always make us smile and uplift us and give us tough love when we need it! Keep going girl...keep moving forward!!! Onward and upward we all will go!!!

Linden
01-20-2012, 04:26 AM
The first time I did the diet i found that it was the thick puddings that made me gag. I now stick with the drinks. I even make the raspberry jelly with warm water (8ounces) and drink it warm. It goes down easy, warms me up and is not many calories for an evening snack.:)

I had the same reaction to the puddings; and found them way too sweet. Then I started to add 16 ounces of water instead of 8. Some people add 10-12 and ice cubes plus blender. WoW, what a difference. A nice creamy shake, twice as much water than the ready made, and many puddings are lower carb than the other products. A really win win for me. Plus, I really like them that way. :D

Lorilou
01-20-2012, 09:40 AM

That is amazing :carrot: Congrats :D

~Tammy

OMG...That would have so hard for me. Pizza is one of my favorite food groups :lol: and I'm not sure If I would be able to handle it. That sounds like a NSV to me :carrot:

Great job on getting below 250. You shouldn't be disappointed with ONLY a 3 lbs weight loss. That is 3 lbs you will no longer have to carry around. You should be proud of yourself! :hug:

I am really excited about two things.

1. Getting a signature. For some reason the visual of the ticker is really powerful.

2. I hit mini-goal #1. I wanted to see the number 1 as the 3rd digit on the scale and I did. The next part of that goal is to see the number 4 as my second digit. The reason this first goal is so important to me is because that is the lowest I have been in years. No matter what I did I just could not get below that. I did over the summer but it came back. So, I was really excited when I saw it on the scale the other day. I set another number for my next mini goal.

Congrats on meeting your mini goal :carrot:

I am sorry to hear that you are so sick. You need to cxoncentrate on getting better because that is the most important thing right now. You can restart the program when you are better and we will all be here to support you.:hug:

THISTIME4ME
01-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Take care! Welcome to the normal weather in WY. Sucks cuz your not used to it though! Put on a bike helmet and stay away from the trees! Good time to bond with the BF!:hug: or a good book! Be safe!

HI,

I've always wanted to visit WY, haven't made it there yet. Probably in the summer, though I think. :)

We survived the last of the snow storm. Now comes the rain. And floods. :(

The good news is that I have stayed on plan through all of this, even though I am so tired of being in the house with nothing to do (Well, there's plenty to do, just nothing appealing). Weigh in is tomorrow, so we shall see what the effect of staying home all week is.

Thanks (again) to all of you who have posted here. I am very encouraged this time around.

Heidi

THISTIME4ME
01-20-2012, 05:49 PM

Wow WUV, you are such an inspiration!!!

I hope one day that I will feel comfortable enough to post pictures.

Heidi