Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Starting weight - 337

Height: 6ft

Default New!

Hello everyone!

First I'd like to ask, is the 100lb club where there are those who wish to lose 100 or more pounds?

I'm ecstatic that I stumbled upon this forum I hope that it's ok that I'm introducing myself in a new thread. My name is Anne. I'm 34 and have 3 boys, one 15, one 4 and one 15 months. I had lap band surgery in 2004 and was successful from then until about 2008. I was 402 (I'm also 6ft tall!) and went down to about 255. That wasn't where I wanted to end, but I was getting down to a size 20 or so and was so excited. Then my job allowed me to start working from home, which in so many ways, helped a lot. However, it led me to be very sedentary. I then got pregnant and well, here I am now. I now weigh 337.

I've had my band tightened a couple of times and it's just not helping. So, I decided to join the gym. I'm going 4 times a week and doing the workout given to me by the personal trainer. I've been going to the gym since about the first of the year (New Years Resolution!), went about 3 times a week until last week when I started 4 times a week with the trainers instruction.

Anyway...enough rambling. I need help! I live in a house with an overweight husband who loves to eat. He says he wants to eat healthier but it's not happening. I need to do this for me. For me and my children. I need to be able to get down on the floor and play with them. I need to be able to squat. I need to be able to move without hurting. I want to fit in my closet full of clothes. I'm not looking for a miracle but I need to lose at LEAST 100lbs. I would love to get to 200. With my height, I think I'd look good at 200. I think that's a reasonable goal.

Any support, ideas, assistance, advice...anything you gals could give me would be greatly appreciated!
ellay42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Hi, Ellay! Welcome to the forum. Anyone can post in this sub-forum, but most of us who do are all in the same boat - you got it right - 100 or more pounds to lose.

You'll find lots of friendly people in here who all have the same goal and face the same struggles. As you browse through the entire 3FC site you'll see lots of sub groups, but this one is very active and that helped me while I was losing.

It sounds like you have a great exercise plan in place. I hope you have an equally great food plan, too. Maybe the healthy eating will impact your husband, too. One of the women I met at my gym started cooking healthy and in the time she lost about 30 pounds, her husband lost 10 and was thrilled with the changes. Her kids got on the bandwagon and everyone benefited.

Everyone has different plans for healthy eating, but you'll find lots of members in here who are counting calories and eating relatively low carb. It seems to work for many of us. That's what I did - still am doing, I guess. It made a huge difference in how I felt when I stopped eating white carbs almost altogether last January. Carb and sugar cravings just about disappeared.

There are threads for every 10 pound segment of loss, assorted challenges, and lots of topics to discuss on this site. There is a very active thread of members all working through the 200's to "Onederland" that you might like. Start a challenge or join one in progress. Everyone is welcome to jump in wherever they want. Hope to see you around!

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 01-18-2012 at 11:27 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

WELCOME! Glad you posted.

Yes..this forum is for folks with 100 pounds or more to lose. However, all folks are welcome and post here, too.

The first thing to day is to find a food plan that you can live with. There are many to choose from: calorie counting, Weight Watchers, Low Carb and many more.

My 'motto' has been to learn from the past, prepare for the future, but take it one day at a time.

There is much information here at 3fc. Glad you posted.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #4  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Ellay!
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Starting weight - 337

Height: 6ft

Thanks, everyone!
ellay42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

One of the things that helps me the most is so set mini goals with big REWARDS!

My first mini-goal was lose 10 lbs. My husband and I went out to a great restaurant and I even stayed on plan for the most part

Right now my next mini goal is 225 lbs. It's still over 25 lbs away for me so I might be setting another goal between then and now. There is an indoor skydiving place nearby but you have to be under 230 to "fly". So I am going to go when I hit 225 because I'm sure they count clothes and shoes in that weight :P

Right now I'm thinking of going skeet shooting at 240 lbs. Actually now that I typed that out, it sounds good ... only 12 lbs to go!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #7  

Underwater - do you set a time frame on your mini-goals? I found it very helpful to also set a weekly or monthly goal that carried me from the first pound to the 90th, along with challenges in here.

Skeet shooting sounds like a really neat incentive. My dad shot skeet competitively for years - until he was in his late 70's. He was "high gun" for many of them. When we were kids, we would help him load shotgun shells in the basement since it was way cheaper than buying new all the time. Thanks for reminding me of a fun memory.

Lin
Old 01-21-2012, 01:59 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
Underwater - do you set a time frame on your mini-goals? I found it very helpful to also set a weekly or monthly goal that carried me from the first pound to the 90th, along with challenges in here.

Skeet shooting sounds like a really neat incentive. My dad shot skeet competitively for years - until he was in his late 70's. He was "high gun" for many of them. When we were kids, we would help him load shotgun shells in the basement since it was way cheaper than buying new all the time. Thanks for reminding me of a fun memory.

Lin
I have a separate goal of 8 lbs per month, which at this point in my journey is a very conservative number. I actually lost 10 lbs in my first 3 weeks and I'm now on week 4 hoping to lose another 2.

I used to go skeet shooting while I was in high school and my husband has never done it... I know it will be a fun weekend afternoon when I get there
Old 01-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #9  

Underwater - 8 pounds a month seems like a long - term achievable goal. When I started last January, I set 3 pounds a week for 10 weeks then 1% until I lost it all. that seemed to work for me. You plan is similar in poundage, I think. About 2 pounds per week to start is a great goal. I like the idea of nice rewards at "milestone" goals, too. I bought the most beautiful set of knitting needles as a reward for losing 90 pounds. We'll see if there is a reward for maintaining . . .

Lin
Old 01-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I have five pound mini goals. There's no real time frame with tied to the goal. Of course, I'd like it fast - but, that doesn't always happen. Five pounds seems managable - certainly when the weight loss slows down a little as I lose more weight.

When I reach a mni goal I reward myself with different things like: lipstick, fancy lotion, pretty note paper, bracelet, new pair of socks, etc.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
Underwater - 8 pounds a month seems like a long - term achievable goal. When I started last January, I set 3 pounds a week for 10 weeks then 1% until I lost it all. that seemed to work for me. You plan is similar in poundage, I think. About 2 pounds per week to start is a great goal. I like the idea of nice rewards at "milestone" goals, too. I bought the most beautiful set of knitting needles as a reward for losing 90 pounds. We'll see if there is a reward for maintaining . . .

Lin
What kind of needles did you get? My last big investment was the Knitpicks Harmony set. Love them!!!

I used to be a big knitter and then developed RSI in my hands and wrists. Now I do much more quilting than knitting. You can see some of my quilts here: http://badquilts.blogspot.com/

Are you on Ravelry?