General chatter - Anyone feeling blah about housekeeping today? List your stuff!
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone feeling cold, wintery and blaaaah about housekeeping today? ;)
I am, but I still need to get things done around the house. So I thought I'd just post a thread and list what I'm doing/got done.
First up... a load of laundry. Well, maybe second up. I want a cup of hot tea. Brrr...
01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I feel you. I have a sink full of dishes that I need to be doing. And I need to hang up the clean clothes out of the laundry basket that are sitting there staring at me. lol.
01-18-2012, 10:51 AM
My to do list for today:
01. Make the bed. [done!]
02. Vacuum. [done!]
03. Finish up the laundry completely.
04. Do dishes.
05. Do some official work stuff.
I've been pretty productive for almost 10am here, but still lots to be done. Oy!
01-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah, it piles up. I'm here so far.
Made and ate my breakfast. (I get to eat after I get everyone else launched)
Called dentist to sched.
One load laundry washed.
Straightened up foyer
Got lots more to go...
01-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Flip laundry, put in next batch.
Vac and straighten up dining room table area
Straighten up dining room shelves
vac and straighten half of living room (the easy side)
2 bags trash out
Now I have to break out boxes and do the hard side of the living room where I've been piling up stuff in general from other areas of the house. Now I break it down to keep, toss, and donate boxes. Sigh.
01-18-2012, 01:06 PM
I wish today were my cleaning day! Checking it off here would be so satisfying!
I am a BIG fan of lists of to-dos, because it is so darned satisfying when you get to check items off.
01-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Mandalinn -- then you might like this. I've been using it a few years.
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Fun! I use Ta-Da List a lot, too (http://tadalist.com/)
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
That's what I used to use before I found the other one. Neat. :)
Dried 2nd load, washed 3rd load.
Put 3rd load (towels) to dry, stuck in kid clothes to wash
Clean kid bathroom -- sink, toilet, floor
get kid at school
01-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I had class all day, so my cleaning/chores are happening this afternoon/evening.
-Make dinner/feed kids
-Clean both bathrooms
-Bathe kids/bedtime process
Hmmm. I love to-do lists, but looking at this is making me tired. I better get started!
01-18-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't mind the regular housework. I tend to like that. I don't like the annual declutter/clean garage mess though. Ugh.
I'm still at it...
01-19-2012, 03:46 AM
I don't feel like housework today so I am not going to do it ... full stop!
Okay I did the brekkie dishes but I dont see that as housework, just automatic.
I have not made the bed, I will not do the hoovering, or sweep the kitchen floor. I will not do that load of ironing or even pull the throws on the sofa.
I will play WoW for a couple of hours, I will do the dancemat and treadmill, and I will prepare a pasta supper for later. I will do my German lesson and I will edit a chapter of my book.
I like my plan for today.
01-19-2012, 04:11 AM
Bleh, I don't do house work during the week (it's just me and the dog so I can get away with it lol) because I rarely am up before noon and I start work at 3:30.
On my days off (Friday/Saturday) though, that's when I try to get some house work done. I say some because I hate cleaning and sad-to-say live like a teenager half the time. Not filthy, but messy. No rotting food or whatever, just.. untidy. Although the kitchen floor is pretty bad right now thanks to the weather.
So this friday I have:
- Clean up the kitchen; not many dishes this week as I've been taking packaged soup to work. (wash counters, deal with stuff on the counters, take garbage out, maybe go through the fridge and cupboards this weekend but probably won't, vaccuum the floor, wash it if i feel like waiting all day for it to dry; ceramic tile in a basement suite in the middle of winter = a full day to dry *sigh*)
- Clean up the living room/computer area (which includes vacuuming, dusting, picking up bones from the dog; it's like a graveyard in here; vacuum the couches of dog hair, de-clutter the computer desk, mostly pop cans grr, dust the computer desk, clear off the table so I can see it again)
- Clean up the bedroom (oi that's going to suck; clothes everywhere; pick up the clothes, dust, vaccuum, change the bedding, gather up all the trash such as papers and bones and stuff, throw the beside rug in the laundry)
- Clean bathroom (teeny bathroom; shouldn't take long; clean the toilet, sink, mirror, shower, vaccuum the floor)
And since I'm moving in a few months, I should start de-cluttering. I'm going from a 600 sq ft basement suite to a 12x14 room. Gulp!
If I could afford it, I'd so hire a maid and an organizer. I HATE cleaning!