Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/18/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/18/12

wuv2bloved
01-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

alaskastarr
01-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Looks like this may be my only time to post during the week. It was great reading about all your successes when I got home from school late last night!! All the NSV's and the WI's etc. keep me moving forward toward my goals.

Thank you sooo much for the tips and the words of encouragement. I think being organized and a step ahead will definitely keep me from messing up. I can see that now and I appreciate those pointers. Lucky me too for such a great hubby!!! He made salmon and cauliflower and brought it to school for me between my break! I was beyond thrilled! Such a sweetheart for sure!!

Backdropsilhoette(sp?)...I hope you're feeling better today :( I hate when I'm sick, but it sounds like you really have a nasty little bug there. Like everyone said we are here for to cheer you on each step you take toward your goals just take care of yourself for now!!

Lisa I sent a request to be added via FB too...pretty please :)

Have a great Wednesday!!! I wish you all a successful day on OP!

Traceym
01-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning! Today is day 9 and things are going really well. For the most part I like most of the ip packets and I am finding great recipes on this site. Tonight I am trying the big Mac in a bowl & I can't wait! I hope everyone has a great OP day : )

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Good morning! Today is day 9 and things are going really well. For the most part I like most of the ip packets and I am finding great recipes on this site. Tonight I am trying the big Mac in a bowl & I can't wait! I hope everyone has a great OP day : )

Big mac in a bowl is great :carrot:

LOSINGFORGOOD2010
01-18-2012, 08:36 AM
I am SO HAPPY... started 'round two' on Jan 2 and first week was kind of shaky.... looking for my glass of wine and cheese... total weakness in that area... BUT... with my 14 day vaca coming up down south in 19 days... I said WELL I am 10 lbs heavier than I was this time of year LAST year........that was motivation enough for me! Down 2 more since yesterday! Nothing like a number change and how you feel in your clothes to motivate you to continue on! Have a GREAT OP day everyone... you will get there, just dont give up!

Bailey6
01-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Yesterday was my weigh in and lost another 2.5 lbs! I'm going to Hawaii in 6 days for my honeymoon with my husband and can't wait! I started Phase II yesterday. I'm wondering if I should start Phase III on Saturday just in case I eat or drink something not IP friendly. I don't plan on going carb crazy but I would like to enjoy some things while I'm there. Any suggestions?

Hope you all have a great day! :D

EmilySebetka
01-18-2012, 09:07 AM
I have WI2 today after school. I'll admit that I'm not optimistic, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. The raspberry jello is taking forever to chill! LOL, I'm gonna be uber busy today. I hope you all have a great day (that's OP of course!). :carrot:

Lorilou
01-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Good morning fellow Ipeeps :) I've been off ther boards for a few days because I haven't been feeling well. I think I feeling better now :) I've been struggling the last four days with hunger but haven't given in. I'm not sure if the excess hunger is because my body was fighting whatever illness I had or I'm just hungry. It was like some none flu kind of flu with headaches, dizziness, extreme exhaustion and my eyes were burning like I had a fever (I don't have a thermometer so I can't confirm the fever). I am concerned that ketosis hasn't set in for me. I'm well into week three and have been 100% OP. My Ketostix are being delivered today so I will be testing myself.

Good luck to everyone with their WIs today! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! Stay strong and OP!

mtnsun4
01-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a great day full of staying on plan and more losses!

I have a very long day today- after work, I have an evening meeting where they always serve food. I am preparing this morning to bring my food with me for tonight.

Is there a facebook page for us?

I will try to check in later!! :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Not too happy this morning with myself.
Weighed myself because I just felt so bloated & YEP. UP 1.5lbs!
Not officially weighing until Monday & I know TOM is coming, it has to be because I've been right on plan, but it still is frustrating.

:(

Icathinme
01-18-2012, 10:29 AM
So...I left my sheet (and the copies I made!) at work yesterday. I need help with vitamins! I got the food down, but can't remember what foods to take and when. HELP!! :)

DanafromAustin
01-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Good morning fellow Ipeeps :) I've been off ther boards for a few days because I haven't been feeling well. I think I feeling better now :) I've been struggling the last four days with hunger but haven't given in. I'm not sure if the excess hunger is because my body was fighting whatever illness I had or I'm just hungry. It was like some none flu kind of flu with headaches, dizziness, extreme exhaustion and my eyes were burning like I had a fever (I don't have a thermometer so I can't confirm the fever). I am concerned that ketosis hasn't set in for me. I'm well into week three and have been 100% OP. My Ketostix are being delivered today so I will be testing myself.

Good luck to everyone with their WIs today! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! Stay strong and OP!

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. If you have been following 100% OP then you would be in ketosis. Did you take any medication while not feeling well that might kick you out? You might want to ask your coach, but when I felt like that in the early days of IP, I would add some extra protein to get me through. I hope you feel better soon.

I hope everyone has a good OP day today.

Icathinme
01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Not officially weighing until Monday & I know TOM is coming, it has to be because I've been right on plan, but it still is frustrating.

Your water will help you, and 1.5 from bloating is TEMPORARY! Hang in there...I feel for you because that is what I do and why I always get so frustrated. Stupid TOM....and PCOS.

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Your water will help you, and 1.5 from bloating is TEMPORARY! Hang in there...I feel for you because that is what I do and why I always get so frustrated. Stupid TOM....and PCOS.

I've been drinking over 4 liters a day :/ But I'm trying for 5 today lol. It's so hard with PCOS because it's always a *surprise*. I just wish I could've gotten a couple "good" weeks under my belt before this LOL. But here's hoping -fingers crossed-

Thanks for helping :)

Icathinme
01-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I've been drinking over 4 liters a day :/ But I'm trying for 5 today lol. It's so hard with PCOS because it's always a *surprise*. I just wish I could've gotten a couple "good" weeks under my belt before this LOL. But here's hoping -fingers crossed-

Thanks for helping :)

For me, when I gain with TOM and PCOS bloating crap, I usually have a bigger loss the following week....don't know what I'll do tomorrow with my first weigh in, but that is how it has been with every other diet I've been on!!

Lorilou
01-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. If you have been following 100% OP then you would be in ketosis. Did you take any medication while not feeling well that might kick you out? You might want to ask your coach, but when I felt like that in the early days of IP, I would add some extra protein to get me through. I hope you feel better soon.

I hope everyone has a good OP day today.

I didn't take any medication except someTylenol twice for the headaches. I'm probably just paranoid about not being in ketosis but am curious what the ketostix will say. Have a great day!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-18-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to get back to the diet once I get better . . . I'm afraid when I go in to see what's wrong with me, they'll say I can't or shouldn't go back on. But I don't think me doing this diet has anything to do with me being sick, because eating "regularly" hasn't helped any.

Anyway, I've had a fever since Monday and this morning it got up to about 104. I broke the fever for now with some Tylenol and ibuprofen, but I know it's only a matter of time before it flares back up again. Sleeping with that high of a fever is not fun at all ): I need about five blankets just to get comfortable, and then I have strange dreams. Then when I wake up I'm burning up under the blankets and can't get comfortable.

I really hope I don't have to give up IP. It was really working and is much better than counting calories and exercising.

CutieEli
01-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone!!

I haven't posted anything in a while!
Congrat's to everyone for their WL or NSV. :carrot:

It's TOM for me and it started today and I think that I will die..not literally but i am in SO much pain this morning that I can't even imagine myself eating or drinking anything...:( I just want to be in my pj's and do nothing.

I had HUGE cravings this week and I knew why...I didn't give in and it was so hard but I am so happy that I didn't go for everything I was thinking.

I started alternatives this week and so far so good..and SOO much cheaper :)

Anyways I have to get back to work..unfortunately it won't get done by itself lol

Have a great day everyone! :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to get back to the diet once I get better . . . I'm afraid when I go in to see what's wrong with me, they'll say I can't or shouldn't go back on. But I don't think me doing this diet has anything to do with me being sick, because eating "regularly" hasn't helped any.

Anyway, I've had a fever since Monday and this morning it got up to about 104. I broke the fever for now with some Tylenol and ibuprofen, but I know it's only a matter of time before it flares back up again. Sleeping with that high of a fever is not fun at all ): I need about five blankets just to get comfortable, and then I have strange dreams. Then when I wake up I'm burning up under the blankets and can't get comfortable.

I really hope I don't have to give up IP. It was really working and is much better than counting calories and exercising.

I haven't read about this happening to anyone on here or elsewhere, so maybe it's just the flu? Did you have a flu shot or anything? Maybe you just have a really bad cold :/ I hope you feel better!

You could always try the diet again once you get better & see what happens. If it happens again, then I would advise against it lol.

Icathinme
01-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I haven't read about this happening to anyone on here or elsewhere, so maybe it's just the flu? Did you have a flu shot or anything? Maybe you just have a really bad cold :/ I hope you feel better!

You could always try the diet again once you get better & see what happens. If it happens again, then I would advise against it lol.

Im freaking out. Medications can knock you out?!?! I take Vicodin for cramps, and HAD to take one this morning, I could barely move. Did I just screw everything up?

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
No, I don't get shots at all. They cost money and my family is exempt from needing vaccinations. Well, we all have shots up to a certain point, but I haven't gotten any sort of shot in years. And I've never had the flu so I don't know what it feels like! D;

I'm definitely going to try again when I'm better, though.

@Icathinme, I'm not sure if they can knock you out or not, but I went off diet so I could try and get better. Well . . . I haven't really been eating much at all, but yeah.

Pamelama
01-18-2012, 11:28 AM

Sounds like a virus/flu. One piece of info I must share... When you have a fever (100 or more)...DO NOT COVER YOURSELF WITH BLANKETS!! One at the most! My son ended up with severe convulsions from keeping himself covered up when he had a fever. He had the chills and 101 and shot his fever up to 104.5... You're almost there. I would bet your 104 temp is from the 5 blankets. I know it sucks, but don't overheat yourself!

Don't forget lots of fluids and rest! Feel better soon!

Pamelama
01-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Im freaking out. Medications can knock you out?!?! I take Vicodin for cramps, and HAD to take one this morning, I could barely move. Did I just screw everything up?

My guess would be no. Certain OTC meds like cough syrups, liquid stuff, chewables have sugar in them...that's where you really need to watch it.

Trinique125
01-18-2012, 11:33 AM
arghhhhhh good morning everyone

5th day without restrictives and the scale has not moved one oz

I don't know what to do:(
I am 100% OP
happy WI's everyone

lindac36
01-18-2012, 11:42 AM
I had a NSV this morning. I got a belt on!! It's on the first notch, but, it's on and it's comfortable. I can't remember the last time I put a belt on...more years than I care to think about. Have a great day everyone!

massconfusion84
01-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Sounds like im not the only discouraged one today. Im in nursing school and all day every day my friends are eating junk and I am almost constantly hungry. I just want to go to the cafeteria and pig out! Please someone talk me out of it before I do something I will regret....i have been 100%OP for the 2 weeks I've been on this.

lindac36
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM

It's the alcohol and sugars that are in many RX and non-RX meds that are the concern. If you have to take something just check with the pharmacist, that's what they are there for and there are many non sugar, non alcohol options. Vicodin is not going to be a problem.

patns
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM

I am 100% OP
happy WI's everyone

You are so pretty in your picture!

I think other people have found that giving up the daily restricted doesn't result is bigger weight loss. That is why the protocol says to have one every day but some coaches do suggest you give them up.

I weigh everyday although we are strongly advised not to do that. But I know from that each week I go about 5 days straight with no loss then have a loss so I only track my weekly loss.

Make sure you get a big salad in with lots of lettuce. I know that salad is the last thing you are thinking of at -31 today but it is easier if you make it a habit.

Are you tracking your food on something like myfitnesspal? I suspect you are not getting enough of the necessary foods in.

Pat

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Please someone talk me out of it before I do something I will regret....i have been 100%OP for the 2 weeks I've been on this.

Don't do it! That will only prolong the time you have to stay on phase 1. Go to the cafeteria for some hot tea or veggies only :-) You were able to get through the hardest weeks without cheating and it will get easier from here. Just put one foot in front of the other and know that this feeling will pass. When you go home, put on the jeans you were wearing 3 weeks ago :-)

meant2b
01-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Looks like this may be my only time to post during the week. It was great reading about all your successes when I got home from school late last night!! All the NSV's and the WI's etc. keep me moving forward toward my goals.

Thank you sooo much for the tips and the words of encouragement. I think being organized and a step ahead will definitely keep me from messing up. I can see that now and I appreciate those pointers. Lucky me too for such a great hubby!!! He made salmon and cauliflower and brought it to school for me between my break! I was beyond thrilled! Such a sweetheart for sure!!

Backdropsilhoette(sp?)...I hope you're feeling better today :( I hate when I'm sick, but it sounds like you really have a nasty little bug there. Like everyone said we are here for to cheer you on each step you take toward your goals just take care of yourself for now!!

Lisa I sent a request to be added via FB too...pretty please :)

Have a great Wednesday!!! I wish you all a successful day on OP!
-------------------------------
Yes, BACKDROPsilhouette, thinking of you and hoping you get better soon!

I was just wondering if any of you have changed your goal? I know it's personal and it's what we want it to be. I was just curious how some of you are thinking when it comes to setting your goal weight. Initially, I just wanted to get under 200. Then I decided to make it a 100 lbs lost goal. Lately, I've been looking at the different "healthy-weight" calculations and now I'm leaning toward setting that as my goal. Like I said, I know it's very personal but if you care to share your thoughts with me, it would be totally appreciated! Thanks!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-18-2012, 11:53 AM

I had a low WI yesterday after a whole week without restricted foods. I noticed that I had very little energy the whole time and it didn't help me lose any faster. So, I am back on the restricted wagon ;-)

DanafromAustin
01-18-2012, 12:02 PM

I'm sure it's just water and it will go away as there just isn't enough calories on this diet to gain weight. It's just a temporary thing, so pay no attention to your scale.

I am 100% OP
happy WI's everyone

I don't think restrictives is your problem. The problem is getting past your plateau. Are you still hungry? If so you might want to add a little extra protein and see if that helps. BTW, I love your avatar. Great picture.

Sounds like I'm not the only discouraged one today. Im in nursing school and all day every day my friends are eating junk and I am almost constantly hungry. I just want to go to the cafeteria and pig out! Please someone talk me out of it before I do something I will regret....i have been 100%OP for the 2 weeks I've been on this.

If you have to then eat some extra protein, but don't blow all of your hard work on junk food!

Trinique125
01-18-2012, 12:05 PM
You are so pretty in your picture!

I think other people have found that giving up the daily restricted doesn't result is bigger weight loss. That is why the protocol says to have one every day but some coaches do suggest you give them up.

I weigh everyday although we are strongly advised not to do that. But I know from that each week I go about 5 days straight with no loss then have a loss so I only track my weekly loss.

Make sure you get a big salad in with lots of lettuce. I know that salad is the last thing you are thinking of at -31 today but it is easier if you make it a habit.

Are you tracking your food on something like myfitnesspal? I suspect you are not getting enough of the necessary foods in.

Pat

thanks Pat:D
I'm writing down my food in the daily journal my coach gave me, she wants to see it this Saturday and if I don't lose she will fax it to head office for their input.
I have been having a HUGE salad every day for the past 7.5 weeks:D, I don't enjoy that much but I still eat it. I don't weigh every day, maybe twice a week or so, was feeling skinny today so decided to step on:?:
Not sure what to do now! I'm trying really hard. Yesterday I drank 14 cups of water:(

Trinique125
01-18-2012, 12:06 PM
I had a low WI yesterday after a whole week without restricted foods. I noticed that I had very little energy the whole time and it didn't help me lose any faster. So, I am back on the restricted wagon ;-)

my coach put me on boot camp this week, no restrictives to see if I lose more! it's not helping;)

DanafromAustin
01-18-2012, 12:07 PM

Why did you go off of restricted foods in the first place? Your weight loss numbers look good to me even with your lower loss this week. There have been a couple of weeks when I lost just a pound, but that always meant I had a good weight loss the following week.

idealpromom
01-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone!

I did it!!! lost 2.6 and I am officially out of the 2's and into the 1's Whoo hoo!!!

lindac36
01-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Hi everyone!

I did it!!! lost 2.6 and I am officially out of the 2's and into the 1's Whoo hoo!!!

Good for YOU!!!! You gave me a good morning smile here in the Pacific Time Zone. Way To Go!!

DanafromAustin
01-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi everyone!

How exciting for you!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Hopefully I will be joining you sometime in February.

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Woo Hoo SOOO proud! :carrot:

trimup2day
01-18-2012, 12:17 PM
So...I left my sheet (and the copies I made!) at work yesterday. I need help with vitamins! I got the food down, but can't remember what foods to take and when. HELP!! :)

Sorry this happened to you. The sticky notes have the phases you can view, hopefully that will be a quick reference for you.

I used a sharpie pen and on the top of the vitamin bottles wrote, 1 B for 1 breakfast, 2 D for 2 dinner and so on. This was a quick glance for me when starting the program until I was familiar with the plan.

Have a great day!!

LaLibE
01-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone!

Congratulations!! I hope that you do something nice to reward yourself!

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm sure it's just water and it will go away as there just isn't enough calories on this diet to gain weight. It's just a temporary thing, so pay no attention to your scale.

I'm hoping so because I know I haven't cheated at all, so I'm just trying to stay positive about it. I'm definitely going to add a restricted back in once my order gets here :)

Trinique125
01-18-2012, 12:19 PM

I don't think restrictives is your problem. The problem is getting past your plateau. Are you still hungry? If so you might want to add a little extra protein and see if that helps. BTW, I love your avatar. Great picture.

If you have to then eat some extra protein, but don't blow all of your hard work on junk food!

thanks Dana, I've been having half my protein at lunch this week and half at dinner, PLUS a whole egg that I do not count:D
yesterday I had chicken breast twice with veggies and salad, I calculated with my 3 shakes and chicken I only had roughly 700 calories!
I wasn't too hungry yesterday

Shemsham
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Still here and still on plan, I've had a lot of cravings but I think they are more mental, not because I was actually hungry.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday :-) Friday is almost here!!
Tammy

Katiedela9
01-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Big mac in a bowl is great :carrot:
Hi, started IP 12 days ago...What exactly is Big Mac in a bowl? Thanks!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Why did you go off of restricted foods in the first place?

Purely out of impatience. I just wanted to see if it would help me have another -5lb week. I was worried that I was having too many carbs with the veggies I like to eat regularly (mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, zucchini), the 1 1/2 stevia packets (truly 0/0/0??? I'm not sure) and 1 TB soy creamer (1 TB has 15 cal and 1 carb) in the morning coffee, etc. Plus, I sometimes have 2 slices of turkey bacon (total of 30 cal, 1 g fat, 0 carb 3 g protein) or 2 slices of lean ham (total of 50 cal, 1.5 g fat, 1 g carb, 8 g protein) with a weekend breakfast or lunch.

I also have a coach that wants me to keep to 5 oz of protein at dinner and not 8 oz like a lot of people here are allowed. So, I've been keeping to that, but with the fun recipes I am trying out, they usually include egg whites which are supposed to be free, but I feel guilty about having.

So, I thought that cutting out restricted foods would at least give me a buffer zone for those things that aren't 0/0/0, as mentioned above. However, I have had those things while eating restricted foods and had the -3.5lb weeks.

So that's my reason. What's your opinion?

whirlygirl72
01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Sounds like im not the only discouraged one today. Im in nursing school and all day every day my friends are eating junk and I am almost constantly hungry. I just want to go to the cafeteria and pig out! Please someone talk me out of it before I do something I will regret....i have been 100%OP for the 2 weeks I've been on this.

Ya know.. i took a pic of myself the day i started IP. I have it on my phone and those days where i want to give in, i just pull it up and i remember why i joined this program. Also, its like a nice lady told me on this site... those foods are not gone forever just a little while. When you are all done, you will feel the urge to "pig out" anymore. Honestly, my goal is to be one of those people who can have A slice a pizza, not six slices, or eats A taco, not five...lol

You can do it, i know you can!:dancer:

whirlygirl72
01-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I had kind of a stupid question. I few years ago i had stage 3 cervical cancer. I survived, obviously, but the surgeries and treatments (chemo/radiation) took a toll on my body. It pushed me into a VERY early menopause, i'm only 39 and am in post menopause.

I have been steadily losing weight each week, but i wonder if having almost nothing for a metabolism hurts me. I cannot take prescribed hormones because its a danger to me for reoccurrence. However, i was wondering if anyone knows a natural supplement that might help me. Im taking all the vitamins my coach gave me, but i'm scared i may plateau because of my lousy metabolism.:?:

leganegan
01-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Purely out of impatience. I just wanted to see if it would help me have another -5lb week. I was worried that I was having too many carbs with the veggies I like to eat regularly (mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, zucchini), the 1 1/2 stevia packets (truly 0/0/0??? I'm not sure) and 1 TB soy creamer (1 TB has 15 cal and 1 carb) in the morning coffee, etc. Plus, I sometimes have 2 slices of turkey bacon (total of 30 cal, 1 g fat, 0 carb 3 g protein) or 2 slices of lean ham (total of 50 cal, 1.5 g fat, 1 g carb, 8 g protein) with a weekend breakfast or lunch.

I also have a coach that wants me to keep to 5 oz of protein at dinner and not 8 oz like a lot of people here are allowed. So, I've been keeping to that, but with the fun recipes I am trying out, they usually include egg whites which are supposed to be free, but I feel guilty about having.

So, I thought that cutting out restricted foods would at least give me a buffer zone for those things that aren't 0/0/0, as mentioned above. However, I have had those things while eating restricted foods and had the -3.5lb weeks.

So that's my reason. What's your opinion?

the creamer and turkey bacon and ham could be your problem. stick with a splash of skim milk or vanilla protein shake. turkey bacon and turkey sausage are a no-no until phase 3 breakfast. and the ham might just be causing you to retain water because of the sodium in it.

lindac36
01-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Ya know.. i took a pic of myself the day i started IP. I have it on my phone and those days where i want to give in, i just pull it up and i remember why i joined this program. Also, its like a nice lady told me on this site... those foods are not gone forever just a little while. When you are all done, you will feel the urge to "pig out" anymore. Honestly, my goal is to be one of those people who can have A slice a pizza, not six slices, or eats A taco, not five...lol

I did the same thing. When my coach took her pictures, I had her take them again with my phone, so they are always with me. I did it for the before and after, but, you have a much better idea, look at them whenever I feel like I need the extra kick to keep me on the OP path.

Momto2cs
01-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I didn't think the sodium in food should be a water retention issue when we are using sea salt liberally...

For goal setting...my original gol last year was 140. I am 5'8" and have a fairly large build. I exercise a lot-7-10 hours a week.

Last summer I got to 145 and decided it was sufficient. My body fat was down to 16% and I was pretty much solid muscle. I was wearing a size 6, sometimes a4 and a small.

I stayed between 145-150 until Christmas. I am currently at 155, with a goal of 145 again! I can still wear a size 6, but the 4s are definitely too tight!

I might shoot for 140 again, as my dh is doing ip and has way more to lose (maybe 50 pounds)...it depends on how I feel and if my body will comply!!

salmongirl
01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi everyone!

That is awesome! I can't wait to get there myself! Rock on!

salmongirl
01-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Day 6 and still going! I am not going for my wiegh-I think I have done well.

NavyMommy
01-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Good morning!

I was out all morning with my daughter but I got my stuff ready last night and had no problems. That's what I love about this diet, it's so simple and as long as you think ahead a little it's so easy to travel with. It has gotten COLD here in FL though so I think I will be turning to lots of herbal tea to get my water in. I am cold natured as it is, but on this diet I tend to be even colder so the last thing I want it cold water most days.

I hope all is well with everyone and stay OP!!!

Get off the scale and drink some water!!! Lol! The bloat will pass. A pound of fat is made up of 3500 calories, there are not nearly enough calories on this diet to make you gain weight. Just stay OP and if you're still feeling bloated on Monday SKIP the WI. If it's going to discourage you the scale will be there next week and if you stay OP the loss will be greater.

I was just wondering if any of you have changed your goal? I know it's personal and it's what we want it to be. I was just curious how some of you are thinking when it comes to setting your goal weight. Initially, I just wanted to get under 200. Then I decided to make it a 100 lbs lost goal. Lately, I've been looking at the different "healthy-weight" calculations and now I'm leaning toward setting that as my goal. Like I said, I know it's very personal but if you care to share your thoughts with me, it would be totally appreciated! Thanks!

Honestly I don't know what my 'goal' is. I haven't been that skinny in a long time (even in high school I was in the 150's which is overweight for my height). I just picked a number within my ''healthy'' weight range where I think I will be comfortable and once I get closer I will adjust it as I see fit.

Hi everyone!

WooHoo!!! WTG!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Get off the scale and drink some water!!! Lol! The bloat will pass. A pound of fat is made up of 3500 calories, there are not nearly enough calories on this diet to make you gain weight. Just stay OP and if you're still feeling bloated on Monday SKIP the WI. If it's going to discourage you the scale will be there next week and if you stay OP the loss will be greater.

You always know how to make me feel better LOL. I'm not letting it get me down, I'm still OP and here to stay! Nothing is getting rid of me that easy :P :carrot:

janniegoingdown
01-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone!

Way to go:hug: Wow I can't wait, been in these 2's for too long:)

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Went to the Doctor... I have pneumonia.

grassfedbeef
01-18-2012, 01:28 PM
I had a first for me last night. I have been hot my whole life. I grew up in Northern Minnesota where it can go weeks without getting above zero! My friends here in Illinois give me a hard time because I rarely wear a winter coat, I wear flip flops until there is snow on the ground, etc. Well, last night I could not warm up when I went to bed! I usually sleep in short pants/sleeves all year round. I finally got up and put on socks and flannel pj's over my short ones!!! I've been on IP for 4 1/2 months now. I love being able to sleep with heavy covers on, so I hope this continues! :-)

tenniels
01-18-2012, 01:35 PM

Today is day 9 for me as well! I'm not down as much as you though :( Great work! I also can't wait to try the Big Mac in a Bowl, sounds delish. Cheers to a great day 9 OP.

grassfedbeef
01-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Hi everyone!

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 01:46 PM
Today is day 9 for me as well! I'm not down as much as you though :( Great work! I also can't wait to try the Big Mac in a Bowl, sounds delish. Cheers to a great day 9 OP.

Not everyone is going to lose the same. Just hang in there. Were you dieting before this?

rbtemplet
01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone!

Way to go!!!! That's awesome!! Congratulations!! :bravo:

Wow! Hope you get better soon!! I had it several years ago and although the worst symptoms (fever, cough) did go away fairly quickly with med's I had to use an asthma inhaler pretty regularly for about a year afterwards. Take care of yourself!! It can be very serious!! :getwell:

I'm having a good day today. Not hungry like I have been alot recently. I go for my WI tomorrow...hoping to hit the -40 lb mark!! Congrats to everyone with losses and NSV's today and good luck to everyone who still has to WI this week!!

janniegoingdown
01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
I have a question, why do we have to have lots of sea salt? Is it because we're drinking lots of water?

segosia
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks for all of the posts! It keeps me encouraged. I'm doing alternate program.

Ducksmy
01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Good afternoon everyone!
Saw my coach last night and got all the supplies I need to start program on Monday! Excited! Can't wait to feel better!
You guys are all an inspiration please have a great day!

EmilySebetka
01-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I had WI#2 today. I was indeed pleasantly surprised. I lost 6.4lbs and 3.5in!!! I also got some MIO from Walmart, yum! But they didn't have kale!! I'm gonna be a kale chip fan for the rest of my life. I also got approximately 6in cut off my head, so my hair is just skimming the tops of my shoulders. I actually like it. I was told I would by my mom, so I guess she was right. Mothers usually are... :) YAY!!!! I can't wait until next week!

Determinedat47
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Good morning everyone!!

I haven't posted anything in a while!
Congrat's to everyone for their WL or NSV. :carrot:

It's TOM for me and it started today and I think that I will die..not literally but i am in SO much pain this morning that I can't even imagine myself eating or drinking anything...:( I just want to be in my pj's and do nothing.

I had HUGE cravings this week and I knew why...I didn't give in and it was so hard but I am so happy that I didn't go for everything I was thinking.

I started alternatives this week and so far so good..and SOO much cheaper :)

Anyways I have to get back to work..unfortunately it won't get done by itself lol

Have a great day everyone! :)

Chocolate pudding cakes made with the pudding packets help me with TOM cravings.

tenniels
01-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Not everyone is going to lose the same. Just hang in there. Were you dieting before this?

No I wasn't. I would eat well for a day or two and get frustrated and gorge. This is the biggest effort I've put into anything thus far. I'm hoping seeing results will be what keeps me motivated. I do know that everyone won't lose the same, and I'm truly happy for anyone's big losses, I just hope to see some for myself too!! I'm doing well OP (day 9 today) but I am having some digestion problems if ya know what I mean. So that makes me feel a little bloated and like I'm not doing as well. I like when my tummy feels flatter and not so "full". Hope this isn't too much information! Thanks for the encouragement :)

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I had WI#2 today. I was indeed pleasantly surprised. I lost 6.4lbs and 3.5in!!! I also got some MIO from Walmart, yum! But they didn't have kale!! I'm gonna be a kale chip fan for the rest of my life. I also got approximately 6in cut off my head, so my hair is just skimming the tops of my shoulders. I actually like it. I was told I would by my mom, so I guess she was right. Mothers usually are... :) YAY!!!! I can't wait until next week!

woo hooo! :carrot:

Determinedat47
No I wasn't. I would eat well for a day or two and get frustrated and gorge. This is the biggest effort I've put into anything thus far. I'm hoping seeing results will be what keeps me motivated. I do know that everyone won't lose the same, and I'm truly happy for anyone's big losses, I just hope to see some for myself too!! I'm doing well OP (day 9 today) but I am having some digestion problems if ya know what I mean. So that makes me feel a little bloated and like I'm not doing as well. I like when my tummy feels flatter and not so "full". Hope this isn't too much information! Thanks for the encouragement :)

If you are taking about constipation-I highly recommend Mirilax and of course up your water intake.

omgzitsmiranda

lol I can totally relate to everything you just said basically LOL. I'm on day 9 too! Have you had your first weigh in yet? What did you lose?

mompattie
01-18-2012, 02:26 PM

I'm not a doctor, but it sure sounds like your symptoms are influenza. I haven't heard of these symptoms being related to IP. Get some sleep and take care!

Giniwarrior
01-18-2012, 02:27 PM
The snow is finally coming to the Sierras after most the winter being the driest in the record books. Sucks for my commute but it will be nice to snow shoe for some exercise. I am changing my goal to 150lbs but if it takes a while to lose the last 10lbs I am okay with that. I just want to lose another 20lbs by May and I average 2.5lbs to 3lbs loss a week. I am still amazed that being in menopause I was able to maintain these losses:-) Even with a stall here and there. Loving the new recipes I am trying. Esp those waffles.

meant2b
01-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone!

Congratulations idealpromom! What a huge milestone!!!!

NavyMom... thanks for your response... that's how I was feeling too but then I started thinking more about the number and what it would mean to be in that 'healthy weight' range. On the other hand, I think it's putting on too much pressure. I'm changing it back to "100 lbs lost" LOL... and stickin' to it. Will go from there!

BACKDROPsilhouette, pneumonia! OMGoodness! Take care and get better real soon.

These NSV's are doing it for me! What a great feeling to not have to shop in a plus-sized clothing store and to be able to find great deals... like a size 18 winter coat for $38 instead of $138! Woohoo! :carrot:

For anyone new who is lurking (like I did for weeks before joining), I would not have believed in the results without doing it myself! This program truly is amazing!

mamacitaof2
01-18-2012, 02:34 PM
snowing here today :(. I much prefer the brown grass! Went to supper last night at Mexican Village for FIL birthday. Brought my own veggies and salad dressing and ordered a plain hamburger with raw onions and pickles. It worked out pretty good!

I also tried making the raddish chips yesterday...FAIL. The first bath I made too thin, then next batch I made to thick! I'll attempt them again later this week or this weekend...maybe the kale chips too.

Congratulations to all of the SV and NSV's! Keep up the great work everyone! It's so exciting to see everyone's victories every day!

tenniels
01-18-2012, 02:35 PM
If you are taking about constipation-I highly recommend Mirilax and of course up your water intake.

I will get some of that and yes that was indeed what I was talking about!!! Thank you :)

TFBeller
01-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Has anyone experienced canker sores since IP? I did about a week into it. I'm just finished week 2 - WI2 tonite :) I read up and one cause is low immune system, another can be vitamin deficiency. I am taking all supplements and feeling better than ever! Just curious.

tenniels
01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
lol I can totally relate to everything you just said basically LOL. I'm on day 9 too! Have you had your first weigh in yet? What did you lose?

It feels so good knowing someone relates!!! I started last Tuesday and had my weigh in Saturday (a little early but that's when I could fit it in). I had lost 4.6 pounds in that time. I can't remember what my inch loss was, but I do remember 2 off the waist and 1 3/4 off the hips. I don't go for my next weigh in til Monday now. I have been weight myself at home however and this morning I was 168.6 and my starting weight was 175.2 I feel like that is a good start, but I guess I'm just impatient to start seeing a big difference because I want it so bad. I know that's not how it works and I need to be patient, but it's still how I feel! I want to be like a Biggest Loser contestant and have it come off crazy fast!!! This forum is really helpful to me so far, just hearing how other people are going through it too :) Hope you're having a great day so far!~

Pamelama
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Week 6 and another 3 pounds can kiss my (smaller) butt!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Unbelievable! I'm now in the 180's!:D

northernfawn
01-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone!

WOO-HOO! congrats that's such a huge milestone, well done:carrot::carrot:

Trinique125
01-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Has anyone experienced canker sores since IP? I did about a week into it. I'm just finished week 2 - WI2 tonite :) I read up and one cause is low immune system, another can be vitamin deficiency. I am taking all supplements and feeling better than ever! Just curious.

not only am I getting canker sores I'm also getting pimples for the first time in my life!! even as a teenager I never had pimples, I take perscription pills for my cold sores

tenniels
01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Week 6 and another 3 pounds can kiss my (smaller) butt!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Unbelievable! I'm now in the 180's!:D

Yay congrats :carrot: What a great accomplishment!!! And I love how you said those 3 pounds can kiss your smaller butt, too funny!!! :)

wuv2bloved
01-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a great day full of staying on plan and more losses!

I have a very long day today- after work, I have an evening meeting where they always serve food. I am preparing this morning to bring my food with me for tonight.

Is there a facebook page for us?

I will try to check in later!! :)
I have a Group on FB called Southern 3FC if you would like to join it

If you need meds TAKE them, your health is important. I do not there is any meds that will knock you out I have taken several different meds and continue to be in Ketosis. PLEASE continue to take any meds that are prescribed to you, DO NOT stop taking them because of this program.

-------------------------------
Yes, BACKDROPsilhouette, thinking of you and hoping you get better soon!

Pick a rounded number and go from there. Go by how you feel and if you are confident with yourself. Remember that number on the scale is ONLY THAT....a NUMBER!....the way you feel and if you are comfortable with yourself is what matters the most...IMO

Good afternoon everyone!
Saw my coach last night and got all the supplies I need to start program on Monday! Excited! Can't wait to feel better!
You guys are all an inspiration please have a great day!
I would start it on Friday instead of Monday like that the 3 worse days you would have at home (if you are off on the weekends) to deal with the detoxing...Just a suggestion :)

It feels so good knowing someone relates!!! I started last Tuesday and had my weigh in Saturday (a little early but that's when I could fit it in). I had lost 4.6 pounds in that time. I can't remember what my inch loss was, but I do remember 2 off the waist and 1 3/4 off the hips. I don't go for my next weigh in til Monday now. I have been weight myself at home however and this morning I was 168.6 and my starting weight was 175.2 I feel like that is a good start, but I guess I'm just impatient to start seeing a big difference because I want it so bad. I know that's not how it works and I need to be patient, but it's still how I feel! I want to be like a Biggest Loser contestant and have it come off crazy fast!!! This forum is really helpful to me so far, just hearing how other people are going through it too :) Hope you're having a great day so far!~
If you have been watching the biggest Loser this season, the numbers are REALLY SMALL and they BUST their butts in the Gym for hours!!....I would be so pissed if I spent hours in the gym to lose 3lbs! Don't be impatient, this program works wonders, even if it goes slow. The inches melt off and the pounds just drop....You will be amazed, just don't EXPECT huge losses every week....ANY LOSS will be a success for you

Hiya everyone, Had my #37 WI today and I stayed the same!!....did nothing different than last week, last week I loss 4lbs so this week my body catches up. Looks like we had some good losses again today which is awesome! Good luck to those who still have to weigh in today :)

dinki
01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi all!! I weigh in tomorrow morning I've been OP all week so hoping for good results.. My boss is on IP also and got some IP tea which I tried today and enjoyed the taste.. Does anyone know anything about this tea?

pandamoose
01-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone! I had my first WI on Monday (my clinic does WI every two weeks) I lost 6 lbs and 14 inches!! I was happy about the inches but thought I should have done better with the pounds.. Oh well.. Then today my coach called and said she had gone over my number (they do that Biompedace test at each WI) with the Dr. and I need to add an egg into my day because my body needs more protein then most people at this height and weight! I'm excited to see what my numbers are next time! So here's to all of us losers!!!

wuv2bloved
01-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello everyone! I had my first WI on Monday (my clinic does WI every two weeks) I lost 6 lbs and 14 inches!! I was happy about the inches but thought I should have done better with the pounds.. Oh well.. Then today my coach called and said she had gone over my number (they do that Biompedace test at each WI) with the Dr. and I need to add an egg into my day because my body needs more protein then most people at this height and weight! I'm excited to see what my numbers are next time! So here's to all of us losers!!!

If you don't mind me asking what is your height and weight?

MustangMolly
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone!

Onderland, woo hoo :carrot: Congrats to you!

tenniels
01-18-2012, 03:24 PM
If you have been watching the biggest Loser this season, the numbers are REALLY SMALL and they BUST their butts in the Gym for hours!!....I would be so pissed if I spent hours in the gym to lose 3lbs! Don't be impatient, this program works wonders, even if it goes slow. The inches melt off and the pounds just drop....You will be amazed, just don't EXPECT huge losses every week....ANY LOSS will be a success for you

Hiya everyone, Had my #37 WI today and I stayed the same!!....did nothing different than last week, last week I loss 4lbs so this week my body catches up. Looks like we had some good losses again today which is awesome! Good luck to those who still have to weigh in today :)[/QUOTE]

Yes this year the numbers have been quite a bit smaller! Slow and steady wins the race! Thanks so much for the encouragement, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks also for sharing your positive attitude on your weigh-in, you are right, your body will have a loss next week. It's the ebb and flow of weight loss! Have a great day!

Lakewood
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Hello! OP today and feeling great. Happy to see the numbers going down for most. To those weighing everyday - stop it! :D it'll drive you nuts!

I have scheduled my neck fusion for Feb 2nd. The MRI from Saturday showed they are going to have to fuse 2 vertebra instead of 1. Really going to frontload all the good nutrition and supps I can to give me a better recovery.

Off to organize my house so I am not laying around in a mess! :smug:

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-18-2012, 03:35 PM
I think in this season of Biggest Loser they finally stopped dehydrating themselves before weigh-ins. Which is great, because what the coaches put them through to get those big numbers is ridiculous. What they do in that show to lose weight is ridiculous to start with x.x It's a great motivational show, though!

purple sky
01-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Good morning everyone!!

Must be some message board pheromones going around. TOM for me too today. Sure explains the chocolate cravings this week and why that chocolate pancake muffin thingy I made hit the spot last night. Even it was runny. Didn't care. It was CHOCOLATE!

purple sky
01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Hi everyone!

Your body is in onderland. Okay, maybe I am corny but I was singing this for you when I read your post earlier. There is a song by John Mayer called Your Body is a Wonderland.

licaba
01-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Ended up at a McDonald's today!!! And all I had was a black coffee! I don't even know who I am anymore lol. Naw it was quite the challenge and i felt very "ancy" the whole time I was there (like i was somewhere i shouldnt be) but I got out of there unharmed! Biggest NSV I've had yet I think!

pandamoose
01-18-2012, 04:06 PM

5'6 and 198... With a basal metabolic rate is 1847-1866 cals..

kiki4me
01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Hey, Everyone!

I had a great weigh-in today and lost 5.4 pounds during my 3rd week! Thrilled! I didn't know how it would go since I had been on prednisone and ravenous! I did increase to 2 more packets a day - and was just content with myself for doing that because I didn't dive into anything that was off program! Glad

No for the bad news: Got my lemon soy puffs...and ate. them. ALL.... Bad, bad girl. Not just 1 packet or two...but the whole darn box. Maybe I can't do this sweet restricted stuff? Am I playing with fire? I was able to stop at one last week but goodness.... the cookie monster came out (and it is ME!) :(

kiki4me
01-18-2012, 04:07 PM
*meant "NOW for the bad news..."

happy2bme1
01-18-2012, 04:08 PM

Hi everyone!

Great for you. you did awesome!!!!!:carrot:

pandamoose
01-18-2012, 04:11 PM

Wuv, what my coach ment was "your body needs more protein then most normal people do at your height and weight". lol not like I'm a giant and need more protein :D

happy2bme1
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM

congratulations!!! you and I have the same stats so it's great to hear that you did so well. I only lost 1 lb this week. I'm on wk 8 and I've lost 27 lbs so far on this diet so I'm very pleased. keep up the good work. :carrot::carrot:

bay316
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
I have my WI tomorrow morning, my scale says down another 4 lbs, but it is acting, screwy..lol. Think it needs new batteries, since the first time I stepped on it this morning it said I weighed 219lbs, that would have been more then a 10lb loss in a week. Not that I wouldn't have liked that mind you...lol..but a 4 lb loss makes more sense. Also get measured tomorrow as and am anxious to see how many inches I am down, my coach only measures every 2 weeks. Congrats to all the ones who lost today and good luck to those who have yet to weigh in!

wuv2bloved
01-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Hey, Everyone!

I had a great weigh-in today and lost 5.4 pounds during my 3rd week! Thrilled! I didn't know how it would go since I had been on prednisone and ravenous! I did increase to 2 more packets a day - and was just content with myself for doing that because I didn't dive into anything that was off program! Glad

No for the bad news: Got my lemon soy puffs...and ate. them. ALL.... Bad, bad girl. Not just 1 packet or two...but the whole darn box. Maybe I can't do this sweet restricted stuff? Am I playing with fire? I was able to stop at one last week but goodness.... the cookie monster came out (and it is ME!) :(
THE WHOLE BOX????.....you ate 7 packets????...GIRL....SELF CONTROL!!!!!!....WOW....that is all I am going to say!

Wuv, what my coach ment was "your body needs more protein then most normal people do at your height and weight". lol not like I'm a giant and need more protein :D

LOL....I was just wondering because I am 5'8 and 268 and was never told I had to add an egg or a packet. I was just curious :) thanks for sharing:hug:

kiki4me
01-18-2012, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4178049]THE WHOLE BOX????.....you ate 7 packets????...GIRL....SELF CONTROL!!!!!!....WOW....that is all I am going to say!

Yes.....(I say sheepishly).....I totally went ape and am here to admit I have a big problemo.... I get pretty compulsive AND I am tired which just lets my guard down.... Guess I'm not going to be buying any in the near future! That was a pretty expensive "meal".....UGGHHHHH!

Praying for some self-control, here. And I got a big headache now too... :?:

Plus, why did I do this after doing so well for 3 weeks. It's like I gave myself permission to splurge. I need to change this mindset or the weight is NOT going to stay off - that's all I'm going to say! :(

4kiddos
01-18-2012, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4178049]THE WHOLE BOX????.....you ate 7 packets????...GIRL....SELF CONTROL!!!!!!....WOW....that is all I am going to say!

Yes.....(I say sheepishly).....I totally went ape and am here to admit I have a big problemo.... I get pretty compulsive AND I am tired which just lets my guard down.... Guess I'm not going to be buying any in the near future! That was a pretty expensive "meal".....UGGHHHHH!

Plus, why did I do this after doing so well for 3 weeks. It's like I gave myself permission to splurge. I need to change this mindset or the weight is NOT going to stay off - that's all I'm going to say! :(

Find a way other than food to reward yourself or "splurge" as you say. This is a commitment and it works if you let it. I have had days where I am like, "Man that.....(fill in the blanks) looks good but I refrain because I have too much invested to cheat or give up on myself. I allow myself a choc raspberry bar every day, and I won't lie, there are a few times I have thought man I want another one BUT I stop because I gotta do this for me! Don't beat yourself up, look at it as (an expensive) lesson learned and move on. Perhaps you should only buy a packet or two next time! ;) It will be okay!

LaLibE
01-18-2012, 04:52 PM

Sounds like you have had a rough day :(

I would recommend you probably not buy the restricted items next time, or only buy one or two as a treat. Talk to your coach, they are there to help :hug:

Pamelama
01-18-2012, 05:09 PM

Speaking from experience,Prednisone is a b****, you know what I mean. I need it to breathe sometimes. It's one of those necessary evils. Unfortunately it reeks havoc with your blood sugar and causes major appetite increase & cravings. Hang in there! Today is a new start! :hug:

whirlygirl72
01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
*meant "NOW for the bad news..."

You are doing awesome! keep it up.

whirlygirl72
01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Ended up at a McDonald's today!!! And all I had was a black coffee! I don't even know who I am anymore lol. Naw it was quite the challenge and i felt very "ancy" the whole time I was there (like i was somewhere i shouldnt be) but I got out of there unharmed! Biggest NSV I've had yet I think!

Hey mind over matter!! good for you!

Momto2cs
01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Wuv-I need some advice-or anyone else!

My dh had joined me in ip but won't go see the coach. I am currently giving him 5 packets a day plus the veggies, supplements and 8oz protein.

He is about 260 and 6'. He is very active, at the gym or playing hockey most days.

He is losing nicely now.

Is this too much food? Too little? My thought is to stick to 5 until he stops losing and then drop to 4.

Gardengurl71
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM

Yuck! Is it regular pneumonia or walking pneumonia? I had the walking pneumonia kind and was literally sick for almost a month...Be patient and kind to yourself. One thing about pneumonia is that you don't bounce back quickly. Recovery takes several weeks. You will be tired and need lots of rest. My personal opinion is that trying to do IP right now might not be good for you (but IP did not cause the sickness). Rest up, be good to yourself and when you are feeling good again then you can go for it! take care!!!!

whirlygirl72
01-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I will get some of that and yes that was indeed what I was talking about!!! Thank you :)

thanks for asking.. i was wondering too.

binuc
hey everyone! I'm new on this ip diet and I'm already out of ideas on what to eat as a snack when I get really hungry!
I have lost 17 pounds in a month which is awesome and I have an other 90-100pounds to loss. I really want to loss all this weight and I don't want to get tired of these. so any tips for me to keep me motivated?

whirlygirl72

what is big mac in a bowl?

kiki4me
01-18-2012, 05:52 PM
You are doing awesome! keep it up.

Thank you! I really needed to hear that! I can't let this get me down. I'm breaking some very old, sad habits...!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Does anyone think food is more fun when it is tiny? I just made these savory little teacakes using the broccoli cheese soup and 0.7 oz of turkey and 1/2 tsp ground mustard. I used 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 egg white, 2oz of water and baked them in 3 well sprayed foil muffin cups for 15 min at 350. I let them cool, cut them in half, put mustard and turkey on them and then cut into little triangles. These could be cute as appetizers or party food, I think :-)

kiki4me
01-18-2012, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=kiki4me;4178094]

Find a way other than food to reward yourself or "splurge" as you say. This is a commitment and it works if you let it. I have had days where I am like, "Man that.....(fill in the blanks) looks good but I refrain because I have too much invested to cheat or give up on myself. I allow myself a choc raspberry bar every day, and I won't lie, there are a few times I have thought man I want another one BUT I stop because I gotta do this for me! Don't beat yourself up, look at it as (an expensive) lesson learned and move on. Perhaps you should only buy a packet or two next time! ;) It will be okay!

This is awesome! You are so right. I'm going to copy this to keep with me. Yes, why do I forget about doing this for me and give into something as degrading as having a large amount of "sweet taste" past through my lips? Thanks for this insight! I was starting to get into that black and white thinking and feel like I really messed up - so why not mess up my whole day... No, no....Refocus time. I need this for my health and for my life! :hug:

tenniels
01-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Thank you! I really needed to hear that! I can't let this get me down. I'm breaking some very old, sad habits...!

Don't let yourself get too down about it, but realize you may be out of ketosis from the carbs in 7 restricted packets. Put it out of your mind and get back to it. None of us have the right to judge you, I personally believe we all have some sort of self-control issue or none of us would be overweight and on Ideal Protein to begin with. Allow yourself a clean slate, sounds like you're doing great otherwise!!! Chin up girl!

tenniels
01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
what is big mac in a bowl?

I had no problem asking because I figured this was the place to do it! (In terms of bowel/digestion problems) Also, big mac in a bowl is a recipe someone has posted on here and it sounds delicious and gets rave reviews :) P.S- Love your avatar, I <3 Emily Strange too!

4kiddos
01-18-2012, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=4kiddos;4178105]

This is awesome! You are so right. I'm going to copy this to keep with me. Yes, why do I forget about doing this for me and give into something as degrading as having a large amount of "sweet taste" past through my lips? Thanks for this insight! I was starting to get into that black and white thinking and feel like I really messed up - so why not mess up my whole day... No, no....Refocus time. I need this for my health and for my life! :hug:

Good for you! You can do this and you are worth it! :hug:

idealpromom
01-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Your body is in onderland. Okay, maybe I am corny but I was singing this for you when I read your post earlier. There is a song by John Mayer called Your Body is a Wonderland.

aww :hug: thank you !

mrsmurphy
01-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Hey all!

Home from work today, sick. Well, I had a 102 fever and an ear infection. However, I didn't go off plan. Kept it moving... felt good. As usual I feel great.

To all the successful weigh-ins congratulations! To those in your first week. Stick it out!!

Don't quit before the miracle HAPPENS! :)

frazzledmom04
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Does anyone think food is more fun when it is tiny? I just made these savory little teacakes using the broccoli cheese soup and 0.7 oz of turkey and 1/2 tsp ground mustard. I used 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 egg white, 2oz of water and baked them in 3 well sprayed foil muffin cups for 15 min at 350. I let them cool, cut them in half, put mustard and turkey on them and then cut into little triangles. These could be cute as appetizers or party food, I think :-)

Those look so yummy! I haven't had the soup in a long time but I think I'm going to try this next week. Would make a perfect on the go lunch.

purple sky
01-18-2012, 07:07 PM

So cute, I love little food.

Lorilou
01-18-2012, 07:13 PM
My Ketostix arrived today. It said 'moderate". What does that mean? Am I in the right place as far as ketosis goes? I have been 100% OP for 18 days. Any information anyone has on this is appreciated. Thanks :hug:

purple sky
01-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Big Mac in a bowl is basically ground beef, seasoned with salt and pepper and iceberg lettuce chopped with dill pickles and onion (dehydrated or raw) and Walden Farms Thousand Island dressing. I can't find my recipe but hopefully someone else has it.

Okay, found it
Big Mac in a Bowl
.5lbs ground beef (about 5.5 oz cooked)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teasp minced dry onions
about 2 spears dill pickle, chopped
2 tbls WF Thousand Island dressing
1.5 oz iceberg lettuce, shredded.
Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Drain extra fat. Soak dry onions in a little water to rehydrate them. Add drained meat to bowl (large enough to be able to toss salad). Add remaining ingredients, then toss.

This is the basic recipe. You can alter it as you like. I think some people do wraps. We added more spice last time. I could not remember the last time I had a Big Mac but boy did this have the right taste. It's our go to comfort food. Fast and easy.

I eat it in a bowl and sit in front of the couch. It's very comforting to me.

massconfusion84
01-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Well I made it through the day without cheating..but Im still starving and I almost cried when I saw my MIL dinner (chicken enchiladas with bubbly cheese all over it mmmmmm) I dont know what my deal is but all I can do is fascinate bout food I cant have today. I hope tomorrows better

doublebaby
01-18-2012, 07:21 PM

These sound and LOOK really good! I can't wait to go "shopping" saturday for more broccoli cheese soup to try these out. Copied and pasted to my IP cookbook! Thanks again SomedayBubbly.
Reg

Ishbel
01-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Big Mac in a bowl is basically ground beef, seasoned with salt and pepper and iceberg lettuce chopped with dill pickles and onion (dehydrated or raw) and Walden Farms Thousand Island dressing. I can't find my recipe but hopefully someone else has it.

BIG MAC BOWL

Ingredients:

5 oz Extra Lean Ground Beef

1/4 c finely chopped white onion

1/4 c finely chopped dill pickles

3/4 c finely shredded iceberg lettuce

1 - 2 tbsp WF Thousand Island Dressing

Directions:

Cook up extra lean ground beef, drain fat and return to pan and add seasonings of choice (I used garlic powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash, salt & pepper). Remove beef from heat & mix in WF Thousand Island Dressing, pickles & onion Spread lettuce on plate, add beef mixture on top

This is what I have...:) Hope everyone had a great day! :)

HA! You posted it before I could! :) awesome :)

Trinique125
01-18-2012, 07:24 PM
so after 4 days of not having restrictives and being ravenous today I cheated and had, of all things, an egg salad sandwich!
I'm so mad at myself right now. So much for losing this week. Sigh. Feeling like a failure today. I was trying so hard too!

patns
01-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Those look so yummy! I haven't had the soup in a long time but I think I'm going to try this next week. Would make a perfect on the go lunch.

I wonder how this would work with the chicken soup? I think it should be OK. I don't really care for the soups so made it a goal to have one of them at work for lunch until they are gone. So I got down to one packet of chicken soup left and then saw this recipe. Also remembered I do like the cheese and broccoli soup but had too many chicken left to use up.

I think I will save that last packet of chicken soup and try these on the weekend.

Pat

grassfedbeef
01-18-2012, 07:34 PM

These look awesome! Have you made them with the other soups?? I think I only have mushroom soup right now and was never a fan of the broccoli soup, but maybe I'll have to try it again. Thanks.

ShellyT
01-18-2012, 08:03 PM

Wow, so simple, and such a great idea! I think the pic thing is perfect for those bad days!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-18-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm glad you guys like these! I used one of those brownie baking pans (same as a muffin pan but all squares) to get the shape, but I'm sure a round shape will be great, too. I have to stress that you need foil muffin cups and to spray/rub them well with olive oil. Also, if you have a grilled cheese/sandwich maker (like a waffle iron, but with 4 triangles), that will make 4 pieces of 'bread' already in triangle form ;-) If they seem too soggy, pop the pieces in a toaster oven or regular oven for a minute or two and then let them cool down. If you want to use ham, it really does taste kind of like a ham and cheese sandwich!

I've tried it using the leek soup and it was pretty good, but really salty. I am thinking about using more water, and increasing the egg whites to 2 and maybe a little more baking powder to dilute the saltiness.

I ordered the chicken soup for next week and will try using it, but I think it should work just fine.

Now, I'm off to try out my miracle rice--I'm going to make stuffed peppers! I will let you know how they turn out :)

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-18-2012, 08:17 PM
My Ketostix arrived today. It said 'moderate". What does that mean? Am I in the right place as far as ketosis goes? I have been 100% OP for 18 days. Any information anyone has on this is appreciated. Thanks :hug:

You are officially in ketosis :) If it goes to large (darkest color) make sure to drink more water. Drinking more water when it is moderate is a good idea, too.

happy2bme1
01-18-2012, 08:18 PM
so after 4 days of not having restrictives and being ravenous today I cheated and had, of all things, an egg salad sandwich!
I'm so mad at myself right now. So much for losing this week. Sigh. Feeling like a failure today. I was trying so hard too!

I always believed when a person is really ready to do something nothing in this world can stop them. You will probably need to have a talk with yourself honestly and determine if you really want to do this. if so, you will make this happen. take some deep breathes and have a serious talk with just you, not us, just you and find out what you really want. Hope this helps some and good luck.:hug:

patns
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM

Hi, not trying to be a downer, but if you don't get yourself detoxed with the processed carbs this isn't going to work and you are losing your money.
The first week was he** for me with migraine after migraine because of my carb addiction, but after that I have felt great and have tons of energy.

Pat

Lorilou
01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
You are officially in ketosis :) If it goes to large (darkest color) make sure to drink more water. Drinking more water when it is moderate is a good idea, too.

Thank you SomedayBubblySomeday for answering my question :hug: It's good to know all this hard work has put me where I need to be. I would hate to think that I wasn't in ketosis after almost 3 weeks of being 100% OP. Thanks again for the support :D

Trinique125
01-18-2012, 08:41 PM
you are right Pat and happyme
The last few days was difficult now I"ve made it even worse and I feel badly for it. Don't know what it is. I was putting too much emphasis on what the scale did and did not say and it got to me.
while it may have kicked me out of ketosis and set me back a few days I'm still determined to do this! I'm not giving up.

TFBeller
01-18-2012, 09:30 PM
I lost .5 lbs and 2 inches at WI2. Very excited especially since I cheated Sat night (1st and last cheat). So happy for this blog because I don't get any feedback from my coach. Weigh in, quickly measure and what do u need. That's ok - like I said - feel so blessed to have this site for support and so much information here!

TFBeller
01-18-2012, 10:01 PM
I understand how u are feeling. I felt so guilty for cheating on Sat evening. All you can do is look forward, lesson learned. I think about taking 2 days to get back into ketosis, what a waste. Just remind yourself next time u think about cheating, it's just going to take that much longer to get to goal.

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Here is the delicious stuffed pepper I made tonight! I weighed the pepper earlier today and it was 1 1/2 cups, so I kept my lunch veggie to a cup. I used another 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, 4.5 oz bison, a package of miracle rice, some WF marinara, chopped garlic, chili powder & onion powder. I boiled the pepper while cooking the meat and mushrooms, stuffed it and baked it @ 400 for 30 minutes. I sprinkled some Land O'Lakes sour cream & onion over the top when I put it on my plate to eat. It was very close to the real thing! This was my first try with miracle rice and I will definitely be buying more!

ShellyT
01-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Here is the delicious stuffed pepper I made tonight! I weighed the pepper earlier today and it was 1 1/2 cups, so I kept my lunch veggie to a cup. I used another 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, 4.5 oz bison, a package of miracle rice, some WF marinara, chopped garlic, chili powder & onion powder. I boiled the pepper while cooking the meat and mushrooms, stuffed it and baked it @ 400 for 30 minutes. I sprinkled some Land O'Lakes sour cream & onion over the top when I put it on my plate to eat. It was very close to the real thing! This was my first try with miracle rice and I will definitely be buying more!
Can you buy miracle rice locally or do you have to order? This looks yummy!

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
I had to buy it online from netrition.com--it was $2.79 per package. It's also available on amazon.com. Be prepared that it smells really fishy when you open it, so you have to rinse it for a few minutes and then blanch for a minute or two in boiling water (I turned the heat off when I added it to the water and just let it sit). Then, it will take on the taste of whatever you cook it in.

mompattie
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't let yourself get too down about it, but realize you may be out of ketosis from the carbs in 7 restricted packets. Put it out of your mind and get back to it. None of us have the right to judge you, I personally believe we all have some sort of self-control issue or none of us would be overweight and on Ideal Protein to begin with. Allow yourself a clean slate, sounds like you're doing great otherwise!!! Chin up girl!

VERY WELL SAID!!! We're all in this together, let the person living in the glass house throw the first rock - we all got here from binging and over eating. Lets have some compassion here, we all make mistakes! For me, its about control. I've let food control me for too long and now I CONTROL FOOD not the other way around. When I want to reach in for "one more" bar or soy puffs, I say to myself...."what is really going on here? Am I sad? Upset? Lonely? Angry?" I will not feed my soul with food anymore. Hang in there, forgive yourself, shake yourself off and start again fresh tomorrow. Every day is fresh and new with no mistakes in it yet.

Jonis
01-18-2012, 10:56 PM
On my 10th day of IP. I will weigh in with my coach only once per month because I am 1.5 hours away from city so I find this forum very helpful for me. I weigh and measure myself once a week and call in my results to my coach. I started at 205 and an now at 198.2. My goal is 165. Happy to have you all in this with me. Have a great day tomorrow.

Shemsham
01-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Does any use capella drops or know if they are allowed in the shakes? I used them on Medifast and thought they were good but I wasn't sure if IP allowed them ~ Tammy

http://capellaflavordrops.com/

kiki4me
01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
VERY WELL SAID!!! We're all in this together, let the person living in the glass house throw the first rock - we all got here from binging and over eating. Lets have some compassion here, we all make mistakes! For me, its about control. I've let food control me for too long and now I CONTROL FOOD not the other way around. When I want to reach in for "one more" bar or soy puffs, I say to myself...."what is really going on here? Am I sad? Upset? Lonely? Angry?" I will not feed my soul with food anymore. Hang in there, forgive yourself, shake yourself off and start again fresh tomorrow. Every day is fresh and new with no mistakes in it yet.

Thank you for your timely words, mompattie. This spoke to my heart and even created a few tears in my eyes. Yes, you nailed it. This is another set of words I will print out and keep handy. I totally wasn't thinking NOR was I on-guard. These packets were in my car as I drove home from my WI - and it's been a tough week - which I don't think I really acknowledged. Yes, I'm probably out of ketosis - and maybe it's good to see the consequences of my behavior so it will stick in my head better next time to BE CAREFUL! My bad habits are still lurking around the corner.... Thanks again. I needed this.

kiki4me
01-18-2012, 11:02 PM
...and tenniels thank you too. I was feeling pretty regretful! Appreciate the encouragement more than I can express... :)

kiki4me
01-18-2012, 11:09 PM
I understand how u are feeling. I felt so guilty for cheating on Sat evening. All you can do is look forward, lesson learned. I think about taking 2 days to get back into ketosis, what a waste. Just remind yourself next time u think about cheating, it's just going to take that much longer to get to goal.

You are so right, TFBeller! Thank you for the kind words. I felt totally caught off guard. But, I guess I did give myself permission to stray and have that 2nd packet - which threw in the towel - so to speak!

Does anybody know how many carbs actually throw us out of ketosis? I keep track of all my food through myfitnesspal so I see the carb total show up! (It also amazes me - when I'm OP - how little calories I eat and still don't feel hungry - which has been a Godsend!). So hang in there, newbies. Getting to ketosis is awesome! :D

mrsmurphy
01-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Hey everyone... i can't believe week three for me is flying by. My scale broke about three days ago, what a cliche, huh? lol But, seriously i think i was weighing myself too much so it was God telling me to stop it already! It was a crappy scale anyways. I am wondering what kind of scale everyone uses and where'd ya get it?

Also, what kind of scale your using to weigh food?

mompattie
01-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Thank you for your timely words, mompattie. This spoke to my heart and even created a few tears in my eyes. Yes, you nailed it. This is another set of words I will print out and keep handy. I totally wasn't thinking NOR was I on-guard. These packets were in my car as I drove home from my WI - and it's been a tough week - which I don't think I really acknowledged. Yes, I'm probably out of ketosis - and maybe it's good to see the consequences of my behavior so it will stick in my head better next time to BE CAREFUL! My bad habits are still lurking around the corner.... Thanks again. I needed this.

Anytime! We're here for each other and one day it will be my turn for a "boost" from you guys! You're doing awesome!!! Tomorrow is a new day!! HUGS!

ShellyT
01-18-2012, 11:50 PM
I had to buy it online from netrition.com--it was $2.79 per package. It's also available on amazon.com. Be prepared that it smells really fishy when you open it, so you have to rinse it for a few minutes and then blanch for a minute or two in boiling water (I turned the heat off when I added it to the water and just let it sit). Then, it will take on the taste of whatever you cook it in.
Thank you. I have eaten the tofu noodles, and dont mind the smell....as long as it fills the noodle need...: )

DanafromAustin
01-18-2012, 11:51 PM
I had kind of a stupid question. I few years ago i had stage 3 cervical cancer. I survived, obviously, but the surgeries and treatments (chemo/radiation) took a toll on my body. It pushed me into a VERY early menopause, i'm only 39 and am in post menopause.

I have been steadily losing weight each week, but i wonder if having almost nothing for a metabolism hurts me. I cannot take prescribed hormones because its a danger to me for reoccurrence. However, i was wondering if anyone knows a natural supplement that might help me. Im taking all the vitamins my coach gave me, but i'm scared i may plateau because of my lousy metabolism.:?:

I can relate to your worries as I had the same concerns. A year ago I had endometrial cancer and had to have a complete hysterectomy. I was also worried that being post menopausal would hurt my weight loss as nothing I tried would work. My coach assured me that this diet works just as well for those of us who are pre-menopausal or post-menopausal. I have to agree with her as I have lost 55 pounds in 17 weeks. My average weight loss is now 3.25 pounds per week which is the average on IP. A couple of times I only lost 1 pound in a week, but the week after I would have a good weight loss. As long as you are loosing each week, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Momto2cs
01-18-2012, 11:55 PM
You are so right, TFBeller! Thank you for the kind words. I felt totally caught off guard. But, I guess I did give myself permission to stray and have that 2nd packet - which threw in the towel - so to speak!

Does anybody know how many carbs actually throw us out of ketosis? I keep track of all my food through myfitnesspal so I see the carb total show up! (It also amazes me - when I'm OP - how little calories I eat and still don't feel hungry - which has been a Godsend!). So hang in there, newbies. Getting to ketosis is awesome! :D

It depends on each person...some can go up to 50 g of carbs and still be in ketosis.

I expect anything over 100 will definitely stop ketosis. But tomorrow is another day and you just need to put this behind you and get back op.

I find the puddings made into shakes way more filling than the snack foods...

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Just for the record, those of you who think I said something out of line don't know me. When I speak on this board it is honest and from the heart. If you are NOT committed to the program then that is on you. I have been 100% committed to this program for 7 months. I have NOT CHEATED at all, that means no licks, taste, nibbles or sips of ANYTHING that I am not suppose to have.I have NEVER once said I lived glass house.....MY HOUSE (journey)has ALWAYS been open for EVERYONE to see. I HAVE NEVER EVER JUDGED anyone, and if me saying what I did offended anyone I am sorry but it is the truth.

I have helped many people here and I will continue to do so. I still have a long ways to go but if what I say is going to be JUDGED then I will keep my words to myself and those who would like my help can message me. I have always giving support and kind words NEVER ever will I say something negative!

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Just for the record, those of you who think I said something out of line don't know me. When I speak on this board it is honest and from the heart. If you are NOT committed to the program then that is on you. I have been 100% committed to this program for 7 months. I have NOT CHEATED at all, that means no licks, taste, nibbles or sips of ANYTHING that I am not suppose to have.I have NEVER once said I lived glass house.....MY HOUSE (journey)has ALWAYS been open for EVERYONE to see. I HAVE NEVER EVER JUDGED anyone, and if me saying what I did offended anyone I am sorry but it is the truth.

I have helped many people here and I will continue to do so. I still have a long ways to go but if what I say is going to be JUDGED then I will keep my words to myself and those who would like my help can message me.

I totally don't think anything you said was horrible by any means. People need to be held accountable for their actions regardless of what they are. If you don't want people to hold you responsible, then don't post it on the ~internet~. Definitely got your back! :D

4kiddos
01-19-2012, 12:03 AM

I have helped many people here and I will continue to do so. I still have a long ways to go but if what I say is going to be JUDGED then I will keep my words to myself and those who would like my help can message me.

LIKE BUTTON! Don't even think about not being a part of these threads Lisa! Your experience and knowledge is invaluable to me and a lot of other people. I applaud your 7 months and I know you will continue your journey to the end!

Momto2cs
01-19-2012, 12:08 AM
I agree wuv. You have an excellent perspective that is very helpful. Ip definitely works when you embrace the "rules"! Please keep offering your thoughts!!!

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE=kiki4me;4178094]

Sounds like you have had a rough day :(

I would recommend you probably not buy the restricted items next time, or only buy one or two as a treat. Talk to your coach, they are there to help :hug:

[QUOTE=kiki4me;4178094]

Speaking from experience,Prednisone is a b****, you know what I mean. I need it to breathe sometimes. It's one of those necessary evils. Unfortunately it reeks havoc with your blood sugar and causes major appetite increase & cravings. Hang in there! Today is a new start! :hug:

Thanks, Pamelama - I'm better now thankfully - Yes, breathing sounds like a pretty good option. I had walking pneumonia. I saw someone else post that they may have it too. Yes, I will start over tomorrow. I made it through the rest of the day - and did not return to the binge so that is good. Thanks for your support!

TFBeller
01-19-2012, 12:24 AM

I have helped many people here and I will continue to do so. I still have a long ways to go but if what I say is going to be JUDGED then I will keep my words to myself and those who would like my help can message me. I have always giving support and kind words NEVER ever will I say something negative!
Hey Wuv, please don't stop giving advice, I need your guidance!

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 12:24 AM

Wuv - I didn't view it as being judgemental... Please know that! I need to realize that is not the "normal healthy eating goal" I am shooting for...so it's good to have different reactions to wake me up and thrust me into being more committed. I admire how far you have come...and that's my goal too!

I don't want to be playing around anymore with my program. I need this. I need my life to change. I need to be a good mom...and a good "me"! I need to be aware and not close my eyes to what is detrimental or make excuses either. I do appreciate everyone's reaction to my comments. I needed the shock factor as well as the encouragement to get back going! This is what is good about forums, right? :hug: Thank you all for your responses! I will take it and grow from it! (But yes, I felt like I had to share that awful ugliness of my day to get passed it and recommit)...

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 12:27 AM
P.S. Also, I think we need to give eachother an enormous measure of grace. One bad thing about forums is that we don't truly hear the tone in how things are said - so it's easy to misinterpret a person's motives. We are hear to help eachother, right? Love to you all....

wuv2bloved
01-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Wuv-I need some advice-or anyone else!

My dh had joined me in ip but won't go see the coach. I am currently giving him 5 packets a day plus the veggies, supplements and 8oz protein.

He is about 260 and 6'. He is very active, at the gym or playing hockey most days.

He is losing nicely now.

Is this too much food? Too little? My thought is to stick to 5 until he stops losing and then drop to 4.
I think he would be ok with 4 packets and upping his protein to 10oz for dinner. I remember Wayward having to do that since he is so active and it seemed to work for him. I know Wayward bought the EAS carb control drinks for his "4th" packet to cut some of the cost down, so you might try that.

Wuv - I didn't view it as being judgemental... Please know that! I need to realize that is not the "normal healthy eating goal" I am shooting for...so it's good to have different reactions to wake me up and thrust me into being more committed. I admire how far you have come...and that's my goal too!

I don't want to be playing around anymore with my program. I need this. I need my life to change. I need to be a good mom...and a good "me"! I need to be aware and not close my eyes to what is detrimental or make excuses either. I do appreciate everyone's reaction to my comments. I needed the shock factor as well as the encouragement to get back going! This is what is good about forums, right? :hug: Thank you all for your responses! I will take it and grow from it! (But yes, I felt like I had to share that awful ugliness of my day to get passed it and recommit)...
I just wanted to make sure because it sure seem that a few people thought that is what I did.

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 12:38 AM
It depends on each person...some can go up to 50 g of carbs and still be in ketosis.

I expect anything over 100 will definitely stop ketosis. But tomorrow is another day and you just need to put this behind you and get back op.

I find the puddings made into shakes way more filling than the snack foods...

Thanks for the education on this. I am sitting at 106 carbs - not that I intend to ever push the limit again or stray from the program. Felt yucky tonight and guilt about getting caught up in that sugar and wasting all my hard work AND money!

Does anyone just NOT do the bars or puffs? Just makes me wonder if the sweet taste can be a sweet tooth trigger. I will intend on buying just one - if I even buy just one - next time. I think I'll be a cereal and pudding woman for awhile !

JellyMae87
01-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the education on this. I am sitting at 106 carbs - not that I intend to ever push the limit again or stray from the program. Felt yucky tonight and guilt about getting caught up in that sugar and wasting all my hard work AND money!

Does anyone just NOT do the bars or puffs? Just makes me wonder if the sweet taste can be a sweet tooth trigger. I will intend on buying just one - if I even buy just one - next time. I think I'll be a cereal and pudding woman for awhile !

I enjoy the puffs or bars. It's something nice to wake up. Something I look forward too. Then I'm eating as soon as I get up... And if you feel that you have a sweet tooth. Try the chocolate mix drink. That is my savior!!

As far a Lisa living in a glass house. I would have to say that I would have to he her roommate. That woman as helped me more than anyone other than my mother... I would not be where I am if it wasn't for the late night texts. Or chats on FB....

Momto2cs
01-19-2012, 01:00 AM
I normally have no bars or puffs. Mainly puddings (as shakes) and soups. I used to have the omlette, but I am tired of it. I do also like the cereal, but don't find it filling enough.

I like the soups and it makes lunch seem like a regular, filling meal with soup and salad.

I do keep a bar in my car for emergencies!

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 01:12 AM
I totally don't think anything you said was horrible by any means. People need to be held accountable for their actions regardless of what they are. If you don't want people to hold you responsible, then don't post it on the ~internet~. Definitely got your back! :D

I do want to be held accountable - yes, that is precisely why I posted...! I appreciate the truth that was spoken by wuv but I don't want to discount the encouragement that others offered to me as well. I really hope my comments didn't create hard feelings between some of you.

As a side note: by saying I had a tough day, it was not only tough with me going off-plan but due to the fact that a friend committed suicide two days ago so yes, there was some underlying feelings that I let get the best of me despite my earlier resolve. I goofed. BUT the "truth-side" of this is that the world is full of tragic things that happen every day and I want to learn to not handle it like this anymore...and not be so afraid of feeling pain and stuffing the feelings... In hindsight, that is what I was doing. I'm hoping IP can help me with this issue. I didn't do very well at all for a moment today but started new after posting here. Thanks for listening - and again, I hope no one has bad feelings towards each other because it was a good balance of words I needed to hear.:hug:

omgzitsmiranda
01-19-2012, 01:15 AM
I do want to be held accountable - yes, that is precisely why I posted...! I appreciate the truth that was spoken by wuv but I don't want to discount the encouragement that others offered to me as well. I really hope my comments didn't create hard feelings between some of you.

As a side note: by saying I had a tough day, it was not only tough with me going off-plan but due to the fact that a friend committed suicide two days ago so yes, there was some underlying feelings that I let get the best of me despite my earlier resolve. I goofed. BUT the "truth-side" of this is that the world is full of tragic things that happen every day and I want to learn to not handle it like this anymore...and not be so afraid of feeling pain and stuffing the feelings... In hindsight, that is what I was doing. I'm hoping IP can help me with this issue. I didn't do very well at all for a moment today but started new after posting here. Thanks for listening - and again, I hope no one has bad feelings towards each other because it was a good balance of words I needed to hear.:hug:

I think the whole thing was just a huge understanding between everyone lol. But I don't think you would've posted about it unless you knew something bad had happened lol. But at least you know & you're going on with it. Sorry about your friend <3 I can understand your feelings to want to eat, but food isn't going to help it any better than anything else either. -hugs-

Just try harder to stay away from things that trigger you, that would be your best/safest bet. You've come so far, don't throw it away now!

tenniels
01-19-2012, 01:22 AM
...and tenniels thank you too. I was feeling pretty regretful! Appreciate the encouragement more than I can express... :)

Anytimes :) I know I need the encouragement too. Today I ate an extra pudding. I was on the verge of saying screw it and going on a binge. I'm disappointed in myself, but feeling better now that I pulled it together and reading how great you girls are all doing. If the packets did throw you out of ketosis, it definitely wouldn't be like starting fresh. You'd still have less than a "normal" days worth of carbs in your system. Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll be fine!!

tsmoore71
01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Hi everyone!

Great Job! Congrats.

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 01:27 AM
I think the whole thing was just a huge understanding between everyone lol. But I don't think you would've posted about it unless you knew something bad had happened lol. But at least you know & you're going on with it. Sorry about your friend <3 I can understand your feelings to want to eat, but food isn't going to help it any better than anything else either. -hugs-

Just try harder to stay away from things that trigger you, that would be your best/safest bet. You've come so far, don't throw it away now!

Thanks, Miranda! Very true! I have to more vigilant now... Yes, that evil lemon puff concoction will not be getting reordered by me (and in turn, I do think I need to be journaling more!). Thanks for understanding! :smug:

tenniels
01-19-2012, 01:28 AM

I didn't think you said anything negative, but like you I am 100% honest. I just said I believe we ALL have some sort of self control issue to find ourselves here having these discussions. I was offering support in the way I know how, as were you. I don't see anything wrong with either. I hope there is no misunderstanding, but I stand behind my post. You've been very helpful to me thus far, and I really do appreciate it. I think we all have something different to contribute which is a beautiful thing.

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Anytimes :) I know I need the encouragement too. Today I ate an extra pudding. I was on the verge of saying screw it and going on a binge. I'm disappointed in myself, but feeling better now that I pulled it together and reading how great you girls are all doing. If the packets did throw you out of ketosis, it definitely wouldn't be like starting fresh. You'd still have less than a "normal" days worth of carbs in your system. Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll be fine!!

Really??? Awesome! Great to hear! I'm back on track shortly! :dizzy: You hang in there too! Congrats on the victory!

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 01:31 AM
I didn't think you said anything negative, but like you I am 100% honest. I just said I believe we ALL have some sort of self control issue to find ourselves here having these discussions. I was offering support in the way I know how, as were you. I don't see anything wrong with either. I hope there is no misunderstanding, but I stand behind my post. You've been very helpful to me thus far, and I really do appreciate it. I think we all have something different to contribute which is a beautiful thing.

Agreed! I'm looking forward to journeying with all of you as we keep pressing on to our individual goal!

kiki4me
01-19-2012, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by idealpromom

Hi everyone!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

tenniels
01-19-2012, 01:38 AM
Agreed! I'm looking forward to journeying with all of you as we keep pressing on to our individual goal!

Well said! We all hold a different puzzle piece and are each needed to complete the picture of an informative forum. Cheers to you girls for another day OP :)

Linden
01-19-2012, 06:03 AM
thanks Dana, I've been having half my protein at lunch this week and half at dinner, PLUS a whole egg that I do not count:D
yesterday I had chicken breast twice with veggies and salad, I calculated with my 3 shakes and chicken I only had roughly 700 calories!
I wasn't too hungry yesterday

Did you add 2 t of oil into the total calories? Hope so, because it's necessary. And if you did, 700 is really pretty low -- although one day won't hurt. It's just that you might get hungry the next day. You know, because things one does don't always show up for a day or two?

kimmyskelter
01-19-2012, 07:05 AM
:smug::carrot::carrot::carrot:;)hey guys im skelter. im in this weight loss thing since january 9 2012. im subbing to this group. anyway. i wish yall luck. today im not sure what im having because i am BROKE and i dnt get paid until next week. anyway im 6lbs down in 10 days so wish me luck and i wish u all luck. later. im off to work!

kimmyskelter
01-19-2012, 07:09 AM
oh and hi TSMOORE.... we r almost the same weight. did u join the bikini 2012 challenge? u guys should it great. ok for real...bye nowww!lol