Old 01-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5ft 7in

Default we all have our off days...

Im having my fair share of bad days and I can't seem to concentrate on dieting. What are some things you guys do to keep your mind off hunger?

I could use some good tips.
Nocturneluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

Chewing gum helps keep my hunger at bay

Unfortunately for me, I just got a temporary crown so no chewing gum for 3 weeks.

I also find keeping busy helps. Cleaning my house really helps!
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/301.6/200

Height: 5'6

Have you tried a food journal, on a normal "not watching" day? Write down literally EVERYTHING, bite of this- bite of that- scoop of this-...it really will amaze you how much you consume when you didn't think you were doing that bad!

I food journal everything, including my blood pressure once a week, blood sugar (fasting) once a week, weigh in and body fat index once a week, my daily vitamins as well as my 8 cups of water (at least). I really think it helps!

Good luck getting into "the groove"!
Jesseka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/301.6/200

OH! and make sure you're drinking plenty of water...sometimes when you think you're hungry, you're actually just dehydrated!
Jesseka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

when you feel like crap at night and you know you're gonna get the munchies whatever you do... go to bed early!

other things that take my mind off eating: knitting, cutting up stuff i like from magazines, taking a bath, brushing my teeth, skyping with people... i'd say go for a walk or work-out, but since i'm a lazy bum and don't do it myself, it wouldn't be fair, eheh...
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #6  

I've never knitted and my boyfriend seriously wants me to get into that haha. Maybe I will for some extra distraction. Im trying to get inti the groove of having more water daily I was never really good at keeping my water intake up or even liquids in general but hopefully it I can get into the routine.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #7  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes at work I'm required to work until midnight, so when I get home I'm starving because I've been awake longer than I should be. Honestly I just force myself not to eat, I know it's terrible eating that late so I just down a lot of water and go to bed. In the morning I feel fine and I don't get hungry until a lot later.

Gum is also a good suggestion, I usually stick with water since sometimes the growling in your stomach can be dehydration.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Is it real hunger? Sometimes you just want food for the sake of eating it, and when that happens, I chew gum or suck on a caramel. Less calories and you get that "sensation."

Yesterday and the day before I was just going NUTS and wanted food. I don't know why, but I know I wasn't hungry. Water didn't do the trick and even Diet Coke (which usually fills me right up) didn't help. Gum and having a caramel to suck on go me through those two days! Let's hope today is better!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Best post to come across at this time! I was feeling starving even though I recently ate, and was tempted to eat, junk no less, even though i'll be going to bed soon. My stomach was growling. I came on this and saw to drink water. I feel much better now!
armygirl808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #10  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I have a picture of myself as my Iphone wallpaper when I was thin, healthy and had abs. Lately it's been helping alot, and I'm usually really good with my self until it comes around TOM. I haven't experience this month yet because of course I still have two weeks before it starts...I'm not looking forward to the random cravings of everything and constantly feeling hungry...

I know what helps especially when I'm at a mall and I just ate at the food court, I usually want something else like ice cream or chocolate or anything what I would do is then go take a walk around the mall and get my mind off of it. Usually works. Or if I'm at work (because my job is boring and all I want to do is eat.) I'll find myself after my break wanting something sugary so I take a walk and it usually helps with not grabbing anything.

If it's one of those days where I want something but can't figure out what it is, Ill go into the store look at a bunch of different things and take forever to think about it, because I can't pin point what it is I want...and leave empty handed because I didn't know what to get.

If I'm at home, I'll chug some lemon water and start cleaning or play videogame on that's addictive keep my hands busy do something...or just think that I lost the last weigh in to my biggest loser challenge against two other friends which pissed me off and it stops me. LOL
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #11  

I am actually starting a biggest loser compition with my coworkers soon. I came up with the idea and of enough people try for it we are going to do that. I hope that gives me more incentive. I want to lose hut I never really achieve something rude well unless I gain something else. Like I got straight A's one semester at school because if I did I was given the gift to go see my first broadway show. I definitely want to have something to strive for and I know my health and size is something but I like a good competition.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #12  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by armygirl808 View Post
Best post to come across at this time! I was feeling starving even though I recently ate, and was tempted to eat, junk no less, even though i'll be going to bed soon. My stomach was growling. I came on this and saw to drink water. I feel much better now!
Same here. I really, really don't know whats up with me. I'm stocking up on water and green tea this whole week when I've had the munchies. I really seem to be eating more this week.
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #13  

The last couple of days i've used the gum idea, the water idea, and been having coffee and tea more often. It certainly has been a huge help! Thanks to all for the tips.
I went down a pound in three days =)