Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/17/12

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/17/12

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-other-important-threads.html)

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html)- EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf)

alaskastarr
01-17-2012, 02:54 AM
Looks like I get to be first today :) I hope that everyone has a great day as they go about working and doing whatever it is that needs to be done today.

I have 6+ hrs of work then 6+ hours of new classes starting. Wish me luck as my schedule is getting all screwy now. I get home about 3:15pm and have to gather my dinner stuff head to a long class then eat then another long class then home...I know the end results of both of these are worth it, but it sure is hard sometimes until I get back into the groove of doing it all...(I'm starting to panic that I won't be able to stay OP even though I know my hubby will help me as much as possible) EEK...

JellyMae87
01-17-2012, 03:25 AM
Looks like I get to be first today :) I hope that everyone has a great day as they go about working and doing whatever it is that needs to be done today.

I have 6+ hrs of work then 6+ hours of new classes starting. Wish me luck as my schedule is getting all screwy now. I get home about 3:15pm and have to gather my dinner stuff head to a long class then eat then another long class then home...I know the end results of both of these are worth it, but it sure is hard sometimes until I get back into the groove of doing it all...(I'm starting to panic that I won't be able to stay OP even though I know my hubby will help me as much as possible) EEK...

Just keep focused. And keep your eye on the prize!! Stay strong to don't go astray.... Just tell yourself you are worth it!!!!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-17-2012, 05:22 AM
It's bad, but I didn't eat dinner or a snack last night. I went straight to bed, then the medicine to bring down my fever made me sleep more. I've been too weak to walk downstairs and to be honest I am not hungry at all ); I do have a large bottle of water next to me for hydration, though. When people start waking up I'll ask one of my siblings or parents to make some eggs for me.

nikkib
01-17-2012, 06:40 AM

Imo as long as you are organized and prepared I think you will be fine. I usually make a few days worth of meat on Sunday night and make my lunch veggie and sometimes supper veggie the night before after the kids go to bed. I have found a few baby dill pickles does wonders if you are hungry. It is so nice your husband is supportive. Sounds like a keeper :) You will do just fine. Just believe in yourself!

It's bad, but I didn't eat dinner or a snack last night. I went straight to bed, then the medicine to bring down my fever made me sleep more. I've been too weak to walk downstairs and to be honest I am not hungry at all ); I do have a large bottle of water next to me for hydration, though. When people start waking up I'll ask one of my siblings or parents to make some eggs for me.

Hopefully it is just a quick 1 day bug. I know it is hard to eat when all you want to do is sleep:( I hope you feel better.

rissimo
01-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,
Weigh in # 9 this morning, another 1.2 pounds gone!!

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

Good job! Keep it up!

TracyAWC
01-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Morning all...

No idea it was going to snow today and there's a delayed opening I didn't bother checking for...grrrr

TOM has come for the FOURTH time in 2 months and 7 days I've been on the diet. Nice. Figured it out and I'm averaging 21 days between TOM start days- two weeks off and one week on. Hate that but love this diet so I can't complain too much about a minor inconvenience :)

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

mamacitaof2
01-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Good Morning everyone! So it's not an official weigh in, because that isn't until Friday, but I wanted to try out my new scale! So far, I've lost 4lbs this week! I hoping it stays off and then some! I also love that I can now measure BF, water and muscle so I can track my progress better. I don't have any numbers to complare other than BF. I was measured at work in July of last year and my BF is 5% less! I'm pretty pumped about that and can't wait to see the numbers change for the better!

Have a great OP day!

northernfawn
01-17-2012, 07:38 AM
good morning all. Well I made it through day 3 and the megga headache! I'm feeling good this morning and quite motivated - I'm in ketosis!!! I also had a quick peek at the scale and looks like I'm down about 4 lbs...can't wait till my official weigh-in next Monday.

Hope you all have a good OP day

rissimo
01-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Good Morning everyone! So it's not an official weigh in, because that isn't until Friday, but I wanted to try out my new scale! So far, I've lost 4lbs this week! I hoping it stays off and then some! I also love that I can now measure BF, water and muscle so I can track my progress better. I don't have any numbers to complare other than BF. I was measured at work in July of last year and my BF is 5% less! I'm pretty pumped about that and can't wait to see the numbers change for the better!

Have a great OP day!

Mamacita,
What scale did you get?

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

woo hoo! great job! :hug:

NavyMommy
01-17-2012, 08:25 AM

It's all about planning ahead and making sure you have what you need with you. You'll do great as long as you have everything ready to go. I try and make it as easy as possible on myself. That's great about your hubby too!! Sounds like a keeper, you'll do fine!

Take care of yourself. The diet will be here when you're feeling better. With a fever that high your body is trying to fight something off for sure.

Good Morning IPeeps,

WooHoo!!!! WTG!! :carrot:

Have a great OP day!

That's awesome, I love my scale. I'm currently kind of obsessed with the water content feature on mine. It said in the pamphlet for women that it should be about 50% and I can't get mine above 42%. I'm assuming it's because it's a) probably not very accurate (I drink no less than 4L a day now) and b) because so much of my body mass is fat it will go up as I lose weight.

good morning all. Well I made it through day 3 and the megga headache! I'm feeling good this morning and quite motivated - I'm in ketosis!!! I also had a quick peek at the scale and looks like I'm down about 4 lbs...can't wait till my official weigh-in next Monday.

Great job!! Hope you have a great day 4!!

NavyMommy
01-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Good morning!!

I am feeling pretty good today. It's funny, even though my weight never changes that much day to day I have days where I just wake up feeling skinny. Today is one of those days. I know I still have a long way to go for my little short frame (5'2" is pushing it), but it's fun to feel skinny some days.

Taking the kids to the zoo this morning. I have my puffs packed, but I need to get some more easy to carry veggies because I am just going to have to wait until we get back to eat those (steamed broccoli / cauliflower). My staples are pepper strips and cucumbers, but thankfully I need to go to Sam's today anyways and will stock up there.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

MustangMolly
01-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Good morning!!

I am feeling pretty good today. It's funny, even though my weight never changes that much day to day I have days where I just wake up feeling skinny. Today is one of those days. I know I still have a long way to go for my little short frame (5'2" is pushing it), but it's fun to feel skinny some days.

Taking the kids to the zoo this morning. I have my puffs packed, but I need to get some more easy to carry veggies because I am just going to have to wait until we get back to eat those (steamed broccoli / cauliflower). My staples are pepper strips and cucumbers, but thankfully I need to go to Sam's today anyways and will stock up there.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

I know what you mean, especially being 5'2" myself. When I put on jeans that are baggy in the behind I feel "skinny". Someone at work told me I was getting smaller in both directions...side to side and back to front. Talk about helping that skinny feeling.
Good luck to eveyrone staying OP today.

sandralosingweight
01-17-2012, 09:05 AM
UUUUUUUhhhhh! I can't believe what a start of a day I put myself through! Silly me, I prepared my salad, my shake and my vitamin, packed them all in my lunch bag only to forget them on the table at home!!!

It was too late to go back to get them or else I will be way too late to work!!!

But since it took me so long to go back OP and since I've been trying without succeeding since the new year's day, today, I am not going to mess up no matter what. There is a nutrition place not far from where I work called GNC and they sell RTD protein shakes, I will go there and buy two, one for my lunch and one for my 3 pm snack, then once I arrive home, I will eat the prepared salad and then will prepare my supper as usually.

I just want to go through a 3 day of 100 % OP cause I know afterward it will get much easier, I've been trying since two weeks now only to blow it up! Yesterday was good, so today is day 2 and I am determined to make it work no matter what.

I hope everyone is doing well.

LaLibE
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
UUUUUUUhhhhh! I can't believe what a start of a day I put myself through! Silly me, I prepared my salad, my shake and my vitamin, packed them all in my lunch bag only to forget them on the table at home!!!

It was too late to go back to get them or else I will be way too late to work!!!

But since it took me so long to go back OP and since I've been trying without succeeding since the new year's day, today, I am not going to mess up no matter what. There is a nutrition place not far from where I work called GNC and they sell RTD protein shakes, I will go there and buy two, one for my lunch and one for my 3 pm snack, then once I arrive home, I will eat the prepared salad and then will prepare my supper as usually.

I just want to go through a 3 day of 100 % OP cause I know afterward it will get much easier, I've been trying since two weeks now only to blow it up! Yesterday was good, so today is day 2 and I am determined to make it work no matter what.

This is DAY 2 OP for me as well, we can do it!!!
Elissa

sandralosingweight
01-17-2012, 09:12 AM
This is DAY 2 OP for me as well, we can do it!!!
Elissa

Hello Elissa,

I read about your struggles coming back OP! Good luck and YES, you said it: we CAN do it :) :hug:

Lakewood
01-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Good Morning all! I think I am back in ketosis - freezing and thirsty - those are the signs I look for. :carrot: Anyone else go through that when in ketosis?

Had an NVS yesterday while at my physical therapy. She was working on my shoulder and said 'You're BONEY!" Hahahahaha I'll take boney!

Off to work! Have a great day.

abuck
01-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Good Morning all! I think I am back in ketosis - freezing and thirsty - those are the signs I look for. :carrot: Anyone else go through that when in ketosis?

Had an NVS yesterday while at my physical therapy. She was working on my shoulder and said 'You're BONEY!" Hahahahaha I'll take boney!

Off to work! Have a great day.

Absolutely. My uniform at home has been my big fuzzy socks, jacket and blanket. I don't mind the thirsty so much because it makes it much easier to drink my 3-4 L of water each day :D

Ishbel
01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Good Morning IPeeps,

WOOT WOOT! Awesome rissimo! :yay:

Yuppers! These are definately my signs. And this -30C with a -40C windchill isn't help me ONE bit! Thankfully I have an installed butt warmer in my car...with "SUPER HEAT". Doesn't help when I have to walk outside to another building for a meeting though. Ugh!

2Poles1Girl
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm back from vacation and am paying a minor price for my indulgences. I'm puffy and my stomach is an OMG wreck!! But, I'll be back OP starting Thursday. While I'm not looking forward to the effects of getting back into ketosis, I'm definitely looking forward to feeling better. Bring it on IP!

TFBeller
01-17-2012, 10:19 AM
FINALLY back in ketosis! Been using ketostix since my cheat Sat night, was so happy this morning when I saw small ketones! Last 2 days felt like forever. NO MORE CHEATING!

meant2b
01-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Just stopping by for my daily check-in and dose of motivation! Great job on all the losses! :hug:

Pamelama
01-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Finally had one of those "cheating dreams" last night.. I ate (in my dream) a giant peanut butter, chocolate banana sandwich. I was so perplexed in my dream as to why I did that... I've never cheated before....I figured it would cost me 3-4 days to get back in Ketosis. Then I woke up! So happy it was a dream! :p

MaMaZu
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Finally had one of those "cheating dreams" last night.. I ate (in my dream) a giant peanut butter, chocolate banana sandwich. I was so perplexed in my dream as to why I did that... I've never cheated before....I figured it would cost me 3-4 days to get back in Ketosis. Then I woke up! So happy it was a dream! :p

Not sure if that's a dream or a nightmare! Hope your day goes well!

mamacitaof2
01-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Mamacita,
What scale did you get?

I don't remember the brand. I paid $30.00 for it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Here it is. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17656848&RN=444&. Aparently it has bad reviews, which you can't check in store, but for the price I'm hoping it does what I need!

salmongirl
01-17-2012, 11:03 AM

I am on day 5 and feel better too! Good luck, I know we can do this!

mamacitaof2
01-17-2012, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Lakewood;4175888]Good Morning all! I think I am back in ketosis - freezing and thirsty - those are the signs I look for. :carrot: Anyone else go through that when in ketosis?
QUOTE]

I am cold ALL the time. I have a space heater on at work, long sleeves and a sweatshirt almost every day. At home, I put on my sweats, my slippers, a blanket and sometimes have to sit in front of the heater!

salmongirl
01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
So I am on day 5 and feel better and love the program so far. I for a second this morning had the thought that this is an gigantic journey and I hope I can see it through. It really helps me to look ot everyones goals and know that they are making it work. A hundred pounds is such a large number that it is scary....I guess I will just put one foot in front of the other and see where it leads me. Keep posting your successes because they really do help motivate me.

binuc
01-17-2012, 11:11 AM
hi there from Montreal, new to IP WISH ME LUCK!!!

Pamelama
01-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Tried a great suggestion from another thread. I was getting sick of the omlettes so I made them like scrambled eggs. Had more of a real egg texture actually looked like scrambled eggs!

Good suggestion. I've got a ways to go and dont want to get burnt out. :)

4kiddos
01-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Tried a great suggestion from another thread. I was getting sick of the omlettes so I made them like scrambled eggs. Had more of a real egg texture actually looked like scrambled eggs!

I can't say enough how much BETTER the eggs were for me when I add the WF syrup. It tastes just like maple syrup to me and sooooo good! Check it out!

EmilySebetka
01-17-2012, 11:20 AM
My college classes started again. Yay. I'm hoping that I will end this semester a lot thinner than when i started. I just really need to get a job. Quick question though: my mom bought some "cheese" that is made from soy&veggies (no dairy) and it has 2.5g fat, but is 0s elsewhere. Do y'all think I should use it or not? i can't really decide.

Lakewood
01-17-2012, 11:22 AM
So I am on day 5 and feel better and love the program so far. I for a second this morning had the thought that this is an gigantic journey and I hope I can see it through. It really helps me to look ot everyones goals and know that they are making it work. A hundred pounds is such a large number that it is scary....I guess I will just put one foot in front of the other and see where it leads me. Keep posting your successes because they really do help motivate me.

Salmongirl - take a look at Wuv2beloved's journey! She's done AMAZING things with this program and you will, too. Do what she says and you won't go wrong. WELCOME! Jump in - it's a fantastic ride!

Chuckles1330
01-17-2012, 11:26 AM

I know how you feel, 100lbs is very daunting. I like the signature line of someone else on these threads (sorry I'm new and don't recall who it is) that says "I can't lose 130lbs, it's too hard. But I can lose 10lbs x# of times" - something to that effect.

It took time to put on the weight, it will take time to take it off, and I plan to celebrate every victory no matter how small. ;)

Question about ketosis - could one of the signs be serious night sweats? Like waking up dripping? I did have a problem staying warm yesterday evening, which is unusual for me, but last night was miserable.

Have a fantastic OP day, everyone, and welcome to all the newbies like me! :carrot:

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone...

WI#17 today and down 3 pounds. Onederland is getting close now. :carrot: My coach is also really happy because thanks to my strength training every other day, my body fat is now really starting to go down. Cardio didn't do anything for it, but the lifting weights really seems to be helping. Also I was really starting to feel flabby and old. Now I'm feeling much stronger, healthier and younger. It's a great feeling.

Have a good day!

LaLibE
01-17-2012, 11:29 AM

Welcome and GOOD LUCK!!!

ATeam
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
The victory was in completing the first week which is the most difficult but worth it.

Well it's official we had our first week 1 weigh in as a couple, I lost -9.4 and wife lost -4.0 for total of -13.4 pounds as A-Team :)

It's weird to say but it's going extremely well, just had the Wildberry Yogourt Drink Mix for the first time, mixed it with ice cubes and it's very good.

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 11:35 AM

WI#17 today and down 3 pounds. Onederland is getting close now. :carrot: My coach is also really happy because thanks to my strength training every other day, my body fat is now really starting to go down. Cardio didn't do anything for it, but the lifting weights really seems to be helping. Also I was really starting to feel flabby and old. Now I'm feeling much stronger, healthier and younger. It's a great feeling.

Have a good day!

Good job! So happy for you :) :carrot:

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Does anyone have suggestions for keeping myself un-hungry? Yesterday & today have been insane hunger wise. Tomorrow I'm going to add back in a restricted just to see if I can ease it off some, I'm pretty sure this is a sign of TOM [but due to PCOS, I never really know when it's coming......] so I'm trying to get through this week. It's not that i'm *craving* anything in particular, but that I could just eat anything & everything lol. I WON'T do it, but I just need something to stifle it.

Here's my sample menu just to show:
B: shake/1 cup veggies/water.
S: 1 cup veggies/1 piece of gum/water.
L: shake/1cup veggies/water.
S: 1 cup veggies/water.
D: 8oz protein & sometimes I will take 1 cup veggies from another spot. & lots of water.

I have 2 pieces of gum sometimes, but some days I don't. But I've had 1 already today :/ Lots of water and I'm still just nom nom nom! :(

sandralosingweight
01-17-2012, 11:51 AM

Good Luck! I am from Montreal too :)

leganegan
01-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't remember the brand. I paid $30.00 for it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Here it is. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17656848&RN=444&. Aparently it has bad reviews, which you can't check in store, but for the price I'm hoping it does what I need!

I got the same scale for Christmas :).
The weight seems correct, but my body fat said 39 which is obviously incorrect because it's been 22% since I got into maintenance. And when i began IP by body fat as 32...so that feature is inaccurate.

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I know what you mean, especially being 5'2" myself. When I put on jeans that are baggy in the behind I feel "skinny". Someone at work told me I was getting smaller in both directions...side to side and back to front. Talk about helping that skinny feeling.
Good luck to eveyrone staying OP today.

I hear you. I lost 2inches off of my butt today. That was almost as good as watching the scale go down, lol.
Good morning!!

Another 5'2er here. It looks like you, me and MustangMolly all have the same weight goal. Those skinnier days are great.

It's been in the 70's here in Austin this week, but last night I was freezing. I put on heavy fleece sweatshirt even though the thermostat said it was 72 in the house. I turned up the thermostat anyway. Then one of my kids comes out of their room and says, "Is it really warm in here or is it just me?" I told him to open a window in his room, lol.

I had about 130 to loose when I started in mid September. At the time I told myself I could do anything for a year, I made that commitment to myself. I know you can to, it's so worth it.

salmongirl
01-17-2012, 11:53 AM

Good luck Montreal! We can do this!!!:dizzy:

happy2bme1
01-17-2012, 11:54 AM

good morning, just wanted to say that you WILL get thru this and reach those important goals. Have a GREAT DAY. :hug:

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Does anyone have suggestions for keeping myself un-hungry? Yesterday & today have been insane hunger wise. Tomorrow I'm going to add back in a restricted just to see if I can ease it off some, I'm pretty sure this is a sign of TOM [but due to PCOS, I never really know when it's coming......] so I'm trying to get through this week. It's not that i'm *craving* anything in particular, but that I could just eat anything & everything lol. I WON'T do it, but I just need something to stifle it.

D: 8oz protein & sometimes I will take 1 cup veggies from another spot. & lots of water.

I have 2 pieces of gum sometimes, but some days I don't. But I've had 1 already today :/ Lots of water and I'm still just nom nom nom! :(
On days that I feel I need something more I will eat 3oz of my protein at lunch and 5 oz of the protein at dinner. That often helps me a lot. I also will snack on a pickle if I need something during the day.

FoolishHeart
01-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Hey all! Looks like we have lots of new IPeeps, welcome!

I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday emotionally, and went off plan in the evening. =( I hate that. But today is a new day. I won't be delayed any longer. I'm back on track this morning and making it count!

Taking my 5-year old ice skating today. We went once before and she LOVED it, so we're going back again. I'll bring a RTD shake with me this time though, as 2 hours on the ice is way more exercise than I'm used to! Last time I thought I was going to pass out after. LOL

Have a great OP day everybody!

Lakewood
01-17-2012, 12:02 PM

You are NOT alone! :D TOM is a KILLER! I want to eat things I don't even LIKE! But, I would suggest you add a big salad to lunch. I have a giant salad (all legal) for lunch and most days I am not even hungry for the shake/pudding so I save it for about 1.5 - 2 hrs later. Works well for me. Also, I drink hot tea. Drinking my water fast helps me feel full, too.

QUESTION: From most menu postings I have noticed most do not eat a salad with lunch and dinner. Isn't that part of the protocol? THANKS!

maykatcooper
01-17-2012, 12:04 PM

I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday emotionally, and went off plan in the evening. =( I hate that. But today is a new day. I won't be delayed any longer. I'm back on track this morning and making it count!

Taking my 5-year old ice skating today. We went once before and she LOVED it, so we're going back again. I'll bring a RTD shake with me this time though, as 2 hours on the ice is way more exercise than I'm used to! Last time I thought I was going to pass out after. LOL

I'm on that wagon with you! Yesterday evening my 6 mo old kitty swallowed my wedding and engagement rings... Suffice it to say I am no longer in ketosis. Long night on "potty watch" and finally went to bed at 5am. Well, about an hour ago ... Both rings are back on my finger and so the three days to ketosis begins again. Moral of story: never leave rings out in the open when cooking, put them in a cabinet or somewhere else safe. :?:

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
You are NOT alone! :D TOM is a KILLER! I want to eat things I don't even LIKE! But, I would suggest you add a big salad to lunch. I have a giant salad (all legal) for lunch and most days I am not even hungry for the shake/pudding so I save it for about 1.5 - 2 hrs later. Works well for me. Also, I drink hot tea. Drinking my water fast helps me feel full, too.

QUESTION: From most menu postings I have noticed most do not eat a salad with lunch and dinner. Isn't that part of the protocol? THANKS!

Thanks for the suggestion, I may try that. It's *suggested* to keep you regular for the salad part, but it's not a HAVE TO [as far as i've been told & read] so I choose not to instead of being miserable eating it lol.

Sometimes I will eat one, I just can't stand one every single night ya know?

nikkib
01-17-2012, 12:09 PM

I find that gum makes it so much worse. I will have a baby dill pickle or 2 if I get real hungry. Hot (decaf) green tea also works great. Any hot decaf tea for that matter. It is amazing what 1 baby dill pickle and a cup of hot tea will do for a angry tummy :)

Debbie64
01-17-2012, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=Lakewood;4175888]Good Morning all! I think I am back in ketosis - freezing and thirsty - those are the signs I look for. :carrot: Anyone else go through that when in ketosis?
QUOTE]

I am cold ALL the time. I have a space heater on at work, long sleeves and a sweatshirt almost every day. At home, I put on my sweats, my slippers, a blanket and sometimes have to sit in front of the heater!

Being cold is something that I have dealt with since ketosis. Of course hubby loves it cuz "hot flashes" have gone away!!!!!!!

Thirsty you can fix by taking more salt! I know sounds silly but that is the key. I just take half the required salt and put in about 6 oz of water in the morning and again at night. That way I am sure that I get the minimum, and any additional I get is a bonus. The thirst will decrease and it will for sure keep the headaches away.

Ducksmy
01-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Good Afternoon everyone!
Tonight is my meeting with my coach! Can't wait to start this and get on with my life. As each day gets closer, I have moments of I can't do this and then like oh yea I can! Wish me luck!

Linden
01-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Does anyone have suggestions for keeping myself un-hungry? Yesterday & today have been insane hunger wise. Tomorrow I'm going to add back in a restricted just to see if I can ease it off some, I'm pretty sure th

D: 8oz protein & sometimes I will take 1 cup veggies from another spot. & lots of water.(

Are you really only having two non meat/fish servings or did you just forget to add it at the end. If it's only 2, you need three. And I'd recommend having it before bed or several hours after dinner -- to get you through the night. THEN you won't start out so protein deprived in the morning and less hungry the rest of the day.

Survalia
01-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I had a HORRIBLE day yesterday emotionally, and went off plan in the evening.

Wow, me too! That emotional eating is EVIL! I was not hungry, I did not want that stupid cookie, but I was stressed and upset, and before I knew it I was scarfing it down. Fortunately, it tasted AWFUL and almost immediately upset my stomach, so I did not go back for a second one. I continue to be surprised at the things I am learning about myself on this plan. I figure it will all be valuable when I get to Maintenance.

RE: The veggie cheese, I use it once in a while, and I think Wuv does, too. Up to you, but maybe not too often??

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Take it ONE day, ONE meal and ONE pound at a time. Take it in small numbers, but remember its NUMBERS, go by how you feel and the way your clothes fit! don't get stuck on that number on the scale, yes its great to see it go down but judge more by your clothes and the way you feel. When all is said and done I will have loss 188lbs NEVER in a million years when I started this would I have said I want to lose 188lbs. I just went for a rounded number of 250lbs because that is what I weighed 25 yrs ago. Only 19lbs left to go to reach that goal, then I am going for another 50lbs. I haven't weighed 200lbs since I was in the 8th grade I think and I am 45yrs old. I will be the size my mom was when she started the alternative plan she know weighs 150. She is too skinny to me but that is where she feels comfortable, I just want to be comfortable. If I like the way I look before hitting 200lbs then I will stop. I have a bigger frame than my mom so if my collar bones start to stick out a lot then I will stop if not I will keep going :)

Good luck and welcome!!

My college classes started again. Yay. I'm hoping that I will end this semester a lot thinner than when i started. I just really need to get a job. Quick question though: my mom bought some "cheese" that is made from soy&veggies (no dairy) and it has 2.5g fat, but is 0s elsewhere. Do y'all think I should use it or not? i can't really decide.
Sounds like Veggie cheese to me so YUP, you can have it :)

I know how you feel, 100lbs is very daunting. I like the signature line of someone else on these threads (sorry I'm new and don't recall who it is) that says "I can't lose 130lbs, it's too hard. But I can lose 10lbs x# of times" - something to that effect.

It took time to put on the weight, it will take time to take it off, and I plan to celebrate every victory no matter how small. ;)

Question about ketosis - could one of the signs be serious night sweats? Like waking up dripping? I did have a problem staying warm yesterday evening, which is unusual for me, but last night was miserable.

Have a fantastic OP day, everyone, and welcome to all the newbies like me! :carrot:
There are 2 of you that made comments about losing 100lbs so I am not going to rewrite it so just read what I posted above (i am being lazy)...lol....You can do it and stick to it. Yes, I think the night sweats could have something to do with Ketosis, I had them and they did go away :)

The victory was in completing the first week which is the most difficult but worth it.

Well it's official we had our first week 1 weigh in as a couple, I lost -9.4 and wife lost -4.0 for total of -13.4 pounds as A-Team :)

It's weird to say but it's going extremely well, just had the Wildberry Yogourt Drink Mix for the first time, mixed it with ice cubes and it's very good.
Last night I had the Vanilla drink and added the WF strawberry syrup.....WOOHOO!!!!!....yummy yummy!

Good morning everyone, it was a late night for me but I am alive and kicking this morning. Work had a delay coming in and didn't come in until after midnight so I didn't get to bed until almost 2am. Woke up with a headache this morning but I think that is just because I didn't get enough rest. I just had my first cup of coffee so it should go away in a minute. A-Team congrats on that loss this week, y'all are doing great. Good job to the rest of the WI's that have been posted so far today and Good luck to those that still have to WI. Don't forget to post your losses on the Valentine Day Challenge.

4kiddos
01-17-2012, 12:24 PM
I would be interested to know some of the "creative" ways you all have used the MIO. I found it at our local grocery store. So know I am trying to figure out what flavors I want.

3mama
01-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I've been researching ideal protein for a bit and have been super inspired and motivated by all of you! I am doing it through a local hospital and have my orientation meeting tonight. Then I have to meet with a dr before I can get started so it will still be a bit. I can't wait to finally feel like I have control over my weight and diet.

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Are you really only having two non meat/fish servings or did you just forget to add it at the end. If it's only 2, you need three. And I'd recommend having it before bed or several hours after dinner -- to get you through the night. THEN you won't start out so protein deprived in the morning and less hungry the rest of the day.

Sorry about that, I'm pretty la la la today lol. No, I do have another shake after dinner. Forgot to add that ;)

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 12:29 PM
I would be interested to know some of the "creative" ways you all have used the MIO. I found it at our local grocery store. So know I am trying to figure out what flavors I want.

ALL OF THEM...hahaha...I even brought home the little black tray off of the shelf to keep on my cabinet so they stay organized. I put the Orange in my vanilla drink/pudding....taste like a orange sherbert! Also did it with the berry pom, taste like grape. The green thunder taste like a monster drink. Black cherry in the chocolate drink taste like chocolate covered cherries!! I am not too much on the fruit punch, Don't really like fruit punch to begin with. Peach tea and sweet tea are both good as well. You can also use them for hot drinks, instead of using herbal teas! :) experiment with them, they are very versatile and I have not mixed anything that I didn't like :)

Chuckles1330
01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Can someone please explain what MiO is, and where it can be found?
Thanks! :)

sandralosingweight
01-17-2012, 12:34 PM

It is a flavour to add to your water and it is 0 calorie, 0 carb and 0 fat.

As to where to find it, no clue! I am Canadian and we don't have it in Canada.

wuv2bloved
I've been researching ideal protein for a bit and have been super inspired and motivated by all of you! I am doing it through a local hospital and have my orientation meeting tonight. Then I have to meet with a dr before I can get started so it will still be a bit. I can't wait to finally feel like I have control over my weight and diet.
A suggestion for you would be to start cutting back your carbs and sugars now so that when you do start the programs 100% your detox will be much easier than if you wouldn't. Detoxing is the worse part of the program, once you get past that its a piece of "cake" :)

Linden
Sorry about that, I'm pretty la la la today lol. No, I do have another shake after dinner. Forgot to add that ;)

Whew! I kept re-reading your post thinking I couldn't read because nobody else had asked.

Dana's suggestion about having some meat, in addition to the protein, at lunch is good. I'd go a step further. If you're really hungry have more protein, whenever. Try to make sure you get at least 100 grams a day if you aren't right now.

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM

Wal mart carries it, its near the Kool-aid section sometimes you can find it with the water as well. Any local grocery store should carry it also, its kind of new to some area's so it may not be in your local grocery store yet

Chuckles1330
01-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks! I'll look for it the next time I shop.
:)

happy2bme1
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM

Good luck. this is one diet that you will be successful on if you want to. stick to it and you will see great benefits. make this thread part of your diet and you will keep to the plan. we are all here for you. :hug:

mamacitaof2
01-17-2012, 12:58 PM
I got the same scale for Christmas :).
The weight seems correct, but my body fat said 39 which is obviously incorrect because it's been 22% since I got into maintenance. And when i began IP by body fat as 32...so that feature is inaccurate.

My understanding is that your body fat is not the same as you BMI.

ATeam
01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
It's been in the 70's here in Austin this week, but last night I was freezing. I put on heavy fleece sweatshirt even though the thermostat said it was 72 in the house. I turned up the thermostat anyway.

wow that's tropical weather from where I am, we keep it at 66 and 64 during the night. Have the wood fireplace going good now :)

happy2bme1
01-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Have a good day!

how long have you been doing the strength training?

purple sky
01-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Yayyy, ATeam. We are also doing it as a couple. I believe together we are down like 30 lbs. We started almost 3 weeks ago. We know losses will be slower down the line but it makes our collective goal look less daunting. As a couple you may want to mix products. Like, we mixed the peach mango mix (one of our favorites) with vanilla pudding and enjoyed that. Also, on weekends, we split eggs with something else. You can do this on your own also. Since it counts as 2 packets, just save the other half of product for later.

There are upsides to doing it as a couple. All our packets are together and so we try different things. But, the downside is that when one is tired or grumpy, the other can't always pick up the slack.

Danni1
01-17-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm on that wagon with you! Yesterday evening my 6 mo old kitty swallowed my wedding and engagement rings... Suffice it to say I am no longer in ketosis. Long night on "potty watch" and finally went to bed at 5am. Well, about an hour ago ... Both rings are back on my finger and so the three days to ketosis begins again. Moral of story: never leave rings out in the open when cooking, put them in a cabinet or somewhere else safe. :?:

My mouth just dropped open when I read this. I've always been worried that the cats would play with my rings and lose them, but I never thought about them eating them. I'm so glad it turned out okay, rings seem like a pretty large meal for such a young cat! Wishing you a better day today!

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Whew! I kept re-reading your post thinking I couldn't read because nobody else had asked.

Dana's suggestion about having some meat, in addition to the protein, at lunch is good. I'd go a step further. If you're really hungry have more protein, whenever. Try to make sure you get at least 100 grams a day if you aren't right now.

Sorry ;) haha. Thanks for keeping me in line though :hug:!

I've been getting over 100 every day since I switched protein powders, but I think it's just a me thing this week lol. I've been eating like I always have, but i'm thinking it's just one of those weeks and just one of those TOM moments lol. Hoping it will pass soon! :D

northernfawn
01-17-2012, 01:27 PM

what a great idea! I didn't like the plain omelette, but the herb one was OK this morning. Think I might try this with the other plain packet I have left...

ATeam
01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
There are upsides to doing it as a couple. All our packets are together and so we try different things. But, the downside is that when one is tired or grumpy, the other can't always pick up the slack.

Let me tell you that it's much easier as a couple, you don't have to watch the other eat *carbs* and we both encourage the other.

happy2bme1
01-17-2012, 01:34 PM

that is so funny (well not to you having to wait all night for kiddy to do it's thing) but it's funny to know that cats will eat rings. glad you got them back and as you know ketosis is on it's way. you can help it along by taking a little vinegar in water. it taste terrible to me but it has done the trick in the past. good luck.

rbtemplet
01-17-2012, 01:34 PM

I have about the same to lose as you...actually our weights and goals are very similar. I weighed 290lbs about 3 years ago and through working out and diet I got down to the 250's, but then I got lazy with the diet part of it and got back up to 270-ish. When I started IP in Oct 2011 I weighed 268. I have lost 38 lbs to date. I had a horrible time at Christmas and New Years, but I'm back on track now. Wuv is right...you have to take it one day at a time. You can't look at the whole amount. Break it up into 20-25 lb increments and you will be amazed at how quickly you will be at your final goal!! Best wishes on your journey!! :hug:

Way to go!! Those are awesome numbers!! :cp::cp:

It's in the past...leave it there!! You are correct...today is a new day!! Good luck and enjoy the day with your daughter!! :hug:

:eek: Glad to hear you've retrieved your rings...hopefully your kitty is feeling ok as well!! I had a cat once that used to take my necklaces and chew them up and leave them all over my house so I got in the habit pretty quickly of picking up my jewelry where they cannot find it! LOL!!

Good afternoon everyone!! It's been a while since I've posted. I've been busy and kinda down on myself after my horrible holiday "diet"! I gained six pounds back of the 38 I had lost and I was emotionally devastated. I didn't really want to cheat going into Christmas, but I just let it get the better of me and went off-plan for two days. Added to TOM, the result at my WI after Christmas was +6 lbs. I have since lost it all, but it has been really hard for me to deal with. I just feel like I have let myself down. I had alot of difficulty getting my motivation back. Hopefully it's returned now! I started the "Couch to 5K" program this morning with hopes of running/jogging/walking in a charity 5K in late March. I added a 4th packet to my daily intake and I'm hoping that it will help my hunger issues as well as keep me from losing too much muscle. I had been very hungry-feeling since getting back OP.
Anyway, best of luck to everyone with WI's today and congrats to all with losses this week!! And to anyone who may be struggling...I feel ya! Keep your head up! You got this!! :)

purple sky
01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
So, it looks like chills are normal on this diet. I was beginning to wonder. Sometimes I am just so cold and then it passes.

But, are muscle aches normal? A few days ago I started to feel muscle. I know that sounds odd but old me, even at a smaller size, never really felt muscle. I could flex my right arm but really I did not feel it. I also now feel it in my legs but yesterday my upper arms started hurting as if I had worked out. It's odd. Are they working out on their own without my knowing? It can't be all this typing.

Trinique125
01-17-2012, 01:44 PM

Have a good day!

great job Dana, I miss working out myself but know if if I do cardio I won't lose.

SewingMomma
01-17-2012, 01:46 PM

That sounds like something I would do! You have a great plan to stay OP, though!

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 01:54 PM

Good suggestion Linden. There have been days I go over my protein limit because I just really feel like I need it. I figure if I'm going to overdo something then protein would be the best choice.

how long have you been doing the strength training?

Just more seriously for the past couple of weeks. I was walking on the tread mill, but I ended up loosing too much lean muscle and the fat percentage wasn't changing much. I don't want to end up being a skinny weakling with lots of flab at the end of the diet. Now I strength train for less than an hour about three times per week. I always make sure I have some protein before and after I work out. My body fat is finally moving down and I feel so much better, stronger. I know this sounds strange, but now I feel like my skin is starting to have something to hold on to (muscles) vs. just fat.

Renewing Myself
01-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I am on day 6 and have been doing very well, the scale shows I am down already about 5 + pounds. I have not had any cheats and really besides a couple of brief moments of "wanting that cookie" I haven't had the desire to cheat. I am struggling with the 4 cups of veggies and have to work on figuring that out. I am not a huge salad lover so will have to figure out what veggies to eat and spread them through the day (already had cucumber spears at snack time). Also feeling very cold (and it is cold here) so cold veggies is not appealing.

Will check in again on Thursday when I have my first weigh in. I can't wait!!

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 01:58 PM
great job Dana, I miss working out myself but know if if I do cardio I won't lose.

Thanks Trinique, cardio didn't work for me either. I felt good walking, but it did nothing for me on the scale or my lean muscle/body fat ratio. Strength training seems to be my answer.

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 02:12 PM
1 week down, more to go = HERE TO STAY :D
I got this and YOU ALL have this too!
Keep your head in the game :)

sandralosingweight
01-17-2012, 02:20 PM
That sounds like something I would do! You have a great plan to stay OP, though!

hehe! I managed!

On my lunch break went to my mom's appartment which is so close to where I work and found I had some Slim Down bars and since I did not have a restricted for breakfast today, I ate that for my lunch, also found some green frozen beans which I wouldn't have had them if there was anything else since I know they are restricted to twice a week, but my mom's fridge is empty since she is abroad for now and it will remain empty until she comes back.

Then I went to the mall and bought the Muscle Milk Light shake which was kind of expensive comparing to what I have been buying lately and comparing to how tight is the money now, but I had to buy it to save my day, so I did and I am so glad I did.

Now I can continue my day in a normal way.

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
hehe! I managed!

On my lunch break went to my mom's appartment which is so close to where I work and found I had some Slim Down bars and since I did not have a restricted for breakfast today, I ate that for my lunch, also found some green frozen beans which I wouldn't have had them if there was anything else since I know they are restricted to twice a week, but my mom's fridge is empty since she is abroad for now and it will remain empty until she comes back.

Then I went to the mall and bought the Muscle Milk Light shake which was kind of expensive comparing to what I have been buying lately and comparing to how tight is the money now, but I had to buy it to save my day, so I did and I am so glad I did.

Now I can continue my day in a normal way.

proud of you :) :)

mamacitaof2
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
So, it looks like chills are normal on this diet. I was beginning to wonder. Sometimes I am just so cold and then it passes.

But, are muscle aches normal? A few days ago I started to feel muscle. I know that sounds odd but old me, even at a smaller size, never really felt muscle. I could flex my right arm but really I did not feel it. I also now feel it in my legs but yesterday my upper arms started hurting as if I had worked out. It's odd. Are they working out on their own without my knowing? It can't be all this typing.

I had muscle aches on the back of my thighs in the second/third week. It was only for a day or two and it went away.

ShellyT
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM
I did the same at first since I have 60 lbs to lose, but the first pounds off was o so sweet! I come here everyday for that motivation, since we have such a great encouraging, supportive group going through the same. You can do it!

newfie girl
01-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I have just started IP and this is my second day and oh by this is tough. I tip my hat to each one of you. I love this form and I find it keeps me positive. I do have one question, does anyone ever have the puddings for their lunch. I really hate the soups.

Lakewood
01-17-2012, 02:48 PM
I have just started IP and this is my second day and oh by this is tough. I tip my hat to each one of you. I love this form and I find it keeps me positive. I do have one question, does anyone ever have the puddings for their lunch. I really hate the soups.

WELCOME! It gets easier - PROMISE! Drink lots of water, eat your veggies and follow the program to a T and you will come out on the other side feeling great!

I have pudding almost everyday for lunch. Right now I am having a Pina Colada and boy is it yummy! You don't have to have 'lunch' items at lunch. I tried and tried the soups all different ways - ICK! :barf: Here's a smaple menu:

B: Cappucino
S: Cucumber
L: Pudding/drink salad/veggies
D: 8 oz meat, veggies
S: Pudding or Jello or Drink

segosia
01-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Hello Elissa,

I read about your struggles coming back OP! Good luck and YES, you said it: we CAN do it :) :hug:

UUUUUUUhhhhh! I can't believe what a There is a nutrition place not far from where I work called GNC and they sell RTD protein shakes, I will go there and buy two, one for my lunch and one for my 3 pm snack, then once I arrive home, I will eat the prepared salad and then will prepare my supper as usually.

Hi, you were on the real OP and then switched to alternate. Are you getting the same success?

heliosmommy
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Just finished my first week and am so excited. 10 lbs lost! Certainly it was not easy the first few days, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Today I get to take my father to see the bariatric surgeon whom he is begging for a gastric bypass even though he is too large to have one safely. Talk about inspiration to hang in there.

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Just finished my first week and am so excited. 10 lbs lost! Certainly it was not easy the first few days, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Today I get to take my father to see the bariatric surgeon whom he is begging for a gastric bypass even though he is too large to have one safely. Talk about inspiration to hang in there.

Proud of you! way to go! :D

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 02:55 PM
COUPONS!

I know this is "off topic" but if anyone has any coupons that they do not want or will not use, could you please either comment me here or PM me! I'm interested in any & all coupons :) Thank you!

purple sky
01-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I had muscle aches on the back of my thighs in the second/third week. It was only for a day or two and it went away.

Good to know. Thank you. It was just so odd. I thought I was getting lean already. :lol:

Linden
01-17-2012, 03:25 PM
S

But, are muscle aches normal?

This could be a potassium deficiency. If you aren't tracking what you eat, you might consider doing that for a week to see if you're getting about 4,700 mg a day. And don't forget the omega 3s either, OK? ;)

Funny what you said about the typing. Don't we wish?!

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 03:29 PM

The first 3 to 4 days are really hard, but then the 5th or 6th day you will wake up in the morning and feel SO much better. Just keep on hanging in there and once you are into ketosis life gets much better. I only like the chicken soup, but yes you can have pudding at any meal, well other than dinner of course. Welcome to IP.

sandralosingweight
01-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi, you were on the real OP and then switched to alternate. Are you getting the same success?

Hello,

Yes, I am getting the same exact success. My non-success is related to me taking a break over the holiday period. I also once took a small break when I thought I was pregnant. But once I am doing the program 100% I always lose weight, one week I even lost 9.5 pounds. So, it is not the IP products that makes you lose the weight, it is the protocol itself. When I try to explain to my friends what I am doing I always say, it is like taking Advil the brand name or taking Ibuprofene.

Having said that, before switching to alternatives since my budget was so tight, I did lots and LOTS of searching and reading, I saved the IP sheets, the supplement sheets, the nutritional value sheet and every sheet I could find in here, and I never went shopping without taking the sheet with me so I can compare.

Everything I buy is so close to the nutritional value of IP.

MustangMolly
01-17-2012, 03:31 PM

Why is it that the cardio stops the weight loss? I understand that our body goes into starvation mode because of the low calories we consume, but I have added an additional package when I work out.. 1/2 before and 1/2 after and I make sure to keep my heart rate in the 65% range but anytime I add exercise my weight loss stalls. I do the 30 minute Curves workout which combines strength and cardio. I really want to add exercise back because I had been doing Curves for a year prior to starting IP.

heliosmommy
01-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Congrats! That's great.:D

Linden
01-17-2012, 03:38 PM
you can help it along by taking a little vinegar in water.

Actually, I did this today because I LIKE it; and have done it for years, just when I feel like it, though, not for health or dietary reasons. 2 oz cider vinegar and 10-12 ounces of cold water plus, if I'm light on sodium for the day, a little sea salt. I honestly can't think of a more refreshing drink. (Yeah, yeah, weird by some people's standards. That's never been a big issue for me. :D)

mrsmurphy
01-17-2012, 03:45 PM
hey everyone. Just checking in... good day today :) One week three. Feeling good and still as motivated as I was on day one!

nsv today, my clothes are becoming looser and looser. It is a great feeling!

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Yes you can, you can also make your pudding into shakes by adding 8-10oz of water instead then add some ice cubes to it :)

Has your dad ever considered what you are doing or does he not have the willpower to do it? I have a friend that had the sleeve done and I am losing faster than she is :)

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-17-2012, 03:58 PM

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/

That will give you an idea of what to look for and even has a tab for where to buy it. Good luck!

MustangMolly
01-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Does decaf tea count toward my water?

grassfedbeef
01-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Had WI today and down another 3. That has been very consistent for me throughout the journey! I'll take it! Feeling really good and hit 67 1/2 pounds today! Woo hoo!

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Yup, sure does :)

Had WI today and down another 3. That has been very consistent for me throughout the journey! I'll take it! Feeling really good and hit 67 1/2 pounds today! Woo hoo!

Congrats on the WI......67 1/2lbs since Dec???

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Why is it that the cardio stops the weight loss? I understand that our body goes into starvation mode because of the low calories we consume, but I have added an additional package when I work out.. 1/2 before and 1/2 after and I make sure to keep my heart rate in the 65% range but anytime I add exercise my weight loss stalls. I do the 30 minute Curves workout which combines strength and cardio. I really want to add exercise back because I had been doing Curves for a year prior to starting IP.

Someone who is more knowledgeable than me please correct me if I'm wrong. Cardio exercise promotes the production of enzymes that boost oxygen consumption, which increases your calorie burn. Strength training, on the other hand, helps build and maintain muscle tissue. So the bottom line is our weight stalls on cardio because it's the body's way of holding on to the already small amount of calories we are getting each day. Strength training doesn't burn as many calories as it's more about maintaining/building muscle. As a result we continue to loose on IP and strength training will shape your body which is really what you want as the scale numbers go down and the skin gets looser.

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM

Yes, as long as it's decaf.

ATeam
01-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I do have one question, does anyone ever have the puddings for their lunch. I really hate the soups.

I though the puddings were a snack.

newfie girl
01-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks Lakewood, Dana and Wvu. I hope I can get into ketosis soon, I was so hungry last night I had a extra rtd drink shake. I have a willpower but I just couldn't handle be hungry like that.

I think all the information all you people share is amazing!

BACKDROPsilhouette
01-17-2012, 04:38 PM
I may have to break diet until I get better ); my fever has been yo-yo-ing between 101 and 103 all day. Nothing seems to be breaking the fever and it's been almost a full day. My muscles are starting to get weak and I have a horrible cough with fluid coming up.

purple sky
01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I may have to break diet until I get better ); my fever has been yo-yo-ing between 101 and 103 all day. Nothing seems to be breaking the fever and it's been almost a full day. My muscles are starting to get weak and I have a horrible cough with fluid coming up.

That does not sound good. Take care of yourself. Your health is the most important thing.

MustangMolly
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM

You can always restart once you are well again. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

newfie girl
01-17-2012, 04:55 PM
I looked through the information sheet and I didn't see pudding was restrictive so I assumed it was okay to have.

newfie girl
01-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Another question to do think having a third Ip pack is okay when I am hungry? even if I already had a bar.

Sorry for all the silly questions, I am a little confused and super hungry :(

purple sky
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
This could be a potassium deficiency. If you aren't tracking what you eat, you might consider doing that for a week to see if you're getting about 4,700 mg a day. And don't forget the omega 3s either, OK? ;)

Funny what you said about the typing. Don't we wish?!

Thank you. I track what I eat in that journal they gave us but other than the prescribed supplements (and I missed a few last week) I don't know how much potassium I am taking in. I see my coach tomorrow. Will also ask about EFA's. I know they are good for me but have I am allergic to seafood and was not sure if I could take them. DH signed me up for Daily Burn Tracker. I may have to upgrade to be able to see my potassium intake. Thank you, very much.

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 04:59 PM

You can eat ANY packet ANYTIME. There isn't a specific breakfast, lunch or snack packet. As long as you eat 3 packets of day that is all that matters. IF your coach allows you to have one restricted packet I suggest eating it for breakfast or lunch because it has the most carbs and calories which gives you all day to burn off. You should be having 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted a day :)

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Another question to do think having a third Ip pack is okay when I am hungry? even if I already had a bar.

Do you have Facebook? if so add Southern 3FC group. Its a group I created to be able to get quick answers. There are several of us on there through out the day or you can add me Lisa Campisi Corner. (this goes for anyone who would like to join on FB).You should be having 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted a day BUT yes, if you are starving and veggies won't do it having another packet is better than having you cheat.

Linden
01-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Thank you. I track what I eat in that journal they gave us but other than the prescribed supplements (and I missed a few last week) I don't know how much potassium I am taking in. I see my coach tomorrow. Will also ask about EFA's. I know they are good for me but have I am allergic to seafood and was not sure if I could take them. DH signed me up for Daily Burn Tracker. I may have to upgrade to be able to see my potassium intake. Thank you, very much.

Don't upgrade. Go here. It's free and it is the best nutrient tracker I've seen. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but boy is it easy and efficient: Chronometer.com. If you have a reaction to fish oil, you can use flaxseed. But you might also want to try krill oil. I'm sensitive to shrimp and have no problem with it, except it's more expensive. But simple research suggests it's better. And for the rest of you, forget you read that. Think about the whales and what they eat. Let's not over-fish krill.

purple sky
01-17-2012, 05:04 PM

You can have up to 4 packets a day. I brought this up with my coach because sometimes I am too hungry and get a little shakey. She suggested the drink followed by water. The reason was that the drink will get the protein in your system more quickly and the water helps it along. I believe others sometimes eat some of their allotted vegetables as a snack.

Puddings are fine. Not restricted. Have them anytime. When I first started I had them for breakfast.

It is sooooooooooooo confusing when you first start. I was like, what...when...if...hunh?

purple sky
01-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Don't upgrade. Go here. It's free and it is the best nutrient tracker I've seen. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but boy is it easy and efficient: Chronometer.com. If you have a reaction to fish oil, you can use flaxseed. But you might also want to try krill oil. I'm sensitive to shrimp and have no problem with it, except it's more expensive. But simple research suggests it's better. And for the rest of you, forget you read that. Think about the whales and what they eat. Let's not over-fish krill.

Free...I like free. Thanx. Dr. Mercola is always mentioning Krill Oil. I will look into all your suggestions and keep some benadryl nearby. Thanx.

Okay, I just looked up flaxseed oil. No carbs. But, it's in the seeds.

Lakewood
01-17-2012, 05:19 PM
So, I have been using the Crystal Light On the Go Lemonade since the start (Sept 2011) and I just looked at the ingredients - it has aspartame. :( It's so stinkin good! Has anyone else used it and not had a problem? It does not spike my blood sugar - I test.

newfie girl
01-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi Lisa I just added you to Facebook cause I couldn't find that group

SewingMomma
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
I looked through the information sheet and I didn't see pudding was restrictive so I assumed it was okay to have.

You can eat it whenever you want to --breakfast, lunch, or for your snack. I have a restricted for breakfast (a bar) and either an RTD shake or a pudding for my snack. It just depends one what I feel like.

tenniels
01-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Today is my 8th day OP and this is my first post. Have to start somewhere! I am down about 6 pounds since starting so I guess that's good. It feels like forever even though its only been a week. I'm really worried that the weight is for some reason going to stop coming off and I'm going to fail. I guess that's because I'm used to not going anywhere when I say I'm going to lose weight. I can't wait to eat fruit again. And yogurt too. I'm not having cravings so much as longing thoughts for "normal" foods. Hope everyone is doing well today! I go to kickboxing twice a week, but when I went last week I threw up, so I'm thinking of sitting this week out until my body starts burning fats more efficiently. Anyone have any exercise advice while doing Ideal Protein?

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
hey everyone. Just checking in... good day today :) One week three. Feeling good and still as motivated as I was on day one!

nsv today, my clothes are becoming looser and looser. It is a great feeling!
You're doing great. I remember when you were just trying to get through though first few days. Here you are already at three weeks.

You are going to be really hungry till you get into ketosis. My coach
recommends having an extra packet per day the first week to help with the hunger if you need it.

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Today is my 8th day OP and this is my first post. Have to start somewhere! I am down about 6 pounds since starting so I guess that's good. It feels like forever even though its only been a week. I'm really worried that the weight is for some reason going to stop coming off and I'm going to fail. I guess that's because I'm used to not going anywhere when I say I'm going to lose weight. I can't wait to eat fruit again. And yogurt too. I'm not having cravings so much as longing thoughts for "normal" foods. Hope everyone is doing well today! I go to kickboxing twice a week, but when I went last week I threw up, so I'm thinking of sitting this week out until my body starts burning fats more efficiently. Anyone have any exercise advice while doing Ideal Protein?
First off, welcome to the board. Second, do not exercise your first three weeks on the plan. Your body really needs to adjust, so I'd sit out kickboxing for another two weeks. We were just talking about exercise a few pages back. Many of us on IP find doing cardio will slow down or stall your weight loss due to the small amount of calories we are already consuming. Your body won't let itself starve. I personally have found strength training is burning my body fat much better and doesn't stall my weight because there is much less calories being burned. Whatever you decide, make sure when you do go back to exercising that you have some protein before and right after you work out. Also don't work out for more than an hour and not a strenuous workout at all, which I know kickboxing can be.

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
So, I have been using the Crystal Light On the Go Lemonade since the start (Sept 2011) and I just looked at the ingredients - it has aspartame. :( It's so stinkin good! Has anyone else used it and not had a problem? It does not spike my blood sugar - I test.
Have you still been losing while drinking it? if so then I would say don't stop maybe just don't have it ALL the time but a few glasses a day wouldn't hurt. Some people have issues with aspartame others don't. I myself drink it every now and then, I actually just found a Mojotio one last night while shopping so I will be trying that one :)

Hi Lisa I just added you to Facebook cause I couldn't find that group
I got you :)

IF you follow the protocol the weight will come off BUT YOU CAN'T CHEAT!! if you have the mindset of failing you will do so. Start the program with an open mind and open to experimenting. Don't long for "real" food it will be there when you are done. Longing for it will make you want it more. Change your way of thinking about food. Kickboxing would be a little too much for you right now. You are only getting 800-900 cals a day, definitely add a 4th packet if you do any type of exercise like that. I also suggest you read the thread about exercise, it has lots of information you should know

tenniels
01-17-2012, 05:59 PM
First off, welcome to the board. Second, do not exercise your first three weeks on the plan. Your body really needs to adjust, so I'd sit out kickboxing for another two weeks. We were just talking about exercise a few pages back. Many of us on IP find doing cardio will slow down or stall your weight loss due to the small amount of calories we are already consuming. Your body won't let itself starve. I personally have found strength training is burning my body fat much better and doesn't stall my weight because there is much less calories being burned. Whatever you decide, make sure when you do go back to exercising that you have some protein before and right after you work out. Also don't work out for more than an hour and not a strenuous workout at all, which I know kickboxing can be.

Thank you for the advice, I'm still learning about how to fit IP into my life and what other changes I need to make!

tenniels
01-17-2012, 06:06 PM
IF you follow the protocol the weight will come off BUT YOU CAN'T CHEAT!! if you have the mindset of failing you will do so. Start the program with an open mind and open to experimenting. Don't long for "real" food it will be there when you are done. Longing for it will make you want it more. Change your way of thinking about food. Kickboxing would be a little too much for you right now. You are only getting 800-900 cals a day, definitely add a 4th packet if you do any type of exercise like that. I also suggest you read the thread about exercise, it has lots of information you should know [/QUOTE]

I have not cheated. I have been using Ketostix to prove to myself ketosis is occurring in my body, which has also been encouraging for me. I'm trying to be optimistic, but successful weightloss is foreign to me. So I would say I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm happy that I'm thinking of healthy foods rather than thinking of fast food and desserts. I'll try to find the exercise posts. Forgive me, I am new and haven't had a chance to work through all the threads.

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 06:37 PM
I have not cheated. I have been using Ketostix to prove to myself ketosis is occurring in my body, which has also been encouraging for me. I'm trying to be optimistic, but successful weightloss is foreign to me. So I would say I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm happy that I'm thinking of healthy foods rather than thinking of fast food and desserts. I'll try to find the exercise posts. Forgive me, I am new and haven't had a chance to work through all the threads.

No need to ask for forgiveness, its all a learning process and if we can provide you with information we like doing so. If you are following th SHEET then you should be in ketosis in 3-5 days. I have been on the program for 37weeks as of tomorrow and have NEVER tested myself to see if I was in Ketosis, I just follow the sheet and let it do its magic:)

Magicpinecone
01-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Good Evening! I'm having an I feel skinny day. I love how this diet has targeted my belly fat. It's a good day to have it as it is my oldest daughter's birthday and she insisted we had to have a cake. I tried to convince her we should have a cake fast until I was through dieting. I was only kidding with her and her reaction was one of great horror. So, today she and her siblings feasted on cake, soda and ice cream and I was alright just watching. Not once did I feel tempted to cheat.

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Good Evening! I'm having an I feel skinny day. I love how this diet has targeted my belly fat. It's a good day to have it as it is my oldest daughter's birthday and she insisted we had to have a cake. I tried to convince her we should have a cake fast until I was through dieting. I was only kidding with her and her reaction was one of great horror. So, today she and her siblings feasted on cake, soda and ice cream and I was alright just watching. Not once did I feel tempted to cheat.

Congrats on the "skinny" day!! but most of all congrats on not being tempted!

4kiddos
01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
I really wanted to put this on the daily thread. I think this is a great nutritional sheet posted on another thread by NavyMommy. If you look it over you will see the carb count, fiber, etc and for me it will be more helpful in making decisions for the week if I have had a smaller loss. I printed it off and put on my fridge.

4kiddos
01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Sorry it helps if I actually post the link.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachments/ideal-protein-diet/41321d1326807860-week-4-ip-didnt-lose-single-lb-nutritional-fact-sheet.pdf

Icathinme
01-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Second day down...WOOT! I felt a lot better today! Slight headache, but I wasn't nearly as hungry, and I haven't felt nauseous at all today! I got all of my water in before 2 pm, so I'm having a big glass of mio now! (i know it's allowed, but I like to think of it as a treat if I'm a good girl!) I had to go into the office today, so I packed my little bag of food and ate in the cafe with my friends. One of them was eating chicken fried rice (MEANIE!) and instead of wishing how I could have some, I started thinking how I could make something similar that is IP friendly! I missed my call from my coach, so I hope she calls back. I have questions. I did spend about 30 minutes today defending myself for choosing this diet, but after hearing all the negative comments and defending myself, I felt even more confident about the success I am going to see. I started a blog when I started the program. What are the rules for posting links?

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Second day down...WOOT! I felt a lot better today! Slight headache, but I wasn't nearly as hungry, and I haven't felt nauseous at all today! I got all of my water in before 2 pm, so I'm having a big glass of mio now! (i know it's allowed, but I like to think of it as a treat if I'm a good girl!) I had to go into the office today, so I packed my little bag of food and ate in the cafe with my friends. One of them was eating chicken fried rice (MEANIE!) and instead of wishing how I could have some, I started thinking how I could make something similar that is IP friendly! I missed my call from my coach, so I hope she calls back. I have questions. I did spend about 30 minutes today defending myself for choosing this diet, but after hearing all the negative comments and defending myself, I felt even more confident about the success I am going to see. I started a blog when I started the program. What are the rules for posting links?

If its for your blog you can post it :)

Icathinme
01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
If its for your blog you can post it :)

Horray! Check me out! I even have brutally honest pictures.

http://good-byefatty.blogspot.com/

4kiddos
01-17-2012, 07:45 PM

People like to tell me how awful this diet is for my health too. I have to chuckle when I think of how I used to eat. Because I know that wasn't healthy for me! So personally I have decided to not tell people I am on IP rather I tell them that I had some issues at my last check up (Cholesterol, BP, etc ~ Which wasn't a lie) and I am having a more restricted food intake to improve my overall health. Then they are like oh ok. Otherwise, I have to hear the "you know you'll just gain it all back when you eat normal again". Yeah, whatever!

Icathinme
01-17-2012, 07:48 PM
People like to tell me how awful this diet is for my health too. I have to chuckle when I think of how I used to eat. Because I know that wasn't healthy for me! So personally I have decided to not tell people I am on IP rather I tell them that I had some issues at my last check up (Cholesterol, BP, etc ~ Which wasn't a lie) and I am having a more restricted food intake to improve my overall health. Then they are like oh ok. Otherwise, I have to hear the "you know you'll just gain it all back when you eat normal again". Yeah, whatever!

Too bad we can't all just make our own little village and stay there until we are done...then emerge skinny and sexy! Darn naysayers anyhow.

Jonis
01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi all, new to this support group. Started IP 9 days ago and all is well. Haven't cheated at all. Went through three days of headaches and fatigue but now am waking up easier and have more energy throughout day. It's awesome. I began at 204 and now am at 200. When will I enter ketosis? I don't have smelly breath or urine so I'm not sure if I've entered it yet. Also, IP info sheets say soy sauce is ok but has carbs...Another thing, should I weigh my meat before it's cooked or after?
Thanks
Joni

Jag23
01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Yesterday was my 2d WI.....down 4 lbs and I think she said 12% fat. I am remaining focused and feeling great. Even working night shifts I am staying OP.....Everyone here is keeping me motivated and I love reading yor messages.....Way To Go everyone!

Mom3LoveBugs
01-17-2012, 08:07 PM
can anyone tell me how to bake cabbage?

I've never done it before... I always fried it!

mrsmurphy
01-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Where did you mom get this cheese? i'd like to try it :)

mrsmurphy
01-17-2012, 08:14 PM

Some people have said the same thing to me. But i dont think I will gain it back... my friends mom did adkins, which i know is different then this, but everyone said you gain it back after adkins and she never did. She lost 100 and something pounds and she is still 130 pounds years later. i mean i think it depends on the person. Yeah, if i go back to pizza for breakfast, a 12 inch hoagie for lunch and a giant plate of rigatoni and meatballs for dinner everyday then YES I WILL be almost 300 pounds again. This diet is doing more for me than just helping me lose weight, it's teaching me to eat in moderation and not BULK.

Nonbelievers irritate me!! lol

SomedayBubblySomeday
01-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi Everybody,

I'm happy to read everyone's posts and I checked out your blog, Icathinme--your writing is very honest and you are totally ready to do this! I had a small loss this week, but it's a loss and came with another 1/2 inch off my chest, which is great. My non restricted week was pretty much a bust, and the drink I had over the weekend didn't do anything positive in the weight loss category, either. So, this week, I will add some restricted bars back in and see how it goes.
I tried WF marinara last night, and although the color is a little scary (really red), it was a decent substitute! I am excited to use it in meatloaf and maybe even some spanish rice. I got the miracle rice and noodles yesterday, but didn't try them yet. I found shiritaki noodles in my store today and got some of the fettucine size and made chicken pad thai! Very interesting. The fishy smell went away after a good rinse and I used my new DaVinci peanut syrup to give the sauce sweetness and a hint of peanut flavor. I'm so happy bean sprouts are on the list. It turned out pretty well for my first attempt and I will definitely try it again. Lots of NSV's in my closet today, so I am not going to be disappointed with my loss this week.
Congratulations to everyone who stayed OP, to those struggling--hang in there, and welcome to all of the new people!

Beanie Mommy
01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Where did you mom get this cheese? i'd like to try it :)

Stay away from the Veggie Cheese... Coach won't allow it. It's 40 extra calories per slice, and since it has fat you're only going to sabotage your efforts.
Good news, though - that same company makes a Parmesan topping that's okay 1 tsp every so often per my coach. Like after you've been good and OP for a few days.

Just think about how awesome real cheese will taste when you can have it again. I prefer staying OP until I'm in maintenance. I'll get there faster without the "little cheats".

Keep up the good work all!

lkp888
01-17-2012, 08:33 PM

When people give me the going over about this diet, I ask them "How do you eat?" do you junk food, processed food, what do you put in your body, because what i'm putting in my body is alot healthier than what your putting in yours and i'm doing this for "ME" and not for "YOU". Doesn't matter what you do everyone has their opinion and really when it comes down to it, it's our opinion that really matters and I think that we have choose the "LAST DIET" to be on. :)

Also if you look on the recipe threads there is a recipe for Fried Rice using cauliflower I believe, if not I have one that I can send you.

lkp888
01-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Welcome to all the newbie's and to all the loser's and NSV's!!! Had my WI today, down another 4lbs. and I'm finally in the 180's and I'm close to half way to my goal weight. It's just been over 3 months since i've been on IP, I love this diet and I love this forum!! All of you are such a huge inspiration!! Have a great week everyone!! and Stay OP and "DON'T CHEAT"

lkp888
01-17-2012, 08:42 PM

I roasted some last night with some other veggies, I tossed it with some EVOO and some seasonings at 350 F for about 30 mins. I really enjoyed it, brings out the flavor, especially with a mix of veggies. Hope that helps a little. Good Luck!! :)

TFBeller
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Too bad we can't all just make our own little village and stay there until we are done...then emerge skinny and sexy! Darn naysayers anyhow.
That would make life with IP so much easier :)

mtnsun4
01-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Hello all! Congrats to everyone's losses today. I had a great day of feeling good. This is my 5th day on IP and I have good energy, not as hungry, and that ketosis sweet taste in my mouth. I am hoping for a good loss on Thursday night! :) I wish I could get on this board more but my job is pretty demanding. Just a shout out to everyone! Have a good night!

grassfedbeef
01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks Wuv. I have actually been on the program since 9/12, but didn't find and join this group until December. So, I have lost 67 1/2 pounds in 4 months.

SewingMomma
01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Welcome to all the newbie's and to all the loser's and NSV's!!! Had my WI today, down another 4lbs. and I'm finally in the 180's and I'm close to half way to my goal weight. It's just been over 3 months since i've been on IP, I love this diet and I love this forum!! All of you are such a huge inspiration!! Have a great week everyone!! and Stay OP and "DON'T CHEAT"

Great job! You'll be at goal before you know it!

licaba
01-17-2012, 10:10 PM
hey everyone... I am at day 12 today. Things have been going well up till now. Today I had a craving for mashed potato, which is totally weird because i have never been a big potato lover. Also, I haven't cheated but I feel like I have because I have had supper late the past 2 nights. I work 12 hr shifts and it gets so difficult sometimes to eat supper before 8 pm. A typical work day for me is coffee at 7, breakfast at 9 or 10 (crispy cereal & a coffee) lunch at 12 or 1 (salad and a IP crunchy something, today was the white cheddar thingys), coffee at 3, then a snack at 4 (IP drink usually). Supper when I get home usually by 7:30 (protein and my veggies) but sometimes I don't get home until 8:15 and hadn't had anything since my drink at 4. Tonight I felt so hungry when I left work, I stopped at the grocery and bought a rotisserie chicken (ate white meat didn't measure but estimate between 6-8 oz) and a salad. It was 8:30 when I got up from the table. I don't know how I can change this but do u think this could potentially hinder my weight loss?

Thanks for any input, I appreciate you all.

EmilySebetka
01-17-2012, 10:21 PM

If I could only eat the chocolate and vanilla puddings, I would. I love them! The soups, to me, are best as seasoning, for mashed "potatoes" and omelets. Sometimes the soups are better if you add something to them. If I add a cup of broccoli to the broccoli and cheese soup, the real broccoli tastes like it has a cheese sauce on it. However, you will eventually find "normal" food gross.

If only eating pudding helps you stay OP, then do it. Just don't forget the veggies!

starry1672
01-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Today was day 10 for me and I have to tell you, I feel FANTASTIC! It's like someone flipped a switch...excited for WI #2 on Thursday :)

Gardengurl71
01-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Hello everyone :) I had WI#3...down 3.8....total of 13.6 in 3 weeks. I m happy and at the same time impatient!!! Lol...somebody tell me to relax and enjoy the process instead of rushing it!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day OP !!!!

omgzitsmiranda
01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Hello everyone :) I had WI#3...down 3.8....total of 13.6 in 3 weeks. I m happy and at the same time impatient!!! Lol...somebody tell me to relax and enjoy the process instead of rushing it!!!!

I would say you're doing amazing! :carrot:

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 11:17 PM

I'm dealing with the same thing here as it's my son's birthday on Thursday. I already decided to just buy a cupcake for him and one for my husband. They have this very delicious cupcake stand here in Austin called Hey Cupcake. I figure with a cupcake he will still have a cake and candle, and there won't be any leftovers in the house. I also told him he could pick what restaurant he wanted to go to for his birthday dinner as long as it's someplace his sister (she's on IP too) and I can eat at. ;)

Horray! Check me out! I even have brutally honest pictures.

http://good-byefatty.blogspot.com/

Great blog. Thanks for sharing and you sound VERY ready to do this plan.

hey everyone... I am at day 12 today. Things have been going well up till now. Today I had a craving for mashed potato, which is totally weird because i have never been a big potato lover. Also, I haven't cheated but I feel like I have because I have had supper late the past 2 nights. I work 12 hr shifts and it gets so difficult sometimes to eat supper before 8 pm. A typical work day for me is coffee at 7, breakfast at 9 or 10 (crispy cereal & a coffee) lunch at 12 or 1 (salad and a IP crunchy something, today was the white cheddar thingys), coffee at 3, then a snack at 4 (IP drink usually). Supper when I get home usually by 7:30 (protein and my veggies) but sometimes I don't get home until 8:15 and hadn't had anything since my drink at 4. Tonight I felt so hungry when I left work, I stopped at the grocery and bought a rotisserie chicken (ate white meat didn't measure but estimate between 6-8 oz) and a salad. It was 8:30 when I got up from the table. I don't know how I can change this but do u think this could potentially hinder my weight loss?

Thanks for any input, I appreciate you all.

Don't worry about what time you eat as long as you have some protein about every 4 hours or so you are just fine.

ShellyT
01-17-2012, 11:24 PM
WOW! Only three months! Congrats to you! Gives me lots of hope that this is a good diet!awesome!

DanafromAustin
01-17-2012, 11:25 PM

Relax and enjoy the process! This plan really becomes second nature and the time does seem to go by faster. I've been on this plan now for just 4 months, and I can't believe how fast the time has gone bye already. It all just becomes such a way of life. However I do know the impatient part will be hitting me soon as I'm getting closer to onederland now, so these next 10 pounds might feel like they are taking forever.

grassfedbeef
01-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I made the "oops" chocolate lava cakes that were posted this weekend! What a delicious mistake that was! Thanks for the tip!

Lakewood
01-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Hi all, new to this support group. Started IP 9 days ago and all is well. Haven't cheated at all. Went through three days of headaches and fatigue but now am waking up easier and have more energy throughout day. It's awesome. I began at 204 and now am at 200. When will I enter ketosis? I don't have smelly breath or urine so I'm not sure if I've entered it yet. Also, IP info sheets say soy sauce is ok but has carbs...Another thing, should I weigh my meat before it's cooked or after?
Thanks
Joni

Hi Joni - Welcome! You should be in ketosis already. I didn't have bad/funny breath. Everyone is different. I get really thirsty and I'm cold all the time when in ketosis - so are a lot of others.
You don't really need to weigh your meat - eyeball it. A palm size piece should do just fine.

Momto2cs
01-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Everyone should do what they feel comfortable with, but I have exercised 5-6 days a week throughout my ip experience.
Last year I lost 20 pounds in just over a month doing a mix of cardio and weights-mainly as high intensity bootcamp style workouts.

I did not find that exercise hindered my loss, but I had ben a very regular exerciser well before ip.

I do think it may be slowing my loss now, but I am close to my goal and those last pounds are really tough!

lkp888
01-18-2012, 12:02 AM
I made the "oops" chocolate lava cakes that were posted this weekend! What a delicious mistake that was! Thanks for the tip!

I made them tonight as well, are they delicious! I drizzled some WF chocolate syrup on top of them as well..mmm yummy!!

lindac36
01-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Weigh in number 2 today. Lost 6.5 inches and 6.5 pounds! Like the daily double. I'm in this for the long run...Thanks to all of you for being here every day with me. I don't think I would be able to do this without you.

lindac36
01-18-2012, 12:20 AM

Relax, breathe, take a break to pat yourself on the back. As the Chinese fortune cookie says: Be patient; in time, even an egg will walk.

Pamelama
01-18-2012, 12:23 AM

I made the most amazing braised cabbage tonight!! It's a make ahead dish, but soooo tasty!

Cut up a cabbage in about 8 wedges. Preheat oven to 325. Spray casserole pan. Lay cabbage in pan if it's too crowded, take some slices out. Drizzle 2 tsp oil over cabbage, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes. Then slowly flip, add 1/4 cup water if needed. Cover, put back in oven another 30-45 minutes. It will be really soft and browned.

lindac36
01-18-2012, 12:29 AM
I made the most amazing braised cabbage tonight!! It's a make ahead dish, but soooo tasty!

Cut up a cabbage in about 8 wedges. Preheat oven to 325. Spray casserole pan. Lay cabbage in pan if it's too crowded, take some slices out. Drizzle 2 tsp oil over cabbage, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes. Then slowly flip, add 1/4 cup water if needed. Cover, put back in oven another 30-45 minutes. It will be really soft and browned.

I am going to try that. I love cooked cabbage, but I've been unsure how to do it, until now.

Junetwin11
01-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Hi Joni - Welcome! You should be in ketosis already. I didn't have bad/funny breath. Everyone is different. I get really thirsty and I'm cold all the time when in ketosis - so are a lot of others.
You don't really need to weigh your meat - eyeball it. A palm size piece should do just fine.

I was really cold, freezing, as well while in Ketosis. My coach said to take vitamin B. It did help to warm me up :)

tenniels
01-18-2012, 12:41 AM

This is exactly how I tend to feel! I know weight doesn't get put on overnight and you certainly won't lose it overnight, but I'm a little impatient none the less. It's always nice knowing someone is feeling the same way I am!

lindac36
01-18-2012, 12:41 AM
About MIO, I just put it in my water (not too creative). The black cherry and the green monster are "energy". The black cherry is really good to me. Also, I have the orange, pomegranate berry and fruit punch. So, far, they have all been a nice occasional change up from plan water.

lindac36
01-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Do you have Facebook? if so add Southern 3FC group. Its a group I created to be able to get quick answers. There are several of us on there through out the day or you can add me Lisa Campisi Corner. (this goes for anyone who would like to join on FB).You should be having 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted a day BUT yes, if you are starving and veggies won't do it having another packet is better than having you cheat.

I have facebook, but, not really savvy on it. How do you add a group?

tenniels
01-18-2012, 01:08 AM
I am not finding anything specific on this... But what do you all do to keep "regular"? I have slow digestion/sluggish bowels at the best of times, and this definitely isn't the best of times (just finishing day 8 OP). I have taken some ExLax but that just gives me the runs without relieving that backed up feeling. I'm sorry if that is too much information, but I don't think there is any way around saying it like it is :(

wuv2bloved
01-18-2012, 01:45 AM
I have facebook, but, not really savvy on it. How do you add a group?

Do a search for it then add it

lindac36
01-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Do a search for it then add it

So simple, I learn new things here every day! Sent a request-thanks

wuv2bloved
01-18-2012, 01:52 AM
So simple, I learn new things here every day! Sent a request-thanks

LOL...I added you :)

PBNJENNISANDWICH
01-18-2012, 05:49 AM
This is exactly how I tend to feel! I know weight doesn't get put on overnight and you certainly won't lose it overnight, but I'm a little impatient none the less. It's always nice knowing someone is feeling the same way I am!

I have this problem too! Getting started is exciting and I live in an instant gratification world. I know I'm making progress but I'm so excited to do before and after photos and be all done.