Ideal Protein Diet - Week 5 and changing things up

View Full Version : Week 5 and changing things up

Maggie1980
01-16-2012, 10:37 PM
So i decided to change my meals this week. This is what i was eating each day...
Breakfast-crispy cereal or herb omelet
Lunch-one of the soups
Snack-protein bar

I cant eat the omelets anymore...make me feel like ralfing!! Lol so this week i chose...
Breakfast-protein bar
Lunch-rasberry jello or chocolate pudding
Snack-protein bar or soy balls

I also eat the 2 cups veggies with lunch and dinner. I was just talking about ip foods.

Thought on this?

:dizzy:

Momto2cs
01-16-2012, 10:40 PM
I would miss my soup at lunch.
My clinic does not count jello as a packet, so I would stick to puddings...

If you don't have te soup you may need to up your salt intake!

Maggie1980
01-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks!!!! Ill talk to my coach and see about it. Hey so i put my weight that i lost on my sig and its still only saying 11lbs loss...how do i fix this? Do u know?

infoplease
01-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Your old menu:
Lunch-one of the soups
Snack-protein bar (restricted)
So you were eating one restricted per day.

Your new menu:
Breakfast-protein bar (restricted)
Snack-protein bar (restricted) or soy balls (restricted)
Your change up includes TWO restricted per day

You are fine having a protein bar for breakfast, but you will need to select a non-restricted for the snack.

I understand getting sick of the omelette & the soups (or them making you sick!). Can you handle any of the drinks as a snack? Or maybe use one of the recipes to make muffins from a pudding?

Those would be my thoughts.

Maggie1980
01-16-2012, 10:51 PM
My coach never said anything i picked was restricted....i dont get it!!

infoplease
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Wow.
Some of the foods are higher in carbs and are "restricted" to once a day. A few are much higher and are limited to two times per week.

I attached a file that shows them.

It is likely 2 restricteds a day would throw you out of ketosis, but everyone is different.

Do you buy by the box or by the packet?

Definitely something to ask your coach. Others on the board have noted that sometimes their coaches have not paid close enough attention to what they were purchasing.

Maggie1980
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
Just figured out sig thing...but very confused about restriced foods still..lol

Maggie1980
01-16-2012, 11:12 PM
I didnt see any attachment?

Maggie1980
01-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok got the attachment! I wish i wouldve seen that before the diet! Well i guess well see what this meal plan does for me! Hopefully some weight loss!!! :-/

infoplease
01-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Well, when I purchase food, the restricted items are marked *R on the selection sheet, much like the items on this sheet in green.

"Restricted" is just IP slang for IP foods you can only have up to once per day on Phase 1.

infoplease
01-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Sorry about that last post.
I hit reply instead of delete.
My coach will sometimes say "Try it and see what happens".
I hope you update if it increased your losses (or made you hungrier).

JellyMae87
01-17-2012, 12:14 AM
So i decided to change my meals this week. This is what i was eating each day...
Lunch-one of the soups
Snack-protein bar

I cant eat the omelets anymore...make me feel like ralfing!! Lol so this week i chose...
Breakfast-protein bar

I also eat the 2 cups veggies with lunch and dinner. I was just talking about ip foods.

Thought on this?

You are chosing 2 restricteds. Why don't you get one of the drinks and add more water... I know Wuv did 2 restricteds when she first started. But only because she didn't know the "rules"

wuv2bloved
01-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Ok got the attachment! I wish i wouldve seen that before the diet! Well i guess well see what this meal plan does for me! Hopefully some weight loss!!! :-/

Jelly is right, for the first 2 weeks I didn't know the "rules" and at 2 restricted a day and still loss 9.8lbs my first week then 6.2lbs my second! So there is no need to worry. When you buy your food next week only get one restricted for each day:)

frazzledmom04
01-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Lunch-one of the soups
Snack-protein bar

Breakfast-protein bar

Thought on this?

I couldn't eat the omelettes anymore either. Had a hard time finishing one and then someone suggested making them like scrambled eggs and I was pleasantly surprised that it really changed the taste of them up to close to actual eggs. maybe give that a try and see how they are for you.

4kiddos
01-17-2012, 11:07 AM
I couldn't eat the omelettes anymore either. Had a hard time finishing one and then someone suggested making them like scrambled eggs and I was pleasantly surprised that it really changed the taste of them up to close to actual eggs. maybe give that a try and see how they are for you.

I completely agree. I got to the point of choking down the omelets (both plain and herb & cheese) BUT then I found the WF syrup and it was heaven!!!! So good and made them taste so much better. Just a thought if you want to stick with the omelets.

binuc
01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
hi there new to ip, good luck to all.

Maggie1980
01-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Thank sooo much for the advice!! Im going to stick with this plan and ill let ya know my results on Monday!! :)

Maggie1980
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Ok peeps..Well having the 2 restricted foods each day hurt me! I gained 1lb! This week my meals will be Breakfast-crispy cereal. Lunch-rasberry jello. Snack-either apple cinnamon soy puffs or protein bar

I pray I lose 5lbs by Monday! It will be my last weigh in before Mexico and want to lose 20lbs total! Wish me luck!!

wuv2bloved
01-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Ok peeps..Well having the 2 restricted foods each day hurt me! I gained 1lb! This week my meals will be Breakfast-crispy cereal. Lunch-rasberry jello. Snack-either apple cinnamon soy puffs or protein bar

I pray I lose 5lbs by Monday! It will be my last weigh in before Mexico and want to lose 20lbs total! Wish me luck!!

I suggest eating your restricted for lunch instead of your snack. It has the most protein and the most calories, having it early gives you all day to burn it off :)

Maggie1980
01-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the tip!!