Ideal Protein Diet - Share Your Daily Food Journal!

View Full Version : Share Your Daily Food Journal!

JULIGAL21
01-16-2012, 09:38 PM
So I am just TODAY getting started back on IP... I lost 20 pounds on it last fall, then some family crises knocked me off track... I was just now able to find the motivation again and am super excited!! Anyway, I find that the food journals help me a lot since they hold me accountable.. but I think they would help me even MORE if I made my food diary public. So, starting today, at the end of the day I will share everything I ate/drank - whether I stayed OP or not. Hoping others will want to join this thread too and we can share our food diaries with each other!

Today I believe I stayed OP!
Drank way more than the required water

Breakfast: Cappuccino shake (by itself) and later a cup of coffee
Lunch: Strawberry Yogurt shake, 2 cups spinach with oil/vinegar
Dinner: 2 eggs; 2 cups of baked turnips tossed in oil sprinkled with salt
Evening: Blueberry shake, as we speak :)

If I goofed anywhere please let me know! But I think I stayed OP today, and feel good so far. Ready for tomorrow. :wave:

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 10:05 PM
I feel like I ate a ton compared to you! For breakfast, I had the chocolate drink in the microwave...hot chocolate! I also had coffee. Lunch I had a good salad with oil and vinegar, some green peppers, celery, and cucumbers with an IP soy patty. Supper was chicken breast, salad, broccoli, cucumbers and green peppers. Snack is dill pickle zippers. BTW...are the restricted items a no-no in phase 1? My mom swears her coach told her she couldn't have them until phase 2!

wuv2bloved
01-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I feel like I ate a ton compared to you! For breakfast, I had the chocolate drink in the microwave...hot chocolate! I also had coffee. Lunch I had a good salad with oil and vinegar, some green peppers, celery, and cucumbers with an IP soy patty. Supper was chicken breast, salad, broccoli, cucumbers and green peppers. Snack is dill pickle zippers. BTW...are the restricted items a no-no in phase 1? My mom swears her coach told her she couldn't have them until phase 2!

Restricted ARE ALLOWED IN PHASE ONE!!

JULIGAL21
01-16-2012, 10:10 PM
your menu today sounds yummier than mine, I have just learned that I'm lazy!!!! So I think instead of chopping a bunch of veggies I will eat spinach for most of my veggies. Today the only thing I chopped was spinach. We'll see how long til I get bored of spinach tho ;) The restricted items are only not allowed during your first two weeks. After that - game on! I've noticed some coaches tell people stuff that is actually stricter than the IP Protocol - maybe their personal opinions or experience leads them to do that, but I tend to stick to the protocol. Each coach seems to have their own little twist to the diet but sticking to the protocol works!

Icathinme
01-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Ugh...I already feel frustrated with all the different opinions! My coach said my 1 restricted item per day is absolutely fine. I'm doing the "online" version, so I'm afraid of mixing something up!

JULIGAL21
01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
I hear ya, it can be really confusing at first... when I first started I had copies of the protocol everywhere and was constantly double checking it - I had one at my desk, one in my purse, one in my car, one on the fridge... and that worked really well for me! After just a few weeks I had no more confusion and could confidently plan out my days without constantly checking my paperwork. Stick with it, don't worry about looking stuff up frequently - you'll be a pro in no time! :)

wuv2bloved
01-16-2012, 10:20 PM

Ugh...I already feel frustrated with all the different opinions! My coach said my 1 restricted item per day is absolutely fine. I'm doing the "online" version, so I'm afraid of mixing something up!

You are perfectly FINE with the restricted...I promise...no worries

Mom3LoveBugs
01-16-2012, 10:23 PM
today I had...

Breakfast: RTD premier nutrition chocolate shake + 32 ozs water
Lunch: 1 cup cucumber, 1 cup celery, 3 ozs chicken
Snack: Pure Protein Peanut Butter Bar
Dinner: 5 ozs salmon, 2 cups of roassted broccoli/asparagus/mushrooms with olive oil
Evening: Protidiet Chocolate Pudding

Momto2cs
01-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I had
Butterscotch pudding heated with one cup of spice tea
Chicken soup w 1 c cauliflower, romaine salad with 1c cucumber
Vanilla pudding
Chili with approx 8 oz x lean found beef and 2 cups mixed veggies (included tomatoes so I did not have a restricted item)

I also had 1 egg and 1 white as I did a 60 minute high intensity work out tonight (my coach recommends an extra packet or equivalent)

mompattie
01-16-2012, 10:57 PM
A typical day for me is:

B: RTD shake or ProtiDiet hot choc. mixed with coffee (mmm mocha!)
L: Romaine lettuce salad (I make up a few days worth and add: chopped celery, chopped green peppers, cucs, raw spinach, a few handfuls of "broccoli slaw"), and a Pure Evil, er I mean Pure Protein Peanut Butter Bar
D: Roast chicken breast, asparagus grilled with EVOO and sea salt
Sn: Hot chocolate or an IP Pina Colada drink or a ProtiDiet or IP pudding

Junetwin11
01-17-2012, 12:17 AM
My Ph 1 menu is:
B: Snack or bar
Mid morning: Van pudding/shake
L: salad veggies, omlette
D:Meat, salad, sometimes tofu stiry fry
Snack: Vanilla pudding

I'm a vanilla girl, not chocolate (gives me headaches). I always had 4 IP a day, in ph 1 because i walk alot (my job). I'm looking into vegetarian menus and treats. I can make veggie treats to use as my restricted. Going into ph 3 now :)

NavyMommy
01-17-2012, 08:08 AM
I'll play :) But I eat the same thing every day (well aside from my veggies, I really need to go shopping!!), so I'm not super exciting :(

B: Coffee w/1 Splenda and a dash of EAS RTD for creamer
Cappuccino

L: Bar w/ 2c. sliced green peppers spritzed with EVOO and salt

D: 2 eggs scrambled with a couple egg whites, 2c. cooked broccoli

S: Jello

MustangMolly
01-17-2012, 08:42 AM
B: Crispy rice cereal with a bit of Berry pomegranate Mio, decaf coffee with sugar free Torani syrup, sometimes kahula sometimes cinnamon vanilla
s: 1 cup celery
L: Chicken soup, 1 cup celery
s: zesty dill pickles
S: usually chicken and angel hair cabbage, somtimes beef and mashed cauliflower
s: cappucino

Traceym
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
B: black coffee, zesty herb omelet
L: 1 cup spinach, lettuce, 2tbs WF honey Dijon , 1cup cauliflower, broccoli cheddar soup.
D: shrimp scampi over 1cup spinach & 1cup cucumbers
S: chocolate chip cookie

Magicpinecone
01-17-2012, 07:01 PM
B: Cappuccino
L: Salad (Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion), chocolate soy puffs
D: grilled Tuna, Cauliflower, Green Salad
S: RTD Chocolate drink

JULIGAL21
01-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Woohoo! OP all day again today, and feeling good. Was tempted a couple of times today, but firmly reminded myself that I would have to post my food journal online tonight, and that motivation helped! So here it is:

Breakfast: Capuccino shake
Lunch: Yogurt shake and 2 cups baked turnips
Dinner: 7 oz ham, salad, 1 cup onions, 1 cup celery
Snack: will have 1 blueberry shake :)

mommarae
01-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Yesterday I was sick so I had no Ideal Protein foods. and 3 oz tuna and 2 oz beef with bean sprouts.
B: This morning i turned my crispy cereal into yummy pancakes with walden farms blueberry syrup.
L: For Lunch i plan to have cucmbers,onions, alfalfa salad
D: for dinner i will have steak stir fry with mashed cauliflower!~yum.

omgzitsmiranda
01-18-2012, 09:19 AM
This has been mine for the last week & a half:
B: chocolate shake.
S: 1 cup veggies.
L: chocolate shake & 1 cup veggies.
S: 1 cup veggies.
L: 1 cup veggies & 8oz protein [I mix & match]
S: chocolate shake.

I'm boring, I know lol. Sometimes I will have a pickle in there or a couple boiled egg whites :) I'm going to be adding in restricteds again once my order gets here :D

JULIGAL21
01-18-2012, 08:53 PM
B: This morning i turned my crispy cereal into yummy pancakes with walden farms blueberry syrup.

Is the WF syrup any good? I've only found a few things of theirs that I like, but plan to trying again after being OP longer. Thinking my taste might change!

JULIGAL21
01-18-2012, 09:02 PM
OP again today! I am boring too lol at least for my IP meals. I'm trying different things for dinner, though!

B: capuccino shake and a up of coffee (the usual!)
L: Yogurt shake and spinach salad (the usual!)
D: Got creative! 2 eggs cooked inside rings of bell peppers. Diced up the remaining bell pepper and tossed it into a lettuce salad. Then had some shelled edamame with sea salt - it was all DELICIOUS!!! And my whole family ate it including my food snob husband! This is definitely becoming a regular thing around here. I LOVED the frozen shelled edamame I got at Sprouts, so glad I bought like 6 bags. I will be eating this for my veggie all the time :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabfrugalfood/6205095149/

4kiddos
01-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Is the WF syrup any good? I've only found a few things of theirs that I like, but plan to trying again after being OP longer. Thinking my taste might change!

I love, love, love the WF maple syrup. Tastes just like the real thing to me. I put it on my omelets (Plain and Herb) and waffles made from pudding along with pancakes!

Tmg1989
01-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Hi. I am pretty basic, mix it up a bit but it works as I lost another 5lbs at WI 8!

Up by 6am start drinking water and by breakfast end have 33 oz
B: Mango RTD bottle, coffee black
L: Chocolate RTD box, lettuce with cucumber, olive oil-apple cider vinegar-garlic and salt
D: 8 oz filet mignon (omaha steaks), spinanch, broccoli
S: Chocolate RTD or Jello

JULIGAL21
01-19-2012, 09:38 PM
L: Chocolate RTD box, lettuce with cucumber, olive oil-apple cider vinegar-garlic and salt

I am basic too! But I love that dressing you threw together, I will have to try that :) I am starting at the same weight as you so I'm encouraged to see your results!! And yes I was OP today :) Today was day 4 and was a very hungry day! But I missed my night-time snack last night - won't do that again!

B: Capuccino shake and a cup of coffee
L: Yogurt shake, lettuce with bell peppers, onions and cilantro
D: turkey pepperoni (yum!) and edamame.
S: will have a blueberry shake :)

JULIGAL21
01-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Another great OP day, had some temptations but avoided them!Woohoo!

B: Capuccino shake, coffee
L: Yogurt shake, 2 cups edamame
D: 6 oz canadian bacon, 2 cups baked turnip chips
(thanks so much to whoever posted the secret to baking veggies and making crispy chips!) http://www.helium.com/items/1447708-how-to-make-vegetable-chips
S: Blueberry "muffins" (also saw this recipe on the daily thread today. It's made with an IP shake, an egg white, baking powder and WF syrup. Nice change! Just missing some butter!)

zzsmom
01-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Woohoo! OP all day again today, and feeling good. Was tempted a couple of times today, but firmly reminded myself that I would have to post my food journal online tonight, and that motivation helped! So here it is:

Breakfast: Capuccino shake
Lunch: Yogurt shake and 2 cups baked turnips
Dinner: 7 oz ham, salad, 1 cup onions, 1 cup celery
Snack: will have 1 blueberry shake :)

Is Blueberry shake creamy?

Tmg1989
01-21-2012, 08:00 AM
I am basic too! But I love that dressing you threw together, I will have to try that :) I am starting at the same weight as you so I'm encouraged to see your results!! And yes I was OP today :) Today was day 4 and was a very hungry day! But I missed my night-time snack last night - won't do that again!

B: Capuccino shake and a cup of coffee
L: Yogurt shake, lettuce with bell peppers, onions and cilantro
D: turkey pepperoni (yum!) and edamame.
S: will have a blueberry shake :)

Hi! Add a half teaspoon on ground mustard to the dressing and it is really good. Just be careful of sugar in the mustard!

JULIGAL21
01-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Is Blueberry shake creamy?

Yep! I like it because of the little bits of "blueberry" in it. The strawberry one is the same :)

JULIGAL21
01-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Whew! Well today wasn't ideal, but I think I did ok. Today Seaworld had a private event for the girl scouts, and we had a BLAST! But they provided the food. There were rather limited choices and you were not allowed to bring any food into the park at all, and we ate breakfast and lunch there. So here is my journal for the day:
B: Scrambled egg and a sausage patty (looking over my day I should have foregone the sausage patty)
L: 2 small burger patties and some sliced pickles (it was that or hot dogs, I thought the beef would be better)
D: at home - capuccino shake, 2 cups edamame
S: yogurt shake

Overall I don't think it was too bad, considering my limitations - but like I said after looking at it all on paper I think I should have skipped the sausage patty. That would have been best. I sure got a lot of exercise walking around for 9 hours though! Hope everyone had a fun saturday :)

zzsmom
01-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Yep! I like it because of the little bits of "blueberry" in it. The strawberry one is the same :)

Thank you! I will try it!

JULIGAL21
01-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Well I am wrapping up a relatively lazy day spent recovering from Seaworld yesterday... a pleasant enough day except I just found a crewel needle the hard way while sitting down to type this out! Well better my palm then my little girl's! This morning I actually SLEPT IN and by the time I woke up I was starving so I basically missed breakfast and went straight to lunch.

L: Yogurt Shake, 2 cups spinach with oil and vinegar
D: 1 egg, turkey pepperoni. (So yum - I always feel like I'm cheating when I have the turkey pepperoni) 2 more cups spinach with WF dressing
S: Blueberry Shake

First WI tomorrow! I have had a few wacky schedules and events this first week but I have managed to stay OP so hoping for a good number tmw :) Hope everyone had a good weekend!

droidgigi
01-23-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm in newly in maintenance and yesterday was my phase 1 day and today phase 2 and tomorrow will be 3...that's how I roll :-)

Sunday:
B-Fine Herb Omelett
L-Broccoli Cheese Soup + 2c well seasoned and baked portobella mushrooms
D-2c baked kale (basically not crispy kale chips) Seitan (make like chicken adobe)
S-Dark Chocolate pudding

Monday:
B-Chocolate Pancake (muffin)
L-Big mac in a bowl +1.75c portobella mushrooms and 1/4c red onions
D-(will be) I don't know been pondering all day...thinking garlic lime shrimp with mushrooms/onions/peppers
S-Dark Chocolate pudding

YES!! I have an obsession with mushrooms :-)

panda13
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Then had some shelled edamame with sea salt - it was all DELICIOUS!!! And my whole family ate it including my food snob husband! This is definitely becoming a regular thing around here. I LOVED the frozen shelled edamame I got at Sprouts, so glad I bought like 6 bags. I will be eating this for my veggie all the time :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabfrugalfood/6205095149/

Can we have edamame on Phase 1? I thought it was not allowed. :shrug:

NavyMommy
01-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Can we have edamame on Phase 1? I thought it was not allowed. :shrug:

My coach said it was allowed; however, it counted as your protein not your veggie. I would ask your specific coach because it seems like they vary. I had it once to supplement a sashimi dinner (no way was it 8oz of fish) but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

JULIGAL21
01-24-2012, 12:17 AM
My coach said it was allowed; however, it counted as your protein not your veggie. I would ask your specific coach because it seems like they vary. I had it once to supplement a sashimi dinner (no way was it 8oz of fish) but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

Oh! Good to know! I will double check with my coach... on the phase 1 protocol edamame is listed under veggie so I didn't even think about it. Will double check! Thanks :)

JULIGAL21
01-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Had my first weigh-in today at lunch - down 6 pounds! Woot woot!

Another hectic day followed by girl scouts, but stayed OP again!

B: Capuccino shake, cup of coffee
L: Blueberry shake, lettuce with 1 cup bell pepper, 1 cup onions and cilantro
D: Turkey pepperoni on the go while running a girl scout meeting! Followed by a salad with bell pepper.
S: Blueberry shake (I seem to have a surplus of blueberry shakes...)

Hope everyone had a good Monday :)

JULIGAL21
01-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Almost forgot to post my food journal tonight! Got distracted by pinterest :)

B: Blueberry shake, cup of coffee
L: Strawberry shake, salad with bell pepper
D: turkey burger (just the patty) 2 cups edamame
S: Pina colada shake

wuv2bloved
01-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Almost forgot to post my food journal tonight! Got distracted by pinterest :)

B: Blueberry shake, cup of coffee
L: Strawberry shake, salad with bell pepper
D: turkey burger (just the patty) 2 cups edamame
S: Pina colada shake

Just a suggestion, make sure you are getting at least 4 cups of veggies :)

JULIGAL21
01-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Just a suggestion, make sure you are getting at least 4 cups of veggies :)

Oh yes, I am! When I say, salad with bell peppers I mean salad with 2 cups of chopped bell peppers :) It ends up being like 1/2 lettuce and 1/2 bell peppers or whatever other veggie I decide to throw in there but it's delicious!

JULIGAL21
01-25-2012, 11:39 PM
After a trying day full of temptations and would-be-saboteurs ;) another day of staying OP.

B: Yogurt shake, 1 cup of coffee
L: Raspberry jello, salad with 1 cup chopped bell pepper, 1 cup chopped celery and wf dressing
D: 1 turkey burger, 1 boiled egg, 2 cups celery/bell pepper mix with oil and vinegar
S: Pina Colada shake

Now dinner I **think** I did right, I will probably end up double checking with my coach but in case someone else knows - you know how your meat for dinner is 5-8 oz? Or you can have 2 eggs? Is it ok to have 1 egg and 3-4 oz meat?? In other words, does 1 egg equal about half a portion of meat? I love an egg as part of my meal but having JUST eggs doesn't seem satisfying. I'd like to do a small portion of meat plus 1 egg but not if it's more than I'm supposed to have. Opinions?

shelly ann
01-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Oh yes, I am! When I say, salad with bell peppers I mean salad with 2 cups of chopped bell peppers :) It ends up being like 1/2 lettuce and 1/2 bell peppers or whatever other veggie I decide to throw in there but it's delicious!

I think I do pretty much the same thing with a salad. Chop of lots of different veggies and add it to finely chopped romaine. When it's mixed all together you almost don't need any kind of dressing. Love the chop chop salads and the veggies go down easy that way.