Exercise! - Wii or Kinect?

View Full Version : Wii or Kinect?

Marchmallow
01-16-2012, 05:31 PM
I've had both, and I have to be honest, I prefer the Wii for exercise games because the motion control sensitivity on the Kinect (I played EA Sports Active 2) was a bit glitchy, and the heart rate monitor never displayed my heart rate correctly. And controlling the cursor on the screen was a nightmare. The game would periodically pause itself in the middle of a workout or say that the sensor couldn't see me properly.. Don't get me wrong, the Kinect is a great peripheral and I work in a Games store so I handle all of these machines for a living. But I just got the same game on the Wii and it runs like a dream! I missed my Wii. :,)

So which do you guys prefer?

Mimzzy
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
I am a kinect girl, I personally don't like using the WII very much and I can't quite explain why. I love that the kinect forces me to use my whole body, running on the spot, jumping in the air and so on. I do agree that some of the fitness games do not register properly with the sensor and it makes it hard to use. However I find playing Kinect sports actually gets my heart rate up and makes me sweat. Having a good kinect experience does largely rely on the game you pick I guess, many of them are not quality games.

Marchmallow
01-17-2012, 05:33 AM
Yeah, it's about the games for me, really, I did enjoy Kinect Adventures and Dance Central but I played them to death and I got the Kinect solely for the exercise games, so it ended up disappointing me. The Wii however has just as good range of exercise games (that actually run well!) and also.. Mario Kart! Haha, I love that game so much, and also games like Resident Evil 4 with the Wii Zapper gun, all the party games, and also I can watch BBC iplayer on it and play retro nintendo games. How cool is that?!

But, if they do fix up the Kinect and bring out better games for it, I'd be very tempted to get another one!